Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Pictures Media Radio. Welcome to Policy and Rights show up Gosh, Welcome to Policy Human Joys. Welcome back to Policy and right here Depictions Media Radio. I'm your host, Michael Cloggs. Okay, so we're going to hear from Mark Karney today and hey, okay, this is the importance of Mark Karney speaking to the press from the Parliament Hill. He is speaking about mostly he is speaking about measures to protect Canadian steel and aluminum industries. As we know that Donald Trump has escalated the some ridiculous and illegal amount of tariff to be placed on Canadian steel products. He is also placing at the same time also aluminum products. Well, one of the issues is is that most of the North American aluminum mines exist in Canadian territories. So Donald Trump claims that he doesn't need aluminum from Canada, that America has its own aluminum. Well that's not exactly true. He does actually need Canadian aluminum and steel products. So mister Carney is announcing some measures to protect those products, to protect those industries from the tariffs and help the help keep all of those all of those workers with jobs, and help keep them keep the industry moving smoothly, Okay, So mister Kearney is also joined by the the Ministers of Finance and the Minister of Industry, as well as the Minister of Inter Government Governmental Affairs as he makes his announcement about him protecting the uh steel and aluminum for Canada. This is also coming just a couple of days after the end of the G seven summit in Alberta. If we also remember correctly when there were some announcements about Iran and Israel and mister Trump actually left the talks early before they mister Carney and him could actually have some serious considerations about what it is they're going to talk about to find a really good financial path and trade deal for both the United States and Canada. Mister Carney also said in a interview at the end of the g G seven summit that there was a active, invalid trade deal between the US and Canada with the U S m c A. So, so we're also going to hear today about Israel and Palestine. The there is a recording from the Human Rights Commission and the inquiries into what is actually going on with the let's put the judicial end of and holding people accountable for war crimes, and and for withdrawing humanitarian aid and trying to starve people until they die off, limitating and uh and stealing, stealing in destruction of cultural items that would help future generations identify with being Palestinian. All of these things are mounting up and and there there is a serious discussion about who is accountable and how not only units can be held accountable, mility where units can be held accountable, that individuals can also be held accountable for crimes against humanity and war crimes, for example. They are going to discuss this a little bit further, that the happening where Israeli citizens were held as hostages by the Hamas constitutes a war crime that and a crime against humanity, And with all that being said, they want to hold each individual person accountable for their crimes. They are also discussion about some of the people that have been arrested, and they don't even know how many people Israel is holding accountable for such crimes because there hasn't been any due process put forth to or trials to put put forth in order to figure out the evidence of each individual person. As they had a part in the holding of Israeli host citizens hostage UH during the during that time period UH from UH it was almost two years along with that. There they they have named individual units they could be held at military units that could be held accountable for the destruction of civilian sites in Gaza by the Israeli d UH defense forces there there. When they talk about accountability, they want to make sure that people understand that not only could your military unit be held responsible, but you personally can be held responsible in certain acts. And they want to make sure that for these war crimes, that people are held responsible and that they do suffer some uh some consequences and not just some military In some cases, some military tribunals have been held and Israel has swept the results of those under the rug rather than making it evident what the consequences were to soldiers who have committed such war crimes or that have done things violence against women and civilians, or with withdrawing of humanitarian aid such as food and clean water. They so this commission wants to make sure that that these these people who who commit these acts are treated and shown to be criminals in a humanitarian way. So we're gonna hear about that in the in this next episode and we're gonna also hear about from the United Nations Press UH floor about ongoing military actions between Iran and Israel, as well as some other things that have come up between Palace in Israel, I can more recent actions, and what the United Nations themselves are trying to do to push forward with humanitarian effort so that all parties have their rights supported and all parties are acting within the rules of international law. So with that, why don't we get started with here from mister Karney as he's trying to protect Canadian industry.
Speaker 2: Okay, good afternoon, everyone, bo to mont This week, Canada hosted the G seven Summit in Kanaanascus, Alberta and his chair I focused on strengthening international partnerships with leading nations around the table to find areas of cooperation on shared priorities. Anuvaux Lemontier, Vois la Valle de s for Rome, the Numbers Discussion France a velt On, Lena Paul battsil This Economy, Plue fart On, Hon Dan Lemonde, Blue Security, Tale La Security Energetic On Core, Jean le Patrea de la veder Qe canadasquis the Nouvelle Opportunity, Paula Canada, Sir le Mino, Jo Critsic, Evic dot p so Lantelijean, Sataficiel, Sir les Chen Dapo Vision looks bim Punc. Now Canadian leadership will be defined not just by the strength of our values, but also by the value of our strength. The world wants to do much more, much more, and work much more closely with Canada, and we're ready now. On Monday morning, I with colleagues met with President Trump to discuss international priorities as part of the G seven, but also to further negotiate a new economic and security partnership between Canada and the United States. And as we've said repeatedly, we'll take all the time we need to get the best deal for Canada, but no longer. And seeing progress that's been made, President Trump and I agreed to pursue negotiations towards a deal within the coming thirty days. Will continue these negotiations, of course, in good faith. In parallel, we must reinforce our strength at home and safeguard Canadian workers and businesses from the unjust US tariffs that exist at present. And that's why we're announcing that Canada will be introducing a series of countermeasures to protect Canadian steel and aluminum workers and producers. And there's several and I'm going to listen. First, Canada will adjust its existing counter tariffs on US steel and aluminum products on the twenty first of July, at the end of that thirty day period. In other words, we're going to adjust them to levels consistent with the progress that's made at that point on the broader training arrangements with the United States. Secondly, we will implement reciprocal procurement rules ensuring that only Canadian producers and producers from trading partners that provide Canada with terra free reciprocal access through trade agreements can compete for federal government procurement of steel and aluminum. The gouvern ament it, the nouveau quota terrifiere, the NIVO damp, the prodri dasier, the du mail vent cut on provenance to pay postabilize it dont peschier in dayton mon commercial doma jab suite zaks pri balace it as you need so quota so applicue reactive mo is so nree examinee don't les trent jutle gouvernment adopted her the Mezzo Terrifierre Suplemntere or called the pass se men post or Risk Associates a last Carmeers de loyal don le sector de la sierum quisson exe bi balle meso american Le Canadian sepplic solon lacip toupey duft gulage polacier dupaid fusion moulagemum. The Government of Canada will also review its remission framework for automobiles to favor the use of Canadian steel and aluminum in Canadian made products. And finally, we're creating two government stakeholder task forces, one for steel one for aluminum to monitor trade and market trends and to better support government decision making and workers going forward. Remind that the ten billion dollar Large Enterprise Tariff Loan Facility remains open to help affected businesses access the liquidity they need and to return to financial resilience as the market stabilizes. In short, the government is responding to the impact of the unjust US tariffs with multiple tools. We will review our response as the negotiations progress. I'll be meeting with the premiers of the provinces and territories tomorrow to discuss this response and our broader coordination going forward. The next week, I will attend the Canada EU Summit as well as the NATO Summit, as part of Canada's new government's mission to strengthen and build security and economic partnerships with reliable partners. And this week in this House, the Parliament has the opportunity to pass the core of our domestic economic response, the One Canadian Economy Act, because together we as Canadians can give ourselves far more than the Americans can ever take away. Steel and aluminum workers are on the front line of this trade crisis. These are the workers who will help us build one strong Canadian economy, the strongest economy in the G seven. Hello, Les Hotel, a new le feron Merci boku and now the ministers and I will be happy to take your questions.
