Speaker 1: I don't know what Friday has in store. So Ross and I going over the going over the the prep list this morning, the guest list, just making sure we got to handle on everything is it's going to play out here on today's show, so that we sound reasonably informed. And Ross, let me just double check with you. We're kind of in the middle of this and and then boom, it's showtime. So I'm looking here seven thirty five on the on this because Ross puts together the whole prep packet and everything. Seven thirty five. Congressman Richard Hudson, Is that correct? So we double check.
Speaker 2: Yes, they'll be joining us.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, So Congressman Richard Hudson, all right, so in thirty five checking the check chack eight oh five, looks here like Pete calendar. Pete calendar eight oh five. That's that's affirmative. Huh that is confirmed?
Speaker 2: Correct? Yes, all right, good old Pete.
Speaker 1: Where's what's this gap towards the end of the show.
Speaker 2: So I've heard, yeah, I've heard rumblings, uh huh coming up today in the show. Now, I don't want to. I don't want to. I just don't want people who I don't want you to get too excited.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's not my intention.
Speaker 1: Friday. I like Friday, so but it's.
Speaker 2: Not my intention to get you excited. Okay, I just I'm just giving you the information here, so right, that's your job. I'm hearing rumblings that today in the show, there's going to be a super secret, kay, incredibly secret superstar joining the show.
Speaker 1: There's somebody we've never talked to before, right.
Speaker 2: Never talked to before. Oh, it's gonna be ginormous game changer. Yeah, getting confirmed. Okay, what game around eight fifty eight fifteen, eight fifty eight fifteen today. And it could be anybody. Yeah, it could be uh the Pope, right, Yeah, that'd be a big get. It could be Taylor Swift. I mean, it could be Okay, Tom Cruise, it could be was he will he do a stunt? Could be yet at the top of the building. You might, I mean it could possibly happen. Yeah, we'd have to put on the website for clicks.
Speaker 1: See it's so strange that you mentioned this because it could be Josh Allen. I heard I would interview Josh Allen this stuff.
Speaker 2: But generation generational quarterback, it could be the reanimated corpse of George Washington.
Speaker 1: I heard Reagan. This is why I'm bringing this up. And this is independent of each other.
Speaker 2: Game changer, dude.
Speaker 1: And so if somebody you know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be people excited.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, no, being straight up, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, this is delivering the facts.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm here.
Speaker 1: This is, this is a maybe who.
Speaker 3: Do you going to be?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. I can't wait. I cannot wait for the end of the show. And not for the usual reason on a Friday. I mean, I just I can't wait to see who it is at eight fifty eight to fifteen. So did we send a did we send one of those push notifications yet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Because it came out of disovernight. I mean, it's so fast. Time to give that to Trevor for the push notification. But I'm going to get I mean, it's going to change everything. Not to get you too excited. That's not my intention.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, You're just again, You're just a man with the facts, is what you do. So and you know, so the fact that Rossford that rumored that I heard a rumor from Ross you know, at that point that's two people.
Speaker 2: Just this morning. I've heard two people. I've heard, I've heard it confirm from two people on the radio that there's going to be a super secret, amazing guest on the show today around eight fifty eight.
Speaker 1: Are they long time trusted radio people.
Speaker 2: Though, yes, they are, oh wow, in the community, especially very low two years under their belt. They're not like these nationwide blowheards, you know what I mean? These are late. You can trust them.
Speaker 1: So, because I don't want it to turn out like what happened to the DNC.
Speaker 2: Yes, So what you want to do is listen to the entire show.
Speaker 1: Don't miss it. And if and by the way, for those of you want to do the podcast, no no, no, no no, you got to listen to this live.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I'm going to cut it out of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, look at that. That ross.
Speaker 2: So if you're listening to this in the future and you're like, hey, I listened the whole thing. You didn't hear it, that's why you're gonna be change your ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight fifty eight fifteen.
Speaker 2: You get up early for the super secret Incredible superstar guests.
Speaker 1: Not that early, I mean early. It'd be like, now you know, yeah, okay, all right, Well throughout you know, we'll we'll try to figure out who that is throughout the show and or if it's true, right, we want to we want to confirm it. We wouldn't want you, we wouldn't want you to change your schedule of how you do things or when you do things in anticipation of a super secret guest that may or may not be I don't know any of that. It could be anybody that rosters, We don't know, but we would hate to do that. So you change your schedule only to have it be complete bs and not deliver on it. That would be my fear. I'm mading what the DNC did yesterday, which they're all pretending was an accident, but what happened, Yeah, so crazy thing at the DNC. I know, you're so busy doing your other stuff and dubin you know, speech audio. So apparently at the DNC, some some random, big, bigger, you know, several five hundred thousand accounts, you know, follower accounts started tweeting some really like weird, super secret stuff and they did that thing that annoys me on Twitter so much, where they're like, all right, there's a there's a big thing that's going to be happening. I can't tell you what it is, but it's gonna be big, big, big, big big. Stay tuned right where it looks like engagement farming, and initially I just I just you know, say, that's probably engagement farming. By the way, here's how it worked. I've actually pulled this up. So yesterday, shortly after lunch, angry Staffer, which is is is an anonymous account of somebody who's purportedly a campaign stafford tweeted quote, I've been sworn to secrecy, but you don't want to miss the DNC tonight. If you thought the Oprah's surprise was big, just wait. So that was tweeted at twelve thirty.
Speaker 2: Right, and I was thinking ahead to be after I was thinking it had to be like two Oprahs.
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes later, another one of these random blue check that is that is if it's not proof, I don't know what it is, but they cut the feed because we're getting too close to who the super secret incredible superstar guest eight fifty eight is going to be eight fifty eight fifteen, right, We want to be exact for you. So yeah, that's that is That's a strange deal right there. I'm sitting here and I'm pointing out what happened to the DNC so that we can make sure that it obviously is not Yeah, I wouldn't worry. It's probably not anything going to effect, but I wanted to let you know what happened to the DNC yesterday and the moment I mentioned Oprah's name, some sort of weird technical issue.
Speaker 2: So I be sha that happened to our guest at a fifty eight. Can you imagine a fifty eight fifteen right like after the build up in the hype, that'd be yeah.
Speaker 1: Because you're not going to do this for the whole show. So so any who, Well, let me give you the rundown of what happened over the DNC, because again, this is what happened to them. This, this would never happen to us. You had a an account that has about a half million followers. Who is an anonymous staffer, right, it's just there a campaign staff or a staffer somewhere you don't know, and uh, you know, yeah, you get a lot of really political people that follow him. It just says I've been sworn to secrecy, but you don't want to miss the DNC tonight. If you thought the Oprah surprise was big, just wait. And then Ross suggested, what was it to Oprah?
Speaker 2: I heard it was going to be two Oprahs?
Speaker 1: How would you do that?
Speaker 2: Because people are like, oh, because like clones, your mind immediately goes to the clone thing. But the truth is, she's been a twin this entire time.
Speaker 1: Oh, like the Olsons, like.
Speaker 2: That movie with yeah, like the Elsen, like the Magician movie where there's a well, I don't want to spoil it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the good one of the two, right, don't spoil that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but there's a fat Oprah and a skinny Oprah and that explains a lot.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be tough, man. You know what, the Olsons, at least they were young. They looked alike. You couldn't tell them apart, but you're there. But Oprah does a lot of stuff, man. So some of these cats have so many jobs. I just assume their secret twins, you know, like you know, like Sean Hannity or Ryan Seacrest. I'm assuming there's two or three of them. But I digress. So anyway, So that tweet goes out that gets everyone salivating. But the thing that sold it was at about three thirty Central time, four thirty Eastern, the White House Political Director just tweeted a bee a be emoji and that is that's that's Internet speak for Beyonce. All right, So at that point, everybody, and again you're the White House Political Director, by the way, how do you think she explained that? Ross you haven't seen this stright? How do you think the White House Political Director who tweeted a bee only for Beyonce to not be anywhere near there, not performing, so they lied? How do you think she explained that? Because that definitely pushed this.
Speaker 2: I think she was trying to figure out how to maybe get more people to watch this she like the DNC. And then while she was coming up with some amazing policy decision, right, she was swarmed by a bunch of bees. Oh no, I'm covered in bees. Then she put out the b emoji in a panic to help she attacked by bees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then that would explain why they then didn't talk about policy during Kamalist speech right, very much, because the unfortunate, like the person putting the policy stuff together is covered in bees, so that's not good, No, she said. Her six year old accidentally tweeted it.
Speaker 2: I am so happy this four day freedom LARPing Festival is over. I cannot express to you how excited I am. Like ever, like four days out of the year every four years they pretend to like this country, and what they've done pretty much the past four days they completely stole the Republicans thing, like they're now waving flags and they're all about individual liberty and freedom and get the gum back and general business. And it's like, you guys are literally the problem. You're running against yourselves at the moment, and every single one of your policies are a complete opposite of what you're saying. It's like it's like the Will Ferrell thing where I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you what really. What I was watching yesterday is Kama was talking about abortion right, which is not unusually expect her to get into it right and then and this is the DNC feed. I always watch the DNC feed at the DNC in the RNC feed at the RNC right their camera control because you're going to see also what they want you to see while you're saying while something is being said, right, it's it's the pairing of It is propaganda, but it's known propaganda. I know it's your feet, but it's interesting to see. And so she's talking about it, and then they start panning to audience members holding babies. What what are you doing? Meanwhile, this poor woman's covered in bees. So anyway, so her six year old accidentally tweets the exact emoji that pairs with the exact rumor mill that has permeated the DNC for now about four hours. Just so just random. You ever had, as Lincoln ever actually said a text on your phone or anything? Kids do this.
