Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, Case.
Speaker 2: Tam Case, Hello everybody, and good afternoon. Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Sunday afternoon. Your Los Angeles Dodgers seventy seven and fifty three on the season, first place atop the NL West after a walk off, dramatic win on Friday night to start the series. The Dodgers fell in extra innings last night. Today they go for the series win over the Tampa Bay Rays. Gavin Stone on the mound, first pitch from Dodgers Stadium coming up at one ten. Between now and then, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll get you the latest injury update, including a conversation with Tony Gonsolin, who threw today.
Speaker 3: The cat Man.
Speaker 2: Could he be on the prowl here in the twenty twenty four season. We'll find out more from Tony Gonsolin. Coming up, we'll dive deeper into today's pitching matchup with Gavin Stone on the mound. We got your Dodgers magical moment going back to twenty twenty and what a magical year that was for the Dodgers. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson and at just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galpamotors broadcast booth and check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night, it wasn't a great start for Clayton Kershaw before he buckled in for five innings for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: He gave up four in the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a fourth spot from the Tampa Bay Rays as they jumped out to the early league Clayton Kershaw, we'd have going five, give up five runs on nine hits, strikeout five along the way while throwing eighty eight pitches. The Dodgers down four to nothing before they started to chip away. In the bottom half of the fourth. Mookie Betts got it going with an RBI double. Dodgers on the board down four to one, and then Taoscar Hernandez made it even closer.
Speaker 4: Got their first run thanks two bets the RBI double. So what's four to one is ta Oscar Hernandez steps in the first pitch, Hernandez drives the.
Speaker 3: Ball left center field, way back, way up and out tail leaves the yard.
Speaker 4: And the Dodgers are now within one. That's number twenty seven for te Oscar herd end Is.
Speaker 3: RBI is number eighty two and eighty three, and.
Speaker 5: Now the scoreboard reach four to two.
Speaker 2: Three Dodgers with three runs in the bottom of the fourth get right back in it. Down one run, it's a four to three game. The Rays would get one of those back in the top half of the fifth, taking a five to three lead, but the bottom of the fifth belonged to the Dodgers. Miguel Rojas an RBI single that made it a one run game, again a five to four Rays lead. Then show hey o Tany with a two run home run. He makes it a six ' five Dodgers lead. In the seventh, Dodgers tacked on another one thanks to another home run.
Speaker 4: Here's Miguel Rojas bases empty, one out in the seventh. Oh Rojas torches one left field one.
Speaker 6: It is fare right out of here.
Speaker 5: Well, Rick Monday, we asked for sonsurrits. Miguel Rojas wasted no time against Joe Coonell, providing so his fourth home run of the season, it's now seven five Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Dodgers come all the way back to take a two run lead, up seven to five going into the eighth inning, but that's when things fell apart for the Dodgers' bullpen. Michael Kopek gives up a run. Evan Phillips gives up a run in the ninth inning as the game was tied at seven going to extra innings in the tenth inning to two runs. A home run for the Rays gave them a nine to seven lead. Mookie bets sack fly in the bottom of the tenth made it a nine to eight game, but unfortunately that's as close as the Dodgers would get. They come all the way back just to lose in ten innings. Nine to eight is the final as Joe Kelly gets tagged with the loss and no decision for Clayton Kershaw, who went the five innings five runs, nine hits, five strikeouts as the Dodgers with the loss, now seventy seven and fifty three overall on this season. They look to get back on track tonight today against the Tampa Bay Rays and the finale of this three game series. Cavin Stone on the mound first pitch coming up at one ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Arco, Top quality, top tier gas for less. Speaking of the top tier, to the top guys out there, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Good morning to you, Tim Eppy Sunday to you and everybody hanging out with us during the pregame festivities at Dodgers Stadium. Jam packed stadium already because it's Kobe Bryant jersey giveaway day and it's also the day of a rubber match between the Dodgers and Rays in this series finale, Rick Monday and well, last night the Dodgers snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the Dodgers did not really play a good baseball, not to where they can really sustain, you know, the best record in Major League Baseballs. They came into last night's game, made a couple of airs. They were costly and a tough ginning for Clayton Kershaw and the very first inning four runs on four hits. He also walked a batter there was an air did not help him either, and a wild pitch on top of it. So for Kershaw, he settled things down after that opening inning, but then the bullpen could not hold on to it.
