Speaker 1: Today, I'm Always watching. We're gonna be talking about the finale, the last three episodes of season two of Fallout. All that right after this, Welcome to Always Watching, the strain of Pity of the podcast we talk about whatever t TV shows me feel like talking about.
Speaker 2: My name's Matthew Carroll and I'm Jay Scotty Saint Clair.
Speaker 1: What's up, Jay Scoots?
Speaker 2: They did the Wang Dang Taffy Apple Tango with us bunching up the episodes together like we did. I struggled to find a quote that was memorable, but that that song that played during the credits of episode seven really struck a chord with me.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it. It sounds like it did. Yeah, I really we talked to We have not covered this show very intensely because we've just been busy, but we're now doing our second episode, so we're wrapping up the last three of Fallout season two, and I will say I think it really came together for me in the last three. When we spoke after episode five, I was like, you know, I'm just like I said, it's good, It's it's good. It's just I wasn't feeling like new ground was being tread if that makes sense. But these last three episodes, like with everyone kind of colliding and you finally seeing these last few storylines, particularly in the Lucy and her father storyline, Lucy and Hank finally getting together, that it is really really uh, it blazed the exact trails. I won't fall up to blaze, and like I'm starting to really now that I didn't play the games, so I'm really kind of getting the different factions and stuff, and it was I really enjoyed the last three episodes a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I largely agree. I felt like they really brought it home and the back not the back half of the season, but the final part of the season. There, I will provide the caveat that I don't feel like season two ever quite reached the heights of season one for me, but I was still pretty happy with where it landed. And I have played a lot of the games. I haven't played all the games, but I do have to just highlight how influenced this is by Fallout New Vegas, which is one of the ones unfortunately I haven't played. I know it's a lot of people's favorite, Yeah, and that's what I'm always hallmark. Yeah, when it comes to the storytelling, but I am I'm pretty familiar with the story beats, so yeah, I agree with you. I think Lucy and Hank were kind of the kind of focal point when it came to the emotion emotional punch there. But I really did enjoy where the Ghoul's story kind of ended up. And even Maximus, you know, getting to have his heroic moment, and even Robert House, you know, he's been such a foil throughout the season to see him in his not to face to face glory, but his resurrected glory there and.
Speaker 1: In all his glory, what's that in all his arnham Zola glory. That's right, That's.
Speaker 2: Right, very very much like Arnamzola, even with the planning for the future and all the contingencies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even with like that wasn't exactly the same scene, but like a few scenes earlier, you see all the tape machines turn on down in that other just just the kind of computer technology with the green and black and the spinning tapes and all of that just was very very Aramsole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of you know, the Arnam Zola and how I think one of the big appeals of fallout across both seasons so far is the way that they're able to interweave what's happening in the Wasteland but also give a really compelling story through the flashbacks and how we got here and and all the players that were, you know, vying for power, trying to be heroes and and do the right thing, and how it ultimately failed. And I was particularly interested in, like kind of the emergence of the Enclave, who was heavily hinted in season one but we haven't had as much of in season two, but they definitely emerged as a rat with you know, the President seemingly being a member of their their order and stuff. I kind of voice concerns about what was going on with stuff, But she's really emerged as as quite the villain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think by showing her background and then of course she's a villain, she's Canadian. But one of my favorite lines in these last three episodes is her getting the Bringer to during the wedding ceremony. She's staying there. He tells him, he I think she did something to I forget his name right now, Woody, Zach Cherry, Woody, She's done something to Woody. She's he's not in thirty one and I found his glasses and she's done this and there's some sort of plan to hurt us all and all this stuff and she's Canadian, and that's when the crowd goes, oh no, yeah, so fun. It's just so fun. Yeah, And just giving her backstory really made her a full fledged, fleshed out character for me. For the first time, I felt like she was kind of she was always just like this mystery, something dark. We knew she was from management all of that, but now like we got an idea that she's this survivor, you know that it's like willing to do anything for survival and thinks of all of these people as her sworn enemies. They're not humans, they're Americans. Her mom's said, don't think of them as humans, think of them as Americans.
