Speaker 1: Five o five Happy you k r s the talk station every Friday Eve a vacation.
Speaker 2: Yep, I wish we could just play that whole song. Oh look, futures are off, Happy Happy Friday, Eve Thursday, call it what you want. Almost at the end of the week and you gotta be on vacation next week, looking forward to exhaling and sleeping in a mental health week.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's what it's all about anyhow, what's all about here in the fifty five Morning Show. Get to see Sean mc mannon there covering for Joe's tracker. The things will be well in hand. Did have a couple of technical difficulties yesterday, but no big deal. Got them all ironed out, and I think we're gonna get the return of Daniel Davis. We didn't get hear from Daniel Davis on Tuesday because of the technical difficulty and Shaun's nod and has had an approval. Yes tomorrow we'll have him on. I believe what was it seven thirty is what you got seven thirty, So we'll still get that update on what's going on in Ukraine and Russia, which is kind of fallen off the map at least in terms of reporting on it. You know, it was dominating the news and back and forth. It's amazing how the news cycle changes. I know that ward in the conflict is still going on, just don't really have quite a handle on where it is. I think the latest news I read as Russia was making further inroads into Ukrainian territory, which I think that's what Daniel Davis has been pointing out for the last several months, not full year anyway.
Speaker 1: What's coming up today?
Speaker 2: George Redman and studio restored Lardy dot Us events on Sunday, talked a little bit about yesterday with Americans for Prosperities Donovan O'Neil. On that one, we'll hear more from George, who's going to be in studio, and we'll also hear in the seven o'clock hour from Congressman Warren Davidson. It'll be good timing for that one. House passed a bill yesterday to limit nationwide injunctions by district court judges. Future uncertain in the Senate, I will assure you on that one. Speaker Johnson also delayed the vote on the Senate budget resolution. A lot of conservative Republicans holding out for promises of greater cuts to government spending, which if you're going to hold out for something, I think that's a worthy holdout. And the Senate has a paltry four billion over ten years, which is they spill more than that on a daily basis in the federal government. But anyway, we'll hear from Congressman Davidson on a variety of topics. Of course, we have no shortage of topics to talk about. Brian Resider with the book Landridge, Cash Poor, My Family's Hope and the Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer. Brian's going to join the program in eight of five talk about that book. And of course I have a lot of farmers in my lineage, including the fact that I married out of my element OutKick my coverage with my wife, daughter of a dairy farmer. And while I have never you know, you can't fully appreciate the life of a small farmer, especially a dairy farmer, until you see what it requires. And oh my word, it is the toughest job. They're all, I mean, they're proud of what they do, the work that they put in on the farm. And you know, again, dairy farmers you got to milk those cows twice a day, or they don't produce and you don't get any income. You can't leave, or you have to have other people there to take over the job of milk and cows every day. It's just amazing how much work's involved in that. And it's not exactly a fat bank job either. My wife did not grow up in the lap of luxury at all, but she understands the value of hard work. And I always like to point out it's an interesting thing. You know, they never really had much. Her dad built their house with his own two hands. You might think, oh, it's probably a ramshackle house. No, you know, not large ranch shaw house. But I was always amazed at the brick work. The man was not Amazon. But you you could take a ruler with millimeters on it and go around the entire house and measure the width of the mortar between the bricks that he laid himself, and you couldn't. It wouldn't be a millimeter off. Everything was absolutely perfectly laid. And again, he wasn't amazing. He wasn't a trained brick layer. I don't know how he figured it out, but he did. That's the kind of thing you had to do. She grew up in a small, small house, three total bedrooms, her her twin brother, and her two sisters. You spend most of your time outside. There wasn't a whole lot of room to roam around inside the house, canning your own food and the interesting story, you know, when you get it used to a lot of amenities. And then the nineteen seventies, stagflation comes in and people are struggling, and people are without jobs, and people are you know, complaining over the prime I remember people complaining of the price of coffee. A gasoline with shortage. You had lines around the corner rationing of gasoline and things like that. You know, you had your if your license play ended in an odd number or an even number, you were allowed to fill up or you weren't, in order to keep the lines of traffic down. For gas stations, I actually had gas. They didn't know any that was going on, really, I mean, maybe aware of it because of the news, but their life didn't change. They went on with their lives day to day. Nothing changed, you know, they didn't struggle or suffer more because of what was going on in the world. But then again, you know, when things bounce back, their lives didn't bounce back any greater than it was. It was a sort of a static line. And it's kind of an interesting and you know, I think fascinating, a neat concept. But when you're pretty much self sufficient, that's the way it is. You up happy. I don't know. Anyway, we'll talk about the American farmer eight to five started golf on that tangent. Jay Ratle, fireheart media aviation expert. I always looked forward to Thursdays at ay thirty. Today, unruly passenger causes a sixteen hour delay, calls for a boycott after airline is selected for ice deportation flights naturally and an emotional support animal mix up strand as a passenger and her emotional support support animal in Puerto Rico. Good stories of Jay. So what happened yesterday? Wow?
Speaker 1: The stock market bounce back.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump announced that he was pausing the reciprocal tariffs and went into effect for ninety days, and of course raised the rates on China, who seems to be the only country out there that's not willing to play ball. Trump said he'd authorized a ninety eight pause and substantially low reciprocal tariffs during this period of down to ten percent across the board, which was prepared anyway effective immediately decision and the pause and the full impact of the tariffs. Because more than seventy five countries have already reached out to the White House to negotiate a solution on the new duties, he said, those countries also have not retaliated in any way, shape or form against the US, which was what he said up front. Here, I'm gonna here's all these tariffs are gonna throw on you. Seventy five percent for you, thirty five percent for you, depends on what their tariffs were on US goods. Of course they weren't as high as some of the countries had on our goods. But he said, hey, you want to negotiate, come on, let's negotiate. You don't want to negotiate, We're gonna leave it that way, or maybe even get worse, which is exactly what happened with Beijing. China now facing one hundred and twenty five percent tariff that hours after Beijing said it would be imposing higher tariffs on US products. I think they bumped theirs up eighty five percent, so not wanting to play ball, you get worse tariffs, or it's going to remain the status quo. You want to play ball, you get a tariff pause. Now, all this argument in this discussion exists outside of the realm whether any of this is within the executive branches authority. And of course we had these conversations yesterday, of course with Judge Ednita, Poloitano and others have also observed, like Congressman Massey, that you know, this may be extra constitutional, but ignoring the legal realities of what's going on, it's literally going on before our very eyes. And what happened. The stock market blew up in a good way. Everybody's screaming and moaning, yelling, oh my god, we're all gonna die. We're gonna go into a recession. And I don't know what's gonna happen today, But futures are up. If I'm looking at this correctly, and I'm staring at the top scroll of the Wall Street Journal, which has futures, they're all up for this morning after yesterday, huge jump after Trump's announcement on this pause yesterday, Jones Industrial Average jump more than two thousand points five point seven percent, and I think if I'm looking at this morning's futures, it looks like seven point eighty seven percent up this morning NASDAK eight point seven percent bump, and right now I'm staring at twelve point one point six on the future scroll up. S and P five hundred probably the best indicator of the you know, at least business health as opposed to the S and P or as opposed to the Dow Industrial Average. We hear that about that from Brian James all the time as well as others. S and P up six point eight percent yesterday, at least as of the reporting on the article I'm looking at. But across the board, the markets went through the roof, erasing all of the losses that people struggled with over the last several days after the TERFF announcements. So negotiations in play. Maybe we'll come up with some free trade that would be good for the global economy, I would argue, And look Canada, Canadian Prime Minister Mark Karney pledged yesterday to negotiate new economic and security relationship with the United States. This after he announced the pause, the pause and reciprocal terrence and now by President Trump. He said, is a welcome reprieve for the global economy. As President Trump and I have agreed the US president and a Canadian Prime minister will commence negotiations on a new economic policy and security relationship immediately following the federal election. That is what Canadian Prime Minister Carney said. He goes, you know, after the federal following the federal election in which he is projicted projected now to win again, So.
Speaker 1: Carni wrote.
Speaker 2: As part of today's announcement, the President has a signaled that the US will engage in bilateral negotiations with a number of other countries. This will likely result in a fundamental restructuring of the global trading system. In that context, Canada must also continue to deepen its relationship with trading partners that share our values, including the free and open exchange of good services and ideas. And that's exactly what Trump was hoping to accomplish. Imagine that bold in a China Chop attitude. Yeah, maybe bold. Could any other president have tried to accomplish this?
Speaker 1: Yes? Did any of them try to accomplish this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And the trade imbalances continue to grow and grow and grow, and I'm not quite sure what's going to happen with China? You know, they do rely on us heavily. Hundreds of billions of dollars we buy in Chinese made products, and this is going to have a profound impact on that. Yes, as we all know, you're to is going to be more expensive. I don't know if they make toasters in other countries, countries with whom we may negotiate a better trade relationship. Could be that that toaster may be manufactured in oh, I don't know, India or some other country. We're not making them, that's for sure, but it may be that we can get those items and goods from some other countries that we have established a better trade relationship with. I know that would create a trade imbalance with those countries because we'd be buying all this stuff rather than from China from them. But at least of the countries that come immediately to mind, that might have a less expensive manufacturing position because for all the reasons China does you know, no osha, no EPA, no regulations, cheap labor. At least they don't want to destroy us, which of course the Chinese Communist Party has hell bent on doing. Five eighteen fifty five Cacity Talk station five on three seven four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Crabbage.
Speaker 1: Mike's calling in. We're going to get an update on last night's UH celebration, the return of the Honor Flight. Looking forward to that hang around, be right back. This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: You're in the futures. I just did an update on it from a different site. The Wall Street Journal had an updated their futures. So it looks like futures SMP down about one point four percent, NASTAC one point eight and now one point seven in early trading.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Let me go back over to the phones. Cribbage. Mike, my submariner friend. You were there Honor Flight tri State yesterday, first one of the season. How did it go?
Speaker 4: Man, Brian?
Speaker 5: From start to finish, Just another phenomenal day from the send off, the whole day in DC and then to come home, which is another tremendous support from the community and their family members. You know, just when you think it can't get any better, and just what a great outpouring of love and patriotism for those eighteen hours, for those Korean and Vietnam.
Speaker 1: War veterans eighteen hour day.
Speaker 2: For some of those guys are are getting up in years too, and that's it's great that they're we're able to climb that hill and just keep going and going and going. But the adrenaline flows on those days. You said you couldn't get any better, and it apparently did. You've been there for a lot of these welcome home ceremonies as well as on honor flights. Was there a bigger turnout this year? Do you think this time?
Speaker 6: You think they just.
Speaker 5: Continue to grow because I call them my Honor flight alumni because you see a lot of people now in the outskirts of the parade route wearing those gold shirts and a couple of times, I remember last October flight I had them, I says someone on the flight. He says, oh, no, I just had to be here again to experience this. You know, they estimate between like twelve and fifteen hundred. In fact, there's a beautiful over hang like a balcony that's filling up more because really during the whole Horseshoe parade route, they're about five or sixty and just a thunderous applause because we start to parade all the way in the entrance to the ticketing area and of course throw all the way down the other end. I mean, they can hear the bagpipes and it's just you know, I know what's coming, you know, And like you say that, they're glad to be home. So there's a little bit of rejuvenation when they get off that plane, but as soon as they really realize what's waiting for them, just like you said, allergy moment. But oh yeah, spring flights are so special in DC because you get a lot of eighth grade and high school trips to our nation's capital, right and on three different on three different occasions, there was a eighth grade from Columbus that went out of their way to shake their hands when we were at the World War Two Memorial. When we were at the Marine Memorial, the Regima, you know iconic flag raising statue, there was a group a high school cliffs from Los Angeles and the one father said that as we were breaking up from our picture, he said, could a couple of the vet's stand with our students? He said, because my father fought in Vietnam and I want to be able to tell them what these men did.
Speaker 2: Oh that's outstanding, just awesome. Yeah, that was one of those allergy inspiring moments when I was lucky enough to be in an honor flight. It was also at the World War Two Memorial and I had a World War Two veteran I was escorting, and we had a group of I can't remember eight or ten young people, you know, K through twelve. I'd say that maybe fifth grade, sixth grade come up and shake their hands and it was like it just, you know, at no prodding from an adult, they just seem to wander over and shake the hands of the veteran I was accompanying. And how about in the welcome home ceremony where they're young people there as well.
Speaker 5: I would say at this point at at least twenty to twenty five percent. And I sent you to those pictures. The one picture of the two young ladies holding the very treasured triangle flag that we take on every flight. Those are the Ziegler girls are from the Cleaves area. They've even been interviewed nationally. They are like our Lemon eight stan little girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The other one, I believe she's about ten now. She has been at every welcome home for the last five years they do fundraising. Between the two of them and of course their mother, they've raised an excess of thirty thousand dollars on a flight and you ask them why and they said, we just love our veterans.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so amazing. God, I'll get ready to have an allergy moment right now, Mike. Oh that's really awesome. Well, God bless you for the work you do for Honest Flight throughout the year, and thank you for providing the update. I really was looking forward to hearing from you this morning because I honestly, if I had to put all my money down on something, I would have put it down on exactly what you just got done, saying that it was a huge turnout and that you know a lot, and that young people actually showed up. I try to encourage that, Mike, because it's a great opportunity for young people to experience something they probably rarely experience, and that's a healthy dose of patriotism and respect for the American military and those who have served, so including you, Mike.
