Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is Wednesday, July second, twelve thirty four AM one two three four. Let's go, baby, Let's go. Tim needs a pep talk because this guy is like falling asleep. He has no energy. It is the eve of the WSP main event. Brother, let's go. Come on, Come on, the Big Dance is less than twelve hours away. Come on. Even if you've been beaten and battered and your energy has been sucked out of you, and we've been doing this for thirty five days or however long it is, then you just need to step it up. Okay, you just absolutely need to step it up, because it is now time. It is time to do this. Talk to me. Let's go talk to me.
Speaker 2: I'm just sick of you. It's been a long day side by sye with you. I've had enough. I think I'm done.
Speaker 1: This might be outside by side with me. If anyone should be sick of anyone, I should be sick of you.
Speaker 3: Why would you be sick of me?
Speaker 1: All I do is because today today, as I foreshadowed yesterday, we should be prepared to put the Danie on the ground New Final Table on a live stream, which we ultimately did.
Speaker 3: And who got that there?
Speaker 1: Yes you did. Yeah, okay, you did it. Okay, but listen. But I was like, I was like an NBA player finding out I just got traded via Twitter. Because I looked on social media at whatever time. It was five thirty eight pm. I see a tweet from Kevin Mathers shout out keV math saying that we're streaming and I'm doing commentary with you. No one had told me, and the commentary, by the way, was starting in seven minutes. Oh yeah, okay, oh yeah, Like you don't think that maybe I would want to get an email out, some social media all that sort.
Speaker 3: Of stuff together.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Getting the cameras on, No, you got getting plan.
Speaker 1: You got a plan to tell the people and everything.
Speaker 3: It would have already been templated out.
Speaker 1: This is ridiculous. No, no, don't ever say no, because you have to prepare for this sort of stuff. You're lucky I was able to pull together. But it's absolutely ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Come on, But I'm happy we did it. Anyway, same even the minimum. This guy needs to get his energy out. There's absolutely go drink a freaking coke zero or whatever the heck that is that you drink all the time, and let's rock and roll. On this episode, we are going to preview the w s OP main event. We're also going to talk about everything that happened today at the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker, or yesterday, i should say, because you guys are going to be listening to it, listening to this on Wednesday, July second, but we're talking about Tuesday, July first. We've got Michael Wang winning the ten KPLO. We got Aaron Coopan winning his first WSFP gold bracelet. There's an eight hundred and fifty k first place prize over in the mini main event. The ten k stud High Low is about one hundred hundred fifty feet from us in the money they are playing down. Mister Phil Helmeyth is still in that one one hunter k plo kicked off today. The six hundred dollars Poker News Deep Stack kicked off today. So let's go, baby, let's it's time. We got we got two weeks left and it's the best two weeks of the year. Okay, best two weeks of the year, bar none.
Speaker 2: In pier, best two weeks of the World Series, not the year. Oh dude, come.
Speaker 1: On in poker, in in the poker year. Name of better two weeks? Please go ahead, come up with some ridiculous list of like three three better years or three better two weeks in the poker year.
Speaker 3: I got you. The week of PGT lost that. Stop.
Speaker 1: Come on, no, stop, stop stop, you lose all credibility.
Speaker 3: First week is better than I think.
Speaker 2: The first week of the World Series is pretty good, like because you've just been waiting.
Speaker 1: About ten months, Like, yes, I agree, I agree, it's pretty good. It's not the main event. Okay, it is not the main event like.
Speaker 3: I think this week in the first week.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I feel like you if if we all had like little meters right next to our head, okay, and it was a credibility.
Speaker 3: Was animated by producer Rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fine, it's a credibility meter. Yours is just constantly going down with all this nonsense that you say, like yesterday when you said, oh, well we need James Obs to join Dana and no we don't.
Speaker 3: We go.
Speaker 2: And five I'm pretty sure, I said Jeff Madison and Macao Johnson yesterday. Okay, two of those.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. You could have put Dan on a on you at a table with five dogs playing poker and end of story. We're streaming it like it's.
Speaker 3: No, it's it presented by Apollo and Rockie.
Speaker 1: Sure, why not? If you're if you're listening to the Poker Go podcast, make sure to favorite the show, follow it, like it. Whatever you got to do, leave our review as well. It does help us grow. If you do leave a review, take a screenshot of that review, send it on into podcasts at pokergow dot com and we might read it on the air. And if you're watching on YouTube, Hello, Hello, Like subscribe and drop a comment. Tell us where you're watching from, tell us why you're watching, who you're railing. Give us some thoughts on the WSB Main Event. This is the WSB Main Event preview show. Okay, so what do you think? What do you what do you think? On the wsbnim at Field size? Who do you think is gonna run deep? All the stuff that Tim and I are going to talk about? You guys, please drop your messages in the comments section. Or you can also just email them to us if you got some thoughts and he want us to hear him. We love to hear from the listeners. Play poker Go. You want to do the read just kidding it, I'm just kidding. We will have to talk about Oh my god, Tim Duckworth though. Oh yes, if you love poker but you don't want to spend a dime, check out play poker go dot com. It's free to play. It is super easy to jump into. They have ring games, they have tournaments, and they have sit and goes. Play poker go dot com or you can download it on iOS or Android. Tim and I hopped into the free roll today. They have a free roll, a one million gold free roll every hour on the half hour. We were in the seven thirty PM one here in Vegas. We both bombed out pretty early, but it was good to get in there with more than five hundred of you guys out there. One player who changed his name or signed up and made the name OMG Tim Duckworth. Yea so like OMG klay Aiken, this is OMG Tim Duckworth. And he got second.
Speaker 3: He got seid and out of five hundred and forty three entrance.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I want to. I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: First sean day and now this guy will like, I'm gonna have to trade my name, this guy like this is just unbelievable. Are they just leveraging my name success? I don't get a cut. Where's mine?
Speaker 3: Do I get a cut of these hundred thousand?
Speaker 1: That's how That's how you know you've made it Somewhere in life? You got people impersonating you. Okay, now about you.
Speaker 2: Don't forget the stuff your Jesss and Andrea that impersonated us.
Speaker 3: There's three people that's impersonated me this world series.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And I've got nothing to show.
Speaker 1: Well, we have some we have some red flags to raise about Andrea. Okay, did she not join you at the meetup game or the mixed game yesterday? And she was just sitting there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like anyone that sits there and watches poker. I just massive red flag, just red red flag all day. Can we put a red flag animation?
Speaker 3: What do you wait for? Red flag?
Speaker 2: Just bringing me food? Because she went to eat, she had left as I said, I'll take him. And then I was trying to convince it a play. I thought, you know, get some soft money in here, and then she just stayed. A friend of hers, Kirk Brown, sat down there. So I'm just chatting learning. They were learning about the games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just messing around.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: Either way, I still want to their success on leveraging off my name unaccepted.
Speaker 1: Well, this is why, speaking of Andrea, you need to trademark your name.
Speaker 3: I think I need to spend the If you.
Speaker 1: Trademark your name, then then some of this stuff gets alldiated and you can take legal action, right, so Sean Deep exactly exactly, man, see this is why, Yeah, this is this is why.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll go to do.
