Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: This is what the move is elon musk. It doesn't matter what you say. It is all protected. You can say anything you want. That's the fight that's going to happen here. That's another one. What is misinformation? What is misinformation? How far do you go? The easy stuff is easy.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is that there will may be any talk radio if we're going to start getting rid of misinformation, because I've heard crap on this station and beyond for over thirty years, and I go, that's not right.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, coffee cranberry, Want bread with cream cheese? Ready to go toasted? Oh?
Speaker 4: I love your fork report this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right, very strong, very strong? All right. Uh. We got a big day today. Also a couple of announcements I want to make. First of all, Hello to one and all.
Speaker 4: Neil, good morning, Willy Wolf, good night, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Amy, Hi, Bill? Is that a D for Disneyland?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 2: Ah, you know, that's kind of neat, you know, I mean, that's fairly understated. It's only the D. It's in Uh, the font that Disney uses as opposed to this huge Mickey with a giant ears splashed across your chest.
Speaker 5: I do like understated Disney apparently.
Speaker 4: Like Neil oh, dare you?
Speaker 2: He does, but he has he has the steamboat Willy Mickey, which now, isn't.
Speaker 4: It not that quite that early? It's a little bit later.
Speaker 2: That is now in the public domain, that little that Mickey. So you can do whatever you want, and you can bet that there will be people putting up Mickey and let's say questionable surroundings.
Speaker 4: I've seen some. I've seen some interesting ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and still I think I still think it's a lawsuit out there if they do, because what it does is denigrate Mickey in general. But they still can do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, literally has been in the public domain since college.
Speaker 2: What that Mickey?
Speaker 4: Oh never mind, keep going, okay.
Speaker 2: Oh got it? All right? Cono, good morning? What up? What up? Okay?
Speaker 6: Bill?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 2: Bill? Yeah? True Dad? And I'm throwing you, Yeah, I'm throwing you gang signs. Yeah right, Hey, I've got out of credibility with that, all right, And good morning, Good morning Bill? Are you cold, puffyed jacket?
Speaker 5: It's cold in here. I think it was forty three when I left my house this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was cold, very cold. Yeah, it's very very cold. All right. Oh, before we get going this week? Oh excuse me? Not is it this week or the following week? No, I think it's this week. Friday night, Tim Conway's broadcas I see from Wendy's Mission via Ho El Toro Road, and that is I'll be stopping by saying hello. On Saturday. Neil is broadcasting live from Smart and Final in Lake Forest. Oh and that's the what Oh the El.
Speaker 4: Toro Road is at on El Toro Road.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so I got the wrong one for Tim Conway.
Speaker 4: That where he's going to be him Conway's in Mission Vah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know, but I don't know how many stores there are on Mission via Ho. When I got it, I got it all screwed up.
Speaker 6: It's the brand new one at twenty three two to Alicia Parkway.
Speaker 2: Oh, Alicia Parkway. Okay, that's probably the only one. Let me write that down.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Okay, got that all right?
Speaker 2: Writing that?
Speaker 4: I just I had a wheelchairs for people's brains.
Speaker 2: You should see, a matter of fact, I'm going to take a picture of this. You should see what I have just done with this, and we'll put this up. This is my professionality here, all right, Neil, I'll send it to you right now. Uh okay, hold on messages.
Speaker 4: And I can't believe Neil, you're the one that still has his job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Neil, okay, Uh just sent Also, did you look at I sent a picture yesterday? Neil put it up at my home studio, my super professional home studio.
Speaker 4: Are you looking at me? I saw it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know you did, but no one else does because they don't care. Amy you work on this show. Okay, at least pretend to care.
Speaker 4: How about right now?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm sorry, dog pillow behind you, we see.
Speaker 2: Everything, No, you do, but it's it was that specific photo that I sent up, which you don't see every day. Okay, it's up on Instagram. Look at it at Bill Handles. You know. No, I don't bother. It's already. You've already ruined it. Okay, we're done, all right. So anyway, uh Friday night, Tim Conway Junior Saturday for he's broadcasting his show at uh the wend Us Mission Viejo the New One. And then you have Saturday two to five Fork Report Lake Forest on a Toro road. I'll be there. Stop buying ale hold both and this starts pastapon and today you can start donating to just go to KF I am six forty h slash pastathon. Where's the dot com? On that one?
