Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Welcome, welcome, welcome to Calling All Beings Dean episode. We have the awesome DJ backstage, the awesome Terry.
Speaker 3: Busy sorry, boozy Beauty.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm the one that's a little boozed and the beautiful st And now for my Spanish speaking crown, Layama tries present programa. The Yamando says, so without further ado, let's bring up DJ.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Can I get it?
Speaker 4: Man and man pre Calling All Beings A my homie right there, Beatrice, the host of this joint, All right, who's next?
Speaker 3: All right, let's bring up Terry.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it. There she goes.
Speaker 5: Good evening everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh what happened to my applause? It faded out there? She goes good evening Terry? Right here? All alright, alright, alright, who do we got next?
Speaker 3: All right, we got next? We have Boozy Beauty.
Speaker 1: There we go. Now we talk.
Speaker 2: And up next, hold on, go ahead, right now, bring up the beautiful ass.
Speaker 1: My dean home girls, Thank you, thank you, everybody appreciate you guys. All right, all right, uh, we just want to say hello to everybody in the chap before we kick this thing. Off and kind of give the rules of engagement here. So let's see. We got Sherry D's here. I got an amen from Sherry D. What's up?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Tima is in the house. Hello, who's this Dragonfly? What's going on? Homie? I know, yeah, I haven't seen dragonfly. Reality check is in the building a net? What's going on? Home girl? You? We love you? Deborah Holmes And to Deborah is only one thing we can say? What's up? Homes like that? Everybody they're like, DJ, shut up? All right? Who else we got? All right? So Kevin Hi, Kevin Ce. Welcome or welcome back if you've been here before. Oh, and this is where where this is where Judge BEV does all the rulings right, not an open court inside by so uh Marjorie, I know I've seen you here before. Good evening, And Melanie, she's a member. Good evening. By the way, we're doing the member roundtable will be the week after next. Next week is my bald head of brother Jason Broyles. And then we're gonna have the members slash listener round table. If somebody wants in it, we'll see if we can get you in. And I know miss Jessica gonna be in here, be kinder than necessary, Isn't that right? Terry? Right?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I love that me too. There's so many creative ones. I love Suis Sponte, who's always in in the chat with h with Melanie Little uh, the greatest content creator of them all. All right? Uh And and he said, I'm literally in tears seeing my two besties up there. I've miss seeing their faces so much. Yeah, I second that motion. Uh, your honor and this this lady right here, big ups for please pass the pepper because she's supporting so many of us in all his content creators. So thank you, thank you so much. All right, I'll let me turn it home.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Who doggies? Oh man? Yeah, please one love to the doggies.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know we're very pet friendly here. We and have the FKR Cat Club led by Meredith O'Neill. So all right, I got to turn it over to my homegirl right now, the host of this joint, Beatrice. What up? Beatrice?
Speaker 3: All right? So we're going to get started. So we're going to go around in a circle.
Speaker 2: So we'll start with Terry, I keep messing up your name, Boothy A beauty SD and DJ.
Speaker 5: O dog.
Speaker 2: All right, starting with Terry, So tell us about your experience at Dean.
Speaker 7: Okay, I've been on the I was on the board of trustees at Dean for twenty nine years. I started in nineteen ninety four and I retired about a year ago. And I don't know if many of you know what the role of a board a trustee person is, but our duties are to preserve the college's mission. That's our number one duty. We have financial responsibility setting the budget. We don't manage the college. We hire a president and we took president to run the college. We serve as a bridge to the community. We evaluate the performance of the president. We have the fiduciary responsibility for the for the college, for the investments, the endowment, and a big part of the role of a trustee is fundraising. So that's that's what I've been doing for twenty nine years. When I reached the age of eighty, I told him I wanted to retire because I had other things to do. So they asked me to stay on another year, and I did. And at that point I got involved in Karen Reid movement, and so I said I really had to leave Dean. Then because I just couldn't do both things at the same time and time commitment, and I felt twenty nine years, you know, it was time for someone else to take over. But it was a wonderful experience, wonderful twenty nine years. We're the best board of trustees, magnificent people and for twenty nine years it was a pleasure to serve there.
Speaker 1: Nice and can I just follow up with one thing? So the president now his name is Mark President, is it boys?
Speaker 5: Okay? He's the interim president. Now. I left.
Speaker 7: When I first went on the board, we a president had just left and I was on the selection committee and we hired the most awesome president that we had for twenty seven years, doctor Paula Rooney, and she brought the college. You know, we went from a junior college to a four year institution and from a nine million dollar endowment to a forty fifty million dollar endowment. So she did wonderful things for the school. And when she announced her retirement, that's when I said, I, you know, it was time for me to leave. I wasn't leaving because she left, but what we were kind of in it for the whole twenty seven years she was on there, so you know we have we have to give much thanks to doctor Roney because she brought the school so far. The other interesting thing is the mission of the school. When I first came on, it's still the mission of the school. And I talked to President Interim President Boise the other day and he assured me that we were we were continuing to do that, we were continuing with our original mission, and he's he's excited. I told him I was going to be on and that we were going to be talking about Dean and he's very much interested in engaging the alumni to a much greater degree as we go forward. So I think you'll all be hearing more from him.
Speaker 1: Thank you, President Boyce, You're going to see some money coming your way this year from this kid. I also want to say to hello to the Dinos in the chat and if we're not speaking with you directly, the nature of the roundtable is such that we're going to go in a circular pattern. And I protesting all the time my girl so but love would love her. So the nature of the round table is such that we're gonna be going in a circular pattern when we get through this formatted portion of this quickly thing about that where we're gonna speak about Dean, we're also going to reflect on Dean at the end, and in between we're gonna do the Karen Reid roundtable. But after that it's gonna be a free for all pillow fight. So hopefully Terry has some like feather pillows, so if she smacks him over the head, the feathers are going, yeah there you go there already. And then we're going to engage with you guys in the chat and anything that that you want to say or talk about. I see someone say, Peter. If Peter Murphy's in here, I'm a freak out because that's my boy.
Speaker 5: Coming in tonight.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, from one brother to another, I love you, Peter. All right, let's go now, Beatrice, go ahead, man.
Speaker 3: All right, So up next is Boozy Beauty. Tell me about your experience at Dean.
Speaker 8: Okay, well it's not as impressive as Terry's. I'm just gonna outright bloss.
Speaker 6: That's hard one to full up with DJ. Yeah, I know, he's like good. Okay.
Speaker 8: So I I was originally scouted for Dean for dance because I had been in a dance program for sixteen years, and dance and soccer unfortunately don't mesh too well. You can't do both. You can't do both because I also did soccer for sixteen years. So I ended up having to drop the dance program because I couldn't do both. So but yeah, so I did two years there and then I ended up transferring out to UMass Boston and Dean was actually the amount of people staying on campus was the same amount of my graduating high school class, so it was really small for me. It was a bit of a culture shock to me. They always say small towns, everyone knows you.
Speaker 6: It is true. It is true. Everyone on Dean College campus knew what everyone else was doing, good and bad. So it was fun. Though. It was a bit of a culture shock, but it was a good time. So yeah, all right, that's the year up next. Mine's a little long, Well I could make it short, it doesn't be long, all right. So first I just want to say Dean Dean College basically saved my life flat out. I wasn't sure exactly how I wanted to progress my dancing career, I guess you would say, And then to know that there was like a dance program, right in the same town that I mean here, I am doxing myself at the same time. When I grew up in was amazing because my father was very sick at the time. He was actually where's the tissues? He was actually in liver failure. And I didn't want to even go to college. I knew he was dying and very sick, and I didn't want to go to any other college. And Dean happened to be right there, and it was a blessing. I got to continue doing what I loved and studying it. The path was that I wanted to open up my own dance studio and be a dance teacher, continue doing what I love. Unfortunately, during my.
Speaker 5: Junior year.
Speaker 6: Wait it goes freshman, it was sophomore year. The second year. Sorry you did teach me about that second year, my father did pass and along with myself, I lost my identity. I lost I was a daddy's girl and I didn't even I didn't know how to function. But going back to Dean and being able to go on that dance floor and be around all the other dancers, my friends, was my outlet. It was where I could instead of being in my grief constantly. It was a way of being able to focus on my passion still and knowing that he so very much loved and enjoyed watching me dance, went to every dance recital. He was always the woe with the flowers, such a big deal out of it more and being able to stick with it at Dean and the community there that helped me through it too, because they were like, take two weeks off, we understand, and everybody even showed up for the wake, my father's wake in funeral, it was just like, oh my God, like this community and first studying, I was able to even choreograph a routine dedicated to my father, which I was able to go through so many different emotions through the choreography, which it was a modern routine, which was my favorite, and just using that to express how I really did feel, because I wanted the world to know, like hello world, my father, my number one hero in this planet passed away. Like who's able to do that? But I was able to do that through choreographing for people to see and express it that way and get it out that way. It was an amazing, amazing tool. I mean, I can't say any more about my experience at Dean than saving my life because I could have I could have been lost and went to things to self medicate myself. But instead I had a community that lifted me up, embraced me. And then it was the same year that they said, oh, we're turning this into a four year program. You can get your bachelor's And there was light at the end of the tunnel for me. It was something for me to work at and strive for it and be like, listen, I'm not lost. Yeah he's not here, my father's not here for me anymore, or but I can still have that focus that we talked about and he wanted for me. So thank you Dean. There we go.
Speaker 2: I told you, thank you, thank you for sharing that. That's an amazing story out of tragedy that you know you can We're able to express yourself and.
