Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Sandy Show, Sandy and Tricia on Austin's eighties station. What O three point one? My goodness, who knew the refrigerator was so dangerous?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: My gosh, I'm scared to open it up now. Consumer Reports did this story about the most dangerous foods that might be sitting in your refrigerator right now.
Speaker 3: Here's what it's based on.
Speaker 1: It's based on how many people got sick or landed in the hospital last year due to food poisoning. Now, Tricia and I have we have an impasse with a lot of this.
Speaker 4: I'll eat anything in there, You'll eat absolutely anything. In the fact that you're not one of the people in the stats for food poisoning is shocking to me, literally, based on the fact that out of the top ten, there's only one on the list. It's not in our refrigerator right at this very moment.
Speaker 1: Right well, and oh I didn't tell you this so that you know we had some leftover baked beans from the Memorial Day Yeah, ate them cold?
Speaker 2: Oh god? Oh?
Speaker 4: Why does that make me so mad? When you eat things cold that originally reheated. I feel like that if there's something left over, if it was initially served to you heated, then you have to reheat it to eat.
Speaker 2: It is a leftover. The only exception, the only exception, fried chicken and pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cold fried chickens good and.
Speaker 2: Beans because then the whale in it turns into the white stuff, the crazy. Oh you're so nasty.
Speaker 1: Here are some foods that are considered to be dangerous. You need to be careful of. Deli meat eighty seven hospitalizations last year.
Speaker 2: Ten death kill you, Deli meat, I'll kill you, yep.
Speaker 1: Cucumbers no deaths, one hundred and seventy three people hospitalized.
Speaker 2: We would have thought something is benign is a cucumber.
Speaker 4: Something is boring as a cucumber, I love a cucumber would be number two on the list to put you in the hospital, right ps, the thing we're having for dinner tonight involves cucumbers and just saying I'm just borried about it.
Speaker 3: You just bottom right, I know.
Speaker 2: But sometimes it's from the manufacturing plant, from the plant, not just how it's stored in your fridge.
Speaker 1: Other things that are dangerous in your refrigerator, raw milk and raw milk cheese.
Speaker 3: Twin nine people to the er for that one.
Speaker 5: You got pastas or stuff. People, I gotta be careful with your Queso fresco and what that is. And kotilla cheese.
Speaker 2: What is quiso fresco.
Speaker 1: It's it's kind of like a feta, but it's free. You kind of crumble it off the little box. Beta cheese is in our meal tonight too.
Speaker 3: I do not like a feta cheese at all. Please don't put it.
Speaker 2: Well, then don't put it on yours.
Speaker 1: Two deaths from Queso fresco and Kotia cheese, twenty three hospitalizations.
Speaker 2: Eggs, Oh, eggs, are Colia dead?
Speaker 4: Why I had a little extra thirty seconds on anything I'm heating up that involves an egg.
Speaker 1: We get these things called egg bites at Costco and we still it's one of those jokes that will last forever because it says heat them up for a minute, and Tricia was cooking them and she goes, I'm gonna do it for two minutes, because you know eggs, eggs, because so now sometimes just out of nowhere, one of us in the house will go because.
Speaker 2: You know eggs, and that's all you need to know.
Speaker 1: It's not bad though, for as many eggs that are out there, it only landed thirty four people in the hospital.
Speaker 2: They probably had a way past their expiration date.
Speaker 3: Onion, it'll get you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not a fan of the onions, so the odds of an onion getting meat not great.
Speaker 1: One death, thirty four hospitalizations. So remember we were talking about the baked beans from the Memorial Day cookout. Yeah, leftover onions from the hamburgers. I throw them in my eggs.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're just trying to kill yourself. All the bad things. Leafy greens will get you. One death, thirty six people had to be treated.
Speaker 2: Got to wash them.
Speaker 4: Organic carrots, I've heard this before. I've never heard this about a carrot.
Speaker 1: Killed one person. Twenty went to the hospital. An organic basil. Huh, very specific.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Finally, on this list of dangerous foods and your refrigerator, any pre cooked meat that includes things like pre made salads, frozen burritos.
Speaker 2: Tricia, Oh, I've got the frozen burritos in there for our daughter.
Speaker 3: Frozen.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't care about that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna risk it for a totinos.
Speaker 3: The reason they put this on the list they get recalled a lot.
Speaker 2: They get recalled a lot. Those pre made bag salads.
Speaker 4: I always hear about people getting sick and going to the hospital from those.
Speaker 2: I love them, I don't like them.
Speaker 3: They're pre washed too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but something's not right if you're going to the hospital for it.
Speaker 3: If it's old, Yeah, it doesn't pass the smell test or.
Speaker 4: Even just looking at it. I just threw one out the other day and it was just brown. It gets kind of wet.
