Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you up pow right in the quizzer.
Speaker 2: I'm David Flora and I'm Andy Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are people visiting cities for World Cup and taking it over. I saw a thing where a bunch of Scottish people have bagpipes and we're going up and down wherever that next game was, and it's great. I want Scotland to take over.
Speaker 1: I saw a picture of a lot of people with a lot of ranch dressing in their shopping carts.
Speaker 2: You know what, not a bad call. I'm a fan of ranch dressing. Hey, David, Yes, I want to wish a happy birthday to Jumma. May it be wonderful. May you escape all the rooms, get all the trivia answers right, see all the musicals and prosper.
Speaker 1: Maybe tray some ranch, yeah, and air conditioning.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, do we have any business.
Speaker 1: David, don't think so. Second Saturday of July is when we're going to have our next zoom Trivia. Would love to see you there.
Speaker 2: And if you're in the Gunnison Valley, we have two trivia's this week. Thursday we'll be at the Almont and Friday we're helping the Lady Elks with a fundraiser in Gunnissan, So come to both. They're different trivias, that's right.
Speaker 1: Other than that, I think we are ready to jump in. So here is how the show works. Witz Quiz Bang Bang's format. It's four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, will ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 2: Round one. Question one, the category is television Martin Short Steve Martin and Selena Gomez Starn What mystery comedy?
Speaker 3: Question two.
Speaker 2: The category is anatomy. This question comes from listener to Bobby.
Speaker 3: Thank you Bobby, Thank you Bobby.
Speaker 2: What is the most abundant cell in the human body?
Speaker 3: Question three?
Speaker 2: The category is economics. What is the very fitting three letter ticker symbol for Harley Davidson? Question four? The category is music. The Formation World Tour was the first all stadium tour by which female artist? For two extra points? What album was it done with? It was the best selling album of twenty sixteen, and now the answer is to round one. Question one Martin short, Steve Martin and Selena Gomez star and what mystery comedy only murders in the building. It's great check it out if you haven't. Question two, what is the most abundant cell in the human body? The red blood cell? In It's by a lot. The red blood cell accounts for over eighty percent of all cells.
Speaker 3: Woo.
Speaker 2: Question three, what is the very fitting three letter ticker symbol for Harley Davidson hog Hog? Question four? The Formation World Tour was the first all stadium tour by which female artist? And for two extra points? What album was it done with? Beyonce? And this happened around the same time she released Lemonade, So twenty sixteen was a huge Beyonce a year.
Speaker 1: Round two. Question five. The category is medicine. A McBurney incision is made in the lower right abdomen by a surgeon about to remove what. Question six category language. This one comes to us appropriately from Brian the Language Guy.
Speaker 3: Thank you Brian, Thank you Brian.
Speaker 1: The current Prime Minister of Hungary is Peter Magyar. What does Magyar mean in Hungarian? Question seven? Category science, Amphibians and mammals are classified as what eleven letter plural term due to the fact that they have backbones. Question eight. Category Literature. Richard Bachmann wrote Thinner, The Long Walk and Blaze, and is the pen name for which author who has written more than one hundred books? And now the answers to round two. Question five. A McBurney incision is made in the lower right abdomen by a surgeon about to remove what an appendix? Gotta love a good old McBurnie, bro feel the mcburny. Question six. The current Prime Minister of Hungary Peter Magyar. What does Magyar mean in Hungarian? Hungarian? Peter Hungarian?
Speaker 2: That's pretty great.
Speaker 1: Question seven. Amphibians and mammals are classified as what eleven letter plural term due to the fact that they have backbones. They are vertebrates. Question eight. Richard Bachman wrote Thinner, The Long Walk and Blaze, and is the pen name for which author? Stephen King?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty great. If you look up Richard Bachman, he's a picture of just a friend of his for the author photo, and it's a great author photo.
Speaker 1: I love his turner overdrive.
