Speaker 1: Thank you very much for being a part of the best part of our day. You can find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official, Facebook's at the Sandy Show Radio and if he could only be here for this part of the show, grab the podcast version. It's real simple. All you have to do is search The Sandy Show. My name is Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat acerbic wife who once survived seven days under an avalanche fall in Sweden.
Speaker 2: Didn't happen. No, hi, friends, but that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: It did happen to a real guy in Norway.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think it's happened to a lot of people. It's not normally a good outcome.
Speaker 1: This guy lived, a tourist in northern Norway survived nearly seven hours buried underneath an avalanche.
Speaker 3: They say it's a miracle.
Speaker 1: He was rescued by Christian Mittgard and her search dog named Whiskey.
Speaker 2: Way to Go, Whiskey.
Speaker 1: Whiskey found him five feet under five feet of snow.
Speaker 4: God there in the dark and snow for seven hours.
Speaker 2: I would pass out from claustrophobia.
Speaker 4: I freak out and unable to move. Oh my gosh, I freak out. I freak out.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I couldn't either. Just thinking about that, it's just terrifying. Yeah, terrifying to me. I think what's not terrifying is funny things and what's the first thing that made you laugh?
Speaker 4: Who Ever sat down and invented the plunger was probably having a pretty bad week.
Speaker 2: No, nothing good is happening. If you need a plunger, yeah, you've got to.
Speaker 3: You got a problem in this. Someone said, I'm gonna fix it. Yeah. Where does the plunger belong in the garage?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, But the immediate question is when you've just used the plunger and it's wet.
Speaker 3: Needs going to the absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't just walk directly after using it back to the garage at al Terrippians. No, it's gross in the bathtub two yeah, but come on, I mean, maybe shake it off or rinse it off a little bit of the toy, but then quickly with no drip and get it into the bathtub.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, definitely, definitely. The plunger is a nasty utensil.
Speaker 2: It's gross, but thank god for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, there's nothing that will scare the cra oh see what I mean to do. That that will scare you more, That will that will get your heart racing more than what flushing the toilet and then watching the water continue to rise and rise and rise, and trying your brain trying to figure out what to do right and what order?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then if I plunge it is that going to make it worse?
Speaker 2: Well then yeah, it's disgusting.
Speaker 3: And especially bad if you're in a guest someone's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not good.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show today, I got a really funny clip of Selena Gomez. I don't know much about her. I know she's on one of your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 3: You do lover if you love her? I love her because we are one.
Speaker 2: That's gross. No, thank you.
Speaker 3: Story we love coming up? What you got?
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about those astronauts. Now we were on they splashed back down. They finally met home last week. We were on spring break. But we're going to talk about them and something that I noticed during the live coverage of their return home.
Speaker 1: All right, stick around. The story we love is coming up. Trisa's got the story we love for us in just a moment. We'd love for you to follow us. On Instagram. It's at the Sandy Show Official. You don't have to do it right now, but maybe check your account. Maybe you are closing in on nine hundred.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: The last time I checked, I think was yesterday. I was at eight eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's nice. It's cute.
Speaker 2: Eight eighty nine. I'm so close to nine hundred.
Speaker 3: Really, you just want to you just went nine hundred.
Speaker 4: You want the first number to be nine. Yeah, I'm tired of the first number being an eight.
Speaker 1: All right, So give Tricia a follow at Tricia t r seia dot the list, the.
Speaker 4: E LSHA the stories.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So last Tuesday, the stranded Space station astronauts finally came home, splashed down in the Gulf of America off of the coast of Florida. It was amazing. They had live coverage of it. I was glued to it. They went, they kept pointing out and I thought, this is incredible that they went from traveling at seventeen thousand miles an hour when they were coming down, and then slowly as they got into Earth's orbit slowed down and eventually we're just floating in the ocean. Like ten minutes before they'd been going seventeen thousand and all.
Speaker 1: The great cameras that showed the parachutes from the inside.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 4: So a lot of people were wondering how much and if the astronauts got paid for all those extra months they were in space. They're supposed to be gone eight days, they were gone nine months. Turns out the answers they get five dollars a day for each additional day that they were in space. It's because they're on salary. They only make about one hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars a year.
Speaker 4: Shocking shocking it to me. Yeah, one hundred and fifty thousand a year. But because they're on salary, they don't get overtime. They just get five dollars a day for like incidentals while traveling.
Speaker 2: Isn't that insane?
Speaker 1: Someone brought it up to the president. The President said, he's going to fix that. If that means coming out of his own pocket, Yeah, he's going to fix that. Yeah, they definitely need more than that.
Speaker 4: And people will argue and say, but everybody knows, each astronaut knows it. When they go into space, something had happened. They could end up being there a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know what, here's the thing where if they're smart, and these clearly they're astronauts, they're smart, They're going to make money on speaking engagements, yes, books, movie deals, things are going to happen for that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely that are going to make them quite a bit of money.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Maybe they don't want to.