Speaker 2: Right right. I think she said something to the effect of, like, you know, grab on to the highest branch you can and hold on to it for the coming flood, and whatever you have to do to survive, don't don't sweat it because you're going to be forgiven. So there was a point where I was like, you know, maybe Woody's still around. Maybe she's just detained him or done something with him. But with the flashbacks and the reveals of what she's capable of, how she just guts people left and right and slits. So I don't think there's any hope for for Woody unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's haid a really interesting line. She's like the floods come, just cling to the highest branch you can. And that's exactly what we see when she gets to Vegas and she meets Hank and meets all of them and finds out there's this this group of Vault tech people, and she does whatever she can to cling to the highest branch, which is she's just a climber, you know, she's a she's a status climber, and she clings to Hank, which she's Hank's wife. What but Hank had to have a different wife in the Vault. I guess like that there's Lucy's Lucy's mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we got a lot of revelations in season one. I think she was just she was his wife in the vault, was born in the vault, yes, learn about what was going on outside, escaped with the kids, and was killed in Shady Sands. Oh no, no, she was a Ghoul in the final episode.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I didn't know, man, I really yeah, I'm a little fuzzy on the details in season one. Overall, I think the whole show that you mentioned season two not reaching the height of season one. I think season one was just so signature, the way in the in the tone and the comedy, and the way the characters were laid out with these very unique voices for each character, and the Vaulties. There's such a good humor around the Vaulties being so naive and Lucy stepping outside the vault, and I think there's and the Gul being so just hardened and evil, and I think there's like not really evil, I wouldn't say, but like hardened and just hard hearted. And I feel like there's just something about season two where, just using using the Ghoul and Lucy as examples, they've come towards each other, and the Gul, they start to humanize him in a way where you're understanding his motivations more and more, and Lucy is getting darker and darker and like ready to do some pretty dark things, still trying to be the good guy, but like it's almost like the Gul wants to be the bad guy, but he has this like nagging goodness within him, and she wants to be the good guy, but she has these reasons that keep pulling her to the darkness. And like they've sort of moved towards each other in a way that makes the contrast less stark between their two characters, and I think that's and I think that goes for like almost all of the plot lines in the beginning with Max Maximus, he's I think of him in the first season as like like a Mister Magoo type character. He's the fool who keeps sort of like succeeding by mistake and just sort of like he keeps kind of falling into and then by the end of the thing, he's fallen into this leadership role in uh with with the what would helped me out the brother Yeah, the Brotherhood. He's fallen this leadership role out there. And so this season he's becoming a little wiser and so he's no longer that cartoonish version. And I think part of what made the first season so fun is they were realistic characters, but they were also kind of car tuons, and this season felt a little less cartoony, and I can't. I can't hate on that. I think that's good. I think it has to do that. I think it has to develop. But I still find the lack of contrast to be less fun, I guess. But there were a few moments this season where that contrast was hit hard and I loved it, particularly one of the best. It's just these big concept moments the button in episode I believe It's six, where Lucy has to decide whether to hit the button to control those two guys are about to kill each other, you know, and decide like are you going to control people like your dad is. He's made his decision, he knows, he believes this is the right thing. But you who've studied all these book knowledge versions of ethics, you know it's not right to control them, you know, but you're watching them kill themselves, and can you keep your ethics while that that. It's the kind of moments that I felt like Season one was full of those big like there's a big button, do you press it or do you not? Let's have a conversation about it, And this season felt a lot more just like we're in the wasteland, things are moving towards a big ending, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think those are are fair and astute insights and assessments, and I kind of hone in specifically on Maximus, and I agree. I think part of