Speaker 1: Happy Thursday. It's an exciting six nine of the Valley's Best mix.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought the young and in the room would have taught me something sid.
Speaker 1: Go learn today?
Speaker 2: So doctors are out saying that you should not microwave your food if you are if they are in plastic containers, and I was like, wait, what that's different?
Speaker 1: And You're like, oh my gosh, Priscilla, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Literally, I've been doing only glass for a while because when you heat up the plastic chemicals come out. But even it's in your food, even if it's like the BPA or whatever, that BBA free is good. Okay, So if it's BBA free, I can. Yes, maybe if you have to have plastic, I think glass or like dishes are better. Who would have known? But that being said, you know, I'll preach to you. But then I still do have my Taylor Swift cup from the movie that I still drink. I mean, I know you're not heating that up, but that's still plastic. But yeah, you're not supposed to heat up plastic in the microwave. Bad for you. Chemical.
Speaker 2: Look at who would have thought you would have been point in your life where you've given environmentally friendly advice.
Speaker 1: Let's remember this everybody. It's mixed ninety six nine the Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 2: Priscilla Here, we're gonna have your chance to go to our iHeartRadio Music Festival around nine twenty five, plus your tickets to the Phoenix Mercury around seven to ten. But I want to know who these Americans are because I just read that most Americans need two hundred thousand dollars in liquid cash, like actual money in your bank account that you can pull out at any time in order to feel happy.
Speaker 1: Well, one who has that kind of money? And two you.
Speaker 2: Should probably reevaluate the level of happiness that is attached to money.
Speaker 1: But we have Sarah and Anthem on the phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sarah, I'm gonna ask you a personal question, but how much money do you need in your bank account in order to feel happiness?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm so simple, like between anything between ten to fifty thousand, just that way, like for emergencies or you know, whatever I need. I feel like that's content because I'm pretty pretty good with finances.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like, you're like, I'm just so simple.
Speaker 2: I just need fifty k to be able to pull out of my bank account right then.
Speaker 3: That's like, I don't think I feel like anything more is just insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: I was like, I just need enough for a sweet treat and I'm fine, I'm happy, I'm content. Happy Thursday, It's mixed ninety six ' nine.
Speaker 1: The Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 2: Priscilla here and said, don't elevators make the most awkward situation so awkward?
Speaker 1: And I feel like this happens to me every morning. Well, maybe you can let me know what you do. Okay, So I'll be running in the door, uh huh, And then you get up to the elevator, and usually early in the morning, you catch one right away. Yeah, someone else is coming in the door behind me. Do you hold the elevator for them, because it's that awkward space where you could but I also could make it upstairs before they even get to the door. It depends on who.
Speaker 2: It is, because like, yeah, if you're someone I like in the building, I'll hold it for you. But if you're someone that I either don't know or I just am not interested in riding up the elevator with the oh.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, sorry, try to hold it.
Speaker 2: Oh oh have you ever done it when you say something well, oh sorry, yeah, Like as the door closes and you see them walk up, you're like, I tried and you didn't.
Speaker 1: Extra I didn't try it all. I actually know who the person was today, so I assume they work at the bank or somewhere downstairs. I think elevators in general are uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Like you are literally in a little cube next to a human being and no one talks, like.
Speaker 1: Early in the morning. That's awkward.
Speaker 2: I'm I also don't understand how people walk up and down a hall and see each other and don't say hello.
Speaker 1: That was my next question. Do you say something to a stranger in the elevator if it's silent?
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny is I'll do a little smirk like my good morning. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't talk, and normally I am a like a hi are you.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to everybody up and down the hall. I just elevators in general are awkward.
Speaker 1: So I think I'm gonna start taking the stairs.
Speaker 2: Okay, That's what I'm gonna do. Okay, don't forget those Phoenix Mercury tickets coming up after seven to ten right here on This situation in Mexico is what nightmares are made out of.
Speaker 1: Terrifying, it's so scary.
Speaker 2: It's mixed ninety six ' nine the Valley's Best mixed Priscilla here.
Speaker 1: So sid uh.
Speaker 2: There is a video that has surfaced showing amusement park goers at six Flags in Mexico, and they went on the big you know, we're a thing where it lists you all the way to the top and then it spins you like kind of like swings right. Yes, yes, well it goes so far far up because it's a thrill ride, two hundred and fifty feet up in the sky, and this one ended up getting stuck during a storm, like a rainstorm. Listen to the video. This person put up, Oh my god, you're two hundred and fifty feet in the air.
