Speaker 1: Often for once developing.
Speaker 2: This is just developing out of the Middle East now right down, it's developing.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KARC the Talk Station, Ato Sick Chair pick about kr S the Talk Station. A very happy Friday Eve to you, and as I've been importing out all morning, very special happy day for me and my wife. I like to think she agreed, and she is because she texted me to say she was in agreement. It's our thirty third anniversary and we're both pretty happy with the fact that we were able to meet each other. And I'm certainly happy with the fact that I was able to convince her to go out with me, since she did say no a couple of times after when I first tried. Anyhow, so's a woman of she's smart, that's smarter than I am. Anyway back in studio, and it's always a pleasure to see Joe Montgomery, who's currently in a relationship where he's out kicked as coverage.
Speaker 2: He knew I was gonna say something. Linn is an outstanding woman. She's amazing. Morning congratulates all of the.
Speaker 1: Young Marines, And of course Joe Monk, if you don't remember, is involved with and the founder of a wonderful, wonderful organization called Patriots Landing located in northern Kentucky, real close to the the Arc Museum. Right, it's right count just Arc in County. That's kind of right around the corner for you guys. And let's start off before we get to your announcement. I know you've gotten something special to let my listeners know about. You're the reason behind Patriots Landing what you do each and every day, and we'll talk about some of the items you manufacture in your woodshop, which has expanded over the years. So let's start off with a little history lesson to remind my listeners or at least explain to them for those who aren't familiar with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know our mission statement is enhancing the lives of veterans and their families. And you and I have talked over the years about a lot of the things that happen in our shop with the camaraderie, with the purpose that we're providing for the veterans. It's so real, it's amazing to watch. One of the things I want to share with you this morning is we talk about this with our groups that visit all the time that a lot of times in most veterans, probably the far majority would acknowledge that, as we just discussed briefly, your wonderful, lovely, beautiful spouse has given you the ability to grow in your relationship and play caated a lot of different things and is not causing tons of stress for you right over the years and your relationship.
Speaker 1: Well, I couldn't be married to a woman who caused me stress all the time, Like if I was pulling in the driveway and I got a sinking feeling like oh no, done over with that's not me. But not having to deal with that or even think about it as a concept, That's one of the reasons why I'm so happy that I was able.
Speaker 2: To what a perfect segue with your previous guests are just amazing and had the pleasure right that It's just just the brain stress thing, which you and I have a lot of because we're just on go, go go all the time. But the spouses, and I'll say particularly maybe the wives. We have a lot of you know, women who serve obviously, and the husbands do now, but historically, you know, the spouse suffers equally a lot of times as much or even sometimes more than the actual veteran if they're deployed, that you know, they have to hold the house down with the kids and whatever else. And the stress there about one of the loved one being deployed and not knowing where they are than when that person comes home. And I forget if it's a song or a saying. That really hit me years ago when we talked about and bringing the families in, is that the mom, you know, sent her boy overseas and the boy never came home, but but her son came home. It was just a different person. And so that's what the families deal with. And I tell you all that because we we just recently brought into our shop a wonderful edition. Her name is well, we call her Goody. It's Goody. I believe I'm probably butchering that, but she is very much a German woman. She met her husband in Germany while he was serving. They got married, They spent twenty something years over there. She came to America, loves America. Her husband obviously was a veteran of the Army. Loved woodworking. Was you know that Veterans Cemetery is right across the street from our facility. Well, she came in a little over a year ago, having buried her husband, wanted to thank us for putting the flags out.
Speaker 1: That we put out. Oh yeah, cemetery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and was just bawling and needed a burial flight case. So we assisted her with that process and picked out the right one for her husband. She says, oh, my husband was a wood worker. Blah blah blah. Well, Brian, about every couple of months she would come down to visit her husband. She would come in and every time she was crying, she was emotional. And I started a conversation about our mission statement, our wall. You know, we we would love to have you come in if you love woodworking. And oh, she says, I like to scroll saw and bos I said, I said, goodie. We have a scroll sall in the back that's literally collecting dust, you know, pardon the pun, but it never gets used. We don't have time for it. And so about a month and a half ago she came in and she was she looked a little different, and she says, she says, Joe, she says, she says, it's been a year. It's been a year today and she says, I think I'm ready. I'm like goodie whenever I said pack a lunch, come down, And she's come down every week since then. And she gets in the back and she's smiling, and she's she doesn't take any crap from the boys. I can tell you that well she's German. She is. And it is absolutely gives me chills and amazing to see how our veterans have just welcomed her as the spouse of a veteran.
Speaker 1: And she just part of the family.