Speaker 1: Its main event preview. Let's go baby. Last year record setting field of ten thousand, one hundred and twelve entries that topped the record from a year prior when they had ten thousand and forty three entries. So just absolutely incredible stuff. In twenty twenty three, it was Daniel Weinman winning it all. Last year it was Jonathan Tomayo winning it all. So the field has been massive, shout out masks more than ten thousand entries. I'm starting to think ten thousand entries is the floor for sure for this year, if not going forward for the future. I just feel like we've gotten over the hump. I like the fact that we've now gone back to back years not only over ten K, but an increase year over year. And I think all signs this year are pointing to another incredible turnout for Poker's biggest, richest, most storied tournament. And there are some early indicators that I want to hit on, or at least the things that I think are indicators, and you can tell me if you agree or not. And then of course you at home, you can you know, yell into your phone, or you can drop it in the comments or whatever. Number one total WSP entries, according to poker fuse dot com and mainly Unwshar, who has been tracking this all summer long, are up seven percent or right around seven percent, which is very good. And I think I mentioned this on the last episode, but I was talking to Lance Bradley, you know, we kind of both agreed on the WSP plus app is a great benefit to players, yea. It really helps things in terms of efficiency. It allows for a few more payment options, which you know, we both agreed that having credit cards, having paypalace options that is just super easy and probably allows some people to get in you know a little bit better. And also I think overall it's been a better experience with the app. Better experience equals greater loyalty. Greater loyalty can equal more players, you know. So like I think, if you you know, it's not a small it's not a big number, right, Sorry, it's not a big number, but it's still a small number, and everything adds up. Like you get a couple of players, maybe they're just kind of turned off the experience, they leave, they go home, whatever. But if you don't have that, if you have raised your level of experience, then you know, everyone's just kind of like, Yeah, I'm gonna stick around, I'm gonna fire more, I'm gonna do all that sort of stuff. Also on Poke Refuse, I'm just gonna read what they wrote as it pertains to the satellites again. This is from poke Refuse dot com. A news Aurora had this in an article. Ggpoker, the exclusive satellite partner for Wissippi, once again ran its Road to Vegas satellite campaign, which is now in its fifth year. They awarded exactly nine hundred main event packages. They were eight hundred and sixty eight via ggpoker dot Com and then thirty two through GG poker Ontario. In addition, Club Gigi, which is GG Poker's subscription and sweepstakes platform, qualified one hundred and one players and there were one hundred and fifty eight direct buy ins through the ggpoker dot Com client. That brings the potential total to eleven hundred and fifty nine entries via ggpoker pannels. And then they write roughly on par with last year's figure of eleven hundred and twenty four I would, I'll say, up from last year's number of eleven hundred and twenty four, right, not of a ton, but still up a little bit there. That's very good. Something that was pointed out by our friend Matt Clark. The Win Summer Classic ten k event is up almost one hundred entries year over year, up ninety seven entries, which is six point seven percent year over year. So it is interesting also to see that that six point seven percent is close to the seven percent that the entries are up at the WSP total, right, So those numbers seem to be kind of kind of tracking. So let's just say we get a seven percent increase on the WITP main event field size that's going to be around seven hundred players, so you'll get us up to ten thy eight hundred, ten eight hundred and fifty something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of half joke the other day that eleven thousand is in play, and I might say it on this podcas, and I'm starting to lean that I'm just gonna say it because I very much think eleven thousand is in play, which is absolutely freaking ridiculous. Do you agree? Do you like?
Speaker 3: Do you do you agree with some of those points? Okay, I think the win.
Speaker 2: I think the win Summer Classic is a good indication of potential uptick for the main event. Obviously, the satellite program we always discuss it and harp on the fact that the more you promote the satellite players and the satellite numbers, the more it encourages people you know that weren't were on the fans to come and play, and they're the ones you really need to get over the numbers, Like you don't need to convince Daniel Nogrando to jump in the main event, but you need to convince me, well, you know, players that are on the fans. You know, it's a big chunk of money, et cetera. The WSP plus app and that performing great. I don't think changes that much. But the ease of the credit card and the PayPal I think is more than the WSP plus up in itself. I'm going to disagree a little bit with the numbers. The worst w has to be entries being up seven percent. And the reason I say that is is that number little fake. And when I say that, I mean we've added all these flights, So of course the numbers are going to go up because we're added I think a title of six flights.
Speaker 1: It's not necessarily Cosss was down right.
Speaker 2: If we I'm talking, we've got months a stack, we've got Mini main event, we got mistery millions. I would rather see and look, we may not have this number, No one may have this number. I forget this number. I'd rather see a comparison of uniques pre event.
Speaker 1: Which shut out to a news. He made this exact point in the article on poker fuse dot com talking about the uniques, talking about how there's more flights in those events. My counter to that counter would be that there's a chance you get more people cashing, more people with some extra money, more people than parlaying into the main ogree like that. At least that's the hope, right.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying that the numbers being up is bad. I'm just saying that I don't want to read too much into it. Yeah, because of the extra flights and you know, especially with some of the articles of saying, you know, we're two weeks in the World Series, you're on your numbers up. Well, when you move a big event early, it changes, you know, like there's so much to do with schedule manipulation to affect that that you know, you we're up seven percent, but by the end of the summer we might be up only one percent. You know, the back half may you know, may fall off. So you just have to use that data with just you know, just take a little bit of hesitation before being all in on it.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, I don't disagree with that stuff. I'm I'm just trying to, you know, kind of put this in a positive light and say, these are the factors that are pointing to the growth. I totally understand the other side. I still do very much. Think ten thousand is the floor. I think it's going to get over ten thousand, yes, and then it's just how much it's going to get over. I was also talking to Kevin Mathers, as I mentioned earlier today. He was saying that I think today there was a satellite that was giving out seventy four seats. Yeah, which, yeah, which seems I think it was one of the landmarks which got it.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: I think is really good this early because usually they get much bigger as you get closer to you day one D So.
Speaker 2: The seats the two twenty five seas scrambles gave more than twenty five seats, Yeah, today's just thirty two, I believe, plus obviously some cash and stuf.
Speaker 3: So that's a great sign as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're probably at let's call it fifteen hundred right now, you know, so I think things are pretty good.
Speaker 3: You could probably look and see how many already registered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I guess we could see how many there were last year, right.
Speaker 2: So one A, we have two hundred and eighty five to stop. That will probably if previous years or any indication we're probably going to be around, you know, anywhere between eight hundred to one thousand players on Day one A. You know, Day one B. Obviously, this is a very early one hundred and thirty six players. Day one C seventy two players. Day one D already one hundred and seventy players. And I don't know if Day two you can enter yet, but you actually can't, mean.
Speaker 1: You should be able to ride. So last year on one A they had nine to fifteen correct, Okay, so I mean obviously, let's see, I don't remember exactly what would day of the week this all fell on last year. Did it start on July fourth last year?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Or did it start on July third? And then one B was July fourth?
Speaker 2: I believe one If my duck is correct, I think one B is July fourth.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious how because July fourth this year is Friday. That's one C. So I'm just curious if that affects anything. That's that's the day I'm playing on plane.
Speaker 2: But like, yeah, you know, I would always make July fourth one day if I was one D.
Speaker 1: Yep, why is that you want to push people to other flights?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one day's always to be I'm going to read out the NY is always a biggest for sure. Okay, nine to fifteen Day one A, eight thirty one, Day one B, twenty five hundred, Day one C, five thousand, Day one D. I want to move some of those five thousand to the early flights. The other option you can do is make you know, Day two D July fourth, so that really it gives you then, okay, three flights to choose from.
Speaker 3: If you want to do that in all WSP.
Speaker 1: Years, then you're starting the main event like they would.
Speaker 3: Never do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying, like, you know, for all the World Series going back to two thousand and eight, the largest flight has always been the last flight. Yeah, okay, the smallest flight has had some changes. It's been one A, it's been one B. Last year was one B year before one A before that one B, So that kind of has flipped up around. It's majority, it's predominantly sorry, Day one A. So you take that data and you're like, Okay, I've got nine hundred players on one A and I got five thousand players on one D. What can we do to get some of those players there? Because we think about the restarts, you know that Day two DE restart is a big, a big field compared to you know, the day to ABC or two AB restarts that we've done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess that that makes some sense. Yeah, So I'm curious how things all shake out. Obviously, we're going to be paying attention to the number on Wednesday. I'll be interested to see one if it does surpass last year's nine to fifteen on one A, and then two I think it will, and then two if it gets up over one thousand, I think that would be.
Speaker 3: I say it does pass.
Speaker 2: And the main reason I'm saying that is we have you know, we have the big thirty five hundred at area that's much earlier. Sorry, it was much earlier last year, So that's now basically overlapping the main event. We have a big event kicking off at MGM, We've got the tail end of the win event. So I would say that I'm going to be all in on one A being the smallest flight, and I'm probably smaller than last year. And I think when we are recording this part tomorrow that people are going to be like, oh, main event numbers could be.
Speaker 1: Down, yeah, right right, and then Day one B is gonna have fifty hundreds.
Speaker 2: Then we're going to kick it back up on one B, and I, like I said, there is some other you have to always think of what else is happening, And it's hard to like look in the past. Like if I ask you right now what was happening on one A last year, you'd be like, I don't know right But right now I can tell you what's happening. And I think we will potentially have a smaller one A just because hey, that's how the that's how the schedule falls, how the cookie crumbles.
Speaker 3: And that's fine.
Speaker 2: If if tomorrow is eight hundred players, I don't think we need to get We don't need to panic and worry that, you know, we're only going to get nine thousand or something. It's just the way the schedule is, and it will get. It will pick all up back on one B, one C, one D.
Speaker 3: Essential.
Speaker 1: Who are some players that are heating up just in time for the main event? I wrote a bunch down.
Speaker 3: Yeah I love them all.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's go through the list that I wrote down. Thomas Boyven, a couple of very very big final tables, hunter K high Roller and the two und and fifty K high Roller. So you know, in terms of heating up. He's been heating up this summer, and maybe we're going to see a deep run from one of the most thoughtful and you know, excellent players in the game. Alex Foxen just foul table the ten KPLO. I know it's PLO, but I feel like Foxton is due for a deep run in the WSP main events, and it would be kind of fitting that he would do it the year after Kristen Foxen did it.