what made him so fun in season one is that he was a little bit of a fool and just a lot of happenstance in him getting lucky. One of the big changes in season two that I became aware of is I think in season one he was a little bit more of like the I won't call him the player character, because I do think that was Lucy, but in terms of him being willing to, you know, do questionable things and not be so trusting, I think that was placed upon him, and in this season we just saw him be a lot more heroic. He had the moment with Kumal nan Jeohnny's character, he takes him out, but again that feels heroic. He's yea to kill kids, And I feel like a lot of that was transferred over to Lucy. And to that end, I agree with you that she's moving closer to the ghoule and as a byproduct, kind of closer to where max was in season two. But ultimately I think that's a good thing, because one of my complaints about the first half of season two was with Lucy, she just kind of felt the same. It was fun to see her on drugs and be a little more willing to be violent. But really it came to a head in these final three episodes with everything you're talking about, like the moral dilemma that she's facing with mind control and how it could be a solution to the rampant violence and chaos that she's seeing and acknowledging that the Legion is nothing but killers and doing it for nothing. But she I love the line where she tells him like you were her father. She says, you were a good father to me because I'm not a fudge and idiot. I can see through your manipulation tactics right now and know that, you know, despite everything you taught me, what you're doing now was insane. And I really found it heartbreaking that she still saw this goodness within her father and wanted to preserve some of that through the amnesia. But he took that, he took even that from her. There's there's just you know, oh.
Speaker 1: Well, see I took that. I took that differently. You mean by not letting her press the button. Career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said she was basically going to reset him to the father that she thought he was. Oh, I think that's what happened, is what I got. He had a remote in his hand. They both had remotes in their hands. Yes, as I understand, he turned the dial all the way up and gave himself full amnesia, because he said to the level of amnesia.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the way I took that scene, I guess it's I guess you could say it take it in multiple ways. First of all, she says, I'm going to turn into the father I thought you were. He knows he's not had been that father in a long long time. Like, there's no turning him back to the father she thought, because he's did the say these jade sands thing happened thirty years ago, you know what I mean? Or however many years.
Speaker 2: Ago roughly sounds right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's about how old they are. So I don't think there is any any spot on the dial you could stop. But the big thing I thought he was doing by taking the control and hitting it for her, I think she didn't want her. He didn't want her to have to do that that was a dark like she was struggling with it. And I think that the actress who was playing Lucy completely owned that. Last episode, she her her emotional her emoting and like just crying was so real, just so so real. I was really really feeling for her, and I think she knew she thought the right thing to do was to reset this guy. He's the dark one. He's the one who actually needs to be reset. All these other people maybe not, maybe so, but maybe not this guy. He has gone too far. He needs to he needs to be undone. But that that is still killing her own father. And I think like that that control button she puts in episode six is just two random guys who are bloodthirsty and they're gonna kill everybody, kill each other. This is her killing the man who raised her and like trolling his mind and making his amnesia, like you know, make him forget everything. And I think that he took his own control out because he wanted to give her like get let her not have that have that on her hands. I guess yeah, I do like that interpretation.
Speaker 2: I think, hearing your take on it, I kind of land somewhere in the middle. I do think he was probably saving her from having to do something, but I think he was also saving himself from that fate. Oh, he didn't want to be a facade or a shell of I mean, he ultimately ends up being a shell, but that you know he did. I think the idea of going back to thirty three and having to you know, be the puppet that he was pretending to be all those years, like, that's a fate worse than death to him. But I I do like what you're bringing there, Like he saved her from having to do this, Uh, this basically a murder.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love a physical sense and a mental sense.
