Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Larry Korea, author of Indefense at the Second Amendment, and you were listening to the Doctor Sky Experience on Talk Radio seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 3: And welcome back, ladies, gentlemen, to the most impressive radio show that you're going to be hearing in quite a while. We call it the Doctor Sky Experience here on Talk Radio seventy seven WABC, the crown Jewel of radio, ladies and gentlemen, and today a very very special guest. But before we do that, ladies, Ulema, just a little background of the Doctor Sky Experience here on Talk Radio seventy seven WABC. As we mentioned before, we call it the crown Jewel of radio, the iconic onk radio station seventy seven WABC. Many times we talk about, of course, the main mantra of the show is the subject matter of astronomy, space, aviation, and weather, but we also delve deeply into American exceptionalism, and as John Katzimetidis on his very popular nighttime Cats at Night radio show says, truth justice in the American way is what we also talk about here with exceptional guests, and today, ladies and gentlemen, we do indeed have another one of those. We'll be talking about the crisis going on today with the Second Amendment, and who other that can speak best about it? Is a brand new book by Larry Korea. This particular book by Regnary Press. It's entitled in Defense of the Second Amendment, and a little background on this particular book is in order a part of a Second Amendment? Don't you understand? That's the question posed by award winning New York Times bestselling author and professional firearms instructor Larry Korea, drawing on his practical experience, is the owner of a high end gun store catering to both law enforcement and private gun owners. He's a competitive shooter and a self defense trainer. Korea blasts apart the emotion laden's logic free rhetoric the gun control fanatics who turn every mass shooting into an occasion for violating your rights and abusing the Constitution while doing nothing to fight crime.
Speaker 1: A little bit of.
Speaker 3: Background on our special guests in order too. Larry Correa is mentioned as a best selling novelist, famous for his Monster Hunter series, is a popular blogger who writes frequently about Second Amendment rights. His famous essay an Opinion on Gun Control was an internet sensation with more than a million reads, and he is written for national publications on gun laws and self defense. And he proudly lives with his family in Utah. Larry Korea, Welcome to the Doctor Sky Experience here on Talk Radio seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 1: How are you, sir.
Speaker 2: I am doing fantastic. Thank you very much for having me on. I really appreciate this.
Speaker 3: You know, we both have something in common and I want to share this with the audience. This interview is not about me, it's about you. But for the people who don't know my background myself, I'm a licensed firearm instructor, been involved in the firearms industry for a long time, spent a little time in the law enforcement world with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office for some twenty two years in their QAP program, which is the Arm Posse program, and also spending a lot of time talking at different gun shows, and of course spending time in the firearm industry. But Larry, it's all about you now for the rest of the show. In defense of the Second Amendment. Talk about this because this is your first book on this particular subject, or tell us a little bit more about that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm a novelist by trade. That's what I do. I've written twenty five books, mostly science fiction fantasy thrillers. I'm pretty successful author.
Speaker 1: But before I.
Speaker 2: Became a writer, I was in the gun business, and I was a firearms instructor like yourself. I was a going to see a weapons instructor. I was a machine store owner. I actually was what's called an SOT title seven. That's someone who's can manufacturing machine guns and suppressors. I did that for a long time. I worked in various capacity of the gun industry, and I was a defense contractor on the finance side. Not cool stuff. That's my background. And then I got to the writing and I took off and I was very, very successful. Many years later, Regnery was looking at putting out a book about the Second Amendment in defense of it, and it was due to the bruined Supreme Court decision which was looming, and they said, who do we know who's a really good writer who can talk to regular people. We don't want to book this academic. We don't want to book this, you know, for statisticians. We want to be able to just tell a story and talk to people and talk to what the Second Amendment means and why it's important. Who do we know who's a good writer who is also a gun guy and really knows the stuff. And one of the editors had worked on some of my thrillers and my science fiction and he said, Hey, you know a guy. I this guy he sleeps, lives, and breathes guns for thirty years and he's a writer. And so they asked me if I would do this. I was super happy to be given the opportunity. I'm a huge believer in self defense. I'm self defense. I'm a huge believer in the Second Amendment, and for me, it was a great opportunity and so I was super excited to take it. And the book has just come out and it's doing phenomenal and people are very excited. And my goal is just kind of to move the negle and help on this debate and reach out to people who might be on the fence and also people who are already on my side. I want to arm them with facts and help them articulate good arguments. Everybody's got somebody in their life that they can sway.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely, Lari, and it's great to have you here. I'm the Doctor's Sky Experience here once again, proudly to be here around the nation and around the world and even maybe around the universe on Tunk Radio seventy seven WABC. Our producer here was Richard Dugan, and we thank him for his talent in making this particular episode available. Let's go back to something that you and I know pretty much my heart. But the folks out there, I think they should really take a look at the words that are behind the Second Amendment, those twenty seven sacred words.
