Speaker 1: Welcome back to Eves Sports Radio, Monday, June twenty third, twenty twenty five. Of course, I'm still in Panama City, Panama. It is raining like it's a typhoon. It's been raining for the last day and a half. That's the only disturbing thing. Beautiful view, but raining like crazy.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. I hope you all have had a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 1: I heard that Louisville hasn't got a bit of rain ninety degrees. The summer's hit and hit hard, so I'm kind of looking forward to that. It's warmer in Louisville than it is here. It's humid in eighty five degrees, but it's not hot. So anyway, back to the show. Hope everyone's had a tremendous weekend. We've got a lot of sports to get to. Of course, you know, I've got two co hosts, and what is always late, my younger son, Anthony Eves is with us.
Speaker 2: So Andy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning, Welcome to EAT Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We've been getting rained last couple of days, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Gonnak, not the spirit out here. Honestly, we skated over more.
Speaker 2: Rain than we thought we were supposed to here. We were supposed to get rained almost every day. If you've looked on the weather report, there's pretty much thunderstore is and.
Speaker 1: Rain since we got here.
Speaker 5: But it held off for about the first three or four days, so we still got to enjoy a couple of excursions, go outside, enjoy the view. So hope we'll we get lucky again where we could hit the beach one day and it doesn't rain.
Speaker 1: Today or tomorrow exactly because we're out of here on Wednesday. But we just have to send some prayers up. But it's been a fantastic trip. It is a fantastic city, a international city. If you've never visited, you need to and you need to go see the Panama Canal. We got this other guy though, Anthony, we know this other guy. He's a Shaye Gildings Alexander Fan. I have to give him credit. I have to give George Williams credit. George Williams, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: How are you, yes, sir? Are you sure I pick that other reading? You guy? I know you did all the trophies.
Speaker 1: You bring you alive and well I've given it to.
Speaker 2: You, George.
Speaker 3: George, I know a little bit more should.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he'd George, George, I didn't think he'd be this good. I told Anthony, George picked him at the All Star Game. I said he's gonna be a good player. But I didn't think he'd be this good. I didn't, George. I never would have said the most Valuable Player off that All Star Game. I would have never thought m v P. I just would not leading score. Never. I would have never said.
Speaker 2: That, George.
Speaker 1: I'm being honest with you. I would have never said that. And young kid has really really worked on his game. He's not super athletic, super fast, He's just worked on his game. So give him credit. He's world champion now, George. He and Cason Wallace. You got two of them, George.
Speaker 3: Man, Yes, sir, but but I picked this young man when in high school. I told you was he was teaching glass out there, and he's washed up to Kentucky and take a job, did all of it, and then the pros and really took over and really.
Speaker 1: To go, No, you did, George, this one. I'm not gonna do you like you do me when I call it out. You know, when I called out Feelanova.
Speaker 2: You won't give me my dude.
Speaker 1: But you did call this one out, you did giving.
Speaker 6: It to you. You did.
Speaker 3: You won't let me give you a dude jack because you won't never let it go, so I can. I'm not gonna let it go, George. You're not gonna let it go for somebody.
Speaker 7: You go all over exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, So congratulations. Of course, we're gonna let Anthony. You know, George, I'm would just throw it to him now. We'll let him give out the national news, let him go through College World Series of course, the NBA, the NBA Draft, which is Wednesday, George, which we'll be traveling during the draft Wednesday night, the Travelers Championship. There's a lot to get to that we're gonna let Anthony have. And then again, George, you're only with us on Monday and Friday.
Speaker 2: Then I would though it to you on where we start.
Speaker 1: I mean, we all know we're gonna start with the NBA Finals, but still, let Anthony get the national news out and then we'll go from there. I mean a lot of things are going on in sports right now, George, big draft and big trades, Kevin Durant, that'll be I'm gonna give you my opinion on that one, boy.
Speaker 3: Is I have to snoock up on me, Jerry, No.
Speaker 1: I mean, just boy boom NBA drafts year. I mean that's because everyone knows Cooper Flags won. Dallas Mavericks is gonna be good. I mean, now Houston they're gonna be good. I've got some questions for you and Anthony, but I'm gonna do it to Anthony right now.
Speaker 2: We're at sixteen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let him just get some of the national news, George, and we'll get into sports. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Obviously, so we got a lot that happened over the last couple of days, over this weekend, all the way from golf, basketball, baseball, WNBA, you name it, we pretty much got it.
Speaker 1: So obviously, the first thing we do.
Speaker 4: Want to tap into we've been hitting for a long time is the NCAA Baseball College World Series. LSU did sweep Coast Carolina in a two game series.
Speaker 1: They've played Saturday. The first game.