Speaker 3: Had an outlet. So that's amazing. All right, DJ, why don't you tell us about your experience at Dean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just kind of trying to connect with SD and thank her for for sharing that that amazing story. I just, uh, Terry will know. Our quarterback Tony Gara and his mom worked at Dean and he's a Franklin native also, or you may remember Tony Guera g U E R R A. And so he was quarterback when I was there, and he was my he's my quarterback, I'll put it to that way. And so I just messaged him that we're on air and that st was sharing also a Franklin native, was sharing that beautiful story that everybody should hear and be inspired by. Like I just was real quickly. So I'm gonna try to make this as quick as possible. I was a special ed kid in high school. I don't know if that was due to fights some learning disabilities, even though I read at a twelfth grade level when I was in like fourth grade, But despite that, I was designated as a learning disabled and that followed me from middle school throughout high school, both in Florida and in New York. So the middle two years were in Florida. I did not do well there. I had no aspirations or dreams of what I might do. But I thank god, one of the few really awesome things that my father did was bring me tell me to come back to New York for senior year, where I was inspired by people who also had keg parties. But did their school work all week and got stuff done and got good grades, and so my grades went up significantly. So my guidance counselor said, I think you should apply to Dean. It's a two year school in Franklin, Mass So I did. And the day I got called down to the guidance counselor's office and they said I got into Dean, I literally was like running down the hallway doing cartwheels, literally because I didn't even think that I could go to I never thought I could go to college. So I arrived at Dean and my dad dropped me off there and was like, yeah, I have ad its on. You know, we'll give you twenty bucks a week or whatever for your allowance and have fun. And when I needed to come home, I had to find a way home to New York, like he wasn't coming to get me a Dean or things like that. So I was inspired enough from senior that senior year and joining wrestling that I decided I wanted to be a Dean football player. Problem was, I'd never played football down in my life, never put it in uniform, never done anything. So I went to my roommate was also from New Rochelle New York. He was a football player, had just finished camp and said, yeah, yeah, they're gonna I hear they're gonna have open tryouts. Come out and try out. He said, did you play in high school? I said, oh, yeah, I've played in high school. Sure I did. So I went down to coach Adaway's office, which was adjacent to the basketball gym. If you know where the basketball gym is at Dean, just to the right of that hallway going out towards the field, that's where coach Adaway's office was. And I said, hey. He was sitting there and I said, I was like, should I shouldn't I? So I knocked on the door, said hey, coach, I hear you're having open tryouts. Yeah, it's this day. He's like, you're kind of small. Have you played? I said yeah. He said do you have tapes? I said, I left him back home, don't have any with me. So I said, well, you can come try out. So Dean took us off for a medical and long story short, it was a two week hazing uh and I made out of about ten of us, I think four of us made the team from as walk ons. Out of about about ten of us that tried out. That was changed my life because then, you know, classes had already started and I seemed to be able to keep up with the work and I wasn't the stupid kid that I thought I was, and had these great professors and and then now I made the football team, and I was like, I didn't even have to put the equipment on. I was literally looking at other dudes in the locker room to see where these pads go and all that. I mean, it was right out of a movie. But fake it till you make it. Yeah right, yeah, so right. So so I'm not gonna bore you because I'm going to have more reflections at the end of the show about Dean, but suffice it to say, it was the best one year of my life. I was living a dream. You know, I'll cut to the chase. My I got an invitation to come back to football camp for eighty six eighty seven. My father handed me the invitation, said you're not going back to Dean, I'm moving to Italy. See you later. You're on your own. Buy So that was the end of the story. But while I was there, it was just the most amazing experience to be part of all of a sudden, I'm an athlete, Like what, I didn't even play sports other than wrestling, So now here I am as a football player and succeeding in class something that I didn't know was possible. So everything that's come after that I have to thank for Dean. I'll go into more detail about it later, but Dean is just I don't want I'm gonna. I don't want to cry right now, so I'm just gonna let it go for now and I'll reflect back on it at the end. So when I cry, we're going to be ending the show. So go ahead, please, miss Beatrice.
Speaker 2: All right, if you can describe Dean with one word, what would it be?
Speaker 5: Terry nurturing?
Speaker 6: M all right, boozy, my experience was a little different.
Speaker 5: That's okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can use two words. I'll let you use two words if you want.
Speaker 6: Welcome to my world. Literally, that's what I get for being naughty.
Speaker 8: We'll say, oh god, oh god, I'm not good on the spot.
Speaker 6: Go to go to st first. I'm not going, but one word for being college. I mean, back to my story. I mean, I'll just say saving grace, one, euphoria, utopia, utopia, There you go.
Speaker 1: Formative. It was a formative experience, and a lot of it. It's you know when you're somebody like like Boozy, where you played soccer, you were successful. You know, she was a dancer. She she was brimming with confidence leaving high school. So she may not have had well, just based on that, just based on what just based on what you've told us, is not the same as somebody who's like, oh my god, I need an institution to save me, to make me, you know what I mean. You may not have needed that.
Speaker 8: Oh no, oh no, I had a brother at home that was doing heroin and a functioning alcoholic for a mother.
Speaker 6: Oh no, oh really yeah yeah, yeah, I also needed to get out of the house. I needed somewhere to go that wasn't that wasn't at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you succeeded in spite of in spite of that, yeah, because that's some of us didn't get the nurturing. I always tell these these kids that I meet that have a really nurturing sister, brother, mom, dad, I always say, man, that is so awesome. You know when they say I love my sister, or my brother's my best friend, or my mom, you know, my mom I lost my mom many, like nine years after Dean. But but my dad. You know, my dad I'm not close with. When I see people who are close with their parents and go, man, that is a blessing. Man, you rock? Hey, what's up buddy? Who were looking at hi? Lily? How are you love? Oh? You're a beauty too, man? Were like me before the show? Wow? All right? All right? Oh yes it is sidebar and grill. You're one hundred percent correct, man. I would you know? I would not be I would not be in the position I am today if it weren't for Dean. There's just no question about that. There's no question about that.
Speaker 6: So there's grades in high school. I barely slid through high school. Yeah so, I mean it was they allowed me in. I mean, thank you. But I did so well in school there compared to regular high school. I mean I was horror in math, but I was kicking button math at Dean like it was. I don't know if it was the environment or the professors, the teachers. Yeah, yeah, I mean amazing. I got a minor in business too, Like what a major and a minor me?
Speaker 1: I don't this doesn't surprise me at all. This doesn't surprise me at all, and Miss Jessica is that yes, we can get you a tour of Dean. I'll be back there again. Well, January's gonna be a little soon for you to get there, but next for next year's homecoming. I'll be back in any event, a Dean did I'm called for? I'm o be there all right. Let me turn it back to Beatrice for the Karen Reid portion of this joint and then we will return to Dean at the end of the show.
Speaker 6: Well, if anybody can, I just say, if anybody is doing the School of Dance, do it, or if you have nieces, even nephews. I mean, it's an amazing program. You get your bachelor's degree at an awesome college, and it's a small community, so you won't feel like you're you're looked past. You'll be able to talk to your professor. And it's because there's small classroom sizes too, And I mean just going in depth about dance more is incredible and the faculty is amazing too, and they'll there'll be people that you'll be able to go back to and reach out to you afterwards. And if you want to continue just being a dancer yourself or open up a studio. I mean having that small of a community to support you that way and being able to reach out to them. I'm I mean it's golden. I mean where else can you get that in the university.
Speaker 1: So I hate to digress again, I'm gonna just go off of what st just said. I don't care where you are in the country. And I've been to a number of college at campuses, not only when I was at Dean. I mean, hell, we played Harvard and Brown when I was there, we played in Springfield, we played it. And I've been to a number of colleges, both while I was at Dean and after. This is what a college is supposed to look like. When you're there, you are going to feel, and not every college has an environment that can provide that for you. The esthetic, everything about it says I'm in college, and it's and you see people all over the campus with Dean gear on. It's if you have a young person that really needs to be built up. I cannot recommend this enough to you. Someone whose grades perhaps are marginal and they're concerned about what kind of a this is the place that they you want to go and everything about Franklin, the surrounding community that that nurtures you. It's not only that, but like you said, the teachers, my history teacher, I still haven't forgotten stuff he said to me. And I'm here to tell you, folks, I don't have my age. I was there in nineteen eighty five, eighty six. Okay, so we were the Dean Demons. Then give you an idea how long ago this was. So anyway, all right, let's get to Karen Reid.
Speaker 6: And then sorry to put that in there.
Speaker 1: God, that is amazing.
Speaker 6: And here that I brought him in cupcakes for his birthday. I might have been brown nosing, but he was a cool teacher.
Speaker 3: So I was like, of.
Speaker 1: Course I got my degree in history because I'm sorry, boozy, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Man saying that's so nice. That's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got my degree in history because of the history teacher at Dean. So anyway, all right, like I said, I'm not crying now, I'm going to say that for the end, please Beatrice, let's yes, get angry.
Speaker 2: Usually want to come back and answer the question about Yes, the one one word to describe Dean for you.
Speaker 6: It was a fun learning experience. It was humbling for.
Speaker 8: My uh my, my large graduating class of like it's almost six hundred down to like five hundred.
Speaker 5: One camp.
Speaker 1: It's eleven now, So I'm going into.
Speaker 6: A class with other people wearing your units hard hard when I tell when I tell you.
Speaker 8: Like my first semester, I tried doing dance and soccer at the same time, and like I quickly realized, like this is not going to work out.
Speaker 6: Girl, you are not getting sleep.
Speaker 8: I don't know how you're supposed to get all these regular credits in as well as do dance and then go to soccer practice.
Speaker 6: Oh, now your soccer.
Speaker 8: Coach wants to do two a days because now he's mad at y'all for not being conditioned. No, no, I had a taba.
Speaker 1: You got I. You had the guts, You had the guts to try.
Speaker 6: So I took on that we were just known as the bun heads coming in after ballet class, like just coming in and sitting down in a class where everybody's else in their pajamas and we're like, what have you guys been doing? Yeps, and like tondues all morning?
Speaker 1: Get point, All right, let's let's kick this thing off. Let's hit it all right.
Speaker 3: I'll start us off with the first question.
Speaker 2: So, in regards to the Karen Reid case, what made you what piqued your interest?
Speaker 5: Harry, Oh, that's easy. I knew John O'Keeffe, so.
Speaker 7: In going to for however, nineteen twenty months of going to standouts and everything, I don't think. I don't think I might be wrong, but I don't think I've met anyone else who knew John O'Keeffe.
Speaker 5: The let me see, I wrote something down, and that's what I'm working for.
Speaker 1: I apologize extemporaneous.
Speaker 5: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't know I was going to present her topic at this time too. But if Beatrice wants to go around the table, let's make this a quick hitter and then we'll go into the what your topic is that you brought?
Speaker 5: So go ahead, okay.
