Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm doelling you easy.
Speaker 3: Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Six one, seven, two, five, ten thirty the number we're going to open up the phones here amy generally on a Friday at eleven o'clock. From what I understand, Dan did something pretty laid back, pretty chill, and I was going to do that, but then I decided to go with this question because I want to know how you feel. How are we doing, USA? How is this country doing? I'm very pessimistic, and I'm not a pessimistic person. Now. Do I pretend to know everything about politics and current events?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't, because I get burned out, I get frustrated, I get bored, I get angry, I get depressed. Uh, And I will tell you Dan Ray is more well versed in it than I might than I am, but I don't. I don't believe I've ever been as pessimistic or as negative about where our country is at that I am right now. And I've lived through some pretty tough times. And maybe it's because I was younger and more optimistic, and as we get older we become more pessimistic or more realistic, or just maybe I'm just a grumpy old bastard now. But I you know, certainly remember the sixties in the Vietnam War and Watergate and the Iran Contra affair and the gas crisis, and I always felt, and again I guess because I was younger, that or certain inflation, certain economic downturns, that we'll figure it out, that will be all right, that will, you know, will remain a superpower, which I do think is important. You know, I think one of the reasons why we have the life we have is because we are a superpower and continue to be a melting pot where people pretty much get along. And I don't feel that way right now. I feel at times we're on the brink of a civil war. I don't think this country has been I think we're as divided now as we were in the middle eighteen hundreds. I really do. I mean, I think it's scary, and I think it is a race issue, and it scares the hell out of me. It scares the living hell out of me. And the fact that you know, Donald Trumps president says something about our political system. Now. I know that when he was president the last time around, the economy was booming. I also know economists have said to me and Spartan. People have said to me that generally the president doesn't drive the economy. It's not the way it works, and history will tell us that. But I just look at the options of our leaders and I go, we're screwed. Maybe there's just too much information. Maybe I don't want to know everything about every political leader. Maybe I don't want to know everybody's flaws. So how are we doing? How do you feel about the country. Are you optimistic? You know, I look at the basics. I look at the work ethic. I look at the work ethic of a new generation. Are people willing to put in the work? I think people from other countries are. I think people from other countries are more hungry. I think there is definitely a feeling in this country that people feel just that there's a natural right because they're an American to live a certain lifestyle. They just deserve it. It's granted to us, it's a birthright. And that's a problem. That is a big time problem. And I look at our political leaders, look at our options. You know, we you know. Donald Trump is not a nice man. I mean, he is a selfish, egotistical tyrant who, according to the country was a better option than what the Democrats provided, And I can't really argue with it because Kamala empty suit. She told us nothing, she showed us nothing. And how arrogant were the Democrats to think that they could pass off Joe Biden, who has been, in my opinion, an admirable civil servant for the majority of his life. But how arrogant were they were that they felt that they could pass this man off, who obviously was incapable of doing the job. How dumb do you think we are? And the Democrats have just become the party of Hollywood. And I love Hollywood, believe me. But I mean the fact that George Clooney and you know, Oprah are coming in and telling people that in telling Joe you should bail, I mean, what the hell? I mean? He should have been running in the first place. We know that. So I blamed the Democrats for not providing a decent option to Trump. But maybe Trump's the right guy for the right time again. Maybe his economic policies are just what we need. Maybe his ego and his isolationist attitude is what this country needs, where he's not going to take any crap from other countries. You have to belong to NATO, though we all understand that that that does not help at all. But here you have a guy, you know, and Trump, where it looks like the Supreme Court was in his back pocket, and the Supreme Court says, Okay, we're gonna outlaw TikTok, and Trump admits that's maybe why he got elected. And I thought TikTok was gonna get Kamala elected. Remember the whole brats, that whole scene that backfired completely completely, because what people vote for. People vote for their wallet. People vote for who's going to give me the best chance to make the most money. Well, that's fine, but you also have to have the work ethic to want to make the most money. There's a great line and I should have looked it up between Gene Hackman and Clint Eastwood after Eastwood shoots him in uh uh right, I'm spacing it on the movie my h Morgan Freeman won an Academy Award I believe for that. Where after he shoots Hackman, Hackman says, I don't deserve this. Eastwood says, deserve deserve. What you deserve has nothing to do with it. There is a there is a sentiment in this country that if you are a mere citizen of America you deserve a certain lifestyle, or you deserve a certain job or a certain level. That worries me. That really, that that really worries me. We've had it too good, I think in a lot of ways. You know, with Biden continuing to bail people out with knowledge you can't afford to pay off your loans. Okay, well we'll pay them for you. I mean, that crap's got to stop. You got to pay your own way, man. Look, you just do there. And and Trump's not totally wrong with the with the border. There has to be a system at the border. There has to be some sort of of of just a system where you just don't have people just coming running in that that the country can't support. And I'm not saying everyone that I don't believe you know, people that are coming into this country illegally, you know, a murderers and rapists. I don't. I don't buy into that. But there has to be some sense of organization if you're going to come into the country. Then the argument can be made that there's a lot of people here that don't want certain jobs because they think the jobs are beneath them, and those jobs can only be fulfilled with illegal immigrants. So how are we doing? How do you feel about the country? Do you feel more optimistic than me? I hope so will take some calls next at six one, seven thirty on WBZ.
