Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network.
Speaker 2: Hello and Happy Thursday, but biggest of all, Happy New Year. This is the first episode of twenty twenty five with the Good Doctor joining me. Doctor Will doubts and how are we doing?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 4: I was gonna get one of those noise maker things, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: That would have been decent. Is it is wonderful to see your face? What has the week been?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: You know, transmission fell out of the car. Other than that, everything's been great. You know, I'm trying to be I'm trying to see the potential in the year. Yeah, how about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a rough week too, some stuff I haven't even shared with you yet. My my mom's car got possibly totaled this week. Been giving her some rides. It's been a rough week with the kids. And yeah, got over being sick since since last week and here we are doing it all over again.
Speaker 3: Kids. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a lot to cover tonight. Normally I thought this was going to be a fairly slow week, and announcement wise, it kind of is. But we got we got some exclusives to talk about tonight. We got a big giveaway to do tonight for def Crocodile. We've got a bunch of new faces in the chat. We got some lists from Will to cover. We got some recent watches, pickups, rants, all kinds of stuff to cover.
Speaker 4: Man, we'll address some things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna address a lot of things. One that I wanted to start off with very very quickly. Will doesn't even know about this one yet. The Physical Media Advocate was due out to everybody yesterday and we've been delayed by two days because our cover artist was in the midst of two different major emergencies.
Speaker 3: In the last week and it got delayed.
Speaker 2: But as of literally like four minutes before I went live, we got our cover and a sneak peek for everybody. Here is the cover of the January one Physical Media Advocate going out to stores available on Amazon starting in the next day and a half. You will be able to pick this up soon. Great peace on the Substance. We have a lot going on on this and cannot wait for you to see this issue. It's possibly my favorite yet, which is crazy considering how many we've done.
Speaker 3: Did you you didn't get a chance to see the Substance this year? Did you? Well?
Speaker 4: I spent a little time with Jeremy Long, so I got the gist of it.
Speaker 3: Good to know a.
Speaker 4: Lot of plastic surgery people don't realize that like all that all that facial hair that's that's pasted on.
Speaker 3: That that is true. Uh.
Speaker 2: We we have a big giveaway, like I said, going on tonight, and the Deaf Crocodile giveaway is gonna be big. So they are giving away the deluxe edition of Philaday as seen here. They're also giving away two other standard editions for their animation titles. You're getting a Delta Space mission and some of the stars. And now the big thing is you were told that you got to be live to enter this watching this, and so here is how you figure out there's gonna be a banner on the screen for the next ever so long, we're gonna be having this going until the giveaway post comes up in the announcements tonight. And what you're gonna do to enter, as you can see here, post on either Twitter or Blue Sky anything positive about any physical media release, literally anything. Just use the hashtag positivity. Make sure you tag both my account on either Twitter or Blue Sky and Deaf Crocodile on Twitter or Blue Sky. We would love to hear about that. Just anything good. Put some good in the world. To start this year, we gotta have some sort of a positive spin compared to what we had last year.
Speaker 4: For example, I think it's wonderful that people can get two different editions of Cannibal to Musical.
Speaker 3: That is pretty wonderful if they can find one of them.
Speaker 2: If you can find one of them, I mean you can order it direct and pay a bunch to ship.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about that, won't we, Yes.
Speaker 2: Of course we will. I am stoked on this. We're going to talk about some of those rants. Like I said, recent pickups and watches. You want to go first on pickups?
Speaker 4: Pickups?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got too many piles.
Speaker 4: Gross, A couple of Kenot pickups, Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.
Speaker 3: Nice, nice, nothing.
Speaker 4: No problematic makeup at all. Mhmm. James Whale film by Candlelight tro Troy Howarth commentary. Pretty excited about that.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 4: This just arrived at my doorstep not thirty minutes before we were set to start. This is from Orbit DVD, the imprint special edition of Sam Peckhampa's The Killer Elite, which includes both.
Speaker 3: Cuts incredible release, a really, really great, great release.
Speaker 4: A movie that I have not seen before but have always wanted to see, despite the fact that it has kind of middling reviews. But this is the what was a Studio Canal four K of Red the Sun. Oh nice piring Charles Bronson and to Shiramfoon at last it will be a good one to watch.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: And then last one I'll mention, but I'll we'll probably bring it up again as we talk about the goings on the past month, Shawk and the Painter. I was talking about this with somebody I can't remember who, and I had found it on YouTube and I was like, man, this would look really good on Blu Ray, and then turned out it is on Blu Ray. BFI put it out. This is the Sheridan le Fenu story done up as a sort of inspired by Christmas ghost Stories with BBC. And then finally, probably my best pickup of the season. You see next to that Godzilla. That is the full Moon video coffin edition of the Subspecies series.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this just came back in print.
Speaker 2: This was only available for a little bit of time before on or some Charles band thing. And then they start advertising the sale in December using the Coffin set in their branding, and then it never goes on sale.
Speaker 4: During the sale, it went on sale for.
Speaker 2: Like eight minutes, and they said it was a mistake, and then they righted the price and it was one sixty the rest of the time.
Speaker 4: Oh guess who got the good price? You may be wondering, is there a figure a cute figuring and brought to the vampire in there? Yes? There is? Does it glow in the dark? It does?
Speaker 3: I am quite jealous. I wanted it.
Speaker 4: I am a well, I am my wife are huge subspecies fans, so yes, very very happy. So those are the Oh well, actually, I guess a fort of pre Christmas pickup. I got a new media tower nice to hold. So Vinegar Syndrome and some partner labels are behind me. And then now that means that Severn and some other part and Blue Underground.
Speaker 2: So as we talked about seven and some other stuff, why don't we talk about this.
Speaker 3: Brenton Timmins says.
Speaker 4: You got to do your pickups.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, this is important. I think probably people probably said it before I arrived, But will you killed it? On aerosplus Massacre you want to highlight that? Did that happened this month?
Speaker 4: Oh well, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Highlight of twenty twenty four for me, I was a guest on Sam Degan's podcast Aeros plus Massacre. It was a two part episode, so if you heard part one, part two, I believe is now available to the general masses, and we talked about the twelve well there's like six or seven official and then some acent ghost stories for Christmas on the BBC and uh. It was It was really like my first time talking with Sam. I'd never met her before. Thanks to mister Rolodex here, we got in touch to discuss another matter, a possible project, and in the course of talking about that, which my first conversation with her, I had COVID and was like I was going to cancel the meeting, but I was like, nah, I'll just pushed through, and then like I was totally delirious. I have no idea what I said. Hopefully I guess it wasn't too bad because she she came back and was like, hey, you want to be on the podcast, and so we did it and it was super fun. She was so fun to talk to, really really nice person and a lot of laughing and discussion of necrophilia. So bringing the new if you haven't heard it yet.
Speaker 2: It is an incredible listen. Everybody needs to go listen to Arrows plus Masker two different episodes and yeah, it's a really great podcast and made even better by your presence.
Speaker 4: See, I got her to make fun of a partner release, an OCN release.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk about the fact that I had this is gonna be ridiculous, but treating physical media as currency. I had used sorry Craig dev Crocodile releases to pay for some art for the Physical Media Advocate earlier this year. Somebody needed slipcovers and so I was happy that the two I traded away they just recently did on Diabolic DVD and I could replace this is that they're doing. So those are my two big pickups of this week. I now once again have slipcovers on everything, and I think I covered. Oh no, there is one more that I did not highlight on here here that I wanted to shout out, and we're gonna talk about it later tonight because of the Shelf Shock rewind Awards.
Speaker 3: But the big one, the big.
Speaker 2: One for me from this year from Scream Factory, which I don't ever give love to. Everybody needs to check out their release of Hush four K. This is a four disc set, looks incredible, delivers on the special features, delivers on two different cuts of the film, both in four K. These like this is the release of the year for me. From Shout that isn't a Hong Kong box set other than those, this is exactly the type of quality I would love to see from them. It's obviously a great movie, but to see it moved up from streaming to physical and have the improvement there is mind blowing.
Speaker 3: It is so much better than what we ever saw.
Speaker 2: And now you get this brand new cut that is like shockingly creepy with how they did it, and I think people need to check that out too, because it's not getting enough love. That release is kind of amazing.
Speaker 3: Cool cool.
Speaker 4: I want to point out some people in the show confirmed you froze up for a little bit, and I just want to reassure the audience that if Ryan loses his connection, I am prepared to step in with alternative content. I was doing some cleaning and reshuffling of boxes and getting some stuff to sell, and so I've got like my entire TV collection out, so I'll just show you, like my favorite shows.
Speaker 3: Ran disappears.
Speaker 4: I won't be able to do the announcements, but I'll just be like, here's a TV show I like, it's good, and we'll go through the best episodes.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how I froze when I'm literally hardwired into Google Fiber right now.
Speaker 3: But oops, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: I know who's doing it too. It's those dogies. I'm coming for you.
Speaker 2: Recent watches. I know you got some interesting ones to discuss for this week as well.
Speaker 3: What do you got for us? Oh, I don't know. You're so prepared.
Speaker 4: I am prepared, actually so again. I watched some newer streaming movies, so I'll talk about those at the end, but the few that I just picked out, I watched the anthology horror film xx right, which is advertised as the first horror anthology completely written and directed by women filmmakers. But despite that, it's actually quite good.
Speaker 3: I always let it try to like, let it maritate for a second.
Speaker 4: No, no, this was awesome. I picked it up because Karen Kassama has a film in here. I loved Karen Kassama. She was actually the only filmmaker I was familiar with until I discovered that Annie Clark is that Annie Clark. Saint Vincent directed one of the Schwartzen here, and it's actually pretty good. All of them are are very good. If you haven't seen x X, I highly recommend it. Really really good horror anthology deserves to be talked about a little bit more. I think.
Speaker 3: Our buddy Sidney J.
Speaker 4: Fury. I watched The Chris File, the first of the what's his name? Harry Palmer? Yes, right, I should never forget that name. Mary Palmer films with young Michael Caine, kind of like the anti James Bond in the it's like he makes mistakes, he gets his ass kicked, yeah, like constantly, and it's very sad at the end. But I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Beautifully shot.
Speaker 4: Too. I've been watching I know you love this. I've been watching a lot of pre stardom John Wayne movies, and I'm going to share two of them for reasons of interest. The first I watched this is from nineteen thirty four, directed by George Sherman. No directed by Harry Fraser Neath Arizona Skies, not Underneath neath Arizona Skies and all of these, these all of films put out a bunch of these pre stardom John Wayne movies. All of them are under an hour, so they're like perfect when you're falling asleep. But this one is particularly interesting because here's the story. Eighteen thirty four, John Wayne plays a kindly white guy who is the guardian of a Native American girl who owns a ship ton of oil land. It's basically it's, you know, the stuff that Killers from the Killers of the Flower Moon is about. And it even has a title card that like mentions the Osage and Apache and a couple other tribes who fall under this, so it just goes to show you that this was, you know, all this shit was common knowledge, right. So basically, a bunch of nay or Duwells find out that this young Indigenous girl has all this land with oil on it, and so they're trying to murder her and John Wayne's gotta save her. So that was fun. And then I watched Overland Stage Raiders nineteen thirty eight. This is one of his eight Three Musketeers movies. This is interesting primarily for being the final film of Louise Brooks of Pandora's Box Fame. Here she's just like a regular gal in the Old West. But that was her final thing.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Then I watched a bunch of stuff on streaming that like melted my head. I watched The Last Voyage of the Demeter Ah and was like, I was like, this was directed by the guy who did Troll Hunter and The Autopsy of Jane Doe. Are you've serious? It sucks? So then I was like, Okay, the studio must have done it to him. Maybe one of his other Hollywood movies is good. So I watched Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, which which she also did, and it actually was okay, but it had a really stupid ending. What's the director's name it is?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Andre Overdal did troll Hunter and The Autopsy of Jane Do, both of which are great. Last Way to the Demeter did not care for cool concept. I guess troll Hunter is awesome. I think that's might be my favorite found footage movie. I watched one of the dumbest horror movies ever last night, Countdown. Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: Oh No, it looked so bad. I didn't even try.
Speaker 4: About the app that tells you when it's gonna when You're gonna die, and and and you know, you know you're in a weird place when Tom Segura plays a pivotal role in the movie's plot as a as a radio shack employee or whatever it is that's by I don't recommend Countdown I saw because you know it was my jam I saw anyone but you with Sidney Sweeney. And who's the hit man?
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, the Glenn Glenn Glenn Glenn Howardton. No, that's the guy that's always Sonny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Glenn.
Speaker 3: Powell Powell. That's his name.
Speaker 4: We work together, we go Ronnie. So there have been four hundred and ten adaptations of Shakespeare to grace the silver screen. This was the most profitable Shakespeare adaptation in the history of Shakespeare adaptations. It's a loose version of Midsummer and I much do about Nothing. There's really only two reasons to watch this movie, so I also.
Speaker 3: Have to be canceled again, like the last time you were on.
Speaker 4: Last two, last two, the last two I actually liked one of them I read about in Fangoria called Don't Move.
Speaker 3: Don't know that one.
Speaker 4: Let's see what can I say without spoiling it. This lady's gonna kill herself, and this guy talks her out of jumping off the mountain, and then he injects her with a paralytic substance so that he can torture her.
Speaker 3: To death.
Speaker 4: And despite the fact that she can't move for most of the movies, she manages to get away from him. Quite did so I liked it. I like, don't don't, don't move. Sender's right, and I was referring to Clinton Powell's balls. Uh, Jeremy's also right. There are things to like about anyone but you. It's just that I don't feel they pull off the unreality of the play. They either needed to adapt it to be more realistic or go somewhere more fanciful. It's also about like super rich people, so I hated them all.
Speaker 3: Was that the what you were supposed to do?
Speaker 4: No, I think you're supposed to think they're cute and want.
Speaker 3: Them to Oh, well, that's not as fun.
Speaker 4: The last movie I watched on which I liked quite a bit, was Smile Too. The first Smile I think I mentioned before. I took my wife to see and it hit her in like every way possible, like she could barely make it out of the theater. Smile Too. The main character's name is my wife's name, and it's like even worse in terms of how it would hit her. So I had to tell her not to watch it. But I was impressed. I can't remember the name of the actress who plays the main character and smile too.
Speaker 3: But she was Naomi Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah she was just in like some teeny but no, she was in Uh she was Jasmine and a live action Aladdin. Oh that's which I didn't see. So that's why I didn't know who she was.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: So how about how about you just say any again?
Speaker 3: I did. I am trying to remember what I talked about last week, so I think the last thing I talked about was no s fautu, So I have a few it was.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I like the more unpolished Robert Eggers, so his first two really hit for me. But Northmen and this one.
Speaker 3: Feel a little too hollywood ish.
Speaker 2: But it's still a good movie. It's not it's not necessarily bad or anything. It's just yeah, just a little too Hollywood. So this week a couple of big ones I finally caught up with a Monkey Man from this year, the Dev Patel directorial debut action flick, Very very well done. We actually watched this as part of the Patreon watch along for the month. Was a really great time. Was a fun movie to watch as a group and then discuss after. Really liked how the.
Speaker 3: Action in it.
Speaker 2: It was important and like culturally relevant with the story that they were telling. I was pretty impressed to see a lot of the choreography be great. Defatel, hell of a director for his first for his first feature. John actually is the one that that spurred on this watch. As he was leaving this house last week, we talked about how I haven't seen Monkey Man yet and I needed to, and I said, yeah, we're all gonna watch it together with the Patreon this week.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a damn good time, pretty pretty decent action. I'm not as steeped in like action movie Twitter like a lot of people, but if you are not super sicklar about all that, I thought it was a really well made movie. The only thing that I could say really the ending probably a little anti climactic. If you're a huge action fan, it was meant to be. It feels like it was meant to be a little more emotional than like, oh, he's fighting the big bed now. So yeah, decent movie. I feel like I feel like the ending is gonna make some people upset. Next one, I got around to the partner label release of The Coffee Table, showed this to my mom and my sister, or not my sister, my mom and my wife.
Speaker 3: I was telling my sister about that one.
Speaker 2: I this is a weird one because I walked away feeling not not sure if I witnessed a masterpiece or something that I hated. And it's just sort of been something that I've considered every day since I saw it. It's definitely not left my mind. The biggest thing is this is a movie about mounting tension, and if you're not into that sort of thing, it's not gonna work for you. Yes, I know, tension was your high school girlfriend's name.
Speaker 3: Will I get it it is?
Speaker 2: It was decent enough. It was a very simple plot. Obviously, Adam says, Coffee Table is few. It is in this house. My mom watches everything with us. For the most part, I will choose some things to not watch with her the nights that she's gonna be here, but other than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, is that movie you posted on Instagram today, The Neon Crotch Lady.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that during announcements today.
Speaker 4: Check this one out.
Speaker 3: The other thing.
Speaker 2: Watched the brand new Nicole Kidman movie Baby Girl this week, and it felt like a nice bookend to obviously another risque title that she worked early in her career that got her a lot of feedback and feeling with eyes wide shuts. It wasn't necessarily a similar film, but it certainly gives similar vibes.
Speaker 3: I thought it was really well acted.
Speaker 2: I know that there's some I don't know, contrivances in the film, but it's it's literally about a cougar CEO trying to like explore sexuality with the with the younger essentially like intern level colleague, and it's there's a lot of stuff that they should have been caught multiple times in this movie doing the things that they did. But yeah, I really love this. Actually, I thought it was quite well written for the most part, as long as you suspend the disbelief of them not getting caught. But other than that, nice to see, actually, especially a movie really take the risk.
Speaker 3: That it did with this putting that out right now, with.
Speaker 2: A lot of like film Twitter and the younger generation turning away and getting more prudish towards some of that stuff which I will never understand. But yeah, maybe girls that's the meds.
Speaker 3: That that might be a part of it. These young people ain't got libidos. No more.
Speaker 2: Last thing I'll shout out my kids. We have been struggling to find a movie to catch my kids attention for like the last three months. Everything that we've showed them has not hit Suddenly this week I had the brilliant idea to remember that the movie Night of the Museum existed, and my kids have fallen in love with it. And now we've already watched the first two and my wife never knew there was a third one, and I guess there's an animated fourth film, and my children have already said that these are scheduled. Over the next few days we will be finishing out that franchise.
Speaker 3: It's been fun. There's so many faces in both of those movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and been still er mounts tension.
Speaker 3: Is that the name of the horse all right? Remindered anybody that came in late.
Speaker 2: There is the banner going across the bottom to answer the Deaf Crocodile giveaway. Please post either on Twitter or Blue Sky. Literally anything positive about any physical media release doesn't have to be deaf crocodile related anything at all. Use the hashtag positivity and tag both the Disconnected and Deaf Crocodile. We will be checking in on that and Craig will choose us Winter. When we get to that point in the show.
Speaker 4: Jeremy says, Damn, I've always had a soft spot for Night at the Museum franchise. Yeah, in your skull because it never grew.
Speaker 3: Over. Let's repay. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Jeremy is texting me saying that I missed a comment about Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 3: Is it just this was a price that I loved, Baby Girl Halloween related or Howling Heling three related? Anyways, I don't know what's going on. I will leave it there because I didn't see anything.
Speaker 4: Speaking of new watches, I was just going up to see if Josie DeMarco just put a bunch of was that she had seen and was asking if we had seen any of them. Geez, only kat bloo you that's a bunch of huge list of movies I want to see. I definitely want to see the nineteen sixty seven but dazzled that Stanley Donnan did well.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you about she was listening some awards for some of her first time watches and Strange Days ran away with a bunch of them.
Speaker 3: Have you have you seen Strange Days? Oh? That was that?
Speaker 4: Was that Catherine Bigelow that I saw that back in my video store days on a VH. I need to watch that again. I don't remember much about it.
Speaker 3: It's a good one. We really need a boutique release of that near dark already female trouble.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. Yeah, I've seen that one many times.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: We had a bunch of these though I've never seen before. She's got good taste. There is Jeremy's comment.
Speaker 2: Jeremy says, somehow exploring sexuality feels good in a place like this.
Speaker 3: It was an AMD joke.
Speaker 4: Nice, it was a safe space, oh amc.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, you want to get into any of your lists or rants before we do announcements for the week.
Speaker 4: It's your show man, You tell me how you want to do things.
Speaker 2: I'm just here to support you. I know that you need love ones in a time like this.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, it's been so stressful, and you know, you think about it, like, what are we stressing about?
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of bullshit.
Speaker 4: We're we're in a population a global population decline, which is great news for the climate. But you know, nothing means anything. We're here for a while and then we're gone. And so what's important is that we spend time together and try to love one another. And I can definitely say that I feel positively towards many of you in the chat.
Speaker 3: I love the word positivity tonight, just going everywhere.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't just throw around love Willy Nelly like some kind of one time tension mounter.
Speaker 3: I love that the word choice is gonna be the joke of the night already. Plan nine reciprocates I love you too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I love you guys. It's weird like last year. And I mean I'm not talking about all the political things. I know it upsets people.
Speaker 3: As you wear a rainbow shirt.
Speaker 4: Or any of them. Well, this is this is pure virtue signaling on the part of someone. But like you know, this came out at a certain hasn't been what are we talking about? Oh yeah, you know, twenty twenty four was such a weird year. You know, you got all the politicking things going on and the general slide into dictatorships, but like our democracy is any better? Who can say? And then there's you know, all the wars and everything and people dying. I won't get into it. You all know what I'm talking about. You can, you can google and Google actually started a coup. But anyway, all that stuff's happening. But then we just think about our own day to day lives, right, like all that all that matters is the price of eggs and or, if you're a vegetarian, the price of legumes. And my point is, like the day to day of twenty twenty four was this weird combination of like best year ever and worst year ever. And we talked about it several times over the course of the year, like we were well aware that twenty twenty four was both the best in the worst year that we were living through. And at least I know you and I felt that way many times, and I'm sure others have felt about it. And I'm getting a call to talk about films, to which I'll reply, you know, all of this effects films. This is we're getting there, you know, not to mention, take a b break if you don't like what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You and I share a lot of those sentiments about physical media too, like it was one of the best years of physical media ever.
Speaker 3: Also a lot of not great science and we're going to talk about a lot of that after the announcements.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is and that's actually a prelude to some of the discussion that we're going to have later about the future of physical media and the feelings that some people in the industry have the future physical medium. And you know, all right, I'll dance for whoever wants me to dance. What's the first announcement of the week.
Speaker 2: Well, the first announcement of the week. We've already covered a bunch of other stuff, so we'll just we'll let that be for now.
Speaker 4: But so Silent Animal rules. You know, it's funny like one hundred people will say something nice and then one person says something mean and it ruins your whole day, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, I get it. But anyway, yeah, yeah, anyways, Yeah, we're gonna talk about that the whole sort of spectrum of feelings about this last year in physical media, because there's a lot of there's a lot of great things, a lot of good trends, also some things to worry about, so we're gonna discuss those in full obviously deep dive on shelf Shock rewind Tonight, we're going to discuss a bunch of stuff that Will wants to see on Blue Rain above. Possibly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got more than ten. I'll tell you that as usual.
Speaker 3: All right on that point, let's uh, let's let's get started.
Speaker 4: Uh we guys, Sorry, Beary of the Tick said was it you? And I want to say, Tick, if it was you, I didn't. I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: We Will wants to say the chad was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the chat's great.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: I'm just a person like the rest of you. I mean sure, I was on a two part episode of aeros Blis Massacre, which was kind of a big deal. But other than that, I'm a person just like the rest of you, and I'm just happy to be here, you know, talking to the regular people. Yeah, yeah, trying to stay ground and holding This is what I'm doing fireside chats. I'm holding space with all of the lyrics in the chat.
Speaker 2: By the way, what I said was no, the chad was great, not the chat that was a Charlie's Angels reference based on Barry's comment was, what is it me?
Speaker 3: Anyways?
Speaker 2: Oh, let's talk about Things to Do in Denver when You're Dead, which is coming on four K from Keno soon. Eventually this was a Blu ray release by Imprint in Australia. But yeah, we got to come in from four K from Keno on four K.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about this movie?
Speaker 4: So I got a story about this that has nothing to do with it. The director of Things to Do in Denver when You're Dead also did a movie called Runaway Jury right two thousand and three with John Cusack, Dustin Hoffman, Gene Hackman, and Rachel Wise and so there's some other people too, But I had no reason ever to see Runaway Jury. And then I'm listening to the Black Friday podcast of Seven Films and they're talking to this this Claire Donner, who with the perfect name for it, specializes in cannibal films, and she did the commentaries for some of their cannibal movies and essays and stuff like that, and I hadn't I wasn't familiar with her work previously, but I thought she was a great interview subject and so I followed her on Instagram, like as you do these days, to try to make connections and stuff. And the first thing that comes across my screen after following her is her talking about seeing Runaway Jury because there was a beetlejuice joke in it, and she said in the post the beatle juke, the beetlejuice joke is not funny and also has no reason to be in the movie, and that's what intrigued me. So I sat through this two hour and fifteen minute long movie, and boy, you want to talk about politicking, This was woke before woke was woke. It's a bunch of it's a bunch of do gooders trying to sue the gun industry. And originally the movie was going to be a do gooders suing tobacco industry, but the Insider came out while the movie was in development, so they were like, oh shit, we got to sue somebody else guns, and because it's a fantasy, they went But anyway, there's this beetlejuice joke in there that has nothing to do with anything, and Claire was right, it's not funny, But I saw it anyway, and I'm not going to tell you what the joke is, just in case someone else can take on the curse. This is my version of smile.
Speaker 2: This is the longest story, not about things to do in Denver when you're dead. Out things to do in Denver when you're dead.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, like like things to do in Denver when you're dead. Runaway jury is super derivative, derivative.
Speaker 3: I really enjoy things to do in Denver when you're dead.
Speaker 2: Fun freaking movie, great cast, Andy Garcia, Christopher Walking, Christopher Lloyd, Bill Forsyth, Bill None Treat, Williams, Stevie Shemy Fry's if I rousa bulk Alk can't speak, Bill Cobbs, Jenny McCarthy, Don Chetle, fun fun cast.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, I don't think I've seen this. What am I talking about? I was talking about Eric Stoltz movie No Idea. Well anyway, same directors.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the next time.
Speaker 2: Crack in the World from nineteen sixty five coming on Blu Ray from Keno Someday.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the that's how you mount tension. That's the avenue.
Speaker 2: That is the avenue. I know you wanted to talk about this. Technicolor Joy tell us about cracking the world.
Speaker 4: I love the tagline. Thank god, it's only a motion picture.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: Who made this one?
Speaker 3: This is Andrew Martin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have no idea, all right, but it looks like a disaster movie. That's that's my that's my that's my take, considered opinion.
Speaker 2: So science miscalculates underground, Adam bomb explodes Earth's core, and the world totters on the brink of destruction.
Speaker 3: How is that no goes straight to tottering. It's quite a leap.
Speaker 4: Holy shit. I mean, you know, it's one thing to teeter, but you're totter. That's like a whole new level of emergency.
Speaker 2: Not to mention the second tagline, Today's terrifying look into what might happen tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Whoa, that's messing with my That's incredible. Crescin wrote this.
Speaker 3: Oh man, all right, going to going to our next one? Uh oh, we're just teeing up wheel for jokes all night. Paul from twenty eleven getting a four K release from Keno soon. This is directed by Greg Mottola, who also did Super Bad starring Simon Peg Nick Frost, Uh, what do you think about this one?
Speaker 4: I heard it was super bad.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: This movie is a damn lot of fun. It's not a masterpiece, but it's fun for sure. Okay, Stan No, nothing revealed on the Paul release yet. I hope they do at least a commentary, but we shall see.
Speaker 4: Well, if it's an alien invasion, I would hide my crack in the world, otherwise might get probed.
Speaker 3: Posse for a lot of people. This is the announcement of the week.
Speaker 2: This is coming on Blu ray from Keno from nineteen seventy five four K scan of the OCN starring Kirk Douglas, Bruce Dern, Bo Hopkins.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you've seen this one.
Speaker 4: I have not, but I am prepared to be knocked off my horse.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've not seen Posse either, but damnocass.
Speaker 4: Great tagline so far. This episode. Posse begins like most Westerns, it ends like none of them. It will knock you off your you'll, you'll, you'll.
Speaker 3: Totter, It goes straight to tottering.
Speaker 4: You'll totter all the way off, all right.
Speaker 2: Coming in late February from the seventh site. It'll get a March twenty fifth wide release. They are releasing a Blu ray collection of the Blood Island Films. Now, this is surprising because many of you might remember they released the complete Blood Island Films. What four years ago, three, three and a half years ago, five years ago, something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it came with it came with a drink stir and a recipe for sure did for a mixed drink. I can't remember the name of it, but I tried.
Speaker 2: It came with a Blood Island swizzle stick.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is coming out.
Speaker 2: And what they said here is all four films have been scanned, uncut in four K with improved and audio. There are no new special features, but all of the extras carryovers. So this whole package now is everything that was released in the first box set in a smaller package for your shelf at a cheaper price point, in higher quality.
Speaker 4: I listened to the Severn podcasts today actually, in which they discussed this, and it sounds like an almost complete restoration of one of the films, I forget which one, and then significant improvements to the other three. So listening to Andrew for Toato talk about it sounded like this is more than just a cash grab, like it's an actual YEP restoration that happily is half the width of their original box set. And as Craig was pointing out, my new towers are full, making room might be worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the the shelf space argument is a huge argument nowadays. I I kind of want to get this for sure. It sounds like a pretty big undertaking. And I had heard that they might have been working on this, so this this must have been something they've been doing for quite some time.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, and I say this not shilling because I don't have anybody to shill for because.
Speaker 3: You wear a Severn shirt. I just want to point out.
Speaker 4: Well, it just I just have to man.
Speaker 3: Odd.
Speaker 4: But no, I was like, I was looking at the nominees for the Shelf Shock Rewind and like thinking about the annual slate. Yeah, it's gonna be a tough call. Severn had an incredible year, but so did you know several other of the big, the big, big labels. It's uh, it's going to be hard to decide.
Speaker 2: Even some of the smaller slate labels that one is really really close to Cold wants to know. Think we'll see update versions of the hemispheres. Vampire films. I'm gonna guess no on those ones unless they didn't say anything on the podcast episode.
Speaker 3: I assume no. I mean no, they didn't. As far as I'm aware, they had the best elements at the time. I don't see those getting a.
Speaker 2: Big update like this ever, right, I could see them maybe getting like a region B release eventually, but we'll see.
Speaker 4: They did say some things that made me pretty excited about twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Five though, Yeah, always excited about their stuff.
Speaker 4: And those things both begin with f Franco and.
Speaker 3: Frost Ah more Frost. Oh yeah, nice.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to our next one, which is promise her anything from nineteen sixty six coming on Blue from Keno someday eventually. Brand new HD Masters starring Warren Batty, Leslie, Karen Coron, Robert Cummings, directed by Arthur Hiller.
Speaker 3: I love Leslie, Leslie Karen. All right, I have not seen this. Looks like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks pretty typical of sixties rom cons, harass an assault until she gives in.
Speaker 3: Promise her anything but take her to our picture first, all right?
Speaker 4: Steffino seventy five says it's not pronounced Karen, please regale me with the correct pronunciation.
Speaker 3: Cattro?
Speaker 4: Is it corone?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I just speak enough.
Speaker 2: Oh that was pretty accurate, Stan says Karen.
Speaker 3: All right, fucking looking it up.
Speaker 2: Ronnie wants to know why Warren Batty looks like James Garner. There, yeah, I could see that a little bit.
Speaker 4: Huh well the Internet, says Karen.
Speaker 3: Do you hear that? Yes, it's Steppino says.
Speaker 2: Love, you millennials not knowing how to produce older actors' names. For the record, I believe Will is firmly gen x as he literally can't figure out how to unmute.
Speaker 4: No, I know how to ummute. I was listening to a French guy. The French guy said keron okay, but the English person said ken Well the French guys did.
Speaker 3: So, Thanks Adam, super Love.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to our next one, def Crocodile's big release for this month. This is coming on Blu Ray shipping at the end of January. It is the Cathedral of New Emotions from two thousand and six. This is the box art and this is one that we actually teased way back when when we were in la As. You might recognize some of the imagery here that Craig was speaking about on our show. And then here is the front cover of the standard edition. This one is on a short list with Belladon of Sadness and Fantastic Planet. Is one of the most surreal, psychedelic, truly cosmic animated features ever made. We got some short films on this as well, new commentary by historian Ralph Geesen, new visual Say It by Stephen Brumer from Canada. And then of course the deluxe edition is going to have a sixty page booklet. We'll have a USA by Alexander MacDonald and the residents Walt Chaw, who is in every single release. Yes, this is included in your sub Silent mandible. If you are a subscriber, you will be getting this for the month of January.
Speaker 4: Laughing at the chat. Yeah, very excited to see this. The teas that we got last summer was pretty pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I forgot to say, since stand mentioned it, I did watch Did I say that last time I watched Alien.
Speaker 3: Romulus you did not update us on that.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, so I've now completed the series. I liked the class commentary and there's a great sequence of Zero Gravity, Alien Blood like she blows away a couple of aliens and then turns off the gravity so their acid blood is floating and she has to like go through it. So the porn parody is just gonna be awesome.
Speaker 3: Alien Bramulus.
Speaker 4: Oh that's awful.
Speaker 3: There's probably something better we could do there. What's going on? Sam? Well?
Speaker 4: Anyway, I didn't hate it. I had expected it to be scarier and bloodier, but it wasn't. But I would put it in the top three, top four of the series.
Speaker 2: Nice all right, that was deaf crocodized titles.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see this shit.
Speaker 3: Man, it's it's It looks really good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wonder what emotions they're going to be. I mean, they'll all be new to me.
Speaker 2: Yes, Alien rem your boss, Alien Remulus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I figured that's where people are gonna go.
Speaker 3: Mine was the softcore version. I guess probably. Uh. Hey.
Speaker 2: February third, DBC in the UK is releasing Gavin and Stacey the Complete Collection for all you James Corden fans.
Speaker 4: Oh, celebrate the band entire catalog.
Speaker 2: Supposedly, and I'm not gonna say I've ever seen this, but supposedly they just did an updated like Christmas Special and it made a bunch of people like genuinely weepy because it was so good.
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't know, I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: Whatever. Well, that's a that's a specialty of British sitcoms, as they'll do like a special or a final episode that like manipulates people into being sad. I mean they do that and everything from Blackadder to the Office.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 4: I will say this, and I don't want to be controversial or anything, but I fucking hate James Gordon. I've never met him, I never will meet him, and like maybe he's a great person in real life, don't really care. Like I I have a visceral reaction to his voice and his and this is just the sight of him that makes me angry. Angry is not the right word. I think I actually need to watch The Cathedral of New Emotions to get the right vocabulary for how I feel about James Gordon.
Speaker 3: All right, I are do we dig into him enough? I mean probably not.
Speaker 4: There's all kinds of you know how, like the news media likes to write stories taking down celebrities because that's how the news media spends its time. So there have been plenty of takedowns of James Gordon. I don't need to pile on like right now. My main concern is, you know, the reputation of Blake Lively. That's what I've been you know, fuck the elections, what about Blake Lively? Is she okay?
