Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner.
Speaker 2: Cirk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 3: Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 4: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot? We're waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 5: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: I do it best overall, Miss Dan Klass. Padre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 5: Ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 7: Tim kays Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Hope you're enjoying your evening.
Speaker 7: You're a world champion Los Angeles Dodgers forty and twenty seven on this season, first place ATTAPI NL West. They are in San Diego for a three game series against the Padres. Dodgers won the opener last night an extra Any's a thrilling back and forth game between the Dodgers and Padres. Tonight it's a bullpen game for the Dodgers. Lou Trevino on the mound. Dylan cees, we'll go for the Padres. First pitch from Petco Parks is coming up at six forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to. Here a Moronco Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. David vat Seg goes one on one with Will Smith, who had a big game last night at the plate and behind the plate for the Dodgers. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with sports and at eli's Kirsten Watson, who is live on the field in San Diego, And in just a few minutes we'll head out to the gallopin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 1: And here from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Well, last night, Dustin May got the start, Nick Pavetta went for the Padres and both offenses went to work early. The Dodgers with two runs at the top half of the first inning, Freddy Freeman in RBI double, Will Smith the sack fly Dodgers a two to nothing lead, and they got the pitch count.
Speaker 1: Up on Nick Pavenna.
Speaker 7: However, the Padres answer with two runs of their own in the bottom half of the first, and then Crona were scored on a throwing an hour with two outs in the second, as the Padres took a three to two lead. The Dodgers would grab that lead back in the top half of the third inning. They Oscar Hernandez a sackfly to center that scoring Mookie Betts, and the Dodgers and Padres were tied at three.
Speaker 1: And then up came Will Smith.
Speaker 8: Freddy Freeman also tagged in advance, going from second to third, so he's ninety feet away. Only went out Will Smith at the plate, first pitch, hitting the air to left field.
Speaker 5: Wait on the.
Speaker 1: Warning track at the wall.
Speaker 5: It's gone.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers have come out, swinging home run number six on the season for Will. It breaks to three to three, tie the Dodgers on top by a pair. Will Smith with the two run home run, Dodgers up five to three, but that lead would be short lived as the Padres would get three in the bottom apt for the third. They take a six five lead in the fifth, a sum Kim a RBI double scoring Max Mounsey that tied the game in six, and it were remain tied at six and they went to extra innings and the top of the tenth, Andy Poe has led off the inning with an RBI double, scoring Max Monty.
Speaker 7: Dodgers up seven to six. They scored the free base runner and then most importantly, Tommy Edden added to.
Speaker 2: It, contacted, Ben, you do not want to hit a ground ball to the left side of the infield and to make it out when to advance that runner over to third, it changes the defensive alignment.
Speaker 1: The one to one pitch from Peralta, Edmund swings hit a crop.
Speaker 4: Of off the middle off the second base back in the right field. Potz hustling home, had one.
Speaker 1: More It's like to six.
Speaker 7: Dodgers score thanks to the ball hitting the second base bag. Andy pat has scored Tommy Edmond with the RBI single. That was a key insurance run for the Dodgers. You score the free runner from second to get the one run lead, but then you add on another run. Dodgers up eight to six, and that would be big because Jackson Meryldon and RBI double in the top half of the tenth Inny that made it an eight to seven game, but they'd get no closer. As the Dodgers hang on and beat the Padres last night in the series opener eight seven and ten innings, Kirby Yates gets the winning relieve Tanners Scott, despite giving up the one run in the tenth, he gets to save his twelfth of the year. Dodgers improved a forty and twenty seven on this season. Giants a game and a half back in the nl WES Padres now two games back in the division. Tonight, Game two of this three game set. Luke Trevino is the opener for the Dodgers first six forty and with more. We head out to the Galvin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen.
Speaker 1: Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, All right, Tim, a little gloomier here at Peccoll Park ahead of Game two of this series. But Rick Monday Game one, gosh, I know it's early June, but it had that October feel, the intensity that always seems to be there when these two teams get together.
Speaker 5: Gloomy, gloomy, What do you mean gloomy? Oh that was a win last night. Yeah, it took ten innings.
