Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. We're watching the national nervous breakdown from the left, which is a great service to this country because then a lot fewer people have vote Democrat in the future. But Ryan, it has not even come close to its apex because what's coming next. They're going to have to sit there and watch Donald J. Trump, President Trump, receive the Nobel Peace Prize, right, I mean, this is going to be such a beautiful thing to behold. That should be the final blow, right, there should be like literally nothing left of the left after that get given the way we see just their heads exploding across the landscape right now.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, beautiful thing. And so we'll open with that.
Speaker 1: We have so much locally to talk about, but come on, this absolute meat grinder that's been going on in Ukraine. The sheer evil, the raping and pillaging of Ukraine by by the evil Vladimir Putin, all of which occurred because of Biden's weakness and the left's weakness. He didn't go in under Trump. Putin didn't go in under Trump, he went underd Obama, and then he went in under Biden. So it's a perfect example of how weakness leads to war, not strength. Weakness and a war that never should have happened and should not continue another day because the outcome is predetermined. I mean at this point, and we talked about this on air days after that war started, there should never be an American boot on the ground in Ukraine in this war, and if Europe was not willing to put boots on the ground, evil Putin would prevail. That was always a certainty, and Europe was not willing to put boots on the ground. Now, I think America should have helped financially in certain ways to point to a purpose, but any boots on the ground needed to be European, and without European boots on the ground, the Ukraine was never despite the heroism of the Ukrainian people, was never going to be able to defeat Russia. So given that we know where this is going to end because Europe won't put boots on the ground, it needs to end soon.
Speaker 2: And I hate to see raw evil. It's satanic evil.
Speaker 1: In the form of Putin be rewarded with a single inch of Ukrainian soil. But because Europe would not put boots on the ground, that was certain to happen. So end it now so great to see Trump following through, and all indications are it's rolling in that direction, and I would expect it's going to happen sooner and later.
Speaker 2: Let's pray that it does.
Speaker 1: Three H three someone three A two five five the number text DN five seven seven three nine. I would love to get your thoughts on that as well, and what the resolution there should look like, because there are obviously a lot of moving pieces.
Speaker 2: But so disappointed in Europe.
Speaker 1: And listen, that war never should have happened, and I didn't want to see that war get bigger, but I sure as hell didn't want to see evil Putin win. And if Putin gets an inch of Ukrainian soil, he wins, and that's that's horrific. But Europe was not willing to put boots on the ground, and so that's once Biden allowed this to happen. At that point. Europe being unwilling to step up is why evil has been allowed to triumph to a point here in the meantime, what do we say? I think we saw a lot of heroism from the Ukrainian people, so Lensky, we can talk about there's plenty of good and there's bad as well, But the Ukrainian people talk about tough and talk about heroic and talk about fighting for their homeland. I think the Ukrainian people deserve better than this happening to them.
Speaker 2: Eight five or zero five eight two five five?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'll keep repeating that awful number for a while because we finally switched over to the better number. But how how many years have we been doing this?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 1: How many years? You're not going to be responding to me at all today because you're in a love bubble now. Your mind is a million miles from that.
Speaker 4: That's that last part is definitely not true. Kelsey is behind the scenes here and.
Speaker 2: Hind the scenes well with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah about from what I can see from sure, you guys have started the honeymoon already. I feel like I got to close my eyes while I do the show.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I.
Speaker 1: Assume you announced this on your shoul to day toward the tail end. Yeah, yeah, Shan and I are engaged. Yeah, I can tell, Yeah, and I can tell.
Speaker 4: We were just in Arizona this past week and visiting her mom and her stepdad and it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Now, how did you pop the question?
Speaker 4: It was not like a Dan Kaplis special that was iconic for all time, like you did live on television, which is the little risky you think it's.
Speaker 5: The boldest move ever.
Speaker 2: I was one noble way from nowhere to live in the world.
Speaker 1: It was or break like Eskimos would have been taunting me, loser, get on the ice floe loser.
Speaker 5: So yeah, not an any spoor level proposal button.
Speaker 2: It worked.
Speaker 4: It was new bottom line business, New Year's Eve, and I had to coax her to stay awake until midnight mountain time. Now, she did fine at ten pm mountain time where it was midnight and the ball dropped and we're doing okay, yeah, and then she's drifting off like, hey, might want to stay awake for this one, and then yeah wow wow.
