Speaker 1: Five oh five. If if you've got the r C the talk station, Happy Monday, try to make it one anyway In Chicago, I'm the dude man, and I'm Brian Thomas, and I got my popcorn now wing for this. Well, what should be a massive protest going on in Chicago for the Democratic National Convention the fixes in We all know Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz already secured the presidential vice presidential nomination, and yet the protesters are going to be apparently raging in the streets. We'll see what happens again. Got my popcorn out on that one. I imagine you do too, So anyhow, uh, let the games begin and the clock is running out. Everybody knows the elections fast approaching, and Kamala Harris finally revealed a little bit of who she is Socialism Venezuela style. Apparently the Kamala Harris administration plans for our future, which will be well dire. Anyhow, feel free to call me five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five eight hundred eighty two to three taco with con Fi fifty if you have an AT and T phone, love to hear from you, and coming up on the fifty five car see Morning Show seven point thirty A first guest Christopher Smithman with the Monday Morning smith Event No Money Monday Today Brian James apparently off substituting for Monday Mondays Brian James at eight five. David Scarlett, former Marine, author of the book All for His Glory, The Near Death Experience of a modern day job. Life permanently changed. He had a near death experience that he claims took him to heaven and where he learned that his path was not on the right path. So 'm gonna hear from that rather spiritual book that one Marine David Scarlett at eight o five, followed by a Ken Cash again with the book Behind Closed Doors in the Room with Reagan and Nixon, described as compelling insider's account by the trusted a driver in confidant who American's presidential giants and political legends as he draws the curtain back on his most private moments with Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon. So, speaking of Richard Nixon, there you go, Kamala Harrison price controls. It worked for three months for Richard Nixon, and he had a backpedal on it because Massistaria always ensues with price controls. Do a deep dive on that one a little bit. But in the meantime, again the clock running down, doing the dodge dick, dip, duck, dive and dodge trying to get the five. The's a dodgeball clear in my mind, so I can actually say them out loud without fumbling over my words. Pologies at his Monday, and it's only seven minutes after five. Anyway, she continues to hide in the basement, basically not talking with anyone. I think today is the twenty ninth day with no press conference or engagement. A back and forth Q and A regarding how it is that she thinks price controls, for example, are going to work under her administration, when they've never worked to anybody's advantage under any other form of government anywhere in the history of mankind, from the Romans all the way through Venezuela. People keep trying it and it never works out. Geez Louiz that people are so dumb to the idea that price controls somehow work anyway, Getting ahead of myself. Oh, look, nationwide polling. Most recent CBS News poll came out yesterday. Uh Kamala Harris now leading three points. That's a national poll. Got to remember the national polls, of course, include massive swaths of the population in all blue states which are never going to vote Republican in spite of the hell that it brings down upon them. See Chicago as an illustration of one hundred years of Democrat control. Got some fun facts on Chicago under one hundred years of Democrat control. But you see, they'll still vote in their not in their best interest, these crazy people who do not have a basic understanding of economics, for example. So here we are in a national poll. Kamala Harris, keeping quiet on the specifics of literally anything, can manage to get ahead of Donald Trump by three points just by merely being anointed through a coup attah as the Democrat's choice, not your choice, my Democrat friends, the Democrat party officials choice for the presidential candidate. You didn't get a chance to choose. Well, actually you did if you go back to twenty nineteen, twenty twenty. Obviously you Democrat friends out there in the listening audience didn't choose Kamala Harris. Now right here we are in twenty twenty four, where she has been chosen for you. Moving over to the all critical swing stage, Arizona, Georgia and Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin fifty to fifty dead heat over across the board according to the new CBS New Poll, How is that even possible? Well, the only way it's possible is because Donald Trump is running is the Republican nominee. I know that's the case. It doesn't, I mean, we're all sort of i'll use the word pejoratively stuck with him. But I'm telling you, I mean, I think we all feel it and know it. If Donald Trump's name was not there and it was somebody else, you probably wouldn't have this kind of, you know, reaction to Kamala Harris being anointed. It's just so obvious. And as the poll pointed out, and here we are again. While nearly ninety percent of voters claim at least to know Trump's positions, about one third still unsure where Harris stands. Well, I would love to speak with the third who claim they know where Harris stands, because you and I don't even know where she stands. With the exception of price control and oh yeah, the twenty five thousand dollars up front for you to go out and buy a house. Does anybody whose reaction to that My initial reaction, which is, wait a second. The down payment part twenty five thousand dollars And I know that's a lot of money, And the difficult part of buying a house is usually coming up with a twenty percent down payment. You need to buy it if they're going to go ahead and give that to you. And I know the magic is in how you actually give people money without driving up the national debt or otherwise increasing taxes. It never works out, but the price of houses will automatically immediately jump by twenty five grand I mean, isn't that If you've taken the sting out of it by giving everyone that advance, the market reaction is going to be to increase the price of the house. It's an inescapable conclusion. Anyway, Harris does better with voters. I like this this reporting Eric mac over at Newsmax in the CBS poll. He's been analyzing this. But Harris does better with voters who see her views are not entirely aligned with Biden. They're thinking that her views are not Biden's views. So if you're a voter who believes harris views are not aligned with Joe Biden's, then you're more inclined to want to vote for her. Do these people know what Harris's views are? And since the poll I think was taken after or before, rather she came out with price fixing and all this child tax credits and twenty five thousand dollars down payment covered and an idea, you might have a little more insight down to what she's actually favor of. But I think this poll was taken prior to that, so nobody knows. Harris and the Democrat Party are going to try to capitalize on distancing themselves from Biden and the policy the last three and a half years according to many political analysts right why Biden's policies apparently sucked for all of us. Meanwhile, Harris actually calling Donald Trump a coward sort of in a vague reference. Now, now go ahead and make some sense out of this word salad. Speaking in to folks in Beaver County, outside of Pittsburgh, this campaign is about a recognition that, frankly, over the last several years, there's been this kind of perversion that has taken place, I think, which is to suggest that the measure of the strength of a leader is based on who you beat down, when what we know is the real and true measure of the strength of a leader is based on who you lift up. Oh, okay, and then without saying Trump directly, she said, anybody who's about beating down other people is a coward. Okay. Day twenty nine. Kamala Harris is not held a press conference since the being emerging as the presumptive Democratic Presidentick Nolan nominee, so she hides and doesn't elaborate World Q and A on her policies if she has any, even the ones that we know she has. Donald Trump is the one that's the coward for I guess beating down people. And I'm sure that my listening audi could come up with nine thousand million different ways in which the Democrats and individuals within the Democrat Party elected and otherwise could be arguably characterized as beating down Republicans or you deplorables. Right, the analysis is just based on whose ox is being gord, I suppose anyway, and with there's only eighteen days I believe less until early voting starts. That's right, folks, Early voting starts as soon as September sixth or eligible voter in various battleground states included. So if she can just keep hiding and remain elusive and not elaborate on policy positions, then she's merely running as I'm not Donald Trump. And also, I guess and view of the poeing, she'll also be running as I'm not Joe Biden. Is that enough for the American voters to elect her as president of the United States of America just because she's not Joe Biden, frail, infirm, idiot, obviously demonstrably poor and running the country and managing the country. At least that'd be my sum and or some up over the Biden administration. We're all living it, obviously, not at the helm, not in control of the policies that came out, however you want to slice it. This has been Biden's administration, whether he's been puppet mastered or these are his own realities that we're living with right now. Demonstrably bad for the American people. We all know that. So she's running as not Biden and not Trump. Is that good enough for you? Based to plum with a little bit that we've heard so far, It scares the living hell out of me. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talker with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Yeah, stick around. Plenty more to talk about, of course, First though, fast and Pro Roofing. My dear friends at Fastened Pro Roofing, there's such great roofers. You can't find better roofing work, that is for sure. But it starts with honesty. And as I've pointed out over the years, many years, there's so many dishonest folks in the roofing business. You can't trust the guy that knocks on your front door and says, hey, I'm a roofer. Let me take a look at your roof. No, who is that person? They bonded, license, insured, They know what they're talking about, they they're doing. Are they just someone there who's like so many people on the internet, for example, trying to liberate some of the money out of your pocket. Call Fasten Pro A plus is the better business barer. They pride themselves on their honesty. They well, this is where their reputation has come from. And once you get some work done from them, reputation also built on the quality of work that they do residential and commercial roofing roofs of any type including metal roofs and terra cotta and slate. But mostly you know you got shingle roofs. That's the vast majority of us. You get that free upgrade of the certainty Landmark Pro fifty years shingle. If you're gett a shingle roof replacement, and you may not need a replacement, that's why you trust fast and Pro for that free roof inspection and free quote. If there's any work that needs to be done. You may want some exterior projects done, like I want that siding changed out. I don't want the vinyl anymore. I want hardyboard or maybe replacing the vinyl. They do all of that and so much more. It is superior work. I assure you of that. Check them out online Fasten fast and fastenproroofing dot com. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi at five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. That's seven seven four ninety four ninety.
Speaker 2: Five fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Here it is your nine first one to forecast today cloudy mostly Sonny. I have seventy nine A few clowns fifty five for the low pooler mostly Sunday Marbital Bowl average temperature of seventy six overnight little fifty three with clear skies and a sunny Wednesday to the highest seventy eight. Not bad sixty nine right now, I think about car CD talk station. Bad for in August Monday, like it or not. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, very domestic weekend at the Thomas house sold canning, bumper, tomato crop, uh, peppers, Oh my god. We spent hours in the kitchen over the weekend doing canning, of making relish, making salsa, canning tomatoes, and canning peppers. And it was actually a fun experience. So it was nice just sitting down and enjoying family time. My daughter came over and she was canning. She had his massive, massive crop at their new place, so it was kind of neat. I'm just little Americana going on the Thomas household. It's like a weekend. So anyhow, just for what that's worth, and I don't think ultimately you get a return on investment. You're not saving a lot of money over the retail prices of groceries, although if they continue to go up. Canning maybe a wonderful alternative for you. Let us see here. Okay, Trump, evil orange guy, we know that, right, but effective. One of the reasons why we appreciated Trump relative to the Biden administration was because the border crossings were dramatically lower under Donald Trump. Massively lower. Still, perhaps too many, too much for some. But finally, as we reach the conclusion, tail end of the Biden administration's illegal crossings at the US Mexico border dropped to the lowest levels in nearly four years. In July, the latest and here's the quote from the Washington Post left wing the latest indication of the Biden administration sweeping restrictions on asylum are reshaping migration trends. In July fifty six, four hundred and eight illegal crossings according to border agents that actually had an interaction with border agents, a thirty two percent decline from June, the fifth straight month it had. A month that has fallen. US border officials attribute to change two. What what has changed? Executive actions Biden announced this spring that effectively shut off access to the US asylum system for migrants who enter illegally, well to some degree anyway, It's just reduced the numbers. After you hit twenty five hundred, they shut the border down. They've worked with Mexico. Mexico is now probably it's basically working, I mean, doing what it was doing of the Trump administration, which is trying to facilitate an end to the border crossers, at least assist allowing them to force them to stay in Mexico. Border apprehensions evered more than two million per year during Biden's first three years, and in fact, as recently as December there was a record all time high for a single month. And this is so sad on a way, I'm sort of smiling over it. It's kind of like Shadenflreuda just shy of two hundred and fifty thousand in one month. That was December. But since then, monthly crossings have plumbed seventy seven percent, according to CBP data. White House spokesperson Angelo Fernandez Hernandez he said Republican lawmakers more interested in cynically playing politics than securing the border. The Biden Harris administration, he said, has taken effective action, and Republicans continue to do nothing. Wow, does he even analyze the point from which he is speaking? The Biden administration, which unrung the Trump Bell executive action which led to the decreased numbers of people flowing into our country through executive action. Executive action that unfleashed a flurry of illegal immigrants based upon the numbers that just pointed out, even a record number in December of last year. Before Yes, Joe Biden got a pen out and implemented Donald Trump's policies. Actually Donald Trump policy light and now they're crowing about it. See success. I hope the American people are smarter than the administration is, at least in so far as the position on making statements about this nonsense. Five twenty five fifty five KC detalk station local stories coming up. Alternatively your phone calls, that'd be quite welcome. But first, a strong recommendation to save money and have your car fixed properly imported cars, traditional European Asian manufactured cars. You need to take them to Ford Exchange. I strongly encourage you to take them to Westchester location Austin and the amazing team of Family Friendly, certainly AC certified Master technicians are gonna help you out. I say Family Friendly. It is very nice people there. I really appreciate the exchange I have with Foreign Exchange when I'm there. So you got that going for you. But the bottom line is your bottom line. That is what it's all about. Whatever they do for you, you get a full warranty on parts and service. And the difference between a dealership and the service department. A dealership independent Foreign Exchange will not charge you as much and sometimes substantially less. So save money. Take your car to Foreign Exchange. We're gonna have a wonderful experience. And I've been taking my cars there for years and years, and I know I've saved thousands of dollars doing just that. And that's what it's all about. Tom Brian said, how many call for the appointment? Five one, three, six, four four, twenty six, twenty six. That Westchester location is the Tylersville Road exit off seventy five and just go east two streets hanging right on Kingland driving. You're there foreign X dot com online, that's foreign the letter X dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five an iHeartRadio station that's coming up at five.
