Speaker 1: Open the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The games Mike the Bulldog.
Speaker 2: Beyond you on JRR. The sports page is brought to you by the Lynching Tacos off Shore Fiasco. It's our fishing trip, which is going to be August twenty third, a Saturday, a full day of fishing out on the open seas. That's a sport, right there.
Speaker 1: I tell you tickets for the Offshore Fiasco, which sells out every year in record time. Tickets go on sale Tuesday morning at seven am on our website WJRR dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, so make a mental note of that, make a written note of that if you have to. We want to make sure if you want a space, you'll be able to get one. So act out of the gates Tuesday morning at seven Bulldogs on vacation. Right yeah, okay, So I guess it's me and you holding down the ford on the sports front.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's begin with hockey news. The Florida Panthers destroy the Carolina Hurricanes in Game two of the Eastern Conference Finals in Raleigh, one of the toughest buildings to play in the NHL, and they take both games on the road in the opening two games of the seven game series. Panthers now up two to OHO after winning five ZIP last night, blanking the Hurricanes just unbelievable. They put up three in the first period, never looked back. Sam Bennett two of the five goals, Sergei Bobrowski seventeen saves, and the defending champs look like they're gonna defend their mountain.
Speaker 1: I watched, believe it or not, Yes, I watched a good amount of hockey last night, and I just thought that the dog may even call in this morning say how that taste?
Speaker 2: If there was a how that tastes moment, that certainly would be it. Game three will beat tomorrow night, as the series will pick back up in South Florida for games three and four tonight. In the Western Conference Finals, It'll be Game two Edmonton at Dallas. The Stars are up one to OH. I think that starts at eight o'clock tonight, if I'm not mistaken, all right? NBA Western Conference Finals Game two the Oklahoma City Thunder one to eighteen, Minnesota one oh three. OKC now up two ZIP in that series as well. Game three at Minnesota Saturday at eight thirty the MVP Shay Alexander Big Night thirty eight points and he's living up to his accolades.
Speaker 1: Man, dude, if you just I said this earlier in the show, if you have not seen that Alexander guy play, he's like Alexander the Great. That guy is hands down phenomenal.
Speaker 2: The Eastern Conference NBA Finals Game two tonight, Indiana at the New York Knicks from Madison Square Garden. That is this evening. Pacers up one. Oh. And that wouldn't that be something if they could take both games in New York City.
Speaker 1: I do see it the final, you know, like the whatever final game or whatever is going to be Indiana, And okay, see no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Certainly kind of feels that way. But yeah, it's a seven game series, so we'll see what happens. I have some Major League Baseball news. This is not good news for the Colorado Rockies. They have now set an infamous mark for the first fifty games of a Major League Baseball team in the modern era.
Speaker 1: As this amount of losses or lack of people showing up.
Speaker 2: After the first fifty games, the Rockies are eight and forty two.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: To find a worst start, you need to go back to eighteen ninety five in a team called the Louisville Kernels, who started seven and forty three. Think about that for a second.
Speaker 1: They're focusing too much on their weed and their beer out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is awful. Eight eight and forty two. Our Florida teams, both Tampa Bay and Miami, were off yesterday. They begin weekend series tonight, the Rays hosting Toronto for a three game series, and the Marlins are on the road facing the Angels for a three game series tonight, Friday and Saturday. College football news, as expected, the twelve team college Football Playoff will move to a straight seeding structure starting this fall. This means that the selection committee's top four teams regardless of conference, will be seeded one through four and get a first round by whereas but four, it was the conference champions regardless of ranking, would get that, which just didn't sit well with a lot of folks. So that'll be the new structure. We'll see if that improves folks attitude and the team's situations as we go forward. You potentially think about this though, you could have several seeds with buys from the same conference, up to four of them. I know, I don't even say it, and then people will be bitching about that. Yeah, so that's certainly interesting. All right, huge weekend of motorsports. I guess we should begin. It's lights out at the F one desk live from Monaco. They're in Monte Carlo. This is the big one. It is the Monaco Grand Prix Sunday morning, nine o'clock, one of the most picturesque settings on the entire F one schedule. Taco bob our F one Insider, what are you calling for.
Speaker 1: Here, Monico? Well, yes, it is a beautiful speedway, beautiful people, everything is beautiful in Monaco road course. Yeah, I guess what it's gonna be. A verse strapping course back to back in with verst stap in.
Speaker 2: No no, no love for Charles Leclerc, the home country, hometown driver.
Speaker 1: You would think, but you know, sugar and gas tanks do not mix. Well, we're calling for stapping. Rare.
Speaker 2: Interesting they've this is one of the more boring races. Despite the scenic background, It's nearly impossible to pass on this road course. They have put in a rule where teams have to use three sets of tires, which means they will have to stop at least twice, whereas before that wasn't necessarily the case and it was more or less a procession through the streets of you know, Monty Carlow. So what do we have for NASCAR this weekend. Well, I'll get into that in a second. It's a triple header. Can you start with the International Series F one in Monaco with the Grand Prix. Then it's off to Indianapolis for the Indianapolis five hundred on Sunday. The you know, activities get started around noon, and we've got an interesting story unfolding there. Kyle Larson will try to pull the double again, racing in both the five hundred, and then on Sunday night get over to Charlotte for the Coca Cola six hundred.
Speaker 1: This is his year, uh doubt if he does it.
Speaker 2: If you recall last year, he arrived too late in Charlotte to you know, do the deal there. But we'll see how that goes. Big story at Indy the Penske Racing team, some serious rule violations. Roger Penske not happy. People have been fired, people have been suspended. Two of his three drivers are starting from the back of the field. So we'll see how that all plays out from Speedway, Indiana on Sunday.
Speaker 1: All right, are we talking out a little Orlando City this morning?
Speaker 2: Then Coca Cola six hundred is Sunday night to cap off the whole weekend. So who's Orlando City got this weekend? Taco Portland at home tomorrow night, seven thirty, Purple Palace, All right live, Come on, all right, and that's your sports page.
Speaker 1: Download the all new Illyard Radio app and make Dole jr r. Number one on your pre sets doing free stuff for upcoming events.
Speaker 2: Download it for free at wjr r dot com