Speaker 2: She launched. She laughs, she tells jokes, and so I got to witness from the but loved when it was a sudden, very quick passing jeez. One of those found out a cancer was was gone month and uh, you know, to have air quote a non veteran come into our shop, but a family member who lived and literally was brought to America from a vetter now on the back in our shop scroll and stuff, and she makes all kinds of cool stuff. So uh that that's a that's another step into progression of how we're helping veterans and their families really and it was just fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Well and just sort of an explanation on the value of your organization. Obviously, a woman struggling with her emotional situation, given the loss of her husband. You were a welcoming environment for her. You did something nice for her in this in the form of getting very flag uh veterans of flag burial box or flatcase, flatcase struggling with the words, which is one of your original ideas. You are the exclusive provider of flagcases for Arlington National Cemetery, which I think is just an amazing thing. But that stepping stone, and you stuck with it. And she obviously was impacted by that encounter since she kept showing up. So she did and she had one foot in the door that little experience with the Patriots landing.
Speaker 2: And we've had a Vietnam veteran with a very similar experience where when they come in with their wives, the families again, you know, I could tell the veteran will say, oh, I like woodworking, blah blah blah, and collectively they'll say, you know, well I need to get down here. But you can see it in the wives like he needs to get down here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's a purpose, right, it's a purpose. It's like they see them around the house modeling, not quite sure day to day, cutting the grass. They have their honeydew list. Sure, but they don't have you know, cutting the grass is not a purpose coming down and hang out in a shop and shooting the crap and laughing and telling war stories. As we've discussed many times, it's just happens. There's a purpose there for them.
Speaker 1: Then, Ben, they also can engage in the woodworking activities because you make these really cool handmade wood products, and I love how the veterans' names on them, the veteran who made any individual item, and you if I've been the recipient of several of these over the years, the flag, the Passion Cross which you gave me last time. That thing is amazing, and the Patriot Cross, which I have proudly displayed out of my favorite spot in the in my house, my screened in porch.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I see it every day, so they're there. You know what sounds really cool to me just the idea of hanging out with a bunch of cool guys you have this connection with by virtual military service in a wood shop, because you know, I've done some wood projects myself over the years, so it's like guys hanging out in a garage working on cars. This is guys hanging out in the wood shop working on wood projects, but having that opportunity to you know, bustwevos and swap stories and you know, decompressed, perhaps making friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't invent reinvent the wheel, take take veterans out or whatever your listener lunches. You know, like minded people coming together, enjoying their time together. Y yeah, similar thoughts talking. Probably a stress reliever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, without question, going back to my friends or yeah, I don't feel a lick of stress at a listener lunch. Thank you for pointing that out. I mean, they see, I have one more reason to look forward to it. We'll continue with Joe Montgomery. It's Patriots Landing dot org. Patriots Landing dot org. They have a whole bunch of different products that they make. The proceeds go to benefit this organization, and they've expanded over the years, and obviously more and more veterans are discovering Patriots Landing and all the benefits of they hanging out in the shop. Age fifteen. Right now that you have ksee the talk station at Gate of Heaven Catholic Cemetery of Montgomery. It is beautiful, There is no question about it. The landscaping, the trees, the paths, and the environment is just a perfect place to reflect on life, the sacredness of life, you know, a place for prayer, a place for healing, a place for meditation, to spend a full hour talking with George and Keith on stress, a place to decompress. For a tranquil landscape, surrounded area for all of this, you know, mental health to occur, and also a wonderful spot for you to consider for your final resting place. Kate of Heaven excuse me, Catholic Church. Find them online learn more at gateof Heaven dot org.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC our iHeart.
Speaker 1: A twenty fifty KRC detalk station Joe Montgomery from an amazing organization that he found it.
Speaker 2: Have you been around fifteen years now? I was just looking at the other day. I'm not real good with dates, but it's closer to seventeen because it's just a slightly older than my boy. Update your website another thing, which is Patriots Landing dot org. Try not to stress me out, brother, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, you know, I'm not going to try to do that. Just bust and play those again anyway. A place for patriots and families to spend time together to work in the workshop to make these wonderful products, and most notably the flagcases, which are the exclusive flagcases for Arlington National Cemetery. Maybe a loved one, a military veteran passing your home and you're looking for something special to display the flag in. You have come to the right place when you go to Patriots Landing dot org. And you also do some custom items too, don't you.
Speaker 2: We do, we do. We have made all kinds of different tables in the past. It was just at the DAV headquarters, which is a gorgeous, gorgeous facility there in Erlanger a couple of days ago. It's actually dropping off a couple of small we have small flagcases for like memorial flags. Sure to an Air Force veteran who happened to be there and I and I and I went upstairs and happened to run into Barry Jasinowski, who's the head of the DAV and Cody van Box, a very good friend, executive director, and we talked. We talked for about a half an hour. Just great, great guys. I mean, you can imagine they run this huge organization. And Joe walks in and the man gives me thirty minutes of his time and we talk family, We talk all kinds of stuff. We were looking. We made six or seven custom walnut live edge coffee tables for their new headquarters. They are out the executive thing and we're going to actually kind of redo him. I was telling Barry, we'll start one at a time and sand him down and put I've discovered a different type of oil that we can put on these live edge stuff that just just bang, and so we've we've done some of that with live edge stuff. Uncle LeRoy's fudge. If you've ever been to the Creation Museum or arc Encounter, they saw fudge there, answers and Genesis is opening a new facil build in Pigeonforge and in Branson, Missouri. So he needed to fudge tables, which need to hold that seven hundred and fifty pound marble.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we had to make sure we built some beefy tables there. We do all kinds of little different tastes, so it's not just the items that we're seeing on your website. I guess the only point I wanted to make because I know you do some custom creations for other special order. You did bring a bag of tricks with you today, and you were going to spring that on. And we have a couple of a few minutes remaining in the segment, so me, let's open the goodie box. He's gonna get his tissues out.
