Speaker 1: It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Don't forget tomorrow We'll be giving away even more Aussi's on sorry tickets.
Speaker 2: We always got the hookup for you.
Speaker 1: Now. This segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works, which is the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there in Salona, Texas. We love it when you can come up and visit us at the brewery, but we are out and about all over when it comes to our beer. You can find our beer on tap at places like what about downtown prosper where it's not only at the Gen, it's at the tavern for example. What about when we go to the American Airline Center and you can get the big German when you go to concerts or MAVs games or Stars games, and there's places around the American Airline Center like chop Shop or like Hero for example. What about places that have been down with us from the jump, like Kanye Rosso and Pluckers, Or what about the different truck yards, all the different truckyards, the one an Alliance, the one at the Colony, the one in Dallas, they all carry Rollertown Beer Works. So when you go to your favorite place, like a fortunate son or a good friend, by all means, order Rollertown beer if you want to support us. And if you go to your favorite bar restaurant and they don't have it, say hey, check in with your Benny Keith rap and get some of that roller Town on tap. Plus go to places like tom Thumb or in every Tom Thumb in the in North Texas region. Now agb total wine and more liquor depot, on and on again, ask your favorite place it sells liquor and spirits and beer to carry Rollertown Beer Works. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: This thing's big. Today's April Fool's Day.
Speaker 3: And I've long believed that April fools Day is a day for people who aren't naturally funny.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? I mean it's they have to resort to cheap tricks.
Speaker 4: Huh, No, you meaning it's a it's a gimmick. It's like some people can just jump bikes without a ramp. You're saying this is a ramp.
Speaker 2: Well, I like that.
Speaker 3: It's it's a for people that have to telegraph what they're doing, and it's like, well, you don't like Sometimes comedy is best when it's uh, you don't see it coming.
Speaker 4: Now, are you saying this from a comedy mountaintop looking down at everyone?
Speaker 2: I think I am.
Speaker 3: I think after the month that I've strown together, which we will dive into tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Is there a g on the end of that? You say strong? I think strone works too together.
Speaker 3: But my point is April Fool's Day is cheap. I think if someone's in your office trying to pull off an April Fool's.
Speaker 2: Day prank, yeah, they're a cheap slut. And maybe when you're.
Speaker 3: A kid, it's good, but when you grow up a little bit, you know to see it coming.
Speaker 2: Is it funny to trip someone? It's funny to trip someone not on aprilfuls an elderly person, Yeah, depends if they were mouthing off or.
Speaker 4: Not, okay, mouthing off, just running their head.
Speaker 3: Called me a slur, Yeah, an actual slur they referred to he was slur.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, slur, hey slur to mean?
Speaker 5: What that mean?
Speaker 3: And now I get defensive? Why was I defensive because I was said slur? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, incorrect?
Speaker 3: Tiger Woods. Who can we all agree has he's like Benjamin Button. I think Tiger Woods was so great when he was young and now he's old and he's just he just never had a real childhood. We know the stories of him walking in on his dad and his dad's buddy just going to town in an RV with three or four strange women, like there's Tiger didn't have a chance.
Speaker 2: Now you get back out on the driving range.
Speaker 3: Is Gabriel. He is, let the boy watch. That's what happens when the boy gets to watch.
Speaker 1: His dad handed him a golf club, a cigar, a shot of booze, and a condom when he was six and said go live, rather.
Speaker 2: Than saying get back out on the pudding green. Yeah. So the idea is.
Speaker 1: That he lived to sheltered childhood because all he was doing was playing golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a machine, a robot.
Speaker 3: But combined with the fact that his dad was carousing in an RV at golf courses when they'd go play golf, Tiger's supposed to be practicing, and then Tiger walked into the RV.
Speaker 4: Okay, really part of there's audio, Really it should be kind of tipping our caps to earle that he was able to build that golf prodigy while he was also banging everything.
Speaker 2: It is crazy getting hammered.