Speaker 3: You got the wrong kind of grapes at the grocery store. Those are not going to get eaten.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Why are they wrong? The wrong ones in what way? The wrong color?
Speaker 3: No, they're too small. I own something wrong with them.
Speaker 2: Because they're a normal sized grape.
Speaker 4: They have them be juiced up with all the weird stuff that makes them gigantic.
Speaker 3: At least get the juice step ones next.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get the juice up ones.
Speaker 1: All right, those are the foods they're going to kill you. Be careful out their people. Yeah, stay, and then the thing is they'll take it. Did the guy choke on something? Was it rotten?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because if it were choking the hot I'll geld be on this line.
Speaker 3: Stay with us.
Speaker 1: More coming up on one o three point one Austin's eighty station. Tomorrow morning, the JAB and Sandy Hour starts at seven. Be listening from seven until eight o'clock. If you can't, search JP and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app and listen when you want Texas anytime seven three, seven three zero one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 3: The Stories we Love from the Lester Hold Studios.
Speaker 2: Everyone's favorite rip potter, Trishia Delitia.
Speaker 4: So let's talk about my countrybute, Tim McGraw man. I mean that man, one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
Speaker 3: He's a heck of a performer, heck of.
Speaker 4: A performer and in the last I don't know what five six, seven years, stop drinking and does nothing but exercise, nothing but work out, lift in all the weights.
Speaker 2: His body is unbelievable. But listen to this.
Speaker 4: On an interview recently, he said that he's gone through a crazy number of surgeries lately. He's had three back surgery and double knee replacements in the last six to eight months.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: He said that he had back surgery right before his tour last year. Went back totally went south. Right before the standing room only tour then he said, I had to finish the tour with my knees completely gone and my back gone. So as soon as I got done, I had my knee surgeries done.
Speaker 2: And then he said it didn't stop there.
Speaker 4: Then in the process of recovering from knee surgeries, his back went out again and he had to have another back surgery.
Speaker 3: Wow, he's breaking down.
Speaker 2: He's breaking down.
Speaker 4: But here's what I'm saying, what hope do we have the normal exerciser have If somebody who works out in as strong as Tim McGraw still has to have all that stuff replaced and done, getting old's real hard.
Speaker 3: He's brittle.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just am saying, you would think that he would be one of the healthiest people in the world. Yea looking at him and we all have heard the stories about his weight room, travels with him on the bus. He works out like twice a day, three times a day for healthy eater, no alcohol, and still had to have all that replacement done.
Speaker 1: Here's something I have never met anyone that I've met several people that have had back surgery that when they got the back surgery done, they're like, yeah, I feel great.
Speaker 5: Nobody more successful it seems like it's never successful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would be terrified to have back surgery. I had knee surgery if I had to. Yeah, nobody who said, man, I wish I hadn't done that right for knee surgery exactly.
Speaker 2: But you and I normal people. We lift the weights here and there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm strong.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm stronger.
Speaker 3: I'll be better off than Tim McGraw.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I kind of wish you looked a little bit well.
Speaker 3: I wish you look like faith Bill. We'll take that even.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you this number surprised me, the number of days that people feel fully healthy in a month.
Speaker 3: Did it surprise you?
Speaker 2: Yes, they like it's a low number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do too. I agree.
Speaker 1: People say they only feel fully healthy nineteen days of the month.
Speaker 2: That's only like sixty percent of the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The rest of the time that the things that they say they're battling most frequently fatigue.
Speaker 2: People are always tired.
Speaker 4: Mood changes, Yeah, I mean that kind of happens depending on your age and your sex.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Digestive issues that's apparently a big one.
Speaker 2: And headaches, and that's what it gets me as a headache.
Speaker 3: What were the first two.
Speaker 2: The first two were fatigue and mood changes.
Speaker 1: You know what, all that all four of those things, I used to have them. All all four of those things. I used to have them, and then I quit drinking. Yeah, that change in the mood everything.
Speaker 2: And the headaches right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fatigue, mood, digestive and headache. All of them went away when you stopped drying. All of them went away. Yep, all of it. So maybe that those nineteen days, maybe you're drinking too much.
Speaker 2: Really, And here's something I find very interesting.
Speaker 4: When the study was happening, the people were asked during the study, how do you feel right now?
Speaker 2: And only twenty eight percent of them said they felt completely fine. The other sex we were like, yeah, I don't know, I feeling too good.
Speaker 1: I don't want to knock on wo to hear, but I feel in the last I don't know, six months, the healthiest I've ever felt since.
Speaker 2: You started exercising.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I stepped away from the family size Bagerese's pieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I just feel great. I exercised.
Speaker 1: I've recently started using a cold plunge, which is great.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel good.
Speaker 2: The number one way to feel better, it's the number one thing to do because instantly it releases the serotonin and all the good stuff in your brain. Yeah, it helps your body not hurt.
Speaker 1: I could bottle it up and sell what you feel like when you're done with your workout.
Speaker 4: It'd be a go zillionaire zillionaire, I mean, And that's not too There are definitely things that just exercising won't fix. That's not to say that all you got to do is exercise and it fixes it, right, that a lot of it can be fixed, and a lot of it at least could be made to feel a little bit better to some degree with a little bit of You don't.
Speaker 1: Have to do a whole lot go for a twenty minute walk, Yeah, just start, start slow. That's what I walked forever. And then we both started recently lifting weights on the regular. Yeah, I'd gotten away from it for a couple of.
Speaker 2: Couple of.
Speaker 3: Trist is afraid she's going to bulk up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm bulking up, you guys. I knew it too, because I told Sandy, I said, I don't want to keep going heavy on my weights because I don't want to bulk up and look like I'm entering some sort of bodybuilding competition. And then I was laying in bed the other night and he.
Speaker 4: Was standing at the door and he goes, I can see your trice up from here, and I was like, I told.
Speaker 2: You, it's already getting too big.
Speaker 1: Pound dumbbells bulking up too fast. You look like one of those East German swimmers in the seventies.
Speaker 4: I'd have to start walking around in one of those teeny teeny tiny bikinis. Oh yeah, and like get a super super spray tand and be oiled up all the time.
Speaker 2: Instagram video and talking a Russian accent.
Speaker 3: And new Instagram video. Yeah, do that.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: You could be an influencer. I feel like I'm just what's the story behind your shirt?
Speaker 2: A shirt? I just thought it was funny.
Speaker 4: It's a salty, salty shirt and in white capital letters, I don't know, three inch four inch tall letters, just so salty.
Speaker 2: It's like my warning to everybody.
Speaker 1: Say that shirt all in with shipping and everything about thirty bucks.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, exactly, every T shirt out there's thirty dollars. Yeah you can't, but if you order one, that's cheaper.
Speaker 2: Crap.
Speaker 3: T shirt.
Speaker 2: You can wear it like four times.
Speaker 3: Yep. There's a bunch of T shirts I've seen and I've just it's in my feed now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So here's what happens to be with T shirts.
Speaker 4: I have my sleep t shirts and then I have Mike can wear out side T shirts. Right now, this is a wear out side T shirt. It will continue to be a wear out side T shirt if I don't dry it. If I will let it air dry. The second it accidentally gets dried in the dry, it's a sleeping T shirt.
Speaker 3: It's a great story, just.
Speaker 2: Saying I have a lot. I wonder who's going to play.
Speaker 1: Me sticker around? We got more coming up on Austin's eighty station. What oh three point one? Hey, it's sandy, and you know, May is a great time of the air. It's the best part of spring, the last week or two before it gets really hot with triple digit heat. But some years may also bring some crazy storms and high winds. With all the wild weather, the extreme tempts that Central Texas throws our way. I'm pretty thankful for my friends Scott and Stacy Feller at kingar Roof Scott and Stacy, they're great people. They've been part of the community for twenty five years, and Kangaroof takes care of all my roofing needs and they've done that for a long time.
Speaker 3: It's not just me.
Speaker 1: Scott and Stacy's team have helped hundreds of Central Texas families protect their largest investment, safeguarding their place where you raise your kids. That's why I appreciate knowing that my roof is always in good hands. So give Scott and Stacy a call, they'll hop to it. You'll see for yourself why Kingaroof is the best roofing company in town. You can find them online at call kingaroof dot com. That's called kingaroof dot com. Hey, is it me or do you just feel like in the last out of five, six, seven years that there's just been a whole bunch of new words out there that people use to look.
Speaker 4: Smart, new words for things that already exists. For some reason, they think that just changing the name of something or the word of something completely changes the whole meaning buying something right.
Speaker 1: And there's a bunch of just made up things. So this goes hand in hand with that. There's a new cooking term that's gone viral on TikTok.
Speaker 3: You want to know what it's called. Yeah, water based cooking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, water based cooking. Would you like to know what it basically is? Yeah, boiling things right.
Speaker 3: Steaming things and cooking soups and stews.
Speaker 4: It's what they're trying to say it is it's the gentler cooking style and that it's healthier for your body because all of the other techniques like like grilling things or air frying things are the terear baking tang and baking sucks all the nutrients out of things and screws up your food.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be positive benefits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's boiling, it's boiling things, it's steaming things, it's poaching things.
Speaker 2: We've been doing it since the beginning of time.
Speaker 1: One of the videos says, you started water based cooking and now your skin is clear, your stomach is thriving, and you recover from illness overnight.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 4: Some people online hear some of the comments. Gen Z discovers soup.
Speaker 3: The comments are always great. People are clever, man.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: This one. I remember my.
Speaker 2: First ohh, I remember my first soup.
