Speaker 1: Kfi mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on YouTube, Instagram, and the iHeartRadio app. It is Monday, but what a glorious Monday it is. I can say the traffic wasn't too bad for me. I hear it was hell for Mark and Twalliver. That's not my problem because, as Mark says, it's always about me.
Speaker 3: So my drive was rather enjoyable, Thank you very much. I have never once said that, Oh it's always about you. Yes, oh that I say all the time. Not me, because I'm not an insane egomania, but about you.
Speaker 1: I'm only somewhat.
Speaker 2: Slightly, just barely narcissist tendency.
Speaker 3: If you say so, Your highness. Uh no, I don't know about your highness. I think that's a little bit much. Did you have a good weekend, my Lee? How about how about dear Leader?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Actually I did. It's interesting that you mentioned the weekend. Saturday morning, I went to work out at Clauding Cooper's free public workout.
Speaker 1: You gotta do that in the morning, don't you. Yes, yes, it starts at it's pretty much on time. About nine am. Got there and they were.
Speaker 2: About maybe fifty to seventy five people and she's trying to kill all of us.
Speaker 1: I don't care what anyone says. She says, you can go.
Speaker 2: At your own pace, don't worry about it, don't try to keep up. But you know, being a guy, the last thing you want to do is lag behind sixty five other people. So I'm killing myself trying to keep up and act like I'm not really struggling.
Speaker 1: To keep up. So she really isn't the nice exercise. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no. She's polite, but she's not nice.
Speaker 2: There's a distinct difference. I mean, a drill instructor can be polite at times, all right, not nice. She was trying to kill us. I say us because I looked over at one point and there was Carnesia, and I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: She was coming.
Speaker 2: I didn't know she was going to show up because earlier that morning, Daniel had texted me said that he couldn't come. So I'm thinking, like, neither Daniel nor Carnesia are coming to the free community workout with Claudine Cooper. And I saw Carnesia and I won't say the look that she had on her face. I'll let her explain the hell that I could tell that she was going through Carnashia.
Speaker 4: You know, Mo, you did warm me that Friday. You said it's going to be hard. You think it's easy, but it's going to be hard. And when I got there, I was not expecting the intensity that took place. I have to say I was sore all weekend.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the fact that there were women thirty years older than me am I life, yes, yes, who were having less issue, fewer issues with the workout than me.
Speaker 1: They were not struggling. They were yeah.
Speaker 2: Because for me, my hips are hurt and she's doing Claudine is notorious for doing squats. Yes, okay, you're like sitting in a chair for forty five minutes, except there's no chair there. And I see all these people who should not be should be struggling more than me, okay, and they're not. And so my ego was like, okay, we're not gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Carneie.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the guy who was like maybe six two or so, had it was a basketball uniform and he just said, I quit.
Speaker 1: He quit, he walked, and he hadn't been younger than me, he just quit.
Speaker 2: So the struggle was real on Saturday, but it was necessary. I'm glad that Claudine did put us through our paces. If you have a chance to work out with Claudine Cooper by all means see her on Saturdays for her free community workouts at nine am.
Speaker 1: But that was Saturday. Sunday.
Speaker 2: I didn't do anything except stay in the house and watch TV and recuperate because, like Carnacia, I was really sore, and after a certain point you're not expecting to be that sore where it makes it difficult to walk up and down the stairs. And so I said, let me just stay downstairs, watch some TV. And that's what I did for Sunday. And here we are Monday. We are back at it. We have so much to cover today and this week it's day five, Day five of waiting for Eddie. As in waiting for Eddie Murphy. Nothing has happened yet, no declination, no type of regrets as far as coming on the show. So as far as I'm concerned, we are still in the mix. For those who don't know, let me reset. We sent out a request to Eddie Murphy and to Amazon Prime. We have connections over there. We've done things with Amazon Prime Prime Video before to get Eddie Murphy on the show.
Speaker 1: I said, it is my one must have.
Speaker 2: If there's any person that I want to interview more than anyone in the world, it's Eddie Murphy. And there's been this ongoing joke about his personal publicist, Arnold Robinson over at.
Speaker 1: Rogers and Rogers in Cown, who keeps shutting me down.