Speaker 8: And especially you look at the Rays.
Speaker 7: They scored a run in the eighth, they scored a run in the night, and then they came up with two big runs in the tenth. As Joe Kelly wound up with the loss, Evan Phillips had blown save with a big home run.
Speaker 4: Well, they say, if you have a bad start, hey, it's not how you start, it's how you finished well. The Dodgers didn't start well and they didn't finish well, but they still have a chance to take this series. And most unfortunate part of last night was when you lose a game like that, then you look at the out of town scoreboard and see the Diamondbacks won again, and so now your division lead down to three. So what are you looking forward to today? It's a different lineup for the Dodgers. Will Smith, we'll start on the bench, Miguel Rojas on the bench, Gavin Lucks on the bench. That means we'll see Hunter Producia with his first major league start.
Speaker 7: And really looking forward to that. We saw Fedusia in spring trending. He was impressive at that time. The other part, too, is we will see Chris Taylor start at second base, his first start since coming off the engine list. That's going to be something to watch. Kicky hear Nanez will patrol center field. On top of that, Edmond, as you mentioned with Rojas down, he'll be at the short stop position. They're really looking at Fiducia because you know you're looking ahead. The Dodgers really have a good catching, no question about it. Austin Barnes on the engine list right now with the fractured big toe, and it gives an off date to Will Smith and you've got the off date tomorrow technically before they pick it up on Tuesday again as the Orioles are coming to town. So you hat a little different lineup in today's game. And they had to shuffle the lineup around because they're facing a different picture than they thought was going to be scheduled because of an injury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Shane Bose was the slated starter, but he's been battling flu like symptoms over the weekend at Dodger Stadium, so he's going to be He's expected to be the bulk pitcher today. Jacob Lopez, a lefty, was recalled this morning by the Rays. He just threw eighty pitches in TRIPLEA on Wednesday, so I don't think they're expecting a ton of link out of Lopez. Just the classic Rays opener, especially with the two lefties in the top three for the Dodgers, Otani and Freeman. Gavin Stone will have the ball. We'll talk more about him next.
Speaker 3: Time we chat with you.
Speaker 8: TC.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot, nellies. We canting down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck on this Sunday afternoon. You're coming up. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: We will check in with David mad Say, we'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. Gavin Stone going for a twelveth win of this season. But up next, you're Tani Ree one in will visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports to at LA for leading you up to Dodgers and Rays on this Sunday afternoon, first pitch of one ten.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Morono Casino Dodgers on the Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rays on this Sunday afternoon rubber game. In this three game, sent Gavin Stone on the Mount Jacob Lopez out of Sofas High School, College of the Canyons. He'll be the opener for Tampa Bay. First pinch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 4: Free why helped him join the forty to forty club. I won one from Bradley. I smoke to right field, a leadoff signer for show Hair. Two balls in a strike, one on one out, the Dodgers was in a run and Otani.
Speaker 5: Pulls a ball right field, hooking toward the corner.
Speaker 3: Will it stay fair? And will and it's gone?
Speaker 5: Show Hey Otani flips the scoreboard once again. Hey go ahead to run homers forty first of the year, and the Dodgers lead at six to five.
Speaker 2: Show, Hey Otani two for four last night, A couple little ribbys and home run number forty one on this season, already part of the forty to forty club. By the way, those two RBIs now has ninety four ribbys on this season. The Otani Rewind brought to by eto In's Oyoucha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Amazon at eto In dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 2: Kirson now joins US before this series finale with Hunter for Dousha Behind the play today, Keirson getting his first start.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's getting his first start, and honestly, it feels like his major league debut because his actual major league debut was a pinch hit, and I just feel like, you know, that's of course special, but to get your first career start here at Dodgers Stadium catching for the Los Angeles Dodgers, I have to imagine this is going to be a very very special day for him. He's been around this team quite a bit, whether it's been since he's been activated with the team or even he went to South Korea to start the season with the group and also just with spring training, so he has some really good relationships with these guys. He's gonna be catching for Gavin Stone today. Dave Roberts feels like that's a very comfortable relationship and dynamic just for them. He said, because he is from the South, shout out to the South. I'm from there too, buddy. He was like, he's had a slow heartbeat and a really just good on his shoulders. So he does believe that this is going to be a fun one for Hunter, and he's very much prepared for it. And he actually had a spectacular spring training, so we've seen a lot of him just preparing for this year. So it should be a fun one getting to see him have his first career start.
