Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery broadcast.
Speaker 2: If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn. With your host, Corey Winfield, you know how you know fish as bad as you can't put it on pizza.
Speaker 1: And special guests.
Speaker 3: Justin Burke I said something about that to our master radio broadcaster and he said that even hear nothing.
Speaker 1: And Mitchell O'Brien, I think to introduce people, you should tell them a little bit about a little bit about ourselves.
Speaker 2: Got your ass. It is the eleventh of October twenty twenty four. My name's Corey Winfield, I'm.
Speaker 1: Justin Burke, and I am Mitchell O'Brien.
Speaker 2: It's a fun friday here at two seventeen Recovery. It's an early morning. We have a fire warning in Traverse City. You guys aware of this no fire warning fire warning told me about it yesterday about four o'clock in the afternoon. It's my little thing that looks like a ball that I can talk to. If I say the name right now, it'll say what. So I'm not gonna say the name. But it was flashing yellow, so I said, hey, thang, what's my notifications? And I said, there's a fire warning in effect for tomorrow from eight am to eight pm, And I thought, what the what? How does that thing know there's gonna be a fire in Taris City tomorrow? So I asked it for the numbers. I was like, Hey, what's a lot of numbers for tomorrow? I cannot tell you that. I was like, stupid, Yess, you can just choose not to y Yeah, we have a fire warning, so hope you hopefully you guys are all prepared. You actually live in Interlock in Mitchell about twenty minutes justin you live in Williamsburg.
Speaker 3: Ye had the opposite direction, Yeah, nine out by you about halfway from the office to your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I don't know if you're down wind or upwind to go outside and put our finger in our mouth and stick it in the air. Now used to do when you play baseball, blowing out your upwind from him?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: You check the flags and be like, yep, take some like grass and throw it up in the air. So I would do when I kick field goals, I just like, where's it going on that way? Okay? I was never a field goal kicker, but that's what I would do if I was even in a dome. I'd be like picking up throwing it up, all right. So if I missed it up, like I just didn't judge it right, because there is air circulating in here, I would do like some scientific thing. So justin Williams, Whre. Yeah, depends on what you were the winds bown really because you are close enough to get some of the flames.
Speaker 1: Windsbro in uh west to east. So yeah, he's the furthest east northeast a little bit.
Speaker 2: And yeah, my residence is in Traverse City, so I'm worried. I warned my wife about it today. I was like, honey, don't try to grab everything. You know, something happens. But I wonder like, is it gonna be like downtown fire, because it not be fine? Like who's set in the fire?
Speaker 1: Like Archie, are you traverse or you act me? Really? Right on that edge right next to the bay. Yeah, so you got a lot of water right there. I think you're gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I live where them rich people live. Sorry, our eight story condo, the elevator studio in the basement theater. Only about half that's true. That's all right though, I'll get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you guys heard me talking about how I'm gonna make a movie one day and blah blah blah blah. Yeah, well, I bought some books. I started like listening to like audio books and podcasts and whatever. And then I decided to actually take a class at interlock In Center for the Arts and they had a filmmaking class film production, film editing, and script writing. And yeah, it was only like a month course. I think this is the last week of it. And usually I've been spending my Sunday morning has been getting a bout like six and coming down to the basement and like just working on it, which kind of sucks because I'm not I'm putting only like twenty three percent of my effort into it. But I'm looking at it like I'm still learning things that are going to help me. And we're going to shoot our short film very soon, within the week or two. And I think that's it's a perfect thing for wanting to make a movie, you know. And I was talking with the instructor about it, and his name is Darren and he was in the movie The Outsiders and he was in other movies too, but he knows what he's doing and he's really cool and He understands that I have a full time job, I have a wife, I have a child. You know, like it's not like back in the day when I was going to school or taking classes where I got to pass this or take the next one. It's like, Okay, we'll do what you can. Because I told him, it's like, I have a script in mind and we've been kind of working through it for like a full length movie, and I was like, but I don't really want to jump into that until I can do the short film because I can do that and thenocus on the movie and write it and kind of do all that stuff. And he really like that approach of it, you know. He's like, oh yeah, and then if you can do a killer short film, you know, something that just looks great and has emotion to it and feeling and you have, oh, and this is my script for the other movie I want to make. He's like, you'll find funding. He's like, you pull them heart strings. Pull them heart strings. That opens wallets. And I was like, oh okay. He's like, you hit them emotions, and if you do that right with your short film, you'll be setting yourself up self up for some real success.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: Nice So is there short from going to be like a trailer to the actual movie.
Speaker 2: No, oh nope, don't have anything to do with each other. But I'm adding like little details in the short film that.
Speaker 1: So they are in the same universe. Yes, now that there's like the the Marvel universe, DC universe and different shows happened and the same you know time whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, be the addiction movie guy.
