Speaker 1: I should be hearing my voice.
Speaker 2: You should be hearing my voice.
Speaker 1: You should be hearing my voice, and you're right here.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Raised by Giant's Discussion. I'm your host, writer Lee. That was the teaser trailer from my upcoming documentary, Psychicage at the Gate Program, releasing soon on Amazon Prime and Apple TV. Welcome any moderators Channel members out there. If you're watching on YouTuber x or listening on Spotify or Apple, or if you're listening to the replay, welcome to the show. All of my social media links are in the description. Facebook, Instagram, X are great ways to stay connected and find out about news, shows and guest appearances. I'm currently working on getting DVDs made of Psychicagent the Gate Program. I'm working with a company so that when it releases, everyone will have a way to watch the movie. If you don't like Amazon or Apple TV, you'll have a chance to buy the physical DVD from me of the movie so you can watch it that way. I think it's always important and good to have a physical copy of everything, so depending on how this company works out, I'll also look into getting DVDs made of JFKX and a clockwork shining as well, So there's a lot to look forward to you coming up. Also looking into getting posters made for the movie. So we have a lot going on, looking forward to the release. Very excited. Everything's really ramping up. So but today we have with us. He is a Canadian TV personality and podcast host. He appeared in the documentary America United We Fall and is here to talk about his new book, releasing July ninth, twenty twenty six, titled Tales from the Rock and Roll Twilight Zone. Richard Saraht Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, my pleasure, Thank you writer.
Speaker 2: Have you ever watched this TV show on Netflix called The Panaverate?
Speaker 1: I have not, no, no, Why do you ask.
Speaker 2: It's just really funny. It's like about this Canadian researcher. It's got Michael Myers in it from Austin Powers, you know, He's like, it's like this conspiracy TV show where it's like making fun of a lot of conspiracy theories and stuff. And I don't know, I just thought that it was interesting. I thought it was funny, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should check it out. Yes, my fellow countryman.
Speaker 2: It's really funny. So you have a new book releasing July ninth, title Tales from the Rock and Roll Twilight Zone. Amazing title, By the way, what inspired you to write this book? Because there's so much with rock and roll history. It goes back to Laurel Canyon and Hollywood in the sixties and that military base that was on top of the mountain, and the Beatles and the doors and all of that. So how did this come about?
Speaker 1: It started out as a podcast originally called The Rock and Roll Twilight Zone. Actually, I can even go back a little bit further. It started off with an idea for a terrestrial radio program which I was working on with my late partner R. Gary Patterson. He was a noted rock historian and from Tennessee, and so we got together and we decided we were going to create this radio show combining I guess my broadcasting skills, whatever they might be, and my interest in my lifelong music or appreciation, and his books which delve into mysteries and curses and legends and unexplained deaths. And he's written several novel he had written several volumes on this topic. So we were all ready to launch this radio show. And actually about nine years ago in the next couple of days. It was May twenty sixth Gary died suddenly, and so then I had to figure out, well, what am I going to do with this radio show? After a suitable period of grieving, I decided to launch the idea as a podcast. And then the podcast we produced about forty episodes, and here we are eight years later. I decided, you know, people were asking, you know, how can I listen to the podcast? It wasn't available anymore, and I may release it at some point, but I thought, okay, why don't And people were bugging me at the same time, write a book, Write a book? Where's your book? So I decided I would revisit that podcast, and I transcribed sixteen episodes and kind of rewrote it and reimagined it. And here we are Tales from the Rock and Roll Twilight Zone.
Speaker 2: Where will people be able to purchase a copy of that? From my understanding, it's available for pre order right now.
Speaker 1: It is the usual suspects, Amazon, Barnes, and Noble. They can order it right from the publisher, which is Trying Day dot com t R I N E Day all one word Trying Day. And I should also point out writer is one of the interesting aspects of this book is the there's a QR code that's at the bottom of each chapter. Each sixteen chapters as a QR code, and they can listen to the episode of the podcast sort of exclusively because no one else can listen to it right now, they can listen to the episode of the podcast that inspired the chat there.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't got to read it yet, but I'm very much looking forward to it because I've made a documentary called a Clockwork Shine in a Cubic's Odyssey three and it really dives into a lot of the rock and roll history of that time and how it was essentially created and infiltrated by the CIA. So where does this uh, where does your book initially start? Does it start with the Beatles and kind of work its way up from there? Because there's this really interesting video that came out a couple of years ago. I don't know if you've seen this. Uh look at this really quickly. Here. This is with Paul McCartney, right, and there's this guy. Have you seen this video?
Speaker 1: Uh? Oh, I've seen it, yes, with a guy that looks like John Lennon behind him. Who knows with AI these days? Who knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it could be any you know British you guy back there, but it looks suspiciously like John Lennon right there.