Speaker 7: So initially I got involved because I knew John o'keeth. I never called him JJ or Johnny like other people, but because he introduced himself to me as John. So when I think abouhim, I think of John. He was a young man that I met and sat with occasionally at sports events for probably five or six years.
Speaker 5: So I sat with him.
Speaker 7: You know a number of times we had pizza together, we spoke. I learned from him the story of how he was taking care of his niece and nephew. He'd always greet me with a hug, and how are you know, sometimes from one sports season to another, we wouldn't see each other for several months. But but I felt he was a friend, you know, not a close friend and not someone I knew for years, But but I just really admired him. I admired for what he was doing.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 7: His death, the violence of the death, the lack of the proper investigation, the fact that I heard almost from day one, the rumors that John hadn't been hit by a car and they were framing his girlfriend. I knew that when we when anything was done, I was going to be part of it. So that's that's how and why I got involved. I can go more, but but my I'll do my rest of my stuff with my topic. That's my story of how I got involved. To answer Beatrice, all right, boozie.
Speaker 3: Do you want to just tell us how you got involved?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was watching on TV right from the get go.
Speaker 6: Tay is Terry is fab I said, we have Terry.
Speaker 8: But yeah, real quick, I am being a local from Norfolk County. I saw the immediate the media, news, media, hustle and bustle about it, and from there it kind of snowballs. Because I like watching trials, so that means I like watching pre trials, and because this was local, I knew this was gon a big one, and I quickly learned that, you know, there's something amiss. And then having people interconnected with some of the main people, yeah, very quickly learns that this wasn't what they were trying to say.
Speaker 5: What was going on?
Speaker 3: Gotcha STI.
Speaker 6: I've always been a fan or a listener of true crime and like podcasts and stuff. And then when I heard about what happened. When it happened, you hear on the news like a girl backing accidentally backing up into her boyfriend, and I was like, Oh, that's unfortunate, very bad story to hear. And then I hear later on that, oh, but the people inside the house, they were all police officers, and it was a police officer that passed away, and I was like, h just even hearing that, because sometimes you do hear about police brutality against each against each other. And then you're drinking and things can get out of hand. And I was like, oh, even before I even heard about Turtle Boy or anything, kind of put that together in my head, thinking, Oh, there's other police officers, they're at a party, they're all drinking. Something must have happened that went wrong out there, and then they put him out front to make it seem like and then all of a sudden, the two twenty seven came out and I was like, oh shit, and I was like, there's more people involved than just the police officers. And then hearing about the trial starting and that it was right down to debt him and I had to be there. I made it down for the first day or the last day of the hearing, and then the first day of the trial, and then from there I just watched Tom's Lives and then other YouTube creators talking about it, and then from there I was like just hooked on. Yeah, we can go on and on, but like that's how I got involved, just hearing it through the news and then just having a brain putting it together self, even before hearing all the other things about butt dials and and solo cops and stuff like that, like, yeah, I didn't need like all that other stuff. It just made sense. Police some police are not that great when they're drinking too. They're human, and accidents happen with other police officers.
Speaker 1: So how about you, DJ, I just want to say, Kimberly, is it. Cogliano here says Terry's so proud you look awesome. I agree with that.
Speaker 5: And now Lianne, she's my hairdresser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's doing a marvelous job.
Speaker 1: She is. Your hair looks great. I'm taking hair donations by the way, this year. Leanne Bravo from class of two thousand and one just texted me and just so happy about the panel. So so yeah, real quickly, we had just started. I had told calling all beings. You don't see my regular co hosts here whom I love, Nathan Debs and Courtney. They are very deeply involved in the UFO topic and they cover Bigfoot. We've covered bigfoot as well in some paranormal Someone just made up a super chat. I'm going to acknowledge you and thank you very kind person. But I had just started true crime. We sent Courtney to Pennsylvania to look into the case of missing a woman named Shelva Rafti, a forty four year old missing mom, missing since two thousand and six. There were people in town that scared her out of town after she had gone around, asked questions, took photos, and the police now work and guess where the DA's office. They did not want to meet with her and talk about the case. There is mob connection and it was her boyfriend. There was the last person who saw her. So at the conclusion of this investigation, where one investigation deep in true crime, I become aware of Karen Reid. Ironically through Matt Phelps. He had mentioned Turtle Boy and this woman named Karen Reid and supposedly she backed over her boyfriend or something. So I think it was The Young Jerks is the first show that I listened to, and when I heard the details of this case, I knew something was up. I didn't buy it. It was obvious to anyone with common sense. You don't have to be from Massachusetts, you don't have to know all the players. When you hear the details of the case, and you knew the fix was in and that it was another Boston cop that owned the house, that was it. I dove headfirst into this case. I did a solo podcast my co host did not want to cover true crime with me really, and I said, Okay, I'm gonna go and cover this Karen Reid case. Nobody knows me, nobody remembers me from Massachusetts. Uh, and I got Sean McDonough to come on, and then all of a sudden people started to recognize me, and it it snowballed from there. Mike's come on, Kim's come on BETTERO has come on, Mas has come on. Uh, there's a girl named Beatrice that came on, so Missy. You know, all kinds of people have come on. So and I just said, this is gonna be. I am going to stay with this until the end. That's so that that's how I became. I'm angry and I you know my Uh, one of my classmates from high school is a very she's won an Academy Award as a director. She could not and I've said this to Beatrice, she could not write this story like you. You could not as a writer of scripts. You could not dream this up and write this because what would happen is studio exec would read your script and go, nah, there's no way you're telling me all these Okay, you have DJ you've created too grand a conspiracy bro. Nobody is going to believe this. Like, it's not believable. That's why I'm here. It's just yes, like it's not possible. Judy, how are you Love? We're going to see you soon. You're welcome on the round table, and thank you so much for being awesome for the twenty dollars. JPM, Sorry, are you ready to start the round table?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: All right? You can pass it to Terry first with her topic.
Speaker 7: Okay, my topic was called back to basics, but kind of Beatrice kind of tricked me a little bit nice my question, So I'm still going to continue it and you can answer whatever way you want, because this is what I was going to do. I want to start off by saying, we here can't undo what's been said and done for the past.
Speaker 9: Few weeks in the movement, but I think we we should and should go back to the basics, the reason we all join this movement.
Speaker 7: I'd like to talk about the start and the evolution of the movement from the perspective of those who came to stand out support physically, support emotionally and financially, and ask how and why you got involved in what keeps you here. So that's a little twist on Beatrice. But and I'm going to start off by saying, the grassroots movement started almost two years ago with three Canton citizens. Some of you probably know this Estie. I've hudged so many times that it stands out. I don't know if you remember Sti, but I used to think you were Renee because you're both tall and blond and beautiful, so and I kind of mix you up sometimes, but Sti's one of the ones that I've met so many times standing out. But it started with three Canton citizens, very courageous Canton citizens who had heard the story, were in town, didn't know John, but but knew the story and felt there was something wrong. And the three of them stood out for weeks, just the three of them.
Speaker 5: On Canton Street.
Speaker 7: They were cursed at and their families were threatened. You know, a lot of things happened to them, but they persevered, and you know, one by one people started joining them, and you know that others, you know, as it went on, others from the cornwell, different cities got involved in states and then and even when into NAT but I just kind of like to shout out, I shouldn't say names because I'm going to miss someone, but I just have to say Carol Kevin, Gail Rita, Jen Brenda, Dennis Peter, John, Sean Colburn, Neil, to just name a few. These are the people who have been in the backbone of this movement. They've been out there day after day, week after week, and and this movement wouldn't be what it is without them. I'm purposely leaving out tonight the content creators. We all know who they are, and we're all extremely grateful to them. They've done an awesome job. They've you know, and I'll say Aiden's name. He started this, He researched, and he brought us it all to the forefront front. And but we've talked so much about them the last two weeks that if I was involved tonight, I wanted to bring it in another direction. To the people who are involved, I'd like to discuss the focus of the movement as a whole, and the thousands of people who've contributed so many ways to this, to this movement with little recognition. You know, we've been accused of getting paid, We've been accused of you know, people paying for our signs, and all you have to do is go out there once and you'll know that that's not true. You know, it's a peaceful, wonderful, welcoming group no matter who comes. People would give their time and talent and resources to this movement, people who never knew each other. Most of the people don't didn't know one other person when they came. They'll just come and say, oh, I'm from wherever. People come drive two hours to stand out with us, and it's been a wonderful experience. You know, we've stood out in the snow and the rain and the heat the summer, and we're not looking for anything. We just want justice, Justice for Karen, justice for John. And as it evolved, then it was Sander Birchmore and her I'm born baby, and then Enrique. I just can't tell you the kind of people I've met in this movement. They've been all ages, from all walks of life and from all different places. And then they were the common denominators besides their passion and support for freedom for Karen and justice for John O'Keefe. As I got to know them, everyone had a story and they were common denial dominators of the story about how they got involved. Most of them, as I told you before, I never met John O'Keefe.
Speaker 5: Most of them.
Speaker 7: Oh, I didn't know Karen Reid. I never knew Karen Reid. I knew John, but not Karen. And as they started following the story, each person something triggered them when they heard about the story. One of the themes I heard over and over is that could be me, that could be my daughter, that could be my sister.
Speaker 5: And they were.
Speaker 7: Also inspired by Karen's courage and her determination. So and then they then as you spoke to people, they're concerned about their First Amendment rights. So as the pre trial and the trial proceeded, we saw corruption coming out, in competence, the trampling of our First Amendment rights, the misuse of power. I mean, think about the Canton nine, duck Gate, contaminated balloons, buffer zones, unannounced visits to peaceful protesters by the mass tery police. People are just fed up with this, and they're more determined, more determined than ever. So you know this, this is a movement and it's and it's hitting a lot of people. I'm going to just quote from a couple of the recent posts from some of the original supporters.
Speaker 5: An S.
Speaker 7: A quote of yours is in here. I hope you don't mind, but this is what I'm hearing from the people. Continue to keep the focus on what we've set out to accomplish nineteen months ago. It's time to cut out all the nonsense and get back to our roots, back to our street corners with our signs another one. Karen has assembled a fantastic legal team.
Speaker 5: Let them do their job.