Speaker 1: And here we go again.
Speaker 3: A well regulated militia being necessary.
Speaker 1: To the security of a free state.
Speaker 3: The right of the people to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed. Now that's something that we hear, but in your book, let's start off from the basics, because so many people out there, they may be a first time firearm purchaser, or how about this, in various parts of the nation or maybe even around the world, there are people that are totally denied their rights. And you don't have to live in a far off land to be denied your firearm rights. Let's zoom in on the home of Talk Radio seventy seven WABC out of New York city and apropos. Of course, let's talk about this Supreme Court decision that happened back in June, and let's go into it a little more of the New York State Rifle Association versus RUIN. Talk to us about what this is, what the problem was before, and what the Supreme Court decided.
Speaker 2: Well, basically what we're looking at is there was or three types of concealed carry laws in America. And there was what's called constitutional carry, where you could carry a gun if you were a law abiding citizen, you were good to go. You didn't need to go through any process, and those states very common or twenty five states that have that. Now, then there was what was called shall issue, and that was the state would give you a concealed weapons permit if you were a law abiding citizen and you applied. They would give it to pretty much everybody who met the basic criteria. Then there was what's called may issue, and that was states like New York, California, and these were states that have extreme restrictions upon who was allowed to have guns and who was allowed to carry guns in public. And what those almost always turned into were very bigoted skin teams were usually there were there was pay to play, so if you were rich and politically connected, you could get a concealed weapons permit, but if you are just a regular guy with a regular job, you're out of lot. We've also seen where these were racist, where the locus is up to the locals on whether they would issue these permits or not, and they would be straight up bigoted if there was somebody who came in from a demographic that didn't care for no permit for you, and if it's somebody they liked to give them a permit. So it was a horrible system, right for abuse, right for cronyism, right for bribery. This is not New York, but Santa Clara, California got busted where they were just basically selling these to the highest bidder so that only people in that particular county that could get a permit, where tech company executives from Silicon Valley and I think some NBA players, right, and some nepotism involved in there obviously too. I mean, if you know somebody, and that's a disgrace because you and I both as instructors, you know, we put our time into this and I really enjoy this book and I want people to get it because you go into this and talk about so many aspects. I call it the common Sense Guide the gun ownership too. And really, I don't know if anybody's ever thrown those words directly at you, but I am taking the liberty in this particular interview. I've read the book from front to back, a little more than two hundred pages latest gentlemen, but a fun read and most important, what lerry, an informative read. And I see where it's basically geared to. It's not just geared to the you know, the person who's an expert marksman or somebody who does like ipsic shooting.
Speaker 3: It's geared to people who may be venturing down the path of saying, hey, what the world's not a safe place? And do I have options? You bring about ways to do that. So this is a great story here, but let's conclude a little bit more. I mean, there's so much time to talk about this, the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association versus Bruin. So let's say people who are listening to this particular podcast on the Doctor Sky Experience, they're going, hey, wait a minute, you know you guys are out in the West, you have all these gun rights. What is now going to happen here? Since this was over returned?
Speaker 1: So what is it?
Speaker 3: Basically saying the law required a license to carry in public? But now what does that mean for people who want to go get a concealed carrier permit? It's still not going to be easy from what I hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so keeping it. I'm trying to keep it simple here because I'm not a lawyer, No I A Yeah. So the Supreme Court came in and said, you can't do that. You can't have these tiers of rights. You can't do that. You have to come up with the You have to come up with the laws that are fair and equable people. There's a bunch of other stuff in this decision that's huge. It reaffirms the meeting of the Second Amendment that we get into in the book quite a bit. It reaffirms it. Why we have it is so that we can defend ourselves and the state just can't take that away willy nilly. So what's happened is all these states that this is are affected by this have to come up with new laws. Well, what they're doing is they're coming up with laws that are even worse, and it's going to be really interesting to see how this shakes out in court. Like New York State then came up with a new law, and the first proposed new law was the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard. Where now to see if you were worthy to have your rights, they were going to go on social media and and like read your Facebook page to see if you had a good character. You know, just insane. I'm sure if you voted wrong, you have bad character.
