Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family. Let's not play one on Tom. Let's win this.
Speaker 1: I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 2: So just thank you.
Speaker 3: Give me are your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 4: This is world champion, Dodgers, world champion thing.
Speaker 3: It put a small soft time.
Speaker 5: They get up people what they want to.
Speaker 3: Die too in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. One of a con. This ball's gone. You ready to go? Hell time go to the South.
Speaker 4: Grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven. I'll go to the show and now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 6: We are live at Dodger Stadium after the Padres salvage the final game of a four game series by beating the Dodgers and surviving the Dodgers in more ways than one five to three tonight at Dodgers Stadium. David Vase with you until midnight tonight, taking your phone calls at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. We have a full line of calls that we're gonna get to and just be patient because I know this was one of those games that everybody wants to share their opinions and emotions on, and certainly emotions spilled over from the Padres side of things, as they always seem to do. Let's be quite honest, how many times over the course of the last five years, has it been the Dodgers that have started something between them and the Padres. Whether it's Andy Green being the manager of the Padres, whether it's Fernando Tattis Junior, or Manny Machado or now Mike shild it always seems to spill over from that dugout. You don't really see anybody spill over and let the emotions run high from the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers side of things.
Speaker 6: That's a complex the Padres have, similar to the Sacramento Kings. That was their complex against the Lakers from two thousand to two thousand and five because they wanted to beat Big Brothers so bad, but they always came up short. And that's been the reality. That's been the reality for the Padres. No matter how much they want to bow up, they always come up short against the Dodgers. Whether it was twenty twenty in the bubble, whether it's twenty twenty in the regular season. You know, the only time the Padres really were able to land a jab was during the twenty twenty two NLDS when they beat the Dodgers in that series. And I've gone through my side of things, I never thought the Dodgers really took that series as seriously as they should have. But nonetheless, the Padres did beat them, and that gave them confidence to believe that they belong on the same field with the Dodgers. And they almost beat him again last year, but the emotions got the best of them. Manny Machado throwing the ball at Dave Roberts in the dugout, the Padres realizing where they were, and all of a sudden their offense went extremely cold. Mike shilt Aj Preller wanting to have Dylan c start, you know, instead of Martine Perez last year.
Speaker 3: So there were a lot of different.
Speaker 6: Things, and emotions always seemed to get the best of the Padres, and they did again tonight, and it may even cost them their closer for a few games, because their closer hit the face of Major League Baseball tonight in retaliation and not only did a right handed reliever like Robert Suarez hit shoe a Otani, he went above the shoulders between the one and the seven to hit Otani. That was extremely too close to the head. You don't do that. That's an unwritten rule. You do what Randy Vasquez did. You go below the waist, You hit him in the thigh, you hit him in the hamstring like he did the second game of the series.
Speaker 3: But if we're keeping score here, Mike Shilt, if.
Speaker 6: You're driving back to San Diego right now and you're keeping score, because you obviously are, and yes, the Dodgers did hit Fernando Tattis Junior unintentionally three times in seven games, so you're keeping score. So let's keep this score. You and your pitchers intentionally hit the best player in Major League Baseball twice, and in fact, you did it in a sloppy way. Randy Vasquez had two shots at O'tani on Tuesday night, another unwritten rule.
Speaker 3: You get one shot. He missed it. He went again.
Speaker 6: And then tonight Robert Suarez a three to zero with two outs and Miguel Rojas on deck instead of Mookie Betts, and he goes above the waist and above the shoulder area right there.
Speaker 3: Come on, if we're.