Speaker 3: Like that would be cool as well. She can teach him a few things real quick.
Speaker 2: On Alex, we spoke yesterday about the multi tabling YEP, and we said we should ask was a plan?
Speaker 3: Was it an accident?
Speaker 2: I asked him today during a break in the ten k before he was eliminated in seventh place.
Speaker 3: He said it was planned.
Speaker 2: He felt like, you know, the only way it would be a problem was if he basically final tabled the ten KPLO. So you know, hebviously he took a risk with a bit of high variance and probably a good position to being. But yeah, that was planned scheduling from uh mister fox Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just you know, being around here all summer long, I feel like we're constantly seeing Alex Foxon build up some nice stacks. We obviously know the success that he's had in PGT events all season long. I'm ready for Alex Foxon to have like, you know, forty million chips Chip leader on day whatever seven And it just happened, like everyone being like, oh my god, a million. You know, I'm throwing it out there. I don't know exactly how it lines up, but you know what I mean, just have a mountain of chips and deep in the tournament, just be steamrolling through the thing. Josh Reichard, he's one of those players who thrives in huge field, no limit hold them tournaments. So you know, we saw it obviously millionaire maker, he got third place, he had that win at Venetian several weeks ago. Like I mean, Josh Reichard, I feel like is ready to go. I feel like in all these big field tournaments, it's like, oh, look he's got chips again. Look who's got chips again. Look who's got chips again? And it's always Josh Reiker. So I think he's heating up for a big run in the Wamana Man. Scott Bolman now Scott Bowman probably more of a mixed game guy than Nolan and hold them guy, but did win the two K Nolman hold them already? You know he's he's fine in Nolanan hold them like? You know, is he one of the super gto Wizard guys? Okay probably not, No, But I think Scott Bowman is a winning player on the w Man and menfield by far.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: The fact that he's got a lot of momentum, a lot of confidence with all the deep runs that he's had this summer, including right now in the ten K stud high Low that he's still in. You know, like, I do not be surprised if you see Scott Bowman's name in the final one hundred, top fifty or whatever is the WSMANA mat likes. Sometimes it just all comes together for a player during the summer. Was actually out of this well Yeah, but he was, I mean he was just in a guy again not too long. Yeah, he was in the final two tables or three tables. Nick Seward, Nick Sewart, I feel like has been kind of flying under the radar this summer, but he has eleven or twelve cast year.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say I think he's second most or third most cushions, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like I don't think they've been Like I don't think he's had any final tables.
Speaker 3: Now I had one Deeve run in like a one something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like, you know, maybe things that are just kind of just not working out kind of towards the end, or when he's getting ready to go deep, maybe you lose a flip or a big pot or whatever obviously can change everything.
Speaker 2: And the six in the sixth place in the eight hundred dollars deep Stack for seventy two k fifty, first in the Millionaire Maker for thirty three k so's results.
Speaker 1: One final table and that smaller buy in one but a little bit lesser coverage on that one of course, but still, you know, Nick Sewart is a guy who's performed extremely well over the years. You know, I like these players like him, like he's in that same vein of you know, like a Jeremy Becker type where they they have thrived for so much of their career in big field Nolanan hold him tournaments against players that you know are kind of average on the whole, right, Like like the players that an event aren't you know, all crushers that play in the studio or people that are crushing Triton or all that sort of stuff. You know, there a lot of them are shot takers. I mean they say it's the softest ten k in the world, and I would believe that. Yes, of course you're going to run into plenty of good players, but you know there's gonna be plenty of recreationals or amateurs, shot takers, dreamers, all that sort of stuff. And you know, Nick Seward just like being able to play with that caliber of player for so much of his career. Do not be surprised if you see Nick Seward running deep. Michael Wang he won the sixteen hundred dollars event at the Win earlier this summer for I think five hundred K or right thereabouts. Michael Wang is a freaking crusher and is coming off a ten K Poo Championship win, which we will talk about later on in this episode. But he just won that last night. Now I know ten K PLO is not ten K Nolan hold him his main event, but still ill momentum confidence all that sort of stuff, like like you got to be riding freaking high going into the biggest tournament of the summer. So you know, Michael Wang I think is getting hot at the right time, and then I'm leaving this one for last year. One, he's still on the mini main event. Two. I mean his name has been at the top of everyone's list all summer long, you know, in the headlines, all over social media, all that sort of stuff, and that's mister Martin Cabrell. Would you be shocked in the slightest if Martin Cabrell was on like day eight yelling not like that and Casino Royale at the feature table that event with his freaking hippo pushing that thing across the table.
Speaker 3: I may have a quit by then if that is the case.
Speaker 2: And when he's on the feature table for five or six seven days straight.
Speaker 1: The thing is is like he's he's gotten a lot of publicity. He's been in the headlines, he's been captivating social media, all that sort of stuff all throughout the WSP so far. You know, of course, very polarizing as well. There are plenty of people that do not like him in his antics. There are plenty of people that love him in his antics. For as much buzz and stuff that he has gotten so far, imagine if it if it is now a deep run in the WSP main event, the biggest tournament of the year, the one that all the lights are on, that everyone in poker pays attention to like that one. Could you I mean, could you imagine that that would be out of control? Absolutely out of control?
Speaker 3: What are you looking up, Dan O'grenor he's on your list?
Speaker 1: He's not on my list?
Speaker 3: No, huh, players that are heating up.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the reason why I didn't put him on my list is because I have him for some of my other stuff.
Speaker 3: I know that, but I think he needs to be considered.
Speaker 2: He's got nine and the cash for the ninth time today in the mix big bet.
Speaker 3: What's so impressive about this?
Speaker 2: And this could be a history defining stat that I think that may take a lot of time to QC. But he's catched nine times. That's that's not that impressive.
Speaker 3: But it's not.
Speaker 2: It's nine different events, nine different variants of poker. To me, you know, that is more.
Speaker 1: Than the element. Oh yeah, he cast two fifty K.
Speaker 2: So I think just on that, you know, we're talking about his most previous results. Obviously, he was a fourth today fourth today, He's had a ninth an eighth, a seventh, a second kind of heating up right, So I think he has to.
Speaker 3: Kind of be on that list.
Speaker 2: Maybe not as hot as Mine Cobrell or Michael Wang, but you know, standing on grinder and I know we're going to touch on him soon. Bit I think we need to just put him on the heating us.
Speaker 1: Listen. I don't disagree, you know, there's just I mean, we could probably name fifty players. You know, we could just keep going and keep going and keep going. So, you know, another one, just like Dan and Grin and Victor Blom, has had a lot of success this summer. I think he is stilling. Maybe he's out, but either way, he walk deep run as well.
Speaker 3: He's one of the short stacks, but he is still so the worst of plus.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, let's do some predictions now as it pertains to the event, the big name with the deepest run will be No, Phil Helmuth. Is he still in the ten case? Because all these guys that we're talking about are still in this ten case.
Speaker 3: Dot I Loo, yeah, eleventh and chips okay, And.
Speaker 1: This is where I put Dana m'grany. I think now I also put somebody else in parentheses, and that was Martin Cabrel. And the reason why I put him in parentheses is because when I'm when I wrote down this question, big name, I meant, you know, the Negrown News, the helmets, the I like the big big names. You know. Yes, Martin Cabrell is getting a lot of buzz this year. He's not in that class, you know, but in terms of this summer, there's obviously a lot of buzz around Martin Cabrell. So he I guess he could technically qualify, but I'm still I'm going with Negranu. And I also, like you mentioned all of Negron New's success this summer. I like his state of mind. I like his the vibe, the energy about him. He's a little bit more care free, you know, the doesn't probably feel that much pressure. I referenced it on our previous podcast. But I talked with him earlier in the summer, you know, just about how this summer feels compared to last summer. Last summer, you know, before he won that seven bracelet, it was always every year, is Daniel gonna do it? Is he gonna do it? Is he gonna do Is he gonna finally break this drought? Well, he finally broke the drought last year, so now this year even too even he said it, you know, oh yeah, I'm a little bit more free, and I'll have some wine, maybe I'll chill out a little bit, all that sort of stuff. So I definitely think you see it from Daniel and maybe that carries over into the main event and he's able to really put together a deep run. That would be absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'm only picking Hilm with just for the headlines. Tell me there's no shot because he complained about it being too long the out and I want to see him. Been a long time since he's made a run in the main event. I think you've touched on it very early in these World Series pods. It's been years since he's made a run, and I wanted to. I just want to see him get to say Dave six and all the media is flogging im and he's say, I'm so tired. I don't know how he's this is not fair. I want to just see the media circus that follows him. You know, he's got to do his entrance on day too. He's gonna be running day He's going to be complaining about the length of time he's probably gonna be napping on the table doing all these things onto the bright lights of the feature.