Speaker 2: He never has, and it's it's a damn miracle.
Speaker 1: It would be an interesting text too. It'd be like I just get a text. Did you know that you're George Washington was born on a Tuesday? Like, why is ros setting this to it?
Speaker 2: I take that out? I take that. I think he maybe has in the past. I can't recall if it's my phone or my wife's phone, but I know he's like tweeted out like like kid videos before from like YouTube kids like nursing rhymes and stuff, but nothing like he's never texted anything.
Speaker 1: Now, he's never started a rumor mill that Beyonce was performing at the DNC and you should all tune in. Never did that, Okay, So anyway, so after she sends her tweet, it's on, man, let's see here huffing the post. Of course, Phil Lewis he retweeted Emmy Ruez and he what he did is he added authenticity to the meaning without backing it. He just says, this is the White House Political Director, which is a fair observation, right, this whole thing people trying to figure out is it or isn't, and the White House Political Director tweets the exact emoji that would indicate it is. So I don't even begrudge Phil Lewis on that. That's what I would think. But then here we go. You ready for the confirmation, TMZ. That's right, TMZ. At six forty nine pm Central, so seven to forty nine Eastern, reported that Beyonce would perform at the DNC, and from there everyone who had been speculating using Ruez's tweets, you name it, just reported it as here you go, TMZ is saying it, which is fine as long as you say TMZ is saying it. Here's the thing, none of it was true, zero of the rumor mill. It wasn't just not Beyonce, it wasn't anybody. There was zero special guest. Now some some who are cynical would say that it was it was not just a random set of circumstances and a mischievous six year old, but rather one hundred percent people behind the scenes and the Democrat Party wanting to propel something to the point where they could get a media outlet, a useful idiot to pick it up and be the ones and uh and only Ruez had to come back with the U with the uncheckable, the uncheck You know, it would be interesting, Actually, go look at Ruez's account. Is there a bunch of retweets and other stuff that wrap around that tweet? Because that would be even more unbelievable that your six year old in the middle of you sitting down, you know, doom scrolling Twitter and putting stuff out. What you do is the White House political director that your six year old, just like you, ran up to use the restroom in your six year old like I'm going to tweet a bumblebee, dude. Everybody got had oh, and others who put in the random the Crasenstein Nitwitz. I'm hearing there's a major surprise at the DNC this evening. Excited about our mystery guest at eight fifty eight fifteen. Let me just let me hit a few things here and again after after watching what happened to the DNC yesterday with you know them doing it it is, it is imperative that we nail this thing at eight fifty eight fifteen. So you're gonna want to be listening, all right, So check this out. Hey, guys just called out at work. I have to hear the secret guests that, sir, is a good attitude. You do not want to miss out on this. Let's see here.
Speaker 2: To well, just to confirm, I mean we've heard rumblings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a yeah. So we are you know, we are as excited as you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, is is probably is where we're at, you know, because everything is so I want to say it's planned, because we don't you know, this this show is definitely not planned most mornings, as you hear me wander but I don't know, it's just it's nice to have a little spicy, little excitement potentially, and so with you know, with the with the level of rumors we're hearing both online and on air, rumors by the way, from multiple people. I want to be I want to make sure that we're here and ready for it. Ben writes, the show is over at eight to fifty. That's not true, sir, it is not Ross. Will you check is the show over at eight fifty eight?
Speaker 2: That would be factually inaccurate. That is not correct.
Speaker 1: That is not correct. So let's see is it is it? Rush Limbaugh? I we don't know. Asking us is not going to help, you know, maybe look to see if Ross tweets random emojis, but then, you know, blames it on me or as kid or somebody else, because that's what happened. That's what got the DNC thing. Rolling White House political director literally tweeted a bee.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got some bad news for you, buddy.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm sorry what.
Speaker 2: It's the show account, this actual show account retweeted a quote of mine talking about the super secret, incredible guest that we've heard rumblings of with with just a swarm of bees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that more likely. I think it's less likely that it would be Beyonce and and more likely it would be a swarm of bees. So wouldn't that be amazing?
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, that's what I was. That's how I saw a.
Speaker 1: Guest you seated in your studio is a swarm of bees? Oh my god, let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the tweet reads hearing rumor is a super secret, incredibly famous superstar will be joining the show at eight fifty eight today? Is it the Pope, Tom Cruise, Josh Allen, the reanimated corpse of George Washington? This will be a game changer. Wow, who do you think it'll be? All right, Well, let's look, that's uh, we're just We're just here having a conversation. Could be anybody, But at the d NC yesday, it was not anybody. It was absolutely nobody. But that's okay. Everyone had their flags, everyone was excited. Jake Tapper's talking about was he talking about? All right? Just looking at this damn thing, CNN host Tapper is one of the best produced events we've ever attended. Too many people who want to be part of this event, more happiness than the GOP. Trying to reclaim patriotism from the GOP. All Right, good luck with that let's hear how your program may have in fact influenced patriotism. And we're gonna start with our own governor. That's right, Roy Cooper among the speakers ahead of Kamala yesterday, and he got very emotional, very emotional. But let me start with the the rally, because that's your job if you want to, you know, whether you're Hogan you know, or any of the others at the RNC or your any of the speakers at the DNC. Ahead of the big Kamala reveal, you got to pump the crowd up. Plus it's a crowd that thinks are getting Beyonce, so there's that too. Anyway, mister governor talked to me.
Speaker 5: Even if you don't agree with her on everything, Kamala Harris will fight for you to the very end. For families who need better health care or safer.
Speaker 3: Place to live.
Speaker 5: Kamala will fight for you. For parents who want better schools for their kids, For workers worried about a secure retirement for themselves. Kamala will fight for you. For any one of our allies anywhere in the world wondering if America still has your back. Remember this, Kamala will fight for you, and when he fights, we were Kamala's ready. Kamala's ready. The question is, are we.
Speaker 1: That is a dude who has so been promised to a cabinet position. It's not funny. That's my theory on all that. I think straight up Roy Cooper. I don't know if it's attorney general, but that sounds like a dude promised a cabinet position. And I stand by if I'm wrong. I'm wrong, but it's the only thing that makes sense with the whole series of events that played out. They said to him, look, we're probably gonna go one of these other two directions, although they didn't mean it because Shapiro was Jewish and they all knew it. But we're going to go in these other directions. So if you want to get positioned as you can be a surrogate because he's doing circusy things, you're going to be secretary of whatever, attorney general or whatever it is. That's what I believe. Even if Kamala wins, I think Roy Cooper is a cabinet member, mark my words. But anyway, then it gets a little emotional, a little emotional, big stage a lot of people, serious stuff.
Speaker 4: Are we gonna stand up?
Speaker 6: Are we gonna fight?
Speaker 1: Are we gonna bot?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna win?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's emotion? Right? Was that emotion there with the.
Speaker 2: Pork chops and apple sauce? Is what that is?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, it's a throwback reference. If you know what that is, you're old.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say it kind of sounds like twelve year old me too in my voice changing, So pur chefs and umple sauce. All right. So overall, you know, there was another really surprising from Cooper. But it's all about set in the stage, and that stage was set for.
Speaker 7: Kamala Harris of Americans, like the people I grew up with, people who work hard, chase their dreams and look out from one another on behalf of everyone whose story could only be written in the greatest nation on earth. I accept your nomination.
Speaker 6: United Pace.
Speaker 1: You know, here's the thing, and this is what makes it difficult. Ross. I don't believe she's had anything to drink here, right, I don't think there's any way that they did. But her delivery still kind of sounds like she does. So then I wonder about some of those other cuts that people are going, well, look at that she was obviously drunk.
Speaker 2: I mean, she tends to be fine on prompter. She's following prompter and that's that was all I prompter. And she's even doing the like I said, they're making it into Obama two point zero, and she's even taken like she's trying to take his mannerisms, like the way she moves her hand when she says, let me be clear. That was Obama's thing, let me be clear. And now she said a bunch of times last night, well she wanted to be clear. It's when you take her off prompter that she starts sounding crazy.
Speaker 1: And that that is why the odds of this woman ending up in too many circumstances where it is off prompter and she might face them, they will guard against it. The problem is they don't have COVID, but it's seeming to not be a problem, Like they don't have COVID, but they have a media that's going to go along with it, Yeah, and protect her. So and people at no point going what can we hear from the dude. You know, it's really funny the very same media that are screaming their head off here in North Carolina because Mark Robinson will do an interview with them, Right, you got to hear from We got to hear from We got to hear from him. Are are not writing a single op ed piece about how weird it is that Kamala Harris isn't doing press conferences or you know, doing these off the cuff situations. They don't care. And it's like, well, I mean, which is it? Do you want to hear more? You should want to hear more, or you should at least notice the unusual nature of it. You know, they accused Robinson not wanting to do it out of spite or guilt or any of the rest. That's fine, You've already assigned a motive. Explained to me why Kamala Harris isn't doing these? Oh well, it doesn't make sense. We're going to reach voters through advertising, which was literally something that was said. But that's not how voters get a scope of you. That's how voters get whatever you want that scope to be. And then I mentioned when she was talking about this, they kept panted the pictures of people holding babies and it was so weird.