Speaker 1: It does. It does. Yeah. Well, the book is divided into four sections, and it doesn't sort of, it doesn't go chronologically from chapter one to sixteen. The first four chapters, however, are about the Beatles. I call the section the Beatles Enigma. The first chapter has to do with this whole idea that you alluded to earlier, writer, and that the infiltration of rock and roll actually probably started even before that. The Beatles were a creation. They weren't simply some organic cultural event. I mean, the Beatles were talented musicians in their own right. They were an actual, you know, four lads from Liverpool who wanted to be you know, bigger than Jesus or whatever. But they were infiltrated or the machine got behind them. And this whole idea of the Beatles invasion, which is a term we're familiar with, you know, when these musical groups washed ashore in North America in starting at about nineteen sixty four, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Animals, the Zombies, a number of other groups, the Kinks, I suppose, but they were engineered. They were a creation of British intelligence, the Tavistock Institute, and they were designed think of them as sort of software. They were designed to sort of subvert or corrupt the American youth, lead them into drugs, rebellion, the erosion of the family unit, and the theory, this is just the theory that they were intended to essentially regain the colony that Britain lost in seventeen seventy six. In fact, it was at the time when the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in February of nineteen sixty four, which was watched by something like seventy three million Americans. That's one in three Americans were watching that live broadcast. A couple of days later, there was a Times magazine headline that read something to the extent I'm paraphrasing, but in seventeen seventy six, Britain lost the American colony. You know, last week Britain got it back. In other words, the American youth had fallen under the spell perhaps a British intelligence. So that's the first chapter. I also deal with the whole Paul is Dead legend in that section, which is you know, granted it's well trodden territory. Most of us are familiar with this theory that Paul McCartney died in a car accident in November of nineteen sixty six and was quietly replaced by a body double, and that the remaining Beatles, either with or without the knowledge of the executives at E. M I or Brian Epstein or George Martin, left bread crumbs in the album covers their song lyrics backward masking in order to I suppose, confess to the public that Paul is dead and we've replaced him with this double, And I mean, don't I don't believe that that's the case. In order to believe that, you know, Paul McCartney was replaced, you have to believe that they somehow managed to find a look alike who also was left handed, played left handed bass, and was arguably more talented than the original Paul. When you look at the body of work sort of post nineteen sixty six and songs like let It Be and Hey Jude and The Long and Winding Road, I think you know, the faux Paul as he became known, was arguably more talented than the original. But what's interesting about it is is and the clues are I think are there. Whether it was a clever marketing ploy or whatever it was, I think what's fascinating about it is how a legend like that, a rumor took root pre social media, like sixty or fifty years before social media, fifty years before the advent of the Internet, or maybe forty years before the Internet, just by word of mouth. It started out as some kid on a college campus in Davenport, Iowa writing a piece why you know why he thought these clues on Abbey Road and the cover of Sergeant Pepper's The Only Hearts Club Band and the you know he heard something when he played Strawberry Feels Backwards. He writes this column. Some other kids pick up on the column and they call a radio station in Detroit, Russ Gibb, so rock and roll DJ, back in nineteen sixty nine. They start talking to Russ Gibb about these live on the air, about these these clues they've found. The lines start lighting up. Next week, the whole thing starts over again at WABC in New York with Robi Young, who was a very famous rock DJ at the time. That station at night could be heard in something like forty different states. The callers flood the studio phone lines. Robi Young actually suspends his music format starts taking calls live on the air. Oh have you played Revolution nine backwards? You can hear you can hear John say, turn me on dead Man, or or Paul is dead or I buried Paul or whatever it is. Have you seen you know? Have you seen Abbey Road? The Volkswagen parked on the side of the road and the album cover says twenty eight. If twenty eight, if that's the license plate, well, Paul McCartney would have been twenty eight if he were still alive. So this is going crazy on Robi Young's show. The program director comes in and fires Robie Young live on the air for breaking with format. And they just took off from there, and here we are nearly sixty years later from nineteen sixty nine, and the legend still lives. It's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of evidence that the Beatles weren't good musicians to begin with. A lot of their producers and a lot of the people that work with them said that they were not good musicians. They had to bring in this band that was really known in Hollywood at that time called the Wrecking Crew. Are you familiar with the Wrecking Crew?
Speaker 1: With the Wrecking Crew and record.
Speaker 2: All the music for these big bands, because these big bands could not perform under like in a really well in a recording setting. So I don't know if that's really one that proves if it happened or it didn't happen. But I mean, from all accounts, all the musicians of the Beatles were not good musicians to.
Speaker 1: Begin well, I've heard that rumor. I don't know if if I necessarily buy into that. I mean, I'd have to look into it a little bit more. But I have seen Paul McCartney play live a couple of times in the early days. Of course, the Beatles performed on BBC Radio Live. They had a regular weekly show on the BBC as far as I know, you know, they were playing their own instruments. I could be wrong, but I don't don't. I don't believe that's the case. They none of them could read, read or write music. That's true, but many great musicians at that time could not read or write music. But I mean, I approach it from the point that yes, they did play their own instruments. Yes, they were very talented. I think Lennon and McCartney were great lyricists. But I'll tell you what, writer, I don't know whereabouts you're living in the US, but I'm in just north of Toronto, and occasionally I will go down into the subway and I will hear performers down there who were playing for quarters and loonies. That's what we call our one dollar up here, they're buskers. And I see some amazing musicians, and I say to myself, you know, why isn't that person performing at Roy Thompson Hall or at Massey Hall, or you know, I don't know in Las Vegas. They are so good, And the reason is they don't have the machine behind them. And so you've got this I don't know, not an unseen hand exactly, but these A and R people, these recording executives who annoint certain people and they don't others. Now why is that? You know? We could sit here all day and argue about why certain people get selected to be for greatness and others do not, who are clearly great in their own right, but they never achieve celebrity or fame or fortune because they don't have the machine behind them. So this I think there's some credence to the idea that the machine not only EMI, but for example, I mentioned the Tavistock Institute, which was this sort of well think about it. Think of it as Sigmund Freud meets the Ministry of Defense in Great Britain. So after the war, the Tavistock Institute was formed in order to deal with michelle shocked soldiers coming back from the Second World War and sort of put their psyche back together again. Well, the theory goes that not only while they were working on that, they were figuring out, well, if we can put the psyche back together again, maybe we can reverse engineer and figure out how to take the psyche apart and then put it back together the way that we want to. And so they got into researching mass behavioral modification. And again the theory is that the Beatles were also influenced by people like Theodora Dorno, who was a member of the Frankfurt School. They were social critics, sociologists, academics, intellectual who didn't like They were sort of Marxist, excuse me, Marxist leaning. They didn't like capitalism. They didn't like the family unit. They believe that the family was sort of led to fascism some pretty far out thinking. Well, the theory is that EMI and the Tavistock Institute brought this brought in one of these individuals by the name of Theodora d'orno, and he helped sort of craft not the songs. He didn't write the songs. He didn't write Please Please me or she loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, but he he knew, for example, what what chords, what musical chords, because he was a bit of a musician in his own right, what musical chords could produce melancholy in someone if they heard them, What sound waves could produce, you know, certain emotions and certain thoughts, and that all of this went into into creating the Beatles. Again, if the if the British Empire wanted to take the colony back, you know, instead of using muskets, now they were using Rick and Bocker guitars instead of red coats. Now they have these amazing harmonies. And when you look at what you know, Beatlemania, and and and it was almost as if these young people were in some kind of a trance.
