Speaker 1: You're watching Chewing the Cud is Mike Benyon Road and Paris Monroe.
Speaker 2: Hi, I said, I know the answer to the question of you know I eat door mop, but I'm not following for it. Hi, you're watching Chewing the Cud, your lighthearted weekly look at the world through a pair of rainbow tinted glasses. I'm Mike ben In Row and with me today as a person who has never eaten a savory pancake. I know that's not an euphemism. It's Paris moan Row.
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe I need to try a savory pancake.
Speaker 2: You know my belief on this straight away.
Speaker 1: First of all, I've been told cheese and ham is good. And also I know somebody that has gravy.
Speaker 2: On that with me. Cheese and gravy, Yes, the one.
Speaker 1: Cheese and gravy the right way of doing things for us. This week, Paris, well, I'm glad you asked. I'm bringing you a story about the return of a well loved TV show, and then we're going to play a little game, and then.
Speaker 2: Paris will be bring us all up to date with everything they've been up to, including an exciting tease of something new in spotlight. But on screen now you can see how contact details. It's at the cud TV on social media, and if you want to catch up with previous episodes, you can always binge us. Just look for Chewing the Cud on YouTube.
Speaker 1: You can see the names of people who have reached out and touched our souls going along the bottom here of the screen. But now it's time for Mike in the buzz.
Speaker 2: You've lost some weight, that's right. Yes, you've been Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, grinder and walking. It's good for you. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a sorry about a judglement who's been trying a different kind of health challenge. Oh, who's been trying to eat fifty thousand calories a day.
Speaker 1: Fifty thousand calories. Fifty thousand calories right, there's a lot of food. Yeah, because then the average daily is like between two to two and a half thousand. Wow, So fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah there he is huge years. This gentleman is called Eric Lamkin.
Speaker 1: He's a competitive extreme eater extreme yes yeah, wow, Okay, fifty thousand calories in twenty four hours in.
Speaker 2: Twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So he had a pre breakfast, which I love the idea of kind up for a pre breakfast, which involved McDonald's dunkin Donuts, right, having bacon, eggs, cheese, mcgrinnall pasties, hot drinks and all that sort of stuff. He then had a breakfast which includes cereals, protein shakes, and nearly twenty thousand calories by that point.
Speaker 1: And that's just the pre breakfast and breakfast and breakfast. Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was explaining that he had some side effects from it. Okay, right, what do you think the side effects could be from this?
Speaker 1: He can last longer in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: No, oh, no, believe it or not. He felt nauseous, oh yeah, and floated the poor lamb unexpected side effects of eating.
Speaker 1: And he didn't know this and what he was signing up for. So he's probably had a Sunday roast and experienced that fun button in your pants and he didn't think, oh, yeah, I'm going to have that issue here.
Speaker 2: But that's like so it's like two thousand calories. That's a big meals as well. Okay, I know, but yeah, he's he's told people not to try it at home for two reasons. It's very expensive, right, and it's just a pointless waste of food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is true. You could feed so many people with that. To be fair, what twenty thousand divided by to two thousand?
Speaker 2: What's that glory? Nothing, no noise whatsoever. We don't hire them for their looks either, But yeah, so I thought it was an interesting little bit of a waste of time or wasting food eating.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? You might have done the same thing where you've had one of those cheat days or cheat weeks or cheat life where you just eat whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I didn't choose the cheat life, the cheat life chip.
Speaker 1: And yes exactly, but like we've all been there where we've had a bit extra where we've had a big takeaway. We order a really big takeaway. But I can't imagine doing that and squeezing that all within twenty four hours. That's just bonkers.
Speaker 2: Okay, So moving on work workplace breaks, what are you doing your break? Well?
Speaker 1: I tend to go for a little walk and have a little vape, yes, Or I go to the chip shop actually sometimes and and get like a nice large chips with curry sauce and a large sausage.
Speaker 2: Always about the large sausage.