Speaker 2: Who also said, hey, we stay here till three four o'clock in the morning for a victory. The Dodgers didn't have to stay that long, but yeah, game one in the books. How about this. You know, things can change in a hurry. And now it's the Giants that are in second place in the Western Division. They're a game and a half back in San Diego. They dropped a third, they're two out, have a chance, obviously two games left in this series. But one of the things the Dodgers did last night is that it was not a particularly great game defensively overall by either team. But when the Dodgers had to really present some good that's exactly what they were able to do. And Andanty Pye has the R ANDBI double and the top of the tenth, I think, and then Tommy Edmond, who's really gotten hot now, all of a sudden, his second hitting the ball game, the RBI. That was the big cushion Dodgers game. But with two runs in the top of the tenth.
Speaker 8: You look around the big leagues last night, nine games, five of them went to extras.
Speaker 5: It was the most in any one.
Speaker 8: Day in the Major league season so far this year, even Jackson Merrill, I know we're both fans of his, the and Andre centerfielder.
Speaker 5: After the game and his talking with the media, he was like that game was sick.
Speaker 8: He's like, I know he lost, which stinks.
Speaker 5: For that game was awesome.
Speaker 2: How about the the Andres talking about close games? Another close game last night? Sandigo and Andres have had seven one run games in the last eight that they have played, and three of those, including last night, were extra inning games.
Speaker 8: So they're no stranger to play ball games. And I think that it was good for the Dodgers that did bring out the best of late. And you look up, all of a sudden, the offense or the Dodgers had picked up. They scored at least seven in back to back game, starting to swing the bat. And you know, Freddy Freeman, even on a day where he felt cold, felt like he was struggling, still found a way to find three hits out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the Dodgers came out, I mean blasting really early in the game, two runs in the first ending the three more in the fifth, and they kind of cooled off a little bit better at bats with runners in scoring position. The Dodgers had the five hits in thirteen at bats. However, on this road trip, runners in scoring position the Dodgers just hitting one seventy three. They really had difficulty in Saint Louis, and hopefully last night turned things around because they came up with timely hits and I thought very thoughtful approaches at home plate quite often.
Speaker 5: Oh no doubt.
Speaker 8: They finished two for the last two. A couple hits in extrews Andy Pajas with the double and Tommy Edmon with the base hit. Tim was to get it back to you. I'll send you there with a couple of magic numbers.
Speaker 6: Five.
Speaker 8: When the Dodgers score at least five runs, they are thirty one in five this year. And then to Rick's point about runners in scoring position, when they have at least three hits with runners the scoring position in a game, they are twenty five and four. So those are the key markers to keep an eye on as the offense looks to take it to Dylan Seeks in Game two of this three game series.
Speaker 1: Good information.
Speaker 7: Appreciate it, Nelly, as we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza Parlor one of your Shaky's Visa chickin Emojo's right now in Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 1: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 7: Heel here from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Vasse checks in throughout the hour.
Speaker 1: He'll go one on one with Will Smith.
Speaker 7: If you dive deeper into this pitchy matchup, a bullpen game for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Dylan Cees on the mound for the Padres.
Speaker 7: But up next your Otani and rewind and we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirsen Watson live.
Speaker 1: On the field.
Speaker 7: That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 1: First pitch from San Diegos coming up in six to forty. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kase Is, a world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Padres, Game two of this three game set. Lu Trevino the opener for the Dodgers, Dylan Cease. We'll go for the Padres first Pitcherman San Diego.
Speaker 1: Set for six forty.
Speaker 6: This is the Otani Rewyd.
Speaker 8: Otani stands in, hitting two ninety three on the season, twenty three home runs, thirty nine rbi. Here's Pavena's payoff and Otani cracks. It's the right center field. This ball is gonna get down and it'll get all the way to the wall. Otani makes a turnaround first and he strides in a second, standing up with a leadoff double. It's the second straight game Otani has started the game with a stand up double, and right away the Dodgers are cooking.
Speaker 7: They were a cooking all right, scoring early and often. The eleventh double this season for show. Hey, Otani is only hitting the game, but he was on base twice, including Milwaukee would later score on a RBI from Freddie Freeman, a double there right after Otani to give the Dodgers the really won nothing lead. They go back and forth. Dodgers will score two in the tenth. That's the Dodgers beat the Padres last night, eight to seven.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey Karson out joins us from pet Go Park in San Diego. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven cars for kids right now. Friendly agents standing by to take your donations. That's cars with the K to donate your car today. We'll just start off with the atmosphere. First off, kirston what a.
Speaker 1: Game last night?
