Speaker 1: Welcome to Financial Issues, where we help you steward faithfully by honoring God with your investments. Now listen in as we give you the practical tools and advice you need to become a biblically responsible investor.
Speaker 2: This is Financial Issues, where we help you defund darkness and fund the light by investing with biblical integrity. Great to be here with you on Focus Friday overtime later here, folks. Also, you know we check in on our health with doctors, visits, our cars, with periodic inspections.
Speaker 3: But what about our finances.
Speaker 2: I think today's a good day to do a midyear checkup on our finances for twenty twenty six. I'm Sethiinsky, Sam case over in the control room, and here's your host, Mark Manila.
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone, Welcome to Financial Issues. Glad you're with us. As we do begin talking about a midyear checkup, It's going to be fun. I'm looking forward to take a deep breath now, breathe normal, hopefully more enjoyable than a doctor.
Speaker 3: I hate going to the doctor, so me for our listeners. That's good.
Speaker 2: Hey Mark, why don't we open our show though with our verse of the week first it get it sounds.
Speaker 4: Good, Luke sixteen to ten. He who is faithful, and what is least is faithful also and much, and he who is unjust, and what is least is unjust also and much. I hope that you've been able to meditate on this a little bit this week. You know, the second half of it really hit me more so than the first half for some reason this time around. And it's the unjust in what is least is unjust usco and much. If you think about investing and you think about, well, it doesn't matter. I know this is on the cell list now because of BRI violation, but I've held.
Speaker 5: It for this long. What's it going to hurt now type of thing?
Speaker 4: Does that give us an indication seth of Maybe a little compromise also will cause us to have big compromises.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right, Mark. I mean, well, that's why we see so many warnings in the scriptures about this. If you're willing to compromise on the little stuff, there is nothing stopping you from compromising on the big stuff. And Mark, that's not to say that the big stuff is more important than the little stuff, because it's big.
Speaker 3: What it really comes down to is a matter of the heart.
Speaker 2: If you're going to compromise on things that are small, or even on private matters, you're going to compromise in public as well. It's ultimately about having a pure heart.
Speaker 3: I believe the.
Speaker 6: New Testament warns all the time about not hardening your heart. And this is how you harden it is by little little slip ups, little giving in to temptation here and there, and that's how you lead to the road of destruction. And that's one of the things that's warning about in this verse.
Speaker 5: H well sided, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good stuff, folks. If you want to chime in on this verse or whatever we talk about today. By the way, the number six ten three six three eleven ten. Again it's focus Friday, so we want to hear from all of you. Six' ten three six three eleven. Ten all, Right, mark let's head to the doctors here for our check in, halfway so you know we we Tend. MARK i, find in my experience, anyway to look deepest at our personal financial health at certain times in our life. Cycle for, example on the cusp of a big financial, decision if you're about to buy a, house you tend to look at, it or maybe at the beginning of the new year we Do New year's, resolutions maybe during tax, season BUT i think we should also mark ad the halfway point of every year as a good time to do this deep. Dive it's halfway through the year we can check up on our. Goals So, mark let's kick it off. There what are some of the most important questions that we should be asking ourselves as we kind of comb through and assess our financial health halfway through the.
Speaker 4: Year, oh that's a good question about, Questions, Suth thank. You, YEAH i think the most important one is to ask yourself what's changed since the beginning of the, Year because almost in everyone's life something has, Changed maybe not major, changes maybe they're, small but has has your income gone up or gone?
Speaker 5: Down has purchasing gone?
Speaker 4: Up has there been new things come into your life that need financial? Attention what has changed since you set your goals at the beginning of the, year since you reviewed your finances at the end of last year and adjusted your taxes and everything is what has? Changed that's probably the most important question you could.
Speaker 5: Ask how have you?
Speaker 4: Changed how has your attitude changed to what the goals you have set for the shorter, term the one year that what has changed is the most important, QUESTION i believe and.
Speaker 2: Mark so that would then include looking back in the last six months perhaps and, saying how has my life changed to you, know maybe you had a baby in the last six, months or maybe you had a job change that's going to require some, checkout.
Speaker 4: All, right or maybe you got involved in ministry and the way you haven't, before it's changed the way you need to stewart What god has entrusted to you to make things. Happen it may actually have caused you to drop some of the goals you had or to change Those and if, so how does that affect what you Believe god wants for you in the finances that you.
Speaker 5: Have so if you.
Speaker 4: Start start off by making a, list what's changed in the last year that could affect my stewarding of my life at this point and a few few areas THAT i think, about you, know outside of those things like oh we had a new, baby or, oh you, know a tree fell on our house and we've been living in an.
Speaker 5: Hotel you, know.
Speaker 4: Outside of those ye catastrophic, changes what about my? Giving did my income go? Up HAVE i increased my? Giving did my income go? Up HAVE i adjusted my? Taxes has my income gone? Down HAVE i adjusted these things so That i'm not overpaying the government and lending them money at zero percent interest to get it all back at the? Beginning what about? Debt has my debt been coming down or as going? Up what is changing in my debt and anything else that you decided on at the beginning of the, Year like maybe you had made a commitment to give, More maybe you had made a commitment to.