Speaker 3: I want to see that craziness.
Speaker 1: But so often during the summer we hear from helm Youth, usually via social media, how he's so tired, had to sleep in, just had to skip this event because I slept till six pm. I haven't heard any of that. So and and I've watched him in a lot of tournaments. He looks good. You know, he's lost some weight. Yep, I honestly believe that. He said the other day somebody said something to hibout losing weight, and he said, mondurro. So you know, he looks good. He looks energetic. You know, he seems a little bit happier that sort of stuff. Of course, you did you have the slight blows. We haven't had a big helmet book, had some slight stuff here and there, so you know, maybe he is just kind of rejuvenated, energized and all that sort of stuff. So that could go to your point. If he's feeling good, maybe it translates to a deep run on the WSPAN event.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, so let's see which woman will go the furthest.
Speaker 2: There's so many a choose from. It's really it's really difficult, since I know your pick. I was going, it's looking at side. I was looking more hometown, more local, more Vegas, and I want to go Katie Lindsay, who when we wrote this was making a run in the mini main event. She's actually now being eliminated. I believe it was eight or ninth place, but a good run in.
Speaker 1: Place for one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: There's no better preparation for the big main event than running deep in the mini main event.
Speaker 3: So that's perfect timing.
Speaker 2: She's probably gonn take a day off tomorrow, jump in on one B or one C maybe. I think that's a pretty good, uh stepping point for her to have a big run in the this year's main event.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know I'm picking now shina Oka. God, we need that on T shirt. Let's go. And I was watching we were watching Nigarany's log. He said he played with her last year, was it and she was very aggressive, So getting after it in the main event. I love that out of a player, you know, not willing to just sit back and and just try and wait for things to come to them. You go and get the chips.
Speaker 2: So you're definitely gonna wind up on her signing table on when you play the Manument this year.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, feeling that's fine with me. You guys have got a wall, that's.
Speaker 1: Fine with me. As long as she decides to go three barrels with Queen Hie against my trip as is all good. I'm ready to click call baby, let's go. Which former WSB main event champ will last the longest?
Speaker 3: I'm taking Lossi's champ.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard a thing that about him this world series? Has he even made one cash?
Speaker 1: He ran deep in I actually think it was that heighth dollar deep seck that Nick Seward Meta found.
Speaker 3: Table a terrible event.
Speaker 1: But I have heard much other than that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna hear his name.
Speaker 2: He makes a run in this year's main event, get that cash, make anft of defending the town. Not many previous champs have cashed the following year. I think it's fourteen players have cashed the next year. I think the last one being that he had eighty fifth, last one being Dan Wyman, one before that was Krai. It's gonna be Jonathan. He's gonna do with this, he's going to finish seventy first seventy first players. Jonathan Tomayo, No way, great defense of your championship win right there.
Speaker 1: Joe McKeon a crusher when it comes to big field nolanman Holden tournaments. He obviously did it in the main event once he's done it elsewhere plenty of times. I got Joe McKeon. It's time for Joe McKeon to make another deep was main event run. So that's who I got, which twenty twenty five Gold Bracelet winner is going to go the deepest. When you think of your pick here is freaking incredible. This is awesome.
Speaker 2: When you think of Michael with a grindam is you think about the fifty k PPC? Okay, yeah, but did you know he's already he's catched eleven times? This was I know, Okay, I once heard about this. Everyone just thinks PPC, that's it. No PPC. We had twenty fifth place in the Battle of Ages. We've had cashers in PLO events, six handed events, super turbo events, double board, bomb pot events.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 2: He's back, baby's He is storming to get in the Poker Hall of Fame. And this is where he stamps his legacy with a ninth place finish in this year's ws A main event.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're just you're going a little too crazy with the exact finishes in this thing. I got Adria Mitaeos, another another big field crusher, one of the absolute best in the game. If you're questioning, well, what bracelet did a Jim Mitatos win, he won one of those online to live highrid events, the high Rollers, so it counts. It is a bracelet, and Adrian Mittaos is one of the best thing games. Also somebody who I mean outside of that bracelet, we haven't really heard much about Mateos, like in terms of running deep in events. So you know, maybe he pops up and all of a sudden, it's like, oh, there's Agent Mataos. It's day seven, He's got a bazillion chips. There we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't say, uh, I don't obviously expect to miss the main event. But the onely show I have for some of these high stakes guys is that we're going to get into a round of events. A lot of high stakes events coming up. You know, we have avans of this shoot. We got a fifty k Hirolla. I'm just wondering, is that mind really in the main event or is it going.
Speaker 1: To be like, oh, I'd rather plays in the main event.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yes, we'll say we'll say.
Speaker 1: One thousand percent in the main events. One thousand percent, which twenty five K fantasy player will score the most points in the main event, which means go the deepest likely going to need to hit the field bonus to score the most points. So who's it going to be?
Speaker 2: I think it's the guy that is probably top five currently in twenty five K Fantasy points, Victor Blump about to get a not that good pick ten something here pretty easily. Who knows, he's just having an unbelievable summer. You know, we we laughed. I believe we joke week one or two of the World Series. You know, we read an article about the year the Summer of Victor or the Year of Victor.
Speaker 3: It hadn't won anything. He just made some file tables.
Speaker 1: But he's just and then right after that he made another just.
Speaker 3: Kept making final tables, kept cashing.
Speaker 2: Now he hasn't you know, he hasn't broken through his for his first bracelet, but he's been knocking on the door.
Speaker 3: He's knocking on the door again.
Speaker 2: He might be short here, fifteen left in the Start eight Championship, but it seems like every event he plays he's.
Speaker 3: Within a shot.
Speaker 2: It's like kind of like Ivy's year from two years ago, where it feels like every time he played an event he cashed. Same here with Victor and you know fellow Swede Nicholas third place last year. US it's gonna that's gonna that's gonna rub off on the Victor. I think we're gonna share some secrets.
Speaker 1: Secrets. Yeah, like they need to really share an.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Victor can improve on that third place, finished second in the WSP Man event.
Speaker 1: You're ridiculous with these things. I mean, I got the best big field norlmal Holden player in the world, Steven Song. Of course he's on our team as well. I mean we absolutely freaking need it. Yeah, so he needs to win, Stephen Song, if you could just win the WS Minna, that would be.
Speaker 3: How many points for winning? Two point fifty? Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it better him to just get a field bonus and then go pay some other stuff.
Speaker 1: Though, No, he can just We're each gonna give three under the radar names to keep an eye on. Now, these are these are shots in the dark, you know, but but just I'm just saying, just don't be surprised if we call some names out and you see these guys run deep and something ends up happening. Okay, do you want to go first? A Terrible?
Speaker 2: So I'll do my first one, then you can Terrible A brit Brandon Shields.
Speaker 1: I see, I like that pick.
Speaker 2: I know this look a bit. My other one's at a little question. He's got seven WSP cashes so far. He had a fifth in that six max final table that Andre angelvic sow.
Speaker 3: We say it one.
Speaker 2: But he also has a victory to win in a one K turbo for forty K and another deep running that same eight hundred deep sack event for thirteen thousand and just before the World Series kicked off. He also won a Venetian of monthster stack for twenty eight K. So he's been collecting wins here. We wind it back even further back in the UK, back in his home the second place of forty three k. He's got some results this all year. It feels like it's definitely he's in the right spot to make a real, real run in this year's main event.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to list off all of mine?
Speaker 2: Let's let's because look, I don't like this off the rate I think. I think it's just throwing a dart against the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I love it. So it is my first one I think is legitimate. I think yours are fine, and then my last two are questionable.
Speaker 1: So there's one that you wrote down, this one question.
Speaker 3: This one is a lock. Nikolai Tulan. I don't even know how that is exactly.
Speaker 1: He's another one of these players who I played with once. I was very impressed with how he played, was digging his energy at the table. Thought he had a good, I don't know, good charisma about him. Looked like he was very thoughtful, gave me some fits in some hands. So Nikolai Tulin, I think he only has three cashes this summer. Nothing big, nothing like you know, truly notable. But don't be surprised if you see that name, Nikolai tulin deep in the w's main event. Another guy, now, this one. If I were to get any shit for anyone that I picked, it would be on this next guy. Let's see if you can tell me why Colin Robinson, So.