Speaker 3: Thank you, PREMI settlement, come on, Slavic Jesse.
Speaker 4: So we'll start with the first question.
Speaker 5: You do not release the Globe and Mail.
Speaker 6: Are you opposing anti dumping tariffs because the US asked you too as part of these negotiations over the thirty days.
Speaker 2: Short answer, No, there was not a request from the United States, but it's a consequence of the US actions. As you know, the US tariffs on steel and aluminum are global tariffs. They're not targeted specifically at Canada, but they of course affect our steel industries and our workers. And one of the consequences of that effect or perspective consequences, is that steel from other countries, from third countries, start to come into Canada if we don't protect our industries. So we're setting these quotas it's a long word tariff tariff right quotas, but a quota for the amount of steel that can come in from third countries to limit that amount, to stabilize the market. And to be clear, we will be reviewing the level of those teriffrey quotas as this progresses. It depends on what the United States does, first and foremost with Canada, whether we come to an agreement the next thirty days, but also what they do with the rest of the world. No says set bas SINEPA and American see pulled London STI meet lap A, roons a Lamppact, Global American Pasquilla in lu Marche de la Sierl Aluminium destabilize let ted Heath globel is american ilia iloja dem be negative VC of Canada protege no, no marche no no, let's see.
Speaker 6: And will the government be considered rolling out any additional support for the industry beyond the emergency loans that you mentioned, For example, would the government ever consider investing directly in a steel producer.
Speaker 2: Well, it's an important question, and I'll say this following first is that we're united in working on all forms of support for the industry, short term tariff measures. We're announcing today liquidity as necessary but also unnecessary, a restructuring of demand and the industry that will happen almost irrespective of what happens between Canada and the United States because of the global impact of the new US trade policy. So that starts with buying Canadian steel and aluminum for federal projects, working with the provinces to do the same, making sure that the enormous infrastructure bill that's about to happen in this country be if we get the One Canadian Economy Bill through parliament, the impact of these nation building projects, making sure that those are taking advantage of our industries. Same with autos, same with the new defense spending that will be considerable over the years, and what we're working together is on those policies to encourage the consumption of Canadian steel and aluminum, but also we will be looking at how to finance the bridge of a industry two industries that have been very very oriented north south, not exclusively, but very oriented north south, to be oriented towards Canada first and then globally with reliable partners. Thank you, thanks, question great with Global News.
Speaker 4: Are you willing to sign the security and economic agreement that you've been negotiating with mister Trump if any of the Trump's tariffs are still in place after that Deally signed.
Speaker 2: Well, we're willing to sign a security in economic or commercial agreement with the United States that's in Canada's best interests and only that. So that's the negotiation that there is still some room to travel, so to speak, before we get to that point, but we have a deadline in order to achieve that, and if it's in Canada's interests, we'll sign it. If it's not, we won't.
Speaker 4: So you're willing to sign a deal with Americans and still have some of the terriffs that Donald Trump is signed.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's a negotiation right now. I was anticipating the offrancis sorry, but yeah, it's it's a negotiation.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: We start from a position where which is clear in terms of the tremendous contribution of Canadian workers Canadian companies first and foremost to jobs and livelihoods here in Canada, but to the competitiveness of the American for example, specifically in the auto sector where steel is so and aluminum is so tightly tied, and our auto companies are so tightly tight. We are part of the core that makes American automakers competitive. It is in the US interests as well. They have to fully see that. Thank you. I'm gonna say, uh, that's the moment all uh sant negotia set mierepol American. That that and liba uh set laid me overa meet new news news Allan Slon you know called don today.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Question, how often are.
Speaker 9: You communicating with President Trump and to mister LeBlanc, what are your tasks during this next sturdy day negotiating here?
Speaker 2: Okay? So all answer no, no, oh no, I think I would like to hear from the Minister LeBlanc. I the President I communicate, I would say relatively frequently on on a range of issues from our perspective. Obviously this is a top of mine, but miserl LeBlanc true, So thank you, Prime Minister.
Speaker 10: I'm having ongoing conversations with Secretary Latnik, Ambassador Hillman and I met following the Prime Minister in the President's meeting in Kanadascas with Ambassador Greer and officials who are with the President in Kanadascas. We've agreed to have another meeting tomorrow, so I'm following up. As the Prime Minister said, conscious of the deadline that he and President Trump fixed. The fact that there's now a deadline set by the two leaders, I think has focused the conversation. So I'm optimistic over the next three and a half weeks that we can make some progress and I'll be reporting to the Prime Minister as that progress unfolded.
Speaker 11: Thank you and for the Prime Minister.
Speaker 9: What are Canada's goals during these thirty day talks.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the high level is the best goal, the best result for Canadian workers and businesses first thing. Secondly, for that to be the case, we need to stabilize the trading relationship with the United States. We need to have ready access to US markets for Canadian companies and for Canadian companies, and not have our hands tied in terms of our dealing with the rest of the world. Because I'll go back to something I said at the start and heard in every single interaction in Canadascus. The world wants to work with Canada. The world wants to work with Canada. Minister Jolie was just in the aerospace with the aerospace industry in France a few days ago. Minister Champagne elsewhere like people want to work with Canada. We have major delegation visiting here and so access to the US for our mutual benefit, but very much an ability to trade with the rest of the world, which we intend to take advantage of regardless of the outcome of the discussions with US.
