Speaker 1: On this fine Tuesday morn as everybody freaks out over what Debbie's doing. Debbie now already having some impacts on the Piedmont region. Current Vice president and presidential candidate Kamala Harris had a rally for Thursday, Yeah, for Thursday, and added the new VP selection whomever that may be it was supposed to attend. That has been rescheduled. I think they. I'll tell you, I'll look and see if they picked a date already, but that's been rescheduled. So you know, if you're super excited about that, that's not happening anymore. And I'm sure that other things will stack up as we draw closer. And it looks like that Thursday into Friday at the current speed, excuse me, current speed is what we're going to be looking at now. As far as the running mate, there's a couple. It's really like a couple, but maybe it isn't. And here's what I mean by that, Like, over the years, there's been some some fake outs which I would do. I'm not gonna be. I'm not gonna lie to you. I wouldn't. I would enjoy messing with the media, but that's just me and I'm a horrible person. And then I and then that decision to want to do that was reinvigorated as I was watching the Josh Shapiro stuff on on the Twitter this morning, So I don't know. Okay, So here's the deal. The rumor mills are it's the Pennsylvania governor and it's the Minnesota governor. And boy, oh boy, Tim Walls has always been a weird dude. Like I knew Tim Walls when I was still broadcasting in Minnesota. Obviously wasn't the governor at the time, Tim Poalenni was, and then the the trust fund kid of the Dayton Slash Marshall Fields family was then governor after he claimed he'd never do politics again because he's so hated being a senator. But that's another thing. Then we moved on to Tim Walls, and how do I say this? He didn't strike me as nutso as he obviously has ruled up there. And I got because I got a lot of Minnesota friends still like you would not believe what our governor's doing, Oh my gosh. And then I tell him what Cooper's doing, and then we chortle. So there's a couple, but there's a couple of things going on that point to those two. One is you had the you had the super the super duper black suv contingent up around walls. Are they moving him? Do they transport him? Josh Shapiro's the governor of Pennsylvania. The capital is Harrisburg. He is at a time when he'd normally be at the capitol, but he's back in was it mcgumber. It's a Philly suburb, but it's the really nice one where his home is. That's where he's you know, his actual home is. And of course the media is parked across the street, right, They got all the news vans there because they want to see the moment if, in fact he is that the contingent of Secret Service protection, which immediately installs starts hauling him around, and so oh in the mayor of Philly basically set at Shapiro, but also could be all part of the fake you don't know, don't know, Okay, So with that in mind, the media who's all parked there, they're not hiding, they're not in gilly suits, they're not using a satellite imagery or even a drone, right, they are, in fact, that is so nice. Sorry, somebody jacked with my my button bar thing. All right, well, we'll have to get to those here in the next segment until I can figure out what the heck's going on there. Yeah, so like they're not hiding, they know they're there. And the video that's going around is how the Shapiro did what he always does. He returned home to his home and right in his front driveway there's a new basketball hoop. It looks pretty new to me, and he and the Golden lab and some sort of doodle or something that's a rescue and his son are out there just shooting hoops like they always do. And the media is positively giddy that they've caught this organic moment of the Pennsylvania governor direct, you know, fifty yards from all of the media, just you know, getting his cute dogs out and shooting hoops with his kid. And isn't that normal compared to a guy who told his seven year old to shut up? And then of course it's being presented as organic. It called me cynecal and I don't know, maybe Shapiro does shoot hoops with his kid. They weren't able to produce any other video that I saw, and at that level. And yes, this even goes for Trump. I just roll my eyes as to whether any interaction with family is genuine, so I tend to I tend to ignore it. You know, did did Vance tell his seven year old to shut up? I believe that to be more organic than the governor of PA, who, during a time when the governor is normally in Harrisburg, felt like he so needed to come and pet his cute dogs and shoot hoops with his son across the street from the media versus somebody telling somebody asking a question, like you know in him telling a story that just seems so normal to most people. But again, this is my cynicism. I hate to offload it on you, but basically I'm not buying it because I'm a I'm a big fat jerk, I guess so. Uh AnyWho, So that's uh, that's where we're starting this morning, and I want to get this audio, but unfortunately I have to fix this next gen, which I may do with a hammer and a big one like I don't know, like a mini sledge or something. So let me do this. We'll take a break. And uh, also, we got to I better do a correction from yesterday, which unlike a lot in the media. I will do happy to do it. I want to make sure that you're getting the most accurate information. And it has to do with with the uh with the the Kamala audio we played you yesterday and if you don't remember it, it had this one about the bus and then the word salad. Okay, so we will get to that. I'm gonna handle this and we'll regroup in a few And it's here on the CaCO Day radio program. I complete complete my thought here about all things Democrat nominees. So we don't know which one of them it's going to be. It's interesting because the logical choice, the most logical choice, is Pennsylvania. Except and if you remember, we were here for the moment when CNN was doing the thing during early speculation where they were sitting around very normally talking about I don't think we did rossh. We didn't rip that audio. I'm almost sure we didn't. I think I explained it because it was going on literally in the middle of the show, but they were just sitting around and like, I don't know, two weeks ago and they're like, yeah, Josh Shapiro, Pennsylvania governor. And then one of the panelists is I you know he's Jewish. He said it more subtly than that, or he said it would create some additional complications, and then everyone just nodded their head like they understood, and it was clear what they were talking about is Josh Shapiro may not sell well to the you know, all the kids taking over Columbia University and all the others, which, by the way, they say they're going to do it again. We'll get to that story. It's the all.
Speaker 2: Important left wing death to America and the Jews.
Speaker 1: That's to America and the Jews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yah, yeah, they're part of the electorate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't feel that they'll be And I like how they're just like I've heard it say, they're like, well, there's equally the same amount of people on the right or don't like you. There's a lot of them. It's I'll tell you what it's. It's pretty wild to me how open a lot of people are. But it it's not mainstream, do you know what I mean. It's not treated as like CNN sitting there treating it going, oh yeah, well you got you know, you gotta carve out it. Isn't it interesting that in all of these countries, whether it's in Germany, whether it's up in Canada, whether it's in the u K. Right now, which is absolutely on fire, we're gonna have to I don't I didn't want to touch this story, but we have to get to what's going on because they're running around arresting people for Facebook crimes right now in the UK. And if you don't know what's set all that off, it's a really really tragic story. But also it all of these governments. Was it France too?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: They did a coalition in France? Didn't Macrona have to basically because of the way that they, you know, works from a parliamentary standpoint, the what you would see as the Democrats, I guess, had to go out and strike deals with the death to Hamas people, or at least their version of it in all these countries to maintain power and also do some really sketchy stuff about elections that had literally already taken place. But they've had to form these coalitions, and it's happened in all of these countries, France, Canada, UK for sure, Germany I believe it did. And I think what was it Italy, they were talking about it. I don't know if it's came to pass yet, and so it is inarguable that the left has moved further left unless they're going to ignore that and then when the next votes called, they won't have their little cabal anymore. You know. Up in Canada, it's even more nefarious because there is no set election date. So like because of the coalition that was formed and it's large enough with all of the far far left, Trudeau doesn't have to call for an election for a long time, and he's not going to until probably another year unless something comes up. There's a lot of strategy because they want the maximum amount of time for that pole there or whatever his I should probably learn to pronounce his name. Opposition dude. They want as long as possible so that they can scandal him. It's really wild, man. So when if you're Kamala Harris and you guys are looking at who you're going to pick, and you recognize that there's a whole swath of individuals that if you pick Josh Shapiro will be problematic, and you'll talk about it like it's normal on CNN. Don't try to compare that to you know, Aryan groups or whatever. It's just not the same because I promise you that the polling place up in Quarterlein and Idaho isn't exactly a hotspot or an election turner, probably not even in the state of Idaho. Plus, Kamala Harris's husband's Jewish and a big fan of babysitters, which, by the way, Ross did. If you think about this, Kamala Harris is Doug m. Hoff his first marriage. This is the story that came out. His first marriage dissolved because he knocked up his babysitter. You know that Joe Biden was the babysitter right for Joe and his first family, she was the baby, so you know they're very pro babysitter over on the side. But regardless, regardless, the biggest stumbling block, the biggest stumbling block, I think, and I think it's probably clear, is is Kamala Right. We played that audio yesterday, we had some thoughts. I'm gonna play it again for it and it's just a couple examples. Here she is on the tarmac right when there's the most recent Here she is on the tarmac when the or no, I'm sorry, the other one's more recent. Here she is on the tarmac early Friday morning talking about well, now I know what she's talking about, but here here is that audio, and people are like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: This is just an extraordinary testament to the importance of having a president who understands the power of diplomacy and understands the strength that rests in understanding the significance of diplomacy and strengthening alliances.