Speaker 3: Cost You're right on that one, my friend there you go that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they're they're they're they're they're proposing new laws and they are equally ridiculous. So these are all going to be going to court. I haven't seen what the final one for New York is, but Maryland just unveiled there's a couple of days ago, and it's the worst thing you've ever seen. Is basically concealed kerry is banned literally everywhere, and one hundred feet from everywhere, So you couldn't go any place in the state without without violating the law. You can travel down a street without being within one hundred feet of all the places that it's banned. You you couldn't buy a gun and take it home without breaking this law.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I want to I'm gonna make this clear too, Larry, excuse me for jumping in. I want to make it very clear. Nothing in your book is an advocate that says, hey, folks, so you're an advocate for self defense. But you're not sitting here saying you must go out and get a firearm because that's the only way to defend yourself. You're exploring these options in this rather detailed book, but let's start off from the very basics here, and I want to get back to a couple of more of these Supreme Court cases. What's the main theme of your book that you can just tell us in this doctor s Guy experience interview today, so that people would be encouraged to want to go out and get a copy of it and read the details.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, I would say that it self defense is a human right, it's not mandatory. Having a firearm is not for everyone. If psychologically or emotionally, for whatever reason, somebody doesn't want to be armed, that's fine. That is their decision, and I don't think anybody should be forced. However, we're not you, and so just stop trying to stop other people from exercising their rights. Everybody's different, We've all got different levels of knowledge, commitment, education, training, let people make their own decisions, and most people make good ones. We've seen the vast majority of the country now is pretty darn good at letting people exercise their Second Amend their rights. Most states over half now have constitutional carry and we're fine. So the doom scenarios that these people keep bringing up, the panic, the terror that doesn't really apply. This goes into not just carrying guns, but having guns at home defense. I get into the actual meaning of the Second Amendment. It's for defense up to and including against our tyrannical government. And I go there, I talk about all these laws. I sure do, and so I would say the main theme is that the Second Amendment is a human right intended for all people if they wish to exercise it.
Speaker 3: You know, I just want to jump on the subject here. That's kind of a little bit unnerving to myself. You see the legacy media, and I don't think you and I would have a dispute on this, And maybe many people out there are just so fed up that the whole story of firearms is never really presented, right, And what you go into is like you've even offered what opportunities This is interesting, folks. You've offered opportunities for individual people in the media to actually come and take a firearm training class. And if I'm paraphrasing this or I guess, the basic assumption here is from what I read, is that nobody.
Speaker 1: Took you up on that offer at all.
Speaker 3: So how can somebody speak and bovate about a topic if they certainly don't know the truth and really the reality. It's like, it's like having a car and in order to drive that vehicle, say it's a race car. They're so dangerous, these cars that go so fast. Well, you're offering a driving course in how to approve your driving skills so you can manage that driving experience with that type of vehicle.
Speaker 1: Right. Yep.
Speaker 2: Back when I back when I owned a gun store, we had a simulator. So it was one of those things where it would broadcast like a giant TV screen on the wall, but it would put up a scenario and you'd be there armed with a gun that actually had a laser in it that were record your hits, and we would run people through shoot and don't shoot scenarios, use of force scenarios, law enforcement scenarios, and it was like, you know, very realistic events and you had to make decisions and then the simulation would play out based upon the decisions you made, whether you shy, whether you talk to them, whatever. And so I had this marvelous training tool, and I had offered anybody who was in the news media if you would like to come and use this and go through some of these scenarios, especially when they would talk about shootings where a citizen had shot a criminal or police officer had shot somebody. I probably had a scenario that was very similar to that. I could run them through so they could get, you know, a feeling for that and understand what was going on. No one ever took me up on it.
Speaker 1: Not you know that.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, Larry, because you know, again it really gets me.
