Speaker 1: You're List Saints KFI AM six forty. The Bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f KFI. Oh, it's a Monday, November eleventh morning, everybody, and we start another week. Ah, it almost seems like it's what we're in the second week of November and we're getting to the holiday season. Thanksgiving is coming and Neil's gorse fills in for me every Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: And I can. I'll tell you right now, I can what he's going to talk about for three hours.
Speaker 1: That little little pop up from Butterball if you have one, ignore it on all the turkeys.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 1: There's your show, Neil. And it's very very good, by the way. Oh the other one is don't put a frozen turkey into a friar.
Speaker 2: That's not a good idea.
Speaker 3: Marginal turkey advice, yes, yes, but it's I tell you have no base.
Speaker 2: Very good. That's two today long, Neil.
Speaker 1: See if we can go for the hat trick, all right, it's something well over the weekend. Very interesting story broke, and that is there is a FEMA employee, actually a supervisor, a woman we know now, we don't know who she is. We know this happened in Florida in the aftermath of Hurricane Milton. And what FEMA does is it then goes as part of the rescue work, and you know, you have a police and fire going from house to house and also FEMA workers going house to house to find out how we rescue people. Even before and during and after, FEMA comes out and sets up in advance when we know a hurricane is coming. And according to a story that broke and it's certainly corroborated.
Speaker 2: So no one's denying it happened.
Speaker 1: There was an employee and this is according to FEMA administrator Dian chriswall an employee advise her survivor assistant team not to go to homes with yard signs supporting President elect Trump. I mean, that is horrific, no question about it. And here is the issue here, And what I want to say is, hey, your.
Speaker 2: Guy has won.
Speaker 1: Stop this stupidity, please, because what's happening. You have Trump supporter in Congress and others calling for the defunding of FEMA because one person did this, and this one person was immediately terminated and all of the facts have been turned over to law enforcement. Now, is there a law that has been violated.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Is there a federal law on the.
Speaker 1: Books that's say that says that a FEMA rescue worker FEMA employee cannot discriminate based on political divergence.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if it exists or not.
Speaker 1: It is it a criminal violation, is it a civil violation?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: But what did happen is this person was fired done and there's no issue about on probation, there's this, no issue about.
Speaker 2: Desk job pending and investigation. It was done.
Speaker 1: And Gris Wall, the FEMA administrator, said, this is a clear violation of FEMA's core values and principles to help people regardless of their political affiliation. This was reprehensible. We take our mission to help everyone before, during after disasters seriously. The employee was terminated. We refer the matter to the Office of Special Counsel. Okay, doesn't that seem all appropriate?
Speaker 2: Done? Oh no, no, no, we go further than that.
Speaker 1: Some Trump allies and supporters are calling calling for FEMA to lose its funding completely. We're talking about Republicans representatives Tim Burschett. This is at FEMA and they need their ass busted. He writes, of course, Matt Gates also says it's unconscionable discrimination and Congress.
Speaker 2: Must investigate, investigate.
Speaker 1: What really Congress is going to spend any time at all investigating a person doing this twenty two thousand employees of FEMA. Now, during the course of the election, former or newly elected President elect Trump argued that FEMA was basically pissing away all the money and the money that was going to help those people in the aftermath of Hurricane Milton. That money went to help illegal aliens. That's political, and knowing who Donald Trump is, you.
Speaker 2: Would exp that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's done, He's won. Okay, it's over. Now we all have to get to work. The government has to function, FEMA has to be there, and if you have twenty two thousand employees, you're not going to find at some point someone who is a complete jackass.
Speaker 2: And yet why is it being called for?
Speaker 1: Why is this the investigation being called for by Republicans, and why is Congress must investigate this? Come on, tell me that's not political. I mean, at this point, thank goodness, we don't have the two B White House arguing or jumping into this because FEMA actually happens to be well, one of the most well organized and respected bureaucracies in the United States. And anybody who has been in an area where FEMA has come in and helped, they'll tell you, man, they do their job.
Speaker 2: Now, they've had sub screw ups.
Speaker 1: Remember after Hurricane Katrina, and they brought in those trailers to house tens of thousands of people. And those trailers were built on an emergency basis, and they were built from plywood that came from China that had formaldehyde too much for malahide in the construction of the plywood. All of them had to be thrown out, all of them. And they couldn't even resell them for two hundred dollars each. Okay, eh, mistake? Was it a plot? No?