Speaker 3: Looking at the rest of the lineup. C T three getting a start, yeap.
Speaker 9: Chris Taylor's in there. He's feeling really good since his return. He was telling me recently that he was making a couple of adjustments. He's someone who's constantly kind of tweaking his swing. That he does have a very high maintenance swing, as he would describe it. But he said that before going on the il, like I felt like he was moving in the right direction but slowly kind of falling off. And so for him to have that time on the IL to get back on track. He's pretty much down for about four weeks, so he does feel that he's in a really good spot just heading into this return now and so hopefully he can get things going. And Dave today was just saying like, that's all he wants to see. It's just good at bats from him. Obviously, we know we can kind of play all over the field, but if he can get some really quality at bats, that is what's going to show him that all that time on the IL and just all that hard work is really paying off for.
Speaker 2: This Dodgers team. It feels like it's an important game and they all are now there. In fact, they have a race and the Dimonbacks and Padres behind them. But you want to win this series against Tampa.
Speaker 9: You want to win this series, and I think last night was they fought back to get into this one. Obviously they fell short at the end, but you're seeing a lot of fight in this group as of late, and they are as much as you know, the guys are necessarily work looking at the division standings every single day. They are very aware that all of these games moving forward are very meaningful and they also think that you know, that could have a lot of that could be good for them. You know, they're not blowing out the division like they have the last couple of years, so it is going to be each game is a battle, and so they do recognize that due to what the division looks like right now, due to kind of how well they've been playing as of late, these are important games because they want to keep it going and keep that momentum.
Speaker 2: Kirsten, we appreciate it. Hopefully the Dodgers can get this series win today. We will check in with you after the game. Dodger fans and Hancher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to HD It's all power by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos la Care dot or still DICABO will.
Speaker 3: Dive deeper to this pit G matchup.
Speaker 2: SIVI and vat Sego's one on one with the cat man, Tony Gonsolin, who is progressing maybe to come back this year.
Speaker 3: We'll hear from him coming up.
Speaker 2: We'll also get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts when we come back. Dodgers raised on this Sunday first pitch in one ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: No, this is Lrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays.
Speaker 2: As Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues leading up to first pitch on this Sunday Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam of four good times. Gavin Stone on the mount. Jacob Lopez at a Saga's High School, College of the Canyons. He'll be the opener for Tampa Bay to day first pitch at one ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury report.
Speaker 2: Present at by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Austin Barnes fracture toe on the il. Hunter Fiducia gets to start today behind the plate. Tyler Glass now threw yesterday from about sixty feet off of flat ground. He's on the IL at the right elbow. Ten tonight is Bruce dar gradorol on the IL at the right hamstring strain. Yoshinobu Yamamoto looks like he is progressing with that strained rotator cuff. He's in the head out to Oklahoma City and do a rehab start coming up on Wednesday of this week, and then go from there to see how he feels. All right, let's head back outen out of Dodgers Stadium and check out with the Dodgers.
Speaker 10: Gobber Da questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: I'm excited it's going to be Obviously it's a thrill for him. I like the way that he's caught. Gavin a Ton knows him. There's familiarity there, and also I just feel that given will and off day day game after night game makes sense.
Speaker 8: So I'm excited to see what Hunter can do.
Speaker 9: He had a really strong spring training. What did you learn about him? Then that's prepare him.
Speaker 6: For this year.
Speaker 11: I think the thing with Hunter is he's from the South. It's a slow brain, heartbeat, so in the box he's very calm.
Speaker 8: I don't think this moment is going to be.
Speaker 11: Too big for him, and the guys like him, so I think that for me, it's somebody I trust. He's been in the organization a long time, understands what we do as an organization. As a pitching staff. Like I said, I feel good about the battery today.
Speaker 9: We think it's to talk about it yesterday, but show Hey Otani threw off the mound for the first time and just his sense having surgery. How big of a step is that and how encouraging is that just for him. I know we talked about it, not necessarily for this year, but looking ahead.
