Speaker 1: It's nice eyes with Dan Ray undoing Boston's news Radio. All Right, I'll remember four coming up here. Okay, I got a couple of options, and again, this is one that I'm interested in. You know, I hope you're interested in the same issues. If you're not, no problem. But I try to challenge my audience and meaning I want you to think about these issues. Sometimes it's a challenge, which we talked about last hour about a political race. There's a big case going on and probably many of you haven't heard about it, and for that I am sorry. But let me try to explain it to you and maybe you'd like to offer a thought on the case. It is a case that is really in its embryonic form. So we have a legal resident in the United States. His name is Mahmoud Khalil. I do not know from which country he comes from, but he has been a spokesperson at the Columbia University campus for the groups that have disrupted the academics of that campus not only last spring, but a little bit in the fall, and now they seem to be ramping up for more activity this spring. The Trump administration has held with held about four hundred million dollars from Columbia. They feel that the administration has been lax in protecting other students, particularly Jewish students, So the US has essentially arrested Mahmoud Khalil, permanent legal resident of the US, recent graduate of Columbia and has helped lead high profile campus protest against Israel's war in Gaza. This is out of the New York Times from today. Speaking in Ireland today earlier today, on Wednesday, Secretary State mic Or Rubio accused mister Khalil a participating in protest that he described as anti Semitic and supportive of the terrorist group Hamas. Foreigners who comes to the United States and do such things, he said, will have their visas or green cards provoked and be kicked out. This is not about free speech, mister Rubio said. This is about people that don't have a right to be in the United States. To begin with, No one has a right to a student visa, No one has a right to a green card. By the way, at the same time, they should you should realize that people who are here as permanent residents are protected. Lawful permanent residents are protected. They're not citizens, but they are protected by the Constitution, including First Amendment free speech rights and Fifth Amendment to process rights. Now the question is how are you going to interpret those rights. This guy's been arrested, he's been moved to Louisiana in federal custody. There was a hearing today in New York where his lawyers said would like him back in New York. I bet they would, And the government wants him his immigration hearing to be held in a federal court in Louisiana. A group at Harvard, which reportedly faculty in students that Harvard Faculty and Staff for Justice in Palestine is a diverse and inclusive organization of over three hundred Harvard faculty and staff committed to Palestine Palestinian liberation. What that means essentially is a total disruption of Israel because Palestinian liberation is not going to occur on the West Bank, is not going to occur in Gaza. Tried that, been there, done that didn't quite work out. Witness October seventh. This is the local chapter for the National Faculty and Staff for Justice in Palestine. So they're all upset that mahmou Khalil has been arrested for their words. His peaceful advocacy against genocide. They always they say, whoever frames the argument wins the issue. And the cancelation of federal research, they link this to cancelation of federal research funding at Columbia and other universities across the country constitute significant blows to academic freedom and American civil liberties. So this guy basically was one of the leaders of the protests at Columbia a year ago that really did get out of hand. I don't know how much videotape the government has here, and I don't know how you balance his rights for free speech. It's one thing to write a column or a period a demonstration. It's another thing to block students who happen to be Jewish from getting onto campus, as was done at Columbia. It's another thing to take over university classrooms and buildings and dist up the conduct of the university, which was done at Columbia last year. This will be There's not much in terms of past cases that you can rely upon for precedent. This will be a case that will eventually, I suspect go to the Supreme Court. But I just want to set out my position and I'd love to hear your position on this, if you're so interested. I'm not bothered by the fact that this guy is going to be deported. I'm really not okay. You come to the United States and you want to disrupt classes at Columbia. You want to prevent Jewish students from fulfilling their academic obligations at Columbia. You want to take over university buildings, you want to hold captive. And there were people janitors who were in those buildings. When they got there, the students wouldn't let them out. They wouldn't let them out because they didn't want to open a door which could have allowed the police to come in. But they still kept employees of Columbia University inside, in effect kidnapped against their will. As far as I'm concerned, this guy is adding nothing to the debate. We can have the debate on campus, but I do not need Mood Khalil just basically disrupting one of the most prestigious universities in this country, Columbia University. He has come here as an advocate of Hamas and an advocate for an organization that killed more people of Jewish ancestry in one day. October seventh, twenty twenty three than had been killed on any other day since the Holocaust of the nineteen thirties and the nineteen forties. So that's my take on it. I'd love to know what your take on it is. I mean, if you're some free speech person, and I like to consider myself as an absolutist on the First Amendment speech, But when speech gets to action, it's no longer speech. And when speech starts to block access for other people to what they want, whether it's blocking cars on the highway because you're upset about something, or whether it's preventing students from going into classrooms, that is for me problematic, very problematic, And that is for me what changes the dynamic of the