Speaker 6: Keeping score and we're baseball men here, you should know that was over the line. Now, I will say this in defense of the Padres. And like I mentioned during the Clubhouse Show, I was furious at the Dodgers' pitching staff for not protecting their hitters against the Cardinals during the twenty thirteen season and the twenty fourteen season. We all remember Joe Kelly, everybody's favorite son now in La Mariachi Joe. Yeah, it was Joe Kelly that broke Hanley Ramirez's ribs and changed the complexion of that NLCS in twenty thirteen because that entire twenty thirteen season, the Cardinals were doing what the Dodgers were doing in these seven games, pitching inside aggressively, and if they hit tattoos, they hit tattoos. Sorry, Luke Trevino, Sorry, you know little here, but if you can't command the pitches inside, don't go in there. And I was furious at the Dodgers for not retaliating a few different times during the regular season, and I was upset during the NLCS they did not, you know, hit another Cardinals batter during that NLCS. It took the Cardinals hitting whoever during the twenty fourteen season. I can't remember even who it was for Clayton Kershaw to hit Matt Holiday. That was the first and only time. So I don't have a problem with protecting your superstar, but do it the right way. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Ben and see me Valley. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 7: Ben Hi, David, Yeah, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: Listen. I love when dust up like this happened. As a fan, I feel like this was a long time coming. Like I can't wait to hear all the other callers reactions tonight. I can't wait for, you know, John Boyd to make one of those lip reading videos so I can watch it. You know, I've been on hold for a half hour writing down all my thoughts like a like a madman, you know, just waiting to talk to you. But just look at the differences between these two teams. I think, for example, look at Otani's reaction to being themed twice, which was clearly intentional, like no question about it, and then watched Katis Junior and Mike schilt overreacts like divas, like I can't imagine that, And you know, I think it was very telling how even when Tatis was hit tonight, Shilt ran out and just started pointing the finger at Dave Roberts instead of even checking on his guys, Like, has this guy just been so tired of coming in second place for a couple of years now that he's just resorting to these bush league tactics trying to galvanize his sorry team or something. That's that's the impression that I'm getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 6: And look, Mike Shilt crossed the line as well, the way he went after Dave Roberts and even some of his postgame comments saying enough is enough. I mean, you don't go after show Aotani the way they did. You have to recognize what's going on in the game. Do they really believe that Jack Little, making his major league debut was hitting Tatis Junior on purpose? I mean, it's one thing to be upset and rightfully so that he got hit again, But you're gonna go after Dave Roberts as if he ordered that. I mean, come on, and here's another part of this equation. And I'm also mentioned this during the Clubhouse Show when Mark McGuire was the Dodgers hitting coach. He talked to me about how guys get hit in the hands because they have not been taught the proper.
Speaker 3: Way on how to get out of the way of pitches.
Speaker 6: If Tatish Junior just turns his back the way Otani did, his hands don't get hit. They were compromised. It's simple as that. It was a fastball. I don't know why he's trying to dive into the pitch now. I'm not happy about him getting hit on the hands, and I'm not saying he deserved getting hit on the hands, but the fact is he didn't try to get out of the way the right way. O'tani was textbook in that matter, just like he is in a lot of different ways. And I love the way Otani was basically taunting the padres and laughing at him in some way, you know, playing his mind games instead of giving them what they wanted. And that was the outrageous emotional reaction.
Speaker 3: That they had.
Speaker 6: I mean, the way Otani kept his team in check was pretty masterful. And here's what Mike Schild had to say after the game tonight, as he basically spelled out that, you know, Robert Suarez go ahead and hit Otani again.
Speaker 8: Did you did you think the pitch was intentional to hit Tatista tonight in that spot.
Speaker 9: I'd like to think not, but I can't say that. Only a couple of people know that. And whether it was or it wasn't, enough is enough. You know, we got a guy who's getting X rays right now. It's one of the best players in the game, of course, on our team. And this guy's get has taken shots, okay, and before the series, you know we had and I can back this up with complete evidence. You know, track records speak for themselves. The teams that I'm managed don't get into alter casey this because teams I'm managed don't throw at people. But also teams I've managed don't take anything. And after a while, I'm not going to take it, and I'm not going to take it on behalf of Toddy. I'm not going to take it on behalf of our team. Intentional aren't intentional, truly, That's simple. That's how this game's play. And you want to call that old school, then yeah, we'll play old school.
Speaker 10: Baseball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, Mike Schild, what about old school baseball where you only get one shot to hit a player and you don't go close to the shoulder head area when you try to hit somebody intentionally or unintentionally.
Speaker 3: Is he serious? He doesn't even know what he's saying.