Speaker 8: To next year, it's a big step for show Hey.
Speaker 11: I think for the confidence to be able to get off the mound to throw some different pitches.
Speaker 8: The rehab has been great.
Speaker 11: He's putting in a lot of hard work that the staff has put in a lot of hard work. And yeah, like you said that, I don't think it really impacts this year, but it's still continuing to build a foundational for him for twenty five.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts down to the dugout talking about hundred FADUSA and of course Sho Yotani throwing a bullpoon session yesterday at the stadium. David Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business, too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. Continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with David bas Said leading up to first pitch on the Sunday Dodgers and Rays. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays. Gavin Stone, Jacob Lopez. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten. The umpiring crew for today's game, brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV Show, Hey Otani. We know what he could do at the plate, we know what he could do on the mound. We know he's her budd. He threw a bullpen session yesterday could could we see him here in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 12: I know it was exciting to see Otani the day after he achieved the forty forty plateau, but he is not going to pitch this season. They are going to take it slow with Otani, and yesterday was just a significant marker that every pitcher goes through when they're coming back from elbow surgery. And doctor Neil Elatrosh was here to watch Tony Gonsolin and I checked in with him and he said, we are taking the prudent route here and not allowing Otani to come back to pitch in a postseason game. They want him healthy next year. But what took place yesterday was significant because things aren't coming along really well. He threw ten pitches, but the catcher in the Dodger bullpen was not down. He was actually standing up when Otani threw ten pitches off the mound. So it's just on full display for everybody to see it. But these are the normal progressions to be able to come back after elbow surgery. Fourteen to sixteen months after.
Speaker 3: Hunter Fiducia gets his first start behind the plate today, David.
Speaker 12: Yeah, not his major league debut, because remember he was called up for a period of time when Freddie Freeman was away from the team in San Diego, and Hunter Fiducia will get his first ever major league start behind the plate, and he's catching a pitcher he's very familiar with, and that is one of his minor league teammates, the great Gavin Stone.
Speaker 6: And here's what Hunter.
Speaker 12: Fiduccia told us a couple of days ago about Gavin stone season right now.
Speaker 10: It's it's very impressive.
Speaker 13: You know, I think he was two drafts after me, and you know, he started off in I think Hya when I was in Double A, So you know, he came through, he progressed, you know, learned a new pitch and just kind of took off from that. So it's it's awesome to see him, you know, throwing well in the big leagues, you know, and everything.
Speaker 10: It's it's been called what.
Speaker 12: Makes him so special because it seems like this spring training he came back a new guy.
Speaker 6: Did you see that as well?
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 13: You know, I don't know what he did during the offseason, but you know, it seemed like his velo staying. He's way more confident on the mound. You know, he has his change up. I noticed his slider. They might have tweaked some few things with his slider. Slider looks a lot better this year. And you know he's moving the ball now all over the plate. He has the sinker now, so he has a few more options in a year or two ago. So yeah, he's doing well and proud of him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, should be fun to watch Hunter Fiducca and Gavin Stone be the battery and trying to win this series against the race. And how about this tim Where would the Dodgers be without Gavin Stone. With the very highlighted trade and extension of Tyler Glass. Now with a huge signing of Yoshi Yamamoto investing close to four hundred million dollars for this Japanese right hander, neither one has pitched as much as Gavin Stone has this season. Gavin Stone leads the Dodgers with twenty three starts. He has more wins than any other Dodgers starter. And this was the guy that wasn't even in the rotation plants in spring training. It was only because of Emadchan's injury that Gavin Stone got the opportunity.
Speaker 6: So certainly the.
Speaker 12: Dodgers are very fortunate to have Gavin Stone in their organizations and.
Speaker 3: No doubt going for win number twelve on this season.
Speaker 2: Thank you, David. Check back in with you, Davis. Driven by four. There's one thing we like, its choices. Find yours at the fort f one to fifty gas hybrid or all electric. Toughest mark can only be called the f one fifty. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from Tony Gonsolin speaking a guy coming back from an arm injury, the Catman through today. David had eyes on him and then talk to him, so we'll see what the Catman has to say about his progression.
Speaker 3: We're coming from Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 2: We'll also dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next to a Dodgers magical moment you do not want to miss.