Speaker 1: You gotta do something like Pixar does, where there's always something from like your past in a room or scene or something like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're for telling of something like Easter.
Speaker 2: Eggs what they call him, right, yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like I think it was Pixar where like the address or something from their very first studio or office ever is on like addresses in the movie or plaques on the wall, and it's just like hidden in there. I can't that's not exactly what it is, but it's something like that. Did they do little stuff from like their history that nobody knows, you know?
Speaker 2: So it'll be the same bacha bottle when every film I'm gonna make, Justin get sick on water, Like no, Justin, you gotta chug it again. Now. But there's there's really not.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, that's kind of funny because I can't even puke.
Speaker 2: Oh that would be funny. We need your puke and justin Yeah, that's no, go, no, we're not doing any of that.
Speaker 1: I have like a hose next to his face on the side and only shoot him from the other side. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I asked you, Mitch to help with camera works. I think that'll be fun and give you kind of something to dick around with, you know, and it should be good. You know, the more people we get involved, I think the better it will be. And one thing I did learn through this film class too, and I think this is back in my iHeart media days where you just had to do everything yourself, and so I became accustomed to if you need it done, you go do it yourself. But I'm not trying to do lighting. I'm not trying to do like I mean, there's so many different aspects of making a movie and you go get funding and then you hire people who are professional lighters and different things, and a cinematographer and camera people you know, like some of it. Yeah, it can be fun to do on your own like this, the short film. I think it'll be fun. But it's just one of those things where you do have to rely on other people, and there are professionals who get paid to do that, and it's it's just like a whole gang of people, you know. And I said to him, like Steven Spielberg, he doesn't like shoot the movie and edit it and do all this other stuff.
Speaker 1: And there's not the guy in the dinosaur costume.
Speaker 2: No, But if you were to ask me, I'd be like, well, I gotta go get a costume. I gotta get in it.
Speaker 1: How am I going to build his robot dinosaur?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be stupid. And he's like yeah, He's like Steven Spielberg has a crew that he works with pretty much every time, you know, and and everybody getting paid. And I'm like, that's what I want, Like this, everybody getting paid and.
Speaker 1: Then when they screw up, you get to be like you're fired. Yeah, like take Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's also making it seem more realistic and it doesn't seem as hard or as far away as it once was. Yeah, that makes sense, which I guess is good. I mean, that's the point of taking these classes and getting to the goal of making this.
Speaker 1: But it's a good example of when we talk to people about setting goals, and you know, you set a goal like I want to buy a house. Okay, well you just got sober and your credit score is three forty seven. You owe thirteen thousand dollars to seven different places? How are you going to go buy house? And you had to cut it up into smaller goals to get there. Yeah, you know, and that's what you're doing. You're living it, and it's.
Speaker 2: Cool, realistic, you know, because is just gonna set I'm gonna make a movie one day. Okay, how you're just gonna make a movie. You're gonna go outside, just make a movie, like how you know, it's got to be something you can follow up with. And some people would say, well, that's unrealistic, Corey. You don't know any movie people. And there's a lot of haters out there. There's a lot of a lot of people that would love to see you fail at things. But as long as you have a plan in your head. Because yeah, that guy with the three forties then three forty seven, Ye, that's a seven and a four in there.
Speaker 1: I didn't know they got that low.
Speaker 2: They do, I don't know. Yeah, we all know we've been there. But even that person could buy a house one day. Yeah, you know it's unrealistic. He could buy it next month right or even next year.
Speaker 3: But probably five years down the road he can definitely, I don't think that long.
Speaker 2: It depends if that thirteen grand falls off his credit.
Speaker 1: Report or not. Well, there's steps that you need to take. Yeah, And it's like, because we know people who have been who have been like, you know, I'm gonna go do this and I'm gonna get on TV and I'm gonna interview people and I'm gonna blah blah.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna starting a podcast to be famous and rich.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, but you also you have also experienced somebody come to you when you're starting a big thing that we're sitting in right now and say, I don't think this is gonna work. And that was a person that wasn't he wasn't just a hater. He had a little bit of experience. And here we are more than a year later, and just it's been growth.
Speaker 2: After growth after growth after growth.
Speaker 1: Progress, and you know, there's been speed mosts along the way and challenges, but you've figured it out. And then that person has literally come back to you and said I want piece of pie. Yeah I was wrong. I guess some ideas. Let me help you, and now they're now they're helping us out, you know. Yeah. So it's like just it's it's inspiring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool. Man, can't wait to make the movie. Things would be good. And I'm still having a hard time balancing the family life and all that and oh my god, I should say it for the Recovery Dad's podcast. But last night, yeah said the house was haunted.