Speaker 1: By the way, since we're talking about this, and I took every ounce of energy. I had to not write something on a can of spaghettios. Oh, I was gonna take a black sharpie and write this is embarrassing.
Speaker 3: You are better than this.
Speaker 2: Op.
Speaker 4: That was for Landry, our daughter. She went to the grocery store at the other day. We're walking down the Chef boy r d aisle and she was like, can I try one of these? She had never had one, and I was like, sure, I go. I recommend the ravioli. So she went with the spaghettios and we had a discussion on with or without meatballs. I think she went with meatballs gross and she ate it and I was, what did you think?
Speaker 2: And she's like, I liked it?
Speaker 3: You're poisoning.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 4: She had one can of spaghettios. I lived on Ravioli's. I'm just fine.
Speaker 1: Last comment here on the water based cooking trend, which is really boiling and steaming.
Speaker 3: This is great.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for the next TikTok trend about fire based.
Speaker 2: Were these people cooking things before?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but top of you guys, get your own things. Stop renaming our things.
Speaker 1: You's gonna look look back on your TikTok and be embarrassed. Just stay with us. We've got more coming up on what O three point one, Austin's eighties station and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. You say you want to play the Naked Season jingle?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, let me get it ready for you.
Speaker 2: Hang on, we'll play it last.
Speaker 3: I want you out, so I want you to point.
Speaker 1: Your finger at me when I was that's the universal rate for push.
Speaker 3: Uh. What do we learn today?
Speaker 4: Well, we learned that Ryan Reynolds not Geographic. They have a new show coming out called Underdogs. It's it's a show about not the most amazing creatures on Earth, but those that are at the lowest point on the totem pole, the weird, unsung, gross.
Speaker 2: Creatures that live on this planet.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be hilarious. Green Day does the theme song for it. It's going to be funny because Ryan Reynolds is narrating it, and it's about all things gross and dumb that live on this planet.
Speaker 3: That's cool, I do.
Speaker 4: I'll watch it comes out ju June and fifteenth, I believe, on National Geographic Channel.
Speaker 2: I'll definitely tune into.
Speaker 3: How many do you have many followers?
Speaker 1: He has, Oh it's millions and millions Instagram fifty two million.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, Ryan Reynolds. God's good to be Ryan, right, really good to be Ryan Reynolds. He's married to that crazy Blake Lively.
Speaker 4: He's married to Blake Lively. I'm just saying, everything that he touches.
Speaker 3: Turns to Yeah, he seems like a nice guy, right.
Speaker 2: He seems like a nice guy.
Speaker 4: Another thing we learned today was a little fact that Sandy you told us that it has been proven. It is no longer an old wive's tale, proven by science. Said if a woman while she's pregnant has heartburn, that she's gonna.
Speaker 2: Have a hairy baby.
Speaker 3: Yep, gonna have a hairy baby.
Speaker 4: Gonna have a hairy baby. I did not have heartburn while I was pregnant. Our baby bald is a billiard ball, beautiful, beautiful bald head.
Speaker 3: She had a little black eye when.
Speaker 2: She came out, Oh like, she came out punched and she got stuck on like my pelvic bonner. Sitting in there for a little while.
Speaker 4: But I told the story about how when my friend Claire had her daughter Sarah, twenty five years ago. We're standing at the window of the nursery, looking at her in her little incubator, her little cradle, and the baby right next to her full.
Speaker 2: On head of hair, thick black hair, looked like somebody had moosed it up for him. We named that baby Ricos Suave.
Speaker 3: That baby stole the show.
Speaker 4: We wondered what Rico Suave is up to and how he's doing for twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Get a lot of money on hairbord care Park.
Speaker 4: That exactly could be a hair model as a baby. And finally, what would you do.
Speaker 3: If you found out he was bald? Now?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'd be like, dude, I got to tell you what your hair looked like when you were born, the day you were born. And finally, Sandy debuted our new naked season jingle.
Speaker 2: We declared it naked Season.
Speaker 4: The weather's warmer, You're gonna have a lot more naked stories.
Speaker 3: Yep. And so here's our new jingle for our naked season, Chick Close Naked Season. I get songwriting credit on that part.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you got the Boss to sing it for us.
Speaker 3: He's arad. He owed me a favor. I helped him out once.
Speaker 1: Back in the early days and Asbury Park was down on his luck.
Speaker 3: He needed us and asked me for a cigarette, and.
Speaker 2: I said, speaker for him.
Speaker 3: I need a cigarette, And I said, just keep the whole pack. Man, it's all good, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Your naked season.
Speaker 1: I say, hey, remember me. I need a little jingle. It's like, oh yeah, I remember you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You never know what one act of kindness can lead to.
Speaker 1: You're right about that. Have a great day everyone, Thanks for listening. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody.