Speaker 1: Quick Channa nine weather forecasts. We're in a winter weather advisory till seven o'clock tomorrow morning. Get some snow today, probably northern Kentucky. They're saying maybe two to three inches less the further north to go thirty three the high to day down to twenty nine overnight, dry start of the day tomorrow forty one for the high, rain kicking in in the afternoon, snow, rain, mixed, possible low of twenty eight overnight and on Thursday's going to be a high thirty three with the partley bodies guys, thirty four. Right now, time for traffic chuck from the UC of Traumphics Center. For more than two hundred years, the experts that you see health have been giving heart patients chance at better upcomes. That's boundless care. But you can trust expect MORI and you see help dot.
Speaker 2: Com In Bend seventy four crawling down the hill from North Bend to an accident. Now after you've got passed Montana South Bend seventy five slows through Lackland southbound seventy one break lights field zirdled down to fight for chucking ramon fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty one fifty five Krcity Talks Station. Brian Thomas always please to welcome with the fifty five PERC Morning Show, Senator Rand Paul. Senator Paul, Welcome back, my friend. It's always a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian, thanks for.
Speaker 1: Having me and I guess you more than anyone, are so disappointed that the Anthony Fauci Museum exhibit has been canceled thanks to the work of dads.
Speaker 3: Can't you imagine? And the thing is is, this kind of craziness has been going on for decades and nobody's pointed it out. Every administration comes in and just doesn't know where to look and doesn't look hard enough. I've been pointing it out for a decade, but they've been ignoring, you know, the fact that now we've got Elon Musk's help and the loudest and biggest microphone in the world, and so it's coming to light and people are rightfully outraged.
Speaker 1: And you know, the interesting thing about it, the most one of the most interesting components of it is the outrage expressed by the Democrats trying to defend the indefensible.
Speaker 3: This is where they're so out of touch. Somebody wrote an article the other day saying Trump takes every eighty twenty issue an issue where eighty percent of the public is outraged and percent is not, and the Democrats are standing up for the twenty percent. On all of these issues, like should boys play in girls sports? Almost nobody believes that it's probably a ten percent issue, and the Democrats are loudly supporting this. Should a thirteen year old be able to make a decision him remove part of their body parts against their parents' wishes, and the Democrats are standing up for that as well. Should we have an anti Anthony Fauci museum? They want to have that too. They just their outrage is so misplaced because the American people are frankly thinking most of this stuff is ludicrous.
Speaker 1: They do, and then I guess it's illustrative of the impossible reality of trying to follow each and every allocation out to every non governmental organization that is a recipient of this, regardless of how stupid the program is. I mean, if fifty five thousand dollars for a climate change presentation in you know, for an LGBTQ journalist, now nobody look in to see how the money was actually spent. That's like the tail end of the receipt. The receipt's bad enough, the allocation's bad enough. But didn't that go to pad someone's fat five oh one to three c salary.
Speaker 3: Or went to a convention in Los Angles or something. I mean, it's just it's just such an insult to the hard working people of America. And this is going, you know, this bridge is any kind of party affiliation. If you are a working person in America, you are outraised that your tax dollars are going to this. And it's also why the uh, you know, extreme action of closing down USID completely locking the door and pushing all the people out is necessary because they've been using this as their own fiefdom for for decades to not spread diplomacy and not spread American will to spread you know, you know, ideology on sex and gender that really some in other countries, particularly some conservative Muslim countries, aren't too interested in this. It actually repels some of those countries. It really shouldn't be part of diplomacy. I mean, spending three million dollars on girl centric climate change education in Brazil, what kind of person thought that that was a good use of our money, and.
Speaker 1: Who thinks girls are more impacted by if climate change even exists? Climate change anyhow, well.
Speaker 3: It also is insulting to girls because what are they going to do? Have barbiees talking to each other that girls can only listen if barbies are involved. I mean, it's very sexist, it's incredibly you know, unreasonable. So yeah, but it just goes on and on. I mean, we spend four point eight million on social media influencers in Ukraine. You know, we sent a bunch of Ukrainian fashion designers to the Paris Fashion Show. It just doesn't end. And with every new outrage, though, I think the people are saying, I think we chose Wiley wisely, and the whole thing does need to be disrupted. And ultimately, though Congress have to do something. The President can and Elon and all that gang can temporarily stop stuff, but eventually the commerce has to stand up and say, we'll accept the money back for the treasury through like what's called a recision package. We'll quit spending it, and ultimately you just have to spend less. You can't expect to have better people in government, you know, because there may be people on the right there as bad as people on the left, as far as where they want to spend the money. You have to give the agencies less money. This is what I've been saying forever. It's not a matter of well, this is wasteful because a bad person spent it. No, if you gave them a billion dollars last year, you need to give them less than a billion dollars this year. You need to give them eight hundred million, twenty percent less, and then they need to figure out, you know, what ends up going away is the worst of the worst stuff. But you have to give people less money. That almost never happens because the big spenders in both parties, you know, are clamoring for more of your money. I mean, look, the first package the Republicans are putting forward right now is a three hundred and twenty five billion dollars spending package they're going to spend, and they're going to increase spending by three hundred and twenty five million dollars in their first package.
Speaker 1: Well at one of the areas of government that I hope that Elon Musk and his career unleashed on. And I've been a critic of the size of the American military budget. Not the American military, but eight hundred and thirty or forty billion dollars annually, biggest expenditure out of government beyond payment of our interest on the national debt. You know, Senator Paul, that there is a gob a heapload of fraud, wasted abuse in that multi billion dollar spending package.
Speaker 3: Did you see the interview with John Stewart and that ridiculous woman. I think she was a Pentagon apologist, and she was saying, well, you know, the audit doesn't find waste and fraud, and you know, Stuart was won. He said, well, if it can't be audited, doesn't that implied that there's waste in fraud And she just didn't seem to get it. She was so arrogant and didn't seem to get it. And we still to this day have not had a full audit of the Pentagon. So I've been for years on board with the built audit the FED. But I've also been on board with the build audit the Pentagon. But instead of saying, well, maybe we should hold the line on spending with the military so they can find the waste and be forced to find the waste, the you know, the Hawks up here are adding one hundred and fifty billion dollars in new military spending, and that's on top of a three percent increase. So you just got a three percent increase, and now they're getting another one hundred and fifty billion added to that. And the Republicans that are for this are gleefully rubbing their hands together, saying, we get to give it to military without giving it to welfare at this.
Speaker 4: Time because we don't have to have the Democrats votes, but they need the Republican votes, and I've told them, frankly, I'm not voting to increase spending by three hundred billion dollars, particularly if it has a.
Speaker 3: Fake cut, you know, if there's a fake pay for. What they're talking about as a pay for is ending Biden's forgiveness of student loans. The problem is is that never went into effect, so it's not really a savings. The course ruled it illegal, it never went into effect, and Trump was going to cancel it. So how how in the world is that in actual savings? You know what it is is it's money that you know, we were going to lose if Biden got his way, but it never happened, and then they can say, oh, well, that all sets the three hundred billion dollars in new spending, and that's why the debt keeps getting bigger and bigger. But you know, the ten year estimate for interest is fourteen billion dollars in interest over the next ten years. I mean fourteen trillion. I'm not not a billion. Fourteen trillion.
Speaker 1: So lost a few zeros there on that one sentator. It's easy to do when you're talking about this kind of money. A billion dollars is nothing anymore, one thousand million dollars. They just spit it out like it's nothing anyhow. You know, I have I have an idea, and I'm not quite sure if it would work, But someone's got a ferret this out. There has to be a number of people assigned to the task of going through all of the following the money show and figure out where it is and what happens. How about turning loose the eighty seven thousand new IRACE agents and rather than having them audit the American people, have them look inwardly and audit the federal government.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that would be a good idea actually, because they they've never been able to master it. Him. This is kind of what Doja's doing. And you have to see who the Democrats are on this. The Democrats have Docks one of the young men. They've exposed his name and his address, and they're trying to, you know, get public outrage and perhaps even violence to stop this young man from helping. But think of the genius of this young man. He went to somewhere University of Nebraska, and they have these scrolls that are a couple thousand years old. I think they're from Israel and they were burned maybe when the you know, the Roman siege of sixty eight ADS at two thousand years old. They were burned, but they're intact and if you take them, if you try to unroll them, they fall apart with an MRI. They took MRI of this, they still couldn't figure out how to read them. He developed a program for automated artificial intelligence, and he can. He has discovered how to read these scrolls that are rolled up and burned in two thousand years old. And that's the kind of genius that is actually now looking at our federal money to try to find savings. And what do the Democrats do? They attack his character and It's like, we should be happy that America still is producing geniuses like this, and we should be lauding the young man for coming in. I think Elon zaid, most of them are not being paid any kind of real way. They're mostly doing it for their country.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful thing to behold, that is. And you know, these are the critics that they criticize them because of their youth, in spite of the fact that they are brilliant young people, brilliant at computer science and understanding coding and artificial intelligence. And yet they're the part of the advocates for sixteen year olds getting the right to vote.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's insane, but I think it's backfiring them on them, because you know what they're doing is, you know, Trump is pushing forward issues that eighty percent of the public support him on, and the Democrats are clinging to support for issues that have very small, loud but very small minorities.
Speaker 1: If you'll allow one moment additional time, Senator Paul, I just wanted to get your reaction on the Trump's tariffs, most notably the most recent ones on aluminum steel.
Speaker 3: Well teriffs are taxes and anytimes you put a tax on something, you get less of it. So if you tax trade, you'll get less trade. The trade allows the average American consumer to save thousands of dollars a year. So you know, over the years, as people began to shop at Walmart, you know, it was sad, but the mom and pop hardware store went away, But each individual that shopped at Walmart was saving about one thousand dollars a year. So what tariffs will do, if there's enough of them, is everybody will spend you know, while we have about one thousand dollars less rich. A good way to look at this is you say, well, I want to help the steel industry. So for every worker that works in a steel industry, there are eighty workers who work in a steel buying industry. So in our state, we have fence manufacturers that buy a lot of steel. That will mean less income for those people and less wages for those workers. We have automobile industry, they buy a lot of steel. We have cement industry, concrete industry, we build houses. All of those things will be more expensive because of teriffs. Now, some people will benefit. If you're one of the thousand workers at a steel plan in some state, you will benefit by tariffs, but if you add up what it does to the economy by the time they respond, it ends up being a significant reduction in income for everybody that we do a lot of trade with. We do a lot of steel trade with Canda, we do a lot of lumber trade. Young people are having trouble buying houses. If you put a twenty five percent tariff on steel in Canada and they reciprocate or on their lumber, all houses are just going to go up and be more expensive and harder for young people to get.
Speaker 1: Senator and Paul, appreciate your words, Appreciate your opportunity to talk with you. I'll look forward to have another conversation and get back to work faireding out that fraudways.
Speaker 3: Little thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Take care, sir. Colored Electric get in touch with Andrew called a team of Colored Electric for residential electric projects. They are the best in the business family and operated since nineteen ninety nine eight plus with a better business bureau. I've seen it, I've watched them more. If they are excellent to what they do, they're excellent customer service or obviously licensed certified electricians. They can handle any facet of residential electric needs to get in touch with Colin Electric. Get McCall it five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two online call on c U, L L E and Colon Electriccincinnati dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Your Hands Work