Speaker 1: It's doubt a winch.
Speaker 2: I no, I mean literal nightmares. That's what nightmares are made out of. And first of all, I'm not to make light of a situation. Everyone's fine for that, but like you're watching this video and the roller coaster below it, like a hundred people below it, it's still rolling, and I'm like, these people think they're gonna die and people one hundred feet below.
Speaker 1: Are having the time of their life. They're like, listen, we waited forty minutes to go on this roller coaster. I don't care if there's a little drizzle, you guys will be fine.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, why did anyone let anyone up that high in the sky when there's like weather issues.
Speaker 1: See, I used to be all for all the roller coasters, all the thriller rides.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you are never I don't like any thrill rides. Like, if you told me right now you have to go skydiving or we're going to fire you, Like I'm looking for a new job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not into it anymore. I think it's because I'm gonna be a mom and I'm just like nope, for me, it's just because I'm a scaredy cat of everything. Okay, on the way, by the way, if you.
Speaker 2: Want to see this video, it is nuts, So we'll put it up on our Instagram at Mix ninety six y nine FM. But on the way, we have your tickets to the Phoenix Mercury with What's Trending right here on Mix.
Speaker 1: Good morning, it.
Speaker 2: Is time for What's Trending brought to you by Hilo Vert Resorts and Casinos.
Speaker 1: I am Priscilla and first on the list.
Speaker 2: If you remember playing slug bug with your family, well there is a new game to replace it called dumpster Fire, and it has to do with Tesla cyber trucks.
Speaker 1: So if you see a cyber truck running around.
Speaker 2: The city, just punch playfully, I will say, playfully, punch the person next to you and yell out dumpster Fire. Cigarette smoking among US adults falls to an all time low.
Speaker 1: It says that only eleven.
Speaker 2: Percent reported to have smoked recently and just six percent of people under the age of thirty are smoking cigarettes. But the bad news about that is that they have replaced it with vaping, and according to this study, is vaping people under the age of thirty. Thirty four percent of people under thirty are vaping or have vaped in the last thirty days, which, guys, it doesn't replace. One's not better than the other. Just because you're not smoking now you're vaping, don't do either. Apple is expected to unveil a new iPhone sixteen at their September event. You can watch the event called It's Glow Time on Apple TV at seven pm a Z time. But I wonder what glow time means, Like there has to be a night feature that's going to be implemented that's going to be significantly different.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to check that out.
Speaker 2: And this gentleman in Goodyear, the HOA is finding him for providing free water to neighbors.
Speaker 1: So here's kind of what's going on.
Speaker 2: David Martin offers free water from a stand outside his house for neighbors and delivery drivers as kind.
Speaker 1: Of like a nice gesture.
Speaker 2: But the HOA is finding him for storing that water cooler and plane view and increasing fines are continuing because he's not paying them, and despite the fines, he's going to keep passing out water. So here's what I think. Not that it matters because I have nothing to do with an HOA. I think that giving people water and doing good gestures for your neighbors are incredible, and I think that what he's doing is awesome. But I'm also a rule follower, and it's like, why can't you just store the water cooler in your garage to avoid all of it, Like there's a reason they don't want unsightly things in plain view.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Just saying. But at the end of the day, David Martin, you're awesome for doing good things for your neighbors. All right, let's do this.
Speaker 2: If you want to go to the Phoenix Mercury Game, give us a call right now. Six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six ' nine. That's Coldplay on Mix ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix. They're gonna be at our iHeartRadio Music Festival next month, which is in like two days, is next month. You get your tickets at axs dot com or enter for your chance to win at nine to twenty five this morning. But right now it is time to play American Aidol and we have Kimberly on the phone in Phoenix. Good morning, Kimberly, Good morning, Kimberly.
Speaker 1: Are you there? Oh good morning?
Speaker 3: Are you good morning?
Speaker 2: It's okay, all right, So these this's how you're gonna play. We're gonna have AI sing a very popular song that we play right here.
Speaker 1: I'll mix ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: You gotta guess what song and artists the AI is singing.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, so here we go. What song is Ai singing.
Speaker 4: All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true. In the games you play, you would always win, always win. But I set fire to the rain. Watched it poor as I touched your face. Well, it burned while I cried because I heard it screaming out your name.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kimberly, what song is Ai singing?
Speaker 2: Adele?
