Speaker 1: Hello, this is the hard rd light. I'm Mary, y'all give 'em a conservative respective about the world around me. Feedback IS's important. Feel free to reach out to me. Two ways to do this. Email of course is always appreciated and getting me their response to that, but comments on YouTube is highly appreciate it. And then also the last as a companionship to what I talk about. On Fridays, I posted a uh short little video.
Speaker 2: About what are my.
Speaker 1: Commentary my thoughts on animation and the state of animation today?
Speaker 2: And this got a quiz on there.
Speaker 1: So if you like things like that, you know gonna check that out and I'll link also link it and so y'all can check that out and give me thoughts cause I greatly appreciate what you y'all think, and.
Speaker 2: All the comments.
Speaker 1: Really help with the development and the growth of this cha well, this podcast. I like to consider it as a radio show, but it really helps everything. Okay, so what are my faultso helps you know? You have a friend coworker, what have you loved one and you think that, hey, this is their cup of tea, go and share it with them, le tell 'em about it. The allry like, Okay, so on to the topic of choice. Now, I'm gonna get my thoughts about the aspects of the first comic book that is well established that you know, it's interesting with this one. I'm not gonna go into two depth in its intro about it. You know, that's what the show is for, of about the variations of how comic books are.
Speaker 2: Considered.
Speaker 1: It'str actually with this particularly the first you know, comic book. And then on Wednesday, I'm gonna give more commentary on my thoughts on comic books.
Speaker 2: And I touched on this.
Speaker 1: Some time back, and I'm just gonna reiterate it because I think comic books is in itself very fascinating and it's placed in American culture. And then abron with that said, let's jump right into the pages of it. Okay, so let's jump right into the aspects of it.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 1: I Initially when I was talking about French literature a right th this came into my path about the aspects of of UH.
Speaker 2: This particular where though.
Speaker 1: It's really considered internationally one of the first comic books. And then we r reiterate the focus into American comic books, cause UH, American comic books and UH America in general really crafted comic books and made it well into its outside of manga.
Speaker 2: With that, alright, so let's jump right to it.
Speaker 1: So, mister Obadiah oh old book is uh the adventures uh of mister I Obadiah. Old Book is loosely based upon uh the uh history d masher forget forgive me with the notifications going on in the background, mister, I'll forgive me for the French here. Uh, I'll do my very best with pronunciation of this.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: V are bulls of Bulls in eighteen thirty seven by Randolph Telfer. Now this went through a lot of different variations of altering and everything else with it, and it's considered the consistency is that it's the first comic book in the way in which the alliteration though, the drawings are and the panels and then it has, you know, something something you would say to the con the consistencies and the consensus of thought bubbles, you know, which you would typically see in the comic book when when they're conversing with each other.
Speaker 2: But what what.
Speaker 1: Is very interesting is the subject matter and which uh they Obadiah Uh Obadiah Oh book is our following it goes along the aspects of UH. First, it's centers around a a g a man who is r uh very much going through in a turmo to the point it goes into very uh graphic an and well, you know, to each his own with that, but it goes into very sensitive and that I can be a whole thing with uh depending on with uh the aspects of how that is seen and presented. But the subject matter is not is is not cute. It's it's it is graphic and graphic in the sense of it. It goes into the depths of the aspects of you know, which I don't understand why you can't have conversations on YouTube, adult conversations when that's so you don't when it's uh, my my my market, my channel is for adults. When you know, I happen to have some you know, I have frien family friendly content for the most part, most part this is centered around adults. But anyway, you know, with the aspects of anyone's life. Unfortunately by yourself, your y if y'all, y'all get the point of what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So and it's.
Speaker 1: And the way in which that is centering around is uh from what I understand.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Now, at this time period we're going to through through the transitions of the aspects of naturalism with a literary concept of that and romanticism, uh, with the literary concepts of that.
Speaker 2: Now, why am I bringing up these subject matters here? Now?
Speaker 1: These two subject matters center around the house of French literature specifically, you know, when we get to naturalism, but you know a little bit with romanticism and the aspects of UH of that and everything else. Of saying once not that this is what I'm I'm I'm I'm picking up from that in interpretation of this comic book.
Speaker 2: It's okay, uh, okay, let me get back to this. It's a.
Speaker 1: Another interpretation and the myths in which this mentality of no matter what you do, no matter how the prizes that accolates you have you, something is still against you.
Speaker 2: Right, And I think that this.
Speaker 1: Particular a UH in the means in which is represented is UH an ensemble to that piece of you know what was reitererated again with uh literary philosophies of naturalism and UH the French sort of uh aspects of this UH bleak disdain sort of mentality of the ways in which they saw the moralities and n and the.
