Speaker 1: Hey, guys, it is Ryan. I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I'm a bit of a fun fanatic when I can. I like to work, but I like fun too.
Speaker 2: It's a thing.
Speaker 1: And now the truth is out there, I can tell you about my favorite place to have fun, Chumba Casino. They have hundreds of social casino style games to choose from, with new games released each week. You can play for free anytime, anywhere, and each day brings a new chance to collect daily bonuses. So join me and the fun. Sign up now at Chumba Casino dot com.
Speaker 3: No purs necessary d where I lost the terms and conditions eighteen plus.
Speaker 2: Lucky Land Casino.
Speaker 3: Asking people what's the weirdest place you've gotten lucky? Lucky? In line at the Delhi I guess.
Speaker 1: Ah, in my dentist's office more than once. Actually do I have to say?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 1: In the car before my kid's PTA meeting?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Excuse me? What's the weirdest place you've gotten lucky? I never win?
Speaker 2: And tell well, there you have it.
Speaker 1: You could get lucky anywhere playing at Lucky landslots dot com play for free right now?
Speaker 3: Are you feeling lucky?
Speaker 2: No, we're just necessary.
Speaker 3: Voya, we're gon be my long eighteen plus terms and conditions plus you will loop.
Speaker 2: You are now listening to True Murder The most shocking Killers in True crime History and the authors that have written about them, Gasey, Bundy, Dahmer, The Nightstalker BTK. Every week another fascinating author talking about the most shocking and infamous killers in true crime history. True Murder with your host, journalist and author Dan Zupansky.
Speaker 4: Good evening, This is your host Dan Zupanski for the program True Murder, The most shocking killers in true crime history and the authors are written about them. This is the third anniversary of True Murder and thanks to the incredible fans that being you audience, two point five million programs have been downloaded since January twenty ten. I want to thank you very very much, True Murder fans. Thank you for all the people that personally contacted me praising the program, thanking me for having the program, talking about specific programs that they had listened to and they enjoyed. All the feedback, all the input, all the accolades, and all the thank you is much greatly appreciated. Really, I can't thank you enough for tuning in and then having the presence to contact me and then it's just great. So I really really appreciate all the input from all the fans throughout the world. We had a big following in Australia and of course America and throughout the world. I get contacted from people from all kinds of far away places talking about listening to the program over and over again, loving the guests that I able to get on the program, and it's a lot of fun for me, and I know that the audience is enjoying the program as well. I want to talk about some upcoming programs. A little bit of news from again a viewer that was very concerned, very passionate, and very articulate and had sent me a message after The last recorded program I had was with Larry Crompton in December, and I believe it was the twenty first. I got my dates wrong, but anyways, the last interview I did before Christmas Sudden Tear with Larry Crompton. He is a retired veteran detective who has been on the case for the Looking for the East Area Rapist Original Nightstalkery Part May fifty Sexual Assaults, Rapes, ten murders. This perpetrator terrorized California and never has never been caught, and so he came on the program. I was happy to have him. He still lives and breathes this case and still is concerned that this person is out there and obviously has not been brought to justice, and he would like the book to be able to do that, and he would like the program, if possible, for someone that could possibly listen to the program at some point and maybe provide some information for the East Area rapist to maybe solve this incredible, frightening chapter in California history by capturing this East Area rapist Original Nightstalker, an incredible book. I have to apologize, and I did to the person that contacted me, and I'm going to read a little bit from her email, because again she was very passionate about the case itself, but she had issue with the book itself and the depiction of one of the women actually enjoying the sexual assault, the rape by the East Area rapist. And again I have to apologize because this is not something that I believe in that women enjoy rape, or my position has been very clear for anybody who's listening to the program, in interviews and when I go off tangentially and start speaking about issues rather than other than just specifically author's books. Is that my opinion of victims. And there is no one that deserves to die, and there are certainly people that put themselves in harms way, that doesn't mean I blame these people. The vulnerable street person, the prostitute that's vulnerable and is out there on the street for whatever reason, again, a drug addicted regardless, I don't have a low opinion of these people. I have a low opinion of the people that would prey on these people, the killers that through the courts and through dogged police work and all kinds of people coming to the aid of justice, these killers are brought to justice. These are the people that I target my anger, and these are the people that need to be incarcerated. These are the people that need to be vilified. These are the people that need to be demonized, not victims. So I would not if I would carefully read this book, and I you know, I do say that I read these books in their entirety. Sometimes because of maybe because of five hundred pages or more, I don't read all of it as carefully as I should. And this is a good example why I should have it read this and then any end never being able to call them on that specifically, So at least it doesn't sound like I have I'm going along with this notion whatsoever. So I'll just briefly talk about read a little bit of this email because I think it's