Speaker 1: A little upset.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm going to be calm here in this interview because people I want them to experience you and learn so much about why they can move toward this as an old minded they open your minds.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 3: You know you don't have to carry a firearm, but at least have knowledge of the components how it works, because what do we teach Larry in our classes side alignment and trigger squeeze, two most fundamental shooting you know, situations as far as when you're handling a firearm. But I'd rather you go down this path. So let's say this way somebody what they can learn from your book. If they're kind of saying, well, you know, I really don't know if I want to do that, and you know, I really kind of think I may will like to also look at the possibility of buying a firearm for personal protection. What's Larry Carey's suggestion and some.
Speaker 1: Of the information.
Speaker 3: They can get the book and read the details, but just in this interview, some basics that you'd recommend.
Speaker 2: Well, I walk people through the process in the book. I do go through this in more detail, But basically, you need to find a place to get some basic knowledge and training. Your local gun stores are often a great place to start, but you know there's a going to varying quality depending on who owns them and how smart they are and how educated they are. But you always hear self to seek out training. Your local ranges will have instructors, they'll have advertisements for instructors. Do some research first, just look them up on the internet to see what their reputation is and start seeking out education. There's a lot of free education out there. As much as the NRA gets attacked and vilified, most of what the NRA's mission is actually education, not legislation, right, and so there's a lot of things out there resources for basic safety're training. I go into this book too about you know, storing guns and how to do it around your family, and everybody's different. We all have a different situation. That's why the whenever the law mandates you have to store guns a certain way, it's going to fall apart because we all have a different household, we have different family members situation. There is no one size fits all. So you know, if you're an intelligent adult, you just need to come at this in a way that you learn. Check your pride at the door. You don't know everything. Everybody, you know, we're all new when we come into this, and I just kind of learn, learn where you can go, and I provide a bunch of resources of different places you can seek out information and good information. I mean there's actually various places online where you can get good information and then there's nothing surpasses in person training, where you have a coach and somebody educated who can walk you through how to actually use this stuff effectively. There's people who just buy a gun and think, okay, good, I'm good. I have a gun. Now I'm gonna load it and stick it to my softwareer and then I can just use it in a case emergency. Now that's a recipe for disaster. You're setting yourself up for failure. You need to know what you're doing. But thankfully there are a lot of good resources out there.
Speaker 3: Well, Larry, this is an exciting time with you. You're listening to the Duntor's Guy Experience where he're on TNK Radio seventy seven WABC out of New York, around the nation, around the world, and maybe even mud Larry around the universe. We call this radio station, and rightfully so, the crown jewel of radio, the iconic CONK Radio seventy seven WABC. Normally, our format consists of subject matters in the realms of astronomy, space, aviation, and weather. Since you and I are so pro a Second Amendment and so much involved in it, I thought today that would kind of shift gears a little bit and talk about what we call the category of the American exceptionalism and our freedoms. And just like John Katzimetidi, the owner of WABC Talk Radio seventy seven and his great popular show Cats at Night, they stand for what truth justice in the American way, and so do we on the Doctor Sky experience, Larry, I wanted to remind everybody the book is entitled in Defense of the Second Amendment, and get it where all good books are sold. It just came out what recently from Regnary Press, and again an honor to have you here, but I wanted to have you explain a little bit more about some of these particular cases in the Supreme Court, the Heller case back in two thousand and eight. I had a lot of personal experience in that, but you don't mind sharing with the audience just the basics. I mean, what does that mean and why is it so important for people.
Speaker 1: Who like and love the Second Amendment.
Speaker 2: Well, that one was where basically Washington, DC had these extremely honorous rules about how you could possess your firearms and who was allowed to have them. And I'm not talking about carrying the guns because Washington DC, it didn't allow us. One of the way I'm voting them just having a gun in your home. They had rules like that you had to keep it disassembled or unattainable. So should you need one in emergency or just out of lot. Clearly criminals don't care about that.
Speaker 1: But one of the most.