Speaker 3: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 4: Why is it not the greatest country in the world, professor, that's my answer. You're saying, yes, let's talk about fine, Sharon.
Speaker 2: The NEA is a loser.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it accounts for a penny out of our paycheck, but he gets to hit you with it anytime he wants.
Speaker 2: It doesn't cost money.
Speaker 4: It costs bolts, It costs airtime and column inches. You know why people don't like liberals because they lose. If liberals are so Morka, they lose it.
Speaker 2: I'm always hey.
Speaker 4: And with a straight face, you're gonna tell students that America is so star spangled awesome, that we're the only ones in the world.
Speaker 2: Who have freedom.
Speaker 4: Canada has freedom, Japan has freedom, the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia, Belgium has freedom. So two hundred and seven sovereign states in the world, like one hundred and eighty of them have freedom, all right, and you got you a sorority girl just in case you accidentally wander into a voting booth one day. There's some things you should know, and one of them is there is absolutely no evidence to support the statement that were the greatest country in the world. We're seventh in literacy, twenty seventh in math, twenty second in science, forty ninth in life expectancy, one hundred and seventy eighth in infant mortality, third and median household income, number four in labor force, and number four in exports.
Speaker 2: We lead the world in only three categories.
Speaker 4: Number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending, where we spend more than the next twenty six countries, combining.
Speaker 2: Twenty five of whom her allies.
Speaker 4: Now, none of this is the fault of a twenty year old college student, but you nonetheless are, without it, not a member of the worst period generation period ever periods. When you ask what makes us the greatest country in the world, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what you're talking about. That is the greatest television monologue ever that is Jeff Daniels from Newsroom. Amazing, amazing people. And that's the way I And that just ties into the theme of tonight. How are we doing, USA? How do you feel about that? I'm not feeling great. I'm not feeling great about it. Stephen New York and change my mind? Hello, Steve, you're on WBC AGT.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Kid?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: So I have a famous quote and I need you to tell me who it is from.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Boy, I may not be able to run very fast.
Speaker 6: But boy, could I talk.
Speaker 1: That was the last time we talked the Conzo. This is the Conzo. I know New York.
Speaker 2: I know who it is. Oh, I know. Why are you in New York?
Speaker 1: Because I'm driving a big Rig. That's why my email is Stevie big Rig.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, So you're driving. So how do you feel about our country right now? Steve?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know me, Gary, I think you know me that I am a very optimistic person. And thank god Donald Trump getting in and I know I get it. And I just want to let you know you are very sensible. I give you all the ps for that because some on the other side, kid, but you certainly.
Speaker 6: Of course you're roll too, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh no, the Democrats do it. The Democrat it's crazy. But here's the thing, Steve, it's Steve. We grew up in the same area, so he was one town over. But like in Rumford and Dicksfield in Mexico, the area we came from. If you were a Democrat, that meant you were pro labor. Everybody that worked in the mill was a Democrat. You were for the middle class.
Speaker 1: But that's all changed, sure has.