Speaker 4: You just well, no, I don't know. I'll say the ws anymore. You don't have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but where's the where's the don't come here? It just goes KFI am six forty slash pastathon.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, God, I gotta cross that out again. Damn. It got a little confused on that one. Wow, I'm not a tech No maven, however.
Speaker 4: Is your handle?
Speaker 3: We're going to be taking your pills in a moment and then we're going then it's time for your nap.
Speaker 2: How I am, however, a maven of the news. As on a humpday on November twentieth, we start the news handling the news with Amy neil me lead. Sorry. Oh yes, well, yesterday city Council voted unanimously and unanimously to adopt a sanctuary city ordinance in the City of the Angels. And it's a declaration of war against the Trump administration real simple as state of California. I mean, war has been declared on both sides. I'll talk more about this at seven o'clock and tell you how little this actually means, how this is ninety five percent political statement.
Speaker 4: Can they vote on filling potholes?
Speaker 2: He bar, Yeah, of course they can, Okays, But why would they do that? Now? You figure they would have a tent repair team paid for by the city making rounds, because at least that would help.
Speaker 4: Admit you joke.
Speaker 3: But somebody is listening right now at city Hall, going, that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: So Trump has tapped a TV doctor. He's also a heart surgeon and a wrestling empire founder. As he continues to fill out his cabinet, President elect Trump has named billionaire professional wrestling mogul Linda McMahon as the Secretary of Education, which is the department that he's promised to get rid of. He also selected doctor memet Oz, who was a TV talk show host and also a heart surgeon, to head the agency that overseas health insurance programs for about fifty million older, poor and disabled Americans. And he also named Wall Street executive Howard Lutnik to lead the Commerce department.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a quick word here. His appointments so far have had absolutely nothing to do with experience, credentials, background. For the most part, it's all loyalty, that's it. Doctor Oz actually was in cahoots or worked with Robert Kennedy Junior. Oz is kind of a weird guy, brilliant heart surgeon. He was at Columbia and he, I mean the guy I interviewed him once, very interesting guy. And I just had my operation. I just had my I just I had come back from my open heart surgery. So people walked in and there I am with my shirt open, and he's looking at my scar and he said, very nice. You know, it's healing beautifully. So I had no idea Robert Kennedy Junior and all that. I knew he was conservative, but he has absolutely no management experience at all, not zero, or public policy experience zero. But then again, that's not a problem with the selections. It's all about politics. It's all about loyalty, especially when they go to the gates business. I mean that's science fiction. Science fiction, okay.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: The US and some other Western embassies in Kiev said that they would stay closed Wednesday for security reasons. So you've got the American delegations saying that it had received a warning of potentially significant Russian air attacks on the Ukrainian capital. USN embassy said its closure and attack warnings were issued in the context of ongoing Russian missile and drone attacks on Kiev. So, well, they think it's going to go back to regular operations, but for now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody anticipating in the Russian reaction to those long range missiles that have been fired from Ukraine that the United States finally supplied Ukraine, and Russia said, that's such a provocation. It is now bringing the bar for using nuclear weapons down, saying well, saying specifically any non nuclear nation read Ukraine using arms from a nuclear weaponized nation we the United States, they view as a declaration of war by the nuclear powered agency or nuclear weaponized agency. And so he says that means we can go blow you up. That's a provocation with the United States done, of course, bringing twelve thousand North Korean tourists to the front with weapons, that's not a provocation, is it.
Speaker 6: So no longer do we have rain storms and snowstorms. We have pineapple expresses, bombs, cyclones, atmospheric rivers, and we got one that's hitting the Northwest. Forecasters are calling it a once in a decade bomb cyclone. I think we just had one last year though, hit parts of Canada and the US, Washington State, California, British Columbia. Thousands are without power and at least one person was killed. A woman in Linwood, which is north of Seattle, had a large tree fall on her.
Speaker 2: How many once in one thousand year storms do we get per year? Now?
Speaker 5: Five or six?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Lovely?
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh my gosh weather. All right.
Speaker 3: Comcast Corp. They're cutting a huge chunk of their television portfolio. They're going to create new company, new company composed of its cable channels, including MSNBC and CNBC.
