Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to Eye the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. We're not on the air. It's blinking. Maybe hear us, maybe don't Can you hear us? Let me know if you can hear us, because we've had issues for the last two hours. There's no blinking, so we could be Troy maybe hopefully we're not going to have the recruit right. No, you've reached doctor Ham saying that we're having issues here, so we didn't want to do this. The funny thing of what's the record for the UA football team? Three and I feel like I'm one in eight, so they're having a better season than you are today today, right, I've thrown about five interceptions here. I don't know what's going on with this because they've played a lot of commercials obviously I'm not sure why, but but.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes they have. I'm not sure sure.
Speaker 1: I hope we're on the air or two, so let me know if you if you're hear us, that'll be fine. We were talking about the basketball program, women's program. If you followed that, because they played it night.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, they played a night you know, three and zero very non competitive games in terms of opponents that they've played, they've looked solid, but you're really not going to know until the conference season because kind of like a classic idea barn schedule over the last several years, there's just not a lot of me and and potatoes during the non conference so, you know, right right outside salad.
Speaker 1: She's, yeah, well you need a diet. You try I need to diet. But you know what, she's kind of done that. I mean when they first started, when she first started, uh, she won a lot because they didn't play a whole lot of good teams, but she said they needed to learn how to win. I gained some confidence. That was what five six years ago and now and look what happened. They got their confidence, They got a generational player.
Speaker 2: In Aaron McDonald, Ry McDonald and and Vaoilah.
Speaker 1: Here they go and now they probably might have to re go to that where they win a lot of games, feel confident with themselves and move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think they do have talent on the roster. Jada Williams is phenomenal player, yeah Paris that transferred in from North Carolina. So I do think you have guard play and some some front players as well. But I think after that that's where they kind of fall off as the bench just doesn't seem as strong as in the years past.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you know here now here for And she's that because last couple of years have been the bench has been not existing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you've also had a lot of.
Speaker 1: Transfers and that's my point, non existent literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I think you're trying to rebuild that part. But you have some young talented players that are you know, in your starting lineup and you know, like you said it, he goes through those moments where if you don't have the roster that can win right now, let's stack up some wins, get them some confidence and then go into the conference season and hoping that confidence transfer is over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to just randomly talk about things. We can't take any calls because we don't want to screw this up because we have we have a lot of time. We'll probably go through the whole time here unless they make us go to more commercials. I think that we've run out of them, which is fine with me. We were talking from breaking news that we wouldn't do it, but we talked to Troy, you and I before the show started. Five weeks ago, actually just about an hour and a half ago, the USC got fined and penalized for O probation for some recruiting violations that that their coach, Riley, was not involved with. But it seems like the rules were kind of like you can move the line a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, back in the day, I know, and I don't know this is exactly the case for USC, But back in the day, you couldn't have analysts and office and defensive analysts go out and recruit.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, how far back in the day, like two years ago, two three, I think three years pandemic, right after the pandemic, Yeah, exactly. But now those analysts can go out and recruit, they can be on the field, they can be like a coach, you know, just without the pay of a coach, right, So you're able to extend that out. So I don't know if it's something from back then that they got caught for that a lot of program it was just a twenty twenty one. The coach was not involved in this, so he was not penalized.
Speaker 2: And it's something that a lot of programs were doing. I mean, it's that's why they changed the rules. So it's not just an USC thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, no, no question. It's like you can drive fifty five, but but you couldn't. We still have to find you for now. You can drive seventy, but we still have to find you for pay.
Speaker 2: You're going sixty, it's fifty five. Here's your ticket. Yeah, oh now everybody's going seventy five.
Speaker 1: Right right, So so okay, so it's a it's a fine and a penalty, but you know, okay, they'll move on from this.
Speaker 2: It's no Reggie Bush thing. They're They're going to be completely sure.
Speaker 1: Sure Bears have fired their and battled offensive coordinator Waldron. Did you watch him play? They were not that good, you know, you know what the quarterback.
Speaker 2: They started off hot this season, and it really felt that that hell Mary at the end of the game for the Commanders right kind of just deflated it. And to their credit, the Bears played well enough at the end and Caleb Williams did to win that game, and you have a hellm are and you can't account for that, but it just seemed to be a deflator because you come out flat against the Cardinals, come out flat against whoever they played after that, and there's got to be some answers. Yeah, so I had.
Speaker 1: I was on the show yesterday with Henry and who was with me as my guest.