Speaker 6: He's saying on one hand, he isn't sure whether or not Jack Little hit Tattoos Junior on purpose, which he didn't.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: Do you think Jack Little's coming into the game and being told to hit Fernando Tattoos Junior. If you look at the track record of Dave Roberts and the Dodgers since Andrew Freeman and him took over, they actually go the complete opposite and discourage that type of stuff from happening. Dave doesn't want to be ejected. He actually gets mad at me when I tell him you should be ejected sometimes, and he doesn't want to do that. But when the opposing manager is like going nuts and losing his mind, what's he supposed to do? Just sit there? No, He's gonna defend himself and defend his team. I mean, come on, it was clear the Dodgers and I don't want to use the word punt because they weren't punting on the game, but they clearly saw that the Padres were in hand of this game five to nothing going into the ninth inning, or he wouldn't have pinch hit you know, Rojas and rushing and keyk a Hernandez. I mean, does Mike Shildt understand what was going on in this game? We're gonna empty our guys, but uh, you know we're gonna let Jack Little, making his major league debut hit your guy on purpose. Hey, I'm a big believer if you can't command pitching inside, you shouldn't do it. But for Mike Shildt to say what he said, enough is enough?
Speaker 3: I mean, what is enough? I mean, come on.
Speaker 6: I talked to Luke Trevino too the day after all that stuff happened on Tuesday night, and he said, look, I understand the optics, it doesn't look good, but I'm not trying to hit Tattoos Junior on purpose. I mean, Mike shilt again, overly emotional, and it always comes from that Padres dugout. They got that Rick Adelman, Mike Bibby inferiority complex. They got it, Chris Weber, all those guys. That's who the Padres are. And you know what, the Sacramento Kings never won a World or NBA championship, and the Padres are further from it than they were even a year ago. You want to talk about old sc well baseball, Mike Schilt, you're contradicting yourself. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Sheldon who was at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Sheldon, where were your seats in the ninth inning?
Speaker 1: I was sitting one twenty load, so I had a great view of Mike Schilt crying every time at ball buzz by Tattos. I saw it when Travino was pitching. I saw it obviously when the poor little was pitching. I just think it's Bushley, because let's not forget they also hit powheads right behind the numbers two once, you know, two days ago, and then again yesterday, and you didn't see anyone handled it perfectly.
Speaker 5: And he didn't, he didn't.
Speaker 3: Get over emotional. He handled it perfectly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Padres are just so focused on the Dodgers that you saw that Shilt looking for a way to go attack.
Speaker 3: And that's a great way to put it. That's a great way to put it.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers are living rent free in Mike Shields head since last year's NLDS living rent free.
Speaker 1: You just cannot hit Atani three and oh wait until the next series, you cannot hit him three and oh that's just Bushley.
Speaker 3: Suarez should be suspended ten games.
Speaker 6: Mike Shildt after what I just heard right there, and I know major League Baseball listens to all these postgame quotes, Mike Shilt should be suspended for basically admitting that he may have ordered Roberts Suarez to hit O'tani and Randy Vasquez to hit Otani. I mean, I don't know what other evidence you need. They he should be suspended for ordering that. And you know, Dave Roberts, by the way, didn't bump an umpire. If you bump an umpire, it's an automatic suspension. He bumped Mike Shilt. He may have tripped on the grass. I don't even know. But just because you bumped barely doesn't mean you should be suspended. And Dave Roberts did not order anybody to be hit. Hey, thanks for the phone call, Sheldon appreciated. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. We got a lot, a lot of calls coming in. Colin will get to you in a second, so be patient. Let's go out to Eugene. Jeff, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Hey, David, how are you hey?
Speaker 3: Fired up tonight? Jeff?
Speaker 11: I just wanted to talk to you about Dalton rushing his at bat in the ninth inning.
Speaker 5: I mean, he got five pitches and somehow ended up with three two count I mean, how do you.
Speaker 11: Feel about that? Well?
Speaker 6: I thought Marvin Hudson called a strike on a pitch that was outside and it kind of, I wouldn't say it kind of frustrated him, but certainly he knew it was a ball and.
Speaker 3: That kind of changed the at bat.
Speaker 6: But you know, I'll say this, it would have been nice to have Mookie Betts and Will Smith in that spot. Albeit Rojas was able to draw a two out walk, but it would have been nice to have Will Smith there. And you know, I understand Dave Roberts wanting to give guys rest, but what's the difference if you're taking them out in the eighth inning with this offense?