Speaker 4: LSU won one zero in that first one. Then they played yesterday afternoon and LSU won five to three, taking that two to zero league championship win against Coastal Carolina, the sixth straight time SEC team has won since the College World Series six in a row. That's pretty impressive. I'll say that to say the least the same, especially in one sport because I've watched baseball. But one thing I will say about baseball, there's more diversity when.
Speaker 1: It comes to skills.
Speaker 2: You'll see team from Coastal Carolina, Murray States.
Speaker 4: You'll see it from time to time in basketball, Cinderella stories.
Speaker 1: Football not as much. Football is kind of just the powerhouses.
Speaker 4: You know, even though you're right hates me because I said Indiana guy to my absolute luck last year, but they did. I mean we saw when they played. They lost by thirty against two ranked teams that they played all season. So it's just not a surprise to me. Obviously, we had the Travelers Championship yesterday. Keegan Bradley did win yesterday, shooting minus fifteen at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut. Took home three point six million dollars. Talk about life changing four days. All it takes is golf. Golf one weekend. You can turn into a millionaire.
Speaker 2: Over a couple of good holes.
Speaker 4: But it is one I will say, it's gotta be one.
Speaker 2: Of the hardest sports in the world.
Speaker 4: I love golf, but it frustrates me like no others sometimes even though it shouldn't.
Speaker 1: But I love it. Then.
Speaker 4: Obviously, everyone saw the NBA Finals last night, the Thunder one in Game seven and one of three to ninety one, Tyre's Holliburton tours Achilles in the first quarter, which we all hated to see. It's just one of those championships that do I think the Thunder would have probably beat the Pacers in my mind, yes, But the thing is, I can't say that I really know the outcome because their best player was out within the first six minutes and he was shooting phenomenals three for four, nine points in seven minutes.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: We sit there and talk about SGA, and I honestly, I'm glad the Kentucky kid is finally doing well.
Speaker 1: I like SGA.
Speaker 2: It's just sometimes I don't.
Speaker 4: It's it's and it's controversial for me.
Speaker 1: It's play style.
Speaker 4: He's efficient during the regular season, he was fishing during the playoffs. I'm just not the biggest fan of the push off all the time because it doesn't it's not.
Speaker 1: A two way street for it.
Speaker 4: In cases, he'll sit there and push off and do step backs all game and dislodge players and score thirty points and shoot fifty percent from the field. And then there's games when people don't want to be pushed around or they don't go for the push off and he gets bumped off and then he kind of flops and then call the foul for him. So he goes to the free throw line eleven to thirteen times a game when people try to stand their ground, but if they don't and they get dis lodged and get pushed off, then he shooes wide up in fifteen footers and it's just you gotta make it even for both sides.
Speaker 1: I understand that, you know.
Speaker 4: The offensive player does have an advantage in sports, especially in basketball, but you can't make it almost impossible to guard them. It's just it's just to a point where it's just making.
Speaker 2: It a little bit unfair.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's going to continue to go this way, but people have been complaining about it for too long to where that.
Speaker 1: That's just not going to be a thing.
Speaker 2: I think in the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: Hey, George, I was telling Anthony James Harden. Of course he didn't win one, but he had a little thing to where he was getting a lot of calls off the dribble.
Speaker 2: It just happens sometimes. What do you think, George about that?
Speaker 7: I mean, like I think, to live in the perfect world and the perfect things happen, and you play a certain way, Jerry, superstars get calls. The best players get the calls. I thought your boy ag Gilli Vanda was getting beat up. I thought he played through it. He never cried here, and you if you look at his handles, the reason he can get off like he gets off is because he can pet that ball and he can go where he wants to go and nobody can stop it from going. Every now and then, yeah, he may shove off, but everybody got pet mob. I didn't think it was a shove off because as much as he's getting off getting beat up, and he never complains, you never see him talks of rufid. I'm getting really foul foul. So if I'm gonna take your beating up, and you gotta take a little something for me too. If you're gonna get it, you gotta be ready to take it.
Speaker 2: Is a physical game.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal. How look at the totality fifty nine from the field goal, tremendous field go fift thirty seven point five from the three. This is for the season, thirty seven to five. Any coach would take any day in eighty nine nine from the free throw line, flat flat, dad, Very very very good stats. Now, Anthony last night was correct. I didn't look at them. I was pushing a lot of praise the SGNA. He said, did you look at it? I said, he was eight for twenty seven, two for twelve, George, So I said, okay, but still Worlds champions. But I understand the differential. I mean, what's going on is this, George? We were reading and of course he reads a lot of the stuff, but we were reading yesterday all the information. Doesn't have anything else to do, and they were talking about and some of the talking head's opinions was he the worst MVP lately.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna hit you all with that later on.
Speaker 3: I'll get in at today.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get it to you. I know it, George.
Speaker 1: It was just on the internet because you got to talk about things.
Speaker 3: George. It is.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give you the stats. I'm gonna get into it, but we're not gonna get into it just yet. That's another segment when we're talking about Michael Jordan goats.
Speaker 2: We just got into the debates and we just want to see.
Speaker 1: So for me, George, I was okay, see all the way I thought they would be O see case in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Cleveland let me down.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 1: I mean they did have three starters, missed three playoff games. Yes they did.
Speaker 2: So you have to that's no team's good enough.
Speaker 1: If you said three starters out of OKAC was gonna miss three playoff games, I don't think they'd have won it either. So I'm going to give that part that much I have to give to the Caves. But I still thought it would be okay, see in the Calves and I thought, okay, you would win. That was my pick George when this started.
Speaker 3: So what do you think, well, Jeah, I want I want to go back to what Andy says about to push out two of the greatest plays in Michael Jordan's career. People are calling the questionable about the pull out. I mean push out us. You look at you look at Phoenix, you look at Utah, you look at Phoenix. Yes, you look at Cleveland A three games, you look at three Cleveland. I mean that's just a move that's allowed in the NBA. And I and this new current player just don't like I mean plans don't like it. But the big players, that's a move that you make all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Byron Russell push off on the crossover, Yes, with that.
Speaker 2: You know, if it was alive, then give me a little comeback.
Speaker 3: I know it wasn't I it wasn't you name you named to?
Speaker 4: You named two plays and Michael Jordan's was the weakest, the softest push off of the century, delegated. You made it, Shaye did it for an entire season. If you guarded Shaye, how would you feel getting pushed off?
Speaker 2: Would you get pushed off?
Speaker 1: Would you get pushed off forty times?
Speaker 2: Again? Well, here's what happens. Then, This is what everyone knows.
Speaker 1: Other coaches during the playoffs, when they have those issues, they take the tapes to the NBA office.
Speaker 2: The NBA office is supposed to show.
Speaker 1: It to the officials, and then the officials are supposed to evaluate it, just like they do in the game. That's what's supposed to happen. Young Man, just we'll find out. It's we'll find out as his career develops. Now we got to call at George. We gotta take Bubba walking to the sports radio.
Speaker 3: Are you I'm good man? How you doing?
Speaker 1: You know? We just we always do Bubba. Well.
Speaker 8: The only time I call it in is on Mondays and Fridays because I know I've got someone there with some intelligence that can carry on the conversation.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Don't give gonna give you your tat, Paul, I understand. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey, the first thing is damn rock and it's sham Rock. Yeah, I can't stand.
Speaker 1: That's even worse when you added to Shamrocks.
Speaker 3: In Yeah, it's.
Speaker 8: But the World Series, uh, college World Series. You know that coach got kicked out in the first inning of the first game. He was born good times, but I think that he should have U I'm part should have had a little bit thicker skin, uh in the situation. But it is. But but my main reason is the call is that I understand that little is going to name the street after Tom Jersey, which is all find and good. But what's the delay with having there. There's no statue of west Antil anywhere. That guy with the whole family, they're great. You know, I've really never met him, but you never my mom My mother worked in the cafeteria back years ago at Seneca. Uh, they're just great folks. That guy's a legend basketball player. Uh here in the city of Louisville. You know, he's an NBA rookie. Uh, Rookie of the Year, we'll table player of the year. And I think he was the first one that ever did it. I did explained to me the second Kareem was.
Speaker 2: Kareem was first. I mean, uh, will table it was first.
Speaker 3: West was second.
Speaker 2: Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 8: But I remember as a kid going out to UFL games and watching him play, even though I called a couple of games at Seneca. I mean, the guy was phenomenal. I mean, and I mean he's a guy when you take a little bit back in the day, him or Charlie Tyree. But I'm just curious why they haven't had.
Speaker 3: Some for him. Let me tell you what.
Speaker 2: And I do know the entire family.
Speaker 1: I grew up next to them, Bubba from nineteen sixty nine. On the first time I met Les until I was in sixty nine, we moved right next to them in Prospect and you touched the source. It's so funny. Coach Beer was saying the same thing. I was at the press conference last week when the mayor announced that they were going to be naming the street after Tom Jadge, and I had no problem. You're with the naming of.
Speaker 2: Streets for people. My only issue with Louisville, and I do have an issue with them.
Speaker 1: Is that totality, the whole truth never gets told when they are facts that are out there, but city and the leaders of this community won't say it.
