Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Marathon Day Eagles. We're talking about Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow. How people are celebrating that we are live here from Burbank, the iHeartRadio Studios KFI AM six forty and like I said, everywhere on the iHeartRadio app on the Ones and Twos with producer Richie Heather Brookers over there with some news. Hello, so nice to see you in real life. I've heard you for so many years and it's great to put a face to the voice.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Saw It's so nice to see you, and welcome back. Thank you, Thank You's the good show today. I'm excited too.
Speaker 2: There's a lot happening. And Robin also there playing some music. Who actually is on the Ones and Twos? I could say all of you are on the Ones and twos? Okay, yeah, what are ones and twos?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Obviously I know, but I just wanted to ask in case anybody didn't know.
Speaker 5: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, I'll tell you what though. We are going to ask you all kinds of questions out there in the Los Angeles and beyond, wherever you're listening from. Please give us a call, because today's question is what do you do to be lucky? If you're Irish, you're already lucky. They have the luck of the Irish at Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow. But we're asking people what kind of superstitious things do they do to be lucky. You may knock two times on an airplane before you board in the jet bridge. I think that's a common one. I like that one. I always mismatch socks. That's my thing, as it were, or so I say. I mean, it really started as laziness, but here I am now with mismatch socks always, and I think it's lucky to do that. I like lucky stuff. If you have an idea for what makes you lucky and you want to share with us, the number is one hundred and five to two oh one KFI. That's one in hundred five two zero one five three four. If you have one of those touch tone phones or maybe you know, we give you out the numbers with the letters because we assume you probably have a dial, a phone that you can dial. But if you have one of those that spins, then the number is one one hundred and five to oh one five to three four. You can also leave your response or talk back to us on the iHeartRadio app. You can look for the microphone on the iHeartRadio app and click talk to us and we'll play that. And, like we said, that's really helpful if you just want to leave some information for us and you don't care if I talk back to you, that's like you get to talk, but who cares what I say. I think that that's a great opportunity. I can't believe we only have that now, but there you go. One hundred five five three four.
Speaker 3: The ones and two's are a reference to a DJ turntable.
Speaker 2: So is a one like on.
Speaker 3: The one and two buttons, or you like one two like maybe one's the beat? One is like a music track or whatever. Hey, so I guess in this instance it would be Robin because she controls what music is played where we when we go to break and she is the master of us.
Speaker 2: All people might not know this, but everything in that studio is all vinyl. It's all records. You're actually spinning vinyl over there, wikiwik we're old school radio. Well, I'm happy that we're here together on this Sunday. Lots of time about first though marathon. Did you get a chance to check out any of the marathon today? Did you watch it on TV? I think it's such a ride of passage.
Speaker 5: Noil but the boardop before me.
Speaker 4: Elmer, he lives right next to it, and they're actually blocking him getting home.
Speaker 2: He can't get home right now because of the shutdowns. Yeah, that's very interesting because we still do have a lot of roads that are closed. I'm going to go over them quickly here. They're going to start opening up a couple of them in the next hour or so. Santa Monica Boulevard, the westbound and eastbound lanes between Wilshire and Supallvda, Sepulvada between Santa Monica and Wiltshire. Those are going to open here in the next hour or so. Wilshire between Supulvida and Barrington. That'll open at two twenty, that's about ten minutes from now, and then throughout the afternoon in Culver City, Century City rather we'll start to see some of those roads open back up again. Five o'clock you'll see San Paseni open between Wilshire and Salterire. So that's in West La Avenue, the Stars, Santa Monica Boulevard, and Constellation that is Century City that's not opening until eight o'clock tonight. So does he live in the Italy? Is that where the board op lives? He lives over at the Central City Mall.
Speaker 5: No, he lives in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, he lives near I think he said Franklin or something like that.