Speaker 9: Next question, I guess your new Prime Minister David Baxter. With the Canadian press so earlier you were talking about the importance of getting C five passed. Last time we were hearing that the way this bill is being handled is laying the table out for a potential idle no more two point zero. Are you prepared for a potential summer of protests and how do you properly address the concerns raise by a host of indigenous organizations at this point.
Speaker 2: I mean, the first thing is that at the heart of this legislation is Section thirty five of our Constitution. At the heart is not just respect for, but full embrace of free, prior and informed consent. It has to be seen as well in parallel with very major measures that this government is taking to not just support that those partnerships, but also to finance equity ownership in these nation building projects for indigenous people's, indigenous groups, indigenous right hols. That's the first point. The second is that this legislation is enabling legislation. It creates the possibility of these projects. Now there's lots of suggestions of what the actual projects could be, but it creates the possibility, but a very clear process which has at its heart consultation, full consultations with indigenous peoples to define what is a nation building project. And then if something is one of those projects, then what are the conditions in order for that project to move forward, including participation obviously, I would think in almost every case environmental, other conditions, and then only if those conditions are met with the project moveward. So consultation, cooperation, engagement. Participation is at the heart of C five and that is how you build a nation, and that's very much how we've designed it, how we believe it, and that's how we'll be moving forward.
Speaker 10: Yeah, just on.
Speaker 9: India, what's changed in the last eight or nine months or so, Bri Canada is ready to have Indian diplomats back in the country, including a high commissioner. And did a hearty thing the jar come up at all in your conversation with mister Modi.
Speaker 2: The Well, let me let me go back to a very basic level, because this is a basic, almost foundational, necessary first step for the relationship, which is to exchange high commissioners and re begin effectively diplomatic service, a consular service we have. I mean, there are very deep ongoing ties of people to people, not just certainly of Indo Canadians, but of Canadians the whole. With India. We don't have a high commissioner in India right now. We're not serving Canadians in India right now because of where we are. I mean, the same the reciprocal would would hold for the Indian government. So just having a basic level of engagement is in many respects a duty of the government. I'm glad that we we came to that agreement understanding. That agreement understanding also is based on several things, uh, the law enforcement operation which clears saying, understanding of issues of transnational repression, which we're discussed not just at the G seven but also in the in the discussions of the Prime Minister and I had look, I'd never make it a policy to give a line by line transcript readout of exactly what said in the media. And I'm not about to start now.
Speaker 11: Next question, Prime Minister, afternoon, very quickly with Market News. I have a document showing some of the fiscal plans for this.
Speaker 2: Year for that looks like it's written on a napkin. Greg, I don't know whose nappin is.
Speaker 11: It said there's a contingency boring authority.
Speaker 2: Is that the oppositions it's it's finances.
Speaker 11: It says there's a contingency or an option of Board ninety five.
Speaker 1: What kind of.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Greg, I'm sorry, I expect executive Okay, okay, start again. You have a document, I'm sorry, I sorry, treated with it.
Speaker 11: On Winns fiscal plans for this year and it mentions an option to borrow up to ninety five billion dollars. Excuse me to cover geopolitical risk. You know, we're in the middle of some delicate trade talks with the US. I just wondered, in these circumstances, why do we need to set aside that amount of money to get through this?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: As all in all seriousness, obviously by my response to your document, I haven't seen what you're talking about. So you're asking me to comment on something I haven't seen full stop, Then I'm going to tell you something you already know, which is that any responsible government makes contingency plants. The world is in a trade war. The world's in a trade war that is running a risk of a global recession. And if I would note, and you don't need to take it from me, I'll quote the chair of the Federal Reserve this week who highlighted the risks of stagflation, in other words, inflation in their judgment Federal Reserves, what do they know but what this is what they think that inflation's going up, then growth is going to slow in the United States. The world's in the middle of a trade war and several wars, actual wars, including wars that can have quite significant implication for commodity prices, global growth, aside from the human costs that comes with them. Any responsible government, any responsible organization, makes contingency plans for those circumstances.
Speaker 11: I'd like to turn to talk of making Canada and energy superpower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Daniel Smith has said, you.
Speaker 11: Know, there could be a referendum next year and the legislation around that is one hundred and seventy thousand people can put that on the ballot.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 11: Brian Molrooney once perhaps referred to rolling the dice with the future of Canada. Is it appropriate for that few people to put the state, the fate of a G seven nation in the balance.
Speaker 2: Well, I see what you're trying to do. And look the Province of Alberta. Provinces make determinations on the rules governing referenda, voter plebiscites, other factors, and they can make determination of how they come in the forest, determinations on broader issues a referenda a federal level and including supported by a Supreme Court decisions as governed by the Clarity I will refer to the Clarity Act. But look what we're interested in, what Cannas new Government's interested in, what Parliament. I think most parliamentarians are interested in. Is building this country, not breaking it apart. It's working together, working with indigenous peoples, working with provinces, working with labor, working with business. We have many you know, we have this threat, this realizing from the US that regardless of what outcome we get, I mean, it matters what agreement we get. But it's changing the world of trade. It is changing the outlook for the global economy in not just immediate but the medium term. We have to take more responsibility ourselves to move forward, which is what we're doing with the One Canadian Economy Act and what's underneath it, which very much includes and I'll finish on this, very much includes cooperation with the Province of Alberta, the promises sketch when promise of British come, all the promises and territories indigenous people for these nation building projects. And we're having constructions, i would say, very constructive discussions with Premier Smith and stakeholders in Alberta specifically, and we intend to convert those to actual actual projects, investment, jobs and a brighter future for the country.
Speaker 12: We'll have time for one last question. Nayak Gusim I, Minister Mike Loocutur with CTV News the whole Commission in Alassa supports is that India is one of the main perpetrators of foreign interference and espionage in Canada. I know you don't want to give a line by line conversation about what you had with Prime Minister Modi, but given how this does affect.
Speaker 2: Canadians very personally, what.
Speaker 12: Did you say to Prime Minister Motive about it and did you tell him to stop it?