Speaker 2: Movements of modern life, you know. And so.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting when you turn and you look and you think about the concepts of comic books and it's disposition alright, So the concept of interpersonal relationships and when this is the archetype and the UH as I was saying about the I'm gonna go back the Obadiah obuk, right, it's a also goes.
Speaker 2: In the aspects of what would you do in order to know.
Speaker 1: Reierate your situations of what you're dealing with, cause it are not on top of love and love loves to go in the aspects of you know, often oneself goes in into the UH list of talking about robbery, imprisonment, a missing person, and and then the aspects of monks, you know, the aspects of pastoral libbing and all of these things. Now, these concepts also in itself, UH the foundations in which to a variation a lot of different coming but s CENTERI itself around the aspects talking about robbery, right, robbery and crime and ced ands. You know, we got the Dick Tracy's of UH comic books. You got all Man, you could say, Batman in itself. You know that a lot of that uh pyramids in Bo Batman with the de depending on you how you look at it, has to do with crime and thiefery and all these kind of things. And the aspects are spiritual.
Speaker 2: With the the month.
Speaker 1: That uh month and uh being disillusion with uh speciality and you know, having that interlaced in this.
Speaker 2: Those concepts are.
Speaker 1: Very prevalent in a lot of American modern comic books. And then specifically when we get into manga and the aspects of Western f I mean Eastern philosophy, right in some Western but s specifically mainly Eastern philosophy, okay, and then pastoral living alright, So presoral living, you know, that's reminant a lot about the aspects of.
Speaker 2: Being one with the concept of nature, like uh what d what what are we? How?
Speaker 1: Uh what are we looking at in front of us? And how we living? What is our disposition in nature? Because most of the time, you know, when uh, these things are presented, when it we we see it from a artistic point of view.
Speaker 2: You know, where it be literature, where it be.
Speaker 1: A different form of the arts, or where it be uh with and paintings or drawings or in movies, depending on the what what the person who is creating is where they wanna uh take this artistically. Most of the time the concept is centered around the aspects of.
Speaker 2: What kind of feelings.
Speaker 1: Do I have about nature? And what does that mean to me, whether it be good or bad? M where there be romanticized in the aspects of longing and belonging nostalgia because u uh a lot of time lu most of that w uh with romanticism. Now I'm really merely seeing it from my point of view in the aspects of the literary style and the concepts of it that had to do with the belonging of something, of where where it should be, and that y that's where you're getting into the territory of uh nossagia here.
Speaker 2: However, the first.
Speaker 1: Comic book, as the consensus is in America, it's not Trace, the one single author author, so it is uh actually entitled The Fortunes of Fernand Flipper, and it's an episodic tell of birth, employments, romance, fortune and death, as they say in UH Death of a Salesman well particularly, and this is an asinuation of that you know that that old adage of you know you can depend on things in life, and those those are one of 'em. Uh with the aspects of you know, birth, education, employment, romance and fortune and then and then in death and also the aspects of it being rambling. You know, it's very interesting because you know when you ramble, well pretty much it's somebody that's just very incoherent in the way in which they're uh expressing something, and that to me innates the aspects of uh what uh soliloquies, right, And then you know, Shakespeare in itself, uh he he his work was a want to uh pinpoint these things out the you know people you know, having these thoughts and and speaking out loud, right, And then that's very interesting, uh for the po uh experience that it's rambling, uh, for the point of the aspects of having uh soliloquy to to me, that's how I interpreted that, you know, like if if that's my point of view of it, and that's setting up the the the process of reiterating, you know, like a taking what was already said with the aspect oh done with the Obadiah Old book and just you know, giving uh a different spin on it, you know, which is a lot a lot of things that are really popular do that. Even the Bible, you know, uh, there there is uh notations of uh things being reiterated and just regurgits, hired it, and it's being discounted because it's something that happened after the fact and not being a part of the Bible, because it's not actually proven that this, you know, when you look back at it, that it was actually in the time of Jesus and and then at the time of the Old Testament and something way by way after you know, so so forth, and that could be a ye. And it's just interesting how you know, something that is so profound and so upl lifting or or something that is so meaningful that has has been accounted for, and then you know, people having an admar you know. And I think that's what was going on with the aspects of the uh fortunist uh of Frina Clipper, that you know, get e seeing something that's already been done and and reinterpreting that like this. This is this concept of reinterpreting something that has a profound effect on culture. It it's you know, really nothing new. But getting back to the point here, I just think it was simply rambling, you know, for the sake of you know, setting it up for a means to have thought bubbles or you know, something like a soliloquy like this is uh expected for people to kind of understand or are you n It's one of those things to understand the audience too, in uh, the context and time, in the circumstance. Maybe the person who uh was originally wrote wrote this or made this. That's what they were an intending. Uh, that was something that was already applied, you know, depending on the historical context in the eye that you know, to look at it like that, this was laying down the front the foundation of having a soliloquies there they're the this is just long, long soliloquy and that's why it's rambling like that, and then leading down the road of you know, comic books really taking shape and taking form into its own and then having a c consensus Okay, well let's take it to another level, you know, and having the placement in which doop bubbles are very you know, prevalent and precise and concise in these comics. And it's also interesting too how things develop and become its own when I when uh people think after the fact or uh they say well, what's the next thing that we can do to uh carry this medium on? Because you know, we see that it's gaining a lot of traction, So what's next? And I that's to me is what is very interesting about the aspects of comic books. It's it's it's for the most part, it's it's been center around the aspects of what's next or what can we do? How can we reienterate a subject matter and take it to the next level. Dead Pool is a really good example of this. Okay, that's countless others and I'll get into that on Wednesday more specifically, but to uh raining and wrap up here and you know, get to the focal point here that Pool in itself. You know, you have this character that really breaks down w the expectations of what.