Speaker 1: Make a lot of money, they just maybe they just want to risk their lives going into the into space.
Speaker 2: For one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. That's crazy. Here's what I noticed watching the Life coverage of the splashdown.
Speaker 4: That drone footage. Crazy, that was insane. Actually, there were two things I noticed. When the pot is just splashed down and it's floating, that first boat that comes up to it, they're looking all around.
Speaker 2: Remember the guy who climbed onto the side of it.
Speaker 4: He's the one who started strapping all the cords, ropes, gurneys and straps around the top of it so the ship then could lift it up onto the ship.
Speaker 3: Very important job, very important job.
Speaker 4: But this man, they were like, he's looking very carefully to make sure there's no like fuel, jet fuel or anything that could burn him, acid, anything like that. Whatever on the outside of the capsule, so he just climbs right, he looked, and then climbed right on and he did it well. Then when they got it over to the ship and they were bringing it up, before they even lifted it out of the water onto the ship, there are two guys standing there squirting with hoses, like going nuts, squirting with hoses, and again they said, with water hoses to make sure that there's not anything on the outside of the pot. And I was like, well, that guy was just climbing all over it like it was on a playground, Like yeah, I feel like, let's check and make sure that guy is okay if the guys on the ship are worried. But what I did notice that has taken over the headlines is that a pot of dolphins was frolicking around the pod as it floated in the ocean, and all the headlines led with dolphins, greed, astronauts. All of a sudden, the dolphins were the headline, not the fact that these humans just made it down from space.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It was almost Disney like, Yes, that is that perfect to have that in the crystal clear day that they landed.
Speaker 2: Perfect day, perfect waters.
Speaker 4: People have already said it was cgi that it's not really stop it all you y'all be quiet. You're exhausting your attention seekers exhausting and look like idiots you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some people don't care. They want to click.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, but I was like, not weird that the dolphins were in the ocean.
Speaker 2: That's where they live.
Speaker 3: Ready with your big sign and reporting.
Speaker 4: From the lester Hole Studios, I'm Triscia Delicia More coming.
Speaker 2: Up one O three point one Austin.
Speaker 1: I can't keep some of these young pop stars straight, Trisia.
Speaker 4: Right, really not just popstars now, they're actors and actresses too.
Speaker 1: Right, who's the real super skinny one that looks like a praying Manis you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: It's not Selena Gomez. It's ari Is it Grande?
Speaker 2: Ariana Grande?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: People are worried about her, that she's losing too much weight.
Speaker 4: She was in Wicked. She's been in the news a lot lately because of Wicked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but am I crazy? She does look like a bug right.
Speaker 4: As thin as she is, Yes, I would agree she needs to eat a sandwich.
Speaker 3: How old is Ariana Grande?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think she's in her twenties.
Speaker 1: I'm mean, look, I've got her page right here. She's every ninety three, so she's twenty eight. Yeah, yeah, twenty eight years old. Another one that I get her confused with Selena Gomez and Selena Gomez is in one of your favorite shows called Only Murders in the Building.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 3: I need to watch that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you would like it or not. I don't know if it's a show you.
Speaker 3: Would like chicky and emotional.
Speaker 2: Oh not at all.
Speaker 4: It's Steve Martin and Martin Short and Selena Goma is They all live in the same building and they're solving murders and it's funny. It's humorous. It's a little thirty minute show. It's like a drama. Y. It's really good. I just for some reason feel like, you go, this is stupid.
Speaker 3: I probably would.
Speaker 1: What's interesting about it is that Selena Gomez is what in her late twenties I'm guessing, and maybe younger.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Steve Martin and Martin Shorter in their seventies, so that combination that age got pretty big for people to work together on a show like this.
Speaker 3: But they become buddies, all of them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've been.
Speaker 4: Past interviews heard her say they're like some of my best friends. She asks them for advice all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, someone recently asked her if she'd picked up any old man tendencies working her own bang it out with Steve Martin and Martin Short.
Speaker 3: Here's her response.
Speaker 5: There and read the news with them every day, and they eat the same thing every day. And now I eat the same thing every day, to a sandwich with the dijon mustard, or all I eat is a chicken towad sandwich. For some reason, I'm excited to get my meal next to theirs.
Speaker 2: That's funny, that's great.
Speaker 3: I would never put dishun mustard on it, tuna.
Speaker 2: I think that would be delicious. Really, yeah, I really do. But I love it. I can just see her kicked back with them.
Speaker 4: And for some reason, when she says they read their news every day every day, I think of them linking at newspapers. Right, but the fat is kind of an old person thing to do, to eat the same thing for breakfast lunch every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do it.