Speaker 4: Big deal.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not making any money anymore, or are not making as much these These are a cable companies, and of course streaming and the other platforms have exploded. But this is the use of the USA Bravo Sci Fi Golf channel E, of which I don't watch any of them. Remember E used to actually have some influence. Anybody heard of E lately? Does anybody pay any attention to e and it was a monster in the early days.
Speaker 4: I like the Sci Fi Channel. I don't watch much TV anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't watch much broadcast TV except for national news. But what am I watching that is wonderful? God, I forget the name. I'll report on it tomorrow.
Speaker 6: A successful launch, the landing not so much so. SpaceX launched another starship rocket it's a prototype yesterday from Texas and President Elect Trump and Elon Musk were both there for it. But then when it came down, it didn't get caught by those mechanical arms like the one last month. Instead, it went down in the waters off the Gulf of Mexico. And apparently the catch, as they call it, was called off just four minutes into the test flight. They didn't say why, but conditions weren't right, so they directed it to go back into the ocean instead of trying to catch You.
Speaker 2: Now, aren't these like claws hands that are supposed to catch it?
Speaker 5: They say it's chopsticks.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. Originally I thought when Elon Musk went to Chuck E Cheese's with one of his children and went in that little machine, put a dollar in machine to get hold of you know, those stuffed animals. Yeah, I have an idea by going to make this work.
Speaker 5: It was pretty impressive when it when it did work last night.
Speaker 2: It was no. The guy is on a whole different level and in a bunch of different ways.
Speaker 3: I will tell you that they had to look at the the video footage twice because they thought a Yankees fan actually pulled it out of the claws.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I love that. That's great high comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Drugs task Force all of this amid the ongoing opiate opia oid rather crisis here, a special task force of the California National Guard helped seize one and forty two pounds of fentanyl last month, so it had a street value of about eleven million eleven point nine million, almost twelve million, and governew some Governor Gavin Knewsom came out and.
Speaker 4: Said, look at what we did. National opoid crisis continues to play California. Obviously, individual counties recorded a plateau, but with deaths and drug overdoses, but still a major and massive You know, I've always.
Speaker 2: Questioned the amount of drugs as reported street value of the drugs. For example, two tons of marijuana value that whatever eighteen million dollars. That is the wholesale value or is that the per joint retail value? Hmmm. For example, here you've got one five and forty two pounds of fentanyl. Okay, twelve million dollars? Now is that? Do they figure out per pill and they extrapolate? Do the math? Or if I wanted to buy all of it? Do I pay twelve million dollars? And if I get caught?
Speaker 4: Are you interest?
Speaker 2: My defense's personal use what? I am not interested enough? No, I'd like to say, no, I am not interested.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: Jaguar is changing it's logo. At least the classic Jaguar logo has been replaced with a more modern version. It's just instead of having the cool cat, it's just letters that spell out Jaguar. It emphasizes it's posh British pronunciation as it transitions into a new era that emphasizes its upcoming all electric vehicle lineup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you got the new Jaguar. At least, you know, some members of the board wanted to rename the car the Anteater, and at least they didn't do that. That didn't work, By the way, I try. Sometimes sometimes it works, Sometimes I don't.
Speaker 4: Thank you for making our jobb easier. Wis correct yourself.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Jaguar is the Jaguars one of the most beautiful cars ever built, the Xke. Do you remember that car? Oh yeah, it was just gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Cars are gorgeous, and now they break.
Speaker 2: Down like crazy. I mean they're insanely expensive to maintain, all right.
Speaker 3: A judge on Tuesday said that prosecutors can't use the personal notes and materials obtained from the cell of Sean Diddy Combs at an upcoming bail hearing. So the lawyers for Combs previously accused the federal prosecutors of what they called outrageous conduct for obtaining the form of music moguls personal notes from his jail cell. Prosecutors had claimed in a court fighting last week that, based in part on the note size, Combs was attempting to influence witnesses ahead of his trials. I guess they had on these little notes. They had like the names of witnesses or people that could know things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the judge said no. That's surprising. I thought the judge would say yes, But the judge said no, that this was a private communication and the government is not allowed to take that now. They argued that it was during a normal search of the prison, which they do all the time. I don't think the judge said that the search itself was illegal or unconstitutional, but the use of the material that was found cannot be used in a bail hearing. He's on his third bail hearing and so far as the judge said, you're dreaming, we're not letting you out. You have too many private planes and you're not willing to give up a big enough number of your passports that you have. You have to give up twenty eight of your thirty passports. No, no, he's not getting out on bail in time soon.