Speaker 2: I can't remember now that so long ago yesterday. How are you so? I asked him.
Speaker 1: That's how undescriptive was to be. Nobody was actually a good show. I asked him, did he know anybody that was a Cardinals fan, because they're playing so well. But I think you're a Cardinal fan. No, I'm a Bronco fan. Oh okay, I'm a Bronco but you've gone to maybe maybe. Okay, you're a Sons fan.
Speaker 2: I am a Sons fan. Okay, so you pick and choose your Phoenixes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I still don't know any did because they're doing really well and I haven't seen how well they played, even Murray, how well he's played. But they're winning the their league, your division.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's a weaker division right now this season, but you got to win the games that are in front of you. And Kyler Murray, this offense and.
Speaker 1: Like Brendan right there with all the rights.
Speaker 2: Sas, Yeah, you know, you got to win what's in front of you. But he looks phenomenal he's been able to play within his skill set, and I think he's gotten back to being the Calmary that he needs to be, not being too much, not not worrying about this, and that just go out and play football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wouldn't that be a good advice for Noah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know they've talked about that. I think Dino Babers has said that several times. You know, you have your golf swing and you're overthinking it goes right wide left.
Speaker 1: Just go on and hit the ball. You know, let's go rip it and see what happens. That's a good an analogy with him. But I guess I think he you know what do I know that he's overthinking things, trying to press to do so much because he feels a lot on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, way to the world on your shoulders. I expectations And you know, nobody's brought this up, but let's be honest. You have the documentary series throughout this whole season that's supposed to be an amazing season. Him and Tetro McMillan and their family set up a documentary that's not through the university, but they're interviewing Brennan. They're interviewing players. They've interviewed Justin spears throughout the season. What's that for? Just a documentary about them coming back and this season, the team and all that.
Speaker 1: It's funded by the families.
Speaker 2: The families put it together. They're putting it together. They are putting it. They've been releasing the episodes every so often throughout the season, where I forget the website. It's it's online when I when I get I'll send it to you.
Speaker 1: But no, no, it's just for the people who yeah, yeah, yeah, let me look at up.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, are you folks where you focus solely on the season?
Speaker 1: That's you know right? No, that's yeah, maybe a distraction. Uh, that's funny. I mean I didn't hear this the first I've heard of this. Have you seen any parts of it? I've seen some clips here and now and then I mean, did you just let let them in small bits and pieces, small bits and pieces.
Speaker 2: How long are those episodes? I think about like fifteen minutes, twenty minutes? Oh okay, yeah, I don't think anything crazy. And so they interview who's doing the interviews? I'm looking that up right now. But again I only saw the first one. But they interviewed Justin Spears, and he's been interviewed a couple of times, and.
Speaker 1: What did he say. Yeah, probably the part.
Speaker 2: Of the season talking about the previous seas and then how they all came back and stuff like that in the family and all that. But you know, it's it's something to kind of talk about, you know.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's just another I can't even come up with some other thing to worry about or to be concerned with when they can just think about football.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that it is titled unfinished Business.
Speaker 1: Well it has even started business.
Speaker 2: So I mean it was kind of hyping up the season and what they did last year and why they came all together. Unfinished business. Where can you find it? You can find it, I believe. Let me click on the story real quick. It's good radio. Yeah, good radio. No, this is interesting. This could be another destruction.
Speaker 1: I think one of the biggest things for a lot of teams that's been a destruction is nil oh for sure, with people or players being distracted by other people making more money or being more followed or more attention, and it's creating shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe it's on YouTube. So finish business on Finished Business yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. And does it say how many episodes or maybe eight or not?
Speaker 2: I am not seeing that. But but my point is it's it's something else from the field, right and even and I don't think no if a Teto Rom McMillan mean to be distracting or anything like that. Third, good guys, But hey, the results are the results on the field. You could point to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could point to it and says whether it's true or not, or affecting or not. It's just one another another thing.
Speaker 2: An example of that is like Lebron James when he left Cleveland to go to Miami, a lot of free agency. You know, you just signed Hey, I'm going here. Cool. You had the whole entire the decision on ESPN, and I rubbed a lot of people the wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, sure, but he also won three titles.
Speaker 2: Won three times, lost the first one that took a couple of years, but won three titles. But yeah, yeah, it took a while, Yeah it did, it did.
Speaker 1: And well the good thing, the good thing an observation.