Speaker 6: So begins to wake up and realize what was going on, and then I started crying.
Speaker 1: Okay, all I heard is it took about ninety seconds to wake up and realize what was going on.
Speaker 2: Then you started.
Speaker 6: Crying, and then I started crying it and be like, oh, oh my god. You know, but I think I was kind of probably was snoring before.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was what what shoulder?
Speaker 1: That just makes it a better story. But what a great moment in life it really was. And then were you like, right back to sleep or oh.
Speaker 6: God, no, I didn't sleep? Thrust and I he.
Speaker 2: Curged me right up? Okay, family show ye, but no, what a great stoke.
Speaker 1: No, So, if my math is correct, you have sat on this then for I buried the.
Speaker 2: Lady two days? Well, yeah, because you know it's not you know, we're close.
Speaker 5: I sound like a topic dazure or anything.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, hey, what's going on now? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: How about you?
Speaker 1: You have no way that dear okay got engaged, would work its way into the conversation over forty two days.
Speaker 5: What has been happening with the inauguration?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, oh yeah, A lot been happening. Yeah, lot been happening.
Speaker 1: But it's one of the great times in life. What are you guys formalizing?
Speaker 5: Oh, we don't know.
Speaker 2: No, but I have the dress. Oh that's what it. I got the dress?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 2: Oh that is such a big deal. Huge, such a big deal.
Speaker 5: She said yes to the dress. I think that's how that goes.
Speaker 6: I did, well, my my mom's credit.
Speaker 2: Cards said, yes, that is important.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one charge you want to have clear right, Yeah, you picked.
Speaker 5: It on you want to do five.
Speaker 2: Actually, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: It wasn't like a design.
Speaker 7: It wasn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't go Vera Wang.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that. But yeah, I don't know what that was. I've got to believe Vera Wanging.
Speaker 4: No, it's probably good, Okay, yeah, yeah, all I'm saying is, you know, probably last five deathbed images.
Speaker 1: One of those is going to be Amy in her dress walking down the aisle. So the dress is a big deal, right, it's it's a whole different look.
Speaker 6: Well, and I'm forty one, I'll be forty two by the time we get married, and I've never been married, so this is, like, you know, really big deal. And I kind of surprised myself. I honestly didn't think i'd get a like gown. You know, you got to I got it.
Speaker 1: And I think every girl grows up thinking about her wedding dress and her wedding day and yeah, all all of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so my dream and I get this guy amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah all that time, look as you got stuck with so my condolences to.
Speaker 1: Keep the dress, return the rye.
Speaker 2: No no, no, it's no. Congrats to both of you. Thrill. How did you guys meet again?
Speaker 4: Dog Topia? Originally, so you know the movie Must Love Dogs. I think that might apply in some way here. And I was taking care of a little critter, my neighbor's dog, Milo, who was a mini Schnauzer and.
Speaker 5: One of my buddies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then she was taking Bruce Wayne the woodle there and we kind of saw each other in passing and then we connected on Facebook, and then I met her for the first.
Speaker 5: Time at JD's. I'm like, wait a minute, like you did earlier today, I'd like, I know you from somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, no, I that somewhere along the road we have met that day for sure. I didn't know this for sure, but wow, well congratulations, just a great time in life.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'd ask when the wedding is Obviously I'm not going to be invited. I didn't hear about them. That's how I will make sure.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Kill appreciate.
Speaker 5: The question is are you going to attend?
Speaker 2: Why would that be a question?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm warming up on the toast already. Yeah, I'm watching ever YouTube. I canna.
Speaker 2: I am all set, all set.
Speaker 6: My two best friends are pranksters. We've been in a decade long prank war. I'm not kidding that, thousands of dollars, hours and hours we've started.
Speaker 2: I like them all right, but they're great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they said they're preparing my toast.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a roast.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it should be, I mean to a point. But well, congratulations to both of you. Then, what a great way to start the show and us celebrating that and hopefully the upcoming ends sooner than later to this killing field in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: That never should happen.
Speaker 1: To begin with three or three someone three eight, two, five five text d an five seven, seven through nine.