Speaker 7: Karen needs us, and we need to remember where we came from and where we want to go. Our destination is to free Karen and get justice for John Officer John O'Keefe. We're peaceful, our feet, supportive and devoted, devoted, and that's what we're all about. Everyone who shares the truth about Karen's innocent does just as much as the rest of us. There are people who can't be here, but they're supporting by sharing. They're standing out in Nevada and in Kentucky and different places, even if they stand alone. And one other person I think a shout out to is Denise pass Already. Here's a woman who lives somewhere west of Boston, and every day of the week, two hours a day, every afternoon, for a year, she stood out by herself over the Master Turnpike and supported that way. Wow, and you know that was her way of doing it. So people showing their support in different ways. Karen's standing up for her innocence and fighting against the people in system who framed her for the murder of John O'Keeffe. When we're threatened, its strengthens our resolve. We ain't got no quit. Justice for John O'Keeffe, justice for Karen Read, justice for Sandra Birchmore, justice for Enrique Delgado, and justice for all those who have had their rights violated in care.
Speaker 1: Can anybody give me an amen up in this joint? Man? Girlfriend?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I Also I also want to say thank you to Peter Murphy in the chat because Peter is responsible for me meeting Terry. I was walking around dean and for homecoming and got that message that about from Terry and I was like, oh man, this is Peter Murphy. So thank you, Peter. You're the greatest and you interested you meet you. You got me a new friend that I didn't have. So within the space of I don't think I met Boozy there, but in the space of twenty four hours I made let's see Kristen Morgan, Beatriz, Terry sd uh and I even met the man himself, I met the turtle bit. So anyway, all right, let me let me let this thing continue. Uh. So basically what we'll be looking for now, Boozy, is if you have any commentary or sd on what Terry just said, and if you'd like to reflect on what she said, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, incredible.
Speaker 8: Can we all in chat just say what an amazing person Terry is? Like, it's it's just amazing, amazing, you know, yeah, st you well upside down friend you Okay.
Speaker 6: Remember the last that I'm telling you. It's like it just wants to flip. It's it's it's just us.
Speaker 8: And thank god we don't have John on tonight because it would have just been a messing.
Speaker 1: Thank you Amy for becoming a member.
Speaker 6: So this is so some of you in chat may not know me. I'm a I'm a TikToker, I'm where Nurse Kim was. I'm over on tick talk.
Speaker 8: So I come on live youtubes occasionally. So that's why I.
Speaker 6: Don't think a lot of people know of me.
Speaker 8: And I am on Twitter sparingly because Twitter freaks me out sometimes. So one thing that I've always liked to go back to on my Twitter page is going back to the locals because I remember seeing those first couple of select Board meetings and starting seeing the fire in the fight, and I was like, oh, I got to talk about this because this is this is so much more than what the media is putting out, and I want to put the faces and the names that are not being talked about right, you know. And that's when I start talking about I start talking with the Peter Murphy's and the.
Speaker 6: Readers and the dentists.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, the people that I have been able to to show the residents of Canton, and that not only their their power, but their real stories and how this affects them. Because we know we're not always fiery and spicy. Sometimes we're depressed and we get sad, and it's we have to also express that and also say, listen, this is what it's like in the county in Canton right now, and we need to know like this, this stuff is only going to end or get better the more and more we call it out. So we have to keep calling out in note for things to change, because all of this went down for decades.
Speaker 6: This was not done just because of one case.
Speaker 8: As we all know, we're slowly starting to pick all the pieces together. It's very unfortunate that John's John's death was I think the starter of a lot of the lights underneath out of all of our asses. And I don't think they understand that the more things that these people do behind the scenes, the more of us are gonna start coming out because we're not going anywhere.
Speaker 6: Seliah, Terry, I.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you so much. I can't keep up with the Terry love and the chat because every third, every third message is I love Terry, Terry's aggress war Terry, Terry Harts. I mean, you're just like you're a superstar in this panel, Terry. Do you realize that?
Speaker 7: No, but it's I love them all. Back to It's you know, it's been a year. In all the bad things that have happened, there is a lot of good things that have come out of it. I've met wonderful people, We've become friends. I haven't met one person that I wouldn't want to spend time with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really it's and this is what Peter's saying. People helping people is where life begins. And this is looking through the prism or the lens of a man who retired from thirty years in law thirty plus years in law enforcement, and he said, you know what, I've found something I can channel my energy into. Is just sort of looking after people who have been wronged by the system. And he is this, this would really take me on a path of anger. But he is not afraid to do the right thing. And there are so many law enforcement officers that are scared to say, you know what, the wrong thing happened there in Canton, and I'm gonna say it. And if you want to step to me, I just even happened in the Air Force when there was certain things that happened and someone said to me, oh, hey, DJ, you know do you I heard you think this or you support and said, yeah, you know that's it. I mean you got a problem with it, colonel, lieutenant colonel. I mean I was an enlisted guy. So you know, but there is a certain leveling when you fly in the cockpit with people there's not there's no real rank, because if there's rank, you'd be afraid to say something if someone's about to crash the airplanes or do something stupid. And so you know, I wish there was more Peters out there. That's what we're lacking is in Peter Murphy's But getting back to it, the love. Oh wait, here's what Terry's savage. Terry, Amen, from Dennis, your friend Dennis, So from Judy, Judy Bestieri. So thank you, thank you for the new members that we got. And Amy, I know you came in wondering if this is a space a safe space. This is a safe space. You're not going to hear any uh Twitter kind of garbage here. We're here to spread positivity and kind of just share the love and of the movement. So let me let me turn it back over to st at this point.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'll piggyback on the Peter Murphy stuff and I'll get sappy about it. Please, But how he says helping people, and I guess finding people like him brings me closer to having a father figure that I don't have. And that's why I'm like, just I'm in love with him. I'm in love with Peter Murphy done Sweeney, Like these these men that like their their passions that I share with them, and like it's just you just feel a sense of family and you feel a sense of like just comfort and safety. And it's been amazing to find that through this. And and that's the blessings that we have through all of this, is like that you're finding out about these people that you wouldn't normally like find or or meet in your normal everyday life, Like I'm here in Boston and what would bring me out to go to Canton or like anywhere else that they are like you know, And and so I've found this through this movement, and and then and then how John has passed in such a horrible way, and the way that he was treated has been looked over, but I want him to know that he has a legacy that's still happening. Although he's not here to do what he wanted to do here on earth, he is changing something that's happening in Norfolk County. And it's it's a god damn shame that it has to be that his life was taken in order for all of this to unfold, but he has and he will from now on be known as I don't want to say sacrifice, but because he passed, all of this has come to light. So that's his legacy, and that's something that should be cherished and at the same time a badass woman showing all of us other women that you don't have to lay down and take it. You can stand up and fight against it, and people that know your heart and know your truth will be there behind you. I mean Karen Reid, she is our badass woman that is showing, like, stand up for yourself. The people that know you and the people that hear you will be there and to back you up. And all of this is just fucking amazing. And nobody, no, show, no, somebody that's having an adult tantrum is going to ever break this movement up because there are people that have their hearts and souls in it, and there are people that have become family that is not going to ever break up because of it. And we're just going to keep going and keep moving forward because we know the truth and we are in it to see that truth come to fruition. And even after that, it's more happening. We got Sandra Burschmore, we got just Gone Route, We've got Enrique Delgaro Garcia, you know, and then hearing about Nathaniel Brown Tully was had his dirty hands in there. It's just so much is coming to light because of this tragedy. And that's the word I want to use for John. He has a legacy.
Speaker 1: Now. I mean, it'd be hard for me to really that you guys have said. Everything the three of you have said has been so inspiring to me, which is why you know why I'm here, and so everything you said just resonates with me one hundred percent. It's why I'm here. It's why I'm flying to Massachusetts in January. And it ain't gonna be the last time this year, year, in twenty twenty five that I'm in Massachusetts. There's going to be more trips to Massachusetts and I will stand out with you guys as well. So you know, if I got the money for a plane ticket, I'm gonna be there. So I wanna did you have some? You look like you're gonna say some. I want to respond to what Christina said here because Christina Resmussen is uh, she's gonna be on a future episode, but she is one of our our free care and read friends in Indiana and is showing her support for you every day. I sat here with her and watched her write a whole script out to say to the Canton Select Board I mean, and she's in Indiana, but she cares about you, and she thinks about you every day, and she's wondering how you're doing, and what happened at the standout? And is there any video? And she waves and she comes in the chat and so she wanted to know how many people here? So I want to highlight our friends. Ken is here from the UK from Nottingham, and Christine is here from She's here from Manchester. I'm from min you mate, you know? Can I? So? So we have our two Brits here. Sharon is here. I don't know if Sharon is just Irish, if she's just uh, putting the Irish flag out, or she's actually in Ireland. Laura's here from the UK too. What's up, home girl? So any of you that are here from somewhere that Alabama is in this building? What's up Melissa? So anybody that wants to state what country or state you're from, just for for our knowledge, I appreciate it. Uh, And then well I'll tip pass it back over to the boss over there. Beatrice.
Speaker 3: All right, so are you wanting me to ask questions or you want me to give my.
Speaker 1: Little So what's going to happen now is it's going to go to Boozy. It'll come around to you after myself. So Boozy will give her topic, her hypothesis or her question texas.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to. I didn't want to repeat the same thing as last time.
Speaker 8: So I always love hearing ultimately like what people think happened that night, because I've heard some very interesting stories from people that aren't from here. So I would like to hear, like, officially what everyone thinks happened on the night of January twenty ninth, twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say that again, love, because I'm I'm I'm having a type in the chat and do this.
Speaker 8: Say Jay, why can't you do five things at once?
Speaker 1: I know, I know you should fire me right now. Okay, So I'm sorry, can you please state that again for the jury?
Speaker 6: It's for the jury, well, it's mainly for you.
Speaker 8: So it's just what you think happened, jeneratey night two.
Speaker 1: It's been getting sassy up in here. She's gonna be like a Scott McGinnis man. We're gonna have to alright, go ahead, al right, that goes, that goes all right? So what happened on the night Okay, I didn't, and I wish you would watch my show because I did an hour and forty five minutes nearly on this the other night. But I'll do a truncated and a bridge for the dictionary in a bridge version ary. So go ahead. Uh, this is to you, Love.