Speaker 2: We've made our position very clear, including recently that UH we will not UH tolerate transnational repression UH in Canada from any source, any any source, geographic or UH institutional UH New UH New Montclair, UH could Devois the l UH Canada nip NIMPT institution.
Speaker 12: We're asking about the conflict in the the least and whether or not you support the US directly striking Iran in the goal of diminishing their nuclear capacity.
Speaker 2: Insaye. The following, which is that UH, the prospect in any sense of that word, of Iran having a nuclear weapon is fundamentally destabilizing to peace in the Middle East and broader peace and stability in the world. The we support at first point. Secondly, we absolutely support and stand by Israel and in its right to defend itself and protect protect itself. We join others in looking for a resolution of this crisis that ensures that there is not a nuclear weapon or nuclear capacity in Iran, that ensures the safety and stability of all countries Israel included in the region, and that leads to broader peace in UH or prospect of broader peace in the Middle East. And I'll draw attention to the G seven statement agreed biology seven leaders that the resolution of this crisis should be accompanied by a cease fire in Gaza. Thank you very much. This puts an.
Speaker 5: Change the angle a little bit. All right, good afternoon, it's early, it's only is all right, Just a couple of programming notes UH Today at three p m. In the ECOSOC Chamber, the U N Peace Building Commission will hold its annual session under Secretary General for Political and Peace Building Affairs where it was married to Carlo. We'll brief on behalf of the Secretary General and if you happen to be in the delegates area, peace building exhibit is being displayed along the curved wall in the its area. The exhibit will be up till the twenty seventh Tomorrow at ten point fifteen am, they will be a press conference here by Virginia Gamba, the Secretary General, Special Representative on Children Armed Conflict, on the Annual Report of Children and Armed Conflict in the Security Council. This morning, the Secretary General delivered remarks on the Council's meeting on Poverty, under Development and Conflict. That sustainable peace requires sustainable development. The flames of conflict are all too often lit and fed by persistent poverty and growing inequalities, he said, adding that it's no coincidence that nine of the ten countries with the lowest Human Development Index are currently in a state of conflict. Mister Gutera said that forty percent of the seven hundred million people living in extreme poverty live in conflict affected or fragile settings, and that the situation is only getting worse. Years after the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals, he said, two thirds of the targets are lagging and the world is falling short by over four trillion United States dollars annually in the resources developing countries need to deliver on the promises of the twenty thirty agenda. The Secretary General said that the Fourth Conference on Financing for Development, starting next week, will be an important moment for the world to fix and strengthen this essential engine and Kanye Wignaradja, Assistant Secretary General for in the in UNDP, also brief Council members. She noted that climate change has been a crisis multiplier, forcing people to flee their homes around the world, from Nigeria to mianmar and beyond. Focusing now on the situation in Gaza, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs says that widespread bombardment, shelling and shooting continues, resulting in reports of scores of fatalities even more injuries, including among those seeking aid, and we're seeing that today. Yesterday a team from the Medical Complex sorry, a UN team visited the Noser Medical Complex in han Junis, which, as you know and we've been telling you, is struggling to stay operational under relentless pressure and severe shortages of just about every item. Our collegues from WHO and OCHA were there following the arrival of hundreds of casualties, including many who were reportedly attack while waiting for food. Who's Director General doctor Tedro said the hospital was hosting twice as many patients as it can handle. Doctor Tedros aided that the hospital cannot expand its capacity because it lacks ventilators, it lacks monitors, it lacks beds as well as staff to oate to operate all of the hospital. Yesterday, who was able to deliver minimum amount of fuel to the hospital to power up its backup generators. OCHA reminds us that no fuel has entered the Gaza strip for one hundred and ten days. Yesterday we mentioned an attempt by our colleagues on the ground to retrieve fuel from the Altachhiriar station in Rafa. We can now confirm that the operation was indeed successful. About two hundred and eighty thousand leaders of fuel were retrieved and transferred to a more accessible location in the darrel Bala area. Ocha also tells us that while this buys a bit of time, it is far from enough to keep life saving operations going. Fuel purchased outside must be allowed to enter Gaza. Unless this happens very soon, hospitals, ambulances, worded desalination plants, phone networks and other critical services will grind to a halt. Meanwhile, OCHA also tells us that efforts to repair a fiber optic cable that was damaged are being hindered, causing a major telecomunity kitchens outage for the third day in a row today. Israeli authorities initially approved, but then impeded the movement of a team that was set to identify where this fiber optic line had been cut. As you'll recall, this cut is impacting central and southern Gaza, and until the issue is resolved, people are cut off from life saving information about where to find help. Our own humanitarian teams are unable to properly coordinate and move about safely in Gaza, which is you know, is a rather dangerous area. Meanwhile, you will recall that no shelter materials have entered Gaza since March firth first, before the Israeli authorities imposed a full blockade on aid and any other supplies for nearly eighty days. While some commodities have subsequently been allowed in small quantities, tense timber, tarpaulins and any other shelter islands remain prohibited. Almost everyone in Gaza has been displaced multiple times during this war, and shelter conditions are quickly deteriorating even further. Makeshift accommodations are concentrated and bombed out schools, public lots, and urban rubble, often far exceeding the site capacity and obviously without any basic infrastructure. We along with our partners, have some nine eighty thousand shelter items, including fifty thousand tents, ready for prioritization and dispatch as soon as access is granted. And turning to Haiti or h excuse me, our humanitarian country team in the country is sounding the alarm on the need for enhanced preparedness ahead of the Atlantic hurricane season. Amidst severe funding shortfalls, Contingency stocks are at their lowest level ever, despite forecast indicating an above average season. Haiti begins this hurricane season with no prepositioned food supplies and no available funding to launch a rapid response. This comes as five point seven million people in the country face severe food and security and more than two hundred and thirty thousand displaced human beings are living in makeshift shelters and those are as we've been telling you highly exposed to extreme whether. Our colleagues also remind us that the Haiti is one of the only five countries worldwide with people in famine like conditions. With support from national and international partners, our humanitarian partners have prepositioned some limited stocks of hygiene kits, tarpaulins, trauma supplies and nutrition support, and plan to deliver anticipatory cash transfers to vulnerable households. However, additional funding for relief efforts are urgently needed. Haiti's humanitarian response plan remains only eight percent funded, which just seventy five million dollars received of the nine hundred and eight million dollars required for this year. Meanwhile, OACHA has been leading missions with UN Agent Seas and other partners to see how aid