Speaker 3: Why would you get given great fun? I don't know. I don't think anything that's that's kind of under the right though.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you're a poker head, you will know that he already has a bracelet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that is I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, I often say like, oh, that person can't be breakout player of the year because of this reason. You know, so you could. I mean, he has a bracelet. He won the twenty five hundred dollars Nolan Hold him last year. He also has a second place finish in the Monster Stack. From twenty twenty three, he has a third place finish and a fifteen hundred dollars Nolan hold him. Then for twenty eighteen, he has a ninth place finish in the Colossus in twenty twenty three. I mean he's gone deep in several events, big field events. Colin Robinson. So somebody who I think is a very good player, young, gets after it, aggressive all that sort of stuff. So you know, I doubt the way I look at it is like this, if I give this name, can people kind of walk into the field and find and like pick this person out and I'm gonna say the common poker fan can't so like that's what I mean, Like, I want this person to then be like kind of known as a face if they do run deep. So Colin Robinson, I got Carlin Sewed Crusher plays a lot of big field, no limits stuff. We'll certainly get after it. Has had success plenty, but w's main event looking at him. And then Dan Moran is another one, young British kid.
Speaker 3: Griffin.
Speaker 1: Yep, he took second I believe second or third yea, And I played with him in the n apt Las Vegas Manament last year. Very very good player, young, willing to get after it. The only question with Dan Moran is I know he is a big traveler, goes all over the world, traveling from place to place to place. I only saw one cash on his hand him off for this summer. It was in I think The Colossus. I mean, he's a guy who could honestly come here, play the Colossus and then like go off to the next place. Okay, so then just making sure, I mean, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he just like fed off and went and go you know, did did life? You know? Which is totally fine. So those of min Nikolai tul and Colin Robinson, carl And Sewed and Dan Moran, you have rain and shields.
Speaker 2: So I took a little look, a little artistic license with off under the radar freaking I got one that I didn't run down yet. He just got his ninth cash and the Gladiators and Focus not the Gladiads apologize the Focus Star of poking his deep Stack championship. Okay, nine Cash is when you when I say this name, you're not going to really think tournaments in cash games.
Speaker 3: You're gonna think other things.
Speaker 2: But I think he's turned the corner and I think he's very focused. We saw it last year on tournaments. He seems to be made an effort to play more tournaments and follow in the foosteps of his brother Andrew talking about Johnny Vibes, Johnny moreno cash game, guy's got those vologs.
Speaker 3: Nine Cash is this summer and.
Speaker 2: Kicking away getting a results, nothing, nothing crazy, you know, but he's he's there, it's competing, and I think you know it's you know, it doesn't really classify under the under the radar that you would go with. But I don't think when I say Johnny Vibe is going to make a deep made round, no, I would really kind of maybe have that on their go card. So I'm going to put him in there. Nine cashes so far and at the rear a couple of years ago. Yes, yeah, yeah, so and now my third one. This is a very controversial one for Donald. But this guy, he played two events and then he decided to take a plane to Egypt and see the pyramids and eat food and go partying for a month as a professional poker player during the World Series of Poker. Now you're going to say, what an idiot, But I'm going to say he's primed, mentally primed, he's relaxed, he's ready. He is back yesterday, straight to the ARIA, right, So he's going to dust off. He's going to dust off the rust. Okay, at that silly casino down the road. It's going to come here and he is going to storm the WSP main event, ascend to the top of the pyramid, fifth place, justin Za, Justine.
Speaker 1: He's not under the radar, so it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Look Yeah, I took out his stick glasses.
Speaker 2: He's a couple of names I did have, but I looked at their results, nothing really stood out where I'm like, I was confident that things were in their way. Brandon Sunshine played some PGT events. He did make a run the Battle of Ages. I believe another PGT player, Miles malali Yep, I've seen him around a lot. Results haven't spoken for himself. Did it got a bit unlucky in the fountable.
Speaker 1: To five K?
Speaker 3: Six? No?
Speaker 1: Five K?
Speaker 3: It was maybe it was a five? Yeah? They were two that I had on, but I was I just they didn't.
Speaker 2: Have the aura, the aura to ascend the pyramid and finish in fifth place in the WSP main event, like Justin Zachy's gonna do.
Speaker 1: I know, I didn't put it on here, but we have to have to talk about it. What's your main event field sized prediction?
Speaker 2: I think last time, like what two episodes ago, I was like, I think it may just hit ten thousand, So my god, ten thousand sixty six.
Speaker 1: So Tim's got ten thousand and sixty six entries in the twenty twenty five Doubsmuda and I am going ten thousand, six hundred and thirty big Okay, ten thousand, six hundred and thirty three. That is my number so big. That is the that is the one thing that we want you guys to drop it in the in the YouTube comments, tweeted us He's Tim underscore underscore. It's a double undscore, Tim underscore underscore, Duckworth, I'm Donnie underscore. Peters, I got a single underscore. He's got a double underscore.
Speaker 3: It changed.
Speaker 1: You can also at poker Go on social media let us know the main event entries that you guys think are going to get in there. You can email us podcast at PokerGO dot com basically anyway that you can reach us or the show, let us know what you think the DOUBSP mainavent field size is going to be for this year. Tim's going over ten thousand, but a little bit less than last year, although it's in middle. It's in the middle of last year the year before, so still very very solid number. I'm going biggest ever teny, six hundred and thirty three. Let's go Baby. Also, as part of the w s AP main event Wednesday, July second, it All kicks off, which also means poker Goes coverage of the WAP main event kicks off. What do we got? You told me I got it all in my head. I got the whole schedule on my head, so please tell me. Streamings are what the heck we got going on tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We turn the cameras on, we don't turn them off.
Speaker 1: That's a start.
Speaker 3: We don't turn them off until there's a winner.
Speaker 2: That's it. Next topic. But in all seriousness, we are streaming. Obviously every day we're doing. It's gonna gonna look a little different here in the Horseshoe, the day ones, the four day ones. We're gonna be picking up action on the level before dinner breaks about four point thirty pm. If you're familiar with this room, we know we have a main stage here. We will have what we call the Horseshoe stage. We're gonna have two tables, the main one in the horse shoot. It's one stream. It's gonna start at seven pm Pacific, that is ten pm easton.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go six hours.
Speaker 2: We're gonna cut some brakes out, we're gonna fast forward in the future with us fancy machine. So that's day one, two tables, three levels, six hours of coverage starting at seven pm local time.
Speaker 1: Who's on commentary that's gonna chat?
Speaker 3: I know some some buffoon. Do you know who it is? Yeah, baffoon exactly.
Speaker 1: This is what you did once on the podcast this year I've done a couple of times. That's the Rock Van Dam rob Let's go shout e c w B.
Speaker 3: Day two, so that's getting a little different.
Speaker 1: Show me the same man, let's go ACW is fucking legit back?
Speaker 3: I never really watched the w W w W.
Speaker 1: I know, but then then I got a hold of the e c W and the crazy shit.
Speaker 3: That maybe we didn't get that in Australia. I missed that Wild watch lot of highlights Wild.
Speaker 1: I mean you should. You should, honestly, just look up some I've seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just they two the two day twos, we're doing four levels. We're going to do two before dinner, two after them as we skip level one and look. Mainly we do that because you know players are still coming.
Speaker 3: We don't really know.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna have two tables on the Horseshoe set because our big dog's coming here to clean up this main event stage, make it look all pretty for TV. So Day two, two tables, four levels from the Horseshoe. Day three, Day four, Full Stream Baby Full day every hand from the future table, but we're going to do three levels prior to dinner break. Second stream is going to start after dinner break, but entire coverage we expect. Look, if my number is correct for the main event, we're going to make the money late day three, and that ten hour day probably ends up being at level or twelve. If Donnie's numbers correct, we'll be making it early day four.
Speaker 3: Just like last year.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty four, the money was fifteen hundred and eighteen places. We came back on day four with fifteen hundred and twenty four quick you know, I think it was probably maybe thirty minute bubble, nice and early on day four. That's what we expect now Day five, this is where it gets fun.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: We're going to have three tables from the main stage, okay, and three different streams. First time we've ever done this. The main stream is going to be kind of what you normally see. We're gonna have the main feature table, we'll go out to Table B, we'll go to Table CEE. We'll have the A Star commentary team. We've got the night shift back, Ali Najade and Nick Surman Penning. He is not final tabling or winning more bracelets and all of day five. So you go to three hours before dinner, sorry, three levels before dinner, two levels after, and.
Speaker 1: I think different. I think we're getting more night shift this year.
Speaker 3: Are they going to be a little bit of an afternoon shift?
Speaker 1: No? I just think. I mean I was talking to Ali. I mean he was telling me that, you know, we're getting more night shift. Okay, So I mean I see one, two, three, four, I see five days.
Speaker 3: More days of the night shift. Yeah, which is look what we all want. I thought you meant.
Speaker 2: More like hours, and I was like, that's kind of hard for the night shift because night shifts and night shift?
