Speaker 1: So shout out to the backside. Also shout out to four Street Live. I hadn't thought about it this week, but there's no way this is not one of their bigger weekends of the year because of so many people that are in Louisville and that stay downtown. And you know, I think it's not unfair to say that four Street right now probably caters more so to people that are traveling to Louisville than you know, people who live here, because honestly, not a lot of people live downtown Louisville. You know, I mean, people do live downtown Louisville, but you know, if you just marketed to that type of crowd, meaning just locals that are just within walking distance, that would be a smaller group of people. So, you know, I went out to my car and they're doing a sound check for a concert that's taken place tonight, and they've also got already like a bar set up in the middle, which you know, for events and whatnot, they do that. But like I leave here every day and even on Fridays more often than not. At six fifteen, six thirty, you know, it's still pretty pretty pretty light out there, but it's going to be packed tonight. And I don't say this just because this is our home now. We broadcast live every day here from four Street Live. But if you don't live here and you've never seen this place and you have no knowledge of like what to expect in downtown Louisville, you have to keep in mind people who walk by here probably think this place looks cool as hell, and it is. I just don't you know, So I just I get why you would not come here all the time, because there's a lot of cool places to go in Louisville all over the city and the surrounding area that have great food, restaurant bar scene. Like you know, I just wish. I wish people kept Louisville and down. I wish people kept downtown Louisville more so in the rotation as far as a place to go.
Speaker 2: And you know, have a good time.
Speaker 1: And again, I know you could clearly get in, you know, be in harm's way in downtown Louisville in certain spots and and that sucks. But I think you could also be in harms way really anywhere around here. That's that's just the reality of it. And I mean, I shouldn't speak for anybody. But I mean, I don't know this for certain, but like I would be highly shocked if, like when they are having events and live performances from musical acts or just you know, a Saturday night where all the bars are open in the restaurants, like I would imagine they've got pretty pretty legit security to make sure that, like, you know, people aren't in danger. I mean, you never know. I mean, hell, you never know at any point in life. But you know, like I'm not going to just because you know, I'm washed and I'm old up. I'm old and I'm washed up, and you know, it would just be a real force. But like I bet it would be fun as hell to hang out at four Street tonight, be out there for the concert and hit up a couple of the bars. And you know, I'm sure a lot of people that are here for the derby that aren't from here will enjoy themselves, and that's great, but it should be a reminder that we have a pretty cool place here too, that like you know, wouldn't be a bad idea to come down here and hit up one of the one of the really good restaurants. I mean, they've opened up a couple of different restaurants that I'm sure people aren't even aware of that that are pretty good. So yeah, they'll have.
Speaker 2: A big crowd tonight.
Speaker 1: And you know, I can already feel it, meaning you just know that there's a lot of people here at least getting here that that that you know, for our big day, which is Derby, and we do we do it big. There's nothing like having a big event that you embrace. And really, you know, I'm sure there there have been people that have been to the Derby that didn't love it and maybe didn't love Louisville, but they're losers.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're being honest.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't take it personal, but like it's a you problem at least I at least from my perspective.
Speaker 2: That's the way. That's the way I would see it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see where do we want to go here, just to quickly, to quickly reset some things. We did talk a little bit earlier about the the NBA Playoffs, just because I think the NBA Playoffs this year there's been some good some good drama, right, I mean, you had some near fights in the first couple of games in these first round series that got me interested because they were competitive games. I mean the Jannis and Halliburton's dad thing. I mean that that's certainly a big story that brought more attention to that that that matchup than than you know.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Of course, it was the end of it, it all, It ended it after that happened. But the Lakers, I mean the Lakers in Lebron, They're going to be talked about regardless of what's going on at a really high level. And I'm just curious, like, is Lebron, like put it this way, if Lebron didn't do what he did last summer by you know, really pressuring maybe forcing the Lakers to draft his son in the second round so he can say that he and his son are both in the NBA on the same roster together and you know they were both there on Opening Night, all that kind of stuff. Like if his son didn't play basketball and he played football and that whole thing was net or he didn't even have a son named Bronnie James, who you know was fresh out of college after one year, I wouldn't be shocked if he did decide to hang it up, Like do you think Lebron is still hungry to like go out there and win a bunch of championships. I'm not saying that like he doesn't care anymore, but like he has enough rings. He's won rings with three different franchises. He's you know, like, even though he's still playing at a really, really high level, his best days are clearly in the rear view more so than ahead of him. He's forty years old and he has nothing really left to prove. So for those and I did it, I did it earlier, but somebody on the text I made a good point. But earlier I thought to myself, you know, he's doing this whole thing where he's got to talk to his family, he's got to do you know, he's going to have to see you know, what the Lakers decided to do because of the roster, and it's a business and things can change, YadA, YadA, YadA, all that stuff. I mean, I still think he's going to come back, but I only base that off mostly just because of the fact that his son is going to be returning to the NBA at least unless he gets cut or waved. So if he didn't have a son that he I guess forced into the NBA, because you know, he's Lebron James. I wonder like if this would be it. I mean, he's still playing at a high level. Despite the Lakers not being a really good team in recent years, he still puts up big numbers. I mean, if you watch him even a little bit, you might be able to tell that he's not what he was in Miami. But like he's still one of the best players on the planet. And usually if that's the case, you continue to play.