conversation. So I don't know how many of you are familiar with the case, but I feel that in this case, this guy came to the country, he got his I guess he got a master's degree in international public affairs last December from Columbia. Good for you. Take your degree with you, uh, and don't darken our shores again. Go back and do whatever you got to do, but you're not going to do it here in America. That's my position. Uh. I know that many of my friends on the bar are going to disagree with that. Uh. And if you want to disagree with it, bring it on. All points of view are welcome. I'm not even interested in arguing with you. I'd love to know if there is support for this. I've had it up to here with the campus protests. Okay, Uh. I saw what happened to Israel. I saw how they responded. I saw that the Palestinian people elected Hamas to lead, to lead Gaza to their detriment, to their detriment. I wish it had never happened. Uh. And they're uh. And there are still people in captivity and Americans in captivity six one seven, six one seven nine, three thirty. This is a red meat topic. You want red meat, Let's have ad it. Joined the conversation, coming right back on now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio. Back to the phones we go. Let's start it off with John in Boxbro, John, your thoughts. I'd really like to get at the temperature of my audience on this issue tonight. Go right ahead, John, And can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, kid, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, my views line up with yours as far as green cards go. And I'm not that familiar, but I would imagine you'd have to fill out an application one year what you're coming to the United States for, and you know what you're going to do. And I would imagine if he filled out.
Speaker 4: That, you know, he was going to attack to your students.
Speaker 2: On campus and disseminate, you know, anti Semitic literature and so on and so forth, you'd probably get denied that green card application, I would imagine. And to your point, actually, he's not even a student. He's a graduate student, is they He's.
Speaker 1: A graduate, so he's no longer a student here. I have no idea what I agree with you. I thought that's a very clever way to put it. And I agree with you that that he would not have said that his purpose was to come here to block students, threaten students, take over buildings at the university, lead violent demonstrations. I mean this this guy. I'm hoping that they can show he was in the midst of it. I don't need the guy here, I really don't. I really don't. Jewish students should be allowed to go to whatever college and university they want, and they should not be in any way, shape or form, prevented, discriminated against, intimidated, spat upon everything that they have been undergoing at college campuses across the country. It's time for the country to wake up.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 5: And you know what in the disgrace of.
Speaker 2: What happened, I mean, you had four young you know, people enjoying the concert getting murdered, you know, babies getting murdered, and people being attacked, and then all of a sudden it's flipped upside down on its head and everyone's against the.
Speaker 5: Jewish students, you know, uh, you.
Speaker 2: Know, well, I mean it's it's mind blowing to me. Dan, Well, it has to me as well.
Speaker 1: Does virilad anti Semitism abroad in the land? Okay? And what is Israel supposed to do like roll over and and go away and leave the country that they have built for the last seventy five flexibly seventy five years? Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I had the same how arguing with my cousin.
Speaker 5: He's early far left.
Speaker 2: I'm in the center. But I said it would be the same thing after nine to eleven if other country said to the United States, we'll sit any hands now.
Speaker 5: And you know, you got to do, you.
Speaker 2: Know, be calm about it, and you know it's not what any civil.
Speaker 5: Society would do if they were attacked.
Speaker 2: And it's just a disgrace now in this country that you have all these students with privilege if you want to go and protest, you know, same with this guy here. The ide F is over the Middle East, Go fight them over there.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, got good luck with Good luck with that, kiddies, good luck with that. Well. The other thing too, is that they want to have a protest. That's fine, There's plenty of ways to have a protest. But what has happened is our definition of a protest has morphed. Has morphed to, Oh, you want to block traffic on the mass Turnedpike or en route ninety three or ninety five, no one eight, No problem. You know you want to do it outside of Lax Airport, no problem. It's going to inconvenience a lot of people. But you have a right to have your point of view heard. Well that's that's that's bs as far as I'm concerned. Once you start, you know your ability to and I'm and I use this metaphor. You've heard it before, so it's nothing new. Your ability to extend your right hand fist stops where my nose begins. It's as simple as that. And you have no right to prevent students from getting to their class. This is what it was. Intimidation and violence. And and this guy apparently was one of the league organizer's agitators. And he's not an American citizen. We can't maybe deport an American citizen for that, but he's in a different category. Get him out of here, simple as that. It's like if fans at Yankee Stadium, did you see the play last fall where some knucklehead fans were reaching over and wrestling rookie Bets Bets that come over to try to catch a foul ball near the stand, and they grabbed his hand and his wrist and his glove and they were trying to basically steal his glove from it. Yeah, and you know if they happened to break his wrist and end his career, well, you know, what's the big deal?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: And there were people who saying the Yankees have said they can't go to Yankee games anymore. Good for the Yankees. They were two knucklehead Yankee fans who thought that they were they were more important than the players in the field.