Speaker 6: Was this also our homework?
Speaker 1: Okay? This this is the homework Sharon? So we do have Sharon is here from she's here from in the West of Ireland. Welcome to the show, Sharon. It's a pleasure to have you here. Love. I hope that one was good. I don't know. She'll either give me a thumbs up or hey, DJ, that sucks. So anyway, go ahead. So that's to you, SD, and then it'll go to me.
Speaker 6: So what do I think happened that night?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 6: Fuckery?
Speaker 1: It's Joan. We're not cursing on this one. No curse.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 6: He went in the house and see that's the thing, like I just I don't know if like me even like speculating is it's It's what I thought from the very beginning when that news station came out and I can't remember which one it was, but they were just like saying that they're not sure if it was an accident. Something happened inside the house. And I was like, well, yeah, they're all drinking, they're all drunk and something an accident maybe did happen, or maybe it wasn't even an accident. I mean, Higgy was so upset that he wasn't getting the girl. The girl didn't respond after he was like texting, um, well he got ignored. There was going and then you got Chris or not Chris Brian like pumping him up, being like yeah, and like wrestling with him, and it's just like you got testaterone and booze, then a girl ignoring you, and then you see the guy walk in the house and it's meatheads being meatheads, and then you had calling be in meathead. But you know, I'm not going to mention that because I always get called out for like mentioning a minor. But yes, miners can do fucked up things too, But I'm not saying that anybody did it. This is all in my opinion, But something did happen in that house, and uh, they did put him out there in early early mornings when Lucky the plow driver saw them with the Ford edge out there, and they left him. They left him, and there's a place in hell for them they did.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and Julie's gonna go ahead and give me her version, so mine real quickly is I Although I'm the worst math student ever at Dean, I was trying to solve for X so X was I have to figure out why Brian Albert didn't call nine one one when John was injured. And because if this was just a simple accident, like if they were hunting, if they were fishing, if they were hiking and he fell and he hit his head, if there were repelling, if they were in any repelling I know it's like people from Canton repelling, But if there were any sort of situation where John O'Keefe, a fellow officer, were injured, he would have had he would have called nine on one, got him medical care. Then he would have had to call the duty sergeant at BPD, which is a recorded line, and he would have made a report. So as he's talking, not only is it becoming a part of a verbal official record, now the duty sergeant is going to type in, Okay O'Keefe was injured, what time was this, where did this happen? And he's typing, okay, who was involved? Yes, give me the details, give me so he would have been typing the whole scenario. So anything when Brian Albert called BPD to say O'Keefe is going to the hospital and won't be to work tomorrow, there would have been a whole report taken that would have become official record. So if he would have been injured, this is what Brian would have done, even if he said, okay, Higgins and O'Keefe had a fight at the house and it got out of hand and O'Keefe punched Brian. Brian punched O'Keefe back, he fell on his head and he head Okay. So that's something that can be explained away, because now we're talking about I can mute. I can mute the smike real quick. Let me uh tell me okay, So okay, Terry's back in place. Now I can unmute her. Okay, all right, you're back on love. I just had to mute because there was all all kinds of noise, all right. So so now I have to figure out why I'm solving frecks. Why didn't Brian Albert call BPD. The only reason he wouldn't have called nine to one one to render aid to a fellow officer. And the only reason is that there was some sort of a crime committed that he didn't think he could explain away, because obviously, if O'Keefe was injured in an accident in Brian's house, he's gonna have to call, he's gonna make a report. O keep's gonna go to the hospital. He's gonna wake up, he's gonna tell a story that, hey, yeah, we got in a fight and I fell and hit my head. Okay, I'm not gonna sue who Brian Higgins or press charges against Higgins because I lost my footing or we fought and I got hurt. That's what happens. When you agree to fight someone, someone can get hurt. Okay. So the reason I think that the a felony was committed and someone whacked John on the back of the head is because now if that happened, now O'Keefe is gonna wake up, and he's gonna say that whatever Brian tells better be one hundred percent accurate to the duty sergeant, or O'Keefe is gonna wake up and tell a different story. And now you have Brian's lieutenant talking to John's lieutenant. Now you have the police union who can't just arbitrarily back Brian because John is also a funding member of that police union. So the Norfolk DA is going to be standing there unless John presses charges. He's not involved, So obviously Brian thought something was committed that he felt was criminal, which more than likely was somebody striking John on the back of the head with an object that precluded him from wanting to report it as he would have done if they were hunting, fishing or some other exploit like that, he would have called in rendered aid to John. He didn't because they were drunk, and because someone committed some criminal, felonious act that he didn't think he could explain away lieutenant to lieutenant and police union representatives in the whole nine it could not be smoothed over, which is what would have happened if it was just an accident. So it wasn't an accident, Beatrice, all right, a bridge version.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's interesting. I've never heard that before.
Speaker 3: I think i've heard that before.
Speaker 6: You got it.
Speaker 2: You see it, see what Peter's comments pointing out Peter Murfey, where.
Speaker 6: Is he that the DPW radio transmission to all plow operators at four hundred, they reported a pedestrian struck on Fairview Road by a plow and then it was stifled.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, I have never heard that.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm either, yep, I remember that. Some more fuckery.
Speaker 1: So when do you guys think that efery? So when do you guys think that trunk kate trunk kate or self fed it? Say? Yo, what is going on anyway? All right?
Speaker 6: So great ducker.
Speaker 1: Duckery. Yeah, let's Melanie Little is the greatest content creator in this medium. We might as well use duckery. And Okay, where when do you guys think that that body was made out? Was put out there? Then? Just as a digression here.
Speaker 8: I mean, I feel like it would be around that time. When did he When did Lucky see the ford edge out there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: If some wasn't it around three thirty thirty?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think yeah, So it would have had to have been around that timeframe.
Speaker 1: I would think, so somewhere around three thirty before that that report, So someone we gotta go, Peter, Yeah, We're gonna have to expound upon that because I'm curious how that who would have made who could have would have made that report. But let's see, Lucky couldn't do a second So was the second past that didn't happen? Sherridy, there's so much in this case and Blessing Moon put out there. When the ford edge drove John and John there and the person that drove it placed John, Yeah, absolutely you would have. You would have pulled his his uh, his uh near near dead body out of the passenger side of that ford Edge facing the house to block the cameras from across the street. That's why I don't believe they drug them across the lawn because it's like, I mean, this would be like a movie. You're gonna sit there and drag a dude across the lawn, So that, I mean, that's kind of absurd. Thank you, Valhall Law my dear, So that is three point thirty to five am. Thank you. There's so many details in this case you need an Excel spreadsheet back to Beatrice please.
Speaker 2: So okay, so what do I think happened? I know what didn't happen, and he did not get hit.
Speaker 3: By the LEXUSSUV, so we'll start there.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I was just say in my opinion, I do, based on the evidence and everything that was presented, I do feel that he went in the house.
Speaker 3: I feel like there was some shenanigans at the bar.
Speaker 2: There was some you know, tough guy acts, you know whatever, dancing around, you know, trying to show each other up, and I think they that I do believe Karen's story that he she dropped him off, she wasn't sure if she was welcome, And I do believe he went in the house.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody in that house.
Speaker 2: Intentionally intentionally meant to unlive him. I think it was more of, you know, let's fight this out, and I think things went wrong, and I think and I also want to point out one thing that always gets missed when we talk about John and the lawn and everything else, is that if we listened to Jen McCabe's recording, she said that he was face down. We're always talking about being him faced up and they turned him. So that's just a point that I that I feel like he was put face down, but then when they flipped him over, the cell phone was underneath him, which is doesn't even make sense. But anyways, I just know that he was not hip based on ARCA, based on the know the three thy seventy four pages of exculpatory information that they received.
Speaker 3: He just wasn't hit by the car.
Speaker 2: So that's all I need to know, and to stand behind Karen and you know, believe in our innocence, and you know, again we all want justice for John, but it's not through Karen Reid. I mean it will be eventually by you know, everything that she's going to bring to light, but she didn't do this to him. And I just think the proper people need to be held accountable.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you Jim for becoming a member. And as there's so many great comments here, literally you could put every single comment on the screen because that's how good you guys are. Blessing Moon, thank you for being here. As Julie said, or earlier it might have been Sherry d. If you would be kind enough, there's four hundred and forty four of you watching, if you'd be kind enough to hit the like button and the subscribe button, that would be awesome. If you like the content. And if you don't like me, at least you like these four and I mean that right there. Uh, and thank you for becoming a member, So all right, and let's get back at it now. We're going to ST's uh comment. Great job, Beatrice, man, you broke it down like the bright homie that you is. They didn't teach me that a dean. By the way, Terry, that that's sort of dialogue anyway, what's your what's your topic question or hypothesis?
Speaker 6: Alright, it is just going to come off the top of my head. Send into her.
Speaker 1: Homework, Terry, Terry ten demerits for Gryffindor right now, I'm kidding. We love you, asked you know that great with all the with all the work you're doing, we love you.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 6: It's not dreams about being a dean. It's like being back in school and then having to do school again. I have nightmares. I have to graduate. I just need to graduate.
Speaker 1: You have graduated, and you, like I tell you on Twitter, you've inspired everybody that's on this panel, going and setting up and doing solo solos, standouts and dancing. Uh dude, I'm looking forward to breaking bread with you, homie.
Speaker 6: I tell my story instead of doing my homework about last night.
Speaker 1: Yes you can, yes you can.
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 6: Cool, There we go, there we go. You get cupcakes. Teacher. Thank you So, so last night I went to Whitney Cummings the comedian. Have you heard of her?
