Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much to call over a kind introduction tonight. Thank you. My name is Dan Ray. We have lots of guys. We got both Rob Indian back in the studio tonight, so they're double teaming with two control room producers, which is always very nice. We have some good guests coming up in the first hour. No phone calls in the first hour. So as I say, my name is Dan Ray and this is Nightside. You're listening if you happen to be listening on a car somewhere anywhere east of the Mississippi River and you're picking us up on our ten to thirty am signal, this is WBZ in Boston. Then we're every weeknight from eight until midnight. Coming up tonight, we're going to talk about a very interesting number statistic that has been released by the Colwalth of Massachusetts without the number of EBT cards that are in our state. Two point six million EBT cards in a state that is a population of a little less than seven million. That's a pretty big number. But we'll talk about that. I think we'll also talk about the life and times of Louis Tiant a little bit later on tonight, the great Red Sox pitcher who was born in Cuba but made Boston his home after us spending some time with several Major League teams. We'll do a little tribute to Louis Ti on tonight, and who knows what else we will get into a little bit later on. I will tell you that we do intend to give away later tonight two two sets of tickets to see the Tina Turner musical that is happening next week on October eighteenth at eight o'clock. Let's see, today is the nine. So yeah, it's going to be next week out at the Henover Theater in Worcester. So if you're interested, stay with us. We will give away two sets of tickets, four tickets in all, one set of two, another set of two. Pretty easy to remember. This is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, as they think all of you know. We're going to also be giving away some nightside pink t shirts courtesy of our friends at College Hype to emphasize the importance of this month and with us to specifically talk about this. From the Dana Cancer Fober Institute is doctor Harold Burstein. Doctor Burstein welcome to nightside. How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm glad to be with you tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen these trends and we've talked about them before. Women, more young women are getting breast cancer earlier in their lives. Is there any I know it's early, but what's going on with that trend? If it is indeed a trend?
Speaker 3: Well, for several years now, there has been a slow increase in the diagnosis of breast cancer amongst both younger women and amongst postmenopausal or older women. The usual age cut point there is around fifty, so the rate of breast cancer in younger women less than age fifty has gone up by about one percent a year over the past few years. The rate of breast cancer diagnosis in older women has also gone up by about zero point seven percent per year now, because there are way more cases of breast cancer in postmenopausal women than there are in younger women. Actually, the number of women who were postmenopausal getting diagnosed with breast cancer in absolute terms has gone up quite substantially higher compared to the number of younger women. But both groups are showing this small, steady rise.
Speaker 2: So look, most of us, I think have eliminated things like cigarettes. Never was a smoker, but very few I think younger people are smoking. I guess they were doing some vaping for a while. Is this because of foods that were eating. Is it something to do with chemicals that were being exposed to just in our day to day or I guess there's an increase, but it probably is not significant enough to trace it to one specific cause. That's what I'm sensing. I'm gonna you're gonna tell me.
Speaker 3: I think you're on track there. So breast cancer is not a disease linked to smoking particularly, but there are other environmental and lifestyle factors that probably do increase the risk at the population level. So one of them is just much better nutrition. So people are able to eat more than they were in generations past. They are often heavier or more likely to be obese than they were in years past, and those are risk factors for developing breast cancer. And the American Cancer Society believes that at the core of all of this, this kind of weight change and some other lifestyle factors are the contributing cause for the slow rise in the diagnosis of breast cancer.
Speaker 2: Also on that list, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Related to that related to that. So young girls are starting to menstruate at earlier ages than they did in the past, and they are having fewer pregnancies than in years past, they are having those pregnancies later in life again on average, and they're nursing their children for shorter durations of time on average. All of those are well known population risk factors for developing breast cancer, and so that sort of describes a lot of what's happening, you know, in the United States right now, and the American Cancer Society thinks that's those kinds of reproductive factors, nutrition factors are driving the slow increase that.