Speaker 2: So absolutely. I don't know if you saw this. It was I think it was in New York when they were blocking out the traffic and one guy pulled up and he got out and he said, you better move. He was going to pick up his son.
Speaker 4: He had a visitation.
Speaker 5: He wasn't going to miss a visitation.
Speaker 2: He got up and he dragged the people out of the way. They're going, Tommy, and you know, and I'm going to pack you back or I'm going to run you over. And I said that, you know, that's great.
Speaker 5: Because no one else is doing anything.
Speaker 2: Like like you said, there's one thing that peacefully protests, but when you disturb it in ambulances, what if you got some guy going to the contiac arrest that has to get the hospital they have they go look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and some of this would Some of this stuff happened with the Wall Street Occupy Wall Street. I had a woman who called me. She was a ninety three fourth taking her kids, both of them two kids, young kids like three and four or five years old in the backseat with double ir infections. If you've ever had a parent with double ears with a jaw with double ear infections. The child is screaming in agony. It's not something, it's painful, and she had to sit there. And then there was another couple who had been called that morning that the wife's eighty nine year old mother was going into surgery and it was touch and go and they had to abandon their car, uh and then walk to an exit and basically tried a hitchhike to get to see the mother before she went into surgery. Anyway, Yeah, I know how.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. And he not to interrupt you, but in the majority of people, they find out it's frost fund babies. Okay, there, they're not even students that one of these universities that get billions of dollars in the elements, right, And even this kid that I heard, and I'm not one hundred percent, I just.
Speaker 4: Heard a little bit of the story, but they were saying that the school was gonna try to back.
Speaker 2: Him and his legal fees and all this other stuff, which you know he'll get from you know whoever, the George Sores of a world.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you'll have the a CLU the a c l u R be beating down the doors, you know. Yeah, anyway, Look, I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was gonna say with green card, I was gonna say all the legality of it then as part as a green card, if it gives kim to be revoked like that because of.
Speaker 4: That, I just thought ahead if if I was filling out the application, I put all that stuff, well, I'm gonna come to the United States and I'm gonna disrupt and the anti Semitic.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure my uh my application will get denied.
Speaker 1: Couldn't could agree with you more yet. No, And as I say, he has has achieved a little bit more as permanent legal status, but again he's not a citizen. Get him out as far as I'm concerned. Thank you, John, I appreciate it much.
Speaker 2: Thank you Dan.
Speaker 1: Right now, I know that some of my my legal friends are going to disagree with me in this one, but I'm sick. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of it. It's as simple as that. This is not a question of uh, you know, civil rights. This is a question of somebody who's coming here with a political purpose. He's exercising that political purpose and disrupting the lives of other people. That's not what this country is supposed to be about. Bob and Rain and Bob, you're next to the nights. I go right ahead.
Speaker 7: Hey Dan, I'm a little bit familiar with this case, but I don't want to speak to this in particularly, but I do want to speak to you know this DEI nonsense and that it seems like they, what do they support everybody except for the Jewish kids. I mean we're having I mean, these poor kids are being impressed.
Speaker 1: I don't think this has I honestly, you know, Bob'll tay you. I don't think this has anything to do with THEI. I mean, this guy's not here, you know, if he was here as a DEI faculty member, I don't see that nexus at all. I think this is a guy who came here. We let students in from all countries around the world. Unfortunately, many of the students who are letting in from countries around the world take the seats in graduate schools that American kids could take. But we'll leave that aside for a moment. We bring students in from We bring students in from China who are coming here have no interest in staying here and are looking to go back to China and use what they learn here against us. Okay, So this guy comes from the respective that we're the great Satan, but he's going to come here, and while he's here, he's going to decide whether the Jewish kids get to go to class. He's going to decide whether or not that building at Columbia is occupied or not. Not in America. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, but that's that's not what I call free speech.
