Speaker 1: I'm waiting on the guitar. There's a little eddie there for you. News Radio eight forty whas. Welcome to Tuesday. One more hour to go and then claim bucket of course. Terry Miners three o'clock News Radio eight forty whs. I'm Dwight witting Tony Venedi is somewhere and John Auden's right there steering the ship. How you liking being on the show so far? How long has it been? Two months? Three months?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I lose track. But it's fun steering the ship. It's a big ship, but it's a is a very fun one.
Speaker 1: It's a stinky ship.
Speaker 3: It can be very stinky.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we are quite stinky. So I didn't realize that we did the story. I thought it was last week about a Ed the zebra.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that flying through the air. He's a helicopter.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize. So when we did the story last week, I did what I'm gonna go ahead and put it out there because I'm fair and honest. I did what any journalist should never do. I assumed that they caught Ed the zebra. They did not. I thought when we did the story last I.
Speaker 2: Saw him in a big basket. They were flying him in a helico.
Speaker 1: I'm saying when we did the story last week, Yeah, that's what you get when you walk in right in the middle of the break. You know, almost what you try to inject yourself.
Speaker 2: Myself with plenty.
Speaker 1: No listen, I thought last week when we did this story that they had caught the zebra, that that the same day. You know what I mean, you got it wrong. You know I got it wrong. I got way wrong. So I just did a retraction on my story, like any journalist would.
Speaker 2: This zebra, I told you, runs down the street, takes a right like he's on a computer, Like he's like this. This zebra had personality and even writing in the little pouch, his face looks like.
Speaker 1: I gotcha. Well, if you remember, the zebra was quite smart because he ran into a referee convention in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was a good move.
Speaker 1: And you know they're all black and white stripe too, that he couldn't find it. But evidently the zebra was free and rolling. How was it? How does that happen? He was roaming free for over a week.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, let me read this real quick, because I got this in the DMS. Not too long ago, we were talking about the riots.
Speaker 1: And twenty twenty somebody slid in your DM.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did. My buddy from high school, he said, Yeah, listening to you guys now, My grandfather was shot and killed in the line of duty when my mom was just thirteen years old. And those protesters we were talking about spray painted over his name, he said, And I said, man, I answered. Then he said his killer was the first executed by death penalty in Louisville.
Speaker 1: Well, well, since we're talking about the desecration of falling officers, firefighters EMS Memorial Square, let me just take a couple of seconds and remind if you haven't, if you've gotten I have not. The guy's name was Greg Fisher. Greg Fisher was the merit at the time. And not only did they spray paint over the fallen officers' names, but they also desecrated the eternal flame by cutting the gas line. Okay, so Greg Fisher. His response was, well, make sure that they have water, porta potties and electricity. And they were camped out illegally at this square where we honor our fallen officers, our fallen firefighters are falling EMS and this piece of trash. His only concern was take care of the people who are desecrating this monument for our officers that have died, you know. So it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: The Tony Awards. I know you are a big Tony Awards.
Speaker 1: Guy ob taping it, so don't tell me.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I won't tell you who won.
Speaker 1: No, go ahead, I'll know who. Are we kidding?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I hope it was. The Tony Awards goes out to people like Tony Soprano. Today it's playing the Street Awards shows just for Tony.
Speaker 2: Well, they revealed on the show that they they had the highest grossing season of all time for Broadway, one point nine billion dollars over across all productions, and I thought wow, and then I went, oh, I know how it's the cheapest ticket to see any of these things? Are a thousand bucks to go to see a play or a musical in New York. I'm like, hello, friends that have gone up there to go and they're like, Hey, we're going to see a play. And I'm like, so the two tickets for your to go see the musical or play was more than your hotel. It's like, this is crazy. Why is it one thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars unless you know how like in TV shows they have like a judge and to settle the case, So say you don't have the money to pay mister VANNEDI, but now you're gonna be his butler for two bunths. You know when they do crap like that. If there was a creative judge and they really wanted to smack me, they would say, Okay, you're sentenced to go watch Cats or whatever play it might be not Cats or I don't rent or whoever. So stupid, I would ask the judge of say, Cats, do you want me to go right now?
Speaker 2: There's there's no play John liked it?