Speaker 7: Playoff asked the crowd was into it, Dodger fans were representing. It was back and forth, a high scoring game, then it goes to extra innings.
Speaker 1: It lived up to the hype.
Speaker 7: And I know San Diego is a buzzer right now because the Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 9: It's one of those things where it's like, what marks you have asked for? I mean, look, yes, he obviously wanted probably your fear outing from Dustin May, but just to see how the offense sidled back to to see how the end came in, stepped up to protect the game, but THESS but it ultimately could win an extra It was indang and you said it. The atmosphere here we have come to learn, especially from the experiences we've had with facing the Padres in the postseasons, how loud and how electric and truly how passionate Padres fans have become and art can be here. So to have that to have, of course the Dodger fans who were able to get tickets to be able to come down and support their boys in blue legg It was absolutely insane, and I feel like it just kind of it sets you up for what these next two games are going to look like. Wheny of the Padres were going to bring in, you know, they were going to battle to the end. They did just that, and they love to see how the Dodgers responded to everything as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 7: The last time the Dodgers had a bullpen game at Petco Park, it worked to a t in the NLDS in Game four, led to a Game five Dodger win up at Dodger Stadium. And it's a bullpen game tonight for the Dodgers, and.
Speaker 9: I think that you add another layer to that, it's a bullpen game against Dylan Ce's and so for that to be the case, of course, me over here, I'm like, it's giving deja vu. But of course you talk to the guys, when you talk to Dave Roberts, even Dave, it's funny, who's like, I honestly didn't even put two and two together because it is so different. Obviously, the stakes for so much fire. That was an elimination game for the Dodgers. They'd come off of a game which they didn't play very well. The night before. The Padress put up a lot of runs and they were able to force a game five. That with the bullpen and how they were able to execute so totally different. Is often start going in that one. But when you come into today, first of all, it's different arms. Lou Trevino is going to be the opener in this one, and then Matt Sower has been activated. He could provide just taking down the bulk of the inning. Dave did say that potentially we could see a lefty come out behind Trevino before Matt Sower takes down the bulk of the game. But it is it's going to look a little bit different, and of course the stakes are so so different. But ultimately I want to see the bullpen perform well and at least we can have a positive memory to build off up from the bullpen success here in San Diego.
Speaker 7: I hope the dogs are back out. They called themselves the dogs in October last year. I want those bullpen dogs back out for the Dodgers tonight in this game against the pad Jays. Kirson appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Rongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll die deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll check in with David vaz Say. David vas Se goes one on one with Will Smith. But up next we get you an injury report and we hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It's a Dodgers and Padres first pitch of six forty. I'm sim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season Law.
Speaker 7: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night Dodgers and the Podres Marongo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam before good time, Luke Trevino and Dylan Cees the pitching Matt Chef.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 5: This is the LA Dodger Injury Reports, where.
Speaker 7: Isented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonsolon on the iel with the right elbows soreness. Tyler Glass now on the IEL with the shoulder inflammation. More on him coming up. Also more on Blake Snell, who's on the IEL since April third with the left shoulder inflammation. He threw a bullpen session today in San Diego. Imagchion continues to work his way back, Rookie Sasaki, Blake trying it, and Bruise dark Gaderol all on the IL. When you think about it, the Dodgers have three fifths of their should be starting rotation on the injured list right now, with Blake Snell, Tyler Glass now and Rokie Sasaki throwing. Tony Gonsolin four fists of the starting rotation on the I L All right, let's.
Speaker 1: Head back out to pet Goo Park and check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 3: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 6: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: So, I know that it's June within the passes in the past, but for it to be a bullpen game against Dylan Ceas, does it feel like maybe a little bit of deja vu or what do you remember about managing that game and how it all came together.
Speaker 10: Actually, I didn't put those two together. That's an honest answer. It's certainly going to be different with the arms that we have at our disposal tonight versus that game. But yeah, we got Sour activated. He's going to pitch Bulk at some point in time. I'm not sure when, but obviously Lou's going to start and are open and we'll see where we go from there. But yeah, I didn't put the piece together.
Speaker 9: All right, what do you like about Luchavino just opening this game and what you've been seeing from him since.
Speaker 3: Joining a team.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that I like the guy, I like the stuff. I just feel that with they're lining up the top part, you know, a few of their best hitters get him on some riding. She was going to pitch today regardless, potentially have some lefties or a lefty behind him if we need it or if we decide to go to Sour. I just think he gives us some options and I feel comfortable with him starting.