Speaker 1: Thirty one, and a happy Monday to you. You feel free to call five one three seven fifty eight hundred eight two three, Talk Time five fifty on AT and T phones and don't forget, of course, but you have Caresey dot com for the podcast, get your iHeart, Media, apseek and stream wherever you happen to be get impressed. There are some young people that are absolutely amazing. I got to speak with one of those, Abby Smith North the Kentucky Young Marines. An awesome organization. But what an amazing young lady. She is so respectful and so courteous and so intelligent and going to be off to serve in the United States and the Navy. That's her objective in life. But boy, what a great organization that. Petnavar's book, The New Maga Deal. He was a great guest. Really, he's a firecracker Beetnavarro is fresh out of prison and hitting the ground running with his new book and of course Tech Friday with Dave Hatter always a important segment to listen to keep you out of trouble and keep you on your toes when you're out there surfing the web. Anyhow, got some local stories dive on into not all good news. Sadly, according to Lieutenant Justin Bradbury with the Comington Police Department, two people were taken to the hospital after being shot inside a Covington bar. Court Lieutenant Bradberry officers shut up at one thirty am to Box Billiards on De Courcy Avenue. Two victims found inside the bar taking the UC Medical Center. Conditions unknown at the time of the reporting from Thank You Fox nineteen, Lieutenant Bradbury said, no one in custody and there's no threat to the public at least now give it some time. Got a man dad after a shooting which happened at sale Or Park on Sunday mornings. Since Saint Police officers said they were called just after midnight seventy two in a block a River Road report of a person shot. Got there, they found Michael Swerringin, thirty five years old, suffering from a gunshot wound. Officers pronounced him dead at the scene. The police have not stated if they have a suspect. Officers were still investigating the shooting as of the time of the reporting. If you got any information on it, sinceint Police would love to hear from you. Homicide Unit five one three three five two thirty five forty two. I'm sure you can call crime Stoppers as well. At three five, two thirty forty either way, slice it. Get in touch with us in Saint Police if you have any information on that one UH recovered. The two bodies were recovered from the Ohio River in less than twenty four hours. Police launched an investigation. According to Sergeant Donnie Schuckman with the Boone County Water Rescue, We're not used to having two bodies in a twenty four hour period. Started shortly after eight pm on Friday, Boone County Water Rescue and other agencies responded to the river for a possible body floating in between the Purple People and Taylor Southgate Bridges. Sergeant Schuckman said, speaking of Fox nineteen, we went out to investigate there was a person in the water. They did the recovery of that person. We brought them over to the Kentucky's side and transferred the custody to the Newport Police Department. Since At Police said they're investigating to death after a body washed up near the Ohio River on eleven am on Saturday. Again, going back to Shuckman, Boom kind of Dispatch called us to let us know that another body was on the Ohio Bank just down river of the seventy five Bridge. Said he can't release additional information about the recoveries, but believes the bodies had been in the water for about twenty four hours. Whether the bodies could be connected. Fox nineteen asks that startant. Shuckman said, all we do is recovery. That's for the investigators, and they said, the report on additional information as it is as it unfolds, and get one more in twenty nine year old man dead after a late Friday night shooting at the bank's court of the Sinsint Police. Yeah, I know, Joe. I was waiting for that, sadly. Yeah, I had's safe downtown. I know Joe. It's safe. Actually, I statistically I think you can say it is, Joe, but you know it's relative to where you. I mean, safety is a relatively defined thing. Sorry, with that, said Officer's responded to a shooting one hundred block of Elm Street near the Andrew J. Brady Center. Been there a bunch of times for concerts. This is not comforting to me. Happened about quarter eleven in the evening. Police that they've found John Blank's the third twenty nine, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. First Responders attempted life saving measures, but he died at the scene since they police did not release any suspect information at the time. But the homicide unit is handling and if you've got information, they would love to hear FRIDEO again. That number three five two thirty five forty two five thirty five a fifty fifth caroseity talk station. This little stack is stupid coming up. Always feel like I've already entered into the realm of the stack is stupid, not stupid. Zimmer for more than seventy five years, Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning helping their customers, and they'll help you too, keep your home safe and efficient, comfortable. That's what Zimmer is all about. Zimmer Heating and Cooling. Turn to and trust that third generation of experts at Zimmer, which is why they are still around for so long. That's why they're greater Cincinnat's leader in twenty four hour day, seventy a week emergency HVAC service. They'll definitely take good care of you. So if you need the new air conditioning unit, it's a perfect time to call Zimmer. So if it can't be fixed, it's on its last legs, it's time to replace it. Take advantage of the cool carrier comfort rebate and you can save up the twenty one hundred dollars on new carrier air conditioning unit. And they invented air conditioning. Carrier knows what they're doing, and so does Zimmer. So trust the folks at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. It's easy to schedule an appointment again, even in emergencies. Just go to go Zimmer dot com. Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: That is five forty one. Happy Monday to you. Good for you to call. Oh, just kick back and enjoy the EU stack of stupid, which I usually do helps me wake up at the five o'clock hour. Put a smile on your face. Hopefully at least you're not in the stack of stupid unless you're gods. Through trillis former NFL player who was arrested on Saturday after he was accused of urinating on a passenger during an airline flight, as this tradition Okay two thousand and eight first round pick on a Delta flight headed to Dublin Airline reportedly said he acted in an unruly their word man or unruly manner. Flight had to be routed back to Logan Airport in Boston. He was taking into custody after the plane landed. Please speak with local news, said Trilius was arrested for disorderly conduct. Quote Delta flight one fifty four from Boston to Dublin August seventeenth, return to Boston Logan did to an unruly customer and was met by law enforcement that the statement from Delta Delta has a zero tolerance for unlawful behavior and we'll cooperate with law enforcement to that end. We apologize to our customers for delaying their travel. He was foot of the rest of the article. I didn't really say anything at all, except about his career ending in disgrace for urinating on a passenger on an airline flight. All right, let's see stinky feet and in the headlines. After being told by his seventy five year or seventy four year old father that he had stinky feet, an Iowa man retrieved a firearm from his bedroom and shot the elderly man in the face as he was seated in a motorized scooter. Seems a bit excessive, or responded the shots fired. Sunday, the cops entered David Carpenter's house forty eight. He shares that residence with the victim outside Iowa. Six foot, three hundred pound David has called nine to one one and stated that he had just shot his father, William Carpenter, in the face. William, who survived the gunfire, believed or i, told officers that he and his son were in an argument over David's stinky feet, which escalated David grabbing his gun from his bedroom and shooting William in the face. At least question by police, David said he and his father were in the living room when William told him that his feet stink. During a subsequent heated argument that's in quotes, David claimed his father made a comment about shooting him. David said he then got his gun and pointed at his father's face, and he claimed that he then, are you ready? What do you know? What's coming right? Accidentally pulled the trigger. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. What made this even worse. At the time of the shooting, there were two children in the living room watching TV. Arrested for attempted murder and child dangermin locked in the county jails, scheduled for an August twenty twenty first preliminary hearing. He's been ordered by a judge to have no contact with the victim. Yeah, I guess if you don't want to accidentally shoot someone, if you really have no intent to shoot someone, if you're not under thread of you, if you're not under threat of grievous bodily harm or imminent apprehension of bodily harm or death, then don't put your finger on the trigger. Jeez, Louise, talk about fundamental, basic firearm safety. That's why he's been arrested for attempted murder. Well, if you didn't intend to shoot him, can you explain why your finger was on the trigger. Did you really anticipate having he used that firearm with your elderly wheelchair bound father, and considering the subject matter stinky feet, why did you retrieve a firearm? Ah five forty five ifty five? Casey, you talk today. You want your kitchen and moodel and you want it done right. You want my friend John Ryan pressed the Egon Teriors to work with you. He is your true partner in a kitchen remodeling project. Let's face of the kitchen is the heart of the home. Certainly I listened. The weekend for me demonstrates that we spent the entire weekend in the kitchen doing canning and it was fun. That's the heart of your house, that's where you all come together, whether you're cooking or just sitting around having a cup of coffee. You want a kitchen done right, and that's where John Ryan comes in because he's been doing almost exclusively kitchen remodeling for more than thirty years. He's done a ton of kitchens, including hours. We had our whole kitchen gutted and started from scratch and worked with John and used some of his ideas which worked out wonderfully for us, making the heart of the home even better in our home. It's a huge degree and that's what he can do for you. But if you don't want to go for a whole gut you can just do the cabinets and countertop kind of replacement. He'll help you stay within your budget and work with you and you will be satisfied with the work. He's with you from beginning to end. He's a perfectionist at his craft, so get in touch with him. You can visit him online and Prestige one two to three dot com tell them. Brian said, how any call for an appointment, but first check out the website Prestige one two three.
Speaker 2: Dot com, fifty five krc another and by fifty.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD talks station at a very happy Monday. See yeah Smith Aman coming up at seven thirty vice mayor, former Vice mayor of the Cities and say smither event. And we've got a couple of authors in the eight o'clock our David Scarlett, a former marine author of All for His Glory and ken Uh Kashigi in with a book Behind Closed Doors. That'll be at eight thirty. The men times go to the phone before I get back to the stack of stupid. Here from Bobby this morning, Bobby, Happy Monday. Hope you had a wonderful weekend, Happy convention week my brother or that yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're a Chicago residence in the past eight years. Question because they had all these housing issues and wanting people to bring in immigrants and everything up there, they're going to be having the hospital shut down next to the convention center nowhere space closed and everything.
Speaker 5: Well are they going to do?
Speaker 4: Is one hundred and thirty five thousand protesters today?
Speaker 1: Well, they're being bussed in. Bobby, you don't need an airport or an open hospital and just gonna bust them in. And I imagine that you know the financial backers behind those folks and probably arrange for them to stay in different places. I'm sure there are some fellow traveler activists who'd more than likely open up the doors to their homes to you know, house the pro hamas terrorist organizations, you know how it works. Or maybe yt' us join the folks on the street and sleep on the street and a tent provided by it they gat their financial backers. It'd be a really nice tent. It'll match all the other tents that all the other protesters were provided.
Speaker 4: I think the coordinations great. When they're bringing in all these people on these buses, Can they go ahead and the haul out some of the illegals while they're abbit?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, you don't want to improve conditions for Chicago's they'll think that they're on the right path.
Speaker 4: Well, brother, I tell you one thing, I appreciate everything you do. You hold the torture freedom up higher and bright. Just remember face flag, family MS. When you have those, you always have freedom.
Speaker 1: Indeed, my brother, I appreciate the calls always, man, have a great week. It's good to hear from you. Anyhow, Let's go back over to the stack of stupid married teacher. This is from Australia, charged with sexual intercourse with a child under her care after allegedly having sex with the student in the back of her car.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 1: Thirty year old Tyler Brawley arrested charged with sexual intercourse with a child under her authority, sexually touching a child under her authority, maggravated sexual assault of a child, Yes under her authority, accord to bombshell court documents. Newlywed The newlywed interesting fun fact there broke down when detectives arrived at the Southwest Sydney school where she works. Allegedly said, am Ike, I'm going to jail, aren't I. I'm gonna lose my family, my husband, my job. You know this could be repercussions for doing what you did, please say. She sent videos to the seventeen year old of why why are you doing that? Of herself pleasuring herself, and that she bought the morning After pill after an alleged sexual encounter. What ledge. A fair of the students started with the boy added Bradley on Snapchat. Oh there you go, social media, hard at work. The pair began exchanging messages in early July court to the police. The accused allegedly sent a number of photographs and videos of herself, both naked and while she was pleasuring herself. Victim also returned a number of photographs and videos of himself barely. Then invited the teen to her home, where she allegedly kissed him before taking him upstairs and then pleasuring him. There's no flag for us, man, I'm well, thankfully. Yeah. She was on duty to school when she contacted the teen and told him she was free for an hour, and then they met offsite and had sex in her car. She then purchased the morning After pill a court of the police. Contact between the pair then seized until Braley allegedly contacted the victim to ask him if he had told people about their sexual encounter. He said he didn't. He later told police that he felt like he had to send Bradley explicit messages to keep her happy. She was married in twenty twenty three Justice and divorced in twenty twenty four. Accurately stated Joe let us see here Virginia man facing federal charges after allegedly stealing a Yellowstone National Park truck near Old Faithful while intoxicated Corny. Documents by the US District Court in the District of Wyoming, Alan Bowling of Virginia attempted to buy beer at the Old Faithful Upper General Store at twenty till five pm on a Saturday. They say his credit card was declined, prompting him to leave the store and get into a Yellowstone Park service station. Heavy Wrecker. Heavy Wrecker reported being seen near Old Faithful Lodge before going the wrong way on a one way road, driving off the roadway, and then coming to arrest near a post office and ranger station. Made it a short trip for the cops there. Bowling pursuit on foot by those rangers, eventually stopped and detained at gunpoint. When I asked to identify himself, he said Nathan Patterson undisclosed. US State Marshall barely told the rangers I needed the truck to get to the United States Marshall's headquarters ain't. Court documents say he smelled strongly of alcohol. Was taken to the Mammoth Jail after being identified by witnesses reportedly refused to participate in sobriety testing, would not provide a breath sample, and refuse to comply with the blood warrant They found. The heavy record came to a stop one hundred and eighty three feet from the roadway, driving through and damaging a large wooden fence, which was property to the federal Government's now facing nine charges, including DUI destruction of federal property and disorderly conduct. The waiting for that, Joe, Thank you five efty sixty five k see the talk station. Socialism coming to a theater near you. That is, if you vote for Kamala Harris. A lot of details on that coming up. Your phone calls are always welcome. I hope to hear from you. I'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 5: Thank you, sumple back thing.
