Speaker 1: Channel nine says today it gotta be cold, high twenty two with mostly cloudy skies. Slick out there this morning, be careful. Overnight low of thirteen with clouds. Tomorrow the flood warning ends at one thirty pm. We'll get some sun at high of thirty down to thirteen overnight with clouds and an a clear day on Saturday with a high of thirty seven thirteen degrees. Now time for traffic from the.
Speaker 2: UCL Tranffic Center. You see healthy. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com, sap pen seventy five or reckon bup two seventy five right hand side. Then the highway is shut down due to an accident near the lateral. That traffic being diverted off of a highway at Paddock northbound seventy one. There's an accident above five first southbound heavy field zirdle to a red bank ingbram On fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty three fifty five krc DE talk station on Time's always Hapy, Tohit Donovan and Neil from the Americans for Prosperity on the program especially, We've got big things coming up. Donovan, Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Brian, always good to be with. You need to get these Trump tax cuts in place permanently, and I always have to observe why they put an end to them when they enact them just blows my mind. Just anyway, here we are with them expiring, and everybody's going to get hit. It's not just tax cuts for the rich, as the left keeps saying. This is really going to hit the middle class very hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, Americans under the four years of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris with Bidenomics, saw their cost of living increased dramatically, Folks paying twelve to fifteen thousand dollars more than under the prior administration. And you know, so inflation's hitting folks hard. But if Congress fills to act their tax bills are going to go up. On average, every America will pay fifteen hundred dollars more. Should the Trump tax cuts of twenty seventeen be allowed to expire at the end of this year, and so there, you know, it's a one two punch Brian from the inflationary you know, so called Hitden tax of out of control government spending, and then a very real visible tax when you file your tax bill between now in April fifteenth, should these expire on your tax bill? So it'll get you from both sides. If Congress doesn't act.
Speaker 1: Soon, well, by doing it through reconciliation, which seems to be the direction they're going to go, they don't need a sixty vote majority in the Senate. They can do it with a simple majority. I've seen different proposals going out there. There's one, you know, comprehensive all under one resolution proposal, and then there's the two step solution. I think Donald Trump's in favor of the former. Do you Is that your understanding as well? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's something that broke in the last twenty four to forty eight hours is you know, the President has said, let's go for the big, beautiful bill, and that's the you know, that's the beauty of the executive They can set that agenda and Donald Trump is more than happy, as you know we all know, to set his Vision seventh agenda and drive towards it. And I think that you know, it makes a lot of sense. Congress. You've got a lot more numbers in Congress. It's a lot more work that Speaker Johnson's got to do to keep that conference together.
Speaker 1: He'll do it.
Speaker 3: But if we can get all this done together, it's what the American people want, and tax cuts are among the most important, at least and most importantly retaining the tax cuts that we have had since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: All right, let's pause. It went a little along with the conger or with the representative of the prior segment. I'll bring you back. We'll talk a few more details on that, and also get a little more information on the upcoming event where I know you're buying dinner for folks to talk about this. So pause, will bring Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity back, and I will mention Cover since I do show every Sunday eight o'clock with John Roman from Cover sinceing and we talk about medical insurance, and you think again, I'm going to tune into that. Actually, it is really enlightening. I've learned so much and John Roman has taught me so much about how there is a better way for everyone to get medical insurance and that's by having a broker working for you, not an insurance company. I bet your employer probably just went with the first major insurance company that came by, and you got like three choices. All of them suck and all of them are really expensive. It doesn't have to work that way with cover. Since he working for you and having access to hundreds of insurance companies and quite literally thousands of different policies, you may end up with a package of layered coverage. And that's great for you because by layering coverage, you can get dollar one coverage for a lot of services. Then you've got your catastrophic kind of coverage, and it's less money, a lot less money. He's saving people forty to sixty percent on premiums, and for small groups, he can improve your business's bottom line while making your employers or employees much happier with better medical coverage that isn't setting them back so much money. That's called employee retention, and in fact, you can use that as a dangling carrot to get the best people to where to work for you, because you