Speaker 7: As a part of his agenda, he and his allies would limit access to birth control, ban medication abortion and enact a nationwide abortion ban with or without Congress. And get this, get this he plans.
Speaker 1: By the way, that is a She just said that. What she said there is there is a possibility that Trump, via executive order, exerts a nationwide abortion band. That's what she If you listen to the words she said, that's what she said.
Speaker 2: She's saying, there's no way, right possible. She's saying to a bunch of people have no idea how government works.
Speaker 1: The Supreme Court just specifically spoke to how these decisions would be made at the state level. It couldn't be more on point. Every single justice, including everyone that Trump put in there, would would would blow that executive order out of the water in a moment. But it doesn't matter, man. You got to you gotta have the boogeyman stuff.
Speaker 7: To create a national anti abortion coordinator and force states to report on women's miscarriages and abortions. Simply put, they are out of their mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know there's a national abortion coordinator. And again, these are people behind the scenes doing this. You guys have one literally within your HHS, which seemingly that person shouldn't have a job anymore because it's a states issue. But I digress. All right, So the question is did we get some policy positions? Do we get some specifics?
Speaker 8: Do?
Speaker 1: I think people probably want to know what does a what does a Harris administration look like? What's your day one stuff, what's your high priority? What are you going to put task force together for? So we'll try to pick from the corpse of that speech what direction we might be going, and we'll do that coming up next here on the CaCO Day Radio program. Well here on your Friday, coming up on the show, here's the stuff we know concretely. Coming up on the show. Seven thirty five, Congressman Richard Hudson will join us. Sure, he's got some thought so what we just witnessed. Also, I'm very curious how he is now the part he is not in the Party of Patriotism, which apparently is now a Democrat thing. And then also eight oh five, Pete Callander joins us, as he does, and obviously we've got this whole week to talk about, and no offense to those guys. Glad to have him. But we're hearing some stuff this morning. Ross you've heard this too. I saw that you found some tweets on this backing up a very very very big guest potentially joining the show.
Speaker 2: They're an incredibly super secret, top secret, superstar guest could be coming up today. I've heard rumblings. You've heard rumbling r Mercer the audio Grapevine. I've heard that, yeah, around eight fifty.
Speaker 1: Eight, both online and on the correct I think we've heard this eight fifty eight fifteen.
Speaker 2: Big yes, big guests confirmed possible today.
Speaker 1: So I don't go to work. Don't you have to feed your kids. They'll be fined for an hour, a couple hours, or you can feed them whatever, Just you know, get them to shut up when the guest comes out. You don't want to miss this stuff. It's going to be amazing. All right, let's grab a couple of calls and we'll get back into the audio. Uh, Lisa, what's up?
Speaker 9: Well, Yeah, I was watching it on these macs last night, Good morning, Good morning Cases. And they had a reporter on the floor there named Mark Halpern, and he was getting ready to introduce Roy and he introduced said that Roy Copper will be out in a few minutes, and the guy back in the studio goes, he says, wait a minute. He said I thought it was Cooper. He said no, he said, we've been instructed that it's Copper, and he said it must be some kind of North Carolina dialect.
Speaker 1: No, no it's not. Don't please God, don't put this on us. Yeah, no, it's just lunacy. So I love that. So the media is now because you know, the big thing is they want to get everyone's name right. So if you say Cabala instead of Kamala, they screamed that you're a racist. So are they trying to do that with Cooper? Is it big a tree? If I say Cooper instead of Copper? Excuse me?
Speaker 10: Cook?
Speaker 1: How do you say it?
Speaker 10: Sir?
Speaker 2: That is that?
Speaker 10: Is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well that's great. All right, Well thank you for the call, Theresa. I appreciate it. So they're so they're they're correcting each other during their coverage.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, here here's a man who doesn't pronounce words correctly, Boston Paul, what's up?
Speaker 11: I need some classification?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The twelve?
Speaker 11: Is that your birthday party? Anniversary party? Because I don't know what what cake to bring? Should I bring one of both?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 11: Maybe just a bottle of powers?
Speaker 1: What powers?
Speaker 2: Is fine?
Speaker 1: You ever put powers in strong bow, I put everything, Yeah, but you're taking strong both sider and then put two shots of powers in there.
Speaker 11: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What your world wrecked. Have what's known as the state bite, sir, and then try coming, then try calling me. It's were doing in a party? Man? Details of the website of Casey on the radio. We're doing one in the tryad run in the triangle. So it's super convenient for everybody.
Speaker 2: And these are big birthday parties. Correct?
Speaker 1: Is there not? Dude? You are just mister rumor mill today, aren't you? Ross?
Speaker 10: Is here? Stuff?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Listen, I told you I hired a magician and a clown to do like pollute animals. Super excited about your birthday? I have yourself a day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thank thanks?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I heard your team in the quarterback that's four? Would you like Zippy's.
Speaker 1: You want to who do you think is going to have a more winning record this year? US or the Patriots.
Speaker 11: I'm just asking you a question.
Speaker 1: You don't ask you. I asked the questions.
Speaker 11: So he would you like Zippy's happy? We're gonna I think we're gonna get rid of them.
Speaker 10: You could help them all right?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe who knows. I don't know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably when they're probably in half day game.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many? How many are you gonna take from the bills?
Speaker 11: Do you think both of them?
Speaker 2: Listen. I want to focus on the important things like the Boonesliga. The boom I'm looking for that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I'm in for caroling. Curling's coming up.
Speaker 1: You're missing the boat this year. It's all about Boonesliga, all right, So thank you very much, Boston. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we're we're really pumped about the the German Premier Soccer League. And not just that, not just that. There's a lot of individual soccer teams that I follow, so uh, you know, I mean it's all about keeping the you know, keeping keeping abreast of what's going on there.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to all the legas, the English Liga, the franch Aliga, you know, the Polish Liga. Yeah, all the leagas. Super excited my passion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that's what they're all called too. So absolutely so. Here in a half hour, we're gonna chat with Congressman Richard Hudson. We get a few things to chat about with him. Eight oh five. Of course, Pete calender. It's Friday, so we have our little radio V radio guye chat Off. That'll be at eight oh five. And then rumors are swirling. I'm seeing them online, I'm seeing them on the air. I'm seeing rumors in my email inbox of a game changer, of a guest coming up at eight fifty eight, or a yeah, eight fifty eight to fifteen. I don't know anything more than them. I only know what I read here. Let's see, says this guy on Twitter, writes hearing rumors a super secret, incredibly famous superstar joins the show at eight fifty eight today, So you know, trying to weed through that and figure out exactly what it means. I'm sitting here having to do a show. I don't have that kind of time. So we'll just we'll wait and see who that might be. What is what is is something in your studio? What is happening over there? What is that? Is that a be in your studio?
Speaker 2: You're just talking about the super secret incredible So yesterday it sounds like a bee.
Speaker 1: You have a be in your shit? What if it's a murder horn? Like, no, it's probably a bee. Probably a be? All right, Yeah, open the window or something that's terrifying. Ross is running around in there in a circle. I don't know what's chasing him. You can't tell. Oh Man, all right, and I'll get sorry. We're gonna get to that too. Some people are saying that they this whole thing sounds familiar to something they saw yesterday, assuming those are folks whose alarms just went off. Yeah, So I think what you're referencing, mister emailer, is that yesterday the everyone at the DNC thought Beyonce was coming. And the reason they thought that is because some big, anonymous you know, like I'm a secret staffer for one of the campaigns accounts was tweeting that. And then the White House Political Director tweeted an emoji of a bee, which means Beyonce or sometimes it's just a bee, okay, And and that of course led to TMZ and everyone reporting that Beyonce was going to take it was she didn't, she wasn't, and she wasn't going to And there was no guest, there was nothing except what seems to be a very obvious ploy to drum up more people to watch the DNC, and and and there, and then they're willing to lie to your face. This is the thing that kills me. Because the White House Political Director check said the reason that they emoji with a bee got tweeted right in the middle of all of this so it be used as a bit of soorci material was because her six year old took her phone and tweeted the b emoji at the exact moment when it would be the most impactful. Her six year old just randomly did it. That is That is the level of authenticity you're dealing with there, Just so we're abundantly clear. And then it got stupid. You just got dumber from there once they realized there wasn't going to be a Beyonce or any or any of the I shouldn't say, or any of the rest. I mean, they had a couple, you know, but Pink or whatever was there, John Legend I think was there. So I mean they had that. But Beyonce is Beyonce man, and you lied to everybody to get him to tune in. That is crazy, all right, CNN. How did you decide to spend that in.
Speaker 8: Anticipation here and elsewhere that there may be a special guest. I am told by Democrats that Kamala Harris was their guest. They did not want a celebrity at the end of this convention to actually compete with her. One senior adviser telling me, this is a deadly serious election. And if you looked at the end of this program having a Leon pineticam on the former Defense secretary really presenting Vice President Harris as a plausible commander in chief, that is one of the reasons I'm told that there was not a celebrity performance at the end.