Speaker 2: Every single year I send a request, he'll send a decline like thirty minutes later. Can you at least consider it? I mean, it's it's it's you know, it's considerate that you sent me a response, But can you at least consider her my requests? And we've always hit a brick wall within minutes this time not so much so far.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: It could be that he thinks even less of me now and has no intentions of responding.
Speaker 5: No, hush your mouth. We must keep our eyes on the prize. He is thinking about it, He is considering it. He is saying to himself, you know, Moe has always been respectful, been humble in this request. He has always afforded me plenty of time, you know, on this film, on this one.
Speaker 2: Let me take this request more serious. Well, see, we shall see. There are a number of people. Hopefully they are listening right now, watching right now on YouTube to get a better sense, to better assess this show and the fit for Eddie. And I understand that if only because of working in entertainment, you always have to protect the talent. In their case, it's Eddie Murphy. You're not gonna put him in a situation where they feel that he's gonna get embarrassed or it's not going to be a good fit to get to generate good content. I completely get that. In other words, they're gonna vet me through and.
Speaker 5: Through, and it's important to note and of course you the listener can't see the email and most sim but did a little bit of name dropping sure in the email, just to kind of highlight some comparable talent that has been on the show, the likes of of Delroy Lindo and all Alfrey Woodard and and a lot.
Speaker 1: Of other communities at Anthony Anderson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people I remembered and did not put in the email, like I forgot. I literally forgot to put George Wallace, Jay Leno, I mean others we had Centric the entertainer.
Speaker 1: I put that in there just so you can see.
Speaker 2: Look reputable comedians have been on this show.
Speaker 1: You led with Shatner. That's not going to be a List's not going to be a draw for Oh, I think it will be. Yeah, he's on the list. I can't tell him.
Speaker 2: You know which names are going to be most important to them, But William Shatner is on the list.
Speaker 3: Now. A little point of clarification, Mo, when you were younger, did you take getting ghosted by a girl as a more positive sign than just a break up?
Speaker 2: When I was younger, there was no such thing as being ghosted. What did happen to me is that I would get a fake number. You go to the club, you talk to the woman and da da da da da, and you dance a few times and say, so, you know, how can I get in touch with you? This is pre email, so it was just the phone number. It may not have even been a cell phone, depending on the year. So you just ask for the number. And there were times I know that the woman would give me a fake number and you run into that woman, you know, next time at the club.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's all a part of the game. Mark, you play the numbers game just to get the number one with your boys, you get as many numbers as possible. That one number that you may not even been thought about turns out to be a real one, and now you and your your boys are like, ah, man.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're not really responding to the spirit of my question, though, which is, if you get blown off, does that still leave a remnant of hope with you as opposed to just being told to get lost?
Speaker 2: I would look, I would think that I've been blown off respectfully by Arnold Robinson for the past fifteen years. It's this didn't ghost me, but you know he was polite, but it wasn't a yes. But here I am still, you know, asking for the number, asking for the date, want to take take her out?
Speaker 3: As they say, I want you to know I'm going to be here for you. Like Ducky Mark when you're let down. Mark, Look, we are not dealing.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty in pink. I think Ducky was a coward.
Speaker 3: That was not.
Speaker 5: I've never been afraid to approach any any kool aid that's you gotta shoot you shot I have.
Speaker 1: I can honestly say I think you've shot it.
Speaker 2: I've never been apprehensive about approaching a girl.
Speaker 1: If I were was a boy at the age at that time.
Speaker 2: Or a woman. I was okay with being turned down. I would more be upset with myself if I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I would rather know there was It's not about thinking that there's no woman out of my link.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that. It's just I knew at a very young age I had the gift of gab. Look at me now. But it it it? Uh, how should I say this? It brought a lot of good things into my life in the dating world.
Speaker 1: Because you say, like, yeah, it's like they said, I, how did you end up with her?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It must be something I said. And you think that's going to translate to Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 2: No, I think it is applicable to all facets of one's life.
Speaker 3: I see, you ever read a book called don Quixote?
Speaker 1: I'm not chasing windmills? Okay, I see, So does that answer your question?
Speaker 5: Wait? Mark, aren't you the one that was literally talking about we need to focus on the secret?
Speaker 1: Last week? I forget you know, I know it was a long time. No, No, that's okay.
Speaker 5: We got to go to the water that said, Moe, you must practice the secret, the art of calling it into your life, putting it out into the universe. He didn't manifesting it as if it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: No matter what. I have such a stellar bomby the far right box.
