Speaker 1: All right, So we got a MAVs game tonight, and let's say that. Somebody listening right now, They're like, I'm hungry. I think I want to eat pizza tonight. Let's everybody on three think about where you'd want to go get pizza tonight.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm into this, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Ready, when I say, I'm gonna say one two three, and then when I would say go, you the go. Okay, So we say where we want to go in place of go yeah, okay, so it be one two three go yeah, So one two three the pizza place?
Speaker 2: Ready, one two three?
Speaker 3: I want to go to America Kitchen tonight.
Speaker 2: I didn't Christina and say anything.
Speaker 4: I said it what you say, and that's.
Speaker 3: What I said, So I said, I got confused.
Speaker 1: I said I want to go to Andrews's American Pizza Kitchen because I did. I got caught up on the instructions. Casey KT said pizza Hunt. I said, no, you didn't.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Andrews.
Speaker 1: Okay, Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas one location Preston and Plano Park, where they've mastered five different types of pizza Dallas style pizza. They've got Chicago style, Detroit style, Tavern style, and New York style in a massive assortment of beers from Rollertown Beer Works. That's a brewer. We're invested in only one location and it was named the best pizzeria and all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. So if you're looking for something special when it comes to pizza, not just the regular Sam Old, same ol like KT, go to Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for Kevin.
Speaker 5: I'm offended by that Sam Old samul I go to Andrews. Got a boy about all the styles. Okay, so the Cowboys big press conference, you know, here we go. We're gonna roll out our new head coach, Brian Schottenheimer. Poor guy Brian took it in the shorts all weekend on social media when the Cowboys decided to do a you know, seven pm news dump on Friday night, the anti cowvising the Cowboys are telling you that they know this is an uninspiring hire, which is wild. They could still interview Cliff Kingsbury, they could still see what's happened with Kellen.
Speaker 3: Kellen would take this job.
Speaker 5: If the Cowboys offered him this job, he would take it, so he didn't have to do this, but he done it.
Speaker 3: For reasons unknown.
Speaker 1: You gotta feel bad for Schottenheimer because everyone is projecting how dissatisfied they are with Jerry Jones onto this guy who's just standing there. Yeah, I'm sure he'll be fine, likable guy. I'm sure it's fine. That's great. The point of the outrage from the fan base is because the process was clearly dysfunctional, as is everything with the Cowboys, because all they care about is making money more they care about winning.
Speaker 5: And I'm choosing to look at this through one way, and that one way is at least McCarthy's not here anymore. So while I don't love this higher at all or like it, or I think it's a smart and good plan, McCarthy's gone.
Speaker 3: So whatever, And this Jerry says as.
Speaker 5: Much today today on the radio, now on the internet.
Speaker 6: Mike McCarthy left some good stuff here. Crothur's hell of coach. It was time for a change. I've heard it criticized. We've spent five days getting to come to that decision. The reasons we came to that decision is because there was this decision available to us as well. Shoty has fantastic support among our players, key players, real support. I've heard Shoddy referred to as maybe old school with his offensive philosophy. Well, i'll tell you one thing, Shoty has a good feel for not only the offensive philosophies where they are today, but where they're going to go and certainly where it has been. That's rare to come in here with this kind of energy. That's kind of I'm going to show them. That's rare to combine those two things.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I know.
Speaker 1: Too much fatigue, Shoty fatigue. Yeah, I have Shody fatigue. I have Jerry fatigue.
Speaker 2: It's just the whole thing sucks.
Speaker 3: I'll say this.
Speaker 5: I've heard this and I don't know if it's true or not that when the offense the Cowy's offense did change after Cooper Rush's first game where he I think they had forty five yards passing, but they did open it up and start doing some things little bit differently.
Speaker 3: The office was humming for a little bit.
Speaker 5: What I heard is that Shody and the deference that he was showing towards McCarthy, started to speak out a little more and can tell Mike, hey, job.
Speaker 1: Shot, he fixed it. Shot is the one who fixed it, because keep in mind, they chose McCarthy overshot. He until McCarthy said, no, I don't want to be here to hold the job for Witney.
Speaker 5: So that's what's what's been out there. It's also it doesn't seem like I saw John michaud to tweet this earlier. That doesn't look like Witten will be on the staff. No, so what that's I thought that was a big part of it, and we'll we'll see.
