Speaker 1: I've just closed my eyes again, climbed aboard the dream, weave the dream, try to take away my resold today, leave tomorrow behind.
Speaker 2: Dream.
Speaker 3: I've believe you can get me through.
Speaker 2: Way. Hey guys, Hey guys, welcome to number twelve, our twelfth episode where we are continuing our awesome discussion on strange dreams.
Speaker 3: You know, I was thinking about the different categories and we forgot one.
Speaker 2: What's that erotic dreams? Right? Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: You know, they are a form of lucid dreams, but they are a type of dream that a lot of people experience, not everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we didn't say anything about.
Speaker 3: I'm not omitting the omissions. I mean, it's it's a thing. It's I know, it's science, it's physiology.
Speaker 2: It happens, it does. So what are we gonna talk about number twelve? Number twelve?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't think we went over in any kind of distinct form the actual stages of sleep.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I remember we talked, we touched it. We talked about REM and in REM non REM sleep, and RAM sleep, which.
Speaker 2: Means rapid eye movement, right, and n REM means non rapid eye movement. That's right.
Speaker 3: So the first one, non REM is when you're first going into sleep.
Speaker 2: And your eyes aren't moving rapidly, and.
Speaker 3: Then when you go into deep sleep, then you.
Speaker 2: Rem your eyes are moving, but you know it's weird.
Speaker 3: REM sleep is sometimes the type of sleep when you're having dreams that you remember.
Speaker 2: Rem nimber Yeah nice, yeah, nice little catchphrase.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you gotta you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So to kick this episode off, we did something unique and included my wife Rock sand not unique to us, no, not unique to us. We did as most of you know, we do it what's called an idea, which stands.
Speaker 2: For investigation destination libation.
Speaker 3: Which consists of three elements that we combine into a trifecta of goodness to kick off an episode when we start our investigation. That's why it's called investigation destination light bait.
Speaker 2: Typically we go we would be doing it in the spot. So, like we went to show showing and we did our investigation destination.
Speaker 3: Libation there and catimulation we kicked off in the show showing.
Speaker 2: Idaho. So did you just say show shine? I literally just said one and a half seconds.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know why I did that.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 3: So like in our so what so like our Spooky Things in Strange Places series, we kicked off with an IDEO at Milner's Gate in Twin Falls, Idaho, and tonight we kicked off our investigation destination libation for strange dreams in our homes because guess where.
Speaker 2: You usually dream?
Speaker 3: That's where we take our naps, in our homes, in our own beds. We didn't want to do it in bed though not Yeah, I didn't want to crawl in bed with Austin and my wife.
Speaker 2: It would be weird.
Speaker 3: So we got out our glasses. We filled them up. This time was something a little bit different. We filled them up with what was that? It was an Irish stout.
Speaker 2: It was weird coming to the little stereo. I'm left and you're right, but no, you're wrong, I am right. There you go. But it was it was impial. It was an impurial stout. It was not imperial. It was just an Irish.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was an Irish Irish stout and nitro Irish stout.
Speaker 2: Can It was a nice looking can you want me to run and grab one? You can fill in the dead air?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, go get one while I I'll just wait. So Austin's running to find the can. Oh yeah, Mongolian chanting because that has everything to do with dreams. Yeah, Austin's going to get his used can of Irish stout. I am filling in the silence here, but it was fun. We kicked off our investigation into strange dreams. We've done a little research online. We found out that there were actually four stages of sleep. Okay, so Austin's back with it.
Speaker 2: Keeps my breath because I literally ran. I know you ran, You ran fast like the wind.
Speaker 3: You don't you almost spit up?
Speaker 2: Okay, he almost spit his beer out, but it in case we need to run our mouth out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's a Friday night, so we are actually having a couple. We are sampling three different beers. We could sample four, but we've already had the fourth. So actually we've had all of these except for those two. Anyway, fifty is usually not a good place to start saying all of them. Yeah, that's true. Anyway, we had because we've tasted them. Okay, so that's in the past. It works. So we did our idel with nitro Irish stout by Breckenridge Brewery out of I don't know, someone in Colorado. It says, fine, Colorado ales, let's go with four columns.
Speaker 2: And it was pretty good. It's pretty good. It is super good.
Speaker 3: It is very smooth. It's got a four point four percent alcohol rate, so it won't kick your butt like Dragon's milk does. And we did it with Irish whiskey. It was bush Nails and bush mills Irish whiskey. And what did we have.