Speaker 1: Are we all? Are we supposed? Are we supposed talk? Can I talk about this name?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think we should.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a name on the talent list for commentators that Tim and I are obviously looking at right now. I don't know if we're supposed to say it or not, but so we'll leave that for right now.
Speaker 3: Look, we'll tell you it's John Cena. Johnsen is doing Johnson is.
Speaker 1: Coming out, John Cena. You can't see me, baby.
Speaker 3: The difference this year is, like I said, we're doing three.
Speaker 1: Sir, whish just are wrestling and poker podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't get bored of that too quickly. What I don't really watch using anymore. I can just see what.
Speaker 1: We can start.
Speaker 2: I got two, we get started again. No, no, I don't want to set again. I've got too much any too much euzzy rules to watch. We're going to do a table two or table B dedicated feed. And what that means is if you have a loved one on table two, or maybe your favorite players on table two, you could just watch that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say, if you're you can you can request them to the future.
Speaker 2: Look, you can request them my venmo is that No, it's just kidding. But what that means is like, yes, if you do have you know, friend, family, or your favorite player is on table two, you can just watch the street with them. You know, you'll see only their graphics, You'll see only those cameras. Unfortunately, no commentary for that one. Okay, but it's kind of cool new feature.
Speaker 1: I thought we might have commentary for it.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm going to tell you Table three. Okay, Table three same concept, okay, but less cameras and we may have.
Speaker 1: I think it's fewer cameras.
Speaker 3: It's technically also less cameras.
Speaker 1: Let's go, I'm just messing. I know, go ahead, but.
Speaker 2: Table three, fewer cameras, impossible commentators, just to like, just to give it a little bit more spice. Won't be the regular A team that you're going to expect. It might be the B team I over here, possibly.
Speaker 3: He might be.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm like the D team, not the team. Don't even give me that much.
Speaker 2: The team right here of Donald Peters and I believe the return of possibly Remco Ingema.
Speaker 1: Remco will be in the mix plenty. It's it's our team is me, Remco and Tristan Wade. Okay, it'll be it'll be some combination of the three of us, depending on what's going on. For example, on Wednesday, Remco is going to be handling duties at the Venetian. I'll be on the W S O P stream alongside Tristan, So it'll it'll just kind of be depending on what's going on. I also plan on making at least day six of the event, so you guys are gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to be making level six first before that.
Speaker 1: Very true. I need to focus on making the sixth hand. Then I'll worry about level six.
Speaker 3: If you're sitting with Shena O couldgto.
Speaker 2: That will be a very big worry making the sixth hand because you guys could be playing some six bet pots every hand.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try and not six bet this year, just.
Speaker 2: Having you just don't even four bet, you don't need to even fall bet that's tall and three bet.
Speaker 3: I'll just play like me.
Speaker 2: You should try and play like me, and I should try and play more like you. That could be Probably we find the middle grade I want to play, and that would be success.
Speaker 1: I don't want to play like you.
Speaker 3: You mean excellent.
Speaker 2: No, I'm having a good last four months on the time them anyway, let me finish Table three dedicated commentary team possibly, but basically we're going to have three streams on those days five six probably five six seven, they eight most likely just be two tables, so just be two feeds.
Speaker 3: But we're trying something different.
Speaker 2: See how it works for you guys at home, and then all comes together Main event, Final Table July fifteenth, playing for who knows ten million bucks?
Speaker 1: Ten Yeah, it's going to be more I am that's another thing. I mean, obviously we'll talk about this as we get deeper into the main event, but what do they do if it's you know, do they do one of those things like they did last year where they have to make first place more, which kind of skews all the other payouts, and then it's like there's.
Speaker 2: No say they made less. It was even before they made more, unskeed the paths. I'm in one twelve point one million, it's passing Jamie go. Lastly they dropped it to ten, and I think unless you get like eleven thousand plus, I think first, I think the final title paths should be exactly the same. That extra money, the extra nice.
Speaker 1: I mean, split spread it down, spreadly. I like, I like, just you know, first place ten million, and like you said, basically spread it down and then like when you get enough to go to like ten to five or eleven, then you do that as long as it doesn't screw up everything else. So crazy, but yeah, I'm generally with you on that. Now July second through sixteenth, that's when the main event runs. Every day that the main event is playing, we will be streaming. But once we get about halfway through, it all moves to PokerGO dot com. First couple of days are going to be available for free across various channels on poker Go poker Go YouTube channel beyond the Poker Stars YouTube channel as well. Shout out to Poker Stars, a great sponsor of ours for the WSP this year. But later on it's all going to move behind the payball on pokergro dot com. So it does pay to be a poker Groth subscriber if you want to watch the entire main event from start to finish. If you don't yet have a Poker Growth subscription, you can sign up. We would encourage you Tim and I to use the promo Code podcast. You'll save twenty dollars off your first year of a new annual plan. You will also all annual subscribers get entered into the giveaway to win a dream seat to compete in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. So, if you are looking for a way to save some bucks when you sign up to Poker gro choose the annual plan, use the Promo Code podcast. You'll save yourself twenty dollars on your first year. This podcast is also brought to you by our friends at True Classic. The home of high quality, affordable clothes for men. You can shop tops, bottoms, activewear, and more, and you can do it all at True Classic T's. I know trueclassicts dot com. The url kind of hints that their only T shirts. Trust me, they are way more than T shirts. They might have got started as a teacher company, but they are way, way, way more. This year, we've mentioned it before, We're gonna mention it again. Poker Go as partner with True Classic for a signature end of year event that will take place at the Poker Gro Studio. I just told you about a way if you become an annual subscriber you can win a seat potentially to the PGT Million Dollar Championship. Well, with True Classic you can potentially win one of fifteen one five one of fifteen five thousand dollars packages to come out to Las Vegas and play at the Poker Gro Studio in a signature event. Part of that package is a thirty three hundred dollars tournament buy in. You also get travel money, hotel, all that sort of stuff. Just go over to True Classic tas dot com slash TC poker Go and submit your poker story. Tell us why you got into the game, what the game means to you, your journey, all that sort of stuff, and if your story is selected, then you could be one of fifteen five thousand dollars package winners. Again, that's true Classic tas dot Com slash TC Poker. Go all right, let's get into some of these events that wrapped up today. First up, Michael Wang. He won the ten K pot limit Omaha Championship, his third w Spago bracelet. He won two five K nolan at hold Him events as his first two bracelets, so and I think each of those one was like slightly below five hundred k, one was a little bit above five hundred k, but very very big prize outs. His prize payouts is what I'm getting at here. And then on top of that, he wins one point four million in this PLO Championship. So Mike Wang, freaking crusher, absolute crusher, also had that win at the win earlier this summer, I mean the Kids on Fire. I mentioned him in the you know Who's heating up at the right time. I mean, Michael Wang is heating up at the right time. He topped eight hundred and seventy four entries in this PLO Championship event, Mike Zilker second place, nine hundred and thirty K, Kwan Zhao third place, six hundred and fifty K, Sean Raphael fourth place, Malade Marjie fifth place, Javier frankcor sixth place, Alex Foxen. We also mentioned him as somebody who's eating up. He finished in seventh place, and Simeon Snev finished in eighth place. Anything to say on the ten KPLO.
Speaker 2: Could love to say, firstly, Mike Wang now two hundredth on the all time money list, and now you love me talking about.
Speaker 1: Random ass stats to who looked at two hundredth this guy? You only you?
Speaker 3: He moved up? Who took Joey Westman? When it comes to PGT.
Speaker 1: Leadable really he over took Joey Wism. I would I would have thought Mike Wang was already ahead of Joey Weisman.
Speaker 2: We will Mike Wang is now eighth on the PGT leaderboard. He's got two cashes this season. Obviously this is a big, big, big one. He is a regular in the studio, especially the PLO events, so you know, I've got a PLO series coming up. We expect him to add to those points. Get that one more qualifying cash.
Speaker 1: I would all so along those lines, the fact that he just won one point four million, he won that five hundred or whatever it was from the win earlier this year, I feel like we're gonna see even more of Mike Way. Yeah, in the studio, I think so. Mike Zulka, he is on his second cash.
Speaker 2: He's now fifteenth on the PGT lead Award, nine hundred and fifty one points, Kwonzos sits twentieth, He's got eight hundred and seventy eight, Show Rafael twenty fifth. He's got a bunch of cashes both during a PLO series and here at the World Series and Alex Fox and we kind of mentioned finished seventh.
Speaker 3: He extended his lead on top.
Speaker 2: He's up to nineteen hundred and twenty nine points, fifteen cashes and four point five million in winnings.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of the PGT leaderboard shake up.
Speaker 2: We've always got a ten K stud right now, we've got a ten K eight game coming up, and obviously the big daddy of them all WSV main event.