Speaker 1: CNN, have some damn have some spine. If you're a CNN reporter, if you're any of these reporters and you're swimming in this, you know that you and the rest of you and the rest of your colleagues were just used by the Democrats to sell a lie. And you should be offended by that. In the same way. Do you remember when Trump would say something and they would start screaming at it. It's okay to just scream and call him a liar now, because we're not going to be used to propel lies. When they would dip out of Trump speeches, at least, you know, until they started shooting at them. Now they cover all of them. You know, it was we're not going to we're not going to do this, and they would, they would do it with ferocity and anger, like we will not be used. You were all used, and you're a bunch off feckless idiots.
Speaker 8: And in anticipation here and elsewhere that there may be a special guest. I am told by Democrats that Kamala Harris was their guest.
Speaker 1: You should be torching them right now. And for them to say and for them to go, well, it's just a bunch of people on Twitter. No, it's the White House Political director and nobody believes that her six year old tweeted a bee in the middle of Beyonce Mania. Nobody believes that. And you're reporting like, oh no, everyone else just got it wrong. You absolute hacks. You got taken advantage of, you got used, and you're just you're acting like nothing happens. And you know, also the intellectual dishonesty for them to go, well, we didn't want a big star there to shine away. That's correct, which is also why, which is also why Gavin Newsom didn't get a primetime speaking spot. And you know, if you're doing actual analysis, if you're doing actual analysis for the uh, you know, for this event, which you're supposedly doing. That should be something you're talking about. I was able to pick that up in a minute. And by the way, I understand it too. If I was the organizers putting this thing on, I would not put Gavin Newsom, who is a much more skilled order and somebody that a lot of folks wanted after after they realized that Biden wasn't going to be the guy anymore. But no, they're they're just there for a puffery surrounding this whole thing so the Kamala can get on stage and talk about how she's going to save the economy.
Speaker 7: Why we will create what I call an opportunity economy, an opportunity economy where everyone has the chance to compete.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, we know what we call that. We call that capitalism. We call that the economy, or at least the economy is as it's supposed to be until government gets in there and changes it so not everyone can compete. Like, I don't know, here's the thing within a private company, the scholarship that's only open to minorities. Is that an opportunity economy? Right there? I'm confused.
Speaker 12: And a chance to succeed whether you live in a rural area, small town.
Speaker 7: Or big city. And as president, I will bring together labor and.
Speaker 12: Workers and small business owners and entrepreneurs and American companies to create jobs, to grow our economy, and to lower the cost of everyday needs like health care.
Speaker 1: And how, okay, can I just stop you for a moment, How will the combination of organized labor, small business owners, especially small business owners, and rural environments, so where those they are likely not using union labor. Some maybe, but most of them aren't. And that is doing large part, especially North Carolina, to the fact that organized labor is more expensive than standard labor. And if you're in Tabor City. I'm not picking on any towns here, but let's face it, North Carolina has a lot of mid level towns, mid sized towns that are finding are still financially on the edge. And you go through the downtowns and they're all empty save for I buy Gold stores something like that. The fact remains that it is not possible to bring economic opportunity at the same level to every slice of America. Proximity to shipping, all impact stuff, educated workforce, all of these things will be impactful. But I'm here to tell you that the idea that you're going to go into a city like Tabor City or some of the others in North Carolina that continue to struggle. Again, I don't mean to pick on them. I was just I remember being so blown away driving through They're downtown one time. And you're going to put high price union labor in there, and you're going to get entrepreneurs in an environment where the you know, most people are not making money because the you know, the economic opportunity is not there. And it's just going to plug in immediately, and and now the costs of goods are going to be lower. That's not mathematically possible. It's not mathematically possible unless you get the union labor to take a significant cut over what their normal rate would be, or I don't even know, I I don't even know. You subsidize the production of whatever they're producing. That's the only way that happens. And and and that's the hard truth that we want to we don't want to tell people. And I grew up in a small town. I know many of you did, you still live there today, But I recognize that for what I wanted to achieve and what I wanted to do, I couldn't stay in my small town, and that was a decision I had to make. Love me some buffalo. While I mean really enjoyed starting my radio career at fourteen fifty am KBBS when I was in high school, but the reality on the ground was you're going to run out of listeners real quick.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a small place, man, even go to the bigger cities there. So if I wanted to grow and continue to achieve in this business, and yes, God forbid, make some money, that required me to make hard decisions. And those decisions, I'm telling you, when you're cutting your teeth in radio, it is like so many other places, you're just like, how am I eating? How am I affording to eat? How am I able to pay my rent? And a lot of times you can't. This is the benefit, the only benefit of radio when during those cutting your teeth times is there used to be a lot of free food around so ross how many how many times do you think that it was only the free food at the radio station that kept your belly full that week?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's definitely happened, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, But then you know from there you got to go and you got to make that transition, Ross had to move from from New York to newburn.
Speaker 2: I just had this conversation with my mother like last week. Yeah, you know, she's older and like she wishes I was closer to home, and I do too. But the fact remains, and that we know this. I could not have gotten you know, I couldn't achieved what I wanted to achieve or worked in this business. If I stayed in Schenectady, wouldn't have happened. You have to move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and so you know, sitting here telling everyone that they're going to be able to just stick with their position in life and you're gonna make things better around them.
Speaker 2: Is really dangerous.
Speaker 1: That's false, hope.
Speaker 2: Man. She's not talking about equal opportunity. She's talking about equity.
Speaker 1: She is talking about equity, you bet your ass and equity. It's it's gonna be a lot more expensive to achieve equity, and the well, it's gonna be unachievable obviously because humans are humans, right, You're not gonna have the same outcome if at some point dude could flout and I don't know, go commit a crime or you know, anything that would normally get somebody fired. So I'm sorry, continue with this, this fantas, this fever.
Speaker 7: Dreaming in groceries. We will provide access to capital for small business owners and entrepreneurs and founders, and we will end America's housing shortage and protect social security and medicare.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, So again there's not a unique anything in there. But let me ask you a question, and I only pick one, and I think this would be. If you could do this, I think you would win, no problem. If Kamala Harris could say, look, let me show you what I mean the thing about groceries, I'm gonna show We're gonna because I'm still the vice president and Joe Biden seems to go along with whatever I want. Let me waive the wand and let me show you. We're going to reduce grocery prices by twenty percent back back next week and do that. If you do that, if you do that, you're going to win.
Speaker 2: The problem is, like you said, she's been she's running against herself and this is this is a hole they can't get out of the four days of the DNC Convention, in the four day of freedom loving LARPers they do every four four years or four days. That's over now, and then in the debates which are coming up, and what just a few weeks. Yeah, you're finally gonna have somebody who's gonna have to ask you right in response, well, you are the one in power right now. You're running against your own economy. It's absolutely crazy. How come you haven't fixed these things already? If you're going to fix them, and if you do know how to fix them, and you're holding out into the election, what does that say about you?
Speaker 1: You're you're accusing Trump of a So they were accusing Trump of with the with the the ceasefire, right, Well, we don't want to You don't want to do it until I tell Kamala is out because you don't want to get a credit for it.
Speaker 2: And how evil is that? And I listen, I know you're having a hard time feeding your family, and I can solve the problem. And I could have done it for the past three and a half years, but instead of made it worse so I can be elected this year?
Speaker 1: What if if she could solve that right now? But the problem is her only explanation for it is greed. Right, it's all these companies, all these companies, are you know there's gouging people because they can all of them, all of them, all at once, All of them are just now. Could some are some sitting there and probably taking a larger profit margin, if only to make up for during COVID maybe, but you have to show me individual examples. But just reposting the tweet that, uh, you know, Walmart, Walmart saw something a billion dollar profit last year and then not contexting that that literally is almost the same or actually less than the profit that they see annually, which are SPA paid in stockholder dividends. People want to make money owning Walmart. Walmart also invests in expands. You can agree or disagree with how much profit that they make, but you can't imply that it's different all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Now the profit margins for grocery stores are some of the smallest out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, so those restaurants span and you're accusing because they were accusing restaurants and grocery stores of gouging people.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like one point two percent or something.
Speaker 1: Gamby Yeah, I think if you can get up to three or four, you're living the high life. But it's nearly unachievable now it's all about moving volume. Walmart moves volume, and Walmart has very low margins. But because of the size of their company. Remember, there's a worldwide company. I've seen Walmart's literally all over the world. They're kind of fun to go into just to see how different they are. Like I was in a Walmart where dudes are walking around with AR fifteen or AR fifteen style rifles. Stup, they're fully automatic, so you know, they're actually M fours And those are the security guys at Walmart. And I'm like this, Walmart.
Speaker 3: Must kick off sometimes.
Speaker 1: Holy hell. But they're everywhere and they're doing business everywhere, and so yeah, they're gonna make a lot of money for their shareholders. Just that's kind of how it works. But if you can fix it and you're not fixing a shame on you. More audio there, but it'll have to wait because we're gonna chat with Congressman Richard Hudson. We'll see what he thought of all of this coming up next. Hang on, so line ten, I should have got line ten. All right, let's see if it's Beyonce, good morning. Oh look at that, it's Congressman Richard Hudson. How you doing this? Morning, sir.
Speaker 10: Hey doing great.
Speaker 13: Great to be with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought you might have been Beyonce for a moment. They keep threatening she's gonna.
Speaker 6: Make your apperience so well pri special guest.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, well's that's good. We got several today, so people would never it's just a corn of copey of you know who's going to be on the show. But I'm glad you're on the show because am I wrong in indicating that a lot of the things that seemingly are the Democrats position all of a sudden have kind of been your guys's position for a while, because it's starting to feel that way on some stuff.