Speaker 2: I do it. I eat the same breakfast.
Speaker 3: Te tell the people what you eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Not only am I old because I eat the same thing for breakfast every morning.
Speaker 2: What I eat is an old person's breakfast.
Speaker 4: I eat cottage cheese, but I put mac pistachios on it in a little bit of maple syrup.
Speaker 2: Maple syrup seems like an old person thing too.
Speaker 3: You're a mem, all, I'm.
Speaker 4: A mem But it's so good and it's so much protein, and it's so good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the pistachios.
Speaker 3: And do you look forward to it every day?
Speaker 4: I look for Yeah, not as much as I look forward to my coffee, though I would have been at night excited that when I wake up I get to drink coffee.
Speaker 3: She's Dresha. My name is Sandy.
Speaker 1: We've got more coming up on Austin's eighty station one O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot Com. I'm dying to hear about this, something about Charlie and the chocolate factory, which is of course Willy Wonka. You've got something about that and Caro. I don't care, right, yep.
Speaker 2: Something cool that somebody's doing with this, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll get to that in just a second. Real quick. Are you did you or did you not watch eighteen eighty three. I did not I did not watch it.
Speaker 3: Okay, never mind.
Speaker 2: Why were you telling me that underwear thing?
Speaker 3: No, oh, underwear thing?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, maybe.
Speaker 4: It's here's in Ford and Helen Mirren eighteen eighty three or nineteen ten.
Speaker 3: Nineteen twenty three Electrica. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was going to tell you that someone that is in Yellowstone is also in eighteen eighty three, but as a completely different character.
Speaker 3: And you never know it was hurt unless you watched.
Speaker 2: It, and people are they're like, nobody will notice, but you do.
Speaker 1: Once you know, Once you know, you can't stop looking at it. It's pretty incredible. By the way, if you wanted to know, if you have seen it, it is Claire Dutton in eighteen eighty three. John's sister is the attorney that seduces Jamie in Yellowstone the Smoking Hot Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the same person.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: And one of the cowboys in eighteen eighty three is the is in land Man is a billy Bob Thornton's son in Landman.
Speaker 3: The kind of.
Speaker 2: Strange, but he was a cowboy.
Speaker 1: He was a cowboy in eighteen eight three. So Taylor Sheridan's got his people.
Speaker 2: He's got to go to.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: We got a story about Taylor Shardan coming up a little bit later on, but right now it's.
Speaker 4: This, Oh we haven't done that like a week satisfied it felt good? All right, Sandy, let's start out with this silly little Swiss law. See if you care or don't care to find out what you are not allowed to force domestic poultry to do in the land of Switzerland.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I got me, you got you roped me in.
Speaker 4: In Switzerland you're not allowed to force domestic poultry to wear glasses or contact lenses.
Speaker 3: What's domestic poultry?
Speaker 2: Birds?
Speaker 4: Chickens, chickens like the pet like a wild hawk or an eagle. You can't put a chicken or you can't make more contacts or glasses.
Speaker 3: Well, good for that.
Speaker 2: That's a book. It's a law that's in the books.
Speaker 3: Funny, probably been around for a thousand years.
Speaker 2: But when would that have ever been a thing that you had to make a law about?
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 4: And I understand that, all right, Sandy, Kara, don't care to find out what these scammers are doing in Washington State that God will send them straight to help.
Speaker 3: Yes, I care, Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: What's happening is they're preying on owners whose pets have gone missing. So they call the number on the flyers, the posters that the pets have put up My animals missing. They pretend like they're from a shelter and they say they need money right away for emergency. Karen ask that the owners send them the money immediately digitally.
Speaker 2: Wow, they don't have that pet.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 2: They're just stealing your money.
Speaker 3: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: That special place in hell for people.
Speaker 4: Who did that. Yes, there is terrible, awful, awful. All right, here's the one I know you're going to care about. It's silly for me to even ask. Karen, don't care to find out about something new that's going on with Charlie and the Chocolate.
Speaker 2: I said, I do care, sir, I do care, sir.
Speaker 4: Netflix has ordered a new reality competition series inspired by Charlie and the Chocolate tact long I don't know, but it's called The Golden Ticket. It's going to combine elements of strategy adventures, social dynamics like all the competition series do, and you have to try to gain entry to a retro futuristic chocolate factory via the Golden Ticket.
Speaker 3: I love it had a bunch.
Speaker 4: Of challenges you have to get through to get the Golden ticket. I think that's so much fun. What's going to be fun? I don't think the challenges are going to be that different than maybe other things that you see. They'll obviously be candy related, but to see the set that they have this reality competition on, that's what's going to be interesting.
Speaker 3: That's Caared old Care.
Speaker 1: She's Trisha, my name is Sandy, and this is the Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station.
Speaker 3: What three point one