Speaker 3: I set fire to the rain?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You have got What do you mean you should have got that? You did?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: All right, thanks so much for playing.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go to of course, you're going to Phoenix Mercury game.
Speaker 1: Hang tight, all right on the SID.
Speaker 2: According to a reliable news source aka my husband, there is a wildly dangerous animal that's making its way to the US.
Speaker 1: That is not naturally known to be here. Oh, we need to let the people know.
Speaker 2: We need to let the people know because it is going to affect Arizona directly.
Speaker 1: So stay tuned.
Speaker 2: We'll talk that, and we'll talk about that in a couple of songs by You're Eryl Grow Good Morning.
Speaker 1: It's mixed ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mixed.
Speaker 2: Priscilla here, So Sid, you know how little boys get obsessed with like dinosaurs and trucks, and just like sports, hyper fixate on thing, hyperfixation that does not go away when they turn into grown men. And explain my husband, who is in his mid thirties.
Speaker 1: Yesterday he decides to drop this.
Speaker 2: Major bomb on me and a group of friends that we have jaguars in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Told me about this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, the way most no cars talking about the animal, and he's like, do you know how many jaguars in the United States of America?
Speaker 1: And he's like four.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many jaguars are in Arizona?
Speaker 1: Four? So guess what state is day de.
Speaker 2: Dealing with the jaguars Arizona and then the drama of it all the way he's telling it, and I'm like, I know. I'm like, okay, what's the big deal. He's like, you don't get it. Jaguars are not natural to the United States. They came from they walked over here from Southern America, South America.
Speaker 1: I'm like, they walked on over.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, and they're procreating and we're gonna and I was like, wait what And then he starts going into the details about how dangerous I don't really know, because I'm not a boy and I don't hyperfixate on things. And so he's going into all these facts about how jaguars are so dangerous for humans, and he's like, you know, you know what, when by the time you know that there's a jaguar gone, it's already over for you.
Speaker 1: Why would they stop in there Arizona?
Speaker 2: And then he's like, you know how they get you. They unhinged their jaw and they get you in the back of the head. Like, oh my god, I know he's like going in right, And so I do start panicking.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my gosh, I got to let people know. Is this a thing?
Speaker 2: Like I start googling. He's like, I mean, you might want to fact check that, but I was like, wait, you don't even know if it's real some that it's making stuff. Well, so then me and my friends start fact checking it and listen, there are jaguars spottings here in Arizona.
Speaker 1: But the thing is is like it's conflicting stuff.
Speaker 2: Like they're saying that it's all males, so they're not gonna guys.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good, you need a female to make more jaguars.
Speaker 2: And then they're saying that. Some are saying that there's eight. Some are saying that there's like two. Some are saying that they're trying to move them to come. What is it conservation properties? Yeah, see, I don't buy that they just walked here on their own. I could see someone maybe illegally purchasing a baby jaguar.
Speaker 1: And bring here.
Speaker 2: I don't know. See, I don't know how jaguars bottings work. I don't know how jaguars make their.
Speaker 1: Way to I'll believe it when I see it.
Speaker 2: You're just gonna see a stray jaguar walking down the street on Van Buren.
Speaker 1: Well, probably not all.
Speaker 2: Right on the way, we have our hot topic and the unpopular opinions that are going viral right now.
Speaker 1: We'll do that in two songs on mix You See Me. It's mixed ninety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Priscilla Here.
Speaker 2: It is time for our hot topic, and today's hot topic is unpopular opinions.
Speaker 1: I have a weird opinion about babies. I think it's weird. They can't walk right out of the room like every other animal in the world. Is not a big deal. I don't believe in secret keeping.
Speaker 2: I really don't think that Beyonce is that great.
Speaker 1: Dating apps are awful when they have made dating worse. It leads us into thinking now all the time that there's always going to be someone better. Any man that's in the military is trustworthy. Ron Reynolds is not that attractive.
Speaker 2: Any of the divas of music today are not very good.
Speaker 1: Wow, I hate Taylor's left. The Red Hot Chili Peppers are garbage.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely unpopular opinions, so shocking some of those. I'll go ahead and rip the band aid off and go first with my unpopular opinion.
Speaker 1: I don't like puppies. What okay, hear me out. I don't even like dogs, and I like puppies.
Speaker 2: So puppies are very cute to look out and maybe look at and snuggle for like five minutes.
Speaker 1: But puppies are a lot of work.