Speaker 3: Just discuss that on another show. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And actually I'm I don't want to don't get this twisted. I'm team Lively. I have no doubt she is telling the truth about what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're making those kinds of demands that it's pretty obvious.
Speaker 4: I like Blake Lively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she just kicks up. Yeah, all right, let's keep going Fun City Editions. This is the next one, Baby It's You from nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 2: Coming on Blu Ray in twenty twenty five from Fun City with Rosanna Arquette Vincent'spano.
Speaker 3: You Ran Away. I feel like you wanted to talk about this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do, Okay, I love Baby It's You. It is so well talk about getting emotional, like you will laugh and cry and it will be a totally authentic reaction. Because John Sales is a masterful filmmaker. The performances are absolutely amazing. I'm so glad that this is getting a real release, a real boutique release, and I call upon the rest of the boutiques to give us Brother from Another Planet, Costadelo's Babies, Men with Guns, Limbo, Leanna, Return to the Silcacca Seven, Passion Fish, Silver City, and any other John Sales movies that have not yet been released in high definition, Secret of Roan Nish. The list goes on and on. I love John Sales. I love this movie in particular. It's a great love story coming to an age movie. Plus stando, somebody who's in it? I want twenty twenty five to be a Sales of Sants Well said, that's it. Uh, yes, maybe it's you. Was released on Olive God like a decade to go now. It was not a good restoration or anything like that. This is gonna be much much better, guaranteed. Oh yeah, Ronnie, give us Leanna one of the you know what cinematograph. If they had done Leanna instead of Go Fish, it would have sold better. But you should buy Go Fish too. It's a good movie. I stand for Goldfish, Go Go Go Fish. Also Goldfish.
Speaker 3: Oh well, that was a lot, all right.
Speaker 2: Next title Wicked from this last year's We got some details on this one, coming on February fourth, in a Walmart exclusive four KSE deal book a standard four K Blu Ray DVD. There there is that giant limited edition gifts that they're doing as well. But the biggest thing is when these things make money, they actually sometimes put attention and care into the extras. This thing is gonna have a fucked ton of them. You've got two different commentaries coming on this, a full single long version, a bunch of deleted and extended scenes, a good like three or four different featurettes. This is the way to do a studio release. Love that they're adding so much onto this, Okay, I mean just because it may not be for you, I'm glad that they're putting attention into a studio.
Speaker 4: Physical Yeah, but because it's not for me, I don't care.
Speaker 3: You can still advocate for it, will positivity.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm an American and I only care about what directly affects me.
Speaker 2: Right now, touche, So right now, let's talk about Truth be Told, coming on February twenty fifth on Blu Ray from fifth season.
Speaker 3: Now, this one, as far as I can tell.
Speaker 2: It is interesting because Fifth Season is the production company to put this on Apple TV and so you can pick this up going straight from streaming to Blu Ray Glad we're getting another one. This show included Aaron Paul Keate Hudson, Gabrielle Union, and Octavia Spencer. And uh, sounds pretty good to anybody see this because I kind of want to see this.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of this. But wait, I'm I want to have a more important question. Colton, welcome. Where in Kentucky are you from?
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: Did I must pronounce go fish?
Speaker 3: Well? You said gold.
Speaker 4: Goldfish fish applash and word of the day GoFish? Hey, hey man, you got any money?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: GoFish?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Colton? Definitely tell will where you are there? You go Cave County originally, but living louis Oh wow.
Speaker 4: You probably think you live in Ohio. Then love, there's a love think there in.
Speaker 3: The big city at levelle.
Speaker 4: You know. I love about Kentucky is the pronunciations. It's Louisville, but if you if you drive down the roadways will be in Versailles.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 4: I love living in Kentucky. Uh, you know, other than the crushing poverty rampant illiteracy and uh and uh abuse of the extractive coal companies. Other than that, it's a wonderful place. No, I love Kentucky. I used to go to. You just go to Louis for the cult, for culture. When you need culture, you go to Louis. The rest of the time, you just try to.
Speaker 3: Survive, all right. That is truth be told.
Speaker 2: Next up Keno up to their Deep Star six release to go four K soon.
Speaker 3: This is a good movie. I think this might be Sean Cunningham's best movie. How do you feel about Deep Star six.
Speaker 4: It's probably his best movie. It's a good one. I need to see it again. I haven't seen it since the VHS days and now it's four K wow soon.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah. This comes from the year of Aquatic Hore of course, nineteen eighty nine when some of the biggest ones came out. Yeah, damn, good movie.
Speaker 2: I think most people that have never seen it, I think you'd appreciate it. And now if you don't have the other Blue, this is the best time to get it, so.
Speaker 4: You can now get three. Sean S. Cunningham films in four K his segment and Trapped ashes, Deep Star six and for the thirteenth. I can't think of many filmmakers who have that high a percentage of their filmography so lovingly Rema.
Speaker 3: Good point, how many of his?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he hasn't. He didn't direct that many movies. No, he didn't, Like he's got more than a scraven at this point. That's not true, because I think I think he's tired.
Speaker 3: Never mind.
Speaker 2: Next, The convert from twenty twenty three getting a Blu Ray release in the UK from Vertigo Releasing The Stars Guy Pierce. This is coming on January twenty seventh, And this one's supposedly pretty good. I don't think he's been available in the US much yet, says when a lay preacher played by gay Guy Pierce, not Gay Pierce, Guy Pierce arrives at a British settlement in eighteen thirties New Zealand, his violent past is drawn into question and his faith put to the test as he finds himself caught in the middle of a bloody war between Maori tribes. Yeah, this is supposedly decent.
Speaker 4: Patres are my favorite kind.
Speaker 3: Especially when played by Gaye Pierce. Yeah, that dude's handsome man. Yeah, he's done some good stuff.
Speaker 4: I'll give it up.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right. Apple TV Plus doing their free preview weekend this weekend. What do they have.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to jest and say not a lot, but the truth is I just don't have Apple TV, so I don't see it. They've got that Ted Lasso show, They've got that Kurt Russell's Kid and the Godzilla show.
Speaker 4: Oh that is terrible, dude, I tried. It's a boring.
Speaker 3: A bunch of people love it.
Speaker 4: Oh they're brainwashed. They're just like tide you good. It's not good. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: The big show, though, is seventh season one and then season two just released.
Speaker 4: Oh that's the one where you didn't we talk about this before.
Speaker 3: Well, the first season is getting a Blu Ray release, so we might have talked about it for that.
Speaker 4: That's the one where you go to work and you're one person and then you get off of work and you're a different person.
Speaker 3: That's just America.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sounded like a great shot.
Speaker 2: A bunch of people love an Apple TV Plus. It sounds like in the chat, well, only in Tragedy of Macbeth. I didn't know they had Tragedy of Macbeth.
Speaker 4: It's got at ted Lasso, it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yeah, And like CloudMade said, I've I've heard great things about slow horses kills The flower Moon definitely worth it, Matthew. If you haven't seen it yet, mm hmm. Platonic good.
Speaker 4: You can watch Neath the Arizona Skies and it's only fifty five minutes and it's pretty much the same story.
Speaker 3: Gay Pearce is in the version of Meli you scene. I'll pick that up.
Speaker 2: Uh, speaking of Mili scene, let's get to our Vinegar Syndrome announcements.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This, of course is smack dab right now in the middle of subscriber week, so we're gonna be covering stuff this week and more titles coming out.
Speaker 3: To discuss next week.
Speaker 2: If you have questions about all the Vinegar Syndrome stuff, I know one of the big lingering things. Not everybody has Facebook, but Vinegar Syndrome posted on Facebook that all of and it's crazy that we're still talking about this, but Black Friday sales posts those are.
Speaker 3: Going out by next week at the latest.
Speaker 2: If you don't have yours yet, fear not, don't send an email until about a week from tomorrow, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: That it will last that long. That's about six weeks total. But yes, it is a lot any questions while we go through this. Let us know.
Speaker 2: First up four K from Vinegar Syndrome as part of their VSU line is Virtuosity from nineteen ninety five. This is one of their big fancy magnet class box releases with a slip on the inside and a big book, Virtuosities from ninety five, starring Denzel Crow, Tracy Lord's amongst some other big names. This has a commentary with Brett Leonard and Jim Branscombe, commentary.
Speaker 3: With Walt Shaw on this one as well.
Speaker 2: Some interviews, and then we've got a feature red on assembling the cast, and then of course the booklet.
Speaker 3: Like I mentioned.
Speaker 2: Virtuosity, will Tracy Lords? Is that Tracy Lords is in this?
Speaker 4: I might check it out then, I don't know. I'm sympathetic to some commenters on various boards who are like, I'd like to see Virtuosity, but like sixty bucks or whatever. The price point is if you're not a subscriber, what is it like? So if you're a subscriber, it's like forty it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like thirty eight something like that.
Speaker 4: At forty Wow, that's a lot of virtuosity. I mean, that's like going to a theater with a friend and paying for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot in popcorn. But it's four K. It's got a magnet. There's a magnet in it. I don't know about that cover art. It's okay, I.
Speaker 3: Guess it's Sizzy for sure.
Speaker 4: It's the guy who directed lawnmower Man. Right, yes, yes, Well depends on how you go about the lawnmower Man.
Speaker 3: Uh. Sid wants to know.
Speaker 2: I want to know Will feels about the Shuttle Vonnegut Shuttle Vonnaguet reference with every title announcement.
Speaker 4: Huh, I think you meant subtle? Yes he did, which does Do you know what that word means? Cidny oh Man, what's the subtle Vonneguet reference? I guess it's too subtle for me, so it goes Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have not seen this one. I don't think this one eluded me.
Speaker 4: It slips through the crack in the world.
Speaker 2: At least it's only a motion picture. All right, we'll get We'll go to our next one. Ranged The Confessions of a Necrophile in four K from Vinegar Syndrome. This month, this one is newly scanned and restored. In four K. We get a commentary with the writer and co director, a commentary with Tom Savigni, commentary with Richard Harlan Smith, interview with the special effects artist Tom Savigni, Brian Smiegel, interview with Nightmare and USA author Stephen Thrower. Archival documentary. And this is one that's had a few releases before, but if you've never had it before, this looks to be the one to get play on the ED Game story.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about to Range?
Speaker 4: This is like the closest to the actual ED Game story. Yes, I really like this movie. I'm very excited about this release. My big Christmas present from my wife was permission to renew my subscription, and I was not sure if I was going to do it even with permission, But then when I saw this, I was like, Man, I'm doing it. I'm doing it. Bringing in the politics. Look at it goes with the title. Look at that. I love to arrange though, Like, if you haven't seen Arranged, I highly recommend. Yes, Blossom was in Home alone. He's deranged in this movie. He's estranged in.
Speaker 3: That perfect all right.
Speaker 2: This next one is pretty big for a Bunch of People, Curse of the Devil, The Vampire's Night Orgy, and Demon Witch Child from nineteen seventy three nineteen seventy five, all coming in a three disc region free set. Paul Nashy obviously a big one for many fans of physical media. These are presented their original Spanish language soundtracks with newly translated English subs along with their English language dubs. On these, You've got some interviews on this, including with Angel Sala from the Citrus Film Festival. Sergio Molina, son of Paul Nashy, is interviewed as well. You get some alternate scenes. Yeah, this looks like a mighty big release, especially for somebody like will.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm super excited to get rid of my old DVD. Big fan of Chris of the Devil. Haven't seen the other two, but hey, looks great. Vampire's Night Orgy, which I mean it's to be assumed. I don't really need to specify what time of day it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this looks like a fun release.
Speaker 4: I just say Vampire's Ergy and people will get the drift.
Speaker 2: It doesn't happen at eleven am, right, all right, that is the Nashy title. Next up the Seventh Curse and which from Nepal double feature coming from Vinegar Syndrome. Here is the outer box and the inner slip cover that will be on this one. The Seventh Curse got a hard box release from eighty eight Films just a few years ago.
Speaker 3: And that was a.
Speaker 2: Perhaps slightly blown out of proportion, but slightly controversial release based on the quality of the audio. And this one is not only including a second film, but this is newly color graded and restored by VS from the studio supplied masters. This has a new commentary by Frank Jang, newly translated English subs new commentary with Sam Degan and Mike White. Mike is from the Projection Booth podcast. And then we all know Sam of course. And then on the second title, which from Nepal, Frank Jang also did a commentary for that one. There's a visual essay by Sam Deagan on here as well. There's a lot that could have made this release, I think a little bit better, but it looks like a nice double feature. There's a Vinegar Syndrom had a chance to get some pieces from the laser disc that you can't get anywhere else that would have been on here, and they just simply chose not.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 2: Could have been a nice release, and it's still gonna be a great release. Just could have been a modicum better.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess it depends on how you feel about the modicum. I do have the eighty eight film's version, but it sounds like this is going to be a fairly substantial upgrade, plus the second.
Speaker 2: Film and on top of that eighty eight films. We're gonna be talking about it. But they're also releasing which from Nepauls soon on its own, just in case you have the old seventh Curse and you don't want to upgrade.
Speaker 4: Damn, and I now have a modicum of of prevarication.
Speaker 3: Well at least you're getting this as part of the sub anyways.
Speaker 4: Did I say that right perverication? Nope, that's not what that means. Well you tried, I used that word wrongly.
Speaker 2: Some new merch went up at the same time. They are offering this real school rainbow holographic screen print the same design in a glow in the Dark T shirt. They also put the design on a skate deck that sold out within minutes, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: Virtual insanity sticker.
Speaker 2: That particularly been using to advertise this the subscriber week. And then they also put out a hockey puck, an actual hockey puck.
Speaker 4: For all the active vincen Vans out there.
Speaker 3: For skate decks and hockey pucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before watching movies all day, I think I'll go out and break my knees.
Speaker 2: Yes, Partner labels are next already. Okay, so Vinegar Center stuff. First off, how do you feel about the opening slate? We're gonna talk about like the year teases and all that soon, but how do you feel about January starting the year off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 4: Three really good titles in my view, I like Seventh Curse a lot, and as I indicated, a love Curse of the Devil and Deranged so and because I don't pay attention to any hints or anything, I had no idea any of them we're going to be announced, So it was a very pleasant surprise virtuosity. You know, I feel the same as Congo. I'm glad it's out there. Like Congo, it's got an actor in a small role that I really like. So yeah, I never really paid much attention to the merch, but I mean people who are into that great.
Speaker 2: You know, them putting out six titles in January is a pretty interesting sign. It was three releases, six titles, triple feature, double feature, the single film. That's nice for subscribers obviously to be able to get that much bang for your buck. Already, it looks decent. We'll talk more about the full year slate in just a little bit, but we got all these partner label things to discuss. Yeah, first is The Canyons from twenty thirteen. This is a Paul Schrader film written by Brett Easton Ellis, starring Lindsay Loewen, James Dean man Brooks, Gus van Zant. This is one I've not been able to see, but I've been dying to see this.
Speaker 4: This was shot in the crack in the world.
Speaker 3: In the canyon.
Speaker 4: Well, so this had a previous blu ray that's out print. You know, this was this was the movie that people made, you know, made fun of this was this was kind of like Paul Schrader's like totally lost it. But now there's like a Schrader assance And I think I'm just gonna say tons of filmmakers' names and add assance at the end of it. But there really has been a reappraisal of Paul Schrader's work lately. And last year what do we have? American Jigglow? Four K? Touch right touch came on cinematograph, something else came out.
Speaker 3: To one of uh, one of his classics on shout got a four K? Right?
Speaker 4: Which one? I forget? I know cat people already had a four K. Well, anyway, point is a bunch of this stuff has been and re released, and he's got that new movie what's it called On Your Knees or something? What's it called?
Speaker 3: It's definitely not called On your Knees?
Speaker 4: The new one with Richard Gear Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh oh Canada, Oh Canada?
Speaker 4: What did I say? On your knee?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Hardcore came out last year too, that's right? What not on four K? Just blu Ray from Kino? Oh blue Collar?
Speaker 3: I think was the four K that's been reapprised.
Speaker 4: Blue Collar got a four K? I just have the twilight time of hardcore?
Speaker 3: I think? So I may be wrong? What Okay, it was not four K? I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, get out of here. But anyway, I have not read a single good review of the canyons, But I do plan on checking this out.
Speaker 2: It's up in the air. Some people love it, some people hate it all right. That is from IFC. By the way, they were the ones that put out the original Blu ray, and that one out of.
Speaker 3: Print, and so now it's just back.
Speaker 4: In print, okay, with a flipcover, with the.
Speaker 2: Slipcover and new extras, new video interview with Paul Schrader, New audio commentary booklet with an essay by Mitchell Beauprey from Letterbox who's been on the show. There's a lot. Yeah, it's a fully, fully released, brand new version.
Speaker 3: Man, this is wild.
Speaker 2: Bleeding Skull is here with a four K release of Disembodied from nineteen ninety eight. For some reason, the back of the slipcover did not make it out on my Instagram, so I can't share that. But this says indebted to David Lynch's Eraserhad Edward's Plan nine from Outter Space and Frank Candelauder's Brain Damage. Disembodied is a cinematic acid trip that blurs the line between horror and experimental art. The story follows Connie Sprout's, a gothed out scientist who checks into the decrepit Grand Hotel to continue her experiments and turn people into slime before eating them. Shot in Reno by director William Kirsten on gritty sixteen millimeter film. This DIY Passion project is filled with stop motion effects, gory, bodyhore and surrealist visuals. This will have a two disc release, one four K, one blu ray. We've got a commentary with the director William Kirston, moderated by Lance from Unsung Horror, Friend of the show. We got an interview with Anastasia Wolverton and Hanna Nice who are in the film. We've got the Japanese VHS introduction and trailer. You've also got the VHS version on this. There's also a twenty sixteen director's cut and a booklet behind the scenes photos and an essay by Anni Choi from Bleeding Skull.
Speaker 4: Definitely want to see this, but I have a question if it was shot on gritty sixteen milimeter film, which I assume is cheaper than regular Yes, onn gritty sixteen milimeter, Like, personally, I'll shell out for the non gritty sixteen milimeter, but I'm not sure what the point of a four K restoration.
Speaker 2: Man, So I can share in that because one of the perks if you sign up for the Disconnected Patreon is getting into the discord. And one of the members of the discord is Justin the Liberty from Vinegar Syndrome, who said that he helped produce this disc and helped talk them into four K because the colors in this deserve the HDR and it looked really great, and so they figured an upgrade to four K.
Speaker 3: Would be well worth it for that fact alone.
Speaker 4: Hmm, well, I think Justin's will lifting too much money ont of my wallet.
Speaker 3: It was a pretty decent pun.
Speaker 4: But I'm definitely into this.
Speaker 2: Next is Dream Team, coming from Yellow Veil Pictures. This is a twenty twenty four film and this is an absurdist homage to nineties basic cable TV thrillers.
Speaker 3: This sounds kind of interesting. Commentary go ahead.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, when I first saw the title, I was like the Michael Keaton movie.
Speaker 3: But unfortunately though, but it sounds it sounds fun.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, say what it is.
Speaker 2: Commentary with the filmmakers, are gonna be honest, Interview with the visual effects artists, Interview with the composers, Interview with the executive producer, theatrical trailer essay by Mark ash and that is that. Yeah, the tag for this one. But by the way, a postmodern softcore fever dream.
Speaker 4: Well fevers will do that to you.
Speaker 3: They are speaking right to will with that huckle is here from the canalog. This is coming on Blu Ray this month and this is a four K digital restoration using the original image negative and the original digital sound master, carried out by the National Film Institute of Hungary. This will have an interview with some of the filmmakers, co writers, some short films, booklet with an essay by Josh Hurtado. The complete script is on this as well. And that is a hell of a slipcover. When you realize those are two pigs doing.
Speaker 4: It, I'll be a huckleby. Of course the script is in Hungarians, so yeah, I want to have your Google translate and I assume it's I assume it's an English translation to the script.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes it is.
Speaker 2: And I've only seen great reviews of this movie. This is supposed to be incredible.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not a religious man, but a lot of people are. And I gotta say the physical act of copulation, regardless of species, is very funny and awkward.
Speaker 3: I was so waiting for you to say, I don't I don't know, but this film looks kind of rum No.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying, like, if God is, if God is like omniscient and omni benevolent and omnipotent, why do we do it like this?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: Why are those why are those pigs doing that? Why do they have to go through that? I mean, look, I'm not knocking it. In fact, I am knocking it. I'm knocking any chance I get, I'm knocking it. But I'm just saying it's awkward at times. It seems like there could be a more I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh anyway, miracles.
Speaker 4: My point is the miracle of life is awkward.
Speaker 3: Uh. Speaking of wow, what a weird transition this is about to be? Uh? Speaking of the miracle of life. If you love physical media, don't forget to enter the giveaway for Deaf Crocodile. If you if you came in late on this, UH post either on Twitter or Blue Sky anything positive about any physical movie release. UH use the hashtag positivity and tag both the Disconnected and Deaf Crocodile and Craig is gonna be picking a winner here in just about probably half an hour or so, So get tagging. Uh, sib wants me to try pronouncing that director's name.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Yorgi, Paalfy. It's not Paul Fie. It's probably pale fee.
Speaker 4: Parnick. What's wrong with Parnick.
Speaker 3: Parnick? Oh h h oh.
Speaker 4: I was looking at the DP speaking of pigs fucking I was looking at the DP. You're here, You're you poffy.
Speaker 2: Go to the next one influencer. This is coming on Blu Ray from Shutter this month, which influencer was pretty divisive. This one is directed by Curtis David What is.
Speaker 3: Up athologies innuendos Curtis David Harder Uh uh Roddy was asking, was somebody's house was broken into? And no that was uh Will's wife wanting ice in a cop No, it wasn't Will's daughter wanting ice in a cup.
Speaker 4: That was my teenage child.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is going to have an audio commentary with the director, uh, and then the cinematographer, David Sherman is on there as well, audio commentary with the director and two of the actresses. Some deleted extended scenes, A book of a new writing by Molly Henry.
Speaker 3: I've not seen Influencer. I doubt this is one you've seen.
Speaker 4: No, but I'll definitely check it out now that I know it's Tom Shutter. I really appreciate being able to check all the Shutter titles out before buying.
Speaker 2: And speaking of that, there's some of the titles that got some pretty great reviews, and I hope we get some of those, Like Mads is supposed to be amazing. I've not been able to watch yet. I would love to see a good partner label release of that, all right, That is Influencer.
Speaker 3: Next up is.
Speaker 2: Jacker and Dissent to Hell. This is coming from Saturn's Core Audio and Video. These are they look great? These look so damn fun. Saturn's Core continues to knock some of these out of the park Jackers from ninety three, Jacker twos from ninety six, and we're gonna have new transfers of both features from the original analog master tapes. Commentary on both with the writer, producer, actor Phil Herman, optional introductions by Joel d Winkoop, some other interviews as well. And yeah, it looks like a standard pretty damn great if you like s OV Satam's core release. Oh yeah, excited.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: I was gonna make a Louis c. K joke, but I decided not to Smart Man.
Speaker 2: Smart Man Next up is one of our favorites. Canadian International Pictures releasing Kiyatu and Company, which made a lot of people excited that this was Kenny and Company for about five seconds and then you are very sad. So this is a super interesting release of early work that came out of Canada that looks really great, which I'm stooked that they got some of these these partnerly has been able to get bigger and bigger titles, so this one says. Keanu Reeves gave his first lead performance in nineteen eighty five's One Step Away, establishing the charm and vulnerability of his beloved screen persona while exploring the pitfalls of juvenile delinquency. The film was directed by Robert Fortier, a season documentarian venturing deeper to fiction filmmaking following the success of his daredevil stunt driving doc The Devil at Your Heels. This release collects three of the films he directed for the NFB's Family Crisis series, including What Is Keanu's Essential debut vividly evoking the spirit of the After School Special and its eighties heyday.
Speaker 3: This is so rad, totally so. This is the kind of thing that would never get a release.
Speaker 2: These are scanning restored in two K from the sixteen millimeters interpositives. We got a new commentary with Paul and Jason that are that are on a bunch of the Canadian International titles. We got some new interviews on this. We've got a bunch of interviews.
Speaker 3: Actually, there is some shorts that are on this, including another Family short. Uh, there is so many that is hard to cover everything. A book featuring and reproduction of the Family Crisis series, viewers guide like that put out there for everybody.
Speaker 4: You're breaking up again? Uh Am, I fixed now?
Speaker 3: Are we good?
Speaker 4: You are fixed now for the moment.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good because I do have more from Canadian International Pictures that I want to share. The big thing is they announced that they have a newsletter. You can go to Canadian Dash International dot com. They posted that I believe just today or maybe even yesterday. Uh, they are going to be encouraging people to sign up so that they can tease some stuff coming up. And just for everybody watching the show. They wanted to give a couple of quick teases for that. The big thing is their next release, which is coming in fat is going to be their second four k UHD that they are releasing, so look forward to that. The other big thing is they're sending out a newsletter tomorrow, so make sure you go sign up for that tonight and it will have a tas for their March release. So more and more info coming from Canadian International Picture.
Speaker 4: As long as you sign up, you won't be sorry.
Speaker 2: Of course, I've loved everything that they have done that. I've dove into tons of extras again, some of the more like better bang for your bucks type of discs when going through them, there's so much on their.
Speaker 3: On their discs.
Speaker 4: Check out the Hard Part begins.
Speaker 2: One of Will's favorites, all right. Next up, the Last Skirk.
Speaker 4: Is do a double feature with Jacker.
Speaker 2: Watch Jacker and Jack or two with the Hard Part begins in the middle. The Last Circus is coming this month from Magnolia. This is the title that many people love. This is from twenty ten, directed by the one and only Alex dla Iglesia, who's gotten quite a bit of great releases over the last few years. We got a new commentary on this one by Sheila Rowan Lake, author of the Spanish Fantastic. We've had a new visual essay by Alexander Heller Nicholas and some behind the scenes footage, visual effects footage.
Speaker 3: And this looks to be a great, solid release.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about this one, but I like to cover there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alex Daalea, I Gglecia, great work. If you haven't seen this, I think you would probably like it. This is one that most people would enjoy.
Speaker 4: MA I like his other stuff, So durngo right.
Speaker 2: Perdida durango one of my favorites. Yeah, all right. New Life is the next title from Brainstorm Media. This is from twenty twenty three. Says a mysterious woman on the run and the resourceful fixer assigned to bring her in. There are two unique stories inextricably link as the stakes of the pursuit rise to apocalyptic proportions. We're in an audio commentary with the director and some of the actresses, and then there's another audio commentary with the director and the DP handful of interviews, so behind the scenes featurettes. This one pretty intriguing slipcover. I've not heard much about this one. This one I need to look up more.
Speaker 4: Based on that plot description that sounds like there's mounting tension throughout.
Speaker 3: Is she still working tension? Haven't heard from her in years?
Speaker 2: Next title is from a film movement and we are getting once We're Warriors. They have released this previously. This is just sort of a repackage, I believe, with a slipcover and all that. This has a commentary with Alexander Hiller, Nicholas and Josh Nelson. Visual essay by Elizabeth Purchell, essay by Peter Calder in this I somehow have not seen this one, but this one has pretty much only ever got incredible incredible reviews.
Speaker 3: Have you seen this one?
Speaker 4: No, but this will be a good excuse to pick it up. It's you know, well regarded in all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Adam is saying, where's the word?
Speaker 3: If you look it is in once it is there.
Speaker 4: It reminds me. Do you remember that old episode of Mystery Signs Theater three thousand Werewolf starring Joe Estevez.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, he just yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the actresses pronounces pronounces it were wolf. So We're warriors. That was one of the best episodes.
Speaker 3: Oh, next title is from phil Movement as well. This is called the Sales Girl from twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: And there is the back of that slip. I'm not gonna leave that up there very long. We'll leave it on the girl in fish nets.
Speaker 3: That's better.
Speaker 2: This says when college co ed saw Rule takes a temporary job as a clerk in an adult store. Her poker faced indifference makes her the perfect foil for the clientele, who ranged from slightly sheepish and cautiously curious to damn write per verse. But it is Katia, the shops flamboyant, eccentric female owner who initiates saw Rule's journey into adulthood, taking her under her wing, teaching her the art of living, and gently guiding her on the path to self discovery. This will have a making of and a trailer on the disc.
Speaker 4: Well, talk about the hard part beginning, No, this was I watched the trailer for this and it looked really good. And honestly, you know, I make it a point to try to watch films from like every country. I don't think I've ever seen a film from Mongolia.
Speaker 3: Ooh, that is a good point.
Speaker 4: Maybe I haven't just not known it, but I certainly not contemporary, So I'm curious just for that reason, just to see the you know, the locations where it's shot and how it looks and yeah, this is a clumsy, clumsy, uh monolingual dufus, just trying to watch stuff from a lot of different places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I did have somebody that has seen this recommended, so this one was an easy checkout for me.
Speaker 4: Well, one thing that unites all cultures is smut, you know all.
Speaker 2: Well when you said sput, definitely a huge whistle when you said smut there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next up is AGFA releasing Satan War from nineteen seventy nine, which if that doesn't excite you immediately, it absolutely should. This says it is a diy answer to the Amityville horror from Texas actor Bart LaRue. Satan War is an unforgettable Satanic panic artifact when newly weds Louise and Bill Foster moved into a new house, there confronted by supernatural entity and things only get worse from there. Never legitimately released until now, Satan War floats across the screen and a black cloud of pummeling synthesizers, hallucinogenic visuals and unsettling themes. This is region free preserved from the sixteen millimeters answer print. There are three versions of the movie, the original sixty four minute cuts, the seventy seven and ninety two minute cuts are well. We got a commentary with Kristin LaRue and agfa's Josiemba on this, and then an interview with Stephen Thrower.
Speaker 4: So if you get this you'll get the same number of cuts as if you buy Apocalypse Now, both of which are essentially Satan Wars Satan and the Great Satan. I'm pretty excited about this, you know, to quote a great text and Gibbie Haynes, it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done. And oh, by the way, if you see your mother, tell her Satan, Satan, Satan. I feel like that was an endorsement of this this.
Speaker 3: Movie, and if not, it absolutely should have been.
Speaker 4: Although sometimes I do think it is worse to regret something you have done than haven't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure one hundred percent agree with Gibbie. All Right, The point is I'm gonna definitely check this out.
Speaker 3: Though. Let's go to our next one. Will. Have you seen Smiley Face?
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about Smiley Face? Because this is damn divisive.
Speaker 4: I was stone cold sober when I watched it. I was at a period in my life where I had nary a substance in my system and definitely did not laugh one time. But I feel like I feel like if I had like half an edible or something, it'd be great.
Speaker 2: Well, this month, Dark Star is releasing the Iraqi film Smiley Face, so everybody has.
Speaker 3: A chance to pick the up. This has a hell of a cast.
Speaker 2: Anna Sorry, Anna Faris, John Krasinski, Adam Brody, Ben Falcone, Brian Possain. We have an audio commentary by Elizabeth Purchell on this, a booklet with the essay by Mia li Viccino.
Speaker 3: This is a good movie. I like this one. It's been a long time since I've seen it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was Anna Faris. You know, so tell me about the divisiveness. Are people hating on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's so many people hate the comedy in this that it's just tales old at time.
Speaker 3: People have been shipping on this movie since he got released.
Speaker 4: Tale as old as time.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, times pretty old. It's at least seventeen years.
Speaker 4: Is that from Beauty and the Beast?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: You know, I recently rewatched not super recently, or I would have mentioned it on one of those shows. But I recently rewatched The House Bunny.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, another would you say, Anna Forres?
Speaker 4: And I gotta tell you I'm Team Forrest all the way. She's so funny in that movie.
Speaker 3: She's pretty great.
Speaker 4: Oh my, and I do the to this day. I do the mnemonic trick she does to remember people's names in like my classes. But I don't explain just that just weird everybody out first day of roster.
Speaker 3: You know, I swear we did talk about this recently.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe I might have brought up the mnemonic thing.
Speaker 3: Maybe you run half an edible then. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've never done those before, but I ordered for Christmas. I got a group on to get some th HC gummies and I thought they might help me sleep. They're not they're not here yet, but I'm gonna try them and see what, see what happens. I've never been you know, I've tried. Back when I was a young man, I tried smoking the wacky tobacco. And I'm one of those people that just gets like real paranoid and stuff and and then do a whole lot for me. Yeah. But now now it's very popular for middle aged people to eat well, they called their gummies, but they're called edibles, I guess, because there's all kinds of different kind sorts of edibles you can get. I just got the gummies, So I'll let you know the works.
Speaker 3: That was a journey'd like Tiley Face Again.
Speaker 2: I do want to say I want to award some of these labels when I can potentially, and just giving some feedback. Dark Star suddenly getting major titles like Fear dot Com and I know that's not like this heralded film, but it's one that people have wanted for some time. But Smiley Face from a Rocky like, these are titles that have been on people's wish list for a while, and for a partner label to put those out in relative close timeframes when they were putting out like mostly modern indie comedies and horror, this is pretty damn great that they that they're able to get these at all.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I just looked at the comments and apparently I ordered the wrong kind of dummies.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Well, I got THHC and CBD. There's two different they come in, so I'll compare them. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: That's never mind. All I know. I've never done a single thing in my life. I shouldn't say anything.
Speaker 4: I have a terrible time sleeping, man, I just I need something.
Speaker 2: I believe the sativa is the one to put you to sleep, and in deco is like the one to make you just feel floating and high.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, that's the Miley Cyrus. That's the Sativa.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure anything.
Speaker 4: I didn't see that as a ship. I didn't see that as a there's all these terms that everybody knows. Ah. Well, I don't need it. I just need to sleep. And doctor says I'm gonna have a.
Speaker 3: Stroke, Please don't do that.
Speaker 4: What am I mispronouncing? Is it Indica?
Speaker 3: Oh? Did I say the Did I say the wrong way?
Speaker 4: I meant the chad saying I can't pronounce anything.
Speaker 3: I put the.
Speaker 4: Wrong and fastest.
Speaker 3: It's Indika, not Indica.
Speaker 4: I put the wrong I put the emphastest on the wrong side.
Speaker 2: Look at this, Sasha helping you with your your anaphars uh mnemonic.
Speaker 3: Indika is the one to put you to sleep in the couch.
Speaker 4: In the couch.
Speaker 3: Wow, Oops, I said it the wrong way. I meant to say it the right way. I promise. Let's keep going.
Speaker 2: Art Label putting out The Special People from twenty twenty one. This one is mostly recorded in a single room in Brooklyn, preceding Roberts and Mechus's Here by the Way. The Special People is the culmination of fifteen years of creating video art that ranges from delightfully playful to daringly vulnerable. This is by director Erica Schreiner. You got a feature length commentary by Erica Schiner, moderated by Art Label themselves, an interviewed with a couple of the co stars, director Q and A three music videos on this, two trailers and then two Sky Project films with introductions by Erica Schreiner as well. I've not got anything from Art Label yet, I don't think question.
Speaker 4: In your interview with Joe Robin, he admitted that he wrote the copy for the newsletters, the descriptions of the movies and stuff.
Speaker 3: Does he do the oc well, I don't think he does ocns as well. No, I think that's up to every single label. I just.