Speaker 2: It's all changed now. They don't speak to that. I mean, when you know Kamala Ran and then I found out that they paid Hope to do the whole interview, I was like, oh, that's Jesus my god, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The reality is the Democrats were talking down to people. And you know, Trump is insane. I mean, he just is. But he doesn't talk down to people, right, he does not talk down to people. He talks like a regular, He talks with you. He's a great communicator. I mean, that's the thing, Steve, that that this is going to go down. He will be analyzed thirty years from now, fifty years of now as one of the greatest communicators ever. Because whether he's right or wrong, he still gets people to buy in. And when I say right or wrong, I meant factually, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this election Gary reminded me of Hillary when she was running against Trump and they're all over confident, think they were going to win it. But you know, the American people have spoken and I would be very pessimistic, like you if Kamala'll get in because oh me in.
Speaker 2: My opinion, change my putting in change. I still feel the same way. Here's the thing about Trump. The world right now is a really fed up place, right, I mean it really, and we constantly you know, you think people would learn, but they don't. But with the Middle East and yet and you know Trump's coming in, so now all of a sudden they decide to get in the chord? Did decide to? Did they? They decide to settle and get a piece agreement because Trump is coming in. It reminded me. I don't know if you remember this, Steve, but yeah you do. You're my age when Jimmy Carter lost to Reagan and the hostages were being held in Iran and Carter couldn't get him out. Now, Carter's a very smart man and did a lot for humanity, but he didn't strike the fear of godden people. Reagan did. And as soon as and got in and was elected, those hostages were on the plane and you got a wonder you know, I'm Trump coming in. Then all of a sudden, does everybody in the Middle East decide, Okay, now we have to behave.
Speaker 1: Yes, because he's a strong leader and we needed that for a country to have strong leadership. And it worked the first time. It's going to work again and we I'm so thankful he.
Speaker 7: Got in there.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm glad. I wasn't close either. I expected the election to be close. I was hoping not. But anyways, I got on Wei, I get on the chat with the morning crew and I mentioned you nicely that I'd spoken to you, and one of the people on the chat room says, hey, next time you talk to Gary, remind him of the Morning show and Ei when he was on talking about what's his name from Penn States skis to Dusky.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, Curtis yeah yeah, oh yeah yeah yeah. Don't worry, don't worry. I I have I have nightmares.
Speaker 1: I missed that I wish I had heard it, but he was laughing. He said, does that ask Gary about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure, I'm sure he was. Believe me, I'm sure he was.
Speaker 1: I had heard it, I would have probably supported you. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 6: About, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a radio bit that went a little out of control.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will just leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Well, are your phone lines fall right now?
Speaker 2: No, they're not.
Speaker 1: Oh they are not because of you, because of you, Gary.
Speaker 2: Steve, don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. We'll handle it. Well, we'll talk, well, we'll figure it out. But the point, you know, that's still the point that I wanted to make was, you know, people had know the Democrats really messed up, and they've got some work to do. They have got a lot of work to do. Because here's the thing, this is what I wanted to say. And you as a you know, you're a working man. It doesn't matter what color your skin is, It doesn't matter about your religion, it doesn't matter about quite frankly, how you identify. People want jobs. And African American men voted for Trump. They did, I mean Africa because and they thought that they wanted jobs, and they said this guy has a better chance of putting people to work than HER's. And that's where people lose track, like this is the thing, like how are we doing? Like with America, It's it's like everything is We've lost track of the basics, lost track of the base, We've lost track of the basics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gary, it's just a big divide now, like when JFK was president. That's the last true Democrat that I remember, you know, And I'm the only Republican out of my family in Dicksfield, and everybody and my family were voting for the Caucus and he was.
Speaker 5: As weak as you know.
Speaker 1: I talked to Dan. I talked to Dan last week, Gary, and it was about Jimmy Cotter, and I said, you know, I respect a man like you said his post presidential work with the Habitat for Humanity, And I said, but I considered him a weak president. And you just gave the reasons why. But I asked Dan, Dad, tell me what in his estimation they you know, President Cotter respectable, that he did a great job. I mean, he didn't do a horrible job, but I think he was weak.
Speaker 6: And well, you know what it.
Speaker 1: Was, JFK.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, no, The thing with Carter is it was coming off a Watergate. So you know, Dixon was a smart guy. He was just paranoid. Yeah, he was paranoid. And history historians will tell you that he was more qualified to be president than Kennedy. But Kennedy looked better on TV.