Speaker 1: Yeah not size queens, No, No, what do you do on your lunch break.
Speaker 2: I work because I'm that person that goes. It's fine. But this is good news that's come from Barcelona, right okay, as they've brought out a new break, a new break. So you've got your quick like ten minute break, you've got your lunch break, but now you can have a daily thirty minute masturbation break.
Speaker 1: This is a lot.
Speaker 2: It's Erica Lust, who is a Swedish born filmmaker and entrepreneur who's known for her working adult cinema.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic. So is it only an adult cinema or can anybody work in an office have a master everybody that works for her can have a masturbation break for her, not just everybody in the.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the office, not every no, not every company. This is the government mandated in spite of going. We've given it to the astas we've given you the look breaks, we're now giving you a wank break.
Speaker 1: I mean okay, just a specific company, right understood.
Speaker 2: And she said it actually boosts productivity. It does.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's good for your brain. It's good for your blood flow as well, good circulation.
Speaker 2: It is very good for your circulation.
Speaker 1: Technically, pressure you can burn calories.
Speaker 2: You do burn calories. I'll watch it tells me how burn calories. My exercise for the day. I've closed my ring well closed, Oh my god. Apparently employees have said it's even enhanced workplace culture.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Does everybody do it at the same time or is this like you have.
Speaker 2: Your group of do you want to go for a fag? Now I'll go for a bank as well.
Speaker 1: Spit works well.
Speaker 2: They have they have a specifically designed place to go and do it. Okay, so she's put lubricants and stam.
Speaker 1: That's funny. So it's seventies VHS with the cheesy music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love cheesy music and Paul it's good. That's how you know the poor is going to be awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just vibing. You can have pre drinks to that, you know. Can you imagine? Oh yeah, it sounds like a vibe.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a vibe. So what do you think do you think that's something we should adopt in the UK?
Speaker 1: I think that the UK government need to really think about this because it's going to benefit everybody, no matter how old you are. Everybody's got bits that need attention. Yeah, and sometimes you can't go for a walk. Sometimes sometimes it rains, and sometimes you can masturbate. It's fantastic, it's brilliant. Cardio. I hate cardio. I don't do running machines or anything.
Speaker 2: I like cardio.
Speaker 1: That's the only cardio for me. Okay, yeah, so I'm down for that if klear Starma's up for it as well.
Speaker 2: And the new Access to Work writes build at the point and throw with all these different.
Speaker 1: Changes, fingers cross, we can manifest this. Yes, breaks the new manifesto.
Speaker 2: The government, what about immigration? Don't care? Let me wank break break at work paid.
Speaker 1: I'll be going on only fans during that time. Then smart move love that double the money.
Speaker 2: If you want to subscribe to Parati only fans, why not have a look at the TV.
Speaker 1: On social media.
Speaker 2: Well, and that brings us nicely to our story of the week. Do you like your museum?
Speaker 1: I do. I've been to a sex museum, sex museum. I've been to a torture museum. Okay, well actually yes, yes, yes in Prague. Actually it was fantastic. Zara Larson, the artist actually recommended to go to, said.
Speaker 2: A little bit disappointed that that story that was there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was hoping that was going.
Speaker 1: She told me to go.
Speaker 2: She told you to go, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I was like, what you're doing, you know, when you're in Prague shooting your video and stuff. She's like, oh, yeah, I went to this museum. I was like, oh wow, fantastic. She said you need to go. Okay, cool, So she told me to go. So she's it's good enough for her, it's good enough for us.
Speaker 2: It's the name you dropped.
Speaker 1: Yes, don't forget.
Speaker 2: Well a museum is going on tour.
Speaker 1: Oh right, like take that?
Speaker 2: Like, take that on your museum. Let's standing up and going.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't know the lyrics. This is the museum in Sanddown in the Isle of Wight and it is the National Pool Museum.
Speaker 1: Pool as in P double O L drop the L yes.