can explain to them how great the coverage is and how little they'll pay. It is certainly worth a phone call. It doesn't obligate you to do anything. Let them check and see what you are or who you are, what you've got going on in your world, like you got a family with kids, or maybe you're a little older and the kids moved out. They can address any situation and you will be very pleased with what they can do for you. And then you get the team to continue with you with no additional charge. They'll solve any claim, disputes or problems you've got once you're insured through cover. Since he start the process online, fill the format as comprehensively as possible online at coversincy dot com, or call them up to start the conversation. Five one three eight hundred two two five five that's five one three eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Call fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: This has Ben Bullen from Channel nine says to heay, it's going to be a higher twenty two with cloudy sky's overnight little thirteen with clouds tomorrow's high thirty we'll get some sun as well, and the flood warning ends at one thirty pm overnight partly cloudie thirteen and a high thirty seven on Saturday with clear skies. Excuse me, fourteen degrees. Now time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Tramping Centery. You see Health, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com. Southbound seventy five is shut down. All tramping being diverted off of the highway at Paddock. Backing up now through the lock whe split southbound seventy one. That's an extra twenty minutes field turtle down to Red Bank northbound seventy five heavy from Donaldson into downtown Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRE see the talk.
Speaker 1: Station SIF five KRCD talk station Brian Thomas, W. Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity talking about extending the Donald Trump tax cuts, the tax cuts and jobs at TCJA and DONOVD. What about all the screams in whaling and nashing teeth. People say, oh my god, we need to get more taxes into the government because they overspend, and you know, the deficits getting bigger and bigger. That's called a problem, but it also ignores the reality that by lowering taxes, more tax revenue ends up flowing into government because we engage in more economic activity with the money we get to keep.
Speaker 3: That's absolutely right, That's that's what happened when we did. Every time we've cut taxes, the government has found a way has ended up with more money. Why because a couple of different things. One, compliance costs go down, right, and so folks are it's easier for them to actually pay what they owe the government, and the government gets you know, what it deserves. I suppose I still think it's too much, but they get it, and you know, so the compliance costs of filing taxes go down. You also see folks spending that money in other parts of the economy. Right, So we're not talking about eliminating all taxes here. We're not even talking about eliminating the federal income tax, although I'm a fan of that. We're just talking about making a little less burden some for folks so they can choose where to spend their money. Whereas it than bureaucrats like the folks at USAID are at rest in peace now being able to spend that money on wacky projects around the world. It's real simple, it's real straightforward. It has a tangible impact on the livelihoods of working class Americans and Ohioans when government lowers those taxes and keeps those rates as low as possible.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, going back to I think what we can describe as our own worst enemy is a lot of the Republicans aren't in favor of cutting the amount of spending coming out of federal government. That's why I'm a little worried about this reconciliation package because you know, not in my state. If you cut that, then my state's going to suffer. And it's like, well, sucks to be you. It's time for some belt tightening, you know.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, absolutely right, absolutely right, And I think part of that belt tightening is not feeding the beast anymore money, right, and getting keeping the tax rates low so that you know, we can we can then begin to have the conversation, although that's already happening with things like the DOGE and what Donald Trump is doing to get the executive branch back back in line. But you can't. You shouldn't be given that beast more money. DC doesn't need more of our hard earned money. And then we also need to be having the conversation about what Congress appropriates it's two sides of the same coin, Brian, equally important. But we shouldn't we shouldn't let the desire to get the deficit down keep us from allowing folks to retain more their hard earned money by simply keeping the Trump tax cuts permanent.
Speaker 1: Right, And if they actually you know, if the tax cuts went up and that actually really effectively brought more money into government because the rates hire which we just talked about, that it doesn't, then they need to stop spending and cut back the percentage amount of money they spend so that we can start dealing with the deficit rather than keep continuing to fund all these programs, which is what happens every time. You know, it's the only thing they tinker with is our tax rates, but they never tinker with their spending. Do you have any hope that this reconciliation bill can actually get through?