Speaker 3: You can't concede anything.
Speaker 6: This offense is so good and they get to so many relievers, even in the ninth inning, down to your last six outs. I mean, that's how good they are. And I understand not wanting to use any of your high leverage relievers. I'm perfectly fine with that, but I would have left Freddie and Mookie and Will Smith in there for the rest of the game. And look, the Dodgers take three out of four from the Padres, and they split the final two games of the series without using Kirbyates, without using Tanner Scott, without using Alex Vesia. They came out ahead in this series, winning three out of four and not using any of their high leverage relievers the final two games of this series. So that was a big win for the Dodgers in more ways than one. And tonight that tough twenty nine game stretch comes to an end after the Dodgers take three out of four from the Padres. This tough twenty nine game stretch against teams above five hundred that are playoff teams started when the Dodgers played the Arizona Diamondbacks here at Dodgers Stadium beginning on May nineteenth, the Dodgers played the Diamondbacks three times, they played the Mets seven times, they played the Yankees, they played the Cardinals in Saint Louis, they had the Padres seven times, and they saw the Giants for the first time. So all that stuff, you know, I would say the Dodgers did really well, considering they're not even at full strength with their pitching staff. Seventeen and twelve during this twenty nine game stretch eight six six nine, eight, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Eileen. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 11: Eileen, Hi, thanks for accepting my call. We're huge fans of yours and of course the Dodgers. I just wanted to get your thoughts on Jack Little's performance today. I know he's a rookie and he's coming up, so yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I thought, you know, the nerves were there and that was obvious. But he's pitched really well at Triple A and he's a guy that the Dodgers can use to eat innings.
Speaker 11: And do you think we'll see him again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's a very good chance we'll see him again.
Speaker 11: And I just want to give props to the Dodgers because I was there at the game and I thought that they handled everything pretty classy. And I was actually surprised that the Padres didn't go after pa Has again.
Speaker 6: I mean they went after Otani again. I mean, what else do you want? I would say they got the big right there, and I don't. I don't love it all right, Eileen, Thanks for the phone call. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. When we continue more of your phone calls. Hose Moti will check in and we'll hear from Dave Roberts again. After Mike Shilton, the Padres lose their mind and UH find a way to survive the Dodgers. In the ninth inning after a three run rally comes up short, Padres avoid their first four game sweep at the hands of the Dodgers since two thousand and nine. That happened here at Dodgers Stadium. So they avoid that with a five to three win right here on five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Bassei.
Speaker 3: Tatisa is still on the ground. He lost his helmet. He's being checked on by a rise.
Speaker 1: And now Mike.
Speaker 3: Shilt is barking at Dave Roberts. Dave Roberts out of the dugout.
Speaker 5: The managers are gonna come face to face. Standing in between him is the crouchie, Marvin Hudson and talk. Just put Mike Schilt. The dugout's clear. Mike Shilt has been barking all day and then he yelled at Dave Roberts. In the Padres and Dodger bullpens now empty, they gather on the warning track next to the Dodger dugout. This has been brewing all season long.
Speaker 6: Temper's boiled over as the Padres got so frustrated by the Dodgers beating them so many times within a week, two out of three in San Diego and winning the first three games of this series at Dodgers Stadium. I can understand why Mike Shilt was so frustrated. Welcome back to Dodger Talk. David vasse with you until the top of the hour. Both managers ejected tonight, and so is Robert Suarez. Robert Suarez should be suspended for at least ten games, and Mike Shilt should be suspended as well for a basically admitting post game that he was good with his pictures hitting showe Aotani twice in this series. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast to go to AM five seventy LA sports dot Com. Use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. We'll check in with Jose Mota in a minute, but first let's hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts and his side of things. And he was very calm, very calm, unlike the emotional Mike Shilt, you know.