important, and then we'll deal with that issue. This person says, I know that any publicity for this case is a good thing, but I really wish you had not let Crompton slide with something he said during your interview. He said he thought that one of the rape victims was sexually excited by the rape. He then back to his belief by saying that the narcotics department had at some later date found private intimate photos of her having sex with her boyfriend. He has stated the same in his book Sudden Terror and She says, is justification for smearing this woman is he believes she is a slot and only a woman would divorce her husband and display of sexuality would also be sexually excited about being raped. In his view, this is what Larry Crompton did say in the book during the interview with Sonny Walter. I got the feeling that the rape incident really wasn't that frightening to her. It was almost like this was the ultimate turn on a fantasy that had been fulfilled. As we left, I disclosed my feelings to Ford. It seemed like her eyes actually glazed over when she was describing the attack, I stated, I picked up on that also thought it was just me, But I noticed her eyes when she was talking about being tied up and naked with East Area rapist standing over for it, remarked, and then he writes, well, she is definitely one of the prettiest he has hit. But I get a real strong feeling that this marriage is just about over, I replied. Anyway, I won't deal with this issue anymore. All I know is that my belief system is that I would have a hard time believing that anybody could discern that someone actually was excited about this sexual assault. And really some of the argument this woman put forth is very credible in terms of her sense of the argument that when she compares his conclusions to what actually happened, and it can be found in this book that is a conclusion that comes from not looking at facts or information or evidence, but more of a personal opinion, and a personal opinion may be based on you know, people's mentality sensibilities have changed over the years, thankfully, and I think that there is a lot of people who blame the prostitute that diminished their role in society, that think that they have something coming to them more the less deserved of our attention and our respect and our care, especially when they go missing. And we've seen endless cases. Amazing case in Canada with Robert Picton forty nine victims according to him speaking to an undercover officer, but evidence of thirty three again prostitutes. And when a prostitute came forward and gave testimony to the police, they didn't believe her because of course prostitutes and drug addicted people that are called junkies don't have any credibility. But you know, if you really think about it, people that dismiss other people really don't have any credibility. So that's what I'm trying to say is that Larry Crumpton is a fine author and a dedicated police officer, but he may have got it wrong on this one point. And this you know, thoughtful, concerned and very very passionate viewer contacted me and wanted to make that correction, and I wish Larry Crumpton all the best in capturing the Easteria rapists. That would be amazing, amazing outcome. But let's not again years and years and years, and I'm sure we'll go through many more years of blaming the victim and the vulnerable, prostitute, the street walker, not the classy, more behind the scenes. Escort is just one of the lowest members of society, according to a lot of people. And I want to make that very very clear that these books are filled with vulnerable people, people that these psychopathic killers, these serial killers target specifically for that reason. The more that these people can be not missed, the more that these people are vulnerable and gullible and in a position to jump in a vehicle or to do things with strangers, they become the victims of these psychopathic serial killers. And speaking of psychopathic serial killers, we're going to be starting the new year with Linda Rosenkrantz and she's been on a couple times already with her fine books, and she's going to be talking about her new book called House of Lies, and it's about a happily married prom queen and their marriage goes awry and the husband winds up dead. And that's the House of Lives. That is with Linda rosen Krantz. She's a Pinnacle Kensington Press, Pinnacle Imprint author, and she's been on the program a couple times with her book books. Pardon me and let me get a little bit of more information if I could, Linda rosen Krantz. And then the next week, the twenty third is Sheila Johnson. And Sheila Johnson is the author of Bloodlust, Blood Highway, and Blood Betrayal, and she's a newspaper crime reporter and she started writing true crime and she has written the forward to a what has become a true crime classic, and it is one of the first interviews I did on true murder. And it was very important that I try to do that kind of particular case. David Parker Ray and his partners, including his daughter, dungeon masters with secret sellers, with torture racks and a instruction manual for the sex slaves that they would have at his compound underground compound. David Parker Ray one of the most fascinating true crime stories ever and the author of that was Jim Fielder, who has now passed away. And when I talked with Sheila Johnson on the twenty third, she has written the forward for the book and she had told me in our correspondence that it was the first true crime book that she had read greatly influenced her. And we'll get a little bit more information about the influence of Slow Death. The incredible case of David Parker Ray and his Dungeon of Horror and his accomplices. And I guess fortunate person people that got away and were able to tell this story and led to the inevitable capture. Now that is the twenty third and like I said, Linda Rosenkrantz will be on the sixteenth and the cases involving Kelly Cannon. And she was a former prom queen, three children, successful, had some husband Jim, and an elegant home in a wealthy neighborhood in Nashville. But their housekeeper one day found Jim murdered, strangled to death.