Speaker 3: He did say that it's it's been so long, I barely remember saying that.
Speaker 1: But I don't.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is that I'm not sure the secret worked out for you. I don't think it works for everyone.
Speaker 1: That's not how the secret works.
Speaker 2: Don't yet to be seen. Okay, But no one's rendered judgment yet. We haven't gotten a no yet, you haven't gotten anything that's right.
Speaker 1: It's inconclusive.
Speaker 2: Don't put that into existence, right, that's the answer that is so negative.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, you misunderstand. I am one hundred percent on your side. I just I just don't. I don't want you to just decompensate and be a puddle of tears when it doesn't happen. I'm not fragile like you. I said, Well, nobody is, okay if I am six sport. We have a metal update when we come back.
Speaker 2: We're live on YouTube, Instagram, and the iHeartRadio app, and before the end of the week we'll be live on Facebook as well.
Speaker 1: We're just broadening the empire.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I remember standing right across me. When I remember.
Speaker 2: Next to me, kfis Later with Kelly. We're live on YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio app. The headline will read Metro security guard shoot suspect who stabbed him as in the Metro security guard in North Hollywood. Three hospitalized in stabbing shooting outside North Hollywood Metro station. If you've been listening to the show, we've talked at length about the North Hollywood Metro station, how Metro was using that as a prime example of how they've lowered crime, how they've cleaned up one of the most high profile stations.
Speaker 1: And I said, mmm, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: And I also said, if you remember that safety is about perception. You feel safe like they can put out the stats and you think it's that crime is down six percent. You can't feel that. You can't feel do I feel six percent safe? For no, of course not. You either feel safe or you feel unsafe. And I said one of the largest variables in the equation of feeling safe armed Metro was to have that visible police presence. Metro does have armed security on a limited level. But if I tell you that armed security was stabbed after stabbing a writer or a passer by, then I ought to.
Speaker 1: Tell you how dangerous it is.
Speaker 2: If they're willing to stab the guy with the gun, what do you think they'll do to your child? What do you think they'll do to your wife? What do you think they'll do to an average joe like you or me? This is not for effect or hyperbole. Is this happened at six seventeen pm on Saturday? What does that mean? The sun is still outside it right now and we're an hour later. The sun is out on a Saturday, so there are probably people everywhere in North Hollywood. No, it wasn't rush hour, but it's a Saturday, in other words, during a high traffic period, and you had someone out there who stabbed two different people, including an armed Metro security.
Speaker 1: So they had to wind up shooting the guy.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad that there was armed security there to handle it. Imagine if that person, that security officer was not there, probably more people would be harmed.
Speaker 1: But there are a number of things in this story.
Speaker 2: I think that we need to take note of okay, one broad daylight, not in the middle of the day, in the evening, but it's early enough where you can't say, well, it was late at night. You know, it could have happened anytime, because that's what happens late at night. Can't say that, can't say that we had armed security and that wasn't deterrent enough. If they're willing to shoot police, are on security, stab armed security. I'm sure they willing to stab you and me. That should not be at the forefront of our minds when we're using Metro.
Speaker 1: On a Saturday. We're not talking about midnight.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about at a time where there's a likelihood that there's going to be trouble or a.
Speaker 1: Homeless person is just no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a Saturday in which people probably could have been going to I don't know, Universal City, which is only one stop away going shopping. North Hollywood has been known for shopping. It's not one of those high crime areas in and of itself where you can say, well, damn, you know, it is obviously that part of town, so you should, you know, be on the lookout for that. No, it's not that, but that is what our Metro represents now. It represents crime and lack of safety. And it's not because I said it. I'm just reading you the headlines. We don't need to really get into the story, but we can if we want. Two people were hospitalized after one of them was shot, that was the Metro security guard, and the other was stabbed at a Metro station in North Hollywood. That's the whole damn story. That's all you really need to know. According to the LAPD, the suspect had an approached a Metro security guard regarding a parking citation. So this is not a random homeless person. This is a person who actually drove there and parked his car. At one point, the suspect took out a knife and stabbed the security guard. So what is the security guard supposed to do? He's got a gun. Well, if you're not going to use it, then you're probably not ever gonna use it. The security guard then pulled out a gun and shot the suspect twice. Yes, yes, that is the correct response when someone shanks you. If someone shanks you and you got a gun, yes shoot them. Both were taken to a local hospital and are expected to survive. No other details were immediately known. And there's something else we talk about the craziness of the world we live in. This happened over a parking citation. I don't know what the Metro security guard said to this person who was mad about the parking citation. But this goes back to why I talk about Mark Runner. I wanted him to live to see tomorrow. Thank you.