Speaker 2: That's very surprised.
Speaker 3: And still change. I mean, dude, the names.
Speaker 5: There's one of the names for tight end coaches, the Falcons tight end coach. The Falcons a few years ago drafted Kyle Pitts at the number four pick in the draft and he has been terrible. But we're gonna go with the tight end coach from the team who couldn't make the top five pick be a good tight end.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what are we doing?
Speaker 1: So what if Schottenheimer said all coached his team for one point five years as long as Witting's not on the staff.
Speaker 3: I don't think I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the intinuitative business that we've been wanting. We lack guys with balls that ask for things as long as you don't have to pay him none.
Speaker 3: Now, I told you who he talked to about in Shoty, the.
Speaker 1: Guy that the Graiders were hiring, that you came on the show and told us we should put all our money on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well you know those texts were coming in. Yeah, pretty hot that day. It turns out the truth about Jerry and Pete talking that was legit.
Speaker 3: All right, how did Shoty find out?
Speaker 6: I kind of set him up. I said, you know, you are first time coach, and I believe we're hanging around the rim. I think we got in place a team that can get there right now. I had other coaches tell me that we're wanting the job.
Speaker 2: You're right there.
Speaker 5: Hanging around the rim is one of my least favorite terms that Jerry and Steven use.
Speaker 3: We're close.
Speaker 5: Well, you guys didn't make the playoffs. You did not even get a shot off you. We're not hanging around the rim.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: You said, shot You know our guys nickname is shoddy. Oh god, they're so bad.
Speaker 5: Okay, Steven, all right now, Steven quite day for Steven right, Steven showed the difference that we're talking about. I gotta set there new glasses. Occasionally would laugh on the hot mic.
Speaker 4: I need to see the new glasses.
Speaker 3: Here's why it was shoddy though.
Speaker 7: You know, it's not just the x as an oath. We obviously went extensively, uh through the x'es and o's.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it's not the x's and o's. But it is a little bit. We went through those.
Speaker 4: Is that the third time they referenced that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which worries me, Oh my god, because that's telling me that he's not an X and o's genius.
Speaker 7: You know, it's not just the xes an oath. We obviously went extensively through the x'es and o's, but we also, uh, you know, you get into the schedules, You get into how you get your players motivated, how you take care of your players. You know a lot of people sometimes scratch their head while why would you go with a first time head coach? You know, that's been the way of the league. These days, most are going with these young offensive wizards that hadn't been head coaches. But I think we've got a better version of that because of Shoddy's experience.
Speaker 3: We're talking in circles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and today is the day that I first noticed Steven's is usually pretty smooth because he didn't say much, but today was the first day I noticed him almost having a struggle to find the words to say dude. And I think and by the way, I think Stephen was a fan of this hiring too. I think sim was absolutely cool with this.
Speaker 1: All this hiring process was was we want McCarthy. We can't get a deal done with McCarthy. It seemed like a mutual parting of ways. In fact, you know, walking away from the explosion, not facing I mean, that's McCarthy.
Speaker 3: Are you hearing that?
Speaker 5: Because I'm like mutual party ways is like, I don't know everything hearing is McCarthy justaid I'm not.
Speaker 3: Doing this anymore?
Speaker 2: Okay, great? Right now.
Speaker 5: McCarthy might have also been told he has a really good shot at the bear's job.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, but did they say we'll we want you to sign a two year deal in mentor witting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's to said they probably low balled the crap out of him. He said they wanted McCarthy more than they wanted to leverage McCarthy.
Speaker 1: Regardless, I feel like he walked away. Either he was a full breakup or it was mutual at a minute, but he said bye. And so their search was who else that's already in the building can we hire? That's what he's the most qualified of of all the other guys are already hired on the payroll, Shody was the best of that.
Speaker 3: They talk a lot to.
Speaker 5: They mentioned a million times how good shot he is with the guys and the players, and they mentioned Dak a ton which made me go, Okay, Dak might have wanted Shoty over Kellen.
Speaker 1: He did so, dude, if you look at it that Dak was at the press conference to send a message that this is my guy, this is who I wanted. And in that regard, it's smart to make your sixty million dollar man as comfortable as he can be.