Speaker 1: Yes, she's on Joe Rogan's just want to Yes, she's amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So I saw the Wilburg here in Boston and I was wearing my Free care and Read cap and I was fortunate to have front row tickets. And at the very end, she was like doing her goodbyes to everybody, and she saw my cap and she goes, yeah, free Cairen Read, and the whole venue just lit up and was just like yeah, yeah. I was like, she knows free Karen Read and she support what And I was like, oh my god, I hope someone caught that. But then like I just I busted out to her and was just like, can you please say something to Karen, Like can a videotape you? And she she was like yeah, And so I got a videotape of her shouting out free Karen Read, badass, and it was just the moment was just amazing.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I was like, because there there's was word of people being on on that were doing cameos, like they were paying certain celebrities to say stuff about how awful we were to the family. And the witnesses and such. So it was nice to just hear from somebody that has a platform, such as a comedian that knows what's going on and and just talking about it is talking about supports Karen. So it was awesome. That's my story.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just follow with one of my own that Beatrice has heard. I'm lead. So I've been doing a lot of I work at one base, one spaceport base. I go to another where the gym is and the swimming and all that neat stuff. So I go over there to swim and I'm on the phone with our friend John Como, who's friends with everybody on this panel. And then I've got my earbuds on so nobody can hear what we're talking about. And I get changed and I'm like, oh, man, I gotta grab my water out in the car. So I go out there and this guy walks by me and gentleman, probably like a decade older than me, and he goes, he goes, yeah, he goes, you tell you tell those Karen Reid folks there that in Colorado we support okay, And I was like rock one brother, and he was he was saying stuff and John John was going crazy and telling me to tell him stuff, and I was like, hey, brother, because I know he probably swims there all the time like me. So I was like, I'll see you and we'll have a dialogue. And he's from Massachusetts, he's from Boston, so he just him hearing a little bit of dialogue where I did not mention her name. He knew I was talking about Karen Reid. So you guys are everywhere. You guys are everywhere. Okay, all right, Beatriz, if you would like to if there's any reaction, and if not, I'll give my topic.
Speaker 10: No go ahead, Okay, okay, So this is gonna go to you, and then it's gonna go to Terry Boozy Beauty and st Okay.
Speaker 1: If we are we're at thirty four Fairview. It is the morning of the twenty ninth of January two thousand two and twenty two, and we we don't see a cracktail light. So now when she leaves the house at five something in the morning to go look for him, she doesn't hit John's vehicle with her car, doesn't crack the tail light, which doesn't give the quarterback of the team, Jen McCabe, that narrative to feed to Hance, the spoon feed to Bukake, who thinks that it's a domestic because stupid Brian Albert brings the cocktail glass from the waterfall out there and goes, ah, this will do right here and and takes the shoe off and all that like a friggin' moron. So my question to you, firstly, Beatrice, is what would have happened in this case had she not cracked the tail light and given them that storyline that became the narrative that the foe Justice warriors on the other side or you are using as an excuse for how he was found nearly unlived, unluck.
Speaker 3: I don't think she would have been the fall person.
Speaker 1: Do you think it turns? Right there? That's the pivot point.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have the now I'm gonna forget names, but those people that were in that truck, the Julie Nagles, Nigles brother who was supposed to be coming to pick her up, I mean I don't think. I don't think she would have been the fall person for this in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Wow, Terry Robbins.
Speaker 5: I don't even have anything to say about that.
Speaker 7: I can't even wrap my head around that scenario because we've heard all of the other things before, so I'm not good at.
Speaker 5: Thinking about something like that. Well, I can't answer that one.
Speaker 1: See, this is why I came. I wanted to see what would happen if we just shifted the script. They don't have the tail light to lean on, so go ahead, Beatrice. I'm sorry, I'm not didn't mean to call on Terry. This is your game, so.
Speaker 3: No, wait, isn't it, boot It is.
Speaker 1: But I didn't want to. I didn't want to pass it because you're the moderator.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Well, what the law said is basically as is. Basically what they would do is what I'm thinking. They were just blame it unlucky the plow dry. They even did it with the DPW when they called it in, like that's how they were going to do it. They were going to call that in and say that somebody was hit by a plow and and then that's how they would say that he ended up there and then lucky Lucky would take and god damn, I don't even want to think about that though, because who yep, Nope, sorry, I don't even want to things. But yeah, he would he would be locked up right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm valhall in law, our retired lawyer. She says the same thing that she thinks that they would have they would have put it on that they Yeah, we're pretty close to We're pretty close to seven thousand. I think we're at just under sixty six hundred, so we might who knows, we might get close tonight, you.
Speaker 5: Know, can I can I vote because I said I didn't. But I think that the original so I thought you were switching things around.
Speaker 7: But I agree with Beatrice, but I but what I think is is that the plan all along was to blame Lucky.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't think that Karen was quite in their sites at that point. I think the plan was to blame Lucky until the morning when Karen called Jen, and I think that's when the plan switched. So, you know, I don't know about the tailight and all that stuff, but I mean I do.
Speaker 5: Know about the tail like, but you are a hypothesis there.
Speaker 7: But I think that the original plan was to blame Lucky and they figured he'd take a plea deal and maybe get you know, a couple of years or six months or whatever. Are they cover it over somehow and say it was an accident in his job. And I think that was I think that was the original plan.
Speaker 1: Would anybody like to react to what Kevin c is saying on screen here?
Speaker 3: I don't think anything surprises us, does it.
Speaker 6: Yeah? Also, hearing that Brian Albert was meeting with the animal control officer, he is he just met with them again yesterday. Why you live in Norwood, you're retired. Things that make you go whoop hmm. If you didn't love it, why would you be meaning with them? Unless like unless was it a male or female? He was meaning with female?
Speaker 5: Female?
Speaker 6: Terry knows.
Speaker 5: If you know, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: Melanie Little just made it here and I just want to say, l I t isn't and I love I love that song. If you steal My Sunshine, I don't know if you guys remember that one. It's an old school one. If you steal My Sunshine by the brother and sister. Sorry, all right, everything you know relates back to music with me. So yeah, it's very interesting. I don't know what evidence they would have had to pin it on Lucky uh they uh is potentially it's there. First of all, it wouldn't have even been. I don't even know if they could have pinned manslaughter on him, you know, but they would have had to try then get DNA on the plow or something absolutely absurd. Think I think Jennifer McCabe her cracking the tail light, and Jennifer McCabe the quarterback, or Jen maccobb as I like to call her. I think she bailed them out because they were a crime without a perpetrator and because they refused to knock on Brian's door, which ended the investigation two minutes after the investigation began. They were a crime without a perpetrator or even a suspect, and Jennifer bailed them out. And they probably love her and are indebted to her, which is why bacon butt Meatball takes her text in the middle of the night. We love Melanie as well, Nikki, we really do. She's incredible. I'm sorry I digressed. So I think that's the last roundtable topic, Beatrice. It can be just an absolute pillow fi for all now.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're lucky as he got to go, Wait a minute, I don't. I don't no person left behind here.
Speaker 3: She didn't get to answer. I was paying attention we're lucky, like.
Speaker 6: He would lose his ship if he lose his if he like hit an animal. Remember that part when he was on the stand and he was like, God forbid if I hit an animal. He was like, so that's why I like, Oh, okay, sorry, go ahead, boozy. Love you Lucky?
Speaker 1: Where are you Lucky?
Speaker 6: I always say Lucky.
Speaker 8: He's a peach, you know from people that I've talked to from Canton that know him, She's just a nice, genuine guy. You can tell that when he's on the stand. He's just a nice, honest, genuine person. He was there to be a good witness, like you're supposed.
Speaker 6: To do when you do court.
Speaker 8: You're not supposed to have all these different shenanigans going on. You're there to tell the truth.
Speaker 6: And that's it. You know, none of this whatat what?
Speaker 8: But you know, I love this question because there there are a few reasons why I think they shifted from Lucky. Obviously, he's he's a Canton I you know, he's a Canton homie, and he's not necessarily close to.
Speaker 6: Any of them.
Speaker 8: But he does have a little bit of protection because his last name is Lafren. Who else is a law fren my claw friend can select board. So my opinion is kind of like what Alan Jackson has said over and over and in court is pennant on the girl. Why do you want to pennant on the girl because it's easy. So I think they would have found a way any which way to put it on her because they were not going to put it on Lucky because once they found out it was Lucky that it was a plow driver. Can't do it, can't do it, he has protection. Karen was the outlier, so wasn't John. I think the real would have found some way.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, sorry, man, that's okay. I just want to because val Halle Laws here, she is the official attorney of calling All beings, and she says that the first thing she says is they didn't need evidence. They could have strong armed Lucky to plea, so they would have. What she's saying is they would have used the same ploy that they tried on Karen Reid and she didn't fall for they would have been able been successful with Lucky. And then down here hero Dennis is saying that Lucky's a hero, and I agree with you, Dennis. And then valhall Law is saying I disagree about Jen. She messed up. She messed it all up much easier to railroad Lucky. So yeah, you know what, from from a point of view, one hundred percent you're right. But one when something is you know, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Someone gives you a horse, I go, you know what, I love horses. I'm gonna take a horse. I'm not gonna look and check his teeth. And in this case, uh, the cracktail light and Karen's acknowledgment thereof provided what Jen needed, and she would have had to extrapolate uh and not maybe perhaps not even thought of Lucky as a culprit, whereas the police would have thought of Lucky the fact that they were plowing. I mean, obviously she was up all night, so her brain processes were not would not be working at pee performance when you don't have any sleep and you've been you were drinking. Then you're awake, Now you know that someone was just killed. Now you're you're walking around your house, you know you're you and then the next day you're expected to concoct a theory. And more than likely this was a can't. Unfortunately, and sadly, Karen gave her that out with the cracktail light. Uh and uh, without that, they would probably somebody else would have had to have fingered lucky, it would have had to have been law enforcement. So anyway, back.
Speaker 6: To bed, I do I think Jen messed up though too by going that way, because she does she seems to have the personality where she wants to take control.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, yeah, so since she did, since this was her her go to and what she thought would work. Now she's like strong about it and making sure that it goes right and she's taken charge. She's doing the pow wows, she's making the phone calls, she's making sure everyone's going on track. She's the one that's reaching out to Aiden's ex girlfriends or fling to make sure that she's on board to get him into jail. And like she's just all hands on deck with everything because she's the one that made that decision of let's blame it on Karen. But did you think that I'm not going to use a phrase that I heard recently, but.
Speaker 1: Jen maccob Sorry, well no, she couldn't.
Speaker 6: Now smart Karen, Sorry you could all right?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, no, she couldn't. She clearly couldn't.
Speaker 6: Nope, he messed with the wrong be.
Speaker 1: All right. Was that Chris Albert that said tell him he never went in the house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, Matt McCain.
Speaker 3: It was Matak.
Speaker 6: He said that to Chris in the group text. In the group text, yeah.
Speaker 3: Tell him the guy I never went in the house.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, tell me phoebe welcome.
Speaker 6: There's a guy passed out, a guy guy, but yeah, he's your best friend.
Speaker 11: Like, oh, there's a man on the Can I do my Jim McCabe kill that man on the lawn? At thirty five they have you, uh, the Albert's home. It's like, oh, the world famous Alberts. They're known in Mumbai. They're just so incredible. What a family.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yeah, this amand.
Speaker 6: Friend officer John O'Keefe. He is on the front lawn of my brother in law's house, who's also a police officer. You need to get all units down here right now. He is a police officer.
Speaker 1: My friend who I love.
Speaker 4: With all my heart, with all my heart, with all my hat.
Speaker 12: You have a heart, honestly, like I if I only had a brain, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I didn't think we're gonna have any wizard of mine. This is awesome man.
Speaker 6: You guys, all.
Speaker 1: Right, if you have a question in the chat, please put it in all caps and we will get this esteemed. And when I say esteemed, I want you to think broccoli. We'll get this esteem panel to answer her. Uh, whatever you have here, I'll look at this. Aspop says, st is miss universe. I don't think you any argument. Xoxo. We'll do our Melanie little impression here when he reads a David Ynetti letter. Xoxo.
Speaker 8: Mike Marcy, can I just say that clip of st outside of the office in Canton and when.
Speaker 6: She she screamed, duck you. Oh it just made my soul. I had had a day and we're in front of his office and she was in front of us. Yeah, the words, the words I would have girl, I get it been there.
Speaker 1: Humfort, Oh my god. Oh this okay, we have some questions here, all right. This one is from Rachel. Uh so let's take this one around. I was starting.
Speaker 3: Question for who what, So we're gonna go around. So which mcalburt is the most embarrassing I know?
Speaker 2: Julie When she said Bukaki on the stand, that was awesome.
Speaker 3: That was awesome. Yeah, all right, Terry, you're next. What do you think?
Speaker 7: Probably Jen McCabe when she was in shock and horror.
Speaker 8: One.
Speaker 6: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with uh Jill Daniels and the Felmouths shipwrecked, the throwing the pizza on lawns, the taking aiden cell phone of it all.
Speaker 6: Bill Daniels, all right, it's easy for me. It's just Chris Albert. I mean yeah, especially since my own father was a selectman and a school committee member, like he would never act the way that Chris does, never and raising his boys to be that way too, Like you're raising your kids to flip off people and talk to other adults that way. No wonder they got themselves in this ship this God damn it, No wonder they got themselves in this trouble. Like, look who you've raised. It's it's what you do with yourself too. So even though he says he was not in the house, I questioned that. I questioned that every day. Yeah, he also had a dui, I mean, and and hit a man and took his life, and that's very unfortunate. But has he I don't know, started for a foundation for for any causes to make up for it. Has he I don't know, paid his respects to the family that he took the life from. If if he can show me those things, like great, more power to you. But if you have just like continued on your life and not made amends anyway or started any type of like just foundation or something in that man's honor because you did take his life. So yeah, he's an embarrassment, Like do better be better take yourself off as a selectman and start talking.
Speaker 3: No shame in his game?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: All right, what about you?
Speaker 1: D I mean for me, like, I mean, what the duck? What the duck? Let me get this. I got this from Suzanne Cleveland via a Richie and it says, if you know you know, like so me and I think Beatrice and I have matching ducks, So so yeah, for me, My biggest question about Chris Albert is whether or not he uses zero zero flower in his pizza concoction there, So I would have greater respect for him if he used zero zero flower, but I suspect he's probably using like all purpose flower, so that would be My biggest question is is what type of flower and what's the quality of the pizza there at at dn Pizza. Can anybody is that what all of you are thinking? All of you are thinking the same thing, right, Well, didn't.
Speaker 6: He did he recently have inspection? Anyways?
Speaker 3: He probably did.
Speaker 1: He brought he brought out the dollar bills. Is like I'm gonna pay off the inspector, hand them one hundred in that handshake when he comes to the door.
Speaker 8: No, okay, I know this chat is safe. No one in this chat is gonna order from DNI Pizza. I recognize that. But for anyone, anyone that ever hears this, they don't wear gloves when they're making the pizza people when they're making the salads. That's the reason why they got in trouble between cleaning problems, molding their cheese.
Speaker 6: And not wearing gloves. It's all. This is all public record, by the way, for entertainment purposes.
Speaker 1: Only you guys are making the show man. You guys are just you guys have absolutely killed the show. From Terry SD Boozy and of course my homegirl up there at the top Pietris So no all kidding aside my most embarrassing Mcalbert. It ether vacillates between Colin trying to pretend like he went to some exclusive prep school with that outfit that you never would see on this kid in his life, when he looks like he's some sort of a gangster rap wannabe. And then the other one would be Sam Nagel, who has made himself virtually undateable in three counties by going up and physically touching Meredith with a group of people behind him, something that he in this lifetime he never would have done if he were alone with Turtle Boy and there were no cameras. So but I guess I'll give the edge. I'll give it to Sam Nagel. The coward is the most embarrassing. Mccalbert. We also have this one right here. I've got this one, this question right here, starting with Beatrice. Please.
Speaker 2: I think because between the Commonwealth and you know, the arrogance of this DA's office, I think there will be but hoping and praying that there isn't because the FBI saves everything.
Speaker 1: Miss Terry Robinson.
Speaker 7: I think there will be another trial, but I'm hoping that the Supreme Court decision comes out and at least throws out the two charges. I don't I haven't been falling everything, But I don't think that's been ruled on yet, so correct, correct, So you know, I think Judge Beverly's pushing for that January.
Speaker 5: Date and I don't. I don't well, I don't.
Speaker 7: Understand her to start off with, but I don't understand how with both sides are requesting a postponement until April, that she could possibly insist that they do it in January. So I think there will be another trial, but I'm hoping not.
Speaker 6: Boosie, I mean I was.
Speaker 8: I was one from the get go saying that they will have a second trial, but they'll push it out. I wouldn't be surprised because technically it's unconstitutional, especially if both sides want to do it, they're going to push it out. I wouldn't be surprised if they push it out again, and we see potentially probably another summer trial, and again, more time just means it's more time for the defense, and time is on the defensive side, not the prosecutions to the rolling Stones.
Speaker 1: That's a great song time his own my side, Yes, it is go ahead. Is there gonna be another trial?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that they're going to try to but I mean hopefully that. Yeah, the Feds come in because if it is pushed to April, that gives them more time to do what they need to be doing, collecting more evidence, getting more I mean, especially with the civil trial going on. With the civil doesn't that mean that the the Okay family they need to start giving testimony in order to depositions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to get pushed back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the depositions will go on. Yeah, the civil will be going on, and then they can pull from that, can't they. Yeah, so that we have on our side too. And then also I believe the FBI could probably pull from that as well if it's if it's records, so great, depot them all more information to be able to so. So yes, I mean the April date being pushed would definitely help with that. And hopefully by the time April comes along or end of March, that it can be interrupted so that doesn't need to and then Karen can start bringing back in money for herself, I mean five million. She's in debt and now she's having to pay for the second trial. But with all this depos happening, thank you for suing her in civil court. It's working in her favor. Yeah, So we'll just have more evidence with the time being pushed, so I do believe that they will try to. Hopefully we'll hear back from the Esse Supreme Court justice about those two charges being drops because they were she was acquitted by them. But we had a four person who who knows. I believe he was corrupt, being a mister bossy pants in there. So yeah, more time, more information.
Speaker 1: And we have more questions in the chap. I think it's about time to wrap it up. So I think we ought of this one right here from Ken who's all the way from Nottingham. I think we can all agree that, yeah, someone said walking my dog and saw John Gwyn do you think they would have found ring? And yeah. The the problem is that they didn't ask the police. The investigating officers did not ask for ring camera video. And I guess what whomever spoke with Tom Kelleher, the lieutenant, the then lieutenant across the street and now deputy chief, said oh, I didn't have any he throing three ring camera videos, three ring cameras on his house, and then Turtle Boy spoke with the adjacent neighbors and everybody said, I don't have anything. And that's probably because they thought Brian Albert would come and like slip their throat in the middle of their sleep. So I have no idea, but it's it's just more Again. A screenwriter, you know, would be like, Noah, there's just no way, there's no way that, but this is what happened. So I think we should wrap up Beatrice with Dean. Reflections are final reflections about Dean. And I'm gonna apologize to you guys, but I don't want to keep these wonderful ladies and our wonderful hosts more than two hours, otherwise Beatrice won't want to come on anymore. So I would love to get to everything. Thank you Reality check. Yes, hell yeah, she's saying, are you proud of us kids?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, it's been a wonderful program, and I'm proud that you're well Deane alums.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So go ahead, Beatrice, take it away, my friend, all right.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna throw it over to Terry, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, Reflections final reflections.
Speaker 7: I well, I guess from what you told me before, I'm doing mine as a a favorite memory, Uh, you know, the time on the board. If I think of one thing that goes through my favorite time every single year was commencement. It was the absolute it still is the absolute best day that I can remember, to see the bag pipes and processing across the street and down off the way, and the looks, the proud looks on the families, and how happy the students are, and a little secret I probably shouldn't be telling you, but the funny little thing is as trustees, we sit on the on the podium there and everyone is in front of us and the audience and the students process up and get their diplomas. And after the first year, I said to one of my fellow trustees, did you see the shoes those girls were wearing? And after that it became a thing like to look at it. And then it was just the men and the women's shoes. You know, they came in just such a variety of shoes, and it just became the thing that we looked at. But you know, and Jim Bourger Goide's sawing at the end of I'm sure ladies knew Jim Bourger Guide through the theater program, and he had the the anthem, the.
Speaker 5: Dean anthem that he'd always sing at the end.
Speaker 7: So it was just always the best day of the year, and I'll always have fond memories of that.