operations can be resumed in areas of high need following the May twenty sixth suspension of operations due to insecurity. Missions have been carried out in a number of areas in the metropolitan Port of Prince A zone, with further deployments planned along the National First National Road, which connects the capital to the north of the country. These efforts aim to secure safety guarantees and enable the safe resumption of humanitarian operations in those zones. Turning to the situation in South Sudan, which is not any better. I can tell you that we are deeply concerned about an increase in acute malnutrition in cholera cases in the country. Our humanitarian colleagues are telling us that between the twenty fourth between July twenty twenty four and June of this year, the number of children under the age of five needing urgent treatment for acute malnutrition climb to ten percent. That is, from two point one million children to two point three million children suffering acute malnutrition. This is happening against the backdrop of the world's worst collar outbreak this year. Nearly seventy four thousand cases and at least three hundred and sixty two debts were reported across nine states as of June sixteenth. Despite access constraints, we and our humanitarian partners have scaled up the response and as of today, approximately six point nine million doses of oral color of vaccines have been administered. The twenty twenty five Humanitarian Needs and Response Plan for South Sudan is only twenty percent funded, with three hundred and thirty eight United States dollars in the bank out of one point seven billion dollars needed. This dire situation is yet another stark reminder that we need funding urgently to expand food assistant expand nutrition, and expand health services to those who needed the most. And speaking of humanitarian work, just a quick update for you on the Humanitarian Reset, which is you'll recall our good friend Tom Fletcher, the head of the Humanitarian Affairs Department, spoke to you about from this room about three months ago. Following a meeting this week of the Interagency Standing Committee, which brings together major UN humanitarian partners and international NGOs, mister Fletcher said that we are in a doom loop with a transactional, inward looking and less generous era, making a tough time to be a humanitarian. Meanwhile, political polarization, the climate crisis and conflictor on the rise, all driving humanitarian needs even higher. He stressed that the Humanitarian Reset, a bold global agenda to regroup and reform the aid system, is in its next phase, which includes the hyper prioritization of our appeals to support humanitarian work, which I think Fahan told you about a few days ago. This we will save many lives, as many lives as we can, he said, with the resources we have, stressing that we need just one percent of what the world spent on defense last year to reach millions of people in direct need around the work more information on the interweb. Tomorrow is World Refugee Day. And noting how too many individuals flee in conflict or persecution feel compelled to embark on dangerous journeys in many parts of the world, we are joining the UN Refugee Agency and the International Organization for Migration and remembering that a one shipwreck that took place just two years ago stands as stark memorial and illustration of the human cost of inaction on issues regarding refugees and migrants. Just about two years ago, one of the deadliest shipwrecks in the Mediterranean recent memory claimed the lives of some six hundred and fifty refugees and migrants when a fishing trawler capsized off the coast of Pilos in Greece. Till this day, hundreds of people remain missing and their families are still awaiting answers. UNHCR and IOM stress that this tragedy and the profound pain it left behind must not be forgotten. The UN agencies point out that while arrivals in Europe have declined since twenty twenty four, the numbers of lives lost at sea remain high. At least three five hundred people were reported dead or missing on maritime routes to Spain, Italy, Malta, Greece and Cyprus last year. The real toll is likely to be much higher. When a flag of report from our friends at the UN Trade and Development otherwise known as UNGKTAD, they released a report showing off showing that global foreign direct investment fell by eleven percent, marking the second consecutive year of decline and confirming a deepening slowdown in productive capital flows. The World Investment Report twenty twenty five comes ahead of the fourth International Conference on Financing for Development in Sevilla, where global leaders will address the widening gap between capital flows and development needs. UN Trade and Development notes that the findings underscore the urgency of reshaping investment and finance systems to support inclusive and sustainable development. More on the web if you're interested. Today is the International Day of Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict. In his message, the Secretary General said sexual violence is a grotesque tactic of war, used to brutalize, use to torture, and use to repress and its scarring bodies, its scarring minds, and entire communities. The focus this year is the deep and lasting intergenerational wounds of conflict related sexual violence. To break the cycle, the Secretary General said, we must confront the horrors of the past, support the survivors of today, and protect future generations from the same fate. There was an event this morning to mark the day, co organized by her colleagues and the Office a Special Representative of Sexual Violence and Conflict and the Special Representative of Children in Armed Conflict, and also on a flag that our colleagues at the UN Development Coordination Office tells us that today run Atahav Jordan took up her new assignment as the UN Resident Coordinator in Tunisia with the host government's approval. She brings over twenty years of experience working for UN agencies, funds and programs, and UN peacekeeping and special political missions. Before that, she served as Team leader and Senior Peace and Development Advisor for the UN in Kenya. And we congratulate her and just sorry I should mention this with a note on refugees, but in honor of World Refugee Day, UNHCR is hosting a showcase of refugee made products in the General Assembly Lobby to spotlight the contributions of refugees make when they are included and given opportunity. Self reliance HDRS Made fifty one initiative connects refugees to the global marketplace, enabling them to earn income, preserve cultural heritage, share their skills around the world. They're also giving out a limited number of bracelets handmade by refugees women in South Sudan and Kenya. I've got one, but you can go buy stuff. My birthday's coming up and it's never too late to start Christmas shopping. Speaking of Christmas shopping, Eadie.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Steph. Does the Secretary General have any comment on tomorrow's meeting in Geneva between the Foreign ministers of the UK, France and Germany and Irand's Foreign minister And will the UN be monitoring or by participating.
Speaker 5: We will not be participated, will obviously be following it. I mean, as we said yesterday for the Secretary General for US, it remains clear that diplomacy is the only and best way forward. Let's see what comes out of this meeting. But the fact that there is a dialogue between Iran and those three European Union countries is positive in itself, but obviously we'll have to see what the outcome is Desji.
Speaker 14: The follow up yesterday, Obviously, multiple reports suggest that the US President Trump has already greenlighted the plan to strike Iran, but has not yet made the final decision. In such a circumstances, who has the secret General been contacted with and is there like a possibility that he could talk to the US interlocutors with him?
Speaker 5: What We've been in touch with the US mission here for the last few days and passed on the message privately that we have said publicly. I think, as we were very clear yesterday, we worry about any additional internationalization of the conflict.