Speaker 2: Are a superhero.
Speaker 1: You know, for the most part, it's supposed to be because you know, it was established a superhero does this?
Speaker 2: A superhero looks like this? And there you go.
Speaker 1: Now that you know, before deal Pool came out, there was you know, alterations, uh tweaking and you know, you get like the anti hero, you get you know, uh, the the concept of.
Speaker 2: Justice and protection and.
Speaker 1: It's gray and and everything else, so you know when you think about Batman in the subject matter and other other other concepts.
Speaker 2: But uh, when the.
Speaker 1: Coming but what that pulling itself came out, it was very interesting because that coming move was not only wittedly m making fun of uh pop culture, it would e that if that pulling itself would break down the concept of the four fourth wall, the fourth wall you know, for itself, it's uh something that that was very disturbing to break down. You know when it was fir well, initially when it was first done, I I W I would say it was probably Nah, I'm just merely going on from what I understand, and y'all I uh movie buffs or uh fe uh the uh TV buffs what have you? You y'all can correct me and fill me in on it by emailing me or getting making comments, you know, with this episode. So there was one Hitchcock film where this was done to.
Speaker 2: Be very menacing.
Speaker 1: Okay, and for those who know and for those who don't know, yeah, I I'm tryna think about what it was. But anyway, I'm just gonna set up set up the the uh what the scene is? So initially it's a scene where people are watching tennis, right, and you know, everybody's moving their head back and forth, back and forth cause they're watching a tennis match.
Speaker 2: Okay, but.
Speaker 1: There's one person in the crowd that's just looking straight on at someone to antagonize them to know that there's something amiss and there's something going to happen. That was, from what I understand, was the first you know, interplay of the aspects of breaking that down. And then you know, the fourth wall became a thing where it was it's comic relief, you know, w you know when you s uh saw it and UH Ferris Builder's Day Off, it was reenterating again in other films and then uh in television, Uh Will Smith and UH A Fresh Prince of Bellat he did it a lot, and.
Speaker 2: In the UH show.
Speaker 1: Now doing that in a comic book, that's all the thing, because in a comic book, you know, you don't you don't have something moving in order to you know, break it up a little bit. It's just there in the pages and you're like, oh wow, okay, and it it j it it's it can be drawing, you know, if you're not really but if that's not really something that's interesting to you, but it was just another aspect of how that's very interesting and that's that's uh very could be very reassuring with the aspects of what comic books can do because it's another platform that it's entertains the aspects of thinking about what what can you do next? With telling the story? Now, what can you do next? With the aspects of art and and the disposition of the UH popular culture of how people see themselves for popular culture, or how people see themselves in any aspects of modernity, UH, how people see themselves in the aspects of nostalgia with nostalgia, how people feel about nostalgia, all the aspects of how people think about UH violence, UH justice and UH the concept of M sci UH science and technology, the concept of UH superheroes and their placement and comic books. When you know uh are you don't we a you don't you take it into another level with the aspects of something like au t uh tales from a crypt and UH that concept the aspects of the subject matter when it has to do with what you do uh and uh reality of your situation is a very spiritual thing. This can also be a very UH Christian nonn connotation, but the aspects of this can be like a interpretation of UH.
Speaker 2: A lot of different religions of.
Speaker 1: Y. You get your come up and s whether you realize that or not, when you do misdeeds it it eventually comes back to you of. But it's laid in the concept of UH, of of horror and and UH you know, monsters and ghoules, you know, reiterating that and that's that's very interesting. So that my first thoughts about the aspects of UH, the UH comic books and the aspects of for UH the the first comic books, you know, and then actually and then American This the American comic book that is UH considered to be the first comic book. So I would like to know what you all think. Feel free to reach out to me and you know, continuing the conversation you UH email is great and also comments on YouTube's greatly appreciated. So this reaches the end of the heart being like tune in, turn up, and absolutely take care by bye for now.