Speaker 6: La Usd's chat bot is a bust, and now its creator has been busted. The head of the chat box, or the person that started this whole thing for LA's school system, has been arrested and charged with fraud. It's Joanna Smith Griffin charged with defrauding investors. If you may remember that ED was unveiled earlier. It's an AI tool build is revolutionary for students, education and interaction between the LA school district and the families. So there was a big unveiling back in March and then a few months later, LA school officials quietly disconnected the tool apparently didn't work very well.
Speaker 2: We reported on that. I remember we did a story on that one specifically, but didn't work. Fraud, fraud, fraud, or at least that's what the allegations are. So I think she's been popped, right.
Speaker 6: Yes, she's been arrested, facing a bunch of charges for orchestrating a deliberate and calculated scheme to deceive investors.
Speaker 2: In all here education, you know it's always wire fraud involved. You know that in banking fraud because money transfers to banks, checks or cash, money orders or wires are sent and in furtherance of a crime, that those charges are always filed.
Speaker 3: All right, jay Leno finally gets his big break. Oh come on, I gotta tell you. You know, I heard Jay Leno on with Conway the other day talking about his burns and then a motorcycle accident he got into right effort. That guy is a superhero. Yeah pain, he could, he goes up. Just not a big pain guy. But so listen to this. For the third to third year in a row, jay Leno is bouncing back after an ugly, ugly ass injury.
Speaker 4: This time around. It was a steep hill. He's seventy four years old.
Speaker 3: He was great in good conditioning, looks like, but he misjudged this. He was stepping out for dinner a few hours before his Friday show at the Palace Theater in Pittsburgh, and he went down this shortcut or something. He rolled sixty feet down a hill, hitting several rocks along the way, and still did his show, still did his show. He had an eyepatch on, yeah, a bunch of bruises.
Speaker 2: It's like he's indestructible. He crashes his motorcycle, he breaks bones, he gets burnt, and he still continued with his show. Leno just keeps on working constantly. I mean, the guy obviously doesn't never have to work again because he's wealthy, beyond wealthy, and he happens to be a big fan of Conway. You're right, he's on Congress Show all the time.
Speaker 4: He's been listening to kfive for decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just not this show because he actually sleeps in the morning.
Speaker 4: He said something about your voice. I don't know what it is. But he broke his wrist, lost his nail.
Speaker 3: He's all black and blue, apparently, we wish Jay a quick recovery, but he does impress the hell out of me. I mean, not only is a smart guy and funny as hell, but the guy he's like the terminator.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. I mean he is indestructible, absolutely so crazy and still has the fire in his belly, which is one of the things that happened to him. There was a fire in his belly. Why not?
Speaker 4: That's what's next.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for what what's going to try and break Jay next year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's true, all right?
Speaker 5: Something fishy under the sea.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 6: Germans defense minister said that two undersea cables in the Baltic Sea have been damaged, and he's saying it looks like sabotage. So there's a seven hundred plus mile telecommunications cable between Finland and Germany. It was severed on Monday. And then there's also an internet link between Lithuania and Sweden's Scotland Island that wasn't working as of Sunday.
Speaker 5: And this all comes as.
Speaker 6: Tensions are increasing with Russia, and the defense minister says nobody believes these cables were cut accidentally, of course not.
Speaker 2: Remember, cable cables are friends, not food.
Speaker 5: That one didn't work either, but I got the reference.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't Colon's going, why wow? What is all that about? Okay?
Speaker 4: Okay? Uh, northernmost town in America. It is about to experience several weeks of darkness. Was formerly known as Borrow, and I used that term because I'm not going to try and pronounce this. Uh yeah, when.
Speaker 2: Did they change the name of I don't know it was. I've always thought it was Borrow. Now it's an Eskimo name. Oh excuse me? Are you even allowed to say Eskimo?