Speaker 2: They just don't say it.
Speaker 1: So when you throw in the Western Sale Peace which was second to Wilt Chamberlain for MVP and Rookie of the Year. So we're talking about nineteen sixty eight, you have a player from the city of Louisville that played at University of Louisville with coach Beard, who came after West because Western Sale signed with Louisville.
Speaker 2: And there was nothing for thirty five years.
Speaker 1: We know, the last fifteen years, like George says, all schools are trying to give their players their roses before they die. But there was nothing on that campus for West un Sale. There was nothing in the city for Western Sale. There was nothing anywhere other than at Seneca High School. It just doesn't make sense, So it's a sensitive thing with me. I have no problem with the Tomsrish thing. He did a lot of great things when he was there. I just want, when Jerry's told the truth about what happened under his watch, that people say, yes, it happened, and quit being mad at me.
Speaker 2: That's all. That just doesn't And Louis boy.
Speaker 1: When they want to cover up the cover up, that's all I'm saying, that's just the fact of matter. And if you say the truth, boy, you're gonna get the irony like you've never seen before. So everybody gives me grief, Bubba, because I tell him I'm a Louisville fan.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I think I'm the big Louisville fan in the city because I'll stand up for what's right, and dan it I get hilified.
Speaker 2: So Bubba, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna turn it over to George see.
Speaker 2: What he has to say about that.
Speaker 1: But the last or you'll know, when West died, his family said no to statues. And want everybody to understand that his wife, his daughter, his sons, I know all of them.
Speaker 2: They said no. They did not want him to be honored in that fashion.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you why I'm just saying that they did say no. Coach Beard Wade Houston, with a group of people that were going to do something for them, they said no. But that's after he died. I don't know about before then. What happened for those thirty five years before that, I don't know what happened in Louisville and the recognition of west Unt. I just don't so, George, there you go.
Speaker 8: But you know, you know, as time passes, it becomes more more more or becomes less relevant because there will be less people to know what he was all about. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yes, No, without a.
Speaker 2: Doubt, it does make sense.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense how it happened from sixty nine to seventy nine to eighty. Let's go and George, I'm not gonna take home, George throw in the World Championship with the Washington Bullets.
Speaker 2: Forever, go ahead.
Speaker 7: I don't think that's the most important point about who Westerntail is for the University of Louisville. Understand who Charlie Tyrae was. I know Charlie was a great guy. But west unslled put uvel on the map with current basketball in the late sixties, when the NCAA became popular. If it wasn't for west Unsell, Loila wouldn't have been on the map. He led the conference. He's one of the most dynamic ball players that ever played here. And one of the things that you're missing and were talking about a sixth were talking about six six tenor in the NBA being Rookie of the Year and MVP at the same time. You know what I'm saying, I'm heard of. And he was.
Speaker 3: And like I said, Jerry, I.
Speaker 7: Was sitting here. He came home for a homecoming game and I'll never will forget. And I got a picture of him. He's got a red rose on and Wes was sitting there and I was talking to west Unsall Jerry. Ninety percent of the UFL administration, I don't.
Speaker 3: Even know if they knew who he was. And he told me at that time, this was his words out his mouth. He said, I'll never come back. That's what he told me, you know what I mean. And I knew him as a little boy, like at the university, a little but like I said, Wes was one of the most dynamic players that we've ever had the university. One of the best ambassadors we ever had his accomplishments that I'm real what he did after he left the University of Louisville. When they opened up the Young Center, jed my opinion. When they opened up the Young Center, him and Charlie Tyrae should have had the trophies, I mean statues in front, and I think West would have had the one over child and not knocking CHILDI go, I think it's a great gap. But I think West Suns, who put the University of Louisville on the map.
Speaker 2: No not get the arguments from me.
Speaker 1: You know that, nor coach you be here, so Bubman, appreciate your carl. It's a sensitive issue.
Speaker 2: We all know that.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what happened for the thirty year period. I do know that Kanye's wife said no to statues after West passed period point blank. She said no to West, she said no to me. She said no to Coach Houston. She said no fact So I don't know. But before then, I can't tell you. And like I told you, Derreck Smith and I for a four or five six year peer in the road lived with all the great ones that we all think about. Sam Jones is Bill Russell's guys, Carry my brother Carry's will tell you that he hung out with us in Chicago.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about all of them, Paul Silas, the.
Speaker 1: Great ones, you are, I mean, and Wes everyone. If you said who got the most respect, who had the most kudos, or if we were talking when everybody's talking over each other and someone started talking, when West started talking, people started listening. I'm just telling you all fact. I'm talking about Paul Silace, Bill Russell.