Speaker 6: Change your cards the twenty twenty four election, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: This is gon On fifty five KRC the talkstation. Are you a Claremont County veteran station? Bryan Thomas wishing everyone a happy Monday. Try to make it so anyway. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Man, I hope you can call in. You got something to talk about. You're interested in talking about something in particular. I love hearing from the listeners, So I feel free to die five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk or hit pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone and always like to throw in a reminder for fifty five car sea dot com, where you can stream the audio directly from the website or get your iHeartMedia app which allows you to listen wherever you happen to be, either to the podcast, this promote program, UH, this program later in the day, end of the podcast page, all the other iHeartMedia content. So it's just a really good good feature to have on your smart device. So fifty five care Sea dot com for all that. Coming up seven thirty every Monday, Christopher Smith and Money are with the Monday Morning Smith Event, former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Always enjoy talking to Christopher, appreciate his thoughts and comments. And I normally enjoy hearing from Brian James for Monday Monday, but he's not on today. Today we're going to hear David Scarlett. He's a former marine and he wrote a book called All for his glory, the near death experience of a modern day job that at eight oh five, followed by Ken Cashigan Kashigian, I should be able to try to pronounce his name right behind closed doors in the room with Reagan and Nixon. He's a former trusted advisor to both Reagan and Nixon, so it should be fascinating to talk with Ken. That'll again be at eight thirty. You can get those books at fifty five KRC dot com. Way over there getting your iHeartMedia app. Let us see here starts this week. Of course, today is the big day. Let us look at Chicago again. I got my popcor Rod. They're predicting one hundred thousand protesters, so no room at the end in Chicago's Bobby In the last I was seen to point out, not sure where they're going to all sleep and live. That's not our problem, it's the Democrats problem with They have pro Hamas and anti Israel. He's a lot of anti Semites flooding the city of Chicago because well it's killer Kamala. She's in the reportedly on the side of Israel at least to some degree, although less so than Joe Biden and as she tries to distance herself from her own administration. Watch that dance unfold. They are nonetheless in Chicago this week. Now it's noted that they have not had a Republican mayor in nearly a century. So how's the situation in Chicago? A few fun facts I pull from a journal article. Crime Chicago happens to lead the United States and homicides for the twelfth year in a row, and this year violent crime is at a six year high. They fault maybe changing police strategies the whole defund the police program, fewer footchases, et cetera. Property crimes rising city that has affected the city's business in retail, much like San Francisco and other cities in California. Under those policies vacancies, you have a lot of stores that are locked up, boarded up. They're gone, they've left the building, or they left the city entirely, or left the state as the case. Maybe you got some fun facts on that. Shoplifting reportedly at a twenty two year high. Of course, that makes it running a business profitably very difficult. They major retailers as well as grocery stores have closed, leaving those food deserts and food islands, thanks for stealing and ruining what was very well, It's difficult to make business, make money in the grocery business anyway. Profit margins are in the low single digits. So when you start stealing, you couple that along with food chain distribution problem and other things like waste because stuff goes bad, you got to throw it away. The grocery business is tough to survive in any way. So yeah, while Kamala Harris screams about price gouging, I thinks she fails to appreciate that you're dealing with margins of like four percent, and when you're in it a particularly difficult neighborhood where there's a lot more crime and a lot more shoplifting, you lose your grocery store. Mayor Brandon Johnson proposed well to open three city owned grocery stores for the purpose of tackling so called food inequity. Could cost twenty seven million dollars up front. Corner of the journal. Why not simply fix what's driving out private retailers, they ask, rhetorically, No, no, no, no, no, we need a government program for that because our budget is so sound or maybe not. City budget has a five hundred and thirty eight million dollar hole. There's a fifty one billion dollar pension debt. They taxed literally everything in Chicago, from fountain drinks to parking tax, amusement tax, even have a boat mooring tax on top of a ten point twenty five percent combined state local sales tax. Yeah, that's good for business, isn't it. Johnson's calling for another eight hundred million dollars in new levies considering the five hundred and thirty eight million dollar hole in the massive multi billion dollar pension debt they've gotten. See here, Chicago Metro Area's unemployment rates six point two percent, which you know, basedupon historic numbers, doesn't sound too high, but it's the highest of any big city in the entire country. H We talked a lot last week, Well, at least in part I did Chicago schools suck? Suck massively. Now, the Journal report's only twenty one percent of eighth graders in twenty twenty two were proficient in reading. I think the numbers are worse than that, based upon what I read last week. The teachers' unions were on the schools, and they give a lot of money to the politicians. Of course, Mayor Johnson got a whole ton of money from the Chicago Teachers Union, which is currently asking for a nine percent annual raise into the future, resulting in I think the figure I read last week was fifty one thousand dollars extra per teacher, and there are single digit math proficiency levels for eighth graders single digit. Also, the sad realities in Chicago. Remember more than or one hundred years of Democrat rule. Boeing has left, Citadel has left Morton Salt most recent to the addition to the growing list of major companies that have left Chicago for more safer friendly city slash states. Morton's been around there for one hundred and eighty years. A few years ago they had to cut forty percent of their workforce to help meet their business goals. Morton now relocating in Overland Park, Kansas. Caterpillar left a while back Boeing. I just mentioned Boeing. They announced back in May of twenty two they were leaving, going to Arlington, Virginia. Caterpillar June twenty twenty two, they announced they were relocating their headquarters too well, Texas, after ninety years in Peoria, Illinois. Citadel the hedge fun Ken Griffin runs that one moved to Miami, Florida, apparently after one of ken Griffin's colleague was robbed at gunpoint and another was approached by, in his words, some random lunatic just trying to punch him in the head. That in an interview with Bloomberg, he's worth over thirty eight billion dollars. He's now so now a Florida resident, along with his company, TTX Railcar Company declared they were leaving for leaving Chicago for North Carolina, Charlotte specifically. They made that announcement last year in twenty twenty three. That move created one hundred and fifty jobs in North Carolina. They pledged to invest fourteen and a half million dollars in the county. They moved to poses a unique opportunity for TTX that provides for strategic partnership to strengthen our business, apparently something they were unable to do in Chicago. Tyson Foods, they left the world's second largest producer of chicken, beef, and pork. They were the sixth company to announce in twenty twenty two they were leaving Illinois. Five hundred corporate jobs in Chicago and Downers Grove offices moving to Arkansas. Imagine the tax climate and the business climate a lot better in Arkansas than it could ever hope to be in Chicago. A few un facts on the city that's been run by Democrats for about one hundred years. Pay attention while you're there, Democrats, That's exactly what Kamala Harris wants for you, just bringing that fun to everybody. Six point fifteen to fifty five k C detalk station. You have a plumbing project, maybe an emergency project. You want to call plumb type plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. They serve the greater Cincinnati area from northern Kentucky all the way to Dayton and surrounding climes. Plumb Tights Mission, and they will, like they do with every customer, provide you with a truly exceptional customer experience plumbing experience. They accomplished this by delivering the highest quality products and services and customer relations in the industry. And let me underscore this part at affordable and fair pricing a plus accredited with a better business bearer. They've been that way since they started been around for twenty five years, and I've used Plumb type plumbing for a whole bunch of projects over the years, including emergencies. They're there for you, and again the price is done right and they will take great care of you. So plumbing done right and they live by that motto. Plumtight dot com. That's T I T E. Plumtight dot com. Call them up, tell them. Brian said, how would you please five one three seven two seven tight. That's five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Twenty fifty five KRCD talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk comp five fifty on AT and T phone. So this year, ref you used to talk with anybody about the specifics of her proposals. At least Kamla Harris has invited us to witness what she has in store for us, which is Venezuelan style of socialism. Some are calling it communism. Price gouging. What should the price of any given item cost? Well, the government's going to decide that, apparently under her plan, penalties on businesses that gouge. Whatever the FTC gets to decide gouging is who's going to have control over this if she gets her way, So what is excessive? How much did a gallon of mill cost here? How much of that same gallon of mill cost in San Francisco or Chicago or New York. Usually there are other forces of work, like the cost of you know, real estate taxes, the cost of government in any given place can really impact the price of what people are selling things for taxation policy, et cetera. So go ahead and try to figure that one out. But she said she's going for it. She's gonna, I'm telling you, we're gonna we're gonna control prices. So since she was borders are, and they've pivoted over. No, she wasn't borders are. She's root causes are. She was there to determine why folks were fleeing let's say Venezuela for example. The answer things like price controls. So that's what she learned, and now she wants to bring it to us. Catherine, when you lose the Washington Post and you're a Democrat, you got a problem on your hand. So the Washington Post left wing paper as much as one could be. Catherine Rampell pointed out price gouging is the focus of a vice President. Kamala Harrison's economic agenda her presidential campaign says she'll crack down and access prices and excessive corporate profits, particularly for groceries. So what level counts as excessive, you might ask to be determined. B Harris will ban it, She goes on, It's hard to exaggerate how bad this policy is. It is in all but name a sweeping set of government enforced price controls across every industry, not only food supply. De Man would no longer determine prices or profit levels far off Washington bureaucrats would if the FTC would be able to tell, say, Kroger in Ohio, the acceptable price it can charge for milk at best, this would lead to shortages, black markets, and hoarding, among other distortions seen previous times in countries who tried to limit price growth by Fiat see Venezuela. You print too much money, inflation goes up, which ends up chasing too few goods instead of acknowledging their monetary mistakes. Props to James Freeman for this line. Thuggish dictators respond by punishing the producers of goods and invariably end up with an economy that produces even fewer goods and suffers for more inflation. Why produce anything if the government makes you operate at a loss? Of course you don't and you can't. The government's not connected with the realities on the ground of market forces, and that landscape can change on a moment's notice. When you're a business owner, you probably understand and recognize this. How is it that the FTC in remote Washington, DC will be able to stay up on top of what you're facing real time right now? They can't, of course they can't go back to August twenty eighteen Los Angeles Times then, as well as currency has now lost more than ninety percent of its value since January. Despite that, government stubbornly maintains price control on many basic products such as rice and beans, and economic straight jacket for many price controls continue to create an enormous incentive for smuggrowers, who can acquire food items at government subsidized prices and then resell them in Columbia or Brazil at market prices, reaving enormous profits. The practice has left shelves bear in grocery stores so you don't just get food deserts in areas of cities where crime is so rampant that a market, that a supermarket operating on a two percent profit margin, can't stay in business. This gets rolled out to literally every grocery store in the United States of America. This is going to be fine, isn't it. You know, one thing after another is just it's been done and it's tried. Even President Nixon tried it. He had a backpedal on his there's a separate op ed piece Kamala Harrison Doors's nixonomics he tried that led to lines and shortages. Of course's price jumped up dramatically once the price controls were lifted because they weren't working. People didn't have the goods that they were looking for in any at any price. And of course the prices went up after the price controls left. People said, wow, this has gotten expensive. But at least you were able to buy something. The product became available because he was people were able to produce it and still generate at least some sort of profit. Oh and then there's the child tax credits and the other proposals she had, including giving I guess certain individuals a twenty five thousand dollars advanced to buy their homes, which if you do the economic reality on that one, just watch the price of any given home jump by yes, twenty five thousand dollars six twenty five ifty five k C detalk station. She's at Low's Camp speaking of houses and mortgages and things of that nature. Most everybody needs a mortgage when they buy a house, and that's why you call seset Low's Camp. And you'll never work with anyone in the mortgage business that's better than Suzette from a customer service standpoint, from a knowledge of the industry standpoint, thirty five plus years in the mortgage business. She's with Cross Country Mortgage Meanings. She can help you secure a mortgage or refinance in any state of Union and Puerto Rico. So personal service, you get great service, and you get it with no junk fees or application fees. It's always great rates at a low cost. So whether it's getting money out of what you've built up in your home by way of a refinance to get some equity out, or your first time buyer like my daughter who I was happy to refer to her to Susette, and boy did it work out great for her and her A boyfriend, So call her up five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five to one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Send her an email Suzette dot Low's camp that's spelled l O s E KA mt sus at dot lows camp at CCM.