Speaker 2: They're almost as bad as a newborn, and honestly, it's worse because a baby is a baby.
Speaker 1: They're cute, but it's like they bite.
Speaker 2: Everything, They chew everything. You gotta train them. They yelp and whine all night in a crate. It's just it's a lot of work and a lot of stress, Like, give me a dog when it's like a year old and I'll be happy.
Speaker 1: I get that. I don't want any of that mess. What's your unpopular opinion? Said? I think Sex and the City thinks I do not like it?
Speaker 2: Are you? Okay?
Speaker 1: I thought I thought it would love it. I mean, it's fine to have on in the background, but drives me nuts, like Carrie is a nightmare. Okay.
Speaker 2: I will say that is a very popular opinion. She is considered like a whiny brag.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I know what the show is called, and I know the premise, but I didn't think that the whole time. It was just gonna be about these ladies and their relationships and their rendezvous across the city. And you're like, wrap it up, ladies, let's call it an a. And then I was asking my husband like, how is this on TV? He goes, yeah, it wasn't. It was HBO. Yeah, so I figure out a lout, uh huh.
Speaker 2: I just it's not your I thought I was gonna love it, Okay, I don't.
Speaker 1: That is very unpopular.
Speaker 2: If you have an unpopular opinion, you want to ruffle some feathers this morning, give us a call. Six o two two six oh oh nine six ' nine at six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine Happy Thursday. It's mixed ninety six nine the Valley's Best mixed. Priscilla here in the middle of our hot topic, and the question is, what is your unpopular opinion? You know, the one that like makes people gasp, the one that ruffles feathers. Well, we have Andrea and Phoenix on the phone. Andre, what's your unpopular opinion?
Speaker 3: I think a hot dog is a sandwich?
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you figure?
Speaker 2: All right? Think about it.
Speaker 3: Have you ever gotten a cheap you know, like a cheap bun.
Speaker 2: From like a like a Kroger.
Speaker 1: Yes, just put a hot dog in it.
Speaker 2: Eventually that one's gonna tear, you know.
Speaker 3: So now you have two buns, the meat in the middle and some condiments. Think about it.
Speaker 2: You have a doubt, I guess, but I think the shape of the meat is what throws me off.
Speaker 1: Thanks for that, Andrea.
Speaker 2: All right, So we asked this question on our Instagram as well, and May in Mesa says kid centric vacations should be banned.
Speaker 1: Whoo, that's an interesting take.
Speaker 2: Also, we have Jerry in Apache Junction and he says more people should sleep in separate beds from their partners. Now I can get down with that a little bit. I get it, Like sleeping habits are very different if you're married.
Speaker 1: All right, If you have.
Speaker 2: An unpopular opinion that you'd like to share with us, give us a call six O two two six oh oh nine six nine a voice like Butta that's Teddy swimsone mixed eighty six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Your tickets to train are coming up around nine point fifteen this morning, But I want to talk about TV and the shows you're currently obsessed with, Sarah.
Speaker 1: What is the show that you are in love with right now? Oh, Jane the Virgin. Oh is this your first time watching it or are you rewatching it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, it's my first time watching it and now it's gonna be off Netflix soon. Oh. Oh, Sid, have you watched Jane the Virgin. I've never seen it?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Jane the Virgin. You know justin Baldini from It Ends with Us. That's where he got his start.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. I was wondering what else he's been in. Oh, he plays Rafael.
Speaker 2: Oh, and that's probably why I love him so much because you just cannot not love Raphael and Jane the Virgin. Yeah, here's what I think, because I think you would like Jane the Virgin the way you thought you would like Sex and the City. Really, yes, it is so good, very telenovela but in English obviously.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it has the most ridiculous fun scandals. Okay, I could get into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not too serious, not too serious, but serious enough where so it's really funny, but also like there's very sentimental moments but then very relatable.
Speaker 1: You'll love it actually feel good. Are there a lot of seasons?
Speaker 2: There's like six or seven I know, so yes, but it's really good. Something else that I watched yesterday it's called The Accident on Netflix. It rocked my world, it is, and it's so I say this very seriously, but it is so silly how they're able to make an entire series about a birthday party, an eight year old's birthday party with a bounce house.
Speaker 1: And it seemed like it really affected you.
Speaker 2: So I think it's because like I'm living that life right now. Yes, But what happened is the accident quote unquote, is all these friends are at a kid's birthday party with the kids, and the kids are in the bounce house and the bounce house flies.