Speaker 2: Would be under sort of a behavioral umbrella. I realized that that smoking causes lung cancer primarily, but I also thought that introducing guitar and nicotine and those carcinogens into your body had an impact on other levels of cancer as well. It sounds to me like it's much more behavioral at this point. Are the rates of breast cancer amongst women rising at a similar level in other countries, either countries in the West or countries around the world. Are their studies that have even looked at that question yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a really great question, and so actually, rates of breast cancer worldwide are going up, particularly in areas that have historically been economically quite disadvantaged. So areas of Southeast Asia and Sub Saharan Africa are seen substantial rises in the rates of breast cancer, probably for very similar reasons that we just outlined in the United States, which is, people are better nourished, they are having longer periods of menstrual cycles, they are having fewer pregnancies. Women are having fewer pregnancies as they have had economic gains in those parts of the world, and they are less likely to be nursing their children than in years past. And again, all of those are well known factors that relate to the population risk of breast cancer.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's not leave the subject, and I appreciate your time, But have not the ages when women should start to get mammograms as recommended by you an I age and CDC and all of the alphabet soup agencies. Have not those ages or recommended ages been lowered recently? Could that contribute to it? Or I mean, obviously i'd hope that would prevent it in the long run, But is that something that is concerning or is it something that's that's actual good news that cancers are getting detected earlier. I'm trying to look at a positive here in this dark cloud.
Speaker 3: Well, let me give you two really important positive. So the first is you're correct. We are encouraging women now beginning at age forty to get screening mammograms, and the US Preventive Health Services Task Force this past year joined many other organizations that had already lowered the age for starting mammography to around age forty, So most women should begin getting screening mammograms at around age forty and typically continue until age seventy or later. So a little bit of this is greater detection in women ages forty to fifty who might not have had early detection before. But the other really important piece of news is that while the rate of diagnosis has been going up for breast cancer, the actual mortality rate, the death rate from breast cancer continues a steady thirty year decline, and that is because of much more widespread utilization of mammograms. So there's early detection and much improved treatment for breast cancer in the way of endocrine therapies, targeted drugs, immunotherapy, traditional chemotherapy, so there's more breast cancer being diagnosed, but there actually are fewer deaths from breast cancer, and that's because of early detection and better treatment.
Speaker 2: It's always great to end on a positive note, doctor Bursty, thank you very very much for all the information to provide it with us in this breast cancer Awareness month. And I hope many folks will listen to this interview and they if they missed it, they can listen to it on Nightside on demand as early as sometime tomorrow morning. So if you have a loved one who happens to be in any of those age categories, make sure she listens to it. And I guess men should be checking for this as well, not doing mammograms per se, but certainly be being aware of their own bodies and reactions. Thank you so much, doctor Burstay, thank.
Speaker 3: You, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Good night.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Okay, when we get back, a sad note, but a great career and a great guy, Louis Tillan. We'll remember Louis Tillan right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Want to welcome back Alberto Vassallo, President, and CEO of Telemundo in Boston, and we want to talk just for a little bit here about a great baseball player, and I think a greater human being, Louis Tiant. Eldionte. I had a chance to get to know Louis pretty well after his career. I know Alberto knew him as well. Alberto, I don't think we're ever going to see the likes of a Louis Tiant in this town again.