Speaker 2: Have you read Dave McGowan's book, We're Scenes Inside the Canyon.
Speaker 1: Yes, I met Dave sadly he died obviously a number of years ago, but I met him while I was producing a television show and we talked about We talked about that, We talked about Laurel Canyon, of course. Yeah, a lot of a lot of a lot of interconnections between US intelligence, the military. You mentioned the Bass and Laurel Canyon and so forth. I did produce an episode on Jim Morrison for the podcast. You didn't make it into the into the the book, but this time I couldn't get all forty episodes into the book. But there may be, not promising, there may be a volume two, and I'll definitely get into Did Jim Morrison and Laurel Canyon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, as you know, he kind of proposes that a lot of these big bands, the reason that they're push to the forefront and they have the machine behind them is because they're a part of the military industrial complex. One of their family members is as a high ranking military officer or and whenever you when you look at it, it's pretty shocking when you look at all the bands and all the people that were that had family members that were a part of this military industrial complex. Some family members normally their dad is a part of as a high ranking military officer, and that gets into well, that's probably why a lot of these people that are really talented, that really do have a really good gift don't end up making it because, like George Carlin always said, you're not a part of the club, right, You're not a part of this because of your background. Your family isn't a part of this entire thing. So therefore you're not going to make it. You're not going to rise the level of fame as these other people that do have this in their background. And that's not saying that people can't, because there are obviously some people that kind of do slip through the cracks and do end up getting in there, but it seems like it's reserved for certain people and they're kind of cultivated and pushed in this direction since they're a very young kid.
Speaker 1: Well, certainly with Jim Morrison, Jim Morrison's father was an admiral and he was involved in the Gulf of Tonkin incident, which was the false flag that provided the justification for the US involvement in Vietnam. I mean not so with the Beatles, As far as I know, they weren't. Think I think John Lennon's father was a merchant, member of the Merchant Navy in Liverpool, but know that I could find her that I'm aware of any military connections. But I think in this case, you know, they served a different purpose. I don't think they and I don't think that they were witting participants in this. They wanted what all young people wanted. They wanted, you know that they were they were artists. They wanted they wanted some fame and some recognition and you know, and to make a good living. And again they got that. They got the machine behind them, you know. I think with the Beatles, it's interesting. You know, they were performing for a couple of years in Hamburg and of course at the Cavern Club, and uh they were they were performing mainly covers because they weren't really established as writers at this point. Uh. And then there is a there's a particular night in December of nineteen sixty at a concert hall in Liverpool and if you go there today, the hall is still there and it's got a plaque on it. They call it the birthplace of Beatlemania. Because it was on that night where something changed where I mean, yes, the Beatles were sort of the house band at the Cavern Club and they performed, as I say, endlessly, several shows per night, like I think seven nights a week in Amburg, where they really earned their chops. But something happened at one specific night in Liverpool at that hall in nineteen sixty where it just exploded and they became Beatlemania, and this craze was born. And I actually get into that in another chapter in the Beatles Enigma, section section one. This chapter four and has to do with John Lennon, and this gets out of sort of the realm of conspiracy and more into suppose the supernatural and spiritual warfare, but it has to do with John Lennon specifically and whether or not he made a pact with the devil and whether that packed actually was sort of begun that night in nineteen sixty when Beatlemania was born. I interviewed an author by the name of Joseph Nisgoda who wrote a book called The Lenin Prophecy, and he gets into all of the foreshadowing and John Lennon's not only in his lyrics but again album covers and some of the things that Lenin told you know, family and friends about wanting he was going to be bigger than Elvis and he didn't care how he accomplished it. And you know, he was going to be bigger than Jesus. And we get into the foreshadowing and again obviously it ends up in New York City in nineteen eighty with Mark David Chapman, and whether Mark David Chapman was more than just a programmed assassin, whether he was in fact sort of the individual that was sent to collect the bill, if you will, he was there to close the contract.
Speaker 2: Talk to me more about this supernatural element, because we get this with a lot of these early musicians like this, you know, we get it with the Doors. I mean, he's obviously tripping on some drugs and all this. We get it with Ozzy Osbourne. We get it with a lot of these people that tend to have like this supernatural experience preluding their rise to fame. So what was this with the Beatles.
Speaker 1: Well, specifically with you with John Lennon was just as I said, the theory according to Joseph NICs Gooda, and I should say, you know, when writing this book, and in producing the podcast called The Rock and Roll Twilight Zone, I leaned heavily on some great researchers and authors, and so the podcast was kind of produced in a documentary style where I would weave in two or three, you know, interviews which were conducted either in person or over zoom or skypro over the phone, and then sort of around those interviews I constructed this narrative. So, for example, in chapter four with John Lennon, it's called the Bargain, and Joseph Knights Gooda again looks at the foreshadowing which he believes suggests or he would use stronger language he would say, proves that John Lennon actually made a pact with Satan that in exchange for being you know, famous and more popular than Jesus, as he famously said in nineteen sixty six, you know, according to the terms of the contract. Twenty years later, and you see this, this duration of the contact, the term of the contract twenty years Well, if you go back to that concert in Liverpool in nineteen sixty December of nineteen sixty, it's almost twenty years exactly when John Lennon is shot by Mark David Chapman, you know, So was Mark David Chapman demonically possessed? Was he there basically to collect the bill by killing John Lennon twenty years after he Beatlemania was launched? And there is some interesting foreshadowing. One of the most striking things actually that this gota points out is this is in the sort of the Magical Mystery Tour era nineteen sixty seven. So I'm not sure if this photograph is on the album or it's in the movie, but there's a fame. There's a picture of John Lennon and he's black and white photo and he's on the street and kind of a head and shoulder shot, and in behind John Lennon is a billboard sign, and I believe it's supposed to be a travel company because the billboard ad says the best way to go, as in travel, the best way to go is MDC, MDC being the name of the travel company. Well, if you think about it, the initials MDC Mark David Chapman. The best way to go is Mark David Chapman. So that's just one example, but there's all kinds of examples in these lyrics which led Nice go to to believe again he made the deal with the devil. Do I believe that, Well, I am a Bible believe in Christian I'm an Orthodox Christian. I do believe in an unseen world. I do believe in in spiritual warfare. I believe in demons, I believe in angels. So I can't discount that. There is, of course, the other possible explanation for why Mike Mark David Chapman did what he did, and I don't get into that in this chapter. Perhaps in another book I will, and that was that the Chapman was a Mancharian candidate, that he was again programmed by the CIA, as were so many other public figures taken out because they were deemed they could no longer be controlled. They were created by the machine. And then they decided basically to tell the public, you know, you've been duped. I am a creation of the machine. It's like a puppet pointing out, you know, a marionette puppet pointing out, look at the strings, Look at the strings. Lenin, of course, in nineteen eighty was re emerging as a as an artist and also as an activist, and there, you know, there was a long standing battle between the FBI and the United States government in order to try and deport John Lennon. There was a huge FBI dossier on John Lennon. By this time his phones were being tapped, So there's a lot of credence to that argument as well, that Chapman was a Manchurian candidate.