Speaker 4: The the adjectives. We've talked. We've talked about the adjectives before, but man, there's some adventurous stuff going on with the adjectives. And don't get me started on the adverbs.
Speaker 2: That will quickly devolve, all right. Next one is from Enjoy the Ride. This is a video Man from twenty eighteen, one of the more interesting sounding titles from them. This says Anyo, a Jallo obsessed VHS collector with a drinking problem.
Speaker 3: So a lot of us.
Speaker 2: Finds a highly collectible videotape that could solve his money problems and save him from eviction. He makes a deal with the shady, anonymous collector before realizing the video has been stolen. This is going to include Alan Jones interview with the writer director Christian A. Soderstrom at Frank Fast twenty eighteen, some twenty twenty four interviews with the actors and actresses, plus the writer director, the origin story, featurette music video, two shorts and if that's all on the disc, that's quite a bit for an ETR release.
Speaker 4: They got too short for this. What did you say?
Speaker 3: Two shorts? Oh that's different, quite a bit different actually.
Speaker 4: So wait, well, I guess this is like cover, the subject matter is cover in case the in case the video presentation is off.
Speaker 3: Theoretically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that looks neat.
Speaker 2: It, says Alan Jones of FrightFest calls it Dario Argento meets Mike Lee, which is weird to say the least.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that sounds good, but I'm going to assuming them for it too, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't decided on this one anyways.
Speaker 2: Next up, this is Connie's release for the month that is Wonderful Paradise from twenty twenty. There is the front and back of the slip.
Speaker 3: This says.
Speaker 2: In this demented spin on the Unwonted guest scenario from Iconoclast Asahi Yamamoto, the debt ridden Sasaiyas must move out of their suburban Tokyo house. In the midst of packing, the family's rebellious daughter posts an open invitation online, Let's have a party soon. Guest after guest pours in from a strange relatives to jilted lovers, from drug dealers and yakuza to supernatural delights at the Kaiju variety. This is I'm gonna have an interview with the director of the original trailer a booklet was some behind the scenes photographs and new writing by Ariel Esteban Kaye from the label Connie Themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Connie does pretty great work. I'm interested in this one.
Speaker 4: Definitely true about the movies. But I gotta agree with Reservoir Fella eighty eight. The slipcover doesn't appeal to me.
Speaker 3: No, it's not great.
Speaker 2: There's been quite a few this month that I've not loved, not loved at all. Craig says they're looking into a film that would be described as Douglas Sirk meets John Waters. Interesting, silent mannible likes a slip nice.
Speaker 3: Nice. So that is Connie for this month, and of course.
Speaker 4: Is it called odoriferous Obsession.
Speaker 2: If that's not enough, head over to the melusine side, where you get a four K release of the image from nineteen seventy three. This is the same film that was released previously on blue from Synaps, coming on four K in one of these deluxe Melusine packages. Here is the inner slip art. If you've never bought one of the MALEU Scene releases. I just so happened to have this because I just talked about it somewhere else through the looking glad. Oh, look at that. There's the image and you can imagine seeing it on here. These releases are crazy great. They put a lot of love and attention into them. What's odd this month, though, is there's a couple of these releases that seem to be missing some information. So like this one, they refer to a commentary on the back of the case, but it's not listed as one of the extras. Yes, this is Radley metzger Adam.
Speaker 3: This is uh.
Speaker 2: This is one that I would certainly suggest people look at you've got the blu ray there.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming you've seen it. Yeah. Zero extras though, and is there nothing on there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Zero.
Speaker 4: It's so old that when you open it up, it lets you know that synapses to a new location. So yeah, I mean, obviously this is an upgrade in pretty much every respect. And this is one of the most well regarded adult films ever made.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, these these Miliu scene editions are great. And yes, Staf, you know it is hard hardcore. I help you check it out. It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Polp album. It was a pulp album, but it was a statement, not a question.
Speaker 3: Next one is Neon Knights. This is Neon crutch that Will was talking.
Speaker 4: About your mom.
Speaker 3: So this is from the Command Cinema line. You can pick up now.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty one's Neon Nights the Cecil Howard or Cesil Howard, I'm not sure how he pronounces it.
Speaker 3: On this one.
Speaker 2: This is going to have feature length audio commentary with the director, moderated by Casey Scott, a bunch of video interviews, film outtakes with the director.
Speaker 3: You can pick this up now.
Speaker 2: Now, have you gotten any of the Command Cinema one since they joined Vinegar Syndrome?
Speaker 4: You know what the weirdest part of watching pornography with your.
Speaker 3: Parents discussing it online publicly.
Speaker 4: Is well, that's that's the moment where you realize they've got like thirty years of perversion on you, like every You hadn't even thought of some of the stuff they've tried yet. Why did you ask me.
Speaker 2: If you bought any of the Command Cinema lines, Because all of these I thought, all but like one or two that they've released through mail usine have come out previously when they were their own uh company. And my my question is because they never they never used the word new, So are these just the same discs as before in a new slip cover that wouldn't surprise me necessarily.
Speaker 4: I haven't gotten any of their stuff yet.
Speaker 3: All right, so I'm not you know, Will is describing my relationship with my kids.
Speaker 4: Uh no, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Jim says, got a lot of other variant images apparently taken seconds apart. Her head has turned to a different side, and that is it, well that you can say. Craig says, just curious. Do Maliu scene releases get coverage because they're nicely packaged? Lots of porn comes out every month?
Speaker 4: No, no nice slip package.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of it does, actually, especially in a restoration of classic hardcore. Actually, Wave says, is the vs. Pink line gonna be pink ou films?
Speaker 3: We don't know yet.
Speaker 2: We've not heard a single hint other than there's a new line coming to mail you scene called pink.
Speaker 3: We will have to see.
Speaker 2: Going to the last Maliu scene title, the Riebald Tales of Canterbury and Tasty double feature. This is Riebald Tales of Canterbury came out as part of the five Years five Films collection. I think that was on volume one even. Yeah, so this is just a repackage of that. Blu Ray with Taste is another double feature.
Speaker 4: So you have to decide. I think if you're a fan of Hypatia Lee, and there's a good reason to be, she's a multi hyphen it.
Speaker 3: I have her album.
Speaker 4: She was in a band, it's like a blues rock band.
Speaker 3: I read somewhere that she was tempting and tantalizing.
Speaker 4: Well, the tension mounts. But she wrote. She wrote a pretty well reviewed memoir and she wrote she's a screenwriter. She wrote several movies. She co wrote Rival Tales of Canterbury, which is hilarious because in the credits the writers include Hyapacial, Lee and Hawcer.
Speaker 3: Great great people to be around there, for sure.
Speaker 4: Of course, the the regular Tales of Canterbury tales are pretty ribald.
Speaker 3: Well for back then, probably not as bald, but.
Speaker 4: It was like super ribald.
Speaker 3: That was I mean, that was a bald joke, not a right bald. Oh.
Speaker 2: Anyways, commentary with the director Bud Lee, video interview with Budley as well, and then original theatrical trailers accompany this release.
Speaker 4: Bud Lee kind of sucks, all right. He was very high patiently and you look at the two of them, and you're just like, how the hell did that happen?
Speaker 3: Money?
Speaker 4: Cocaine's a hell of a drug, they say.
Speaker 3: Let's carry on. Uh.
Speaker 2: Vinegar Syndrome announced some of the stuff coming throughout the rest of this year so that you can decide if you want to subscribe or not. On top of all of the discounts that you for the partner labels and all of the sub labels and all that other stuff, plus miliu seen titles, these are the things that they're gonna use to entice you. So February we got three releases, including a four K of the Possession of Joel Delaney Blu Ray debut and Eighties Slasher Blu Ray debut of and eighties Jess Franco Orror.
Speaker 3: Any any thoughts of what that one might be.
Speaker 4: Will mm nope. I don't want jinx anything. I will never speculate about Franca. I just want I just am grateful for whatever happens. All right, I was gonna meet Oh, this is all right, speaking of just Ranca. So you see I'm wearing this Severn t shirt here yep. And I was in a meeting earlier today for like actual work job and I was meeting with an instructional designer for this online course that I'm working on, and she's like, oh, what's what's seven? And then she googled it and the first thing she saw was Thong Girls and I was like, no, actually, you know, it's a high class art. It's well, it's it's it's politically transgressive because of the fascist Francisco Franco regime. And she was like, yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: March from VS is gonna include a Blu Ray debut of Devil Fetus and her Vengeance double feature that I cannot wait for, a Forgotten Jelly box set, and a four K and Blu Ray debut of an eighties British thriller, Fuck.
Speaker 4: I don't have room for any more forgotten Jolly box sets?
Speaker 3: You another one coming? Uh? April?
Speaker 4: Is we got seven so far? This is gonna be the eighth one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: Holy shit.
Speaker 2: April re releases including a four K debut of a yellow, four K debut of early supernatural Slash, and a Blu Ray debut double feature of sixties British horror.
Speaker 3: May.
Speaker 2: Of course, this is the halfway sale months, so we got four releases a four K debut of seventies horror Masterpiece, four K debut of nineties horror Classic, plus two secret surprise four K titles, then skipping June because that will be partners only. July three Vinegar Cinerm releases, including three four K debuts of horror and sci fi films. August will have three releases, including a four K debut of Trauma's Sergeant Kabuki Man NYPD. Which is crazy that that's getting a four K release. Three album set go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'll say again, that's the first in house Trauma film they've done.
Speaker 2: Yep, Wow, sure is that could be a sign of some other things to come. We've got a three film set of seventies Italian horror rarities and a double feature of two genre melding films by an indie director legend, one of them a four K Blu ray, one of them Blu Ray only. September three Vinegar Syndrome releases total a four K double feature of major indie horror films, Blu ray debut of a batshit crazy Italian horror, and a four K debut of ninety supernatural horror.
Speaker 3: The Giggle Well.
Speaker 4: I was hoping for the House with laughing windows finally, but I don't think it's batshit.
Speaker 2: So well, and I kind of don't think it's VS. I'm very curious who has it. We've been waiting a long time since that reveal to find out.
Speaker 3: Who's got it.
Speaker 4: Well, pretty cool Mede.
Speaker 3: October, we got a couple more.
Speaker 2: October four, Vinegar Centroom releases a four K debut, a new restoration of seventies Horror Classic, four K debut of a masterful nineties horror infused genre bender, four K debut of Ajallo, and a disc debut of Gory eighty Supernatural Horror. And then finally November four, Total releases a shocking four kW horror box set and two surprise titles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, I never speculate. Speculation is dangerous thing.
Speaker 2: It's very dangerous. People start believing rumors, but this is not a rumor. There are two titles that you can pick up just in the Vinegar Centrome Media Club sections of both of the Vinegar Syndrome and Melliusine sites. So on the VS side, there is a standard release of The Demon Rat, which was a VSA that is now out of print, so you can get just the standard that is available now it is three thousand VSMC points. And then if you go over to the Mellusine site, the title Hot Summer in the City is available to redeem for three thousand VSMC points and this one is not available to purchase anywhere else. The only place that you can get it is through there, and their email today made it sound like that's the only place this will be available, So you may want to save up some points and pick that up for three thousand points over there.
Speaker 4: So that's thirty dollars worth of points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which by the way, is already only what like a one percent discount on VSMC points for the most part, at at the lowest level.
Speaker 4: So I'm trying to decide about the double rat because I like some of that director's other films, Grave Robbers, Cemetery of Terra, but and the trailer makes it look like, aha, you know, just like that. But then I read the letterbox reviews and everybody's like, this fucking's not even and so now I don't know. And then you told me that Hot Summer in the City was great, and.
Speaker 2: I did not tell you that, I said, Quentin Tarantino said, it was the best porn movie ever made.
Speaker 4: So then I look it up and it's all about like racial raping, Like that's that's all it is, is a bunch of racist raping stuff.
Speaker 3: Jikes. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't decide what to do with my points.
Speaker 2: Well, thankfully that is it for VS until the next day. We got one more release to cover at once we get to listening to matagraph. Next up is, like I said, eighty eight Films is doing which from Nepal.
Speaker 3: This is the art for their release. It is coming in early twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: It will have newly color graded and restored in the UK by eighty eight Films from the studio Splightmaster. It will also have a bunch of extras, including a new commentary by Frank Jang.
Speaker 3: A there was something else that they announced. Oh maybe it was not in that post and I read in the comments, so never mind. Heads up.
Speaker 2: By the way, I had some people ask Frank Jang, I think it was the seventh Curse release. It says brand new commentary, but he did the commentary for eighty eight films. What's crazy is Frank Jing never allows the same commentary to go to two different labels, even if it's for the same title. So if they want him on the VS release and he already did it for Dy eight Films, he records another full commentary. So that's pretty damn cool. It gives you a reason if you really love the title, you might want to keep both of them because they are going to be different.
Speaker 4: I want to talk a little bit more about Hot Summer in the City because I said what it was about, but I didn't say it was written by Gail Palmer, which I guess complicates things. She also made Erotic Adventures of Candy and Candy Goes to Hollywood, Oh, which has Wendy O Williams in it. I gotta tell you, man, Frank Jang is an impressed of motherfucker recording brand new commentaries for stuff that he's already done commentaries for.
Speaker 3: That's difficult.
Speaker 4: I'd be just like, pay me twice for you know whatever. But more power to him. He's one of the top, you know. I love him and he has the sweetest Instagram. I just I love his every one of his posts, Like everything he does is so fun and cool. I'm like, way to go, dude. I hope to beat him one day. Yeah, he's uh, he's pretty red.
Speaker 3: All right. It is it is that time. It's the giveaway time.
Speaker 2: So this is this is crazy because Craig he lessened the pool from all of the entries and got it down to I think it was twenty and gave a gave me a number to pool and my number that I chose was a random draw and he texted me it is I. I don't know how this came up, but a regular that is gonna be very happy with this won the package tonight. Ronnie, Ronnie, you won. You won the Deaf Crocodile package. You get Fella Day and some of the stars and Delta Space Mission. Uh if you will. Yeah, that's that's pretty damn cool.
Speaker 4: Congratulates package of the night. Oh when speaking of the oppressive packages, where do you see Philaday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is an amazing movie.
Speaker 2: Uh, Ronnie, please send your address to Craig at Defcrocodile dot com via email and.
Speaker 3: He will get that ship out to you immediately.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Ronnie. Hey, I gotta tell you, I don't venture on the Twitter that much anymore, but whenever I do, Ronnie's feet always has stuff that only people with good taste have, so.
Speaker 3: Huzza.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad it was so glad it was you, Ronnie. That's incredible.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: I'm just glad it wasn't Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good call. Enjoy, Enjoy what you get from Deaf Crocodile. There, Ronnie. These are pretty fantastic releases. All right. We got just a couple more to cover. Shelf shock.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be talking about that in just a minute, so I'm gonna keep this one at bay. The last thing to cover is today, Cinematograph announced Bang the Drums Slowly from nineteen seventy three coming on four K, and this is one of their media book releases that they do for all of the Cinematograph titles. This is starring Robert de Niro and Michael Murriarty. We got a new commentary with John Hancock, the director, moderated by Justin from Cinematograph. New commentary by Jim Hempful on this as well. New video interview with the director. New visual essay by Chris O'Neill. New text essays by Noah Gettell, author of Baseball the movie film critic Glenn Kenny, author of an adam of an actor Robert de Niro and then writer and filmmaker Dan Mecha from the film stage this.
Speaker 3: Have you seen this movie? Will? No?
Speaker 4: I rarely watch baseball movies because I don't like baseball. But I've read I mean, this is like fairly well regarded as a classic, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think a lot of people when they I think they read between the lines that it was a baseball movie and they thought it was gonna be eight men out, and so some people were disappointed.
Speaker 4: But speaking of John Sales, yeah I like that. But no, this is a movie that has needed a release. It's got a great critical reputation. Given all of the jokes that we've made about packaging packages and mounting and banging a film by John Hancock, cob banged the drum slowly seems like the perfect way to close things out. Two guys bawling.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 2: All right, So that is announcements for the week. Like I said, we'll get back to shelf shock in just a minute, but of.
Speaker 3: Course, for real, that's it. Yeah, that's it, Serman, nobody else. Don't you feel good about? Well? Tons of keynote like always what they release. I mean nothing. They just announced that some stuff will come someday.
Speaker 2: Uh coming out next week, as we usually cover David Fincher seven on four K steel booking Standard Yo Jimbo Sandrew four K from Criterion. We Live in Time from A twenty four Saturday Night from Sony Rumbel Stiltskin will be shipping from tear Vision the moment their four K discs arrived. They're waiting on that Sanctum four K from Scream Factory, Drag Me to Hell four K steal from Scream Rampo Noir from Aero Video The Lord of the Rings. Stuff might be getting re released. It looks like Let's Get Lost from Keno, Ultra Galaxy, Fight Series from Mill Creek, Triumph of Sherlock Holmes and Silver Blaze from Film Masters. Motel Hell steelbook coming as well. Soundtrack to a Coup de Tat from Keino. I need to pick this one up. I've heard this one is incredible. Yeah, you get anything from next week? Are you going to pick up seven? Have we ever talked about seven? Are you a seven fan? That's what I thought? You look upset?
Speaker 4: Well. My favorite part is when they kill Gwyneth Paltrow. Good with the sliding door actually, which is.
Speaker 3: I like? Pretty good?
Speaker 4: I like the synergy.
Speaker 3: That was pretty good. All right, we will we will be covering shelf Shock first.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's cover shelf Shock rewind first. This is I'm sharing from the editing side of where I could change the survey, but I'm not going to click anything. I'm gonna show everybody what all of the categories are tonight and just have a quick run through on a couple of these. Will you can give any thoughts by all means please here it is so this is what you can vote for. If you vote in the community, vote for the shelf Shock Rewind Awards. These are open for the entirety of the month of January. If you want to vote, the link that is in the description below. Wherever you're watching this you would be able to find the link. It is an incredibly difficult year. The first one here is best pre code or silent film release. We got Dante's Inferno from tear Vision Hacks and from Radius Films, Laura and Hardy Year two from Flicker Rally, the Louis foyad set from Eureka, and then Pandora's Box from Criterion.
