Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started, Ladies and Gentlemen, Hour number two, four o'clock hour. Here on a Thursday, A beautiful day, wendy, very windy. In fact, I was running around all day. It was one of those days that when I got here, I had already had a good amount of preparation taking care for the show. As I always say, believe it or not, I do prepare. But I was kind of kind of checked out for a couple of hours, just being busy doing you know, growing up stuff, running errands. Did get my car washed too, by the way, and a long line, very long line. But it went quick, like I'm pulled in and like, all right, if this thing goes as quickly as they as they claim it does, then then I shouldn't be a big deal. And sure enough, it went really quick. But I did the thing. I didn't put it.
Speaker 3: I thought I put it in neutral, and I didn't.
Speaker 2: So then it was in drive still and I took my foot off the brake and it bumped forward and there was like three due.
Speaker 3: Someone was in your passenger seat, what do I say?
Speaker 2: So then I I quickly stopped, and then he had me kind of like back up and get right back on the on what I needed to, you know, with the car needed to be sitting on. And then I put it in neutral and I put my hands up like I was getting out of the vehicle, as if I was being arrested at gunpoint. And then it went through, went smooth. So yeah, uh, the car got a bath, and it was it was very much needed. But anyways, I was checked out, thinking like maybe I missed some stuff that, you know, that that would have been good things to bring up on the show, and I really can't. I mean, there's a lot of things we're still gonna get to in these next couple of hours. But I always had that little fear about, all right, if I if I'm not plugged in on AX and Twitter for an hour, then I'm gonna miss something and I'm gonna feel like the biggest bozo out there, because you know, it's gonna be something that everybody's talking about and I just don't even know about it, which, by the way, that happens, like I I mean, I can't live online twenty four to seven one, because that wouldn't be healthy for me, and also like that that's not how I want to live. But with this there's always that, you know, I think even people listening now that just consume content like this show like it's just it's it's kind of like your lifestyle. Not to say that, like you know, it's your life.
Speaker 3: Maybe it is.
Speaker 2: If it is, then thank you for giving us your life. But you know what I mean, like you want to you want to be up, you want to be up to date as best you can on like what's going on with the local teams around here and in you know, honestly, that's that's kind of how I've the people who consume stuff like this regularly, Like I feel like that's a lot of you. And there's some people that you know, you get in the car on your way home or I don't know where, maybe you're running your daily errands or whatever it is during three to six at some point in that window of time, and you catch us and you've enjoyed, hopefully, and if you and enjoyed, then you probably wouldn't keep listening. But anyways, this is not something that I'd planned on talking about, but I do find it interesting? Have you heard about the most recent media fight?
Speaker 3: You hear about this all time? We got to talk about it.
Speaker 2: So a guy who I've never really known who he was, Like, I've never understood like where he came from, like what his background is. But he's got a ton of followers. He does the thing on He's one of those guys that probably got his foot in the door with a legitimate, like mainstream media type job covering sports because he had a massive following that he built online that the network simply knew they could benefit from that. And his name is Jordan Schultz. You know who that is, So google him Jordan Schultz s c ch u ltz because I have a feeling you may recognize as mug because he's somebody that like. And I'm trying to pull up his Twitter and this used to be like I don't think this is still a thing, but there's a lot of folks like you ever heard the name Gosh, I can't think of this guy's They used to cover the NBA and work for I think the ringer Sam Vassini.
Speaker 3: You know that name?
Speaker 2: Yes, So Sam Bassini, a guy who, again, you know, I don't know what's back. I've seen this guy so like he he'll have like I'm trying to find his his socials. I don't see him on ya on Twitter. Is this is a legitimate Yeah, his Twitter account. I mean he's got three hundred and twenty five point five thousand followers on Twitter, but he also follows one hundred and eight thousand people, So he did a lot of mass follow to get a follow in return, because they'll see, wow.
Speaker 3: Schultz Report he works for Fox. Yeah, used to work for Bleacher Report.
Speaker 2: Like they'll they'll see that and think, Okay, I better be following this guy. He chose to follow me. But really it's just strategic. Sam Vassini did the same thing. And look, they do good work. Clearly they're they're they're making they're in the business. So I don't want to like act like I'm belittling them, but really like they became kind of big online before they got it, and like that's that's not that uncommon.
Speaker 3: But anyways, what I was getting at is he.