Speaker 2: Dot com, fifty five KRC still.
Speaker 1: Miss six thirty year, fifty five kr C DE talk station, and fifty five KRC dot com. Don't forget podcasts in the iHeart meeting yapp fire over there, you're gonna jump into local stories. You can still call if you'd like. You got one hour from now we're gonna hear from Christopher smitheman and enjoy talking to Christopher on a Monday any other day for that matter. Got a man dad. This shooting that happened in Salor Park early on Sunday morning, courts In Saint Police they got called just after midnight seventy two hundred Blocker River Road report of a person shot. When they got there, they found thirty five year old Michael swerringe and suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Ultimately, police haven't stated that they have a suspect or none. Officers still investigating the shooting, but if you have information, since Saint Police Homicide Unit would love to hear from you. Uh five one three, three five two thirty five forty two or three five two thirty forty If you want to call crime stoppers, I don't think they'd care one way or another if you've got a tip that might lead to an arrest. Two people had to be taken to the hospital after being shot inside of a Covington bar, coming to police. Reporting on this with a statement for Lieutenant Justin Bradbury. Speaking with Fox nineteen, he said officers called around one thirty the morning a box Billiard on De Corse Avenue, where they found two victims inside the bar who were taking the UC Medical Center conditions unknown at the time of the reporting. Lieutenant Bradbury said, nobody is in custody, then there's no threat to the public. Now police are still investigating. Imagine the Comington Police Department would love to hear from you if you got anything on that one. Two bodies found floating near the Ohio River. The period of just two days, two bodies recovered less I'm sorry, less than twenty four hours according to Sergeant Donnie Schuckman of the Boone County Water Restue said, we're not used to having two bodies in the twenty four hour period started on eight pm. Just after eight pm on Friday, they had to respond to the river for a possible body floating between the Purple People Bridge and Taylor Southgate Bridge, where they did well fish a body out recovered a person. According to the sergeant Shuckman, speaking with the news please said they're investigating death after another body recovered near the Ohio River shortly or near the Ohio River shortly after eleven am on s Saturday. Again, Sergeant Shuckman said, Boon County Dispatch called us and let us know that another body was on the Ohio Bank just downriver of the seventy five Bridge. Not known yet if there's any connection between the two. Schuckman had this to say, Listen, all we do is the recovery side. That is for the investigators, in other words, determining whether there's any connection. Both recovery investigations, they say, are ongoing. Twenty nine year old man dead after a late Friday night shooting at the banks. This one is quite disturbing. I've been to the Andrew J. Brady Center a whole bunch of times with my wife for concerts. This shooting happened at ten forty five pm one hundred block Elm, which is near the Andrew Brady Center. At least said they found John Banks the blanks rather the third dead. He was twenty nine years old, schoffering from I'm sorry, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He died at the scene. To the Sinsint Police Department, they didn't release any suspect information, but they do want to hear from you if you have any information. Homicide Unit number again five one three, three, five, two thirty five forty two and over to bond Hill since an planning commission voted Friday to pass a mixed use housing proposal to go over the city Council for a full vote. Three to one. Vote came after dozens of Bondhill neighbors testified against the project. According to WCPO, who got a quote from one of the residents, Jason Donney, said, we were alerted of a potential project that would come literally behind our homes that we were not in favor of. He started a petition back in June that garnered about two hundred and twenty signatures from fellow subdivision residents opposing the plan. Community has said no. Bondhill Community Council has said no. Our Temple A and E Church is not in support this particular project. So you have the whole quarter of people and entities who were saying no against this right this second Executive president of LDG Developments, Christy Lanier Robinson, said, we are long term investors in the community and this is one of the first important things we want people to know. Okay, I don't know that that satisfies the residents' concerns right now. After meetings with the residents and June, developer amended its original plan, reducing the number of total units from one sixty eight down to one fifty, reducing the height of one building from four to three stories, removing the pool, and providing additional twenty parking spaces and granting conservation agreement with the homeowners association there. So they're still not happy about it. Project now heading to full since a city council for vote at a later date, So it's what the residents want or what since a city council wants, so Joe, but you see, the council is supposed to represent the constituents. These are the constituents with councils saying yes to a project that they're saying no to. Yes. Okay, all right, I just want to make sure I got the landscape on this one correct. Yes, thank you Joe six six but you five care city talk station Nah. According to Jeff, just had his biannual eight air conditioning service. I got this email from him this past Friday. Air conditioning company said that because of the USA insulation that Jeff and his family did years ago, his HVAC equipment is aging much more slowly than normal for a house of our size. This is what the tech told him, probably due to the fact that the unit does not have to run as long due to the insulations keeping the house inside temperature steady well keeping the outside weather outside. That's a statement from Jeff. Jeff, thank you very much for confirming what USA has been telling me for years that I failed to pass along to listeners. So you save money on your monthly energy bill. You have a more comfortable home, which Jeff has pointed out previously. He paid off his USA installation with the energy savings in just two short years. Boom. He enjoyed the comfort the whole time, and now his air conditioning unit is lasting longer, as confirmed by his service. So there's another benefit of USA's FOAM. You also get a twelve hundred dollar energy tax credit. And if you have the PHAM in the inject into the exterior walls of your home if you need it, a free inspection will determine whether it's going to help or not. And we'll be honest with you about that. Uh, They're going to insulate your attic for free. So free attic insulation, improved comfort, lower energy bills, a twelve hundred dollars energy tax from the government, and your AC and HVAC units are going to last longer. The ultimate no brainer. I always say it. Call for that free inspection and free quote. Five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam online, USA Insulation dot Net.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: Six forty one. Happy Monday, Pretty call five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk. I'd running through what.
Speaker 4: Do we know?
Speaker 1: Abou Kamala Harris's strategy, Venezuelan and style price controls, which we all know the outcome of that if you paid any attention to history, which he clearly hasn't. Or maybe she's counting on the American people to be ignorant to the realities of history, because from if you go from Russia, anybody my age remembers the breadlines in Russia price controls, you can't make any money. You can't buy the goods and services necessary. The labor and the material cost outweighs what you're gonna get in return for baking a loaf of bread. You don't bake it, This doesn't work. And how much you a loaf of bread costs anyway, I mean, you got to ask these questions that the FDC is going to be, you know, determining whether or not any given a good is you're being gouged on the price. I'm sorry, I feel like I need to gravitate toward a What a pound of coffee costs a Kruger, and boy, you're being gouged on that versus what you pay for a prepared cup of coffee at Starbucks. Who's gouging whom? But every time you engage in price control it results in shortages period end of story. Again, going back to Nixon, he tried it, and he failed miserably at it. It just does not work. Now, moving over to the expanded child credit, let us see here thirty six hundred dollars child credit with a bonus of six thousand dollars for newborns. Okay, Well, I've always been against the tax code manipulating our behavior, and I don't know a single human being would make a decision on bringing a new life into this world simply because they're going to get six thousand dollars in a tax credit one time. Just do the math on what it takes to raise a child. And I'm not trying to discourage it. The value and the reward you get from being a parent far exceeds the cost of raising a child. But sadly enough, even if you believe that that is a great idea, it's available for people who don't work. It will be a guaranteed income plan. That's all this is.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: If someone came out and said I'm gonna give every citizen six thousand dollars and guaranteed income even if they don't have a job, this has been rejected time and time again, and when they've tried that kind of proposal in test groups, like we're gonna do a lottery and fifteen hundred people are gonna be eligible for a one thousand dollars a month income, just guaranteed income. It doesn't change people's behaviors and it doesn't improve their employment situation. They just become, yes, reliant on the thousand dollars that you gave them, and don't go out and earn that extra money or make up for it elsewhere. So whatever. But this tax credit she's talking about is essentially guaranteed income because you don't have to have a job to take advantage of the tax credit when you're doing your taxes. Yes, even people who don't do taxes can turn a tax before a form in because they're eligible for this guaranteed income type thing. There's a kick in earnest. The American Rescue plans earn income tax credit to boost childless households as well, so no children, let's give you fifteen hundred dollars. Studies show that this does not promote work, and it's rife with fraud. Apparently, according to the Internal Revenue Service, the improper payment rate of the American Rescue plan earn income tax credit twenty five percent. Twenty five cents out of every dollar that came through that plan while it was in it was active, was fraud. And we can get to the twenty five thousand dollars down payment assistance for first time home buyers as well. Six forty five. But you five care see the talk station twenty two three, Route forty two between Mason eleven and the best firearms and gun store and inthoor shooting range you're ever going to visit. Ever, start with the owners Wendy and Jeff. You'll just you have to appreci shape what wonderful people there, and they really are great employees, knowledgeable, friendly, it's a welcome environment. They can help you out with your firearm purchases, answering questions. They have classes of all types from beginners to all the way through experienced shooters class. And if you're new to the range brand new, you've never been there before. Twenty two three is doing a range special because it is National Shooting Sports the month of August, so you're gonna get some free swag when you stop on in twenty two three and use the range if you've been there before, but bring someone that hasn't been there. That friend of yours is going to shoot on your lane for free, and you're both going to be getting some swag. So while it's available, take advantage of this one and you'll enjoy the range. It's the cleanest, safest indoor range you're ever going to be on. So trust my friends at twenty two three 'ro oute forty two between Mason and Lebanon. Find them online and learn more about everything they have, including membership options. It's twenty two to three dot com. The number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out twenty two three dot com, fifty five.
Speaker 7: Car the talk station between the lines are beyond.
Speaker 1: Fifty fifty by Kercity talk Station. Good luck with a new school year, young people heading off to school. It just still seems awfully early from my standpoint, regardless. Le's go to the bones September one, Joe, are you and I are on this? Oh? Kevin? Oh I know that that's what's been on. Oh No, I don't know that. Pease refer to the callers that are lined up. We're gonna start with Kevin. Linda, hang on a second to get your call. Rud for Kevin, Kevin, Welcome to the program. Happy Monday, Happy Monday.
Speaker 8: Brian quick comment regarding raising children. The average cost to raise one child over two hundred grand, the average cost to raise two over three hundred grand.
Speaker 1: Did I spend that much?
Speaker 8: Hey, Between you and I, I'll keep that a close secret.
Speaker 1: Thanks man. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I go back to the weekend. You bring that up, and yeah, you look at it over the cost of your life. And my daughter's twenty eight years old, but she's here. She is in our kitchen yesterday, canning, and she has her own home, and she's got her own you know, they're living their life and everything's great. But she's got this farm now growing all kinds of vegetables. And there she is, she's canning, and that warmed my heart to no end. My daughter has become so wonderful, industrious, she's just become this craft's person. She just it just is it just you. You can't buy the kind of glow and love that you get from having your children just turn out so nice. I think she's ever gonna be a multimillionaire. I think she has aspirations for that. She just seems so content and happy with her life right now, like I can say the same for my son. You know, he did a different place, you place in his life and everything. But wow, I mean, you tell me early on if I knew what I was going to get at the end and it was gonna cost me. Here, you got to write a check for three hundred thousand dollars and this is what you're ultimately gonna get. Sign me up. I'd have paid for it up front. But see that's because I know on the back end how and wonderful. It is always absolutely not yes, rocky roads all over the place with being a parent, but the return is not only the love of your children and the joy you get watching them grow and develop. But you know what, you as a person learn yourself about yourself. It's amazing what children teach parents about themselves. You got to stare yourself face in the face with your own problems and issues. You have to be you know, you have to demonstrate it's what is right and proper for a child. You have to put them in that environment so they don't turn out poorly. This forces you to change your own behavior, so you're not well a hypocrite, it's just the you can't put a price tag on that. I don't care what people say. I know how selfish young people are. I don't hate you, need whatever, Linda, thanks for holding you. Welcome to the fifty five Cassey Morning Show. Thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 9: Thank you brilliant. You can all join you in that. I told my kids that without them I would have never grown up.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You just summed up what I couldn't. I couldn't find the sum up words for Linda.