Speaker 1: You just don't excuse me.
Speaker 2: You just don't know how crazy someone may be. This is over a parking citation, if we believe the story as it's presented.
Speaker 3: No, you're right about this, and I hate to admit it. I led the seven o'clock with a story about a shooting that was over a parking spot. This stuff's getting intense, and.
Speaker 2: It's going to get worse, if only because it seems like when people start believing that it's normal and it does not have the same impact emotional impact, then there will be more of it. You get numb to it. You're not necessarily outraged. You're just less and less surprised. Oh, someone got stabbed on a Metro. Is anyone surprised about that anymore? I hope not. I hope not. Because it happens frequently enough where nobody should be surprised. And unfortunately, altercations over a parking space or a parking citation are less and less unusual as well, which says to me we'll probably have more of them. But before I get too far afield, this is just more evidence that, for whatever reasons, La Metro is a magnet to crime and is unsafe. And it's not because I say so, is I'm quite sure Metro would like to have you believe. It's the media, is how we are positioning it is how we're presenting it. We have a bias against Metro. It's not what we're saying. I am pointing to stabbings, I'm pointing to shootings. I am poorting two different random acts of violence on the trains, on the platforms, on the buses. And it's not going to change until there's a change at Metro, and not before. Its later with mo Kelly, we're live on YouTube, we're live on Instagram, we're live on the iHeartRadio app. And when we come back, unfortunately, it's a little bit more bad news to start off this week than good news. I don't want to talk about what happened in Colorado. We know what happened in Colorado. I do want to talk about how we here in Los Angeles always have to be mindful given what happened in Colorado.
Speaker 1: We'll do that next.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty when moo.
Speaker 1: Kelly on.
Speaker 2: And six live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, YouTube, and Instagram. And we usually don't necessarily talk about terror attacks on this show for a number of reasons, but there is something to be learned by what happened in Colorado over the weekend. By now you should have heard about how four women and four men between in the ages of fifty two and eighty eight were taking to hospitals in Denver for treatment Sunday yesterday, after a suspect used a makeshift flamethrower and threw an incendiary device into a crowd walking in a weekly event to call for the return of the remaining hostages taken by Hamas militants on October seventh of twenty twenty three. This is not about that, but there's a lesson which can be learned from that.
Speaker 1: And here's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Although that attack with the flamethrower happened in Denver, Colorado. There are lessons that we can learn from it. I'm talking about you who may live in Los Angeles. I'm talking about you who may live in Orange County, San Diego County. You may think, well, that was in Colorado. I don't have to worry about that. Well, that has to do with Israel and Hamas. I don't have to worry about that. No, No, you actually do have to worry about it. And the difference between America as a country and other countries. It comes down to, and this is to sound very cliche, but it's true, it comes down to freedom. And because we do have a certain amount of freedom. We don't have unlimited freedom. But because we do have freedom, there is more of a possibility and arguably more of a likelihood that a terrorist attack is going to happen. You don't have these types of terrorist attacks in say Russia, China, North Korea. That's not by coincidence, that's by design. People don't have actual freedom. In fact, even when I was in South Korea, the amount of surveillance in that country severely limits the options of people to do as they please. On one hand, it prevents certain acts of violence or mass murder, but you know there's a cost to it. You are limited as far as where you can go, You're limited in terms of your privacy. You're aware that you're being served, veiled at all times. I mean that's just in South Korea. We don't have that here. Yes, there are cameras everywhere, but it's just not the same. And if you've traveled to like's say, Korea or China or even Russia, you know it's different. It's different. We don't have that here in the United States. But since we do have this freedom and also with it a greater danger, I would say there's a larger responsibility for you and for me to take active roles in our own safety. There's nothing which really could have prevented what happened in Denver from what I understand and bolder, I don't know exactly what law could have been on the books or what type of surveillance which could have stopped what happened and seemed to be low tech and very little preparation. Now it could have been planned for quite some time, but the ingredients in it, I don't know. I there's much we could have done about it, And as far as I know, Mark correct me if I'm wrong. Flamethrowers or their approximations are still legal in most states.