Speaker 2: Oh museum. It's in their website for that again the specialist websites. But this is this is oh.
Speaker 1: So they made a bouncy ball out of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, they have suspended different types of pool in resin oh and they go around and going around the country showing people the different types of pool.
Speaker 1: Do they need donations that they will be charging for admission? This is interesting animal human dinosaur, not dinosaur because they don't exist, but anymore, very different. Wow. Okay, so great for a secret center and a gift for a present.
Speaker 2: Right, you can't steal from museums Paris.
Speaker 1: Maybe the gift shop or something like, you know, and make a great gift. Don't steal kids, don't get caught stealing.
Speaker 2: Right, you think you'll get that good to go to that?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I would love to go. I love the fact that it's going on tour. Pooh is going on tour a Pooh museum. I want to see all the different types, you know, the dehydrated ones, the freeze dried ones, you know, the ones with fruit in it, the you know, the ones with sweet that had a curry the night before. Yeah, I want to say it all. I mean, it's not something that I'm into in that way, but I'm open to going to learn about Pooh, you know, because we all do it.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: Indeed, we might as well look at it in a building.
Speaker 2: Why not look at suspended poo on a Saturday afternoon? People pay for this this week.
Speaker 1: Thanks Mike. I'm so thrilled that you've got to educate us about poo museums and now I can't wait to see everybody's poo.
Speaker 2: Please don't share it. Put You're welcome Paris, stay right there. Coming after this short break, we got up to state the celebrity news in showbies. Welcome back and you're watching Chewing the Cud. Now this is the part of the show where we look into the sparkly side of world and celebrity and media in the showbiz with Paris.
Speaker 1: Celebrity Big Brother. Are you a fan of it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes? And no, okay, I think I think Big Brother peaked at Kinger.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I thought maybe Jemma Collins and you know, no Heart Standard. You don't like Jemma Collins. Oh my god, how are you gay?
Speaker 2: Well, because face she just you know when there's people in life that you just instantly take an instant dislike to.
Speaker 1: No, okay, yeah, she's my person. Maybe it just clashes and that's fine. Well maybe you love Celebrity Big Brother. It's coming back and they're looking at potentials of who could be in the run out for like the twelve people. So we've got one of those rumored which is Joe locke Ye from Heart Stopper, also in another Disney show as well. Yeah, amazing, amazing work. Gorgeous American accent as well, And I think I find him a bit more attractive because he's got a slip in his eyebrow. Okay, really really loving it, that little bit of a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of danger from the nineties, right is giving William.
Speaker 1: Is giving boy band? Right well. Also Ella Morgan from Married at First Sight, who is and was the first trans woman to actually appear on the TV show, really really lovely. She's hilarious, she's doing so well for herself now. A big fan of hers. To be honest, I kind of want to marry her. I don't see that. Yeah, she's my celebrity or past. She's not married if she decides to not be married further, At.
Speaker 2: First I thought that thing was they were married pretty much.
Speaker 1: Well, then you can call me on chewing the cup. Yeah. So I'm really I'm really excited to see her potentially in this because she she brings vulnerability and she's funny and also the drama. So you know that there's gonna she'll be there and she'll be giving you the tea and she'll be slipping it while while you've got your popcorn. Do you know what I'm saying, so she'd be absolutely amazing. You find a boxing.
Speaker 2: Boxers, boxers boxers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're quite fit. Well Tommy Fury, oh d yeah, we'd ride, absolutely, ride, ride or die. Tommy Fury.
Speaker 2: Heterosexual, I might do both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fantastic work. Tommy Fury might be obviously in Love Island the UK version and is now on the market. Is that the right word phrase to say? It's single? Yeah? Yeah, so maybe if you fancy a bit of Tommy Fury, yeah, after a couple of pints, maybe he potentially might be going on there with So Tommy, Tommy's brother is called what's his face? I've forgotten this name now, the Fury, the other Fury Fury, the other Fury. Well, his wife Paris, okay, Paris Fury. So I don't know why his brother's not in there.