Speaker 1: Aaron Coopan wins the twenty five hundred dollars Mixed Big Bet, his first gold bracelet. Two hundred and six thousand dollars was his prize. He topped a field of four hundred and fifty eight entries. Another name, another player removed from the Best without a Bracelet list, That is Aaron Coopan. He's a twenty five K fantasy player as well.
Speaker 3: On the website, I need to make run at them.
Speaker 1: What's that best without a bracelet? Yeah, it just rocks all best without a bracelet dot com. He had some previous deep runs and it's actually funny if you look at it. He had four previous deep runs, or his four previous best runs at the WSP were all seventh place finishes. Okay, that's kind of just weird. That's always he could never get past seventh place. He tops Marco Johnson in heads up play, Johnson taking home one hundred and thirty four thousand dollars. Johnson's fourth final table of the series. Oh Fiar Moore got third, Daniel Nigranu fourth place. His fifth final table of the series. He collected a little bit under sixty one thousand dollars. Nigranney was up. I believe on the summer now around one hundred and ten to one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars, which if you invested in him on poker Steak, you're feeling pretty good. That is. I don't think that's quite a free roll, because he of course has he's in the hundred k PLO, he's got the main event, so but it's getting close.
Speaker 2: He's gonna no, no, you're you're insane, You're absolutely out of your mind.
Speaker 1: I thought, I thought, I thought I saw people talking that if he would have won, it's like it's like almost year.
Speaker 3: Let's pretend.
Speaker 2: Let's pretend he bricks the main because that's very possible. He's busted on day one before. Okay, I'm gonna let's run through some events. He's definitely playing hunter k. Okay, we've gotta go. First of all, you gotta take thee hundred k off, right, Let's pretend he bricks that. So now he's at zero. Okay, let's see what's got coming up. And because this is why I said very he's close. But look ten ten k a game championship. Okay, this minus ten, we've got a fifty k high roll.
Speaker 3: Let's give him. Let's give him three bullets there, one sixty.
Speaker 1: I have more faith than dance five K.
Speaker 3: Turbo one sixty five.
Speaker 2: Who knows how many rebuys are the ten K six and a Championship one seventy five, the twenty five K horse high Roller with a rebuy.
Speaker 3: Now we're at two hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: We've got a five K, we've got the one k that he plays at the very end, and he's in for it seventy nine bullets.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think you can be in for that many bullets.
Speaker 2: And that's if you try hard enough, you can be Literally, I think it's I think it's I think it's kind of you can he can be stuck a quarter million if he breaks everything.
Speaker 1: Quarter quarter million. A quarter million is is pretty close to break even given the fact that he fires so much, so hard all summer.
Speaker 3: It's just not start counting our little money right now.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not counting him. But first of all, it's it's already there's already a lot of money coming back. That is true, even if he breaks the rest of the series.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 2: But I want he needs to be in the plus. I want the plus so that I'm more in the plus and you're more in the plus.
Speaker 3: And everyone that invested.
Speaker 1: In more in the plus sure, I mean I don't disagree. Jeff Mad's in fifth place and Baris Khan Battil sixth place. That is the twenty five hundred dollars mixed Big Bat. Shout out to Aaron Aaron Coopen forgetting his first RESP gold bracelet Real Quick.
Speaker 2: Michael Johnson touched on Runner Out Finished has a third as well. So on social today that he's going home, see like, I don't know if he's going home for good or he's just gone home for two days to see the kids and the wife and coming back.
Speaker 3: So maybe see you Margo.
Speaker 2: Maybe number one podcasts friend fan bestie David odb Bacon can fill us in if he's just taking two days to refresh, gone back to well not Create, California or wherever it's from, and coming back for maybe day two entry in the main obviously some mixed games coming up. We got the toss, We got the twenty five k horse, but since some good form, even if it's in makes, we'ldn't surprised to see him jumping make a run in the main event, possibly.
Speaker 1: Over in the mini main event. We talked about the field size yesterday. Ten thousand, seven hundred and ninety four entries were tallied in this one, eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars to first place, right thereabouts, eight hundred and forty three thousand dollars to first place eight fifty three, eight forty three and absolutely positively enormous first place payout for a one K buy in, especially when you could you factor in that you could fire max two bullets two K, So that's crazy. Five players left there guaranteed two hundred and forty six thousand dollars. Alexander Yen is leading the way, Martin Cabrell is second inches. How the hell is Martin Cabrel second in chips going for his fourthsp God bracelet in the freaking mini main event with ten thousand, eight hundred entries.
Speaker 3: I walked over there.
Speaker 1: It was not like that chaos.
Speaker 2: He was doing all these little tricks to all these people that probably have never even experienced.
Speaker 3: I felt so sorry for those plays.
Speaker 1: What do you they probably freaking long?
Speaker 3: Guy was okay, I will walked to a lot.
Speaker 2: One guy was only for like nine bigs on Monk Coprell's big blind right, and he looks at his cause he does.
Speaker 3: The hall looks behind him.
Speaker 2: Okay, his no more action. He looks at the small blind. How many chips do you have? He looks at the big blind.
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 2: He looks at seat nine. How many chips do you have? He goes for another count. He takes a drink of his drink. He looks a small one again. He looks at this guy. The hand was seven minutes before he folded.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll at least at least the high rollers can't complain and say he only does it against them. He does it against everyone.
Speaker 2: To the mon the Cabrell family home game, and little Susie was sitting there, seven year old little Susie sitting at the end of the table.
Speaker 3: He's doing all the same stuff.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. I mean, it's an absolute spectacle.
Speaker 3: I feel so sorry for so.
Speaker 1: Alexander Yen leads, Martin Cabrell is second, Badim Lapuka is third, John i Ishak is fourth, and Bartolomew sweet Oba probably I probably butchered all the game. Other than Martin Cabrell and Alexander Yen. He's in fifth place. So that's who we got left again guaranteed two hundred forty six K they're gonna come back. They're gonna play it out on Wednesday, July second. Not like that Casino Royale. They are social. Guy's got a video of him busting this guy and just being like, you should never play King Jack. My grandmother told me not to play King Jack. Mean, it's just the guys. Is absolutely freaking incredible. There were some deep runs hat by some others, notably Katie Lindsay got eighth place. She took home one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars. Robert Chung bracelet winner, Fred Goldberg bracelet winner Robert Chung got twenty first. Fred Goldberg got twenty sixth, so you know, pretty crazy. David Simon another bracelet winner, seventy first place for him, Sean Buchanan the original, the Original Bucky, that's Canadian Shohn Buchanan eighty ninth, and a couple more bracelet winners, Tarren Goyle and Ben Collins ninety sixth and ninety ninth, respectively. So that is the massive shoutout mass massive Mini main event ten thousand dollars. Stud High Low World Championship. One hundred and eighty six entries were ultimately tallied in this one. They are done for day. There are fifteen players remaining, more than four hundred thousand dollars up top for the winner. King Hi Pond is the chip leader, a two time go race winner going for number three. Jordan siegells in there, Andre Ziggielow, Phil Hellmuth fourth in chips. Here we go, Philly Baby. The quest for number eighteen is on. Do you have the mixed game Felton Graphics ready to go for tomorrow because we may need them?
Speaker 2: Bebe no wait for the Modern Cabro show over the Phil Homeless.
Speaker 1: I want I want it all you want. I want the Martin Cabrell Show. I want the Phil Helme Show. I want Day one A of the main event. I want all We got enough tables in this place, we got enough cameras. Let's make it happen. Can we just go make it? Can we just want it back real quick?
Speaker 2: To the stream we did today with Daniel and I just want to give a shout out. I know he doesn't listen, but for those at time that stream it was no graphics. But there's only one guy in the control room that was for duca Aiden. He was doing the switching. Yeah, he was checking the audio. He was giving us promos and you and me were doing commentary. There's a three man team really carried by Aiden to put on this impromptu You know it only went two hours because Daniel Bussard. But hey, we we the fans asked we did it. So I just want to shout out to produce it. And I know he doesn't listen. But if you guys know who that is and you see him, this guy walks around, the big beard around here in the horse and a Cubs hat or a Pocago hat, say hey, thank you, thank you for being the man of the people.
Speaker 1: If you guys think that we work hard and don't sleep. He puts us ye okay, Aiden puts us to sham. Soon you see Aiden shake his hand, Tell him he's an absolute god. Because the guy is also in this event. Luke Schwartz, freaking Jakie's on, baby, let's go day. We got we got Victor Blom, Alex Livingston. I mean, this is a good field, this freaking field.
Speaker 2: How many of these players do we need to pair with Phil for it to be worth Shut the hell.