Speaker 1: No stop, Oh Skettles, Hey Skettles.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's no there's no player musical. I would pay a thousand dollars to go see I'm not, especially if I'm sorry two thousand dollars, because I'm certainly not going without Jackie. So it's you're telling me two thousand dollars for us to go see a play. I'm not. There's no play that I'm going to see for two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, there could be an argument for hair because there's nudity all through it all right, but but still still but.
Speaker 2: I get it one point nine billion.
Speaker 1: Here's an angle though, Oh Jackie, you want to go see Cats. Yeah, that's a fine idea, but the tickets are a thousand bucks apiece. So I'm gonna save our family a thousand and you go. See what I mean? She gets to see Cats.
Speaker 2: But these poor families that have I don't know, you know, daughters that are you know, eight and ten, and they want to go see the play what at Wicked whatever it is, and they's like they're dream to go to New York and actually go see a play on Broadway. And it's just like, as a parent, you're just like, Okay, it's three grand for us to go. This is crazy. It's crazy. I don't know how they do it, but that's.
Speaker 3: Why you're spending that kind of money, or you know, spending thousands of dollars on your kids at Disney World.
Speaker 2: Don't you ever, Yeah, don't you ever ever? Audi disparage the mouse like that again. Disney World is a magical place.
Speaker 1: Oh no, word, not Hamilton. But we're only five thousand dollars more.
Speaker 2: I spent the most I spent for one week. We were close about eight thousand.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Man? Wow? Well she was Maggie was six, Colley John was eight, and I wanted to make We were deciding whether we were going to do new carpet and new carpet up the stairs and around the thing. And I said, well, they'll never remember if I get a new carpet, but they'll remember the trip to Dizzy. So I got the one that's in the contemporary that overlooks I said, I need a balcony that overlooks the castle because I wanted that.
Speaker 1: It sounds like that sounds so affordable, So I'm thinking I'll coddle Lodge.
Speaker 2: So I got it. Yeah, And she was six and it was the cutest thing ever. So even if we weren't in the park at the time, she could sit there and she would she sit there in a little pajamas in a robe, and she'd put her head on the balcony rail and she'd watched the fireworks over the castle and it he was very special.
Speaker 3: Does she remember it?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: I also I got to ask her.
Speaker 1: I got to ask her right on the air. See how she answers he's.
Speaker 2: Working working, She's got like she's in charge of like sixty kids where at a camp.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Getting back to the zebra, Ed the Zebra was captured in Tennessee. The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Ed the Zebra was finally apprehended in the community of Christina in a state of The Sheriff's office said Ed was airlifted to an animal trailer that awaited his return.
Speaker 2: That's a perfect name for that animal. If you watch the videos, watch the video of the of the zebra flying through the air and then in the landing where the truck was. It was funny. The couple that owns the zebra was it was revealed that the couple has over one hundred animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were wondering to know if they're going to charge charge and they said, well, it's not really a black and white area on the law.
Speaker 3: This is all just a teaser for the z Netflix show.
Speaker 2: What is this all? Stop? There's no Zebra King. You know you have me For a second, I went what again? Some people stopped watching The Tiger King because it was it started to get into animal abuse, which was the whole point of the thing. But people got lost in the characters in the show which were real people, but the the the chimpanzee one. If you don't watch it because it's awful. These people are crazy.
Speaker 1: And and do you think the tiger I don't think. Could be wrong, and usually I am. I don't think the Tiger King gets his legs without COVID because we're all stuck. Because for example, here's what it's all. That's here's a real world example. I never watched Survivor in my life, not one right, Okay, COVID happens. It's called we're locked down, and I go through Netflix. I see Survivor. I thought, what the hell has got a beach? So I sat there in our kitchen and watched Survivor. I wouldn't have done that without No, you're.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent right, Tiger King. Part of their success was it was COVID and we all needed something to watch. I think if that show comes out now, it's popular, but no way it takes over pop culture.
Speaker 3: First viral thing entertainment wise during COVID correctly was correct.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely one hundre percent correct. That is true.
Speaker 1: Well, you did a story similar to this. This, uh, this is Japan. Only Japan bars parents from giving kids stupid names.
Speaker 2: US a lot of countries doing this.
Speaker 1: I wish, I wish the US would.