Speaker 9: I want you to know that we lived overseas for about ten years. We lived in England, and when we first went over in nineteen eighty, I had a family of five I had to feed. I went to the local store. I stood in line, and when my turn came, I said I needed a pound of ham because I was going to make it last a week, you know, for sandwiches. Yes, And someone in back of me went, ah, she's getting more than her share. Oh lord, No, this is what rationing did over there. They were just at the end of it. And when everyone's talking about price, about prices of food, and we're going to regulate food and prices, this is what you get. You get communism. This month, you can have twelve potatoes this month, you can have seven eggs. They control you through food, through healthcare, through the car you can buy. Yeah, set up new agencies for people to monitor, monitor how much food you are eating, how much you're bringing into your home. You know, when are people going to wake up that this is China and the United States is built on something different and it's good. China's bad, that system's bad. When are people going to wake up?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you, sadly, Linda, I fear it. They'll wake up after it's too late and the bell can't be on wroung. I mean, what happened to the Soviet Union under their price control system? Right? The entire system collapsed. It caved in on itself without an oppressive government and military and well, of course the evil Internet and the over that are literally watching you and issuing your credit score. That's part of the equation now too, that the Soviet Union sadly can look back on it and say, gosh, darn it, I wish we had the Internet and social scoring. Maybe things would They collapsed on us people ratting each other out because oh my god, the next door neighbors just look what they brought into their house. There's a giant box. It looks like a brand new television or something. Here. Let me call the authorities and as the pricing on food, you know, one of the things that's really nefarious. Who brings us regulations on the farming industry in the name of global warming or whatever, making the cost of actually producing so expensive relative to what the farmers get that well, they're dropping out of the farming game. Why is John Mellencamp still doing farm aid for small farmers out there because they can't compete with the big corporate farms who are the beneficiaries of all kinds of subsidies and can manage the regulatory things that the government throws out in the name of filling the blank, which includes of course climate change. Yet reducing the supply of available food is what you get with that. Of course, supply reduction equals price increases. But don't worry. The government, which caused those prices to go up, is there to rescue you with well priced caps. And you know the result of that coming up in six fifty seven, stick around got more to talk about off top of their plus Christopher Smithman at seven thirty of you right back the twenty twenty four election. I was going to get into ba Kamala Harris, and now President Trump's going to get into debater. I'm kind to get kicked off about that. On fifty five KRS the talk station, this report is spunked the twenty four election.
Speaker 10: I don't think Trump or Biden.
Speaker 1: Is giving us a lot to talk about and do what needs to be done. On fifty five KRC seven oh six, fifty five care CD Talks Nation. Brian Thomas wishing you a happy Monday. Try to make it so anyway, Kick off, get your popcorn out for the Democratic National Convention this week in a city that is literally falling apart after one hundred years of pure Democrat rule and whatever. The fun facts on that earlier in the program podcast are available fifty five caresee dot com as our books. We've got two authors coming up. Bottom of the r of course, Christopher Smithman joins the program every Monday at seven thirty for the smith Event. One hour from now, fast forward to David Scarlett, former marine author of the book we'll talk about All for His Glory, the near death experience of a modern day job. It should be interesting, and we'll also hear from Ken Kashigian, who wrote a book called Behind Closed Doors in the Room with Reagan and Nixon, apparently was a trusted advisor and confidant to both Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon. So great period of time to talk about with Ken. That'll take place at eight thirty. Conversations with you can take place now. Call five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty, five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk fifty on AT and T phones. Sadly enough, the most recent CBS poll shows a dead race between well, Kamala Harris and Donald Trump. Moving over to battleground states the same Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Divuna, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, the new CBS poll shows they're a fifty to fifty split there. Most people don't know anything about where Kamala Harris stands well until we found out on Friday when she rolled out this outrageous agenda to lower costs for American families and of course went through the idea of capping prices and what that result leads to, which well documented historically from the Roman Empire all the way through the Nixon administration. Then pivoting over to Venezuela. Literally, every single government who has endeavored to regulate the price of food out in the world, or anything else for that matter, has resulted in the same outcome, less of whatever it is that's regulated, and sometimes the complete absence of whatever is regulated. So you know, you want your eggs at a dollar a dozen. Guess what They're not going to be in the grocery store, because, of course the producers of the eggs pay far more than that to produce them. And again, how is the government in Washington, DC going to determine what is a fair price? What is an appropriate price? What is the right profit margin for any given lowcal given that like housing, for example, which she thinks she's going to solve the problem by giving you twenty five thousand dollars up front. Oh go ahead, we got your down payment covered thanks to the American taxpayer. That comes at a massive cost, folks. But the economic reality is the price of houses just go up twenty five thousand dollars. The playing field remains at the same place. It is, regardless of what government tries to do to manage the hit that you have to take simple laws of supplying to man, and it comes at a massive costs. As I mentioned now, the nonpartisan Committee for Responsible Federal Budget took a look at this recently released agenda to lower costs for American families. Expansions of the child tax cut and Earned Incomes Tax Credit, which means it's a government program to give people money who aren't even working. If you have a kid, you're gonna get six thousand dollars, whether or not you go out and earn it all. Just fill out the tax return, take advantage of the six grand, and they'll send you a check. That's what that is. Extension to health insurance premium subseason the Affordable Care Acts is going to cost Those are going to expire at the end of the next year. The twenty five thousand dollars tax credit for the first time home buyers had just mentioned expand tax cut is for building affordable housing. What is affordable? What's affordable in like say, Peoria versus what's affordable in San Francisco. Different landscape, and it's noted. You know, the price of housing often impacted most notably by states and localities. They're the ones responsible for regulating housing. Look at what the city of Cincinnati's doing. Ask the residents of Bond Hill if they're happy about what's being shoved down their throat. Harris wants to federalize housing, encourage affordable home construction. You know, apparently it costs a million dollars to build an affordable house in California. I mean, think about that. It's because of regulations in micromanagement by the Californians. Oh, we can't have that. It'll ruin our Pristinett neighborhood. We can't have that. It's going to do blank blank blank plying you can't do that. You're not allowed to run a gas line anyway. That has resulted in it just basically insanity in terms of cost to build a house, simply building a house in California. How are you going to solve that problem? Is the federal government going to swoop in and wipe away all of the individual rules and regulations and restrictions at any given locale in the state of California or even here. It's a Charlie foxtrot of the highest magnitude. But anyway, going back to this nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which only has the bare bones outlines that you and I have and nothing more by way of filling in the blanks of her proposals, because she won't entertain questions about it. And we only have a handful of days before the election, eighteen days, and it's been twenty eight days since she held a press conference. Today's day day twenty nine, and people start early voting in eighteen days, voting on a wing in a prayer. Anyway. The Committee for Responsible Federal Budget says these plans collectively increase the federal budget defence by one point seven trillion over the next decade. I think that's a conservative figure. They say it's going to rise to two trillion if the temporary housing policies of the vice president are eventually made permanent. In what government program that is temporary is ever made permanent, With the exception of tax cuts perhaps like Donald Trump brought in, those of course had a date that they end, which is fast approaching. But in so far as things that give you and me money in our pockets or purport to, once those are in place and nobody ever lets them go away, it's like Social Security. We can't fix that. We'll be taking money away from people that we promised it to so while the details are uncertain, the Committee for Responsible Federal Budget said, look, a lot of them look exactly like the Biden Harris administration's most recent budget proposals. So they had done some number crunching on that based on their analysis of what her campaign release. The cost of new tax credits and spending with total about one point nine to five trillion over ten years, rising to two point twenty five trillion at the housing is made permanent, and here's one. They say the figure would be partially offset by about two hundred and fifty billion million dollars in savings from lower prescription drug costs, which the Biden administration is currently endeavoring to negotiate. Now, what does that mean? You and I will pay less for any given prescription that's on the list of the Biden administration's price controls. So they negotiate the prices pharmaceutical companies get paid under the various programs, right, you know, your Medicare and Medicaid whatever. So they negotiate, basically, force the pharmaceutical companies to accept a lower price than is currently being charges. Whatever that is. This Committee for Responsible Budget determined it will be two hundred and fifty billion dollars savings for the population. Okay, good, Oh sigh relief, My prescription is less. But the way I read that, and a way that I think this obviously turns out, is that's two hundred and fifty billion dollars less for the pharmaceutical industry because they're the ones that obviously get the money you pay for the prescription drug, you know, through a variety of different channels that ultimately lands in their pocket. Well, two hundred and fifty billion dollars less for them. What does that t translate to, right, no more new drugs or a drug shortage. You've taken the money that these companies invest in future drugs out of the pot from which they use money to well develop future drugs. And it takes ten years to get a drug to market at a cost of like a billion dollars. These are life saving drugs. These are things that we're going to be counting on. You know, how is it that this magic ozembic weight loss drug is now taken by every man, woman, and child? Where did that come from? Right? Research and development? Billions of dollars probably spent by pharmaceutical companies to create that Originally for diabetics now for everybody with a weight problem, and a lot of people are getting the benefit from it. You know, long term effects to be determined, I suppose, But just looking at the result of that, I mean, is it not a wonderful thing in a world where people are morbidly obese and have massive problems trying to get rid of that? And that is a huge driver of health care period, whether it's diabetes or early death, heart attack, strokes, you know, all of it can be pointed to. It can be contributed a weight loss. So along comes the pharmaceutical which may ultimately save us all that down the road, but it's expensive. Take the profit margins out, you end up with well, nothing out there in the world that can help deal with those problems because the pharmaceutical compani's profit incentive has been taken away from them. It's the same thing with groceries, folks. There is no working around the economic reality of this. Datis Hang on a second. I see that you are on the line. I'd love to take your call, but I see also the amount of time at seven sixteen. I'll be right back with more to talk about. Plus Dennis's phone call out of the gate first Emory Federal Credit Union a better way to bank. It's Emory Federal Credit Union. In banking with Emory for years and years and certainly love the services and congratulations to Emory because they open the doors of nineteen thirty nine celebrating eighty five years of accomplishment and well benefit to their members. And by being a member of Emory, you get the benefits of Emory, including special discounts. And they're also to be doing public convention. You're not going to women want to miss any of them. One of the things they're doing in celebration of eighty five years, it's boosting your savings deposit with a certificate rate five point two percent for six months. That's right, you heard me right. That's a great rate, five point two percent for six months. Certain restrictions apply. It is a limited time offer. So to learn all about this one and the rest of the special discounts in other ways you can celebrate, visit EMERYFCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot Org NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven, federally ensured by NCUA Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station Matt seven twenty one.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about KRCD talk station. Happy Monday. Christopher Smith been kind of next to re Vice Manor of the City of Cincinnati for the Smith event. How many times go to the phones. Thank you to Dennis kind enough to hold over the break. Welcome to the program, sir, it's good to hear from you today.
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning, Brian, Hey, thank you. I've got my popcorn out and I'm actually wishing for good results from Chicago, and some of that can be that well, that the people in the who aren't in favor of seeing it fundamentally transformed. We'll see what the Democrats look like when they invite a bunch of lunies together, and that they're not in all likelihood it's not going to come back and be messaged by the media, but people for themselves will see that, you know, the whole anti Israel the thing is is funded by overseas sources in a large part, and that the behavior is probably going to be bad, and that it gives a chance for the people to see what the Democrats look like. And that's what I really kind of hope will happen, is that we'll get to do a little bit of the research later on and find out where all the money came from. And we'll see where the lunatics and the Democratic Party come out and speak in favor of their cohorts that are anti Israel and really anti America.
Speaker 1: I can't disagree with you at all. And also the Democrat Party elites who probably do not struggle with the day to day realities of Democrat policies, like the residents of the city of Chicago. We'll get to late witness firsthand to the realities of what one hundred years of Democrat control does to a city. And these fun facts are all on full display. Led the nation and homicides for the twelfth year in a row, m violent crimes at a six year high. Business and retail shops have shut down and left the city and the state. Shopliftings at a twenty two year high. Businesses are boarded up and gone. Grocery stores have closed, major retail outlets have left. Let's see here. Unemployment rate is the highest of any big city in the country. I mentioned businesses leaving. I went through the whole litany of large businesses, including most recently Boeing, Citadel and Morton Salt just packed its bags up and left after one hundred and fifty or so years in Chicago. Get a load of the budget thanks to you, big city government. Five hundred and thirty eight million dollars hole in the annual budget, a fifty one billion dollar pension deficit. They taxed literally everything that moves and does not move up there. I went through that myself. I lived in Chicago, in the Greater Chicago area like Oak Park for eight years, and I took a one third pay cut to come back here in nineteen ninety eight with my wife, and our standard of living improved dramatically, making less money, enjoying a far higher standard of living. We did, and we moved here, and it's been that way ever since, and it's only gotten worse by from a relative standpoint here versus Chicago. Based upon what I'm reading you right now, Johnson Mayor Johnson's calling for another eight hundred million dollars in new tax levies. Why, well, I guess because of the five hundred and thirty eight million dollars hole they've dug themselves into. The school district sucks. I went through those facts last week. It says only twenty one percent of the eighth graders in twenty twenty two were proficient and reading. I think that numbers actually dropped. I know the math percentage rate is in these single digits. And yet the teachers unions want a fifty one thousand effectively pay increase nine percent every year for the next several years. That's what they're negotiating with the Johnson administration. And they, of course, the Chicago's teachers Union, which runs the schools, gave him a ton of money in his election efforts. Oh and parenthetically, speaking of those from outside the city of Chicago coming in the city of Chicago to make the minds up for the Democrat voters who've been deprived of a choice in those matters the party elites. Mayor Johnson's approval rating is under thirty percent, described as among the lowest in the city's history. So the mainstream media may not show it, the residents of the city of Chicago are feeling it. And then there's that pesky immigration problem that was left out of the articles that I have read discussing the woes and trials and tribulations of Chicagoan's yeah, like New York, who's already spent I think five billion dollars on the problem created by the Kamala Harris and Biden administration. Chicago's in the same situation. Yeah, it's great up there. Seven twenty five. Now you know why, I'm so happy that I made the right decision of my wife and I made the right decision to move back here so long ago. Best decision, one of the best decisions I ever made in my life, just right after marrying my wife. Seven twenty five, fifty five kre see the talk station. Colin Electric could be a good decision for you to call Collin Electric for your residential electric projects. They literally do everything from the smallest to the largest electric project. You get a ten year wiring warrant you on everything they do. They're great at customer service. They're very, very respectful of you and your home. You'll be happy watching the well oiled machinery that is Calling Electric fulfill your electric project needs. And they are a great machine. I'm telling you got to kick out of the Canlight project. Lily the electrician man. She was barking out orders getting that team get just boom boom boom. It was done in no time. That's the way they operate, and the price of course was right. They're the folks with the right connection, so confidently called Colin Electric and please tell Brian said hi when you do twenty five years in business. Congratulations Andrew Cullen and the team five one three, two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Online you'll find them at column that's U L E and Color Electriccincinnati dot com fifty.
Speaker 7: Five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Uh, look up, it's either gonna be mostly cloudy or mostly sunny according to Channel nine seventy nine to the high regardless fifty five overnight low with few klows Mars sunny Sky's seventy six overnight clear in fifty three and a sunny Wednesday with the highest seventy eight Right now sixty eight. In time for a traffic update, Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center with U see health.
Speaker 6: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments and give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit UCHealth dot com.
Speaker 6: Cruise continue to work with an accident at westbound two seventy five. It's just after you get Pass seventy five in Sharonville southbound seventy five slows through Lockham Sycamores Block Doth at Liberty due to a water main break. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seventy nine coming on with seven thirty fifty five KRCD Talk Station. It is that time of week every Monday. Get here from the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman for the smith Event. More fundamentally, today is a very important day in the life of Joe Strecker. Happy anniversary, Fritz, Fritz the dog who's five. There you go, Joe. I saw it on his Facebook age. Welcome back, Christopher, my friend. I always loved having you on the program. I know you know Fritz, Christopher.
Speaker 5: Yes, brother, I do. On my visit, Fritz is in that window wanting to eat me alive. Man.
Speaker 7: Let me share with you.
Speaker 5: We have the Democratic National Convention kicking off today, and ironic, I get to be honored to be a guest on your show on the day it's kicking off. Let me make a couple of points and try to do it in a in a rational way where I don't allow my emotions to go crazy because some of these things I talk about I'm very passionate about twenty four people were shout at Chicago this weekend. So blood is running through the streets of Chicago like they run every weekend.
Speaker 1: That's a light weekend. That's a light weekend in Chicago, actually correct.
Speaker 5: And the super majority of these people that are shooting each other are African American men. And so when the DNC launches this convention today, they're bringing in three thousand peace officers. Those are police officers with guns to make the convention face.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry just the way you you've stated it that way, it's like really, yeah, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: This is the party that talks about they want to take away everybody's.
Speaker 1: Guns, anti fund the police, have the plan and defund the police.
Speaker 5: And to defund the police department or reimagine the police department, that ice is the kkking. But on the day of their convention, please listen to your your listening audience, they have three thousand peace officers on the ground to keep them safe. That's three thousand guns. That has nothing to do with SWAP, It has nothing to do with Secret Service, it has nothing to do with the Capitol Police. I want you to understand they've got more guns in that area to keep those fifty thousand convention goers safe that they didn't need. In Milwaukee for the Republican convention, businesses were not boarded up, and people say, I'm out of here because they were concerned about people who were coming to burn the flag, who are saying they support hamas a terrorist organization. But I want you to understand that the the citizens that live in Chicago, who deal with this gun violence every weekend, every weekday, could have used these three thousand peace officers to keep them safe. And I just want you to know, man, the hypocrisy is running blood red over this convention in my opinion, And so I'm sitting here going wow, twenty four people shot three thousand peace officers on the ground attempting to keep them safe. You have presidential candidates that will be surrounded by Secret Service community. Those are people with guns, but they will get on the mic and tell everybody else, disarm yourself. What are they talking about, Brian Thomas? This is what frustrates me to my core, this kind of hypocrisy layered on top of Look, the public policy matters, right, So when you say things like I want to freeze cost for food. The people that will be impacted the greatest are the middle class and the poor. Right because there are people who have cash flow that will be able to pay for these inflation increases. They can absorb it in their households. But the poor and the working middle class, when you say their rent went from one thousand to fifteen hundred, or they're paying seven or eight dollars for eggs, they can't afford this stuff. And so what's crazy about it is the DNC is out here talking about public policy that's economic that would absolutely be devastating to the citizens of Chicago who are dealing with gun violence and can't afford their grocery bills and their medicine and their rent. But if you ask them the question, who are you voting for, he'll tell you I'm voting the Democratic ticket. That's the disconnect. I don't understand how you can be devastated by this public policy. And then when asked the question who are you voting for, you say, I'm voting right down the Democratic ticket. Well, then you get what you deserve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well they give with the desert because they think what they hear is I'm going to give you a six thousand dollars out tax scrand. I'm going to give you twenty five thousand dollars for your down payment in your house. I'm going to give you lower coross medication, which results in fewer medications than any of it. What they hear is what they're going to be given, and yet they fail to appreciate that the exact point that's being made here they're going to give you something exacerbates the problems that they're already living under. They don't draw the connection between economic policy and how it ruins and is an inflationary and supply supply chain disrupting and leaves the breadlines and fewer products and goods and service, et cetera. That's the aftermath of them buying into the notion that there is such a thing as a free lunch or a discounted lunch. It's economic illiteracy. And oh look, the Chicago public schools have you know a math rate of eighth graders be like four or five percent passing. So therein perhaps lize the core of the problems. They're not being taught in school. They lack critical thinking and fail to appreciate these large government economic policies lead to collective misery. Let's pause. I'll bring Christopher back and I promise not to steal his thunder like I was just doing. After I mentioned affordable imaging services. Taking of money matters, and money is important always, and saving money is just a great thing to do. And when you can save thousands of dollars for the exact same thing, why would you spend thousands of dollars more? That's what affordable imaging is all about. Four hundred and ninety five dollars for an MRI, not thirty five hundred dollars or even more at a hospital MRI with a contrast six hundred and forty five. That's the most expensive scan you can get. It Affordable imaging services where every image they take comes with included in the price. A board certified radiologists report you'll get that and your doctor will get that within forty eight hours of the image being taken. CT scan with a contrast six hundred bucks. Compare that to well five thousand potentially at a hospital, and you get a separate bill for the radiologist. In many, many cases, don't do that. When it comes to your medical care, you have a choice. And when I have a choice, and I can get the same thing for a hell of a lot less money. I go with the place I can get up for a hell of a lot less money. In this case, it's Affordable Imaging Services. You can find them online and learn more at affordable medimaging dot com. Call them up schedule the appointment at five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: And fifty five kr CD talk station. A very happy Monday to you talking with the former Vice mayor of the City of CINCINNTI. As we do every Monday, Christopher Smithman. What else is on your mind for this Monday morning smither event.
Speaker 5: Well, just to continue to pivot, brother, Look, elections have consequences. You know.
Speaker 7: On November the.
Speaker 5: Sixth, the election will be over and those of us who participate it, because there'll be people who don't even show up and vote. They'll have one hundred reasons of why they decided not to cast a vote in the election. And there'll be those who don't vote their their their their public their interests, but they'll be voting their emotions and so what I'm looking for from this convention this week is a lot of play on emotions. You know, like I saw someone marching LGBTQ Plus and they were talking about Hamas. Look, I support the LGBTQ plus community, period. Okay, but I want to let the members of the LGBTQ plus community understand if you go to Palestine, if you deal with Harmas, they will kill you. They don't care anything about you. You'll be the first person that they throw off a bridge, hang you cut your head off. You will not survive there because they do not support the gay community. Number Two, it's not like in Gads they treat women the way you and I would value women. Right, So this notion that women for the Hamas and they're marching over there, understand that women do not have rights there. So this notion that they're so in love and impassion by this community, it blows to be away. Well, I'm not saying that there aren't problems, but the notion that you're going to burn flags this week, you're gonna say you don't like your country. You're not gonna you're gonna say that you love a terrorist organization and you're doing this all as the left part of the Democratic Party, where the business community says, I'm so scared that you're gonna burn my business down that I'm going to board it up and I'm getting the hell out of here. Not that I'm here to make money. Fifty thousand convention goers are coming to Chicago and the businesses don't want to service them because they're worried about their business is being burned down to the ground brand. Yeah, does that make any.
Speaker 1: Sense, Well, it only makes sense in the context if you think about it as anti Semitism. They hate Jews so much that they will support a terrorist organization, a murderous group of people who will absolutely murder them too, in the name of being anti LGBTQ plus plus plus plus plus. That's they hate the Jews so much that they would support that type of organization. Oh, it's comical. I have to interject because I was thinking about this as you mentioned the t part of the LGBTQ lineup. I suppose a transgender person in trying to walk the streets of Gaza. They would be dressed in a full burka with a full headscarf covering their face because women are not allowed to show their faces there in addition to not be allowed to go to school and not having any rights, so you couldn't pick one out by the Adams Apple, at least in that environment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I tell you what once they found out.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, of course, of course, yeah, that's the next logical step. But to be easy to hide your tracks there because you're forced to wear you know, a black huge job and cover yourself completely. So I just had to interject that joke. Thank you for not buying it.
Speaker 5: No, but Lizia's right. Let me tell you, Brian Thomas, look at the end of this convention. Here are some numbers to remember. Fourteen million, fourteen million people voted in a primary who were disenfranchised.
Speaker 1: Yep, right.
Speaker 5: If the Republican Party had done the same, the Democrats would be screaming bloody murdy. They're saying, hey, democracy is under fire when fourteen million people participated in a primary and they're about to throw it right out of the window. Right. These are the things that is as an independent. I'm that independent that both of these parties are trying to get me to vote for their people. But I'm that independent out there looking at this, going look at the bathing in the hypocrisy talking about you're against someone having a firearm, but you're being protected by more guns than I can even imagine. It would be like in Cincinnati, we have let's just say, I could be wrong about this, so forgive me, but nine hundred and fifty peace officers in the city of Cincinnati. Maybe we have a thousand, but let's say nine hundred and fifty. It would be like us calling in every police officer from reading from say Bernard, from Mason, from Westchester, Silverton, you name it. We bring every single peace officer. We can guess what the neighborhoods that are paying for all of that, right, who's protecting them? If you're bringing all the cops in, who's protecting everybody else? They don't understand that the criminals understand what I just said. This is what blows me away. And by the way, who's paying that bill? Is the DNC writing a check to Chicago for all of this police coverage? You know this is going to be one hell of a bill when you talk about six or seven days, and I'm just worried Chicago's pinsion is underwater. Right, You're fifty one billion under funded fifty one billion dollars billion. They don't have the money. Yeah, with a beat, fifty one billion. They don't have the money to pay for this kind of protection.
Speaker 1: You know, Chris, I have to laugh again. Going back to the comment you made earlier about businesses literally boarding up and not being open during the convention, in spite of the fact that, like you know, any other convention, you ask for conventions because you believe it's going to be an infusion of cash into your tax coffers. If the businesses aren't opening, you're not going to get that additional tax money from the from the fifty thousand delegates and attendees plus and I imagine they have to eat and buy stuff too, the one hundred thousand or so protesters that are going to show up.