Speaker 1: Oh what's up? Well, I wanted to talk about death a little bit. So okay, go go for what I want to.
Speaker 2: We have to so justin after I talked about this because I wanted to be back to backstories. You'll understand why. So just and you have to talk about something after I talk about this, Okay, you a buffer between stories. Page two, so page one. All right. So last night, Marny are laying in bed and Parker loves this little show called Paul Patrol. Paul Patrol. Like he hears that, he's like instantly head whips the TV. And so I was like, Parker, I'm gonna buy you like a little Paw Patrol dial, you know, and something that's cute that you can eat because he loves to eat everything. Slabbery everywhere to him and the cat. I don't understand why the cat slabber is everywhere, but that's gross and I hate him. I'm not a fan of cats anymore since my Yeah, it just trimmed my back on all cats now, like whatever cat, Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Like I'm trying to laying next to night and I'm like, well, I'm just slabber all over, Like what are you doing, dude? What is good? It doesn't make sense, but anyway, so I'm like looking at it, like what you when you think? And she's like, oh, that one has big ears. I'll love to eat those. I'm like okay, And then we hear this the hell and Marney looks at Parker's like, oh my gosh. I'm like that's a little spit up. It sounded like puke it before she could say it is. And I'm like, oh my god, we can get them up and just puked him like what the hell? And we fed him like or Martie fed him some like bananas or something that we bought from the store, and I'm like, how old was it you know. She's like, well, it was from yesterday and I just put it back in the fridge and it can be in there for two days. I'm like, can it? Did we even check the expiration when we bought that shit? You know? And she's like, oh no, the stores are they they stuck and they throw something like honey, no, they don't. You know, like I've seen some beef jerky at the store before that mold in it that they don't know, and that baby food could have been sitting there for.
Speaker 1: Who knows how long little preserved affects, and you know, yeah, so you've had some perceived paranormal activity in this dwelling place. When he was spitting up, which you made sound projectile like.
Speaker 2: It wasn't projected, but it was. It was coming out.
Speaker 1: I had spin around.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for it because before we put him in to bed and put him in our bed, I was changing his diaper and he was all everything cool, everything cool. I'm like, yeah, poopy booty, you know, doing my thing, and he was laughing and just immediately went to crying, and I'm like, Marny walks. He was like, what is going on? Like I don't know, and maybe he had a headache or maybe something happened. I don't know, but I said to Marning, I'm like, maybe he's seeing a ghost or something. And I had like this creepy, creepy feeling, like just overwhelmed me when that happened, and because it didn't make any sense for him to go like from dark to light immediately, you know, like it just it was such a switch that I was just like, wait, what hmm, yeah, and listen to our last Recovery Dance podcast and you can hear more of the story about Haunted House. But yeah, that was a little creepy. But just had that first throw up and then Marty changes the sheets. I'm sitting with them here. It comes round too, but I'm like, oh god, no, I get him up and get him off the bed and didn't get in on it. But it just it was scary, man. It was scary, like all night long, just like on pins and needles, like what's wrong?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Marty count was the same way.
Speaker 1: I think that's natural.
Speaker 2: Has a feeling, yeah, but I'm like googling it. He didn't have a fever, so I guess that's a good thing. And he was like smiling afterward, you know, likes only and then it felt better. Yeah, and then we looked at We looked up too, and then it said that if his belly, his little belly was full, you know, because the food sits in there different and he's probably a little young for solid food, like I think some doctors say six months. He's four months in a couple of weeks, and we're just giving them a little bit. It's just like bananas and pears and stuff like that and prunes just to see. It's like, is he allergic to it?
Speaker 1: Or what's a lot of fiber too.
Speaker 2: It's something he's not used to with his little belly isn't used to it. It's the food's down there. And then he because I fed them at like seven, and then Martie fed him again at like eight thirty or nine, and then in between that it was the baby food and.
Speaker 1: Well he's somewhat teething kind of right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The doctor's on Google so that they can never find a correlation. The pinpoint really this teething caused babies to throw up.
Speaker 1: So what I heard is that it causes them to drool more. Oh yeah, because it's in their gums and so the saliva helps protect and heal and whatever. As their teeth are breaking through their gums and so they naturally swallow it and that's not good for their tummies. So that's what they were saying, you know, almost fifteen years ago when I was going through that, so it's almost that's over a decade and a half ago. So who knows what they're believeing now.
Speaker 2: But I could see where that would make sense though. Bit, but this could be.
Speaker 1: Like a little bit of a jumble of things, you know, a little bit of extra spit in the gut, a little bit of fiber.
Speaker 2: That he's not used to is to fold little belly. Satan showed up, so that scared him, and then Satan was like watch this.