Speaker 2: Move to they did. Did the story last week?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, but theos were like, you know, obvious ones like Adolf Hiller and Jesus and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Messiah, they Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: People just make up names, yes, and it's it's have a naming court, say, don't know, try Kevin or Mike.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, some of the babies that were being born in Japan were getting giving uh funny names like Pikachu Pudding or Prince. The others.
Speaker 3: Pikachu Pikachu Pudding sounded like a double name.
Speaker 1: Bik at you Pudding sounds like a porn star.
Speaker 2: The second the second the kid can change his name, he will or she will.
Speaker 1: Do you see that new adult movie with Pikachu Pudding.
Speaker 2: Extra hod baby?
Speaker 1: Uh? An American Airlines flight couldn't land in Italy. Here's what happened. They were too big for the runway. It seems like you would have fought that out before you planted your flight to UH.
Speaker 2: I know what that's like airport.
Speaker 1: Oh did you see old Zippich? Hey, Uncle Milty. Yes, I didn't do the story. But now that you bring it up, Yeah, did you see where some people are claiming that taking the Ozmpic shot another that is making their wiener larger.
Speaker 2: I did not see that story. I tooked my first shot about eight days ago. We haven't really talked about it, but it was. It's barely it. It's really kind of it's an amazing drug. For sure.
Speaker 1: It is optical illusion because your your legs will get skinnier and there you go. But anyway, get back to the air American Airlines. An American Airlines flight bound for Naples, Italy had to change its course and divert to Rome. The Bowling seven eighty seven was too big for the Naples airport to handle. Again, it seems like that's something that could have been brought up pre flight, the airline calling that operational limitations. They couldn't land the Bowling seven eighty seven, so they had to land safely in Rome. Passengers there got were instructed to get on a bus and take a two hour journey to their original I'd be I hate anyway.
Speaker 2: Really, I I hates just stopping in Dallas on his way to Mexico.
Speaker 1: Because the wheels fall off every time. Every single time without failure. In Dallas. Uh, the lady that hands out pretzels caught in sick. We'll just grab her own damn pretzels. What was it?
Speaker 5: You don't understand? FAA says you need at least two pretzel delivery monitors on each flight in case of a pretzel emergency.
Speaker 1: Can you show me in the eighth we're in this FAA book. I'll look under p for pretzels.
Speaker 5: Sir, back away before we call security. I'll give you one more warning, mister Whitman, it's Witten Witten. Mister Whitman settled down.
Speaker 2: They used to hand out peanuts, and obviously they couldn't do it anymore because so many kids peanuts.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes more sense.
Speaker 2: So they so many kids bats have peanut night. It's it's insane. My kid's school I learned that about twenty years ago. My kids are in cool and they had whole peanut free tables and I was like, I don't even remember one kid having a Peanuts analogy. When I was growing up. I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: You know who? I think it's all fake and it's just propaganda from Big cashw or Big Pretzel or big I think you just cracked the Are you Cagney or lazy? Because you just cracked that case.
Speaker 2: I've always felt myself as Lacey.
Speaker 1: I'm more of a Cagney because I'm fat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Grill Masters Supplied, Baby, Yeah, you want to get that Father's Day that he will never forget. And listen to this, mothers and wives. You want to get a Father's Day that you and the kids are going to benefit in a big way. I'm talking about a smoker. I'm talking about a grill. I'm talking about a grillell anything from a grill Master supply. And they even have a smokeless firepit. Listen to this. It's a smokeless firepit that you could turn in to a Santa Maria grill. They have everything and you and the kids you're gonna benefit from all of delicious food that you cook on it. Ninety five percent of everything that we cook I cook outdoors on my grill Masters supply. Smoker, You're gonna love grill Master's supply. They even have the Hogfather's clinics there we can learn to smoke or grill. Check about today. It's the perfect Father's Day gift. Grill master's supply.
Speaker 2: Aquallock, aquilluck.
Speaker 1: My friend, let me take away your read on.
Speaker 2: Dwight's looking for a new sub pump. So Jay is gonna get over there and try to measure and CVA subpump is working, Jay, everyone knows. Aquall loc eight A two nine six Oh. They really have done such a great job the last twenty years, family owned and operated. It is basement waterproofing, crawl space reconditioning. You ever seen your cross space? Mine is disgusting. I gotta have them come over there. The radon mitigation, mold removal, breeze ventilation systems, and sub pumps. Let's check him out. Aqua Lock eight A two O nine to six oh, or Louisville aqua Locke dot com back after this on news radio eight forty w h A s he's out right now, so that you're wasting this song.