Speaker 5: Save.
Speaker 4: More maybe it had made a commitment to pay down debt. More are you on? Track what's? Changed that would be the second question That i'd be. Asking AM i on track for WHAT i set as priorities at the beginning of the.
Speaker 2: Year, yeah it's, Good. Mark, Now, mark how about? This how do we strike the right balance between, good careful scrutiny of our finances where we're really combing through and we're making sure we're keeping, thinks crossing all our t's dotting all our, eyes but then also freely and open handedly operating under the grace Of god when we do these.
Speaker 4: Checkups, oh, well you, know there's no need for guilt or. SHAME i, mean the whole idea is life is a journey and you can't plan for.
Speaker 5: Everything you take a step and the world is.
Speaker 4: Different you, know you take a step over a rock and you're on the other side of the. Rock things are. Different as, such we should be constantly. Evaluating but there's a consciousness to stopping going before The lord and, saying.
Speaker 5: Okay, lord HERE i. Am.
Speaker 4: NOW i got to the top of this little, HILL i didn't realize there was a bigger hill behind. IT i had set goals for little, hill but not for big. Hill help me to re establish my, goals to honor you with all that you've entrusted to. Me so every day that there's a little bit more awareness on our journey of walking in the good works That god laid for us to walk. In every day there's more, consciousness there's more, awareness there's new newness to, it and as such we shouldn't see it As. OH i set a goal of putting AWAY x amount of dollars and THEN i took in that homeless family for three, months AND i spent all that money on, them and Now i'm behind on my. Goals i'm so ashamed. HIM i, say, no of, course not one step at a. Time The lord is a light at our. Feet he doesn't show us the next twenty. Miles he just shows us the next. Step and as, such that's why we stop in the middle of the. Year that's why we stop here and, say, hey let's take a look at what's going. On one of the Areas i'd like to, highlight, though because we only got a couple of minutes left, here is. Taxes this is an excellent time to look at your pay, stubs look at your, checks and to, say, hey how are things going with my? Withholdings how are things going with My maybe you have a lot of capital gains and you haven't done any.
Speaker 5: Estimate taxes and sent them.
Speaker 4: In maybe it's time to take a look at that and adjust your taxes to so that there's no surprises at the beginning of next year when when you have to file your taxes where you're scrambling to get money to pay taxes that you didn't pay, yet or you're getting a large amount back which could have been in your. Check but starting, now if you adjust your, withholdings so now's a good time to do, that and it's not that. Complicated you look at where your income is here to, date is it where less than last? Year you take that percentage of the difference and you, say based on, that this is what my taxes were last, year and compare it to where they are now and then adjust, it and that can give you a little bit of. Peace it might give you a little extra income, too because you might be over withholding or. Under if you're under, withholding that could really give you a heartache In april of next. Year so now's a good time to adjust that and then you, know kind of glide through the rest of the year knowing your taxes are in line and not have to worry about.
Speaker 5: Them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mark what about tax loss harvesting, too you, know keeping on the theme of. Taxes, yeah times start thinking about that as.
Speaker 4: Well it's a good time to start thinking about, it especially if you have some losers or you have some things that you're not sure what to do. With if you do have some users and they're on and they went to the cell, list well you're gonna harvest them anyway because you're gonna get rid of, them especially if they were br.
Speaker 5: Compromised you're gonna have.
Speaker 4: That but it's a time to start thinking about it and watching it because we're seeing some pullbacks, now so when we get into the third, quarter we're.
Speaker 5: Gonna start more serious about.
Speaker 4: It but maybe you could start thinking, about, hey MAYBE i should be looking at this or this or. This they don't seem to be recovering like the others, are and maybe it's time to cut my losses and harvest some harvest some tax loss to offset some of the incredible gains we almost had this. Year, hey the number, here six ten three six three eleven.
Speaker 5: TEN i know that there's.
Speaker 4: A lot going on in the, chat but you can chat directly with. Us and remember today is, overtime so let's get the calls.
Speaker 2: In hooks on This Focus, friday and we want to hear from you the number six ten three six three eleven. Ten, hey let me just tell you as, Well Mark, sam we are making good progress in Our Crossroads Kids club. Campaign we have an opportunity though here to really make up some great.
Speaker 3: Ground not that we're behind by any stretch of the.
Speaker 2: Imagination we're actually right on, schedule but we can really jump ahead of schedule with several gifts.
Speaker 3: Here so.
Speaker 2: Listen if you want to make a donation A Crossroads Kids, club you can do that at Reach ourschools dot com and get the gospel into public schools. AGAIN a gift of two hundred dollars sponsors one child for a full year in A Crossroads Kids club program at a public. School So reach Our schools dot com we got forty four kids reached so.
