Speaker 1: Open the sports page with the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: The games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you.
Speaker 3: Jam the Bulldog Sports page is brought you by Coffin and lynd Entry Attorneys. Jeff Coffin will be here next hour for law and disorder. If you want to get questions over to him. Two two five two six, we'll get him in front of Jeff Bulldog. I don't think there's any other way to start with some actual sounds. Well, what turned out to be a joyous event yesterday afternoon in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Will they bunt Alexander with the runner at second base Norton?
Speaker 3: He gets it down.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's perfect, casait, Mike.
Speaker 5: He's gonnaw.
Speaker 2: Serious championship Chinese type.
Speaker 5: In shock.
Speaker 2: It was fielded and flown to first base.
Speaker 4: Nobody was there and for the first time Florida our Little League World Series champions two to one is final, and we have.
Speaker 3: To give full props to you, Mike the Bulldog. Byonki, who before these guys played one single game in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, said they would win it all.
Speaker 5: I said they would become the first Florida team to ever win the Little League World Series.
Speaker 2: And yes it happened.
Speaker 5: The Lake Mary Cardiac comeback kids did it again yesterday.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: These last two games, the US Championship game on Saturday and then the game against Chinese Taipei yesterday. My god, you want to talk, that's like the most exciting, gripping baseball I think I've ever seen. It was.
Speaker 2: It was great to watch, it really was.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I mean comes down to their last at bat and you know, the last inning, they tie it up, and then it goes into extra innings and they.
Speaker 2: End up winning the game two to one on a bunt that the uh.
Speaker 5: They use the Major League Baseball rule in extra innings where they put the guy on second. Okay, starts out on second, so bunt's gonna move him over to third.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what overthrow first base?
Speaker 5: Actually there was nobody on first base for Chinese TYPEEI, so they overthrow the bunt throw and boom, he scores scores.
Speaker 3: I mentioned to Tako the irony that a fundamentally sound Chinese type A team undo they're undoing is a mistake in fielding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you what. That was a hell of a bunt though, Oh my goodness, that was a hell of a bunt that was down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I told Pat at the beginning, and I even said to you, dog, we're getting ready to go on. What a great way for Central Florida and all of Florida and the US to start a week, a work week on a Monday. You're like, oh, Monday, Who cares?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: It's awesome, the great feel good story at Lake Mary.
Speaker 3: And there will be a celebratory parade for them through downtown Lake Mary Saturday at ten am. More d I will be there in my glory. I might even take my shirt off. It is whoa it is lady weekend.
Speaker 1: No, dude, that would be so funny if all of a sudden, you know, ESPN's there and all the world new or whatever.
Speaker 2: Here's Pat shaking him around. No, it's all the way.
Speaker 5: What about what about the game on the game in the US Championship where they beat the Texas team and the kids stole home to Raj Alexander the big Man. The big man steals home while the picture wasn't looking him. Boom he gets in the home. That was a big play too past It was great to watch to wrap up.
Speaker 3: Here is the bulldog going to change his stance on this not being on TV?
Speaker 2: Although did you see that?
Speaker 5: Did you see the Taiwanese kids just crumpling and crying after they lost the game?
Speaker 2: But here, here was the here how do you like if that was not shown? Answer Pat's question?
Speaker 1: You've always been against you know, Little League World Series being on national television.
Speaker 2: How would you like if that game was not shown? I'm not saying that it wasn't entertaining the watch.
Speaker 5: I'm just questioning, you know, putting the pressure on the kids. But I'll tell you what was really refreshing after those Chinese kids are the Taiwanese kids lost the game. Did you see the Lake Mary kids go up consoling them, logging them. It was unbelievable, and the coaches and everybody was like, hey, this is cool. So anyway, yeah, it was a It was a great run for Lake Mary. Uh, Florida teams were o and nine as far as winning the overall Little League World Series and now Lake Mary has done it.
Speaker 2: Florida State not so good though.