Speaker 7: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts talking about the bullpen game and Luke Trevino getting to start, and no't forget as he mentioned Matt Sower called up from Triple Ails Alom the city. David Basse helped him get to the ballpark yesterday at Petco Park, so he is there ready to go if necessary. Speaking to David Veass, Hey, when we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check you with DV gets to the latest, including an update on Lake Stell.
Speaker 1: So leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Keats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, yes, it's Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Padres Game two of this three game set from Petco Park. Luke Trevino the opener, Dylan Ceaz who was really struggled. He's on the mound for San Diego. First pitch from Petco Park, coming up six forty.
Speaker 6: Joining Tim cats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger insider David base.
Speaker 1: R d Vians Game two tonight last night. What a game.
Speaker 7: Dodgers scored the first Padres countered. It was like a heavyweight fight, back and back and forth. Heavy blows from each side and goes to extra innings and the Dodgers get the win.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they outlasted the Padres last night. The biggest difference and maybe the biggest difference between these two teams as the regular season marathon continues to roll, is the pitching depth that Padres had Wandy Peralta and is nearly five era on the mound in the tenth inning, Tanner Scott obviously eira a little bloated, but still one of the premiere relievers, and he was able to pick up his twelfth save of the season. And before that, Kirby Yates came in in a key spot in the ninth inning. He was able to get not only the bottom of the order, but then also the lineup turned over. And I thought it was interesting that Kirby Yates did not give Fernando Tattoos Junior anything to hit. It was a split fingered fastball diet and Kirby Yates today explained the thought process behind not only the a bat against Tattoos but also the guy on deck, Luisa Rise.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I wasn't going to give in as much as you know, even with that three to two split, I kind of had in the back of my head. You know, I might have been able to sneak a fast wall in there, but I didn't want to take that chance. And you know, I thought it threw a pretty good pitch and you got a credit Tatis for laying off.
Speaker 13: And you know, these guys.
Speaker 12: Get paid a lot of money to hit baseball too, they're pretty good, and you know what I mean. So, uh, just the general thought is, look, I don't want to give him something that he can hurt us on. So and I'll, you know whatever the next about is, I'm gonna start one and go from there. And you know, our riots came out, tried to jump me and he popped the ball up and you know we got out of it.
Speaker 11: That's veteran experience right there, Tim. That was the key part of the game in the ninth inning.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. David is driven by four. There's one thing we like his choices.
Speaker 7: Find yours with the fort f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be called the f one point fifty show. Hey Otani. For the third time, David is thrown a SIM game.
Speaker 11: Yes, he did earlier today three innings forty four pitches, and I was told by the Dodgers head trainer Thomas Albert that Otani hit ninety six miles an hour today and also through all his pitches, including the sweeper a lot to one of those minor league hitters that was facing him. Mark Pryor, the Dodgers pitching coach on a daylight today, was center stage with us.
Speaker 14: We start getting close to forty four, I start getting into the sixties seventy pitch range. You know, then you can start, you know, envisioning and dreaming about, you know, being in a game, because then you know that he has the volume under under him to go out there and at least take down multiple innings in a real game. And again I think that a lot of it coincideses what does that look like?
Speaker 5: Is that real?
Speaker 14: And what are kind of where we at with the rest of our staff as a whole.
Speaker 11: Has there been any the discussion about deviating from that plan of having him pitch in a game after the All Star break considering how many injuries do you have in your rotation now.
Speaker 14: I'll be honest, I haven't heard about that plan, So I can't answer to that one. Like I said, you know, for me, it's evaluating what he does today and then evaluating how he feels where he's at. And again we go like day by day with him, you know, for me, you know, because things change all the time. I mean, like I said Friday, he was gonna throw, and then there's weather, and then we got day games and you know, he's found getting hit the heel, and so there's a lot of variables that change on a daily basis with him that we don't you know, normally come across at pitchers. So right now, I thought, again, today was a great day for him, and I think, you know, we'll take the next step forward here in the coming days.
Speaker 11: And you heard Dave Roberts earlier say Tim that there is zero chance you'll see Otani pitch before the All Star break.
Speaker 7: Dave, great information. We've run out of time. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Come. Oh, I had a snell Zilla update.