Speaker 1: An allergy moment, No, no, And you did it and the gate of yeah, well on the heels of that conversation about that wonderful woman, the German woman that comes in, and timing I guess was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you segued into the gate of heaven. And that's where you know, my dad, who I founded this for, we buried him there and then a few months later we buried my mom there. And so I just wow, I just feel that it's just it's just why, It's just why I come and talk to you.
Speaker 1: Lord works serious ways, my friend, I had no idea. The timing could not have been more perfect and considering the subject matter, but it was there on the schedule all morning.
Speaker 3: So so, uh, what I did is I always like to bring you something, brother, So this is uh, this is a Kentucky bourbon barrel American flag.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's where the wood coloring comes from.
Speaker 2: That's that's the that's the charcole inside of the barrel, so the charcoal represents the red and the outside the outside represents the white.
Speaker 1: That is cool.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned the signatures on the back always means so much, so we put some on there for everybuddy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're gonna make me have an allergy up.
Speaker 2: Right now, here's the Kleenex brother to our dear friend.
Speaker 1: An amazing support of Brian Thomas cheers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, And I signed that one for you. I made that one up and uh and you know you you experienced some of our stuff being a faith based the Patriot Cross which always has a faith based saying, the Passion Cross, which is definitely so this is this is something that we used to make quite a bit of and we just got back into it and I brought you a little stand here. But literally, without further ado, I've been working on something for about eighteen months, so I kind of thought the Kentucky bourbon barrel flag might be apropos. Oh, it's awesome. This is this is what we're launching today, sir. Oh no, yeah.
Speaker 1: Patriots Landing straight bourbon whiskey. You've got your own whiskey. We have our own private label burb. That is awesome. Where can my listeners we're almost running out of times. Where can my listeners get this and support your organization. I'm sure it probably tastes out.
Speaker 2: And it was hands selected by a young lady named Erica Krause who's well known in North Kentucky as a bourbon expert. My buddy Jeremy Armbrewster came down. He's a Bourbon Bourbon officionado. And so right to our website, Patriots Landing dot org, you're found the founder's edition eighty eight and the eighty eight Brian, there's gonna be eighty eight limited edition bottles. Okay, you're gonna get a number of different cool little things when you buy this bottle shipped to you for your support. The eighty eight is because that's how Pops was when he.
Speaker 1: Passed macounter's edition bottles and a special thing for his service to our country. And again he's the impetus behind the existence of Patriots Landing, which you started in your father's honor for after his service of his country. This is number one of eighty eight.
Speaker 2: I'm keeping that one.
Speaker 1: Buddy.
Speaker 2: You can have the flag, but that comes back with me. Fair enough, fair enough, I'll get over and get one before they go. YEA cool and congratulations man. That is a wonderful, wonderful offering.
Speaker 1: Folks. Do your help, do your best to help support them. If you're a veteran, you know where to turn. Go to Patriots Landing the information at patriots Landing dot org. Check out the products. Just support him by buying one. You'll be thoroughly impressed with them. I love this bourbon cask of flaggy Gamy. Man, Joe, it's just been awesome seeing you again. Keep up the great work around. So inspiring. Thank you press, so inspiring. God bless you, God bless you. Stick around folks. iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Rauve as is the case every Thursday. Looking forward to having Jay back on the program and some cool topics with Jay as well, and an opportunity for you to save money getting your car repair. Don't go to the dealer, go to Foreign Exchange for traditional imported manufactured cars, whether Asia, Europe or our friends over at Tesla. They do testless service at Foreign Exchange. Yes, full warranty on parts and service for anything they're doing for you, regardless of which cars in there. They have access to your manufacturers technical information. Your car will be worked on by an ASE certified Master technician. And I've heard rumors that the price of car repairs going way way up, and you know that's going to be the case of your dealer. So save the money, get great customer service and a wonderful repair experience, and going there for probably a decade, maybe more. Online you find it at foreign X from the letter x dot com at for the Westchester location, that's Tylersville off of Set seventy five East two streets, right on Kinglin. And you're there, tell Austin and the crew there. Brian said, Hi five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five k r C