Speaker 6: Oh he's more handsome, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I mean, Kennedy was a great communicator, you know, and he fit the role well and he just looked better than the Nixon. But Nixon got paranoid. That's what killed him. And yeah, with Watergate, he got paranoid. They weren't going to lose the election seventy two. He wasn't going to lose. There was no reason to do the Watergate bull craft. He wasn't gonna no way, he was not going to lose that to McGovern not a chance. But so people felt they needed to get somebody that was the salt of the earth, and that was Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got a butt in for Let me butt in for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Do you know where the do you know where it tappens? Z Bridges in New York?
Speaker 2: I do very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm going over right now.
Speaker 2: Well keep keep it between the lines, bro, all right.
Speaker 1: And I look over to the right and I see New York City. But hey, I didn't want to interrupt you. I know you got out of the calls. Maybe one more, I don't know, but leave me with Rob. I want to leave you my number. I just you don't have to call me or text me. But if I just want, if you want to, I just want to provide my number and you can. I won't bug you with political stuff or ain't crap like that. But since ron O Reagan died, the run and joke is that I am the master communicator. But I think somebody has dethrown me. And I think that's you, Gary go the master communicator.
Speaker 2: All right, Steve will hang on the line. Well, Rob, you can get Steve's number. But thanks for calling. We appreciate it. Six two, four thirty. How are we doing, USA? How do you feel about the country? I mean, Steve's he's a big time optimist. I gotta be honest, I can't. I don't think I've ever been this negative. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I just don't want to leave the house. You know what I'm saying, I just that's it. I just I don't want to turn on the TV. I do to you know, and it comes to all the hearings. Now they the cabinet members. Everybody knows everything about everyone. I mean, there were just some things I don't want to know, like are you qualified to do the job? That's fine, I don't know what I don't I don't want to know about the dirt in the closet. Have you're not breaking a law? If you haven't broken a law, but you've got some questionable stuff. I don't want to know. Can you do the job? It's as simple as that. That's all I want. We got a couple of calls coming up. Okay, Rob, we're gonna take a break here, try to keep the clock. Well, we're gonna try to stay on us now six d seven two five thirty. More calls coming up on how are we doing USA? On WBZ.
Speaker 3: You're on the Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, how we do in USA? What's what we're gonna do between now and twelve minut night Gary tag Away for Dan Ray on wbz's Night Side. Let's grab Don and Belmont, Don, you're up on WBZ, Oh Gary, Don, how are we doing?
Speaker 1: Doing great?
Speaker 6: Doing great? I wanted to call because I was on my way home and I listened to Dan all off and on the night but up staying. I've called in it a few times, and you know, last half hour was unbelievable. Unbelievable, man, it was always the whole cut. The state could have an allegian could have heard what you said.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate it, Don. I don't think everybody agrees with me, but I'm just speaking from the heart.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and maybe we're talking to some friends. Excuse me. I was just taking at some Italian bread of the bag.
Speaker 2: That's all right, kid, we all got to eat.
Speaker 6: I know it's gone now this week, coming home this week, coming home this week, Uh meeting the hell it was kind of unusual to I extend. I thought posting uh Trump's schedule for three days. I think Uh. Friday was some ceremony at Arlington Cemetery, Lington National Cemetery, and Saturday a rally at some arena. It's either in Maryland or Virginia. And I was like, he's having a rally while people in California are hurting big time is wrong with that guy?
Speaker 2: Well, well you know, well, don listen. He's nuts. Look he was.
Speaker 1: I know he's not.
Speaker 2: But he was a better alternative and in the minds of the American people than Kamala Harris. And I understand that. I see it. I get it. The thing with Trump, oh I hate it. I hate it. Oh believe me, I hate it. I would have voted for Dicky Haley. I mean, look, Trump always wants to run for office. That's what he will do as president. He loves to be in front of the I mean he loves to be in front of an audience. When he's running for office. He was dancing to YMCA. I mean even when the guy got shot. When the guy got shot, God bless him, thank you. He survived, but he raised his fist in the air. I mean, he loves to be in front of an audience. That's what he does. He is a figure, that's what he And he loves rallies because when he goes into a rally, he is loved. And I mean, I'll analyze it. I don't think he got any love from his own man. I don't think he got any love as a child growing up and I don't think he got any love earlier on in his life. I don't think he had a lot of friends. And I think that that's why he wrote all the books. That's why he loves the attention. He just wants to be loved, and that's why he will continue to have these rallies when they're not needed. You're right, done, You're right, they're not needed.