Speaker 2: And triggered by the book Catcher in the Rye. Yeah, it's really interesting. Yeah, I was just wondering if there was anything more to that, him selling his soul or whatever to the devil or Satan or evil or whatever, because like there's a lot of stories of people like seeing things, and there's like eye witness stuff. But it sounds like the this is a theory, right.
Speaker 1: Whenever you're of course, whenever you're talking about you know, the supernatural over the unseen world, there's no there's never any smoking gun or or you know, definitive document unless someone can produce, I don't know, a contract written in blood. But if you you know, when when once people read the chapter and we dive right into you know, all of the lyrics and the foreshadowing and and so forth, how Lenin committed blasphemy. How he later regretted that in his in his lyrics. So, for example, in the Goota points out there's a song that Lennon wrote and later in his career he was writing these songs, but all which almost seemed like they were songs written in regret, like I've made a horrible mistake. What have I done? I've sold my soul. There's a song called Scared, and he writes, there's no candle or my apologies. I can't remember the exact wording, but there's no bell, candle or book that's going to get me out of this. In Catholicism, when you're excommunicated, they close the book, they ring the bell, and they blow out a candle. So John Lennon was not Catholic. But the idea is he understood that he had been, that he had blasphemed God, and that he was basically admitting, yes, there's nothing that I've been excommunicated. I've really gotten myself into some serious trouble here.
Speaker 2: Let's go back before the Beatles. Do you talk about all this at all in your book?
Speaker 1: I do. Yeah, there's an entire chapter. There's a whole section called Killer Courts, four chapters on four artists who died under somewhat mysterious circumstances, or at least there was a rush to judgment in pronouncing their death either misadventure or a drug overdose. So Elvis is in there, and there's this Unfortunately, you know, Elvis in death has become a bit of a caricature, which isn't really unfortunate because he was such an amazing talent and one of the great song interpreters. He didn't write music or songs, but his interpretations were just masterful. And when he passed away, this legend, of course grew up was that he had faked his death to escape fame or to escape the mob who wanted to put a hit on him. And you know, then all of these sightings started in the nineteen eighties. Oh, I saw someone who I think is Elvis flipping burgers in Kalamazoo or something. This chapter takes an entirely different approach, and that is that Elvis Presley didn't fake his death. Elvis Presley was in fact murdered in the bathroom of Graceland. And for this chapter I lean on a couple of great searchers, one in particular Steve Hugh Baaney, who was an author who wrote a series of books. He's still writing the series. It's called Who Murdered So he wrote a book called Who Murdered Fdr? Who Murdered Princess Die? And then of course he wrote Who Murdered Elvis? Presley and Steve was in contact with There was a someone who worked in the Memphis Medical Medical Examiner's office. His name was Dan Warlick. I believe Dan Warlick was on the scene at Graceland immediately following the discovery of Elvis's body, noticed that the bedroom on the second floor had essentially been sanitized. The bed had been made I mean, we're talking about a potential crime scene here had been sanitized. There was you know, Elvis did take a lot of medication. He was an insomniac. He had a number of different ailments. They were all prescribed by doctor Nicopolis. He was not some pill popping junkie as we've been We've been told. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of pharmaceuticals. He had to be very careful about what he took. For example, he was allergic to codeine, and so none of the uh, you know, the pill packets were anywhere to be found. The bathroom where he was found essentially was sanitized. Then there's the UH and then Warlock, you know, took notes, took copious notes, took photographs. That night his car is ransacked and all of his notes and photographs are taken from his car. The stomach contents, Elvis's stomach contents mysteriously went missing. There were three different pathology reports UH issued. Two of them found only trace or therapy ceutic elements of various prescription drugs in his bloodstream or in his body, i should say, in his tish, in his tissue. The third in California, California mysteriously found lethal amounts of codeine in Elvis's tissues. Well, again, Elvis was allergic to codeine. He never would have gone anywhere near codine. So there's some question as to whether someone influenced the The team at that California lab all sorts of inconsistencies. And then we get into Elvis's involvement in Project Fountain Pen, which was an attempt to indict some high level mobsters in this scheme that his father, Vernon Pressley got caught up in in trying to sell one of Elvis's personal jets, his private jet it's called the hound Dog two, and this mobster tried to buy it back. It was kind of a to buy it and then lease it back, and some laundering was involved. I don't understand exactly the intricacies of this scheme, but it is suggested that Elvis at some point was going to be called to testify against the mob in this case. Not that Elvis's testimony, you know, was sort of the be all and the end all, but when you had a public figure like Elvis on the witness stand in a case like this, it really would have shone the light on the whole operation. And so the mob obviously not happy about Elvis as possible testimony. In addition, the colonel Colonel Tom Parker, who took fifty percent of every penny that Elvis made. It was a horrible deal for Elvis. He was really horribly mismanaged and used and abused by Colonel Tom Parker. Colonel Tom Parker was an inveterate gambler, reportedly owed something like thirty million dollars to the mob. That's why he had Elvis performing NonStop, this tortuous schedule in Las Vegas, which was you know, most of the casinos were owned by the mob. He was trying to Elvis was his collateral, his way of paying back the mob. The FBI was aware of this. They asked if they could infiltrate Elvis's sort of his backup band. He had a huge backup band, like an orchestra, horn players and backup singers, so some members of his band reportedly were members of the FBI. They were spying on the mob in Las Vegas, and at the same time, the mob pressuring Colonel Tom Parker to keep Elvis in line, and a deadly cocktail which may have ultimately ended up with Elvis being strangled in his bathroom. And there's a timeline there and a lot of evidence and quotes from documents and pathology reports and so forth. I think people are going to be very interested in reading that chapter because it just it goes against everything we've ever been told about Elvis. Oh, he died of a heart attack, well the heart attack ruling by doctor Francisco in the Memphis medical office. He rendered that decision before he even received any toxicology the toxology report. He just he wanted to placate the fans out there that were mourning Elvis's death. They wanted answers again rush to judgment. The idea that Elvis had a heart attack is also disputed because three weeks before he went on tour again, he was given a clean bill of health by the insurance company and they dissected Elvis's heart during the autopsy, there was no evidence that he was in any danger of having some catastrophic cardiac event.