Speaker 3: Dodgers raised first pitch of one to ten on Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays Kevin Stone and Jacob Lopez. The pitching match chep Lopez out of Saugust High School, coc College of the Canyons now gets to start today for Tampa first pitcher one ten.
Speaker 8: I know who went.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfeing Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: October twenty seventh, twenty twenty, Globelife Field in Arlington, Texas, Game six of the World Series between the Dodgers and the Tampa Bay Rays. Blake Snell was dealing after he allot of hit to Austin Barnes with one out in the bottom of the sixth. For some reason, Ray's manager, then Kevin Cash, decided to take Snell out of the game, and that allowed only two He had only had two hits for throwing seventy three pitches in five and a third innings. They go to the bullpen. The Dodgers scored two runs in the bottom of the sixth to take a two to one lead. In the eighth inning, they tacked on one more and then Juliol Orias pitched the seventh eighth and came back on the ninth to close it out for a World Series win.
Speaker 14: No balls, two strikes, two out, Urius to Adamis call strike three the Dodgers win.
Speaker 6: Finally, the weight is over.
Speaker 14: The Dodgers are the champions of twenty twenty in a year like no other where joy has been so hard to come by. Tonight, Tears of joy, let them flow. Tonight there is joy in Muttville. The curse of.
Speaker 6: Eighty eight is eighty eight and out the gate and.
Speaker 14: The Dodgers are celebrating out of the middle of the field between home plate and the pitchers bound. The Dodgers, for the first time since nineteen eighty eight thirty two seasons, are the champions of baseball.
Speaker 3: Tears of joy, Let them flow.
Speaker 2: Charlie Steiner on the call as the Dodgers beat the Tampa Bay Rays in the twenty twenty World Series. Is Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, a so Cow treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crable ishues Haffey hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check Yellow Rick Monday, leading up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Race. Tim Kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network its Lorono Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays.
Speaker 2: Rubber game of this three game sent day off tomorrow for the Dodgers before the Baltimore Orioles come into town. Cavin ste gets to start today in search of his twelfth wain of this season, first pitcher one ten Dodger fans. Start your future at California Community College Financial Lane. It's available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Well, there is still a lot of buzz around Major League Baseball about show Heo Tani's walkoff Grand Slam on Friday night, Rick, and there are more and more kind of interesting facts on how it relates to Dodger history and baseball history.
Speaker 7: And I got some interesting numbers that were sent to me, and it came on the heels of obviously the walk off Grand Slam Biotani with two outs in the ninth innings. You start to look at history, and we talk a lot about baseball history, and certainly Dodger history in this segment throughout the season. First of all, you're looking at home runs at Dodger Stadium. As far as the Dodgers concerned, it was home run number four, three hundred and forty. We lose sight about the factors that how many games have been played here, how many home runs have been hit here, So it's actually kind of neat. It was also just the fifth two out grand Slam walk off home run that the Dodgers hit in their entire existence in playing games here at Dodger Stadium. All of those, by the way, were in tie ball games. Now we go a little bit deeper, and I know I brought this name up to you a little bit earlier. Former teammate of mine, Davy Lopes. Lopes is the only LA Dodger to have two walk off Grand slams here at Dodger Stadium. Both of those also were worth two outs, and one of those was in the ninth inning in a walk off scenario. So if you look at things also with show heyo Tani seventeen career ninth inning home runs that he's been able to have. Here's the other thing that's interesting, show hey Otani has hit three Grand Slam home runs, all three of them been against the Rays.
Speaker 12: It feels like he is the Ray's daddy because he also hit his only cycle against the Rays in Tampa Bay. So there must be I guess, Rick, is it coincidence when a player does well against one particular team.
Speaker 7: Probably, And I think that, you know, going back and looking at some numbers, you know, researching some numbers too. There are some teams that I had difficulty with, and I start to analyze, well, what was the type of pitching staff that they had. I did fairly well against the Philadelphia Phillies. Not that it was an easy staff. They had guys who looked like an NBA team, I mean really, but they were fastball hitters, and I was as most hitters are better fastball hitters than breaking ball hitters.
Speaker 8: So I think that was one of the reasons.