Speaker 2: Maybe he knows his name.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe because it's.
Speaker 2: Like the other one out of.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Yeah, oh, bless her art. Yeah, like the Michelle, like nobody really came anyway, Michelle Fury. Oh no, but like sorry, just spat there. It's raining. I've got so excited about Tommy Fury, that's why. But yeah, him and his brother's wife is going to be in there, which is going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I also would like to see a potential like wrestling or boxing thing going on there, because he's got a great bod, and I'd imagine it would turn into some kind of Turkish oilly wrestling kind.
Speaker 2: I head it's already there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I don't need to sell it anymore really, to be fair, will you get your top off? Yes?
Speaker 2: Good, I'll watch it, I hope so.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that'll be a really good watch.
Speaker 2: You think, I think so. Anybody else going in.
Speaker 1: Caleb Cooper, you know from Clarkson's Farm, Yes, the real cut. He's so adorable, He's so sweet, he is hilarious. I love how he just talks down at Geezer constantly on his show. Is just like he just does not give a you know what I'm saying. So he will be really good in there as well. And I think that both him and Ella will be not stirring the pot, but potentially being around when the drama is.
Speaker 2: I feel starting the fire stop not well, not starting the fire, but adding petrol.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, adding a little bit of oxygen and petrol to to the thing. So yeah, that will be an interesting watch. I think will be pretty good.
Speaker 2: I think I might be interested in this episode of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more representation please for queer people. That would be wonderful. You know. Dolly Parton, I love Dolly the country star, the icon. Oh. I love her little thing that she does with the nails. It's so cute, it's so adorable. Bless her heart goes out to her and the family as well, because her partner of so many years has passed away, her late husband, Carl Dean, who is eighty two in Nashville, Tennessee. And Dolly Parton announced this, of course on her social media and just said, look, you know, please respect that this is going to be a private thing and we need time to wrap our heads around this and grieve. And he was the light of my life. And it was really cute actually how they met. They met at a laundry mat.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 1: You know. She she was just carrying a dirty laundry and Asaura and was like, what's it like, And they were just chatting and then they just became like this, it's cute. I think. Oh, I love her so much.
Speaker 2: It's a couple of goals.
Speaker 1: That honestly, Yeah, but do you know what she she said, right, she said the secret to their you know, amazing marriage was the fact that they had, you know, their life together, but then they had their separate things as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I don't think he's seen her without makeup.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think anyone's seen Dolly without makeup. No one, I think Dolly's seen Dolly.
Speaker 1: Without I don't think she has either, to be fair, but yeah, no, I love her so much and massive ally to the LGBTQ PUST community as well.
Speaker 2: What I absolutely loved about their relationship is that because her husband wasn't famous and didn't do the thing, he was kept out of everything.
Speaker 1: He wanted to be private, wanted to.
Speaker 2: Be private, and she's like, yeah, get that's our private life and she kept it private as well, which is quite cute. Yeah, this is no, this is us, This is Dolly on stage. No, this is me. And I love that.
Speaker 1: You went to sports Mike water Winter Wow winter yeah water? Are you a sport yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dots.
Speaker 1: Yeah I thought so. Yeah. Gus ken Worthy, he came out he is roll VT of just him being fit. Please, yeah, so he is. He's revealed basically the revelations around his new relationship, which is very very nice. But also he's not on the market, which is kind of getting for all of us. But that's fine. We can we move, We move, we move. But he came out in twenty fifteen, and he's been competing since like twenty fourteen, twenty eighteen. Now focus on acting Believe it or no American horror story Now. I mean I can see that stunning I can see that beautiful body with blood and all this. Yeah, you just bring it. Oh my goodness, Meg, I mean, need us say more.
Speaker 2: Andy Warhole Poroids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, book, it's a good I don't think that book is big enough though. Yeah, it's very nice. What we're talking about, we're sorry, we're talking about we're talking about gus So. So he's been talking about it, like sexual preferences and his experiences, and it's been really open about it as well, which I think is great, saying he prefers to bottom, So all the tops out there or the versus line up, because you're going to have to line up behind me and Mike for this guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna be able to top that.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Why not? Oh no, that's not how that works well. Listen never say never left us say never very rare, but I love that, you know, and and and just also talked about addressing the stereotypes and the pressures which in an LGBTQ PUS you know couple, especially for our community as well, there is a lot of pressure for appearances, for physique, for liking certain music, and then again for sexual preferences and what to do, what not to do, you get charged. It's actually quite a savage world really that we live in, you know. But I just love that he's been super open about everything and described as relationships as fluid and evolving.
Speaker 2: So it's an open relationship.
Speaker 1: So open, yes, open, I think that's I think that's amazing though, And to be fair, what is really good is one we need the representation. Two not many people people find it quite a taboo thing of like open relationships. There's a lot of people that do have open relationships, whether that be emotionally or sexually. So I think it's important that he just you know, speaks about it because you know, it's not it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Iand having had both monogous and open relationships in the past, they both have their merits and their pitfalls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there we go. There you have it, Gus the man.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've lost Paris from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sorry, and that's that's all from their show biz this week.
Speaker 2: Tissues it down there, thank you do. But in fact that Paris is always nice to know that Gus Kenworthy is still achievable even if he is a bottom.
Speaker 1: You are welcome, but don't go anywhere. As coming up, we have a game for you to play along with as well in our game of the Week.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Cheering the cud with me, Mike, Benny Roe and Paris Monroe. Now this is the part of the show. We've playing a little game and this is for the person who wants well, I really can't say that without getting letters from a farmer, the marketing team JCB and the legal team Cabris. So off your pop, Paris.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Then of the week. Okay, So this week we're going to play list it. What is now going to give Paris a subject and they have to give me ten things within thirty seconds on that subject. Are you ready, Paris?
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Are you braced and prepared?
Speaker 1: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Your first topic? Okay, ah. Things you should never say on a first date.
Speaker 1: I love you? Can I go back to yours?
Speaker 2: Why do we not say that in the first.
Speaker 1: Have you got a tissue? What's that on your face? Where are you really from? What kind of Asian are you? Because I'm part of Asian?
Speaker 2: That was an experienced What isn't it?
Speaker 1: What do you not say? Is it?
Speaker 2: You got six but you've got five seconds? O?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: Three god?
Speaker 1: Blin Like, oh my god, that was really difficult.
Speaker 2: Difficult? Isn't it hard?
Speaker 1: Ten seconds? Ten things in my second Yeah, that's very hard.
Speaker 2: I have to unpick some of that. Let's go back to yours. Not on a first date.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, ignore that.
Speaker 2: Down to five things now, which I.
Speaker 1: Never said that. I forgot the things I said, Oh, what's that on your face? Don't ask for a tissue?
Speaker 2: Both things you can say on the first date. Yeah, what's that in your face? Oh?
Speaker 1: It's me?
Speaker 2: Okay? Can you give me a list of ten ways of publicly politely rejecting people at sliping t.
Speaker 1: DMS, go away light not into that. Thank you you slept with my best mate.
Speaker 2: Trauma there.
Speaker 1: You're not my type. Sorry, but I've got a boyfriend Oh, everybody uses that I'm not into pups.
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: How many have I done? No?
Speaker 2: I wasn't counting.
Speaker 1: There was six? Sorry, but not sorry. I don't like that artist, so sorry, it's not gonna work. I hate her.
Speaker 2: How many did I? And they got nine?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've got close there. You're used to publicly rejecting people.
Speaker 1: Obviously, no I get publicly rejected. Yeah, it's okay, it's all right. You know, it's practice makes affect.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one should be easy for you. All right. I want ten songs that will get gays on the dance floor instantly?