Speaker 14: Did they listen? Did they listen?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: I think we will leave it to journalists to analyze the situation.
Speaker 14: Okay, a total different topic about the UN eighty initiative. We know that last week happened to be the those entities that are submitting their plans. So is cutting staffs I mean twenty percent inevitable?
Speaker 15: Have you?
Speaker 1: I mean it is?
Speaker 5: This process is ongoing. It is across the board in the Secretariat and including in the Secretary Journal's own office. I think his own office is not exempt from it. I spoke to Guy Ryder yesterday and we hope to have him and other senior colleagues come and brief you in.
Speaker 14: Person in the spokesperson's office. Also included, I think.
Speaker 2: That you know there is no it is the.
Speaker 5: The need to reduce is across the board, and no office is exempt. Okay, abdel Hahmid.
Speaker 1: I thank you.
Speaker 16: Another twenty two Palestinians were killed while waiting for food, and again I didn't hear that number coming in the briefing. I will keep asking about number Palestinians are not only just scores or number Palestinians were killed.
Speaker 5: And I'm not debating that with you. I mean we In the note that I just read, talked about the fact that people continue to be wounded and continue to be killed while they're while doing what is the most basic human trying to get food, trying to get the most basic supplies. No, no human being should be killed trying to feed themselves or trying to feed their family.
Speaker 16: In Israel, the US Ambassador in Israel, Mike Okabe, he suggested to President Trump to bomb to bomb Iran with a nuclear bomb. Any comment.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen those particular comments, but I have seen a lot of unhelpful rhetoric around this conflict, including around use of nuclear weapons. I think the Secretary General has spoken out a lot in the last year about about the the the issue of dangerous rhetoric around around nuclear uh nuclear weapons uh as. We were very clear yesterday we do not want to see if further internationalization of this conflict. We want the military action to stop and we want to return to diplomacy.
Speaker 16: But does the secretarg see there is a rise of fascism and in the world of today.
Speaker 5: I think the Secretary General has spoken about the rise of extremism and xenophobia for quite some time, in fact, since the beginning of his tenure. Stephan or the mister Bass and then will go that way, thank you.
Speaker 7: What does the Secretary General respect from Berlin for their conference tomorrow on Libya? There is a conference tomorrow Libya.
Speaker 5: I think anything that would advance the cohesiveness of the Libyan political leadership and help move the political process forward would be welcome.
Speaker 2: Mister Bass.
Speaker 17: I've seen people fleeing Tehran. We've had lots of reports of people who are thinking of leaving Tehran. What is the UN monitoring population flows in and out of Iran? Are you seeing large numbers of people?
Speaker 8: And what are you.
Speaker 17: Preparing I mean particularly I mean of the country of the of the neighboring countries. I mean, the UN has a large footprint in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq. Are you making preparations?
Speaker 5: I mean, there are contingency plans being updated all the time. We're obviously concerned beyond the military action we're seeing on the regional impact that this conflict would have, it could, could can have, and including our mass movements of people into countries that some of them are better equipped than others in terms of receiving mass a large number.
Speaker 17: And do you have any figures of people?
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 17: For example, afghan Is returned to Afghanists.
Speaker 2: I don't. We can try to get some of those, okay.
Speaker 17: And one final one from me, what's up with the escalators?
Speaker 5: Well, I was hoping you would.
Speaker 2: We were waiting for you with your toolkit.
Speaker 5: We've been waiting for you to start repairing them, James.
Speaker 17: Honestly, I mean they're old escalators. They're an iconic part of this building. But you should have that they go wrong a lot. You should have all the spare parts ready. What are you waiting for?
Speaker 14: Just a quick follow up?
Speaker 5: I will not entertain a follow up on an escalator question. I'll come back to you, Vladima. Please take me some.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everyone, or good afternoon everyone. Thank you for joining us at this press conference with the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory including East Jerusalem and Israel. The Commission released its latest report on ten October, excuse me on ten June, and they presented the findings of that report to the Human Rights Council here in Geneva yesterday. Now they're ready to answer your questions about that report and the situation and the occupied territories. Will start today with an opening statement by the chair, Miss Navi Pile, followed by fellow Commissioner Chris's side ote, and then we'll open the floor to your questions.
Speaker 8: Thank you, good afternoon, and thank you everyone for being present here. It's always a pleasure to meet with the press, and that's when people at home know what I'm doing here. Otherwise they say you so oh, shouldn't you stop working? Where are you're going this time, So thank you for educating the world because of the importance of this commission. So as Stodd said, we delivered our report yesterday at the Human Rights Council, and there I said that this is the most ruthless, prolonged and widespread attack against the Palestinian people since nineteen forty eight. The goal of the Israeli government is abundantly clear as we continue witnessing the destruction of Gaza on our television screens and our newspapers in real time. As we said yesterday, an immediate ceasefire is the utmost priority and should pave the way for peace, justice and accountability for all victims. In our June twenty twenty four report to the Human Rights Council, exactly one year ago, we presented a comprehensive report and two conference room papers documenting some of the most egregious crimes and atrocities committed by Israeli authorities and Palestinian armed groups on and since seventh October twenty twenty three, including killing, may maining, siege and starvation, forcible transfer, sexual and gender based violence, and attacks directed against civilian populations. To date, we are the only investigative view and body to have published findings on the crimes committed on seventh October twenty three. Our report to the Human Rights Council, which we presented yesterday, as I mentioned, examines attacks on educational facilities, religious and cultural cultural sites from seventh October twenty twenty three to January twenty twenty five. Our report concludes that Israel essentially obliterated the education system in Gaza. More than ninety percent of schools and university buildings in Gaza have been destroyed, whid or damaged, creating conditions where education for children has been made impossible. These attacks were part of a widespread and relentless assault against the Palestinian people in which Israeli forces have committed war crimes, including directing attacks against civilians and wilful killing, and the crime against humanity of extermination. Our report also concludes that Israeli forces have damaged more than half of all religious and cultural sites in the Gaza Strip. Israel also targeted, harmed and appropriated Palestinian religious and cultural sites in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem. Israeli attacks in Gaza targeted religious sites that served as places of refuge, killing hundreds of people, including women and children. We emphasized that the damage to religious and cultural sites deeply affects intangible cultural elements such as religious and cultural practices, memories and history, undermining the identity of Palestinians as a people. We are grateful for the support expressed by multiple member states during the Council session, and we intend to continue pursuing the fulfillment of our mandate, including in relation to making recommendations, in particular on accountability measures with a view to avoiding and ending impunity and ensuring legal accountability, including individual, criminal and command responsibility. So with those brief remarks, christ and I are ready to expand further from with your questions.