Speaker 1: And then you were like, oh, we got the heap of bbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was. It was weird. It's kind of like the same when I whipped out the recorder before you got that voice. It's just like something's not right here. He went from screaming crying that time to like, hey, what's up, smiling at nothing, and this he wasn't looking at me either. He was kind of looking over me and just crying like ah, like just scared right when two seconds before he was playing and laughing and then poopy Booty song that he was dancing and hmmm, and just went to like like looking over him, like I said, over my shoulder, because we have him on the stresser and a little changing pad and so he can look at me or whatever, and he's looking.
Speaker 1: Over Maybe it was the same thing that he saw before, but the first time he was like, hey, this is kind of cool. And now he's like, my dad won't stop talking about this. Get here.
Speaker 2: You broke the code you told your father, just a real mean to him, be a real dick, kicking the toys off him. Fuck.
Speaker 1: You wake up in the morning and all his toys are opposite corner away.
Speaker 2: From me in the trash. You throw his toilet, My fate too, and this toys are in the trash. What was going on.
Speaker 1: That trying to light his toys on fire?
Speaker 2: It's so funny. Yeah, go back and listen to the last Recovery Dds episode Recovery dds dot com and you'll get caught up if you haven't listened to that one yet. So justin whoa sleeping bear? Let us sleep? Yeah, I weren't on podcast Friday morning just came out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: He wants to talk about exhaustion. Yeah, it's a real thing, man.
Speaker 3: Like I tried staying up watching the football game last night because my tight end was in there, and yeah, it's kind of sorry, but I ended up falling asleep, like really early, but the night before, like, I'm gonn't go to sleep. That's up till like three thirty four o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Your explanation of the football game totally does not Dick pick. The way that game went.
Speaker 3: I was sorry, sorry, that was a sorry game out. I almost texted you at like nine o'clock I hate the forty nine ers and was like, man, this game is so sorry right now.
Speaker 2: Especially when my running back got hurt. I'm like, three weeks in a row, my guy's getting hurt. I lost like the number one wide receiver twice in a row. Rice was number one, Collins was number one.
Speaker 3: And now you're running back as backup came in into it all right.
Speaker 2: I really had that one good run. The rest of the time he was just running into booties.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to deal with fantasy football.
Speaker 2: Which won't trade me, which doesn't want Mitch doesn't want the trades.
Speaker 1: I needed him.
Speaker 2: He's been not needed the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I know, but he's finally like not hurt?
Speaker 2: Is he that time trading? To me? Everybody on my bench is hurt.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Eagles are going to go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Really, you think they don't like that coach. I don't think they're going to play for him. I think they want to see him fired. And they're like, oh, they're calling Aaron Rodgers. Wait, how do you get a coach fired again?
Speaker 3: You just don't huggle my national television put your hand in their chest, like, yeah, don't do that to me, dude, Like, what are.
Speaker 2: You shooting evil glaers even when you're winning.
Speaker 1: I learned and recover that your emergency is not my emergency, and so if I want to keep my player on my fantasy football team, besides, I'm up against number one.
Speaker 2: This week, and you need a running back and you don't have one trying to help you out. You need a running back at like four of them. Two of them aren't even hurt.
Speaker 1: He's a running back dealer in this league.
Speaker 2: Nobody's buying, you know.
Speaker 3: He said to me though, yesterday about that he's like Dobbins has done nothing over the past two three.
Speaker 2: Looking at the game my week, and then he had a good defense he went up against. Yeah he's got I'm going to need him now apparently, so never mind, thanks.
Speaker 3: Because he's actually a really good running back. He just went up against a couple of hard teams.
Speaker 2: And it happens, especially after bye week. I wanted to start him over Jacobs this week, but I was like, at that draft capital, Well, then Jesse keeps.
Speaker 1: He just I don't know if he does this with everybody, but he keeps enemy trades, enemy trades, send me, There's so many. But then before I can even get in look at.
Speaker 2: Him, he cancels because he drops the player they was trying to break, right, I've never seen this before, Like this is why they have caps on how many moves you can make, because I can set that as a commissioner, how many moves you can make, and they usually will tell you. But I think he's done so many that it just stops. And it's hard to even look at the waiver wire. Hey, who drops I'm not looking at that because eight of them are Jesse dropping and picking up some of the same players it's just irritating, and I'm just like, I don't even care, man, I.
Speaker 1: I enjoy it. I think it's great we have you know, It's like it's like when you're in schools there's every person, like every kid in your friend group. Is that like personality trade that sets him apart?
Speaker 2: He's the dropper then my man, my man George, And if you listen to this podcast, this is gonna do you a solid does not know how to use FAB and he's probably just kicking himself.
Speaker 3: That that's cool that he don't know how to use fab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he never gets the players he wants. And he's probably like, how come I never get the players I want? It's because you're not using your fan George. Yeah, you don't get the one hundred dollars back. It's fake hundred. Okay, because.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about that too, but I don't want to talk about it too much. And nobody gets any ideas.