Speaker 4: Excuse who? You can say whatever you want?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I mean we know they're associate.
Speaker 5: Okay, take a shot at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, overly fat former former Eskimo people.
Speaker 5: No, the name of the town.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought you were asking for a description.
Speaker 4: You tick, you too?
Speaker 2: Kavic? You twa vic?
Speaker 5: That's as good as as any.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which actually translates to overly fat former Eskimo people. Okay, pretty chunky, you know in terms of stop stop Okay.
Speaker 4: It's very cold. You need your winter weight.
Speaker 2: That's the whole.
Speaker 3: After getting thirty minutes of daylight, this town in Alaska, aforementioned town saw its final sud set of the year on Monday, as it answer as it enters polar Night. The sun won't return again until January.
Speaker 6: Have you ever been this far north that you've been where the sun doesn't rise? I have, it's freaky. My brother, I haven't. My brother went and was sending pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go out. It was a cruise. You can go north of the a if you go to Norway, you can take a cruise north of the Arctic Circle. And there you are three o'clock in the morning out on deck reading a newspaper. It's really interesting.
Speaker 4: Isn't isn't the isn't that just called seattle out here?
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not. And in Norway you go up by north of the Arctic Circle, which there are some towns Troumsau for example, up at the top of the Norway. It's uh. I only say that because you know, I know that, and I wanted to throw that at you so to impress you, which never happens. And they have Sunday and it is a national holiday. Sunday is when the sun actually it peaks out on the horizon that become everybody cheers, and uh, you know, kids have been conceived during the winter, because I know, what do they have to do? They shtup and that's basically that's the hobby during the winter. And it's really interesting stuff. And let's move on. I digress. So how unusual.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is just sick and wrong. I can't come up with anything clever because it's just sick and wrong.
Speaker 5: So the US has.
Speaker 6: Been trying to strengthen a ban on shark finning in the Atlantic Ocean, and China and Japan have both blocked it. Yeah, so it's you know, if you don't, if you're not familiar what it is. They catch the sharks, they cut off their fins to make shark fin soup and use it for other medicine and that kind of stuff, and then they let the shark go and without its dorsal fin, it can't survive and they just leave it to die.
Speaker 2: Yeah lovely, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Just Yeah? But they none of them have VD It's true.
Speaker 2: Oh, in the international whaling every country in the world, that's very funny. Every country in the world signed onto international whaling restrictions except for Norway and Japan of course because they're into whales.
Speaker 4: But the oil no to keep them.
Speaker 2: They eat those whales. I mean they use them for quote research, usually minckey whales. I will tell you I I whale once when I was backrom matter of fact, the trip I was talking about, I had whale.
Speaker 5: Really I didn't, Okay, yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Was weird one back in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you very much. But I remember we were it was the afternoon, and it wasn't served at dinner or anything. It was just a small group of people because I knew one of the buyers on the ship, and we were together on the ship and everybody is the chef prepares this whale, and everybody is turning, is eating it, and we waited every bite, and then they described what it tasted like. And it tasted like some people said it was there was no flavor. Others said that it was tastes like meat. That was saying next to liver and the refrigerator with his tinge of liver. And as they come around to me, I took a bite and I looked at everybody and said, free Willie. Now I actually did that. I just want to point that out. Okay, we're done. They thought it was they thought it was funny, Neil. They got the humor.
Speaker 3: Were in disbelief. You're like, I actually did that? We know you did? I know who you are.
Speaker 5: What did it taste like it?
Speaker 2: No? No, it certainly doesn't taste like chicken. It is pure meat. There's no fat in it whatsoever because whale blubber, the fat on a whale is all on the outside, so the meat has no marbling to it at all, which means it is instantly overcooked. You have to basically serve it medium rare or rare. If you go beyond that, it dries out instantly because there's there's zero fat to it.
Speaker 5: And probably not as much flavor because there's not much flavor too.
Speaker 2: There's not much flavor to whale meat. Rod Is. They make whale sushi actually, and it's kind of weird stuff. It really is. All right, we're done now you're giving me, boy, you're giving me a look. Neil, your mouth is your mile. Your mouth is a gape.
Speaker 4: It should it always is in case someone has food for me.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're done, guys. This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle a shit Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.