Speaker 3: Oh man, please stop me.
Speaker 2: Please stop. Well he's while he's out of the room. Please stop playing this stuff. Please stop playing.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, buddy, you're it.
Speaker 2: Yeah my achilles, sure.
Speaker 1: Hang on if you're just tuning in my headphones on on yet my headphones?
Speaker 2: How cool is this? Ben Bruce Springsteen brings out Paul McCartney at Liverpool show. At the end of the show Springsteen and he does an amazing show. Does he still do three four hours?
Speaker 1: No, he does, he does about Uh he does write.
Speaker 2: At about two okay, but he used to do marathon shows.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I saw one show that was there was an intermiss. He used to do intermissions. Yeah, but I saw one go six hours one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's it's crazy to think that you're in the audience, you're seeing Springsteen, which is a treat anyway, because how long could he go? Even though he looks great, doesn't look as cool as he used to.
Speaker 3: His most recent set list, he did thirty songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't know how long of a show it is, but that seems pretty long.
Speaker 2: That's about two. Yeah, it's about to fifteen an hour, depending on how much he talks about how many times he talks about his parents.
Speaker 1: Say we started, that's probably about it, probably two and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. Uh So he brings out Paul McCartney at the end, come on like you were there. That's pretty huge.
Speaker 1: What did did Paul McCartney sing?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 1: Just come it was Liverpool to go.
Speaker 5: It's just good to see everybody, and this is a stage and I'm on the stage.
Speaker 1: Good did he did? He say two songs twist and shout, I bet no, can't buy me love, can't buy me love?
Speaker 2: What else it doesn't say?
Speaker 1: Oh, here's this whole coold kit boy little.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. Oh, come on man, the Beatles.
Speaker 1: Remember we were talking about tipping. I forgot how tipping's out of control. Remember what we were talking about that you said, Paul McCartney's reminded me. I was going to say this during that conversation, but somehow my mind forgot it.
Speaker 2: Huh, we broke it.
Speaker 1: I was buying a Beatles T shirt online, not in the store, an online store, and when I was checking out with buying this Beatles T shirt, it said, oh, would you like to support our staff by tipping twenty twenty five or thirty percent?
Speaker 4: You pay your people, not to pay your people so I don't have to, or put it on the price of the food, so I can make that decision where I want to buy it or not.
Speaker 2: I did that at this there was a there's a salad place where you make it as you go down the line. Oh yeah, salad like subway but it was salads. And at the end they you go, they switched the little iPad thingy around there, and you have choices of twenty twenty five or thirty percent. There's no fifteen option. And I was just like, you just made It's like fast food. It just you just made it the only thing I had. I'm not sitting down and you're serving me. Why am I paying twenty percent tip? If I'm sitting down, you're bringing me a drink and you're taking you're bringing me my food and you're picking up the food. You're doing the service. I'll tip you, but not if you're just making it.
Speaker 5: And I know this is crazy, sir, sir, First of all, subtled down. Second of all, you're acting like a fascist and a racist fascist. You're transphobic racist fastest here you go.
Speaker 2: It sounds more like I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: The other thing I hate worse than that is when you go to the grocery store whatever it might be, and you're ringing up and the grocery the non gender specific radio grocery person looks it says, okay, you're total. You got let's see it's grocery. You got a total of seven items here's your total is two hundred and eighty five dollars. Do you want to donate two dollars to blah blah blah? And I always say, well, no, I.
Speaker 2: Don't love that charity.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't want to. Don't donate two dollars, but feel free to take a percentage of all of this money I'm spending with your store, take a percentage of that and apply it towards blah blah blah. Right, charity.
Speaker 2: They take care a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big fan of them. Let me look him up, as a matter of fact, see exactly how much their money gets to the cost you.
