Speaker 1: All right, it's Friday and we are about to do the Minnesota Goodbye. And interesting little factoid, we had to purge the computer of audio files yesterday because we got almost through the Minnesota Goodbye and then it said.
Speaker 2: It says it's a disc full. Ye.
Speaker 1: So I was going to tell you about Liz Tredinic. Yeah, remember listinck so and I forget the context of this one, but we're maybe what we're talking about the radio people.
Speaker 3: About the way that people look I think, right, okay, and MOREK and radio and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't remember exactly, but I'll finish up the story. So when I first when I was in high school, I listened to a radio station in Colorado called Z ninety three, which was the KATIEWB of Colorado Springs along with another station, kys N. So I would listen to a woman in the morning and she was like the Jenny of the show. Her name was Liz Tridonic and she was on with a guy named Gary Wall. And I listened every morning and Liz, like most radio people, sound quite attractive and so so I even did a creepy thing I called the midday Girl Sheila Summers, And I'm like, hey, hey, you list Fordinic sounds hot.
Speaker 2: What does she look like?
Speaker 1: And Sheila, She's like, oh she's my roommate, and yeah, she's really cute. She's got short blonde hair, blah blah blah. Okay, all right, I mean, what a fucking weird like, you know, sixteen year old, like seventeen year old, because back then you didn't know what radio people look like. There was no internet, there is no whatever.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: Time goes by and I get a job at KYSN and we're at a telethon and I sit right next to Liz for Dinnick from Z ninety three, and I'm like, it's lose to But here's the thing, liszt Fordinic, And if by any chance she ever hears this, please forgive me. She was a very ordinary looking person. And there's not that's not a slam. I'm an ordinary looking person. And I was like, but here's the thing. She was so sweet and she helped me with something of the telethon that I didn't know how to do, and she was just so sweet. And it's like I always had a fond memory of last time I'll say it Liz, and I wonder where she.
Speaker 2: Is now I just try to google her.
Speaker 4: How do you see last thing?
Speaker 1: I think it's TRD tr d e N I see maybe.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's definitely not how I would have expected that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was weird, like Russian or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even if you look up a radio lizdic radio ancestry.
Speaker 1: Anyway, okay, anyway, shout out Liz. All right, let's move on. Here comes a girl who I definitely know how to say her name. Her name is Juanita. And here comes Juanita.
Speaker 2: What up my favorite peeps?
Speaker 5: So I got a look because I thought I had did my rant for this week, but the one that was played was the one that I did last week. So here's the official rant for this week. So this is about hotel check in and checkout times. So, Dave, I was wondering if maybe you can get somebody on the radio that who runs a hotel can explain why the fuck that the checkout check in time is at four but the checkout time is lat eleven. It's like I'm supposed to arrive late in the afternoon, you know, after traveling or whatever, but then I got to get kicked out before I can even wake up.
Speaker 2: And realize what the fuck I am.
Speaker 5: It's like, seriously, you know, you're trying to relax and the clock is ticking in the front desk is practically sending you in the fucking eviction notice at ten fifty nine. It's like, and then God forbid you asked for a late checkout. Then they come back with, well, that would be an extra, you know, twenty dollars. It's like, bitch, please, I'm not paying you an extra twenty dollars. Why the hell can't if you check in at five, then you check out at five, Why can't we get twenty four hours? Why the hell we got and a half a day, not even a half a day. But that's my ride for this week. I love you guys.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 1: I think thank you, we love you back. I think it's because they need to clean the rooms. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. They need you out by eleven and they won't let people back in until three. Now, you can always ask for an early check in or a late checkout, and I've never been charged for either one. Yeah, but sometimes I do get it. You get to the hotel and it's like, you know, all your room's not ready yet and you got to sit there and do something until it's ready. But I think it's because they got to clean the rooms. They got four hours to clean the rooms.
Speaker 4: I always ask for a later checkout. How used to stay in hotels a lot at my old job, and I would have like things to do in the afternoon, but I had nowhere to go from like eleven to one pm, So I'd be like, can I stay for like an extra hour or two? And the worst you'll get is a fine, that's fine, But I always ask for a late one. He he.
Speaker 3: I feel like most airbnbs too. It's the same usually, but they usually airbnbs are so loose and like a good airbnb host will message you and be like, hey, you can check in out whatever time if you want. Like when I went to Tahiti, our host it was like such a blessing because we had taken a red eye flight overnight, so we were exhausted from traveling and our check in wasn't until three pm. But she messaged us the day before and was like, hey, you can check in out anytime.
Speaker 4: Nobody's like in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we get in at like eight in the morning and we're able to go check in right away.
Speaker 4: It was so freaking nice.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't think I've asked for a later checkout time, but I've definitely gone early to a place.
Speaker 4: But like, can I check in as the room ready? And if they say no, yeah, they say no, then just sit there wait.
Speaker 2: For long checkout.
Speaker 1: Long check in lines are the worst because especially you go to Las Vegas and you're like, Okay, you get off the plane, you take a cab, you wait for the cab, you know, you wait in line, You take a cab over to the hotel, and then you walk in. You're pulling your luggage behind you, and then you look at the check in line. It's like oh, and a lot of them now are kind of check Like at the Golden Nugget downtown that's where we like to stay, is automated check in, So you walk up to a big thing like at the movie theater where you buy your.
Speaker 2: Ticket y a kiosk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really at the Golden Nugget and I think it's probably a new thing to eliminate more staff. And it wasn't working right and it had us in whatever, it didn't find our reservation, so then you got to find the semi competent person that's kind of in charge of everything and let them fiddle around with it. But when you check out, we just leave. Yeah, I mean you don't go down to the front desk and check out or call or no.
Speaker 4: I always turn in my key, do you really, yeah, because I mean they could use it again.
Speaker 1: I think I take mine with every time. And the reason is I was stick it in my back pocket till I get home or where I'm going next, because too many times I leave the hotel room and then I go, ah, forgot my phone charger. Yeah, and then I got to go back up. This way, I don't have to go to the front desk and say, yeah, I was in three oh nine and I need a key. I just take my just go get my phone charger.
Speaker 4: All right. Well here, you're not going to convince me. I like to be helpful, and you like.
Speaker 3: To be I did the same thing as you, Dave, because I'm always I have such a fear of leaving things in hotel room.
Speaker 1: So I've done a million times. You leave something in the closet, your phone charger's plugged in, You dropped your Apple watch behind the night stand, there's a bottle of lube you left next to the Bible and the drawer you gotta have, yeah, because lube is expensive, it is, yes, so it is.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I just bought a bunch of stuff for a bachelor party I have tonight, kind of just like a care package of like hangover things for my girlfriend who's getting married, and I thought like, okay, what's like bacherette style that I could put in it.
Speaker 4: I did not think of lube. However, I did get some baby oil. Okay, nice.
Speaker 3: Well it was specifically massage oil, so it's not because, let's be honest, massage oil is a little bit different than baby oil. Baby oil is a lot more liquidy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, massage oil is thicker. Yeah, so got that in there. Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This one says greetings and pleasantries. We read emails. That's basically what we do during the Minnesota Goodbye. Here is the next email, greetings and pleasantries. Hopefully this is not a dead topic. I'm very grateful to the music gods that this song isn't on all the time anymore. Thunder, I imagine Dragons is one of the most annoying songs that has ever cursed this planet. When Dave mentioned that he liked this song. Recently, I cringed, fuck that song. That high pitched thunder thunder is like nails.
Speaker 2: On a chalkboard.
Speaker 1: To me, I'd rather listen to a squeaky fan while trying to sleep than ever hear that abomination ever again. All Right with Love and out other out Okay with love and other indoor sports Katie, Okay, you know I like that song.
Speaker 2: I think it's cute.
Speaker 1: The little thunder thunder thund.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of the first time I did a triathlon, because it was popular when I was training for it, and I loved it at first. What was on my playlist every single time I'd go off for a run, and then I got real sick of it, so it didn't make it to the actual triathlon playlist.
Speaker 2: Just just the training. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: This is from Liz, a big supporter listener of the show. Liz says, I know Vont can't possibly spray that much Colonne as he says, he's got to be saying it is a trigger. Dear God, please make.
Speaker 2: It a lie.
Speaker 1: Yesterday on the show, I think he was doing a Vonsturs the pot and he said six or seven spurs sprays of cologne is what he does every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and sometimes yes, he does like have rage bait things that he just says just to make people mad. But that one was real life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh we're talking about you, Voneah, we are talking. Came in right at the right time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the Minnesota goodbye. So Liz says, vont has got to be saying the colognees six or seven spurts as a trigger, and she does say at the bottom, she says, she says, this is kind of tongue in cheek, But seriously, Vaunt is showing his age, so let's scroll back up and she but, she says, remembering his partly tongue in cheek. If he is serious about how he smells, he's being extremely rude, arrogant, ignorant, and disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Well you forgot ugly.
Speaker 1: No one but his woman wants to smell him. Why does he keep saying people up on him? Alyssa is the only one that up on him, that wants to smell him. He should only be focused on her. If you have that bad of a bo and need to spray seven times, take a freaking shower, or get some dude wipes. I hope if I ever meet vont it's an outdoor setting, and then she puts laugh emojis because she loves the shell. As someone who works in healthcare and have a fragrance free workplace, anything more than a couple of squirts is too much. I got a friend who sprays too much and thinks I'm not serious when I say it's too strong. I had my face in my shirt when I'm in his car. What a guy likes is not what a woman likes. My husband has even told him as too much. It's disrespectful. I was one of those that's said spray, delay and walk away. That was a quote from Queer Eye. Yes, this was stated again on the new revival. If it's a strong scent, this does work. Not a body spray, because that is deodorant. So anny, smell me right now?
Speaker 2: Is it too much?
Speaker 3: I had to get in to really smell it, so I couldn't smell it when you're just a solid foot away from me. So right now, no, But I'm luckily not getting that close to you. If I was getting that close to you, it would be too much.
Speaker 4: Did you make it less?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I did my usual sports sports sports sports yesterday, it was intoxicatingly strong, because I put on a strong coloone yesterday beause we had somewhere to go. No, I don't say it as a trigger.
Speaker 2: I know it bothers people. I really do do about six or seven. That's because I just don't think the walk through method works.
Speaker 4: That's what I do. Not think it works.
Speaker 3: Great. Maybe people are just horned up as I walk into a room when I wear a perform.
Speaker 4: No, it's your boobs. They were at my chest because they could smell. They're looking at my boobs.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's why they stopped for day. I do have nice boobs. Okay, okay, thank you, aunt. That is all. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Uh leaves and goes back to what he was doing. And let's see, we got time for one more. Here we go. Responding to the gal who wrote in about saying no to being asked out, I was recently traveling for work. Had to go to a couple of dinners on my own. I'm going to brewery to enjoy dinner and beer to myself. I sat at the bar with many open stools, and some guy came and sat right next to me. He proceeded to start talking and kind of I tried to not engage. I gave short responses, but this guy was not taking the hint. He keeps talking. I mentioned I'm not from around here, thinking maybe he would stop talking to me, because what's the point. Anyway, he decides to ask me out for lunch the next day. I said no, I'm leaving tomorrow. He's like, well, let's go to dinner now again. I said no. Somehow, we kept talking. I mentioned my boyfriend why should I have to mention him when I'm not interested? And the dudes still did not get it. I finally was able to settle up the bill call my uber, and he still asked for my number, like why would we continue this when A I'm not single and B I have no idea when I'll be back. He couldn't take a hint, nor did he respect the fact that I was not single. I was so uncomfortable. Really tried to make it clear that I was not interested. I don't often get hit on, but usually they leave me alone if I say no, or can at least take the hint. Anyways, that's all for now from Aaron. I don't understand the mentality of a guy who does not you read the room. Even if the room is one.
Speaker 4: Person doesn't take no for an answer, right.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like if you try to start a conversation with somebody on an airplane and you get one word answers and they're not engaging, then you go, oh, well they don't and that's me. I don't want to talk to you on the airplane. But I can't imagine somebody's so clueless, arrogant and downright rude that he can tell she's not interested, but he just keeps going.
Speaker 3: Well, he doesn't even need to be able to tell she's straying up. Says no, yeah, she said no, like I've been.
Speaker 4: I keep seeing and I don't know if Jenny, if you see these two, but I keep seeing like tiktoks of like guys coming up to women and trying to ask them out or like sit at their table or whatever, and the women are just going like go away and whatever, and the men still won't leave. Oh.
Speaker 2: I thought the song was okay.
Speaker 4: Just I was gonna say, it's just starting to play.
Speaker 1: Get another few minutes, okay, good. I'm looking at the computer going ah.
Speaker 5: Act.
Speaker 1: Next email says, please don't say my name. I am not a spring chicken. And my body has changed since I met my husband. My energy level is dropped. I go to bed earlier than I used to. I have put on some weight, all these fun things that can happen as we age. Today my husband said I'm like a seventy year old. Now I'm nowhere near that age. That hurt me, and I'm not sure how to respond react to his comment, what would you do? Well, you're right, your body does change as you age, and even though you will work out and eat right and whatever, your body will change and things will hang a little bit differently than they used to, and things will that used to be flat and firm and smooth are now not as flat and firm and smooth. And if you think it's not going to happen to you, it will. So I will only say that youth, a lot of it is mentality. And if you want to sit and do nothing youthful, fun, new, energetic, that makes you seem older like a seventy year old lady. I get on Susan sometimes because she has no sense of adventure. She had trouble hiking in Yellowstone Park because the trail might have been like it dropped off on one side and there was a couple of hikes that she wouldn't go on because it was a little bit steep or whatever, And I'm like, you're acting like a seventy year old lady. I'm like, you're not stop. And I think that's one of the things. Don't act like a seventy year old male female whatever until you are seventy and do the adventurous things and try the new things.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like it's still like a mean common though to say, because based on what she's writing in about it doesn't sound like she's quite like you were in Susan's age. I'm guessing she's in her forty ones.
Speaker 2: That's what I guess. Forty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like so I feel like that that would be really hurtful to me if I heard that. But who cares if you go to bed earlier, Like, there's no shame in that. I mean, if you're sitting around all the time and that's not how you used to be. I can kind of understand why your husband might be a little bit like, hey, let's go do things. But I feel like that comment was unnecessary and you didn't deserve it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's one thing you really can't make fun or point out. You know, Susan had I'll go ahead and tell you she's lost a lot of weight, like twenty pounds in the last few months. But when she put on those twenty pounds, I never ever said damn. I mean, I never brought it up. I just don't do I notice it? Sure do I like it? No, just like she wouldn't like it if I put twenty pounds. But I think she would maybe say something to me because I wouldn't. I'm not sensitive, Hay, porky, she would say that to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say that to you when you walk in hate porky.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay, I think that. Yeah, it was rude for him to say that, and I think it's okay to let him know. You know what, that that hurt my feelings. And you know, you gotta listen if your partner says that hurt my feelings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, say shut up a you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's see what else we got here on emails and uh, okay, here we go. I heard you talking about weird Facebook marketplace fines and I came across this gem. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Now we were talking about there was somebody in Jordan on Facebook marketplace selling Birkenstock sandals that had been used in worn and we said there were foot juice.
Speaker 2: Stands in the sands.
Speaker 1: That's pretty gross. So this is from the sok Rapids garage sale site. They said I a window fan box and I was hoping for what I paid for. But I opened up the window fan box. Inside was somebody's poor no collection, some posters, a clock, five finger Death Punch CD, some blank CDs and a Hot and Cold bag. Instead, I'm looking for the guy I bought it from in Kimball. He took down his listing and I deleted. The message box was tape shut, apparently hiding what was inside. I just wanted to stay cool this summer, and he actually shows Yeah, it's not porn either're talking about porn collection. There is a clock, and there's a Maxim magazine and two sports illustrated magazines. That is not porn. Maxim is not porn.
Speaker 4: But it's boobies.
Speaker 2: No, they don't show boobies in Maxim, Are you sure? Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, it's it's definitely targeted towards straight mena.
Speaker 4: Covered up boobies, but it's still boobies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not porn.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, softcore porn.
Speaker 2: No, it's not even softcore porn anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if they published maxim anymore. I really don't. I think I used to subscribe to it because it had really clever, fun writings.
Speaker 4: That's why you subscribed to you know.
Speaker 1: And I'm serious, Listen, I don't. That's the funny thing about me. I don't need to like, Yes, naked beautiful women. Naked women are beautiful. I've seen a million of them. I'm not gonna like when I walk by the Sports Illustrated Naked swimsuit issue at the airport. I couldn't care less. I don't need to see any more naked women.
Speaker 4: I've seen too many.
Speaker 3: Did you hear that, that humble break. I've seen millions of them.
Speaker 1: I've seen them all print in print, not in person.
Speaker 4: No, just in print or digital too digital for sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, that is it for the Minisot Goodbye. Send your clever email in to Ryan Show at KTWB dot com, and we will see you next week here on the Minnesota. Goodbye.