Speaker 1: Away with the kids in it, which we've seen in the news.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so the premise of the show is to figure out whose fault it was for the bounce house that flew away.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, but these.
Speaker 2: Like people are getting so angry and you know, vengeful against it and all that stuff. Me personally, I'd be like, I don't want to waste the energy on finding out who forgot to stake down the bounce house like it was an accident. But no, that's the drama's and they do a good job of it. But I was crying yesterday because it like really resonated. I don't know, it's so good. Check it out the accident on Netflix. Are you watching anything other than Sex and the City. I just watched Lucky Logan. It came out in twenty seventeen. But it's Channing Tatum an Adam driver. Okay, what is it about?
Speaker 1: He was like this big college football star but he got injured. They're in West Virginia. He's like a single dad divorce. Channing Tatum is yeah, okay, I'm those cute little girl she's like Toddler's and Tiara's and he's this rough and tough. He works in the oil fields whatever or mine actually, but anyway, he gets fired and then he comes up with this plan to do a bank heist. Oh my god, it's like this hillbilly bank heist movie. But it's so funny and chanting. Tatum just cracks me up. And he's got this like thick Southern accent. What's it called logan Lucky? Okay? On Netflix? Yes, all right, I'll have to check that out.
Speaker 2: I've I've been loving watching shows while I'm doing chores around the house.
Speaker 1: I was cracking up crying.
Speaker 2: All right, check those movies out or I'm sorry those shows out on Netflix. Will put up the full list on Instagram as well. At Mix ninety six nine FM, Good morning, It's Mike ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix, kicking off commercial free music. Priscilla here and Sid. I just read that forty four percent of gen z ers, which are the age of twelve through twenty seven, would rather clean a toilet than go on an online date where they meet someone online. Right, And it's funny because the survey is meant to be like, oh, dating is so bad that kids would rather clean a toilet, right, But the way I read it is like.
Speaker 1: What how bad are you clean? How bad is it to clean a toilet? Like what, I'm like, that's the worst thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, the everyday normal hygiene is like so devastating to you.
Speaker 1: When I think about it, I'm like, cleaning a toilet, I'll take you a couple of minutes. Yeah, going on a date is a whole ordeal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well maybe that's why they're saying they would rather clean a toilet. You know, it's nice, But at the end of the day, it's like, it's not worse to clean a toilet than go on a date. And I'm not throw something in there, like I rather, you know, clean out a whole city dumpster than go on a date.
Speaker 1: Then that's different. Yeah, I mean I get it. I did not like online dating when I was single.
Speaker 2: I will say that a lot of generations feel that way because my older my one of my friends, she's a gen xer, and she said online dating right now is a disaster.
Speaker 1: Is descable. But then the one that I went on that my husband, So it's like, you never know, I almost didn't go, well, it's so funny too, because I tell her all to us. You just give it a try.
Speaker 2: Give them your friend that's been in a relationship for ten years. I know we can't say anything but true, you really never know to meet the person. So at the end of the day, cleaning a toilet is not bad enough to skip out on a date. Guys. Okay, it's the Valley's Best Mix Mix ninety six y nine Priscilla here. So, sid thrifting is part of your identity absolutely, And not only do you love finding fun things at thrift stores, you love the good stories that come from them.
Speaker 1: So sweet. So this couple on Instagram they found this shot glass and it said John and Lorraine married like twenty sixteen on June twenty fifth, and so they started this tradition where every year on June twenty fifth they take a shot and they put it to social media and they're like, cheers to John and Lorraine. Well the internet found them and Loraine and Lorraine Yes, Lorraine is like, we're still together eight years strong. And then she goes up this where it it gets to be a little bunch like I think it's a sweet story, uh huh, And she'd have been like, oh, no, we follow each other and I know the person. I can put a face to the name. She sends her koozies from the wedding, a card from the wedding and a picture of them, like a physical picture. See that's where where you lose me. I don't need more junk.
Speaker 2: I already think thrifting is I have the Honestly, if you want to circle back to unpopular opinion, I just thrifting.
Speaker 1: I can't get down with it. It not into It gives me the hev GB sometimes.
Speaker 2: So the fact that she's like, hey, here are the shotglasses and more memorabilia, it's a no for me.
Speaker 1: Dog, Yeah they have another color now, so now they toast I made each year. Listen, maybe it's a fun tradition.
Speaker 2: If you want to see the video, we have it up on our Instagram stories at Mixed ninety six nine f