Speaker 2: Know who's not. You don't have to tip lots of posta al right baby. They have paninis there. The chicken and proshutto chicken sandwich is one of my favorites. Again, these are the hot sandwiches, the spinach and feta, oh Man turkey and goat cheese, the ruben. The ruben is great. They also have the pepperoni panini. You gotta check these out. Those are just some of the sandwiches they have. Of course, they have the sub, the Italian sub. The Cuban is what I get a lot of times. The ham and cheese is great. The meatball sub because they use the sour dough bread they bake there every single day, so it's baked that day bread. They make the meatballs there, and they make the Marinera there. Also. Try to find out in any other deli and place in Louisville. You can't. It's only at Lots of Pasta Lotsapasta Louisville dot com to check it out. Or go to thirty seven seventeen Lexington Road in the heart of Saint Matthew's. Yes, I was waving that nice Jenibal. I thought you were saying on there.
Speaker 1: Was a nice guy. Just walk by the h window and wave dadis I waited him and he waited. Yeah. Back after this he looked like his name might be Charlie.
Speaker 2: That's not true news. Ready to wait forty whchs.
Speaker 1: The super tramp.
Speaker 3: It is super tramp.
Speaker 2: Ah good good here broh see that?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, I get the headphone.
Speaker 2: When I went to Frank Weaver's funeral, there were five hundred people there and I was one of two white people there. And I've never been to an authentic celebration at a funeral.
Speaker 3: Before.
Speaker 2: It was incredible. I wish I had brought my kids because they it's crazy. Bill Durroff was the other guy, but they would, you know that when he would do that. So during the sermon, So when when they when they would make an emphasis on Jesus or whatever, the guy at the piano would go, yeah, they would do that, Jesus is the Lord. It was so much fun were I went to, not that Frank was gone.
Speaker 1: But our buddy Dwayne Watkins rest is soul, you know. I went to his father's funeral. It was two hours long when I left. And as we're walking in, it was in July, like late late July or early August, when it's really hot. And of course I'm wearing a suit because I want to be respectful, and so we walk in the hand is these little fans, you know, the hand fans you wave. Yeah. I said, well, okay, I guess it's had her name on her his name on it. And so the air conditioning in the church was out, but they went long and strong for two hours. And two hours I said, I'm out so much I can do.
Speaker 2: They walked in with Frank in the casket and the pallbearers had him on his shoulders on their shoulders, so the shoulder was like this, and they danced in Unison with Frank on their shoulder.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. It was.
Speaker 2: It was pretty cool. I do want to say thank you to Dean Brauner for sending this letter out.
Speaker 1: Dean's a friend of the show. He's a big friend of the show.
Speaker 2: He said, he sent me a coin says the United States Navy and the other side is Saint Michaels. He says, look, we had it blessed at church. Please give this to John because he heard that John's going he's in the navy, so he said he could keep this coin. I carry it with him all over the world.
Speaker 1: And then he also Dean he else Dean brought it. Also sent me this nice box. I haven't en wrapped it yet, but it's ticking, so I'm only guessing it's a backup alarm clock. Hey, y'all want to find out a little ado, a little history.
Speaker 2: I like U history. He was reported all he was my favorite subject in school.
Speaker 1: John, you might be the quickst I just mentioned it, and you are. You got it right there.
Speaker 3: That's more of a whip. I don't know if that was the best sound effect.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: It was today June sixth, nineteen thirty five. William Wilson and doctor Robert Smith of Akron, Ohio found it Alcoholics Anonymous. Wow, this slogan one year thirty five. The slogan one day at a Time was also also conceived.
Speaker 2: That date, and that is the reason they called the TV show one Day at a Time.
Speaker 1: And thank god for Alcoholics Anonymous. It has saved a lot of Yes, it has friends and family members of the wit.
Speaker 2: And there's no true words. Then I got today, Yeah, I got today.
Speaker 1: That's it focusing on one day at a time. It was today, June June tenth, Thank you. Nineteen forty four, Joe Knuxall officially became the youngest Major League Baseball player when he took the field at the age of fifteen years old.
Speaker 2: Well, that was during the Second World War and so many of the professional baseball players went off and play and were fighting the war, so I assume they were just looking for people that could play. That's also when no no offense to this guy in his youngest And that's also.
Speaker 1: That's also when Madonna started her league.
Speaker 2: That's not no, that isn't based on a true story. A league of her own.
Speaker 1: Hadna Tom Hanks.
Speaker 2: So you know what, there were many Ted Williams, maybe one of the greatest hitters of all time. I bought his frozen head as an auction. He was a pilot. He flew missions in World War Two and then went back here. I'll go back to baseball when a wars.
Speaker 1: Or well, speaking of pilots, it was today in nineteen forty eight, the Chuck Yeger yes, exceeded the speed of sound and a bell XS number one.