Speaker 5: Thank you, sir, May twenty first circle of your calendar. Now when they May twenty first, nine pm.
Speaker 1: Be there, amen, and you'll hear about it from me as well in advance. Thanks brother, we'll talk real soon. Man five twenty six. Right now, if you five cares to the talk station stories or phone calls, their phone calls are always welcome here in the morning show, regardless of which way we go. I'll be back after these prief words and a happy Thursday. See now, I don't know which future is index to look at. They keep changing. I look at different sources and they are different.
Speaker 2: Wherever I go something there, it's likely twelve percent up and some say one point down.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyway.
Speaker 2: I know everybody got their money back yesterday as long as you didn't pull it out of the market, including west Side Jim. I will not tell you specifically what he lost over the past week, but he got it all back plus some yesterday. And the other reason I bring up west Side Jim in the text he sent me two days into early voting, and I got this text last night about seven Only one hundred and fifty six votes have been cast in the City of Cincinnati. The Board of Elections, which he referred to as pathetic with an exclamation point. City of Cincinnati residents, it's early voting time. Let's get out there and cast a vote for Corey Bowman, good Man.
Speaker 1: Eddie how Ohio. That's the state budget.
Speaker 2: I only have a couple of highlights on it because that's all that was reported. Four thousand page omnibus bill passed sixty to thirty nine. Five Republicans said no. Some are saying there's a slash in public education funding. Some are calling it an increase. This is one of the big arguments going back and forth. The proposed budget gives two hundred and twenty six million. Proponents for greater school fundings say it should be closer to eight hundred million. Finance Chair Brian Stewart of Ashville said that the two twenty six is actually an increase from the amount that the school's got in twenty twenty five. Some the Democrats argue, say that's misleading. I don't know what the reality is on that one. But the reason I bring it up.
Speaker 1: Since I don't have a whole lot of details, So it's in that four thousand page omnibus. Guess what, Yeah, money for the Cleveland Browns. Lawmakers agreed to put six hundred million in bonds toward the new Browns stadium. This one of and seventy six acre mixed use project that the Haslam owners of the Browns family wants. At least according to uh Thank Morgan Scharbe believe this is WCPO news reporting, the state is going to end up paying about one billion dollars to pay off the debt over twenty five years. Browns are asking the state to borrow six hundred million for the new stadium by issuing bonds that the state would then repay. That will be you repaying with interest including increased sales tax revenues, income tax revenues, and commercial activity tax revenues from this what they call Brook Park project. The stadium total costs two point four billion dollars just just blows my mind. Cour to the team, they say half of that's going to come from private sources and the public meaning the taxpayer is going to put the rest of the bill Kuihoga County taxpayers, among others, six hundred million going to be coming from them. The remaining six hundred million dollars from this date, which means that's you and me feel good about that.
Speaker 2: Something I ran into this morning and thankfully the traffic diversion was diverting people off I seventy one south onto the Montgomery Road exit, which is the exit I take anyway. And I was wondering and puzzling while the cones were put up and the police were there. That's because a semi tractor trailer hauling forty thousand pounds of cheese overturned just south of that Montgomery Road exit, in between Montgomery and Kenwood Road. So they were routing people off Montgomery and having them reroute around to Kenwood Road and then get back on seventy one at Kenwood. No injuries reported, No cheese spilled onto the highway. Chan drove past that the high speed lane going northbound. It was the semi and the accident had intruded into the northbound lane, but he didn't stop and get cheese. Let's shut down about eleven thirty pm last evening, according to Sergeant Robert May of the Hamilton County Sheriff's Officers. So I guess it's still being cleaned up. I have no idea because I can't look out a window because I don't have one. In other local stories, a Green township man's been accused of following a senior citizen home and robbing him of his car at gunpoint, leading police on a chase. Twenty seven year old Mark Adam's now facing charges of aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery, and fleeing police. Green Township Police say Adams followed an elderly man home from a Kroger on Glenway Avenue Tuesday. When the victim parked his car in the attached garage, Adams pointed a gun at them and stole the car. Victim called nine to one one police started following. The officers said they had to stop chasing at it because he was driving recklessly and putting people's lives at risk. They later found the stolen car parked behind a house Adam's estate at Police said they also found documents with the victim's name on them inside the home. Adams now at the Hamilton County Detention Center on a three hundred thousand dollars bond. Obviously did not appear in front of Judge Silverstein. Five thirty five fifty five care see the talk station you an I have any problem?
Speaker 1: It's five forty coming up with five forty one if the five KR see the talk station five one, three, seven, four nine to fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk five fifty on AT and T phones Doctor j Risser, we're doing that empower you summinar tonight seven PM about health and most notably a lot of information about COVID nineteen. He did some real teasing with the promotion.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we was on the program talking about how they pulled VOCs off the market after reported reportedly seven thousand reported incidents of problems associated with taken that with with with with using vox and I remember that was like all the rays to deal with arthritic pain in a while a long time ago, there were thirty thousand such complaints to I guess the sea or wherever these incidents are reported regarding the COVID nineteen vaccine. Was that pulled off the market? Nope, So just one of the topics he's going to be talking about during the seminarch and I should be fascinating anyhow. Over the stack is stupid. A teenage customer was choked by a McDonald's worker after the girl walked behind the counter to take some ranch dipping sauce after not being helped by an employee. This, according to Florida Police, seventeen year old return to McDonald's lobby when a Keen Samson, thirty one years old, grabbed her arm. According to the police report, when the teen tried to break free, Sampson allegedly grabbed her neck and took her to the ground, then, according to the complaint, choked the victim again while they were on the floor. This in Saint Petersburg, Florida. As his tradition. Criminal complaint doesn't reveal how much a many ranch packages, if any, were secured after the victim crossed the McDonald's front counter threshold.
Speaker 1: I love the smoking gun.
Speaker 2: Cops responded to McDonald's on Friday afternoon, note of the victim had visible injuries to her neck and elbow, adding at the incident was all captured on video. Of course, it was Samson charged with child abuse. She was released from the county jail that Friday evening after posting a twenty five hundred dollars bond and has pleaded not guilty to the felony count. Judge ordered Samson not to have any contact with the victim and directed her to stay away from the area of the defense, which as this smooking gun accurately observes will likely impact her tenure at McDonald's. E Let us go to Wayne Kunny, Kentucky. Monticello man arrested and is facing numerous charges of the police say he was found walking naked on a highway court to the recitation. Deputies at the Wayne County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a nude guy walking down Kentucky thirty two eighty six. There they located James K. King, who told deputies he was quote going to get some pants close quote. Officers said he appeared to be under the influence of a controlled substance and became disorderly, repeatedly kicking the door of the patrol car while being taken to jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there's your.
Speaker 2: Bubbling bomber stupidity, which I will admit, Sean, is the appropriate SoundBite to play here. But you know, I know a lot of people who smoke weed, and I went to college, and while I did not personally smoke weed, I was surrounded by people who smoke weed. Not one of them ever removed their clothes and started walking down the highway. So I don't think this was a marijuana related incident. Probably not, right, King been charged with indecent exposure second degree, public intoxication, controlled substance, and disorderly conduct second degree. Also arrested on six outstanding Wayne County District Court warrants, including multiple counts of contempt of court, failure to appear, public intoxication, criminal trespassing, and possession of drug paraphernalia and again probably not a bong. Court record show King left rehab on an agreed order related to several of the underlying charges. He was taken to the Wayne County Detention Center where I'm suspecting probably still less, stick around more stupid five fifty one at fifty five per CD talk station number five karosee dot com. Bet your podcast in your iHeartMedia app. Tha can listen wherever you happen to be, like my wife is listening right now in Chicago for her.
Speaker 1: Conference.
Speaker 2: Anyway, back over to the stack of stupid, we get another naked guy. This Altuna, Pennsylvania, where a naked guy who was allegedly only wearing shoes got arrested after a mother spotted him at Memorial Spray Park and Playground. Thirty six year old Bobby Lee Nicholson Altun arrested in charge with indiescent exposure and opened lewdness after the Altuna police were called to the area. This happened at the end of March March thirty. First criminal complaint says the momb called police while she was waiting for her child to finish dance lessons that she spotted this naked guy in the playground, saying his genitals were fully exposed. When police got there, she showed him a video of the guy running away. Had a witness helped direct police to where he ran off to. Police found pants on the playground that had a wallet and ID for Nicholson in the pocket. Nicholson quickly found and detained. According to the charging documents, he was placed into a police cruiser so no one else had to look at him. Also reportedly belligerent after being put into custody and taken to the Altuna police station. Police noted that they had to physically remove the shoes from his feet, which was the only thing he was actually wearing. They also saying the charging documents that he refused to give them an address. Placed in the Blair County Prison thirty five thousand dollars bail with a hearing schedule for the sixteenth set, Wanda go drugs on that one too. Enraged therapist. Oh my god, an enraged therapist. That's next level stuff. Anyway, She got arrested after finding her daughter in bed with a naked guy. Doctor Kimberly bird Rider, fifty eight arrested on a charge of battery in her home in the community of Oxford. I don't think that's our Oxford, to be quite honest with him.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Bird Writer's daughter contacted law enforcement and reported that her mother had just beat her up. This in the arrest report from the Wildwood Police Department. Described as a yoga specialist trained at Harvard University, bird Writer walked unannounced into her daughter's bedroom. That's where she found her with a man lying on the bed unclothed. Bird Writer ran at the pair, but her daughter stood up to protect her man friend. That's how he's described to the article. Bird Writer's struck her daughter in the face with an open hand. The man fled. Bird Writer was successful in kicking him prior to the quick exit, although it does not describe where she kicked him. Bird Writer told police that her daughter quote meets strange men on the internet and brings them back to their residence to have sex with them. Close quote said she doesn't know the men and is not comfortable with them staying at the residence, a position which I understand. But apparently this woman is of age. Bird Writer said she's asked her daughter several times not to bring the men into the house. Bird Writer booked into the sumter kind of detention center where she was initially held without bond. Well kick her out of the damn house. He's obviously an adult. This isn't a case that involves child molestation.
Speaker 6: UH.
Speaker 2: Minnesota woman who confessed in her personal journal that she, in her words, totally stole a car today exclamation point pleaded guilty to a felony car court a felony charge peeling the Appearing in district court, Vanessa Guerrera, thirty, copped to receiving stolen property in connection with the theft of a Ford van judge said Guerrera sentencing.
Speaker 1: Order and.
Speaker 2: They called it persistence investigation. I don't know what that is to be prepared by probation officers. Conviction carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison. Anyway, during the auto theft investigation, police determined that the stolen van worth two thousand dollars had been sold for scrap courting to the criminal complaint. Witnesses at the auto salvage business day that Guerrera brought the van in and sold it to them. Police probe investigator Andrew Conneckie was able to locate the journal belonging to Guerrera, which contained the incriminating entries. On the same day of the ford's owner discovery that the vehicle is missing. Guerrera road quote totally stole a car today, something I never thought of doing. Effings, super freaking out about it. Close quote. Guerra denied knowing that the vehicle was stolen when she was first confronted by Officer Kaneki or Sheriff KANECI, please obtain the journal from her mom, with whom Guerrera and her boyfriend had once resided. Prior to the rest. She'd been working as a door dash driver, previously convicted of theft, driving with a suspended license, driving without insurance, and was on probation when she stole the van.
Speaker 1: Idiot Yeah, five fifty six.
Speaker 2: To fifty five carers of Detalk station more to talk about in the top of the hour. After the top of the air news and of course an opportunity for you to steer the direction of the conversation. Feel free to call. I'll be right back if I think about the CD talk station. If everybody's having a happy Friday eighteenth, and let's see, here's get something really important out of the way while I'm talking and shouldn't be doing it right now. But I didn't say hello to my wife this morning. It is again in Chicago at a conference. So there's a couple of hearts showing her that I love her and telling her that I'm thinking about her. Thank you for indulging me on that. Getting out of my system while I move over to let you know. One hour from now, George Brunneman returns to the studio. He's gonna be talking about the Restored Liberty dot Us event. We talked touched on that yesterday with Americans for Prosperities Donovan O'Neil. The event is on Sunday and everybody's welcome. It's a tax event. So George of Restore Liberty dot Us at seven oh five fall by Congressman Warren David. So we certainly have a lot to talk about with him, including tariffs and Oh my god, the world was going to end up until yesterday when Donald Trump announced a ninety day pause because seventy so far seventy five countries have stepped up to tell Donald Trump and the Trump administration that they want to haggle. They're willing to sit down and negotiate better trade terms. So he said, okay, I'll pause for everybody who's willing to sit down with us and talk about it. We're gonna, you know, stop these tariffs from taking effect. China, however, went the opposite direction, so you know, they added eighty four percent tariff on US goods that are in the country after Donald Trump imposed one hundred and twenty five I don't number which back and forth, but they're going the exact opposite direction. But the market reacted quite favorably to Trump's pause and so great illustration. As I mentioned the last hour, Jim Keefer had lost a substantial amount during the sell off, and of course if you looked at your four oh one k or whatever else you had your stockholdings, you probably lost a significant amount as well. He got it all back and then some yesterday they described it as the third biggest sort market across the board market surge ever, or at least since World War two or something. But it was a massive reclaiming of the losses that had occurred, because, of course, the people are sitting down in the suggestion that we might engage in some open and free to way trade that's going to be good for everybody, so happy to see that, and again ignoring whether or not any of this is legal or within the executive powers. That's the conversation I had with Judgent in apo Altana yesterday, and you can feel free to look that up and listen to what he had to say, because it's probably not and I share his constitutional analysis of that. But this is the reality we live in. There is that nineteen seventy seven law that allows an emergency emergency authorization to use these tariffs, and that's what Trump asserted it under. And whether or not there is an actual emergency, because the fentanyl crisis was the original pretext for the Mexican Canadian increase of twenty five percent, and that apparently was interpretedly too. It was interverted too broad, and it impacted things far beyond Canada and Mexico. So he had to shift gears and claim we have an emergency which authorizes him to impose tariffs because of the trade imbalance. Well, the politano and the statistics pointed all out rightfully noted that the trade imbalance has existed since the nineteen thirty so not necessarily in an unforeseen unexpected event, which is what constituted it's an emergency. Plus, there's some question looming around there as to.