Speaker 2: This theory involves, if I'm not mistaken, it could be another one because there's a lot of theories surrounding all this. But is this the one where they believe that someone came in through the window of the bathroom and killed him.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember if we specifically mentioned the entry point. Elvis died supposedly around three o'clock according to the medical examiner, but Steve Ughbaney was unable or was able to uncover a a whether it was I think it was it was either FedEx or US Postal Service document that had someone came to the door from the Postal Service or from FedEx, and Elvis actually signed for the package, and I believe it was time stamped sometime after he supposed a time of death. The theory is I don't want to give it all away. But the theory is that that the timing of Elvis coming to the door and signing that document is kind of crucial to how the the the alleged murderer got into the into the bathroom upstairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, Elvis also had like some honorary badges. I believe it was either it might have been FBI or something. He was sort of quase working undercover for the government to take out some of these some of the mobsters and drugs. He was like working as like a essentially a Dea agent.
Speaker 1: Elvis was an avid collector of badges. He loved police departments, he loved the sheriffs, he loved the cop on the beat. He collected badges from all over the country. And he did, in fact, really covet a Dea badge. And so he arranged for a meeting with President Richard Nixon in night eighteen seventy was invited to the White House. There are two theories. One is that Richard Nixon was simply, you know, it was a photo op. Nixon was desperate to be popular with young people, and so he thought if he could be seen in the in the Oval office shaking hands with the King of rock and roll that that way that might you know, help his chances for re election. But there was nothing more to it. According to this theory, it was just it was just a photo op and Elvis got a badge. Now, it was important for Elvis to be on good terms with the FBI and to have to have, you know, to be on the good side because Elvis's security people carried guns and for them to be able to carry guns across you know, state borders and so forth. My understanding was it was important for them to have you know, all their paperwork in order, so that may have also been part of it. But yes, we also understand that there was this arrangement, not necessarily to go under cover for the for the Drug Enforcement Agency. Although Elvis was very outspoken about you know, drugs and the influence of certain bands like the Beatles, who worshiped Elvis, but he wasn't a fan of you know, going back to that first chapter and the Beatles coming into America and gradually sort of introducing the the youth culture into uh, you know, psychedelics and so forth. Elvis was not a fan of that, uh and I think he made it known he'd be willing to, you know, tell them everything he knew about it. I don't think Elvis was going under cover for the DEA. I think I think the FBI wanted Elvis uh to to help them spy on the Mob in Las Vegas one and also perhaps participate in this sting operation called Operation Fountain Pen Uh to take down some key figures in the Mob who were involved in this in this financial scheme I was talking about earlier.
Speaker 2: All right, let's fast forward a little bit to Jimmy Hendricks and what was going on with him and some possible MK ultra style technique surrounding him, because he's another one that you know, supposedly died of an overdose, like many of these other musicians tend to mysteriously just die of overdoses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a nice, tidy and neat explanation that so many it almost serves as cover whenever a young musician dies around the age of twenty seven. You know, we're all familiar with the twenty seven club and it all really began, well, it began with Robert Johnson in the nineteen thirties. He died at twenty seven, but nobody really paid attention until Brian Jones in sixty nine at the age of twenty seven, Janis Joplin in nineteen seventy at the age of twenty seven, Jimmy Hendricks twenty seven in nineteen seventy, and then Jim Morrison in nineteen seventy one at the age of twenty seven. But with Jimmy Hendrix, he was involved with a very sinister, let's say, manager by the name of Mike Jeffrey. Mike Jeffrey, by all accounts, was former British intelligence perhaps six go.
Speaker 2: There you go, there's the other military.