Speaker 2: But like, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like when Lebron moved to la despite him getting that ring in the in the in the Disney bubble, Like I just feel like at that point it was kind of a confirmation that like he was still going to play and still going to you know, I mean, clearly it's still his career. He's not at there loafing, but I think he's now more focused on projects that are not basketball and business and fame and all that. And there's none wrong with it, hi, I mean, again, the guy's given a lot of years to the NBA. But Cowherd was really you know, being heavy handed earlier talking about how he, you know, he doesn't believe there's any reason that like anybody should consider Lebron not coming back. And although I agree, I think I only agree just because of the of the situation with his.
Speaker 2: Son BROWNI.
Speaker 1: All right, so real quick, the uh we need to get to a break in just a moment. But one of the things that I thought was interesting is the NFL jerseys as far as the sales for rookies, like the guys who were drafted, and I guess the top sellers probably aren't surprising. Travis Hunter number one, cam Ward number two, and then Shudore Sanders is third, Ashton genty four. And then the receiver McMillan from who went to Arizona, who's drafted a BYuT the Panthers. He's number five, so is Shaudoor Sanders being a fifth round pick and yet having the third most jersey sales, Like, isn't that more confirmation that like he's I mean, they're succeeding in a major way as far as just relevant and you know, polarizing, I guess, because I mean you can tell, like the Browns they wanted shad Or Sanders late in the draft.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 1: I don't know about all Browns fans, but like, and again, if it's your team, whoever they draft, you're going to find a way to embrace it.
Speaker 2: But it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: They also drafted a quarterback two rounds before they drafted should Or Sanders, and like nobody's talking about that at all. Like a third round quarterback, that's somebody who's got a chance to be your backup right away and might take over in a year or two. But like Dylan Gabriel, I mean, you've got Brown's players tweeting out a warm welcome to shad Or Sanders.
Speaker 2: Let's ride, let's get it lock in.
Speaker 1: And yet you know, most guys who get drafted in the fifth round aren't on the team. So I don't know, just uh, just one of those things that I can't help but acknowledge. And you know, it's it's a credit. It's a gift to be able to just constantly be in in the uh, in the news cycle, constantly being talked about for good or bad. I mean, whenever it's a known thing that you got to you know, you probably have an opinion, and everybody wants to. I mean, you know, I guess credit to his dad, because I really feel like it's more his doing than anybody else. If I'm being honest with you, any chance like he's their guy next year, Austin, Like any chance that like shad Or Sanders proves everybody wrong and you know, shows that, you know, people who passed on him are going to regret it because I know I don't think so I don't either, but I'll admit, you know, there might be a scenario where it's just wishful thinking on my end. But that's why I kept reiterating that it'd be different if, like he was viewed as this can't miss prospect, but he wasn't. He was viewed as maybe the fourth or fifth best quarterback in a quarterback class.
Speaker 2: That's not elite by any means.
Speaker 1: So you know when you're drafting guys that are rayed that that you know because mel Kiper is the guy who had him as a first round talent and some others did, but a lot of the NFL told us that they didn't see him that way because they took quarterbacks ahead of him, right, So that tells you what they thought of him.
Speaker 2: So you could take away the whole.
Speaker 1: Deon Sanders should or Sanders component of like you know, all the baggage that comes with that, and you know they looked at him as a guy that they're drafting to be a backup. Sometimes it didn't play out that way, but like Sanders is also somebody that, like I think, you would probably expect it to be a disaster as far as him embracing being a backup, Like I think he could walk into Kansas City and we'd all think, is this guy serious? But there's no doubt, like he would probably act as if he's going to take the job and that he's better than Patrick Mahomes because that's just their personality.