Speaker 1: Whether that that that that the executive branch can even take on a congressionally constitutionally delegated authority, which is the power of the purse spending. You exist within the powers of Congress, not the executive branch, and there's many Supreme Court presidents saying you can't pawn off this authority. So I don't think that's ever been tested in court. It may under these circumstances, But after yesterday's rebound, and if things keep going along swimmingly, there's not going to be a whole lot of I guess probably willingness to attack and go after these negotiations because they may lead to a better place for everybody. So I'm just trying to keep that in mind rather than you know, putting my constitutional and lawyer hat on and wondering whether any of this is actually legal or not, but you can rest assured at least as of yesterday, you got your money back if you didn't flee the markets. And Brian James on Money Monday would tell you never do that. Stocks go down, stocks go up, recessions happen, then they come out of them, and over time you always end up on top with long term investments.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Canada's already suggested better negotiations and new economic and security relationships. So say if Canadian Prime Minister Mark Karney, as I mentioned in the last hour, they're willing to sit down at the table to negotiate open and free trade. Yeah, Canada most also continue deep in its relationship with trading partners that share our values, including the free and open exchange of good services and ideas.
Speaker 1: Yet good.
Speaker 2: It's amazing what Trump's been able to accomplish in such a short period of time if you put things in context, and speaking of getting things done in a short period of time, I you know, related to nothing I've talked about this morning, but I thought it was a worthy exercise to talk about this exchange between Elon Musk and Chuck Schumer. Chuck, I'm starting to think you're getting a piece of the action with the government fraud. But no, that couldn't possibly be the reason, could it. That was a post he put on X earlier this week, and so Schumer had to respond to that, of course, because of course the Department of Government Efficiency has been exposing all the fraud, waste, and abuse, including social Security, and Schumer has been accusing of the Department of Governmental Efficiency of sabotaging his word social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, which is an absolute, outright lie.
Speaker 1: And I hate repeating myself on that.
Speaker 2: How does getting rid of you know, one hundred and fifty year old people off of active Social Security roles? Discovering that illegal immigrants to the tune of millions have been issued social Security numbers when they're not authorized or it's not legal for them to have them, under the circumstances that fraudulent payments have been flowing out within the Social Security Department for a long time. Medicaid obviously a lot of fraud involved in Medicaid. Millions of illegal immigrants now hooked up to the Medicaid system, which people are claiming that the Trump administration is trying to harm. If you get rid of them and take them off Medicaid because they're not eligible to be on in the first place. And you get take these folks off the rolls of taking money out of the Social Security funds, which really honestly don't exist. That's saving the system. So it's an outright lie when you say that they are trying to destroy those systems. They're doing more than any other administration prior to help save and salvage them by getting rid of well fraud. So Sumer fires back to this suggestion, sort of you know, tongue in cheek suggestion that hey, you're on the take. Could that possibly be the reason that you're against us doing what we're doing? Sumers responds, another elon lie. He wants you to think that anyone who dares to stand up to him is committing fraud. Here's the salient part. Meanwhile, he's taking tens of billions from the government. Close quote, Oh, so you went to work today and yesterday and then he passed. However long you've been in the work world paying federal taxes. He's taking tens of billions from the government because it's the government's money. In the hearts and minds of most leftists like Chuckie Schumer. Anyhow, it's an obvious lie, and you know, someone gets in your face and starts telling you that you know just well how to ask them how it is that the Trump administration or Elon Must specifically, or anybody involved in ferreting out all this crap is taking something away from you when every dollar they save that does not go out the door in fraud is actually a dollar that's going to actually go to someone who is within the legalities of Medicare, Medicaid social Security lawfully taking the money authorized to eligible for it. Meanwhile, over a socias security, the Social Security Administration announced this week that it's planning to perform an anti fraud check at least on claims filed by phone and walk back services over the phone quote beginning on April fourteenth. The agency announced on x the Social Security Administration will perform an anti fraud check on all claims filed over the telephone and flag claims that have fraud risk indicators. This after a DOGE findings of waste fraud abuse, such as non citizens getting the Social Security numbers and payments to accounts said to be one hundred two hundred and even three hundred years old. Again, how is eradicating those names off the active ranks something that's bad, unless, of course, if you believe Elon Musk's tongue and cheek comment that some of our politicians are benefiting from that. Why else would a politician reject the idea of getting rid of those active social and security numbers when these people clearly do not exist at least any longer. Don't you find something openly and obviously nefarious about that? I mean, they's so wed to the anything Trump or his administration does is bad position. That's something that they used to out loud advocate for. They're on tape, they're on video, they're on record. This campaign promises we're gonna ferret out the fraudways and bus over in the Social Security Department. But they never did anything about it. So it was okay when they said it and promised it, even though they didn't follow through on it. But now that the Trump.
Speaker 1: Administration does it, they can't even give them okay, you know what, I hate to have to agree with something Trump and his team are doing, but this is a good thing for the country. They're so wed to their anti Trump, evil orange man position that they can't even give him credit for something that should have been done a long time ago, something that should have been part of the core mission of all of these government entities to have a fiduciary obligation perspective on the dollars they have taken from you, to responsibly manage them to efficiently run their individual lettered agency. Doesn't that sound like something that's good for everybody? Isn't that it like an apolitical thing, something that lacks a partisan stripe. I mean, why can't we all embrace that concept?
Speaker 2: Well, because we'd have to give Trump credit for actually getting something done that we've been promising the American people for years. Maybe that's the reason or what started this rant. Maybe Elon Musk is onto something with his tongue in cheek comment about Schumert being on the take.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Something tells me if he's around long enough, and that team in doges around long enough, they may find the paper trail which will tell us one way or another. On the heels of that interesting comment from the White House Press Secretary and Donald Trump the prior day about this this unbelievable revelation that they found that we will soon find out about I'm waiting and waiting on that one. Maybe they've already established this paper trail. My popcorns out sixty sixteen fifty five KRCITY talk station. Feel hed to call five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T phone. I am pleased to recommend to you, and so many listeners have taken me up on my recommendation ussay insulation for better comfort in your home and energy savings. Of course, energy saving is a tough thing to accomplish these days, giving the electric bills keep going up and up and up. Maybe the Trump administration will do something about that. I can't guarantee that, but what I can guarantee you is six two fifty five krc DE Talk station, get a ready to go straight to the phone.
Speaker 1: He's got a couple of callers.
Speaker 2: Online beginning with order, which they received, was said Jim, Jim, good to hear from. I mentioned your named a couple of times this morning already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard that.
Speaker 7: Bryan's the reason I called in.
Speaker 1: Good morning, uh, good morning.
Speaker 7: You know, people need to just kind of settle back, if you know, talk to a financial planner or someone that handles your money or a four to one case. That's not in my case. I don't hit a four to one. But you know, this has happened before, and my guy got me off the ledge, and I kind of I knew it was going to happen, But the past couple of weeks you get a little bit anxious about when you see your your money going out the window and you wonder if it's going to come back. But I think Trump has actually come to reality that he's not God. He and he has to work with these people instead of sitting up there playing the puppet manster.
Speaker 2: Well, the people and you're referring to countries with whom we trade wanted to now work with Trump. They reached out and express a desire to do that, and so I guess it was his Treasury secretary. He said, listen, man, watch you back off the tariff. They're willing to come to the table. This is going to take a while to negotiate, so put a pause on it and let's see what happened. So he did that, and of course the markets reacted quite favorably. I mean the markets went through the roof of his record day of teff trading yesterday, and you didn't lose any money. If you didn't sell anything, you didn't lose anything. Because a financial plann would be quick to tell you that it's like what's my house worth. It's worth what it's worth the day you close, not before. You don't know what's my portfolio worth. Well, right now, at this moment in time, it's worth X, but tomorrow may be worth something less than X, and the day after maybe X plus.
Speaker 1: But it's the day you sell.
Speaker 2: It is when you know whether you had made a profit or took a loss. And that's all there is to it.
Speaker 1: Well, and the.
Speaker 7: People that got freaked out and took their money out right away or in the past couple of weeks, I know they're sorry they did it. But you know what you do now is you sit back and wait for about sixty to seventy seventy five eighty days, and then when that ninety day ringing the bell is going to come up, then you do make some kind of an action because if you take it out now, you got losses and they're not they're not coming back.
Speaker 2: I mean, why you don't sew that's why you don't sew when the market drops like it did exactly. I mean, no one wants to see that happen. It does cause anxiety and concerns. But you know, there's a lot of market volatility these days, especially the way the stocks are traded with artificial intelligence factoring into it, and you got all these instantaneous transactions done by computers stuff. It's not like the old days where you had to call up your broker and people looked at actual things that are important, like pe ratios. Sometimes people just trade on a whim, you know, meme stocks and things like that. It's a crazy thing out there. That's why I'm not involved with financial planning. I don't think about it. I never look at my four to one K until I have my sort of semi annual meeting with my financial planner and get a lay of the landscape. So that's why I don't get anxiety because I don't look. I don't know how much I lost two days ago, and I'm sure it was a good chunk. But I feel pretty confident, like you, Jim, that you made it all back yesterday. What's gonna happen today? Don't know, Dot Dallas Trading. Look at futures are down point smps down point one point four NASDAK futures one point six down. So we might lose a little bit of today. What will happen the next day, God only knows. Pat, hang on, I'll take your call in a minute, I'd say, already out of time. Here at six twenty six to fifty five KR City Talk Station. If one called six thirty two fifty five CAR CIT DE Talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred DY two three, you talk Brian Thomas here inviting me to call like Pat did. Pat, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome on the morning show.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you, Brian.
Speaker 7: I'm embarrassed it's Cole Raine involved in this voting today.
Speaker 1: No city of Cincinnati, Okay, well I can't actually I can't speak to anything outside of the City of Cincinnati because I've been focused on Corey Bowman and the primary. But early voting started, and that it's one of the things I brought up earlier because Westside Jim Keeper was already disappointed in the numbers of people who have voted early. It's only one hundred and fifty six as of yesterday afternoon, so it's easy to do. Hammon Kenny Bard of Elections has all the information posted on the website, which is vote Hamilton Countyohio dot gov, so you can probably find out the answer to your question right there. I'd vote Hamilton County, Ohio dot gov.
Speaker 6: So okay, sure thingk Pat, you have a great day.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling six thirty comingup with six thirty three. Yeah, southbound seventy one. I don't know if they cleaned it up yet, but a semi tractor trailer hauling forty pounds of cheese flipped over the southbound lane. Happened overnight about eleven thirty last evening, and it was closed as of this morning. When I was pulling in to the Montgomery Road exit, and thankfully that's where they were diverting people, so I got diverted right off or where I normally divert anyway, moving people down to Kenwood and then Kenwood back on to seventy one. So they're cleaning it up. Wreckord was on the scene and my producer for Today Covin for Joe Strekker, Sean McMahon said he drove past the coming northbound the northbound lanes were closed because most of some of the wreck had, you know, crossed over the dividing strip Therehile House passed the budget and you're not going to be happy about it. Ignoring everything else, Let's focus on stupid six hundred million dollars from for bonds for the grand and glorious mega complex for the Cleveland Browns. While makers agreed to put six hundred million in bonds toward the new Brown Stadium, a one hundred and seventy six acre mixed use project filled with stuff and things, they asked the state to borrow six hundred million for the new stadium by issuing bonds debt the state would then repay with interest using increased sales tax revenues, income tax revenues, and commercial activity tax revenues from the entire Brook Park project. Taxpayers basically on the hook for that. They say it would cost the state one billion dollars to pay off that debt over twenty five years. Stadium cost two point four billion. Every time I read that, it just puts bile up in my throat. Half of it from private sources, they claim, the public footing the rest of the bill six hundred million coming from local governments like Cuyahoga County taxpayers. So they're going to feel the sting that Hamilton County taxpayers did with the Paul at the formerly known Paul Brown Stadium, and then the remaining six hundred million coming from the state.