Speaker 1: While he is Ryan here and I have a question for you, what do you do when you win?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you at fist pumper, a wooer, a handclapper, a high fiver? I kind of like the high five. But if you want to hone in on those winning moves. Check out Chumbuck Casino at chumbacasino dot com. Choose from hundreds of social casino style games for your chance to redeem serious cash prize. There are new game releases weekly plus free daily bonuses, so don't wait start having the most fun ever at chumbacasino dot com.
Speaker 2: Noiber not necessarily veryboy lost in terms conditions.
Speaker 4: Eighteen plus children slept. The whole fairy tale of the promising marriage and power couple, the whole thing collapsed, and the behind this facade, Kelly's glamorous lifestyle was really more about infidelity, alcohol, drug abuse. And we'll talk about this ninety pound little gorgeous woman and her trial and what the jury and the judge found at this trial. Particularly interesting case in Nashville that is house of lies. Then we have Tom philben read an interesting book. Really, what it is is he's gathered a bunch of information that he got from other sources, but really did a great job in gathering probably the worst collection of serial killers and their intimate writings. You have John Wayne Gacy, and you have a little bit about John Wayne Gacy, but the people that he wrote extensively about you might not have heard as much about. And he writes extensively about Albert Fish, which is the territory of Harold Scheckter that was on before Christmas. Great guest, one of the biggest authors and one of my favorites, because he really does deal with the most adharrant serial killers of all time and really is a mix. Of course, he's a true crime off, but there's a fair amount of you know, Harold Scheckter really understanding or getting to understand the serial killer mind. I think he is one of the, if thought the premier or one of the serial killer experts in the world today, Harold Scheckter, And he has done stories about Albert Fish, pedophile, cannibal, incredible murderer and wrote the victim of a six year old he had abducted, or at least he conned this family into letting him take the daughter to a little to a birthday party that never existed, and then killed her, tortured her, ate her, and then later you know, wrote in great detail and disgusting detail what he had done and how much he enjoyed the entire high affair. So again this is almost a segue into talking about my book because my book finally I got some excellent reviews compiled from some authors that have been on this program and some authors that I approach of the because they're best selling authors and also because I really respect their writing and who they are as true crime authors. And I compiled those reviews from those authors and put them on the Amazon site, and the publisher was good enough to finally release my book in kindle version. And for those people, there have been some requests for the book, and especially internationally outside of America and Canada, the book gets quite expensive. And I have to admit that the decision by the publisher to to release the book and have it at twenty two dollars plus tax in Canada seventeen or eight teen dollars in America plus tax usually with Amazon's free shipping, no major distribution in the US, and so you won't be seeing it in Barnes and Noble on the shelf throughout America, and really it would cost an arm and a leg and other body parts. You know, Pun intended to be able to get that done anyway, So it's available as published on demand. But again for a lot of people, you know, a lot of true crime books are seven or eight dollars or ten dollars, and anyway, it's not a motivator for people a lot of times in these tough times, and so many books to pick from, and so many great authors and so many fascinating stories. As you know from listening to this program, that now the e book is more affordable. There's a lot of people that prefer e books. We saw the advent of the e book outselling paperbacks in Britain, and I know America the sales we're itching towards that. Anyway, whether it peaks or whether it levels off, or whether it declines somewhat, the e book is here to stay. It is preferred by many people. And now Trophy Kill, the Amazon Kindle version is available for four ninety nine, so it is more affordable. And I urge those people that enjoy this program that without the book, without my involvement with this psychopathic serial killer and the judicial system and being involved in a law reform group prior to that, and my whole involvement. After moving from sleeping little town to murder capital of Canada, I had a real eye opening about murder and not to say that it consumes me constantly. But this is what I've chosen to specialize as murder, the murder process, the law behind murder, actually the mind of the murderer, the killer, the psychopathic killer, and the psychology behind all of the players, the defense attorneys, the prosecuting attorneys, the jurors, the media and the audience at the media toys with we'll say, every player that's involved. Very fascinating to me, and with the book itself and the research behind it, I sort of became involved. I