Speaker 3: Miss don't use his fab neither though there's nobody who needs perfect.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me that I was. I told him I was going to use my fab. He's like, nah, I don't do it that way. He just uses like a little bit just a little bit. I was like, I need this. So I just went, Okay, I'm going to roll the dice and if that one doesn't work, I'll get this other one. And so that gotta be making some moose. There's bi weeks out there for stuff. Yeah sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody wants to see me win because I'm the commissioner and because I'm Cory.
Speaker 1: I have zero fab.
Speaker 3: Your wife has zero fab.
Speaker 2: I got a little bit of fab.
Speaker 1: Would rather see you win twenty six than who I'm up against. Well, I know that's not gonna happen, but.
Speaker 2: I'll higher power to pick. It was one of Adam thinks about that.
Speaker 1: I don't just I don't know. You should get him on real quick. I need I just need a couple of wins. I'm up there in points. I really am, Well what did we say? I was six or seven or five? I can't even remember what it was like. I am I am playoff worthy in points five? And then you're like, well, we don't do about points because that's no fun.
Speaker 2: I'm like, forget it would be for me. It's just not fun. And we do have Adam, Adam, what do you think about Mitch not wanting you to win.
Speaker 4: Dude, that my son was god like. They're like, she that shouldn't have happened like it. I don't know how you know what I mean, but exactly what you mean?
Speaker 1: We told him that time and then thinks, Adam, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Adam seems good though. Yeah, he does.
Speaker 3: Got a pretty good solid team.
Speaker 2: I'm right, I don't know. You never know, man, never know. I just wanted to know what one of my players is gonna get hurt next week.
Speaker 1: Let's go look at your team. I'll call it up right.
Speaker 2: So, so you're talking about death.
Speaker 1: So I have a question for you, guys, and it's loosely related to death. Did if you could pick one unconventional song to play at your funeral? What would it be? I already have an answer. There's so many good answers for this. I wasn't going to answer first because I didn't want to. I'm playing it at my funeral. It's going to play like you put it in your will. I'm dead, right, but you haven't played at your like you put in your will. At my funeral, I want this song played. That's a that's not crazy. My grandma did that. She wanted this guy that she knew to sing a song to put it in there, and so we've made that happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the top of my head. I mean, I'd probably spend a couple of years thinking about this.
Speaker 1: Hopefully I have the time. I like the spur of the moment reactions.
Speaker 2: Would I go with my favorite song or when I go with something I would want to reflect my life this?
Speaker 1: So the question is possibly something inappropriate that you think would be funny.
Speaker 2: Oh that's how people answer it. Okay, So that's what you're looking for, something funny and inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, less on the serious side.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that changes things, I guess. All right, so let's all think about this. If you're listening, what song would you want played? Which song do you think? Crazy bitch pops in my head? But that's a good thing that's inappropriate.
Speaker 1: That one hasn't been brought up yet when I've asked people this, So mine is my I didn't want to answer first to give you guys ideas, but my my first one because I think I'm gonna have a whole playlist, But the first one is Circle of Life from The Lion King. Yep, it's gonna be people will walking and that's what's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Playing Mighty Jungle? Is that the right?
Speaker 1: So? No, it's the one that was so bad the very beginning of the movie. That one.
Speaker 3: The circle of.
Speaker 1: That one.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a little bit more Elton Johnny right, isc of Life or whatever. Move so.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't even know the real worlds. But that's when the monkey takes a little baby lion, puts them up and hangs them over to the edge Michael Jackson style.
Speaker 2: She didn't go Diddy style, No style.
Speaker 1: No, that's for behind closed doors. But then you know, you can get you can get fun with it. And Highway to Hell is another one that's perfect. Yeah, I'm gonna say running with the Devil. That's a good one. That's a good one that hasn't been brought up yet. Stair Stairway to Heaven there is another one.
Speaker 2: That's a lady do you who know who saw that glittersis cold? I having fun today.
Speaker 1: I said I wanted Highway to Hell and Stairway to Heaven one right after the other, because that it keeps people guessing, you know, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Which one is? Yeah, maybe he's in the jungle.
Speaker 1: You know, we eat the zebra, and then the zebra, you know, we become the dirt, and the dirt becomes the grass, and then the zebra eats us. Obviously. Yeah, it was Disney Kids. So mhmm, you don't got nothing other than crazy bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just don't think that would make sense. I would now probably have to say, there's a song and I can't remember sings that Mitch, you know it goes I was, I should probably use the effects because I don't want this in my voice. I was getting some head. I was getting getting some head. I was getting some head. I was getting some head. Probably that song you think that would be well, it depends on the comes walking in. I was getting someone.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, my dad is like that was his life appropriate that.