Speaker 1: For a character who's proven himself to be so dark, and you know, he's controlling in a way that is completely unethical. That's that's the whole thing that she believes he did one last loving act for her, And I think it like makes this all very complicated because he was willing to even control her, like he was about to put a put a chip in her. That's when the line is truly crossed, and she's willing to control him too, Like at the end, like they are both fully against each other. And I think that he really didn't want I think that's a. I think it was a loving act in the end, I think, but but you know, I think you're you're right. The interpretation's open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's what makes him such a compelling character because at the end of season one, I was just ready for her to blow his head off, like just take him out like he deserves it. But by the end of the season, even though he he's very evil, capable of heinous, heinous things, I do think in his heart of hearts, like he thinks what he's doing is right. And that's just what makes him so compelling. He thinks he is the hero and everything that he everything he did, he did to protect her. He acknowledges that he had to do on savory things, but he has no regrets about that, And to you know, have someone like that is just can't stand them, but have to appreciate the the compelling nature of the character and just how conflicted it does make Lucy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah, yeah, I really loved all that. All of that stuff was great, Like her performance is wonderful. His performance is wonderful too. They're both always really good. And I'm guessing he's probably gone from the show. I can't They said it's irreversible. I can't imagine they're gonna keep that that actor around to play a dumb down version of himself. I'm assuming he's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like his story has come to a conclusion. Maybe they'll throw him in a couple of the flashbacks if Steph needs some context, you know, for yeah, oh that's true. A little bit more, but yeah.
Speaker 1: That's true. He the pre the pre war stuff. He could still be there.
Speaker 2: One thing you mentioned with season two being a little less cartoony, I I do have to highlight Johnny Pimperton as status, like he was such a great source of comedy that was so good as you know, the stakes were as high as they were, but everything from him trying to relate with the ghoul, like we're just a couple of ghouls, right, is this normal? He's got like the little gaping moss starting to breathe in his collar dome, which leads to his arm falling off. But yeah, his as You've got the Free Siders all taking bets about how long Maximus is going to last, and you have people acknowledging, you know, if he dies, we're all next, right, And these these bottle caps aren't going to mean anything. But it's just just really good stuff. And I loved the rooftop reveal with him using his toes to study.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite lines for him in any of these episodes. I see this can the second to last or the last and they're they're in the desert and the ghoul turns around like how did you get that? Talking about the little device? And the ghoul has him pulled down at gunpoint, you know, Uh, Fatty's Maximus and uh Fattius goes all right before this escalates, maybe we can all agree that he has a gun like that means that that statement meant nothing. It was so fucking funny. He just meant absolutely nothing. It's just let's all agree he has a gun.
Speaker 2: That is really funny.
Speaker 1: It's so good. I will say that you you you mentioned uh Maximus is becoming heroic, and I completely agree with you, uh I, But I loved it. I think it took me a while to understand what they're doing. And he still was that kind of foolish, fearful guy, just kind of running from thing to thing until he does kill Camil Johnny's character. And then but the ending when he shows up and fights so many death clause and and gets the free siders like on his side, you know, and he's like when he it was straight up, I can do this all day. When he gets out of the the mech suit and he's holding a freaking rulette wheel as a shield and a spear, and then the NCR shows up, like it was that was everything I need from a good like escalating battle, you know, like the hero getting torn down to nothing and then you get I mean not to overstate the captain americaness of it, but it's him standing there with a shield, and then who's on his left the NCR, you know, like we're on your left, We're here, And it really just so so good that that it got me going, like I got I got chill bumps when when the NCR showed up for him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it was. It was such such a great moment. And I really have to praise the production value there between the power armor that he was rocking and the death clause. I thought the death clause looked so so good for a TV budget, and that was really one of the moments that kind of embodied the gameplay for my purposes. Like I remember, like you start off the game, death claus are terrifying, Like you see a death claw, you're you're heading for the hills. But you get to a point where you can take on a death claw relatively easy. You can take on two death clause if you're feeling froggy, maybe three, but once it gets to be more than that, it's just too much to handle. So yeah, really great stuff. And yeah, just the flashback to his father saying like you're a good son and you're going to be a good man, and the fact that he still holds on to that, and flashbacks to the night from the Brotherhood of Steel saving him but realizing it. I don't have to be tied to that. There's there's there's something you know, bigger to believe in in the NCR, which I have to imagine there were going to be reveals in season three that the NCR is not all that they're chocked up to be, because that's just the way Fallout works. But for the moment, like you said, yeah, it's such a swelling, inspiring moment to have them arrive in the final hour and say we got this.
