Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio home.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much. We're going to talk about a subject that probably many of you are going to say, why is Dan talking about this subject? He's supposed to talk about politics and things like that. We talk a lot about politics during the week. We touched upon some of the hot topic issues this week, the Karen Reid trial. On Monday night, we talked about all this stuff going on at Harvard. On Tuesday night, we talked about the judge being arrested, the judges being arrested in Wisconsin, in New Mexico, we talked about a due process for Boston barber number two. And we had the BZ car guys on last night. And so we're going to venture here. We're going to put a couple of hours together which I hope my sports fans will respond to, and you don't have to be a sports fan to respond to the first issue at hand. Last Sunday, on the program CBS Sunday Morning, which is a great show, there was an interview, a long form interview with Bill Belichick, the former coach of the New England Patriots, are now the coach of the University of North Carolina college football team, and Belichick has just written the book called The Art of Winning. Donald Trump has the Art of the Deal, so Belichick has the Art of Winning. And the interview kind of went sideways. Okay, for those of you who know the story, Belichick is in a new friendship relationship with a woman who's a little younger than he is, named Jordan Hudson. Now I'm not making any judgments. I'm not making any judgments. Belichick is great football coach, but he is also over the years, proven to be, for the most part, not the most charming guy dealing with the news media and even with the sports media. I can remember after the Belichick Patriots football games, even when they won, he wasn't what you'd call effusive. He would be fairly limited in his answers, and he would get frustrated. He had a sense that when he came into the media room after a Patriots game, win or lose, he wasn't happy to be there, and if they would have lost, he really wasn't happy to be there. I used to joke around with friends of mine and say, oh, you know, the last Billet, the last Belichick coach your team lost today, Could you tell us what happened? And Belichick would stare at the reporter with a look that if Lukes could kill, the reporter was already dead. And he'd say something like other teams scored more points, you know, And then the poor reporter would try to follow up and say, yeah, but I mean, you know, anything of the game that you'd want to share with us, and Belichick would again look at the reporter with those dead dead look in his eyes and say not really, that was his news. Those were his news conferences. So he ends up on the CBS Sunday morning program. They actually went this was done kind of, This was a big effort by CBS. Tony D. Koppel, one of the morning anchors Monday through Friday, was the one who was assigned the interview to do the interview, and they had the interview set up. I guess from what it appeared. Belichick's high school in an Napolis, Maryland. He grew up in Annapolis because his dad was a football coach at the US Naval Academy while he was you know, I guess, a young boy and even into high school. So whenever there's a good interview, you get kind of a good chemical dynamic between the interviewer and the interviewee. At least that's the way I felt as a TV reporter if you could loosen the interviewee up and ask them some questions to which they would either rise to debate or they would be willing to accept the challenge whatever it was. And sometimes the simplest questions were the best. I think of Roger Mudd when he interviewed Ted Kennedy for sixty minutes back in nineteen seventy nine and Ted Kennedy was clearly thinking about running for the White House and challenging Jimmy Carter, and Mud asked him a first question out of the box they I think the interview was on the grounds of the Kennedy compound in Hyennasport, and Mudd asked Senator Kennedy, why do you want to be president? Or a question like that, and Senator Kennedy started to answer and started and answer three or four different ways. It was a really halting answer to a simple question. And I think that Botasuta became the verbal metaphor for the Kennedy campaign, although he did much better as the campaign went on and came pretty close to knocking Jimmy Carter off, but didn't it. Of course, Ronald Reagan went on to beat Jimmy Carter, but put that aside. You could tell that Belichick was not particularly comfortable, despite the efforts by the CBS Morning news host Tony Takoppel to put him at ease, And as he got through the interview, it became apparent, as the story he was about an eight or a nine minute presentation on TV, that Bill's current companion girlfriend, I guess he calls her, his creative muse, was monitoring the interview, and apparently there was an agreement or an understanding, maybe a misunderstanding, that certain things were not going to be talked about. So this was the first cut where the interview is interrupted and Belichick is told from off camera from his creative mus not to answer a fairly simple question, kind of an easy question. This is cut one. Please Andrew, please play cut one.