Speaker 5: Why don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 2: Well they're you know that might apply normally, but you know, this was the vote on this budget package, sixty to thirty nine, five Republicans voting against it. So the vast majority of this is coming from Republicans which run Columbus. It is a deep, deep, deep red state. Sean, Okay, I give you a pass on that. See I could correct the record. Gave me an opportunity to remind me folks that Republicans do stupid things as well. Six thirty five. If you have Karcite talk station, maybe feel differently about that one. You're not going to change my mind on taxpayer funded stadiums. Six forty one fifty about kars De talk station.
Speaker 1: See, I don't know everything. That's why I rely on smart people.
Speaker 2: In this particular case, George Brenneman is going to be in studio off the top of the R News. We got a whole bunch of different topics to talk about, including the event on Sunday, So it's not just that issue too. Based on Pat's call, Issue two is on the bile for the entire state of ohiouse everybody. Hamilton kind of needs to get out there and vote, and he says vote no on issue too, So we'll talk about issue too when he comes into studio after the top of the R News. So there is the correct answer to the question posed by Pat and apologies, I didn't have that in the forefront of my mind. But then again, you know, I got limited random access memory going on up there, and the older I get, the less space there is in there. It's like when you choose to commit to something to memory, you've got to like throw something out that's in your hard drive. I've I think this is kind of way my life goes. Anyway, I'll read this real quick here because if you weren't listening this morning, in the five o'clock hour, we heard from Curbage Mike my submarine, her friend who is very very much involved in Honor Fly Try State. Dianne Benicki, the ambassador for Honor Fly Try State, issued this to everyone. She just quick note to say thanks to all to made the trip out to CVG for the all caps best welcome home ever, which is kind of the way Mike described it. The ambassadors and the sales tables scattered throughout. We're able to answer questions. Thanks to the Essaar and Dar and others who made up the color guard. Thanks to the Hibernians and the Emerald Society pipes and drums who so wonderfully led the parade. Thanks to the staff at CVG for loading as part of their space for the celebration. And a heartfelt thank you to those who gave handshakes and kisses to those veterans returning from the trip of a lifetime. Most of these returning last evening did not receive this kind of welcome upon the return from duty. And of course she's referred to the Vietnam vetters, which made up the mass of the majority of those there. She writes, I saw a great deal of emotion in the eyes as well as amazement at the size of the crowd. Thanks again, remember we do this again. Put it on your calend Wednesday, May twenty first. Hope to see you then. It is a wonderful event to attend the return home celebration. So thanks to everybody, he was able to make it. And I got a big chuckle out of this. I guess this masa make America's showers great again. Donald Trump did another executive order yesterday repealing a ruling by the prior administration and the Obama administration restricting water flow from shower heads. Back in twenty twenty one, the Department of Energy under Biden reversed a Trump era rule that had removed the Obama administration's limitations on the flow of water from your shower head at two point five gallons per minute. So one administration, you know, screws you over, and another one comes in and gives you the freedom to choose, and then, of course the following administration, under a different political persuasion, takes the right to choose away from you. And in terms of shower head, I would much prefer a higher flowing shower head. And that's kind of how I got a chuckle out of this article, because apparently Donald Trump likes it too. So yesterday in the Oval Office, Trump recented the Biden air's standards and said this, he's so goofy. Sometimes in my case, I like to take a nice shower to take care of my beautiful hair, I have to stand under the shower for fifteen minutes until it gets wet. It comes out, drip, drip, drip. It's ridiculous. And he'd made prior statements to that effect before, but apparently in connection with this executive order, they called how and they called out how much legal ease was used to define, you know, a showerhead, saying the Biden administration was a The Biden definition was a staggering thirteen thousand words the Oxford English Dictionary, by contrast, to find showerhead in one short sentence. So the order apparently impacted other limitations done by the Obama and Biden administrations for everyday utilities such as gas stoves, water heaters, washing machines, furnishes, and dishwashers, noting that this administration will aim to end quote Biden's dumb war on things that work. Close quote amen to that, listen. I'm all about choice. If there's a more efficient product out there and it's available, fine, but don't take away ones that work from us. Quite often, they these so called more efficient products cost you a lot more money to acquire, and this is another illustration of you know, who's the fascist, the government that's telling a manufacturer they must limit their product to do x, Y or z and it may not exceed some random arbitrary figure like two point five gallons per minute. Where did that come from? Why isn't a two point eight or two point one? I don't know. Oh, I'm sure they've got statistics that you and I paid for some random government study to say two point five is about all the people can tolerate. But offering one that uses less water, you can market that saying, you know, if your water bill is really high, why don't you choose one of these lower flowing shower heads or do what the vast majority of us do. There's that little restrict in there, that piece of plastic that's about, I don't know, a quarter inch wide. You stick a little knife or a pin or something in there, and you pop that guy out, and you magically turn a two point five gallon per minuted shower head into something that actually works.
Speaker 1: There is a workaround, but.
Speaker 2: Taking away the option of cooking with natural gas, for example, I mean, that's what works the best. I've been cooking with gas pretty much my entire life. My mom had an electric stove and it sucked, and she'd tell you the same thing. Restaurants use gas. It's immediately changeable temperature wise, it's really it works wonderfully. And how many emissions you think are put up by such a simple stove? And don't believe your home is being polluted by your gas stove. I mean, I got a blower right above mind that pulls all that out of the house. But even if you don't have one, the amount of pollutants that come out of it are very, very minimal. And of course people aren't dropping dead left and right because you use a gas stove. But that's just one cliance among many trying to take away your furnace from you, trying to take away you'r hot or your hot water heater from you, micromanaging industry and limiting the American people's choice in the name of some religion out there that many people don't believe in, including me. Offer it as a choice, let the consumer decide, much in the same way I argue about electric vehicles. Some people love them, some people don't. Let us choose and let the market forces decide. It's been a successful mechanism and a successful concept for almost as long as our country has been around, well up until the last couple of administrations. Anyway, six forty eight fifty five ker CD talk station, a forty six fifty three to fifty five pair CD talk station, and a very happy what a Friday eve to you?
Speaker 1: Kimber? Which date it is? George TETs because my wife's out of town.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: George Runneman in the studio restored Liberity dot us with a whole host of topics to talk about, including issue too.
Speaker 1: I just got the ballot language.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: It offers a.
Speaker 2: Two point five billion dollars in general obligation bond. This is the State of Ohio limited as two hundred fifty million dollars per year over ten years to fund the state capital improvements program via the Ohio Public Works Commission. Anyway, the cord to the Hio Public Works Commission, fifty six point seven percent of this bond money borrowed money that will have to pay interest on.
Speaker 1: We'll go to roads, and I gotta stop right there.
Speaker 2: But some of it's gonna go to water supply, some to wastewater management, some for bridges and culverts, and a tiny amount for storm routed utilities. But I thought we paid tax on gasoline to fund the roads. And I thought, you know, municipalities charged taxing the like for the game. But the gamp of the City of Cincinnati supposed to be taking care of roads and it doesn't. So we're supposed to allow the state to borrow two point five billion dollars to further fund something that's supposed to have already been funded. I'm sorry, I gotta go a hard no on that one. And well, I know George Runham has already told me to say vote no on issue too, but I take him at his word. But you know, having read the language, which you can find yourself. Just search Ohio Issue to twenty twenty five in your search engine and you two can read the lange, we'd and jar your own conclusions about that. I haven't seen the arguments for or against, but you know, I thought roads were supposed to have been paid for.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: More with George Brennman, followed by Congressman Warren Davidson. Congressman Davidson returns to the program at seven forty. We're gonna hear from Brian Rensinger about his book land Ridge Cash Poor, My Family's Hope and the Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer. He'll join the program in ETO five and then we get to hear from iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliffe every Thursday at eight thirty. An enjoyable conversation it always is, so.
Speaker 1: Don't go away.
Speaker 2: George Brenneman on a whole host of issues coming up after the top of the our News seven oh five the fifty bove kre CD talk station, A very Happy Friday Eve to you. Congressman Warren Davison coming up at seven forty. We'll hear in one hour Brian and Resider with his book Rich Cash for My Family's Hope and The Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer and Jay Ratliffe. I heard d aviation extper Day thirty, but as promised in studio from Restore Liberty dot Us, you should really check out what's going on there. George Brunneman. It's always a pleasure of seeing you in person and talking with you.
Speaker 1: I see again Brian, Well.
Speaker 2: Since it came up and you're the one that I'd forgotten all that issue too, it's made me a stealth issue that's exactly nobody's talking about it, and I'm like, what the hell is issued too? And I feel embarrassed because of course it's an issue that's on the ballot. Early voting has already started. It's not just City of Cincinnati, which I've been focusing on because you know, Corey Bowmen's been on the program, you know, like what freshing alternative to the current you know, Democrat runs city with all the problems and all the issues, and so issue too flew completely under my radar, to my embarrassment. But I'm happy to admit that, yeah, even I don't know everything that's going on, but a statewide issue, and it's a two point five billion dollar general obligation bond basically for infrastructure, including fifty six point seven percent of it apparently directed to roads.
Speaker 1: Well, they do the infrastructure stuff because they know it's easy to pass that. It's like doing a library levee or a child's you know, health levee or something. It's one of those things that they know will pass. But in this case they're actually putting it into the Ohio Constitution. Again, like you know, it seems anymore they can't get the legislature to do what they want, so they they stick it in the constitution. But it's basically like you say, billions of dollars in a slush fund. So it's a bond saying we're going to have this bond out there that they can use whenever they want for whatever projects they want, as long as it fits in that you know, infrastructure category. But bonds are basically future taxes. So if you're going to have this two point five billion dollar bond, it means at some point we're going to pay ten x that because it's a loan and you got interest rates and they're sky high now. So I mean, not only is it the wrong time to be taken a loan because of the instru it's just learn how to spend within your budget money well, and if.
Speaker 2: You need money for the roads, you know, again going back to inaction within the legislative branch. And of course we can see that in Washington, DC literally every day of the week over the past how many decades, right, But I think a more appropriate response to that would be a gasoline tax. I'm sorry, they just passed what two years ago by Billy Sites got us that one.
Speaker 1: It was right another thirty cents or something, and people got upset about that, and I understand being upset about that. But if you're driving a car, you're using the roads. Except if you're driving a Tesla Evil Teslas, you're not paying a gasoline tax. Maybe there should be an EV tax since they weighed so much more than other automobiles. They actually did that too, I forgot, did they. Yeah, so my hybrids, my cars are both hybrids, and so I got an extra I think it's like seventy five fifty bucks or something like that that I have to pay for my license plates because I don't use enough gas. Okay, Well to me, that's fair. You use the roads, pay for the wear and tear on the roads. Okay, but I live on the West Side, so like, like Corey likes to say, his speech is, we don't need speed bumps, we got potholes.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: Oh god, sunset here, I can bring that up right out of the gate. It's like it's like bringing up the streetcar when with five friends from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance are on the program.
Speaker 1: Anyhow. But so, yeah, there's issue two on the ballot. It's the only thing on the ballot. I think your color was from Cole Rain. So that's the only thing on the Cole Rain ballot. Okay, I think it's the only thing on most of them.
Speaker 2: But as Jim Keifer pointed out, as of yesterday, I suppose at the end of the day only one hundred and fifty six people had early voted. So was this about initiative that got issue too on the ballot?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Okay, I do not think so. So the slush fund is a desire from our elected officials in Columbus or some lobbyist firm that got had put on there. All right, that's the way Columbus tends to work. Well, I would go no, cause again, infrastructure more money. It's just a lot of extra money and it could go literally anywhere, and probably we'll be directed to well connected developers and contractors. Absolutely absolutely, all right, Well, we had a Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. Who's teaming up with you for the Sunday event? Yes, the Restore Liberty US Sunday event at Double Tree Suite's Blue Ash sixty three hundred East Kemper Road.
Speaker 2: Doors open at four point thirty. A complimentary good word for that, because it's a dinner buffet, complimentary dinner buffet at five pm with speakers starting out at six. Again, remind my listeners what the point of this Sunday event is. So it started out as a tax day rally. You remember in the good old tea party days, we used to have us all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The last one was actually in twenty twelve when I was president. Since a tea party Dan Regan Old and I did we demand a balanced budget amendment on Fountain Square in twenty twelve. We haven't had anything like that since, and so that's kind of where it started. But then the more we thought about it, the idea is we're living in a really unique time now where we have an actual chance to cut spending. We got Doze out there finding all of this ridiculous amounts of spending. You know, computer systems that don't talk to each other, and therefore we got millions of migrants on our Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. It's like, this is ridiculous. So the focus is going to be on the on the spending side of it. So why are we spending so much? How do we make these permanent and how do we push it down to the local level. You know, the state budget increased twenty percent. What the heck are they thinking other than I've heard part of that is the cask thank you of expanded Medicare, and now the federals aren't kicking in everything, so we have to pay that of Medicare and Medicaid, Medicaid Medicaid Medicare you pay for Medicaid, you get exactly. But and it was all funded by the federal government, so that made it a okay, like ninety percent covered by the federal government. But I remember arguing against that, saying that this day was coming that they were going to take that funding away.