Speaker 1: Can I swear?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Work bitch, Vogue, dam pa, dam damn. Ready for the weekend. Oh my god, I work in the station as well. My god, I have gone blank? What the actual? What the actual? Out now? That have gone blank? How dare I go blank? I work at radio station. This is so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Okay, you could have listed anything by Madonna?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I could have just got Madonna's back catalog.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought I was supposed to do one from maybe like a different eyes. Okay, Brittany did anyway?
Speaker 2: I faced Nina?
Speaker 1: Oh Charlie x X Kim Petres, Troy sa Van, I filled a rush addicted to your thrush. Okay, so I thought it was a song about Popper's all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, of course, so you didn't do very well there? Should we see how you do with the next one, Yes, which is excuses for being late?
Speaker 1: Okay, dog ate my homework.
Speaker 2: You're late.
Speaker 1: That's not an oh no late Okay, Sorry, I forgot to turn my alarms on. Okay, I woke up late. I had no underwear when they Sorry, just got in the shower. I'm allergic to work. Sorry, I can't come to work todaym trance, I'm late. I'm transgender. Yeah, it's got. I'm going to be a while. The traffic.
Speaker 2: Nine nine so close, Damn. I just didn't want to be here. It's my favorite excuse ever.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I just really didn't want to be here.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? We should use that? And I think I might call into work and just say I just don't really want to be here. Sorry, I can't come in today.
Speaker 2: Body order offends me. That's another favorite one. Oh, I can't go in your body order offends me. Yeah. I enjoyed the reference to I can't come into it. I'm trans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, because I'm too busy being trans. Sorry, I want.
Speaker 2: To be able to steal that. Okay. Next ten things, yes, ten things you might find in a drag queen's handbag.
Speaker 1: Okay, dildo, lipstick, lubricant, condoms, fermi doms keys, that's two.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: Uh, makeup, makeup, yeah you know, okay, Yeah, eyelash, glue, wig remover, I mean makeup remover. That's ten.
Speaker 2: Was it.
Speaker 1: Money wallet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just you got the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know drag queens better than music.
Speaker 2: I aren't you glad you work as a drug now, that's right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, al virus on the weekends, Paris mont Road during the week.
Speaker 2: The next ten things I think you'll be very good at so you'll do fvariously wrong. I want ten things that you can say at the gym and in the bedroom.
Speaker 1: Oh that's huge, Yeah, spot me, spot me. I don't know. That's too much, that's too big. Help me, Oh my god, come here, give me that. I want that one. What else do you say in the gym? And if you want, what do you say in the gym?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: I don't go to the gym, mate.
Speaker 2: I'm in the wrong places. I can say that I wasn't expecting that to be there exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I got ten.
Speaker 2: So you're getting into it now, I am, yes, well done you Okay, So now I want ten ways okay of spotting a bottom from across the.
Speaker 1: Room, Mike, how do you spot a bottom? Crotchless underway? They love Britney Spears, Madonna and Christine Era. They really love the musical Wicked. They do this tongue pop into drag race. But then I might be so wrong.
Speaker 2: Of course, Kenworthy, as we've discovered, as a bottom.
Speaker 1: Yes, loves the pem has a peachy butt. Some some have really not all of them though some some a bit more pancakes.
Speaker 2: Name of trousers these days?
Speaker 1: Well what else? Two more lost?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So okay, so the person at the bottom of the pile, of course. But for those watching their allies like how do you spot a bottom? So the way I always have bent over the.
Speaker 2: Realize the way I find out someone's a bottom is tent. I find them really attractive and start flirting with them, and they got the bottom. Two. No, people like you should wear a sign.
Speaker 1: Yes, please get a tattoo on your forehead, so you know, yeah, that sucks. Is that a deal breaker for some?
Speaker 2: For some people it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's a verse even better because I'm making.
Speaker 2: Switch on wrong. Well that's enough for now. Coming up after this short break, we get all up close and personal without even buying them a drake. It's Paris and Spotlight welcome back, and you're still watching my comparison chuing they could. Now we catch up with what they've been up to with Paris in Spotlight. So it's been all a little while since you've been on with us, and you've been up to things. So tells Paris, what have you been up to?
Speaker 1: Oh? Like you've asked me right, so you know what. I've been making some music and I've created a track called Just Wanted to Dance, which is basically where you have all these life obstacles thrown at you, like breakups, depression, work, stress, financial, whatever it is, your friends done whatever to you, or you feel betrayed and you're in that sad dark space, but you need to let loose and you just want to dance your your fears, your anxiety, your stress away. So that's why I named it just wanted to dance. And I was actually writing this during a breakup. Okay, so this was last year in November and I was in a really dark place and I, I don't know about you, but I use music as like a form of therapy. So whether it's like Britney Spears or whatever, to just make you feel good if you're walking to work or whatever, just like hearing those like you better work, bitch, do you know what I mean? Like, just give you that that's springing your step. And this song, the music for me, gave me a bit of that light at the end of the tunnel moment. So I wanted to give that euphoric feeling to people who are going through whatever in life and give them that spark back, do you know what I mean? That's that's kind of like the whole thing behind it.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, So you've referenced here you were in this really bad place. Does that come into the music and then the lyrics or is.
Speaker 1: That just a that's how I was feeling a bit of both actually, so with the vocals in it, the spoken word. So I do what some people do when they get little samples royalty free samples actually of people doing like vocals or spoken world and the spoken word the poetry, and it really spoke to me like one part is you better get off your knees and stand on your feet, you know kind of thing, you know, take over it what you will. It's quite funny. I heard that one LA was like oh okay, but yeah, like just like triumphant, inspirational, motivational, pulling you out of that awful void. And I just thought, this is this is what I need right now. Soys that as a form of therapy. And I was just listening to it, and then I asked the Boys that Beyond Chicago to remix it, and they jumped on board and they absolutely smashed it. They have They've created an amazing remix so that the actual original is very much like slow chilled Fred again blessed Madonna vibe, and then the remix is like a Donkey House beat with with the spoken word.
Speaker 2: Which is that's cool. So you've got this this very euphoric it's like this tracking. And when I listened to it, I said to you, I get this image of like driving down the coast in like the summer wind in.
Speaker 1: My hair, in your stash, in your flowing in the breeze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's that kind of summer chill out vibe kind of thing. And then this this remix is very much get up on dance to It, which absolutely a dull What what made you go with that collaboration for your remix?
Speaker 1: The boys have been smashing it. They're really talented. I like they're creating flare. They bring a little bit of something different and not just you know, oh just to be you know, just a synth they bring. They add a little bit of sparsh like yeah, a little bit of spice, a little bit of salt Bay, just a little bit of something different in there with like some experimental you know, like Rent is it Rent the Musical where they use like pans and pots and things like that, just like bring in a bit more industrial, just slightly different things to the table, you know what I mean, sonically, which I like, and it's just a bit of funky. They bring the funk. Yeah, I can't help it, but yeah, that's like that's why I love them as well. And yeah, they I'm just so happy that they said yes to it because I thought, oh, you don't ask, you don't get so I thought I'd just throw it out there and they were like, yeah, sure, less do it. It's just like my god, I won the lottery, brilliant.
Speaker 2: So you've gone this track, it's out there. I'm assuming it's out there.
Speaker 1: It is in the world Wide Web, the world Wide Web in the Waves, which comes out on Friday the twenty.
Speaker 2: First, so next Friday, next Friday, imminently. It's exciting. Yes, And is this the start of an album or is it just a starter?
Speaker 1: This is a this is this is the starter so pre transit I released music under a different artist named Monroe, which is m N basically my surname without a couple of letters. I thought, it's been dead creative that Harvey person did, just like now we don't want them. Carol Vorderman not a fan of that.