Speaker 6: There's there's a there's a mental illness thing there. Like, I'm the president of the greatest country in the world. We've got a big section that's in front where tremendous fires. People are hurting. But I got to go before a cloud and get adulation and approval to be me.
Speaker 2: That's superstit, absolutely absolutely. But he's in, you know, and and and I understand why he's in. I understand it. I got to be honest with you, you know. I mean, you look at Kamala Harris, so you look at Donald Trump, and I go, oh, I don't want either of them.
Speaker 6: But one is a common sense you know, he was. I liked her common sense and a plan, and so she was thrust into it with a hundred days left.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did, they blew it, but yeah, yeah, they blew it. Biden blew it. He never did. I agree, But I also didn't think. I also didn't think she she hit a home run. She didn't come out and grab it. I thought she was too passive.
Speaker 6: I had that feeling too, like it hit the top of the fence, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I don't even know if I got the defence. Don You're a great call, Thanks, buddy, Alan Chelmsford, you're up on WBZ. Hello, Al, you're on night Side. All are you there, Buddy? All right, and we lost Al. Sorry about that. Let's go to Tina, my friend Tina and Musnic. You're on WBZ.
Speaker 8: Hey, Tina, Hello, Hi, Oh, I'm fine. I just turned into your show about eight minutes ago. So I'm kind of at a loss of what everything you've been talking about. But from what I gathered, you want to know about the country and the state or the state of America.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about the United States of America?
Speaker 8: Not very good? And the two things that are coming across my mind now is, and I'm trying to understand it correctly, two different things. And it's really occurring in the past two weeks is that number one people have said in other programs that Jimmy caught. It was a very weak president and that what he should have done when they took the hostages was that he should have blockaded Iran so they wouldn't, you know, be able to import export.
Speaker 2: You should you should have been in bargos, right right, right right.
Speaker 8: However, the one thing he did do, he did they came back alive. Because if he would have done the embargo, how do we know that those people in Iran are the people who held the hostages, wouldn't have killed them. So I think you're gonna give him credit for the fact that they did come home alive. So I just wanted to give.
Speaker 2: You that well, Tina, But before you go onto, I want to make a point about that before we go on to the next topic here, and don't forget your point, because I have a tendency to do that. Here's the thing that people forget. There was a rescue attempt by the Carter administration, and I believe it was Jody Powell, who was in his cabinet, who met and they had special forces that were gonna go in and make a rescue attempt, and there was a mechanical problem with the helicopter and they couldn't and the helicopter was the helicopter. It didn't crash, but they were forced to make a landing because they had a mechanical problem. That killed Carter's reputation. Now Carter isn't like helicopter, he's not working on the health helicopter. The guy served his country. I mean, you can make the argument that Trump was a draft dodger. Carter served his country. He was in the Navy. He was a nuclear scientist for the United States Navy. Yes, but this is all perception. Because that helicopter, that helicopter crashed and they couldn't go through with the rescue. Carter's reputation took ahead, So that's right, you know. And he took ahead, and Reagan came in and looked the part. Yes, yeah, you're not wrong.
Speaker 8: The other thing that upsets me, Okay, I'm just trying to find out the truth. I'm an old lady. I'm always looking for the truth. I don't like the fact that they're trying to ban TikTok because the way I look at it, Yeah, Chinese Communist Party, Chinese communism is different from Russian communism, and I don't see myself China as an adversary. I see them as a trading partner, and I don't think there's anything wrong with TikTok and the bigger in the bigger scope of things. What do you think about my ideas that I just shared with you.
Speaker 2: I think that they're very reasonable, and I will just share this with you. I I agree with you to a point. And this is where you and I separate. China is very important to our economy. There's no question you are absolutely right about that. China is very important to our economy. A twenty five percent tariff that Trump wants to place on that country, it's not a good idea, Okay. That's not a great idea that I know.