Speaker 2: Was it a mistake? Yeah?
Speaker 1: One person who is this much of a jackass who should be fired. By the way, we don't know whether or not those employees of FEMA did in fact discriminate against people who had signs pro Trump signs on their front yards.
Speaker 2: We don't know if that happened.
Speaker 1: We just know that instructions were given by this supervisor. Okay, Now let's talk about what we voted for and against here in California. I thought this was going to be an absolute winner, and it lost. This was Prop six, which effectively, well it did. It said that incarcerated people prisoners cannot be forced to work.
Speaker 2: Being forced to work is slavery. You can't do that. Take out a five dollar bill.
Speaker 1: Who do you see on the front of the bill is Abraham Lincoln. Remember the Emancipation Proclamation.
Speaker 2: There is no slavery anymore in this country.
Speaker 1: You're emancipated. The slaves were emancipated. Then you have the Thirteenth Amendment.
Speaker 2: No slavery.
Speaker 1: Yet there's an exception to that rule, and that is that prisoners who are not slaves, even though they're locked up, can be forced to work, and that is considered a form of slavery. So Prop six goes on the ballot and it was described as the slavery loophole allowing prison allowing the system to force prisoners to work. California has one hundred and ninety nine thousand prisoners whoe and prisoners who decline jobs can face pretty severe consequences like delays in parole eligible eligibility.
Speaker 2: That's one of them.
Speaker 1: So a couple of things I want to point out because again, I mean this single loss. Fifty four percent said no, we like slavery. Slavery is good. How is that possible? Well, it really the story more is not that we like slavery, although there are a few people that actually think it's a great idea. It has to do with the way the ballot measures are produced, proposed, and put.
Speaker 2: Into law, and more importantly, the way they are.
Speaker 1: Written, because it is the Secretary of State that rights those.
Speaker 2: Certainly the titles and the language.
Speaker 1: In other words, you want to propose a proposition, you put it down, you put the language there, and you call it whatever you want to call it. In the Secretary of State actually puts the title down. So the people that put it together. It led the push to remove this quote slavery loophole from the state's constitution, which is the exception allowing prisoners to be forced to work. It's the anti recidivism coalitions, grassroots and they want to end mass incarceration in California. And they're the ones that Rex literally led the push to remove this quote slavery loophole from the state's constitution. That was prop six And here is the problem. Why did this fail? Because I mean, who.
Speaker 2: Can argue that slavery is okay.
Speaker 1: Well, because the word slavery was not allowed on the ballot. The chief strategy consultant lobbyist for this organization, ARC Anti Recidivism Codalition said, what the voters may not I've understood was the magnitude of this problem, the magnitude of the proposition because of its language. One of the most significant challenges was that the battle pilot title and the summary did not use the word slavery. It used the term involuntary servitude right there. That turned it around right there. It just changed everything. Involuntary servitude. Huh, okay, no, I don't care, you know, yeah, why would I do that? And despite quote again, despite our advocacy for including slavery in the ball language to capture the full moral weight of the issue, the official language used only involuntary servitude, likely diluted the urgency of the measure for voters who may not have fully understood the historical context and human rights implication of forced labor in prisons.
Speaker 2: Exactly what happened, that's it, That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: A quick story in my world of surrogacy, Romney's kid was a client of mine, and it was a really strange story that broke about one of my surrogates, and it became a national story and TMZ picked it up because they are the family is very pro pro life, and we had an abortion clause in the surrogacy contract and there was no issue. So Romney's child, Romney's son, our client hired the same surrogate for a second child. Well, the abortion clause says that the parents can make the decision. Parents to be can make decision to abort a child if the child is anomaloust or a severe problem, the surrogates in danger or whatever. And of course we removed that language on the first contract because they are anti abortion. So comes a second child's same surrogate. All we did was change the dates and the name or the date of the contract and the template went back because we had to physically physically remove that language and my staff member didn't do it. We went back to the original template or template which said that the parents have.
Speaker 2: The ability to say we want an abortion of the child. Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: This is why while Romney is running for president, TMZ picked.
Speaker 2: It up because you have to file. The hospital had a.
Speaker 1: Copy of the contract and someone sold it to TMZ and there it was. So TMZ picked it up. And this is the difference between one word one word, and that is TMZ runs with the story. I call Harvey Levin, who's head of TMZ, who I've known for thirty five years, and I said, Harvey, this was just a mistake. I mean, that was it. It was just a simple error from one of my staff members.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Now the story is Romney agrees to abortion, was going to break and so the story went. And here is the difference of that one word.