Speaker 1: Connection there you go. Yeah, And he would brag to anyone who would listen. I guess once they all got into the cups that you know he was involved in the Suez Crisis back in nineteen fifty six, and that he was essentially an assassin. You know, he would kill people, and he could kill people very easily, and he had a particular technique that we can come to a little bit later if time permits. But he he saw Jimmy Hendrix as his his ticket. Jimmy Hendrix was a cash cow and their contract was expiring, and Mike Jeffrey was very worried because here's another common theme. Mike Jeffrey was indebted to the Mob. Jimmy Hendrix wanted to build a studio in New York City called Electric Electric Lady Electric Lady Studios I believe it was, and Mike Jeffrey had to go to the MOB and take out massive loans in order to make this happen for repairs and renovations and so forth. There are other reasons, but he was indebted to the MOB, and so the prospect of Mike Jeffrey losing it may have been his only client, or it certainly is only a high profile client. That was a big problem for Mike Jeffrey. He couldn't let that happen, and so Mike Jeffrey was constantly trying to prove to Jimmy Hendrix that Jimmy Hendrix would be lost without him. So, for example, Mike Jeffrey would arrange with his underworld connections, and this actually happened. Jimmy Hendrix to get kidnapped. Jimmy Hendrix was kidnapped and held by the members of this mob in New York City near Greenwich Village, and so Mike Jeffrey set up the kidnapping and then he set up the rescue. He got these other mobsters to come in from Long Island or New Jersey who were bigger and tougher than the ones that kidnapped Jimmy, and they freed him and Mike Jeffrey looked like a hero to Jimmy Hendricks. He was always doing these things to try and prove to Jimmy, you know, without me, you're screwed. Basically, there was another incident here in Toronto where Jimmy Hendrix was arrested at the airport for a possession of heroin. Was there was heroin and drug paraphernalia and his luggage. Well, by this time Jimmy was off drugs. He would smoke a little herb and he would drink a little bit. And his girlfriend at the time, Kathy Etchingham, was there with him and He's swore up and down, you know this is not mine. I'm off this, you know me, I don't do this anymore. Well, according to one of the gentlemen that I interviewed for the book and for the podcast, James Tappy Wright, who was Jimmy's road manager, and he was a road manager for a number of groups including The Animals and Tina Turner. At one point, James Tappy Wright says that Jeffrey confided in him that he was in fact the one who planted those drugs on Jimmy Hendrix. He wanted him to get caught. So again, Mike Jeffrey would ride in like the white like the Knight on the White Horse, and maybe with his six connection was able to get Jimmy off of these drug charges. So again, Mike Jeffrey as the savior. Jimmy's totally reliant on him. There's no way he would cancel the contract or not renew the contract because you know, Mike Jeffrey was the only one that could protect Jimmy Hendrix. This was the psychology that Jeffrey was using on Hendricks in addition to keeping him constantly on tour. Just Colonel Tom Parker did this with Elvis in order to control him. He was just so tired, exhausted, really physically worn out, mentally and emotionally worn out from being on tour constantly, and then on top of that, telling Jimmy that he was broke, that he was spending too much money, he had no more money. This is all kind of classic MK ultra technique to grind someone down, to wear them down so they are more susceptible. And then of course he would he would constantly being you know, constantly being told to sign this and sign that. What am I signing? Now? Oh it's nothing, it's just standard, a standard contract or a standard document. He had no idea what he was signing. Well, he was signing over control of his life to Mike Jeffrey. So when Jimmy Hendrix died in London in nineteen seventy, supposedly he aspirated on vomit after taking too many barbituates. And we get into this in the in the chapter when he was taken to Saint Mary's Hospital and they were trying to revive him. He was way too late. He was long gone by that time. His hair was soaked with red wine, his clothes were soaked with red wine, but there was no red wine in his bloodstream. As it turned out, there was red wine in his in his lungs, there was no red wine in his stomach. And we get into the book, into the book how how Jimmy Hendrix who was actually murdered using a technique that's very similar to waterboarding, and that was something that Mike Jeffrey was very very well aware of that technique. Jimmy Hendricks was essentially drowned.
Speaker 2: I think that that's the same with Marilyn Monroe as well as something with red wine. With Marilyn Monroe, she might have had more red wine in her stomach than could possibly have been. I'm I'm not sure i'd have the refresh on Marilyn Monroe, but I think that there's something too the red wine with her as well.
Speaker 1: Well. What seems to be a sort of a common thread through many of these unexplained deaths, whether we're talking about Marilyn Monroe, and in that case, I believe you had the same corner, Thomas Negucci. Just to get off on a bit of a side track here, Thomas Negucci was the her corner was also the corner for Robert F. Kennedy, and in both cases, Nagucci's findings were contrary to the the you know, the final report, and I think in both cases he was chased out of town temporarily. There's a Now, let me see, there was another case in the book. Oh, it was back to Elvis. The same coroner, coroner for Elvis was also the corner for Martin Luther King Jr. Who also died in Memphis, you know, nine years earlier, in nineteen sixty eight. So you have this common thread of these coroners who are either corrupt or if they don't if they if they don't cooperate, they're fired or kicked out or pushed out of town. You've got these this rush to judgment on the part of police departments. This comes up later in a chapter on Kirk Cobain where it was ruled a suicide despite you know, a lot of very telling evidence to the contrary. So these things don't happen without the the the complicity of either corrupt officials or or people that are I don't know, manipulated, pushed aside. There's always a rush to judgment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the the did in the corner say with the RFK assassination that he was that he believed that he was shot up close with the twenty two the.
Speaker 1: Back of the yes, not at the back of the head. He was shot from the supposedly by the Yeah, whereas Naguchi and most of the evidence seems to suggest the RFK Junior or not RFK Junior. My apologies RFK was shot from behind in a close range. He had he had powder burns behind his ear. He was shot from the rear and Sir Hans Sir hand was to the front and to the left.
Speaker 2: So it's pass both for Sir Hans Sirhan to have done that whenever he was hit from behind. According to him, Yes, yeah, where are those Martin Luther King junior files? Didn't Trump promise that we were going to get the RFK files, the Martin Luther King files. We haven't gotten those yet.
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe. So that's a good point. We haven't seen anything as far as I know on RFK or MLK. Everyone's focused on JFK. Of course, I'm.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure he said that on the campaign trail. He was like, JFK files are going to be released, Martin Luther King files, RFK files, and then of course we've gotten some of the Epstein files and now it's you know, I think he released a lot of the JFK files, not all of them, and now it's UFO files. But I've been really interested in the RFK assassination and the Martin Luther King junior files. So Trump release those files. He's got a lot of files to release, bro.
Speaker 1: Hay, while they're at it, why not release the Elvis files.
Speaker 2: Hey, they should do that as well. You should just release all of it. I mean, come on, it's been such a long time that those events have happened. Like the people that were probably involved there are probably not even alive now, you know what I mean, Like, come on, give us a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's not now. I don't think it's about protecting certain individuals. It's about protecting certain institutions.