Speaker 10: The way I see it. The way I saw it was Jack Little was making his major league debut, and he's trying to get through the outing and we're trying to get him to finish the game. And obviously the armside miss to Iglesias walk some walks in a run and then he hits Tatis with an armside fastball. Obviously, I think anyone knows there was no intent, and so and I think even you know, Mike speaking the other day talking about intent versus no intent, and so I think they did anyone understand that there was no intent there. And even by my reaction, I didn't feel good about Tatis, a great player, good guy, getting hit. I didn't feel good about it. And so as he comes out and he's yelling at me and staring me down, that bothers me because, to be quite frank, that's the last thing I wanted. I'm taking starters out of the game and you know, trying to you know, get this game over and get this kid a couple of innings. And so that's why I felt, you know, I took that personal because I understand the game and know that I understand it doesn't feel good to get hit, but understand again intent versus clearly no intent. Oh absolutely, yeah, absolutely. I mean it's three and zero, and again, this is a right handed pitcher going across court to hit show hey up up and in that that's a hard throat and I don't know how many left hand hitters swore as his hit with the fastball, but clearly there was intent behind it, and and yeah.
Speaker 6: I was thinking Dave Roberts and Mike Shildt after they were thrown out in the top of the ninth inning, We're gonna go Doug Christy and Rick Fox and meet between the the two clubhouses. I'm not sure if that took place. Maybe just a phone call. All right, let's check in with our guy, Jose Moda.
Speaker 4: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 6: All right, Jose Moda, your first thoughts on Mike Shildt going bananas and overly just like the rest of the padres, and your thoughts on Robert Suarez going way too.
Speaker 3: High to hit.
Speaker 2: I'm soire is obviously there's not a miss because he went intent. He went above the belt, and you want to do that against somebody like Shohil Tani, against anybody, and you know, it just it was it was obvious. I mean, the Empires did not even need to meet to know that it was on purpose. And the other case is with my child. I mean, you know, I'm not going to get into the details, but he's hurt because he doesn't being the Dodgers. That's that's a bottom line. And the wars that have come out of him. He's really hurt by that. And also the worst is I think that we've seen some last year on all the comments post game, the comments on pages, uh you know, complimented by my child, they've all those things just sum up his frustrations with his team and how they're beating him on the field. And there's no doubt in my mind that what he's when when he talks about Tati he's getting hit unintentional or not, he's I mean, they're doing what they're supposed to do. And you explain it quite right. If you see somebody not protecting your own players, you're going to have a bigger issue. And I've seen clubhouse clubhouses getting divided by that. But you know what, the Dodgers are not going to play that game, just going to play their game. And certainly, I think Shoyil time and kind of by his culturally uh quietness and respectful for the game, just kind of put the waters to calm a little bit more. Butternally, what it hurts them all was is effectively of Austin Well the dogars ought to feel good about in the fact that they're taking things into their own hands while beating them on the field, and when.
Speaker 6: You look at the Dodgers' side of things. Andy Poe has was hit twice in this series. The first time he didn't charge the mound. He just kind of stared out there. He wasn't happy about it, no doubt about it. But how about last night got hit again and he handled it really well. He understood that it wasn't intentional. Stephen Kolik was trying to come inside and he got a little bit too close to him. So it's not like the Dodgers were the only team pitching inside aggressively in this series.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of things I want to, you know, talk about that you expand it up. Number one is you have to do a better job getting out of the way or turning your back to the baseball and guys, because it's related to not pitching inside of us. That's one thing. If you have done that too a lotier Clemmings or Bob Gibson, you're going to be plunked all the time because you cannot be diving into the into the ball as much. And that's dictated about one thing. As hitters have told me this, they're like, if I see a pitch inside, I know the guy's not going to repeat there. Now in today's baseball, veryly you see guys repeat inside. So there's they're more prone to be diving out over the plate, thus less able to protect themselves. So it's it's one thing related to the other. And with that too is if he had to throw a sinker and you have no command of that pitch when it starts in the inner third, you need to start it somewhere else so it doesn't get away from me. So intent or not, I know there's no intent in hitting cofte you. There's no way, and I'm gonna run your something else too. After the warning that was issued the other day the Dodgers did hit somebody else Iglascias. You