Speaker 2: It's why I don't talk to him, talked to him in twenty years.
Speaker 1: My goal is to like have that you know, everybody has like an uptight aunt or mom or grandma or something. I don't you don't, No, Nope, everybody does, but for them to come to the funeral and then be.
Speaker 2: Like like, oh.
Speaker 1: This is so inappropriate. But then have like my inner circle of friends being like the ones that actually made it happen. I think it's hilarious, Like he went out with a laugh. You know, so you think your ans are gonna outlive.
Speaker 2: You, you gotta be there.
Speaker 1: I didn't think I was gonna make it to thirty seven years old. So yeah, every day is a blessing.
Speaker 2: You get forty six, woo, that is over the hill. If you make it.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of days. You gotta get through many.
Speaker 3: A lot of diabetes.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That was kind of rude.
Speaker 2: No, it's a real thing. I guess what happens to people. I was thinking about this because we were in this meeting thing the other day I think it was it was it's called the Grand Traverse ARC gt ARC is what it's called. It used to be the Grand Grand Traverse Drug Free Coalition, but they changed it to GARC. Some on the board of that, and they had this presentation. They're talking about ACES, which is I'm not good with I know what you're talking about. It's but pretty mu childhood trauma. They call it ACES because it's something child experiences or adolescent some maybe it's trauma from childhood. And they were talking about how you know, kids will turn to drugs and this and that, and if they have the ACE score it's really high, then they have a higher chance. And I'm just like, okay, maybe, but I mean they did a store on it, you know, so it has to be right. But it started thinking like, is that why kids like candy?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Is that really the introduction to the dopamine?
Speaker 3: M M.
Speaker 2: But I didn't want to go through this conversation with a bunch of people on zoom, so I was just like, no, I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 1: This, sugar addiction is real, Yeah, very real.
Speaker 2: So by giving like my son, Parker, you did good today, Let's go get some ice cream? Is that leading him down the road to feel good? Celebrate? Here you go, and you know you go from sugar to beard a cigarette? Well, I went from ice cream probably in candy cigarettes. When I was five I went my first cigarette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my grandma was a gummy bear dealer.
Speaker 2: Damn she had a duldn't have a chance. Your ACE score should have been through the roof.
Speaker 1: But it was actually because I took it. I remember I took it when I was in early recovery with my therapist at my recovery program that I was in, and I went back and talked to my mom about it later, and which was a mistake because she was like, that wasn't how that. That's not how that. I was like, this is my test that I may answer.
Speaker 2: Saying that stuff.
Speaker 1: My mom was like, oh, that wasn't that bad. I was like, but did it happen? I'm like, the question is, have you ever had a parent or somebody hate you punch a wall or throw something across the room. Yes, yes, that happened to me. You know. It's like, okay, I can lie for you and my assessment and then you know, but whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I think that plays a role in there too. And I do think childhood trauma is it's a huge part of it. But you know, I also think introducing kids to sugar and stuff like that is the first real start of it all. You know, people are like, that's okay, way drug when they talk about smoking or vaping or whatever, but I think sugar should be on there is a gateway drug.
Speaker 3: And then like certain dyes to become very addictive. I've seen a lot of studies on that, like certain red dyes, a yellow dye too, it becomes very addictive. And then like if they don't have it, like they like start spasing out.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you if you have some meow die with you no.
Speaker 1: Mountain because because.
Speaker 3: Because most countries have out those dyes where we haven't yet.
Speaker 2: It's all about that money. Son in America, don't you love it?
Speaker 3: For the most part, for the most part. But you know, when we look at our food that we eat compared to other countries, like our ingredient list is a mile long. Other countries are like very few ingredients.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but their food can't it in your fridge for seven months and still be okay.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm cool with it only lasts a few days.
Speaker 2: Well, this bar it's called pure protein.
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 2: I think we get them from Yeah, pure protein. Can't you lie?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Pure protein?
Speaker 1: This is?
Speaker 2: This should be what would one hundred percent protein in here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ingredients? Yeah, say protein.
Speaker 2: And then right next to his twenty grams, you're like.
Speaker 3: Wait what and two hundred calories and three grams of.
Speaker 2: Something centurated fat three point five total fat, five grams sugar.
Speaker 1: Alcohol saturate is fat? I don't believe in.
Speaker 2: That panetary fiber two eighteen carbs twenty grams of protein, But it's pure protein, which is only eight thirty eight percent protein.
Speaker 1: So it's it reminds me of a conversation and my dad with my dad a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're saying the protein's pure.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe that's not what it implies, right, But he said that he drinks Sunny de Light because it's one hundred percent vitamin C. And I was like, father, that's a rock. Vitamin C is a mineral that that would be a rock out of oranges. There's vitamin C in Sunny Delight. It's actually a high source of it, but there's also a lot of other things and stuff that's not very healthy for you in there because it's not fully juice there.