Speaker 1: I'm making furious no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I wish I could give you a definitive answer on the legality of flamethrowers nationwide, but I'm gonna have to look that one up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure because I've had similar debates and discussions with other people about what is legal or isn't legal. Like you can't have your own tank that you can drive down the street, and you know that you can armor. There's certain weapons and vehicles you just can't have legally. But if I'm not mistaken, you can't have a flame thrower in most places. You can't use it however you want, obviously, but it's not illegal to possess. My point is, I don't know how much we can actually prevent here in this country.
Speaker 1: But all the question, the conversations we have.
Speaker 2: About not stopping at gas stations at night, or I may have kidding, say, you know, I don't go to seven to eleven, It's all about this one singular idea.
Speaker 1: We have to be aware of our.
Speaker 2: Surroundings and the people who are around us at all times. That's about all we can control. We have to be aware of what may be a target where you're in a space where maybe something could happen. And there's not a day in which I do not go out. I'm talking about if I'm going to work, if I'm going to the movies, if I'm going to an amusement park, I'm always conscious of something major and disastrous possibly happening.
Speaker 3: I have an answer for you, by the way, go ahead. Flamethrowers are broadly legal to own personally, except in Maryland, where they're banned, but here in California they require a permit Maryland skipping ahead. California modifies units to reduce their range to less than ten feet. And this is from a site called throwflame dot com. There's a site devoted to this.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: We can't prevent everything, we can't stop everything, but we can be a way aware of as much as possible before we even walk into those situations. I am never on a higher alert than when I'm like in a mall or in an open space. I don't really go to concerts anymore, but large gatherings of people because that's the world we live in now. And if there's a lesson which can be learned from what happened in Colorado, regardless of who the intended targets may have been, if you've lived in the city long enough that there is such a thing as wrong place, wrong time. There is such a thing as a stray bullet. There is such a thing as the unintended consequences. There is such a thing that something was not meant for you, but unfortunately it ended up including you. The takeaway with what happened in Colorado politics, aside the specifics acide, is that we always have to be vigilant. We always have to be first and foremost aware of our surroundings, concern with our own personal safety, our own group safety, and then we stand a better chance if and when something could happen. I've never been in a quote unquote mass shooting, but I have been in situations a number of times in which shots have rung out, and you have to actively think in advance what you're going to do before it happens, not after it happens. You have to actively imagine. You have to have a healthy enough imagination to see the worst of a situation before it happens, and That's something that we talk about in self defense and martial arts all the time. Most of the time self defense comes down to the decisions that you plan to make in advance before something happens, so if it does, you can just react, as opposed to freezing and not knowing what to do or where to go or.
Speaker 1: How you're going to contact someone.
Speaker 2: And that's what I would want people to take away from this, to be as safe as possible humanly possible, because you can't control what some idiot is going to do. You can't control what some crazy person is going to do. You can't control what someone has an agenda or has hate in their heart and going to attack.
Speaker 1: A particular group of people. I not.
Speaker 2: It's like to be sitting on the corner and have people drive by in a car and throw rocks and drinks and stuff at me just because I was black, and I know it was because of that, because of what they called me as they were driving by. Now today it could be someone who's going to start shooting. They could throw a Molotov cocktail. But my point is you have to be ready in advance and know in advance that wherever you are, you could be in a movie theater, you could be in a mall, you could be in a church service, you could be in a synagogue. All these places have been flash points for violence against a group of people. The only thing that you can do in this free society to bring it all together is take your own life into your own hands and make sure that it's the most important thing and on your mind each and every time you walk out that door.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly CAFI AM six forty, weell ive everywhere, the iHeartRadio app, YouTube, and Instagram.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty KFI.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly Live on YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio app. And this has to be unfortunate news given that Disney is just starting its seventy year celebration. Well, Disney also has announced it has cut hundreds of employees. And let's not forget this is the latest round of layoffs. So this is another deep round of cuts. People close to the Bourbank office confirmed the cuts, which are hitting film and television marketing teams, television publicity, casting and development, as well as corporate financial operations. And this is just three months after you may remember, Disney gave the acts to two hundred employees, including at ABC News in New York and Disney owned entertainment networks. And this is what I think people should remember. When we say Disney, it doesn't necessarily mean the company Disney.