Speaker 1: It seems to me that the flaw, there's always a flaw right, there's always flaw without refection. It seems to me that the NCR was like a valiant good faction, but there's just not enough of them, and there's they've been've been destroyed. That's at least how they talked about them throughout the season was they they haven't been around in a long long time, and I love that, Like Maximus stepping out in this NCR mech suit like inspired the NCR to kind of come back and rally. And they're all older because it's an older, older faction and they haven't really been doing it. We saw them out in the desert with only two or three of them saying like, we haven't seen anybody in a long time. It feels so video gamey, these like guys standing in the desert being like, yeah, it's been about twenty years since we saw our friends.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, never underestimate the power of brand recognition. Son another great Thaddeus line.
Speaker 1: When his arm falls off, he says, I seem to be having a medical episode. He still wants to go. He's like, I can figure it out, but I seemed to be having a medical episode.
Speaker 2: Why don't you set this one out? Bud and I loved what finally got the freesider's attention. Is like he's he's hooting and hollering, and when he just throws his severed arm on the ground, that gets everybody's attention for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right. That's so funny. He like throws it out there. Yeah, that's really good. Yeah. Oh man, it's just a lot of fun stuff. I really liked the golf cart stuff. Teaching her to drive the golf cart was just silly and like a nice little father daughter thing for the end of the world or whatever. And yeah, I liked when he's talking. He's talking about the deep ethics of what they're doing and how dare you do this? And he's like, daddy's job is really complicated, sweetie. He's just such an ass. And then he tries to turn controller and he's like, you'll be my little girl again.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's also dark and weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and Kyle McLaughlin's you know, the perfect, perfect guy for that role, oh for sure. Speaking of fatherhood and messed up fatherhood, we haven't really talked about Norm. I was I was kind of relieved when we finally got an update on Norm because I remember when we did the last episode of coverage, I was like, I can't remember where we left off with Norm. I remember him being strangled, but I don't remember where that concluded. And it turns out that is where it concluded. Yes, he was strangled to unconsciousness, and we pick up with him right there.
Speaker 1: Just still on the floor. Man. He tries to help, he wants to help, like, he saves a couple of the vaulties, and then they up running it into the room and not letting him in. And I like Norm a lot. I wish they would do a little more with him. I'd like to because I feel like he has just as much. I think if they'd given him a little more to do this season, it might have felt a little fresher because norms outside the vault for the first time, and it felt like that was a very side storyline, only a little bit, only a little bit of movement forward. I mean him letting all of the all of the managers out was pretty great. It's a pretty great move and it's like, I think that's a really interesting storyline, But I do feel like it wasn't as explored as the others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was given significantly less screen time. I think there were entire episodes where he didn't show up at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so too. All Right, well let's see I just got my notes now, McLaughlin saying talking about the different factions, he's like, oh, you'll understand one day. They all have their problems. High Tax is like, that's the one he went to first, which just absolutely shows he's a corporate man, you know, absolutely speaking of it like a political satire. They needed a compliant not too offensive but also not too effective, or someone who's gonna like turn over the tables, uh, and or anything like that, and they picked that senator's head to put on that mainframe.