Speaker 2: That's just what they do, you know.
Speaker 1: And it was almost like these guys are something wrong with these guys. And what I mean is like Colorado, they would get beat by six touchdowns seemingly and they would still be bouncing around and yap and as if they won, they were up twenty and you know, after the game, they'd still be posting stuff on social media. Like the video that Oregon did was the most telling thing I've ever seen about about Colorado and the program as far as how they how they sort of, you know, carry themselves without any real reason to carry themselves that way, as far as just being arrogant because it wasn't just the Dan Lanning quote, which was awesome. You know, they're playing for clicks, we're playing for wins and that kind of stuff, which is true. But the Oregon like cinematic video they put out that showed like the before the you know, the the the coin toss midfield, like they had cameras close enough, they probably had players miked up because you could hear Colorado talking reckless noise, like just talking crazy trash as they're getting blown out, and it just like that's just not only is that a bad look, Like I don't even know how that's possible, Like how do you have Like I just think it speaks to the culture as far as like they don't you know, they want to win and they got talent, but really it's just about no matter what the result is, we're going to carry ourselves.
Speaker 2: This is we're just we're.
Speaker 1: Elite, we're divas, and you know it works clearly, and I don't mean like it works as far as like success on a football field, but Deon Sanders and his son are proof that, like they've got a gift to always be you know, talked.
Speaker 2: About good or bad.
Speaker 1: They're going to stay in the news and you know, I mean hell, I've talked about him a ton, just because you know it's it's the biggest talking point seemingly in sports the last couple of weeks is what's going to happen with Seidel'd Sanders in the draft? And then we saw what happened, and then of course it became an even bigger thing than most expected. All right, where we get to our next break, Let's hit another Derby profile from the one and only Jody Dimmling.
Speaker 3: Now look at the Kentucky Derby field one by one, Tis Tastic.
Speaker 4: Louisiana Derby winner Tis Tastic. We'll try to get Hall of Fame trainer Steve asbu Soon, the North American leader in victories, into the Kentucky Derby winner circle for the first time. The Dark Bay or Brown son of Tis the Law, the first crop of the Tis of the Law, who was second in twenty twenty. His Tastic was a three hundred and thirty five thousand dollars purchase at the twenty twenty three Keenly in its September Yearling sale be written by Joel Rosario, who has won for thirteen in the derby. He won aboard Orb in two thousand and thirteen, as Musin is O for twenty six in the Derby. He will also run Publisher in this year's Kentucky Derby. Ass Musen has three runner up finishes Epicenter in twenty twenty two, Looking at Lee in twenty seventeen and Narrow in two thousand and eleven. Tis Tastic won his first career race and his second career start back on August twenty ninth at Kentucky Downs in an allowance race. He then won the Kentucky Downs Juvenile Miles Stakes. Just about a week and a half later. He finished second to Sovereignty in the Street Sense Stakes at Churchill Downs on October the twenty seventh. He was third in the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes at Churchill Downs. On November the thirtieth, his Task Tick began his three year old campaign with a third place finish in the Southwest Stakes at Oakland Park. He was fifth in the Rebel Stakes. Ask Newson then shipped him to the fair Grounds where he got rolling late and won the Louisiana Derby by more than two links back on March twenty second. Ask Newson has had some really good horses that he's brought to the Kentucky Derby and he likes his chances with Tis Tastick.
Speaker 5: He's a horse that gave us a great thrill when in twice in eight days at Kentucky Downs. So you know, not only has he got talent, he's got an attitude that would allow allow you to run him twice in eight days and something like that. I mean, he's just extremely tough. Louisiana Derby I think gave him an opportunity to show what he can do over this a significant amount of ground at him out on three sixteenths. I think the difference in him is the ground how far he gets to go when we were excited about the pace that appears to be signed on in the Derby.
Speaker 4: Louisiana Derby winner Tis Tastick.
Speaker 3: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would be okay if this was played on the show every day, but six still Rodriguez's Sugarman is being played because it was my horse and it was a great story as far as how at least for me, I mean the story six through Rodriguez a story is great as we've discussed throughout the week, but it was an obvious reason for me to just lock in and say, okay, this is my Derby pick, because first of all, it's it's you know, I'm not when it comes to looking at things that a lot of people look at. I wouldn't even know how to do that. But we just found out during the break breaking news that Rodriguez has scratched and will not be in the derby, So Backward's going to have just one horse in the field, and uh, the departure the scratch of Rodriguez now has besa I may not be saying that correct, but uh, I think.