Speaker 8: Okay, But when the.
Speaker 2: United States government goes to the Supreme Court and says we have information about TikTok that will further substantiate why you should ban it. I look at TikTok and I go it looks harmless to me. My kids do it. It's everywhere. I have friends that make money doing it, you know, with so it looks pretty like okay. So if the Chinese government gets my address, who cares? You know, I really don't care. But the one thing that is when the government goes to the Supreme Court is look, there's something else going on here. I want to believe the government that China is using it for evil purposes that risks our national security. And when that.
Speaker 8: Happens, can't you say that you can blame social media in general?
Speaker 2: Well, yes you can. Look, information is everywhere. It's out of control. It's out of control. Like you can do your best, don't give out your social Security number, protect you're finding it, protect your finances. But it's hard. I mean, the digital Highway is massive. Who knows where it goes, who knows what ends up on the dark web. I mean I've kind of thrown up my hands with it that you know, at some point in time you're going to get hacked.
Speaker 8: But I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: But TikTok is run by the Chinese government, and the Chinese government is looking to do some things that benefit them that don't benefit us.
Speaker 8: And that's life and business and the social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the bottom line, well they are, but China is not looking up for the bottom line and to make money. China is looking out to get information or do something to the United States that hurts us in the world stage, that they are a threat to us. They are a business partner, yes, but the government feels that they are a threat to us and a threat to our safety. That's why they want to shot it down. Because if you think about it, Donna, I mean, Tina, excuse me, if you think about it, We've never done this. I mean, we've never the United States has never done this. I mean, and you want to talk about we've had We've had media outlets say nasty things about our government. We've had media outlets that are racist, that are homophobic, but we say, hey, free speeche we let it ride. We let it ride. So it's got to be I I look at it this way. It's got to be pretty bad for them to want to shut it down. That's my thing. I trust them, but I hear you. I hear what you're saying. I get it.
Speaker 8: I get I don't trust them. I don't trust the government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to. I have to trust them on this one, Tina. Thank you for the phone call. All good stuff. Six one seven, All right, take care six one seven, four, ten thirty. We're gonna get to Alan Chelsford. He'll take us home. Coming up next here on WBZ.
Speaker 3: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World Life Side Studios.
Speaker 2: I'm WBZ News Radio Gary Tank, Dan Ray feeling finishing things up. Been a great show tonight. Really has been talking about the TikTok band Lake Lively and it ends with us and Justin Baldoni that's just a mess. He's gonna lose badly on that. And quite frankly, he should talked about Brabes, the new head coach of the Patriots, and my friend, my friend Tanya Ray Fox. So all good stuff. Uh and now how do you feel about the USA? How are we doing? Be honest, I'm a little down. Maybe it's just because I'm older. Maybe I realized that everybody puts on their pants one leg at a time. But I long for the days when we looked up to our political leaders, or I would look at a political political leader and say, you know what, that person's smarter than me. We're in better hands with he or she in charge. And I just don't feel that way anymore. All right, Alan Chelmsford, how you're up on WBZ? Yeah, that's up? How you doing?
Speaker 7: I just want I just wanted to comment on your opening statements. I tend to agree about ninety nine percent of what you said. I think it was really straightforward and it says where we're at. I tend to be a little more positive though, than you were, or that you feel.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad. How come? Why are you more positive?
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 5: Gary?
Speaker 9: I am sixty okay, I'm seventy four, so I've seen a little bit more.
Speaker 7: Than you over the years.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I'm in.
Speaker 7: Business for myself. I'm still working. I started my business I was twenty years old.
Speaker 9: In blue collar in construction, so I'm out there with a lot of blue collar people. And I voted for Trump both times, but the second time.
Speaker 7: Very hesitantly right. But I didn't like the alternative.
Speaker 2: Well that's the problem. Yes, agreed, and.
Speaker 7: Since he got in, I didn't think he was gonna win by that much, and he did. And a lot of people that I've talked to that I know were Democrats before or voted Democrat kind of came around because there wasn't really any other alternative.