Speaker 3: The other change for Belichick is twenty four year old Jordan Hudson, his creative muse. As he writes in his book, Jordan was a constant presence during our interview. You have Jordan right over there. Everybody in the world seems to be following this relationship. They've got an opinion about your private life. It's got nothing to do with them, but they're invested in it.
Speaker 1: How do you deal with that?
Speaker 4: Never been too worried about what everybody else thanks, just to try to do what I feel like is that's for me and what's right?
Speaker 5: How did you guys meet? Not talking about this?
Speaker 6: No No.
Speaker 2: Decoppo said that Jordan Hudson was a constant presence. What he really meant probably was a kind of a pain at the butt. But that's just a reporter trying to interpret the phrase that he used. So she basically is having quite an impact at a relatively young age on coach Bill Belichick. And there's another sound bite which we will play we get back, but I want to open this up almost in not open line fashion per se, But I'd love to know what is your take here? Should we really care who Bill Belichick at the age of seventy three is dating. I mean, he's a huge presence in New England, six super Bowl winning coach, he's number two in the all time and we're football crazy here in New England. It wasn't always that way, but the Patriots are the team of the century. So did you watch the interview, are you surprised? I mean, Bill Belichick is a guy that I think if anything, he controlled his team, He controlled his locker room. The players always had to do it the Patriots way. The things that Bill Belichick would always say to next man up. Some important player got injured and it didn't really face Belichick. Next man up, next man up, do your job. You know, all those phrases that have been emblazoned in our minds came from this guy. And yet on a simple question, by the way, they met on an airplane. Apparently they were on a flight somewhere to West Pond Beach and they sat next to each other. Whether it was open seating or whether it was a sign seating, I don't know. But your thoughts in your comments, is this something that you care about? Is it something that you think is interesting? I mean, and if you want to tell me who you think is getting the better of the relationship, Clearly there's some benefits. What do they say friends with benefits? You know, Bill Belichick has a lot of experience, he knows a lot about football. I think that Jordan Hudson must be able to have some great opportunities to learn about football. And I'm sure there are are things that she knows about that that helps him. It's probably a good mutual, solid relationship. I have no idea where it may go or may not go, but at this point, the creative mus is calling the shots. We'll take a quick break. I'm gonna open up the phone lines. I'd like to talk about this just for an hour. Is it something that you care about. I bet a lot of you don't feel free to call and tell me you don't care about it. I think it's interesting because I think, in all honesty, there are a lot of people talking about that this week. And I'd love to know what you what you thought about it, and what your friends thought about it. Six And I want the ladies particularly. I know this is football. This is really not a football story. This is a romance story. When you think about it. Older man, younger woman, you get it. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. My name is Dan Ray. This is a Friday night. We're gonna we lighten up a little bit. We can have a little bit of fun with this. We don't have to make fun of people it's a serious relationship. If you've seen some of the pictures of Bill and the fisherman's suit, uh and Jordan dressed up as some sort of mermaid fish that he has caught at the ocean, it's if you follow this stuff, it's it's interesting and that's why we're talking about it. And I'm back. We're back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: There's one other SoundBite that I'm going to play, but I don't want to tie people up, so let's get to the phone see what they have to talk about. And by the way, for those of you that do not realize this, we have two phone numbers here on night Side. One is the traditional six one, seven, two thirty number. However, we also have another number that those lines are full. Those three lines are full. We have two additional lines at six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty, so feel free. The only line that is opening is at six one seven. Let me go to Romeo. Perfect name for a first for a first caller on this topic. Romeo, how are you tonight?
Speaker 5: Very good?
Speaker 2: Is that actually Romeo? Is that actually your name? We're talking about a romantic relationship or have you a doctor?
Speaker 5: It's oh, it's Romeo.
Speaker 2: Good for you. Okay, that's a great name. The ladies must have My.
Speaker 5: Mother, My mother thought of it. You know, I love it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you. I'll bet you did. You did very well with the ladies with a name like that.
Speaker 5: Divorced twice, but that's all right.
Speaker 2: You got to keep working at it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I should have met somebody like Jordan. I'll tell you, I was reading it.