remember that right, yea not intent And then remember that that was after the warning. Now where warning does not mean automatic you get tossed. It's got to be intent, which is clearly here tonight. But with the glassios, they figured Bald just got away. And that's when my childer came out and said, well, what was it wanting for them? But it's not automatic. I've seen guys now with some umpires that get delivered trigger happy get tossed after hitting somebody with a breaking ball, and that's just the far extreme, but overall, it's you know, guys are gonna protect themselves. I've also seen I was talking to my dad about this today before the game, and there was a time when Willie Mays, who's getting in decked time after time and getting justed, took himself out of the game because he says, if you're not going to protect me, I'm not gonna play for you, took his glove went inside. How about that for a message, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean it just it feels like the Padres are overly emotional, and you kind of take on the personality of your superstar and your manager, and Machado is and Tatis are very emotional, and Mike Shilt is obviously very frustrated with the way things have gone since last year's NLDS. Jose Mota is joining us on Dodger Talk after the Padres beat the Dodgers tonight five to three. I'm gonna read you a quote that just came through from Many Machado, Jose, and I just want to get your reaction on this. This is what Many Machado just said to Dennis Lynn of the Athletic Let's just hope the CT scan on Fernando tattists Junior's hand comes back negative. They gotta pray it comes back negative tomorrow and obviously by day he's meaning the Dodgers. What do you make of what? What's Machado insinuating there? If, if for some reason there's a microfracture, should the Dodgers be concerned for the next two months?
Speaker 2: Does a threat that managed to keep to himself off? Hopefully there's nothing wrong with Tatis. We know what happened on that pitch. The young kid is not does not have that control the baseball inside. I guess the way Tazis doesn't get out of the way it gets his hand. But baseball should look into what my child had just said, because you know, it just sounds a little threatening, and you don't want to get it cut up into those games. They're going to meet again in August. They're not going to see each other again in September. But this is where I was saying, you got to be careful what comes out of your mouth in these types of motions and situations, because you also don't want to get other teammates hurt, and you want the game to be the game, and whatever happens just to be happening within the white lines. Bus has been going on forever in baseball. There's a way of doing it where guys know they're going to get hit sometimes, you know, I just hear me blow the belt.
Speaker 11: But when you.
Speaker 2: Start publicizing more things, and now with social media, I guess its way faster. You got to be quite careful and measure your words because things travel quite fast. But I know the Dodgers and the way they Roberts and everybody from the top runs is they're not going to get caught up with the pots. They're going to try to go and beat some games and beat some teams and take her little Manny Machado is a leader. I just don't think that's the right shows a boards all right, Before I.
Speaker 6: Let you go, Jose Mota, one thing we didn't touch on as far as your your observations. After Otani was hit by Suarez, he kind of waved off Kershaw and the rest of the Dodgers from coming back out and spilling onto the field. And then he's going over to joke with a couple of guys that are on the front rail of the padres dugout, what did you make of that? Was he kind of taunting them and still doing what the Dodgers do, and that's keeping their composure and kind of laughing off the emotional padress show.
Speaker 2: He's being showy and just saying, hey, I know that's part of the game. Because as I was mentioning Tim Casey the other day, they happened with the Angels when he got plunked on purpose by the Astros because Josel Tubitk kept getting hitting the deck and after the game they asked, so hey, well you got plunked with the first pace by Roberto Sooner. What happened? He goes, well, we just hit their best player, and that was his only answer. Rutorre and I don't show you. A couple of days ago went back and talked to all the tazis hit by pitch Owen San Diego. But for sure, in a way you don't. I don't know if I the friendly notess thing is fine, but that type of situation, I think keep you cool by just saying I'm not going to react, just stay over there. But that's why he's handles throughout his career and certainly got to respect that all.
Speaker 6: Right, Jose, thanks a lot for the insight. We'll check in with you tomorrow. Kershaw Day just twelve strikeouts away from three thousand in his career.
Speaker 2: And that's what dall your focus is right now. Beat in the powders three out of four, take care of Kyda tomorrow.
Speaker 3: All right, sounds good?
Speaker 6: There he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast with Pepe and Ingez and Luis Cocchito Cruz. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. How about ta Oscar Hernandez being the peacemaker?
Speaker 3: Who else would it be?