Speaker 2: We got to get somebody out there for maybe somebody who's listening can let him get through it, because that's stuff coming up. We're also going to talk to somebody from Ireland's thirty two, which is a classic Saint Patrick's day hang. It's an Irish bar in Van Nuys. It's a valley staple. He ran the marathon today and he's also running an Irish bar during Saint Patrick's weekend. I'm so curious to see how he does it. What an interesting, interesting story anyway. Today though, like we said, the marathon very exciting there for matt Rickman who won. He won the marathon today with a time of two hours, seven minutes and fifty six seconds, which actually might be faster to get from downtown Los Angeles, or rather from Dodger Stadium to downtown Los Angeles then back to the West Side and Century city. Could you do that in two hours and seven minutes in a car during rush hour? I don't think so. So Matt very fast there. It's a first American, like you heard as I was talking about earlier to win the race since nineteen ninety four. That was thirty one years ago. Paul Pilkington won. We all love Paul Pilkington. Shout out to Paul. There's also another race going on down in Long Beach that just kicked off about ten minutes ago, the Sale Grand Prix Sale GP tappening in Long Beach at the Port of La. It's countries that are competing for the prize. I love that about the marathon, that the people who run. It's like the Olympics a little bit. They're repping their country, so you feel a little prideful. You feel a little proud there when you see somebody crossing the finish line with your country. I think that's really neat. Shovel today said first time in his Chris Shavel the KTLA's Chris Shovel. I didn't say them, you know, because I know them so I use their shorthand names. But of course he and Megan Arms shob the shop he was saying, this is the first time he's ever interviewed two Americans on the podium, so very exciting there. Coming up, we will check in with your answers here on what makes you happy? Where to go to Saint Patrick's Day. We'll talk to the proprietor, I must say, the proprietor, the owner of Ireland's thirty two. I have a hard time with this Monday Saint Patrick's Day thing, Heather. I don't know if you do Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 3: I do. I'm Irish word to the Motherland.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Now you say you're ready? Have you not been partaking all weekend?
Speaker 3: If I was truly deeply Irish, I probably would have started last Thursday.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like a Monday is tough though? Because I don't know. We all have weird schedules and news. But I feel like I've been celebrating Saint Patrick's Day since Thursday, And when I woke up this morning, I saw all those people running and I thought, oh, man, I don't know if I can keep going.
Speaker 3: You know, I had a much stronger salmonough for Saint Patrick's Station Andagan's when I was in college. It hurts too much now to party.
Speaker 2: To cart Shenanigan's also Irish.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so I remember eating. I remember waking up and eating green eggs and ham, getting to the bar like seven in the morning to have green eggs and ham, and then drinking green beer all day.
Speaker 2: Did you grow up in a real Irish city or did you live in an Irish real Irish city?
Speaker 3: Well, I was like Oklahoma originally, which has a lot of deep Irish roots, But I would say not really, No, it was more just like college, you know, party years who wanted to go out and get wild.
Speaker 2: It's weird because you know, I'm from Indiana originally, I spent a lot of time in Chicago. My family's from Chicago too, and we would always Saint Patrick's Day was something.
Speaker 3: It was a big deal.
Speaker 2: They die the river green. Of course, you know that in Chicago, in La the river's already green, so we don't need to die it. But we don't do any kind of thing on the same scale as those cities that are real Irish Catholic Chicago or Boston or New York. I mean, I feel like those places really are through and through Saint Patrick's Day. But that doesn't stop people here from having a good time, whether you're at Molly Malone's or Tom Bergen's.
Speaker 3: It's not as celebrated here, I feel like. And that's something I've noticed too. It's not quite as celebrated here as it is in other parts.
Speaker 2: I've also been studying a little bit the past few days understanding the difference between Saint Patrick's Day in Ireland versus America. The Saint Patrick's Day that we know, the bacchanalia, the debauchery, whatever, what have you, very much just American. I guess it's very low key in Ireland.
Speaker 3: Just a regular day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a regular day. Also, Leprechaun's not major thing in Ireland.