Speaker 3: Other tiger's mom who dad a couple weeks ago, should get a little credit to ben.
Speaker 2: I didn't know she had passed. I thought she was a stay at home mom. No she well she might have been. No, she probably worked for a little bit. No, she was a stay at home mom. And his dad was to stay in the RV kind.
Speaker 3: Of guyah until till he won the Masters in ninety seven, and then she could quit. Okay, So he tours Achilles a couple weeks ago, A ruptured Achilles a couple of weeks ago. Here's what he tweeted it itay, I can't believe I'm saying this, But a few weeks after rupturing my left achilles, the sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber, plus the explosive lifts, my doctors and trainers have me ready to play the Masters next week.
Speaker 2: Can't wait.
Speaker 3: See all on the course. That is seven three am. He comes back six minutes later.
Speaker 2: PS.
Speaker 1: April fools. My Achilles is still a mess. Okay, Well, I think the premise is dumb. I think the tweet is good. The second one.
Speaker 2: Saying that your achilles is a mess is pretty good. That's fine.
Speaker 1: Do you know what just feels like when you were saying that, you think it's cheap or whatever. It definitely feels like something Michael Scott would do. Yeah, you know, an April Fool's prank. Yeah, and then it's just like so stupid, Like no one read that and thought he was going to play in the Masters. Oh you want to bet? Okay, only dumb people read that. Only dumb people read that and thought he was going to play in the Masters. And then Michael Scott goes, gotcha.
Speaker 2: You know, it's exactly that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it smells like ap dog in here exactly got him.
Speaker 2: Who is cornier out of him or Russe Wilson.
Speaker 3: Russell's cornier, But Tiger gets a little bit of credit because Tiger, for whatever reason, not only his dominance that does count in this. Like Russell never dominated, he was just really good his dominance plus the sexcapades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look what Russell Wilson snagged. Yeah, she was sure sloppy seconds. Yeah, she was just looking for something stable.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He's also it's the difference in the two is exacerbated by the massive height difference. Russell Wilson is at best five to six. Yeah, man, we had a so he was when he was drafted by the Rangers. There was a whole mav game where they put him down on the front row and they wanted me to go interview him or whatever. And I went up and I was like, you know, I didn't I wouldn't push you, but I mean he was such a knob and just so like in his own head and like looking around and freaking out. I was just like, Hey, I don't really want to talk to you, honestly, Let's just move on.
Speaker 2: He's just he definitely gives off a whole monitor vibe. You know, let's try it.
Speaker 1: He wants to check everyone's tall pass and make sure they're supposed to be where they're being.
Speaker 3: So I've got some companies here who have tried some April fools, Hail Mary's, over the and some of these you may remember.
Speaker 2: Here's something that didn't go very well. Uh Hooters again.
Speaker 3: Okay, since the last time we talked about them, has filed for bankruptcy.
Speaker 2: Really overnight news hit, like after we did our segment yesterday. Wow, in two thousand and one, Hooters.
Speaker 3: Hooters in Florida held a win a Toyota contest for one hard working waitress.
Speaker 2: All right, so the waitresses all sign up.
Speaker 3: The winner was blindfolded, led to a parking lot that camer prize, where she received one toy Yoda from Star Wars. Genius sued them and actually got a settlement that allowed her to buy a car.
Speaker 5: What what did she see him for?
Speaker 3: Well, if the rules say, if the official rules say Toyota, then it can't be a Toyota. It can't be a play on words in official contesting rules.
Speaker 2: Right, How did they have her dressed when they blindfolded her? How do you think it was bikini nine?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: In twenty eighteen, Elon muskinounced that Tesla had gone completely and totally bankrupt, and it caused a big dip in the company's stock price. You know, and then he does the April fools man and they end up fine.
Speaker 1: But I totally see his sense of humor being April fool style.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now here's something that actually, you know, you guys can can judge on your own.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: There was an audio company, They're called Mastering Dynamic, and they had these new headphones that they were launching called Concrete over ear headphones, selling them for four hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: So concrete, and people like, where can I go buy these? Because you go?