Speaker 7: Real quick that we can't get to the audio, but give us a quick, quick snall Zilla update.
Speaker 11: Oh, snell Zilla is trending in the right direction after a big twenty pitch bullpen session. He's gonna throw a full compliment of his pitches on Friday at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: It is time for snell Zilla to ramp up. Tim he is.
Speaker 11: Randy, but Nelson Rick Monday super excited in the booth.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, I can hear the laughter in the background.
Speaker 7: They are fired up for his return. It's been two months since.
Speaker 3: We don't appreciate being Madla.
Speaker 1: No mocking here, Dave.
Speaker 7: We appreciate it coming up here on Wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. We dive deeper into this pitching matchup. I'm next, all your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere Dodgers Padres. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers at Padres came two of this three games set. Luke Trevino, the opener for the Blue Dylan Cease, will go for the Padres first pitch of six forty dog a hot.
Speaker 3: Dog who wants a hot dog.
Speaker 6: It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: We go back to May one, twenty twenty three. Dodgers at Petco Park in San Diego. The Dodgers down in the ninth inning facing Josh Hayter, who had two outs.
Speaker 1: Yup became Mookie Bets.
Speaker 15: I feel very deep right away, Soto Christian and tat Tease. Here's the three to one flyball. What's better field, It's deep Sodo going back.
Speaker 1: To the wall and it's.
Speaker 15: Gone a home run.
Speaker 3: Mookie Bets with a two out home run.
Speaker 15: This sixth of a year has tied the score at two.
Speaker 1: Mookie Bets delivers.
Speaker 7: Dodgers would go on and win and extra innings at Petco Park like they did last night. In extra innings, this score five to two, Dodgers beating them Padres. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Hoffey Socao's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs Local. It's so great when we continue here on Dodgers on deck, we check you out. Rick Monday so leads up to first bitch Dodgers and Podres was San Diego. I'm Tim Kasis, World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tach on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 7: Law Bason Dodgers and Padres Lu Trevino Dylan Cizapinci matchup Trevino the opener for the Dodgers. Expect to see Matt Sower and the rest of the guys come through the gate. First pitch coming up at six point forty. The Dodgers game plan brought to you by California Community College Financial Lads to be able to help you with the tuition, the books, and yep, sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 1: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 7: Classes can fill up quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 6: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: We are moving the chains in San Diego with Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: And what a game last night, Rick, that was really entertaining.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's a different sport, but yes, you're right, quite a game ten innings and you really look at this series. I mean you come in and the Dodgers leading both the Pandres and the Giants by one game coming into last night's game, and then goes ten innings and now it's the Giants that are just right behind the Dodgers and the Sanga and Andres move into third place in the Western Division. But I thought last night, at the beginning of the game and then at the end, towards the end of the game, the Dodgers started to play very good baseball, in between not so much, Andres not so much. But then when the game was on the line, both of them really rose the occasion and you start to look at another very close game, and Andres know all about it. In fact, the last eight games they've had seven games decided by one run. Three of those games have been extra innings on top of it, and I would expect this is going to be a barn burner again tonight.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 11: After the game last night, Jackson Merrill from the Padres said, I know Padre fans are disappointed we lost, but that was a really fun game to be part of.
Speaker 2: It was I got a couple of different phone calls today also about the game, how exciting it was and what was happening. Because when you get a ballgame, David that the Doctors took the two run lead top of the first and the Paudteries come back.
Speaker 5: They tie it.
Speaker 2: Then the Padres go ahead in the second ending, So technically it come from behind victory last night. But it went back and forth and back and forth. Who makes mistakes and good teams normally don't make mistakes, And when you're playing good teams, if you make a mistake, you probably wind up on the wrong end of the decision.
Speaker 3: What was going on last night? Rick?
Speaker 11: In left field there was a ball that was lost in the sky. And then I had the tenth inning, the left fielder broke in and it went over his head.
Speaker 2: I had just said a few minutes before, is we're going to get within the next fifteen or twenty minutes twilight, And it was like the next batter, two batters later, there's a ball hit and nobody saw it in left field. And then there was just a really bad route also by Lockridge, who came on as a pinch hitter in the seventh inning, actually in the sixth inning, and then stayed in and took over left field. It was like he was trying to chase a baseball in a tornado.
Speaker 5: He took the.