Speaker 7: Is that the case with the Rays over the years, did they have a certain particular thought process or particular arms with redundancy that makes itself avails itself to maybe hitting more home runs, having more success by one hitter versus another hitter.
Speaker 12: Can you go back and give it to us again, how many home runs have been hit here at Dodger Stadium? Because I feel like we all have to digest that a little bit more.
Speaker 7: Well, in Los Angeles Dodgers' regular season history, regular season history and fifteen now at home, four thousand, six hundred and eighty seven had been hit here at Dodger Stadium. So it's a it's a lot of high fives and home plate although majority of those were hit even before the high fives came into being.
Speaker 12: Well, Rick Monday got thirty nine high fives because that's how many home runs Rick Monday hit at Dodger Stadium in his career.
Speaker 7: Oh, you did some research, that's right, Ratchiez. You're not just always sitting in that second row. Eaton bonbes.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to shine a light on a guy that doesn't shine a light on himself. But like you said, Dodger Stadium is the third oldest ballpark.
Speaker 6: Yeah, major League you No.
Speaker 7: No, we travel around and I mean it's one of those things. This isn't because we do the Dodger broadcast and is it because I wore a Dodge uniform very proudly. It isn't because I'm a local guy who grew up in Santa Monica. This place has always been a cathedral of baseball. I mean, and you look at it, the third oldest, David. We visit some other other stadiums that are a lot younger than this one, and they can't they can't hold candles. I mean, with the improvements that they've done. I mean all the outfield areas too. I mean, that's that's why we say, hey, look, get here early, because there are things to do in this stadium.
Speaker 12: Hey, before we back out, speaking of the renovations, those home run seats came into play on Otani's Grand Slam. Two fans clanked it and went back into the field of play and Jose Siri threw it back into the stadium instead of holding onto it for Otani.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and when Siri went to see it, everybody was yelling, hey, Siri. And how many phones went off? First night he was announced in the in Stephen the Nelson announced his name, I said, oh, there goes my phone.
Speaker 12: Hey, sirih Hey Monday, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 6: On a Sunday Hey, Vassa, nice to see you.
Speaker 7: Close the door behind.
Speaker 6: You sounds good. Good to see you, pal, Good to see you too.
Speaker 12: Great to be with you at Dodgers Stadium, where Rick Monday hit thirty nine home runs in three hundred and forty one games played.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 8: Research that.
Speaker 6: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of dv Joy McDonald of course, with all the great information and stats there provided for David Vessy.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball's brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA weekend. Find out more. It's Speedy Cash dot Com. You're gonna stop in an LA area Speedy Cash Store. Still, don't come here On Dodgers on Deck, I can get your preview this pitching matchup with Gavin Stone going for his twelfth win of this season, Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday and they'll be back before first pitch of the keys of the game. But up next, don't go anywhere. The cat mat is back Tony Gonsolin.
Speaker 3: He threw today. What's the latest we'll hear from him?
Speaker 9: Next?
Speaker 2: Dodgers raised first pitch of one ten. I'm Tim Kays's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio that World.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays on this Sunday rubber game of this three game series. Dodgers won the opener on Friday Nights, raised one in ten innings last night, first pitch coming up at one ten. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in all of California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 3: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 12: This this high and tight. Well, it was a pleasant surprise to come out to Dodger Stadium and see the catman Tony Gonsolin, not only see him, talk to him and see him pitch off the mound here at Dodger Stadium, and he joins us right now, you're alive, nine lives.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's been a while since the since of all just fans have seen me, but it's great to be back in this atmosphere, and it's incredible thrown on a game mound. I don't know why I'd throw a bullpen out there, but I'll take it.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 10: It was awesome being back.
Speaker 12: I've heard so many guys say that coming back from rehab, where it's just something different about doing it on that mound.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's just a completely different feel. You know, you get so used to being, you know, in the bullpen, throwing bullpens out there, and I've been so used to throwing bullpens in Arizona or throwing a couple lives now on the game mounds, and it's just nothing compares to what it's like to throwing on the game mound at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 12: To be a camelback ranch in the middle of summer for basically a whole year, that's gotta be a mental toll on you.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, it's hot.
Speaker 15: You get a you know, I wouldn't say you get used to it, but you just kind of get over it. You know it's gonna be hot. You know it's gonna be hot, and you just gotta drink more water and figure out a way to manage.