Speaker 3: Wonderful all right boozy.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: I feel like when we go to college, that's usually a time of funding ourselves, right, And I feel like going from a one eighty to a very large graduating class something very small, I definitely learned way more about myself than I ever feel like I ever would have and kind of like what SD touched upon, you know, me going to a place like UMass Amherst when there's fifty to one hundred students in a classroom, I would have gotten lost and I would have been paying all this money for an education that I would have done nothing with. So I'm very grateful so that even though it was small, that I did get the deserving attention that I needed, even with you know, you know, thirty to forty other bodies in the classroom.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: It was an interesting time in my life. It was also a.
Speaker 8: Very traumatic time of my life, and not because of deep but because I was going on in my life.
Speaker 6: But I learned some.
Speaker 8: Very valuable lessons and some really amazing people from all walks of life. I feel like Dean's not really you know, spoken about too much. It's kind of you know, off the beaten path in a random town in Massachusetts. It's not in Boston, and it's not in Rhode Island. You know, it's not Providence, so it's kind of like it's.
Speaker 6: In the middle. And the people that go there are quite eclectic.
Speaker 8: And if there's anyone thinking or has kids that are eventually going to think we're going to college, you know, and you want them to go somewhere there, you feel like they got to be safe where they're going to be looked upon and also really cared about.
Speaker 6: You know, I would highly recommend Dean just because it is a small community. Yeah. Yes, the year up next And that's my word for Dean is that my reflection is community, because you can you can be on your own and wandering and not knowing where you fit in and not knowing if people will accept you for you. But at Dean it was it was there through the compassion and empathy that I noticed. But because it wasn't a parent right away, I mean, you're so caught up in your studies and stuff. But when I was at my lowest, they were there to lift me up. And I'm seeing that now. This is my reflection of at Dean. I'm seeing it now in this movement. Some people are at their lowest if they're having a hard day just in their own personal lives. This community is there to listen and to be there for you. I mean, there was a supporter Renee who Terry, you said you thought it was Renee. She was having a difficulticult time with family issues, and in these supporters, Karen Ree's supporters showed up for her. They went to a court hearing for her, and I don't want to get too personal about it, but they went there to show their support. Because this is this is the community now of people that are there for you, not just at the courthouse, but there for you in your own life if needed. And that is just something to cherish. You don't see that every day. You don't see that when you're going to do your nine to five job. Those are just your coworkers and you'll go out and have a beer with them and then that's it. But this is more. This is more than that, and it's a beautiful thing and I wish everybody would be able to experience it, because just like going into Dean, you don't know what to expect. You don't know if you'll be accepted. You come into the Karen Reid movement, you don't know if you'll be accepted, You don't know what to expect. But guess what, no matter what you've done in your life and your past, we're not going to judge you on that. If you're showing your heart and you're leading with your heart, and you're a kind person, and you just you have seen what Karen Reid is going through. You're going to be accepted, You're going to be loved, You're going to be hugged. And I'm going to cry, but this is the truth, and it's just it's amazing when you find a community like this, and it should be charged and always just bring it on back when there's noise, when there's ugly, bring it on back to what is really important.
Speaker 1: I love you all, Thank you so much. I I man just so delighted to have become friends with you and you just inspire me all the time. And you're probably sick of hearing that by now, but uh, there is the if you want to get in touch with Dean College. Thank you Julie and all our chat moderators, but thank you Julie. She always knows Julie. We say that everything she's she's so much smarter than I am.
Speaker 6: They have night classes for adults and online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, I know it's and we got to get to I'm gonna get to gifts and all that. But I wanted I want to get this done and get you guys out of here. So my reflections, I can remember pulling up back then you could drive right up to the front of Dean Hall to get dropped off, and my father pulled up around that driveway and dropped me off. And I remember hearing money for Nothing from dire straits pumping because people have their speakers pumping out the out onto the front lawn of Dean Hall, and Terry looks like that's that's resonating with her. So I remember hearing play Deep from Outfield, which was a very popular song, and I encouraged my two fellow alums here that are just below me to look up those songs. Play the outfield, Josie's on a vacation, farrowh Wait come around and talking over So I don't know if you remember so many things that I want, so that song and Money for Nothing was playing there, mister Williams apparently is here from Dean College and says that the fifth floor is now a weight room because Leanne is out there asking because she got really creeped out when her and one of the school resource officers went up to the fifth floor, and she said, I felt like it was haunted. I got really creeped out. So yeah, outfield, yes, yes, yes, yes. So so though I remember that, I remember just being like, oh, you know, first of all, my name at Dean College was not DJ. That was an Air Force nickname. My middle name is the letter J, and my name tag would say DJ. You know San Marco, So I was Dean. I was Dave at first, and then my nickname in football was Kazoo. And I literally remember walking from Adams Hall back down to the main campus and having a couple of girls walk by, and they walked by, I mean, I'm you know, I'm not really paying attention, I'm looking ahead, and they go, hey, Kazoo, and I was just like, I'm a third string scrub on the football team, like special teams player, not like you know, starter or star, right, But they knew who I was, and so I remember that. I remember Hurricane Gloria happened, and I left. We were all supposed to be in the gym. If you didn't have your parents didn't come get you, and you didn't have a car, you went to the gym. They brought basically box lunches or bag lunches, and you rode out the storm in the basketball gym. Well, I decided that I was not comfortable in the basketball gym, so I stole my way into Dean Hall again somehow, and went back to my room and made a bed in the closet because I thought that would be safer. I just emptied the stuff out of the closet, put blankets and pillows in there, and I wrote out the storm in my own closet. I remember just that I would walk across campus and go good night, Kelly, and thank you so much for modding tonight. Love. Kelly's also from mass and I just remember going, oh, like many times, man, I'm living the college dream. So I often say the best three years of my life was in England. The best one year of my life was at Dean because I only went there one year, and it remains the most significant one year that told me that all of a sudden, going from someone who had no idea where he was going, Like at the beginning of senior year of high school, I had no idea what I was going to be doing at the end when when we graduated in June, and then by whatever I got accepted to Dean. It might have been like January, February, March, I can't remember what month that would have happened. And then going there and finding out I could pass class and professors were were I was inspired by that and the ball guys and all of a sudden, I'm a college student. Oh my god, Like there was nothing I wanted to do in the world after that summer then go back to Dean. So that's a testament to Dean. I remember, you know, working in the weight room. That was my job at Dean was to work in the weight room second semester and I was lifting and running, and when spring practice came around, I was I was just blazing around that place. Thank you, mister Williams. Took care of mechanical hey man, Thank you very much. Brother. We love you, and thank you for taking care of Dean, and thank you for showing up tonight as well, sir. So I would not have different things I've done, going and getting my pilot's license, going in the Air Force, and and going and trying out for things that I thought would have thought, we're beyond my capability mentally, that I couldn't have passed academically. The things that I that I went for, none of those things would have occurred, and I would not be here with a resume to speak of were it not for Dean. Dean is what made that happen. And the confidence of my teammates and and my schoolmates at Dean, and and people wanting to be my friend, you know, I mean, it's all kinds of stuff. It was just I really can't you know. I promise that if I do go back to Dean and I will have something prepared and speak. But right now I'm feeling emotional about it, and and and it's it's difficult. But thank you Dean College for everything you've done to me. Though my degree may say Southern New Hampshire, you will never see me go up to that campus, but you will see me at Dean every year.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you, love Spiatraz, you're ready to close my love.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'll pass it back to you.
Speaker 1: All right. So what we're gonna do is time. All right, we've gone, We've gone two hours here, so I just want to recognize some people in the chat and then we're all going to get out of here as a group. GP dog A drool is in the joint. Thank you very much for twenty memberships. I cannot believe this, Dennis, Thank you, brother man. Yes, all star cast, and I want to say that the reason that this thing is great tonight, because you guys, a lot of you have seen calling all beings, is because of these four ladies right here, not me. It's what these guys brought, the energy, the positivity, their life experience, what happened to them at Dean Terry just absolutely dominie at the beginning. It was just like every every second thing, every second message in there was about Terry, and rightly so she's our leader in this joint. Thank you, Saidebah and Grill for you've gifted like twenty memberships. Leanne, I think you heard it's a weight room now. But if Terry can get us in there, I should see you in January, Leanne, and if I don't, I'll see you on later on this year and definitely at homecoming. And Terry can hopefully she can pull some strings. That's all I can say. Thank you very much, Ca, Jen uh kay is silent, McCabe Reality check, Amy, thank you love for becoming a new member. Judy, thank you so much for being extremely generous. And yeah, somebody's in here. Jonathan is gonna ask if you know Peggy and and I don't think we want to go there. I don't know if you know Peggy or not.
Speaker 5: I do, but I don't want to go there.
Speaker 1: I do know, but we don't want to go there. Yeah, we don't want to. We don't want to put any kind of drama on this family. So with that, uh, if you guys, last chance for your thumbs and don't be no great worker. She's so funny, Julie. You guys would all love Julie if you knew her. She's incredible. And somebody else is okay, And now what I'd like to do is if we could get a quick round of applause for the host of the joint tonight, who is such a natural that I'm feeling her YouTube her YouTube channel coming. But if not, she's gonna be welcome here. And that is my homegirl. Be it Tress. Thank you everyone, Thank you, love, appreciate you you. I can't. I can't stop using the word love because I just love the chat. I love you guys. It's just it's it's everybody. Yeah, it just comes out of my mouth. I just and yeah, and that's it and sealed off for cell tower quickly. That's great. So we're not going to get any ghost stories out of the fifth floor unfortunately. Oh yeah, that's what's separated there. Uh and yeah, so you're getting beach is getting all kinds of love right about now, right about now, funk soul brother, all right, there you go. The dance has been getting into it. And see that they haven't forgot. Oh, thank you love. Uh, big ups for my homies right there. I can't. I look forward to seeing you guys here in shoot worried about a month and a little over a month and a half. Now we'll see you back their Massachusetts boosy, beauty and st And we're also going to see Terry for a meal of food. We are all right. If you need somebody come get You'll come down to Franklin and get you all right home.
Speaker 5: Girl, Okay the deal?
Speaker 1: All right? Flight attendants prepare for land, please put your your seatbacks and trade tables in their upright and locked position on behalf of the dean of this group right here, Terry and Boozy, Beauty and sty and of course Beatrice. This is DJ saying peace out on love. We'll see you down the road and as always, we're wondering what's up around the bad
Speaker 8: A