Speaker 1: Up, seriously, just absolutely shut the hell up. Okay, We're just not doing absolutely not doing this again, four hundred and eleven thousand dollars. They're gonna come back on Wednesday. I'm not so sure this is gonna finish on Wednesday. Is one of those that takes. It's gonna be very close. They might wrap up day three with three four players off something like that. I mean, one structure is extremely good in these ten K championship events. To this one's a split pot game. So yeah, good luck with that one getting it done on day three. The one hundred k PLO high Roller kicked off today. They had eighty eight entries on day one. Of course, there is registration open until day two. We don't have a number to go off of from last year because this is a brand new event. They have never done a hundred k PLO, but they are doing it this year. I would say eighty eight is a very good number. I would say that it gets up over one hundred four day two and it looks like your boy, Arthur Morris rus friend of the pod, Arthur Morris is leading the way. Poker New says bags a massive stack. Shoutout massive. I mean this isn't big, very very very big. I mean that he's got thirty three percent more than the second place. It's pretty pretty freaking big. So Arthur Morris is out in front, Max Lemanski is second, and Daniel no g p l O is his jam and he is showing it. You got Sergio Gonzalez up there, Latarro Guera, James Chen, Richard Greiicosa, James shen Us, Elis Parson and Sam Soverll, John Hennigan, Bryce Yacky are all in. Alex Foxen looks like he's doing all. Seth Davies, Guy, Seth, we freaking need it, okay. We not only do we need Steven Song to win The Man Man, which we already talked about, Seth, we need you to win this. Okay, Well that would be crazy, though, Seth. If you win the biggest Noland, the biggest buy and nolanan Holden turned on the schedule and you in the biggest buy in PLO, that would be let's iconic.
Speaker 3: Let's not forget Lastia.
Speaker 2: He won the two hundred and fifty k Super High roller Ball in Cyprus, and he won the hundred K PLO Super High roller Ball in Vegas. He won the two two of those, so he could do six biggest buying events of the whole year, so he could be won last year and he's you know, won one of them this year, and yeah, we need it.
Speaker 1: Jason Kuhn has got chips. Chris Brewer's got chips for day two. Jeremy Osmas, you go on to Youka Mine and Nick Shulman, Ben Lambs uh So yeah. I mean I was gonna say Steven Childwick, but he busted out, So no, are there what's the re entry deal on this?
Speaker 3: Two re entries?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you thought of a little My thought of Hunter is wayleight. Because so let me just look at the people that are busted, and I'll name the ones that I think are just going to fire back in if they haven't fired yep, three already Steven Chidwick for sure, Lazlo Bustas, Yeah, for sure, baw Ding one hundred percent, Phil Sternheimer, Jared Blesnik, Jesse lonis your boy, Jean Peter Yackman, sure, Brian Brian rast ye Jo Samao, Sean Winter, Right, I mean they're all going to get that again. Yeah, yeah, right. I mean that's I mean, that's just a handful of them, so I mean there's a whole bunch more, of course.
Speaker 3: But Venni Viddy Modern dam we got these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean ye, this thing's gonna have one hundred.
Speaker 2: And got my forty crew members here, Cale Burns and the gem A jez Jesse Lionis.
Speaker 1: I mean this might have one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 2: I would I was gonna set the line of one ten because over we have sixty eight uniques in here, eighty nine, so that means some of Oready this Lee fire two or three potentially. I don't really know what combo of that, but yeah, I like, I like, you know, you said one hundred. Definitely over that. I think one ten is a good line. If you say one twenty, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not going to say one twenty two. That's my number.
Speaker 3: One, but it wouldn't surprise me if it just blues.
Speaker 1: Well. Also, like some of these guys can bust tomorrow and get back in.
Speaker 3: That is right, That is true.
Speaker 1: Ben Lamb's the third shorter stack. If he busts, he'll get back in. Yeah, you know, Nick Shorter, he'll bust, get back in. I'm saying if they bust, yeah, you know you only you can mine and is on the shorter side, Jeremy Osmon, I mean not not super short, but towards the bottom of the chip counts that advance Jeremie Owism is Isaac Haxton, you know, Jonas Cronwit or Jason Koonle. Like if all those guys bust and they haven't maxed out their re entries, they're just probably gonna pop right back in. So so yeah, I like, I like my number one, twenty two. On the other side of the spectrum, lower by and tier, we got the six hundred dollar poker news and deep stack that kicked off today end of chip counts, and it looks like prasad vermo a Polly I probably destroyed that name, but he's a chip leader one point five four million. We have a bracelet winner. King Juw is up there in chips. Kafir Ne, whom local player I play with all the time, always just seems to do well in these tournaments. He's in there too. Do we have any like other numbers on the field size for this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're already in the money. So I had and sixty seven play. I think that's one last year. I think it did crush last year. Then eight hundred and twenty one were in the money. They played deep into the money six hundred and something, I mean cash twelve hundred first three hundred k, the six hundred dollars buying. Three day event. That's pretty uh pretty event.
Speaker 3: It is a event.
Speaker 1: So I know this because David Baker asked me how long I think that it goes, because he was deciding on what to play, and I looked at the structure sheet and it says four day event. I remember last year went four days, but I couldn't remember if last year if it was a four day event for sure or for just rand four days okay, But this year I did look at the structure at least the structure sheets at four days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: It does plan on going four days there. I'm just trying to pull up last year's number. I mean it was it has to be more because first place last year was too eighty two. Yeah, and this year it's whatever seek players last year and it's five thousand and what five six hundred and sixty seven this year, So a very very nice uptick there from this event. So again another event that's up. Party on, baby, Let's go. Main Event's gonna have ten thousand, six and thirty three entries, don't forget it. Guys, don't forget it. This is very early in this event, so we'll we'll touch more on it as we go. Of course, they still got a few days to play down. We already talked a lot about the WS event that starts on Wednesday, July second. That is the day. You guys are listening to this. What else is happening doesn't matter, listen, I know it doesn't matter, but let's just let's just be kind.
Speaker 3: Let's France Sanderson invitation start.
Speaker 1: It can't be called an invitation if you just win it one time, like it just doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I named it the eight hundred dollars Summer Celebration two day ones.
Speaker 1: Was it called that?
Speaker 3: No name something completely different.
Speaker 2: But France Anderson is the clear previous champion event, so that's not tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You know, if you on of four ten thousand, maybe you can four to eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Good thing about this is you could win this, and you know you can filed table and have enough money to jump in on D two ABC or T two D. So that kicks off Wednesday, July second, along with the Big Daddy, the main event and those that just you know, want two cards not enough cards. Ten k eight game Mixed Championship. Remember who won that last year? Calvin Anderson won that three day event tough overlapping the main But you know, also that's.
Speaker 1: One of those ones where you can you can play that. I mean, well you can play that and then get day in day one D or you just registered day one of the day twos.
Speaker 2: Sure, I feel like this would actually maybe slightly better starting on day one B. So like a mixed game guy could play one a bag and then play this and then come back for day two. So I think that might be a better way. But either way should still be a good field. It was a great event last year. The last year was the first time they did it. So yeah, three events signing tomorrow. Obviously we didn't care about the monument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's there's still a ton of events on the schedule.
Speaker 2: Main events on the event eighty one we got, I know, there's a live events. Yes, so it feels like there's so how long left?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Cool, Well, when you guys are listening to this, it will be the day the WSP main event starts. Timpte said ten thousand and sixty six. Yep I said ten thousand six hundred and thirty three. That's entries all the WSMINA for this year. We'd love to hear from you guys. As we mentioned, so tweeted us, send it into podcasts at pokroad dot com, or just leave it in the comments on the YouTube video. We want to hear it. We want to see where you guys are at. I would guess that a lot of people are kind of in the same ballpark. But maybe there's some you know, big swings out there. Maybe if somebody thinks twelve thousand, maybe somebody thinks eight thousand, I don't know. And if you if you are so far off in one way or the other, I want to know the reason. I don't just want to hear number. I want another reason. You know, if you think it's gonna be eight thousand, what's the reason. If you think it's gonna be twelve thousand, five hundred, what's the reason? Okay, so give us the reason on top of it. Daily podcasts all the time, especially during the Smiths.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 1: You're the one one to do to a days. So the problem with dinner break prods is I'm gonna be on commentaries.
Speaker 3: I said I wanted you to be with me.
Speaker 1: I got I gotta cut it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be a quick news.
Speaker 1: When I was talking to Jerry Becker the other day, he did say he would do some guest appearances on the pod, so we should hit up Jerry Becker. Also coming up my favorite podcast of the year, the Money Bubble podcast of the Evident.
Speaker 3: Let's Go. I don't like this, Let's go.
Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna get out of here now. It is one fifty six a m. He's Tim Duckworth. I'm Donnie Peters. Thanks for listening, guys. We will talk to you later day.