Speaker 2: It's not a good thing.
Speaker 1: I think the of the lays have kind of forgotten been forgotten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you really need to talk about lays when you're three and six, there's problems out there.
Speaker 1: The talk of Jed leaving is kind of good, Bud.
Speaker 2: It's done by the wayside, right, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Else has gone away? Now it's just about winning or trying to win.
Speaker 2: Trying to figure out if this staff can get it done. I think it's the major.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a thank you for the transition for me to ask you again this question you talked about recruiting being okay, forty thirty seven, thirty seventh, which is starting right now. Right, we're going to have a recruit, but we're not going to have him now.
Speaker 2: Not only that, but like other other teams could get recruits in it, it all switches.
Speaker 1: So let me let me say this. So, I think one of the biggest things that I've heard when I go to basketball games or in the hallways or whatever. Okay, whether he's a good coach or not a good coach, but is he going to get talent that's Arizona good and not Sadd's a stay good.
Speaker 2: And that's a major concern because I think when you look at and they do have nice pieces to this recruiting class. There are Arizona Power five players in this class. But there's also some players that are like, why are you recruiting this guy? Hasn't That always been the case to a degree, but I think it's magnified now since you've had jet Fish and you were getting players that, even if they were a three a low three star or a two star, you look on video and you're like, this kid's underrated. This kid's really good. Like Jacob Manu, he was a mid three star. When I watched him play, I was like, Wow, this guy could start for a long time. Yeah. Or White like who hasn't started yet because he has linebackers in front of him. He was a two star kid out of Hawaii, but you watch him play, he was like Jacob Manu, but at six foot three. So it's like, man, they're finding hitting gems. You're looking at some of these videos and you're like, I just don't see the athleticism and the fundamentals popping off right right.
Speaker 1: Well, there's also more to it than that, you know, savvy smart angles, yes, and I'm sure they see that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe there's a specific trait that they're looking for and they can develop this and this and this, you know, for JAD for offensive linemen. They wanted that three hundred and forty three hundred and fifty pound lineman that they could trim down. Yeah. You know, everybody has a different technique.
Speaker 1: Sure, and everybody has an ego thing that they can get it done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what else did you? I was gonna say, are you surprised about the triathlon? The team's there because we're going to go into you know, basketball, women's basketball, other sports as we move forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, that's a big thing for triathlon, winning a national championship only it's second year of existence. I don't honestly, I don't know much about triathlon. But good for them, and you don't do it. No, not a runner, Steve, Not a runner. Maybe downhill, but not a runner. But no, good for them, And I think that's always great when you can get a national championship. Basketball, you know, it's time to We said it's time for Tommy to start producing in the tournament and that's what fans are anticipating, are waiting for. Idiya, can you get back on track? It kind of feels like the program has kind of gone off the rails to a degree. I'm not saying completely because we've seen how it was before. But can you get back on that track where she said after the championship, this is the expectation every year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, And and she with every right for her to say that, because oh, for sure they got there. You know maybe wait, well maybe not, maybe way ahead of schedule. Yeah, And who would have ever thought that, right, playing in the championship.
Speaker 2: Game and then playing a Yukon team where you just smacked from beginning to end ended up being a ten point game and you're like, wait a minute, that's Yukon in your Arizona. Nobody does that.
Speaker 1: To you, right, And well, one shot away from winning the title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if it's just an inch board because it hit the back iron. Everyone has a national championship in women's basketball, which would have been crazy bonkers, that unbelievable because growing up and seeing how the program was doing with you know, up and down and the ebbs and flows, one thing I always thought is I'll never see arizonam play in a national championship and winn's basketball and just won't have.
Speaker 1: Oh no, come on, no, let me give you even more, not even more, but just the thing, because I've been here a long time. You go to games and they were in the WN and you're thinking, I would have never, ever, ever, ever, ever thought that they'd have twelve, ten thousand whatever in that arena.
Speaker 2: With the WN it right, you were talking about that.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, who would have ever thought that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, she did a great job of cultivating the fan base and getting.
Speaker 1: It and they've stuck with her. And they've stuck with her. Was Brent on his show last night?
Speaker 2: Did he have a show? He didn't have a radio show. I did not hear it. I had some homework to do. But you know, so he has it on Mondays. He does have it on Monday show. On the road recruiting. They went on the road recruiting. I know the coaching staff was all over the country last week during the bye week. You know, you get that mid season by we can you can go to recruit. I know the main topic of recruiting, or the main focus for them recruiting wise, are South Texas, that Houston area. Yeah, and then Florida as well. As they're starting to get more recruits.