Speaker 7: No, I agree with you, but I guess I'm not speaking in you know, for him, but I'm speaking for like all these administrators that are have been allowing this to go on and having their Jewish kids at their universities being persecuted, and I mean it's it really is disgraceful. I mean, if it was another group per se, I mean it would be shut down in a second. But for some reason, you know, Jewish kids. Oh, it's okay, you know, I guess I don't know what they I don't it's mind blogging to me with them thought processes. Every one of these chancellors or whatever that are that are allowing this to go on in their campus, in my opinion, should be fired. I mean, none of these kids should be persecuted there there. I'm sure the majority of them are the United States citizens, and the should be able to go to school peacefully and with no thought that someone's gonna bother them on a on a campus that I'm sure again, most of them are paying big bucks big bucks to go to and they should have a peaceful, happy learning experience and nothing should interfere with that.
Speaker 1: That's not the place to break it down in terms of you go to a football game at ju Letts Stadium, when you go to Red Sox game at Fenway Park, you pay your tickets. You just like these kids pay their tuition. You want to see the ball game, You bring your wife, your kids, or whatever, your neighbors, and all of a sudden, you get a couple of knuckleheads who are going to run around in the field. You know what happens to those knuckleheads if they don't get get creamed by one of the players. The security guards come out and they're not all that gentle with these guys. I mean they take them out pretty quickly and pretty definitively. I think the same principle applies here. By the way, if I could just say, when you talk about administrators. Last April, we had a last spring, we had the chancellor of Vanderbilt University, Daniel Dermayer on uh when they started to protest at Vanderbilt. He told them, you know, they could protest, but once they engaged in any violence, they would be arrested. Well, they made the mistake of trying to occupy the Chancellor's office. They were summarily thrown out, they were arrested, and they were discharged from the school. That ended the demonstrations at Vanderbilt University.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what should happen everywhere. It should it should not be.
Speaker 1: I'm with you totally. Hey, Bob, thank you much. I'm up on my break at the bottom of the hour, so let me run for now and we will talk again, okay soon. Thank you so much for calling as always, Thank you, thanks, thanks Bob. Okay, gonna take a break. We'll be back on night Side right after the news at the bottom of the hour. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. That is the only line that's opened. Fill it up and we'll have full on it just filled. We'll be back on Nightside after this. It's Nightside with Ray.
Speaker 4: Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right here. We go back to the phones, we go, let's get everybody and got full lines. Jamie and Wooster. Jamie next on nightside. Welcome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I call it you early this time.
Speaker 1: Good for you. I appreciate that I got home early.
Speaker 8: Well there's another reason I called you, but I'll put that aside for now. But with this whole incident, Yeah, this guy, I don't know. I just frustrated with it, you know, like you know, these get these people do this and cause disruptions and who U and the whole way works and just annoying.
Speaker 1: Well that is the you've Jamie, You've hit the the nail on the head. Because these folks do not like what's called Western civilization. Their attitude is they would like to see our country run the way the Palestinian Gaza strip is run. That's the type of country. They're a strong leadership, they're in power. Everybody does what they say. If you're Jewish, get out, Okay, there's no conversation. So what they do is they come here and they use our When I say liberal policies, what I mean is we're a very enlightened nation. We have a Bill of rights, we have all the first amendments and the various amendments all. You know, we limit the power of government. They want to use that power against us in order for them to prevail. That's the brilliance of what they're doing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, it's it's frustrating. And plus I've never seen I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen a Jewish protest like a Jewish violate protest.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, there have been some uh in fairness on the on the West Bank with some of the settlements and all of that. Okay, that's that's true, But the government.
Speaker 8: In Israel has always.
Speaker 1: Cracked cracked down, has cracked down on that. They haven't encouraged that. The government in the mass encouraged because Hamas was the government. They encouraged what went on. They hid, they hid in schools, they hid under hospitals. They still are holding hostages, you know, a year and a half later.
Speaker 8: I know, it's sad, very sad.