Speaker 2: Wrong route, the wrong angle, and it wound up the best results for the Dodgers at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Dodgers said, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You always come alive. We talk about it.
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmond, who was red hot before he had the injury, and then he came back and he was kind of struggling. Well for mister Edmond, Now he's beginning to hit the bollet with some authority and get on base a little bit more and back into the swing of things, if you will.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And before the injury, that right ankle injury, he was doing a number from the left side of the plate where he normally is not as strong. Have you seen maybe the effects of that right ankle affecting it.
Speaker 2: What we don't know is and he's not going to tell us how much it's really affecting him.
Speaker 5: Does it hurt, Is it sore?
Speaker 2: Does it bother him to run to his left or to his right one way more than the other? Does it bother him from one side of the plate being a switch hitter than it does on the other side. Those little things to kind of keep in to end yourself. You let the trainers know, the manager know, your teammates know, but you don't let anything out there that the other team might pick up on and use it to their advantage.
Speaker 3: Before we back out of here.
Speaker 5: Rick.
Speaker 11: Earlier today show, HEO Tani threw forty four pitches in a three inning simulated game. I guess you would call this Otani day. He has to dh now and many are expecting him to do what he usually does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and hopefully the swing comes back on top of it. That's a big, big step for a Tani to throw that many innings in a simulated game. And that's good news. You're gonna talk to Will Smith in a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's right. He's got the day off, and he had some.
Speaker 5: Time at least at the beginning, but he's available.
Speaker 11: He's available, no doubt about it. And one of the best clutch hitters in baseball this season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's a tidbit for you.
Speaker 2: The last three years he's had more bats than anyone else in baseball with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 11: And he's delivered more times than not exactly. All right, Rick, thanks a lot, you deliver all the time. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim, all right, Thanks love DV, thank you.
Speaker 7: Mo still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got you a preview of this pitching matchup coming up Steven Nelson or Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: They got those keys to the game? What up next? They just mentioned it.
Speaker 7: Dodger catcher Will Smith has the night off to start the night with Dalton Rushing getting the job behind the plate.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from Will Smith. Will we come back?
Speaker 7: Dodgers Padres First pitch is six forty of Tim Kates's World champion.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Padres from San Diego on this Tuesday night, Dodgers and Padres will square off seven times over the course of eleven days. Dodgers won the series opener last night in ten innings. First pitch coming up at six forty. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Zen Sheh Sushi. You can find it near the deli counter at any Ralphs.
Speaker 1: It is great.
Speaker 7: They got the spicy tuna rolls, they got the California rolls, the salmon rolls, the temper shrimp rolls, they got platters, they got the mango crunchy dragon rolls.
Speaker 1: Zen she handcrafted sushi. Enjoy it for a game.
Speaker 7: It's made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and a tradition.
Speaker 1: Yep, you can taste it.
Speaker 7: Zench sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 1: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers and Padre is getting set for game two of this three game series, and we're enjoying right now by Dodger all star catcher Will Smith.
Speaker 3: Will thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 13: Appreciate it, got it, Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 11: I know you're a guy that keeps everything very steady. But how fun was it to play in a game like last night?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: It was fun. You know games are always fun, you know, intense, intense uh in tense atmosphere. You know, crowds or the crowds into it. Obviously a really talented team, you know, kind of back and forth game last night, so you know, if I want to come out on top.
Speaker 11: Yeah, when you look at the way you guys were able to navigate the end of that game, did you feel like Bonda's two innings and the way Kirby Eates and yourself navigated that tattoo set bat we're key moments.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think so. I think Banda did a great job, you know, give us two really strong innings, you know, killed romentum. Then Kirby coming in. I think it was the ninth thing at that time, putting up a zero, let us get to the top of the tent to score a couple of runs. It was huge.
Speaker 11: Kirby was telling me earlier today that with experience has come him not only understanding who he has to attack at the plate, but also who's on deck and understand that whole dynamic. How much do you pay attention to those type of things too?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, that's always always going through my head, you know, from the first pitch on. You know, it's just part of calling a game is managing the lineup, knowing where we're at, no one's too hot, who's not knowing, you know, kind of the matchups and no one you know, just kind of see in the future what helps us best win. So yeah, I'm always looking at that stuff.
Speaker 11: Will Smith is our guest in front of first pitch here in San Diego. Will it seems like the first day of the season, all the way back in Tokyo, you've had a feel for whatever's going on in the batter's box. Can you describe the feel or is there that feel that you felt since the first day?