Speaker 2: Sugar like orange isn't really good.
Speaker 3: It's the selling point of Sunny Delights one vitamin C. That's a selling point, but it doesn't tell you that the five ingredients blow it and give you cancer.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred percent of your daily value of vitamin C. Drink the right amount.
Speaker 2: Like, I take a drink of this and that's one hundred percent vitamin C.
Speaker 1: He was, this is one hundred percent vitamin C. I was like, where's the vitamin C sunny Delight spring. They drink three.
Speaker 2: Cups of that because that's the serving Dad, And then how much sugar is in there? Yeah, twenty eight grams or probably fifty per serving, And you.
Speaker 1: Think, wow, okay, Yeah, he wasn't hearing it because he can't teach him things. But I was just like it was. It was fun for me because I know what vitamin C is. It's mineral and it it comes from a you know, it's pure form. If I was to have a this much vitamin C, it would be a rock, like that's what it is. So yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of there's a glistering in this. There's oil, a bunch of wave protein concentrates.
Speaker 1: I like way protein though.
Speaker 2: There's calcium carbonate, cocoa, butterfat, you gum.
Speaker 1: Is it cocoa or cocao? This is cocoa.
Speaker 2: There's a difference cocoa cocoa, which is how you spell cocoa. Like if you name a gorilla cocoa, I think you leave the A off of it. But if you're gonna have a nice cup of hot coco, you're gonna put the air on it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad we start talking about this because this has been bothering me. Coconuts, coconuts, coconuts. They are not chocolate nor nuts at all, no different name tree nuts because they're from a tree, processed trenuts.
Speaker 2: That's what this hasn't it. But coconuts are from a tree yea, So maybe that's why they're called the nut. Because nuts, or is there any nuts come from the ground peanuts that these peanuts are from the ground. But I think they are technically classified as lo doomes.
Speaker 1: Which was more like a bean. But I don't know. I just don't like. I don't like coll them coconuts coconut. I think they should taste like chocolate if we're gonna call them coconut. That's my hot take.
Speaker 3: So coconuts tastes like chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cocoa hot cocoa like it's right in the beginning of the name cocoa cocoa nuts, Like, don't we playing, I'm gonna stick a straw on that thing and expect some chocolate milk.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have a though, right, So it's more like cocoa. The granilla, granilla, gorilla, gorilla.
Speaker 1: I never tasted the gorilla, so maybe that's what.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it was just named cocoa, probably after cocoa nuts. Maybe not coca. It comes from chocolate, which has nothing. What doesn't make any sense? What the coca bean? Yeah, some hot coca. And then they started to just start referring to it as coca. But then, like I said, we can, we can go to Gaylard and have some hot coca. I still think we should coca, like you said, because it sounds like it's Hawaiian. Yeah, yeah, a little cocoa in there, Mount Cocoa. Let's changed the way people talk. It's a movement.
Speaker 1: I was hearing, Uh, these guys talking to podcast about planet the Funny One Venus. No, yes, they won't call it uranus and they won't call it uranus. He goes, uranus is your butt? Uranus is p He's like, so they call it uranus because it's the Greek way to say it or something. I don't know, but it was interesting because I want to find a planet and then I want to name it. I think you can do that or is that a star? That star star? We could do a star like.
Speaker 2: I did that before.
Speaker 1: We need to do a two seventy recovery star.
Speaker 2: I think we did did we or something. I can't remember. There was something and I don't even remember if I think it was Marti and I or something, or maybe I had a brilliant idea to do it and then then it I don't remember. It was like name a star after you, man.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to star. I'm going to name and then I want to do that by a square foot of Scotland so I can become a sir or whatever, sir Mitchell lord, become a lord for owning land in Scotland. Damn do that?
Speaker 2: What if it's cheap, I don't think it is. I think I looked at it before. It's just a square foot. You can buy as much as you want, but you just go there to visit. Yeah, you become a little cookout save up enough money if we build you just buy a little and stand in your foot of and you gotta find out who has the next over it deals with them, Like, look, man, I need your shit? How much you want for that? Just imagine here's the thing. I'm put up a tent this weekend.
Speaker 1: If you have twelve inches by twelve inches, but like most people's shoes are bigger than that. But you go there and you just stand on it. And then like if there's some other guy walking out to find his plot, you know, and he'd be like, what up, man, this is my spot.
Speaker 2: There's my land.
Speaker 1: You stay over there, and.
Speaker 2: Then you like have a sword and you start taking over your people there next to you, start building ship on it, put little flags like it's mine, it's mine, it's mine, it's the.
