Speaker 1: Aaron Lee, who was just a mom minding her own beeswax, like, not trying to cause a problem, just you know, going about life, and things started to She started to find out things about stuff that was being kept from parents by the school district and sort of the infiltration of gender ideology to our kids, and it made Aaronly a warrior for kids. And Aaron joins me now to talk about you know, Aaron, I feel like saying, what are you doing now?
Speaker 2: Erin?
Speaker 1: Because there's always something new, isn't there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me many I'm down a rabbit hole that has no end with what's going on in the public school district.
Speaker 3: I mean, for me, it started with a personal story.
Speaker 2: I was minding my own business like most parents, and they came from my little girl, my twelve year old daughter in a secret gender and sex club that they told her was an art club where they brought in outside predators from our community who still harass my daughter today three years later, and taught her things like if you're not comfortable in your body, that means you're trands and if you don't know who you're sexually attracted to, that means you're queer.
Speaker 3: They taught her about Pollyamory how.
Speaker 2: To access puberty blockers, and reiterated over and over that parents aren't safe and we're one of the lucky families that found out this was happening and was able to help our daughter through the confusion, although it took about a year to heal her from what they had done to her. But that woke me up and as I started to pay attention. Like I said, it's a rabbit hole that has no end. I mean, there are very bad things happening in our public schools. And so now I'm founding the alarm and fighting back with law fair and you know, by exposing other family stories who've been through what we have, because it's a very pervasive issue.
Speaker 1: It's it's shocking to me when I hear stories like the one of your daughter. I am still shocked because I know so many public school teachers, and I know that for the ones that I know and the ones that I've interacted with throughout my daughter's career, these are people who went into teaching because they love kids, they liked being if, they like helping children and things of that nature. And to see the speed with which some of those people with a helping heart have just turned to inserting themselves in between students and parents. Is alarming to me, and I'm not sure how you put that genie back in the bottle.
Speaker 2: A lesser known fact about me, my undergrad is elementary education, and I spent two years as a teacher. And when this incident happened with my daughter, I should also mention I was a liberal voter. I was a moderate, but I voted for Polus, I voted for Biden. And then this thing happened, and it became personal, and I started to really dig into this ideology, and I firmly believe that we've pandered to human kindness.
Speaker 3: That yes, most teachers are good people, but just as I was taught.
Speaker 2: At university, that this is the right kind thing to do, that if a child tells you their identity, you embrace it.
Speaker 3: If they ask you to keep it a secret, you keep secrets. This is what our.
Speaker 2: Teachers are being taught when they're going to school to become teachers.
Speaker 3: And most of them are not bad people.
Speaker 2: They're good people stuck in a very very broken system from the top down.
Speaker 1: So does that have to I'm glad you brought up the colleges, the education colleges, they tend to be the most liberal slash progressive. In any university setting. You're going to have a disproportionate number of women, and you will have a very politically active sort of person that is now going through the schools of education. Is that where we need to start? And how do you even address that?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, as I dug in, we didn't get here overnight. Our education system has been infiltrated for decades, and yeah, we need to look at the university system. I'm a huge advocate for not putting your kids in traditional government schools. I mean, clearly my rights were violated, my child was harmed, and then I was vilified for speaking up about it. And like I said, as I dug in, I realized it's a very broken system.
Speaker 3: I mean, I tell parents, start with the fact that sixty.
Speaker 2: Percent of Colorado kids cannot read or do math YEP at grade level. And we wonder why because we're focusing on mental health and social emotional learning and comprehensive sex ed and all these other areas that aren't helping them be successful academically. So that should have been my first red flag as a parent. That most kids are not even meeting grade level.
Speaker 3: For basic studies. It's an issue.
Speaker 1: I might have a fifteen year old daughter and she's in a public high school and she loves it and she's doing really well there, but all of her friends sit around, they sit around, when they talk, they sit around and diagnose everybody else's mental disorders, Like we have focused on mental health, where they think any bump in the road is a diagnosis. You know what I'm saying, Like, Oh you're sad, that's a diagnosis. Oh you're angry, that's a diagnosis. Oh that person is a jerk. There's a diagnosis. And I'm thinking, what if we've done to these kids erin We weren't thinking about that stuff when we were kids, and now it's all these kids are talking about. It's crazy, and.
Speaker 2: It's not just at the individual school level. So last year I fought against a bill ten oh three that is now law that mandates mental health screenings for all.
Speaker 3: Six through twelfth graders. The results go to the school, not the parents, and.
Speaker 2: If a child is deemed high risk, they get sent to the state's mental health counseling program. I matter where all of the counselors are LGBTQ affirming and sex work positive as I found out when I took the assessment myself and was deemed high risk, which tells me everyone's deemed high risk.
Speaker 3: So were these directives.
Speaker 2: Are being pushed down from the state level that's now mandatory in all schools. And I don't know if you've looked at the first grade curriculum that's now part of the new social studies stances, but we're teaching first.
Speaker 3: Graders about Harvey Milk and sex work.
Speaker 1: Now, well, what's interesting and when the sex work thing is the one that got me in the first grade standards, right, Because anybody that's ever had a first grader in their life knows that when you say something like and they know that trans Because the portion of the first grade social studies curriculum that we're talking about says that the two men who were they were just drag queens. They were not transpeople. They were just drag queens. They also ran a boy's sex ring out of their apartment because they would find these confused gay kids on the street and then they would exploit them. And in this first grade social studies unit, it says that they would take these boys in because trans kids often turned to sex work. Now, if you've ever had a six year old, you know what's going to happen. Next, question number one, what's a trans kid? Question number two? What sex work? How do you explain that to a six year old in an age appropriate manner?
Speaker 3: How do you do that? My daughter in first grade wanted to be a unicorn.
Speaker 2: Kids clearly at that age are not capable of comprehending these concepts. And I'm a firm believer it's not really the public school's business to be teaching any child about sex work at any age, but it's certainly not appropriate for six and seven year olds. And you know, parents like me showed up at the State Board of Ed and we tried to push these standards up to fourth grade, where it seems more appropriate, But the State Board of Ed voted to start them in first grade, which is six and seven years old. And this is in his history in Civics class. Now, for example, there's a lesson about Jared Polis being the first.
Speaker 3: Openly gay governor.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't we talk about Jared Polis's accomplishments and it's okay to talk about its accomplishments, but it's not appropriate to talk about his.
Speaker 3: Sexual orientation with six year olds.
Speaker 2: Their brains are just not fully developed in a way that can comprehend these subjects the way they're being presented now as a state mandate, It's not optional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, either.
Speaker 1: Aaron Lee is going to be part of the incredible speakers lineup at the Stop the War on Children rally put together by Gays Against and so many other organizations are now doing these all over the country, and the speakers include Aaron. She's going to speak, Janette Cooper is going to share her thoughts on gender affirming care in the industry behind it. Jennifer Say, who was also on this show, is going to be speaking there, along with many many other including Lady Maga, who we interviewed last week, and he is dynamite. He is just so, so so good. It's all happening at ten am. What do you guys hope you're participating? Aaron, what is your hope for this rally?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: My hope is that it continues to bring people together.
Speaker 2: I so appreciate you platforming Gays against Groomers. They are such an amazing organization who has demonstrated real DEI right, where it doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum, or your sexual orientation or your religion, we all agree that a men aren't women, and that parents shouldn't be lied to and children shouldn't be mutilated in the name of gender ideology.
Speaker 3: These are not radical concepts.
Speaker 2: And what's so great about GAG and about my organization Protect Kids Colorado that I co founded, is that we want to bring people together from all different areas and backgrounds on these very common sense issues. So my hope is that people from all sides of the spectrum will come out to this event and see that you know, we're all very different, but we are unified on these issues.
Speaker 1: Aaron Lee, I appreciate your time today. I appreciate you just continuing to relentlessly do what you do because I do think that more parents are starting to be aware and are awake, but they still need a little more courage in some respects. So your organization, this rally Gaze against Groomers, I hope, continues to give people the courage to stand up and say these things are not real, and we cannot allow men in girls' bathrooms and boys in girls sports and all of the craziness that is supposed to be normalized in our society now, and I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: Aaron.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your time today.
Speaker 3: Thanks Mandy. All Right, that is Aaron Lee