Speaker 13: Uh no, I just feel like my swing's in a really good spot being able to keep it in a good spot so far this year, which is always which is always challenged, so I'm gonna try to maintain that. But yeah, you know, just sticking my approach, moving most forward, driving guys in. That's you know, what I.
Speaker 5: Try to do.
Speaker 11: On a day like today, the Dodgers are making a concerted effort to give you more days off behind the plate. Do you appreciate them keeping that in mind for the long term?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean that's just you know, part of it my position. I can't go out there every night. I wish I could, so yeah, just trying to be smart about it. We've done a really good job the last few years, so yeah, just sticking to it.
Speaker 11: What do you think about them making it such a concerted effort on nights like tonight to get you off your feet?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I mean I called the last three so you know, travel I want four in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those will.
Speaker 13: Come probably at some point, maybe not with a travel day in between, but yeah, that's just part of it.
Speaker 3: On a day like today, what is the routine for you.
Speaker 13: Ah, just a lot of recovery stuff, you know, get in the training room, doing some stuff in the weight room. Just give my body right for mom.
Speaker 11: Were you able to watch O'tani throw his simulated game today?
Speaker 13: Nope?
Speaker 11: You were not one of the many of the teammates that were fans watching that.
Speaker 13: No, I was not. I heard it went well though.
Speaker 11: It's pretty incredible to think that even though he's not pitching in a major league game, he could go out there throw forty pitches in three simulated innings and then DH for you guys tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's it's definitely not a lot for him and the training staff and the coaches to you know, to manage and watch what he's doing, get him back healthy to pitch for us you know this year. So yeah, it's a it's definitely a thing. It's definitely you know, a lot of thought and thoughts going into it. So it's impressive. But yeah, so hopefully see in the night hit a couple of Homer and Trap a couple of guys in and actually count to help, you know, help on some games.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that would be very Otani and Otani has a sneaky good sense of humor. Do you believe that Otani will show up at your charity comedy event on August sixth? And will he be on stage?
Speaker 13: I don't know. It sounds like you're trying to promote the event by saying he'll be there, but no, I don't know yet. So we'll see. I love for handing me out there. You know, all the teammates had a really good time last year. I know guys are excited for it this year coming back, so it should be another good night.
Speaker 11: What is the genesis of this idea for a charity? I mean, are you a big comedy guy? Are you going home and watching God Chappelle? Are you going back to the room watching Eddie Murphy Raw?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Where does this come from?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: It was honestly, you know, we we know the Netflix people pretty well and have a really good relationship with them, So they brought the idea to us teaming up and doing you know, part of their festival last year. And then I know they're not doing the festival this year, but you know, wanting to keep the tradition going with catching hope. So yeah, we're excited for another good night. Obviously, Karen and I avery fans of comedy, and you know I love watching the shows, so it's more of that, not really us being huge comic fans, but we've we've definitely got into it, you know, getting to know more comedians, knowing you know, knowing their their skills on the stage, which is really cool. So it's it's a fun night. We're excited.
Speaker 11: Is it tough for you and your wife to find a show that you both like? Because my wife is so tired of the shows that I pick, either they're too violent or too much sports.
Speaker 15: Ah.
Speaker 13: No, we usually agree on some Sometimes you know, she'll put on her I call it trash TV, and I just kind of tune out. But uh, and then you know, we're flying on planes, I watch, but she doesn't want to watch. So we've got it down pretty good.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 11: Well, thanks a lot for taking the time out. Glad you got a day off today, three in a row. Of course, I'm counting those days. And we'll see you out there tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Got it.
Speaker 13: Thanks Dave, there.
Speaker 11: He is the man All Star catcher. Will Smith. Vote for him for the All Star Game. Him and Freddie. I would be embarrassed for you if Will Smith and Freddie Freeman are not starters.
Speaker 3: This year in Atlanta.
Speaker 11: And Will, we'll receive a gift card to Javier's Finest Foods of Mexico new location in downtown for him to treat his wife.