Speaker 4: Agree or disagree, Oh, agree on so many different levels just on the ball field, but austin field too. And I think oftentimes those across the country don't realize, you know, what an important role Louis played in kind of the history of Boston when he came here in seventy one and seventy two. So he was he was a mighty tall figure off on and off the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he really fell in love with the community, with Boston, and Boston fell in love with him at a time when you know, interracial relations in Boston were really at a very low point. But I think everybody loved Louis tillant. The fact that it was a Red Sox helped that. But he he was just someone who was always willing to meet people, talk to people, spend time with people. Very different from a lot of ballplayers who want to go to the ballpark, go home and and kind of stay away from people. Louis was just the opposite. He was he was excited, I think by the fans as much as they as much as they were excited by his on field performances.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you know, I've known Louise my whole life. He was the reason why I got involved with the Red Sox. My father knew him from Cuba, so when al Mundo started in seventy two, Louis had just been here one year, and he taught me a lot of life's valuable lessons over the years. He was a great father, faithful husband, but also a teacher in a very subtle way. He was a stickler for doing things like he called it the right way. So I admire Louie. I said, I was proud that I was probably being Cuban American because of Louis the ballplayer, but I was prouder to be Cuban American because of Louis the person. If you ever get a chance, and you would have that chance, Dan at some point to touch to accountant fisk A, Yeah, Jim Rice, any of his teammates. I mean, they love Louis so much because for exact those reasons you just talked about, he got along with everybody. And I can assure Red Sox Nation that as much as Red Sox Nation loved Louis, Louis loved Boston. He said it was his second He wouldn't say second his second country.
Speaker 5: I would always say, we're a city where you say no, no, Boston is my second country.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean there are so many stories. I remember I would see Louis often at breakfast as a breakfast place in Milton that he and I both went to Newcomb's, which is I forget the major road, but it's a major road right off of one twenty eight. And you'd walk in there and he would be with Maria. Uh, and she was the most beautiful woman in the place. I mean, she's just there was something about Maria that at the you know, I don't care if she was in her sixties, seventies or whatever, stunning. And Louis would be there and uh, you know, Louis would Louis would try to pick up your tab and I mean, no, Loly is my turn and then he would let you pay for his breakfast. Most generous guy. And uh, just in the community and available. And of course baseball, you know, took him to other cities. He was in Cleveland first, and then he spent a year in Minnesota, and then he went to the to the Evil Empire for a little while and finished up in Pittsburgh and uh in California, and then he did some coaching, and he moved around and all of that, and he was a baseball lifer, as they say, but you always came back to Boston. I got to know Louis a little bit through his biographer, Joe Fitzgerald. He used to write was a sports guy in Boston. And I'm sure Joe has interviewed you. Joe fitz as we called them, loved Louis, loved Louis, and he would tell and Joe off sadly has passed on, but he would tell. He could tell Louis stories for hours. And he did it in books too, By the way, there was some great books that that he wrote. It included, you know, a biography of Louis. And I just you know, when when I read that story yesterday, I had no idea he was sick. You know, I wasn't his closest friend or anything, nor know what I expect to. But I mean when I saw that that news flash yesterday your hearts.
Speaker 5: You're saying, it was like, oh, yeah, yeah, I really did. Yeah, that was the feeling. Yeah, you're You're exactly right. I didn't expect it to happen, so suddenly I knew he was sick. He was at the ballpark the last weekend of the season. I was trying to get my father and him to seach other. I follow him at exactly the same eighty three. Like I said, they came over from Cube, my father and Louis. I think I told you this once. They made a pact here in Boston never to go back to Cuba until you know, Castro was dead and there was no communism when Cute.
Speaker 4: When when Louis went back with the family brothers to do that documentary, he called me, he said, I'm going to Cute.
Speaker 5: Don't tell your father, don't kill your father. I'm going to Cuba.
Speaker 4: But then in the premiere he called my dad and they sat next to each other and they both cried. I mean, you know it was it was for me to see my father and Louis crying was very powerful.