Speaker 2: Important things that came out of that case was the Supreme Court reaffirmed the original meaning of the Second Amendment, which the most reasonable Americans have always believed, is that the Second Amendment is for you to be able to defend yourself, and it should not ban common and useful firearms. It cannot just take away things that are common and useful for the regular people. And part of that too, is the original Second Amendment was if the weapon had was of use to the militia, then it is of use to the citizen and you can't ban it. Which is interesting because the way that the anti gun people comment as they come at it from the exact opposite direction and say, well, it's actual from the military, then you can't have it. No, that's the opposite of what the Constitution specifies. That's the opposite of what the Secondment is about. And the Supreme Court reaffirmed that So the Heller decision was actually the first decision of our modern times that really started us down this road where it opened up a lot of lawsuits around the country against state gun laws where they were basically taking away weapons that were common, useful, valuable for self defense. And the Bruin goes back to that and reinforces that that's really what the common part comes from, and that's in Layman's terms, it's the Supreme Court saying that yes, America, Americans, law biding citizens in America have the right who have firearms available to them in order to defend themselves, and their specifically to kind of firearms that are useful for defense.
Speaker 3: Well, Laria, I have an interesting kind of sideline to this. My own experience with Heller is kind of a short and informative, maybe even a humorous story. We had him at the radio show I was doing at the time, called a Call to Rights at the NRA convention there in Phoenix, so Lo and behold the good folks that were working with me. We set up an interview to have Heller, obviously the namesake of this particular Supreme Court case, they are in person, and we sat down and we were talking to him, and boy, did we have a crowd around that booth. And I'm not exaggerating, not because of me. We probably had maybe three or four hundred people, you know, standing around like one of these shut show kind of booths. But the reason I'm telling you that is we at a time I was working with a rifle company. We made sure that we gave a rifle to him in honor of the Second Amendment and had it engraved. Well, lo and behold the person who engraved it, not our company, spelled amendment wrong. So we're getting the rifle over in this big ceremony. This guy with a cowboy hat runs over and it's none other than Ted NuGen and he's yelling and Strayman going don't you give that rifle yet? He goes, I want to give it upstairs at the big convention side. But the interesting part about that story is though we were celebrating this amendment and this you know Supreme Court case, how about that a little thing gone wrong, got to get that word amendment spell right. I thought that was kind of amazing, don't you then?
Speaker 1: That was crazy?
Speaker 2: Something like what an engraver messes up? You know, It's like it's hard to do a typho on steel.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But let's get back to you.
Speaker 3: Let's talk more about some of these other Supreme Court cases, the US versus McDermott, the city that is of Chicago. That particular case, McDermott versus the City of Chicago. I'm understood that it means something like this, The Second Amendment is protected under the Fourteenth Amendment in states rights. So you want to elaborate them more on that. I mean, that was an interesting decision in twenty ten. Kind of that was not as what it's popular, but it wasn't given the big headline that the case was.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually interesting because there's a couple that reinforced the aspect of individual and state rights for the Second Amendment, with that being one of them, and there's also another recent one that actually came out the same time as Brew and I'll talk about that one a second, sure, But basically this Supreme Court as constituted over the last decade has has reinforced but the Second Amendment is an American human individual right, whereas the other anti gunside tries to keep framing it as like a collective right, which is an idea that's ananthema to everything in the Constitution. It's the opposite of everything the framers of the Constitution ever said. It's not an idea that's ever existed in American history, and none of the other amendments work that way. Yet we're but they come out they have this collective right thing that oh, that's only for the militia and the milasity, that means the National Guard. And that's not the case. And so that is that's one of those things where all of all, not all of them. Many of our wins on the Second Amendment for the last generation have been from the courts and the states because legislatively, Congress and the Senate have been afraid to tackle this stuff because it gave the media pressure, and even the pro gun side, the nominally pro gun side, tends to will under pressure. There are some really good ones up there. I don't want to bag on everyone.
Speaker 3: Then the other ID say what, well, I understand. So the interesting thing is moving forward here.
Speaker 1: I mean the time a lot of today.
Speaker 3: This is so precious to all of us and the listeners out there, and again I appreciate your time. You had some of the thoughts on the bruin Supreme Court case. I wanted to hear a little bit more about that because many of our people are listening. Of course primarily well, I'm sure they're listening all over the world, but talk Radio seventy seven WABS he has a long heritage and history where they're baming from New York City, so this very affects people in New York City and New York State. What else would you like to add about the Bruin Supreme courtses.