Speaker 2: And now it's our problem to foot that bill right, and no work obligation. We have people who are able bodied, young people who are taking from you know, those who really qualify for assistance under Medicaid, so draining the resources and dollars from that. When there are job opportunities out there, I mean, the trades alone you can earn while you learn, have gainful employment and a career that will pay you quite quite well. Yes, I mean, you know, embrace the trades. You know, be an electrician, become a plumber, you contrary construction work. There are literally thousands of jobs available out there, and it's an interesting skill. I mean there's a difference between, you know, sitting in a desk using your brain all day and sitting at a job site using your hands and arms. I find both of them fulfilling. I don't know why they treat one differently than the other either. Of course, I grew up with a dad that you know, was a handyman. Did everything I didn't. I suggested, joke, black electrical tape or WD forty. If either of those didn't fix it, Dad, that would hire somebody out. And you know, necessity is the mother of invention. So when my wife and I bought our first house, we lived in oak Park, just outside of Chicago. While I was practicing up there, the house was one hundred and twenty five years old and it had been mostly updated by the prior owners. For that twenty percent that still need to work. That was before the internet. I would go to the library and I'd get a book on electrician you know really, yeah, I ran wire. I did hardwood floor work either. I even did plaster and lathe work. I had all kinds of woodworking projects and you know, I learned a lot because, you know, I didn't have a lot of extra money to hire somebody out to do it, and it's expensive to hire a contractor in Chicago. You think it's bad now here, Lord Almighty. You know, it's just was like, well, honey, we're either going to put that one off or I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Learn how to do how to do it, and it was fun. Well, YouTube nowadays is the easiest, and I wish I had YouTube back then. It really would have streamlined the process. Oh golly. Yeah. So, I mean, so it's getting back to the event that the idea was, we really wanted to emphasize what can happen now because it's such a unique time. Yeah. So we've got Corey Bowman's gonna be there talking about what his plans are for City of Cincinnati to get the budget under control. We got Adam Matthews Rodney Creech coming in from Columbus. Uh, Columbus is a big deal right now? Is income tax? Getting rid of the income tax? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh promise he wants to do that, and I had a conversation with him here. He's going to be at the Warren Kenny Lincoln Reagan Dinner tonight and I'm speaking there and.
Speaker 1: Oh you can be there as well. I'll see you there. Oh good, good, good. Yeah, they changed the shuffle.
Speaker 2: We shuffled who's doing what, and apparently I get to introduce VVK, which is a real honor and privilege, because I've had a tremendous matter respect from that guy since I interviewed when he out as a Woke Incorporated.
Speaker 1: Book same here. So I did a podcast with him real early on in that process, and I was just amazed. That guy is one of the smartest people I've ever met ever, and he's so enthusiastic and excited. I mean you can hear it in his voice. Oh yeah, about the future for all time, and his brain goes into overdrive. We started off the podcast with the joke that he's the valedictorian to Saint X. I'm a valed victorian from from Elder High School. I had to get my little digs in there. But every time we talk it he outranks you. No offense to my west side further out or that was a joke, But we actually got news yesterday that Vivek is going to be sending us a video message for the for the thing tomorrow, as is Bernie Marino to I mean Sunday Sunday. Sorry, Sunday Sunday. So if you come to the if you come to the Double Tree, you'll hear from Bernie Marino, you'll hear from Viveake. We're still trying to get Warren Davidson to send us something, but we'll give him a shout out when he's on here. Coming up on the program at seven forty this morning. Cool. But then we also have Mark Pokita. Have you ever interviewed Mark. He's with the Grassroots Freedom Initiative. He's going to give us sort of the facts on what's going on fiscal wise in Ohio. So he's going to talk a little bit about issue too. He's going to talk about the new budget, what they're doing with property taxes versus income taxes. So it should be a you know, a fairly eclectic presentation.
Speaker 2: And I saw they just passed the budget in Columbus. Yeah, four thousand pages, sixty sixty to thirty something.
Speaker 1: With only five Republicans win against it. Yeah. Oh, you're so happy to see six hundred million dollars going to the Cleveland Browns. Yeah, and that's kind of what the problem is locally. I don't trust any of our current commissioners to negotiate with the Bengals. It's just going to get out of control, you know, back in the days when they negotiated the original and that's now in the textbooks as the example of the worst public private ever. Well, it's because both people negotiating were sitting on the same side of the.
Speaker 2: Table and we at least a week later, right, Yeah, anyhow, let's pause. We bring George Runner from Restore Liberty dot Us back to talk about some more issues. After I mentioned seven fifty five KRCD talk station check it all out, Restore Liberty dot Us. George Renman's on the job, you know, looking out for our money and government fraud ways abused in action and things we can do about it. And of course show up at the event this weekend on Saturday, that's Sunday, Sunday rather Palm Sunday. Was just getting ready to say that's why I can't either. Mom's having a radio for dinner, looking forward to that. Double Tree Suites, Blue ash doors open at four thirty. Complimentary buffet dinner five o'clock speakers at six, So nice opportunity to hear all the folks that he already went through.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and the reservations are are highly recommended. There's only like twenty five seats left. Oh, so go to restoreliberty dot us and just click on the reserve or just go to restore liberty dot us slash reserve more point important point.
Speaker 2: So spaces are limited. I just want to get your reaction. You probably saw the survey out that you know, like fifty five percent of the Democrats left leaners at least embrace on some level the concept of assassinating Donald Trump and Elon Musk, and I just use that as sort of a springboard for this. The tolerance for an advocacy for violence coming from the left, it seems it's a profound problem. And I've never experienced this kind of thing in my lifetime. Although I guess I live through the late sixties without being ware of the politically, I wasn't old enough to understand what was going on. So it's not a violence isn't a new phenomenon. But all of this, you know, attacking people's car, you know, I mean these the Tesla's were like the darling of the green folks, the zero missions, unbelievably efficient and and amazing electronic wonders.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 2: You own some hybrids, and I got a friend of mine who owns one of those Tesla plaids.
Speaker 1: It's a rocket ship. It is a racket.
Speaker 2: Loves it so good, make the choice and buy one. But now that he's got that, which he bought way in advance of Elon Musk and doge in his affiliation with the Trump administration, what it's a legitimate target.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't understand it. It's like they're they're allowed to become unglued over the fact that this guy is getting rid of waste. I it's it's it's a mental illness. That's the only way to think about it. If you think of it as some kind of they're making a conscious decision to do it. Why wouldn't anybody get so violent over our vehicle that, like you say, I mean, the reasoning he's the largest car company in the world now is because he makes the best version of that product. Right in my engineering world, my last gig was actually modeling every electric car made in the world, and nobody can touch the efficiency of a Tesla the guy is just so far out there, and you watch what his team is doing. He's brought in these whiz kids and the nerds have just been let loose, and they're finding all these you know, just crazy connections and lack of connections, all of this you know, fraud, waste and abuse. And suddenly he is ground zero four. He's a Nazis. He's stealing your money. It's like, I don't understand it. And my main concern is, you know, especially Schumer, they're going out there lying about everything. Hey, he's lying, you know, I mean literally lying.
Speaker 2: He's telling him that Elon Musk wants to take away your your Medicare and Social Security and Medicaid.
Speaker 1: That's an outright lie. It's specifically not being touched. And so if the only thing that's being touched is saving money for people who are qualified to receive benefits under these programs, because they're getting rid of people who are ripping them off, so now they can afford to actually give the check for Social Security and medicare a little bit crazy, anticipated yeah, but what happens when even the lies aren't working Because they aren't people are seeing what's going on and saying, wait, a minute, he's talking about social security. I haven't heard a word about that. He's got to be lying. So if the lies don't work, are they really going to keep going down this route of we need to kill Trump, we need to kill Musk, we need to go after and attack his business so he's bankrupt. I think that's a horrible path. And if you think back to the summer of twenty twenty and all of the violence that happened then compared to January sixth, which is always the you know what about that? January six was a was a show. I mean, they had so many plants in there that this was just a show.
Speaker 2: And even beyond that conspiracy component of it, you know that it was coordinated, egged on by and leftists or the FBI or whoever, evil forces that want to make the Republicans look bad, and it worked. I we were screaming at the time. I've said it many times. I'm watching it all on FULLD on my laptop, screaming that I'm going no. But that's your reaction, that's the whole point. Republicans looked at that and said that's wrong. Democrats look at what happened in twenty twenty and what's happening now with the cars that are saying no, that's that's an actual reaction to the current problem. We should be destroying Tesla's right. And you also notice that January sixth was one day, one day and a couple hours. Actually this is an ongoing day after day phenomenon. The rallies over the weekend, the attack of Tesla showrooms, the organized protest against Elon musk and and the Trump administration. People spray painting private property. These Tesla vehicles that were once great and now are somehow Nazi mobiles.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely in mostly by Democrats.
Speaker 2: You got one more segment with George Brenneman before we get to Congressman Warren Davidson. First though, seven if you both KRCD Talk Station Restore Liberty dot Us George Brunneman in studio, remember to show up with the event on Sunday again beginning at four thirty when the doors open, and enjoy that complimentary buffe hear from some wonderful speakers and some common sense solutions to our problems we face. And one of the problems we face, and I know you wanted to put a plug in for your other online and health related effort. George So, and they're remaining a couple of minutes, why not shift.
Speaker 1: Over to health So Restore Wellness dot org. We hit our first meeting a couple of weeks ago. Went fantastic. Actually, Keith did a speech on motivation. Went over really well. We did a podcast on COVID five years later. What we learned that thing is fantastic. Highly recommend go to Restore Wellness dot org and let's give that a listen At the rally on Sunday, we're going to have a table there for Restore Wellness. We're going to be having a raffle for a set of the books where you've got the lies I taught in medical school, lies your doctor tells you, and the Casey means book Good Energy. Those are a fantastic trio book, so we'll be you can get them for a dollar instead of the fifty five or whatever costs for the set. Yeah, we had a lot of people ask about the books you recommend, and there is a link. There is a link on the web page and we're going to have all of those books on at least the sheets for all of them on display so you can read through it. We'll give you the key R code, so it's real simple to just point your phone at it and you can order it off Amazon. But yeah, every sore. Well this has been going great. We're going to try and you know, get that rolling out as well to throughout the area. But I just wanted to make sure people were where it's still going on. It's it's gaining strength. Yeah. Well, and so I got to ask, how's it going with the working out while you're watching television? Well, thanks you for kicking me in the butt.
Speaker 2: And I had other people who have over the years suggested it's making similar that I got a little heat from them, like, well, I told you about the I got the same. But you know it all it all came down to, you know, the sort of the cancer diagnosis and my wife and my family suggesting that I had put on a few too many pounds over the past couple of years. And so the stars all align to the point where when you guys were in studio talking about you know, these health benefits, all I do is sit and watch Netflix after the show. So I want to because I want to clear my mind of the colossal craft that we deal with every day. So I did get a set of adjustable weights, and so now I pull them out and I do reps and I feel there, and I'll wait a half hour and I'll do another set, and so you know, I'm obviously not ripped, and you can see through my sweater here, but it's I'm doing something well and every the whole point of all that it helps, Every little bit helps, and it's amazing how little steps make a difference. So, you know, get rid of the high frucos corn serrup that's been done for a month now, and that's that's why how I lost weight.
Speaker 1: And then the others, you know, we'll all get rid of all of the processed stuff and then and if you really want to take the big step, try and get rid of the carbs, because it's just evil stuff. There are more and more studies coming out talking about the benefits of that. I think it's really starting to catch on.
Speaker 2: It is, and that's why you know, I keep expressing some measure of excitement for at least RFK Junior, with his name recognition and the fact that he you know, he's just pretty much long time left, this guy who I taught alone a lot. I'm glad he's part of the Trump administration in this particular role. You know, he doesn't have any control over environmental policy, has control over information about our health, getting the message out about help.
Speaker 1: Looking for two things from him. Get the floor ad out of the water. Yeah, working on that, and get the soft drinks out of snap.
Speaker 2: They're working on that too, and there's been some progress in some of the states going down this road.
Speaker 1: I don't have any idea why we Paicola's going nuts because they paid a fortune to get it put into the program in the first place. Oh how about that surprise money connections, money talks and health walks. That's apparently the case. Yeah, it's it's just crazy. But hey, last plug. Go to restore Liberty dot us. Click on the link, make sure you register. We're looking to pack the house. And a big shout out to Americans for Prosperity for co sponsoring the event and helping us with all the costs.
Speaker 2: George Breunhman, thanks for coming in studio, good luck with the event, and again thanks to AFP folks. Congressman Warren Davids is online. He's ready to talk. We'll bring him on right after these brief words starting fifty five KCD Talk Station, A very happy Thursday to you, always a good day. When Congressman Warren Davidson returns to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, Congressman Davidson, welcome back. It's a pleasure to have you on, as it always is.
Speaker 4: Ran.
Speaker 6: It's always an honor. Thanks, good to talk to you.
Speaker 2: And first off, I got to give you a little bit of earfull through George Brunneman, who didn't stick around to the studio to give it to himself that he was hoping that you could do a video for the Restore Liberty Fiscal Sanity rally on Sunday. So there you make your own decisions. I told him I would pass it along and put you on the spot.
Speaker 6: They've got a little I will find a way that sounds like a great thing to do.
Speaker 3: A video for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's going to be a lot of them, including I believe, I guess vivek Ramaswami is going to be providing one and Bernie Moreno as well. So you're in good company there and that's a great organization Restored Liberty dot Us. All right, I've taken you off the spot and putting you back in your role as an elected official in Congress. I don't know which which direction you would have starts you perhaps just gauging your reaction on the whole tariff situation. I guess everybody got all their money back. Yesterday when Donald Trump said he was sitting down with what seventy five countries expressed the desire to negotiate and work out something, including Canada, that sounded like, you know, they wanted to push down for maybe open free trade, open trade, and maybe just get rid of tariff's all together, but at least sitting down at the table and talking about it resulted in this ninety day pause, which the markets exhaled and went through the roof. Your reaction to all this going.
Speaker 6: On, I love it when a plan comes together. You know, people are like, oh, Trump folded, No, this was a total bait the whole time, and it took this. I mean the crazy thing is people are like, well, why didn't he just get everybody to work together before? Well, he tried his whole first term, and he told people as he was meeting with them. Since June of twenty twenty three, he put out a video in June of twenty twenty three, saying exactly what he was going to do on his campaign website, and then he got an office and people acted surprise that he did it. It's like why would you. I mean, he says he's going to do things, he does them in his campaign promises, and this is one of them. And the big thing that people didn't get about, why are you putting tariffs on our allies? Well, one, they're not treating as fairly, that's true, but the biggest thing is they refused to help with China. So what happened is China misplayed this badly, and now we've built a coalition. We've set up the opportunity to get the allies, our supposed allies, and the people that came forward and said, well help. Part of helping isn't just fixing your trade relationship with us, it's fixing our collective trade relationship with China. China's been taking advantage of everyone, stealing our intellectual property, blocking market access, and part of why China has no leverage they don't allow us access to their market. So, okay, put your tiarfs at whatever you want, but it's not going to hurt us as much as our tears are hurting you. And that's what you're seeing turmoil in the bond market because China needs to keep selling off things to create liquidity to hold their currency pegged low. It's their currency manipulation practice. So this is a well crafted play. It's a big part of why Scott Bessant became the Secretary of Treasury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was just going to bring Scott beston up because yesterday he said, in response to that eighty four percent additional tariff, China added because they're going the opposite direction, rather than negotiate something with us, they hyped on a much bigger tariff. So what we're a one twenty five and they're kind of close to that at this point. But he said they may delist Chinese stock from American exchanges.
Speaker 1: That would happen. That would be a it would herd, that would sting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, We've got a lot of tools that we could use to go through China. I mean right now, that's one of the things. And you know, honestly, China gets special treatment to even be listed. Normally, you have to be fully audited by a firm recognized by you know, the New York Stock Exchange for example, Masdak whatever, you have credible audits. But China's stocks are essentially tracking stocks because they're not going through the same level of scrutiny, And so you could easily just hold the Chinese companies to the same standard as everyone else, and while they would be delisted. We've got nearly three hundred thousand students in the United States from China. America has about thirty thousand students in China. So we go ahead and say, well, you know, you can't study here. And honestly, China expects their students to spy on Americans in order to be eligible for the student visa. So you know, there are all kinds of tools that we could use here. And look, I think honestly, Donald Trump, Scott Besant, myself, and most of my colleagues, we would love to have a friendly relationship with the people of China. Chisha Ping, that's he's not that kind of guy. He's not the same guy that Doung Chaoping was. And that's the kind of deal that happened. It opened up China is you had kind of this mindset that we can engage and bring China into the fold. Now they may have been in dishonest the entire time. But culturally, the phenomenon in China is just radically different under Chijuping than it was under Hu Jentao. And you know, if you follow anything much about China, who Jintao was the guy that Chijiping purp walked out of their People's Congress at the last time. He was the former president, former leader, chairman of the Chinese Communist Party, and just a very different kind of approach to foreign engagement. And Chijiping is essentially like Mao mal Or.
Speaker 2: I was going to say Stalin, but yeah, very so, very reminiscent of the Soviet Union. If you disagree with or represent some sort of threat to the leader, then you tend to disappear and are it used to be they eradicated you from photographs. Even I thought that using old technology they could erase people's existence. Kind of very Orwellian. Oh that maybe that's why he wrote nineteen eighty four. Anyway, turning over to the Senate budget resolution, which I saw, Speaker Johnson canceled a vote yesterday evening on the Senate budget proposal. Apparently there's some good holdouts in Congress that want to, you know, get more promises of cuts. And my understanding is the Senate proposal only cuts four billion over ten years, which is like how much we spill on a daily basis, and House Republicans were looking for more like two trillion in cuts. Where are we on this?
Speaker 6: Congressman Davidson, Well, I couldn't support the Senate version, and honestly so, I was in negotiations with the Speaker, you know, really all week, but we basically closed the doors and sat there from like six pm until eleven last night trying to negotiate some sort of way around this. The Senate doesn't really want to be bound to the House's number, and look, bad news doesn't get better with time. I mean, if they say, oh, we can find the votes, well, don't find the votes three months from now. Find the votes now. And you know, they're having a hard time getting people in the Senate to commit to promising to save money, let alone on final passage. When all the deals put together, then there'll be a lot of pressure to get it done because the tax cuts will have been negotiated, the spending cuts will have been negotiated, the debt ceiling limit will have been agreed to. And here's the thing the House said, look in exchange for one and a half trillion as a floor, we will raise the debt limit by four trillion dollars. Now, when are you going to normally make a loan? For the loan officers out there listening, when are you going to make a loan of four trillion dollars when somebody promises to only find a way to come up with one and a half trillion, and you know darn well that they actually over a ten year period don't need four trillion, they need eighteen trillion, right, who's going to make that loan? Well, that's what basically Congress is doing with either of these bills. So even the House bill isn't very good. But instead at one and a half trillion dollar floor, the Senate bill said, we'll see your four trillion, we'll raise it. We want five trillion, and we're only going to commit to four billion in savings, which is like a day of interest payments exactly. That's insane. That's insane, and you know there's there's no Now. They promised privately in the Senate. Part of how they got some of these good senators to go along with it. They promised privately, Well, we're really going to come up with two to three trillion, put it on paper exactly press conference, in publicans say it at least, but they're all, well, with the quiet whispers behind the closed doors, you know, we really think we can come up now we're done with the hollow promises stuff.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: That's that's basically how you we got into this mess, not because Conservatives held up things. We got in this mess because of bipartisan bankrupt America policies have got us thirty six train in debt.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad you said bipartisan banker of American policies because let's face it, the Republicans own the Senate, and maybe not by much, but they still do. They control it. They have the majority of votes saying with the House, Uh this this, it's as if they're they're they're passing up a golden opportunity with all of the spotlight that's being shed by the Department of Governmental Efficiency on all of the fraud wasted abuse in government. These are hard earned taxpayer dollars taken from our wallets because we labored for it, and they don't seem to care a whit about where the money goes. That message has been projected loud and creative the American public.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 2: We understand that more people are outraged by thanks to the work of Doge.
Speaker 1: This seems like the best possible time in this in the history or at least as long as I've been living, to make a make an argument for genuine cuts to government spending.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've never seen more momentum in the public and the popular consciousness behind less government. And you just got to be honest. If you find somebody right now that is not going to say they'll vote for less government in light of the environment we're in right now, they don't want less government.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I mean there's people that could get boxed into less government because they know that's what the momentum with the public is. The idea that we're going to move this and not actually deliver less government, to me is insane. And look, the President's sent out, Look, we're going to get at least a trillion dollars in cuts and all that, and that's important. But the lack of trust isn't what Donald Trump. It's not what the team he's hired. Those guys are great. It's with the Senate the Senate always fails us, and you look at it like where's the pressure. There's always like pressure on House conservatives, and you know the reason we can't have nice things is conservatives in the House. Right when was their pressure on the Senate? I mean, there's not even a cross word to a senator. When was their pressure on the Senate when they were negotiating this crap deal of four billion dollars in savings that's crazy. As they were doing that, where was the pressure being applied to the Senate? So right now, I think that's the thing that's like, You've got a couple dozen of us that are just like, look, I can't vote for this thing without something further. And then you know, there's there's jet fumes out here and everybody wants to get out of town for Easter break and Passover and all that. You know, maybe that'll make everybody come come together and do a reasonable deal. But I think those of us that are dug in on we're bankrupting America and I'm not going to participate in it, are in for the fight. And it's like, look, we don't want to be obstructionist in the sense of you know, getting the agenda done, but we do want to be obstructuralist. If you're planning on driving to the crash site colassing us in a dip bomb, we don't want to participate in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, history will remember who fought for the fiscal responsibility and who and who let us well down this existential threat, which is the you know, essentially thirty six trillion and growing every moment. While we speak deficit we have, It's just it's it's crazy. I mean, no one can project down the road how this can work out successfully, and that is a reality.
Speaker 1: No one can hide from.
Speaker 2: So you know, we're gonna we're going to spend ourselves into oblivion and we're going to collapse the Fiat currency, which will basically mean the end of the American economy.
Speaker 1: Congressman Davidson, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, and look when the when when the US US dollar, when the usonomy has the time borrowing funding treasuries, that's not like you know when Gerise had a hard time borrowing and or whatever. We are the market. I mean, people go to the dollar for the hedge, They buy US treasuries for security instability. I mean, we not only have about five percent of the world's population four and a half or so. We got over fifty percent of the world's capital invested in our markets. Yeah, I mean so truly. Like the idea that the United States could have problems with our economy in the world economy be okay is crazy. I mean it is, and that's kept us propped up for a long time things that everybody knows isn't sustainable, and that's led people to falsely believe that, well, we can keep doing this. We can just print money. You know, we have the reserve currency. We can just spend more money and defits don't matter, and think, well, a def sit don't matter, why bother collecting taxes? I mean, I used to be part of the reason why why people said, well, we want to hold the taxes low because they'll hold down the size and scope of government. But they've blown way past that. There's not even a talk about balancing the budget at this point.
Speaker 2: Congress and Warren Davidson wish we had more time. We are out.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your willingness to talk with my listeners of me this morning, and I'll look forward to having a conversation again. Meanwhile, keep fighting a good fight. We got a golden opportunity right here now YouTube.
Speaker 6: Brian, God bless you and all your listeners.
Speaker 1: Take care seven fifty three fifty five CARES to DE Talk Station. Coming up on eight oh five and fifty five care CD Talk Station. A very happy Friday Eve to you. Been looking forward to this conversation all morning. My next guest Brian Reisinger. He grew up on a family farm in Sault County, Wisconsin and loves to talk about the hidden stories of rural America. Like most children of farmers, he worked with his father from the time you could walk before he ultimately entered the world of business and business journalism and public policy. He has been published in like every single publication you can think of, USA Today, Newsweek, Yahoo News, Wisconsin Public Radios, Wisconsin Life. I could go on Real Clear Politics and go to that site all the time. He also is an award winner Nationalist newspaper Calmness, first place in Seven Hills Literary Contrast Contest, and the Saul Sword And I could go on, but today we're going to talk about his very first book, Land Rich, Cash Poor, My Family's Hope and the Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer. Brian, Welcome to the Morning Show. It's a real pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, it's good to be with you.
Speaker 1: I feel like I have some least connection with you.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 2: I outkicked my coverage when I married my wife. She grew up on a rural dairy farm out in Pennsylvania, a little town no one's ever heard of called Avella. Her dad literally worked his entire life every single day. If you don't milk the cows twice a day, you don't get paid. So it was a small farm, a house he built himself. They all grew up, they all worked the farm, never had really much money at all, but it was just it's just it's an amazing life. When you hear the stories and the hardships that go along with it. It's not an easy life at all.
Speaker 1: Something I know that I'm telling you that you know about, and so quite often you know multiple generations.
Speaker 2: You know, kids want to move away, they want to go to the city. They don't want to follow in their fathers or mother's footsteps. And I suppose that's part of this disappearing American farmer concept.
Speaker 1: But it's beyond that, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Because it's expensive to be a small farmer these days.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right. I'm so glad we share that history. And it sounds like your wife's probably a hard working person in all values and had a great child. And you know, you're absolutely right in terms of the way you describe the way of life. And here's the issue. It goes so deep. It does have to do with what's our next generation doing, but it has to do with economic factors, governmental factors, technological factors, all kinds of ways that we've been leaving our family farmers behind. That's what we do in the book. We dive into the hidden airs of history that are driving that disappearance. Why is it happening, and what's the consequence to all of us? And then we leave out with my family's story, and those are stories that are probably like the ones you heard from your wife's family stories. Is survival of you know, weather farm accident. Second, iic up people from the depression to today, and you know, it's definitely a unique thing. It's a life deals with with both beauty and hardship that goes hand in hand.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Growing up, you know, I not not fully appreciating the concept of the small, the family farm by contrast to the corporate farm. And of course, if you're a corporate farm, you can afford to buy the what I don't know how much one of those massive tractors costs. There are hundreds of thousands of dollars, and I just I can't imagine a situation where my my now late father in law, he lived in ninety three, I think years old, the idea that he could ever afford something that costs so much in order to just sort of just try to keep up in terms of competing. I mean it, it's just it represents such a colossal challenge for small farmers to compete with, you know, somebody who's got tens of millions of dollars because they're backed up by major corporations.
Speaker 1: You know, it does.
Speaker 3: And here's what's going on. We've got that kind of force going on all across our economy. So the food companies are working to keep up with the rest of the American economy by getting bigger and bigger. The agribusiness companies work and keep with food companies, and the farmers are left trying to keep up with the agga business. Food companies several are trying to keep up with the Joneses. So you get farms, whether they're a big, small, or medium, they are all trying to keep up with the jones and everybody has that pressure to get bigger or get out. A lot of our bigger farmers got that way trying to survive a lot of our medium and smaller farms. You ended up not making it because that we do still have a lot of family farms left in this country. But it's truly against the odds. It's people like your father in law who are continue to work trying to figure a way to be competitive, to be efficient, to be resourceful, even though the economic crises and government policies you hit them in unique ways that people don't understand. And even though so much of our technology, to your point, has been leaving family farms behind. It doesn't have to be this way, but it certainly is this way. With the deck stacked against our family farmer who's whatever their type or size, fighting to keep going well.
Speaker 2: And it almost seems like they're intentionally trying to put the small farm out of business. And I don't know if you've ever seen it, and I know it's Britain or the United Kingdom. But Clarkson's farm, you know, Jeremy Clarkson has this farm, and every show really illustrates the insanity of the micro management of government authorities over you know the types of crops that are grown, where they can be grown, you know the amount of moisture contact content in a rape seed, and it's almost as if they want to drive amount of business with rules and regulations. Then you keep on the whole idea of this climate change, religion, col flatulence. We need to regulate that, we need to regulate how much space your chickens have or your pork has. I mean, it just adds so much additional cost burden and I guess paperwork on the small farmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you're so right. Every single day, government requirements, regulations, taxes, different things are really waging war on the American family farmer. And you know, the people who care about our environment. The irony is that there's nobody who cares as much about our soul, health and abundant water, clean water as our farmers. So there's a lot of room for people who care about environment and farmers to work together. But the problem is our political debates divide everybody and we've got government that's really stamping out family farmers. I give you a one brief, perfect example. This happens. This stuff happens every single day, but there's really really serious times in our history, or escalated in the farm crisis. The government was pushing more debt on farms to make them get bigger, and then within a few years they raised interest rates because they were trying to deal with inflation. You can argue forour or against the government trying to encourage farmers to expand you can argue forour or against changing interest rates. But when you push debt on them with the government, and then you use that same government to make that debt more expensive, you wipe out tens of thousands of farms. My parents, we tell the story in the book. They just barely survived that they had been dealing with a drought and almost had to take out a bunch of debt right before the farm crisis hit. They didn't have to do that because they've banded together with neighbors to get through that drought year, and they avoided taking on debt which would have wiped them out. In the nineteen eighties, just like happened to tens of thousands of farms, all at the hand of our government.
Speaker 2: And I'm so glad you brought that up, that you banded together, because I've also gotten stories from my wife, you know, anecdotes, and it's like, I shouldn't I should give credit to my dad's side of the family too, because they were all what I call dirt farmers in Tennessee. So I got farm stock on both sides. But the idea of community, and this is one of the more positive things and one of the realities of you know, when you ask yourself when you hear about you and I talking about all this crisis and the problems and the difficulties of being a farmer. There are so many rewards to being a small farmer. And part of it is that sense of community. Because the entire region where my wife grew up, they're all farmers. They're all engaged in the dairy business or you know, or at least some aspect of farming. And when the hard times hit, when people you know, struggle with difficulties, they all step up to the plate and help each other out.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful thing to behold.
Speaker 3: That's absolutely right. By the way, I'm glad that they put a microphone in front of somebody who's got farming on both sides of your family. That's outstanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you see, I did following the footsteps. I practiced law for sixteen years and I've been on the radio now for this is my nineteenth year. I think I was frightened away by the hardships that I saw when I was exposed to it.
Speaker 3: Brian, Well, I'll tell you we struggle with those same things in our family. My sister's work and take over the farm from my dad. I worked with my dad from time like a walk. I love my roots, but I didn't have their talent for cattle and crops. So although I still worked with them on the business side, and they're throwing a track from my dad. But you know, I pursued my writing career. I'm just honored to be able to tell the stories. So you and I have come to some of the same things. But you know your point on neighbors banning together. You're absolutely right. That neighbor that I mentioned that helped my parents get through the farm crisis in nineteen eighty is what happened. Is he was an elderly man, didn't need all the crops in his field. My dad was a young man starting out and had fields that were barely putting up the crops. He needed to feed his animals. So they went what they call halves, and you might know this from your own family background, when you go have one guy does the work and then they split the crop right. Well, the old man the name was Leo, and he refused to take his fair share. He gave my dad more of the crop than he ought to have, and my dad kept on going down there trying to pay him money. And you walked into the guy's cigarette, you know, filled living and trying to hand him money there after dame time, the guy said, you just got married. You don't know me nothing. To take it and go. And we get emotional just thinking about what we've been gone for a number of years now. But if he hadn't done that, my parents would have taken out a load of debt, potentially just before the farm crisis hit. And it was that working together and that sense of local community that really got people through. And by the way, you know, my dad was able to help this guy, but he put in extra hours, working around the clock to get the crops off this guy's field, and so it was people helping people, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the other sense I always get is in another story back in from my wife. Back in the seventies, we went through stagflation and the economy went down the toilet, and I'm sure it happened in multiple different times over the life of that particular farm and my father in law. But because they were realistic and not materialistic, they pretty much were self sufficient.
Speaker 1: They didn't, you know, want more.
Speaker 2: They didn't think that, oh my god, I wish I had a better this, or that they had everything they needed. And so when hard times hit the general population and people then had to do without something, they became used to like, oh, we're going to have to cut back on this, or we need to drop the country club membership. Because of the you know, the economic thing, their life remained static. They continued to live at the same level, which was enough to feed them and satisfy them and pay the bills, and they it was sort of if they didn't have a newspaper, they didn't even realize the rest of the world was going through this turmoil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's absolutely right, you know, It's one of the things that I encountered so much when I was working on the book because I knew these family stories, I knew bits and pieces of them, and I wanted to reconstruct and be able to tell the survival stories. But then I started researching what was going on around us at that time. What was happening to my great grandparents in the early nineteen nine so what was happening to my grandparents and the depression? What were the bigger forces at play? And it's so true that you know, when you're on the ground and the farm, you don't necessarily have a way to see the bigger forces affecting you. And then vice versa. Right the rest of the country that's living out some of those forces doesn't necessarily get a chance to see what's on the farm. And that's really the challenge. That's the core reason that our farms are disappearance, because that disconnects. And here's the thing. It impacts not only our rural communities like where I'm from and like where your family has roots that are getting hollowed out, but it impacts every single American dinner table because when we're losing our farms, we're impacting the price, the health, the security of the food supply for every single American.
Speaker 2: Brian Rising or the author of the book we're talking about today, land Ridge Cash Poor, my family's hope and the untold history of the disappearing American farmer, Brian, if you could fix something, and I mean, I guess for an initial question of the answer, can the small farm, can the the the American small farmer be saved? Can they continue assuming they desire to continue farming as opposed to corporate sized farms, Can they survive? And if there's something if the answer may be leaning toward no, because of all the things that we sort of scratch the surface of that you dive deep to deep two in your book, what would you change that might need to a better life for them or a more successful, lasting farm life.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know there is reason for hope. We've lost seventy percent of our farms in the past century, which is devastating, but we still got nearly two million left. And here's the incredible thing. Ninety six percent of our family farms. And it's because people have farms that they're working part time will also pull them two to three jobs to keep things going. So these are families nearly two million families that are you know, continuing to fight forward even though we haven't you know, made the economics work in this country. Imagine if we made the economics work again. And so we do need to change things, and there's moves we can make that can inject new entrepreneur opportunity out there for our farmers. We need to research and development revolution so that all of our technology is bringing farms of all sizes, medium and small as well as large along. We need to change our policies to make sure we've got fair markets for small businesses in this country. And we need to make sure that consumers who care about where their food comes from take steps toward buying from local farmers, buyack from a farmer down the road, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine that that was an injection of positivity the whole buy local, buy from your local farmers, the you know, eat and consume local. What's available fresh from the farm, you know, grass raised, be a grass fed beef raised from your local farm. It should be easier for I suppose farmers to slaughter their own beef and sell it locally. Maybe I knew Congressman Thomas Massey's on my program a lot. I'm a huge fan of it. Is he has his own farm, and you know he is a big fan of you know, raw milk or some health benefits of that. My wife grew up drinking it, you know, straight from the Couch's as healthy as she could possibly be. So, you know, but maybe this RFK junior emphasis towards health might give that much needed infusion for the local farmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, that's the hope. There's always opportunity in peril and for the farmer. And you know, people caring about where the food comes from us shifting toward farmers able to meet the markets and meet now, but also meet new markets from people who care about local, regional fresh food, who care about specialty foods. Being able to shift our farm economy in that direction, that creates the entrepreneur opportunity for our farmers. It also creates more options for consumers. We've got to make sure that we make those transitions. Understand that farms are small businesses. Then I have a whole lot of money sitting around to invest in new things, but they can make change over time. And if we can get focused on that and every consumer takes a step toward the farmer. I know the farmers are ready to take more steps toward the consumer.
Speaker 1: And knowing the farmers the way I do, I know you are right on that. Brian Rising, your author of land Ridge Cash for my family's hope and the untold history of the disappearing American farmer, hopefully we can reverse that process. Brian, it's been a real pleasure talking with you today. I appreciate you spending time with my listeners of me and for writing the book, which is now available on my blog page at fifty five KRC dot com so people can easily get a copy of it, and I strongly encourage them to do that because you will have a much more profound appreciation for the hard work that these men and women put in every single day. Brian, you take great care of yourself.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks you too, Thanks for having me my pleasure.
Speaker 1: It's eight nineteen right now if you have KR City doc station, it being Thursday. I heard me the ABAS and expert Jay Ratliff waiting in the wingings looking forward to having imback on as I always am. Maybe a word or two about the markets. Hey thirty on a Thursday, regular listeners, No, it's that time week Get Stuck. iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratlift.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, my good friend, Jay Ratliffe. It's a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 4: As always spent some of the morning talking about your dad. Oh really, yeah, I was every morning I'm on with Bill Wills up at the TAM in Cleveland. Yeah and yeah, he used to do the farm reports forty some years ago and that of WLW and was talking about some fond memories of your dad. So I enjoyed that this morning.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, and I'm sure my dad was smiling from above and reflecting on those memories himself. And you know, I gotta go down this stock trading road because you know, we always talk about it. You are a stock trader. Daytrade fund dot com is where you find Jay and his methodology and where you can learn it. But your reaction to the insanity that went on this week, you know Trump's you know, tariffs are issue. The mark goes crazy, trillions of dollars, dogs and cats, let me together, We're all gonna die and then lo and behold after him pausing it because so many countries stepped up to the plate and said no, we want to negotiate. We don't want to do retaliatory tariffs. We'd rather sit down and work something out with you. So he said, all right, we'll go ninety day pause. And one of my listeners, and you may have heard me mention it before, west Side, Jim Keefer. He lost a substantial amount of his portfolio, but gained all of it back plus some additional yesterday.
Speaker 1: He's ahead.
Speaker 4: And that's why you don't you don't panic. And you know, I have to admit, there's part of me that wonders if Donald Trump didn't pull this just to show the world he will do what he needs to do. And would that cause people that weren't formally gonna negotiate as country leaders say, you.
Speaker 1: Know what we need to I think that.
Speaker 4: We always talk, we always talk about the Airplane movie and there's a scene in there where all the lights go out on the runways and they look over and Johnny's pulled the plug with a big smile that you know, maybe that was Donald Trump. I don't want to think he would be playing with people's money that way, but you know, most people are just gonna you know, panic, but not pull the trigger and make any rash decisions. And you and I've talked about so many times before. The two emotions that I teach my students about are fear and greed. And if you can get the emotions out of the equation, you can make a lot of money consistently on Wall Street. But the problem is when people allowed the headlines and all the panic and things of this nature to start to, you know, influence their decisions. You had people that were making some really rash and ill advised decisions based on what was taking place, convinced the market was going to continue to go down and it you know, you just got to stay away from the emotion part. And Warren Buffett, if I may, the guy that was being chastised at an investor conference in I want to say it was February because people were telling the fifth richest man on the planet that he was making a mistake because he had three hundred and forty four billion dollars on the sidelines. They said that money should be in the market, come on, get it, and he's like, nope, I wait for stocks to go on sale, then I make my call. So I always think it's fun when somebody tells the fifth richest man in the world, he's doing something wrong, because you get to that point by doing a lot of things right. He doesn't panic when the market drops. He's just looking for stocks that go on sale and buys him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, perhaps he did buy after the cell off the other day. It wouldn't shock me if he did.
Speaker 4: I think he was waiting for a little bit more. And Braden, you never know. If if the tariffs and as we approach that ninety day mark aren't in a you know, in line with where we want, we could see another round of volatility. Now. The good news is that we if we do have round two, we've got between now and then to work on it and for people to understand what could happen and to relax. And in fact, on my success blog at the Day Trade Fund, I think it was a November entry of last year. On my success blog, I talked about how to survive and thrive when one of these market corrections take place. And they happen all the time, so if you can be prepared when it takes place, it doesn't catch you off guard. Be you don't panic, and see you've got a predetermined plane of action you're going to follow. Even if it means don't do anything and then do what the big guys do. That the Warren Buffets and others look for stocks to go on sale, and I warrant obviously holds them for longer periods of time than our eight, ten and fifteen minutes that we flip stocks. Right, it's the same concept. You look for stocks and it's the specific point. If they reach that point, you buy them and you know exactly where you're going to sell them.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't let the end of this conversation and as it's going to a break without observing you know, we are all familiar with, at least my listeners are the bias in media, and it's certainly they are not favorable to the Trump administration across the board. So maybe a lot of this hysteria and gloom and doom and we're all going to die as a consequence of them stirring the pot of fear that was brought about and well led to maybe some of the markets sell off.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but what.
Speaker 4: Brain you're exactly correct, and if you're talking about if as possible, as we saw with one of those recent polls that you've addressed, that the idea of an assassination on any of the you know, Musk or a Trump or these others is considered justifiable in the eyes of some of those people. I mean, yeah, that's the kind of message that they're sending. Yeah, they'll do anything and you know, whatever it means to try to prevent the president from doing what he's doing. In fact, in the last little bit, it's about the only thing that they've really had to jump up and down on to point at. But it's also the president Trump's own doing, because remember he talked about when he was campaigning, if the market wasn't doing well, look under me, it did great, blah blah blah blah blah. So now that he's president, he's got to own anything if it goes up or down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly true. Anyway, we'll pause, we will talk aviation issues. Aviation expert Jay ratlifte be right back after these brief words. And I heard media aviation expert Jay Rattlift as they lead into the first story, Jay Ratlift, is it just the Internet which brings these stories to our attention and they always existed at the same level, or our passenger is becoming more and more unruly these days.
Speaker 4: I would say there's an element of both, but it's it's probably a little bit more prevalent these days because and I think a lot of it has to do is just the aggravation of a lot of people as they fly. In the eighties, nineties, two thousands, a lot of times we would have load factors averaging sixty seventy percent where you still had room on the airplane. You weren't fighting for overhead storage space. It just it was a more pleasant experience to travel than what it is now. Now it's you know, you don't enjoy travel, you endure it to get where you're at, and it's almost like, you know, full contact rugby or something when you're trying to do it. So these stories, now that we've got social media, they tend to get out there more often, and there's a tendency to think, well, it's just because you know, we have the ability to get him out there. But the numbers are up a bit. The problem is a lot of times when these people are involved in assault, they don't share that information with other airlines, And that remains one of my biggest pet peas, because if you assault somebody on American well you should not be allowed to fly in United where you could assault a flight attendant or another passenger, there should be some sort of consequences. And boy, what a headache we had on that American flight leaving JFK on his way to Milan. And that just sounds so nice. Just get on a plane and you're going to Milan. You just sit back, relaxed, and you're gonna have a good time. Until four hours into the flight, you've got a passenger who gets into a heated argument with a flight attendant over what his meal wasn't what he had ordered, Lord Ques did, oh yes. So the verbal argument then becomes a physical situation where he's actually shoving some of the flight attendants, and then he makes a dash towards the cockpit because of course the captain is going to be very interested in his particular problem, and they stop him, and then all of a sudden they turn that airplane around. They're four hours into flight over the Atlantic Ocean back to JFK's It was closest airport they could get to so for American airlines. So you come back, you land, the demand is taking off, detained, I hope, arrested, and passengers will put up overnight. Sixteen hours after they left the first time, they're back on the airplane and then headed back to Milan. So it just goes to show it takes, you know, and there's people in Italy that are waiting for that aircraft to get there for them to take to wherever that next segment was going to be. So you've got somebody that's not only impacting everybody that's on a flight, but people that are waiting on that aircraft at the next destination. And think of the people that were on their way to a wedding or reunion or you know, my family members on life support. I've got to get there before they pass away. And you've got this absolute moron, this acting up on this flight that is causing every other passenger on board to suffer as a result.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, I don't care if I got a deadline or a layover or anything. I'm just I'm gonna be just just insanely angry just.
Speaker 1: Because you know, I'm being held up by this jerk. Period. End of story. You don't have think much further than that. It's like you, one guy caused all of this because of a meal that you were served. It's airplane food. For God's sake, it's gonna suck regardless of what they.
Speaker 4: Feed you, but he wanted the less sucky kind. I think, yeah right, It just but the idea of when it became a security situation, that's when everything was off. Because the airlines have very clearly defined protocol. When you know there's no air marshall on board, they were calling for any law enforcement officers or military that were on board to assist because they were having a difficult time at first to contain the individual. And every time I fly, I'll say hello to the lead flight attendant and let her let he or see know where I'm seated, just in case he needed an extra set of hands, because a lot of times you don't want to announce over the intercom, you know, do we have any law enforcement because I mean that's going to really start to bring people out thinking something's wrong. And if they can just come back and whisper if it's a medical emergency to a doctor or nurse, or if they've got someone on their law enforcement or whatever that can help a situation, they want to do that. So it's a little bit, you know, let's telegraphed across the cabin, but they were calling for help to try to get this guy subdued and restrained. They were able to do so. And then, of course because of that one person, I mean, vacations and all those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: And it happens, and I think you might open yourself up to a passenger induced beat down as well.
Speaker 1: But I just to reserve my judgment.
Speaker 4: Technically, we're only allowed to restrain, you can restrain forcefully.
Speaker 2: So yes, indeed, all right, how about boycotting airline because they're cooperating with Immigrations and Customs officials.
Speaker 4: Well, we got the way. Little Airlines. They're the airline that has been hired as a charter flight to help the homeland security as far as their ice transportation for the deportation of people that are being escorted out of the country, a lot of them being you know, criminals and other types of things. And there are groups around the country that are saying, we are going to boycott this airline because they're involved in something we don't agree with. And you have the airline that flies to several cities that you have where the democratic leadership of those cities are saying, look, we're giving this airline some subsidies and assistance in order to be here, and we want those subsidies to be removed because we don't like what they are doing. And of course the CEO for the airline says, look, if it's not us, as someone else, we're going to take the business because it's going to help our business and allow us to continue to help you know, people around the country as we fly because they're regularly scheduled airline. But if it wasn't, then would be somebody else. Yeah, so yeah, they've got a boycott and you know, I we'll see where it goes or doesn't go. But it seems like the CEO is pretty much a look, I don't care, but this is what we're going to do because A it needs to be done and be you know, if it's not us, it's going to be someone else.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Well, we'll bring you right back on.
Speaker 2: Another couple of stories to run by emotional support animal story and then oh, look, I have one more. An idiot passenger try to open a door in fly plus hub delays one more with Jay Ratliffe. Be right back, K forty eighth and five pair CD Talk Station, Ryan.
Speaker 1: Thomas, Jay Ratliffe wrapping up our aviation segment here, I understand an emotional support animal cause a bit of a problem for a passenger. And we've had all kinds of crazy stories about emotional support animals. What kind of emotional support animal was it this time? Jay?
Speaker 4: It was a parent one and she was flying Frontier JFK to San Juan, Puerto Rico, and she had all the documentation everything that Frontier required, so she was allowed to take this rather large bird as her support animal on board the flight down to Puerto Rico. She's coming back and the agents there say you can't take a parrot on our flight, it's too big. And she's like, wait a minute, I flew Frontier down here, and they said, well, look, all you got to do is go to our website. It clearly states that no large birds can be accepted as you know, emotional sport animals, so you just have to leave it behind. And she's like, I'm not leaving my pet slash emotional support animal behind. So she was looking a Frontier to do something about the situation that they created. And yeah, the last word I've not heard if they've got it worked out. But she was in essence staying in Puerto Rico till they got it worked out.
Speaker 2: Well, if you've got attached to a parrot, and I know a lot of people are are there's things live eighty five one hundred years and oh yeah yeah, so you know, yes.
Speaker 4: And then if you know a lot of people look at these, you know, pets as children type of thing, and the idea of just leaving it behind is no well one, it's a ridiculous situation, but or a suggestion. But yeah, that's what somebody said. I suspect Frontier management probably didn't think that was the most proper thing to say.
Speaker 2: Well, real quick, I saw this morning. I always check aviation news and this one on Simplyflying dot com. Before you and I talk, Frontier Airline's flight had turned back to Denver after an unruly passenger attempted to open the door on the Airbus A three twenty mid flight to turn back. What I mean, you know, I guess people become unhinged on some level. Maybe they're mentally challenged when they get on, but you know, opening a door mid flight, well done.
Speaker 4: Trying to because you and I both know that they can't because once the air is pressurized, it's not going to happen. But that's the third grab the handle and give it a pull story that I've had. In the last two weeks, We've had three flights where people have become irritated to the point that they have actually gone up to the emergency door exit and they've tried to jerk the handle. Now, if people are not aware of the fact that the door can't be opened, obviously you're gonna have people freaking out thinking they're about to die. So you've got people diving on the individual trying to make sure that they stay away from the door. And yeah, in fact, we had one guy in a flight that tried to do it. They moved him to a seat away from it, and he tried to do it twice on the same flight. So you know, it's just people that are acting this kind of way induce panic, and of course they'll never be allowed to fly on that particular airline again, and they could be charged for inciting panic. But most of the time the airlines do not even pursue that. All they're told is, you know, you're not gonna be flying us again, and they leave it. And other than that, they may and should be getting a fine from the Federal Aviation miministration for failure to abide by the instructions of a uniform crew member, which can be ten or twenty thousand dollars, if not more. So, it's not gonna be something they're not gonna have some consequences for. But obviously you wish it was more than what it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and speaking of consequences, at the bottom of the website.
Speaker 2: Where I found this, they have a it's an image. It's you know, the Halloween costumes. It's the Unruly Passenger Halloween costume, and the it's a depiction of a guy who's got duct tape all around them and zip ties and the package includes it's the Spooky Unruly Passenger, includes duct tape, zip tie cuffs, cancel tickets, fines, unemployment application costs, thirty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh, easily, easily and yeah, and probably some divorce papers too. Yeah. One of the better images you can do is do a Google search of an airline passenger that was duct taped to a seat. They duct taped his mouth and I mean they must have used two a duct tape on this poor guy. And it's it's it's it's yeah, it's probably the poster chilt of why you don't want to act up on a flight.
Speaker 2: No, and then there's that pesky fine, all right, we got to close out as we always do with hub delays. How's it looking out there for air travel today, Jay.
Speaker 4: Ratliff, You know, we've got some obviously weather headed towards the Northeast, and I think Minneapolis has already seen some delays, but it's going to be Washington, d C, Philadelphia, New York, maybe Boston by the end of the day. But in essence, if you're flying anywhere to the Northeast, expect some delays. Certainly expect some turbulence where we're going to be seeing some some rough weather, not dangerous, just uncomfortable. Make sure you've got your seatbelt fastened about you and get to the airport early if you're flying to or through the Northeast, because we will see some delays that are going to be kind of plaguing us for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Sound advice and Jay Raylife. As always, Jay, love having you on the program. I hope you have a wonderful week man, and I'll look forward to next Thursday and another Oh no, I'll be gone next Thursday, I'm taking the week off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was, it was, It was on my calendar. Joe made sure that I had all that stuff written down and recorded. So I hope you're doing something fun.
Speaker 2: And relaxing mental health week off. I'm just so exhausted with, you know, the stories I have to deal with every once in while. I just got to take some time off and decompress.
Speaker 4: That's what I'll be doing next, I said Mike McConnell of text, saying hey, you're ready to come back yet after two days being retired, after significance paused for effect, it was like, no, I'm fine, getting a lot more rest now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw more emotion on his face last week than i'd seen anytime I ran into in the hall. And actually, because if you if you know Mike, he's a very emotionless kind of guy. If he's happy, you're sad, just has the same look on his face. I actually saw what really appeared to be a smile on his face multiple times throughout last week.
Speaker 1: I even commented to him on it. He got a big grin on his face when I said it was and.
Speaker 4: It was good to see. It was good to see you that day as well.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm so glad you stopped then because I told you to.
Speaker 4: Be in trouble. If I hadn't, You're right made it a point.
Speaker 1: Brother, You're darn right you would have take care of Jay. Thanks for what you do.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to weeks from no leash you and I will, ma'am. George Brenman was interested to Restore Liberty event, and we also talk some other things going on politically and generally speaking. Restore Liberty dot us. The event is on Sunday, open doors open at four thirty. Get all the details at five KRC dot Com'm just go directly to restore Liberty dot Us because there are only a small number of tickets left. Got some great speakers lined up and some video presentation, so that'll take place on Sunday. Congressman Barn Davidson was on excellent Conversation with a Congressman This Morning podcast at five care sea dot com. Get a copy of Brian Reisinger's book land Ridge Cash Poor, My Family's Hope and the Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer. Probably gonna want to get a copy after you hear the podcast again. Fifty five kr SE dot com. Shaw McMahon filling in for Joe Strecker. You did a wonderful job today. Appreciate what you're doing and I'll see you tomorrow. Folks, have a great day. Don't go away. Glenn Back's coming right up.