Speaker 1: It could be its subsidiaries.
Speaker 2: It could be ABC, it could be ESPN, and it could be the amusement parks, it could be the movies, it could be television. And there's so many facets to the Disney corporation. But still, when you're laying off hundreds of people, that is never good news, especially against the backdrop of the seventy year celebration of Disneyland. This is the fourth round of layoffs in less than the year. We knew that when former CEO Bob Eiger came back to the company to reassume the role of CEO that they were going to be a lot of changes. His predecessor, Bob Japek, took the company in a lot of weird directions. Was over I thought, overcharging people at the amusement parks. He was making a lot of changes which were unpopular for supporters of the company and the brand and also I think turned off people to the brand. So there were some financial issues. And then Bob Iger is trying to write the ship at least financially, and that's different from the vision of the company going forward.
Speaker 1: But the fourth.
Speaker 2: Round of layoffs in less than a year, I don't know how anyone could work at Disney on I'll just say just an employee level or even a senior man management level and feel comfortable about their future given the number of layoffs in just the past twelve months. Now, some would say, and including Bob Iger, has said that Disney slash Walt Disney has been pumping out too many shows in movies, some thinking to keep up with Netflix. There were a lot of series on Disney Plus are like I don't know, And there are some movies that were both in theaters and also on Disney Plus like I don't know, and yes, and maybe they need to be more judicious with how they spend their money. And also the landscape has changed. Now you put something in the theater now, it's less likely to succeed. Why because people have other alternatives. It's not just Disney in the movies or Disney Plus at home. They're competing against streaming and all other platforms. It's not just a sum you know, it's not just a.
Speaker 1: Zero sum game where it's going to be this or that.
Speaker 2: Well, if I don't go to movies on a stay home and stream Disney Plus, no, you might be streaming Netflix, you might be streaming Peacock, you might be streaming I don't know, Paramount Plus.
Speaker 1: Pluto, TV, Hulu.
Speaker 2: There are so many competing outlets and platforms for what was just that Disney Eye.
Speaker 1: And now if you make a mistake, it's magnified.
Speaker 2: When a movie bombs like snow White, for example, that sets a corporation back, and it also changed the trajectory of what a corporation is going to do.
Speaker 1: Now you have Lelo and Stitch. That's fine, that's great.
Speaker 2: Didn't save any of these jobs. Certain things just cannot be undone. But all companies to a certain degree have this i'll say rebalancing, trying to find their equilibrium, trying to find a way forward and get their stride that they once had. But it's been a difficult i would say two years or so, because remember Disney was feeling all sorts of pressure after promising investors that it's direct to consumer services. That's Disney Plus, that's Hulu and ESPN Plus was going to achieve profitability.
Speaker 1: Last year people forgot Disney.
Speaker 2: Plus and those other streaming platforms with the set, so maybe Netflix, they were not turning a profit, and it was such a bargain. When Disney Plus first came out. I got it for like six ninety nine.
Speaker 1: It's like, wow, all this content, six ninety nine, Sure, sign me up.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden they realized that wasn't really financially feasible as a revenue generating source, and so Disney tried to pump out all these extra series and movies to inspire people to sign up and stay longer with the streaming service. In that marketing strategy has not worked, and so now they had to retrench, had to reorganize.
Speaker 1: People have been laid off.
Speaker 2: The company lost billions of dollars over several years during this strategic shift to streaming. But this last fall it's finally started to turn around and it's turned a profit. But a lot of people had to lose their jobs in the meantime, and it's not a guarantee that people who sign up for Disney Plus are going to stay with Disney Plus. It's almost like, once you get on the horse, you got to make sure this it's an enjoyable ride, or people will what, get off the horse and go somewhere else. So this is going to be painful for Disney in the foreseeable future because they still have not gotten back to where they were. How can they do that? Well, some hit movies wouldn't hurt, you know, some great turnout this summer at theme parks wouldn't hurt. People signing up for Hulu and ESPN Plus wouldn't hurt some of those things. Maybe all those things. KFI AM six forty It's Later with mo Kelly. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty