Speaker 1: Tricia, what's the first thing made you laugh today?
Speaker 2: All right, they should do YouTube rapped so everyone can see the embarrassing stuff we all couldn't do without a video tutorial this year.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think that would be hilarious.
Speaker 1: I lean on them a lot.
Speaker 4: I use a lot of Jack Watch, I do a lot of tutorials, and I'm so glad they're there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, thank you to the people who take the time to do it. I've fixed so many things on my computer with the tutorials.
Speaker 1: A lot of those channels are monetized. They make money for doing them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they get a lot of views like how to do whatever, whatever you got to get done. I remember years ago, your mother needed some help with something. It's something fairly simple, and I finally wrote her I said, you know, you could find pretty much how to do anything on YouTube. And I was like, oh, I hope she didn't take that the wrong.
Speaker 3: Way, that I didn't sound sassy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that I didn't want to help her out or whatever. But since then the requests have declined, they have gone down. So YouTube smart thing.
Speaker 1: Good thing. It can be a bad thing too, I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean sure, mostly good though. I fixed my car and my computer. I feel very manly.
Speaker 4: Coming up on the show today, we're going to play song quiz. Hopefully we continue our winning streak. Speaking of winners, we've got a list of the winners and losers of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: And what do you have? First? In the story we Love?
Speaker 2: Oh Sandy, I know it's almost Christmas, but I have a haunted forest story for y'all and one man who's a little irritated about the whole thing.
Speaker 1: All right, stay with us a haunted forest story.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas, Good morning.
Speaker 1: It's the Sandy Show.
Speaker 4: We are proud partners with our bank, featuring eight locations across Central Texas and online at www.
Speaker 1: The letter r Bob Bank.
Speaker 4: Member Fdi s, Hey, I know it's the Christmas season, but Trisia's got kind of a halloweeny story for us.
Speaker 1: I do about a haunted forest. It's coming up in just a second.
Speaker 4: Be sure to grab our podcast. It's called The Sandy Show. It's free wherever you get your podcast. The Stories we Love all right.
Speaker 2: All I could think when I read this story was imagine how annoyed this guy must have felt when he found out why nobody came to save him. A twenty two year old guy in Thailand fell forty feet down in abandoned well and survived. Couldn't get out, so he started screaming for help, but nobody came. The well was in a remote forest, but there's a small village nearby where people should have been able to hear him.
Speaker 3: It turns out that several people in the village.
Speaker 2: Did hear him, but they did not go to investigate because they assumed it was a ghost making all the noise.
Speaker 3: They thought the forest was haunted.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this guy was in the well.
Speaker 2: He was in the well for three days before cops driving by heard his screams. He told them he'd only been yelling one hour once an hour to conserve energy, so it's like it that they were driving by when they did. Took about a half hour f room to get rescued. He was covered in bruises, head injury, broken wrists. They ended up sealing at the well. So over a long story short, he fell in the well and was screaming, and people heard, but they're like, wait, you going out there.
Speaker 3: That forest is haunted. We are not going in there.
Speaker 2: The more plausible explanation than somebody human was out there.
Speaker 3: Hurt was that it was a ghost that was making all the noise.
Speaker 4: That made more sense, correct than a human being in me than anybody saying maybe it's a person and we should go check it out.
Speaker 1: Oh I bet that guy's mad.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, so irritated.
Speaker 2: Close head wound. If he had stayed down there longer, he could have died. I know, bad things could have happened. But you know, like over sixty percent of people in America do believe in ghosts, So I feel like maybe that could happen here if we're not careful.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in them? I do really belief, no doubt in your mind.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so ghosts sometimes has the connotation of scary, you know, like horror movies. I guess I should say I believe in like spirits of people who have passed on and and my my most in your face example of this is I have a friend Holly, who passed away from cancer several years ago.
Speaker 3: Before she died, she for one of her birthday parties.