Speaker 18: Thanks Todd. The report that our Commission presented to the Human Rights Council yesterday is the sixth report that we have produced in the last twelve months, reports that focused broadly within our mandate, but in particular on the events that occurred on and after the seventh of October twenty twenty three. In all of those reports, including the one presented yesterday, we have emphasized the question of accountability, and our Chair, in her comments to the Human Rights Council yesterday, again emphasized the importance of accountability. In my comments to start this press conference, I would like to look at what accountability means in the context of the work that we have done and the present situation, particularly in Gaza. Accountability certainly has collective elements, and that is that those in leadership positions, command positions bear responsibility for what those under their command do. But accountability also has individual elements, and I think it only fair that we emphasize to those individuals involved the nature of the responsibility that they bear and the accountability that may face them in the future. In relation to the events in Southern Israel on seven eight October twenty twenty three, our report last June found that there were war crimes committed on a widespread scale affecting Israeli and other residents of that area and those involved in the Day Ants party. Those war crimes were committed by individuals, and we had no doubt that the individuals in the militant Palestinian organizations are and we cited Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Ji Had amongst others, were and are individually accountable for what they did. The Israeli authorities now hold thousands of people from Gaza. We can only say thousands, because really we have no idea how many are actually being hurled. It may be that there are amongst those thousands persons who are involved in the commission of war crimes on the seventh and eighth of October. The responsibility of the Israeli authorities is to conduct proper investigations and ensure fair trials for those who may be accused of war crimes and for whom there is sufficient evidence. Fair trial means trial in civilian courts according to international standards of justice, in which those who are accused are entitled to legal representation and all evidence is available for examination, for challenge, and for determination by a duly constituted court. To date, so far as we are aware, there have been no proper trials conducted in relation to any of those held by the Israeli authorities. In relation to the events of seven eight October twenty twenty three, there is a need for accountability in that area. War crimes were committed and those responsible must be held accountable. Indeed, even before seven October twenty twenty three, our reports indicate that the indiscriminate firing of rockets from Gaza into civilian areas populated areas constituted a war crime, and those therefore responsible for the firing of those rockets should be held accountable for a war crime. And we said in our reports last June that the kidnapping and a holding of Israeli civilians as hostages and even Israeli soldiers as hostages constitutes a war crime, and those not only responsible for the kidnapping, but for the continuing holding and mistreatment of hostages should be held accountable. Our reports examined what has occurred in Gaza since seven October twenty twenty three, and the question of accountability again arises. We have found war crimes and crimes against humanity committed consistently throughout the Gaza Strip since the Israeli offensive began shortly after seven October. We have identified in our reports a number of specific incidents, and in relation to those incidents, we have identified in many cases the military units that were involved. Our report presented yesterday, for example, identify as the Javati Brigade, the eight one seven zero Combat Engineering Battalion of the two hundred and fifty second Division, the seven hundred and tenth Combat Engineering Battalion, the eight one to three zero Armored Battalion under the command of the ninety ninth Division, the one hundred and sixty second Division, the seven hundred and forty ninth Combat Engineering Battalion, the Rotem Battalion of the Javati Brigade, the two hundred and sixty first Reserve Brigade, and so on. We know many of the unit and it's responsible for the commission of war crimes, and therefore we know who those Israeli soldiers were individually responsible in many cases for the commission of war crimes. The situation in Gaza, however, is much broader than the commission of individual war crimes. In our report in June last year, we concluded the massive number of civilian casualties and the widespread destruction of civilian objects and crucial civilian infrastructure are the inevitable results of the Israeli strategy to use force during the hostilities undertaken with the intent to cause maximum damage, disregarding the principles of distinction, proportionality and precaution, and thus in violation of international humanitarian law and international human rights law. Since we formed and reported that conclusion a year ago, the situation in Gaza has only got worse, the mass killings have continued, the orphaning of children, the making of widows, the destruction of infrastructure, as reported by our Commission Healthy Infrastructure, educational infrastructure, housing and residential complexes. Our finding that the basic military strategy used by the Israelis since seven October twenty twenty three leads to the inevitable conclusion that all those who have played a role in any way in the implementation of this strategy are suspected of the Commission of war crimes and crimes against humanity. That means the air crew in the bombers that are dropping the bombs and the rockets, the crews of ships off the coast that are shelling parts of Gaza, destroying fishing boats and the livelihood of fishers, the Palestinian people who depend on the sea, the soldiers on the ground who are implementing the strategy of destruction of infrastructure and killing of people in their thousands, those who are far away from Gaza, who are piloting and controlling the drones that are inflicting slaughter on the Gazan people. Those who man the checkpoints to implement a strategy of starvation against the Palestinian people, of Gaza. All of these people and their commanders are suspects in the commission of war crimes and crimes against humanity individually, and it's only fair that they know that, and that they know that they can be held accountable. First and foremost, the Israeli authorities are responsible for ensuring accountability, but we know that they never do it. They announce inquiries whose results are never made public. There are no trials in almost all cases, and in the few cases where there are trials, the penalties are minimal and generally are not implemented. So we have to rely on international accountability under the principles of universal jurisdiction. That means the International Criminal Court, but it also means courts in individual states. This is a responsibility of third states, not just off the International Criminal Court. Our commissions mandate includes accountable ability, and we are already sharing the information that we have collected about units and about individuals with proper judicial processes that have sought assistance from us the International Criminal Court, we have said repeatedly, but also national courts exercising universal jurisdiction, and these requests are becoming more frequent. So it's only fair that all of those who are involved in any way in what has happened in Gaza since the seventh of October twenty twenty three are aware of the fact that they can be held accountable anywhere in the world.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for those remarks. Now we open the floor to questions. We'll start on the right there, go ahead.
Speaker 15: Thank you, bezed Adam as from Anadolu, I just want to thank you for this briefing first and want to ask, as Chris said, the accountability is needed and more crimes and crimes against humanity is committed constantly in Gaza. I wanted to ask what is lacking exactly about accountability part because we already have some ICC decisions, we already have some ICJ opinions, but we never seen.