Speaker 2: For the cream? It was just a vanilla cream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a vanilla cream, which isn't the ideal, but it's what we had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we improvised, but it tasted.
Speaker 3: Pretty good except for the mom didn't like it.
Speaker 2: It was nice because this this Irish stout has like a coffee flavor. It does. I don't know if that's intentional or not, but it kind of had a coffee thing. Yeah, it's got it. It's a dark so the vanilla creamer when you drop it in it actually tastes pretty good.
Speaker 3: And the Irish whiskey with that was actually I thought it was exceptional, not as good. I don't think it's as an idel beer. It's not quite as good as Dragon's milk for an ideal. No, I mean, it's hard to beat Dragon's milk for the ideas. But anyway, we had my wife, Rock's hand and Austin's mom.
Speaker 2: Do you remember her? She is a hooker's not.
Speaker 3: He said that one time in an episode and he wasn't being serious. He's a funny guy because their names Rock Sanne.
Speaker 1: Red.
Speaker 3: Those days, your mom never turned on the red light, which is good because yeah, I would feel bad. I'd be like Steam and I want to share you with another boy.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, but anyway, I've heard that song a few times.
Speaker 2: Also, we're drinking right now, Sierra Nevada.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bigfoot Barley Wine style, Haroll.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, it's like nine point six percent.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: It's hoppy.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of Brown Sugar Brown from Line not Lining, Googles.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're talking about, but yeah, it's it's really good. I saw the store and seeing how we're gonna be at a convention here in the near future. I'm gonna say in Boise, Idaho on June thirteenth, it's a Saturday, from nine till five. There is actually a convention, a squatch con convention for all you big foot lovers out there in Boise, Idaho, on Fairview Avenue at a place called Death poof Coffee.
Speaker 2: I've been there. It's cool.
Speaker 3: They have a venue there for concerts and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: We got a booth. We're gonna set it up.
Speaker 3: We're gonna, i don't know, probably see all of our two fans, but we're gonna have fun. I'm going to design maybe some kind of design for bigfoot merchandise of some sort.
Speaker 2: Did you get a sasquatch sign, Tater, Oh? Good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll do something. We're going to do some merch and we're going to be there and we're going to be talking about strange things and it will be the perfect kickoff for our adventure, our first steps into cryptozoological topics.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And we are going to do a series on well, let's just say giant hairy people.
Speaker 2: Yes, shout out to the Viking.
Speaker 3: Yeah to the Viking, a big foot incarnate yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you guys want to come out June thirteenth, twenty twenty and so you might be listening to this like a year down the road. Yeah, they got plenty of time to get ready to go to that, And I don't want to come in twenty twenty one because if you come in twenty twenty one, it's already happened. But maybe they'll have one in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: All the people in Breckenridge, Colorado Place Brewing Company can plan to come down here. That's right.
Speaker 3: And we bought their beer especially to promote Squatch Con twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: They didn't make that one here Nevada. No, I know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying we bought this because of Squatch conwy Ido.
Speaker 2: That's the one I was talking about. The nitro stout that says Breckenridge, Colorado, that says Nevada on Oh yeah, shit here in Nevada all flip flopped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, that didn't work, did it?
Speaker 2: I was confused. I didn't know what you were talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, why would you say anything about Denver people, jerks, because miss Sneath.
Speaker 2: Looking late.
Speaker 3: Here, it's not happening. Didn't happen anyway. People are going to get a lot of drinks if I don't come out as anyways anyway anybody.
Speaker 2: So we talked about about that.
Speaker 3: There are four stages of sleep, and the four stages are in REM one, which is non rapid eye movement stage one, okay, and it's a transition period between being awake and sleeping, and it usually lasts they say, whoever they are that studies sleep sleep guys that it last five to ten minutes. And then you go into n REM stage two or non RIM sleep or non rapid eye movement sleep stage two. And during this stage, your body temperature drops, your heart slows down, your blood pressure drops, and your brain begins to produce sleep. I guess they call them spindles, which are the little things that, yeah, that that are developed.
Speaker 2: To help you sleep.
Speaker 3: I don't quite understand exactly what they are, but we'll dive into that sleep. And that stage usually lasts about about twenty minutes, so before you're really into a deep sleep where you will have like dreams that are memorable, you know, twenty minutes into it, twenty thirty minutes into it, right, So then you hit stage three, which is non RIM stage three, and so it's still a non rapid eye movement sleep state. And in this state, your muscles.
Speaker 2: Relax, mind don't.
Speaker 3: And this is where your blood pressure really drops to a low level and where your deepest sleep occurs. So this is like this is like, this is like when you take a power nap and you're so exhausted and all of a sudden you're just like slabbering on your pillow and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That's what this is.
Speaker 3: It's that deep stage three, non rim sleep, so you're you're not having rapid eye movement.
Speaker 2: So after you do that, the first three stages are basically when it will be one goes on that little thing to pull a lever and turn off those shields and it's like, yeah, that long, long, long turnoff. Yep, that's that's what that is.
Speaker 3: That's what that is. So this is then you hit the good and this is where like the happy, memorable stuff happens, and that is in rim sleep, and rimsleep would be the fourth stage. But during this some weird things happen physiologically, so your brain becomes more active instead of shutting down, it turns back on.
Speaker 2: More active relatively to know when you were sleeping. Yeah, so your first three stages are more active than when you're awake.
Speaker 3: So when they put the sensors on the brain, you know, and they start looking at it, your neurons start firing again, and they're like, things are going on. Yeah, who knows what? I think Maybe you're in contact with another dimension.
Speaker 2: Oh could be.
Speaker 3: But anyway, then your body becomes relaxed and immobilized, and your dreams occur and there's rapid eye movement. But also during the stage, your blood pressure increases. Again, your muscles could flex, and then muscil always flex. Yeah, you're always a flexed muscle. But also this is how how accurate do we want to be in our physiological discussions?
Speaker 2: I mean accurate, but maybe not too.
Speaker 3: Specific because I know things that kind of happened to males in the early morning during this sleep is very common.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think we need to talk about that.
Speaker 3: No, no, or you could play easy to wood. We don't need to erect this subject. No, people that it's not hard to imagine, right.
Speaker 2: You might wake up a little stiff, A little stiff, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: But let's go to Yeah, but that happens during this last stage too, and anyway, but this is where you have dreams and you remember them. Usually most of your dreams occur in rem stays, at least the lucid ones and non daydreams and non visions and those of things, because those are those are dreams, I guess, and there are.
Speaker 2: Things that happen.
Speaker 3: They can even happen while you're awake if you wanted them to.
Speaker 2: I suppose if you see shadow people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's talk about the types of dreams. You can get online and you can find websites that talk about the thirty different kinds of dreams.
Speaker 2: Five best dream scenario.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, there's all kinds of numbers.
Speaker 2: Let's do eight. Let's do the top eight.
Speaker 3: Dream scenarios that we can think of. So do you want to kick it off us? You can just pick your top the one that you think at first? What kind of dreams?
Speaker 2: Well, for me, probably daydreams. Yeah, we talked a little bit about because we were talking about it earlier.
Speaker 3: Dreams where you think you know you're gonna do something fantastic.
Speaker 2: Or fantastic or for me, it's like almost like creating a scenario for myself, and I get pretty intricate with it, like the type of vehicle I'm driving, the way it's set up, and.
Speaker 3: I do thing, Yeah, I do, like I'm gonna do three flips down the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know that you're more of a superhero in your dreams than I am. Well, I'm talking about like just peaceful scenarios usually for me almost like it's it might be a way of meditation for me, because when I get to work in the mornings and when I am driving there, I you know, I'll pretend our dream in my head. I got this nice camper, and my family's there. We got a dog there that we love and he's well trained. And you know, the way the campgrounds positioned I have in my head, and it's realistic. Who's coming in and who's talking with me and what we're talking about. You know, I'm showing Joe my new camper, and I'm showing all the things in life that make you feel. Yeah, And I'm kind of like adding these things together as I get through my morning, because if I don't do that, I might fall asleep, or I'll just think about what I got to do at work all day and then be depressed. Not that my job is terrible, but you know, if you just sit there and you're in the moment at work makes work long, yeah, makes you kind of just entertain your mind. Well.
Speaker 3: And you know, we asked your mom about you know what kind of days. She's different than me. She has dreams about like going camping and about just sitting around the fire and being away and not have similar all the crazy things in life.
Speaker 2: And she has dreams, she said about like she got us alid matching camping chairs and she can't wait to watch.
Speaker 3: Us opens on their faces to be so deliriously happy.
Speaker 2: Austin breaks down, cry and again. And your dreams are action hero.