Speaker 5: That tells you how bad it is this day. Every dollar is didn't worth it. They're like, God, if I open up, they're gonna come in and take all of my you know, they're gonna be the smashing grass. He'll just bust in take all of my inventory, or they'll burn my business to the crowd, right, And I just want everyone listening, please, This election has consequences. Early voting is around the corner. It's not November fifth. In our areas. Around October the fifth, people will be casting votes. Please do not cast a vote. If you're listening to me, don't vote early until you're ready and you understand be an informed voter. Do not go to the polls and just take a sample ballot and walk in there like a sheet and just vote for people and you don't even know what the hell they stand for.
Speaker 1: Well, in so far, with Kamala Harris now hiding for the last twenty eight days and rolling out this nebulous sounds like communist strategy to reroute taxpayer dollars into the hands of certain identified people. Early voting starts on September sixth, and a lot of even battle ground states. I mean, we're not that far away from you know, real votes being cast right now. So maybe her strategy is to continue hiding out in the basement like Biden is and get away with it because people are not informed and all they know about Kamala Harris's in spite of the fact that we have three and a half years of failure, is that she's not Donald Trump, and that's enough for most most of the voters out there. Who would vote her.
Speaker 5: Let me get two quick points in and I'm pleasing. I'm all son, my son. Caleb served four years in the military and his last day was a week ago Friday, meaning he served his four years and he's on his way back to Cincinnati to enroll in the University of Cincinnati. Now I'm very proud of him again, and I'm proud to and I'm proud to announce Caleb's accomplishments. And while he was in the service, he got two associate's degrees. But he now wants to be a doctor. Here's my point about it. Here's my point about it, Brian Thomas. He's going to get eighty thousand dollars from the military to go to college. What do you think Caleb thinks about the DNC saying, Hey, I'm gonna forgive all of your loans. I gave four years of my life serving my country. I got the eighty thousand dollars to go now to college. What do you think my young son thinks about those who the DNC this week are gonna say, we're gonna keep dishing it out. We're gonna keep giving the money away to those students who didn't serve their country. It makes no sense. I don't want to pay for the kid that went to Harvard, who could have gone to Ohio State, or who could have done like my son did, went and served the country for four years and got eighty thousand dollars to send himself through college. That's what's wrong with the DNC. They keep talking about giving crap away when it's work. It's work. Stop talking about lazy, and start talking about work. So when I as proud as I am about Caleb who's coming back, it also is the ira that the DNC is saying, Hey, man, my son served his country. He did it in an honorable way. He's coming back to go to the University of Cincinnati, doing it the right way. He'd like to be a physician. He's working hard, but he's not asking anybody to give him a damn thing for free.
Speaker 1: Well you summed it up, great, Christopher, and thank you to Caleb Proud, thank you him for his service to our country. And I wish him all the best of luck. My alma mater University of Cincinnati. No Harvard price tag on that one, Christopher, but you get a good education. And I'm looking forward to him well, graduating from medical school. At some point you got to be excited and you got to be, you know, an exhalation of relief that he's back home safe. Christopher, God bless you, my friend. Always Enjoyab'll talk next Monday, seven fifty fifty five krc DE Talk Station. Peter shabd be a Colorwilliam seven Hills and his team. It is the greatest real estate team out there, number one of the City of Cincinnati sales leaders. They are it's because they do a great job. Brilliant folks. I know Peter Shoubree personally. I've met most of his team and they are indeed wonderful folks. And you got great programs over at the Shabri Group, and nobody else has got like the instant offer program. I want to get out of dodge programs that want what I call that one less than three weeks today you can close. They'll make a cash offer after seeing your home, love it or leave it. You buy a home using them as the buyer's agent. You don't like it for any reason during the first year you're there, they'll sell it for you for free. That's a guarantee and commitment from the Schabar Group and the Cash to Keys program where you can leverage Animax Cash to Keys program and make a cash offer. Using Shabri Group, you'll have a better chance of winning at a lower price with better terms, any significantly better chance with a cash offer. Learn about the programs and what the Sabri Group can do for you seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com or call them up today at five one three of course seven zero eight three thousand. Fifty five KRC the Talkstation.
Speaker 3: Still miss Our twenty twenty four, keeping you informed.
Speaker 1: Dad's up to date now now more.
Speaker 2: Than ever, I like staying up to date on things.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRZ The Talkstation eighth six fifty five Karroseni Talk Station. Brian Thomas wishing a very happy Monday and welcome you to the fifty five KRSE Mornings Just to be a fascinating and uplifting discussion. David Scarlett, He's a former US marine and telecommunications executive. Pastor. Scarlett has written this book and rather than go over his background, which the book is about his background in his life, he's written a book. We're gonna be talking about this morning all for His Glory The near death Experience of a modern day job. David Scarlett, Pastor Scarlett, Welcome to the fifty five KOSE Morning Show. It's a pleasure to have you on this morning.
Speaker 10: Well, Brian, thank you for having me. It's a pleasure.
Speaker 1: And part of your story is the founding of His Glory Ministries, which is a Christian answerreach group. We'll get to that in a moment, but let's talk about the title All for His Glory a the near death Experience of a modern day job, perhaps incorrectly titled didn't you actually die?
Speaker 10: I did. I technically died three times. I had two near death experiences. So it's taken up to the throne room of heaven, saw all the glory, and the Lord said, you know, you're going to go back and start a ministry called by My name. His Glory comes from the Hebrew word cavode, and that literally means his essence, and.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what we did.
Speaker 1: Well, the thumbnail sketchy, this outline already sending chills down my spine. The idea that you actually died through there three times. Tell my listeners the circumstances around that before we move forward and how that impacted profoundly the rest of your life.
Speaker 10: Well, it was seven, seven seventh, the seventh day of the seventh month of Oh seven. So God always has a plan and detail all his dates, me many things.
Speaker 8: In our lives.
Speaker 10: So I ate botulism talks in through a can of chili. I came back from traveling overseas and the Cleveland Clinic didn't know what it was. I was put into intensive care on Friday, the thirteenth of out seven, and I died that first night. I didn't have a death experience that first night, but I did die clinically for a couple of minutes. They brought me back and then they try to wean me off the machine, off the breathing machine, because botulism completely destroys your central nervous system. Everything shuts down. You can't breathe on your own, you can't speak, you can't talk, you can't eat. So that happened, and I remember them getting me stable to Cleveland Clint doctors try to pull the tube to get me to breathe on my own, and the panic on their face was just something you'll never forget. You knew at that moment that you're gone. Your life here on earth was over. I didn't feel any pain, even though it wasn't not being able to breathe. You think of the anxiety and pain there was. It was completely the opposite. Was joy, peace, love, piece of God, peace of God, and just. And it wasn't just that. Then he took me up to the third Heaven and I got to see heaven.
Speaker 7: I saw the beauty.
Speaker 10: I saw everything that smelled better, taste better, looked better outside of this world. And it was just joy, love, peace and just perfect perfection. And then he showed me these pictures of my life from infant to the time I was at the time thirty nine, and the beautiful Mahogany pictures, and these were pictures never taken on earth, they were only taken by him. Inside those pictures were perfection. All sin was wiped away for good. But he later told me six months later that there was something missing in those pictures, and that was my report card. I didn't do anything for him.
Speaker 7: I got to.
Speaker 10: Heaven barely, so my report card was empty. So he brought me back into the Cleveland Clinic ICU, and as soon as I came back, I said, Wow, I just experienced have it and he starts talking to me and I said, I want to see Jesus, and I couldn't even get the prayer out of my mind. And there at the end of my bed was Jesus Christ, just glowing with this radiant white as in the Book of Revelation. Didn't say a word, he didn't need to. It was just complete joy and peace and love of like I experienced up in that Third Heaven. And then I had all kinds of problems. I had them I came back. They got pneumonia, collapsed, long seven different of surgeries on my stomach for internal bleeding, one step forward, two steps back, and then they at the second time I had a near death experience. They had all the Cleveland Clinic doctors ready to pull the plug because they thought they got me stable, and as soon as they pulled it, they went horribly wrong again, and I was lifted above the ICU room and I could see the panic on all the doctor's faces. They said, come back, come back, you can beat this. And I just felt this love, joy, peace from the Lord and I said, why are they panicking? I feel perfectly fine, And he said, I'm going to bring you back and you're going to start a ministry called by my name His Glory. So I came back and then I had to be weaned off the machine, learn how to talk again, walk again. The after effects bosses and toxin are worse than even believe it or not when you're on an incubator, so you have chronic fatigue and chronic pain. But God used that a perfect way because I was a type a personality. If he wouldn't have put me in those situations, I would have been back to the corporate world, back in doing what I was doing before. But He used those times for me to slow down and it had to focus only on him. And that's where I learned the Bible, and that's where we got the Ministry His Glory up and running, and now we reach twenty five million people in every country of the world.
Speaker 1: That is truly amazing. There's no question about that. And no one can deny your personal experience on that you actually felt this and lived it. Can I have an important thing first life. I have to observe when you're talking about your empty report card, I'm reminded of the line I think it was from Papion, where the main character is in front of a judge. He's dreaming and you're guilty of a wasted life. And you know this was sort of, you know, in his sort of sort of afterlife type of experience he was experiencing in the movie You Are Guilt, You have a wasted life. Didn't really have as much a response because it was true in that particular case, he was a criminal. But you see your empty report card? Where were you in your life? I want to think, relative to your faith in God and belief in Christ, where were you before this near death experience? Were you a very religious man? Did you have just some religion? And I mean, I know your business world's a completely separate thing, but in terms of your faith, where were you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: I was a nine to one one Christian. I would pray when I was in trouble, and that was it.
Speaker 7: They go back to it.
Speaker 10: But I had the first part of my trials and tribulations was a severe marital situation and I decided to stay in that marriage against all odds, and I couldn't do it, so I had to get on my knees. And that's where I first started to get to know the Lord. Before that near death experience happened. I am convinced this day that if it weren't for my first trial to the relation of my wife, I never would have saw heaven. I was I thought I was saved, but I wasn't. Because you go to church doesn't make you a Christian.
Speaker 1: Court make you say, of course.
Speaker 10: And it took that first trial and again I got there, but I didn't have a report card. So I don't think I would have got there without that first trial and stipulation.
Speaker 1: Well, that's interesting because I would mark you down as a positive grade for your efforts to save your marriage, and you're you know, perhaps turning to faith through religion in order to do that obviously had a profound impact on your near death experience or your death experience.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was what got me to have and I started seeking his face because I knew I couldn't do it myself. I was very successful in the corporate world. I was number one director at AT and T. Wow, everything came easy. I had all the money, I had all the fame, I had all the fortune. I had the biggest head in the world. And the Lord has a way of popping that and getting us humble because he can't use a servants that are not humble. That's why Satan fell from heaven is vanity, and we have to be humbled to be able to be used by God. And boy did he humble me. And then once he can get you humbled, he can use you for His purpose in his glory.
Speaker 7: Literally.
Speaker 1: So with this new inspiration and injection of faith, how was it? How did you go about founding His glory ministries? And what is the purpose of His glorious ministries? For those folks out there who are already familiar with the day know, but for my listening audience and hey, I've never heard of this before. Sounds amazing. What what is it? How did you do it? And what is it intended for?
Speaker 10: Well, it's intended to hit the seven mountains of society, to be to take the seven mountains that are filled with the secular evil of the world that we see today. And it's being exposed to be an influence through Jesus Christ in all seven mountains. So that's why we're in every nation, every country of the world to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a way through the world through a biblical lens. So our programming we might have an American doctor on we might have an American general. We tackle all societies these issues well through a biblical lens so that you can see where God, through Jesus Christ impacts us in every one of those mountains. And that's what the Lord told us to do. We're a very different ministry. We don't have a building that we go to on Sundays. We are a peer internet, and that was his idea. That's where he came up with dot em and dot TV for his glory. So we do twenty four to seven broadcasting on dot me and then we do movies in.
Speaker 5: Praise music dot TV.
Speaker 10: The War on Truth with Nick Sercys one of our movies that we just came out with, The Child the Truth about January sixth, Mickey willis Holyland was our trip to Israel to get a biblical view of Israel before October seventh happened. It was almost like it was prophetic when we made that movie. So we are doing anything and everything in the Seven Mountains to reach the people for Jesus Christ. For such a time as this.
Speaker 1: How do you compete? You mentioned the secular world we live in, and Lord knows we do. How do you compete with that? I mean everywhere I turned and I read about fewer and fewer people are turning to religion, Fewer and fewer people are going to church. I would think that to connect someone would have to all with all his all for His glory. Your book, maybe somebody already has to have a foundation in Christianity in order to make that next step going from a nine to one to one Christian as you said you were, or a C and E Christian, to someone who's truly devoted and connected with the faith. How do you reach the people who have had no connection with Christ, the Gospel, the Bible, or any religion at all for that matter. I mean, you've got a heavy heavy weight to just get your foot in the door in this modern world.