Speaker 2: She had one of those painting parties where she invited a bunch of people and we all painted the exact same picture. Everybody looks different, right because she painted it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I had that picture leaning on a shelf in my closet, and I was in that closet one day and I had been thinking about Holly. I was on the opposite side of the closet and that picture moved. I was nowhere near the picture and it tilted forward a little bit. I heard the noise and I looked and the picture had moved. I was nowhere near it, and I'd just been thinking about her, And I think that was her like touching the picture to let me know she was there.
Speaker 1: Really, I do.
Speaker 4: When I get if I if you ever find out these like when you die you find out all these things. Yeah, there be a lot of people. Go dude, I was trying to get a hold.
Speaker 3: Of you, but I couldn't trying to warn you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't pay any attention.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: You want to know something super weird too. Another reason I believe in him. This one's kind of scary.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: You know, it's during the day, taking a nap, you're like in between sleeping awake. Yeah, And I put hand to a bible woke up because it felt like somebody took their finger put it on my forehead and pushed my head back into the pillow, and it woke me out of that twilight sleep.
Speaker 1: You think it was?
Speaker 3: I think? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Could been my grandfather being like, hey, wake up. Are you sleeping there in the day? Yeah, could have been Hollies and what's up girl. I don't know what it was, but I'm telling you my head. I felt it on my forehead, my head pushed back into the pillow. If I'm lying, I'm dying, Sandy.
Speaker 1: It was me.
Speaker 3: It was not you. Nobody was there.
Speaker 1: I'll be really disappointed if we don't win today, Tricia.
Speaker 2: I know it'll be embarrassing. My family potentially could disown me.
Speaker 4: We're playing song Quiz and the category is going to be classic country. So let's go ahead and get to get and echo play song quiz.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to song Quiz. How many people want to play song quiz?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 5: To play a music decade, say decade. To play a brand new music genre, say genre genre. Choose a music genre you can say today's top hits, stay at home party boy bands versus girl bands. Try the featured playlist Sagittarius season or say more more. Choose a music genre. You can say two thousands rap, classic country, sixties rock, or say more classic country. Starting your classic country game. Your opponent is Nick Hill. Don't forget about your lifelines. They're there if you need them. Question one for ten points, The Dixie Chicks Take Me Away, swish. You got the full twenty pus. Your score is twenty and Nick hill score is ten. Question two of five for ten points, don't.
Speaker 1: Rock the Jukebox. Don't Rock the Jukebox by Alan Jackson.
Speaker 5: You have gumption. You got the full twenty points. Your score is forty and Nick Hill's score is twenty. Question three for ten points, just jam.
Speaker 1: Johnny Cash.
Speaker 5: You got the artist for ten points, the title was fulsome prison belief. Your score is fifty and Nick hills score is thirty. Question four for twenty points, I.
Speaker 6: Might have had a side kids inane ron I.
Speaker 1: Mean Keith right, Toby Keith should have been a cowboy yeehaw.
Speaker 5: Or You've got the full thirty points. Your score is eighty and Nick Hill's score is fifty. It's time for the song quiz bonus round, so read question five for forty points.
Speaker 3: Eat a Break the Jazz loves.
Speaker 1: The title Shania Twain feel like a woman.
Speaker 5: Bless your heart. You got the full fifty picks. Your score is one hundred and thirty and Nick Hill's score is one hundred ooh one. You must be grinning like a possum eating a sweet potato.
Speaker 3: So corn potato is a weird reference.
Speaker 1: Oh so corny. Victory. Though Victory got them all.
Speaker 3: Clear and concise victim.
Speaker 1: The only one we didn't get was the title of the Johnny Cash song.
Speaker 2: Evin.
Speaker 3: It was a true team effort this time.
Speaker 2: I would quite as on as much on the sideline as I have been in the past.
Speaker 4: I'm prouty e Aatrish, Good job, car.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, Sandy. Here's your first question. Care or don't care?
Speaker 2: To find out what Liquid Death and Depends have teamed up to create.
Speaker 1: Liquid Depth of Water. Yep, I care.
Speaker 2: They have teamed up and created an adult diaper for heavy metal concerts. It's a pit diaper, so in your twenties, you can get into a mosh pit and not have to worry about having to go to the bathroom and losing your place. Now maybe a little bit older, maybe sometimes some guys have to go to the bathroom. So Depends created it looks it's a pleth looks like a speedo almost with the little pointy things on it, and a depends diaper fits inside, and when you order one you get a whole box, so that depends dipers that fit it like a cod piece.
Speaker 3: That way you can stay in the pit. You don't have to leave together.
Speaker 1: You can go to the bathroom in your pants.
Speaker 2: Tea on your sale. But it's in the diaper. You don't have to leave the mosh pit. That's gross, it's disgusting. I'll leave the pit, leave the pit and go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't made one for girls.
Speaker 3: Nope, it's just for men.
Speaker 2: Huh Yeah, heavy metal concerts.
Speaker 1: This is stupid. This is not going to last long.
Speaker 2: It's limited time and it's seventy five dollars if you want to buy the items.
Speaker 4: Someone pitched that idea and got it through. Yet you can't get barbecue shoes done.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to make my barbecue shoes, but they want to make a pit diaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes sense, makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Somebody right part? That is a great idea.
Speaker 1: You need the right part.
Speaker 3: I know, all's all in. Who you know, Sandy?
Speaker 2: Do you care or don't care to find out what Pantone has revealed as it's color of the Year for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: First of all, what's Pantone?
Speaker 2: Pan Tone is like a paint company, you know, Sherwin Williams can tell you get colors.
Speaker 3: They do a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 4: Never heard of them before, So yeah, I guess I care what they're color of the year.
Speaker 2: Color of the year is the specific shade name is mocha moose. Everybody's saying the color of the year is poop. Oh, it's a poop a brown mocha color.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people really get into this stuff when they're doing in tier design for the cuming year. I want to be kind of on the cutting edge of what's going to be big.
Speaker 3: This poop mocha color is apparently big.
Speaker 4: So people that are got to really into this they change the color every year to stay hip.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they could.
Speaker 2: I mean, some people paint their rooms their house in tear of their house all the time. But like, if you're designing something new and want you're at least for now for your house to be like edgy in they might they're gonna look at colors of the year A lot.
Speaker 1: All right? What else?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Do you care or don't care? To find out? This is in fruit noos, sandy people who feel sorry for bananas.
Speaker 3: What they do?
Speaker 2: Stores do this to try and sell the older bananas. What they do to make the people sorry for the bananas and buy them.
Speaker 4: Why I care about this? How it's gonna affect my day? But okay, I'll care.
Speaker 2: The researchers put single bananas, older bananas out with a sign that says we are sad singles.
Speaker 3: We want to be bought as well.
Speaker 2: They did this, and the sales of single bananas jumped by almost sixty percent.
Speaker 1: Oh this is like people that.
Speaker 4: Let's say there's a bunch of bananas and they're say they're six in them, they only want five.
Speaker 3: They tear break one off.
Speaker 2: Okay, So by putting out though we're sad, sales of the single bananas jumped by almost sixty percent. They also put signs out next to happy bananas only.
Speaker 3: I mean the sales jumped like five percent. So people are more empathetic to the sad singles.
Speaker 1: I just want to get this out in front of everybody right now.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am a little bit butt hurt about what you're about to hear. And normally things don't bother me too much, but this kind of does JB tell everybody what you shared with us.
Speaker 6: I should not have shared it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to listen to it for a couple of days.
Speaker 7: I'm sure you know I have a because I'm vain, I guess I have a Google alert on my name. I do too, and if an article comes up, you know that that I I get alerted. And then it just happened a couple of days ago, and I was like.
Speaker 6: Oh what am I? I'm not doing much?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: What are people writing about me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: This is the thing in Google You just put your name in and then anytime an article is published with your name in it, you get an email notification.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: And it was a Statesman article breaking down all the local celebrities by category, whether it's athlete, actors, singers, local media who have played mother Ginger because bench I think Vince Young was doing it and that's why they did the story. Maybe he's done it more than once, but and my name was in there, and that's why I got the Google alert. Now I shouldn't have told Sandy because he did it before I ever did it, like way before I ever did it. And I think you did it more than one twice twice.
Speaker 4: I've been mother Ginger at the at the Nutcracker, and it's a cool thing to get to do. In fact, my parents were in town once, remember that, Tricia. Yep, what I did it, and my poor dad had to sit through that whole damn ballet.
Speaker 3: And they did not mention your name.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't included in the article.
Speaker 6: Now, yeah, got hurt.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to find it. I think I saw the article. It listed everybody else in it. Hale Dudley got mentioned in it. JD got mentioned in it, and I didn't get mentioned in it. And I've done it twice and I was told, well, I could probably tell everybody this that I was one of the best mother Gingers.
Speaker 3: Did they tell you when you did it?
Speaker 1: JB?
Speaker 4: I'm sure very disappointing, But now it's all good.
Speaker 1: It's all good. I did.
Speaker 3: Maybe you made the person who wrote the article, Matt. Maybe they got beef with you.
Speaker 7: Maybe so, I mean, I wouldn't be the Michael Barnes. I didn't look at who reat it? But I'm tight with Michael. I'm on up of mind because we did a broadcast together for a few years.
Speaker 4: But I mean, my god, they dug back through all the old names. How did my name get not pop up to somewhere?
Speaker 6: I'm just I found I found the article?
Speaker 1: Who wrote?
Speaker 6: Uh, good question?
Speaker 1: Let me go back out?
Speaker 2: Statesman could be mad at the statesman, Yeah it was my It was Michael because he always tolds all the theater stuff.
Speaker 4: He needs to write another article and correct that traction?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 3: When they're like, oh, we have to correct this or we left this off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Here are some of them.
Speaker 7: Politicians k Bailey, Hutchinson and Richards, Lloyd Doggett, Kirk Watson, will Win, Carol Keaton, Steve Adler, Lee Leffingwell, Mayors, a lot of them, all our mayors, Branish did it? Athletes Vince Young, Tom Kite, Major Apple, Why, Augie Garrito, Yeah, Lance Armstrong mm hmm, Hollywood Henderson, Jody, Conrad Gilbert to a Bonnie the Runner, Paul Carros another Runner, musician, Sarah Hickman, Ray Benson, Sean Colvin, pat Green, Kathy Valentine from Kichi Friedman Graham Reynolds and Peter Bay philanthropists, Michael Dell did its. Uh, let me skip educators, We'll skip that.
Speaker 6: Entertainers. Joe Sears, he's one of.
Speaker 3: The Tuna Christmas guys Heater Tuna.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Ray Anderson, Shannon Sedwick, I've met Shannon Sedwick. She's with Esther's Follies, I think. Yeah, Churk, Pipkin and Statesman Crew. They named some of those. Here are the media people, this is the category. Jenna Bush, Hager two, Hagar's in there. Yeah, myself, Fred can two TV, Jim Spencer TV, Ronaldlaverda TV, Julie Maggio, Evan Smith, Mark Murray, Olga kampus Dale Dudley Uh, Stephen Moser, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Connor, Sandy Boy.
Speaker 4: Sandy maclory really made an impression on him, really really made an impression on Thanks, Michael. Appreciate being left out of that. I really really do. Okay, Well, it's whatever I'm kidding. I hope everyone no one knows I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 7: In the now, the newspaper is mostly digital.
Speaker 6: They can go in and make edits on that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watch you get an alert tomorrow make a big must alert.
Speaker 4: You send Michael a note and say, Sandy is really really disappointed that you left him out of.
Speaker 6: That, and he's sometimes violent.
Speaker 1: On that you could say good night to this one.