Speaker 2: Yes, So those things dropped out of a B twenty five. So what it is? So instead of bombs, they rigged this thing to where it didn't take off, so it would it would they drop it out and then the jet engine would start. And they thought that if you if you broke the sound barrier, that the entire plane would fall apart right and blast open. So people think, oh, well, that's nothing. No, it was a huge deal. Chuck Yeger thought he was going to die, all right, So they didn't know. The night before he got drunk, fell off his horse and broke his ribs. Oh, so he got in and he couldn't he couldn't shut the canopy, so they'd cut off a broomstick so you could jam it in there because his ribs were broken. This is back when these guys were tough. Man shut the cockpit with it. He shut the canopy with a cut off broomstick. Wow. And then he broke the sound barrier, which is soon after that they kept breaking it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got, you got. You got stories like that, and then you got stories like Ronnie a Lot, Hey, your fingers, we're gonna need to do this to cut it off. What cut it off? Put me back of the game. And then now you got you're in my safe space. Please back up.
Speaker 2: And by the way, when they when he crossed the sound barrier, that you heard the boom. They thought he blew up. And then here he comes out of the sky. It's so American. It's so oh, I love it.
Speaker 1: How about that love that? It was also today June tenth, nineteen seventy two, Hank Aaron of the Atlanta Brais is tied with Gil Hodges of the Giants the National League record for most Grand Slam home runs in a career.
Speaker 2: He was good yo fourteen.
Speaker 1: The Braves beat the Phillies fifteen to three to make the celebration.
Speaker 2: He that poor guy. When he broke and he was getting close to breaking Babe Bruce record, he got so many death threats that it just became normal. Everyone says, hey, if you break the we're gonna kill you, and they use certain language that was awful. But he I'm going to assume he it's interesting. Sometimes he says it didn't bother me, and the other ones were remade. Itim miserable. That year was miserable.
Speaker 1: I remember having a Hank Aaron baseball g love and.
Speaker 2: Didn't he have a candy bar or something? No, it was Babe Ruth, Babe Ruth.
Speaker 1: Well, there's an old Henry which is old Henry.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably Hank Aaron. No, I bet you it is.
Speaker 1: Who was Cat named after that? One of the members of Cats?
Speaker 2: All right, what else you got?
Speaker 1: I didn't realize this until I pull the stories from this day in history. It was today June tenth, nineteen seventy seven, that James Earl Ray escaped with six others from Brushy Mountain State Prison. Yeah, in Tennessee. I didn't know the escape.
Speaker 2: He escaped and was captured in Paris.
Speaker 1: He was captured on June thirteenth, nineteen seventies in France. I doubt it because he was in France. It was three days later.
Speaker 2: He said something about a flagpole and underpants, and he wanted to find out the old saying, let's see your underpants. Whatever I see something I see France, I see underpants. No, I believe he was capt Thank you. Slow clap too slow claps. Okay, all right, that's it. I believe he was captured in Paris. Really, I told you history is my favorite subject.
Speaker 5: We we.
Speaker 2: Even though most of history's is that's not wrong.
Speaker 1: But we just talked about this, not on the air, but during commercial breaks, and then this popped up. I had pulled it. It was today. In nineteen eighty five, Herschel, Walker of the New York Generals broke the two thousand yard mark and rushing. That's that whole USFL.
Speaker 2: That's funny that they came up.
Speaker 1: But you and I were talking about this failed league, yes, and also the XFL during the commercials during the season as the Generals won over Jacksonville thirty one to twenty four.
Speaker 2: People don't realize John Elway. Yeah, USFL. Oh, Herschel Walker ESFL. All these guys started and it was only around for a season. Flippy pants Watson USFLH flippy pants Wilson, Dude, you got wrong. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Come on, dude, Oh stinky finger Watson, My bad.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: This feat had only been reached twice in the National Football NFL, once by O. J. Simpson and seventy three for two thousand and three yards and Eric Dickerson in nineteen eighty four for two thousand, one hundred and five.
Speaker 2: Yard yep, and then he went to the Dallas how about years No Minnesota Viking, no Dallas Cowboys, and then into the Vikings?
Speaker 1: Was USFL? Was that one year?
Speaker 2: Herschel Walker's story?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: One year?