Speaker 2: I felt so bad for that woman. She was just upon the entire season, and she's one of like the truly good altruistic people out there. Yes, they use that to her advantage. She's an istp personality and they're the most malleable and ayahuable. So we're going to use her for this purpose. And just her begging to be killed. Oh, it was so Specie's hesitation. I was like, please, just for the love of God, put her out of her misery. Yeah, like, this is the person you're really gonna be like, why does everyone want me to get which I I totally sympathize with, but like, don't give this poor woman guff just do it and then yeah, afterwards to do the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're You're totally right, And I do feel for her a lot, and it was really sad when she's o kill me. It was awful. But I the thing that I thought was funny about it is I felt like from the beginning she kind of represented so this, this whole show is like corporate power versus like kind of the good guys. And so I'm sorry, but I view that through a right left lens. In today's politics, they're both pretty corporatists, but like at least there's some talk about raining and corporate power on the left and so, but it's a constant thing in politics to point out how like kind of ineffective and like not really making progress the Democrats are, you know, And so I just felt like a bit of a like political satire to be like, we need someone who's just like not really gonna be that effective and gonna tone this is t P personality type. Let's just grab a random democrat. That's what it feel like. To me, and I realized this show doesn't have Democrats Republicans, but it still felt like that to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really dark though. When she's the she's the main frame.
Speaker 2: Right, And I don't know that we saw like the the ramifications of her being killed because she said, like, if you kill me, it'll stop him. But do we do we see any direct impact on like the people that have been transformed via the box because the unless to order the legionnaire is still under her control and is like choking her at Hank's behest. So that's you can install a hip, right.
Speaker 1: So I'm not one hundred percent, but I think the idea is they said it's irreversible, so I think like, once you're right, you're right. Yeah. So she's like basically down loading bits of her personality to all the people when the button gets pressed, and then I think after that they become little worker bees and then they can't be turned back. Is I think he works?
Speaker 2: So she's just effectively prevented any more from being made.
Speaker 1: But I think so, although we know now from what Hank's at the end that he sent a bunch of them out into the world, which sets up a new kind of secret faction for next season where there's Hank's fingers are in some sort of weird pies out in the wasteland right well, and not.
Speaker 2: The mention of that. We have we talked a little bit about the NCR already and I'm sure they'll be a bigger player in season three and we'll you know, learn both good things and bad things about them. But we also have, like I mentioned, the Enclave and this this phase two that's been triggered that's a big looming threat. But we will talk about the post credit scene with the Brotherhood of Steel, but I really want to talk about Caesar Kaisar's lead and where we left off with them, because they're marching on New Vegas with Mikulkin in the lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I feel like we've got so many factions, they're all kind of converging now into some big things happening, And to be perfectly honest, it's a little too much for me right now, Like I don't know the factions well enough, and I kind of feel like there's just a lot going on, and I don't the show feels a little direction less, not direction less, more like a lot of directions are being taken at once, and I I feel like I have a good enough grasp of the show that I'll be able to follow when it's happening. But right now, I just don't really know where. It's hard for me to predict what's happening next, you know, with so many different which is not a bad thing, but so many different things happening. And that's the thing with Fallow There's all these factions and they all have their own little things, their their own little goals. Did we find out this season if does this show happen before or after New Vegas?
Speaker 2: I think given everything that happens, the intention that it's supposed to be after the events of New Vegas, and you know, with the games, it's very much choice driven, so there are different endings for everybody's experience. But I think they have committed to a particular canon ending there with Robert House still being on a you know, a player on the scene, Okay. I think for people that are familiar with the story of Fallow out Vegas, I think we're going with the Robert House ending, if you will, Okay, player character basically is manipulated by Robert House to do his bidding, like he says in the show, everyone eventually works for me, right, and he we talked about all these factions. He's still there. We see the flicker, even though the screen says offline. You see pop up for just a second while Maximus and Lucy's backs are turned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's us. The line he says, someone out maneuvered me in controlling the world. So so there's still just this mystery about like exactly what is the plan and what happened, and they still really have We don't know exactly what's going to happen that causes the world the bombs to drop. You know, I take that.