Speaker 2: We'll make it back. Lots to talk about.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about next steps with with this reality that you've got John Hickenlooper for reelection in Colorado. John Hickenlooper who is pushing a bill to make it easier for illegal immigrants to vote. I mean, he's pushing a bill. Literally, here's what it talks. This bill would say, I has to be hands off illegal immigrants in polling places.
Speaker 2: I mean, so we need to come back.
Speaker 1: Need to tell you the latest on that if you want to see the bill itself. Aunt dan Kaplis on X and then now want to talk to you about a number of other things including Denver now major bond issue. What do you think the chances of passage are there? But I've got the fix for Denver. They don't want to hear it, but it is. It is the brutal truth. I got the fix for Denver. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Talking about the good news.
Speaker 1: President Trump believes that there will be a peace agreement soon in Ukraine, and that's good news despite the fact, and I think it's horrific that Putin's going to gain some territory in Ukraine. I think that's inevitable and it's wrong. But given the fact that Biden's weakness allowed this war to start in Europe, was not willing to put boots on the ground to support Ukraine, that's the inevitable outcome. So stop the killing, get it done eight five five for zero five A two five five text d An five seven seven thirty nine. Dan, is case u al screwed up? Or are you no longer simulcasting? They have Sean Hannity on.
Speaker 2: I've got to.
Speaker 1: Give Sean a call about that in the next break. What's going on there, Ryan, my friend? I know that we are still on case col What did Sean do to out maneuver us there today?
Speaker 4: Hey Dean, it's probably some kind of satellite issue or somebody didn't push a right button or something. So I appreciate the listener slash text or bringing that to our attention. I've already forded it to our boss on the scene here, Dave Tupper, and it is being addressed.
Speaker 2: That is so exciting.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my friend, and apologies to all of our great listeners in Fort Collins and the surrounding area. Dan, how about boots on the ground in Gaza slash Middle East riv era, Yeah, that is not going to happen. You are not going to see US combat forces in Gaza that we can be sure of. But we are going to see all help break loose, right, I mean President Trump, he understands his stock in trade, his strength, he doesn't bluff.
Speaker 2: If AMAS does.
Speaker 1: Not get back on track and comply with the terms of the ceasefire agreements, then well I expect you'll see a lot from Israel come Sunday.
Speaker 5: Two things on that front.
Speaker 4: We saw the condition of those three hostages, and that really angered President Trump horrific greatly, should anger everybody. And he is angry also. And I agree with him here about Hamas peacemealing two hostages.
Speaker 5: Here three there.
Speaker 4: He's saying all of them Saturday by noon or else. And I challenge Hamas to test him on that be interesting to see if they do. I mean, we know what the result is going to be. So we'll get to some more texts. We'll get to some calls.
Speaker 1: I do though, if you haven't dialed in you it yet, want to call your attention to something really significant. This should be a ninety nine to one issue in Colorado. We should all agree, no matter where people come down on immigration policy, that illegal immigrants should not be allowed to vote.
Speaker 2: That would be an.
Speaker 1: Absolute corruption of the American system. Yeah, we have John Higgenloopers up for reelection in Colorado and Michael Bennett pushing a bill to make it easier for illegal immigrants to vote. They're pushing a bill that would say ICE cannot detain an illegal immigrant at a polling place at a polling place, So that is something hopefully all of Colorado will rise up against, because there's no other way to read that other than trying to encourage illegal immigrants to vote in our elections. And now that they're being so blatant about that, so public about that, you know, one has to really wonder what's been going on behind the scenes. What has been going on behind the scenes with the Democratic Party to encourage illegal immigrants to vote.
Speaker 2: If they're willing to be so upfront about.
Speaker 1: It, have they been acting behind the scenes to actively encourage it. Yeah, when it gets to the point that they're publicly pushing a bill to say ICE cannot detain an illegal immigrant.
Speaker 2: At a polling place, what does that tell you?
Speaker 1: Eight five five four zero five eight two five five Or you can call a far easier number three oh three seven one three eight two five five or text dam five seven seven three nine real quick danes.
Speaker 4: Sir Steve Monahan, former candidate for the six congressional District, YES, has teamed up with another former candidate in the sixth Congressional District, John Fabricatory yes to form an organization that would facilitate cooperation between local law enforcement officials and ICE. And he has some things to say about the Hick Bennett bill that you pointed out.
Speaker 1: Oh wonderful. And I enjoy Steve. I mean, I thought he was an excellent candidate. We had a good time on air. So we're talking to him at four thirty six. That is correct, sir, good because it's very, very important that people not.