Speaker 1: National flag, and then start pumping and other people.
Speaker 3: That who that whole They reminds me of like Futurama where Bender's apartments only like a foot by foot. Yeah, it's like a little closet and there's a whole apartment complex like that, like little closet apartment.
Speaker 1: Stays with him and he's like curled up in the corner like Dian. He wakes up and he's like a creaky and.
Speaker 2: What if what if we go there and we do this and then we all wearing skirts and all this stuff, and then we dress justing up in his shirt too, and then okay, kilt and then send him out. We found out where these people live that he just conquered, and we said, justin out to collect tax, just taking piece of their car off the.
Speaker 1: Cat they live like all over the world though, because like we can do it from here.
Speaker 2: We collect the text your Windfield that getting sense. It's a thing.
Speaker 1: We make country, we make a coalition.
Speaker 2: We are it's like the one. It's like the U N Michfield the k and the end is silent.
Speaker 1: We just get a picture of the Texas are killed spot like back.
Speaker 2: Then the video of us. You'll pay your motherfucker texts. We get your ass. This could be the next bonus plan, like we have our swords around and then show them the drone and we got the drone.
Speaker 1: Do it. You heard somebody man get kicked out of my house.
Speaker 2: I got a place.
Speaker 1: It's kind of small. Just imagine Lord Windfield doing that. Lord O'Brien sounds better in Scotland. Winfield works pretty good.
Speaker 2: Now we're at the funeral for Lord Winfield.
Speaker 1: I was getting getting some that's your national anthem. And now for the Olympics, you get ludicrous to be there to Chris in the country.
Speaker 2: Taking gold and drone flying is Mitchfield because the silence.
Speaker 1: As much air space square foot of.
Speaker 2: Airspos getting your joke up.
Speaker 1: You're in restricted airspace, sir, Sorry he went over an inch. I'm gonna look into this. I want to know how much you crosts either justs is looking at that.
Speaker 3: I'm working it up right now.
Speaker 1: There was another one, like we're talking about manscaped and bluetoo and being sponsors. So they sponsored a a whole bunch of like content creators a while ago, like a year, year or two ago. They're all over the place. They kind of petered out, so maybe they sold all their land.
Speaker 2: Damn hopefully not hopefully get a square man. I think starts with a square slowly. Some smart guys said that once.
Speaker 1: I think, well, if you start slowly buying out like you said, and all the people around you, that's basically what the conspiracy theory of Bill Gates is doing to America with farms.
Speaker 2: And wait till we get big enough we can like fuck with England. I think it's like a hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: You get a long boat, freaking cannons on the.
Speaker 2: Side, sleek shot and shit over.
Speaker 1: Car. Let's get.
Speaker 2: So how we've been drone's.
Speaker 1: Falling, dropping fire crackers and shit fucking stupid beards. Captain Winfield, the muskets are running low.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can buy one square, two square, five square, ten square, twenty square and fifty square.
Speaker 1: Fifty square is not bad. You can have a picnic on that.
Speaker 2: Every year recovery party. People will swear like those people are on something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like wella hold on, man, you're on the other that's not our land. Get over here, take one step back.
Speaker 2: It has to be a part of NATO.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a bad thunderstorm and US for disaster relief money. America sent it to us. You send money. Everybody with his.
Speaker 2: Bishop t move and just saw it to America started a couple cents extra.
Speaker 1: Tiny little warehouse the size of a shed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh fun Friday, Yeah, good times. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Corey Smoker she should join us next week and think and Martie wants to do a podcast again too. I think she's missing it and I kind of told her too. It's like, you know, if we have the Recovery Dads podcast, which is fun for us because we're dads and we can kind of mess around, like go on to and I just feel sometimes the two seventeen Recovery podcast kind of gets away from what it was originated. Yeah, I think it was originally kind of made for it, but I mean, at the end of the day, it's it's for me to stay sobered and get stuff off my chest and the laugh. You know, we had to go laugh here today and I think so. I mean, that's at the end of the day, that's what it's for, and you know, we have fun with it and it makes our days start better. So anyway, I hope you enjoyed the episode. Yeah, if you want more, if you want more of that real good stuff, or maybe it's sad, I don't know, go back and listen. You know, it's times we're doing it. I was doing it from the Sober Living Home, you know, in the early days. And you can listen to those on our website. You can just search whatever app you're listening to, or you can just get the two seventeen Recovery app, which is the easiest way to do it, and you can just go through episodes by year. But yeah, thanks for listening, and thanks for thanks for having fun with us on this beautiful Friday in Michigan with a fire warning in Traverse City.
Speaker 1: Later, Hi, thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast.
Speaker 4: Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen Recovery app.
Speaker 2: That's free in your app store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com.