Speaker 2: I take that other player that he's referring to to be the Enclave, because he talks about a faction releasing the death clause on Vegas because the U he was such a powerful player, and we know that the death clause existed pre bombs because of the flashbacks with m So that that's kind of where I was led. But I think that's it's a fair observation that you're making about the number of factions that are currently at play, and it might be a little overwhelming, especially for people who haven't played the games. But I have to imagine there's going to be a fair amount of consolidation, whether that's just like early on in season three, factions get taken off the table very quickly, like I could see like Kaizar's leisured and just being taken out.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure being a.
Speaker 2: Big deal at all. But I think what's more likely to happen is you're probably going to see, like I said, some consolidation, probably some people pairing up and kind of choosing sides. So you really do have maybe you know, two three sides at the most. But another faction that I kind of want to mention that was just teased in one episode are the Supermutants. That's a huge part of Fallout that we haven't really seen in this show, but there is a I believe it was episode six. After the Ghoul is impaled and abandoned by dog Meat, he is saved by a mysterious figure that talks about wanting to recruit him and it's Ron pearl Yeah, yeah, Supermutant, which is a great call out because Ron Peerlman actually lent his voice to fall Out New Vegas. He did the opening narration. He starts the game off with war never changes, which has been, you know, such a through line throughout this show. It's it's the line that Cooper uses on barbed to say, oh that's super corul.
Speaker 1: Too, that's super cool, that's super super cool. Oh man, Yeah, I'm put for it. Like I still don't really, So the Enclave is just taking in all the information that people are sending out. We saw that this episode, this last episode with they got I believe Lucy's transmission, they got Stephanie's transmission, and they get NORMS transis transmission, right, So what is the Enclave? I think that's part of my confusion. I still don't really understand who the Enclave is.
Speaker 2: The Enclave is kind of like the shadow government, the Illuminati, if you will, within the Fallout universe. So it doesn't matter if it's America, Canada, China, Russia, they all have, you know, people that are vying for powers and pulling the strings behind the scenes. So I think ultimately when we ask like who dropped the bombs, because Robert House tells Scoop, hey, it wasn't me. You know, whatever happens what's coming is not a byproduct of what I've done. I think that's where you look to the Enclave.
Speaker 1: Pretty likely doc Clave, which goes back to I think in season one when we first meet uh that I'm forgetting his real name, but the actor who.
Speaker 2: He's got a weird one like doctor Wizzig or something like that.
Speaker 1: The guy who plays Ben on Lost if you if you're a Lost fan.
Speaker 2: The doctor who gets his head cut off, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one. Uh, he's heading to the enclave right.
Speaker 2: Like in in that the fact he escaped the Enclave with the cold fusion inserted into his neck with.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's right. I just remember him being at the enclave, so like he was part of the enclave. Yeah, okay, So that is so sort of one of the inciting incidents of the show, and we haven't really seen I feel like, at least this season, we didn't see much of the Enclave except for just they're still there hoof and along listening, you know. So I wonder if that being such an inciting incident of the show, it's gonna come like you're saying, it's gonna come back around that there're gonna be some of the more overarching big bads of the show, likely the ones that dropped the bomb or at least one of the possible play Yeah, it makes a less sense. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, while we're talking about the Enclave, I I just, you know, gave a call out to Ron Perlman and how cool it was to see him operate in a different capacity with a Fallout. But also the President, who seems to be a member of the Enclave, was played by the legendary Clancy Brown, who is also repurposing a role from Fallout. In the original Fallout game, he voiced state Brotherhood of a Knight of the Brotherhood of Steal.
Speaker 1: It's super fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just kind of love how this show is embracing all aspects, all aspects of the of the universe and franchise.
Speaker 1: M h. I really, I think before next season, one of the ways I'm going to get involved and understand the factions better is I kind of didn't want to play New Vegas before this season because I wanted to be kind of surprised by the world. But now that I see what's happening now, I think I'll go back and play New Vegas.
Speaker 2: I think I may be wrong, but I think there was an anniversary edition like recently announced.