Speaker 2: It's ba baisa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds right because I feel like I've heard somebody mention that if somebody does scratch, that would be the horse that gets in. And here we are, and it sounds like there's like real belief that this this horse could compete. So I, uh, I'm bummed about Rodriguez, I really am and it and I you know, obviously it's it's the right decision, but you know, it would have been cool to see that horse win, just because you know, I probably was a little bit over the top and probably talked about it more than people care. But I'm telling you that the story behind uh behind the name there is is just insane. It's it's six Stough Rodriguez, who American musician who?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Again, we don't need to get into it, but you know that was my horse and I felt confident and now it's now it's scratched, and now I got to regroup here. Now I got to figure out who else I'm gonna, uh gonna you know, ride with. You're all in on what Sandman? Is that? Right? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exit light in or night? Yeah, I just go that. That's good. I mean, it's gotta be one of the favorites, right it is.
Speaker 6: I'm listen Metallica.
Speaker 2: That concert's the best I've ever seen in person. I love them. I love the horse. It's just it's perfect. Sleep with one eye open, baby, sovereignty. Is that how you say that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: That I do like that horse too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was so locked in on on Rodriguez, I didn't even really look at much of anything, just because I was like, I will, hey, you know, this is this, this is clearly the one I want to I want to go with.
Speaker 6: But you still have Toby Key's horse, that you like, Yeah, actually have a friend that works in the training that works with helping like hot walk him. Okay, that that horse like there, it's her dad owns like the Barn, I think or something like that.
Speaker 2: And what was the name of that one? It was Render Judgment, Render Judgment.
Speaker 1: Yes, thirty to one odds it looks like so maybe I do roll with that one.
Speaker 6: That barn won the Derby last year. I think they won the Oaks and the Derby last year.
Speaker 1: So you heard me talk yesterday about my It's pretty random. But some guys I grew up around and one I went to school with, they're into horse racing. Their family the Cassies. Do you know that the trainer for Sandman is Mark Cassie. So yes, I may have to jump in on that one.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 1: Somebody gave me a hard time yesterday for not mentioning the uh, the Cassies having some representation in the Derby, because you know that those are my guys. But you know, I honestly didn't even realize until a little bit later in the week. So Sandman is going to be It's something I do, you know, something with as far as a wager, But yeah, I don't know, I'm just bummed about Rodriguez.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I was starting to fall for Rodriguez. I went and told my fiance about it at the track when we were where there for Tuesday, and I these a little buzz going, hey baby, you want to hear a trivial fact about this horse. And then I spewed everything that you told me about because it's a wild story. It's a great story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate it. But this is from Tom Ryan on Twitter. It looks like he is the managing partner of SF Racing along with Bob Baffort, and he says, out of abundance of caution, we have made a very tough decision to scratch our derby horse, Rodriguez. He has a small but slightly sensitive foot brewis that will need a few more days. Therefore, we are resetting our plans and we'll target him for the Preakness. So I've now become interested in the Preaknas just to see if Rodriguez can get healthy and go out there and.
Speaker 2: You know, and get it done. Just want to see him run once.
Speaker 1: Which horse do you feel like it has been like talked about the absolute least because you know lux or Cafe, like that's got decent odds, it looks like, but I've not heard anybody talk about that, like, yeah.
Speaker 6: Because that's a japan horse that everybody is just kind of like iffy on.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like you know, again, I said, I don't want to make it sound as if I'm I'm I'm I'm giving you guys a take, because I don't I wouldn't know, but it does sound as if those that are in the horse racing world they do believe that jet that, you know, the japan will have a Derby winner at some point, just because they've you know, like they've they've made enough, but they've they've clearly had had some real presence in horse racing in recent years. But yeah, Chunk of Gold, I mean, I haven't I know nothing about that one.
Speaker 6: Doesn't that sound like a Derby winner though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cole battle leg M, so Render Judgment is the Toby Keith horse. I can get down with that.
Speaker 2: It's next best story.
Speaker 1: I think Clynn Mohawk's a great name. I just don't know a whole lot about you know, the story behind it. You can show them, Yeah, and then let's see final gambit. Don't know much about that one. That one brad Cox though, and he's certainly had momentum in recent years.