Speaker 1: One year.
Speaker 2: A lot of people say that Donald Trump screwed all that up because the same Donald Trump you see today was who he was back.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, this is how we this is how we went down and got to talking on this. While we were in commercial break, I told my told Tony that said, the wife and I were looking for something. We want to see something where there's tons of seasons. Yeah, yeah, you know, so we just banged let it row. So last night we started watching the celebrity apprentice with Donald Trump, and you said, he's the exact same guy, same dude, the same guy that you see come out the White House lotster, The way he talks to these people, it's the same thing, same guy.
Speaker 2: Apparently the documentary USFL put it on t This is before he was president. He ran for president, so there wasn't politics involved. They said. Basically they were opinioning it on Donald that the league broke up. But Herschel have you ever seen the Herschel Walker story. He was a fat little kid and used to get beat up, really, so he started doing five hundred push ups and five hundred sit ups a day and then racing the train in front of his house. Every single day. As the trains went by, he would race the train and all he did was push ups and sit ups and became this this human beast of Herschel athletes.
Speaker 1: Herschel Walker legs.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, trying to tackle that dude.
Speaker 1: It was today, June tenth, two thousand and two. The first direct electronic communication experiment between the nervous system of two humans was carried out by Kevin Warwick in the United Kingdom.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 2: I thin moving in the next one, he.
Speaker 1: Let me scratch that after I already read it.
Speaker 2: We got about one minute TiO.
Speaker 1: It was also today, in two thousand and three, that the Spirit Rover was losched and became became NASAs Mars Exploration Rover Mission.
Speaker 2: Did he crash? Is that the one?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, that's the one that lasted ten years?
Speaker 1: And then finally today It was the worst ending of any series finale is today. In two thousand and seven, the Sopranos ended with the infamous cut to black ending.
Speaker 2: By the way, the rover were supposed to last just a couple of weeks. It ended up working so well it lasted for years, and then it finally powered down. Well, then all of a sudden a year later or months later, they thought they started getting signals from it. They're like, what's going on here? Is there aliens?
Speaker 1: Yes, we only logical explanation.
Speaker 2: Wind blew, wind blew the sand the dirt off the solar panels, and it started charging up again, and it charged up and it worked another year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We also you all those grabber sticks, Yeah, you know, we got one at the home. Yeah, because I'm too lazy to bend. Yeah, I call it the Mars rover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. Allen Electric sixty three six help is the number. Generac generators that powers your whole house. It runs off natural gas, so you just hook it up. You don't have to go get gas or pull the thing and have that working on the side of your house, and that those machines only work a couple of items in your house. This powers your whole house. The second your electricity goes down, generac generator fires up. You know who can install and work on those. Allen Electric six' three six help is the. Number if you need simple electrical work at the, house call that. NUMBER a lot of times you can get it same day. Service Allen electric six to three six help is the phone. Number it's been a good day on the. Radio we talked to a lot of subjects and it was a Typical tony And dwight, SHOW i would. Think and it's Only tuesday. Tomorrow we have a lot of guests including we're going to start talking about The catholic. Picnics Saint lawren's was last. WEEK i Think Saint lawrence is this. Week jody From Metro safe is going to bring us some fish sandwiches, dude are you ready for?
Speaker 3: That goshish AND i believe they have.
Speaker 2: Hushpuppies give me all the. Hushpuppies, yeah they have all. That so they're going to bring in that food because we're going to talk About catholic. Picnics dwight AND i used to do a tour of those when we were on The Later. Show what was the?
Speaker 3: Best what was the best? Picnic from your hat.
Speaker 2: Ut Saint bernard's was pretty darn. Good Saint lawrence is, good But bernards had like chef.
Speaker 3: Types that's WHERE i went to middle.
Speaker 2: SCHOOL i don't, KNOW i don't think we went to that. One so we went to a lot of. Them went To, lords went To Holy, trinity went To Saint, lawrence's went To Saint. BERNARD'S i love. It so if you want to get out to a summer, picnic you might want to do. That all, Right we'll see you. Later thank, You, johnny great job Today, Tomorrow john And paul And joe from The, news thanks for keeping up on. Everything the mayor had a press conference. Earlier that'll be in the news here at the top of the. Hour For Dwight Whitting I'm tony for. Now you have a great day news radio eight fort a wha