read one of the first true crime books was In Cold Blood, but later when I was doing the research for my own book, one of the first books that I read was Stranger Beside Me from Ann Rule, and what I particularly enjoyed was it really drew me into the story was her personal involvement with one of the worst serial killers and most charismatic and most evil serial killers of all time, Ted Bundy, and she was working on a suicide hotline with him and had no idea who he really was. And it's an amazing book to sort of get your feet wet and become a true crime fan. I mean, I was a non fiction reader specifically and with a little bit of fiction, but I don't think I've read much else but true crime, because as this program has illustrated, and it's illustrated to me from all the authors that I've had on the program, everything from memoir to the true crime sort of typical format to some kind of daring kind of formats, things that are sort of mixed the memoir meets true crime, but different perspectives from a now a judge who was a lawyer for John Wayne Gacy, a prosecuting attorney, a media person who is championing, championing the the false imprisonment or the false imprisonment of their subject in their book, so they go on to be an activist and someone fighting for this person's freedom because they are wrongfully convicted. There are those that have been on the program written a book from the perspective of the victim's family and then of course the ensuing trials, and from the perspective of a family that interceded and prevented a serial killer from killing their child, and because of that intervention and because of that apprehension of that criminal, it led to the discovery that this person was a serial killer. I had before Christmas, a person who was convicted of murder but was given a sentence by reason of insanity. So they spent in total about seven years, three years in an institution, or four years in an institution, three years in a hospital. This was a schizophrenic killer. So there was and I could go on and on about the perspective, and so this is why originally I became involved. I first became involved by reading the papers and being disturbed, and then reading as much as I could about the law, and then becoming active in this law reform group, and then working in the media on radio doing a program where I had the freedom to be able to do whatever subject I was really interested in. More and more it became more serious subjects and about the law and trying to understand the law, especially when it came to serious crime. We're not talking about my crime. We're talking about the most serious crime, of course, that's murder, rape, pedophilia. But let's start at the most heinous of all crime, murder. So this is what has shaped me, is this case that I was involved in in two thousand and three, on July one, in the city of Winnipeg, Province of Manitoba and Canada, about a population about seven hundred thousand people, kind of the size of seattlevel without the suburban area. Really not much suburbs per se. Anyway, the Shall We Dance movie Jennifer Lopez, Susan Sarandon and Richard Gear was being filmed in Winnipeg. It was originally planned to be filmed in Toronto, where the Miramax film that was very very successful Oscar winning Chicago had been filmed. And I think it's really pretty obvious that Miramax was trying to capitalize on that dance team movie by putting Richard Gear back in a role, in a dancing role, hence the title Shall We Dance? It's a remake, however, but Jennifer Lopez a very very big celebrity now then and probably forever, Susan Saran in a big star and Richard Gear was supposed to be filmed in Toronto. Because of the stars threat, they moved it to Winnipeg. So about halfway through June, middle of June or so, Susan Saran and Richard Gear arrive in Winnipeg. Big hoopland. The city Winnipeg, if you don't know it, has stolen a lot of work from America, Hollywood specifically, and a lot of American jurisdictions by in effect basically being able to get a movie done for half price with all the subsidies with because Winnipeg was such a cheap or inexpensive place to make a film, and because they had an experienced crew here, a support they could bring in and make movies, smaller budget movies, movies they could make a profits. And when you start dealing with fifty percent difference in the price of a movie, it starts getting attractive. Anyway, shall we dance was being filmed in Winnipeg was a big deal. The city was, of course, of paparazzi were in town waiting for Jennifer Lovewest wasn't in town as of yet, but she was due and at that time she was engaged to Ben Affleck, and Ben Affleck at that time was in Vancouver, and it was a whole controversy with some exotic dancers, and they were engaged, and as you know, that was a rocky summer for the couple itself and led to their split. Anyway, there was a gentleman Robert Robin Robert Green, and he was an Aboriginal that lived on a small reserve about two and a half hours from Winnipeg close to the Ontario border. And he was in Winnipeg apparently. I found this out later. He was to visit his sister and he just came in for the Forks for the festivities that came into the The forks would where the fireworks display would be, and there's