Speaker 3: Far that's. Awesome we're Praising god for.
Speaker 2: It our goal by the end of next Week july thirty, first is one hundred and twenty five one hundred and twenty, five so we're making good.
Speaker 3: Progress let's keep it. Going let's break it this. Weekend let's preay it two.
Speaker 6: WEEKEND i know our audience likes to give us the, tension the, suspensive but come, on.
Speaker 3: Let's just do it this week exactly.
Speaker 4: Right and what a worthy cause the gospel going out to children and going out to the, schools so public, schools which is an incredible thing to think. About and they make it so easy for churches to get, involved so that when little children do come To, christ there's a church nearby that can receive them and help them grow and walk in their. WAYS i love the, IDEA i love the idea of supporting this and this could be one of those things with that mid year, checkup is you're giving on? Track have you continued to? Give have you expanded your? Given have you embraced it? More and here's an opportunity to do. That here's an opportunity to just take a little. Bit maybe it's a lot for, some maybe it's nothing for, others but a couple one hundred dollars can bring the gospel to a, school can help bring the gospel to a. School AND i think that's to a public school and what more can we ask for than? That, YEAH i mean that's. Incredible.
Speaker 3: Amen. Mark and in case you're, wondering, folks where this money will.
Speaker 2: Go it will allow these clubs to be fully. Staffed so the well, equipped paid staff That Crossroads Kids club has will allow this clubs to be staffed and also provides gospel resources for these leaders so that they're equipped to share The home Of jesus with these. Kids great, Cause reach Our schools dot. Com that's the place to go and the goal is to open thirty new.
Speaker 4: Clubs that means thirty new public schools will have A Crossroad Kids club teaching biblical stories to, children helping them understand Who jesus was and what he did for.
Speaker 5: THEM i, mean, yeah.
Speaker 4: Praise god For, Crossword Crossroads Kids club does Praise god for. Them, amen join us as we support. Them, yeah six, ten, three, six, three eleven. Ten that is the place to go to call in join us on the, phones. Folks, Yesterday, mark everything. Dropped there was some big tech stocks that.
Speaker 2: Dropped as we talked a little bit about, Yesterday oil also. ROSE i Saw brent crude top one hundred dollars a, barrel heightened tension in The Middle, East so all the major indices were, down especially The nasdaq was down over two. Percent, however the pre markets this morning have turned around. Nicely at least they were mostly in the, green The nasdaq slightly in the. Red right, Now Oil i'm Seeing mark, Thankfully Tech West Texas intermedia is below ninety dollars a, barrel And brent crude is below ninety.
Speaker 3: Eight so that's good from where it was.
Speaker 5: Yesterday Right, well, yeah, absolutely it's the.
Speaker 4: Markets it's going to go up and, down especially when we as we have been speaking about for six months, now with the valuations of the stock prices being so high for so, long we expect. Poolbacks we expect some even possible corrections in things like tech, ai even financials.
Speaker 5: Possibility but the good news is.
Speaker 4: That money's not going all into. BONDS a lot of it is just being dispersed into other sectors of the. Economy and if you're well, diversified which we highly recommend on the, show you're seeing some of that lift.
Speaker 5: Other areas like BioMed and things like.
Speaker 4: That so, continue continue to be. Diversified don't let, it don't let it bother. You, yes we'll see some Some when we see thirty sixty percent returns in six, months you have to, expect uh that that that climb also means that there's a dip on the other. Side but if the company's made out of financial issue, still it also means that the long run is still. There the long term is. There the ride isn't over when that dip. Comes so we don't panic and jump ship unless the unless the fundamentals and the balance sheet really start decomposing as, well.
Speaker 6: Unless the wood of the ship is rotting right and you, jump or the wood on the roller coaster is, rotting, well that's that's even worse. Problem you don't even have the dinghies to get into that's, Right, Mark we've used the roller coaster analogy a lot this. Summer do you do you see any any rotting in the wood of the? Market roller?
Speaker 3: Coaster do you? Know, actually it's just a roller. Coaster it's going to go up and.
Speaker 5: Down, yeah that It that's what it's going to.
Speaker 4: Do everybody's looking for the best, deal and often a lot of, investors especially when we talk about the larger investment firms and, stuff they're constantly, shifting trying to get ahead of everybody else so that when the money pours in this, segment they're already.
Speaker 5: There so.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like imagine a million people standing around upon throwing rocks in. It one causes a ripple, effects but a million those ripple. Effects you have a million ripple. Effects some of those ripple effects cancel out, others some combine with others and cause small waves that.
Speaker 5: Rode the, bank and some.
Speaker 4: Deposit you, know it's just over and over. Again there's so much activity it's hard to. Really we really wouldn't even want to have a market that didn't have a lot of volatility in. It if we, did it wouldn't go. Anywhere what would be the use of investing in?