Speaker 1: I've always been the target, so Texas, California, Florida for.
Speaker 2: These rich rod they ignored Texas Florida to what you know was happening with the previous ALFL my troops. Sure, but I mean right now, I think they have about six seven Texas guys on the recruiting class of you know, without looking real quick, that hasn't happened here in a long time.
Speaker 1: And Texas, you know these guys to contain them or hold them. What do you hear about the nil Because like I said before, I'm talking to somebody who has money and probably doesn't give money to the u A. And I don't blame them because it's their money. But how is that going?
Speaker 2: I think for football? I know when Brennan was hired, they got the calls and donations from boosters and alumni in that first week and a half span, and they had with Jed in the last two months with jad Fish because I think there was excitement of a Arizona guy coming back. Now, I don't know what it would look like. To be honest, they haven't told us anything. So usually when they're not telling you, oh, this and this and this, it's not good. I can tell you that much.
Speaker 1: No, No, and kids today, back on my day, they came here to play.
Speaker 2: They came here to play.
Speaker 1: Get some time, right, away, and we all know that that doesn't happen right away. But now it's not about just that, it's about what are you going to pay me to come and try to play right away?
Speaker 2: I do know even though it's the season's gone poorly for Arizona and Brennan and the pressure of the fan base because you see it all over social media. Fire Brett Brennan, that's not going to happen after one, he.
Speaker 1: Said, let me say, is it coming from like a small small group of five.
Speaker 2: It's just loud. I think it's coming from a small group of specific people that follow specific media members. Okay, I'll just put it that way, and they're very vocal and.
Speaker 1: Well, let me say this, and I've been doing this. I have to say this a thousand times that I've been doing this long time. The people who have the money, the people who have the money and call some shots out there.
Speaker 2: They're not on Twitter. No, they're not on Facebook. And they don't want them fired.
Speaker 1: They're too busy. They're too busy making money, too busy doing their jobs.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the money. You call me and tell me if you need money, or hey, if something's going drastically or wrong, let me know, right, No, But I do know from some donors and boosers and alumni that have a say in things, that he still has the room, that people still support them and believe in them because he is that Arizona guy, because he is a tony guy. They want to give him that operation. But another chance.
Speaker 1: You either got to start proving it and maybe this is the mulligan for this year, but you got to come back strong next year.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, results matter. You know, you could be the nicest guy in the world, It doesn't matter. Did I told?
Speaker 1: I told you about this when I had Lopez on Thursday? I said, you live in a world where it's be good or be gone, because you know you're you're measured by the results.
Speaker 2: You get a guy like John Wooden who won ten national championships. It took him, I think eleven twelve years when that first one. You're not getting eleven twelve years anymore. Same with Ludelson to win that first one, even with the final fours. Yea, with all those you know, first round upsets and all that, and there is no national championship for Lute anymore.
Speaker 1: So don't you think that And I you know, according to people, I'm a curmudgeon and a mean guy.
Speaker 2: Whatever, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I just kind of say what I see that that this fan base is just like every other fan base where and I'm talking fan bases where five it's a group of ten, could be a group of twenty of forty thousand that go into that stadium, but they're always constantly complaining there.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a fan base that is completely happy right right in college, pro, you name it. I remember going to a Warriors Sun's game when the Warriors went on to when their first title, and Warrior fans were asking to cut and trade andre Iguodala because he stinks quote unquote who won the NBA Finals MVP that year? I think it was andre Igodala. So, like, you know, you just you can't listen to certain fans and you let them talk and you let them do their whining and complaining. It's like Major League the movie where the guy's like, oh, wild thing, you stink right at the end of the movie. Oh, he's the greatest thing ever. We're you gonna have those fans?
Speaker 1: Yeah No, And that's just how it runs hot and cold. What have you done for me lately. Yeah, yeah, look at Forfa. I mean, come on, he was a darning ten months ago. Just did the magic start about now or mid April mid October.
Speaker 2: Last year when he started he started game I want to say four. He finally got in because the stand uh Danielwerry got hurt.