Speaker 3: Dang, this is one of those categories. I don't know how to pick one.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, who's gotten the Flawed box set yet? But also like, wow, that's everything, right, that's Phantomas, that's the vampires.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's all the crime serials.
Speaker 4: Then again, who's going to ever watch them all?
Speaker 3: A lot of people have surprisingly.
Speaker 4: Whatever Pandora's Oh but the Dante's infern with like the how many different scores? Yeah, the different scores.
Speaker 3: I'm glad people remembered that when they were nominating these.
Speaker 4: I remember pitching to do a commentary for it and being denied, so.
Speaker 3: You know, whatever, So not the case, but okay, it was the case.
Speaker 2: Second really, second category here, Best contemporary studio release. So this is anything for a new film that just came out this year. We've got The Civil War four K Amazon exclusive from a twenty four Lionsgate, The Fall Guy four K from Universal furiosa, A Mad Max Saga four K from Warner Brothers. I saw The TV Glow from a twenty four and Love Lies Bleeding four K from a twenty four.
Speaker 3: You have you even seen any of those five films? No? Yeah, That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: Honestly, five pretty great TSTs there too.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna watch. I saw the TV Glow and I told you I got Furiosa last month. I just haven't watched. Yeah, but the other one, Snow, what is even.
Speaker 3: That humboldt horror? Honey wants to know.
Speaker 2: I viewed the nominees for all who picks these again, and it's a great question. We have what I've deemed the Creators Selection Committee that is full of a bunch of filmmakers and YouTubers, podcasters, creators and a bunch of different arenas that come together to nominate titles and then literally just pick the highest number of votes in every category and try to discern the best way to present those And this is what we got.
Speaker 4: Full disclosure, I was disenfranchised this year. I did not get to vote.
Speaker 3: That's true. That is true. Next is best Studio Catalog Release.
Speaker 2: So this is for a studio putting out our release for a film that came out before twenty twenty. And we've got Nightmare and Elm Street four K, bringing out the Dead four K, We've got Chinatown four K, North Northwest four K, and then from Warner Archive, the Searchers four K.
Speaker 4: I see, that's tough because you can only vote for Chinatown ethically if you ordered the special edition, because the standard edition, which I pre ordered, is still so basically that's bullshit.
Speaker 3: Because you couldn't get it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just it hasn't. It's not it doesn't specify that it's the special edition.
Speaker 3: It's the only one that was released.
Speaker 4: Well, that's my point anyway.
Speaker 3: I mean they sold six thousand of them.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's only two studios.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of Warner interesting best animation. We got some big ones here. The Boy and the Heir and four K steel book from Shout philad a four K from Deaf Crocodile Tamila twenty ten, A Punkcat and Space from Deaf Crocodile, Transformers one four K steel book from Paramounts, and then the Wild Robot four K from Universal.
Speaker 4: That's tough. I've seen three of these.
Speaker 3: What's the third one? Transformers one Boy in the heron. Oh see, you should see Wild Robot. I think you'd like that one. Well.
Speaker 4: I took my daughter to see Boy in the Hero huh, Transformers one the one where they're teenagers.
Speaker 3: Yeahpost be pretty great.
Speaker 4: Fuck Yeah, they're robots, dude, that's just their personality. Oh my god, that is so dull.
Speaker 3: Fifth categories martial arts.
Speaker 2: We got the Game of Clones, Bruce Floitation set from seven, whoa Golden Harvest Volume one from Shout Studios, The Heroic Trio and Executioners four K from Criterion, Ninja Terminator from Neon Eagle Video, and then Shotscope Volume three from Arrow.
Speaker 3: This is a category.
Speaker 4: I kind of feel like some of these you need to have two winners. It's got to be like one A and one B.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we do for those that don't know.
Speaker 2: We do pick a winner from the creator Selection Committee and the community, so there is an option for a couple winners.
Speaker 3: Right right.
Speaker 4: I forgot you had the electoral College. We do, yeah, situation.
Speaker 3: So that is a very difficult category. Here's another one.
Speaker 2: Best horror release All the Haunts by Ours, a Compendium of fook cor Volume two from seven, The Blair Witch Project from Second Site, The Hitcher four K from Second Site, Hush four K from Screen Factory, and Opera four K from seven.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: You know what has been such an incredible year. I forgot that Opera came out this year. I was actually thinking that had to be last year, and then I was like, oh wait, we were just at seven when that happened, So I assume this is the replacement disc that's been nominated.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Wow, Humboldt Horror Honey says, I think I have to pick other for a lot of these, and that is exciting because I do want to make sure that people understand that you can write in if you don't like any of the five nominees, you can write in, and one of the ride in picks absolutely could win. So please, if you've got a different choice, write that in. Yeah, Jim, No Canadian Animation Volume one from c ip it got nominated.
Speaker 3: It just missed it, I think by one or two nominees.
Speaker 4: Which is interesting because I just mentioned that was disenfranchised.
Speaker 2: Number seven is best Documentary Release. We got the American movie four K from Sony, the Battle of Chile from Icarus Films Entered the Clones of Bruce from seven, pop Atopolis from Terror Vision, and Skala from Severn.
Speaker 4: That's impossible. And you know what makes even worse is that one of those elms is like super important historically and the rest are just for geeks like us and it's not gonna win. I'm just gonna go ahead and say the one movie that is absolutely going to outlive all of them because it is so important historically.
Speaker 3: Will not win.
Speaker 4: This is true, but I'm glad it's nominated. At least. Glad at least we can show a modicum of awareness of the historical and artistic importance of one of these films. That that said, I'm voting for Papatopolis.
Speaker 2: Ronnie says, gay USA from Altered Innocence. For me, I want to point out this miss being nominated by one vote.
Speaker 4: And again someone was disenfranchised would have been on my ballot.
Speaker 3: By the way. Next is the best audio presentation. We get Alien Romulus four K from twenty Century, we get The Civil War four K from A twenty four lions Gate, Dune Part two four K from Warner Brothers, Godzilla Minus one four K from Toho, and Opera four K from seven. This is an interesting category. I don't even know how to tell.
Speaker 4: I have a I have a bow sound bar. It's loud, but I don't have like surround sound or anything.
Speaker 3: This is this is really important for some people and they can tell.
Speaker 2: I promise you just listen on your earbuds sometimes. Honestly, it's better than TV speakers.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, no.
Speaker 2: It's more surround than a soundbar. Number nine, it's like this long number nine is for video presentation. We get the Case of the Bloody Iris four K from Celluloyd Dreams Opera four K from seven, the Hitcher four K Second Site, four K from Vinegar Syndrome, and the Silence of the Lambs four K from Arrow.
Speaker 4: Well A dark Horse, a dark Lamb, A dark Lamb.
Speaker 2: This one, I think is another one that's gonna be tough because Case of the Bloody Iris is probably the best looking JALLO on disc ever now. And then Silence of the Lambs improved pretty greatly on the Keno four K.
Speaker 4: Well opera sounded pretty looked pretty good too.
Speaker 3: It looks amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of that best home video restoration upgrade. So the last time it was on home video to what it got this last year showed the biggest improvement. So we've got Bringing Out the Dead four K from Paramounts, Case of the Bloody Iris four K Celluloid Dreams, hit Your four K from Second Site, the Jar from Terror Vision, and then The Keep four K from Vinegar Syndrome, So.
Speaker 4: Like technically, based on how this is written, it has to be the jar, right, like the the best improvement over what it had been previously.
Speaker 2: I mean quite literally, Like that's the one that I'm voting for. I'll be completely completely transparent.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: You can't. No, no, no, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: Oh yes I can. I didn't help with that.
Speaker 4: Disc Yeah, but you're influential, all right.
Speaker 3: Going to our next one.
Speaker 4: They're all tough. They're all tough.
Speaker 3: They really are.
Speaker 2: Best packaging design All the Haunts b Ares Volume two, The Hitcher four k Steckt site, the never Ending Story from Imprint, That thing weighs five pounds, the Tenant four K from Vinegar Syndrome, and then the one I just held up through the looking Glass four K from Meliu scene. We had an adult film nominated for Best Packaging.
Speaker 4: Inclusion of The never Ending Story, which from what I've heard is the has been the bane of every distributor, every store. And I have to say, as excited as I was when it came out, I cannot purchase that.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind having it, but that's so expensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like if like somebody gave it to me, I would take it, but then I would also be like, you just wasted your money. You should have given that to someone who was like down and out and trying to get back on their feet. You know.
Speaker 3: Next category is best steel Book.
Speaker 2: We got Body double four k from Sony, The Crow four k from Paramount Nightmare and elm Street four k from Mourner Saw ten four k from Lionsgate, and then the Thanksgiving four k steel book from Sony.
Speaker 4: You know would have been better though, is if that never ending story had the book, Like, if the book had the book in it, why didn't I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Know, people of people have asked the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure they have, but it just occurred to me. Now, Well, onto the steel box, all right, stuff that.
Speaker 3: You bang around, stuff that you make, all right.
Speaker 2: Number thirteen Best Artwork. We got All the Haunts Biarrs Volume two from seven, Demon Pond four k from Criterion, Corell from Criterion, The Hitcher four k from Second Site, and a Simple Plan four k from Arrow.
Speaker 4: Where's Demon rat?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: Honestly, this list is maybe the most odd out of the entire list of nominees.
Speaker 3: For me, there's maybe one in here.
Speaker 2: That I would have included, but like the Radiance and Deaf Crocodile art is so eye catching.
Speaker 3: I don't see how any of those did to make the top five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's an odd one.
Speaker 2: Especially I'll be quiet, but especially when one of these was so controversial when it was announced Category fourteen Best New Interview. We get an interview on the Hitcher four K with see Thomas Howell, Gregor Rocky, and Richard Link later have a conversation on the Tin Apocalypse trilogy release. Harmony Krinn is interviewed on the Gumo four K, Nicholas Cage interviewed on Bringing Out the Dead, and then Paul Schrader for Touch from Cinematograph.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen any of these, but I think the first one I'm gonna watch is Oh wait, I don't have Bringing out the Dead when I get it, I definitely want to see that, h okay.
Speaker 2: And there was I think the Bringing Out the Dead is one of the Sorry it was one of the Justin Bean behind the scenes stories that he shared of going down into that room with Nicholas Cage and he was just like chill and hang out and being just regular Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 3: It's very.
Speaker 4: Fallow centric list of nominees, But okay, I would agree. I guess that's true film in general.
Speaker 3: New visual essay.
Speaker 2: We got Lindsay Hallam on Inside the Mind of Coffin Joe with their essay Coffin Joe Sadian Underworld Desperate Times, Call for Desperate Measures by Chris O'Neill on Red Rock West from Cinematograph.
Speaker 3: Don't let the title fool you.
Speaker 2: Little Darlings Beyond the Team Sex teen sex comedy by Sam Degan on Little Darlings from Cinematograph. The Kids Aren't All Right by Erica Schultz on Run and Kill for Air forty four forty four and then Tom York Spells The Music of Suspiria by Philip Jeffries on Suspiria four K from Imprint.
Speaker 3: This is a tough category.
Speaker 4: That's a yeah, I don't do.
Speaker 3: Number sixteen.
Speaker 2: Best newly written essay Mary Beth McAndrews on the Blair Witch Project, Erica Schultz on Corpsemania four K from Vinegar Syndrome. We've got Heather Draine on The Hitcher four K from Second Site, Sam Degan again on Trick or Treat from richert Pictures and then Josh Hurtado on Green Room from Second Site.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh yeah, I forgot to mention when we were doing pickups trick or treat nice pretty cool. I haven't read that essay yet, so I'll do that.
Speaker 2: Number seventeen is best new Commentary. We've got Mike Flanagan and Kate Siegel and some of the other cast on Hush four K, Alexander Heller Nicholas on The Hitcher four K, Alexander Heller Nicholas and Josh Nelson on The Blair Witch Project, Chris O'Neil and Erica Schultz on Deep in the Heart from Fun City, and then Kevin Smith doing the commentary on the four thirty movie.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 4: It seems like something messing, but.
Speaker 2: For the record, we were not allowed to win any of these. Number eight seen Best Singlear double feature. We've got The Blair Witch Project from Second Site, the Conan Chronicles from Aero Video, the Hitcher four K from Second Site, Hollywood nine Double Low twenty eight from Grindhouse Releasing, and then looking for Mister Goodbar forty four K from Vinegar Syndrome.
Speaker 3: I'd to say I'm seeing these for the first time, so wow, yeah, some shocking inclusions.
Speaker 4: No, just tough. It's tough.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed that Hollywood nine h two eight made the list here on this one.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a release that people are sleeping on this year for sure.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny. I have every single Grindhouse video releasing except for that. I don't have that yet.
Speaker 3: That's pretty new. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Let's look at number nineteen best Region B release. Here's where it gets nigh impossible to select on some of these. Bellatar A Curzone collection from Curzone, the Blair Witch Project from Second Site, Columbia, Nour number six, the Whistler from Indicator green Room four k from Second Site, the Hitcher four K from Second Site, the Foyade set from Eureka again, Nothing is Sacred, three Heresies by Louis Bnoel from Radiance and then the Third Man four K from Studio Canal.
Speaker 3: How do you choose one of these?
Speaker 4: Don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 2: Well, if Region B isn't difficult enough, Region A all the Haunts Bires Volume two, Frank Capra at Columbia four k from Sony, Hollywood nine h two eight from Grindhouse, The Keep four K from Vinegar Syndrome, Looking for Mister Goodbar four K, Vinegar Syndrome Opera four K seven Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid four K from Criterion, and then the Tenant four K from VS.
Speaker 4: Ryan Gales said they went hard for Nailgun Massacre but didn't didn't get it out of Topple. Thanks for trying.
Speaker 2: Nailga actually almost made it on video restoration upgrade.
Speaker 3: And then uh, there was one more. I can't remember which one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll tell you one thing. I'm glad that it didn't get on here because if if we had lost to the hysteria continues for like best Commentary, I would fucking kill myself.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 4: Oh this is quite a slate.
Speaker 2: Speaking of slates, we've got some more best box sets, all the Haunts of Ours Volume two Frank Caprick Columbia, the die Gothic Japanese ghost Stories from Radiance, Game of Clones from uh Severn, and then the Houses of Doom from Cauldron.
Speaker 3: Got a noun.
Speaker 4: Wow, I don't know what I'm going to say there.
Speaker 2: Then, Actually, speaking of slates, small slate boutique label, so anything that puts out fifteen or less titles, which one of them has the best list of titles that released in twenty twenty four. Deaf Crocodile, Fun City Editions, Connie Manda, Micabro and Second Site all duking out for this one. Yeah, okay, then of course that means large slate boutique is next. We got Aero Video Criterion, Keino, Larber Severn and Vinegar Syndrome. Again nigh impossible to choose Keino kind of cheating putting out two undred and fifty titles a year.
Speaker 4: Man, I feel the tension mounting as I look at these.
Speaker 2: Only a couple left now, best new label Bleeding Skull, cartoona Celluloid Dream, Cinematograph or Great Face Films.
Speaker 3: This is an interesting slate as well. I have a feeling what's gonna win. But that's a good that's a good group. It is a good group for sure.
Speaker 4: So sub labels countess labels.
Speaker 2: Yes, because theoretically they are you know, curated entirely differently. Both of the ones that are sub labels, there are different packaging altogether.
Speaker 4: That's true. I had to get a whole different sized shelf for one of those.
Speaker 3: Uh sorry, Sibner, I cannot agree with that at all. They put out the Case of the Bloody Iris.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, what's the one that's coming Black Belly, the Tarantula, Black.
Speaker 3: Belly, the Transla. And then they also not short Night of Glass Dolls.
Speaker 4: I love Short Night of Glass Dolls. Oh man, well, good for them.
Speaker 3: Then you have best Region B label.
Speaker 2: Whoever focused in Region B, you got arrow, imprint, indicator, radiance and second sight should point out here Umbrella just barely missed making the cutoff here. No Eureka, No Eureka, Eureka did not even get close.
Speaker 3: I gotta yeah.
Speaker 4: But their loose fad box set is all over the place.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: Region A label is Arrow, Criterion, Keno, Severn, Vinegar Syndrome another another tough slate to fight in there.
Speaker 4: Which is ain't loyal. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Then, finally, look at this, dude, best overall release.
Speaker 3: This one has ten nominees to choose.
Speaker 2: From all the Haunts Bars Volume two, The Blair Witch Project, Frank Caprick, Columbia, Game of Clones, Hollywood nine zero two eight, Shasco Volume three, Hit Your four K, The Keep four K, Never Ending Story four K, and then in at the end Trick or Treat four K from Red Shirt and Syneps.
Speaker 4: I will say this, the slate of nominees for Best overaw Release, I think is a great indication of the kind of community that this is. I mean, what other award show is going to put up Frank Capra and Trick or Treat in the same category, yep, or the Never Ending Story and the Game and Bruce Littation. That's amazing. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: That is the fullest of categories.
Speaker 2: Like I said, voting is open for the entire month of January. You can check these out, you know, as you get more of your your December titles in, watch those before you vote because they might be some of your favorites as well. The other couple things you should know is the live show will be on February sixteenth. This is the Sunday after Super Bowl Sunday. We will be live at eight pm Eastern five pm Pacific, and we're gonna be doing giveaways during the show. We're gonna be doing a bunch of other surprises. The award show is treated like a real show that we're gonna have videos be a part of it. People are gonna be posting responses to it. We've got labels that will be reacting to their wins stuff like that. It is gonna be a fun, impressive night, and I hope that you will join us for.