Speaker 19: Israel taking a step back.
Speaker 8: So what we are lacking and what should be done in that?
Speaker 19: And you also said we know Israeli soldiers individually who committed those crimes, and I wanted to ask, will you take any of those facts and names to the international courts?
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 18: International accountability is slow, that's a sad truth, but it is under way. You've mentioned the proceedings in the International Criminal Court, and as is generally known. International Criminal Court has issued arrest warrants in relation to two Israeli leaders, the Prime Minister Netanyahoo and the former Defense Minister Gland. It may be that the International Criminal Court has issued other arrest warrants. We don't know, but it's slow so far as universal jurisdiction in national courts are concerned. It requires the presence of the individual within the jurisdiction, and so we will see accountability occurring. We will see further investigations and prosecutions when courts are able to actually have the person before them and commence prosecutions. I won't go into our operational details. That's not appropriate, but I can say that we have received requests for information that we have and we are cooperating with those requests in relation to properly established tribunals, courts and tribunals.
Speaker 20: Yes, thank yous aacle for the Spanish news agency FM.
Speaker 8: Firtly you have said that.
Speaker 20: One of the things that is most needed is international accountability. What is your sentiment in the context of the sanctions imposed by the US two members of I see see how this accountability is threatened or challenged by this by positions like this, and secondly, what is the what from your point of view, is the way out of this conflict in the context of the continuous support by various and most of Western countries, even if this support is less strong than a few months ago, but is still there.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let me.
Speaker 8: Address your first question and say, this is why we emphasize in our report yesterday, and I address the members of the Human Rights Counsel all member states emphasizing that they have a positive obligation to implement international law and in this case for accountability to themselves exercise universal declaration. Now, they may have many reasons why they haven't done so, but the reason would not be that they haven't seen any evidence. At least we're doing that work and we will furnish evidence to whoever requests it. We've already done so, as Chris has said, and we have agreements, and we've been furnishing material to both the ICC and the ICJ that's public, but as I said, we will disclose it. Some of the material may be protected. So that's the use of having anation you and investigating mechanism gathering evidence, and I know that that was done in Cambojia for instance, where the people there waited more than twenty years to see the tribunal come up, but it did come up because the evidence was there and preserve the demand for accountability, the thirst for justice in order to rebuild that nation was eventually fulfilled. It I agree twenty years is a long time to wait, but these are the everyday questions we are getting from our research and investigations of victims on the ground, mainly the Palestinians. And this is why I conveyed to the Human Rights Council yesterday that they established us and after all we are in the position of messages, messengers taking the demands of ordinary people and victims back to the Human Rights Council to say there's a demand for justice and accountability. What the mechanism they set up here jointly is pretty good. That's the one aspect, and sorry, the second part of the question related to.
Speaker 20: But still on this first first one is what does it implies the conduct or behaviors of countries sanctioning members of an international uridictional body. This is one if to complete your answer, please.
Speaker 8: We were surprised and shocked too that sanctions have been imposed, for instance, against members of the Judiciary ICC who had given the judicial decision on indictments against those who violated international law in respect of Palestine, and I know that there was a huge reaction to that, condemning the sanctions because it goes totally against the basic principle of international law of justice and accountability and cooperation by all states. Every state has an obligation not only to prevent genocide, for instance, but to act to protect civilians in these crises. So it is a very shocking aspect of where non compliance with international law is getting and I feel this is why it's very very important that we sustain the investigation and make the information known to everybody. So individual states may or may not have condemned the sanctions and other actions, we ourselves are very alarmed about what will happened to us. We have to go into the United States, where the UN's headquarters are, and whether we will counter problems and opposition. But nevertheless, you can see that we have now planned our work, so we are dealing with in stages, a very focused look at the outcomes of attacks, what kind of attacks, who's doing the attacks, what's the short term and long term impact. And that is because like any judicial body. We don't begin with the label and say all right, we're going to say genocide took place. I'm addressing this because so many people on the street of Austesis, what they see on their television screens every day is a conflict in real time to which they are all witnesses. So they're really surprised why this commission has not gone further. We follow the evidence, and one of the ways in which way following the evidence is to be focused. And this is why you have a full investigatory report on the attacks on religious institutions, cultural institutions, and the last report was on hospitals, you may know. So we're gathering all this as we look at the facts. This is now something that could be just dismissed as collateral damage. You know that women were killed, Yes, the temple there, schools were destroyed. What we are, what we've tracked in this report is evidence of intentional, deliberate attacks on these institutions. Thank you.
Speaker 17: Was on what.
Speaker 20: What is the way out you see from this conflict? Given the continuous support of Western countries to Israel. Even if this is the support, this is less strong now than a few months ago.
Speaker 8: Well, we have made the calls very clear for a ceasefire and for compliance with international law, and we have laid a responsibility on every member state to do that. Beyond that, it's very difficult. I'm not equipped to decide what we should do with them. With those who are imposing sanctions against human rights activists, reporters, journalists and including us, our job, as we see it is to remind them of their international obligations, and we constantly look at not on the international law, but the decision of the International Court of Justice. An advisory opinion in response to a request from Member states very clearly sets out these obligations and clearly imposing sanctions against those who are drawing attention to violations and asking for compliance is not what the Court pointed out to They directed the institutions such as the Security Council and the General Assembly to take firm steps to end the unlawful occupation. Thank you, of course. Can I just add to that.
Speaker 18: The question of way out, it seems to me, is surrounded by a lot of anxiety and depression because the situation looks so hopeless. But the way out is clear and simple and well known.
Speaker 2: It is peace.
Speaker 18: It is mutual respect. It is justice and accountability and people's exercising their right to self determination to live in peace and security. It's not that we don't know the way out, it's just that there is no political commitment to get there.
Speaker 8: We do know what is not the way out.
Speaker 18: We know that wiping Hamas, even if it were possible, is not the way out. Killing another fifty thousand people in Gaza is not the way out. Firing rockets at Tel Aviv is not the way out. The way out is well known, and the attention the priority for all countries, including you've referred to Western countries. The priority has to be to do everything possible by placing pressure on all of the parties that are committed to violence to renounce violence and take the way out that has been so clear for so long.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at Depictions dot media for more information.