Speaker 1: They will do any thing to win the game. We have to play the game by Marcus of Queensburry rules. They will do anything to win the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So the real reason I wanted to call you when it's not a topic that we have to discuss now because I know you're on a such schedule, but I know you're an avid Red Sox fan, and I'm sure you're aware of the whole Jim Rice incident. So after that, my dying, dying thing to ask you about what you thought about.
Speaker 1: That, well, I think it was absolutely disrespectful. You got Jim Rice, who's you know, Hall of Fame baseball player, and he was talking to some young guy in the Red Sox organization, and some hitting coach who's never played in the major leagues basically tells Rice, hey, leave our players alone. That guy should have been canned for for simply not understanding who he was talking to.
Speaker 8: They should have said, I'm disappointed in what's his name there, the general manager for not backing up Jim Rice.
Speaker 1: You know, well, hopefully they did stuff internally, jalhing about Craig Breswell. Breswell's a smart guy, and hopefully they did something internally. But that's ridiculous, But that happens in major league sports. If you went to many of the Red Sox players today and you asked them, okay, you know who was who was Rico Petrocelli, a lot of them would look at you like you got two heads. I mean, you know those are who was Jim Lonborg?
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 8: I admire that kid for coming up to him and saying, Hey, what am I doing wrong?
Speaker 2: Jim Rice?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah, no kidding, you got Jim Rice there. That's like if you were uh, let's assume you were uh uh, I don't know, you know, a ballet dancer.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and and somehow Mikael Barishnikoff was with your group. Don't you think you might say that Barishtakoff? Hey, or if you're a hockey player and and and you happen to bump into Sydney Crosby, you don't think you might ask him a question? Yeah, we're totally same thing, same thing.
Speaker 8: Something wrong with that? I just I just like Jim Jim's response. I was very happy with how he.
Speaker 1: And and and Rice by Rice, by the way, is a gentleman. He came to the Red Sox. He gave his heart, you know, he gave his heart and soul for the organization, never left the organization. Uh. And look he's he's been a credit to to the to the Red Sox, and a credit to baseball and for some you know, hitting instructor or minor league. They're a diamond, dozen't Okay, there a diamond, doesn't. There aren't many Jim Rice's those. That's a Hall of Fame material right there. Well we got that one in Jamie. Thank you man. I'm glad you mentioned.
Speaker 8: I was just so happy. I was dying to hear your opinion on that.
Speaker 1: Well. I pulled no punches on most of things, and on that it bothered me when I read it too. I agree with Dan Shaughnessy's piece of the Globe. Dan wrote a great piece on that. Thanks you bet you the show often. Thank you, my friend. Let's keep rolling, going to get Dean in Gloucester. Dean love to know what you're thinking about the possible expulsion of this individual.
Speaker 4: Damn out dat them out? Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear your fine. I read you a loud and clear.
Speaker 4: When I lose the face of my phone, sometimes I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not that girl with the phone.
Speaker 4: But I wanted to bring up two points. One. Sure, Israel, ever since they've been a country, has been our best friend. We have not had a better allies than Israel and the Jewish people. Okay, two is the other side wants that were next after Israel, after they give her to Israel, and they want to get rid of the United States.
Speaker 1: I mean absolutely, they're the little Satan with a big satan.
Speaker 4: You got it, the burning flags. So I am yet to hear a student, a regular student, answer answer the question why they're at it? Uh, you know, sensically and intellectually.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I saw a guy getting interviewed. He was a gay guy for gays, for you know, hamas and the yeah, yeah, hey, you know if you go to you go to the gods and streat, they're gonna pull you up on the building and throw you off. And he goes and an interview. No, they didn't want to talk. They don't want to talk about it, you know, they they they have there's an outside thing. Okay, here's the thing. Who woke up in the morn and call somebody said, oh my god, who's this idea?
Speaker 7: I got?
Speaker 4: Let's have drag queens read to our five and six year olds? Sexual content has really a wandish and you know who come up with that one? I don't even think it's I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: I really want to stay. If it's okay with you, Dean. I want to stay on the focus here because we can open up a million issues, but.
Speaker 4: I want to say, yeah, yeah, right. What I'm getting to is, it's always something outside. It's not you know, there's some some there's always this entity or organization coming in from the outside. Scott and all this It isn't it isn't.