Speaker 2: Well, the two that came out of the same session was Bruin versus New York State Rifle Pistol and also West Virginia versus EPA, and why that's related is very important. In the last couple of weeks, Brewin reaffirmed that the government could not just take away common and useful weapons from people, and that we do, in fact have a right to keep and bear arms. Very important. It shuts down their whole collective right argument, and it applies a standard that any gun law needs to obey that and to have a gun law, you have to have a historical precedence from the early parts of the country's history that say that you have this ability to infringe on these rights. Okay, yes. Where West Virginia versus EPA comes in is the was the Supreme Court saying that federal agencies can't just make up laws. That's Congress's job. And this is specifically the APEPA doing like environmental regulations. They're just making up rules. They said, Nope, that's not your job as Congress. So how this ties in is the ATF is the federal agency that administers gun laws at federal gun laws, specifically the National Firearms Act, as most of what most of this is predicated on from nineteen thirty four. Okay, well, the ATF has a bad tendency to just do whatever at once with no gun law attached. So Congress didn't pass the law. For Congress passed the law that's tangentially related, but say it doesn't mention certain things. The ATF comes in later and says, well, we're going to add those things. Congress never talked about that, Congress never passed law, but we're gonna go ahead. We're going to ban bump stocks, we're going to ban pistol braces. And this is a big one that's just come out the last.
Speaker 3: Couple weeks, the mailing. So in other words, the ruler does not. Well, they can say it's a ruling, and it is a ruling if it goes in the federal registry. But Congress is the organization that has the power to create laws, not the ATM. So this is very interesting what we're going to get into now. And I know this is for the time allotted. I wanted to jump pretty much headstrong into this. People out there who have let's say, AR fifteen pistols and other quote short barrel type pistols. Okay, now what are we seeing, Larry. We're seeing that what was considered a okay legal maybe that's not even the right word, but they were okay with this device called a brace. Now they're changing the whole classification and definition of a rifle. And what kind of a headstorm? You know, what kind of a storm are we headed into with this? This is very confusing. Tell us some simple words, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really bad. So they dropped it on the Friday afternoon for three day weekend before the Martin Luther King Day. They Friday late close a business. They dropped two hundred and ninety three pag rolls. Wow, and it's gibberish speaking as a professional writer, as a professional editor. It's painful and I've read it a couple of times now and I'm still confused. But what it is is they took something that has been perfectly legal, and Americans have been buying in mass quantities for ten years. So for ten years, Americans could walk into any sportings good store or gun show or local gun store or whatever. You could buy these off Amazon, and Americans are buying a certain thing called a pistol brace, which is basically just a It's a brace you would mount onto the back of a of a large pistol. It's like a balancing brace. That said people could shoulder these, and yes, they could put it against their shoulder, but there was nothing in the law. Like I said, Congress has to pass law, and Congress never specified anything about that being illegal. There's no law against that like real law. So the ATF for ten years let us buy these, until Americans had bought tens of millions. The ATF says there's three million in the country. That number is absolutely laughable because the gun industry, the people who actually manufacture these, we have there's individual companies who are like, nope, we've made more than that, so realistically, the estimates from a nonpartisan congressional observation can't know what it's called. They say there's up to forty million of these in the US. Wow, And I've seen numbers anywhere from fourteen million to forty million. ATFS says three million, which is asinine. But even if it was only three million, that's still millions of Americans who for ten years have been owning something that's been perfectly legal, hasn't hurt anybody. And now the ATF has just come on and said, well, you have one hundred and twenty days to register these with the government or you're felon. That's a ten year prison term.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: That's really dangerous, Larry. I mean, think about that. I mean, let's say people because of their busy schedules, you know, you know, excuses of the law. You know, is never a justifiable defense ignorance of the law. But the point of the matter is so many people are really not paying attention to this. And if I'm correct, tell me, if I'm right on this, the ATF is not going to charge you the traditional two hundred dollars tax stamp fee. Like you know, I have uncertain firearms that I have in my personal collection, and maybe you do.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't ask. But the thing is, what happens now?
Speaker 1: Does this?
Speaker 3: Is it officially from what you know as of this date of doing this particular podcast January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three, is it to your knowledge, officially in the federal Registry or it hasn't even gotten there yet?
Speaker 1: What do you know?
Speaker 2: I am unsure, and I've actually, like I said, I'm not a lawyer, and I've seen conflicting on that, so I actually I do not know. I've seen people some things with well the ATF it is valid and now in the Federal Register, but I have not actually seen that confirmed anywhere. So I don't know if the one hundred and twenty days is started. So actually I'm not sure on that. I don't know if that's officially started or if that's about to start.
Speaker 3: Well, I got a great question. I got a big question for you. She usn't for jumping in again, because I'm full of passion.
Speaker 1: On this one.
Speaker 3: If you filled out a Form four type process to go get your tech stamp gun, you know whether it's a silence or whether it's a short parrel rifle, machine gun, or what have you. And a lot of people don't even know that that's illegal. The question I'm asking you is it took a year and almost a year for me to get approved, not because I had any problems in order to do if you have these how are they going to handle forty million these transactions.
Speaker 2: And what are they going to do?
Speaker 1: I don't understand. It's insane.
Speaker 2: This is this is the same government that's spent in billions and billions of dollars on the Obamacare website and then it promptly crashed. So the ATF is sharing everybody. It's like, okay, all you millions of people, you should go use the e forms, which is the ATF online form system. That thing crashes all the time. It never works anyway, It's always broken. And even if you do eforms, it still takes three months, six months, nine months, sometimes a year. I have a friend that is like a year and nine months for his last transfer. Oh, and the AHF says, well, it's okay, just send us photographic evidence you possess this thing that we're saying is a felony. Fill out this paperwork on our unreliable website and keep the receipt and we promise that we won't come to your house and and shoot you.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's pretty sound.
Speaker 2: That sounds is comforting, right.
Speaker 3: I never a lot of confidence in that, of course, not.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're so reliable. But the thing I'm super worried about is people who are gun nuts, people who are like enthusiasts. We keep up on the news, we keep up on this stuff. We're paying attention. We're not going to get caught on the worse. But for example, when I was preparing for this book release, I was in a marketing meeting with a bunch of publishing people and they were talking about current events. I said, well, the ATF is going to drop their brace rules pretty soon, and uh so I need to be prepared to talk about that and that's going to affect a lot of people. And we just kind of moved on to the meeting because I didn't really was where if need these people were gunning people or not. And this one woman stops me and she said, well, well, can we back up a second? What new ATF braceful? And I had to explain this to her. She didn't keep up, as she owned one of these and she had just bought one, and uh and because she went into a store and bought it, it was perfectly legal. So how would she know that the ATF has pulled this bait and switch and she's now in possession of a feling If she hadn't been having a conversation with me about this book for marketing purposes, she would have just had an illegal gun sitting in her closet. And you know what happens in a couple of years that if she didn't register and the AHF, I mean, it's ten year prison sentence.
Speaker 3: You know, this is really outrageous here. And you know, obviously Steve Dentelback, I guess, is the new ATF director as of July of this year, of believing last year twenty twenty two. Obviously, there's a lot of people that are confused, and I think a lot of Second Amendment fans out there are particularly outraged, and obviously, Larry in a future interview, I'd like to follow up with you, if you're so kind to do this, but in a short time we have left today. I wanted to cover a couple of outstanding things that people really need to know about. I teach this and are concealed carry permit classes here in Arizona, and I tell people that the federal gun free zone is something out there that can be very problematic if you're not really knowledgeable about the law. But describe to us why gun free zones obviously are more dangerous for law abiding citizens. And then I wanted to have you go on to talk a little bit. This is a subject we could do for hours on red flag laws. These are two things, don't you think obviously that are so important to fire our owners out there, and also a death zone many people's opinions when they have these gun free school zones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gun free zone. First off, it's just a hunting berserve for innocent people, right, we know for a fact. And I go into this in great deal in the book, and I look at a bunch of cases and look at the stats. The vast overwhelming majority of mass killings happen in places where guns are banned for regular people because criminals don't care. And we know that these guys that are on a mission to kill as many people as possible or trying to make some kind of statement, they prefer gun free zones because they have straight up told us in their manifestos that they do. We have cases where they said, I am going to go shoot this place because I know that people aren't allowed to fight back, they're going to be disarmed. I could shoot more them. And what happens is the only thing that stops a mass killer is a violent response. That violent response can either be immediate from somebody who is present, or it's going to be when the cops come, and that could be five minutes, ten minutes, twenty minutes, an hour. And during that time, the bad guy gets to work. And the media is complicit in this because the media will then make them famous, just like the one in the media talk about them and hold them up and put them on the cover of Rolling Stone. So it's the sixth cycle or these things happen in clumps, where then the next disaffected losers like, okay, I need to get a big body count so I can be famous too. And then where do they go. They go to schools, they go to movie theaters that have a no guns allowed sign posted, They go to the mall it says no guns allowed. And what stops these cases are violent response to that violent sponse be a cop, it could be a regular person and the gun banners. I was at to say, well, the good guy with a gun is a myth. Well, in this book, I have hundreds of these myths. I have hundreds of cases and examples, and I link to places where you can find thousands of these if people collect them, where individual citizens stopped somebody who was trying to do something horrible, they stopped them earlier. And then red flags is, oh boy, that is a whole nother can of worms, because that is one of those newer ones and is a flawed idea. It's a logically fought idea, and it's twofold. If you report somebody as being a danger to themselves and others and armed, and the judge stamps off and says, okay, this person's in red flag, then the cops come and raid your house and take your guns away. Well, now, if you're innocent and you haven't done anything wrong, you have to spend hours in court and spending money on lawyers to get your rights back, and you can have these reports put on you by the worst people in the world.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I mean, let's say this way, you could have a disgruntled spouse or something like that. I mean, oh yeah, a gold friend a boyfriend. I mean, it could reverse itself from the other side. It doesn't have to be just you know, women being mad at men. It could be anybody.
Speaker 2: That's puts so dangerous, abusive stalkers, right, we had a stalker. We've had stalkers call in red flags against their victims so they're victims would be disarmed.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, Larry, this is amazing stuff. But I want to remind everybody the reason we're doing this interview today is because we honestly wholeheartedly support the Second Amendment, both of us, not just the person on this end of the microphone. That's just you know, maybe maybe I'll read the book kind of thing. I'd read it from front to back. Clivergon, I had to call you a friend and also a person who believes in the right of self defense. The book from Regnary Press by Larry Korea, again in defense of the Second Amendment, available where all good books are sold.
Speaker 1: You get the last word.
Speaker 3: We got about a minute or so, and just appreciate your time, Larry to talk about this, and you know, I just hope that we can get a better resolution on the brace issue and all the other things that are going down here. But people need to understand the Second Amendment is in place, and thank god it is that they're not looking any time. Well, maybe some people wanted to take it away, but not in our time. I don't think. At least we have the Supreme Court now and hopefully individuals that will realize the human right of self defense is so important. So you get the last word, I would say, I just invite people to check this out. I hope it helps.
Speaker 2: Like I said, for people who are already on the side of guns in a second Amendment, I hope that give you facts and a kind of a handy little reference guy that you can use in your arguments, try to sway your loved ones. And also for people who are on the fence, people who are thinking about it, but they haven't really made that decision. I just want to arm you guys with knowledge and then you decide for yourselves and it just get educated and do the right thing. And I hope this helps. I hope you guys like it.
Speaker 3: Well, Thank you, Larry. And I'm a little concerned about where this nation is headed. You know, anyone who's trying to politicize or demonize these things, that's something you really have to pay attention to. And I just hope everybody to this particular interview at least has an open mind to at least look at some of the things that are happening and love them, judge for themselves. But the vast majority of people that I talk to, Larry, from all walks of life, they believe strongly in our country and our constitution, our Bill of Rights, and of course our Second Amendment rights. I want to thank you for joining us today. Please stay on the line here as we go to the break. Larry Korea, Ladies and gentlemen, the author of this book again in defense of the Second Amendment. Get it where other wherever good books are sold. You're listening to me, Doctor Sky on the Doctor Sky Experience. Proud to be part of this particular radio station, Talk Radio seventy seven WABC out of New York, around the nation and around the world, and probably even out of the universe. We call it the crown Jewel of radio, the iconic talk radio station seventy seven WABC. We thank you for your time and well, we always say, from the other side of the fence, I always remember to keep your eyes to the skies. And what do we also say in this particular interview. We say it and we mean it. Larry, always refuse to be a victim, because a victim is simply someone with no options. Always want fight back legally and responsibly. And Larry, I think you would wholeheartedly agree with that statement
Speaker 2: Right I would, yes, absolutely, Thank you sir for your time.