Speaker 2: That's the truth. But beer with it's just the truth. So I don't know what happened, Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, George Jerry And what's in Kareem Abdula's book. Kareem said, he's the most difficult person that I've ever had, one of the most difficult, one of the top three difficult people he's ever had to face in life. He said he's starting a low block. He said the.
Speaker 3: Time he got to bout what him up by the foul land one knee me and the uh me in the back, knee on on the butt, elbow in the back, and he said, you walking guy, boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people like Anthony's young and even know there were seven firsts everywhere. People thought the league has only grown now. Little Chamberlain was a monster cream up.
Speaker 2: To a jabal.
Speaker 1: I mean he had this skuy hooked that was unstoppable. West was playing center at six sixth and a half. George Anderson right, and was m VP of Rik of the Year and world champion, don't forget it.
Speaker 8: And he was like a condole the head on it.
Speaker 3: He was so wide in his big leg I mean he had big.
Speaker 8: Legs and you know big, just a big and at six he had leverage on you can just push, take you anywhere he wanted to.
Speaker 1: That was a gentleman Newburg boy, George, we have to do it Newburg show.
Speaker 2: People don't that are listening.
Speaker 1: I know you ought to understand these old names, but I'm gonna take you back. You need to know about some of the true athletes the community of Newburgh, Thomas Jefferson and Seneca High School.
Speaker 2: They need to know the truth.
Speaker 1: George, truly what used to come out of the city of Louisville that changed the landscape of basketball. Daryl Griffiths was third or fourth. I mean Wesley talks West Hunt. So we've had just tremendous players.
Speaker 2: So we'll get to a bit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we don't even to talk about Roy Simpson, Mike Grid I mean you.
Speaker 3: Know, we don't even talk Hey, hey, Jerry. While we talk about West, you always tell the story not only was he respected as a ballplayer, but he made you respect him as the coaching and he gave new bowls a reason to respect him and the coaching all those players. George story, How will.
Speaker 1: Would we come back from break? George, I will tell people the truth. It's these words radio bubb appreciation call. It is six excuse me, it's six twenty nine here, it is seven twenty nine in Louisville. Shiton runs two breaks. When we come back, I am on tell him the story on West Sun selling a new bowl after the break radio ru in Panama City, Panama. It's six thirty five years, seven thirty five in Louisville, and it looks like the weather's been to break a little bit. But George, Anthony Bubba came up. What a great point. Last week I was at the press conference. I have no issues with Tom Jerise, guys, I don't. I just have issues on how University Louisville has done things throughout the years period.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: I went to Louisville, went a championship there. I am a Louisville fan no matter what people say. That's why I stand up.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 3: No, you're not great.
Speaker 1: Great Now get and we gotta call. I'm gonna get to him in a second, but I'm gonna finish and give you the story that I'm gonna bring Ryan on the show. The deal is this. West Son sell Is the coach, was a player's coach. Everyone loved to play for him. They did George. He had no issues with players, but the players knew not to mess with Westerns.
Speaker 2: When he told you to do something, just like as a player.
Speaker 1: Compost Ali said, he knocked me down, picked me up, all in the same breath, and he could pat me on the butt. He said, I couldn't. I was mad, couldn't be mad, And they wanted to hug him. That was the kind of guy where Sunseill was. But minut Bowl thought that he was gonna put west suns Hill in his place. This is true story you own, But he's gonna put him in his place. Nut Bowl was seven seven. Probably where do you think George two fifteen Max.
Speaker 2: Six max and of.
Speaker 1: Course for some reason he got twisted with one Sunsell during the halftime of a game.
Speaker 2: Legitimate you a fact.
Speaker 1: West Unt Hill grabbed that boy and locked him in one of the bigger lockers.
Speaker 2: If people haven't been in.
Speaker 1: Pro locker rooms, they had larger lockers than what you would remember in high school.
Speaker 2: Much larger.
Speaker 1: And he put that boy in a box and shut it and locked it. And the entire team looked at him and said, Manton told you to shut up and locked manut Bowl in the locker like he was just a little kid.
Speaker 3: Because he was. He was. You went a good parts well, west Total, Well, just let me if you feel that way about it, he said, forget I'm a coach. Just let me get my giet off. He did, he did, he.
Speaker 1: Did, But I don't need to do everything about it.
Speaker 2: Was understand. I don't wt people to get exwisted.
Speaker 1: He was one of the nicest individuals, nicest you'll ever run acros and being honest with you, everyone loved was until a Poland the owner the Washington Bullets, which are the Washington Wizards. We know the name Bullet is not appropriate, they say anymore, but George. He was president general manager of the Bullets Wizards Capital Center. He ran everything for a Poland, absolutely everything. So his accomplishments were like hou staid, George, weren't crazy for the city of Louisville not to have anything. I don't get it, George. So before I go to my Collingwood, you got or right ended and.
Speaker 3: The dynamics of West.
Speaker 7: Not only did they love his family like that in Washington, that's Washington. He's born here in Louisville. Jay, and what he's done, fuss is I'm real aide Poland and his family loved the unselved family so much.
Speaker 3: What team?
Speaker 7: You know, Five's the son and it gives him a job administration after you just find no Ab.
Speaker 2: Was that what?
Speaker 1: And don't forget Ab fired Michael. George don't want people to know.
Speaker 2: That he was often.
Speaker 3: Until he got to go Michael.
Speaker 1: Jordan, so Abe knew what he was doing. And George, don't forget. Weston has a school in Baltimore. His wife still runs it. Friend of privileged kids. West is still giving back to that community.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 1: He owned half of the Chesapeake and I mean that, guys. They used to ride in the banana splits, motor scooters. Dereck Smith and I all Western, So it's property that you can ride out and just look at the chesap Peake. I mean, the guy did extremely well for himself. So let's bring our next caller, Ron loc Leaves.
Speaker 2: What's radio?
Speaker 3: What's going on? My man? What's up?
Speaker 6: Man? How are you all this morning?
Speaker 2: Good? Run Old at one second?
Speaker 1: George?
Speaker 2: Everybody, hey, be your man?
Speaker 3: How is everybody your man?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Explain it good? I know he don't have no friends, But tell him who we are round. Let him know who we are.
Speaker 6: He knows who we are, George, he knows.
Speaker 1: He don't roll over me, right? If you roll over me, I'm gonna have to. I'm gonna have to make Patty turn it back on your ride. Don't make me make Paddy back.
Speaker 3: So what's up, Dason?
Speaker 1: What do you have for us? Tall is?
Speaker 6: I think Bubba hit on a great topic there. Okay, but here's the problem that our mayor of the city has. Okay, one of us been around long enough to know the whole kirt. Some of us enough thirty or forty years okay, okay, And I'm not gonnassault this like I didn't graduate from their jersey.
Speaker 3: I didn't play there, so.
Speaker 6: I can tell you what I need to say. I want to say, we know why our past hasn't been recognized. And the guy they're bringing in here to tell you how three what what group things he does in name street character, We know what he does, Rid Patino. Yes, they get to make things, they accomplish some things. The question past. They also put this university in this city, the last ten or twelve years of turnile that they went through, and and those two and it's a no impact. Remember how they run any crumb out. Okay, let's not forget that. If you're old enough, you know. Okay, they didn't want the past. Remember, they didn't want the past get the credit. They wanted all their leaders. And that's also while we don't have any yet here. So let's just stop. Let's stop with all this all the great time. People haven't forgot the mayor.
Speaker 3: Okay, we know what really went on here.
Speaker 6: Some of us do anyway, and you feel didn't happen, But no, not all of us. Some of us know the truth. And I would like to land on the side of church. Jerry. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is. Yeah, he did accomplish some things.
Speaker 3: There's a question about.
Speaker 6: Even though we're not sure where all the money came from, if it came from the proper places. But regardless, he did do that. But let's don't remember how he treated their their all time things codes for the best goat to that ever ever was here and never will be here. In my opinion, the.
Speaker 2: Truth not changing that not my opinion.
Speaker 1: I wish.
Speaker 6: The pastor wasn't recognized because they wanted to be and they want they don't want an NBA team here because they want to be the big ticket to big here. Well here we are.
Speaker 2: Stay right there. No, I like that, Stay right there, George. I'm gonna throw it to you.
Speaker 1: Rod's given his perspectives, which is very very very very close to Coach.
Speaker 2: Beard's perspective and my perspective.
Speaker 1: Okay, just being honest with Ron said, let's just be fourth, right, I've got to give people the facts on my show, we do not the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Indiana Pacers played. I love watching both of them. I don't care what anyone says because they're low market NBA teams. What does that mean? Small cities, that's all? And the city of Louisville had an opportunity to have one. Now I have city leaders that get upset with me personally, they're my friends.
Speaker 2: I'm not calling names because what I'm telling you all they say, Jared, you got to get over the past. That's true, but people still have to know what happened.
Speaker 1: Louisvoe had an opportunity to have the Charlotte Hornet's period point blank. When David Stern again, in my opinion, the greatest commission in pro sports. In my opinion, there's probably some people say Roselle football, and I have no problem with that, But in basketball, there's no question.
Speaker 2: Is David Stern.
Speaker 1: This crazy money came from David Stern when he puts in the New York Post, it's there.
Speaker 2: Google it.
Speaker 1: When people don't understand what an NBA team brings to that city and they know what it does. Rick Potino knows what a protein would do tax base wise for the city, and so does Tom Jurch, then they don't deserve one. That is not my words.
Speaker 2: That's David Stern who put it in an article.
Speaker 1: Guys, uh, that's billions of dollars that it costs to live.
Speaker 2: On taxpace money. That's all.
Speaker 1: I don't care anybody says they don't want me to say it, because it's like, don't say that, guys, I've read it. I don't have it in front of me now, I didn't know Bubba was gonna call.
Speaker 2: But it's just the truth.
Speaker 1: I can google and tell you don't where to find it where David Stern put it in writing, not hearsay through somebody. No, it's in print.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: So Georgie's right, Y's right about that period, point blank?
Speaker 3: Do you what do you think? Opinion you agree even goes further back than that, Like we're talking about the DYNA places. We also had an ABA team that won the championship. We had the opportunity to walk into the A the NBA. We didn't have to fight to get into the NBA. We could have been grandfather in like the rest of the team that jumped over from the A, B A to the NBA. We had a solid basketball team that would have went in, that would have been a competible, competible team in the NBA at that time. We were yes, I'm saying, but when the NBA broke up and got the ABA team Louisville was one of the teams that they wanted to take over at that time. They wanted them to join the NBA. John Brown did not want to do that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, No, George, Right, that's that point.
Speaker 2: Thank you George for that.
Speaker 3: Ron.
Speaker 1: That's twice that this city has missed his opportunity. That's why Jerry Eave is trying to make sure people know we can't ever let that happen again.
Speaker 3: That's what weary. Yeah, we showed our players for the NBA team.
Speaker 2: Artist, Gilmore, dan Is, Maurice Lucas. I know them all personally.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, right and look at the resume their resumes. Yes, wrong Lucas, Gilmore and Isle. Yes, you've got a big thing right there.
Speaker 1: Jar all stars, Yes, go question NBA All Stars go ahead, right.
Speaker 6: Did anybody ever stop and teams? Oh, why the likes of West humphl Wich, Beard, Purvose, Evison, people like that don't have a hen wants to come back here or if you recognize here for anything, anybody ever stopped and think about why that is true?
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, we're gonna go to break. When we come back, we're gonna talk about that. That's a great point.
Speaker 1: Purves Elison is publicly said, Ny, Butch Beard has already said, take my stuff down. I mean the guys, come on, who lived in Louisville came back to Louisville to Simmons College for free. Thomas Deliver rented a place in the for free. He made five thousand bucks that and then of course, and then you're right, and we're talking about West Hunt Shill. We do have a pattern. Run it's the sports radio. We're gonna be back after the break. Welcome back to the sports radio. It is seven forty nine. Some days we have real dialogue. Some days we have fun. Again, we're not taking from tom accomplishments.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 1: We're just talking to the skitny Louisville about how and why was that so could have been left for thirty years and he was period point blank. I'm not ever backing down. That's why people, well, I think are pretty good. I just got them the other day. They're pretty dangn good. But ye have a problem with me. Go ahead, George.
Speaker 7: You know one of the things that we talk about, and Ron brought it up. You know, there are some some negative quantations that we can put with Jerry's and stuff. But from the time Western Sale has went to high school, maybe elementary school, and he's a Native son. This young man's accomplishments and what he's done as an ambassador for the city of Louisville is I'm president. Only other person I can think that accomplished and done as much, but of Louisville is Muhammad Ali, right, I agree, and for for the for a native son to not be recognized, for you not to know your history, because see, when you don't know your history, Jary, you repeat all your dumb mistakes, and we can look at that going on right now in society. So you must know your history and you must recognize those who made you who you are if you want to go on and be a great city and say what you accomplishing. This is we have allowed this to go on much too long to not recognize those people who don't look like everybody else, not to be recognized and be put up on a board.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Rob, you got anything to add or do you want me to finish? Rob may be going, okay, guys, here's the deal. George great point. When Ron brought up about the three players three very successful players at the University of Louisville, and for some reason they have differences with the city.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I'm not going to speak for people.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but I know publicly through my show reading the comments from these.
Speaker 2: People that they have issues.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 1: And these just happened to be three of the African American players. Like Ron said, that's just the facts. So when we're looking at this, I want people to understand. Everyone wants to say, like I told you, they wanted jobs. Guys, Anthony, do you have West n sales jobs up for me?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: I just want people to understand. So before you hit that he needed something, I tried to be nice with You don't have the Chesapeake because the Unsealed Foundation and family does. He never needed a dime from the day he left Louisville. So I want people to take that out of their minds because that's what they say when Jerry's and Bushbeard came back. Oh, they want jobs, they need jobs. They don't know. We don't.