Speaker 2: Who brad Cox. Oh yeah, Louisville, Louisville legend.
Speaker 6: There's also another one Burnham Square didn't get scratched it it's still think so yeah.
Speaker 2: I twelve the one odds. Decent odds there.
Speaker 6: I like Burnham Square.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't talked any about the Oaks. I don't know if if I mean, I could be wrong again because I'm not one that would be keeping up with this as much as others. But I feel like usually by now you hear a lot more about the Oaks field and I don't. I couldn't name a horse in the Oaks. But again that's probably you know, just me. But it looks like right now, according to uh, the latest odds, the uh, let's see who is the favorite right now? Good cheer, I think, And that's a brad Cox horse there. So yeah, the Oaks, you know, it doesn't it's a it's a big race within you know, the sport, it seems, but man, it just it's a distant second compared to the Derby, which for good reason, because the Derby's you know, it's the freaky Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: It's that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: But yeah, hopefully mother nature decides to be nice, because right now it doesn't look great. I'm gonna check real quick to see if there's any kind of an update, because I need somebody to do at least lie to me and tell me, hey, there's a chance that you know, the rain holds off. There's a chance that maybe you know, it just misses us. What are some other things people say when they just want to lie to themselves about bad weather that's on the way. I have a friend who I mean, he has no background in meteorology, but he will absolutely find whatever way he can to tell you, not even like to bag on the meteorologists, but just to like, oh, yeah, it looks like it's just gonna be little pop up shower.
Speaker 2: We'll be fine. We're sitting in a hurricane.
Speaker 1: Like. He'll always find a way to to just try to convince himself that that and everybody.
Speaker 2: Else show yeah, oh it's just some light. Yet we actually need a little bit of this rain. But it'll be out of the way soon, Yet we need this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's actually cool to off, hadn't it, Like, Yeah, I don't even mind this ring because now I'm actually kind of cooled off a little bit, like he'll he's optimistic in a way I did not know possible when it comes to too bad way with him in the group. Yeah, I mean I was clowning him, you know, in a playful ways, my friend. And but he was on our trip us to Navarre Beach for spring break and we had bad weather, as I discussed, and I remember asking him like, you know, like what.
Speaker 2: Basically, why do you lie to you?
Speaker 1: Like, why do you like, why don't you just accept it, like it's gonna be it's gonna be bad weather? And he was like, honestly, I don't even look at the forecast. I'm like, what do you mean He's like, you just say. I was like, you just make stuff up about like it being better, and he was like, well yeah, and sometimes I'm right.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, well fair enough. But he said something that.
Speaker 1: Like we need to look at the forecast, I think, because we need to know like what we need to wear for the day, right, or you know, are we gonna be able to cut the grass?
Speaker 2: Do we need to cut the grass now?
Speaker 1: Because for the next four days it's gonna rain like things like that, but like we can't change it, you know what I mean, Like we can't, like there's nothing we can do about it. And we know that the people who tell us what's what they expect to happen, I mean even they would tell you if there's no perfect way to do it, So like maybe it would be like maybe if you just never thought about the weather and you just you lived your life and accepted whatever Mother Nature decided to give you each and every day, Like maybe it would be maybe you'd be better off. Although I think it's impossible to not have that, like not have that impact your morale. I mean, there's areas of Alaska I think it is that at certain times in the year, for like months, they don't get any daylight.
Speaker 2: It stays dark.
Speaker 1: And then there's also stretches throughout the year where it never gets it never gets dark and it stays light but like during the and it makes total sense. There was a show I used to watch a lot called Alaskan State Troopers. Again, I've watched a lot of crime shows and jail shows and whatnot law enforcement just to keep myself comfortable, a comfortable fear of law enforcement, just to make sure I never end up in jail, because I don't.
Speaker 2: Think I would do well there.
Speaker 1: But they were describing an area that they were the state troopers were having to take a helicopter out to because that's the only way to get there, and that in this area for like three or four months, it stays dark completely and people lose their minds, like you know, they become depressed, they drink themselves to death sometimes and it's awful and it's sad. But like I do think if you didn't see daylight and it was just dark. I mean, that would be a sad existence, would it not. So the weather matters, you know, you can't control it, and you know, we're all just at the mercy of Mother Nature. Whatever she decides to do. That's that's just the way it is. But you know, I just wish she'd give us a little bit of a break here, because she's been hard on us. Man this, as I said at the beginning of the show, I mean, we've had in the today, we've officially completed the first four months of twenty twenty five, and I maybe this is a recency thing, maybe it's you know, dramatic, but I kind of feel like these have been the first.
Speaker 2: This is the worst.
Speaker 1: For this is the worst four month stretch we've had since I can you know, I can remember, just because I mean, we've had a really brutal winter with a lot of snow, a lot of cold weather, and a ton of rain, flooding tornadoes, and you know, just give us, just give us a break on Derby Day, that's all. If we don't ask for much, do we? I mean I don't think we do.
Speaker 2: So all right, let's do this. Let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll come back on the other side, and here's some more Derby profiles and put some finishing touches here on the Thursday edition. A Thirby edition of Coffee and Company fuel abut Thorntons right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: Now back to Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 1: So initially I was surprised by this, but I guess I shouldn't be at all given the behavior. So one of the biggest stories this week has been the kerfuffle, if you will, between Tyre's Halliburton's father and Jannes Ante de Counpo on Tuesday evening after the Bucks were eliminated by the Pacers, and again, like that was I mean, the biggest loser in the whole thing, in every way was was Tyre's Halliburton's dad. And I think there's a there's an element to him, like just being a really support dad that maybe some people wouldn't view it as being such a jerk, but like it was. I mean it was not only was it something that like he has no business doing, he has no business even being there in that spot, but also like he took away people remembering that his son, who was a really good player, just had like his best moment as an NBA player in the playoffs by willing his team to a victory to advance past the Milwaukee Bucks. Well, the Pacers have now decided to ban his dad from attending home and road games for the foreseeable future. Are you surprised by that, Austin, Yeah, I know that's a lot. Yeah, well I think, I mean what really stern warning may have been sufficient, Yeah, but what really, Like I guess again, what he did is not something you really ever see. I mean, to be honest with you, like he was nobody really knew who he was. Halliburton is kind of viewed as kind of a you know, corny guy tos some but like he's not viewed as somebody who's like an issue as far as like behavior or anything like that. In fact, I don't think he could have handled it any better after the game. But you know, he's the franchise player for the Pacers, and you typically this day and age, want to keep your franchise players happy and you want to do whatever you can, especially in a market like Indy. I'm a Pacers fan. I think that's one of the reasons why we're going to always have a tough time getting over the hump and being one of the best teams in the NBA, because he's just you know, now with the players having all the power, they go to bigger markets, and you know, they they don't want to be in a place like Indy if they could go to LA or New York or Boston or something like that. So, I mean, Tyre's Halliburton was pretty pretty upfront, and I think he was sincere in saying that, like he spoke to his dad and he didn't think his dad was in the right and you know, he'll continue to address it, but I don't know, I just looking at it from a basketball standpoint, Like the Pacers just basically told their franchise player, a guy who they probably see is the future of their franchise, his dad can't come to any games home.
Speaker 2: Or away for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 1: Which, again, you understand the action, you understand why they're taking some type of action, but that does seem a little Again, I can't say that they're wrong in doing it. It's just because I feel like, you know, you would be a little bit more mindful of how you punish him or how you know, he's not being punished, but he kind of is right. Like, I'd be shocked if Halliburton is like happy that they're doing this. And imagine like if he's a pro and he's you know, truly like understanding of the situation, he wouldn't. He probably would get it and say it sucks. But look, my dad did what he did. But you know, a lot of people don't see things that way. I mean again, I I do. I wouldn't have even judged him a whole lot if he defended, like maybe not defended his dad, but like he he didn't have to. I think be as upfront about like you know, we were in the wrong.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I mean again, that's the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: I just I think your father, especially if you're close with your dad, they could do some things that are real bad and you'll find a way to maybe not justify it, but like not really you know, against you.
Speaker 2: It's you, it's your you know, it's your loved when's your family.
Speaker 1: You're gonna you know, there's certain things that there's certain people that no matter what they do, you may understand that there's consequences and they deserve whatever repercussion comes their way.
Speaker 2: But like it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Hard not to love them and support them and want it to not be the way that it is. But yeah, that that just came in a little bit earlier. That they're done with his dad for the foreseeable future. All Right, we're out of time, you guys, Enjoy your evening. Let's let's hope that mother nature cooperates these next two days.
Speaker 2: We shall see