Speaker 13: That's funny. You know, if your policies are destroying America and the American people have called on to it and you're very unpopular, where do you go? I guess you could try to adopt the other t talking points, but but the American people aren't going.
Speaker 3: To buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's because when the rubber meets the road. But quite honestly, it wouldn't it behooved the Republicans if if you have Kamala Harris and you have Governor Kupper or however, we're supposed pronounce his name now. And but you have other Democrats that are out there and they're saying, hey, we think this should be a thing. We don't think taxes should be tipped. We think and there's several examples. And I was blown away because, like Jake Tapper was listing a moth, wouldn't that make sense for for you guys in the house there to go all right, hey, you guys love this stuff, let's go ahead and get a vote. Right, maybe gets maybe sees a few things that they begrudgingly have to come over with.
Speaker 13: I don't think that would be prong, but you know, who knows. They might find the bill. I mean, then you know they may we might could get a few things done like that because they want to.
Speaker 11: You know, they have this trumped arrangement.
Speaker 13: Syndrome there though anti Trump that they might actually pass some conservative legislation thinking that might yeah, well.
Speaker 1: They said Trump if he's elected. Kamalas said yesterday that he wants a national He's going to do a national abortion ban. You know, I'm I'm not. I took civics, I enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure that as the Supreme Court just made that ruling passing that down to the state that an executive order from the President couldn't do that. Am I wrong? Or am I correct?
Speaker 10: As usual?
Speaker 13: You're correct? And you know, President Trump has made it very clear what his position on abortion is. He doesn't think it's a federal issue. He thinks it ought to be left up to the states. He says he would not support a national abortion ban the units Congress proposed one, So his position's clear. And and once again Kamala Harris is lying to the American people.
Speaker 1: Well that's weird. I didn't see it in the fact check. So what so what are you guys up to. I'm assuming you guys obviously used to got work that you're working on. I get your press release. Well let's talk about some of the stuff you're doing. But do you guys just sit in a room on the repair or do you go to the cat was it the Capitol Club?
Speaker 13: Is that your guys?
Speaker 1: Is little club house there? Capitol Club, right, Gable Hill Club, Babeta hill Club. I've had the opportunity to go in there and watch Jim Jordan walk the fastest I've ever seen a person walk. That was my experience there. But do you guys just sitting there, And do they watch the DNC in the Capitol Club with you guys just sitting around, Because I'd love to be on a fly on the wall for that.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 13: Fortunately I love August because we aren't in session in August. We get to be home in our districts. And so, you know, we left Washington into July. We're scattered across the country, and you know, I think for a lot of us, we aren't watching much of the of the convention because we know what it is. I mean, you know, I'm sure production value is great, but you know, Kamla Harris is trying to run as an outsider. She's trying to promise to fix all the problems she created over the last three and a half years. So you know, I'm not sure we need to watch every second of it.
Speaker 1: Oh sometimes you hate watch Like we have people that listen to this show, sir, that to hate the show and probably hate you. They hate you, they hate me, they just and but we're glad to have them. So keep adding your tally to my ratings. So let's talk about what you're doing back in your district. You just take you just take a month off and go fishing, right.
Speaker 6: Not exactly now.
Speaker 13: I think the work we do at home is more important than the work we're doing in Washington in most cases. But what I'm focused on is is a bunch of liberal states, led by California, are trying to double the tax on firearms and AMMO. You know, there is a federal X ray attack eleven percent on the sales guns and ammo. But that money goes towards wildlife conservation, goes to hunter safety. But these liberal states are trying to increase the price of firearms to try to make them inaccessible to most Americans. And so I've got legislation I'm working with Senator Risch from Idaho and conn from Daryl Lysa from California to try to stop these states from basically trying to make guns and AMMO to spenses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let me let me say something because I want to reiterate something that Congressman just said, because I spent I spent a lot of years also as an outdoor reporter hunting and fishing when I was in Minnesota. And one of the things that people need to recognize is the single largest funding source for the for the preservation and conservation of animal, fish and wildlife in America are hunters and fishermen people. People don't understand this. They are the single largest funding source and they do it through licensing fees. They do it through these excise taxes he's talking about. And in fact, if you're a creature and you're endangered, you should get somebody to eat you, because if you're good, there will be there will be two million more of you very quickly at the hands of sportsmen. So there is a there is a place currently where that is how funding works. You could call it a use tax whatever. And while people may begrudgingly, I don't want to pay this, but I have to kind of thing we found a natural balance with they're trying to do with something different, and there is literally a legal termam, and maybe you're familiar with it that says you can't go and do something ancillary to impact a constitutional right. So the example they give is you couldn't say all bullets are a million dollars now, which is I've heard idiots say that, right. There is a legal press that you couldn't do that. So how are they approaching that tipping line? Getting away from how things used to work to how they you know, they want to secretly shut down people's ability to use guns. When when does when when do we hit that threshold?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, you know, it's kind of the old camels and those in the tent analogy. You know, they if they if they can do a little bit and get away with it, and do a little bit more and get away with them, before you know it, we don't have our constitutional rights anymore. And that's kind of what they're doing. Is every way they can chip away our rights, they're coming after us. And so that's why we have to be so vigilant. That's why it's so important that you know, some people may say eleven percent backs, so what, but uh, you know for folks living on fixed incomes, for a lot of people, uh, it doesn't take long before that firearm or that box of ammos is inaccessible. And that's what the that's what they're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Well, that's if you can find it a lot of times for the not you know, all the other areas to try to D bank and AMMO companies all of this, Why isn't there a larger bill with it? I'll tell you the d banking thing Congressman Richard Hudson with us. We'll just we'll kind of wrap it up here. That's the thing that terrifies me with a lot of these and and you know, firearm companies, AMMO companies. I mean, is there a place for government involving themselves in that? And is that something you guys are looking at.
Speaker 13: Well, you know, we're trying every way we can. You know, when you've got divided government, it's stuff you have limited tools and ultimately it's probably going to be decided by the courts. But but you have to be vocal. You have to do everything you can do. And that's what we're doing. Is you know, we introduce the legislation, we give speeches, we have hearings, we write letters, we put a spotlight on what they're doing, and we support lawsuits when when they're filed.
Speaker 1: And then lastly, as you tour your district, how many of those fake jobs are you finding? I got to assume that there's eight hundred thousand excuse me, readjusted jobs. What is that per district? I guess I could have done the math. That's a whole bunch of people in your district that don't exist.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 13: You can't trust anything that comes out of Kamala Harris's mouth. And you know, we've we've seen the FBI being weaponized. Now it looks like, you know, bureau statistics is being being weaponized to try to prop up the Democrat administration. It's I mean, you know, when did facts become you know, subject to your party. I mean, that's why people don't trust government, That's why people don't pay attention to the process. And and so frankly, we need a new president, Donald Trump, that we can trust, and we need to uh, you know, regain its us to American people, you know, And you talk about my district. I've actually got the largest army base in the world for Bragg, and we have a huge housing shortage. But across the military there's a real housing problem. That's something I'm working on. You know, We've got poor quality housing. We don't have enough housing for our military and their families. And it's just no excuse for it. And frankly, it's it's the bureaucracy of the army embarrassing and of God that's holding it up.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing. Let me use the word, it's embarrassing. And I know some of it is like kind of on you because you're in the club, but you know, at least you're doing something. It's embarrassing. Yeah, you go, you got you. You look at what's going on in a fable with the housing, You look at the water stuff with le June and all of this. These are never stories that we should be talking about, not when it not when it pertains to the military. And yet so many land here in North Carolina. So I'm glad you're looking into it, and uh, we'll chat with you soon, sir.
Speaker 13: All right, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, Richard Hudson case O Day radio program, and we'll get your calls coming up. But first raced Agic from the Weather Channel, so I can figure out how to put a call on hold.
Speaker 2: There we go, They did that.
Speaker 1: All right, mister, there you're doing but there, Oh you're not Beyonce, so no, no, we thought everyone's Beyonce.
Speaker 3: So yeah, did you see the rumor too?
Speaker 14: There was a what there was a rumor going around last night that Taylor Swift's jet was in Nashville and that she was going to fly in and make an appearance last night too. I guess that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there were rumors.
Speaker 1: We have a big guest coming up at eight fifty eight fifteen today.
Speaker 3: So I don't even know who starting quarterback.
Speaker 1: I have no idea who it is. That would be nice. I'll take one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it Darnold? Is that who the starter is going to be for the You know what?
Speaker 1: I I'm so I look at that seven forty six.
Speaker 3: They gotta go, Yeah, it's time to go. How about this?
Speaker 14: And I kind of stole this because I quarter from somebody else. But I did notice yesterday morning we were one shy and Raleigh of a record low. We made it down to fifty four degrees and it has been twenty years since it's been that cool on August morning. Trend probably not.
Speaker 3: No, it's a little.
Speaker 1: Miles of this false false fall. We're calling it.
Speaker 3: A false fall.
Speaker 14: Yes, it is false fall and another false false fall morning this morning. Although up a couple of degrees, it's still in the fifties. Still pretty pleasant this afternoon as we climb to near eighty or just above. The weekend is going to be sunny in mid topper. Partial sunshine today seen a little overcast around, especially in the eastern half of the state, but mostly Sunday.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend.