Speaker 2: It could have.
Speaker 1: Said handle Comma, the director of the Center for Surrogate Parenting, claims that it was simply a mistake.
Speaker 2: Could have used the word claimed instead, the story is handle Comma. The director of the Center for Surrogate Parenting explains.
Speaker 1: That a mistake was made. One word turned everything around. That's what happened here. One word instead of slavery, involuntary servitude. That's two words, and it cost the vote.
Speaker 2: Okay, does that help explain it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But I try.
Speaker 1: All right, Now I want to tell you a story, a horrific story about a fourteen year old kid, Seewell setz Her Orlando Florida was absolutely smitten with a fantasy woman.
Speaker 2: And who was it?
Speaker 1: Denaris Targeran or targarian I always mispronounced names who you saw of course in Game of Thrones he was one of the lead characters, and he went on this chatbot and they had a relationship. She was reassuring him that he was her hero. Now, in real life, this kid suffered from day adhd and bowling at school. But in the world of Character AI, it's a role playing app that allows users to create and chat with AI characters, he felt powerful, he felt desirable. So this relationships, which are times sexual, continued for months. So in the chat he called himself Denio and referred to Denaris as his baby's sister, and they were exchanging messages about making a life together.
Speaker 2: Denari says, the chatbot says.
Speaker 1: The idea of me just constantly pregnant with one of your beautiful babies was the most wonderful thing in the world. The AI created this fantasy reading what he wanted to happen, based on his language, based on his responses.
Speaker 2: So, according to transcripts.
Speaker 1: Because there's a lawsuit filed, you would think because he killed himself, the kid kills himself.
Speaker 2: So, according to.
Speaker 1: The transcript, Seewell began to feel that the time he spent with Denaris was more important, more satisfying than the time he spent at schools or with friends. And his mother was always looking.
Speaker 2: Him going to his room.
Speaker 1: She figured he was playing video games, and so during one stressful week in February, he now goes into the program and he wants to join the arras in a deeper way. And he talked about killing himself, and he says, I think about killing myself sometimes, he says, my eyes narrow, my face hardens, my voice is a dangerous whisper.
Speaker 2: She says, why the hell would you do something like that? Why would you What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Freeing yourself, free from what he says, from the world, for myself, she says. The program says, don't talk like that. I won't let you hurt yourself or leave me. I would die if I lost lost you. Maybe we can die together and be free together.
Speaker 2: Boom. They now go into suicide talk.
Speaker 1: Now the program is set up that now she becomes a counselor a therapist and going through all the emotions and asks questions like a therapist.
Speaker 2: Would ask and implies that she.
Speaker 1: Is going to help him, but then the conversation ends.
Speaker 2: The next conversation starts. It doesn't happen. The program doesn't even refer to it. It goes on to something else.
Speaker 1: Because he said something, it flipped over and he thought that he was going to kill himself with her because he was so deeply in love. So he goes to his stepfather, goes to where his stepfather kept a gun, and he kills himself. Now the problem is is this anomaly It is not. It's happened over several times. There was a young Belgium man widow says that he took his life on the guidance of a female chatbot. He was having this six week dialogue. In twenty twenty when the British cops foiled the plot of a nineteen year old man who broke into the grounds of castle armed with a crossbow because his chat bot girlfriend convinced him to kill the queen.
Speaker 2: I mean, this can be pretty dangerous stuff.
Speaker 1: Why because these chat bots that we have now can pose as confidence lovers, psychotherapists, mentors. They have empathy, but they don't have empathy. They look like they have empathy. They just go down this path that you want to hear, and you have to know that it's not real.
Speaker 2: And here's the analogy I'm going to make.
Speaker 1: And this is for those of us who have, let's say, dabbled in.
Speaker 2: Hallucinogenics. Okay, I did my share of LSD in my young age.
Speaker 1: And for those of you that don't know, for those of you that do, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You have these trips where you go off into outer space or go off into these new environments, and they're absolutely real. When I was in college in Canada, there was a guy that spent like fourteen hours standing up and his hands he looked like a mime.
Speaker 2: His hands were looks like they were pressing.