Speaker 10: Well, God is helping us along that way.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 10: We look at the last few years of COVID nineteen as horrible, and yes there's horrible aspects of that. But I travel the country and everywhere I go and I see people that follow His glory. Their lives have changed. They're realizing what their purpose is. Their purpose wasn't just to work their entire life and retire and die. Their purpose is driven by God him self through Jesus Christ. Last three years four years has been awakening to these people to say, hey, what am I here for? And they're getting they're getting unified. We have warrior groups where like minded Christ's people all over We're in every all fifty states and they get together and share their stories and pray over each other and build the body of Christ for such a time as this. So yeah, by going into the Seven Mountains, we're reaching the secular world. We travel the United States the last three years with General Flynn and the Reawakened Tour. We've baptized for seventy five hundred people at these events and people come in because they're patriots, but they learn what the most important thing is to be a patriot. We are founded under Judeo Christian values by our forefathers, most of them other than one one of them were Christians, and they're they're giving their life to Christ and Christians are becoming patriots and Patriots are becoming Christians.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an amazing story all for his organ You're the experience of a mode of day job by my guest today, David Scarlett, Pastor Scarlet. You're the by the only person I've talked to who had one of these near death experiences. My father had a dear friend, I was a doctor in the community. He died on the operating table and he had a very similar experience. He was watching the doctor's work on him. He heard what they said, but he felt absolute calm, that peace of God that you described. He saw people who had passed before him, his mother and others who told him, no, doctor, you need to go back. You've got more work to do. And from that point forward, and I think this is the important thing I'm trying to reach in terms of the point he never apparently, I never talked to him again. This is repeated to a story. For my father never worried about anything again. He knew that everything was going to be fine, that he saw what was coming after, and it relieved him all the burdens and anxieties that we face on this earth. And people who embrace faith to that degree already feel that way without a near death experience. And it sounds to me like this book is intended to get others to that point.
Speaker 10: Exactly, because life is just a bluff here. Once you have that peace and joy of heaven and know it's real and know the Father is real, know the Son's real, Know the Holy Spirit's real, and that they are they have your well being. What's the worst they can do? Kill you? You know, that's the third part of my book. I had seven tempts on my life because of the truth that we bring out at His glory, and I don't worry. I still don't worry about it because when God takes me out, my report card will be filled and I'll be home with Him in eternity. Eternity is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Pastor Scarlett uplifting message and Lord News. We all need one of those, all for His glory. You can get a copy of that on my blog page. Sir at fifty five cares dot com. Make it really easy for my listeners to do that amazing story. I wish we had longer to talk, but our time is out. But I certainly appreciate the time you spent with my listeners today and what you're doing each and every day throughout the year.
Speaker 10: Sir, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: My pleasure absolutely it's eight twenty to fifty five care see the talk station. It's my pleasure to mention Cover Sinsey as well. Pivoting over to something that may save you heap loads of money and get you better medical insurance. And that's what it's all about. It covers Sincy, John Rouman, the team. Any one of them can help you. I know John, when I mentioned his name, he's like everybody just wants to talk to me. I've met his team. They are all very familiar with the work that they're doing, which is fine working with hundreds of insurance companies and thousands of insurance policies through tailor a policy for you that will save you money and bring you dollar one coverage in most all the circumstances, better medical for less money. I know it sounds impossible, which is why I just always issue the challenge to you. It doesn't cost you anything but a little bit of time. There's no obligation to see what they can do for you, So call them up. It's easy. Five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred to two two five five. You can fill out a form online and learn more about what they can do for you at the website, which is cover Sincey with Yori coversincey dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC. Get ready to win your way through our twenty three.
Speaker 1: Here's your channeline weather cloudy too, mostly cloudy, mostly sonny pick seventy nine, maybe hine day if you clouds every night down to fifty five tomorrow mostly to the highest seventy six. There's guys over night fifty three for the low and a nice cool seventy eight under sunny sky Wednesday sixty eight.
Speaker 6: Right now, time for traffic report. Chuck from the UCLP Traumptics Center with uc health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit uc health dot com. Westbound two seventy five, rough Mooding. The latest accident is now on the left hand side near Reid Hartman. Cruz continue to work with a separate accident on the right shoulder just after Reid Hartman. Southbound seventy five slows through Lachland South Bend seventy one heavy two seventy five down to Red Bank. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station, Hey thirty here fifty five car ce De talk station. Today a very special day. It's not often you get to talk with a true legend in politics. And that's who we've got on the program right now. I'm pleased to welcome to fifty five KRS Morning Show, Ken Kachgi. And he was the chief let me underscore that word, chief speech writer, as well as trusted political adviser for Ronald Reagan. He was also the go to counsel for both Ronald Reagan and Nancy Reagan and the campaigns and political crises. Also served in Richard Nixon's White House and with Nixon as he emerged from Watergate. He assisted Nixon with the memoirs led to his preparation for interviews, with a famous interview with David Frost. He's also a successful attorney, wildly successful in Republican strategists in many elections in California. Also author of the book We'll be talking about Today Behind closed Doors in the room with Reagan and Nixon. It is a distinct pleasure to welcome you to the fifty five can or CE Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ken Kachegan, Hi, Brian, good morning. I mentioned and underscored that word chief speech writer. I came of political age when under Ronald Reagan. Is where my father and I remember the day during the first Reagan campaign when my father explained to me the old idea concept of Reagan amics. This what the left loves to refer to his trickle down. But he did such a wonderful job and it was that moment in time. Always said it was a Republican just because I came from Republican stock, but I understood what that meant economically speaking. And I've been a fan ever since of both Ronald Reagan. I've worked on his campaign. But what an inspirational man he was. Say he went about Ronald Reagan. He delivered a positive message, something that's so lacking in politics these days. And I just can't believe you were there behind the scenes writing those speeches for Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 7: It was an amazing ride for me, Brian. It was hard to believe, you know. I joined the campaign with about five and a half weeks to go. It was it was stumbling around. People don't realize that the campaign was not going all that well in the late September of nineteen eighty and the one point looked like Carter might be able to eve the win. But when I joined it stution Mens who brought me on and October we finally start turning it around. And we picked up some steam. And it was such a petty campaign and was so much fun because Reagan had, says, just a great positive attitude. He had upbeat spirit, and the whole campaign brought hope and spirit to it. He you know, he his concept of the shining city on the hill. But the main thing is he had he had a concept of a crusade. He wanted to bring a new revolution to America and the economic recovery changed, lower taxes, get rid of government regulation, and something about cutting the budget. And in those days where mariage rates were up to eighteen percent, interest ration of thirteen percent, unemployment of seven eight percent, people just had no hope. And he had that great uplooking attitude. It was just a wonderful crusade. We're on.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's interesting how politics really doesn't change generation generation. We're still talking about the same things, although interest rates aren't nearly as bad. But it sounds the I mean, I say what you want about Trump, I'm obviously actually little libertarians, how I like to affirm myself, But the same thing, limited government, free markets, low taxes, that's me. So a lot of the parallels with the Republican Party. The Trump campaign seems to be lacking this positivity, this message because right now we have similar economic realities and we have basically identical political philosophies on both sides of the ledger. Yet we can't get this traction, this clearly winning strategy that Reagan demonstrated works for the nation. Can't get the traction at ease. Now, what are we lacking today that we maybe had back in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's is just you know, it's the message. And then that message is something that Nixon taught me, and I talked about it in my book a lot about how Nixon helped me shape the attitude that I brought to the Reagan campaign. That's part of the story of my book is how a lot of what I learned that I brought to the Reagan campaign I learned during my years with Nixon, not just in the White House, but in San Clementy, where I spent hours and hours and hours at his knee in those four years. And I describe it so vividly in the book.
Speaker 5: How He.
Speaker 7: Taught Me, and I describe it, and especially in a couple of chapters chapters too and four where he explained as he viewed the Reagan campaign in seventy six. In early nineteen seventy nine, he viewed the strategy of the Reagan campaign and the message, describing the message that helped helped me when I was helping Reagan shape the message in nineteen eighty and that meant focusing on focusing on the message of instead of meandering around, you had to keep you had to keep your eye on the ball all the time, instead of meandering and floating the way it seems to be right now, which is I think you pointed out you hit the nail on the head by in that you can't be out there just talking about issues that don't relate to the what's on people's minds.
Speaker 1: Exactly kitchen table issues. We painted a very, at least from what I hear, a very different picture of Richard Nixon behind the scenes than the caricature image we've been left with in the post Watergate world of I am not a crook and Watergate, of course, is all you ever hear about Richard Nixon. It was very successful as a president and sounds me like he was a wonderful and brilliant political strategist.
Speaker 7: He was. And one of the things that he did was he very carefully laid out the strategy. And well, what's different in the book that you described behind Closed Doors that I wrote, is that he wrote secret memos to Reagan and the campaign, which I reveal in the book for the first time that nobody's ever seen before. Two secret memos to Reagan. And he used me as a career and it was like a secret agent.
Speaker 1: That I don't want to see, deep throat, but I got to see those words out. Wow.
Speaker 7: Well, it was almost like that I had secret meetings with the cheap staff two blocks away from the one of the hotels during the campaign trail, and we handed me a secret packet. But because we had to stay away in those days from Nixon because it's still close to his resignation. In any event, those memos ten eleven pages long, layout, very careful strategies for rigging in the debate, how to focus on economics. What had several lines that he could use in the campaign, and they're fascinating and I include them in the appendix of the book. And the other interesting thing is is that Nixon and I would talk during the campaign, sometimes doing stops in between stops late at night, and I would take notes, and I kept very careful notes of those conversations, and I include those throughout the book. So if people go to my website, Reagan and Nixon dot com, they'll find an opportunity where they can find the book. And then if you look at the book and you look at these appendencies, it's just that's what people have been talking about when they read the book, is they'll look at those memos and see this relationship between Reagan and Nixon that nobody ever knew about.
Speaker 1: Never heard of, anything remotely close to what you're talking about today. This is absolutely fascinating. We've made it very easy for my listeners to get a copy of this wonderful book, Behind Closed Doors in the Room with Reagan and Nixon. Just go to my blog page fifty five Carosy dot com. There's a link to buy the book right there, sir. Fascinating opportunities to speak with you, speaking with history here a man who lived through it, and I imagine you can draw quite a few parallels to what we're looking at right now. And I may have some words of advice for the Trump campaign. Has any be released still consulted all with politicians in terms of strategy.
Speaker 7: I don't out of that business now. I don't know if anybody would listen.
Speaker 1: Well, attention, come on, get it work for it worked for Reagan, Lord almighty. I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: I'd love to you know, I'm frustrated. It's like Nixon was in nineteen in nineteen seventies sixty, you'd say to me, boy he Ken, I'd love to be I'd love to be giving advice. But you know he was so frustrated that he couldn't give advice. But I'd love to be giving advice these days, and just about every day, I have some new idea i'd like to pass along, and I do it. But I write articles. You know, I've been writing up eds every now and then in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Yeah, I have seen them. That's my favorite paper of all. Although I rely on multiple news sources. With the fact Carecy Morning Show, I can just honestly, I was laughing there for a moment. Ken, I can hear you yell at the television set from day to a Ken. It is a real pleasure. I know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you'se Brian No.
Speaker 1: I do it myself every day, and my father, who was on radio for forty six years in front of me after he retired, and one of the reasons I was I took over the morning show. They offered me the job. My mom would say, Brian, your dad is driving me crazy since retirement. All he does is scream at the television and then come in here and scream at me about things over which I have no control. So anyhow, I get it all day long, Ken Kachegian, A real pleasure. Thank you for writing the book. Behind Closed Doors again. Fifty five cars dot Com. Get a coffee, folks, you'll love it. It's best to health to you and your family. So it's been a real pleasure this morning.
Speaker 7: Thank you to charge it.
Speaker 1: Brian, Thank you very much. He forty one Trump campaign, Get in touch with him. Fifty five care see the talk station. Also, you can get in touch with OHC, and I hope you never have to. Honestly, I love the folks at OHC Cancer Specialists. They've been around for more than thirty five years cancer focusing on the cutting edge treatments, and they know that you need to surround yourself with everything that everything to help you beat cancer. And that's exactly what they do the only thing that's gonna matter to you have to hear the words you have cancer, which I know it's all about. You're gonna need great cancer doctors and they always bring these cutting edge innovative treatment options to their patients. So surround you with everything you need to focus on cancer, because that's all that's gonna matter if you get the bad news. Great place to start or get a second opinion. I fortunately started with OHC. To reach them, call them at eight eight eight six four eight hundred. That's eight eight eight six four ninety eight hundred. Learn more online go to ohcare dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: I'm John Walback