Speaker 14: The change will be temperatures will start going up load of mid eighties tomorrow, mid upper eighties on Sunday, and a little more humidity coming back. And that's going to set us up for some heat next week as the ridge is going to build. That's off to the west, and that means low to mid nineties, and maybe the heat in disease getting close to one hundred Monday through Thursday, maybe a little bit longer, will be ninety plus.
Speaker 3: Try it. Monday may stay in the upper eighties.
Speaker 14: The mountains will be in the eighties, but everybody is going to be ninety plus easily by Tuesday through at least Thursday, and maybe around ninety four ninety five in the triangle. So I don't think anybody out there, Casey thought that the heat was done.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 14: And as we go into next week, hotter once again after this little false falls.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess we're calling it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you, sir, appreciate it, yes sir, and we'll come back. Grab your calls next Hang on here on the Cacoday Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. We got to Pete calendar coming our way in about ten minutes. We'll chat with him and there the rumor mill is a buzz. See what I did there. It is a buzz that there is a super duper, super awesome special guest that potentially could fill this empty gap in our show schedule at eight fifty eight to fifteen. So we don't know who it is. And Ross has an infestation in his studio so of one B for some reason. So I don't know if it means anything, but we'll see. All right, to the phone, here we go, John, Thanks for hanging on. What's up?
Speaker 10: I'm sorry my name doesn't start with a be sing it. Oh yeah, it's a farmer anyway. Uh yeah, Well, like TAK two kischen, I haven't been able to call in a while change the schedule because how work has been going. I've been in freight for almost thirty four years and I worked with about thirty of them. Would on the largest of the two package slash Creak company. I got you, and so I see a lot. If you want to see how the comedy's doing, or ask how the comedy is doing, it's not just me. Go talk to a truck driver and they'll tell you. We have a third of our hub sitting at the house yesterday. This is supposed to be our busiest season, right. We got a different division where they're busy seasons and around Christmas, but ours is now. And I've never seen any economy like this. And a lot of people are fooled because they see Amazon, fed Ex ups, post Office and so on going through the neighborhoods on a box here and them two over heres.
Speaker 1: That's not free. That's different. That's different.
Speaker 10: That's not the indicator. And I'm telling you, and we have cut thirty some hubs, shut them down over twelve thousand. We have cut jobs, and our competitor cut over twelve thousand. Roadway yoa freaklines been in business for ninety nine years. They're gone, and I'm going down the list.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no here just because I'm tired on time. I hear you, John, and I think that people do get fooled when they see all the Amazon trucks. It's one thing to be there's one thing to be said for efficiency, Like Amazon would have a hub somewhere so it would limit some of the freight necessary, but that's not what's going on here. And I would and thanks for the call. I would encourage people. Du if you know somebody in the trucking industry, especially if you know somebody who's very standardized on freight that you would purchase, you might want to chat with them, Jamal, I got about a minute and a half, so you're gonna get cut off you go too long. But go ahead, sir.
Speaker 6: You know what, Casey, I watched the Democrat Party last night and I got kicked off because I watched a real show. And people need to stop saying American people are not that stupid. Yet the American people are. And I'm going to tell you something that Congressom wants up there, Tolkien.
Speaker 11: Why an't we gonna start holding.
Speaker 6: Republicans accountable for what they're not doing? Why hasn't Joe Biden been impeached? Why wasn't Barack Obama been in peached? We keep getting all these committees were cheap, getting all these comman is it bind stuff out and they sand strongly worded letters and they support lawsuits. While won't these people impeached? They always sit here and do this and truth be told, you know, because I've been a hole and I've been listening, and.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. You know, I answer it. You have many I'll answer because I asked a congressman that question.
Speaker 3: I had not this.
Speaker 1: It was not Richard Hudson. I just want to be clear here, but I asked a member, a member of Congress, this question.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 1: And the thought process among some of them is that impeaching Biden right now would look like kicking an Alzheimer's patient. A lot of rumors circulating about a big, big, big, big time guest coming up here on the show. In fact, let's go ahead and check the guest hotline. Is this thirty two time Grammy Award winning singer Beyonce? Hello? Is that who?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: No, As I told Ross Leon Panetic, can I interest you in?
Speaker 10: Leon Boy?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: How about a Adam kinsinger?
Speaker 1: Oh that'd be good, Yeah, definitely, I'd love to hear him lecture me some more.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna I know, I'm sorry, I just ain't gonna do it. So I guess we'll have to go with the standard run of the middle radio midday guide down a Charlotte Pete calender. So what what we also although there is a rumor floating that at eight fifty eight to fifteen today on the show, a super big guest is coming, so we don't know who, but we do know that a small insect has taken over Ross's studio, which may or may not be an indicator. Here's the bad thing on all that Beyonce thing. And I broke this down earlier to explain kind of the path to how the rumor, you know, how how all of that unfolded.
Speaker 4: The anatomy of the rumor will.
Speaker 1: The anatomy of the rumor, and it starts the way a lot of things start. Where you have these big accounts, but they're not individual, they're anonymous accounts, right, so you have this staffer account is the one who here we go, let me call this up real quick, angry stafford, which is y just supposed to be someone who's the staffer there and they're giving you secret stuff and it says I've been sworn to secrecy. But you don't want to miss the DNC tonight. You thought the Oprah surprise was big, just wait and then from there other accounts pick it up. But what did it? Is the tweet by Emmy Ruez. If you don't know who Emmy Ruez is, that is the White House Political Director. Okay, So she tweeted simply an emoji of a b and that was mid enough to get you know, the folks like Phil Lewis over a Huffington Posts and others on board. And then somebody took the bait fully and that was TMZ. So from there you have created this hype machine for the speech tonight or for last night, and folks were thinking Beyonce is going to be there and holy hell or Taylor Swift. But then it kind of got down to Beyonce. Now everyone ones reporting it and I'm supposed to believe it was all just, you know, it's just these things get out of control. The White House Political Director tweeted a bee and then when called on it said, and I quote, oh, my six year old daughter accidentally did that? Did it right in the middle of the hype Accidentally were supposed to believe that. And here's the way that CNN, who should be mad as hell that they're getting punked because they were essentially running this garbage. This is how they chose to deal with it when it came out.
Speaker 8: In anticipation here and elsewhere that there may be a special guest. I am told by Democrats that Kamala Harris was their guest.
Speaker 1: They did, all right, So if you're CNN, you should be angry. You remember how angry CNN would get when they when they were carrying a Trump speech and he'd say something that thought was a lie, and then they would just cut out of it, which they don't do anymore now that people are shooting at him, which is really weird. But and and and they would they would be offended at it. Well, why aren't they offended here?
Speaker 4: Well, we know why, I know, but it needs to because it's the Harry REI standard. Right when the late Harry Reid, Yeah, it worked, he didn't get elected. In the famous words of Harry Reid, who had spread the lie that Mitt Romney, the presidential nominee for the Republicans at the time trying to beat Barack Obama in the twenty twelve re election campaign, and Harry Reid came out and claimed that Mitt Romney had not paid all of his taxes and all this, and it started this this wildfire of a rumor, and it set all of these reporters out to go dig into his his finances, tried to get his tax returns, all this stuff, and after the election we find out no, it wasn't true. Rodney had paid all of his taxes. There was no problem with his taxes. And when asked about it, Harry Reid said.
Speaker 10: Well it worked.
Speaker 4: He didn't get elected, did he, And that was the.
Speaker 1: I want to want to say that he publicly said it. That's not somebody repeating a one on one conversation. Harry had said it during an interview. I think it was at a university, right, he was on a panel or something. He just said it and he owned it. Right, Yeah, it will worked.
Speaker 4: Right. So that's the standard that you're dealing with. So this is, you know, the idea. This is what is so you know, kind of comical to me is like when I saw Kin Zingers up there and he's saying, well, the Republican Party isn't a party of conservative principles anymore, so you've got to vote for the socialist. It's kind of like that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. But people, this is the thing the Democrats are running right now, as you know, the party with the candidate that's all about the vibes right, there are no policy positions. There are more think tankers from conservative organizations with policy papers on the Harris website than there are any policies from the Harris campaign, and they don't have to. None of this strategy works unless you've got a compliant media And that's the real corruption here, because what the Democrats have done over the last six weeks would never have been possible had the media en mass marshaled their forces to promote this idea that we have just seen. Is totally fine, totally normal, and Joe Biden stepped aside voluntarily for the good of the country. But they won't exactly say why, right, Oh, well he might lose. They were where he's going to lose. Why Why was he going to lose? Oh because you've been hiding his cognitive decline for the last four years. Again, that doesn't that doesn't work unless you've got the media willingly going along with it too. It is the biggest political corruption scandal in my lifetime that I've seen, and I've seen a couple of them so far, with the Steele dossier, the Irs targeting the Tea partiers and remember, just to trace it back to the Obama administration. That is who we're talking about. It's the same crew, these are the same tactics. And so they're trying to paint Kamala as the second coming of Obama, and the irony there is that the second coming of Obama was actually Joe Biden. He was a husk of a candidate and the aids and staffers are around him that were Obama retreads. They pushed the administration to do the things that the country obviously did not want. They didn't like his policies. And so we're to believe now that Kamala, being a black AA p I descendant that and female, that that somehow is going to make her the light Bringer part two and she will be just as an inspirational figure as Obama was. And then of course she gets up there and speaks, and it's like, oh my gosh, this is a lecture. This is not a rally, you know, this was it was. It was a bizarre kind of a speech to me. I know a lot of people on the left are all happy about it. She did find but it wasn't like it was bizarre.