Speaker 3: They're missing out.
Speaker 2: They're missing out. These guys are great, they got the gold. They'll pinch you can't be in the in the era of hr being a Leprechaun. Pretty tough. Yes, not a lot of pinching going on.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: I Andy Resmer, welcome back. It is Sunday, March sixteenth, on this day before Saint Patrick's Day. It is two twenty in the afternoon. Like I said, I'm Andy Reesmyer. Thanks for being with us this wonderful Sunday afternoon. It's beautiful outside. I don't blame you. If you would want to maybe turn the radio off and go for a walk or something like that, I'll tell you take one of those crank radios. You got a portable radio, crank it on up, go for a little walk. Saint Patrick's Day is tomorrow. We've been celebrating pretty much all weekend. You know, we'll do this thing at KTLA a little bit where we walk around and ask some of our Native Angelinos and honorary Angelino's what they think about what's going on in the world. So we wanted to ask everybody what brings them good luck, Irish or not ahead of the Saint Patrick's Day for good luck. For good luck, I never match my socks. The irony is there's probably a lot of opportunities I've missed out on because people don't take me seriously. Without matching socks. We can't think of those things. What brings you good luck? Superstitious things that you do for good luck all from Grandma.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I actually got this in the mail.
Speaker 7: Your shoes when you take them off at home, you have to have them upright and next to each other, not like upside down.
Speaker 8: In my closet, my shoes always the right foot in front of the left foot.
Speaker 2: Anything you do.
Speaker 3: For good luck, not particularly.
Speaker 5: I'm just kind of lucky, and I'm just naturally lucky. I don't have to do anything.
Speaker 2: What do you do for good luck?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 2: I know you are about good luck?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good luck, positive energy, all of that.
Speaker 2: She's got one eighteenth Irish. Hey, does that make you feel lucky? No? You know lucky the Irish. Of course, we're asking everybody what they do for good luck.
Speaker 5: What I do for good luck. I'm not a very lucky person for good luck.
Speaker 8: I don't have good.
Speaker 2: Luck, right. I forgot that when we did this prompt, that we were asking news writers. No, I always hear like the lucky underwear type of situation.
Speaker 5: You hear that like certain colors. I do have lucky underwear.
Speaker 2: Oh, what does what?
Speaker 3: I don't care this.
Speaker 2: I wear it like if I have a big meeting or something. What kind of meeting? Wait? What kind of meaning? Kind of something?
Speaker 3: You gotta make it?
Speaker 2: Tha, that's a photographer throwing end of a strawberry into her the back of her pickup truck.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 2: I take a nap, take a little bit of a longer nap. What is it with people napping?
Speaker 5: Well, my name's Patrick, so I don't have to do too much.
Speaker 1: Always when I get gas, make sure it's an even number. Believe it, at like thirty five twenty seven. It's got to be thirty five, thirty five or thirty six even amazing.
Speaker 2: That's the answers that we're looking for. Things you do for good luck, Believe it or not. I carry crystals in my pocket, Glenn Walker, so you actually, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Repurposed a KTLA COVID mask.
Speaker 2: To keep them all together. There's many in there. It's like four or five they charged. I don't asked my wife. Now that makes sense. This makes sense. Now I didn't get it until now I get it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you did, but you're in the doghouse, and now I hope you're out.
Speaker 7: Got there?
Speaker 3: You got?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: What makes you lucky? What do you do for luck? What kind of superstitions do you have? You could give us a call one eight hundred and five to oh one KFI. The lines are open. One eight hundred and five to oh one five three four, or you can of course find us on the iHeartRadio app, look for the microphone and then send us a message. We'll talk about it. But joining us now a guest who needs no luck because he's the proprietor of a San Fernando Valley institution where they say they serve delicious meals and guinness that is poored just right, celebrating Saint Patrick's day every day it is. Will write from Ireland's thirty two in Van Nuys. Will nice to talk to you on this Sunday.