Speaker 3: I'm always like when the things I always think about what if the robbery came in? And then I'm like, oh, what would I do? And then that's where I have my day dreams, like, oh, this is what I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't be you know, like in the movie theaters where I get mine because of that Batman movie theater shooting that happened. Oh you know, and you think about those things. I put my family on the floor.
Speaker 3: And then you'd run the pipes to the back of the chairs across.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. You know, so silly, and you know it's never gonna happen like that. But that's one of those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are cool. But let's go on now to another category. Let's talk about lucid dreams lucid. So, lucid dreams are the ones that are like hyper real. They call them lucid because you remember them when you wake up and you're involved with them, and they're they make your you know, your blood pressure spike and your heart beat fast, and they're.
Speaker 2: Crazy and you have control in your dreams. You can sometimes yeah, Brock, we've talked about them before, or shout out to my to the double B. He he used to talk about having lucid dreams where he could actually control. Yeah, you know, he's like, well, this is a dream and I know what, I can fly over that mountain or I can you know, punch this person in the face, zero consequences, and he's thinking of it. He's controlling and with the knowledge kind of like Deadpool knows that he's a comic book character. You know, you're in a dream. You can do whatever you whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of like what I was saying too, if you're having a dream. In the dream, you're you're conscious and saying hey, don't do that, but you're.
Speaker 2: Aware that you're in a dream.
Speaker 3: He was like, no, I'm gonna do what I want to do.
Speaker 2: It's a dream man. And then you feel guilty about it. Anyway. Sometimes I have dreams and I don't know if they'd be lucid or not, but like something will happen. Like let's say here's one that happens a lot. I'm in a car or on a bicycle or a motorcycle, and I'm on like a bumpy road and I go over a bump and I just like take off like flying. I like take off like the like the the bump was such a big jump, and I just like, you know, like my momentum is carrying me way further than it should. Like I'm on the moon and I know I'm gonna like crash and I'm gonna hit the ground and it's gonna hurt, and I have that feeling of like falling. But then I know I'm like, well, no, I'm gonna be okay. It happens before you know, I'll just hit the ground. I'll be okay. And then and then I hit the ground and I'm okay, And it's almost like I know what's gonna happen because I've had it before. It's like you create the ending. I don't. I don't really have the cognitive ability to control the dream, but I I can calm myself down in the dream, if that makes sense. It's a weird one, but I think that'd be kind of lucid, like, ye, I'm at least a little bit aware of what's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like lucid dreams. Lucid dreams are the best ones. Okay, so let's go into the next one.
Speaker 2: The worst ones.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, this one's kind of bad nightmares. So I don't know if I've had a lot of nightmares. I remember I know one that you've had, which one where I get stuck to the floor, No, with the and one about the devil. Yeah, that's the one I got stuck to the floor. I don't know what, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. I have like religious dreams, Yeah, spiritual because your upbringing, maybe everything's doom and gloom and terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But at the same time, it's like I'm not that way now. But I do believe in evil. I do believe in those kind of things. So maybe that's a natural way that those things creep into your life.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that.
Speaker 3: One, I had a dream that there was an evil presence that came to when we were living in the double wide trailer down by the river at Grandpa's house.
Speaker 2: And we were in.
Speaker 3: Between moving into a new place there in twin Falls, and so we stayed in a trailer, double wide trailer, and Mom and you and Amber were there. And I come inside the trailer and all of you guys are laying flat on the floor. Your eyes are open and you're looking around, like, watch out, there's somebody in there. But none of you guys could move.
Speaker 2: You were stuck, right, believe you, like catatonic or whatever. Yeah, And then there was like this deep did or whatever, just a.
Speaker 3: Low base kind of thing that you can feel through your whole body, and it just pushed me to the floor and it.
Speaker 2: Just stuck like a magnet, right.
Speaker 3: So I could look around with my eyes, but I couldn't move anything. I was just stuck to the floor. And and I had this idea that, oh, this is like something evil, like the Devil's here or something. And then in my mind I had like, no, you can't be. It has no power over me. And then we were able to get up.
Speaker 4: You have no power candles show lot power, you know, but yeah, and then we got up, and it was weird that stuck with me that dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because do you remember I got like a really bad fever. Well, we remodeled the house. I do remember that, and I was like, it might've been like West Nile or something like. It was bad. I think you had really high fever and just messed up. And because we.
Speaker 3: Had some friends that the wife had a bad go around with. West Nile was right during that same.
Speaker 2: Kind of like lucid like lucid hallucinations like I would actually I saw it like I thought I saw a guy come into our house and he wasn't there. Yeah, and then I like kind of snapped out of it, and I was like, this is weird, but and that might come up late.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, that's a really good I don't think it's in fever dreams, right, Yeah, hallucinations caused by fever, illness, sickness, drugs, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: But A sorry, but you had told me that dream the thing maybe we were talking about one of my dreams or hallucinations, and you had told me about this terrible dream where you were stuck to the floor and everything was shaking. Yeah, So I don't remember if you remember when we were remodeling the house, because I flooded it with a washing machine twice. I only did it. I only flooded it once, but and it was the washing machine's fault both times.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, props to the junior higher doing his own laundry. That's all.
Speaker 3: I'm all I'm saying is thank goodness for insurance, because yeah, that was But yeah, you told me this thing and everything was shaking in your dream, like rattling, like things were falling off the walls, and I've got this fever.
Speaker 2: I'm home alone and the house is torn apart. There's no floors, everything's like moved around and messed up, and I'm like laying on the couch with the TV right next to me, and everything in the house starts shaking and rumbling and falling off the walls, and I was like, this is insane. This has got to be the end of the world. This is and I'm like kind of panicked. So I my thought is to go outside, maybe run to our neighbor's house, who was my uncle, my aunt and uncle ted And I run outside and I have this like moment of clarity where I know they're doing construction and they're repaving the road in one of those those big like flatteners. Yeah, I was driving by the house and it was shaking everything. But I thought, because you had just told me that, and I've got this fever, and I'm weak minded enough as it is, I thought that I was gonna get like attacked. Okay, I'm gonna tell another dream. Okay, I got one. So this one's like totally embarrassing, but I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: If I was a young kid and we go flying, We're gonna go to our first ever professional basketball game in the dream or in Ireland in real life. Okay, so we're gonna fly up there and we're going to go to this game, and I was pretty jacked about going this big exciting thing basketball, pro ball, you know. And and so we get in the airplane, we fly up there and it was like really exciting. And the next day we're going to go to the Portland trail Blazers up into Portland. And that night I have this dream that we're going to the Portland trail Blazers game and Dad and I go down to the latrine while we're watching the game to go to the bathroom. So we come back, so we go down, we go down to the bathroom and in my dream, you know, I'm going to the bathroom, and then it was a bathroom and this what's really weird, Like in my dream, I there was like something fell down and like got in the way of me going to the bathrooms. Like it was it was like a straw wrapper, and it like stuck to me in my dream.
Speaker 2: You know what's going on?
Speaker 3: So I wake up and I had wet the bed. Oh my goodness, I was like, and I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: I was so awful. So what do you do?
Speaker 3: You're like nine ten somewhere like that.
Speaker 2: What I do?
Speaker 3: I'm a I've never went the bed for like since I ever I could remember. What do I do?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to sneak into my mom and dad's bedroom at my aunt and uncle's house where we're staying and tell them so that I won't be embarrassed to have to tell my aunt and uncle.
Speaker 2: So in the middle of the night, I go sneaking in.
Speaker 3: There's probably I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, everybody in the morning passed the bedroom and I go.
Speaker 5: In there and the lights are off and I said, Mom, Dad, I don't know what happened, but I wet the bed, and then the light clicked and it's my uncle.
Speaker 2: I went.
Speaker 3: I was like totally busted. And they probably thought I had like continence problems or something.
Speaker 2: They're probably like that dumb Mikey again, yeah figures.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that's a dumb dream. But anyway, there you go with the fun dream. It's embarrassing, it's funny.
Speaker 2: I had to dream the whole your Devil or Evil House thing. This was at the house we moved into after the double wide. Okay, uh, maybe around the fever dream time actually, because the house the road was actually being worked on. I don't know if you remember. In front of that house was a a manhole cover. I guess it had a fish on it and stuff, and uh, the road was all gray, like they just chip sealed it, and and you.
Speaker 3: Know why that fish was on there, right, No, it's basically saying that this goes to the river. Okay, sorry, but.
Speaker 2: I wake up in my dream. I wake up and nobody's there, and I go outside and I had a golden nugget. I don't know where it is now. It's like a little tiny gold nugget, very awkwardly bumpy shaped gold nugget, and that was going from Earth up to the sky like floating like yeah, like flying like a space ship. And everybody was supposed to be getting onto this nugget, and our neighbors, who were like a Samoan family were getting on and a couple of them weren't able to fit on this nugget that was launching them up to the sky. And you have weird dreams, yeah, And it was basically me and two people from this family, very nice family, on a golden nugget. No no, no, no, everybody left and we were stuck. That was the last one. And then that manhole coverage just and fire shot out of it and the world like split in half.
Speaker 3: That was your dream.
Speaker 2: That was my dream, and it was actually pretty scary. That's weird. But I think it was around that same time, maybe because we were talking about dreams, and that might have been the dream. I told you that.
Speaker 3: You were probably too young to remember your sister having night terrors.
Speaker 2: I vaguely remember like her waking up in the bathroom or in the shower.
Speaker 3: And she would do these things before that, when we were living in Twin Falls, she was probably five.
Speaker 2: It was really creepy.
Speaker 3: She would have these night terrars, and she'd be walking around the house in the middle of the night, pointing at things on the walls, like fire or whatever. She'd see like the walls burst into flames. She'd be walking around and pointing at them and just screaming and crying, and we'd be like, what's going on? And we have to get her back to And I don't think that one's in here either.
Speaker 2: Night terrors. I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I mean it is, but the difference is you're up walking around. I mean it is a lucid dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like people like hurt people. Yeah, punch them. We would have to. We would have to. You couldn't wake her up.
Speaker 3: You'd have to kind of like steer her back to the bed and then she get in bed and she wouldn't remember anything about it.
Speaker 2: It was really weird. Too bad. It wasn't current videotaping.
Speaker 3: I know you could, like you could briber and stuff.
Speaker 2: Saying, hey, can you remember that time you woke up in the shower.
Speaker 3: Three in the morning. You're getting ready for school.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? I'm getting ready for school.
Speaker 3: It's three in the morning.
Speaker 2: What it was weird?
Speaker 3: Okay, so recurring dreams pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody knows what a nightmare is. Yeah, bad dream, You're stuck, the monster's getting you, you're not happy, you're opening the door and your family's there, but your family's dead, or you know, just terrible, terrible dreams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody's everybody's heard those, everybody's got them. And then recurring dreams, which is what Dawn had.
Speaker 2: The one thing we told and kind of like my stick one was yeah, pop a tone.
Speaker 3: It happens over and over again. I don't think I've ever had a recurring dream really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I'll have a dream and I might have like the same kind of thing happened, like maybe I'll fly, but it's always a different scenario. It's not like the same dream over and over again. Yeah, so I've never experienced I've had that.
Speaker 2: Cocoon one I just mentioned where I'm falling and I don't have any control and I hit the trash can and kind of like that's the end of the dream. And I've had the stick one. I'd say those are the two big reoccurring dreams I've had. But those are just dreams that are the same yeah every time, maybe minor differences, but the plot, the way it's brought out is the same. Well.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes people who have recurring dreams have the same dream, maybe little minutia of changes, but the same dream, and they could have it night after night or week after week, you know, intermittently. Ye, but it's continual. That's a weird deal. I mean, yeah, what would cause that? Why would your mind be stuck your subconscious mind in sleep one third of its life. Having the same dream over and over is something trying to tell you something I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 3: So another one is healing dreams. I mean, that's one that you can look and there's a category for that. And healing dreams are supposedly messages from outside of time and space or whatever that makes you, you know, warns you get you to do something so that you change something that makes your life better.
Speaker 2: I've heard of dreams like that where you even solve your own problems in a dream, And sometimes I wonder if maybe there's a different category for this. But like a healing dream could be like a coping mechanism, you know, like that the dream with the snake, you were going to Twin Fall or to Salt Lake. Every weekend. Maybe it was me being afraid that something would take you away longer or something, or you know, something like that, and my brain's trying to process my feelings and it's kind of like coming to a resolution in your brain. Yeah, it could be. I know.
Speaker 3: Another thing, like with healing dreams. A lot of times people who have healing dreams will be in their dream they'll be warned that they're they have cancer or they need to get something checked, like like, Hey, I had a dream and in my dream, I lost my voice and there was a lump on the side of my neck. I think I better go get it checked. Even though there's no.
Speaker 2: Incentive, influences them to go in.
Speaker 3: So they go and they get checked and sure enough, thyroid, they have something going on. Yeah, and actually will lead to their healing or that something is fixed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that's kind of like maybe your body knows and it's like.
Speaker 3: Brain getting a way to communicate to you that your conscious mind that you've got to go and get checked.
Speaker 2: Well, that's pretty cool if the body does weird things, So that's not like a psychological thing, it's more of a physical It could.
Speaker 3: Be I mean, I don't know, I mean, but that's just kind of how they categorize it is that it leads to healing or at least to understanding what's wrong so that you can try to get fixed or whatever. Next one would be prophetic dreams. You're prophetic, your face is prophetic. But yeah, prosthetic, prosthetic, prosthetic dream dream. Yeah you can basically you take off your old dream and put on a new dream, a bigger one. I like it better. It's bionic. But so yeah, prophetic dreams. So prophetic dreams are precognitive.
Speaker 2: Or psychic.
Speaker 3: So it's like you're getting information that's beyond our time demain. So maybe my dream that I told you about at the beginning could.
Speaker 2: Fit in that it was pathetic and prothetic.
Speaker 3: If it's getting if it's giving me information about the future, that would be a prophetic dream. Or a lot of biblical dreams in the Bible are prophetic dreams because they are they're telling history in advance.
Speaker 2: And maybe the healing dreams and prophetic dreams kind of collide. They could in your personal life and the same. Yeah, like your body knows, oh man, your thyroid cancer, like we talked or whatever, and you have this dream that your lump, your neck is swollen, and you could consider it prophetic that you go to the doctor and you find out you have cancer. Yeah, or it could have been your body. So those two kind of might kind of cross over in like a personal aspect, but prophecy in terms of like I had a dream that my sister got in the car wreck and it was terrible, and you wake up the next day to a phone call it your sister just wrecked in her car and she's in the hospital. That would be like a really good obvious and yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally yeah. So basically it's your subconscious mind warning you and getting your conscious mind to understand something that is coming. How it knows, who knows?
Speaker 2: That gets to that whole weird thing.
Speaker 3: Where does your brain go? What happens? Are you're getting downloads from an extra dimension from next from another entity source power I don't know, as the Aliens, the Aliens, or the Nepheline or the Eloheen or the Council of Gods.
Speaker 2: You decide.
Speaker 3: Hey, And by the way, I just want to say this because I haven't said this for a while. If this kind of stuff freaks you out, you know that we're talking about if it makes you feel weird, don't quit listening. Go talk to your counselor.
Speaker 2: Counselor this is scary.
Speaker 3: You need to hear this stuff, So I don't talk to your counselors.
Speaker 2: Trying to say is we're not like Bible thumpers, but we do talk about like some of the more weirdy, maybe religiousy stuff.
Speaker 3: Well that's who I am. I'm not gonna try to be somebody different, but I'm not going to Bible thump anybody either. Okay, you want to go to the next one. Yeah, signal dream Do you know what those are? Take a guess.
Speaker 2: I think that would be more like what I was talking about, where you're like, I'm afraid that my dad's gonna get taken away from me because he leaves every weekend, and so my brain's kind of filling in the gaps with this snake. It's kind of a I don't know, would you consider it kind of the same, Like your brain's kind of like dealing with your your internal problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So a signal dream would be it's a way that your subconscious minds basically is helping you solve problems or make decisions in your waking.
Speaker 2: Life, So deal with something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, situations in your life are going on, and the dreams are trying to get you to to help you to answer questions may have or to deal with those things that are affecting you in real life.
Speaker 2: Maybe those dreams of you get need by a snake or to make me, you know, give you an extra hug or whatever to kind of like compensate for you being gone. And my I keep going back to the same thing. But it's good to have any you know.
Speaker 3: What I think about is like, okay, so what would that be. Well, I mean we were long distance away and it was no fun to be separated by our family, and so I think, oh, that long snake was that job, you know, three hundred miles away, and sure it wasn't killing me, but it was eating me alive.
Speaker 2: To have to me every week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, I mean, so who knows what your brain saying, the mind of a ten year old or whatever you were at the time.
Speaker 2: And you've I've heard stories and it's like in like every crime movie where the guy's like eating his yogurt in the movie and he's working on this murder case for weeks, he's eating his yogurt and he's like, somebody's like, do you want granola in your yogurt? And he's like granola, yeah, of course. And then he like solves his problems and just kind of by happenstance. I wie almost wonder if that's like these kind of dreams is like you're going to bed. You hear like musicians or like inventors. You know, they just went to bed and they had this dream and they woke up and instead of a typical sliding piston in a motor, it was a rick or a triangular rotary motor rotary motor. It was a triangular motor instead of a piston throwing up and down. And they're like, oh, what if you could do that? And then they solve kind of this they create.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they get an invention or there they solve a problem during their sleep, right because they thought about it so hard and then it actually loosens up enough of your brain that you actually have something come through that solves the problem.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: So the next one is something that you know that they have a lot of times. I'll call them great dreams or epic dreams. Okay, and these are the big ones. These are the ones that you don't forget. So like the one I told the river and to me, that is an epic dream, but it's also a lucid dream. So these categories are a wishy washy, right, but they are dreams that impact your life.
Speaker 2: And change your life. Right.
Speaker 3: They are so impactful they cause you to think and change about the way you do life. And yeah, yeah, not everybody has those. I mean some people do, and you'll hear about them. And like if you watch Oprah or whatever and somebody comes on that has changed or done something great, a lot of times they'll talk about I had this dream or I had this vision or whatever and it was so powerful that it made them change. Yeah, and that's what an epic dream or a great dream is. It's something that you will not forget. You don't have to try to conjure it up, and it will be on your conscious mind every single moment that it needs to be to impact your life and cause change.
Speaker 2: Right, So what about dreams, I mean, maybe kind of an epic dream, but what about you know, I have a dream like Martin Luther King.
Speaker 3: I would say that is an epic dream and he probably had that as a dream, a dream dream, and then it was a conscious and then it was a slogan. It was a life principle for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about me? I have the dream to become a more not me in particular, but let's say I have the dream to be a rock star. What kind of dream would is that? I mean, we use that terminology dream, but it's.
Speaker 3: Like a I think you fantasize and day dream it about it enough. Well, there's fantasy too, right, fantasy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you dream it.
Speaker 3: You in your mind, you see yourself as that, And I mean that is a dream.
Speaker 2: You have aspiration dreams, your your long term goals. That are dreams in there. Things you want to achieve, you know, like my wife doing Broadway or you know, you being Picasso or something.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be Picasso. That's too cubist for me.
Speaker 2: Oh my good.
Speaker 3: But anyway, it's a little he's a little square.
Speaker 2: It's a little square. Yeah, I'm more flowy. You're more flowy. You're more of a vincent ven Goo.
Speaker 3: No ven Go as well. He's kind of that way, but he had he had some st d s. Yeah, I don't want that. I don't want to cut off my ear.
Speaker 2: That would be bad. Yeah, bad.
Speaker 3: I could be a monet Claude money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about uh? The Michael Michael he's pretty flowy, he is. He's got those arms and they're like I'm gonna touch you. God. He was pretty awesome. He was pretty good.
Speaker 3: And Leonardo, don't forget Da Vinci.
Speaker 2: The DiCaprio for he's an artist.
Speaker 3: No, his flying round is just to say the planet I'm on Austin.
Speaker 2: You know what DiCaprio is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he goes around lectures people about how they need to carbon carbon lifestyle as he flies around his jet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, diesel rit krit Sorry.
Speaker 3: Leonardo, if I said that and you're hearing this, ever, I apologize.
Speaker 2: It was amazing, it was a very nice and I know that's not your goal, so I apologize. It's good for people to try to save the planet. I agree. If there weren't people out there trying to save the planet, then there would be probably more trash.
Speaker 3: It's just harder to hear from some people than others. Let's just put especially you don't.
Speaker 2: Argue with your goal. What was I gonna say though? You were talking about Leonardo DiCaprio, Da Vinci. Yeah, that other. He's a good inventor. He draws lots of blueprints and designed some of them. A little weird, but yeah, but I mean he could be a little.
Speaker 3: I'm a little the vincier, the dicaprisque, dicapriesco.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh divin what you do? Not know what that means? I don't know, just making it up, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, gosh, we we've got to I think we've got a full episode. Yeah, we've just scratched the surface. We have some really cool dreams that we want to go over.
Speaker 2: This is fun.
Speaker 3: I'm loving this dream podcast because it's funny how it's just tying stuff into other stuff and it's fun.
Speaker 2: Come back next time.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have more stories, more dream stories. We're going to dive in a little deeper about sleeping, and we're gonna maybe try to give examples of each of the seven or eight categories I guess that we talked about today.
Speaker 2: As always, we'd ask that you give us a review, like us, follow us on the Facebook and the twitters and the googleizers yep, and the instagrams.
Speaker 3: So we really appreciate you guys, keep listening. We'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: So join us next time for some cold drinks and some strange conversations Paters and peters