Speaker 2: Let this rest.
Speaker 1: So please at Dan Kaplis' Twitter you can see the actual bill.
Speaker 2: You can see that this isn't me.
Speaker 1: Embellishing anything or interpretation or anything else. It's right there in black and white. Send it to everybody you know. Let them know this is the real John Hickenlooper. He must be defeated in this cycle of vote for Hickenlooper is a vote for helping illegal immigrants vote, and we should all all be able to agree that should not happen.
Speaker 2: I want to get you some red hot sound.
Speaker 1: And this is fun stuff, right because we get to together enjoy the left exposing themselves for who they really are. And I know that may sound silly to you. If you were born a conservative, you are a conservative, and you've had that worldview all along. You're sitting there saying, come on, Dan, Obviously people know who the left is, and I'm here to tell you no. As a guy who is a Democrat for many, many years, you got to understand there are so many Democrats who are not these far left wackos that you see out there. They're just regular people like you and me. They love our country, they're patriotic. They've just grown up with this very negative view of the GOP and they just kind of accept this habit of voting for Democrats. They do not understand how crazy, secular, anti faith, anti almost everything good far left the current Democratic Party is.
Speaker 2: So it is very.
Speaker 1: Helpful when they see these lefty leaders out there doing this kooky stuff. And that starts with exposing somebody like hicking Loper and Bennett on trying to pass a law to make it easier for illegal immigrants to vote. Actually, come on now, if you're an illegal immigrant and you hear John Hickyloper is pushing a bill that means ice can't touch you when you're at a polling place, what other way do you take that other than they want you voting and you'll be safe.
Speaker 2: The safest place.
Speaker 1: You can be in America if you're here illegally, is at a polling place right under this bill, if they get their way. Yeah, so here said this is a milder version, but representative I had a pressley at one of these pop up kind of I'd call them screen therapy sessions the left seems to be having every day now.
Speaker 8: But let me tell you something. I'll take a bit of umbridge here. I'll speak on behalf of my colleagues. I'm I can say we are all willing to work with anyone who's serious about doing the work of censoring the American people.
Speaker 1: So censoring the American people. See, they're open about it, now, right open about it. It can loper embentett. They want to say, no illegal immigrants. I just can't touch you at the voting booth, head on over to the polling place and now censoring the American people. So I wanted to have a little fun with that. Ryan, have you been able to successfully stupid question? I know you have never failed on one of these. Edit out the F word from the other Democrat leader.
Speaker 2: So what we'll do?
Speaker 1: We don't have time before this break because I want you to be able to savor it. We've got these kind of joint clips of the left. This is a congresswoman out there talking about doing very very nasty things to Trumpet, intervow some extreme obscenity, which Ryan has bleeped out, and then they start one of their famous chants.
Speaker 2: And you know how the left will come up with these goofy chants.
Speaker 1: And I have a story to tell you about that because one of them was about me. Got my attention. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast if.
Speaker 7: The show.
Speaker 2: Four thirty six Very deep from Ryan today.
Speaker 1: I think he's in one of those moods since he publicly announced his engagement to a most amazing young woman who's actually on the phones today filling in for Kelly. So love is in the air and perfect timing too, My goodness. Valentine's stage is what two days away?
Speaker 2: That's true?
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta go find that Fanny May. Have you ever had Fanny make candy? No tradition in Chicago to get Fannie May on BALENTI second, Oh yeah, no, it is phenomenal Hey, let's go to the VIP line. Welcome Steve Monahan back to the show. Steve was on a bunch when he was running for Congress in CD six. Super impressive guy, and here today to talk at least in part about this is stunning. This stunning development where hicken Looper and Bennett are pushing a bill that would make it easier for illegal immigrants to vote, a bill that actually prohibits Ice from detaining an illegal immigrant at a polling place. So not at all subtle on hick and Looper's part. Steve, welcome back to the Dan Kepli Show. You can see, by the way, the actual bill. You can see the wording verbatim at Dan Kaplis on X.
Speaker 2: How you doing, my friend, Well, thanks.
Speaker 3: For having me on the show. Dan. Appreciate the vote of confidence there. It's good be back on. I'm doing well. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hey, for those who maybe didn't get to meet you during the campaign, give people a brief sense of your bio.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Sure, obviously I ran for US Congress, not the cycle but the cycle before for CD six.