Speaker 1: In Stanford, so maybe four games in, four games in and he just went on this role and he looked great. Yeah, and it turns on you quick man. Yeah, and you know you have a fan base.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, you finally got in, and now you have a fan base that's saying, you know what, can you play the walk on? Let's see what the backup walk on can do. It's like, no, that's that's not the answer. I don't think no offense to you know, to Tannerbaum, he's you know, he's not a terrific job as a walk on. I'm not staying in tannerbaumb over Nova Fee the last three games of the season. There's no point in it.
Speaker 1: Sure, No, I don't. I don't think you should, right because you need to try to win. Try to win unless Noah leaves. I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: My my question is with that. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to know is you've had this type of year. Who wants you now? States not coming Ohio State game.
Speaker 1: And that's a great point.
Speaker 2: But a team like Utah Noah had a cousin, I believe or and uncle played for the Utah Utes. Utah really wanted him and came to Arizona. They're going to be looking for a quarterback now. A program like that might be something to keep an eye on.
Speaker 1: Right right and to say, you know, come on, you know we can we can rEFInd you, you can do things that you did before.
Speaker 2: We have a defense. We have a coach that's been here for thirty plus years. We kind of know what we're doing. We're usually pretty good. Just come on and hand the ball off this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take a break, care and not take a break. We're going to try to answer this call. Hello, you're on the air and eye on the ball. Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: You have team money? What's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tea money. I know you can hear me. I think we Uh no, you can't hear him? Yeah, I can hear him. No, thanks for the call. I don't disagree with you. It's he's not the blame, and he's trying hard and he's off. Thank you too, money for calling. Anybody else wanted to call give us a call. I guess we can answer the phones.
Speaker 2: The flow.
Speaker 1: The phone blinked a little, but tea money. I appreciate you listening. Uh. There's a lot of blame to go around, and we live in a blameful society.
Speaker 2: Right, What was it that he said? Because I couldn't He's not the blame for this, No, not at all. I don't think that if he wanted to leave. And I think that's where the fan base says is. You know what, they came back. They took a shot on Arizona and this coaching staff, and so far the results aren't there, So they went to another program. Who's to blame them? Let me ask you this, because this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna you're your Noah, and I'm the guy asking you the questions at them and you have other reporters listening. Uh, no one, do you do you feel bad that you came back? Do you wish you would have gone?
Speaker 2: Some word? Give me your answer? No, no, because I believe I believe in the group of brothers behind me. That's family, and you know what, some things work out, some things don't. Injuries happen, but we're a family unit and I believe in those guys. And or is he just saying it? I think he means it, Okay, I think I think it is that that family background, that strong value character that him and they definitely have that. Now, if I'm gonna be honest, if a guy like Jane and Dolaura went up there and said that, I don't believe in one bit. There's a difference between the two. There's a difference between.
Speaker 1: No, because you've you've you've seen him enough to know or heard him.
Speaker 2: Enough to know he's one of the most honest athletes I think we've ever had the privilege of interviewing and with the football program.
Speaker 1: But he's he because he says all the right things too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can tell he this is where he wants to be. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And it could change.
Speaker 1: Right now you and you miss and you you know, maybe his opportunity came in left and yet he understands that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but team money.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the call of anybody else want to call you can't five two four, one six seventy four forty. Maybe we get to the lines a couple of times. I think we have about twelve minutes left. We're not going to commercials, given that we've heard very commercial for last uh two hours on the show.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this with uh, let's say they get to they went out, went go through and know which I think is highly unlikely. Okay, they get to a bowl game. That's that for om win play in the bowl game. I think that he shouldn't. No, he shouldn't, but the personality of.
Speaker 1: Him, I would I would say that he wouldn't because even the coaches were who depends what bowl and it's not going to be a you know it's in New Mexico Bowl or Mexico Yeah, no, you don't play. You sit it out and everyone's going to be good for you. Yeah you know you you you know, thanks for coming, Thanks for doing your your deed for us all this time. Uh, more power to you, which I agree I agree with. It's just his personality. That's my guy. I know.
Speaker 2: If a feed out there, he's going to play in that game. So am I.
Speaker 1: If you're is money out for the year? Money is out for the year. Anybody have a chance to come back. No, they're done.
Speaker 2: Gunnarmaldonado has not officially been ruled out for the season. Gunnar Alaldonado is not on the death chart anymore. So I would assume he is not coming back.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then there's nobody coming back to you know, trying to prove something in the in the bowl game.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Uh, this team just snaked. But in so many areas.