Speaker 3: They go through the whole thing. Let's put it up on the website. It's not real, clearly.
Speaker 2: But it's what they tried for.
Speaker 1: They're suggesting the headphones were made of concrete. Yes, okay, that was their bit.
Speaker 3: Dude, Audio companies level of humor's a little different than other people's.
Speaker 2: Clearly, they're all engineers.
Speaker 3: Twenty seventeen, Coke on April Fools decided that they would put out there they're announcing a new variety coke call that has a small shot of helium in it and take a drink your voice.
Speaker 2: All right, that's actually pretty good. I love it and would be in oh yeah, it'd be amazing.
Speaker 4: But that's a good that's a good way to get everyone talking about your product.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's solid. That's good work.
Speaker 3: That's using April Fools to your advantage. So really you're just hitting someone in the nuts. Really, April Fool's Day is just hey tell a lie day. Yeah, yeah, it's not even It's just here's a dumb lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess, so have fun everybody, but you believe it, and they're like, oh, oh it's April first.
Speaker 2: Dang it.
Speaker 3: Like I just don't know that we need to have our guard up anymore than we already do as a society.
Speaker 2: And then he just doubles on this day because I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm at the point where I don't believe a single thing I see on social media, so I don't know every single day.
Speaker 5: My sister real quick, she got prank today because she was told they were brownies today. She's a teacher, right teacher coach, so she was all excited for brownies. And then she went to her classroom and there's a giant brown e sitting on her desk.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's Michael Scott.
Speaker 5: What's even better is she sent a picture to our family group text or my mom goes, wait, what's the E for?
Speaker 2: Coffee?
Speaker 3: Mate? Tried this too, They're like, okay, here it comes the perfect way to transform your everyday cup. Here's some coffee mate creamer. It's coffee flavored.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not that strong. Fail. Yeah, I don't even.
Speaker 1: Know what anything means.
Speaker 2: Some of these though, could happen.
Speaker 3: Pet Co in twenty seventeen announced that they've got the Doodoo Drone nine thousand. It's a battery powered drone that scoops up after your dog and honestly that needs to be real. Yeah, like I one hundred bucks, I don't have to clean up the dog crap anymore.
Speaker 2: The drone will just go get it.
Speaker 4: Did you see a drone the other day that they were testing delivery and it was delivering something that was somewhat heavy and it dropped.
Speaker 2: It through the windshield of a car. Oh yeah, that it was a parked car.
Speaker 4: Somebody had just loaded their toddler in the back, walking around to get in on the front, and like a microwave oven dropped through the windshield. That's like that classic April Fool's prank where you shove someone down an elevator shaft in a great bit.
Speaker 3: Man, what I'm saying it reminds you back in the day at the fan. I feel like, at any given time somebody worked with might ball tap you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy is just a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of sports guys hanging out and I'm like, okay, I don't need.
Speaker 2: Door a cup of work. Ashley Shaeffer, BMW. That's what they do. That's what we do around here. How we do it around here. Hulu did a thing in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: They changed their streaming service to who Hu, making a joke on attention spans, and then if you tried to watch a show, it only show the first eight seconds of it.
Speaker 2: Well, that part's of the wage. That parts really you should never do that.
Speaker 4: But getting in the headlines, making people think and talking about your brand, that's good the first part show.
Speaker 2: That's what I forgot about Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Burger King did whopper flavored toothpaste.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. What don't we doing? I think we should end the segment. Yep, Well, in that case, that would end today's show.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time Kevin looked the people at Hulu dead in their eye and he said to him, I would.
Speaker 3: Like some good local New Year's Eve coverage like we used to have in the past.
Speaker 2: We used to own the New Year in this town.
Speaker 1: And that's why Hulu's got a big local New Year's presentation planned for this year. All Right, Christine is gonna stick around and play some.
Speaker 2: Music right here on the Eagle. There you going well, I'm gonna get my sack back, dude, all right,