Speaker 3: It, well Said mark six ten three six three eleven. Ten, mark here's a good question from a listener NAMED, jp twenty five years. Old he's, Saying, hello my wife AND i are in the process of saving up to buy our first home in a few.
Speaker 2: Years that's exciting, stuff he, Says we're curious to get there.
Speaker 3: Faster so should we have the money in a high yield savings?
Speaker 2: Acount should we save the money there or should we put the money into a regular brokerage account to potentially grow.
Speaker 3: More we want to avoid taxes as.
Speaker 2: Much as we, can so should we invest IN ETFs index funds or can we use regular?
Speaker 3: Stocks Boy, mark this is a good.
Speaker 2: Question, obviously they want to get the highest down payment they, can so should they try to go faster in investing it or should they go maybe a little bit slower but safer in the highields Savings what do you?
Speaker 5: Think, no it's really. Not it's really. Not if you have a goal that's a short term, goal like a year to three, years that goal to be.
Speaker 4: Met to protect yourself to be able to meet that goal should be in A i keep it in a low risk or no risk account such as an ensured high yield savings account or something like, that and you AND i know your head's, Going, oh But, MARK i just SAID i wanted to be IN ets and SO i could get more money In, well here's the. Deal there's no guarantee, there and as a matter of, fact where we're at in the, market there's probably just as much possibility that you'll end up with less money than you're starting.
Speaker 5: With so you don't want that to. Happen it'd be.
Speaker 4: Terrible to get two years down the road and it's and you find the house you, want but the markets are on a serious pullback or or, correction and you've lost ten percent of down. Payment now you have to go find a way to make up that extra ten percent to get the house that you. Want short term goals need to be in protected, accounts protecting against market swings and things like that.
Speaker 5: We just talked.
Speaker 4: About we just talked about the roller coaster of the. Markets, remember the markets are a. Jungle they're not. There They're they're not like Disney. Land they're not a padded protected place to go to have a little. Fun the markets are there to steal you blind if they. Can lions and tigers and bears are there to each you live if they, Can so you don't want to go into the markets with something that you need in the very near. TERM i would not put this, money this house money into individual stocks or ats or index.
Speaker 5: Funds those those can be.
Speaker 4: Great for longer term, investing but not for shorter term goals where you're going to need that. Money AND i wouldn't let the idea meant and something about taxes in, THERE.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 4: BELIEVE i wouldn't let worrying about taxes be a big. Deal the taxes aren't a big. Deal the stock market has, taxes the savings account has. Taxes don't let that drive where you put the. Money, uh it's just a, percentage that's all it. Is so when we go into investing their savings or anything that the government will have their fingers in. It we know that going, In so don't get bothered by. That know that this is your. Term you're putting money away to get it to increase your, lifestyle to give you a better, lifestyle hopefully your family better, protection and instead of of renting where your money doesn't go to being an.
Speaker 5: Owner ownership is part of developing.
Speaker 4: Wealth now you'll be an owner and you'll start developing wealth in your house as it. Appreciates this is a good. Thing so don't get, risky don't get ahead of yourself on. It be safe and saving up for that.
Speaker 3: House, mark that's, great you. KNOW i see In jp a desire to grow this money as quickly as he. Can but the growth that, DOESN'T i, mean the growth can Come, mark to use kind of a term the old fashioned, way where you are adding to.
Speaker 2: It you are the one adding to. It you're not relying on the markets going. Up you are the one adding to it and making it. Grow and it's making a little bit of interest in that high yield, savings but the main bulk of the growth is you putting that money, away filling up that mode as much as you, can like we, like we talk about, Often, mark and it seems to me like there's you, know there's those two ways that we try to grow our. Money one could be through the, markets the other is us doing it ourselves and you doing it yourself just seems to be the way to.
Speaker 3: GO i totally, Agree, mark for those short term.
Speaker 4: Things if this is a true, Goal if this is a true, goal if this is for, real you really want to be in a. House let's say in two, years you have to figure out what you're willing to pay for a. House, yeah and you have to figure out what that down payment will. BE i would look into. Mortgages i'd look into all sorts of mortgages so you can determine and then put and then start saving one twenty fourth of that a month if you, can or. Whatever the balance has a one to twenty fourth of that less the balance you already have type of. Stuff if this isn't a true, goal if this is kind of a hope or a dream and maybe.
Speaker 5: You'll get to, it you could go into the market with.
Speaker 4: That and then in three, years if your investments have increase in stuff and you still want to buy a house and you find, one, great but be ready to, say, ooh my, dream my bubble is busted in case the markets do pull back or crash or or whatever you want to call it at that, time and you and to a point to where you now don't have that down. Payment if it's not a full on, goal if it's just a dream or a, hope you could you can approach it like. That but if it's a, goal and if you believe that's Where god wants. You then you need to be safer with that.
Speaker 3: Money, Amen well Said, mark appreciate.
Speaker 4: THAT.
Speaker 2: Jp it's a great, question And god bless you on trying to find that.