a lot of there's a main stage there for entertainment. You know, half the city would gather there on July first, so it was sort of a big deal. There's shops there, of course, vendors, and it's a it's the one of the big places, if not the place to be on July first in Winnipeg. Anyway, this person came in visited his sister. I guess maybe visit friends had come in from the fireworks and the entertainment came in for a visit July first, and by police reports, I guess at some point saw what was going on. There was barricades close to the outdoor location and Surrandon and Richard gear I believe we're shooting some scenes or one of them where both of them were shooting some scenes, and there was of course barricades surrounding the vicinity, and there was people around trying to get a glimpse of one of the stars. Robin Green came by this crowd, probably didn't know what was really going on. I doubt he really was. He had just gotten into the city, and I'm not sure if he was really aware of what was really going on, but certainly this would be a novelty for most people, even Winnipeg citizens, despite movies being a big thing here for fifteen years. For sure. Robin Green then left that sort of group of people mulling around the barricades at this outdoor movie location. And unlike often the movie trailers that the stars changed their clothes in and hang around often are not that Judy was boring.
Speaker 3: Hello, Then Judy discovered Chumpa Casino dot com. It's my little escape. Now Judy is the life of the party. Oh baby, Mama is bringing home the bacon. WHOA, Take it easy, Judy. The Chumba life is for everybody. So go to chumpacasino dot com and play over one hundred casino style games. Join today and play for free for your chance to redeem some serious prices. Jump chump A Casino dot Com. No necessary weight, We're pomitted my mom em lous terms and condition to bly s what every.
Speaker 4: Details supposed to usually these outdoor sets, but anyway, this time it was and I guess Robin Green made it to one of the trailers. And I found this out through my investigation that one of the security staff that was entrusted to watch the trailer, especially Susan Sarandon's trailer, while he fell asleep. Robin Green was in the area, saw the open trailer. I guess where the trailer parted me the unmanned, unguarded trailer and entered the trailer. And Susan Sarandon wears a big, thick gold chain with a pendant in the movie. And my information they said it was originally costume jewey, but it was her personal jewelry that she has and she's had for a while, and she used it and wore it in the movie itself. Well, that was in the trailer and Robin Green found it, took it, exited the trailer, ed walked about eight ten blocks north and wound up at this bar called the Woodbine. Now the Woodbine is right next door. It's a It caters to a sort of a harder drinking crowd. That's because this is a downtown bar. Even though it's pretty good looking establishment, it's open at nine am, so it's for the serious, serious drinker. And right next door, though it is interesting, was Ted Motoka Dance Studio, and that's where Richard Gear would have his limo I would imagine parked out front, but that's where he was getting dance lessons from an instructor right next door, so him and some co stars were getting what he felt was extra dance lessons right next door to this hotel. Now, this hotel was just down the alley from the Royal Albert Hotel, a Royal Albert Arms hotel on a block this down and in the basement it was sort of a fixture of hardcore bands Cannibal Corpse, punk, heavy metal, hardcore. I say Cannibal Corpse because that's the kind of bands that often played there. It's one of the heavier, heavier bars for bands coming through to play in And the hotel itself was established in nineteen thirteen, so this was the other way of putting it's pretty decrepit hotel, and so low income residents really filled this place. And Sidney Tierhuse, who had just gotten back from Kenora, Ontario, again a couple hours away by car. He'd been fired from a job as a chef there in a restaurant, and he was back in Winnipeg. And Sidney had left Winnipeg when he was nineteen years of age and his dream was always to go out to Vancouver. And he made it out to Vancouver and he worked as a chef and stayed there for about nine years and then moved to Edmonton, Alberta. He had lived in various places, but primarily that's where he lived. He had moved for some reason from Edmonton, Alberta, all the way to Canora, Ontario for employment there, was fired because of drinking, made his way back to Winnipeg. Winnipeg is the city where he grew up. He is also Aboriginal and lived on a small reserve. But his mother gave him up when she was fifteen for option or to foster care. And the people that took him in were named tear Huse, a Dutch family, and they had him in foster care and then eventually when he was three years old, they adopted him outright and he became Sydney tear Hues. Now Sydney tear Hues was in the bar the Woodbine. According to him, shortly after nine am, came from the hotel. Apparently he had been up all night drinking, doing crack, smoking crack, that's what he said. Anyway, he was in the bar early sitting with a couple people, and according to him, Robin Green waltzes in and proceeds to go table to table trying to sell a gold necklace for fifteen dollars. Now, when he encounters Robin Green, he says, I wanted to have a seat, starts looking at the jewry. It examines the jewelry, realizes it looks in his mind anyway, it looks like women's jewelry, And as he says later, he thought it looked quite old. Excuse me, and look quite old. Yet he thought it was costume jewelry, or at least that's what he said much later. Regardless, he looked at this jewelry, he declined to buy it, and he said he gave they had a picture of beer. He gave half a glass of beer to his new friend acquaintance, and they sat and they proceeded to talk. Apparently they had a lot common found each other attractive. Since Sydney is a self avowed homosexual, and Sidney said, listen, why don't you come back to my room? I have some alcohol in my room. So apparently they went and, as Sidney Tierhuse later claimed, they went back to his room for consensual sex. Not a LEVELU. But the only people that use the word consensual is when they're arguing that it wasn't consensual, So I find it odd when he uses that term consensual. Anyway, they went up to his room and they began drinking and having sex, oral sex, sex, quite a bit of talk, Sydney talking about having a lot of sexual relations with this new acquaintance, taking some polarate photos of them, intimate poses in the bathtub, naked posing, and at some point the new acquaintance says, I wouldn't mind getting some sleep, So he says sure. He goes down to the bar, has a couple of drinks, talks to a bartender down there, comes back upstairs, they have some more alcohol. Apparently, they decide to go out for a walk. They head south towards a park that's frequented by homosexuals, and they go past the library and pick up some more alcohol. Apparently it's a really really hot day, you know, it's July first, two thousand and three. Now they walk towards a street, and this park is their final destination. Again, it might have taken them twenty minutes to get there from where they were downtown, not much longer than that. As soon as they get near that park, they would have to look. They would just have to look to their right, and they would see the barricades that Robin had seen earlier in the day, not that many hours earlier, and they would see the barricades, and they must have had a conversation about the movie, the Necklace, the trailers, some conversation. They hung around the park. They came back, it was maybe about five thirty. They talked to the bartender. The Sydney Church used to ask the bartender to watch his new friend. He says, I gotta go downstairs to get some ice, and apparently the bartender was introduced to him. Apparently sid he said, this is my cousin. Apparently that's a joke among the Aboriginal because everybody's the cousin. I didn't know that, but anyway, she says that he was swaying, so he was visibly drunk. Sidney seemed to be fine. He went down and got a bucket. Ice came back upstairs. They bid their ado headed up to the room, and that's the end of the first chapter. Now, the next day, about nine thirty in the morning. I remember the bartender saw Sydney five thirty or so, maybe a quarter to six six o'clock. It's now nine thirty the next day, July second, July second, happens to be the anniversary of Sidney Teerhues being adopted into the Tierhuse family, a family he later claims that abused him sexually, mentally, physically. He hated these people, and he made a point of July second being a significant date. Now we're on July second, two thousand and three. Sidney Tierhuse walks into not a police station, but he believes it's a police station. It's a remand center. Not much difference. But he walks into the remand Center, ironically, right across from the law courts, walks in calm as can be cleaned up. No, there's no blood on him. And he walks calmly and coolly. No panic, doesn't run into the place. Walks calmly and coolly into the place. And this is for Reemans you know, people coming in from visits. It's usually typically what happens. And he says, can I speak to somebody? So the person at the desk is okay, so he calls his superior in the back room. Then they've done and Don comes up from the back and yes, yes, can I help you out? Sir? Can I help you out? At Sidney cheers yes, I've I've come here because I killed somebody yesterday. He goes, Oh, to take any I'm not the guy you should be saying this too, like it sounds like a confession here. He's, you know, so he knows legal, he knows enough about legality that this is not the person. I'm not the person that you should be speaking to about this. And he dialed the number and gave it to Sydney Teerhues and it was the Public Safety Building, the police department, and he told the receptionist the person on the line that he had killed someone wanted to turn himself in. She said, well, how'd you do this? Well, I stabbed him. And what happened while I woke up, and I woke up, I blacked out, And when I woke up, I went to the washroom and there was, there was my acquaintance, there was my victim. I can't remember anything. I blacked out. Okay, so she said, okay. Police officers are o their way. So the guard said, have a seat. Cops took maybe fifteen minutes, wasn't