Speaker 2: Right, So you mentioned Kurt Cobain. There there's been new evidence that's come out. I believe a group of private investigators published some sort of peer reviewed paper essentially arguing that Cobain's death in nineteen ninety four was indeed a homicide. Like pretty much everyone had said. Many documentaries and papers and videos have been made on Kirko being essentially saying that, you know, he was killed, he was murdered, this was a homicide, This wasn't a suicide. And there's so many different things that you can get into, but just based off of the fact that the gun that was used he could not have fired under the amount of substance that he had reportedly in his body. He would add the turn of the gun around and use his toe to blow his head off, right, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are two. Those are two, certainly two red flags. The forensic researchers who just published their findings in February, or at least it was reported by the Daily Mail in February of this year. As far as I can tell, nothing really new there that at least I could see. I haven't read the entire report. They are basically sort of reiterating what had been established before. As you say, he had about three times the lethal dose of heroin in a system while it metabolizes in a morphine that would have rendered most people, even heavy users, into a state of unconsciousness. So what's interesting, though, is that after taking that injection again three times the lethal dose, Kurt Cobain has the presence of mind and the ability to neatly and carefully pack away his drug paraphernalia kit, including putting the caps back on the syringes, putting them in their compartments and tucking those neatly away. That doesn't make sense. And then, as you say, there is the matter of the shotgun which also contained or which also had attached to the end of it. A I think it's called a flash suppressor. It's a device on the end of the that you screw into the end of the shotgun barrel, which would have added an additional six inch inches to the length of the barrel. Now I'm not a hunter, but I have held a shotgun in my hands, and I know, you know that's a pretty cumbersome weapon. So as you say, to turn that around, put it, stick it in your mouth, and then have your arms would have to be long enough to reach the trigger. It's just it doesn't make any sense. There were no usable fingerprints on the weapon. There was no blood splatter, there was no brain splatter, there was no there was no sort of catastrophic exit wound that you would expect to find when one takes their life by sticking the barrel of a shotgun in their mouth. There was none of that. So there's also, of course, the suicide note, so called where the first part of the suicide note is written in one hand style, a handwriting style, the last part is written another handstyle, a handwriting style. There's also the conversations recorded conversations between Kurt and Courtney's lawyer Rosemary Carroll, and investigator Tom Grant. And again these are allegations. None has been proven in court. Courtney Love has denied all of these allegations repeatedly, but they found copies in her handbag of what they called practice sheets. It appears allegedly that Courtney Love was practicing to write in Kurt Cobain's handwriting style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like it's always like a rushed job, like they want to get in there and they want to get it done, so there's really no investigation. And that's a really big problem with a lot of these high profile people, like they do they just want like, are cops just idiots when it comes to famous people, you know what I mean? Like it seems like that they're just a bunch of idiots and have absolutely no idea what they're doing, and they have never worked a case in their entire life. But if some regular person is shot and killed, they find the person immediately, you know what I mean, Like it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: It's so ridiculous. No, well, I don't know. I don't want to cast dispersions on the rank and file police. I think most of them, uh, the overwhelming majority probably you know, are properly trained and want to do a good job and want to and want to bring the guilty to justice. I think the the decisions, perhaps uh to pull on one thread and not another, are made at a higher level perhaps uh so. For example, I mentioned earlier with with Elvis Presley, the uh the chief medical officer in Memphis deciding that Elvis died from some some kind of a cardiac event even before the toxology report came through. He made that decision. Who got to him, doctor Francisco, I don't know who got to the the the forensic specialist in the lab in California who claimed that Elvis had lethal dose or a lethal amounts of codeine in his tissue, which is just very very very improbable for a man who had a codeine allergy and knew he had a codein allergy, and everyone around him knew he had a codein allergy, you know. I get into this also with Brian Jones, who died by officially misadventure death by drowning in nineteen sixty nine at the bottom of a swimming pool and Cotchford Farm who was on the scene that that fateful night in July of nineteen sixty nine a gentleman by the name of tom Keylock who was the Rolling Stones fixer. Every celebrity or you know, you know rock group in the day had a fixer. You know, if there was a little bit of dirt or unseemingly unseemly behavior, they would call in the fixer to tidy things up and make sure it didn't get into the end of the press. Well that was who tom Keylock was. He was, by all accounts a schemer and a scammer and a liar and he was fired by Keith Richards because he was he was he was skimming. So what is what does tom Keylock do? He attaches himself to Brian Jones, who at this point has been essentially exiled from the group. He's retreated to the to Cotchford Farm in Sussex, England. He's now been kicked out of the band by Keith and Brian, uh and and Mick. Because the Rolling Stones are about to embark on a tour of the United States. Brian couldn't come with him because he had a drug wrap. He wouldn't get in a he wouldn't get a visa to come to the United States. So they had to replace him. Plus he had he would had spiraled out of control in the studio. He was a complete mess. He couldn't play. He would show up and the band would they would not plug in his guitar into the amp. They weren't recording. Brian didn't even realize what was happening, so he was pushed out of the way. He spiraled out of control. Keylock decides to attach himself to Brian Jones to see if he can, you know, suck some blood from a stone and who team Tom Keylock's brother, Frank Keelock, is a detective with Scotland Yard and the person that was called in to do the autopsy on Brian and rule it death by drowning or misadventure was Prime Minister Heath's personal physician, not the medical examiner from Sussex, the jurisdiction where Brian was living and died. The Prime Minister called in his own personal physician to conduct the h the autopsy. So again we have people in very high places covering up again a common thread through rock history.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody else that you think that we should cover that's in your book? I mean haven't obviously have not been able to read it. Because it's not released yet. So is there anybody else of importance that you would like to cover before we wrap up here today.
Speaker 1: Well, the book is not simply you know, mysterious deaths or murder. I mentioned some of it has to do with the supernatural. There's an entire section on curses and legends. We talk about led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page's obsession with the occultist Alistair Crowley. Jimmy Page, of course, bought Crowley's home on the shores of lock Nest, Bolskin House, where reportedly Alistair Crowley had performed a number of rituals, including an incredibly elaborate, complex ritual call the Bramalne Operation, in which he summoned demons which were supposed to be bound according to this ritual. He failed to do that. He got called away suddenly to Paris. He didn't bind these demons. The house is sold. Eventually it ends up in Jimmy Page's hands, who was a devotee of Crowley, collected all sorts of Alister Crowley artifacts and books and opened a bookshop dedicated to Croley in London called the Equinox. Crowley supposedly made some sort of a pack at Bollskin House with the other members of led Zeppelin, and shortly thereafter a lot of misfortune befalls the band, including Robert Plant and his family being involved in a near fatal accident in Greece while they were on vacation, and then the death of very tragic death of Plant's young son, Carrick. And then of course there was the sudden deaths of people sort of the periphery of the band, sound engineers and backup singers and recording engineers and so forth. And then of course the death of John Bonham in nineteen eighty, which ultimately broke up the band. So we devote an entire chapter to Aleister Crowley and led Zeppelin.