Speaker 2: Donovan?
Speaker 3: I think it has to get through or Republicans are going to lose control in Washington, the Democrats will be back in power. And I think we're in a way, you know, not only that, right, it's not only just about the political dynamics in Washington, but it's the future of our country. The reconciliation package is about retaining the tax cuts, it's about undoing the disastrous Green Energy New Deal policies of the Biden Harris administration. Uh. And it's about getting this country funding border security for for our border patrol agents so we can have a secure country. It's it's it's a lot more than just a reconciliation package.
Speaker 1: This is what.
Speaker 3: Folks campaigned on and made promises about to earn votes back in November. They need to get this done. And if we don't get it done sometime by the summer, it's going to be real hard to see it happen this Congress.
Speaker 1: That is a frightening prospect. Well, the timing couldn't be better. With with revelations coming from the Department of Governmental Efficiency about you know, ten million dollars for voluntary circumcisions and Mozambique. You know, you get enough stories like that circulating and they actually get traction on the internet and people start paying attention like wait a second, I'm working for what and demand it. Well, they take less money out of our pockets, so these programs necessarily have to go away, which shouldn't have been funded in the first place. Now You've got a big event coming up February twenty six, next Thursday, at the farm. I understand you're buying dinner.
Speaker 3: Well, Americans for Prosperities buying dinner. I'll be there enjoying dinner with folks and talking about this topic, talking about tax cuts and jobs.
Speaker 1: I really excited to.
Speaker 3: Be there with the folks, George Brenneman and the Restore Liberty crew talking about that. And I hear it's a good crowd. You've you've been a speaker there. Do they get a good turnout?
Speaker 1: I haven't been over to the farm on the West Side for one of these events, so no, it's I'm about forty five minutes away where I live relative to the farm, and because I get up at two thirty in the morning, it really presents a challenge for me to actually speak at events like this, so I won't be able to be there. The door do open at five point thirty, and of course the food is from the farm. That's the West Side legend, Donovan. Everybody knows about the farm and the meeting begins at seven pm, but they're going to be doing a live recording of the podcast during the dinner, so you'll be able to enjoy that and then talk about this with Americans for Prosperity again, picking up the tab for your wonderful meal. Appreciate you doing that, Donovan, And I'm sure you get a lot of people showing up for it, and they'll get to learn something, and then you'll have a whole bunch of citizen activists who can start pressuring their elected officials to get the job done.
Speaker 3: That's the idea. We'll get them, We'll get a fire up, we'll connect them with equipment, with the facts and information, and then we're going to have some called action to get people doing making that push right there, and then that evening wonderful.
Speaker 1: Just Trecker has got a link on my blog page fifty five Carcy dot com at the information about the meeting again the farm. Is it Wednesday or Thursday?
Speaker 3: Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Wednesday the twenty sixth, I apologize, I think it's a Thursday over Wednesday evening again. Doors open at five point thirty Donovan. Good luck with the meeting and keep up the great work of the Americans for Prosperity. It's always a pleasure having on the program seven to forty five right now, fifty five KC detalk station, and I get the opportunity now to steer you in the right direction. Steer your imported automobile either from Asia or Europe or traditionally so to Foreign Exchange west Chester location by steering it either up or down. I seventy five, taking the Tyllersville exit and go east two streets and hanging right on Kinglind where you will see it in front of you. Foreign Exchange Westchester Location, where Austin and his outstanding crew will take wonderful care of you, and they will fix your car to your satisfaction. You will leave with a full warranty on parts and service. Why would you take it to Foreign Exchange rather than the dealer, because you're not going to pay as much money, a sizeable difference in price, and it's all great work done by outstanding sc C certified Master technicians. I've been going there for years and years. I've saved a lot of money. I'm thinking it to Foreign Exchange. It's the right thing to do. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. To them, Brian said, I when you make an appointment, please five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. To learn more online, go to foreign X, That's Foreign The Letter, X dot com fifty five KRC