Speaker 2: Well for him to escape as a young man and end up pitching. I believe he was pitching in Mexico City and trying to earn a memory and send money home. And then obviously his talent was seen by Major League scouts. And the next thing, at a very young age, at twenty four, he's pitching for the Cleveland Indians, and he's having great seasons with them and winning twenty games, and then all of a sudden, he's got the one down year with Minnesota and the Red Sox, and he kind of readjusted or whatever, developed a couple of new pitches, and next thing, he's in the World Series with the Red Sox in seventy five and the city falls in love with him. He had such a spirit. I mean, he never lost the spirit of a young man. Even as I aged gracefully. He was a young He's always young at heart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you know, one of the issues that is going to come up Ineverabek is why isn't he in the Hall of Fame? If you look at his numbers, if you talk to people like Peter Gammons, who calls him the absolute best player. Not in the Hall of Fame, but you look at his numbers. I mean, if you know baseball, one point six to earn one average, he led the league several years in the era. He gave us eight dominant years in baseball. And I would venture to say I was tuck into a texting back with ex Governor Charlie Baker who said in Alberto, I'm a little bit older than you, but when I was growing up, if there was a clutch game to be won, I didn't want anybody on the mound. But Louis Tian he was clutched. And then I started looking at his wreck.
Speaker 5: You know, I never lost a playoff game.
Speaker 4: And again we're talking about complete games. One hundred and forty seven complete games in his career, and in the World Series, I think it was Game one on one hundred and sixty pitches, and he pitched three games in the World Series. Three games his.
Speaker 2: Lifetime walks, hits, innings pitched is an extraordinary number that alone should put him in the Hall of Fame, you know, having pitched nearly thirty five hundred innings, five hundred and seventy games, and his whip, which is now a statistic that they didn't used to keep, but now it is probably the most important pitch statistic for a pitcher, even more important than e RA one point two zero. No one else comes even close to that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's the thing, right, and his family is probably not going to talk about that now, But I'll tell you something that he told me several times in front of Danny dani is his younger son, and then several times with me when when the whole issue of the of the of the Hall of Fame would come up, and he said, Alberto, you know, if they put me in the Hall of Fame after I'm dead, I don't want you going to the ceremony. I don't want my family showing up, because what am I going to do after dead? That makes you more more qualified? What am I going to go back and pitch ten more innings or ten more games. It's gonna put me over the line. If they're gonna honor me, do it while I'm alive, not while I'm dead.
Speaker 2: So I mean, there's a lot of pictures in there whose numbers are all virtually identical. You can read them in the Boston Globe this morning, and I think Seanisy's called him, Alberto. We should still get him in the Hall of Fame. He belongs there. I know he's he's playing baseball right now in heaven with Babe Ruth and lou Gerriic and and and and other other great Willie WILLI will he's probably walking around introducing me and everybody, because will he just went up there himself a few a few weeks ago.
Speaker 4: And you know, he's recreating right now the iconic nineteen seventy five World Series confrontation with Pete Rose because they both died, you know, just the way very Louis and Pete Rose up there recreating the seventy five World Series.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad place to be right now, that's for sure. Alberto, I believe that. You believe that. Whether others believe it or not, that's their their choice. But it's a very company thought. Thank you, my friend, Alberto Maassalo, the president and CEO of Telemundo Boston.
Speaker 4: And Tellamundo people get mad.
Speaker 5: El Mundo is elmund.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I know we love each other, both we get along.
Speaker 4: It's not it's not competitive, but al.
Speaker 2: Elmund okay, what a difference a letter makes. Thanks Thanks Alberto.
Speaker 4: All right, take care of the very well.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, okay. When we get back, we are going to get the latest on Hurricane Milton, which looks like a nasty storm down in Florida. They are peeping in Florida right now. Who say a prayer for them. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Delighted to be joined by Matthew Belk. He is a meteorologist from the National Weather Service. I think you guys who have the National Weather Service in our neck of the woods down in Norton, Massachusetts. Is that correct?
Speaker 6: My friend Matthew let us correct Dan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so welcome to Night's Side. I don't think you've ever been with us before, but we got a big story to talk about tonight. Hurricane Milton. Not named after Milton, Massachusetts, but it's Hurricane Milton. It's ripping it up tonight in Florida. How bad are the conditions down there in Florida? This thing has now made landfall. Correct.
Speaker 6: As of a thirty PM, the National Hurricane Center is indicated that Milton did make landfall as a category three hurricane near Csta Keith, Florida. As far as what's specifically going on right down there in Tampa Bay right now, it's just probably a lot of strong wind and some very heavy rainfall. Earlier today, there were numerous widespread tornadoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I read that. I saw that. I think they said something like twenty tornadoes and some of them were These weren't like waterspout tornadoes waterspouts. These were full blown tornadoes like you'd see at Kansas in Kansas in August, are Kansas in September? Is that abnormal for a hurricane to spin off tornadoes or is that expected?
Speaker 6: It's actually expected in the northeast quadrant, And in some cases the tornadoes don't even have to be right near the circulation of the hurricane. It could actually be several states away.
Speaker 2: So is what is likely to happen tonight? Take us to the next twenty four hours. If this has made landfall, it's going to go straight across Florida for more of the projections I saw, so it's not going from Key West up to Georgia. It's cutting across the state. It's going to do a lot of damage. I get that, but it will be out back over the Atlantic Ocean, probably by this time tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: Right, probably by sometime tomorrow morning, it's expected to be at least the eye will be expected to be off the coast to be fully done with the rain bands on the backside of the storm. Yeah, it would probably be sometime, you know, twenty four hours from now.
Speaker 2: So a quick, relatively quick, easy for us to say, easy for me to say, but what could have been a more prolonged storm on land will be relatively quick. But it's still going to do tremendous damage, and it's going to hit parts of Florida that were hit a week and a half ago by Helene.
Speaker 6: Correct well, actually Helene actually went through the Panhandle of Florida, so they kind of got a glancing blow from Helene. This time they're going to get hit full on right across, going across through central Florida. So they saw from what I saw from reports, they had a seven foot storm surge from Helene. And there are some areas along the west coast of Florida tonight that are expected to see a storm surge approaching nine to thirteen feet, from Anna Marie Island to Boca Grande.
Speaker 2: So in terms of just raw numbers, seven feet up to nine feet obviously is worse. But I'm assuming this sort of a multiple factor here. Seven nine doesn't sound much more than seven. However, I suspect that nine feet up to thirteen is going to do significant more damage than a tide of seven feet helped me out.
Speaker 6: Well, it's not just a question of really anything over six feet, you know, since most of us aren't more than six feet tall. You're talking about life threatening storm surge. When you start approaching nine to thirteen feet in most first stories of homes, or only ten feet, that's basically an unsurvivable situation. If you're remaining on the first floor building.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the problem.
Speaker 6: That's really the concern that we have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I saw some reports tonight that said that there were people who are going to try to ride it out. And I know that Hurricane Helene which really hit the Carolinas and some of those southeastern states and cause, you know, in terms of death totals, I mean, you're talking about two hundred and twenty people strewn across from Florida up through Georgia, South a little bit of South Carolina, western North Carolina, and into Tennessee. This is going to be more of a Florida centric storm. Is the death total here expected to exceed Helene or will it? Will it not be as much because it doesn't not going to spend that much time over land.
Speaker 6: I don't have any knowledge on those projections, but generally, to your point, what we advise people to do in the National Weather Service is to run from the water and hide from the wind. If you're in a structure that can withstand the wind, it's perfectly fine to stay where you are. Where you really do need to leave if you're going to become in an area that gets completely flooded or in an area that gets severely isolated from flooding, as we saw with heline in North Carolina with a lot of the roads washed out, a lot of people became isolated very quickly, and then it becomes very difficult to begin the recovery process or to get aid. So that's really where we would advise people to leave, as if you're going to be in an area that's going to flood or become isolated for a really long time due to flooding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the problem with that formulation, when you think about it, is that if you're again picked not to pick on Kansas, but if you're in Kansas in the middle of a big tornado, they have all of these tornado cellars. You go into tornado sella and you ride it out and you come up and you hope the house is still there. But if you're going into some sort of a cellar in Florida to avoid the wind and then the water comes in, uh, you are then rocked between the rock, the proverbial rock and hard place. If you know what I'm saying. I and a lot of people just don't have the ability to get a great distance away that some people don't have cars. We assume everybody has a car. There's some people that are in Florida who are are you know, they're not wealthy people and they don't and they don't live in in houses that you know, that that are built as solidly as maybe a lot of houses here in the northeast. This is one that I hope and pray we get lucky, other people in Florida get lucky on because this is all all of the everything that I saw on the news tonight was was terrifying. And thank god, you know, we've had we have had hurricanes here in New England, and I don't think we've ever had one of this magnitude, at least in my lifetime. Matthew, I appreciate you taking the time and answering some questions. We don't prepare these interviews, so I appreciate it when someone says, I don't know the answer to that question, and that's the right answer when you don't know the answer to the question, and as they say, I'm just I like to pick people's brains because you about whether you know a lot more than I do. And so thank you for the opportunity to get a lot of information out in front of a lot of people tonight. Matthew Belk of the National Weather Service, thanks you for having me.
Speaker 6: Dan, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: When we get back, going to talk to a woman named Nicole Puzzo, and she has a very interesting clothing store called b Free Clothing Company. I will explain on the other side of this quick break on a Wednesday night, when thank God, things are quiet here in New England, but say a prayer for folks in other parts of the country, particularly the people down in Florida for the next twenty four hours. Back after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World to night Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: I want to give a shout out to one of our regular Nightside listeners, Ken from Florida, who called in but while he was in the phone he lost power. Ken. If you get a chance and if you're happy to able to listen on a battery powet radio, if you're able to reach us, we would love to hear what's going on in your own world down there in Florida tonight and stay safe. My friend Low is our fourth and final guest here in this edition of the night Side News Update on Wednesday Night. Occovia ninth ninth delighted to welcome Nicole Phuso. She's the co founder of bee Free, one of two moms who started this company. First of all, Nicole, before we talk about the company, how long has this company been in business and how did you happen to start this company? I've read a little bit about it, but I want to learn more about it. But what what what made you decide to start your own company?
Speaker 7: Well, my daughter Stella has cerebral palsy and at the age of five, underwent double hip surgery. And basically it left her and cast on both legs with a bar in between and actually nothing to dress her in for about a three month recovery. And after talking with her doctors at Children's and asking them what to dress somebody and during recovery like this, they were like, well, dresses, long shirts, blankets, And to me, that sounded miserable. So I went out and I bought a paraprit jam of bottoms for my daughter and took them apart at the outer seam and at the time just sewed some bellcrow and was able to sit her in the pants and put them around her calf, and it was completely It just changed her entire recovery process. So yeah, yeah, she wouldn't even leave the house or anything, and people were coming going all the time. So it just made her so much more comfortable and it really did perk her up a little bit during that timeframe. And my business partner, who was also one of my longtime friends, Joanne to commil Hell, came over to visit Stella one day and saw the pants and we started talking about it and she was just like, we couldn't believe how simple the design was and how so many people could benefit from them, so we decided to move forward with making at the time just a recovery pant. We were thinking and re formed be Free in twenty and fifteen. However, we got sidetracked by COVID and officially launched in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's relatively new. So you manufacture the clothing or do you? Where? Does where does the clothing come from? Who is it made for? And it's adaptive clothing as I understand it, And how can individuals who might be listening and who might be interested in purchasing. I want to get all the information. So do you manufacture the clothing? How does the how does the supply materialize? Pardon the putt?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, we do have a manufacturer that we used to actually make the pants, although Joanne's mom made all of our samples at the beginning when we first started out, thankfully we had her. But we do have a manufacturer that we use, and we do all our own distribution, so we basically do all the fulfillment and shipping and all of that. Right now, it's just the two of us. We're really small. Our target market is really anyone that is recovering from a surgery, any type of lower limb surgery. I mean, they're amazing for that. It seems to be even just like for the aging population. Adaptive sports is a huge population for us. We have both adult and used sizes, and we sell off of our website, which is befreeco dot com, and we also have an Etsy shop. We have multiple sizes and multiple colors. And again our pants are really easy to put on and take off. You basically they end up completely on the utter seme, allowing you to dress somebody without having to go up through their legs. So they are really a game changer for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: So are you a Boston or a New England based company? I see the phone numbers of six one seven number? Do you have a do you have a brick and mortarsaur? Is everything done over the.
Speaker 7: Internet right now? It's over the internet. It's we are in Boston, well they're north of Boston win Swampscott and we're just out of our home office doing all the fulfillment and ourselves.
Speaker 2: So do you create clothing for not only kids like your daughter? How's your daughter doing? By the way, she got it's when you.
Speaker 7: Started, right, Yeah, she's fifteen. I can't even believe it. But yeah, she's doing really well. Luckily she hasn't had to follow up with another surgery similar to that, so that's been amazing. But yeah, she's doing great, She is doing great, excellent.
Speaker 4: I had to I had to add, so thank you.
Speaker 2: You do you do again? If I use the word adaptive clothing, is that a proper term? Is there a better term for it?
Speaker 7: Well, I would say adaptive and inclusive. I mean, basically, we've had people ironically use our pants for like stuff. We never even dreamed that. We have people that have used them for horseback riding and fishing and gymnastics just you know, just because they like the ease of taking the pants on and off without having to take their shoes off.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: So what we like the We like the term universal or adaptive, but you know it's I don't think either one is wrong to use.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. So so if someone is dealing with a child who who needs to get some clothes that would be more adaptive, they could contact you and this would also work other I assume for folks on the other age end of the age spectrum who might be now more limited as they get older in their ability needs to maneuver and jump out of bed in the morning and get dressed in two minutes. Anything that would make life easier for someone who is caring for an older parent, I assume that those would be people who could take advantage as well.
Speaker 7: Correct, Oh, yes, definitely, I think there. Our pants are really great for caregivers. They do make dressing and undressing. Our tagline is Dressed with Us Stress for a reason because it does make that process just a little bit easier and more dignified for everybody involved. And that's one of our main goals is just to make everything a little bit easier. And living it firsthand I can speak to the how truly easy it is and life changing for the person you're caring for. I also think that somebody with limited mobility or somebody who you know can dress themselves. It's also a great product for them too.
Speaker 2: Well. It's funny I keep thinking about the phrase that necessity is the mother of invention. Yeah, you know, you found yourself in a situation where you had to come up with something and now it's going to benefit other people. So let's get a website and then let's talk about how people can get you easily. What U is the website.
Speaker 7: The website is WW dot bfreeco dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, so all that is is the WWW stuff. I don't even worry about that anymore. Just go B free just be b e eco dot com. So bfreeco dot com, which will okay, yep, and then tell us about the website at C. I'm familiar with it, but not as familiar as I should be.
Speaker 7: So at the site that you know, anybody really any type of idea can be sold on, and we are on there do The nice thing is that shipps internationally, so if anyone you know wants to ship out of the US, they can do that through at D. But you know, they carry all different types of products from home goods to clothing to outdoor stuff everything. It's just another third party seller.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent. Well look it sounds like a great purpose and your meeting with success. B free The website again, just for to simplify it is bfreeco dot com. Check it out. B E F R E E c O all one word, eight letters, lowercase bfreeco dot com. Thank you so much, Nicol. I enjoyed talking with you, and please say hello to your daughter for us, and we wish her every success. I'm sure she's going to have a great academic experience and she will adapt to whatever physical limitations she might end up having to deal with. But she's in our thoughts and press.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Nicoll, thank you for having me, thank you, good night, thank you very welcome.
Speaker 2: Here comes to nine o'clock News, and on the other side, we're going to talk about e b T cards in Massachusetts. I think you're going to be surprised at some numbers that we will share right after the nine