Speaker 3: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 7: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of dv Yeah, Will Smith with the night off last night, Will Smith had a triple. Will Smith last night, drove in a couple Will run for the Dodgers in an eight or a seven to or a big win last night over the Padres in the opening game of this series. Of course, I had that triple in Saint Louis the other day against the Cardinals. But Will Smith swinging a hot bat, It's gonna be on the bench at least to start this game tonight. It's the Dodgers take on the Padres in Game two of this three game set. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast when it's game day, it's group day and Shaky's we're leading you up to first pitch from San Diego. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasis is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Padres from San Diego, Game two of this three game set.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at six forty and.
Speaker 6: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Where is it about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard, in playharded a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. Hit the truck built for the bull. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Dylan Cees on the mound one in five were the four seventy two era twenty nine year old right hander drafted by the Cubs, traded to the White Sox.
Speaker 1: Made his major league debut in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 7: He was traded to the Padres early last year, making his fourteenth start this season. A fastball, slider pitcher, looking for his first win since April second against the Guardians, He's failed to complete five innings and five of his last thirteen starts this season. He has given up three earned runs in his last four starts, including the last time out three runs, five hits, five innings and a loss to the Giants, and four regular season starts against the Dodgers, he's one and one to two to sixty one ERA and a two to twenty eight batting average against. He faced the Dodgers twice last year in the NLDS. Five earned runs in Game one, and then gave up three earned runs and just an inning and two thirds in Game four. Luke Trevino on the mound for the Dodgers one to zero, three ninety seven ERA. Thirty three year old veteran right hander originally drafted by the A's in twenty thirteen, pitched for the A's then Tommy John surgery in twenty twenty three on he was with the Yankees rehabbed all last year, started this season with the Giants. Released after eleven games, Pitch signed with the Dodgers. Since becoming activated with the Dodgers on May eighteenth. He has given up two earned runs through ten and the third innings with ten strikeouts in nine appearances. Lu Trevino Dylan Ceaz Dodgers Padres f teen minutes away for first pitch keys of the game.
Speaker 1: Our next, I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers, all.
Speaker 6: Uniforn This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 5: On tack.
Speaker 6: On your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 7: Season long, Dodgers Padres. Luke Trevino the opener for the Blue. Dylan Cease on the mount for the Padres first pitch of six forty before that, one final time we check in with the booth Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys TC.
Speaker 8: The first pitch tonight belongs to Dylan Cease of the San Diego Padres and Rick Monday. In this National League Division Series rematch in this series overall well tight in this particular game, it's a rematch of Game four in last year's Division Series. Dylan sees against the Dodgers bullpen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and for Sea said, the doctors saw him twice in the Division Series, and you know he didn't do it particularly well, just a total of five innings in that area and Seas, even though he throws the ball ninety seven miles an hour average and then a pretty good slider. He's gone eleven sanku his starts without a victory on his side of the Ledger. But again, he has eighty five strikeouts in sixty eight and two thirds innings. You wonder say, well, what is it about Sees that there's a disconnect and not winning more games?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So, and he doesn't have great history against the Dodgers, so I think that's something that they could draw confidence upon.
Speaker 5: You know, one matchup.
Speaker 8: I'm curious to see tonight is We're not We're gonna get it right away. It's Dylan Seas against shoe Hey Otani. Of course, Otani has put Seas in the books three times. I think she's hovered against him. And Showy currently has tied for his longest home run draft of the year, seven straight games without one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the Dodgers have not hit a lot of home runs in recent times. There was a two run blast by Will Smith in last night's game, but it's been few and far between. And for Luke Trevino getting the start for the Dodgers eleven games all relief appearances for the Giants and now his tenth appearance out of the bullpen for the Dodgers. One thing that he's done since he's come to la Very low el is just one point seven to four.
Speaker 5: Good on.
Speaker 2: You don't know how long he's gonna be going, but hopefully comes out of the box strong.
Speaker 5: Amen.
Speaker 8: So Noah hess On, Kim no Will Smith. Is Michael confordo in Dalton rushing the starting lineup instead tonight and the Dodger bullpen. Yes, the cast has changed from last year's bullpen Dogs, but it was a bullpen game that propelled the Dodgers to a division series comeback against Dylan Ceas and the Padres. We'll play out like that again tonight. We'll find out in a matter of moments. Tim, all right for.
Speaker 7: You, Thank you very much, Nellie. First pitch when we come back, enjoined everybody. Game two, this three game said Dodgers and Padres. Dodgers looking to get another win and Pat go bark. First pitch when we returned. It's been Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm Tim Kase.
Speaker 1: This is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network