Speaker 2: From the very start. Raymond Palito, who you were looking to be, that that stalwart that left tackle. And now I'm not going to play football. I'm still on the team, but I'm not playing this season. Case. I haven't heard much about what that situation. Yeah, he it was a personal decision to set out this year. The rumors are and again you don't want to talk about rumors.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a personal decision, believe it at that, and the team agreed with him and understood his personal reason. Yeah, and that's that now. I do know. He was in the portal during the offseason. Washington was very interested. Obviously, Jedfish recruited him. Uh, what's his name, Brennan. Brennan Carroll was his favorite coach on the team. Came back to Arizona. But now you set out the season. Are you going to be at Washington next year? Are you going to play football next year? That's the question. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think that the poaching is done f the school up in the Northwest because now you have now you have proof. Yeah, yeh proof, Now you have proof. Right to be honest. Now it's like, okay, you guys thought you were going to have this great year. I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: And meanwhile, Washington, yes, we're only six and six, but we have nothing and we went to a bowl game. Come on over, let's go to a national championship. I think they're five and four with a favorable second half of the schedule.
Speaker 1: Well, ate, like we managed to survive this. We're going bowling. H Yeah, and you guys aren't.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, he has a point, and if he comes to poach some more.
Speaker 2: But the question is really what what would he want to proach? Because tetra O McMillan's going to the NFL Draft. That ship is sailed. Jed recruited, Jed loves Damon Demon Williams. That's his guy that's going to be the starter for Washington. So you're not taking.
Speaker 1: Noah Jonas, Salvana probably going to the NFL draft, Nacardo Davis probably going to So do you do you want Manu?
Speaker 2: Do you want other guys on the Rock or they? Do you think of them as good enough to play at Washington?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: And they already turned me down, turned me down once. Yeah, but that that only that matters because they need bodies, they need better players, and the players know him, trust.
Speaker 2: Him, Yeah, they do, So we'll see. Honestly, I think if it wasn't for the fact that Jed didn't say anything to the players before taking the job, everybody would be there.
Speaker 1: Well if he if you would have stayed longer.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, if he would have been, oh, hey guys, I got a call from Washington, I'm taking this job. I just wanted to let you know first before you see it out on the media. Yeah. Yeah, because all that happened before he met with him.
Speaker 1: Correct, they had no clue. They were blindsided. So who wasn't I who wasn't. But you know, that's kind of how things work. I mean, it's kind of the Big Boy League. People come and get you and you leave and more money, and.
Speaker 2: That's the NFL system. Yeah, and who know. And here's your question.
Speaker 1: If he does continue to do halfway decent, what's to say he'll be there in a year or two.
Speaker 2: If Jed continues to progress at Washington, he'll be out Florida, Miami, you name it, some Florida school when you're left, or he'll be in the NFL. He will not be at Washington through that seven year contract. God.
Speaker 1: God, the percentage of that happened is zero.
Speaker 2: I mean from the moment Jed was hired at Arizona, he looked at thirteen jobs in fourteen years. I remember telling Matt and everybody he's not going to be here long. No, no intact.
Speaker 1: I asked him that question when you with that press conmerce this year, kind of you're And who didn't ask that question or think that, because that's a question, that's your history. You are who you are. You're not just gonna this dude that. No, you are who you are. You're you're a maverick. You jump and jump and go, jump and go, and that's what he is. And he'll probably do the same thing at Washington.
Speaker 2: And I think his answer was, well, this is my dream job. Because I wanted a college job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, And you know what, there's no I feel no ill will with him because he came and turned around a program that was down, big time down, and he was a guy that made it better.
Speaker 2: Honestly, to me, it was one of the single greatest coaching jobs I've ever seen, especially for a program like Arizona where, let's face it, Arizona was at of Kansas level at football. Where can't you know historically they were terrible. They were the worst football team in the country. And in three years you went from one and eleven, which wasn't his fault because that's all someone's loss, to five and seven to you know what, if things fell the right way, you were in the college football playoffs and the next they probably would have been if everything came back. That is one of the greatest turnarounds that you've seen in college football.
Speaker 1: You're in dusty old Tucson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And honestly, if he gave them one more year and they had everything in place at the world of IFFs so they get into college football playoffs. You have a jetfish statue outside of Arizona State.
Speaker 1: Like get Carried Away Lewis here for twenty five years and they barely put up his statue. Yeah, but this scenario and the the the pebble in a pond would have got him here, did very well. And then guess where in the next move with Florida Florida which is going to open up, which is the transition for next year.