Speaker 2: I've told them.
Speaker 1: I'm the low on the totem toe out of the guys about and I'm the most blessed person in the world. But you know that's what they say, George when they want to knock it's something.
Speaker 2: May need something. Anthony read some of us on sales accomplishments. Yeah, so want some of his NBA statues.
Speaker 3: That's not his career.
Speaker 4: So post so post playing career in legacy Legacy of West until after retiring, primarily due tone issues in nineteen eighty one, his number forty one jersey was retired, and he stayed with the organization as a coach, executive, and mentor.
Speaker 1: He's the head coach of the Bullets.
Speaker 4: From nineteen eighty seven through nineteen ninety four, posting a two oh two and three forty five record with one playoff appearance. Served as the GM through nineteen ninety six two two thousand and three, continuing the influence the franchise's direction and culture, and was inducted into the Natesmith Hall of Fame in nineteen eighty eight, named among the NBA's fifty Greatest Players in nineteen ninety six, and later the seventy fifth Anniversary Team. His personal life and community impact, he married to Connie, a co founder of Unsales School in Baltimore, opened in nineteen seventy nine, where he also served in administrative and coaching Roles. Came from a large family in Louisville, one of nine children. The father was a prize fighter and part time baseball player, which is actually the godfather of the NBA player Kept and Love currently and his son West Until Junior has followed his legacy coaching in the NBA, most recently with the Wizards and then the Bulls staff.
Speaker 2: So West Unsil's legacy.
Speaker 4: Has went on for a long time, is distilled over Louisville and throughout the world, I.
Speaker 2: Think absolutely so.
Speaker 1: I just want people to understand, Please do not put that connotation on West Until Butch be here purpose Elison, please, because George, that's what they do, right, Georgia. I mean the first thing is needed something Nahase, don't.
Speaker 3: Go about that. What's the maiden to me, Jared, It's a shame the West, sim said, is more prominently known in Washington.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That's a shame. And I'm just gonna get people in an example by hometown. They need to sewn pitch up anywhere.
Speaker 2: Thanks you.
Speaker 1: I think they've got him somewhere, George, but still not. Let me just give people an example. George they need to know this our listeners. Guys, Johnny Unitas had a great career, great, great football player, got me, great quarterback, champion coach, if my dad loved him. Lenny Lyles played at Louisville. He was just okay, he was undrafted, wasn't from Louisville got me. But the minute he played football and played well. And everybody knows about the great Johnny Uniteds and so do I and I love him. You see the Johnny Unitas.
Speaker 2: We know it.
Speaker 1: We see the statues, we know the street names, you know the dorm, we know everything.
Speaker 2: Got me what happened to wesn'ton sixty nine?
Speaker 1: MVP Rookie of the Year and MVP and guys, we don't even know his name.
Speaker 2: I'm just showing you all the contrasts. This issue at the city of Louispol has been so.
Speaker 1: Everybody gets upset with me. Yes, I live next to that man. His name is Big Charlie, but since his dad's name was Big Childie and George.
Speaker 2: He mentored everybody.
Speaker 1: He mentored hood, he mentored every kid in prospecting in Newburg and Thomas Jefferson Ryan Thomas was one of his boys. That's another Louisville great from TJ. I'm just telling you all, guys it. Justice doesn't make sense. So when I can say to Louisville, look at Johnny united deserved, then we say what's I said, and everybody tells me to get over it.
Speaker 2: They can't get away from Jim.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna get over George can say this right quick. You made me think of this. You made me think of this.
Speaker 7: Not only was West Unsealed a great native and great ball player in the city of Louisville, but the unself family name was so prominent while he was just in college, not even a pro. The name of his father and accomplishment they had made for the city of Newburgh was so prominent. Today I've heard of and we talked about Rick. We're talking about the jury.
Speaker 3: They named a street after the Unselled before West believing a a U of l.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. We got about thirty seconds. I need a whole week for this.
Speaker 1: His brother went to Kansas started Will Chamberlain, took his job, turned into an alderman at Louisville.
Speaker 2: The Unseld family, you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about the city, Come on, guys, they were politically tied. Come on, we haven't even talked about his brother.
Speaker 3: Big joke.
Speaker 2: I'm on, George, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Look at the street name after the family they're.
Speaker 2: Doing I know.
Speaker 1: Exactly so anyway, George, we're gonna let it go. Great call, Bubba, thanks for your.
Speaker 3: George, we're talking to you about.
Speaker 1: Writing E Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: I'm out you guys, enjoy your