Speaker 6: And maybe pitch at seven.
Speaker 8: In the morning.
Speaker 15: Oh, I wish it was that early. It's still hot at seven in the morning.
Speaker 10: It doesn't even matter.
Speaker 15: But uh yeah, just try to avoid the early afternoon, mid afternoon direct heat and it's a It's okay.
Speaker 12: Not only was Tony Gonsolin pitching off the mount here at Dodger Stadium, but man, you had quite a crowd watching you, including the man that operated on your elbow, doctor Ela Trosh. That means it was big time showtime.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, I think that's I mean, that's definitely the first time I will tried to see me throw that close. But it was cool having him out there and having a little conversation with him after about what it looked like, what you saw and you know, what we're talking about, and how the how the repair plays into the pitches and all that stuff.
Speaker 12: It was it was really cool to learn all that I've heard. He's more than a surgeon. He actually cares about his patience.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I definitely agree.
Speaker 15: You know that the times I get to talk to him, you know, being stuck in AZ But the times I do get to talk to him, they've been really good conversations and very informative on both sides.
Speaker 12: I'd said Tony gonsoln is our guest. It's great to see him. I was on the phone when you came up to me. Man, it was really great to see that beer, great to see that ponytail, and honestly to see you pitch. How is the process going? And you're at that one year mark, so we're getting closer.
Speaker 15: Yeah, about about a week away from that one one year mark, and uh, definitely getting closer. Throwing three lives now they've been they've gone pretty good. Command isn't quite where I want it to be yet, although today it was it was pretty good.
Speaker 10: Maybe it's something about being back on that now, but uh yeah.
Speaker 15: Overall, just just working with the progress, you know, trying to uh take things as they come and manage everything, manage workload, ad manage you know, straining on the arm and being cognizant about all of that and just taking my time with it.
Speaker 12: How much have you been following the team? What is it like being removed from the team but obviously a part of the organization.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, I mean we play.
Speaker 15: We play every day, right, so I usually have the game on, fortunate enough to have those those afternoons as evenings off and basically have the game on any time I.
Speaker 10: Can, so basically every day.
Speaker 15: Uh, wether I'm directly watching on a TV or I got up on my iPad, it's it's on and I know, I know kind of what's happening.
Speaker 6: How about Gavin Stone? Have you been watching his season?
Speaker 12: What a remarkable season for a guy that wasn't even supposed to make the team out of spring training.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, I love watching Stone pitch. He's very similar to myself, I like to think, but just fastball, change up, you know, it's got his slider now, is discussing and working that cutter into just he's looking really good. And I like the the development who's had over the course of the year. You know, a rough couple first starts, and then really settled in and had a nice stretch of some really really good ones and then I've been a little shaky late, but he's gonna bounce back.
Speaker 6: How about Kershaw?
Speaker 12: Did you have a chance to see him in Arizona during your rehab process?
Speaker 10: Saw Kersh a little bit. He looks good. He looks healthy. Man, It's really fun.
Speaker 15: I'd really took it in yesterday and you know, never know what's gonna happen. But love watching him pitch every time and just the way that he competes.
Speaker 12: Before I let you go, I can't be insensitive to the fact your partner in crime, one of your former roommates, Dustin May, had an unfortunate accident with his esophagus. Have you had a chance to talk to him. What can you share with us about how he's doing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he's looking good. I can't share it too much, but he's looking good. Yuh, you know, super unfortunate, lost a lot away from it, and you know he's just making his way back now.
Speaker 10: But yeah, just let him do his thing.
Speaker 6: But he's okay.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he looks he's in good spirits, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: So are you. There's a different twinkle in your eye.
Speaker 12: I mean, obviously the beginning parts of this process are arduous, but it feels like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 15: You know, when they map you out to get back into some some rehab games.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it feels feels pretty good.
Speaker 15: But once it got past the first poorish months, it was really not not too bad.
Speaker 12: Hey, it's really great to see you smile in all sincerity. Great to see you smile. Great to see you back out here pitching, and we're all looking forward to having Tony Gonsolin back. So congratulations, and I promise the Travis Matthew promo code will work today.
Speaker 10: Awesome, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Oh Man there he is the cat man.