Speaker 1: To mean deliver She delivered it effectively.
Speaker 4: Yes, but yes, yes, but if you're trying to whip everybody right, if you're trying to whip everybody into a frenzy. It didn't work. I mean the parts where the crowd was actually trying to get into it, she would just keep plodding along delivering the lines. And that's you know, that's one of the things that made Obama and makes him a great speaker, is that he It's like he interacts. He engages with the audience through their applause and cheering, and he rides those waves and he gets louder at the right times and softer at the right times. And she just she all seemed like she wanted everybody to just shut up so she could get through her speech.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean there's an open bar back there.
Speaker 2: So well, okay, now, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, do you do you what do you what do you make of that? Because now you're getting into some of the other stuff. Do you think that she's been like some of these some of these cases where they said that she's clearly hammered. Do you believe that?
Speaker 4: I so, at this point, I don't have evidence to support that, because, I mean, these people keep crazy schedules, you know, and you can't talk I mean, you know this. I know this. You can't talk as much as uh, you know the vice president or president or candidate does without making certain slips and flubs and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 6: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's a it's a troll campaign largely in order to highlight the fact that these types of lies like JD Vance and the Sofa like these lies gained purchase over on the left and in the mainstream media in a way that the lies promulgated on the right tend not to. And I think that might be the purpose of the campaign, is to highlight the double standard.
Speaker 1: Wait are you saying Tim Walls and the horse thing never happened.
Speaker 4: I'm betting it did not.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, right, I was looked a little suss on the Twitter as well. Let's talk about some of the Let's talk about some of the ancillary folks. A couple theories. One, Gavin Newsome not giving a big speaking position because he would have absolutely outshown her. I I don't think there's a question there. And two, I want to know what cabinet position Roy Kupper's been uh been?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Did you did you see the reporters arguing over the pronunciation of his last name.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, I did not, but that's uh.
Speaker 1: Mark alper and Mark Alpern said Cupper, and then the host said I'm sorry, do you mean Cooper and he goes, no, it's Copper. Oh yeah, not that either, though, yeah, I know it's not. But it's like, now we're here doing this. I didn't. I didn't know about it either until my producer Ross Highest told me. So it's yeah, it's pretty pretty big s.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's like a Cooper, it's not.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on, we can settle all of this right now. Where do I have it? I swear? Oh here, No, I thought I had this on my button or hang on. Well anyway, but you know what, you know how it goes.
Speaker 4: It's the Cooper River Bridge.
Speaker 1: It's like a I'm not playing I'm not going to play your game, Pete anyway, So what do you what do you think of those Gavin News somewhat have out shown her and I'm almost one hundred percent that old Roy's got himself a cabinet position?
Speaker 10: What do you so?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think so on the second part, and then he can kind of hang out there, you know, if she wins he can hang out there until he runs for US Senate. I'm thinking, you know, tries to win that seat in North Carolina. As for Newsome, that might very well be the case, but there were a lot of Honestly, like I said, I posted on Twitter last night as I was watching her speech, that was the kind of speech that I would expect on a Monday night in the you know, in the in the ghetto of the lineup where they put people that they don't really care about, you know, Joe Biden. That was the That was the kind of speech There wasn't like all she was doing was running through all of the stuff that had already been said for the last four days. There wasn't anything new. We didn't learn anything about her, and she didn't give us any kind of you know, vision or policies or anything. So and she barely was able to I mean when look, when Roy Cooper is your hype guy, I think like you're you're you're telling us that you need to be able to clear a an enthusiasm bar. That's pretty low, right. You don't want someone out there that gets the crowd hyped up, who's more enthusiasm generating than the main speaker herself, and to that point, I think that might be the case with Newsom. I think that's why they also probably didn't put like Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton on the same night. It seemed like, you know, last night, there was just a lot of people that were truly undercards that were there. You know, they did not want to.
Speaker 2: I thought there was more.
Speaker 4: Energy on on Wednesday and Tuesday than there was last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and who did Trump put directly in front of him, Hulk Cogan.
Speaker 2: So that's right.
Speaker 1: Thick your fighter here, all right. We got just a few minutes, a couple of things, and I'm curious your your your big takeaways from the whole thing. One, I am actually impressed that, uh they what didn't happen in Chicago? I thought that the I thought that the protesters out, I thought there'd be blocks of Chicago burned down, But I also saw some big they clearly show the Chicago police were not screwing around. No, so right, A little surprised by that. I know they breached the fence on the first day, but they really didn't do anything of consequence. And the RNC that I was at where I got pepper sprayed and then rubber balld in the leg in Minneapolis. It was I was there watching them attempt to destroy police cars at the state Capitol and burning down or trying to burn down the Macy's and this this should have been much more charged. It wasn't. So what did you think of that? And what was your moment for you that made you roll your eyes or you thought it was good? But let's let's handle right.
Speaker 4: So I think you know, when the results still make sense, reassess your assumptions. I think the assumption is that the protesters are you know, are trying to disrupt both of the political parties, uh, and they are interested in destruction and all of that. And I think that that is true with some of them, but obviously not the large portion. I mean, they had, you know, tens of thousands of these signs that went unheld because people didn't show. To me, it proved that the vast majority of the people that go to these protests are in fact Democrats, and they go to these protests, they engage in the behavior, but they're not going to protest their own when they can go to the RNC and they can engage in that kind of antisocial behavior and violent behavior. They will do so because it's quote the enemy the Democrats are seeing too much as their allies. And so I think that's why you do have some hardcore obviously that show up and engage in this stuff, but it's not a critical mass. And also that the Democrats now believe in walls, and I don't mean tim walls. They believe in gates and fences to provide security for them, and they believe in lots and lots and lots and lots of funded, well funded police officers once again to defend them. And that has always been the case, right, They've always believed in these security measures for themselves. They just want everyone else to have to suffer without them. So I think that's why we saw what we saw. So on the first day, I was like, oh, I wonder if this is going to be the you know, the way this goes, and I people telling me, no, no, it's gonna get much worse. I wasn't so sure it would. But but I think that's why I think that they don't attack their own.
Speaker 1: Really Okay, yeah I would, I would tend to agree with you. And it definitively didn't get worse. And so that was a huge surprise. Anything that did surprise you that you saw. I mean, there's a lot of crazies. I would say about half the delegates were actually undercover guys from Daily Wire. Maybe right. It was a little surprising.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think the thing that surprised me was the first off, the there was a beautiful national anthem done.
Speaker 10: There was an awful.
Speaker 4: National anthem done as well. The thing that I think most of was the overt reclaiming of patriotism, this idea like they handed out all these American flags and they're like, look at us, we love America. And you got Kinzinger up there saying they love the Democrats love America too.
Speaker 1: They don't even burn them either. I got about fifteen seconds. But yeah, why yeah, yeah, why would you have.
Speaker 4: To reclaim the idea that you're a patriot? Where who gave that away? Democrats? Who did that?
Speaker 1: Well, they were they loaned it out, you know how it is. Pete Calender, I got to roll man, have a good weekend, and then we will be back hanging up. I mean, let me tell you, in the grand scheme of butch stuff that you can do in the outdoors, you hit the pinnacle sir, you hit the pinnacle. I'm not I'm not even gonna lie to you. I have thought about this. What would happen if I was in the woods growing up Wyoming? What you know, what? What would I have to do? What would I need to have on me to survive a brown bear attack, a grizzly bear attack. I've been in situations where there's clearly horses react differently the black bears than they do to brown bears. I don't know if you know this, and they are really really skittish because they know. And so I carried, among other things, I carried u uh and this is what I currently. This is my bear is my bear country gun. You're ready. Ten millimeter that's what you want. There's some other options, but with the newest, the newest stuff, you can get the clock. It's fine a ten millimeter. Take that with you if you're going to be in bear country. So remember the story about the dude who got you, who was shot getting attacked by a bear.
Speaker 2: So now we know more.
Speaker 1: He's his name's Tyler Johnson. He's hunting with his dad. He grew up in Alaska. He grew up in the Kenai Peninsula, so I mean, you probably couldn't grow up any anywhere else and know more about bears, right, Kenai and all of that, And then obviously off to Kodiak. I mean, these this is this is world class bear country. So they're out hunting. I don't even know. I don't think they're hunting for bear, but they're out hunting, and unfortunately, sometimes you get into these these fields where you have high grass and sometimes there's a bear in there. And that's what happened. So he's telling his story here about what happened. The way he got shot is the bear popped out of the grass and jumped on him, literally dove on him like you know, so worst case scenario. And he says he was able to unholster his ten millimeter and start firing shots into the belly of the bear. Unfortunately, when it jumped on him, it pinned his leg back, so he shot through his leg. I want to repeat this. And then he's I saw a video of him and he's showing the gunshot. He was just standing there with a gun hold with it, you know, through it's a very close passer on the calf, but that's what he's doing. And now he's sitting in the fill in the field and he's waiting for you know, helicopter to come in there, because obviously he can't walk out of there. Now, Ross, is that the butcher's story you've ever heard of?
Speaker 2: So, like you're saying this sort of like what John McLean does at the end of the One Hard movie where he's like shoots through himself to get to the guy that's behind him.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think. I don't know that this guy made this kid make a conscious decision to do that. But the end result is you have a you have a walk it off bullet wound. You just fought a bear Monoemno, you're gonna hate, You're gonna have no problem with the ladies. You know what I'm saying, That is a super badass story. And then he says the following yeah, yeah after it, Right as it was happening, I felt him die on top of me, like Gimli and the Wargs.