Speaker 3: Home that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Stuff six ten three six three eleven. Ten, Hey, Mark i'll just tell our listeners one more. Time reach our schools dot. Com go make a donation To Crossroads Kids. Club reach Our schools dot.
Speaker 5: Com, absolutely And ath you have to leave. Us we look forward to seeing you.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow remember you can join us all for live broadcasts On Financial issues dot Org monday Through, friday and you can join us for overtime today At Financial issues Dot org as.
Speaker 5: Well come on and join. Us we look forward to seeing you. There six ten three six three eleven.
Speaker 2: Ten, folks it is delightful to be here with you. Today six ten three six three eleven. Ten make a donation To Crossroads reach Our schools dot. Com let's get those one hundred and twenty five kids sponsored For Crossroads Kids. Club and again the number six ten three six three eleven. Ten Focus, Friday, mark let's kick it. Off several partners in our chat, yesterday we're asking about Pax Stock patria what's going on with?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 3: Again several people were like concerned about it a little bit. Yesterday. SAM i don't know if you remember some of those comments yesterday as, well but there seemed like there was some. CONCERNS i, mean.
Speaker 6: It was, basically is packs gonna make?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 6: Yeah that Was they didn't give too much. Context that was the. Question so what's going?
Speaker 4: On? Mark, yeah you, Know, UH pas has really had a little bit of a rough, time but, uh it's a strong company.
Speaker 5: Still, uh let's see what We're is it still a?
Speaker 3: Buyer is it just a it's still a buy as of right, Now, mark still.
Speaker 6: By that's WHAT i thought about thirty four percent for the past six. Months i'm not sure if that's what they're concerned. About why would that CONCERN i don't, know people get riled up about all kinds of.
Speaker 5: Things you, know that seems. Silly, no you, know they had their. STRENGTH i would NOT i would not panic on.
Speaker 4: THIS i WOULDN'T i wouldn't put any more money into it at this. Time BUT i would wait because there is strength there AND i see it as a long term, issue a long term, buy not, ah not a just get in and out of. It because they pulled back hard or. Whatnot they've gone through some private equity, stuff and it's.
Speaker 5: A little bit OF.
Speaker 4: I don't know how best to explain. It i'd say That i'm very. Comfortable here's the way to look at. It if you're looking at the stock and you're going through the, fundamentals and you're going through it all right, now and and you look at it and you don't own it, yet would you be looking at this as a buy or a hold or a? SELL i, mean would you look at it for the first. Time would you, say, Hey i'd like to own that. Stock it's at a reasonable price now and it's paying a decent. Dividend or would you, Say i'm staying away from this this thing it's fundamentally. Ugly, well it's not fundamentally. Ugly it actually has some good numbers to. It So i'm saying it's still by and we ought to stay.
Speaker 6: There it's a good perspective, too looking at it. Fresh what's it doing right now? Today WOULD i buy it? Now that's that's really good exactly for. Sure good stuff partners who are wondering about. Packs hopefully that can help you out a little bit.
Speaker 4: There that's after you stop the bleeding from the thirties.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, Again, mark there that's the roller coaster right right. There tually all, Right, Mark we had two questions here From. Jack he's eighty one years. Old faithful. Partner, jack we appreciate your. Partnership first, Question, mark he's, Saying i've been away from My fison portfolio tracker for a couple weeks, now but WHEN i got into it earlier this, week my stocks which we're in alphabetical order now or? Not could you please explain? Why, MARK i can actually address this For jack And. Jack i'm glad you brought this. Up this is likely due to our new tagging. Feature jack and so this is actually a very very good. Thing but what happened is when you went into your, portfolio you probably went into it after we made this. Update so we now have a brand new update on our portfolio tracker for our partners where you can now tag your different. Holdings you can put them into different types of, investments like if you have certain things in a four oh ONE k versus in say your regular brokerage account or your ROTH, ira you can now tag them into those. Things it's very similar to our old drag and drop feature that we.
Speaker 3: Had but what.
Speaker 5: Could, yeah you.
Speaker 4: Could you could tag them as tax, deferred tax, free or, taxable and you could put all your holdings tag each of those, holdings or you could do it by. Account it could be spouse's, account my, account kids. Account, yeah you can do it any way that works for, you which is really.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 3: Exactly it's a great new feature that we.
Speaker 2: Have and so what probably, Happened jack is when you went into, it they were they were now in the order that they, are you, know tagged in it might it was it was one of the different, orders, which by the, way you can also actually still alphabetize them too if you go onto The Portfolio tracker and just hit that symbol button there you can if you click, that it then alphabetizes them in order FROM a TO, Z so you can still do that as.
Speaker 5: Well, so, seth that was the in the. Update it just rearranged.
Speaker 3: Exactly that's exactly.
Speaker 5: What, yeah sometimes that stuff.
Speaker 3: Happens, yeah, absolutely SO.
Speaker 5: I think didn't you send out an? Email Did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, partners make make sure that you check your.
Speaker 2: Emails we sent out some instructions on this and we created a nice little helpful video for you as, Well so if you've got questions for, it you can reach out to.
Speaker 3: Us but hopefully that gives you all the.
Speaker 2: Information that you. Need it's just another tool at your. Disposal it might Not. Mark this tagging feature also might not be applicable for all PARTNERS i, find particularly for partners with a large portfolio that might have different types of. Accounts, again like the four oh ONE k and the ROWTH i ray and the brokerage might be a little more helpful for you all than for those who might just have. One but it's there for you to be able to, use which is great in any way you. Want, yeah, Exactly, Okay. Mark Here's jack's second. Question so he's, SAYING i book a talenteer for about one hundred and seventy five a share on recommendation a few months, back and it's now down to one twenty five a.
Speaker 3: Share is it time to hold or time to? Sell what should he?
Speaker 2: Do jack's not asking, This, mark But i'm wondering If i'm in jack, shoes is it time to buy?
Speaker 3: More what do you? Think what should he?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 4: Well it's On, JACK i maintain a hold On palleter rather than sell simply because you, know just because the stock is pulled back doesn't mean that it doesn't have what it needs for long term. Growth for long term to be a benefit to you in the long, term the business fundamentals really remain. Strong let's, see first quarter revenue grew eighty five. PERCENT us revenue more than. Doubled, okay we see.
Speaker 5: Wow paling to.
Speaker 4: Our second quarter report is scheduled For august, Third so if you can't, wait if you're really, concerned at least wait Till august third to see what the report. Done the main CONCERN i have with it is its valuation at approximately one hundred and twenty three dollars per. Share it's trading near one hundred and thirty times thirty nine times trailing. Earnings NOW i usually look at the forward, earnings but it helps to look at the trailing earns, too.
Speaker 5: So you want to be careful with. That but the other factor THAT i would take into this is your. Age you mentioned that you're eighty.
Speaker 4: One if you're leaving, this if this is part of your, inheritance if that's your goal for, THIS i don't see any reason not to maintain and hold it right.
Speaker 5: Now if on the other.
Speaker 4: Hand you need this money for, income you need the money FOR uh to supplement your, lifestyle then maybe you should be moving towards a less aggressive. Portfolio and if that's, true then sell a portion of. It, now sell a, portion you, know take take the next quarter to release yourself from this and move it into more of a growth.
Speaker 5: And income or income portfolio type of.
Speaker 2: Allocation, awesome love that that's great. Stuff, jack appreciate those questions, There Brother. MARK a great comment from our chat yesterday and From alabama was, SAYING i think Bringing god's word into the, schools such as With Crossroads Kids, club is an anti communist.
Speaker 3: Measure, Amen we're depending On, god, wow and not the. Government And crossroads and anti.
Speaker 4: Communist what a perspective THAT i haven't thought about on. That you, know getting the gospel anytime we get The gospel, out it's anti, communist isn't? It because communism is Anti. God So christianity is anti. Communism it PRETTY i know a lot of people, say, Well christianity really doesn't have a temporal, structure societal structure behind, It and that's. True you, know we can Be christians In, china we can Be christians In, america we can Be christians In. Iran the difference is the different the different, governments the way they allow you.
Speaker 5: To to embrace your.
Speaker 4: Faith but at the same Time christ came, under he came into a society and Brought grayson under a society that persecuted him even onto.
Speaker 5: Death so even though.
Speaker 4: Even though we're not saying That christianity is a, Republican republican OR, usa what we are saying is That god is, love and those governments that lean more towards love than not are more in line With god's principles of, love Of god's principles of, grace Of god's principle of, justice And god's principle of.
Speaker 5: Salvation so we by bringing The.
Speaker 4: Gospel to the, schools we actually are bringing people into a relationship with The One True, god and that will strengthen them no matter what government they end up.
Speaker 5: Under.
Speaker 2: Amen you, Know, MARK i think about this in the inverse with that as. Well communism in and of itself is it's not.
Speaker 3: Just a political philosophy or social. Philosophy it's very much. Religious it's a worship of the. Government so it is in that sense Anti christian. Absolutely, WELL i.
Speaker 6: Was just looking Up, dostaevsky the Famous Christian russian. Novelist he was very critical of, socialism and he, said is before all things the atheistic, question the question of The tower Of babel built Without, god not to mount to heaven from, earth but to set up heaven on.
Speaker 5: Earth that's.
Speaker 3: Socialism, yeah you, go very.
Speaker 4: Interesting, yeah but and thank you so much for. That that's really interesting what you brought up. There there's so many cures that are needed in this, world and we look to, men we look to, governments we look to, organizations but the biggest cure we could have is getting The gospel, out because the more people who embrace the truth About Jesus, christ how he died on the cross for our sin and rose, again and how we have everlasting life because of that and The Holy spirit in our, life that is the answer to. Everything the more people who come To, christ the better and the better this world will. Be and at some Time he will turn and he will show us what that truly. Means i'm looking so forward to, that and hopefully you are. Too maybe you have opinion on this six' ten three six three eleven ten six ten three six three, Eleven ten join us with.