Speaker 2: That's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is geography. This question is brought to you by listener Kendall.
Speaker 1: Thank you Kendall.
Speaker 2: You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. What are the five US state capitals which are not located on an interstate highway?
Speaker 3: Your time starts now, and that's time.
Speaker 1: The five US state capitals not located on an interstate highway are Juno, Alaska, Dover, Delaware, Jefferson City, Missouri, Carson City, Nevada, and Pierre, South Dakota.
Speaker 2: Kendall says, most people logically guess Honolulu, Hawaii. But interstate highways do not have to connect with other states. They just need to be designed and built to interstate highway system specifications.
Speaker 1: Well why are they named that then?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because, yeah, I mean, interstate has an implication in the word.
Speaker 1: But hawaiis Hawaii is failing us.
Speaker 2: But we did fall into that trap. So if you did, don't feel bad. You're a very good company, that's right.
Speaker 1: The people that take the names of things.
Speaker 3: Seriously, that's right.
Speaker 2: We're going to start an organization called that.
Speaker 1: Take our Highway names back.
Speaker 2: Round three. Question nine, the category is animals. A specific hummingbird whose name we won't mention because it will spoil the answer is unique for being the only bird to have what physical feature? Question ten. The category is technology. This question comes from Major Data. Thank you, Major Data. What industry leading project management tool comes from the Japanese name for Godzilla? Question eleven. The category is history. Seward's Folly was a sarcastic nickname for the eighteen sixty seven purchase of what. Question twelve, the category is sports. Only four players have scored more than one hat trick at the men's FIFA World Cup. Name them two and a half points to each right answer, and now the answer is to round three. Question nine. A hummingbird is unique for being the only bird to have what physical feature? Well, it's the sword billed hummingbird, and it is the only bird with a beak longer than the rest of its body. It's enormous. It's fun to look. I love hummingbirds in general. Question ten, What industry leading project management tool comes from the Japanese name for Godzilla Jira. The product name comes from the last two syllables of go Jira, which is Godzilla. Question eleven. Seward's Folly was a sarcastic nickname for the eighteen sixty seven purchase of What Alaska? Question twelve. Who are the only four players to have scored more than one hat trick at the Men's FIFA World Cup? Sander cooxes he had two in nineteen fifty four, just to Fontaine had two in nineteen fifty eight, Gerd Mueller two in nineteen teen seventy, and Gabriel Batistuta did it in nineteen ninety four and nineteen ninety eight. So he's the only player to have scored hat tricks in two different World Cups, because all the rest did it in two different games in the same World Cup.
Speaker 1: So that's four hat tricks for him then over two World Cups.
Speaker 2: No, sorry, his games were just in two different World Cups, so he oh, I see yeah, where the rest were in just in one World Cup. But we're able to do oh okay, and we'll keep you posted if anyone does it this World Cup. Messi already has one hat trick. He almost had a second hat trick. He scored two. If he hadn't missed his penalty shot, he could have gotten too.
Speaker 3: Have a coup tricks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in that game, hasn't it? Didn't bop a do it last World Cup? Maybe the time before. I'm not sure he's got to be up there. I mean he's almost going to overtake Messi this World Cup. Anyway he did. I just saw he did one in Qatar, And so this question might need to be updated in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Imbape and Messay could act.
Speaker 1: It could both. Yeah, Yeah, that's crazy awesome. Round four Question thirteen. The category is Games and Hobbies. What is it called when a player uses all seven tiles at once? In scrabble? Question fourteen Category mythology? Who was the god of the underworld? And husband to Isis? In Egyptian mythology? Question fifteen Category video Games. What nineteen eighty one arcade game that dungeon crawler Carl is skilled at? Has the player direct an animal across a freeway or a river with logs? Question sixteen category Film? In Iron Man, what character did Gwyneth Paltrow play? And now they answers to Round four Question thirteen What is it called when a player uses all seven tiles at once in scrabble? This old chestnut, that's a bingo. I wonder how they decided it was called a bingo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did they figure out what game they were playing when.