Speaker 2: What is that? What is? I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 1: You just took the most badass story that most people will ever be able to tell, and you put a Lord of the Rings reference in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So.
Speaker 1: The dwarf and the Wargs are like these big hellbies things a fight, that's what you w It was just like giving me the crown.
Speaker 2: I'm like the new king of Macho. You're the new macho man.
Speaker 1: You're just that's the dude to demand cards. Yes, yeah, and you went give me in the wargs. You you took that whole experience, which you could have parlayed to the you know, the best bar story ever, the best scar story ever, How amazing a scar story is that you got scars. I got scars in my body. Got one because I was a ten and I'm like, let's see if I could take a small motorcycle and jump a curb. You can't. I mean, he can, but I didn't. That day, I got one where I put a ripsaw through my hand building a mountain cabin deck and I just put it up with electrical tape and glue. So you know, these scars have stories, but you would have had a scar that was Yeah. I was just walking a line, minded my business and a bear jumped on me. One of the largest bears in the world from a species perspective, was literally going to eat me, and I'm like, not today and so I shot through my own calf to murder him, and then you just leave it at that. Be the man of mystery. Don't bring a Lord of the Rings into this, Sir, You're not Gimli, You're not a dwarf. And also if Ross doesn't know it, it's too nerdy.
Speaker 2: We're talking about you know we what was the interview with Stephen Kent right where he was talking about the magic the gathering tournaments and he said, you know, please, that's below me. I'm a D and D sort of guy, right, there's a hierarchy there. Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about, you nerd?
Speaker 1: How many could you name a beast that you wouldn't want to fight? Monoe Mono from Dark Souls right now?
Speaker 2: Or twenty?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I can, yeah, see because that's Ross's wheelhouse. And but what it has also been nerdy? If he said I'm just like so and so fighting such and such and it was a Dark Soul's reference, would that be nerdy? That would be nerdy?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ross won't even admit it. How's our guests looking at six fifty eight fifteen? Now, now I've heard I've heard the rumblings I've heard things that they're once again a super secret superstar incredible guest coming up at eight fifty eight fifteen, Rightums, I don't want to I don't want to confirm anything, but I've heard, well, it's not you confirming, man, but.
Speaker 2: Life changing, game changing, Yeah, taking the show to a different level, is it, Gimli? I wouldn't know if it were. I think it's bigger than that.
Speaker 1: It's not the words anymore and then will but for them, Yeah, so it could be life changing blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Probably maybe possibly a big guest.
Speaker 1: What what could go wrong here? Has TMZ weighed in? Or are they gonna know? They're holding off? Okay, we we need somebody from the White House to send out something.
Speaker 10: What is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? I know it's a little chili this morning, but why there's a beef buzzing around Ross's studio?
Speaker 3: Look at that?
Speaker 1: I'm sure that doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 2: Could it possibly be famous WWF Tag Team? The Killer Bees? Could be?
Speaker 1: It could be yeah, it could be basically anything with the B B you know Moniker there with that little code there, So uh well, then I was thinking it could be Reagan, but now no, Now I don't think it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be Reagan's.
Speaker 1: So what if it is it Bill the Butcher. That would be an amazing interview, wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It was the protagonist from getting some New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that would fit Bill the Butcher. There's two bees right there. What would you ask him first? You want to get out his good side at the beginning of that interview, man, or just hey if you bring steak, that would be amazing too. All right, eight forty two kc O day radio program. A couple of quick audio clips and we're at ray stage here, so uh yeah, Kamala, Kamala, kamala. Let's say we did economy women all that. Oh oh yeah. Then, of course, as in the latter end of her speech, she wanted to make sure wanted to make sure that she got her pistol whipping of Trump in. Never mind that literally the Biden administration, I don't know if you saw the story this weekend had just given indication that certain segments of our own government should ready themselves for the potential of a nuclear conflict, which doesn't necessarily mean firing nukes at each other against places like Russia, China and perhaps North Korea. So the administration in which she serves says that this is a problem or a potential problem, and she's running this garden.
Speaker 7: Trump, on the other hand, threatened to abandon NATO. He encouraged Putin to invade our allies, said Russia could quote do whatever the hell they want.
Speaker 1: By the way, he said that, because he said that you would never stop right from doing it. So when you word it your way, it sounds different from the way it was actually worded.
Speaker 2: Whoopsie.
Speaker 7: Five days before Russia attacked Ukraine, I met with President Zelensky to warn him about Russia's plan to invade.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you think Zelensky needed her to show up to tell him that Russia might be coming? But he's Zelensky has zero use for you except a piggybank man.
Speaker 7: I helped mobilize a global response over fifty countries to defend against Putin's aggression, and as president I will stand strong with Ukraine and Ournado allies.
Speaker 1: Some would say that that sounds like somebody wants us to get into a war. I've ever in a proxy war right now, and I wish people would just admit it. And if you think that's a good idea, and sometimes it is then you can you can go along with that because then it's not your boots on the ground. But it escalates, man. So anyway, so she's taking full credit for that, and so I'm assuming if it does escalate to our actual US troops are over there, you'll continue to take full credit.
Speaker 3: For that, right own that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll check in on that later, but first let's check in real quickly with Ray staging from the Weather Channel. All right, is your last chance make everyone's weekend dreams come true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Well I think we will not really getting into the hot stuff. Yeah, but that's coming back. The ridge southwest of US will slight east a little bit. We don't get into the heart of the real hot stuff, but still back into the nineties and maybe the mid nineties next week. So joy, We've got another beautiful morning, another one coming tomorrow morning daytime highs then today and tomorrow a little mid eighties, probably some clouds today, a little more sunshine tomorrow than the upper eighties for many of us on Sunday. Then we'll start hitting ninety, probably as soon as Monday, a little bit nineties through Wednesday, Thursday of next week, maybe later in the week and toward Labor Day weekend, case could get a little bit of rain, but yeah, I'm gonna be scratched her head and be like all that rain we got from Ronesto and now we're going to be talking about normally dry conditions and we need ray. It's just funny how things work. It's either all or nothing right now.
Speaker 1: All the time. That's all we do. Yeah, that's all we do. Yeah, Yes, that's all It's good. That's human nature, human nature. It's I don't have enough rain for my flowers. You have exactly the wall. Just drive on the course, sout right, Yeah right, sorry, very angry right now, Thank you, sir. Having a good weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, you too, all right.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bellinger joins us.
Speaker 15: Next, hang on, well, good morning, Happy Friday, Casey. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell speaks at the Central Bank Symposium and Jackson Hall. He's scheduled to take the podium a little over an hour from now. Powell's addresses hung over the markets all week. Stocks lost some ground yesterday on concerns Powell might use the speech to tamp down expectations for aggressive interest rate cuts, but the futures are all higher this morning. Right across the board, the Dow futures are up one hundred and eighty seven points. The government reports on July sales of newly built homes this morning. Real Tours reported yesterday that sales of existing homes rose in July, at was the first increase in five months. Homeowners did a better job of keeping up with their house payments last month. Intercontinental Exchange says the national mortgage delinquency rate declined in July, though there was a pickup in serious delinquencies. These are loans ninety days past due but not yet in foreclosure. The Federal Aviation Administration says the nation's airports will be very busy over the Labor Day holiday, with the most flights in decades. Next Thursday will be a big getaway day, the FAA predicting there will be more than fifty two thousand flights that day alone, and the agency says about three hundred and sixteen thousand flights will take off over the seven day period that begins next Wednesday could get an important decision from NASA over the weekend about the Boeing spacecraft that took the two astronauts to the International ste Space Station in early June. The Space Agency may determine this weekend whether the astronauts can use the Boeing craft to return to Earth. There have been some issues with Starliner. A posting on the NASA website indicate that a review of Starliner's space worthiness is nearly complete. And Casey, the clogs maker Crocs, also owns the shoe brand Hey Dude, and it has a new marketing deal with the actress Sidney Sweeney. Croc shares moved higher yesterday Wall Street, betting that collaboration is going to boost demand for Hey Dude footwear.
Speaker 1: Casey ses that what she's going to be running in and the Running Man remake. It may be.
Speaker 15: I don't know, honestly, I've never I had not heard of Hay Dude footwear until this story came out.
Speaker 1: Well, you know who Sidney Sweeney is, right, I don't, Oh, Ross, I think should make a good Running Man. So they're used to doing a reboot, so okay, yeah you should. You should search it up, so I will.
Speaker 2: I will do that. I searched. I searched Hey Dude this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, no, go with the Sweeney things. So all right, okay, search off, talk to you Monday. Okay, okay, take care of good. There you go, Jeff Pellinger, who's going to have an amazing weekend? Right there? I can, I can uh anticipation man, a few minutes away, you know, Yeah, I mean, I don't what should I guess? I gotta talk, I gotta fill some time here, a little something, A special guest.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Once again, nothing's confirmed, but we've heard rom.
Speaker 1: Now no, no, no, no, it's just yeah, you don't know. It's just like your kids. You don't know Santa's going to show up. You don't know whether you've been good or bad. So yeah, you wait and see. Man, you have an idea, but nobody's truthful with themselves,