Speaker 7: Your questions the opinions and recommendations expressed on this program do not necessarily represent the opinions of the station or any of the. Program, sponsors additionally all products or services offered by the program sponsors may not be known by the program six.
Speaker 2: Ten three six three. Eleven ten just, a, reminder folks actually a couple. Of, reminders one we've got overtime in about. Twelve minutes you're not gonna want to. Miss it it's going to Be Great financial issues, dot org slash watch or the fism app or any of our. Social streams you can catch overtime and stick with us for the extra half hour we Do.
Speaker 3: Every, friday also.
Speaker 2: Speaking of if you want even more financial issues content, after overtime who have our brand new Show Called. Stewardship today we're released a new episode tomorrow that'll be Up On financial Issues. Dot org if you go to our, episodes page You'll See financial issues and then You'll See. Stewardship today Click On stewardship today and you can get access to each of the episodes we've released, thus far as well, as tomorrow's which again is Breaking. Every saturday new Episodes Of stewardship today on. Our website excited. For that today's show brought to you, in, part folks course by our Friends At. Samaritan ministries can't say enough good things about what they do to provide a Freedom for christians to be able to get off the rat race of big healthcare and do TRUE biblical i Call it Book of Acts Health Sharing smart ministries.
Speaker 3: Dot org that's the place.
Speaker 4: To.
Speaker 2: Go mark we have a follow up Here from Scheryl in ohio saying it's good to KNOW. About PACs we talked about it in the last SEGMENT pa x as the. Stock symbol, SHE said i was ready. TO bail i probably got it about six. Months ago might be a bargain NOW should i dollar? Cost average what do?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Think, mark yeah the stock.
Speaker 4: Has, fallen absolutely but it's still a bye that's the, thing here at least in our opinion. It is and if you if you don't, hold it there's no reason not to. GET into, i mean look at we're.
Speaker 5: The uh.
Speaker 4: The shares are provided almost a six percent yield at this multiple, right now that's.
Speaker 5: PRETTY good i have no problems.
Speaker 4: With it if if.
Speaker 5: You don't, Own it i'd.
Speaker 4: Go ahead i'd feel comfortable with you buying in just just, YOU know i would take time to buy in maybe half of a, purchase now half a purchase in, a Month but i'd, also maintain maintain it is a by if you if you already, have it there's no reason to run away. From it it has a its what it needs to be a long. Term investment that's the bottom line. On.
Speaker 2: It awesome daryl's asking a Similar question Mark in Texas. About palenteer since earnings are coming, up soon as, you mentioned would it be prudent to place a stop loss in case earnings are bad but you still have the holding off earnings, are positive or do you play with, covered calls. ET cetera i know it's getting into a little bit of the weeds of some of the tools of investing that, We, have mark but what would you Say to, Daryl.
Speaker 4: There darryl stop losses can be a good tool to use if.
Speaker 5: Used wisely you have to stay on top.
Speaker 4: Of them, but remember if this is a stock you want for the, long term you could if you put a stop loss on it and it has a, bad day you could be stopped out. Of it do you want to have to rebuy it in in a day or two or a week or, a month when you start seeing a trend change.
Speaker 5: On it there's nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: With that but, in general we're trying to make portfolios manageable to where you don't have to. Live it if you're going into your computer every day and you're working on, your portfolio stop losses can.
Speaker 5: BE useful i.
Speaker 4: Used to use THEM when i managed portfolios millions upon millions, of DOLLARS and i would use. Stop losses but ONE year i got stopped out of so many positions just on one day.
Speaker 5: Dips crazy dips that HAPPENED that.
Speaker 4: I decided it. Wasn't worth it wasn't worth the energy to. Do it trailing, stop losses if you're familiar. With those what, happens is let's say we're on a positive trim with. A stock as a stock's, going up maybe it gets above above an area where you're comfortable with the price and. Keeps going you could put a trailing stop loss so that if it does come down a, certain percentage it. Sells off problem with, that is if there's some meme stock action on that or some craziness, goes on it could drop further than you wanted. To drop before it, sells off so you could sell it could sell off a lot lower than you expected even though your trigger. Was here it may not sell off, to here so you got to be careful.
Speaker 5: With them.
Speaker 4: That's all stop losses can be a good idea in, many cases but it's a good idea for those who want to be looking at their portfolio. The time for long, term investors it's not that big. A deal if the company has a financial issues steal and it has the potential still, built in no reason not to just ride it.
Speaker 5: On, through yeah.
Speaker 3: That's.
Speaker 2: Great mark jumping back to our, Socialism conversation Claude, from louisiana one of our, faithful listeners brilliant. Comment here socialism is the quest To. Recreate eden it, Really. IS claude, i mean you talk about the desire for utopia, and perfection except you're looking for it in the wrong places and with the.