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me on Andy. I do have to just start off, not to start off this interview on a on a correction, but it's my wife's my my amazing wife is bar. You know, my wife, Megan. I'm just, as I say, the free labor that comes along with marriage. So but definitely, but definitely love helping her out, especially at this time of year.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get personal or anything like that, but I believe in California you both own the bar.
Speaker 8: I don't know she's at it all. She's had a long time before me. And you know, like I said, I just I just came into it and I'm very happy to help out in any way that we possibly can, that I possibly can, and very proud of her and the amazing community, that community that she's built with Ireland thirty two and we love that going all the way back to nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is a community right there at Bourbank Boulevard and Fulton. Is that right? Is it Bourbank and Fulton or Woodman right over.
Speaker 8: There Burbank and Woodman. Yeah, So tomorrow the line will be out the door down Woodman, I tell you that much.
Speaker 2: What time do you open tomorrow? And have you had a lot of practice this weekend?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've been, Uh, we've been in full gears since honestly, like Thursday, Thursday nights. Thursday night was a was a great night. And as we say back in Ireland, lots of crack ya.
Speaker 2: C r A I C Yeah. Can you explain that to people? Because I I love this idea. I learned about this from Van Morrison. There's a song where he's talking about, uh, the crack is good and as a kid, I thought that was a crazy thing to say. And I learned that that certainly is not an epidemic that we might know of it in America, c r A, I K. What does that mean?
Speaker 8: It's just uh, it's it's just having a good time. It's uh, you know, and definitely Ireland thirty two is definitely one of those places where you can always be sure to you know, have a great time, hopefully have a couple of pints and have have roughing cassidy back in the kitchen making you up a great, great meal, whether that's a you know, corn beef and cabbage, a corn beef sandwich, or you know, we even have great steaks and chicken tenders and you know all the and and also the traditional Irish food as well, like shepherd's pie and and other things like that as well.
Speaker 2: So when you say a guinness a guinness poured, right, what does that mean?
Speaker 8: Well, we take very very uh a very big pride in our in our guinness pores. You know, if you're luckiat enough you may you may come in touch with Alan Singleton who's been behind the bar here at Ireland thirty two since nineteen ninety are and from from Ireland, so directly from Ireland, learned how to pour again us in Ireland and uh, you know, so it it it has to you know, we take very very careful care to the how the how the kegs are kept, how the lines are kept, the right temperature is key and then uh, you know, making sure that making sure that it's poured out and and just the perfect pint and uh, as we like to say, it's the best pint this side of the Atlantic.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I love I love that. So you've been going all weekend. But like we said, tomorrow you start pretty early. Last question for you, do you do anything for good luck?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean I just finished the marathon, you know, so just finished the marathon, you know, so I definitely luckily, luckily enough, my father in law who's actually in from Ireland, a gentleman by the name of Seamus. He actually came in from Ireland for to help us out at Ireland thirty two. You know, he gave me a nice little Irish shamrock for some luck this morning.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: Needless to say, I wasn't I wasn't having to break the course record, but I was very lucky to have that little Irish shamrock with me as I ran the twenty six point two miles.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, what was your time? Last question? We'll get out of here because I got to hit a news break five point fifteen.
Speaker 8: So my first first marathon, first marathon, and I'll be hopefully I won't be pouring too many gunnises tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, well there you've earned You've earned them if you want them there, So there he goes. We'll write from Ireland's thirty two at thirteen seven twenty one Burbank Boulevard, Valley Land, Van Nuys. If you know, you know, it's a great classic bar, very few of those anymore in the San Fernando Valley and just a really great little a little institution there serving great meals. Like I said, live music a perfect way to celebrate. If you're still trying to figure out what you should do for Saint Patrick's.