Speaker 2: Is he's always claimed to be, you know, a real big insider, like getting all the scoop, and I think he currently works.
Speaker 3: For is it Fox?
Speaker 2: Let me pull it up here anyways, he was in he got into it, and I don't even like, can you call it a fight if it's not physical, you can, because like couples fight, but it's not physical. But he is now with Fox Sports, and he confronted NFL Networks Ian Rappaport, who everybody knows, right like rap sheet, Yeah, I mean he's he's he's to me, the closest competition that Chefty has, right, Yeah, I mean like it because yeah, yeah, he's so you know. I actually I like Rappaport quite a bit, but sometimes he can do like he can he can just be you know, like it's just a personal taste kind of thing for me. But like if you take yourself like way too serious, like it's just like, you know, not that I don't like you, not that I don't respect you, it's just like, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: It's not that serious, bro, Like I don't, you know, nothing bothers me more And I don't know why. It's just everybody's got something that just gets to them, gets under their skin, and you don't even really know why. You wish it didn't bother you the way it does. You know, it doesn't bother other people the way it bothers you. But the live on air rather be a radio interview, or you're doing a TV hit on set of Sports Center and you got three phones on the table.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you don't need three phones, you jerk.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say you a whole like, like, like, what are you trying to like you don't need three phones? Like you're just trying to make it very obvious that you're so connected when we already know that.
Speaker 3: And then like when.
Speaker 2: Chefty's when Chef Y's live on TV with Scott Van Pelt and he has to do look, Scott, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Got I gotta, I gotta take this s Austin sorry, Like.
Speaker 3: That's not real.
Speaker 2: And you and I, if you're really doing your job, ESPN wouldn't put you up there to do it. They would say, no, you work the phones. We pay you the big bucks to break the stories. And like it's just such an obvious force to make it look like, I mean, this guy's got everything, which again they do have the scoops, but it just has always been such a fake thing to look like everybody's wanting to talk to you, and like It's just it's like an insecurity thing that you want that to be even more evident than it it's already naturally there, like, don't overdo it.
Speaker 3: Does it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Get picked on in high school having a as people.
Speaker 2: Say, Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if that was the background in anyways, these two guys, I guess the best word to use. Everybody's calling it a media fight, which I do love. I do love the I think I might have been a Bigcat from Barstool who put it out there as far as how he described it, But anyways, Fox Sports reporter Jordan Schultz confronted NFL Network reporter Ian Rappaport in person at the Starbucks and the JW.
Speaker 3: Marriott Lobby.
Speaker 2: So apparently this happened in Indianapolis at the NFL Draft combine. It was first reported in detail by Pro Football Talk and then ended up coming up on the Barstool podcast Pardon My Take with PFT and Bigcat, and it says the two dueling NFL insiders were at odds over conflicting reports regarding Tom Brady and Matt Stafford. Earlier in the day, Schultz reported that Brady recently hosted Stafford at his home in Montana with the intent of wooing the quarterback to the Raiders. Rappaport contradict the report, saying that the two ran into each other and that the meeting was unplanned, was not extensive or in depth, and did not include Brady hosting or recruiting Stafford, despite reports saying otherwise. So Schultz then doubled down, writing quote, if you really think Tom Brady and Matt Stafford just happened to run into each other at a ski resort in Montana, of all places, at the exact same time, I've got a bridge to sell you. Eventually, Brady's agent did end up telling Rapaport at Rappaport's NFL media colleague, Tom Pellasero, quote, I know that reporters sometimes make mistakes in their haste, but this story's inaccurate.
Speaker 3: So, according to Pro.
Speaker 2: Football Talk, Schultz verbally accosted Rappaport at the Starbucks and basically saying this is what he said. If you have anything to say to me, say it to my effing face. If this continues, we're going to have an effing problem problem. Schultz told the outlet that he didn't remember using profanity, but acknowledged having a verbal confrontation with Rappaport, who referred to the altercation who by the way, yeah, he told on him went.
Speaker 3: To the NFL security.
Speaker 2: Schultz and reps for Rappaport and NFL media did not immediately respond to text messages from Front Office Sports seeking comment. So here here's what I believe happened. So Rapaport, he's capital j og, traditional mainstream, he's he's appointed, right, my man established, my man Schultz self mate and.
Speaker 3: Does get scooped sometimes.