Speaker 4: Wrong.
Speaker 2: Ways mark we are promised A recreated eden in the new heavens and The, new earth by the Hand, of god not by the hand of.
Speaker 3: Any Government what? Christ's?
Speaker 4: UTOPIA christ i ain't just everything in, My, Body claude please forgive me for the lack of. Proper words but everything in my body totally rejects.
Speaker 5: What you just.
Speaker 4: SAID there i don't believe socialism's quest TO recreating i think it's a quest for elitists to gain control over the masses and enslave the masses and give them, just enough just enough so that they stop complaining or they, don't riot just enough so that they can, work hard just enough so they can so they.
Speaker 5: Can create socialism isn't a. Fair society neither.
Speaker 4: Is communism it's elitist reigning control over the rest of society and telling the rest of society be happy with air conditioning only three hours out of, the day be happy with electricity only twenty hours out of, the day be happy with. These, things meanwhile the elitists live in giant houses with air conditioning running and servants running around and eating the best of the food and doing all the all the things you don't see, the socialists, the leads those, running socialism giving up anything while the rest of society does to supply them what they need and to work for for, petty wages instead of giving you the opportunity to rise.
Speaker 5: ABOVE that.
Speaker 4: I disagree i don't believe it's a quest to re create It, MARK eden i think it's a quest to.
Speaker 6: Dominate, people well there's the quest of what it is in practice and what it is.
Speaker 3: In theory it's it's what is.
Speaker 2: Falsely promised, is yes but what it, Actually, is mark is exactly what you said is it's elites just. Running everything it's how they how they fool so many, people though is, they, promise hey if you make, it free it'll be, all free it'll. Be utopia they. Never, deliver right we.
Speaker 4: Weren't created we weren't created to live on a little bit, or nothing or or to just go only work, so much or to be, you know when you pay people to, be unproductive they believe. They're unproductive if you pay people to, be worthless they start believing. They're worthless if you pay people to, sit still they'll they'll eventually never. Move again what happens with socialism and and uh with with communism is they just give you enough so that you have you don't complain about, your stomach and you have. Just enough but you never, Realize peace you never. Realize joy is think about this when when the When The berlin wall, came down how many people ran from from The free germany into The communist, germany nobody you know why because they all had hope in Freedom. In christ so on the, one side on the, other side they had. No hope they, felt useless they. Were depressed it, was ugliness it, was dark.
Speaker 6: YOU, Know, I mark i think you were deceived by the lives of, the bourgeoisie and you might have to be taken down at the Coming as sam, capitalist lies, capitalist, lies, right uh and you never. See people why don't we have mass Exodus from america to all these communists and socialist countries that are.
Speaker 5: Running around why don't we have.
Speaker 4: That happening why even the people who are here illegally. Won't leave they'd rather stay here illegally than to go back to their socialists or. Communist countries why because you lose, all Hope because god is not welcome in.
Speaker 5: Those places because the.
Speaker 4: Truth that we were created to, be producductive and when we, are productive we feel the joy Of the lord, on us, in us, on us. Around us we just embrace the joy and peace Of the lord when we're as Productive as he has created us. To be the more we walk in those, good works the more we labor in those, good works the more we feel his joy and. His peace we weren't made to sit still and do the least you can do so that a handful of elitists can live.
Speaker 5: Like kings that's not the way we.
Speaker 4: Were, made yes there will, be Kings and god does put him on, the Throne but he has given us something, very special and that's the ability to realize the Potential that he created. In us and in, doing so we don't just, glorify him but we feel that glory in ourselves and we get to. Participate it it's a. Wonderful thing that's why we teach. Stewardship here that's why we teach. Investments stewardship that's why we teach. Financial stewardship that's why we teach. Citizens stewardship that's why we teach. Relationships stewardship it's because we were Created by god to be, great stewards to do the best we can With what he has, given us and do So to.
Speaker 5: His glory and when we.
Speaker 4: Do that that's where the joy and peace of being in this life is and the hope for eternal.
Speaker 5: Life is it's a. Wonderful THING and i know.
Speaker 4: Most of you listening KNOW that i know most of you who are a watching, know that but it's important for us to share this over. And over that's what this ministry is, all about is helping you realize the Fullness of christ in your life, right here, right now not the minimum Amount of christ in, your life but the fullness. Of that and that, takes action and it, takes commitment and in, Doing so he blesses us now and. For eternity that's an. Awesome THING and i just love that so many of you already, know THAT and i just love that it is applied in your life by the way you invest with biblical integrity and by the way you Love. The lord thank you For, Loving god thank you for investing with, biblical integrity.
Speaker 5: And thank you for joining us here on. Financial issues don't.
Speaker 4: Go anywhere in about a minute here we're coming back with overtime where we answer all. Your questions light up those phones six' ten three six. Three eleven ten
Speaker 1: If we ever forget that we're One, nation under god then we will be a nation