Speaker 2: If you had wat six super bowls, Romeo, if you if you would won six super Bowls, you might have go ahead of only kidding.
Speaker 5: Well, she has no trouble getting the first down or doing an end run. I'll tell you why I was just reading. I was just reading online. She has eight million dollars in real estate holdings in Boston. Did you read that?
Speaker 2: I heard it. I didn't read it, but I got to tell you she obviously is must be a very good real estate investor.
Speaker 5: She must be very smart. She must either twenty.
Speaker 2: Jesus yeah, or she has you know, benefited from the laws, yes, of her parents. I don't know. I don't know anything about her. Is she a Boston woman. Do you know that since you seem to know a little bit more about her, she is a Bostonian or a New Englander.
Speaker 5: I think she grew up in Maine, and I think she went to school down on Bridgewater. And you might want to google where mom works down at Provincetown. I won't say it over the radio, but it's very interesting with line of work she's in, but you can google that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another back, Romeo. You've done some work on this, and I very much appreciate the work.
Speaker 5: You feel like I'm a field correspondent for the d ratio.
Speaker 2: Well, you know something, Romeo, I have several correspondents, and you can become you could you know how they have some of these shows like TMZ where they deal with the issues that are maybe a little more salacious than what we normally deal with. I could easily make you our celebrity carrespondent, not only for NATIC but for Eastern Massachusetts.
Speaker 5: I mean, let me ask you a quick question. Sure, do you think if if Bill was a mailman or a clerk and a supermarket do you think Jordan would still feel the same way about him?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me, okay, let me try to make sure I give you an honest answer on that one. So what you're saying is if he wasn't Bill Belichick that we knew of, coach of the Patriots and all of that, if he worked in a I don't know, you know, you said mail, or a clerk in the supermarket not knowing Jordan. Well, I've never met the woman, never, don't know her at all. That's impossible for me to answer, Romeo, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Would you like to know what? No, watch your wallet, watch your wallet if you do.
Speaker 2: Meter, No, she's I don't see why you say that. If she's got eight million in real estate holdings, why.
Speaker 5: Would you be smart?
Speaker 2: Very smart? And and yeah, I don't know. I mean, I think that they're both very lucky to have found each other at this point in their lives. It just happened that they both were single.
Speaker 5: It's just I'm sure they're in the I'm sure they're in the huddle right now, or we'll be sown.
Speaker 2: Oh the huddle. Oh I get you. Okay, that's that's pretty clever, Romeo. You got to wonder who's calling the place though. We'll see, we'll see, Romie. I loved your call man. This was one of the top calls of the year, never mind the week.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's a quarterback sneaker that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Romeo, you caught the drift. You caught the drift. We're thinking the same thing. All right, We're gonna take a quick break. We will be back with poor phone calls and more conversation. Right after this, it's Night Side.
Speaker 1: With Dan Ray and Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go, and we go to Ellen in Brighton. Ellen, welcome next to a night Side. We're talking about Bill Belichick and George.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm a little bit nervous. I've never done this before.
Speaker 5: Well, I love.
Speaker 7: Your show, very interesting. You know, I realize this is some sort of form of entertainment, but I just think it's a little bit sad that we, you know, everything going on in the world that we're people will get sort of obsessed or amused or whatever with other people's sex lives. I mean, who is who can know something?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, don't be nervous. That's your first time calling.
Speaker 7: I am Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, we got to give you a out of the cost of to get a standing ovation. Thank you very much. Thank you, Well, you think you have to thank the audience that that's that's who gave you the plus. Look, here's the deal. We do a lot of serious stuff.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of sus.
Speaker 2: We do a lot of serious stuff during the week, and we try to lighten up a little bit on Friday. To be honest with you, and I have to believe, and maybe I'm wrong, but I have to believe wherever people were this week, Belichick, actually this was brilliantly done when you think about it, by Belichick and by Jordan Hudson, because it's apparently public knowledge that they happened to meet on an airplane. Okay, a lot of people meet airplane. But as soon as the reporter slash morning anchor Sunday Morning, who was who really is an anchor during the week? Tony Duopel does he asked that question, she shut him down. She said, not talking about this, and and.
Speaker 7: I don't know why they would do that, I mean, it's common knowledge.
Speaker 2: Well, I think she was afraid that she's smart cookie, a smart person. I think that she was afraid that one question would lead to another question, to another question. And I think that she's decided it's almost like a judge in the courtroom. We're not going there and and someone objects, objection, substained, sustained. So she basically controlled the interview brilliantly.
Speaker 7: All right, why did they go on there in the first place that this was going to be asked?
Speaker 2: Well, no, they went on to sell books, Okay, which they have.
Speaker 7: I didn't see the interview.
Speaker 2: Well, he's selling his book. A book is called The Art of Winning, and so he has, uh, you know, he's he's not going to Belichick isn't going to do one hundred interviews on the book. A lot of authors will do one hundred interviews. Because he's Bill Belichick, he can do three or four big interviews and he blankets you know that he gets to the people he wants to wants to get to. The book is called the Art of Winning. So they got the interview, they got the publicity, and then in addition, by not answering that question, they got a pile of follow on publicity, which was brilliant.
Speaker 7: Any publicity is good, publicity good, bad, and different whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Well in this.
Speaker 2: Case, yeah, I mean when somebody gets indicted for something, that's not good publicity. But you know what I'm saying, yeah, as if.
Speaker 7: You're everybody knows about them, then they get to sign.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, but I don't know. There's a lot of people. We had a fellow on last night at nine o'clock who had spent time in prison, form of state representative, who's really I admired because he's come out and I think he's getting his life back together and he's trying to turn it in more positive. He was. He went in because he had an addiction to gambling. Representative former Representative Dave Nango. I really respect and admire what he's trying, what he's trying to do here, but but beyond that, So, yeah, that's what we're talking about. It. It prompted you to call, which is great. Was there anyone in your circle?
Speaker 7: My boy My boyfriend's downstairs and he's the big football person, and I said, I'm calling dent Rich. He's like, they're gonna be on there along. You're gonna be waiting a long time. I said, I.
Speaker 2: Don't wait that long. You weren't waiting that long.
Speaker 7: No, I wasn't waiting that long at all.
Speaker 2: Ellen. I'm so glad you call. Thank you so.
Speaker 7: Much, Thank you very welcome. Have a good night.
Speaker 2: You too, would do me a favorite callback anytime, call back anytime.
Speaker 7: Okay, I might just do that.
Speaker 2: I would appreciate it. Thanks, Alan, have a good one.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thanks, good night all.
Speaker 2: Let me keep rolling here, gonna go to Patty in the car. Patty in the car. Oh, I figured this was Patty. Patty, you, I know, are gonna have some insight that most people would not have. Give us your insight.
Speaker 7: Please, okay, ready, don I'm ready.
Speaker 6: Thank you for.
Speaker 8: I wanted to just tell you you could love whoever you are to love. And if you're asked a question, it's not what you say, but it's how you say it. And honestly, I was sewing away and I heard her snarpy little voice.
Speaker 4: And I went, oh my god.
Speaker 6: That wasn't nice.
Speaker 8: She could have said, oh, you know what, we agree to not talk about this, yeah, and or in a nice way. Not it was very sharp.
Speaker 2: It was an imperious tone. It was we're not talking about this, and de cooppo said. The reporter said no, and she said no. End of conversation. That's my car, that's my editor. Oil comment. Pretty affection. Where where the boss?
Speaker 1: She's a boss?
Speaker 8: Gleen and you know what, honestly, by the guy, I look like her, I'm so much younger.
Speaker 7: I'd let her probably.
Speaker 2: Take the ring too.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe that's what happens.
Speaker 8: Right These young people, the young ns are very snarpy and very okay to like, not be diplomatic and soft and gentle.
Speaker 2: They're just harsh. I notice it. Well, you you you you nailed that, and I think a lot of people would agree with you as to what that was all about. I was very surprised that the now Belichick through the football program down at You and See, released a statement saying that this went beyond the bounds that they had agreed upon. That's what the Belichick camp was saying, while CBS said, no, there was no agreement. We didn't say that, you know, you know, we didn't say we're not going to talk about this, we're not going to talk about this. But guess what they got the interview. Belichick got publicity for the book, and we're talking about it Friday night, five nights after Sunday.
Speaker 8: So right, we've been talking about it all week.
Speaker 4: And you know what, why.
Speaker 8: Can't she tell where they met?
Speaker 2: Why do you have to be why do you have to Okay, here's here's my thought. My thought is that that he's not the most outgoing guy in the world. You know that just from having watched him here in New England for twenty years, more than twenty years, and she probably looked at that as an opened the door question that that might lead to other questions. That's the only thing I can think of. I mean, he could have said, you know, you know, the truth was they met on it supposedly on an airplane and okay, so that's I think what the truth is. Because Ed, well, you know, I had the good fortunate of sitting next to Jordan and we struck up a conversation. Well, no matter what he says, then decoppo might have said, what was that conversation about?
Speaker 5: You know, you could have gone down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it could have gone down. It's almost a similar of judge in the court of law when when when a question is asked of a witness and the question is deemed to be uh irrelevant, Uh, the lawyer who represents the witness jumps up and him Jackson says, you're on, ob Jack, what's the ground's relevance? You know, if the if the judge says sustained then that that that course of questioning is precluded, and maybe that's what she was doing. Just the thought, just the thought, Patty, it is always so great. It is always so great to hear from you, your voice.
Speaker 4: I hope all is well, you know, you know, and.
Speaker 8: I hope one day our past cross and we streak up a conversation for hours, because you are the best.
Speaker 2: Well, I will always rick it nice your voice, and we don't live that for a week. We could always someday maybe grab a cup of coffee in the morning. Okay, I would love it.
Speaker 8: I would meet you anywhere.
Speaker 7: I would love that. I know I know.
Speaker 2: From previous calls where you are. So we're we're not that far. We're not that far apart. And I love to meet my listeners. We had that event last Sunday down at the restaurant Neuroli's in Westwood. We had one hundred and seventy eight listeners come to that event. Oh, I wish I knew. I would have loved that. Oh, we talked about it for weeks. We talked about it for weeks. Patty, you would have been joined.
Speaker 5: It was a great.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm the last to hear everything, but.
Speaker 2: That's okay, right, all right, Patty, thank you so much. Have a great weekend to join this.
Speaker 8: Wonderful week Thanks Patty.
Speaker 2: Bye bye. Let me go to Susanna and Susanne you were next on Nightside. Want to get your perspective in here? Go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, I will say not. My husband was the same, friend Romeo, but thank you for taking by.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 6: I have been to Annapolis. Friends retired there, and I went to with them to an army navy game. I think it's either a navy or army that are called the goats.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, one, I think it's navy. Has the goat? Yeah, I think, I think so. And I think has a mule? One is the mule on the show? Well, and so are you surprised at this, at this budding romantic relationship. You're a woman of a certain age. Let's let's be honest. You're a woman of a certain age.
Speaker 6: You think is my whole wise I've ever been anybody's creative news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but do you do you? Are you okay with this as a as a you know, as a a woman of a certain age, as you've described yourself to me, Are you okay with Well.
Speaker 6: If I were a.
Speaker 10: Widow, I net somebody on the concourse and I might fly over with the Red Angels or Blue Angels, I don't know, but Annapolis.
Speaker 2: And what about what about if if you met a professional football player, Suzanne, some twenty six year old hunkg age would not prevent you from developing.
Speaker 6: I'm not yourself, bunch of neither.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough? All right on that note, Susan, I gotta let you run. Thanks much, great to hear you. I have a great night, good night. Yeah, we'll be back. I've got one one line at six ones, actually got two lines at six one seven nine. Got one line at six one seven, two thirty dial. Now we are changing topics at ten o'clock if you want to get your two cents in on the relationship. Not exactly sure. None of us are exactly sure of the relationships between the seventy three year old football coach and the twenty four year old what did he call a creative mus is what he calls creative news, whatever that is. We'll be back. Well, I can think what it is, but I'm not going to say it on the air. We'll be back on nightside right after this, It's Night.
Speaker 1: Side with Dan Ray and Bill you b Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: We go all right, we're back, let's keep rolling. He're gonna go to a Nick in Abington. Nick, appreciate you calling in your thoughts on the Bill Belichick Jordan Hudson controversy.
Speaker 4: Love your show. I listened to it all the time. It took me fifty years to get you on the phone. I've been listening to you for fifty years.
Speaker 2: So your first your first time caller.
Speaker 11: I'm a first time caller. I listened to.
Speaker 2: Jana the Claws first. Lock's only eighteen on radio the other part of fifty with thirty one years on TV. But I'm still delighted to talk to you anyway.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 11: My mother, my mother, who was eighty nine years old. She's a little old Greek lady.
Speaker 4: She used to watch you all the time, every every night, Dan Ray and whoever else was on the show. And she knew if she knew I was talking to you right now, she'd probably flip out. But I had to pull over before I wrecked my car just to just to get my bearings together to talk about this nonsense. I'm herring, okay, and I think it's just nonsense. And you know what my father used to say, Nick, if you're like live long enough, you'll see it all. I've seen it all. I'm an attorney.
Speaker 11: You're a lawyer. Yep, you know I've seen these things play out.
Speaker 4: You know, he's seventy three, she's twenty four. Okay, he's got a couple of bucks.
Speaker 11: She's okay looking.
Speaker 4: She's not the greatest looking chick, but she's got him wrapped inside.
Speaker 2: I think she's pretty. I think for the pictures i've seen, Nick, I think you know, she's not chop livers. She's she's a good looking woman.
Speaker 4: No, she's not Trump. But Dan, she's twenty four years old. I mean back when you were twenty four year old, you're a more handsome guy.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, men age. Men have the advantage of aging more gracefully. Any woman over fifty will tell you that. You know that. I don't agree with that, but that's okay.
Speaker 11: Listen, you went to law school.
Speaker 4: I've seen this. I'm seeing this down the trough. There is an agenda, Hair, there's somewhere here an agenda. This is not about love, This is not about nothing. This guy is not an adonis. You know, he's not fabio with long hair and big muscles. He's got a couple of bucks. He was an okay coach. Thank god he had Brady with him, because you're right, You're right.
Speaker 11: He would have been a loser.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I'll tell you if if he and Brady had gone to single clubs when when they both were single, he could have been Brady's wing man. He would have been he would have done okay.
Speaker 4: But the but the problem that I see, yeah, and I only look at as a as a legal problem, is that there is an agenda. There is going to be something down the road. And mock this on your calendar today. There's some somewhere down the road. It only takes and you know this very well, one wrong accusation, a one wrong mistake, and this poor guy is going to find himself in hot water and he's not going to be able to get out of well.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you never know. What I always like to nick, I always like to give the benefit of the possibility of true love. I call me an idealist.
Speaker 11: No such thing.
Speaker 4: This Bill Belichick needs to wake up. Okay, look at his next girlfriend. The next Giruplin was gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Very Yes, yes, he's he's been, he's had always had pretty women associated with him. And and you know, good luck, good luck to Bill that Nick. Let me tell you, I don't know if you if your mom is still alive or if she's looking down on us tonight, but you made her proud. I'm sure she's up in heaven. I'm convinced that our.
Speaker 7: Sign he's still alive.
Speaker 2: Oh great, that's even better. That's even better. I hope she's listening.
Speaker 4: Oh, I gotta work in Bill Belichick. Wake up, dude, because you're gonna get yourself in trouble. It's not gonna be pretty. Wake up seventy three years old?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, Okay, well he had Bill. You know you give and Bill Bill some free legal advice tonight, and again advice.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know what lawyer is gonna build him out of any situation, but that that is a recipe right there for disaster and mock my words.
Speaker 2: Do me a favor. Will you play this call for your mom? Go tomorrow when you see you this weekend or whenever nightside, and demand in the in the nine o'clock hour, and and please give her a hug for me, okay, and tell us thank you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate and I like I said, I saw the interview and I'm like, oh boy, Jesus my lord, I said, twenty four years old. Twenty four years old, and she's telling them what to do.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh christ, Yeah, normally that takes a while in a relationship. From my experience, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'll leave you with this, and you're an icon in Boston and you'll you'll be a living legend five beyond your time.