Speaker 2: Which and he said from the start, I want to be up Florida. Everybody knew that. Or the NFL. Yeah, one more year.
Speaker 1: Right, and he's a young man. That could still happen. He's a young man.
Speaker 2: Timing's kind of line up though, Oh sure, sure of.
Speaker 1: Course you're next, girl friend, tim he has to lie.
Speaker 2: Hi up, we see your outside. What time is it?
Speaker 1: That's time to get out of here? But you know, yeah, timing and circumstances, so we'll.
Speaker 2: See exactly like Dion right now, that Colorado program wasn't going well this year. They've had this breakout year. Florida State's gonna open up. The Dallas Cowboys are opening up.
Speaker 1: Right right, And we already know that he has the d On effect where he can go and sell tickets for not even trying to sell tickets.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, he good coach, I don't think so. But he was, I think, but he was able to get the right transfers this time around, just the right mix. And you have a dual threat, all everything in your son, and you have Travis Hunter, you have a brand, you have an identity, You're able to sell that. And I think the schedule really favored Colorado this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then well guess what, Troy, you play what's in front of you? Phrase for sure and don't screw it up. Yeah, and you'll be fine. Arizona had that mix, had that right in their force, had a favorable schedule, too, favorable schedule. Come on, who didn't have him going seven and five or eight and three or eight and four, whatever it was.
Speaker 2: I thought nine and three with a potential at ten and too. Yeah, what were you drinking?
Speaker 1: But but who wasn't doing thinking that with the guy's back. That's why sports is crazy. And you can't win on paper, no, exactly, you can never win up paper. And and you know I was guilty of it too, because it was like eight I said eight, think it went eight.
Speaker 2: Look at this schedule, yeah, because it was like seven and a half. In Vegas, it was so and half.
Speaker 1: It was eight and a half and seven and a half and moved both faces. If you got eight, that's easy money. Yeah, no, it's toilet money.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure Florida State fans were thinking that they were started off at number ten in the country. Yeah one win, right, I think whatever, one and nine or win whatever.
Speaker 1: With a pretty good quarterback transfer quarterback.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if he's good, but well.
Speaker 1: Now we know that he's not that great. Yeah, you know, but before they srew, everybody wanted him. Yeah, yeah yeah. And the kid from Oregon now the kid.
Speaker 2: From at Oklahoma. It was at Central Florida, Oklahoma, Nowada Oregon.
Speaker 1: So we'll see what happens. They're the great Western hope.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: I don't know how good they are too, but they played Ohio State very well.
Speaker 2: You know what I can see happening because it is Oregon, it's Dan Landing, and it's just how that program runs is they're going to beat in the regular season. They get smacked by Ohio State and the Big Ten championship game, and then they dizzle out in the college football playoffs. Yeah, yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Just real quick before we leave, Kansas is playing Michigan State, tonight or down ten to eight with about twelve minutes left, and then the big game is the Kentucky game. Kentucky and Duke Duke, there should be a lot of fun, said Duke.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's a neutral site for both of these teams tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, is it maybe at the same place State Farms Championship Classic?
Speaker 2: Okay, that should be fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, Arizona goes to do their thing in Wisconsin, and then next week they come here with Duco. Great probably the biggest game conference game, and in god along with the years, I want to say close, but fifteen sixteen years when North Carolina came here, I don't think Sean had any of these big games here.
Speaker 2: Sean had Gonzaga. I mean he did have College Game Day, but it's not the same advicement.
Speaker 1: And then Sean didn't have a great team too at that time.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, not not the Nico when they beat Gonzaga with Stanley Johnson here here, I don't remember that. Yeah, they went into overtime, they went into overtime, remember Gonzaga, I can't remember. And then they had Florida which they went on the buzzer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that wasn't a big game in the top five, top five teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not the same. I get what you're saying. It's not due. It's not North Carolina and South Kansas. The last time I could remember a game like this is when uh and I think it was Kevin O'Neill or Russ Penal because Luke had just retired or stepped down at the time. Was when they beat Kansas and Tucson with Chase Spunninger. They beat in my like twenty five points.
Speaker 1: Are You're taking games that I don't remember and I covered every single one of them in person in a way because we went to fog Gallen, I guess we have to decide if we're going to go to fog Gallen.
Speaker 2: Here in March, right, ready to roll for that? Yeah? Okay, Well,