Speaker 1: This is an incredible day, Oh dear God. And then you know, in another and then there's another thing where she's talking about being unburdened by what has been And I didn't realize until yesterday she was talking about your money. How many of you were less burdened than you were twenty four hours ago with your retirement account. Doesn't it feel good to be less burdened? You not have to figure out how to spend it. You have to figure out what you know early retirement, right, you should consult a retirement expert. We have very fine retirement experts that advertise on this show, but you know, make sure they have that certification. There you go, there's my plug. So anyway, yeah, and people looking at that as just one of many examples, and then there's the really creepy bus comments, and she's in it. She's not trying to change mind. She's in a room with people that are firmly in her camp. So she's just talking about nonsense. Man.
Speaker 4: You know what also excites me? What I'm among the many things I'm excited about electric school buses.
Speaker 2: I love all drinks.
Speaker 1: School buses.
Speaker 4: I just love them for so many reasons. Maybe because I went to school on.
Speaker 2: A school bus.
Speaker 1: Raise your hand if.
Speaker 2: You went to school on a school bus.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? And then the dude at the end who's given the choco choco chip reaction like when Biden's doing his thing. Now ros your theory is she's drunk, right, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to know, Well, it was drunk or just stupid?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll be either or or you know, wait, hold on, hold on, I got a third one for you from The Atlantic. Kamala Harris's viral moments are fun to watch because they show a serious person having well fun. She hasn't just reset the presidential election. Her oddball quirks and charms matched the cultural moment, so did you can know?
Speaker 2: It feels more like the joker, but oddball, the joker, oddball, right, Charmie. I saw a video somewhere poster where it was like, you know, the Joker, right before he blows up the hospital, and it was Kamala walking out to one for buses during last campaign and she's just laughing at nothing.
Speaker 1: Was she in the middle of the street with a button that didn't work, had a just saying just saying, yeah, that is kind of a an off putting scene. Unless you're the Atlantic, then it's uh, then it's a quirk.
Speaker 2: No, No, she laughs at like nothing all the time. That's like and once you see it, you can never unsee it, Like she just laugh on charms.
Speaker 1: You're gonna see a lot of the same stuff that you saw during twenty sixteen, twenty twenty, anything that's tried and true, whether it's the Shapiro thing where you know, get like these uh his leftists on they're like, look at it. It's just a regular guy gets the gets the golden lab out plays the ball with his kid right across the street for the media and not in the backyard where he could totally do it. But yeah, yeah, no, that's totally organic. Let's spread that around or and then we'll go, oh, look at that, and I bet Trump never plays ball with his kid, even though like a week ago they did that. You know, when Trump was in the cart following the well, there's more a week ago. But when he's in the golf cart after and you know, you see a lot of these videos come out where he's playing at one of his clubs, Other golfers see him, he tends to talk to him. The person in the golf cart playing golf with him is his son, Baron. You could clearly see him. So I don't maybe golf doesn't count as playing playing ball with your kid and there's no golden labs around. Do you remember the do you remember the month long freak out over the fact that Donald Trump didn't have dogs? I remember that. Remember that in twenty sixteen, they're like, could you vote for a minute, he doesn't have pets, and then they ramped up to where like he murders pets every morning when he gets up. Well, another one is you have to you have to let everyone who's freaking out and has TDS right now. You got to let them know that they're not alone. You're not alone. And adds how everyone else feels. So The New York Times was back at the well with the uh the moonbat preppers, which are my favorite, by the way, right, I don't remember. I wish there was some video audio I could play, but it's written here. I'm sure there will be. And if you don't remember what this is, twenty sixteen, Trump's about the time he secured the nomination. They were doing stories where they were interviewing like, you know, mystic crystal moonbats who live out in the woods for artistic purposes, who all of a sudden decided they got to prepare for the end of the world, right because day one Trump's hitting that button and global thermal nuclear war breaks out. And I always love these for two reasons. One the abhorrence by the individuals who are doing the prepping of firearms, which is great, and I can take inventory, by the way, if you're one of these moonbats in and around my neighborhood where there's a lot of them. Like local elections, ain't nobody I ever voting for. We're gonna win. But if you guys feel the necessity two prep and you won, don't change your mind on the Second Amendment, that's fine, you know, as principal position. Even if I disagree with it, that's fine too. I like the chili mac mrs. The there's a jalapeno burder thing, which is you get that and then you just kind of break it up. That's pretty good. Ross you have any requests for MREs from moonbats who don't like guns, because that's how that's gonna work. Have you ever eaten MRIs? You've had an opportunity to dine on some of those meals ready to eat?
Speaker 2: I have had one?
Speaker 1: Yes, Uh, what was you remember? Cheez tortalini? That one's pretty good. I don't know. We used to have a lot of MREs for like hunting camps, so I've eaten a lot of these damn things. So yeah, if you're one of my crazy neighbors who abhors guns and but you feel like you have to prep because Trump might be president again, uh, that would be good. A stair away from any of the seafood. There's a tuna one that's not good. I'm just making recommendations. This is not self serving at all. So you know there's a pro you know there was somebody who makes their own You can seal food really good if you know what you're doing. It's pretty crazy watching some of the people that do it all on their own because I know me and I just I would have trust issues with that, but ironically I would trust you know, the company making it for the military, which I don't know. Government's government, right, But like you can pretty much do that with like feasibly ross if you got good at it, you could make your own MRIs of nothing but olive garden stuff. That would be amazing, right, just the nukes are flying, you're in the doomsday shelter with the fam and chicken Alfredo. Again, absolutely, what are we doing here? So but I don't have the skill set for that, but some of you do, so that's good. Let's see. Yeah, stick with the beef and chicken. Stay away from lemon pepper tuna if you could, that'd be great. Thank you very much for that. All right, let's go in to this. Now, why would I think that maybe there's a possibility, not because Trump's coming in, but because of listening to Jamie Raskin. Now you know, Jamie Raskin obviously is a feckless member of Congress. You can usually spot him in hearings because he's he had a cancer diagnosis, so he where's like a do rag. It's very easy to spot. I'm not going to hack on the guy for that. I am going to hack on him for being a complete and utter lunatic and telling people this which I'm about to play for you at the same time that everyone's mad at Elon Musk because he was talking about, Hey, you know what, man, Yeah, civil war is going to be inevitable if you don't stop this. And look, Oh my gosh, can you believe you said that? Can you believe you said that? Here's what Jamie Raskin said. Are you ready? I hope you're sitting down. This will make you upset.
Speaker 3: What can be put into the Constitution can slip away from you very quickly. And the greatest example going on right now before our very eyes is Section three of the fourteenth Amendment, which they're just disappearing with the maud as if it doesn't exist, even though it could not be clearer what it's stating, and so you know, they want to kick it to Congress. So it's going to be up to us on January sixth, twenty twenty five, to tell the rampaging Trump mobs that he's disqualified, and then we need bodyguards for everybody in civil war conditions, all because the nine justices, not all of them, but these justices who have not many cases to look at every year, not that much work to do a huge staff, great protection, simply do not want to do their job and interpret what the great fourteenth Amendment means.
Speaker 1: All right, before I tell you what that is, ross, how do you think that would go? It's inauguration day. Trump's get ready to do the walk and Jamie Raskin and his fellow Democrats are standing by with personal bodyguards and they refuse to let him take the oath of office. How do you think that pans out? On that?
Speaker 2: Violence?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: You think violence? Maybe two factions who have already coalesced, because there's going to be a lot of Trump supporters there in Washington, d C. Obviously if it would be an their inauguration day for him, Yeah, I think that ends horribly and for all the people that are hacking on Elon Musk. And I mean this seriously. I think if you want to kick off a maybe not a civil war on par with what we've had, but an absolute pandemonium, it would be it would help to disintegrate in the same way, by the way, in the same way, by the way that when they were talking about Trump refusing to leave and then getting the military out there and doing all that stuff, that too would have kicked off pandemonium. But there were no indications he was going to do that other than to try to utilize many of the same tricks and tactics that Democrats have used over the years, which when they weren't working, he took his ball and went home. But if Jamie Raskin and Democrats do want to play it again for you to listen to their plan, if they were to do this in Washington, d C. I would be fearful with what would happen, because now you've got to figure out where alliances lie, who's technically in charge of the military to give orders to do things that violate pass Cooma tatis which I can never pronounce, but you know, basically the utilization of our military on US soil more so than just national guards, because they, you know, essentially might be controlled by individual governors, which turns into a whole messy thing. I couldn't think of something that would be more profoundly able to kick off an extensive period of violence, and it would put shame to the summer of peaceful, mostly peaceful protests, and the way he talks about the way everyone laughs, let me army with what the fourteenth Amendment, third section says. No person should be a senator or representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office civil or military under the US or any other state, who has previously taken an oath as member of Congress, or as an officer of the US, or as a member of any state legislature, or any executive or judicial office of any state, to support the Constitution of the US, but shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same. So this is the insurrection thing, which has been roundly rejected by various courts, including the Supreme Court. And they're back at this, well you know that, well it was an insurrection there because look at that, like two of the people had quasi insurrection charges. Yeah, yeah, yeah. They also had a bunch of charges that were just ruled illegal by the Supreme Court. So, you know, deciding that if you're Jamie, ask you that this is so cut and dry, you're literally willing to surround yourself with armed militia, even if the militia happens to be sworn members of our military, to stop the peaceful transfer of power. Who's protecting democracy here? So now that you know what it is, listen to this again and tell me how you think this works out.