Speaker 12: Tony Gonsolin has been our guest. We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 3: Love one of those promo codes, David, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day, it's Shakys dot Com.
Speaker 3: Great to hear Tony Gonsol in good spirits.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he's on the men and hopefully be back ready to go twenty twenty five. Leading up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and raise up next well time deeper this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Audio know him.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Low Dodgers and raise on this Sunday first pitch and Dodgers Stadium coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dineck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Cos hit by your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty twenty twenty four to coma. See your Toyota dealer today, They make it easy. Jacob Lopez on the Mound, twenty five year old pitcher out of Saugust High School, College of the Canyons, twenty six round pick of the Giants in twenty eighteen, traded to the Rays in twenty nineteen. Made his major league debut in twenty twenty three sinker slider changeup. He's made it a couple of starts in the big leagues, most recently though, coming out of the bullpen. He's got a four oh eight e r in seventeen outings down in Triple A Gavin Stone.
Speaker 3: Eleven and five three forty four e RRA.
Speaker 2: Making his twenty four start this year so far in August four starts two and one three ninety two e r A. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Eto ns oyo Ja Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Shoeotani loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Amazon and eto.
Speaker 3: In dot com.
Speaker 2: That's it o e n dot Com. Dodgers raised fifteen minutes away from first pitch keys of the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kasa's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rays on this Sunday afternoon. Gavin Stone on the mound for the Dodgers looking for a twelfth win of this season. Dodgers fans and hans are listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio up and listening to HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. All right, let's heap back out to the booth. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: All right, Tim Rick Monday, and I gotta yap at you one more time and mo before we came on here, you're looking out at the stadium and you said, out of nowhere, you asked the question, where would the Dodgers be without Gavin Stone, and I didn't have an answer for you, but probably not in a good place.
Speaker 7: Well, it's eleven victories, eleven and five making his twenty four starts, and he's been very impressive two fifty three banning average against. But I think beyond the numbers and what he has been able to do to control the ballgame. Does it give up a lot of home runs fifteen in the twenty three starts. Doesn't allow of stolen bases only eight so far in the nine attempts that they have made. But if you look at Gavin Stone, I mean his last down he was on Monday against Seattle. Here he made only ninety pitches. Fifty nine of those were in the strike zone, a career high ten strikeouts. Okay, it's early in his career, so okay, struck out ten. But the thing was most impressive he threw twelve consecutive first pitch strikes to begin the ballgame. He was strike after strike after strike and really took command of the strike zone.
Speaker 4: It was huge too, because now he's up to eleven wins and he has a chance today to get his twelfth, and we haven't seen a Dodgers rookie with at least twelve wins since Kenta Maeda in twenty sixteen, and keep in mind kent to a rookie in the majors at that point, but not a rookie to pro baseball. So what Gavin Stone is doing here this year is not only pivotal, it is also a monumental for him from a standpoint of a Dodger rookie.
Speaker 7: Year, and especially too you look at it, he has the only complete game shutout for this Dodger vault foot one thing that he has improved upon that last down, in particular, right handed batters had been hitting it at a very high Hey, so Backer's still hitting it two to eighty. Oddly enough, lefties are hitting only two to nineteen against him, with only five of the fifteen home runs.
Speaker 4: So we'll see how his change up plays against the Tampa Bay Rays. You also keep in mind, tim as we send it back to you, the Dodger bullpen Evan Phillips Michael Kopek. If both pitch on back to back days, you're probably not going to see them tonight, and so you need some length and some effectiveness out of Gavin Stone to take some pressure and some leverage off that bullpen, knowing that Alex Vessia is available, Daniel Hudson is available, and maybe Blake trying and pitching him back to back Knights as well. But the Dodgers trying to take the series from the Rays. First pitch coming up shortly.
Speaker 3: All right, Dodgers going to action.
Speaker 2: Seventy seven and fifty three, three games up on the Arizona Diamonbacks, four and a half games up on the Padres A Diamondbacks. They're up seven to four and the ninth inname in Boston, so their's continuing to win. The Padres meanwhile, being an action coming up against the Mets in just a few minutes. First pitch is next. David Vaside's got you cover with all the postgame afterwards.
Speaker 10: Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates has been wrong with Casino. Dodgers on deck. I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network