Speaker 2: Was Alistair Crowley involved with any other musicians.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he was well involved, or at least was an inspiration of course. Alistair Crowley's image appears on the album cover for Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I mean, there's as a whole collage of very interesting individuals on that album cover, including Alista Crowley, I think, Edgar Allan Poe and some others. So some people might say, well, again, just clever marketing. They were just trying to, you know, maybe connect the band to some nefarious or sinister characters or interest and characters. But I mainly I focus on on Crowley, Alister Crowley and led Zeppelin. There's also a chapter on Robert Johnson, which of course predates sort of the advent of rock and roll, but he was sort of considered by some to be the godfather or grandfather of rock and roll. Of course, the infamous deal at the Crossroads with the Devil. Robert Johnson was by all accounts at best, a mediocre Delta blues guitarist who disappeared for a year and upon his return was some kind of wonder Candy had transformed miraculously, and another great Delta bluesman by the name of Sonhouse was convinced that Robert Johnson had made a deal with the devil in order to perform the way that he did.
Speaker 2: How much influence do you believe the dark arts and Luciferianism and occult ritualistic magic was and possibly still is involved within the music industry.
Speaker 1: Well as I say, I do believe in an unseen world, and I do believe you know that there are doors and portals and openings and invitations. And you know, there are a lot of bands I think who genuinely dabble in it simply for marketing purposes. I think, for example, Black Sabbath is an example. I don't think Ozzy Osbourne was was a Satanist. I don't think he, you know, was necessarily even an occultist. But they understood the power behind that kind of branding because they stood for rebellion and they were the anti establishment.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know, the Church was seen as part of the establishment. So a lot of bands cozied up to the occult strictly for branding and marketing purposes. But that doesn't discount the possibility that even though they weren't necessarily you know, devoted to the dark arts, that again, once you you open that door, you open that portal, I believe that you you're giving a tacit invitation to these dark forces.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's possible to do this without the influence of such dark forces?
Speaker 1: Is it possible to do it without any Yes? I suppose it is. I mean, if if God allows, you know, God willing, if you're talented, you know you can you can achieve a certain notoriety and success and fame and fortune as long as you don't make that fame and fortune your God. I think God allows that for sure. He doesn't want us to shine our to keep our talent hidden under a bushel basket, you know, if it's done in the name of of God, then I think.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: There are some artists I think who succeed in our are very devout, or at the very least, you know, they're not. They're not occultists, they're not Satan worshippers. Certainly that's possible. But for many I think they have, figuratively or literally perhaps even you know, made some kind of a bargain. You know, and in a sense, we all make certain bargains in our life. We decide, you know, to tell a little white lie there, or or a lie by omission here, thinking well, it's not really that important, it's just this one time. I think, to a much lesser extent many of us are guilty of that. That's kind of a bargain. We all make that kind of a bargain at one time in our life. Sometimes. I mean, they don't always have the same repercussions as they do for those those who make, you know, the ultimate bargain where the soul is the is the pawn in the prize?
Speaker 2: What do you think about the music industry now?
Speaker 1: I don't recognize the music industry now. I am of a certain vintage. You know, I grew up playing vinyl records in my basement listening to I grew up in the nineteen seventies. I listened to The Doors and the Grateful Dead and Bob Dylan and the Beatles and the Stones and the Zombies, and you know, that was the music that informed my life. That was the soundtrack of my life. And you know, I should say although in some of these chapters, we take kind of a hard look and certain artists are scrutinized and perhaps criticized, like the Rolling Stones. There's a chapter on the free concert at Altamont in California in nineteen sixty nine, which ended so horribly. I'm a fan, I'm a fan of am all of this music, but today's music, to me, it just seems to be debasing the culture. Although I know I sort of argue in the book that that was sort of the intent of rock from the outset as well, to introduce sex and drugs and uh in into the culture. But at least the music had you know, harmony and melody and and well crafted lyrics, and I think you know, musicianship. I don't understand a lot of the music. Although every generation says this about the music you know that comes up after uh, it just sounds like a lot of racket and h There are some some some groups I suppose that that that I listened to. Most of those groups tend to be sort of trying to emulate a bygone era, a sound from the past. But a lot of this rap rap music, and I don't know, it's to me, it's just a racket.
Speaker 2: It feels disharmonious. I just is the best word.
Speaker 1: That's a great word. Yeah, yeah, disharmonious, discordant, discordant. And but I think a lot of art is that way now. It's almost as if, you know, the architecture art music is purposely designed. It's ugly. It's ugly. Where art is supposed to be transcendent and art is supposed to be about truth, beauty and goodness. Art is about none of those things.
Speaker 2: That's really strange time that we live in. But I think we live in the best of times. Richard. Can you let people know where they can find you online when your book comes out. Any information about you that you'd like the listeners to know.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you writer. I have a podcast. It's called Richard Sarah's Strange Planet. It drops three days a week Monday, Wednesday Friday. Well over well going on fourteen hundred episodes. It's available wherever you find podcasts. It's also available on YouTube. The website to find the podcast, the YouTube channel. I've got a monthly newsletter, a free monthly newsletter called Inner Sanctum. All of those things can be found at Strange Planet dot ca Strange Planet dot Ca. I also guest host on Coast to Coast AM several times a month. Coming up in June fourteenth and fifteenth, I believe I'll be in the Coast air Chair. I've been doing that for about fourteen years. The book Tales from the Rock and Roll Twilight Zone comes out July ninth, available now pre order at Amazon, Barnes Andnoble, Trininday dot com. For more information, you can go and you can read some samples from the book as well at The rock and Roll twilight Zone dot com The rock and Roll twilight Zone dot com.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, Mother, I really appreciate it us the conversation. For everyone that's interested in checking out more of Richard's work, the link will be in the description. Please be sure to hit the thumbs up button out the channel on the Algorithm Share Subscribe at the belticon as well for notifications, and we'll see you guys next time. Richards stay with me