Speaker 4: I want to highlight Craig's comment about not enough people have seen field Day yet. Yeah, you know, and being released in December means that it will be screwed in next year's shelf shop as well. So sad, sad, very sad. But I hope people do see field Day because it's kind of awesome.
Speaker 3: It truly is.
Speaker 2: All right, that was my stuff. Let's get into your wish list first.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think people are getting tired.
Speaker 3: Until a bit two and a half hours, my friend, Well.
Speaker 4: I'll go quick then. Okay, had a very good year last year in terms of movies that had been on DVD, but and then just like suddenly got upgraded, like The Undertaker and his Palace, Like, oh my god. So the Blood Arama Volume two release of the year. I noticed it wasn't nominated for anything. Robbed should have won everything. Never fudo the next generation would come out on four K. Simple Plan of course, the announcement of the new box set from Cauldron that has Black Demons and Simple Plan we got Hawk the Slayers coming out just couldn't have been happier about how things with sex and fury. So I thought I would throw up some titles just in the hopes that, you know, my prayers, my kisses in the wind might lead to some blu ray or four K magic. So first I just want to flash some movies that have Warner brother his logos on him, in the hopes that the archive might finally give us Sergeant Rutledge what he strove. John Ford kind of a big deal, Wuthering Heights, William Wyler, Holy Cow, one of the greatest films ever made, Lawrence Olivier, Wuthering Heights, Marlo o'bron Let's get it, Crush Groove?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding? We did?
Speaker 4: We did a Michael Campus Renaissance Crush Groove. I want to see John Frankenheimer's Great The Gypsy Moths get a restoration, Elia Kazanne. While speaking of Warren Baity mistreating women here he mistreats Natalie Wood Splintering in the Grass Great. And of course we've talked about this one before. You know, Stan and I both love Jay Underwood, the Boy who Could Fly. All of these are Warner Brothers titles. Love to see them upgraded. Be happy to provide any special features.
Speaker 3: Yes please.
Speaker 4: All right, so I haven't even gotten into my regular list. I'm just showing batches, all right. We've been told that this will never happen, but I just want to flash him. You know, Severn did a great service with some William Girdler titles, Day of the Animals, Grizzly. But we're still waiting for Abby, Yes, one of the great Exorcist ripoffs. We're still waiting for Asylum of Satan. That's a something weird video title. Yeah, and we were told to our face that this would never happen, but I'm wishing for it anyway. Three on a meat Hook one of my top ten favorite films of all time, languishing on an Alpha video DVD, which is not a place I would want to languish myself. All right, I'm about to get into the proper list, but I also have to show the Hanso the Razor series. Are you familiar with Hanso the Razor.
Speaker 3: I've not seen anything at length, but I've seen clips of a couple. He's Hanso the Razor. It Tommy the incorruptible and uncompromised, uncompromising samurai cop and he packs a weapon more devastating than any sword, that's his penis. And then you muted yourself. Yeah, I had to cough. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: These are my top movies that I want to come out. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: I can't wait for this?
Speaker 4: Okay. So there's no cover for this one because it's in a box set. Only A very Special Favor starring Rock Hudson and Leslie Carona. I don't even want to tell you what it's about, but it's so hilarious. Okay, I'll tell you. Leslie Corone plays a single professional woman and her dad wants her to be domesticated and married and pumping out babies, so he hires Rock Hudson to seduce his daughter, Leslie Corone. And it's one of the most sexist romantic comedy has ever made. But it's so funny. So what a very special favorite? Speaking of sexism, I want Seven Men from Now, the best Bud Butecker movie, one of the best Lee Marvin performances ever, definitely the best Randolph Scott performance, and Gail Russell is a treasure taken from us too early. Seven Men from Now one of the all time greatest westerns. All Right, I hope people are chiming in, all right.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: Jeremy says, I thought Will said this was gonna be quick. Simonar says, what are we talking about? I'm just kidding. Evan says we are overdue for a Hanso upgrade. And then I don't know if you saw Colton says, planning to watch all of Girdler listeners A Kentucky filmmaker deep dive.
Speaker 4: Well three on the meho will change your life? Why is it the day the Earth stood still out yet?
Speaker 3: That's a damn good question.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'm not the kind of person who says why no four K? But why no four K? Like you can get a better copy of the Keanu Reeves version. Yeah, day the Eurist is still seminal seminal. And you know I would never complain. I would never look at gift Horse in the Mouth. We got such a treasure trove of Doris Wishman movies from AGFA, but one title that was noticeably missing was A Night to Dismember, which has a fantastic commentary by Wishman herself. I'd like to just remember you like to see them keeping it with something weird. One of my favorite Christian anti drug propaganda films, Blood Freak. Love to see Blood Freak get a good release. If you've never seen Blood Freak, you're missing out.
Speaker 3: But the one that tirely requested absolutely.
Speaker 4: Want okay, one of the most important film noir yet to be released, and this is in my public domain.
Speaker 3: Something filmmasters, come on.
Speaker 4: Yeah da Rudolph Mattei's great film d o A.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You thought this was going to be entertaining, but it's just me.
Speaker 3: It's just shouting into the voyage, shouting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. All right, I gotta talk about vibrations for a second. Are you familiar with this movie?
Speaker 3: No? But I see the names, all right.
Speaker 4: Christina Applegate James Marshall of Twin Peaks Fame. Marshall plays a musician who gets attacked by some bullies and his hands are chopped off, so he can't play music anymore, and he gets really depressed, and so Christina Applegate is like quipping, so depressed, you're depressing me. And so Marshall is given some artificial hands and so now instead of shredding on his guitar, he learns how to play rave music on the synthesizers, and so he creates this robotic or this cybertronic persona, and he starts doing raves and garages with his fake hands. And this is awesome. Speaking of Jesus, Franco Zephyrelli's brother, Son's sister Moon, this movie is wonderful. It'll make you a believer. Obi Wan Kenobi plays the Pope. Donovan does the soundtrack. And this is the hippiest Christian movie ever. We love Franco Zephyrelli. No one is under age in this movie. It's okay to like it all right now, it just feels bad. Speaking of child stars taken from Us too soon, Corey Hayne along with Patricia Arquette and Prayer of the roller Boys, a near future dystopia in which drug dealers are all inline skaters who skate information. This is awesome, Prayer the roller Boys. Someone helped me out. Ted V Michaels is probably best known for the Corpse Grinders, but he's almost as well known for Blood Orgy of the She Devils. Come on, people, Blood Orgy of the she Devils. Oh man, earlier, I can't remember who, but somebody asked us what our first masturbation movies were. Tanya's Island. I alluded to this one last month. So it's the second movie by the guy who made Alice, Sweet Alice, and it stars Vanity and it's about a woman in an abusive relationship who finds a new relationship with a gorilla. And it's great. Tanya's Island. Tanya's Island. Okay, halfway there. Speaking of Corey Haim, you've probably you're probably familiar with just one of the guys, but have you seen just one of the girls. This is actually a good movie and it has a lot to say about gender. Corey Ham pretends to be a lady years before Rob Schneider.
Speaker 3: Did it tastefully, I mean more.
Speaker 4: Okay, Thomasine and bush Rod, come on.
Speaker 3: Half of these movies do does sound real?
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, this is one of the great all right, this is a Max Julian film, Western, modern western. This is fantastic.
Speaker 3: Needs a release, Craig says, more than a half almost done.
Speaker 4: I'm getting there. Don't forget Lady about Ladybugs, the film that Quentin Tarantino doesn't want you to see. He wants you to see that Raypee Porno, but he doesn't want you to see City on Fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a big one.
Speaker 4: A real big one, ring a lamb. Why no four K? City on Fire? All right? Okay, okay, yeah, doing this next time? Going to Thailand. Here's the Black Tiger. Are you familiar with this one?
Speaker 3: I've heard the name.
Speaker 4: It's a taie spaghetti western love story that will make you weep. It is impossible to watch this movie without crying. But you're also going to laugh a lot because the spaghetti western parts are hilarious.
Speaker 3: Spaghetti western if it's tie, do.
Speaker 4: You see the cover?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well it's a time movie, but it's it's this. It's a spoof of spaghetti westerns part partly, but it's also like a yeah, this like romance, this domed romance that's super said as gorgeous, the like this need this really needs a four K because the colors, the compositions. This is one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. Pad Thaie Western Craig's awesome Tears of the Black Tiger. I thought everybody would have seen this one. I almost didn't show this because I figured it was on everybody's list. Seriously, you'll know Tears of the Black Tiger. Okay. Great. Strangely enough, given the times we're in and given the fact that twenty twenty four was the thirtieth anniversary, we need PCU, which is completely unavailable. It's not streaming, it's only available on an out of print DVD, which I have. This is nineteen ninety four, a sort of satire of political correctness. David Spade, Jessica Walters, Jeremy Piven, Jon Favreau. This is a great, great comedy, super fun and if you're if you came of age in the eighties and nineties, it's absolutely great. Two things in the commentary. In the comments, Flickering Waves is correct, the Gorilla was made by Rick Baker and Robert Botten, and Sidner mentioned.
Speaker 3: The great c.
Speaker 4: Thomas Howell, Ray Dawn Chong, James Earl Jones film soul Man. Instead, It's not in my pile. I've failed. It was in my pile. I actually cut like thirty titles. Jesus all right, five left, five left, five left. I'm gonna go in order of how much I want. Jeremy Piven, his his, his Dad's like a talent agent, so that's how he got started. B Monkey Michael Radford film starring Rupert Everett and Ossia Argento. This movie is pretty awesome. It's kind of like an erotic thriller.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good stuff. Looks like a prequel to m Butterfly. Could be, could be? Yeah, Oscio Argenta, Rupert Everett, Sagan Suzuki's final film, which stars saying cz from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Princess Raccoon. We all love Sage and Suzuki, do we not?
Speaker 3: Was that rhetorical? Okay? Yes? Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Princess Raccoon three left speaking speaking of Sidney J. Fury Detention Dolph Lungren. Of course, Dolph Lungren trapped. A terrorist has shut down a school, and Dolph Lungeren must infiltrate it through the crack in the world. This movie is dope. Detention needs a new addition, all right, my final two h this is like My White Whale Midnight Madness. Yes, okay, now we're in familiar territory.
Speaker 3: Come on, it's a big deal.
Speaker 4: We need this, We need this.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, you see the reason why that will never be released, probably.
Speaker 4: Because it's MG. Wait, No, it's Disney, right.
Speaker 3: It's Disney. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well they released the Scarlet Witch, the WandaVision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's modern. They want to make money off of that.
Speaker 4: Well, I just feel like.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping there's bootlegs. Are that out there?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't need a bootleg, I've got the DVD. I want a better addition, some people are mentioning Kindergarten Cop two, which does start Dolph Lungren and he is undercovering a Montessory school and it's kind of hilarious. It's a great scene where he unpacks his lunch and he has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. All right. My last one is the one that actually have the most hope for because it's a trauma licensed title. I've mentioned it before. Merchants of Death starring PJ. Souls William Smith. This movie is amazing. It has a climactic battle between a good guy and a bad guy in which the good guy is whipping him with a whip and saying, ooh, you like that, don't you. It's amazing. Merchants of Death is my favorite trauma licensed title that has not yet been released, even more so than Wizards of the Demon Sword the Fred Owner ray film.
Speaker 3: All right, that's it.
Speaker 2: I want to at least some so all through out there cecil be demented.
Speaker 3: How do we not have that yet? How do do we not have Pecker yet?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say not to mention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are two pretty damn big ones. I you know we've had in teas as possibly coming from Indicator, and then the rumor is that this is off completely.
Speaker 2: Where is California Split? I know that's one people have wanted for quite some time. Another big one from when I was younger, Dead Presidents obviously is on a lot of people's list of like, hey, this absolutely needs to be on Blue After after he's gotten so much love?
Speaker 3: Where is the Dark Backward?
Speaker 2: I know that Adam Rifkin has hit or missed for a lot of people, but that's one that we we certainly should have. Yeah, I would love to see the original House Party on Blu Ray.
Speaker 3: I know it doesn't mean that it's well, let me start that over.
Speaker 2: I know it likely will not happen, but I would love to see the modern Soderberg Kimmi out on some sort of physical media release.
Speaker 3: Really enjoyed that movie. A couple of years ago, but it's just a Hulu film, so probably not gonna happen at all. Gosh, there's so many more of these that could do well, like The Night Flyer. I know that's one that people want, and it's related Stephen King. How do we not have that yet?
Speaker 4: Prom Night two, three and four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a big one, especially too obviously.
Speaker 2: I moderate the Screen Factory group on Facebook, and I would love to see somebody put out Carnosaur just so I can see people stop begging for it.
Speaker 4: Carnoisaur. Oh and any number of Jim One Norski movies that have not yet known of course.
Speaker 3: Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just out of a random selection, only one Blue Ray Sports Riss, which Snat's put out. But we've got Hard Bounty, Pandora Project, The Assault, Stormtrooper, Militia Rangers, Final Voyage, Desert Thunder a Blaze, I can go on.
Speaker 2: Last thing I'll mention is we had a couple of spoof films that I loved when I was younger, Like, how do we not have Spy Hard.
Speaker 3: On Blu Ray yet? I'd be damn good for me. I'd love that. Yeah. I think that's it from that list.
Speaker 4: Dear god, you do what. I watched a couple of weeks ago, No Vampires Suck, Oh geez, and I read I read about it and it said that the guys who made it, like every movie they make is awful and everybody hates them. And I watched it and it was awful, and I hated it in the mood for a parody movie. But they don't. They don't make them like these too.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's absolutely true, speaking of not making things like they used to.
Speaker 3: The year in review.
Speaker 2: I know there's a couple of things that we've wanted to discuss as like highs and lows from twenty twenty four one of the big things. And I know that this is sort of discussed at length by everybody and look down upon.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm kind.
Speaker 2: Of really tired of the whole cardboard war, going on limited editions, getting stuck with, you know, releases just to get a hard box release or a slipcover that doesn't really enhance what we're getting in any way.
Speaker 3: I mean, you and I discussed this list this week.
Speaker 2: I would love to see a label take a staunch stand and say it would be swell to put out a limited edition where the only thing that's limited about is like maybe a disc with a few extra bonus features. Would people still buy that?
Speaker 3: That's the biggest question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, this is something that I've been harping on for a while, like, and I think other people who produce supplemental features will say the same thing, you know. And I don't blame labels for this. Most labels don't have a whole lot of extra cash to throw around, right, you know, for people who write and produce audio commentaries and visual essays and interviews and stuff and essays and written essays, the pay is very low across the board, and it's not reflected in the price of the the price of the release, I don't think. Whereas a slipcover adds between two and five dollars, some kind of wenticular thing adds ten.
Speaker 3: Bucks sometimes, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: And people clamor for it and get upset when they miss out on the slips. And I would really like to see a label say, you know what, you can get a bare bones edition that has this great restoration, or even a four K restoration for X price point. You can get an addition that's got commentary and interviews and visual essays for X price point and you can get you know, a deluxe one with the cardboard if you want, I guess.
Speaker 3: And that one, make that one like forty dollars more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I wonder if people really value the supplemental features enough to pay for them and incentivize companies to invest more in them. I was just telling you the day the other day, right, I listened to an audio commentary that a boutique label put on a new release, and it was so insultingly bad that I got angry. Like the person doing the commentary was actively said, you know what, you're gonna hear a lot of like silent parts because it's really a chore to fill up ninety minutes. And I'm like, you, motherfucker, you know, like we write this stuff.
Speaker 3: And that was an expensive release too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so you know, I recognized that there's some variance in the quality of supplemental features, but if you were actually paying for them, then labels would have more incentive to be discerning about who they worked.
Speaker 2: With and not only you know, paying for them, but also giving feedback on them, letting letting labels know, hey, we appreciate seeing this contributor. And this isn't even just talking about Will or anybody with SFP. We're at the point where some of these people are you know, asked to do a commentary and their.
Speaker 3: Will wasn't kidding.
Speaker 2: Some of the places that pay for commentaries are literally like a couple dollars an hour for the amount of work that we do on some of these commentaries, and it is crazy that there are so many people that just play never hear them. And for the people that it's important to, I'm glad that it's important to you, But most people would rather pay seven dollars more to get a slipcover than a dollar more to get a well informed, properly researched audio commentary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I would like to talk more. Maybe next month we can talk about the different the evolution of audio commentaries over the past twenty five years, which I think is really interesting and which has been a subject of some controversy in the commentary world over the past few years. So we'll save that for the February show. But yeah, you know, this goes back to I'm sure a lot of people or maybe some people listened to Mike from Grindhouse Video kind of weigh in on the cardboard war wars and supplemental features in his live stream. What was it two weeks ago?
Speaker 3: It was December fifteenth, If you want to go back and watch the live stream over on the Grindhouse Video YouTube channel.
Speaker 4: And he talks about some other stuff that I'm not going to comment on because I think you don't need my opinion. Just listen to Mike and look around on Reddit. But I was really intrigued to hear his perspective on packaging versus supplemental features and look, I like a nice slip cover, and I raved about the special edition packaging that, for example, def Crocodile has and Snaps has similar packaging. I just held up Trick or Treat a few minutes ago, like that's really cool. I don't mind a little extra for a package that really looks nice on the shelf, and I don't know, adds a touch of class to it. But to me, the supplemental the like number one is the movie itself, and number two is the supplemental features that helped me to learn about the movie or abouts in the movie, and the packaging is the least important, which is one of the reasons I probably have so many Kino titles, right, they don't. They just started putting slipcovers on recently, and they're not like anything special, So I don't know. I saw Craig made a comment earlier that like a lot of people don't even.