far. They came now because of his cool demeter, calm demeter. There wasn't a period of time where the police actually thought that he might be joking. Because of that, and they noted that originally. So they escorted him back to his room at the Royal Albert Arms Hotel, Room three or died and another officer joined them, so there was three of them and an officer Beach was employed to stand out in the hall with Sydney tearhuse guarding him while the police officers went in. Because he still wasn't under arrest. They went in to confirm this person's story. The first thing they noticed was some bloody underwear hanging on door knobs. It's a very very very small room, and they noticed the bed that had a sheet on the floor, and the police officer, Sylvia Schroeder woman went towards the bed while while her partner Martin went towards the small washroom which wud be to the left, and he opened up the door, and in the bathtub was Robert Robin Green. There was no blood on his body, but his body was posed in that tub facing the doorway for maximum shock value. He had been decapitated, and his head had been repositioned back on the spine that was jutting out. He had been sawn in half at the waist, and yet the two halves of the body were put together, positioned together. The arms were disarticulated very much like a surgeon would where a pathologist would at the elbows, and the legs were disarticulated at the knees very much again like they were doing an autopsy, very careful, and those were positioned. He was cleanly castrated, and that was put in his position again, no blood. One of the eyes was deflated, the other was missing. The mouth was frozen wide open. The neck and chest had sixty eight stab wounds, but not random. It was in a figure eight pattern, almost symmetrical patron left side, right side. The hand was partially carefully dissected. But the thing that separates this crime and this killer is what that officer saw at that same time. There's no way of me to describing it for you, And there's no way I could put it in a book and describe it for you. But the thing that he was hit with was all of those things I described and one other thing. The killer had sliced the chest cavity open and gutted the human being. He had taken all of the organs, the intestines, the everything, the absolutely everything out of that cavity, everything, and it was washed. There was no blood. That's what that officer got to see. That he couldn't move for probably two or three minutes. He was told that there was going to be a body in that bathtub. And it's murder capital of Canada. And this is a rough and tumble town, but still it's never happened before. This is never not even Jack the ripperd did this. And of course there's some heinous, horrible crime scenes. And guess what they find about three feet away, Susan Sarandons stolen gold necklace. What was it doing there? Why was it?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: Was the question international news everywhere. In fact, they leave it to the paparazzi to intentionally get something wrong. Jennifer Lopez's necklace found pool of blood. She wasn't in town yet, but Susan Sarandon's gold neck place was three or four feet from this crime scene. But more importantly, was found at the crime scene. More importantly, why was it there at the crime scene? What did it have to do in terms of the motive for the murder? And what Indeed? Now, this killer had one lawyer and then fired that lawyer and got the most experienced murder trial lawyer in the English speaking world. Its name's Greg Brodsky. And how do you get to be the most experienced murder trial lawyer in the English speaking world. Well, in Canada, we don't just give you a lawyer. We pay for the lawyer to a system that seems to make a lot of sense. Instead of just giving you an inexperienced lawyer and paying for the tab, we give you as good a lawyer as a person who has money can afford. That's the great thing about Canada. Now, in my book, after I'm jumping ahead in my book, I interview Greg Brodsky on my radio program. I interview Greg Brodsky, But unbeknownst to him, I had already corresponded with his psychopathic client for a year. Now. When I said that Sidney Turey's claimed to black out and not remember any of the crime. Of course, that just sounds ridiculous, especially to Americans and other people in jurisdictions where murder is murder, and certainly you would not expect this to not be considered murder. You would consider this to be murder. But in Canada, especially at that time, under the presiding government at that time, a confluence of events made it that the law in the first place is that self induced intoxication can reduce murder to manslaughter, and manslaughter even though you could get a life sentence, you don't around ten years, which means, with good behavior, it's about eight years. But at that time, in two thousand and three, pre trial custody was counted as double so killers were in effect being released in about four years. Now, how does this apply to this killer, Well, believe it or not, with the best trial lawyer in the English speaking world, with a victim that wasn't highly regarded and a family that probably didn't even know what hit him and not so highly regarded, and years of writing off these murders as oh, just a bunch of drunk people, you know, those people not an important case, what we had is a situation where this psychopath serial killer would have been out in about three or four years, ready to kill again, or has he already killed before. So what makes this true crime book different is that not only do you get to read the words and the feelings and the emotions and the mindset of one of the most heinous serial killers of all time, you also get to see him at trial and hear him on the stead. And unlike many of the books that you have, the author I became the star witness for the prosecution based on trying to write a book about this case. Because the case dragged on from two thousand and three to two thousand and eight. The end of two thousand and eight, there was plenty of time for this serial killer to want to talk that In this book, you get a meticulous if that's a kind word I guess, for what happens. But you get to understand how the entire murder process actually works. It's not TV, it's not law and order. Some cases don't matter. And despite it not being your jurisdiction or your country, you can still see the mindset of killers running amok. In the US, the serial killers that have killed often they killed in places where there was going to be a death penalty. Other killers avoided admitting murders in certain jurisdics, so they would avoid the death penalty but still have their infamy. It's a couple of different situation When you have the kind of environment that we have here in this country, especially with this kind of law, it's almost like they're handcuffed and they can barely prosecute murder even when the killer is shouting from the rooftop. I am a serial killer. I love to kill and I enjoy it. So for those who have been listening to the program, if you're a new listener, you're an old listener, what I've tried to bring is to you each week. Overall with this program is the most shocking killers in true crime history and the authors that have written about them. And I am an author that has written about one one of the most shocking killers in true crime history. And that's not exaggeration, but it also is an introduction to who I am, how passionate I am about the law and ensuring that these people are recognized for the evil entities that they are. And also as anyone who's listened to this program knows that. There's a discussion, what do we do with the psychopathic killer, what do we do with the insane killer? What is the solution to these people doing what they do? Is there any rhyme or reason? And can we learn anything by knowing more and knowing as much as we can about the crimes the people involved. There's nothing weird about the true crime listener or reader. A lot of people have said that. All my friends think I'm so weird. And it's true crime, is true history. It's current events. If it's now, it's history, if it's then, it's also about society and culture. Thanks to the fans of True Murder, this is one of the most popular podcasts in the world, and especially about murder, and especially about true crime. And I was charting, this program was charting. It was reached number seventy eight in the austral Australian iTunes chart just before Christmas. So I want to thank everyone that listens to the program, especially to people that put up with me for this entire hour blabbing about myself and the program in my book. But I would really invite you to please go to Amazon get an ebook version if you can of this book because it can tell you a lot about serial killers in general. It is a primer if you don't know exactly. I mean, most of these books tell you, but this is close up, very very personal. But really it is. I think it will change the way you think about how these people believe what they believe. It's much worse than what might be represented in court when they talk in passionately or detachedly about the crimes and how the victims didn't mean much and their trophy gathering. They're atrocious, evil, heinous behavior is just the tip of the iceberg. And when you read my book, I've put two very compartmentized chapters there for you because they are heart wrenching. When the killer talks about taking out the victim's heart and slicing it open and letting the blood drip on himself. There's never been anything like this, And I take you through that journey because I went through that journey and came out a different. Like I say, inextricably involved, which means, if you look it up, there's no real way I can ever escape this. It's a part of me. And what I want people to know is if you enjoy this program and you enjoy the kind of authors that I have on this program. I believe I am one of those authors as well that's provided a glimpse into the mind of a serial killer, and in particular case with all the twins, in turns almost the incredible fictional tale that you'll ever read, except it's absolutely true. And that's what true murder is. The most shocking killers in true crime history, and truth is much much, much stranger than fiction. So again, I want to thank you very much for listening to this program tonight. This has been True Murder with your host Dan Zupansky. Join me next week for Linda Rosenkrantz and her book House of Lies. Good Night,