Speaker 1: Okay, sweet yeah, sweet, All right, Well, I bet, I bet. I wonder if they'll make like the goal playable or something, or like him have him in there.
Speaker 2: In Fallout seventy six, which is the most recent game to be released, they added some like downloadable content or the new part of the new season past or whatever he is. I don't think he's a playable character, but he's an NPC that you can interact with and like do jobs with or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh that's super fun. That's super funn Yeah, all right, Well, anything else about this season before we get out of here?
Speaker 2: No, no, I just again to the listener's apologies for not, you know, being able to spread these out a little bit more, but glad that we could cover it in some capacity, and definitely looking forward to season three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I really want to try to do all the episodes next season. I think even in season one we did like every other episode or something.
Speaker 2: But we've heard him up at two at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would be better. I would like Let's let's face it, guys, I'm finally gonna admit it, one of the reasons I podcast is because I'm bad at watching TV and I need an hour to talk about every episode. So that I can remember what's going on when I try to watch five episodes and then talk about it, having not talked in between each one. How am I gonna remember five episodes of television? Come on, It's not.
Speaker 2: I had a similar thought. I was, you know, wonder Man came out. It was so great, and I had the flu when it came out, and the one like silver lining to having the flu as I was able to binge it like almost in one sitting. But then I've kind of been going back and I'm like, I remember the big swings, But how much of it do I actually remember in my like fever dreams of having the flu. I need to go back and rewatch some of those episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I yeah, I that's we We did them so quickly because we did all eight episodes and three nights of podcasting. We did like I think two the first night, three the next night, and then three the last night and just like knocked him out and so that was great. But John Iron's got to hop on a few episodes. It was really fun.
Speaker 2: But uh that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check out Captain Game Show. Everybody, let's plug Caat in Game Show before we do our plugs. Yeah, so it was. It was a good time, but uh, it still feels like I watched it really fast, So I'm like, did did get to talk in between each one? So I have them pretty well pretty well locked in right now. Anyway, Well let's uh, let's get out here, tell the people that you got you got anything going on right now?
Speaker 2: Well, you can always catch me over on Multiverse News, the place where we talk about the latest and greatest in movie and TV news, So check that out wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: And then I do have.
Speaker 2: Some appearances scheduled for Friend of the network, uh somewhat frequent appear on the network. Sarah Day McDougal's other podcast, Book Watch. I'm gonna join them for some Hunger Games coverage. We're gonna try and you know, get through the original trilogy as as well as the more recent stuff. And then uh project Hail Mary. I just I just finished up that book and absolutely loved it and kind of uh invited myself to talk about that one on that podcas.
Speaker 1: So awesome check it out. I'm about to start reading it. I really really want to read it.
Speaker 2: Well going on, I'm.
Speaker 1: Also on Multiverse News every week, and I've got the Marvel Cinematic Universe podcast every week, and we're right now watching Starfleet Academy over on the Star Trek Universe, which podcast things. I love it, man, I talk to you, I gushed to you, I cried to you about the episode before we started this podcast. But yeah, there's the if you were a Star Trek fan and you've been kind of out of it for a while, I think Starfleet Academy, like it's stylistically different. It is about teenagers because it's the Academy, so like there's a lot of things that people kind of have to get through. But so far five episodes in that this fifth episode was like transcendent for me, and if you're a Deep Sace nine fan, it's particularly transcendent. It was so good. I wept. I was so happy with the with the way they did this fifth episode. And I've really been enjoying the whole series. But episode five, if you're a DS nine fan, So if you're a Star Trek fan, check that out and check out the Star Trek Universe podcast. We'll be talking about that and we'll be back soon.
Speaker 2: Peace, We'll be watching.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to always watching a stranded Panda podcast. If you dig this podcast and want to see what else we do, go to strandedpana dot com for all our other myriad of podcasts in this geeky TV space. Thanks again,