Speaker 2: Well, the Democratic Party has been the Democrat I'm sorry, let me hold you a Yeah, the Democratic Party has abandoned their base. I mean they just had correct they have abandoned their base. They have gone too far to the left too, and they've become too arrogant. And they've gone too far to the left with the Hollywood All. They've become much too arrogantep and they have forgot, they have forgotten what the Democrat Party has been made of, which is basically hardworking people, regardless of race, regardless of race.
Speaker 7: And I think I think that because they gave out so much over the years, that they've actually ruined some of the younger kids today to be hard workers. You know, we're trying to get kids to shovel snow. Twenty five thirty years ago, I had kids lined up, their parents would drop them off when they were in high school, and they would shovel snow for us and make a night's pay or weekend's pay. Today, I don't want to shovel snow. I'm getting thirty dollars an hour.
Speaker 2: Well, I know we sound like a couple of old bastards, but you're preaching to the converted. You're absolutely right. I mean, you are absolutely right. I agree one hundred percent. I mean, you know, I've gone into restaurants and I've worked at radio. My whole life. I started working in radio in high school and that's that's what I did. I worked at the Kittery Trading Post part time when I got out of college to supplement my radio income, which wasn't great. But I had friends of mine that waited tables, they bartended, and they just crushed it on tips. I've gone into restaurants now in my hometown and they'll are like, half the thing is shut down because they can't people, they can't get people to work as servers. What has happened is that that generations have worked so damn hard to give their kids a great life. The kids are soft. I mean, it's a fact. And I could sound like an embarrass it all I want, but.
Speaker 7: It's oh and I'm guilty of it. Give it to thank God my daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean, you know, fortunately my son, God blessed him when he was home on break. He loves money and he's worked multiple jobs. He saved his money. You know, he's investing in the market. I'm not worried about him, but there and he he has never shot away from hard work. I'm fortunate, But you're right, I mean, and shovel and snow that was a great job. Because it was seasonal. You didn't have to commit. You could go out and make a hundred bucks in a night, and it just doesn't happen anymore. Al you're you agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed, Let's go to boy. God, this is just old men complaining. Pelvis and Middleton. You're up on WVZ.
Speaker 5: Gary, what's up? What's up?
Speaker 2: Bud?
Speaker 6: I love you, I love you.
Speaker 5: I'd love to hear you back on the radio. He's listen to you and Zoe lac back on the other channel there.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 5: So I grew up at Myopia Hunt Club in Hamilton, mass Over at the Polo Fields. I built my business around, you know, landscape design and construction, a lot of those high end golf course guys whatever, and the same thing like you hired the Guatemalan guys. I hired a bunch of these guys at big money, thirty forty dollars an hour. You get to a point where you don't you don't have any young American options anymore. All the all the younger, all the all the generation. Now they want to make a TikTok video with their feet or their chest and they're going to make a ton of money on it.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe.
Speaker 5: But the problem is I will tell you from personal experience real quick, and this is something you could look up. But one of the guys I had worked with me for a very long time, hard working Guatemalan guy did a lot of brickwork for US, high end brickwork, patios, outdoor kitchens, whatever. He was picked up by the Ice last last year in the North Strow Mall. They recognized his face. He was wanted for out rape and extortion and all tends.
Speaker 6: Some of the shit.
Speaker 5: We would have no idea. He was such a good guy, he was around my kids, he got paid well, we would never know who he was. This is what happened. He got reported in twenty eleven for this and he came back here four years later. We hired him unknowingly because he's you know, looked like a sweetheart, did did hard work the vetting process.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 5: That's the problem. It's like, I have nothing against anybody who wants to make a better life for themselves, but a country with no borders is no country. Well, you and I love I love Quebec City. You and I cannot walk into Quebec City and start a business with our hands open. Free medical, free education, free food, free housing. It's never going to happen. Right, were the only country who allowed that, and that is disgraceful. And that's why the latest one in Revere, who was a friend of mine, who's a Revere lieutenant, they accompassed a ton of heroin and sentinel last week and Revere, right, I mean it's dangerous. And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Pelvis got thirty seconds. We got to go. No, I agree with you. I think you're absolutely right. Look, I want people to come in here and start a new life. The border's got to change. It's just got to. It's it's just got to. Thanks buddy, great call. I appreciate it. Thanks everybody, Rob Brooks, Marita, you're the best. All right. I'll be back in February. This is WBZ. Take care.