Speaker 2: But he was.
Speaker 1: The offense was a big part of the problem. Obviously the injuries were too sure, but the offense has not been great. Guys could not get open, there was no separation. There wasn't a lot of imagination with this scheme. You're keeping a guy that's a part of the failed thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and this is where I get into a bit of a problem in my head. Is Okay, Schottenheimer's track record is not great, but he was wanting different stuff than McCarthy. I think, you know, with the offense. So it's like, Okay, does McCarthy get the blame for that? Does shot he get a fresh start? I love this shot. He was asked what's your offensive philosophic?
Speaker 8: And the starting point for me would be things that our players do well. You're always going to start with that. If your system's not flexible enough to do what your players do well, then you're probably in the wrong business. But a big believer in shifts and motions to distort things like that, we're going to do a great job of marrying our runs and our passes and make those look the same. There's a tempo element that we're excited to mix in allows them to play free. So when you go fast and you're playing on the ball, these guys, it's a little bit more like like.
Speaker 2: Pick up basketball.
Speaker 8: Those would probably be the biggest things that I would say from an offensive standpoint.
Speaker 3: This is good. That is the part I can live with because this is what Washington's doing. There. We go and it's a Cliff thing. Now, I didn't think Cliff would be great for Dak.
Speaker 5: Cliffs always needed a quarterback who could bail out, like Hoo's the open guy.
Speaker 3: We're not thinking because I don't need you to think.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get a guy open for you on the play and then we're gonna go faster up to the line. We're gonna be conditioned, and that's a big part of this. We're conditioned offensive linemen are conditioned to play fast and not huddle up. And if he's gonna work that in, I do think that's good because then Dak's not thinking as much, and I think we know it's way better for Dak if it's just there quick. Now they could use another wide receiver if we're going to do that, and are we gonna run the ball and all that stuff. But I like, if they're gonna play fast, and that's the they're gonna mix in, and that's something that he'd been wanting to mix in. And McCarthy's like, no, I want to look at the play sheet, dude. When you can just say number seventeen on your wristband, just call that play real quick, then I think that's good. So I'm there's the tiny glimmer of hope I have from today.
Speaker 1: Right, And look, regardless, they took last offseason off, they didn't really participate in free agency, and they've missed on their last two first round picks. Yeah, so the front office is not doing a great job, and so what are they gonna do something different this offseason?
Speaker 2: No, shot, he's just gonna fix it.
Speaker 5: Shot, he's gonna fix it. That's the whole thing is, we're gonna add to it. We're gonna draft new players. We're gonna get those, but we'll make up for the guys you lose.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And this is where they did mention multiple times that they wanted Brian Colin plays.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, well no one else did.
Speaker 5: But maybe you guys wanted Brian to take over the play calling for Mike and maybe that was a part of the Mike McCarthy negotiation.
Speaker 1: But this was not even their plan all along. Yeah, it was not. They tried to bring McCarthy back. Yeah, that's what's weird. They denied his interview with the Bears because he's like, he's our guy. If they were so set on Shoddy, they would have said yes, bears.
Speaker 3: Please take him. We got shot. Okay, here's the last role to play. I'm glad you went there.
Speaker 5: Jane Slater at the NFL Network asked a really great question and Jerry tries to wiggle out of it, and then he throws Dak under the bus.
Speaker 9: Jeane Slater, NFL Network, Jerry, do a lot of us on the outside. It did look like this process took a bit. Was there a point during your conversations with Mike that you thought that he would stay?
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for that. I wouldn't aware of any clock. Where's the clock?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 6: Held a lot more important things than a clock. Take a long time to do this. I have screwed around with clocks in my life. I wouldn't get to be sitting up here. I heard this share that we didn't get Dak signed quick enough. Dak, you're sitting right back there. You want to stand up and tell him you had something to do with that.
Speaker 2: No, thank you didn't get Lamb signing quick enough.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's they have many more things to think about.
Speaker 2: That clock.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable contract actually not a clock.
Speaker 5: But go ahead, Jerry, pretty good though, to throw Deck under the bus and decks like yeah, I mean we did have a lot to do with that, like right to get the most so