Speaker 1: But again, the distinction here is, you got there are plenty of people here in America who want to believe in things that you and I might disagree with. And that's what this country is supposed to be about. Someone's a Democrat, sid Republican, what okay, But this guy comes to our country. He's going to go to Colombia, so he's going to get a great education. But while he's there, he's going to interfere with the education of other people, most of all were American citizens. What country in the world would tolerate that?
Speaker 4: Nine, You got it. You know, it's just like it's almost like like you're hear what we used to call good is bad? Well it's bad. It's good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's up and down. You've got it right. And again, you know, we do not need to enter into a suicide pack amongst ourselves. We are the greatest country in the world. We have the freest country in the world in my opinion. Is it perfect? No, But as President Obama said, we're always trying to move it in the direction of a better country.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we've made great strides, or you know, other countries they make no strides. And now we're supposed to tolerate people coming into our country and using our Bill of Rights, our First Amendment against us. I mean, if there was a demonstration, if there was an if there was an anti Semitic demonstration, I don't know, you know, some some group that just said we hate Jewish people, and they decided they were going to block Jewish students at Columbia. They would be arrested and to be thrown in jail, and they should be of course, of course, of course, right Dan, I appreciate it. I'm up my break, I got you in. Thank you as always.
Speaker 4: Great, great, great subject by bank man.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you call you, ad it a lot. Thank you. We'll take a break. I got mar Mike, I got two mics and a LENNI coming up. The only line that's open and I'll get you in if you call is six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. We'll be right back on night Side to finish it off for this night.
Speaker 6: Now back to Dan I live from the Window World.
Speaker 3: Nightside Studios on w b Z the news Radio.
Speaker 1: Let's keep rolling here. Okay, we're gonna go next to Mike Is in Tewksbury. Mike next on Nightside.
Speaker 9: Go right ahead, Hi Dan, and.
Speaker 10: Join your show tonight. Thank you, Henriche that Palestinian student, graduate student. My question is who paid for his education?
Speaker 4: Here is?
Speaker 10: Did the taxpayer pay for that? Did his family or his country pay for that? That's one thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I have no way to answer that, but I have a strong suspicion it was paid for by American taxpayers, by the by some sort of government program that helps foreigners, foreigners come here as graduates. Sus am I. That is my strong suspicion, which I will hold until it's otherwise. It's proven that he wrote the check or his family wrote the check for the tuition.
Speaker 10: That's so note talking about expair funding situations like that. Do you remember the marathon bombers?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, how could I forget it? The fact that one of them is still alive bothers me every day.
Speaker 10: Well, they immigrated here, and the first thing happened to them as they went on some form of welfare on the taxpayer's dying, paid their way to go to school, everything, all the three stuff. And the thing that bugs me about that is they they give us their their gratitude by doing bad things against our country and our people, and they have no right being here. And like you said earlier, I believe that they should ship that uh student back to where he comes from because he doesn't deserve to be here. I mean, I'm a veteran. I sacrifice for our country's freedom, and you know, to keep people like that away from our country because to me, they act like enemies. You know, they come here and they want to do bad things to our people. So I think I thank you Dan for letting me say my piece.
Speaker 1: Well, I thank you for your service in the military. You got it all in in about two minutes of two seconds.
Speaker 9: Great colle you have a good night.
Speaker 1: Keep calling that program, my friend. Thank you. Keep rolling here. You're gonna go next to Lenny and Neddick. Lenny, You're next do Nightsager.
Speaker 6: Go right ahead, Hey, Dan, how you doing.
Speaker 3: It's been a while.
Speaker 1: That's Okay, Lenny, come buy more off and we're open for business Monday through Friday, eight to midnight. Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting that you brought up Columbia and the student because I don't know if you recall, the Trump is threatening to cut off like a four hundred million dollars in federal Funday, he did cut off.
Speaker 1: Four hundred million to Columbia specifically, he's not threatening. He did it.
Speaker 3: He did it already.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then there's nine other universities I guess that are under investigation.
Speaker 1: A lot of them. Yeah. Well, again, what you know they tolerated. You know, they're running a university and they're getting paid millions of dollars on hundreds of million dollars by the US government. The minimum they have to do is maintain order at that university so classes can be conducted, students can go to their classes without fear of retaliation, retribution, or physical violence.
Speaker 3: So with this Palestinian protesting, what baffles my mind is there isn't one protester ever that has a sign that says we want a two state solution.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't want a two state solution exactly.