Speaker 1: They could have just said that's number Wang? Question fourteen? Who was the god of the underworld and husband to Isis? In Egyptian mythology? That was Osiris? Question fifteen. What nineteen eighty one arcade game that dungeon crawler Carl is skilled at? Has the player direct an animal across a freeway or a river? That was Frogger. Question sixteen In Iron Man? What character did Gwyneth Paltrow play? Virginia pepper Potts?
Speaker 2: And that's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Mythology. Jemmar our birthday girl will ask for some mythology. So here we go, and if any other patrons want to shout out for their birthdays or a special question for their birthday, let us know we're.
Speaker 3: Happy to do it.
Speaker 2: We will ask you three clue questions which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, Wolverene and Deadpool share what superpower?
Speaker 1: Question two, Mike, Sully and Boo are all characters? And what Pixar movie?
Speaker 2: Question three? What body part generally weighs between two point three and five kilograms or five point one and eleven pounds?
Speaker 1: And your Big Bang question again categories mythology. Heracles died after putting on a tunic unknowingly poisoned with the blood of.
Speaker 2: What, and now the answer is to the Big Bang round. Question one, Wolverine and Deadpool share what superpower regeneration?
Speaker 1: Question two, Mike, Sully and Boo are all characters? And what Pixar movie monsters ink?
Speaker 2: Question three? What body part generally weighs between two point three and five kilograms or five point one and eleven pounds the head?
Speaker 1: And lastly, Heracles died after putting on a tunic unknowingly poisoned with the blood of what the mythological monster whose heads would regenerate the hydra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Heracles' wife was all jealous about something and someone told her. I clearly don't actually know the story very well, but someone was like, put some blood here.
Speaker 1: And that one, it'll excite your lover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like, all right, she wasn't trying, sure, dude.
Speaker 1: She didn't know that it was dipped it. This was from an old enemy. Yeah, who had dipped this tunic and played the long game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she was told it was like the blood of love, and it wasn't. It was the blood of poison. It was the blood of death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was. He was mad enough to kill the messenger.
Speaker 2: Oh see.
Speaker 1: He put the tunic on and the guy who brought him the tunic he thought was the one that did it, and his body was like being eaten away like acid, and he threw him into the sea.
Speaker 3: Did he survive the messenger?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Is that where we get the expression don't kill the messenger because maybe a messenger was very literally killed for something he had nothing.
Speaker 3: To do with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they must have stored that blood for a while unless there were multiple hydras. But that's one of the labors.
Speaker 1: Was it's that was the Lernian hydra, and he had used the blood of it himself to dip his arrows in. And the perpetrator of it, he was actually a centaur who tried to steal his wife, and Heracles got mad and shot him with an arrow that was dipped in this blood. And then the centaur was like, here, let me take a tunic and sop up this blood real quick and give it to the wife to you know, to eventually get back at him. And then he told her it was, you know, to excite her man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it's lucky. The wife, well, I guess it's unlucky. But that the wife and the messenger didn't touch the blood at all, because you think to be like, ah, yeah, unless it doesn't impact them, because they're not.
Speaker 1: No, it should impact them.
Speaker 2: You would think, Yeah, it must have been well packaged.
Speaker 1: I too would like to make sense of a fairy tale.
Speaker 2: That's right, don't think about it too hard.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you guys for listening, and if you'd like what we do, you can support us by sending us a coffee at ko fi dot com slash quiz bang pod or becoming a patron Patreon dot com slash quiz bang And don't forget, we have zoom Trivia on the second Saturday of July noon mountain time. If you'd like the link, let us know.
Speaker 2: Hope to see you there be super fun to see you.
Speaker 1: And for this episode of Quizquizbang Bang, I have been David Flora.
Speaker 2: Hi, Bananni Flora.
Speaker 3: Here's looking at you.