Speaker 1: Tape, you're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Let us go up to Big Bear, to the Big Bear Valley. The Eagles. This is such a tough story. People are talking about these eagles more and more. It's been the conversation of every group chat that I am a part of. It's been the sort of I don't even want to say small talk. It's very serious talk around the different tables that I have sat at over the weekend a few days because one of the three eaglets went missing sometime at the end of last week, and then over the weekend, the Friends of Big Bear Valley confirmed that one of the chicks did in fact die. Joining us now, Sandy Steers, a spokesperson for the Friends of Big Bear Valley, We've been so glued to this story, Sandy, I want to ask how you're doing. Nobody watches more than your group. How is everybody feeling right now?
Speaker 6: Well, of course everybody's sad, and it's hard to take sometimes watching nature, but we have to let things happen the way they happen, and that we're not sure what happened with that eglet, but it got into It was in the nest the whole time, but out of our view because of the snow bank, and we don't know what happened, why it decided to leave.
Speaker 2: When you say decided to leave, do you mean why why it passed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why it passed away. Yeah, that's just kind of the way I look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand. There was a bunch of snow, it was very cold. We obviously saw not a ton of We couldn't see a lot. Then a couple days, a couple when the sun I think came out yesterday. We started our Friday morning maybe we looked and we saw that there were only two two eglets in the nest, and then now, what is happening? What has happened since then? That sort of let you understand that, hey, we've confirmed that this indeed the eagle did pass away.
Speaker 6: We were able to see it in the nest bowl as the snow melted it. The bigger part of the nest bowl was visible from the camera, and so we were able to see the chick there.
Speaker 2: And some of the things that friends of Big Bear put out yesterday were attempts to knock down some of the conspiracy theories or the I guess just theories that were going around yesterday on the internet. Do you want to reflect on some of those just so people stop with the rumors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people were saying that that Jackie had knocked the chick out of the nest when she was doing wing slaps, and they were which didn't happen, obviously, and the chicks were way too heavy and too big for that to have happened at all, And they were saying the chick, you know that Shadows stepped on the chick or it got stuck on his foot, and it didn't The chick was on the top of Shadow's foot when he was sitting on the chicks, which they do often, and as Shadow backed out, it just didn't hop off fast enough. But it very quickly, you know, rolled back down with the other chicks. And so none of those things were true. But everybody was panicking, right And I.
Speaker 2: Think that that's part of the story here, is that everybody watches and we're so invested, and it's been a couple weeks now of watching and waiting, and I think when your life is sort of focused on this one little frame, it's easy to become, I guess, panicked or paranoid, and you want an explanation for everything. And obviously this is unfortunately, just how the world works, and this is how nature works. Three chicks, of course, one hatched later. I'm understanding right now that we're not sure which is the chick that passed away.
Speaker 6: We do not know for sure at all because of the sizes that are very close, and you know, when we see it, it's the same size as the other, so it doesn't look like it's the smaller one and we can't tell, you know, which one it might have been, And it doesn't really matter. The two that are there will continue, and they're being fed and they're thriving, sitting in the sun, and because it's warm up here today, so Jackie's letting them have a lot of sun and dry out from all the storm and let the nest dry out, and we just have to watch and see what happens.
Speaker 2: So the weather really does have a big impact. I know that generally when they're sitting under Mom or Dad that they're okay. But when you're talking about freezing temperatures blizzard like conditions, I know that in the past that that has been difficult for Eglitz. Do you think that might have had anything do with it weatherwise or like you said, sort of we just will never know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't really know, but yes, the weather could have had something to do with it. We don't know if you know, one of them got out from under Jackie or if it got wet, or we don't know, you know, what might have happened. But all we see is the result. And since it was out of sight and it was night, we couldn't see what was happening underneath, and what.
Speaker 2: Will happen now with the chick that passed away?