Speaker 3: Watch the movies.
Speaker 4: They just get the package and put it on a shelf.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: And you know, I guess, I mean, you need, you need. Anybody who's going to buy something for any reason is good for a company. So I'm not I don't know what they're doing, but great, I'm glad they're buying stuff. But oh yeah, and I want to say that too. I also love the idea that commentaries can come out as podcasts so that people can listen to them without necessarily having to be tied to the living room where they're where they're watching the movie. I think any kind of innovation that allows people to access the features in as many ways as possible, whether through transcripts or through podcasts or whatever. But you know, one of the points that Mike was making, and I hope he's wrong about this, and he said he hopes he was wrong, wrong about this. He's on the kind of this this industry has about five years left, he's in that camp. But he said that, you know, he felt like one of the reasons is that there's this is that the cardboard wars are pricing people out of the hobby. And so you go back to we mentioned the price of virtuosity and Congo. You know, like, if it cost fifty bucks to get a copy of Congo, what are we? Uh, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: And that's that's the thing with stuff like that. Do we really need a movie in a case, in a slip in a box with a fancy ribbon to pull it out with a big you know, there's so much that goes into that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, And it's funny because Severn has some of the most intricate pat packaging around, like Kathy's Curse for example. But I know David Gregory hates it, he says, so every time he gets a chance. And I remember back in the day, when you know, I would get shouting scream factory stuff with the little flimsless flimsy slipcovers on him. I'd throw those away, you know, because they would just get dinged up, you know, and look kind of bad. So I don't, you know, I don't know the answer to any of this stuff. The point of the rant is I wish people valued the supplemental features more in general, the commentaries and the visual essays, because those are the those are the things that add real value to the movie. You know, the packaging is nice, but it doesn't have anything to do with anything.
Speaker 3: I also think it's important to kind of highlight the word choice that you just make, which is supplemental features. When we're constantly market marketing THEEDS as bonus features or special features, it doesn't really show you what these features actually can do. And one of the things that we've tried to do with all of the someone's favorite production stuff that we've done is genuinely is the visual essay or commentary that we're providing is it increase the value of the film that you purchased. And so far we've been able to say for everything that that's that's the case. Obviously, text essays and written essays are the same. And I've you know, been trying to lobby for years for all these boutique labels. Instead of just hiding, you know, those those written essays for the first thousand releases that sell, can we you know, release those as a PDF after those limited editions sell out so that everybody can access them. If somebody put the time into research something for weeks and you paid them, I don't know, a couple hundred dollars for a written essay, and now only a thousand people have it, and out of those thousand, how many are even going to read it. Many of us want to be able to read it and didn't get it on release day and now it's gone on the website. We'd love to be able to read it. I'm just thinking about the fact that.
Speaker 4: If a thousand people read a booklet essay, that would be more than I bought my to w Oper book.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fuck me.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: I see a lot of interesting comments in the chat that add a lot of important perspectives to the conversation. Fomo fears over extending oneself as a collector, which I'm certainly guilty of some costs. They are like, well, I might teach this one day, or I might need it for research for a book or something where sometimes I'll justify it like well, if I buy it on sale and then watch it and don't like it, I can sell it and make back most of the money I spent, which sometimes happens, but usually the stuff just stays on the shew. And some people are super into supplemental features. Some people are like, I never try them. Some people we know have started trying them for the first time. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I don't know what to say about it except that I wish that, and I mean it would take I don't know some companies, I guess some companies I guess place more value on supplementals than others and promote them more. I mean, certainly there are certain there are some names that we all know. Ye Stan says, I should require people to buy my book if you require a fun fact, if a professor requires students to buy the book that they wrote, they have to go through a very cumbersome conflict of interest uh administrative process. Good well, okay, except if you hire me to teach a subject that I'm an expert in, and I wrote the book that I'm an expert on the subject that I'm an expert on. Shouldn't that be the books? Why would I Why would I be like, I'm an expert on this. But you know, you don't have to read the expert thing that I wrote. You can just read this other fucking idiot. It's kind of it's kind of, but the really the only people the professors who abused that stuff for the STEM people. Uh. I know this is off off topic, but if you're in pology, you take a math or a science course, you have to you have to buy some book that costs like one hundred and fifty bucks and it has some like computer program associated with it, and the professor who wrote that book is going to write a new forward for it every couple of years so that they can get a new addition and a new computer program associated with it, so that you can never get a used book or reuse something. They're the ones, the science and math people are the ones that gouge students. The humanities people are like, oh, you can buy my book used, you know, no big deal. The important thing is that you get something out of it. We screw ourselves.
Speaker 3: Here's the site to pirate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, well it's like this. It's it's like working for you know, not just people who make supplemental features, but the people who run the boutiques themselves. They're like, none of them are making millions of dollars. No, and not even Vinegarson.
Speaker 2: We definitely want to, you know, point out that we do understand, like costs are going up on everything. I mean even multiple of the boutiques that we've talked about tonight in one way or another license from Paramount, and Paramount is going through some changes right now, and their licensing prices are going up because everything is more expensive nowadays, and so stuff like that is difficult. And I get that proper restoration, you know, getting updates from Craig on some of the films that he's restoring, and how much work goes into these frame by frame by frame. It's a lot of work, and that's people just I don't know that there's good things to support and are worth that money, But do we need to put fifteen dollars into a release just to have a hard box and a slipcover and magnets involved? And I don't know, Like I have a Chess Franco tree topper.
Speaker 3: Why do I have that? I know that you're going to push on the head, but you.
Speaker 4: Know it's funny, I don't have that. I looked at the price and I was like, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I want it, Yeah, yeah, you know you for twice retail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I mean, I like, I like fancy packaging. I do, I just don't think it should be valued more highly than the the supplementals. And it requires an investment on the not not not just a monetary investment, but a UH an investment of UH marketing to increase people's interest in supplemental features. You know, Like, I don't know about you. I don't get controversial, but I really hate sexists. And I'm going to relate. I'm going to somehow yoke what I'm talking about to women's sports. So hear me out for a second. I'll go fast. So people like Megan Rappino, right, and professional women's soccer talk a lot about pay equity. The w NBA talks a lot about pay equity, right, and they're constantly getting pushedback from from people, mostly men, who are like, well, nobody watches.
Speaker 3: So you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't. You're not as valuable as male athletes because you don't make it bring in as much revenant.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, but the reason right that we all watch men's soccer and men's basketball and men's this and then's that is because of decades of marketing and investment and publicity and then putting this product in front of us and saying here it is. Watch you know, college football and care about it. Watch college basketball and care about it, and watch professional whatever. If that same amount of investment and time were put into women's sports, and as we are beginning to see, there will be an increase in interest, right, And we've definitely seen that over the last year with Caitlin Clark and some of the other ones. Yes, Angel Reis, she's great. I love her, and so I look at I look at supplemental features kind of in the same principle, right, because because they haven't been uh emphasized and highlighted and marketed. And sometimes, right, some stars will break through. Right. We all know Sam Dee, and we know we know people like Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson and Howard Berger and and and so on, Right, But a lot of times they break through because of their own efforts, not because of promotion from the labels.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It's because they do the podcasts and they're prolific, and they gain a reputation for quality, and they've become such a familiar name because every release has their damn name on it.
Speaker 2: They literally are building a brand right. That's how they're writing books and helping with documentaries and starting patreons and doing all of those things to make sure that you see, all of their hard work goes into all of this.
Speaker 4: Right, and a lot of them are doing it without additional support from the labels. And I hope that begins to hope that I hope that you know, and I think one of the points of someone's favorite productions is to build connections and collaborate among so many of these writers and producers and researchers.
Speaker 3: And labels too, labels so that.
Speaker 4: The work gets more valued, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's yeah, that's where we'd love to see promotion, you know, we get we get a trailer for a film coming out in a release, how about a trailer for some of the features, you know, make it a minute long highlight your favorite part, you know, if you're working at a label, highlight the favorite part of a commentary, a couple stills from a visual essay, or you know, play twelve seconds of it.
Speaker 3: That's your IP.
Speaker 2: Now you're the label, make that into a to a supplemental trailer that you can put on social media and get people going, oh, I get this stuff too. Instead of just reading about what it is. Now I can see what those are added to the main trailer. Yeah, yeah, make a five minute trailer.
Speaker 3: We'd love to see that.
Speaker 4: In a world where Ryan Vril and Will Dodson talk about cats having sex.
Speaker 6: Stato miosochism is on the rise. Yeah, you know the cruel thing too.
Speaker 2: That is not really a part of this, but actually should be highlighted. One of the highlights of like Canada in nineteen eighty three, the government helped fund some of these pieces of entertainment and so that alone got things made. Japan right now is doing that. They have an entertainment fund that they're filling into things like home video. And if we had stuff like that coming all the way down from the government or at the state level or whatever, where they could actually help supplement costs for things that enlighten and encourage the education through art, a lot of this stuff would be so much better.
Speaker 3: I mean, the fact that we have national.
Speaker 2: Archives literally choosing what films to restore based on how soon they're likely to explode is a prob right, I mean that sentence alone, that's that's scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure that the NEA and are going to have super robust budgets over the next few years, so we can maybe apply for some grants. It is funny to think about the fact that David Cronenberg's like first five or six films were paid for by by Canadian tax dollars.
Speaker 3: And now armpit vaginas are out there for the world to see. Ah, that's a better place for it. I love Rabbit, that's a great movie. Great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know, and uh, well, I'm not even going to get into the economics of streaming, which has absolutely gutted.
Speaker 4: The film industry.
Speaker 2: And again, you know, we started tonight talking literally about positivity. This is not all meant to be negative. It's just literally, this is all about our love for this stuff. We want this tove, this.
Speaker 4: Is what we want to see happen, this is this is what should should happen. Let's celebrate some of these people, you know, like, let's celebrate uh Kat Ellinger, Let's celebrate Howard Berger. Let's celebrate Sam Deagan and all the other great researchers and writers and commentators. You know, it's there's an it's it's hard, it's not easy at all. And when you hear a bad commentary, holy shit, you know.
Speaker 2: And I wasn't really going to say this, but maybe I should. One of the things that I think that we've kind of done best as we've done this whole someone's favorite thing for last year and a half is visual essays are some of the most hit or miss items on these releases across the board. Some of them are pure garbage. They are not good in any sense of the word, and we are really trying to make it so what we put on the disc is going to make you look at the film afterwards in a completely different light and enjoy it more. I genuinely think everything that we've put out for a visual essay is educational or exciting or innovating in a couple different ways.
Speaker 3: Some of them.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've even done essentially many documentaries on quite a few of these. The Jack Arnold piece on Film Masters essentially a documentary, and that alone is better than I don't know, like a four minute sizzle reel.
Speaker 3: That they call a visual essay. That's that's not a visual essay.
Speaker 2: That's just kind of like fun editing, sure, but that's not nobody's looking at that for supplementing the feature that you're putting on the disc.
Speaker 4: I've seen some recently that have upset me greatly. I don't want to name the label or the essay, but oh my god. I mean there's been stuff I've seen that have maybe want to like I'm done. I'm never gonna want I'm done with this. I wasted my money, I'm selling it, you know.
Speaker 2: Likewise, I've seen visual essays in the last few months that I've watched and said I'm done with this.
Speaker 3: I could never do that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there are so many great pieces out there as well, but like some of these labels, I fear like, are you even like holding yourself to a standard on some of these too, or telling the people that you hire like this could be better, This isn't that good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think that's that kind of quality control would benefit from from increasing the sort of marketing and publicity around the supplemental features. Yeah, but I mean, like some some labels do it almost to a fault. Like every everything that Terror Vision releases has so many supplemental features that I'm just like, what.
Speaker 2: And that's That's what I'm getting at, Like, that's the bar nowadays. If you look at something from def Crocodile from like we talked about tonight, Saturn's Core Canadian International Pictures are blows.
Speaker 3: All of these.
Speaker 2: Labels that they look at a filmmaker and say, well, do you happen to have seventeen short films that we could have?
Speaker 3: Did you ever do any music videos? Is? You know?
Speaker 2: Can we interview seven people attached to this movie and try to compress it all into this disc And the fact that we get those is incredible. And then we get stuff that you're paying like forty three dollars for a Blu ray for a film that isn't like really well restored, and you get a bad commentary and a visual essay that's six minutes of somebody telling you the Wikipedia article on the director.
Speaker 4: Essentially, Yeah, that would be bad.
Speaker 3: I hate those releases.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you whoever owns the rights to Vibrations, if you want the greatest commentary that has ever been written, we are here for you.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that was such a good transition.
Speaker 4: This is uh, this was not supposed to be this long.
Speaker 3: That's what she said.
Speaker 4: Any other things, you know what, that's what That's what anybody in my radio said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sivenar wants to know why is the studio like shout putting out something like The Holdovers that was nominated for Best Picture, and all we get is like three interviews with the Craft Service people for five minutes the hard part. And I mean this is kind of across the board for a lot of these extras. A lot of the labels just don't have a lot of money, and so if people are like, yeah, we'll do it, but we have to be paid for our time, suddenly that makes the interviews impossible.
Speaker 4: Well, isn't isn't the Holdovers just like some people staying in a college and eating in the cafeteria for a month. I would think Craft Services would actually be a good interview for that one. Okay, that was good, that was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean there are some filmmakers right who were like, I don't want any commentaries or I don't want any supplemental features because of quality control. Right, They're worried some asshole like me is gonna get hired to talk about Inland Empire for three hours, And David Lynch is like, I don't want Will Dodson to talk about Inland Empire and have people think that that's what it means.
Speaker 2: Right, And then you get that's fine. Another thing to rant about. I guess, like how thankless some of this is shout out right now. Daniel Kramer, who twice this year in twenty twenty four put out his own commentaries only him for two films that were over three hours long. That is one terrifying and two so much more work than people have any idea about. It is crazy that he is able to.
Speaker 3: Put in that much time.
Speaker 2: He's an incredible filmmaker, but the stuff that he's doing, it is really hard to keep up the pace with with people that are excellent at it like that. And that's why I appreciate you. You're incredible at what you do.
Speaker 4: Thank you for saying that. You know what we should do is we should we should see about organizing some panels of producers at some conventions.
Speaker 2: You know already been discussed about behind the scenes, we're looking at some of the stuff. Yeah, we would love to wed love to highlight some of this for sure.
Speaker 4: Maybe pop by people's tables and hosts some q and as and mingle with aficionados of cinema.
Speaker 2: I mean, even just to like show everybody how much work I you know, have Sam Degan sit down and show how much reseharts, how much research goes into one title, like Tonight we annow something that she's doing a visual essay and a commentary on one film. I mean you you probably could almost write a book on everything that she gathered for that film.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. I went at the Carolina fear Fest something like that with some con that was in North Carolina and me and John Daley went there because Ryan and Chloe's Grave Face were doing a terror vision table and it was right after Door two had come out, and I think Nail gun Masacer was out also, Yes, both of those were out and they're on display, and you know, chicks would come by the table and I'd be like, no, gun Mascer, that's me, and they would call security and but no, Like it would be cool, right to have you know, people who do substance to the visual essays and uh and commentaries kind of be at at at cons and and have that and and be like, hey, you know, if you come to the television table, we'll have a couple of people who produced extras. For the extras, that's one of the words we don't like to say, who produce supplemental features for such an much I'm not saying we have to give autographs or anything, but to be able to like talk to people about like, oh yeah, we did this whole point. It's part of selling the product, like here's one of the things. Here's some things you'll learn if you check out nail Gun Massacre. And also you can listen to two tracks by the Hysteria Continues if you need help falling asleep. I like the way you've never say any they want to mention them by name.
Speaker 2: It's been a fun talk and an important talk.
Speaker 4: Good segue.
Speaker 2: Will three and a half hours or anything else you want to you want to bring up tonight.
Speaker 4: Good luck everybody. You know it's going to be an interesting year. Some shit's going down. Take care of yourselves and each other. Great man said that once.
Speaker 2: Lots of great things happening behind the scenes. Can't wait to share more on those. Will and I keep laughing about this. But the first commentary we ever did together is still not been announced, and that is hopefully happening very soon. So we'll see about that, and then we can finally share the story about how all of SFP even started to begin.
Speaker 4: With what these days?
Speaker 3: As I mentioned earlier, if you are.
Speaker 2: All interested in carrying on conversations like this, join the Disconnected Patreon link for that is a description below. Come be in the discord twenty four to seven like many of us are.
Speaker 3: We'd love to have you. Looking forward to the rest of the month.
Speaker 2: We've got some fun guests lined up, some returners that people seem to enjoy that I've been on in quite some time. Other than that, be safe. I know it's about to be super like winter vortex across much of the US. So if you're in the line of that, good luck, because supposedly I'm about to get like a foot of snow.
Speaker 3: No, thank you.
Speaker 4: You know what else would be good? Four K restoration the ring Master.
Speaker 3: I love on that note, Thank you Will for tonight. We'll see all next week and if you want more of doctor Will Dotson, check the links of the description and we'll we'll be on in the next month.
Speaker 4: We'll see back the times.
Speaker 2: Say thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 3: Tell me.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Hello, This is Chris Haskell from They Live by Film. For those that don't know us, Adam Zach and I we built a podcast over the last two years that's a combination of film discussion from three very different perspectives, as well as industry interviews with the leaders in Boutique, Blu Ray, and four Kade community. We started with dev Crocodile, but over time we've been lucky enough to speak with Errow Video, Severn, Mondo, Micabro, Vinegar Syndrome, Radiant Syndicator, most of the OCN partner labels. It's been a blast. You can find us wherever you podcast and also actually recently is part of Someone's Favorite Production Podcast Network. We hope to see you online.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network. Please select the link in the description.