Speaker 11: It's going to be a disaster. Ok Lock my word, I love you.
Speaker 2: Hopefully I'll be around for a while and we can. I wish them the best. I still want to believe in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, disaster many many times.
Speaker 4: He's got deep pockets and it's going to cost him big.
Speaker 2: What sort of law do you practice? If I could ask, I'm just curious.
Speaker 11: I'm a criminal attorney.
Speaker 2: Criminal attorney. Well, that speaks to your experience.
Speaker 4: And it's gonna be ugly times.
Speaker 2: I love that phrase. I've got to steal that from you, man, I really am. No, I won't send you the bell, all right, No problem is we're.
Speaker 4: Taking my call now. Now I can continue my travels home.
Speaker 2: Right, please drive carefully and again give you Mama hug for me. Okay, I mean that serious. I will thank you. Nick, have a great one to call again. Will you don't be a stranger. Let's go to buck in Gloucester. Fuck, you're a man of a certain age.
Speaker 9: I sure am, sir. Yeah, I am so seventy. I'm seventy five and people are astounded by that, and that's kind of nice. I just say, don't you take those years away from me? Or I'm just tall for my age. But you know, Nick is a great caller. But I'm with you. I'm optimistic about this. I love Bill Belichick what he did for all of us, right, and so I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if he did it for you and me, but he did it for his employer for I don't think that that he was given the new Rockney speech. Win this for Bucking Dan, get out there and with you for Bucket, Dan, I don't think so go ahead.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, Dan, I was driving home and I heard you setting this up, and you are so stellar on whatever the subject is. You you just it's just great. And I had to call. Well, here's here's you know, he was in acting where we raised our son. He was in acting at indoor lacrosse seat watching his son. Yeah, okay, and everybody, everybody was just leaving him alone. And I happened to leave, and he happened to be right behind me, and I held the door as form as you know. We went out and he said thank you, and I said you're welcome, coach.
Speaker 2: So coaches love to be called coach.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and and and the other thing is I tell people I've had a very lawful life, but in Connecticut I have a warrant for my arrest for robbing the cradle. My wife is five and a half years younger than me, and you know, to her, I robbed the cradle.
Speaker 2: But great, when did you any first meet how? I mean, I hope you weren't fifteen and she was nine.
Speaker 9: And a half right, No, no, no, I.
Speaker 5: Know, I know.
Speaker 9: Well, I was working the World Trade Center and I went to a party in New York, not far from where I lived, and she was there with girlfriends from Holy Cross and she was working in Springfield. Young people won't understand this. I danced with her a slow dance, okay, And at the end of the night I got her address and started writing and I would call her and she would call me back on the eight hundred number. Kids can't understand that, right, And then we had a long distance relationship. Then she moved.
Speaker 2: How were you at the time, I.
Speaker 9: Was about thirty.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's a good thing. That's that's really age, hey, Bucke, But let me just run amount of time. I'm assuming you and your wife is still together and happily married.
Speaker 9: Right, like crazy, brother, like crazy.
Speaker 2: You know, you're a lucky man. You're a lucky man, and she's a lucky woman. And again, hope, let us hope that the coach Belichick finds a true love here. I'm I want to be. I'm still a bit of a sentimental romantic care and I hope it works.
Speaker 11: I'm with you, both of them.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, all right, Facebook, Thank you, bye, Dan, bye bye. Talk to you soon. All right. We get back when we carry our sports theme a little bit, folks, and we're going to talk with an author who has chosen the fifty greatest professional sports athletes in Boston, and I'm going to disagree with them on somebody. I hope you participate too. And then at eleven tonight, I'm going to ask you how did you meet your special squeeze. We now know how Bill Belichick and Jordan Hudson met. That was suggested to me today by one of our viewers on Nightside pregame. That's how the show works. You guys participate all the time. Coming back on Nightside