Speaker 2: You don't count up.
Speaker 1: For years, blessed her. But I decided to go with my actual name this time, and I thought, comes across this maybe a little bit more mature rather than like little Monroe or whatever. I wouldn't be called that, you know, I'm not. I'm not going to call myself models. I mean, I am a short king, but I'm not short king Paris Monroe.
Speaker 2: No, that would be a lot to film that is just like an.
Speaker 1: Email address that used to create a school by a little Pony and then oh wait, no, that wasn't mine at all. But you know what I mean, like there's an artist name like that. No it wasn't. Now it's not my little Pony. It's Paris Monroe loves my Little Pony. But yeah, no, I thought, right, let's let's create something and bring me to the table, which is also a bit vulnerable and scary because you're put yourself out there for people to judge essentially, So.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you put yourself out there with your name attached to it. You can't hide from that ever.
Speaker 1: No, And because like my blood, sweat, tears and emotions and depressions in there, it makes it even more vulnerable because like that's like my heart's on the table. So if people go, oh, it's not for me, it will be a bit.
Speaker 2: Like Yeah, we've had other people who release music on and they say it's a lot like dating. You know that you're not everyone's cup of tea.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so it's like dating. You're going on a date. You're not going to meet every everybody you meet's not going to fall head over and heals with love with you. You just need that one person too.
Speaker 1: I love this. Yeah, I don't know what. Don't be upset. There's one person for you. You know you have to kiss many frogs, don't you. I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately it turned out that mine died. So so when you put yourself out there and you're doing that vulnerable thing, I mean, is that going to inspire the next lot of music or are you going more into life stuff?
Speaker 1: I think I think so I'm going to be saying yes to a lot of things, which is quite It's a good thing because then you can experience new state like new things. But that's also quite a scary thing. But people say just do it if you're scared anyway, depending on what it is. But like, you know, like facing your fears. I have a fear of heights, for example, you know. But yeah, just like I want to put myself out there more, and I think I need to do an adele and go through a lot of pain to then adults. Never had a happy album, No, exactly.
Speaker 2: High even when she was in a relationship and she was happy, She's going someone stole the last part. I am upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It was any bit of trauma.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves trauma. We trauma bond, and I think that's what that's probably what it is. Everybody loves a bit of that exactly. Maybe I just need to put all my trauma in all my music.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of albums, a couple of albums. I'm I'm looking to do potentially an EP, maybe an album within the next twelve months. Okay, I think, but this is just putting the feelers out there.
Speaker 2: This is just you saying this is me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, this is.
Speaker 2: Met I was waiting for the reference. Great show. That's brilliant. So this song's out there or it'll be out there soon Friday, very excited. Where can people hear it?
Speaker 1: Anywhere and everywhere? Okay, Spotify, Apple Music, SoundCloud and on my socials probably as well. I'm just going to badger everyone and say this is my chain.
Speaker 2: Do that? Yeah, and what are your socials? At?
Speaker 1: Its Paris memory. So my name with its at the start.
Speaker 2: Is the TV. You know, it's not Sturday. It doesn't have to be difficult, okay, perfect, So it'll be out everywhere. You'll be plastering it all over and we can have a listen to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, download, yes, download it, stream it.
Speaker 2: Click like a subscribe all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't forget to hit the bell. You can ring my bell.
Speaker 2: That's a different song.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, maybe I should work on that song next, do it.
Speaker 2: Jody Harsh has done a very good bit of career remixing old songs.
Speaker 1: There you go, so why not learn from the best?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly perfect. Well, thank you very much for that, Paris. That's almost the end of the show. But on screen now you can see how contact details. It's at the cud TV on social media, and if you want to catch up with previous episodes, you can always bringe us on YouTube look for Chewing the Cud.
Speaker 1: Thank you for watching, and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: And to players out, we have got that track from Paris Monroe playing us out.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,