Speaker 6: So it's just you know, either either you leave or we anth they cleanse you or murder you. And that's like, you know, the land to the sea, and that's what the Gaza Strip was. Was basically like an underground war, you know, command center.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you know, you know exactly the situation there, and and and they made no bones about it. And they hid under hospitals, they hid under schools, they held uh they held their hostages under hospitals.
Speaker 3: And they're just monstrous.
Speaker 1: Well they are monster, the monsters and uh Netanya, who thank God, stood strong and did what had to be done, the finished the job. Whatever, And let's throw this bum out of the country, send him home to Palestine, send.
Speaker 3: Him graduating from them. But he didn't make him proud by not hailing the protesters.
Speaker 1: All right, Lyndy, I got three more. I'm gonna try to sneak in. Thank you much, talk to you soon. Okay, I'm gonna go. It's gonna be lickily split. Everybody here is called late Tim and wooburn. Go Tim, you're on the air. How are you, sir?
Speaker 9: I'm good Dan. I'm enjoying your show tonight. They should that guy from that guy from Colombia and get him the heck out of here.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. Everyone has felt the same way, Tim, which I think is great. It shows that my audience is thinking. If there were other points of view that wanted to call, I would be more than happy to entertain their point of view.
Speaker 9: I've enjoyed this show tonight, I think more than anything. And also April twenty seven, Naroli, Right, I'm gonna get to meet you.
Speaker 1: You bet you absolutely, We're gonna have a great morning, and I have any questions on it, you let me know. Go look at the menu. It's a great menu. I'm told it's fabulous food, and we'll have the Winnaker Band to entertain us. It will be a real great event.
Speaker 9: I guarantee you can't wait. And I'm gonna buy you brunch.
Speaker 1: Oh you're not gonna buy me brunch, but I'm good. We're gonna have brunch. Okay, talk to you. Talk to you soon, Tim, looking forward to it. Bring your nights that coffee so you can get refills.
Speaker 9: Okay, thanks man, I got my mug right now, Thanks buddy, bring it with me and I'll show it to you.
Speaker 1: That's great, sounds great. Thank you so much for being Talk soon. Okay, all right, I'm gonna try to get two in. Gotta be quick, Harriet, you're late, but I gotta get you in under the wire. Here go ahead, Harriet.
Speaker 8: Hi Jane, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: I agree that you should be thrown out.
Speaker 4: And I don't understand how it got this bot If the college is put up for the stop, graduations were ruined and they just sat back and let this happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean well, a lot of the administrators in the colleges themselves are antisemitic, and and then they're happy to see these students acting up. That's why.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, I.
Speaker 1: Think you hit the nail on the head, Harriet. I'm gonna try to get one more in. I owe you more time the next time you called. Thank you for being sicteinh directing to the.
Speaker 4: Point, Thank you, Dan, have a great night.
Speaker 1: Great to talk with you. All right, last of the hour, Matt, Matt, you get the final word, but we got to do it quickly, buddy.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, let's do it quickly.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 11: You know how I feel. There's no place in any institution, public or private, for anything like this. This happened a year ago. Columbia deserves the four hundred billion million that was taken from them. They are fourteen billion dollar institution. They've defunded and taught and continue to teach anti Semitism and anti hate and in bigotry against Scionism. That is my comment. Other institutions do that. Break down my Street in Boston. It's disgusting and it's done all over and repercussions and actions have repercussions.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Yeah, you have consequences in this consequence where this guy should be deportation asap, as soon as possible. Simple will buck They will, They will be fighting to the end. Maybe they'll find a judge and they'll prevail, but that will once again undercut the structure of our society.
Speaker 7: Which is what they want to do.
Speaker 1: They hate freedom, they hate freedom as we define it. They want to run the world. They want to rule the world and subjugate people with whom they disagree. It's as simple as that. And Matt got to run. We'll talk soon, okay. I remind everybody we got the Big Nights Eide Brunch coming up on April twenty seventh. It's going to be at the Narroli Restaurant in Westwood. If you want more information, You'll see plenty of advertising about it, and feel free to join us on Sunday, April twenty seventh. This coming April twenty seventh, at eleven o'clock, all dogs want to thank Rob, Thank Marita. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to Heaven. That's my pell. Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago. I just know that that's where all your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope see get tomorrow night on Night's out of a great Thursday, everyone,