Speaker 3: What can be put into the constitution can slip away from you very quickly. And the greatest example going on right now before our very eyes is section three of the fourteenth Amendment, which they're just disappearing with a magic wand as if it doesn't exist, even though it could not be clearer what it's.
Speaker 1: And I want to be clear, he's talking about doing an insurrection much more than Trump, who again tweeted out, you know, do things peacefully, regardless of what you think he did say, there's a timeline there. And Trump wasn't down there in the Capitol with anybody. He didn't try to seize power there, Jamie would Ammi Raskin is talking about literally is an insurrection.
Speaker 3: Stating and so you know they want to kick it to Congress. So it's going to be up to us on January sixth, twenty twenty five, to tell the rampaging Trump mobs that he's disqualified, and then we need bodyguards for everybody in civil war conditions, all because the nine justices, not all of them, but these justices who have not many cases to look at every year, not that much work to do, a huge staff, great protection, simply do not want to do their job and interpret what the great fourteenth Amendment means.
Speaker 1: I'm not being dramatic here. That's one of the most terrifying things I've ever heard a member of Congress say. I'm not being dramatic here. And maybe there's some other examples, but that's a roadmap for something that Raskin thinks is perfectly logical. Now do I think that he could get enough Democrat I don't, but I don't know. I would like to think that Jamie Raskin, who has a history of just saying random stuff, and they're trying to play it off like it was a thought exercise. No, you just painted a roadmap for what you think you can do. And when he talks about kicking it to Congress, what he's talking about is Supreme Court saying this is not what the Fourteenth Amendment says. You're insane. But if you want it to say that there is a process that you Congress and then the states can go through to change the Constitution to say basically whatever you want within reason. There are some ways, there are some things you can but you can't do it through just having you know, a majority vote plus one. You have to go through the amendment process, which, as you know, is such an arduous process. I don't know that we could ever do an amendment in this country. Again, which some people point as is saying the system is broken, But Jamie Raskin was talking clearly about no, no, no, no, no, we'll barricade ourselves in. What is he going to do, which is that's buy and mar right now, that's a Burma baby. That's wild, that's dangerous, and it is far scarier than anything that Elon Musk Is or Trump has ever said. The only reason it's not as scary as it could be is Jamie Raskin is but a lone member of Congress. And if that was a Republican, I would assure you that the media would be out asking every single other Republican if they agree with Jamie Raskin, and I bet they're not asking a single Democrat, which is weird. Our word of the month. Weird anyway, six forty nine hang on very same stories that we see every time a hurricane gets nearby continue to permeate. In fact, if you lost your one hundred million worth of cocaine, it has now washed up on the beaches of Florida, so you lost sight of you of your blow. They have found it. I have to assume, because we do this story every time there is a hurricane. Right, there's some beach in Florida, and generally you can kind of predict where roughly that gets just absolutely littered with piles of cocaine. In this case, it was the Florida Keys. As the storm you know, obviously was doing the Gulf Coast thing, so that was closest to where it was pushing it out. Yeah, but I guess you lost that. Go claim it at in the Florida Keys. I'm sure they'll hand it right over to you to show ID I have to assume there's crackheads just waiting near the beach. It's Florida. Man. Is that too cynical of me? Because I know that every time this happens, the cocaine washes up. And I was when I was in DC doing the broadcast. We interviewed Tom Holman. He had some dudes from like Border Patrol and whatnot who was still friends with. They were walking around and I remember it was off the air. We're having a conversation, and I understood that the dudes, uh, he was down in Miami. He was head of the Miami office where I can't remember his name, but whatever, And I had to ask, I'm like, how come, Like how much blow are you guys?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How much is hitting the beaches on the regular that one of he goes by? And why is that? Because I think a million dollars worth of cocaine If I'm the you know, the cartel, I'm not happy about that. So why does it keep happening? And he was explaining kind of intricate detail because they partner with Coastguard for like an interdiction unit. Like there's buoy's of cocaine just floating around it. There's so much of it. I mean, you know, I'm not going to give you the number, but it's a lot. It's a lot lot, And I don't remember if it's one hundred percent accurate, but I think it is one hundred percent accurate. In the millions, did floating around, and they like they essentially mimic like diving markers, crab booies whatever, and then they sink the cocaine with weight and then they come along with the buoy, so they you know that one guy will get it halfway there and then they'll you know, they'll be out in uh in international waters wherever, right on the edge of it, and then somebody, I guess in the Miami Vice speedboat comes by and grabs it. But when the hurricanes coming and you got to floating around out there, it's you can break away from its tether and find its way to the beaches. Twenty five packages seventy pounds. That's what a million dollars will get you right now. And what's crazy is they logo this stuff too, so they immediately know whose cocaine it is. They just can't really do anything unless they want to, I don't know, fly to wherever this cartel is, uh drug the leader and then bring him to a breakfast join in El Paso kind of like got done with that dude, El Mayo. He just wakes up in the US, got some uh, let's some scrambled eggs in front of them. They are you it's the cartel leader. I guess we're taking you into custody. But that was just the little dream we formulated on the show. Here, I'd like to celebrate if I could, the worst people in the world, and that is the bots and activists. You need to understand that there are swath leaders or leaders of swaths of individuals who literally go on and stir crap on social media within the world of politics. And I think you understand that. And what you hope is you have a few people and then organically supporters start picking it up. And that's generally how it works, right. You just need to get a few in there to stir it and start the narrative, like, hey, here's the talking points, and then people who are you know, terminally online, we'll pick it up and run with it. And if you remember when we were talking about and I posted something that ended up getting quite a bit of engagement on the on the old Twitter, and it was about the predictive search algorithms right where you go any type attempted assassination of and then it wouldn't it wouldn't give you Trump. And the talking points were for a bunch of a bunch of trolls to run around and go, we'll just hit enter loser and then it's there. Although ironically that was thrown out the window when people were searching for Trump hitting enter and then it gave them common results last week. And also, you don't understand how algorithms work. And I had people that you know, where I tried to engage and it's just not worth it because you just point out, You're like, look, shouldn't predictive analysis, which is something that was created to make it quicker to search, shouldn't that provide you using Okham's razor ramone whatever, I don't need to get corrected this morning. Okham's raisor ramone. Using that, shouldn't it go?
Speaker 3: All? Right?
Speaker 1: Is it more likely that people are talking about the astemp the attempted assassination of Trump two weeks from the incident, or the attempted assassination of Andrew Jackson, who was the first president with an attempted assassination, And like, people with a straight face are like, no, no, you don't understand how algorithms work. And I'm I think I do. I think I do. That would be the most useful. Now, if you want to go with the conspiracy that is with it is it was. It is in the best interest of Google to make your search process slower because it can serve you more ads. I'll get on board that. Basically, they's got their handslap for being a monopoly kind of. One judge did the other one's like, no, nothing to see here. So everyone ran around all these little trolls on the Internet and they're just like and and and they were just proving completely wrong and if you if you presented them with it, they would just laugh. And that's the level of discourse that we haven't politics now, and it is the least useful discourse because there's no intellectual honesty there. Straight up, if you make an argument, you're not being an a hole about it. I'll listen to it. Convince me, convince me otherwise. And I have absolutely been convinced on stuff. I've been convinced on stuff, And even if it's not one hundred percent. The death penalty is a good example. A friend of mine who was convinced by a lawyer friend of his kind of explained it. And it does give me pause. Not all times. I still want to shoot the nine to eleven mastermind out of a cannon until he is what was the term ross super dead? Super dead?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: We want to go a super dead for Khalid Shaik Muhammad. I don't know what that is, but I'm here for it. But also when you get into the standard, you know, death penalty trials, I think it's a strong argument to point out that it's the totality of everything that the government can throw at you versus you and either you're appointed attorney or whatever you able to muster as a private citizen doesn't mean he did it or didn't do it. It just means that that's very David and Goliath. And we've especially when you see the corruption that people are willing to do in the furtherance of justice, whether it's all the Trump trials, the Jay sixth stuff, which again I'm not opposed to you prosecuting people who are assaulting police officers and sticking it to him because I think you've crossed the line with physical violence. But when you're when you're throwing a grandmother for praying in front of an abortion clinic in jail for a half decade or whatever whatever it was she was facing a decade, I have to ask myself, is this political so like, now I have a much more nuanced thought on it. That's how this is supposed to work. But that, of course is not how it works. Now, how do I know? They're completely full of crap? Even though I knew the moment that they were posting all this stuff. Hell, would you look at that? Google told House Republicans that various bugs prevented information about Donald Trump from auto completing when users tried to search for information about the assassination attempt. So Google's own people, Google has said that exactly what people said was happening was happening, and that it was wrong. Now is it a random bug? Didn't Mark Zuckerberg just fess up to the seventh? It was the photo, that's right. There was a glitch that kept the photo of Trump, you know, that iconic photo with his fist in the air, of being able to be shared on Facebook. Just dio whoopsie, And I'll say it so you don't have to. It's so weird how all these errors go in this one direction. And I think you get a little semblance of it when you realized. You remember when Elon was first in Twitter and he was looking over the code and they're like, you have no idea what's in here. There could be stuff buried in here so deep that until it manifests and we're able to target it, you just can't even you can't even purge it. And and you know, they've made a lot of progress over over the time that he's owned it, but you know, you get one mift TDS suffering code er, you know, eight years ago, screwing with the algorithm, and and that's kind of stuff that'll be in there. And they'll never admit that because it would show that they don't have control over their own product. But they will say it was a whoopsie. Well, yeah, I always had a glitch, man, I just had a glitch. And again, the glitches all seem to go in this, uh one direction, which tells me you got you got rogue employees. You've always had rogue employs, and now people are just calling you out on your garbage. So yes to all of you trolls on the internet, even though you don't care. Uh they're the everyone was right and Google admits it. Uh Now the specifically, here's what they say the glitches. The company said that they have built in protections around political violence. So because somebody shot Trump. That's political violence, and we can't have it out there. Here's the thing that is such a foreseeable thing. If you're sitting in a meeting at Google, and you know, you get the brain trust there, and I'm not even a coder, right, but I can project and prognosticate things. I do it every day, you know, with Raskin's cut and other stuff. It's part that analysis is part of what we do. I would have sat there and raised my hands, all right. So anybody who does something to a politician violence, commits violence against a politician. We're not going to allow that stuff to populate searches. What if somebody assassinates president? That's the logical question. And then they would tell you, well, no, that's not what we mean. Well, apparently it is. And also, I don't believe you because the Nancy Pelosi hammer story was everywhere. It was easily searchable, easily searchable. J six stories about people and members of Congress fearing for their lives were everywhere. You're telling me that this glitch didn't catch any of those, but you know, globbed on to the Trump story. I don't believe you. I think that I'm I think that you have employees that screw with your stuff because they think they can, and why wouldn't they think they can? And hell yeah, maybe even you know, not rogue employees as much as people in management positions, going wink wink, not done. Now that's I can't prove that, but you asked you tell me what's more likely bunch of supposedly really smart people who were unable to think that one day somebody might actually assassinate another president, which has happened multiple times in this country. Right We've had four presidents killed or they just forgot to say it, or that somebody is doing things that they probably think they can do right because they have to. In the same way that those trolls rolled in with absolutely disingenuous talking points going, you don't understand how algorithms work, and you don't have to understand a bit of coding to think that a more useful product is one that does what you wanted to do versus one that does all the other things. How frustrated have you been trying to search something on Google's probably once a week where I'm just insane, Like, we think of a story and it's usually a story that's not going to be positive for whatever the current you know, liberal talking points are, and I'm like, didn't we have this thing that happened? And then I'll you know, I'll throw it out there. I'll throw it out there, and you know, the ross will be like Ross, didn't we talk about this thing? And other than ross and I not being able to remember exactly when it happened because I'll think something was three months ago and it's three years ago. It's crazy. I'll start searching for because I want to get the details, and it could be incredibly hard to find things that were I remember there being big stories and it's like, how does that stuff get memory hold within a supposedly unlimited storage, right that is the Internet? It is it is essentially unlimited nothing. That's why they say, you know, once it's on the Internet, there's nothing you can do. You did your only fans for six months, and now every time you get a job, people google your name and it's you know that, it's almost it's almost impossible to wipe. And yet you know, big stories will just find themselves unsearchable. So look, there's there's bigger issues. But yeah, I did understand algorithms. I think they're lying about what exactly happened. But I would point out it all goes in the same direction each and every time, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four, And that is that extends to AI. So you want more, you want more, absolutely political prosecutions and or people going after various entities Elon musk Ai Grock is now the target of state's attorney generals or however you say that a bunch of Democrats. Now I noticed Josh Stein need to sign onto this. Not yet, I'm actually surprised. But ultimately they're saying that Groc's out there giving misinformation for the election. I'm sorry, have you tried the other AI that Don't get me wrong, I've seen examples of GROC that is clearly not clearly not giving accurate information. It should be abundantly clear to anybody that AI is not a reliable source at the moment. It might be a starting point, but it's not a reliable single source for things. You have to go figure out what instructed that AI. So if an AI is instructed by what it sees permeating, like if Google's AI is instructed by what permeates with predictive search results, I'm not saying that it is, but if that's the sourcing it's using, then it's going to be wrong. The head of the Democrat Party up in Wisconsin was giving false information about Wisconsin's voting laws and GROC. One of the things that screwed up was the replacing somebody on a ballot and the dates that were necessary. And it was clear that it had sourced statements by the head of the Wisconsin Democratic Party who had given erroneous information and social media posts. Well, that makes sense. If you're AI, You're like, who should I ask? And I should ask somebody who's in political power in this particular state. They probably know you. Glad you grab that information and represent it. But you'll notice that these attorney generals for these states are not asking for a review or apology or a process of the other ais, which, if you remember, we're making female black Asian Nazis right and then giving erroneous information about stuff, all sorts of stuff like Donald Trump wasn't nobody tried to kill him, nothing happened. Re collapsed on stage, had a medical issue that still to this day is something that you'll get that is erroneous information. And according to the state's attorney generals. The only way to go ahead and solve the problem. Are you ready for this is to fix AI so that it will only when it comes to information about elections. All the AI will do, rather than trying to provide it is direct you to a website that's controlled by Democrats. It's absolutely wild. They say it's a nonpartisan. It's clearly not Go look at it. Go look at it, because if they can't control the information, that's a problem. If they can shame the AI people into saying, well, no, if you want any information about that, you have to go to this website, then they control the single source of information right there, and that's what they're trying to do. All of these defenders of democracy, along with Jamie Raskin, which yes, is searchable and does seem to me to be I don't know. In support of political violence is immediately searchable, but I don't know if Google fixed it, so I don't I don't know. And if you don't know what Jamie Raskin said, hell, I'm gonna play it one more time for you.
Speaker 3: What can be put into the constitution.
Speaker 1: This is a congressman has to do with the do rag because he had the cancer, so he's easy. I just want this is a visual thing. I'm not hacking on the dude for cancer, but I just you know who this lunatic is.
Speaker 3: What can be put into the Constitution can slip away from you very quickly. And the greatest example going on right now before our very eyes is section three of the fourteenth Amendment, which is insurrection disappearing with a magic wand as if it doesn't exist, even though it could not be clearer what it's stating. And so you know, they want to kick it to Congress. So it's going to be up to us on January sixth, twenty twenty five to tell the rampaging Trump mobs that he's disqualified and then we need bodyguards for everybody in civil war conditions, all because the nine justices, not all of them, but these justices who have not made right.
Speaker 1: That's the important part. So he just said, look, if we can't get the Supreme Court to do what we want, I think even though they and other justice and judges all around him. So that's not what insurrection means. And by the way, he didn't do that. He's like, well, we're on inauguration day, with all Trump supporters in town, somebody's gonna have to stand in front go Nope, we're not swearing your dude in. I don't know what statement can lead to more political violence than that, and maybe that's what they want, so they can just put down all of the MAGA stuff violently. Anyway, we'll be back. Shockingly, it's coming from WRIL. Now this is this is an opinion piece and it's not from WRL. Instead, it's from a UNC Chapel Hills School of Information and Library Science professor and author Tresi McMillan cotton um done. And then it's an em at the end. Okay, excuse me. It's a doozy and I feel like some of you are not going to agree, but that's why we'll have this discussion. And also it's a hell of an argument she's making entitled why I love the DMV and you should too. Really, okay, what is it? Is it? The do you know someone who works there and you're like, that's a good person, and look, the DMV is just it's another unit of government. Arguably it's one of the most front facing units, right It's it's one of the few where you go and interact on You know, a lot of people will never interact with, you know, in the first person, with their government. They'll never go to a council meeting. And you know, I want to opine on something, but when it comes to you know, when it comes to I guess car stuff, whether it's a DMV, the plate outlets or yeah, that kind of stuff. It's inevitable. Even you know, your your property taxes, with your how short of a city inspector coming out because you did some work, you know, that stuff, it's all at arm's length. But the DMV, man, that's something you're up in. So I'm gonna read this, but I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you what is is obvious to me is the argument here, and that's what makes this so insane. All right, So here we go. This is from the from the article. It says you may disagree with me on a visceral level, you would not be alone. It is chic to roll your eyes at the DMV to express exaggerated condolences when people say they have to renew their driver's license. Didn't I just did this with Ross because you were like, what were we talking about? If you have a DMV thing. You had to do something like that, right, And I think when you told me, I was immediately like, I'm sorry, bro, sorry, you have to deal with that. That's our normal reaction to stuff. Why because it sucks. It's the experience sucks. The having to get there and show up at the DMV like you're waiting to buy Taylor Swift tickets and you know, bring your bring your little lounge chair. Have you have you been to a d m V office or have you driven by one prior to it opening? People are lined up, especially in the uh you know, in the in the in the bigger cities, they're lined up there because that's their day and they have to do something that should take them five friggin seconds. Now, some of it you can do online, but eventually you get to hit a number where you got to go in. I think this is I think I'm the I can renew. I have one more renewal and then I have to do it in person, and I hate every moment of that. And I already have a real idea. I have a passport, so like I could give two craps about you get the get the real idea with North Carolina don't care. I have a passport, I'll just use that and then next time it rolls around, I guess I'll get it. But I'm not. I'm not. I'm not champion at the bit to get in there man. Anyway, I digress. Even with more, even more than other government services, the d m V is character arise as a bureaucratic black hole with long lines, surly clerks, inefficiencies. Yes, because again it's one of the few ones where most people are going to have to interact on a first person basis with the government, so it can be very frustrated. And the North Carolina DMV is a healthscape all its own. Remember under this administration, under the Cooper administration, the previous director of the DMV damn near or with the dot excuse me, bankrupted for all practical purposes. The branch of government look it up, never really and there was never really an account there other than yeah, we swapped out some management, we did some other things. They squandered all of your DOT dollars, that half the projects that had to grind into a halt. The whole thing was an absolute crap show man. So it makes sense that the DMV was never able to expand to accommodate the fact that we have how many people still moving to the state of North Carolina every day? Red dumpster fire. I shared this story yesterday online, and I had people in towns like Lillington right, not hacking on Lillington for being Lillington, but there's not that many people there are compared to you know, Wake County. One of our listeners showed up right with his with his tailgate chair, and his whole day ruined. Only to have ten minutes after the supposed opening time, when everyone's outfront's going what the hell's going on? To have a sign hung up that said, sorry, we'll be closed today. This was ape. This was let me check the date. This is recent, by the ways. He posted a picture of the signs, so unless it's photoshopped, which I don't believe it is, this is fairly recent. And others opining that this happened to them too. Sorry, I don't know why, I just closed the damn thing. Here we go, dude to staff shortages at the DMV office in Lillington, will be closed today. This was yesterday, and they took a picture here obviously the sign which they had to put up ten minutes after it was supposed to open. What the hell's going on? What the hell's going on? And then others have said that office in Cernersville did the same thing. So tryad triangle or points between. It doesn't matter. This picture looks like the one from Cernersville where I spent three hours waiting for my son only to find out that they ran out of time. How many of you have gone in We had another listener. She said that she went in there and sat it out and then realized that we were getting to the end of the day and she's like twenty second from still getting in there. So what the hell is this college professor talking about? What could she possibly think is so awesome about the DMV that she wrote this communism? Sorry? That'sok. An abrupt turn, isn't it? Communism? I hate? I'm going to go back to reading this.
Speaker 2: I hate.
Speaker 1: Although she did say that they had heard DMV in Chapel Hill, I guess that they have the Zootopia picture of the sloth as a DMV worker, which strangely I think we talked about on the air here just very recently. But all right, so she says, we are living in one of the most unequal periods of modern history. The gulf between the wealthy and everyone else is so wide that you'd need a private jet to cross it. Wealthy interests have an outsized influence on our politics. Whenever you see a radically unfit candidate running for office, you can usually find a wealthy donor what a rich argument to be making right now with Captain Chuckles there in the middle. Instead of fighting for equity, there's that word that's not equality. People who are not quite wealthy but not really poor compete with one another on razor thin margins, and then of course it's all about not being associated with, you know, the pores. The stratification is everywhere. Fast passes on toll roads, exclusive access at amusement parks, upgrades on Uber and Uber eats. The DMV is so hated because it doesn't make status distinctions. You can't pay to separate yourself from the masses. Everyone has to search the same cumbersome website. You have to compete for an appointment or show up early, whether you have a high net worth or a negative bank balance. This is communism what she's talking about here, and I'm not being overly dramatic. This is. This is in the minds of many leftists, this is communism perfected. Sure it sucks, but it sucks for all of this, which of course isn't the case. I promise you there are people who are able to fast track certain things within the DMV, and you couldn't tell me otherwise. Do I think the governor who has it when they have to renew their life since goes insists of the DMV. I don't believe that for a moment unless they do it for a photo op and they roll them in and roll them out because they're sure as hellm not sitting there for four hours waiting. It's wild man that anyone would write this. And then the reasoning being that, well that's because it doesn't matter how much money you have, it sucks for everybody. Well, crap, isn't that a problem? You're making this argument because you think it proves some point about it. If we had total equity, you know, America could be a better place. But the example you're using is the thing people hate the most about government interactions. Is the worst piece of supportive evidence I've ever heard in an argument.
Speaker 2: You could privatize it and make it a lot better experience for sure. Yes, I don't care what you are. You take the general manager of Walmart there in Wig four or Target or whatever, and you have them like you know, you now have to be in charge of the DMV and figure this out. Guarantee you they can do better job than what we have right now.
Speaker 1: The process is broken and for this woman goes, but it's broken for everybody equally. What a stupid argument. You're a professor? How am I so much smarter than all the not all of them, but some of the professors over there, Because I would have told you this is the worst example to make your point, because all you're saying is because this is what is promised with when people start talking about getting communism right, this is what's promised right. No distinction of social classes from each according to their ability to each according to their needs. That kind of garbage, and which by the way, is a quote of you know, arguably the biggest proponents of communism that also killed you know, tens of millions of their countrymen. This isn't good. What you need to do is you need to take something that people like and then show that, regardless of your socioeconomic status, you can achieve this, But you went with the DMV to go, Hey, communism achieved and that's a good thing. Absolute lunacy a speaking.
Speaker 2: Not only is it understaffed that it does all work, it also does a horrible job of what it's supposed to do, which is produced drivers that can drive on the roads. Have you driven on the roads here? Well, there's a lot of people coming. Remember the last time I went there, I was sitting at the DMV and I was I was listening to people do their test and that person there and the little office and like Louisburg, whatever was was sitting there going uh, you know, yeah, give them the giving them the answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the other thing. Go to Lewisbourg.
Speaker 2: You go to Lewisbourg and there were two people there. They're completely understaffed and overworked.
Speaker 1: What was it? I think it was? Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Because they were completely overstaffed and underwork. They were just people in and out. You do a horrible job in the test, we're gonna stamp, you're gonna improve it. You can leave and I don't care if you drive like a jackass on the roads. Get out of my office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't hit me. Who was it? Ap Dylan was telling me, I take is ap Dylan our writer friend from North State journal. I think she was trying to get her daughter her first driver's license. She was trying to make appointments and like Murphy and stuff. I know if it was quite Murphy, but what what's going on? So this absolutely to see eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. So do you feel better about the DMV now because it sucks for everybody? Let us know, raced agic. Do you like the DMV? You fan of the DOV is the dumbest op ed ever, But it sucks for everybody equally. So that's a good thing. No, it's not. No, definitely not a good thing. Yay, I found that. I see that somebody found my million dollars worth of cocaine and the Florida keys.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, every.
Speaker 1: Hurd w every hurricane. I don't understand why the beaches are not lined by crackheads when they hear hurricanes coming. Man possible, Yeah.
Speaker 5: For us, it's not a hurricane. But yeah, you go back to last week at this time, I think we'd be impacted as much. We're going to be flood watches up now, we'll start to see the rain showers come in today. The triangle points east and south may end up with some decent showers thunder showers today, but it's really through tomorrow, Tomorrow night, Thursday, potentially even into Friday. Rain will pick up an intensity and coverage and we could end up with double digit rain totals. That does include Raleigh, Durham, and areas to the south end to the east, especially east of eighty five. But as you go our east of ninety five, excuse me, but as you go further west, there'll be lower amounts, but still some flooding possible, even around Greensboro Winston Salem where there could be a few inches of rainfall there also. So things are gonna unwind pretty quickly here and it's a multi day rain event. We're not gonna get rid of Debbie until maybe late in the week, So once the rain starts coming in, it's gonna be on and off for multiple days. So hunger down now as a forecast, as we kind of sharpen the pencil a little bit, is going to be maybe eight to ten inches of Raleigh, Durham, points south and east of that even more. And then as you get back into the triad four or five six inches of rain. Now that's cumulatively it'll take multiple days. That's through Friday, but pretty good like there will be flooding and there will be issues with water getting into places where it's not supposed to be. So you know, it is gonna go downhill and go downhill pretty quickly. The winds will start gusting tomorrow twenty to twenty five, maybe twenty five to thirty on Thursday and Friday. I don't know if we get the tropical storm force, but still gusty winds and rainy and just just an awful period of time coming up. There's no other way to sugarcoat it. For some, especially east and south, there could be some historic rain. In parts of South Carolina, they could get thirty inches of rain. Some spots have already seen over a foot.
Speaker 1: Well, at least the majority of the state isn't low lying and swampish. So yah, good, good that, yeah, it could be that all right. Well, yeah, we hope everyone's okay, and yeah, but you know, if something happens the DMV, I mean you're good, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't want the people there, so but you get it all right, thank you, Sir, appreciated by the way. Now people are emailing me Ross. Apparently there's a d m V Kiosk and Raleigh to serve state workers. So that's not equity, is it? Is it only state workers are allowed to go to I need more info on this because this completely blows all this garbage out of the water, all of it out of the water. Is it near the bus stop? So at least they have to risk getting stabbed, That's what That's why we didn't get to that yesterday. But that's that's one of the aspects we're going to talk about. Anyway. We'll try to get to all of it coming up KCO Day Radio program, just because I know it's gossipy, but also you know, there's the potential for some really really big names if they if they're ever actually willing to dig into all the diddy stuff. Yeah, I mean, I can't imagine some of the stuff that would come out about people are big, big right now. But much like the Epstein client list, I would say good luck with that and take it for what it's worth. There's a report out this morning, and this was prompted by a social media post by sug Knight, but Apparently there are others who back with Knight saying or excuse me a social media post of a podcast, So Suge Knight's on a podcast, and then the video posted. All right, I'm not going to play it for you because I didn't Ross is busy, doesn't need to dub that in. But they were talking about Ben Affleck and j Loo, you know, the divorce, the pending divorce, and according to Knight, by the way, Suge Knight's in prison, you need to understand that he hosts this podcast, participates on the prison phone, which is probably pretty expensive. So Knight is suggesting that Ben Affleck wants to divorce from j Lo because of some very explicit videos that were part of what was obtained during the raid of Combs's Diddy. I guess p Diddy, Sean Combs, any of the other names he went by, in in which Lopez maybe doing some really really bad stuff. I don't what that is. I don't know, you know, some of the Diddy stuff is has to do with underage people. I don't know if that's the allegation or it's just really really like salacious video that was taken over. I don't know the answer to that, but they go to Puffy here's the quote. They go to Puffy's house to get all these videos of Jaylo doing this, Jlo doing that, and the FEDS apparently talked to Affleck and showed him screenshots of some of the footage. I don't know if that's the process, but that's I mean, that's crazy, man. But he wants to go ahead and get that divorce done because when it hits the fans, so to speak, he doesn't want to be there. It's that story, never one. Here's the one that bothered me incessantly. It looks like they're gonna get ready to ruin another eighties movie action flick nineteen eighty seven with a updated version for modern audiences, and that would be Running Man. Ross. You a fan of The Running Man? You like The Running Man? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, it's a good movie.
Speaker 1: It's good movie. It's pure eighties. It's for the timeframe it is. It is what it is, and obviously Arnold Schwarzenegger if you don't remember it, and there's a game show or they stick him into like the abandoned part of the city and they basically have to fight like Mortal Kombat characters.
Speaker 2: I'm sort of like at the age now, because if it's in the eighties, I'm like, yeah, I'll take it over anything we have today. Goofy, silly, don't care, I'll take it. You mean a remake or there the original?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yes, yeah, I watched Running Man not that long ago. I think it was on HBO Max or something. I watched it not that long ago. And it's the perfect movie for when on Sundays when I'm putting prep together. That's the exact kind of movie I tend to put on in the background because I already know what's happening. Right, But according to new reports out they are they want to do an update starring Sidney Sweeney. Do we all know who Sidney Sweeney is? Sidney Sweeney is a very blessed woman, as evidenced by her plunging necklines in her uh uh.
Speaker 2: She got like huge brains.
Speaker 1: They're giant brains. Tran you know, good for her, doesn't hide them, you know sometimes women will, you know.
Speaker 2: Know they're saying that she brought her she brought them back. They're saying like she killed bulk in that respect. Remember she was an SNL at the end of it, and They're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and uh. And by the way, she's already do you know she's redoing Barbarella, that Jane Fonda movie from the sixties, which you know what, I'm okay with that. That's fine. Anything to purge Jane Fonda is. So as long as Sidney Sweeney avoids throwing in with the Vietcong, we're probably okay. That being said, what what is is that a high bar? Is that should I You're gonna.
Speaker 2: Break the simulation. Man, She's gonna come out against Ho Chi Minh and it's gonna be over zero fox.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, at least then will know at least at least we'll know at least we'll do all right. So anyway, so yes, Sidney Sweeney and actor Glenn Powell. If you don't know Glenn Powell is I'm trying to He was in hip Man, but he was in uh, he was in the Top Gun Maverick. But did you ever see that Ross Riversy Top Gun Maverick?
Speaker 2: I saw it up until the middle of it, and then I just stopped washing and then I saw like the the clip of of of Maverick showing the kids how it can be done.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, you remember the one? Yeah? Do you remember the iceman character of the young pilots, the really cocky one? And yes, that's Glenn Powell. Okay, all right, except except he's no Schwartzenegger. But I don't mind him and stuff. I've seen him, and that being said, he's not Schwartzenegger. However, there is some speculation that there could be some role reversal, so Sweeney would not be the executive from the TV station right who ends up getting tossed in their spoiler with Arnold. She might be the Arnold.
Speaker 2: Now I fine with that, because Arnold in the original movie, did he do a lot of running?
Speaker 1: No, it was the murdering. There was some running. I see what you're I see what's Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: So she'll be running in the movie.
Speaker 1: No, she'll be She'll be just murdering everybody within seconds at all. You know, yes, probably initially slow motion running. I mean you can slow down video on today's modern TV.
Speaker 2: You know, I'll have to see a trailer.
Speaker 1: Let me. Could you do me a favorite? Could you call down to Paradise and uh? And you know what, I need an independent take on this? Can you call down to Paradise and Uh, check in with Whitman, Price, Hadad and see what they think of this. Could you call? And they're on the beach right now, still in their outfits. It's really weird. Yeah. I don't care Whitman, Price or Hadad. You can check with any one of them. I'm just curious what they think as folks who were in the original original one, you know, are the previous winners from the show. So all right, we'll check in with them because they're in paradise. Uh oh oh, Ross making it look are they not? Oh they've been murdered. Okay, all right. Why do I randomly remember the names of the previous winners on The Running Man and yet I couldn't remember the other day lethal weapon? And then Ross hijacked it with Joe Dirt. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty much sure last ninety nine percent Joe Dirt, but you're allowed to think it's lethal weapon. We agree to disagree.
Speaker 1: Here, we're Danny Glover sitting on a toilet with a bomb strap to it. You think that's Joe Dirt versus.
Speaker 2: There was a scene in Joe Dirt we had a bomb strap to him.
Speaker 1: Danny Glover did actor Danny Lover from you know, you know him from Predator to was that also Joe Dirt? Was Joe Dirt being chased by an alien hunter in the streets?
Speaker 2: So is she going to be running? It's called running man, And just where's the record? You're you are against miss Sweeney running watching them?
Speaker 1: I'm against for bastardization of Schwarzenegger flicks. That's what I'm against. Look what happened when they Look what happened, what they did with the last Terminator. Come on, that's unforgivable. Now, if they don't show her with like magical ninja skills at one time, you know, going all be a trix from kill Bill with no formal training, then yeah, if they just want to chase her around and tell the prey you know, it's like Gazelle's right if it was, because you're not gonna win a fight with a lion, so you got to have the cardio, so you've got to be doing a lot of running. I'm just saying that there's other projects that they can do. So do you think she has black eyes by the end of the movie from the contestant she has to fight? Is what I mean? Will they show that she's a little vulnerable or will they go full And I don't know this is this is all Hollywood speculation, but I'm very nervous, all right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. It's eight point fifteen here on the Cacode radio program, speaking of women in movies. Apparently it's not good enough for activists. We'll share that with you. And this Secret Service story.
Speaker 6: Is insane and is like, is as corrupt a scene that you might see in some Hollywood thriller starring Sydney Sweeney running as as as you can possibly remember, And yet.
Speaker 1: And yet people are just like a whole hum about this. So if you don't know what the story is originally reported, but was it real clear politics? I believe, And now's yes, real clear politics. Who had three sources within Secret Service? Who are now talking about what happened with the cocaine in the White House. If you don't know the story, I'm going to tell you about it coming up next here on the KCO Day radio program. Ever seen ross so pumped about a Hollywood eighties movie remake? But that's fine, we'll see in the rat So. The rap on Sidney Sweeney is she's actually conservative, right, is that because I saw people that were trying to run that thing. I had no yeah, yeah, yeah, because apparently her family is and like some family members like nah, she's you know, but she also it's it still shows you what's going on in Hollywood where it's like I am so here by the way for any of you Onion, so listening, not not that any well, there are a couple actually in the Raleigh area. The worst thing going on right now is all of these piece of garbage influencers like Jack Posovic and Charlie Kirk who have access to these political mailing lists, who are spamming my inbox. So now I'm have to go block him on Twitter. I'm getting who's the who's the local dude? The young guy? Oh, what is his damn name? We interviewed him one time and then he was too good for us, talking about Stephen Hord No no, no, no, no, Ry Ryan something or other. I got spammed with some of his stoles. Yeah, okay, yeah, that dude, and it's like the first thing I do is now I just purg you from my life because they're out of the sheer audacis who start spamming my email. I've got more Charlie Kirk Jack Pisobic emails this morning. Look at that Kirk's In the last twenty minutes, Charlie Kirk has sent me three different they're not the same email, And it's just like, how do you think people want anything to do with you? Hell, half the time you're wrong with the crap that you post.
Speaker 2: I think I blocked Charlie Kirk a while ago and the Juneteenth stuff when him and Kansas Owens were freaking out over it. Oh, like, hey, bring on another holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, in the same way that Ross is like you're running, man, Try that sounds good? Yeah? Is there running? Because you know what that's Ross takes lemons, make lemonade. That's his thing, so super positive, influences the whole full team around here. So let's see, all right, that's our Hollywood section. Dude, you want some you want some delicious irony? Do you guys remember Harrison Butker, the kicker for the Kansas City Chiefs, right, and uh what was it? It was a graduation speech, right, he was. He was speaking at a college graduation. And it's clear if you listen to the totality of it, he's making two arguments that if women want to be homemakers, great, If they want to go to the career, great, But if you are, if you choose to do that, and you think it's fine to make fun of women who make the decision because you feel they're being subjugated in it, in reality, you're not for women making their decisions, which seems like a pretty logical argument. Now, don't get me wrong. He then got into his preference of stuff, but it was clearly his preference, and they're like, we got to cancel him. His agency dropped him. If you remember, his agent dropped him over the you know, the sheer stupidity, because that's what we do well, Harrison Butker is now the highest paid NFL kicker ever. Yes, that's right. The three time Super Bowl winner sparked outrage after telling him graduating class that his success was all because quote, a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all time, homemaker. So he's literally talking about his family just while I think Bucker's weighed in on Biden's abortion stuff too. I think was something else he said, But all this was for him to cancel. Can you imagine being the agent who knee jerk reacted to this, and because you know what he did, Bucker went and negotiated it himself. He just said, fine, I'll do it myself. And so you're an agent who if you'd have waited what three months? Three months, you'd have had what ten twelve percent of what is six point four million per year? So the total is twenty six million with eighteen guaranteed, so you'd have had ten percent of that. You absolute adults. It's very fickle.
Speaker 2: It's a Bob Sugar move.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Oh no, no, it's no is it is that a Bob Sugar? You want to Jerry maguire.
Speaker 2: You don't want a Bob Sugar.
Speaker 1: Jerry had some growing up to do. It was clear, and frankly, that's so you go here. Yeah, he didn't go with Jerry McGuire either, He went with himself and now he makes the most money doing what he does. Look, I know you got no love for the Kansas City Chiefs, but you gotta you gotta, you gotta think this is pretty funny, right.
Speaker 2: No, especially considering all the drama surrounding other players. And the chiefs like, this is not the guy you have to worry about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a very good point. Yeah, and now that agent doesn't get his new beach house, I'm so sad. Good news, bad news. I guess there's a lot of ways to handicap this, so we'll go ahead and do that. But we got we got to tell you about what's coming to a college campus near you. But first the Secret Service story. All right, ready, I didn't have enough time in the last segment, so I want to get to this. So on Monday, the Secret Service did confirm that it disposed of the cocaine found last year at the White House, which is kind of a big deal. And this was this was part and parcel about a furies of stories that were coming out earlier this week by Real Clear Politics, who cited several sources within the Secret Service. And I find it interesting now that the hold on let me my sprite. Drinking a sprite this morning. I don't generally drink fool sugar sodas, but it's happening, so anyway, just pretend it's a beer. Anyway, So anyway, the Secret Service sources told Real Clear Politics it wasn't just because you have to understand the Secret Service policy for any evidence, with some exceptions like you know, explosive devices things like that, the policy is to hold on to anything that's part of an official, official investigation for seven years. It's a retention policy. It's pretty simple. All law enforcement agencies, anyone who collects evidence has some sort of stated retention policy. So for them to eleven days later after they closed the investigation to simply destroy it, that's not good, and that's putting it mildly. However, it's far more insidious if the real clear politics story is true. According to their reporting, the director, obviously the now departed Kimberly Cheatle, became quote really pee word off. I don't know if I should say that. But when her request was rebuffed, what was the request? According to the reporting, Cheetle ordered subordinates to destroy the cocaine. However, met internal opposition by some people who probably figured out that one that's not legal. Two they would be the scapegoat if they followed those orders. But apparently somebody did, or Cheatle flushed at herself like a drug raid on cops where you hear the toilet going in the other room and you know they know what's up. So the subordinates who quote cited protocols requiring evidence to be retained for seven years, initially told her they wouldn't do it. Two sources told the outlet the cheetle or someone speaking at her direction then called the agency's forensic division, the supervisor Matt White. So he's the guy, and every one of these you know, he's the old guy works in the basement right where all of the uh, all the lot law enforcement guys go down there, sign in, sign out evidence. That's the dude, and asked him to dispose of the evidence because quote leadership wanted to close the case. Now, whether it was White who destroyed it or if he was one of the subordinates that pushed back and somebody else had to, we don't know, Boston Paul. I pretend if it's a beer, just have a beer. I don't know. I'm not quite too the uh drinking on the show phase of the storied radio career, but I'll get there one day, Boston Paul. Don't worry like you know, like that bitter cop who's a PI now has got a bottle of gut rot whiskey in his drawer. I strive to one day achieve that. But you have a beer if you want. Anyway, So the Secret Service closed its investigation just eleven days after the cocaine was found, without interviewing any potential suspects. So that's number one. Number two, and this is what makes it more egregious and more scummy and more cover uppie, if that's a word. Additional sources. So now they have five people on the record. Now they're not identified, and you know how I feel about anonymous sources, so take it for what it's worth. Said that during the eleven days they had had they hit a DNA match, which there had been some reporting, but one that was a partial hit within and a national database, meaning they weren't just able to get DNA or partial DNA from it, which was the reporting. They entered it into the system and it popped. I'm gonna say that again. They found DNA on it. It then popped within a system in the national database. So NCIC, I guess or whatever, I guess, there's actually a DNA portion of this. And after it popped, they didn't interview anybody, and then they disposed of it outside of the boundaries of their own retention policy. This is the stuff you see in movies, right. This is the other half of the revisionist history that the media provides. Ross and I were talking off the air. Can you imagine all the stuff we don't know if they're willing to operate in a time when it should be a lot harder to get away with this because there's so much digital res of what happened. You think these cats didn't see what happened and Nixon back in the day and started girding their loins on stuff like this. So you had a hit, even if when you say, it's a partial hit and it may not hold up in court, which I understand that there's a certain threshold that you have to hit. But you then don't go interview anybody. And the director of the Secret Service is making phone calls to the evidence locker saying, hey, I need you to destroy evidence. What it does show is, even though they may have people on record, if this is all true, it shows you that simply replacing a couple of people at the top might have no fundamental change if those all along the way are willing to go along with excuse me, along with this stuff to destroy evidence, to do any of that. It's the corruptness of law enforcement practices that is that when I talk about it being part of a mood, it's always a hallmark of whoever the villain's going to turn out to be right, it's the corrupt leader of this thing, or the cabinet member who actually killed the president's mistress. It also was on match. I can't remember what that movie was, but I mean, this is the stuff, dude, and this is the reporting that's out there. And Chetle she retired or she you know, she walked away. But through the failure of what happened with Trump coupled with this, the woman might or at least very should be facing some sort of prosecution that flimsy your evidence on J six people. But she won't because of the position of power that she held. Did anyone who helped destroy evidence, and frankly anyone who didn't within this who did push back. Again, I think some of the pushback was not because they disagreed, but rather they realized that if it ever came out, they'd be the scapegoat. They'd be the patsy here. Oh no, oh, the director didn't know anything about it. It was this mid level manager who did it. He's a rogue employee, like they've seen this movie before. Those people shouldn't be in a position of power, and that position of power could be as minimal as somebody who's an investigator, you know, standard investigator. Everyone involved in this investigation, who got a DNA hit and then watched as the director allegedly tried to destroy the evidence. Who didn't come forward and say something? And you don't have to come forward to the media. You have to be dropping tips to the Washington Post. But you know there is oversight to the extent that there is, and there are members of Congress that provide oversight, who are you know, would love to take this like a dog with a stick and run with it. Man and the corruption man, just the absolute corruption. There's no valid excuse if either of these things came to pass. And will it go anywhere, I don't know, But I do know that if Donald Trumps serious about purshing, he's going to have a heavy lift on his hands. And likely there might be agencies who are not able to perform certain duties, and that'll have to be an argument that they make. But you can't have this level of corruption, I promise you if you got busted at the White House with one hundred dollars worth of blow, something bad's gonna happen to you, all right, eight forty four raced agic. Once again we're talking about cocaine. That's what we do here. Well, thanks again, I can mix it up. Do you slease do this? Did you see the meth lettuce? No? Oh? Man? Yeah? Uh, FED sees record forty eight million worth of meth hidden in lettuce shipments from Mexico. Shock can oh yeah? What else would come from? I think, honestly, I think this is a brilliant marketing employee for big Lettuce. Yeah, that I could look. Yeah, cocaine bunny, Yeah, like people, I don't like lattice. Man vers that it gives you wings? You like it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can be addicted to the lettuce. Man, They're gonna sell so much lettuce. But I can't prove it, so we'll see, all right, man, Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, yeah, Well I wish I had better news, but it really starts going downhill this afternoon. For the rest of the week, we're in rain and thunderstorms, rounds of it. Will there be breaks at times, yes, especially today as below pulls back out over the tropical Storm Debbi the open waters of the Atlantic, So it does pull a little bit further east and away from us briefly, but then as we go on through Tomorrow and Thursday just kind of meanders around off South Carolina coast and eventually they come back on shore and it's gonna push back closer to us. So the worst days of the week are probably going to be as we get into Wednesday night and Thursday and maybe even on into a part of Friday, when heavy rain coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm people hate it when I interrupt you on this stuff. But no, so when you say it goes offshore, do we so it? Then we'll have to make landfall back in North Carolina.
Speaker 5: Right, it's right now, They got to project and make landfall in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, just North Charleston, Okay, all right, puts pretty close to the border though, oh no, South damage, don't damage myrtle dirty myrtle man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, they're gonna get a pretty good bath on shore flow. They'll be on the east side, luckily Charleston for them, they won't be on the east side at least to the current trajectory, current path. And then it comes back on shore meandas around for a couple of days. Eventually it'll get caught up and go north and could have impact the northeast and New England as a depression or a weak tropical storm.
Speaker 1: But we've got a lot of.
Speaker 5: Rain to deal with them, flooding rain and flood watches which started, which start I think tomorrow as the rain picks up eight to ten inches, some could get more. It could be fifteen inch totals to the east and south of us triad four to six inches. That's a lot of rain. Oh yeah, it'll come over a few days. Yeah, it'll come over a few days. But still it's gonna be problems with flooding. If you're in a flood prone area, prepare now. There'll be some gusty winds at times. I would prepare anyway, not only for the water, but maybe for some body power outages too. You know, if that water gets in places it's not supposed to get into. Uh and we get a wind gust and we get some bands of stronger thunderstorms and that could be enough with the saturated ground to pull some trees down. So uh yeah, will be here tomorrow to talk a lot more about it, and uh, you know, we'll be able to see if there's been any changes and see if the forecast is on track. You don't want it to be. You don't want it to stall out like this. This is worst case scenario for a races.
Speaker 1: What happened. This is what happened with one of the hurricanes a few years ago in North Carolin. Remember it just came Was it opped there? Right?
Speaker 6: Up?
Speaker 5: It war mad? I can't was one of the one or the other, the.
Speaker 1: One that flooded Newborn. It's stopped right literally like this. We're talking about this on the air. The speed had dropped to essentially zero, and you were saying, this is not good. This is really bad.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we're still at seven. But when you see stationary or it starts moving like one or two miles an hour, that's when you're kind of like age. Yeah, and hopefully it'll move quicker. I want this to be wrong, but oh god, it is suggesting that it's not to.
Speaker 1: No, he telling off the air, Ray was saying he wants it to go hit Fiji. I don't know if it would be a pattern not Fiji's what's the Bermuda. Yeah, Bermuda, wishing death on Bermuda. So anyway, all right, we got a roll stirt, Thank you very much, appreciate it, bye, and we'll be back, can you No, No, apparently not.
Speaker 7: The dust is settling after the big sell off on Wall Street, and you may find some stocks you'd like to own on sale today. Goldman Sachs says four decades worth of data suggesting that buying stocks after sell offs on the scale we've seen over the last month is usually profitable, and it looks like we'll see some bargain hunting today.
Speaker 1: Futures are a little bit higher.
Speaker 7: Right across the board now, futures are up one hundred and forty five points. Delta Airlines extended the pause on its New York to Tel Aviv service through the end of this month, the carrier sighting the ongoing conflict in the Middle East. The mining slump has hit the parent of Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut. Young Brands posted weaker than expected second quarter sales as consumers worldwide cut back on fast foods, and Casey, the Florida based restaurant chain World of Beer, Bar and Kitchen, has filed for bankruptcy. The company does have some outlets in North Carolina. It hopes to restructure its operations and remain in business.
Speaker 1: Case, that's too bad. They got one over at North Hills, and I might have been in there a few times, so all right, they have so they're going to keep operating though, right because at this point that's their hope. Yes, okay, good, good, good, all right, thank you, sir. I do appreciate it. Have a good day. Yeah, there you go. Jeff Pillinger from Bloomberg News. Oh well, hopefully Biden can save that as well, because he's got quite a track record here of saving stuff.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Good. Congress heard the economy, environment, any environment, good good good. So apparently that's how everything got fixed yesterday, the economy and end of the environment. So also you get a little breaking news here. Associated press quote. Vice President Kamala Harris has decided on a running mate. In an announcement he is coming in quote hour.
Speaker 2: Just Clothes TV just put out like thirty seconds ago that she has chosen Tim Walls to.
Speaker 1: D Ui Walls. You know, my favorite Tim Walls story is when he was younger, he got a Dui to a ninety six and a fifty five and then pretended to be deaf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was reading about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's a true story. Yeah, he's like, oh I can't hear. It's like that he's responding to commands and they're like you sure, you sure you can't hear? But whatever, young and dumb, right, And speaking of young and dumb, the the college takeover for the pro homascats that will resume when school resumes. I have a question because most of these big universities are open during the summer. I've taken summer university courses. Why'd you all leave if this is the if there's literally a genocide going on. Because if I thought there was a genocide going on, and I've decided that I'm gonna, you know, make it my point to stop a genocide, I'm not leaving for three months to go to South Podway with my friends or whatever they were doing. I hope they weren't. Man, they're just ruined the the look there. But could I recommend some for universities before they get back landscaping right ross? What is what is greener? A quad that it looks like Central Park with grass and all that or cacti. We use very little water, require very little maintenance, right, so you swap the quads for cactus and you save all that. It's very green, very environmentally friendly. And I want to watch them pitch tents, but no, they say they're coming back and they're going to go right back into protest mode, which again they didn't feel necessary during during the summer when they wanted to go a you know, van life blogging or vlogging or backpacking in Europe. They apparently that was all on hold. So far, groups at Columbia, Rutgers, George Washington, and Harvard have announced they will be doing it again. I look to see if UNC is going to be back at it. I think after you guys got shamed by the frat bros