Speaker 6: Right, there's nobody else that you would think that kid bring peace and get everybody's cool under control right there, other than ta Oscar Hernandez. And once things started to break up, ta Oscar Hernandez kind of got Mike Schildt to go back to the dugout. And after that, Mike Schildt was tossed, so is Dave Roberts. And you know that's you know, Tascar Hernandez. He's a peaceful guy, god fearing guy. But I would not mess with him, that's for sure. So ta Oscar the guy that kind of got to defuse the situation at the end tonight in that top of the ninth inning. Lost in all this is the fact that the Dodgers finished this twenty nine game stretch seventeen and twelve as they look to welcome in the Washington Nationals tomorrow night, as they just ended an eleven game losing streak with a walk off home run from James Wood. Let's take one more phone call before we say goodnight, John and Santa Barbara.
Speaker 3: You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing?
Speaker 8: Hey? Yeah, really good, especially after this game. I mean, this is what we've been waiting for. This is what we lived for as baseball fans to see this kind of stuff happen. Luckily, nobody got seriously hurt. The only the only swings and the only old say, intentional acts. We're at the point, okay, But as far as the people getting off the bench and everything, it looked like there was nothing that really happened. It was all theater, and it was really good theater. I was just so happy to see Roberts get up there and chesting, chesting, shilt the other coach. It was just great. I mean, this is this is baseball entertainment at its finest. Okay, I'm not into violence. I don't want to see anybody get hurt. But let's let's talk about these guys and how they're showing it, and especially the Padres. I'm a huge Dodger fan, but I love the Padres now because they're bringing it. They're bringing it. Manado maybe one of the best ex Dodgers to ever play, one of the best Dodgers that ever got. Let go Manny Mashadow's doing stuff, you know, and he's talking stuff, and he's making it just a lot more entertaining, a lot more fun. Sometimes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a lot This is a great rivalry that's going on right now between the Dodgers and Padres. Certainly entertaining for everybody that's watching. And that was at the Games, the last seven in San Diego and here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: And thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 6: But this reminds me a little bit of the Red Sox Yankees during the period of time of a Rod Bean and Pinstripes and Jason Veritek and them going at it. It's the West Coast version of that, and it feels like, again, the Dodgers are like the Yankees, who have true a history of winning, while the Red Sox, even though they wont an four, were still trying to prove that they belonged with the Yankees, and they certainly proved that over the course of the next three championships. But at that point, I believe, you know, when Pedro threw Don Zimmer onto the floor, it wasn't or onto the grass. They hadn't faced off in the alcs yet that year. But that's what this reminds me of. And Fernando Tatist Junior before we say good night, just spoke to the media and he was asked on whether or night's tonight, whether or not tonight being hit by that pitch from Jack Little was intentional, And here's what Fernando Tattists Junior said. Quote for me, it wasn't in the moment, but I mean, how many times they hit me already? Everybody knows enough and enough is enough, all right, Fernando, I know, look, I understand, but you gotta do it the right way. Your manager's talking about old school baseball, old school baseball. As you get one shot, Randy Vasquez took two shots to hit o'tani. Old school baseball is don't go above the waist and don't go close to the head when you hit somebody, and Robert Suarez got way too close to Otani's head. So enough is enough on this side as well, Fernando. That'll do it for us. Tonight on Dodger Talk, Clayton Kershaw will be on the mound, the undisputed ace of this Dodger rotation. The future Hall of Famer is coming off his best start of the year, seven scoreless sinnings against the Giants. He's two to zero this year, with an ERA of three twenty five and of course, just twelve strikeouts away from three thousand in his career. He's going up against former padre Mackenzie Gore, who has an ERA of two eighty nine and has one hundred and nineteen strikeouts, but he has a record of three and six Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at six o'clock tomorrow night, with first pitch at seven ten on Kershaw Day. Thanks to back at our Burbank Studios, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodger Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app, and you can also hear our pregame conversation with Justin Robleski coming off a very good night last night for the Dodgers. Coming up next Ben Maller on Fox Sports Radio, We will talk to you tomorrow night. Please be safe out there, watch out for each other, and treat each other with the kind of humanity that we all deserve. Once again, the final score tonight from Dodgers Stadium. The emotional Padres finally got a win over the Dodgers, five to three. The final score.
Speaker 3: See you