Speaker 3: We would double wham not only a season opening loss, but a conference loss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, conference loss to Georgia Tech twenty four to twenty one, not exactly the way you wanted to, you know, start the season after the unbeaten regular season last year, Georgia Tech had not beat a Top ten opponent in fifteen straight games. But give Georgia Tech credit, man, they ran the ball at will against Florida State. I guess we should have maybe seen this coming. FSU lost ten players to the NFL Draft last year.
Speaker 2: You know that they filled their roster.
Speaker 5: With the transfer portal, but that doesn't always work, and it certainly doesn't always work immediately. FSU's offensive lines and defensive lines just weren't very good against Georgia Tech, so, you know, and they end up losing the game. I wonder now, I mean they I guess they could lose one more and still getting to the twelve team playoff. But if they lose another conference game, man, what do.
Speaker 2: You think they out? What do you think?
Speaker 1: Herbs Street was sitting there saying afterwards, probably laughing, huh.
Speaker 5: I.
Speaker 1: Oh did you write that? Because I just I thought of it yesterday. I woke up and I can't believe they really lost that with a field goal, and I go all Herb Street that Dick is just gonna be wallering in this well.
Speaker 5: On game day Saturday, they were booing herb Street every time he started, every time he talked, they were He was just drowned out by booze.
Speaker 3: Some really funny signs too, man, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of those signs didn't get in.
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah, I'm sure if you were a student paying attention to social media, you know the ones we're referring to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: By the way, speaking of upsets, what about Harrison Burton in the zero four hundred. The guy got fired already been fired from his ride for next season by the Wood Brothers, and he ends up winning the Rays, holding off the great Kyle Busch on the final lap of overdown to pick up his first career victory.
Speaker 2: That was did you guys see the end of that resk.
Speaker 3: Kyle was there the Harrison compasses and Kyle put him below the yellow line. He could have wrecked him, but boy.
Speaker 5: That's what Kyle Buych said. Besides just flat out wrecking him, there was nothing else I could do. He did take him down below the yellow line.
Speaker 3: How about the How about the other irony of the weekend, the Coke zero Sugar four hundred sponsored car from Daniel Suarez going up in flames.
Speaker 2: On Pitt Road. What the trunk caught on fire?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess oil or gas went from Hamlin's car and Pit Road and spread onto suarez car engulfed in flames.
Speaker 1: Chunk in the trunk. Man, You guys are forgetting about a certain desk. We might need to go to, oh, the F one desk. Yeah, we need to get over the F one desk. Water on Motorsports is F one. Summer break is over the completion of the Dutch Grand Prix.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: You know I said on Friday is gonna be neck and neck with Norris and Verse stapping, and Norris takes.
Speaker 3: The when no neck and neck he won by twenty two exactly. That's neck and neck in my F one. No thank you from the newly remodeled F one desk and Taco Bob will check in with you again on Friday. Well whenever, hey, uh what else?
Speaker 2: Golf?
Speaker 3: Well we had to golf and then Orlando City got their asses handed to them. Bulldog.
Speaker 5: Yeah three nil. They lose the Sporting cac but the Orlando Pride. Man, that's the soccer story in this city. They remain unbeaten. They went again over the weekend they beat Houston one nil. So the Pride twelve zero and five this year a top the standings in the NWSL.
Speaker 3: Uh what else Bradley the BMW right Taco Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, and Bradley won the Bmwdon Sanders has banned the sports columnist in Denver from asking questions.
Speaker 2: At his press conference.
Speaker 1: I mean, good lord, people are starting to really look even further down on him, like, come on.
Speaker 2: Coach, not ready for primetime. Dion Sanders the big time, by the way, with that golf, we have to we didn't even hit it last week.
Speaker 1: This is the the tournament before the big tournament before them, before the final one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly twenty five million dollars at stake in that final tournament, by the way.
Speaker 3: Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven FM ninety six nine, to the game and he comes in here to do the sports page each weekday morning during his show for us here on JR. I brought you by Coffin and Lend does it right.
Speaker 5: Listener under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning seven thirty FM ninety six nine in the game, you could catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform oh oh.
Speaker 1: On demand.
Speaker 2: To download the iHeartRadio app,