Speaker 3: Against against Jason Crow.
Speaker 9: And I've got a military background primarily, and.
Speaker 3: In fact I've just retired from.
Speaker 9: The Navy as a naval aviator and not fly airplanes for a living.
Speaker 3: And now we're picking up an initiative.
Speaker 9: To make my home state after I'd stopped moving around all over the world Colorado, trying to make a little safer.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got a very impressive military background that obviously you don't want to talk about and because you're humble, But Steve, tell folks what you're up to now and how it ties into this craziness from Hickenlooper and Bennett.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we have an organization called Safe Colorado. And really what we're trying to do is, you know, as Bennett and Hickenlooper try to use their senatorial influence in the state of Colorado and in the national level to sort of take a lot of the ability of the American people their decision making off the table.
Speaker 7: More.
Speaker 3: You know, we voted for Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: Because we kind of got tired of watching our own country get taken away from us and the rule of law just be eroded, and not least of which was the immigration issue. And kind of what they're pushing is one more instance of you know, hey, here we're trying to correct an issue.
Speaker 3: Let's tie your hands.
Speaker 9: And what we're trying to do with this is get an initiative to get something on the ballot so that people of Colorado can have their say. And kind of overwhelmingly when you do give them their ability to say, they choose common say, I mean almost every time, and we want them to say, like, we don't want to be a sanctuary state.
Speaker 3: We want a rule of law.
Speaker 9: I mean, we have an immigration law that dates back to Bill Clinton, and either you want it or you don't. But that's for the US Congress to decide via their electorate and not just for arbitrary administration or this you know kind of I'll call it feckless state legislature that just rams through whatever it feels like. And you know, Bennett and Hick and Looper got putting a cherry on top here with I mean, I'm not really sure of the point is to just to call out the whole you know, the point of having a bunch of illegal aliens in here, or to foster more fear mongering of you know, conspicuously say no polling places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually why they would be there to begin with?
Speaker 1: Well, and Steve, Steve Monahan with us right now here's what I think their play is. Right, You've got Hickenloper and Bennett out there and they're talking about how they're pushing this bill because nobody should have ever have to be worried on their way to church. And then you know, I actually read this bill and I read to the very last page, and on the second to last page you have this this provision barrier that says ice cannot ice cannot detain somebody at a polling place, you know, or any place where voting is taking place. So they want to come out and say, oh, okay, now let's make sure you can't bust people at church. And then here's what they're really after, because I think you look at this open borders, right, this total madness, is this national suicide because along with all the good people come so many bad people. And it can only be because all these lefties, including Hickenlooper and Bennett, see all those people as potential votes, and they're willing to have people subjected to all this extra crime so the Democrats can get these extra votes. Why else would you have a provision like this put into this bill. Ice can't touch them at a polling place. We may have lost their good friends Steve there. Yeah, okay, hopefully we have Steve Monahan back because Steve, I also wanted to ask you about at this point whether you have language for this ballot measure and so happy you're going the ballot route, because I think you're right. I think you know, we've had this weirdness in Colorado where anything with the red jersey on pretty much gets shot, but people pass a lot of conservative ballot measures.
Speaker 2: So I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I think if people have a chance to stay on a ballot no, hey, hey we want to let probation and parle cooperate with ice, et cetera. Stuff like that's going to pass. But what what's your measure going to look like?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so that that is going to be primarily what it is. It's going to be easier to get it across the finish line. That's a little bit of the dirty secret with with some of the stuff is just about initiative on takes a lot of going through committees that quite frankly, like you said, have a red jersey on, they're looking to kill it or they're looking to make it confusing. So some of it's going to be we're trying to get it as plain language as we can. And some of it is to repeal those bills that that you know, prohibit law state and local law enforcement from working with federal law enforcement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's our first book. We are going to get.
Speaker 9: It's you know, it's kind of a wishless is where it starts for priorities, and we're going to get anything in everything that we can all about initiative.
Speaker 3: We are not ruling anything out.
Speaker 9: The overarching theme is we are not a sanctuary state. You cannot make that decision unilaterally, and we're going to prove it on the ballot this next election.
Speaker 2: And how can people help?