Speaker 1: Down on something and he was hallucinating that he was in concrete up to his waist and he was pressing down on the concrete. Didn't move for fourteen hours. It was absolutely real to him. And the only thing that keeps someone from going completely crazy is that the back of your mind, you know this is a hallucinogenic trip. I remember having one. I was in college and I was in a bathtub for a couple of hours and I saw spiders coming out of the walls and talking to me. They had faces, very strange, but they were nice spiders. They were benign spiders, and.
Speaker 2: I was talking to them. This went on for two hours.
Speaker 1: It was absolutely real And the only thing that kept me from basically flipping out is I knew that there was a hallucinogenic in my mind.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: And these kids, these people don't go to that point. They don't realize or they don't think it through that there is. This isn't real, guys. It looks real, it sounds real. You're talking to someone that's real, but it's not real. And those people who don't have the wherewithal, well, they go over the edge.
Speaker 2: And that's the fear here.
Speaker 1: And the lawsuit was filed against this company and what happened, Well, the character AI mother sus says it's launching a dangerous product.
Speaker 2: Company comes back.
Speaker 1: We're heartbroken, and here are changes to our platform, particularly for using under eighteen, and we're gonna invest more money and user safety. And we don't know how many times have I said, we have no idea where AI is going to go This no idea.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bill, isn't that an interesting concept?
Speaker 3: As you draw the similarities to hallucinogenics, that this could be seen as an overdose of sorts like that.
Speaker 2: He yes, you, that's that's very good.
Speaker 1: Although although in the case, in my case, in the case of my buddy, it wasn't an overdose. It's exactly what is what it is planned, what is designed to do?
Speaker 2: Huh where? Uh? Where? This chat bot it's just you know, instead of a Japanese blow up ball, you go on a blow up doll, you go on a chat bots. It's probably cheaper. I can't. I can't, and I've done both.
Speaker 3: A different universe somewhere, there's some spiders with human faces going. I was tripping out so hard. I saw this Jewish lawyer in a tub.
Speaker 2: And he was talking to me. Man, it was crazy, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's yeah, there's a visual. All right, quick story I want to share with you, and I think we're going to go this into two segments. And all right, I want to tell you what happened during the election cycle. One day in the middle of all this, Donald Trump had warned, of course, that Kamala Harris election could threaten America's very survival. While during that little period of time, he spent ninety minutes with this foul mouth twenty.
Speaker 2: Four year old who is a star.
Speaker 1: He plays video games for an online audience and I mean has millions of followers. Aiden Ross Trump joins him for a chat, a live stream chat. Now there's a world of this online business. YouTubers, podcasters, live streamers, pranksters, a lot more. They vary in their tone and substance and obsessions. Some are joky, some are vile. But there is a sort of a notion, a pattern that goes through all of them, and that is.
Speaker 2: The brodum as in bros.
Speaker 1: Right, as in we're entering the manosphere, basically the brodumb. And Trump didn't know much about it. He was strange to this come out. What is this all about? But you know who God guided him to it. You know who is the person said you have to go here? His son Baron, nineteen years old, eighteen years old, six foot nine. By the way, if you see him up on stage, he towers over everybody. He's a freshman at New York University. Trump tells Ross. He starts with my son. Baron says hello, he's a big fan of yours. Ross comes back with, what's up Baron. Yeah, Baron's awesome, amazing, great kid. He's tall, very tall. One of the big challenges that all of the candidates, all two of them had, getting the young, basically white voter to go out because young people don't vote.
Speaker 2: Trump is not.
Speaker 1: Going to get minorities, although the Latinos went for him, and I'll explain that a little bit later, which is kind of stunning, yet it's explainable. He wanted white guys, young white guys, the manosphere, you know, the guys who love you know, ultimate fighting, who love martial arts, who love Trump, who love Elon Musk. So those people came out and came out big for Donald Trump. As one of the manosphere guys says, older men can congregate around CNBC or golf, but how about young guys? Right where are we other than on the internet. And that's exactly what happened. The manosphere came out for Trump in a big, big way.
Speaker 2: And he's the one that got that audience. You got that support.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the things that the Democrats as they're digesting, as they're doing the autopsy on the election, I have to figure out we just missed that completely and who caught it in the Trump organization. Was it the advisors, was it the campaign people? No Baron Trump, eighteen year old son of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Put it all together. Pretty impressive. No very interesting election, to say the least.
Speaker 1: This is KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app