Speaker 6: Oh, we're not sure they did. Shadow did move it out of up to the side instead of in the middle of the nest. And we'll just have to wait and see what happens from there. Sometimes it gets buried under material, sometimes gets off the nest. You know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I can't really tell from the live stream I have it up right now, really what's going on. But for maybe parents out there who have kids and they've been watching, do you have any advice for people so when they should start looking again or if they shouldn't, or how to sort of have those conversations with their kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, the chicks are being fed, so it's you know, but at the same time, the two chicks are bunking each other. But that's what they do naturally, is they they are competitive and it's part of the process. And in the past, in this nest, it hasn't never come to anything bad. Just you know, they are competing for the food and attention and they if people have trouble with their kids seeing some of this, sometimes sometimes nature is hard to watch and they probably, you know, can limit what they see, or they can scroll back on you know, the parent can watch it first and then scroll back and only show the kids the part they want them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point. Well, Sandy, thank you for always keeping us updated on this. I'm so sorry that you've had to answer all these questions a million times over and over. And I'm sorry that you know, we're obviously all invested, and I feel for you and everybody over there over there at the Friends of Big Bear Valley who are providing us with this information, but also you know, are like all of us, invested in this in a huge way. So we've still got two healthy chicks. We'll keep watching. And thank you for your time. Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon, and best of luck to you out there there. She goes, thank you for Sandy Steers. Really wonderful to hear from her. Like I said, Friends of Big Bear Valley, incredible that they provide us with this opportunity to learn about nature. And it's tough sometimes when we see things not work out in the way maybe that we wanted to. But like you said, two other really healthy so far chicks there to be watching.
Speaker 1: Listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: I'm Andy Reesmeyer with you on this Sunday afternoon, the day before Saint Patrick's Day. We've been talking about Saint Patrick's Day, celebrations, traditions, superstitions, call them what you want. We're asking you what you do for luck. Like I told you before, I'm a guy who's a little superstitious. I don't let it get into the way of my life, but I do wear mismatch socks, and I do fear sometimes that my thought in that it would bring me good luck may have limited my opportunities for success because of people maybe looking at me and thinking this person is not a serious person. He can't even match his socks right, And to that, I would say, you are correct. The number is one eight hundred five two oh one KFI. We're asking what do you do for good luck? I believe Richie, Producer Richie. We have some callers, is that correct? Correct? Who do we have? First? We have Rita from Los Angeles. Rita from Los Angeles, you're on the.
Speaker 7: Air, Yes, Hello, Hello, Yeah, So we've all heard about this on the news recently, and I'm here to inform you guys in order to increase my luck or I rather to refer to as blessings. I am the one that kicked Rosie O'Donnell out of our country and sent her back to Ireland.
Speaker 2: What wait, how did you do that? Where is she? What? What?
Speaker 8: I wanted?
Speaker 7: More blessings in my life? So yeah, I you know, me and God made an arrangement.
Speaker 2: And yeah, oh is that you're like on a board or anything like that that determined she would be no longer eligible for citizenship or anything like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know everyone thinks it was her decision. I'm the one that made sure that happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you have any specific interaction with her? Why? Why heard? I'm so curious why Rosie?
Speaker 7: Uh? She against everything that's holy and good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there you go. All right, thank you so much for collin Rita. Uh, that's so, that's fascinating. That's a very specific thing. It's powerful.
Speaker 3: I know you better powerful.
Speaker 7: I thought it was the public's right to know, you know the real reason behind that.
Speaker 2: Me with Rita, I'm gonna make sure I'm not on Rita's bad side.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got power. I got power if.
Speaker 2: I ever start, if I ever do us a reboot of the Flintstones and I play Pebble. Who did she play in the in the Flintstones movie? Do you remember she was in it? Right?
Speaker 3: She was in the Flintstones movie.
Speaker 2: That's right, Barney's wife. We all know her name, but we're not going to say it because why would we Why would we give ourselves away if we said Barne name, which we definitely know, right, Heather, right, Richie, right? Rom And I know Wilma. Why can't I think of Barney and Betty Rubble Bettie's.
Speaker 3: I was like, sometimes we have to say them together. That's a and that triggers the memory. Yes, Richie, we have another calling.
Speaker 2: Right we do? We have summer from Coast to mesa summer you're on the air.
Speaker 1: Hey, what do.
Speaker 2: You do for luck?
Speaker 8: So every time I see a penny, I pick it up, and whenever I see a fountain, I have to throw a penny in it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a classic one. Yeah, Hillary Duff, Lizzie McGuire vibes. Is that where that first came from? Recording? That came to Ritchie is here on a workforce program from his high school, I believe. Yeah, how old are you? Richie? Actually a gay never says his age.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, he's a millennial.
Speaker 2: Are you a millennial? I bet you're gen Z. I'm cusp. You're cusping.
Speaker 3: There's a little if you said Hillary Duff, there's definitely a little millennial.
Speaker 2: That is culture. That's a good point. That's a good point. I didn't think about that. Yeah, gen z ers don't understand what it was like to be around in the era of Hillary Duff, Hannah Montana and Victorious. I'm trying to think. I don't know that was really at the end of it for me. But there you go. Well, thank you for that. Now, now real quick question. If you're still on the line when you see a penny, doesn't matter which side is up, heads or tails.
Speaker 8: That's not I'm gonna say, no, it doesn't.
Speaker 7: Some people say it does not for me.
Speaker 2: Got it? And what kind of good luck do you think that this has brought you in your life?
Speaker 6: People say that I win stuff all the time.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm lucky.
Speaker 2: What if you want lately? Like you gotta let us in on.
Speaker 7: This so literally, I on Friday Night.
Speaker 8: You guys, your show does like movie clips?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, with no Kelly mm.
Speaker 7: Hm, Yes, I called in and I want a fifty dollars gift card to Shaky's.
Speaker 2: That's huge. That's that'll get you somewhere at Shaky's. You know, Shakey's is a good value a lot of places out here. You got a fifty dollars gift card to Spago, I mean no offense to Wolfgang Puck. I don't think he needs any of our help. But that's barely uh a move.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great. What what are you gonna get at Shaky's?
Speaker 7: Definitely?
Speaker 8: I like the you know, the bar singing all of it.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Joe Potatoes pizza.
Speaker 2: Ballad is a classic. You know, it's it's a rite of passage for some people here for their birthdays to go to Shaky.
Speaker 6: So some people don't even know what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got the Mojo's it's Shaky that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I haven't been in a really long time.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad that because of mo Kelly and the wonderful folks here at iHeart Radio America, you will be able to go back to Shakey's. So thanks for calling. Really appreciate that you can continue to call throughout the show. One hundred five to oh one kf I. That's one hundred five to zero one k f I. Or on the iHeart radio app, Richie, how can they use that talk back feature? So simple? So you go to the iHeart Radio app and then you can hit that little microphone thing and it allows you to speak for like a few seconds, and you can just leave us a message and I'll review it and well maybe put you on the air. We will, don't say. Maybe we're gonna make it past some wild callers. Yeah, we have a long line of callers.
Speaker 3: Colling is to tell us who else they kicked out of the country. Serious, hey, listen, own it.
Speaker 2: Let us know if you are responsible for kicking anybody out of the country. This is going to be scared. I don't want to let's not open.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I vote, someone kicked me out of the country.
Speaker 1: Robin.
Speaker 2: Why the ones and twos? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We need you, We need you, Robin, we do.
Speaker 2: Robin's having a tough day because her her bike isn't working too great. Can we get some of anyone to come in and help her out with her bike?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Free? Jay Leno available. Yeah, he knows all about motorcycles and bikes and things like that, and I saw recently a YouTube. Remember I think a couple of weeks I was saying, you know that you just see celebrities everywhere, but you can't count Jay Leno because it's like you have to try not to see him roaming around. Yes, like I saw him on a jet bike. And then on social media I was watching the other day I got served this up and I don't know if because we were talking about it, but somebody has a video of him heading down the street in a tank, just parallel parking a tank, a World War two panzer. That guy's got everything.
Speaker 5: He's even been here a couple of times.
Speaker 2: I know. Listen, I have we have a beautiful view here. We can see a lot of the hills of Burbank out the window here of the iHeart Studios, the Cafe Studios in Burbank. I guarantee you I'm looking at Jay Leno at the moment. I could see him out there. Whether he's at Bob's on Riverside or he's over by the garage, I don't know. But I love Jay Leno, and I wonder what he does to be lucky, because he's been certainly very lucky in his life. It's like, where's Leno? You know that's right? Where's Leno? Is so good? So wait a minute, though, Richie, here's the thing. And I don't mean to blow you up here on the radio. No, go ahead. I don't know when the segment is supposed to end, because I just have forty two at the end of this. So I got a few minutes. I got a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well's I say. I can tell you my lucky stuff if you need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would well, no, I just I would love to hear from everybody. So, yeah, Heather, what do you do for luck?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: I have a two dollars bill that I have had in my wallets since I was about fourteen years old and I was given to be my great grandmother, and that is my lucky two dollar bill. I've had it for many, many years. And then I also, for some reason, have a need to whenever I'm eating out or you know, having food somewhere, I always like to keep the salt and pepper shakers together. Oh yeah, I don't know what that is if. I don't know if it's sort of like I feel like it's going to bring good luck while we're eating or you know, good luck and food, but or if it's just good manners, I just keep them together.
Speaker 2: All things are true. Some of the things that I sort of found when we were doing this segment is that good luck and OCD tendencies are very much a circle of that. That Venn diagram is very much a circle.
Speaker 3: You can see.
Speaker 2: They're very similar to this same thing what one of the photographers was talking about with the making sure that you fill up your gas to the right number so that the numbers make sense. So it's thirty two even, or it's thirty two twenty three, or it's thirty two thirty two.
Speaker 5: I always try to get it even.
Speaker 2: That's great. It never works, No, I do it like on the spot, Like I don't like pre fill. So it's like you have to kind of stop at a certain time, and it's always like a second or two behind, and then I have to add another ten dollars on there.
Speaker 4: But you also have to you never add the surcharge of like, what is it like thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Cents or something of forty eight cents?
Speaker 2: Does that not show up on the Is that is that different than I don't have it.
Speaker 5: Doesn't show up?
Speaker 3: Oh you don't have it?
Speaker 5: Or credit right.
Speaker 4: It literally asks you do you want to pay extra for blah blah blah, and if you say no, it doesn't It doesn't let.
Speaker 3: You know if you want to pay the cash price or the credit card price.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so interesting. I never understood what that was, and I always say no, And then that makes maybe that's why I've run out of gas a lot, Richie, real quickly, what do you do for good luck? I just lived my life. Yeah, Richie, that's not an answer, but I will. That's fine. We'll move on, Robin. We need some good luck for you for your bike.
Speaker 4: I honestly, yes, I need to figure out what it is. And I really like I already got a new starter for it. Wasn't that And I'm just hoping, you know, a bolt fill out or something and I just need to replace that.
Speaker 2: Now, Robin, are you riding this bike while it's broken? Or are you? No?
Speaker 5: It won't even start.
Speaker 2: It won't start, No, it won't turn over. That's nice that it's not letting you make a bad decision, which is good. So there you go. All right, Well, Richie, how do we do on eating up time? I think we're great? Okay, we are, right on time. All right, We've got so much more coming up in the next hour. You don't want to go anywhere. Talking about the rise and key cloners, how people are stealing cars in the San Fernando Valley. Very not good times. Plus answering more of your calls about what brings you good luck. And guess what, Jay Leno, he's back in the news, not in studio, but we can pray.
Speaker 1: Kfi Ami demand