Speaker 9: Yeah, ideally, I mean we're going to look for a ton of supporters because it takes a ton of signatures and it takes it all yeah, time and effort. So we're looking for grassroots as with any campaign, and it's the worst and I hated doing it when I was running for Congress, but we're going to need money. It takes money to get these things across the finish line. And you can go to Safecolorado dot org and you can contact us there. You can help us there, and we do want as much support as we can.
Speaker 3: From anyone, red, blue or independent.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the key, my friend, because as you anticipated, I think there's going to be this is going to be one of those broadly supported issues in Colorado, right, and I think this is a ninety to ten issue in Colorado that illegal mgirt should not be able to vote. And hey, Steve, thanks for the correct time man, and let's stay in touch on this, yes, sir, thank you, thank you. That is as Steve monahans, Safe Colorado is the group. If you want to see that actual bill, because you may be sitting there thinking, now, Dan, come on, you must there must be some interpretation here.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I posted page seventeen of the bill. It's an eighteen page bill and they bury it at the bottom. But you can see. I think this just confirms, right that this is what the Democrats have been all about all along, just getting folks in here illegally so they could become dem voters. Camped ice, cannot detain, cannot detain somebody here illegally at a polling place.
Speaker 2: You can see that.
Speaker 1: At dan Kaplis on X On related notes, my friend, Now, when we come back, I don't have time to do it justice now in the next minute or so we have want to talk about what Pam Bondi, our new Attorney General, thank god, is doing in terms of her legal action against New York for Sanctuary City and sanctuary state. Is that coming to a Colorado near you soon? I'll explain what's really going on, because I think the headlines are misleading. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show Podcastney.
Speaker 2: Who were tifty?
Speaker 1: I think Ryan telling us that his registry will accept cash only. You don't want any plays forks anything like that. Ryan announcing his engagement today to the lovely, talented, and beautifully named Kelsey Currents. Kelsey faith Currents one of the great names ever.
Speaker 4: I figured I was marrying a one hundred percent Irish woman because I had worked with a one Irish man for so long.
Speaker 3: So I is perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is absolutely perfect. And the fact you're going to take her name.
Speaker 2: Is very well of you. I did I did well.
Speaker 1: I referred to myself as Dan spor for many years.
Speaker 4: Well that's the smart move, But for me, it's there's a little bit more on the line, and I don't want to put any pressure on her, but my dad's lineage depends on me because my brother decided not to have kids, and you know, I haven't rolled it out. So if we do have a boy at some point, well he's going to be a legacy in.
Speaker 5: That regard with that name. So there's a lot of pressure on me, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: I think there's more pressure on Kelsey respectually. Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get any detail here, but Kelsey, if you guys had the birds and bees talk yet.
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And my mom and my stepdad, well it's not really my stepdad, but my mom's husband.
Speaker 5: They were I was thirty five when they got married.
Speaker 6: He's not a dad, but they were giving us a hard time about, you know, sharing a bedroom in Arizona when you're visiting and.
Speaker 2: You do hilarious, No, I slept on the couch.
Speaker 1: Holy well, listen, here's the key to this, and I'm sure some folks may want to chime in. Three oh three see three eight two five, five, five, seven seven three nine This business of like people sharing bedrooms? Right, yeah, not a not on my watch? And b oh isn't isn't part of the whole deal to sneaking around totally. I mean, so you got two bad things going on. I think when when the parents just leid people share bedrooms, right, uh huh. First, I don't just personally don't think you should say it, should let them, But then second.
Speaker 2: You deprive them of the ancient art of it is an areaking around. But we're old.
Speaker 5: We are very old.
Speaker 6: Like I think, if I was in my twenties or something, you know, maybe it would be that would be funny.
Speaker 4: But like you know, now, Dan, to be fair, you have revealed many times on this show your story, well, sharing a hotel room with one Amy Spore whilst being engaged.
Speaker 5: I believe same scenario.
Speaker 2: Is the only lie I've ever told on That's.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You were, Yeah, you were live on the radio having Yeah, the ender around that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only live I've ever told on air.
Speaker 1: That fifteen second version of the story is, Yeah, Imy and I were engaged and hotel room's very very expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, out in LA. So we're out in La.
Speaker 1: And then the night before I tell her, Hey, we were out there to play golf together. Right. I had covered Rodney King and on weekends I'd go play this great public golf course, and I wanted her to come out and experience it.
Speaker 2: So we're out there together and I tell her the night.
Speaker 1: Before there's going to be a big earthquake in the morning, and so when the earthquake hits, here's what you do, and then instructed her how to protect herself. So next morning, the earthquake hits, and I'm on air reporting it before they reported it in La by the way, I'm reporting it on KOA and so Mike Rosen of course.
Speaker 2: So I'm on air.
Speaker 1: Continuously until we head down to Granada Hills and then we're reporting live from there. So Mike Rosan on his show then says, well, Dan, what did you do with Amy when the earthquake hit? So I had to make this instant decision. Do I do something I've never done before since and lie to my audience, or do I protect her honor?
Speaker 2: Oh, And the call was easy.
Speaker 1: I've got to protect her honor, and so I just said, well, I went down the hall to her room and made sure she was okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, technically you did check.
Speaker 4: On her to see if she was okay, You just didn't go down the hall.
Speaker 2: At least, I was too.
Speaker 1: Honest about the fact I lied about that to the audience, but I was I had to protect her honor.
Speaker 5: I agree, Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 2: I think she appreciated it very much.
Speaker 5: For your decision, we'd.
Speaker 2: Want anybody to know they shared a room with me and been horrible.
Speaker 1: But no, congratulations guys, and the shared room thing obviously worked out, and though I guess we won't know for another what eight and a half months, four or five A two five five text d A N five seven seventh. Sorry, you guys were talking about legacy and kids and all that a little hot here.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is a fan about to be a bigger family show right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Hey, I wanted to let you know this.
Speaker 1: You'll see all these headlines about Pam BONDI bringing charges against Kathy Hochel New York, et cetera over sanctuary city, and it's a good thing she's acting. But please understand, these are not criminal charges, so it's not a case where you've got to say the mayor or the governor being arrested and thrown in the slammer or anything like that. These are civil charges, which are still serious business. And we'll continue to follow that story and then see if she brings it to Colorado, see if she brings it to Denver. In terms of our latest fun installment of lefty heads exploding, which is going to help conservatives win more and more, let me start.
Speaker 2: With the Democrat congresswoman.
Speaker 1: Democrat congresswoman talking about what they're going to do to Trump, and right, Ryan, yes he did.
Speaker 7: I just I've been told I have thirty seconds, so I am going to tell you that we do have to I don't swear in public very well, but we have to Trump.
Speaker 2: Why not stay to be upper.
Speaker 7: Please please don't tell my children that I just did that.
Speaker 1: But let's dig deeper on that. Okay, that's an elected congressman from Oregon. So why would somebody, Ryan would say, but clown, which is kind of a cool word, a Bryce Harper word, right, But I think it's deeper than that. Why would somebody deeply humiliate themselves and everybody who voted for them by saying that? Because here's what's happening right now. And this phrase was given to me by Craig Sibman when we co hosted the show. You know, throw smart punches, not wild punches. But what's going on right now is is the left that they can feel it, they see it, they sense it, they feel themselves just just going right down the toilet, and they're throwing all these wild punches. And as Trump mounts success after success, the punches get wilder and wilder, which means Trump's going to be more successful and they're going to fail quicker. But that's the spin cycle straight down that they're stuck in right now, and it's a beautiful thing to bold. It's like Bennett and Hickeloper right now coming out and pushing a bill to make it easier for illegal immigrants to vote illegally. You know, a bill that says ice can't touch them in a polling place. You can check it out at dan Kaplis on Twitter. I posted the bill and then if that wasn't enough, this should do it. If there's even one person left in America thinking of voting for a Democrat, this will change that. This is another one of these pop up wild punch protests that the Left is spasmodically doing.
Speaker 2: Now, which side are you? Why side are you all on me? Which side are you on?
Speaker 5: Which side are you on?
Speaker 7: We'll fight against h We'll fight mast no way lanscap within our wels We'll fight from down to dusk.
Speaker 2: This is for so many reasons.
Speaker 1: This is going to be maybe this the most enjoyable stretch of our lives. Politically, I don't think we've lived through truly like a golden moment in America.
Speaker 2: You got Trump doing all this great stuff. He got the Left imploding in
Speaker 1: Front of everybody's eyes, and in a very funny way, when we come back, one of the top five texts of all time