Speaker 2: And here's what I know about Schultz, A little bit young, younger guy. He's got his father. His father is a celebrity in some former fashion. Because I learned that recently and didn't know it, which that helped me. That actually helped me get a better understanding for sort of how Jordan Schultz was able to be like so connected without like really any reason other than you know, decent fol Like he's kind of an unknown guy, like you see him, Like when I said Jordan Schultz, you didn't know the name Austin, but when you look at his face you knew you've seen him.
Speaker 3: Right, So Howard Schultz is is.
Speaker 2: Is that is that the CEO of Starbucks because I knew, yes, so, but but is that really his Now now I gotta look it up because because the scenario, yeah, his son, yeah he so that that is that is an element to this. I wasn't even aware of that. The altercation took place at a Starbucks where, you know, his dad happens to be the founder of you know, one of the biggest brands on the planet. So that that that that explains a little bit more so how he's got some resources maybe some uh yeah, resources internally to kind of prop him, Like he can basically use money, daddy's money if if I may to like be an insider, right like, you know, not do it the traditional way. So here's what I have learned about Jordan Schultz when he does get scoops and when so he's very wealthy, right, so he actually hangs out with some players, Like I don't know if he's buying, like buying you know, if he's you know, paying a lot of money just to be able to rub elbows with him, if he's actually friends with him. But he he's talking more so to players. He doesn't talk to agents, the ogs like Chefty and of course rapaport, they talk to agents. Agents don't talk to Schultz because they don't see him as a legitimate guy. They just think he's some you know, But he's also not just some random dude in his mom's basement his dad found at Starbucks. So my guess is that he did get good info from just knowing people in the NFL, maybe one of those two. And this is this is you know, there's people here in this market, people who you know, cover Louisville that do a great job. They're as connected as anybody. But man, if somebody gets something before them, they will report the same thing, but report it entirely differently as if they actually had the scoop in the other person didn't.
Speaker 3: Right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So like they hate to get got and get scooped by somebody that you know didn't go through the you know, didn't go through the you know, the boot camp. Whatever it is about being additional way exactly, I used to run into that all the time, and I don't really know what the path is now because now really getting into whatever this is like you better have you better be doing something elsewhere, you know what I mean? Like you better be you know, you better have a platform that that was on your own, like whenever I used to get credentialed and I am now still, but like when I first started getting credential to go to cover UFL games just with my blog that I started, gosh fifteen years ago, like it was a you get a lot of side eyes from people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was this guy. Yeah, like this is Guy's not a case. Guy's not real. Who's he?
Speaker 2: So, like, you know, you you kind of get a chip on your shoulder. That's good, you bringing up to Dave Jennings. I like that, but the you know, you kind of get a chip on your shoulder and you kind of become hungry to maybe continue to do it. You're way, but like also work, work your ass off and and and you know get it. However, you do do a good job whatever way you whatever way is your way, if that makes sense. Like I remember, there were people that were not very nice to me, and I don't mean like they bullied me, but like they were they were pricks to be honest with you. And then there were some people that knew that that were kind of a part of the traditional media that that like were nice to me and like knew that, like people were kind of being crappy. And again, I don't want to misrepresent it like I was. I was going home and crying myself to sleep. But you know, you get some sideways looks. Uh, you know, you get you know, I remember saying hello to somebody who didn't say hello back to me intentionally and ignored me and it and it made me feel like I was two inches tall and it it made me mad and then sad, and then like I just realized, Okay, this is what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna not care. I'm just going wrong with Tom. I'm just yeah, it's cold outside that when at there to day is brutal. Man.
Speaker 2: Don't let that son deceive if you. But anyways, he so you know, you remember that kind of stuff. And I won't say on the air who it is, but I'll tell you it is off the air, Austin. But anyways, there were people who you know, they kind of you know, they were friendly with me, and then some of them actually gave me a good opportunity.
Speaker 3: Like Chip Cosby.
Speaker 2: He was working at C and two Sports at the time, and you know he was He's a guy who covered Kentucky and U of L for for many years.
Speaker 3: Chip's a great.
Speaker 2: Guy, and he was kind to me and had me on his TV show, right, he had the blogger on his TV show, not one of the capitol Jay's still working in print journalism, and that, you know, that was a that he didn't have to do that, and that, you know, that one that helped me made me look more you know, official, even though I'm not. And you know that was nice. Cel Brown great to me when nobody else was. And see is a great guy, really good guy and does great work. And you know, I just I don't agree with everything he says at times. And I'm sure none of these guys agree with everything I say all the time. So it's not about like you know, it's just those are things that always stick with me.
Speaker 3: You know, Jeff Greer was great to me.
Speaker 2: He got here a little bit later after I'd already kind of started, but you know, he was Jeff's a good friend, and and you know, you remember those kind of people because but nowadays, like you go to a game Credentials, which I still go from time to time, and man, the majority of it is is fan driven creators, right like I called them creators. Creators now because it's not necessarily like just a blog, like you got to be creating content in all aspects of it, Instagram, TikTok, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: So I think that's what happened here.
Speaker 2: I think Schultz, I think he probably did have because he's right. I mean, and this is where a rapaport screwed up. This is where he just got too big for his breeches and didn't read the room instead of just you know, because you're you know what you're I guess supposed to do. And I realized early on, like I did break. I did break two stories. I put them out before anybody else. And I don't say I broke them to say that nobody else had it. I just remember knowing that nobody else put it out there and I did, and I guess that led to me getting credit. But like that's there. Used to be like some real gatekeepers when it comes to stuff like that, right, Oh, I had it first on board. Well, it's not public information. I made a public information. I don't I don't sign up to go to read your board, you know what I mean? Like, but Ryan Taylor was a twenty eleven signee for Louisville. Rick Patino was from Indianapolis, ended up transferring to Louisville Western High School, and I knew that he did not qualify academically and was not going to make it, which ended up happening. He ended up ended up going I think, to do a year at hard Grave and then you up at Marshall, I believe, but I put it out there that he didn't qualify and that he was not you know, he signed, but he will not be a part of the team. And I remember Lachlan McClain oh referenced it on his show and he mentioned the Cardinal Connect is reporting and I'm like, oh, here we go. And then you know, I felt like that that was that was a big deal for me. And then also I don't I shouldn't claim that like I had I put it out there first, but I just remember like not keeping up with who was putting what out but I put it out and then people started saying, at the card Connect had it first, or like hat tip to this person was Wayne Blackshear when he was first going to be able to play after he injured his shoulder. So anyways, you know, these are things that like you know, I remember thinking, okay, wow, like that that this I'm doing a good job, I guess. But then I saw how caddy it is, how seventh grade girl, like some of the people in that industry are that. I'm like, I don't, this isn't me, and like I don't, Like I never wanted to be the guy who had scoop or broke stories. I wanted to have fun and be a fan, you know what I mean. Yeah, so like I never I kind of just shifted away from that whole thing after that. But again back to Rapaport for him to say they ran into each other and it wasn't anything super formal. That is you with a full diaper because somebody had something and you're trying to like again report it, but different report it to say they didn't actually have anything. They were just wrong. Here's what happened. Like that's you just not owning not even an L. It's not an L. But instead of just acknowledging that somebody had something, you put it out there and you know, in a different way. So I do love the guy for saying, you know, keep my name out. If you have something to say to me, say to my effing face. And also if you do it again, we're gonna have a big effing problem. Which also like Rapport, who've always kind of liked to take that to the NFL security what.
Speaker 3: A dow right? Like are you?
Speaker 2: I mean again, I guess technically like if you feel like you're in danger, you should, but like what a narc you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You got this rich soy boy son coming at you just get mad and you're just gonna how do you even go?
Speaker 3: But the rich boy your son is coming is coming correct?
Speaker 1: Right? That?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's that's true. But like you said, there to be scared of him crazy. There's gatekeepers and there's someone that who's this guy? Right?
Speaker 4: Like I said, who this guy ever beat? And he's getting a story right over me? How do you even what is there like an NFL security officer standing there that he forms a complaint with or does like he calls somebody in the end if I don't know how that process goes, but it sounds it sounds very sounds very deep.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, and I'll tell you what I think.
Speaker 2: I think if to give some level of the benefit of the doubt here to rap Aport, what I would say, is you know that that guy's dad is the founder of Starbucks, which means he's bookoo billionaire status, And people with that kind of money you kind of feel like they got power to do anything they want to you and probably get away with it.
Speaker 3: I don't mean that they would or should, or even.
Speaker 2: If that's the reality of it, but like, if I was fearful, I would be fearful of that, you know what I mean? Like, there's certain people that like they probably have the ability to like you.
Speaker 3: I'll give you an example. There's a good example.
Speaker 2: I mean, if Tom Jerche wanted to when he was here, he could ruin your life, ruin your career if you were in this space, and everybody knew that and operated with the understanding that you didn't want to you didn't want to be that much on.
Speaker 3: His bad side. Also, the bigcat tweet that I.
Speaker 2: Can't find was something along the lines of, here we go, it's a good old fashioned media fight. You know what this means, fellas, Let's get prepared, get to your corners, get out of your laptops, and fight online.
Speaker 3: Isn't that perfect? The blogger wars.
Speaker 2: I missed those days kind of not really all right, We'll take a break, come back on the other side.
Speaker 3: Keep the party going.
Speaker 2: It's coffee and Company and we're fueled by Thorntons right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest, I feel like this may be the first time you've ever played J Cole it is.
Speaker 3: I'm really not a big JA Cole. Oh dude, I was getting ready to tell you.
Speaker 2: I don't know why or how it became lame to like J Cole because you, I think speak for a lot of people that like just kind of think like he's corny or something. And yes, that's that's to me. That's totally like an individual opinion, right, Like, sure, you know what I think is corny. Other people might not thinks Corney so like, but I know that. I mean, clearly he's popular enough to where he's super successful. But like when J Cole mixtape J Cole emerged, Yes, I mean he was.
Speaker 3: He was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: He was like when I remember discovering him, not like me, but like, well I did. But when I when I found out who he was, not like I made him famous or anything. I think. I think everybody know what I meant, but the way it came out, I'm like, wait a second, I don't want to want to want to want to make people. I don't want to give anybody the chance to say that I'm acting like I had anything to do with this guy becoming a really really big deal. But like the wounded him the warm up in two thousand and nine, Yes, I mean, I feel like he was, in my opinion, a guy that was on the trajectory to be like legendary hip hop status. Like I mean, he did, in fact get the he got his first co sign that made him a big deal from jay Z, so like I you know, and he had a lot of really really good work like even so like from two thousand and nine to like twenty twelve, like I felt like he was my favorite artist at the time who was putting out new work. Now, he got a little in high school, he got a little too artsy for me in a while, you know, like the production and all that. But you know, like I think he's super talented. And then at some point I remember kind of being you know, checked out on what's new and what not in hip hop and then I realized, like, okay, well, like everybody thinks he's corny, and like.
Speaker 3: He's is he relevant anymore? Like does he still make music?
Speaker 4: Not really, he's just he's he's I would, I would agree with your sentiment. I loved him, like I said, the warm up the Friday Night Lights mixtape, like he was.
Speaker 3: He was fireback then.
Speaker 4: It was very influential to me when I was in high school, and I love some of his beats. A blow up was always great, and I even born center. What this one's from was a pretty good bord Center was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then after that, you're right, it became artsy, it became till's dry was not good. Yeah, where he's sitting on the house like I never and then he had the he had the thing where he was wasn't he playing for like not d League, but like playing overseas basketball?
Speaker 3: And it's weird.
Speaker 4: I did tell you what what made me like him is at the height of uh at, at the height of hating John Calipari, he says on.
Speaker 3: A uhh yeah, yeah, I remember, he said.
Speaker 4: He says, your old man acts like a blank like Tyler Perry. You caught him down in Memphis cheating like cal Erry.
Speaker 3: It was like right as soon as Cow got to it was.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, so he had a like he'll his projects late. Just really, you know, I thought Forrest Hill's drive was was was okay, but it was when it started to go in that direction where just wasn't quite my taste and then for your Eyes Only was weight like it just it was almost like a all right, like he tried to mix both like being his old self but also like yeah, we having way too much like DJ Khalid involved and all that, and it was just I don't know, but yeah he was.
Speaker 4: He did the weird thing where he got involved with the Drake and Kendrick beef and then just like backed out and then like that made him look a little bit corny or two. But I don't know, the weird the weird clothing. He tried to go like a Kanye West route, looking like a two indie rapper and like the uh, it's I don't know it just.
Speaker 2: You do you remember the song Grew Up Fast that he did in twenty twelve. It was on the Friday Night Lights album. Well let Me See I feel like this is one of those songs that became bigger after like it was already out for a little while, but you can't play it on the air, and I don't think if they even edited it would sound because but but like that, to me, listen, listen to grow up fast during the break, or at least reference it to Seef you remember it, because to me that that is like the best example of like when he's good, I thought he was legendary and then you know, just honestly what it comes down to, and this is really a lot of things in entertainment, whether you're a musician, whether you're a actor, Like in a way, actor is probably not the best way because you're playing different roles when you're on different jobs. But like he didn't have a lot of charisma, you know what I mean? Yeah, like his music at Tom spoke for itself, but really that's all it was. Like he just didn't really command a lot of Like he didn't have a lot, he didn't command a lot of good way to put it, Yeah, like wrestlers, like if you don't have that that factor like where you were captivating in one way or the other, charisma, you know, charismatic, like especially if you're going to be somebody that people like like that. That's a huge part of it. And I think, look, music's great, none that really mad. But I think in hip hop, especially the more everything became online where you're visible all the time, like everybody knows what you look like, your appearents, like, you know, you need to be you need to be active and appealing in that in that space, so you'll get easily forgotten.
Speaker 3: And left behind.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I've always been a big J Cole fan, especially early on, and then I kind of like, honestly, I forget about him now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Man.
Speaker 2: He had that that that the music you mentioned probably when you were in high school, to be honest with you, or right after high school.
Speaker 3: That was when I was like, he was all I listened to in the gym. Yeah, oh it was baller music.
Speaker 2: It was motivation, like yeah, baller like it was, and it was you know, it was it was somewhat of a I don't know, like it wasn't ninety nine percent context about things that like I would clearly know nothing about and not relate to.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's a lot of great hip hop that a lot of us listen to over the years, rap that like we know they're talking about stuff that is in like, heck, I listened to I mean I'm trying to think of like, like what is it Yogotti? Like I would listen to Yogati and and and start for a second thinking I'm a different person now, like I might actually hit the street, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, there's there's clearly you could appreciate the art form of music if the substance and the content that they're speaking of is clearly not you know, not your life.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean I lived on a Yeah, shout out to Jaco. Yeah, I'll get Jake holes flowers. But that was me, dude. I grew up on a military base in Tucson, Arizona, the most the most protected lifestyle you can think of. You leave your wallet somewhere, someone will return it with money in it, probably, but I would. I was listening to three six Mafia and like Project Pat riding on the bus leaving base acting like that I was tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, whenever you're young, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: When you're young like that, you don't really know who you are, so you're kind of trying to find yourself.
Speaker 3: So whenever you just you get.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many people listening now or how many people do you know that in a certain era of their life they were like four different people, not necessarily as human beings, but like they were trying to find themselves, right, Like that's just part of being a young person in your teens and even in your early adult years.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know, I think a lot of me. I'm not sure that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's not something people like can like think about often. But if you give it some thought, I bet you know there's a stretch where you're kind of just trying to find yourself and then you know, life goes on, you find your niche, and then you wake up and you're thirty seven with two kids, and like, you don't really like that's life now. It's taking care of two humans that you you know you love unconditionally, and you don't really know what unconditional love means until you have children. So this is the Doctor Phil Show today on Coffee and Company.
Speaker 4: But if you need to fall back into what it's like to be in the trap and slaying them, slaying that dope, you can always listen to some music and kind.
Speaker 3: Of feel feel that way. Yeah, it's like an escape. Yeah exactly. Yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 4: You can go be uh Andre three thousand for a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Out Cast super legendary, certainly well respected, never really caught on, never really caught the wave, Andred three thousand bucks self with bars is just one of the best things you'll ever hear. But like Outcast, like I'm sorry, Miss Jackson was great. Like again, I didn't dislike. I'll put it this way, They're like the Ora Clark to me, right, I'm not saying they're not good, but I just you know, I never really caught and this is a this is a disorder that I have, and this is this is gosh. I guess music and really a lot of things in life. I guess if I can't match the majority of the fans and their obsession and love, then I just kind of feel left out.
Speaker 3: Therefore, I kind of don't gravitate towards it.
Speaker 2: Let me get an example the same way as I like, let me give an example like Zach Bryan.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think he's he's good, but I can't I can't relate or get to the cult following of it to where like I'm just kind of I feel unwelcome, Like I feel like I don't belong because same, I think the dude's fine, and there's a lot of artists that are like that with me, like that, I that I it's also well, I was gonna say it's kind of like that with bourbon, but I would be a liar even to say that I like bourbon. I don't dislike it, but because I can't like do a tasting and tell you, oh, this one's definitely eight barrel and this one yeah they they this was they put this yeah yeah, yeah, Like I just you know, I feel like I feel left out. This is all right real quick before we get to our next break. NFL Draft combine going on right now in Indianapolis. The four Louisville players there, Tyler Shuck, Ashton Jealotti, Yah yah, I'm sorry, yeah, yeah, he's already the NFL Ashton Jealotti, Quincy Riley, and.
Speaker 3: Who's the fourth? Why can I not think of it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Uh? The receiver who transferred from Alabama, what is his name, Brooks? Yes to Corey Brooks.
Speaker 2: So I think all those guys are going to get drafted obviously. Tyler Shuck though has been the biggest talking point in the love fest continues. I mean, you've got lou Ridick, even mcshae, now who who are in the or in the film room talking about how that they don't there's three better quarterbacks than Tyler Shuck in this draft. So he's at the combine today, he's gonna throw. He got a little love because he went on Twitter and just like wanted people to somebody was praising him. It might have been Riddick who was praising him like last week or the week before and said something about I'm not sure if we're going to get see him throw out the combine, but I'm telling you guys, go watch him, look at his arm something along those lines, and Shuck just like he didn't even tweet at Tyler Shuck, but Shuck saw the tweets, shared it and said I'm going ready to compete doing everything, like basically saying I got nothing to hide, let's ball out. So I really hope that this turns into like one of the storylines of the NFL to where or the NFL drafters should say or this shuck kit from Louisville, like here we go. There's a lot to like and he really only by the way, he really only has one year of film that you can look at and you know, get a feel for what he would do in the NFL, because he never was healthy in any of his other stops. And also he wasn't utilized in a way like he would in the NFL, and he wasn't the way Jeff Brom utilized him he at Louisville. So I haven't heard a whole lot of feedback just yet, but I think all those guys will get drafted, and if I had to tell you the order in which they'll go, I think it'll be. I still think Gilatt's got a chance to go top three rounds, just because I don't know what there's not to like about him. And yeah, at times it would feel like he was not necessarily as active. Like I don't feel like there were bad games for him, but there were games where he just simply didn't have a whole lot of involvement. But I feel like for two straight years this guy was double and triple teamed. So I think he could show out in the NFL to where maybe he would have, you know, like, I think they're going to see what the guy can do and by the way, his numbers are great. He's an All American caliber player was for two years, so it's not like he didn't show.
Speaker 3: It in college.
Speaker 2: But I think you look at his resume and I think the things they really look for and a guy like him at the NFL draft combine, I feel like he's still got a chance to be taken pretty high. And then after that, I kind of feel like it'll be shock and then from there, I think Riley and Brooks, it's anybody's guess which goes first. Although Riley has been looked at and viewed as a guy who who you know, has been talked about as an NFL prospect for a while. However, you know, I don't want to say he had a bad year. He didn't, but it's hard to know. Like his draft buzz is kind of in a roller coaster. So he'll be drafted, I believe, but I don't really have a clue if it's going to be maybe fourth round, closer to sixth.
Speaker 3: And then the same thing for Jacorey Brooks.
Speaker 2: You know, he's a really good receiver, really talented guy, but there's a lot of guys like.
Speaker 3: Him out there.
Speaker 2: Not to say you know he's he's average, but you know, I think every year in the draft you're going to see some receivers that are going to be guys taken in the first second round.
Speaker 3: He's not that.
Speaker 2: But from then on it's really a team really valuing what you can do and knowing that, Hey, we know we need a young receiver here, and you know this is.
Speaker 3: The guy we like.
Speaker 2: All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. It's coffee and Company, and we are fuel about Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's coffee and Company and we are fueled bout Thorntons here on Sports Talks seven ninety. Make sure you keep Thornton's in mind when it comes to everything. Certainly, if you are driving and not using an electric vehicle, you need fuel and they.
Speaker 3: Will help you with that.
Speaker 2: But also they'll help you save money because you can get three cents off every time you fill up. In fact, not every time, because sometimes it's going to be twenty five cents off for gallon. So it pays to be to be a member, So sign up Refreshing Awards dot com or download their app on your iPhone or your Android android, and you should be you should be good to go.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So so last night Kentucky got another quad one win, and I really believe that when it comes to their resume, I don't know if they can do anything that would keep them from getting anything worse than a four SEA.
Speaker 3: I mean, even if they lose to LSU.
Speaker 2: At home, like that would be a bad loss for them all things considered, but like it would be a bad loss for them, not really a you know. So here's the thing, LSU, Yeah, I don't mind that the game's in Like sn I was gonna say, so, LSU is not in the top seventy five. If they were in the top thirty and it was a Kentucky home game, it would be a quad one. So like, yeah, that'd be a bad loss, But a loss to Auburn at home this weekend not a bad loss at all.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 2: If they play well, they'll go up in the rank in the metrics, and Missouri is on the road. That's their finale, and Missouri is a top fifteen caliber team right now. So you lose that one, but it's close, it's probably not going to do anything. Like I don't think that they can get anything worse than a four C because there's no opportunities for bad losses other than LSU, and I just don't think they're gonna do that. But even if they did, that would give them their only bad loss of the season because right now, I mean, last I checked, everybody that has that has beat Kentucky is gonna be in the tournament other than maybe. I mean, Vandy got a huge win last night, certainly put themselves more firmly in. Georgia beat Florida the other night. I guess they're still considered a bubble team, but they're probably gonna get in. And then Ohio State, I don't know, like they're not having a great season, but like if you're in the big ten of the SEC, you can have a losing record in your league and still be on the bubble.
Speaker 3: That's that's just the way it is. Are you now? I gotta look it up, Like I feel like Ohio State is.
Speaker 2: In, but I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, Maybe they're not in and we don't know until selection Sunday, But yeah, according to according to the bracket that was put out earlier in the week by H.
Speaker 3: Jerry Palm.
Speaker 2: Unless I'm just blind, it doesn't look like doesn't look like they're here. So if you look at yeah, let's see, let's see now, now I'm just this is great radio here.
Speaker 3: Just look. Yeah. So they're not currently in. But still that's that's not a terrible loss.
Speaker 2: I mean, you lost by twenty it was a neutral site, but I mean that that's not They have way more valuable wins to where it would really put a dit in the resume to where they would fall I and they're probably going to be getting I don't know how the SEC will finish up because there's heck, there's three more games left for most teams, and even the teams with you know, some of the great teams are probably gonna play each other befortsall said and done, Like right now in SEC standings, Auburn's in first place by themselves, and it's not close. There's sixteen and they're fourteen and one, and Alabama's twelve and three, and then Florida's eleven and four, and then Tennessee and Missouri are twelve and six. Texas A and M in Kentucky are ten and eight, So I mean, if you d and I don't even know how the bracket plays out in the SEC, but they'll likely get at least one by, probably not going to get a double by. In fact, I don't think that's even possible now with the way the league is currently looking. So even if they were to lose early in Nashville, which that's got to be where the.
Speaker 3: SEC tournament is, right, it always is, So if they lose early there.
Speaker 2: And they lost to Auburn, like if they lose to Auburn Missouri, which honestly some would say that's probably likely, and then they lose their first game in the SEC Tournament, but it's against a team like Texas A and M or Missouri or even like Ole miss that's still not going to be a DT in their resume. So I really believe the only scenario that they could fall anything further than a four would be if they lose out and of course one of those losses is a home lost LSU.
Speaker 3: Which is not going to happen. So yeah, they got a lot of losses there. I mean for them, they do.
Speaker 2: They're nineteen and nine, one game above five hundred now after beating Oklahoma last night. So you know, on the overall record doesn't look great, but man, they have valuable wins and obviously they're playing in a great league, and when their full strength, I think they've shown they can beat just about anybody. But just because you know you can do, I mean you will I still being this tournament. You know, the season has been great, by the way, I don't know people are paying attention. Obviously locally teams are pretty happy with their teams around here, but the college basketball sport, like this year has been great as far as games and really just being really competitive.
Speaker 3: A lot of really good.
Speaker 2: Teams out there, right, So what that's like, what I think what that's led to is we're actually really close to the end of the season, but yet everybody's so caught up in how great the season's going to where you haven't really thought about, like, you know, will it will it carry over in March? Because I think we're gonna have some real surprising results in the tournament this year. I believe, I mean, we always do to an extent, but I kind of have a feeling it's gonna be wacky.
Speaker 3: All right. Let's take a time out.
Speaker 2: We've got the five o'clock hour coming your way right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety