Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech, Tam Chase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. He hope you're well on this Sunday afternoon. You're Los Angeles Dodgers eighty seven and sixty one on this season, first place atop the NLS, but the lead in the division is starting to shrink. Is the Dodgers have lost too in a row, four of their last five, and tonight it's Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta. Walker Buehler on the mound, Game three of this four game series. First pitch from Truest Park is coming up at four to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassa Well, join us of course. Throughout the show, he'll go one on one with Daniel Hudson.
Speaker 3: Shortly.
Speaker 2: We'll also check in with Rick Monday and Tim neffett Ale at the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth last night in Atlanta things got away from the Dodgers early, and in the end position players were pitching late. Jack Flaherty got to start, the right hander coming off his best start as a Dodger, but last night he only lasted three innings, giving him four runs on five hits while striking out four along the way. The Braves got the scoring started early in the first met Olson a two out RBI, doubled to right and the Braves were up one to nothing. In the third, the Dodgers able to get to Brave starter Chris sale Key k Hernandez a ground rule double in one out after show he struck out that brought up Mookie Betts and the breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: So all ready to deal here Now there are to two pitch to Bets swing on and that is into shallow center field.
Speaker 5: Long run in for Harris.
Speaker 6: You won't get it.
Speaker 5: It drops. It's a pay set.
Speaker 4: For Mookie around third and scoring is keyk that ties the game at one.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts with the two out RBI single, Dodgers and Braves all knotted up at one. The breath of fresh air moment of the game brought to you by a Tara Mechanical Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in southern California. A Tara Mechanical is your trusted partner Omar and Brittany, the founder's great people. Their service more than just a solution, It's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your projects. A Tar Mechanical delivers friendly on a service at a fair price. The score was tied at one, but not for long. Jack Flerity got into trouble. A lead off double, then a walk three batters later, a walk to load the bases with two outs, when things really went south for Flarity.
Speaker 4: One ball, one strike, pitch to rco swung on, hitting the ear of the white center.
Speaker 5: Field gamp Bookie on the run. He's not gonna get it. This is big trouble.
Speaker 6: So Lari is in.
Speaker 4: Here comes Murphy kell Nick behind him. It is a two out basis clearing double and Upbraids have opened up a lead here in the third, eniting three runs commanded a.
Speaker 2: Four to one Orlando Arcia, a basis clearing double, braves a four to one lead, and things would only get worse than the sixth. Evan Phillips and Ryan Brazier combined to give up six runs. Dodgers were down ten to one. With the game out of reach, Dave Roberts emptied the bench and brought in Miguel Rojas to pitch the eighth inning. He put up a zero. Then Key Key Hernandez, if we've seen before, he came in and pitched as a position player a scoreless eighth. Dodgers, though, go on and lose last night ten to one. Chris Sailed will win his seventeenth of the season. Jack Flerry the loss. Dodgers have now dropped the first two games of this series in Atlanta. They're now eighty seventy and sixty one on this season, but they look to churn things around here on Sunday Night Baseball. Walker Buehler on the mound, first pitch coming up at four to ten, and with more we head out to the Galpa Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Rick Monday and Tim Neffert. Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: We've actually seen blue skies here in Atlanta today, some clouds hanging around, but we're getting you ready for Sunday Night baseball. In the third game of this four game series against the Land of Braves. The Dodger has come into this one eighty seven and sixty one, three and a half ahead of San Diego and five ahead of the Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League Western Division. Over the National League East, the Braves and Mets were tied, but the Phillies walked off the Mets earlier today, so the Braves now sit in second place and a half game ahead of them in the wild card standings. The Mets find themselves a half game back the Braves overall eighty one and sixty seven. The pitching matchup today is Walker Buehller at one in five and an ERA of five ninety five, looking to find his way against veteran right hander Charlie Morton. Morton is eight and eight and a four to eleven earned run average. The Dodgers have seen plenty of Morton in the past, and the Braves have seen plenty of Bueller in the past. In the lineup today for the Dodgers, Freddy Freeman goes back to the third spot, te Oscar Hernandez back to cleanup moment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and Austin Barnes will do the catching gain, Kevin Kiermer is going to be in centerfield, kier maraill bet in the ninth spot in this lineup. You know, we can talk about a lot of different things. This is the time the Dodgers right now have to kick it into gear. They've lost four or five six of the last nine and a three and a half game lead. Is they get ready to go against San Diego in the Western Division. They have not really played very well. They have not been able to pitch very well, and the starting pitching has really been a question mark. You can talk more a little bit later on about the pitching, but this is going to be a big outing for Walker Bueller because they need some more hands to be raised from the starting rotation and say, look, count me in on postseason play. As Dave Roberts is saying the other day, said, Okay, we're in a good position, but they have not nailed down yet postseason play. That's going to be right at the top of the list now.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts a little while ago in the dugout was telling the assembled media that they had a team meeting today and held it and talked about the significance of Roberto Clemente his life and his career and kind of devetailed that into a message of belief in this group and that this team is one that he feels can go the whole way. But again, they've got to get some runs on the board. They're outscoring sixteen to three in the series so far.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not only that, but you can look back really longer stretch. We'll talk more about it. During the ball game. They've had not a whole lot of opportunities to score runners in scoring position, and last night it was not real good based running right at the top of the lineup in the very first inning. They've had games that they not played very good defense and covering on just little fundamental areas, and that's something that needs to be polished. I mean, we're looking at game number one and forty nine as they get set to go here tonight in Atlanten, and this is the time that you need to really start to push down the accelerator. Right now, the doctors are having difficulty doing that.
Speaker 4: I think you're expecting more out of the top three of the batting order Otani, Betts, and Freeman, who are a combined two for twenty in the series, and Otani's over.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's interesting to watch how they are pitching to show Otani. They have tried to jamming. They've tried to go away, gone away from him a lot, and so far o'tane. You also wonder is O'tani maybe thinking in the back of his mind about home runs and stolen bases. You know, there's some games to be won, and the Dodgers they just can't afford to miss opportunities. And that's been the case. Really we look at the last dozen games.
Speaker 4: Looking for an opportunity tonight against Charlie Morton, the veteran right handed for Atlanta, going against Walker Bueller for the Dodgers, Game three coming up from Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you very much as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor where you're Shaky's Pizza chick in in Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check you in what David Vats say. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Also coming up, We'll get you an injury report. Your magical moment all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch from Atlanta Sunday Night Baseball and Braves.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino Dodgers On to Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of.
Speaker 6: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Brains Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta, Walker Bueler and Charlie Morton. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 6: This is the otanis rewind.
Speaker 2: Well Quiet night for show Aotani last night in Atlanta, Oh for two at the Walk. He is now over this series in the first two games against the Braves, but still sitting on forty seven home runs and forty eight stolen basis, so the drive for fifty to fifty is still alive. Otani rewind brought to you by eto Insha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showe Aotani loves and drinks available a local diso stores, Amazon, and etoin dot Com. That's etoin I T O e N dot com. Well, the Dodgers yesterday lose ten to one. Jack Flaherty was coming off his best start of the year, and yesterday, well he lasted just three innings for the Dodgers, and afterwards spoke to the media he was.
Speaker 8: Trying to compete. Yeah, you know, I just just you know, around the zone.
Speaker 9: Wasn't really attacking guys, wasn't wasn't doing little things right when you look at it, you know, walk four guys didn't really get ahead, and I got into good counts. Wasn't gonna put guys away quickly. The accounts ran long, you know, they put some good bays together.
Speaker 10: So you just.
Speaker 8: Move on from this one, move on to the next one, you know, as quickly as you can, and you know, you just make the adjustments. You coming tomorrow and you start working on things getting under the next one.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm looking to make those adjustments. What did you think was the biggest thing that was missing for you tonight?
Speaker 9: I think again, I'm just just doing little things right. I don't I don't know how many times they got strike one. I don't know, you know how I didn't do a good job of making them swing the bats, and they put themselves in good counts. And you know, fastball was kind of all over the place and you just try to compete and give it everything you have. And uh, I'm just trying to keep making pitches.
Speaker 11: Commands a lot like that, is it, because like mechanical things aren't syncd.
Speaker 9: Of Like I'll we'll figure it out as as we go. I don't have the answer sitting here right now, but come in tomorrow, look at some things tonight, and look at some things tomorrow, and figure it out over the week. It's not like if I had the answers right now. I you know, you you like to make those adjustments in game. You know, you know what it is, you know what it takes, and you know what you need to do. And you know, I just wasn't even make them as quickly as I would would have liked to. I had a couple of instances there where things started to go in the right direction, and then, uh.
Speaker 8: You know, I just put myself in that spots.
Speaker 10: Yeahs, I mean, look at with the starting rotation, you know, the injuries that have kind of get it pretty hard, and how much they're going to be relying on you in a potential October run. Do you feel that pressure? Do you think about those expectations at all?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: I mean our jobs.
Speaker 9: Go out and give the team a chance to win. If you look at tonight, I didn't really didn't do a good job of that. And even there when we get it one to one, they put up you know, we tie the ball game against Sale who's been really really good all year, and you want to go out and put up shut down inning and I didn't do that and give up three runs there on.
Speaker 8: Uh, you know, r put a good swing on the ball. So you know, that's frustrating.
Speaker 9: When when they when they put up another run and you got a chance to go out put a shut down and get those guys back into the dugout, that's frustrating.
Speaker 8: And then you're looking forward.
Speaker 9: You just keep keep making starts, keep keep making pitches, and it's all about game of adjustments.
Speaker 8: You know, you just chuck this one up, move on to the next one.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Jack Felarity after the game yesterday, tough Dodger lost, but they're back at it today and we're bought to buy cars for kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. Is that easy? Donate now? Hey, cars for kids dot or that's cars with a K. Still didn't come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vats goes one on one with Daniel Hudson. But up next, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Braves, Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta. First pitch at four to ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck continues Morongo Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam for good times. Dodgers looking at get back on track in Atlanta. They've dropped the first two games of this series. First pitch against the Braves at four ten.
Speaker 6: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Gavin Stone on the IL at the elbow inflammation, Joe Kelly working his way back from right shoulder inflammation, Tyler Glasnow on the IL with right elbow ten and night is Clayton Kershaw also in the IL, trying to work his way back from that big left turf toe. All right, let's find out more as we head back to Atlanta and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 12: Questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 6: The dugouts with Dave Robbers.
Speaker 13: Dave Walker Bueler today obviously with the news of glass now, just how important is it for him to really get to look like himself again?
Speaker 14: Well, I think it's it's important just for Walker to, like you said, look like himself, go out there and attack the strike zone. And and he's pitched in some of the biggest ball games, you know, in our franchise's history, and so you know, just go out there and take it one pitch at a time and you.
Speaker 12: Know, put us in a position to win a ball game.
Speaker 13: Do you feel like one start is going to make a click or do you feel like he's working towards something he does?
Speaker 5: He has he accepted just who he is right now as a pitch.
Speaker 14: He definitely hasn't accepted who he is as a pitcher, which is a good thing. I do think that one start can get you on a roll, and so you know, the way I look at things is this is an opportunity.
Speaker 12: So I I do believe that this could be a good night and he could get on a heater. What's that? I know he's he flew out. I'm not sure where he flew to, but he's not with the team. Now.
Speaker 11: Do you know what kind of like the longer term progression of what he might have to do these this winner just kind of getting back to throwing that do you know yet kind of what the early stages of the recovery might look like.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I do know that there's gonna be weeks of a shutdown period of throwing, and and we'll see where he is at at that point in time, so you know, you call it the next handful of weeks, there's gonna be no throwing.
Speaker 12: That's that's what I do know.
Speaker 11: And was there anything more specific on the diagnosis or just as far as you know, still just elbow.
Speaker 12: Spring, elbo elbow sprang Yeah, with with the other pictures.
Speaker 11: Like Walker and some of the guys, like do you want them kind of feeling the need to like kind of take on some of that role and understand how important they are in the just kind of the construction of your team now or do you want them blocking it out or is it different for each guy?
Speaker 14: Like I think I think more so probably it's pretty understood the value of each pitcher, certainly the starting pitchers where given where are you know, starting staff is right now? So I don't think there needs to be any you know more any more emphasis. I think they just need to go out and pitch of their abilities and you know, each night, pitch to give a chance to win, and and you know, outside of that, that's I think that's the only expectation.
Speaker 10: Just the less he's supposed to pitch last night Triple A, he didn't.
Speaker 3: Might there be a reason for that?
Speaker 12: Now he will. There was a reason we brought him for coverage.
Speaker 14: We found we got through last night somehow with a couple of position players, but just kind of some things that were uncertain.
Speaker 12: But I think Justin is going to.
Speaker 2: Fly back, all right. There's Dave Roberts in his pregame thoughts down the Dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service titan dot com. Coming up, we'll get more from David Vaz say he'll go one on one with Daniel Hudson. We'll get deeper to this pitchy match up, your magical moment that's all still to come. So you lead you up to Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blues all season Low.
Speaker 2: Here's the Dodgers and the Braves, Walker Buehler and Charlie Morton. The pitching match up here on Sunday Night Baseball. First pitch coming up at four ten. The umpiring crew for tonight's game. Brought to you by Fred Looyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 6: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger inside there, David Base all.
Speaker 2: Right, DV Dodgers struggling a little bit right now, lost the first two games of this series, for the last six, six of the last nine, and a little team meeting for the Dodgers today.
Speaker 13: I'll get to that in a second, Tim, but I want to give a shout out to one of the best pictures of his generation. Who is in the booth right now. No, it's not Rick Monday or Tim Neverett. It's David Cone, five time World Series champion. We won't hold it against him that he's buddies with Mark Goubazaw. That's the blemish on his record, but we'll absolve him of Cupcake Gubazza.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. I'm sure he had a lot of team meetings in his days, Dave as a pitcher, especially with those Royals teams. But what did this team do today? Team meeting in that Dodger clubhouse.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Dave Roberts the opportunity today to gather the team and just reflect on Roberto Clemente day, just to let his players know what Clemente was all about on and off the field, and he also said he took the opportunity organically to just reinforce his belief in this Dodger team. They've gone through a lot of adversity this year, They've had to deal with a lot of injuries. So he took the opportunity, after acknowledging Roberto Clemente, to bring up his belief in the team and to give them some encouragement. Interesting thing took place before that meeting. Tim We were supposed to be allowed in that clubhouse at four o'clock Eastern time, and for whatever reason, we weren't sure at the time, but we were not allowed at that point in time. And then all of a sudden, a Dodger official allowed us in, not knowing that a team meeting was about to take place. So I walk into the clubhouse first, and I see Dodger player at their locker. That is unusual when the media is allowed in. Usually they scatter and they don't really want to be as available around that point in time, So it was very unusual to have the entire Dodger team staring at me as I walked into that clubhouse first, and I thought, well, okay, it is football Sunday, so I thought maybe they were all watching football. I look up, TV is off, and then Ryan Brazier tells me and the rest of the media that followed me, you guys got to get out. We're about to have a team meeting right now. So I said, all right. I didn't know they wanted me to speak, but if you need me, I'm available. And we found out after that Dave Roberts was the one that called that meeting.
Speaker 5: One player told me it wasn't a big deal.
Speaker 13: So all the conspiracy and I know some of the writers were saying, oh, they're having a big meeting to really shake themselves of this bad last week.
Speaker 5: That wasn't the case at all.
Speaker 2: Like Homer Simpson backing himself into the bushes, David Vassi made his way out.
Speaker 5: Now that's how I.
Speaker 2: Felt of that Dodger clubhouse. David is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like. It's choices. Find yours with the four and f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be called F one fifty Walker Buehler on the Mountain tonight, David, what's the key for him?
Speaker 13: Well, the way it's been told to meet Tim He's got to be more of a pitcher than a thrower at this stage of his career. He's got to be able to use his cutter, he's got to be able to use his change up, his curveball and not try to bully with the fastball in his prime before he had his second elbow surgery. And also, you know, with the rules of the sticky on the baseballs, he had one of the most elite fastballs up in the strike zone.
Speaker 5: That's not the case anymore.
Speaker 13: So Walker Buehler has got to acknowledge the fact things are different for him right now, and until he does that, he is going to struggle. And the Dodgers are hoping today's that day that he acknowledges that he needs to be more of a pitcher than a thrower.
Speaker 2: Dave, what's next for Tyler Glass now?
Speaker 13: Well, Tyler Glass now last night after the game told reporters he would be right back to answer their questions. Okay, he never came back, and then today he left Atlanta. Dave Roberts says he does not know where he went. So Tyler Glass now is no longer with the team on this road trip and he's not going to throw for a period of time.
Speaker 12: Just looking.
Speaker 13: Speaking of David Cone of Tanaka of the Yankees years ago, he had a similar elbow strain where he did not throw for six weeks and then had PRP injections. So that's probably the course of action for Glass now, and that's why Dave Roberts said yesterday it's highly unlikely he returns to pitch this year.
Speaker 2: All right, David, appreciate it. Great information. We'll check back you with you and us a little bit. Dodger fans and Hans You're listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to Dodger games in HD. It's a great way to listen to games on the goal, your tablet and mobile device in the car. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Daniel Hudson, Dodger reliever. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Don't go anywhere. Dodgers Brave. Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta. First pitch at four to ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Atlanta Brave Sunday Night Baseball. This series will actually wrap up tomorrow A four games said from Atlanta. Then it's off to Miami. Walker viewer Charlie Morton. The pitching matchup will dive deeper into the numbers for both guys coming up in just a little bit. First pitch said for four ten.
Speaker 6: Dog who went at It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment.
Speaker 1: Ditch Magical presented by Hawpy Hottils.
Speaker 2: We go back to May fourth of this year at Dodgers Stadium, the Atlanta Braves in town taking on the Dodgers, a night in which Max Munsey went deep, not once, not twice, but three times.
Speaker 12: I don't think it'd be a fanciball. If it is, I think it'll be in on his hands.
Speaker 4: One two off speed pitches hit well and left in deep. Calnick back to the track, Keelnick.
Speaker 5: To the wall. It's gone a hat trick for monthly three.
Speaker 6: Home run night. How do you like that?
Speaker 5: Ohy, Max is swinging it. It's eleven to two.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, have yourself a night Max Mounsey three home home runs. He goes four for five with the three home runs the four Ribbies. Dodgers beat the Atlanta Braves back on May fourth, eleven to two. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hotey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave Delicious Hafey hot Dogs. And we can continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from Rick Monday leading up to first pitch from Atlanta Dodgers Braves. I'm Tim Kaso's Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braves from Atlanta. Game three of those four games set Dodgers trying to get a win, snapped his two game losing stream walker Bueller on the mound. First pitch coming up at four to ten tomorrow, be listening for the Zenchet Sweet Live Challenge where you can win tickets to an upcoming Dodger game and sit in the Amphi's seventy LA Sports suite. It's all presented by Zenchi handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game Ralphs or other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still to come, we're gonna hear from Daniel Hudson. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: But first and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Masse Here's La Dodgers broadcaster there and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 13: Rick, it is Roberto Clemente Day. And I know you know a lot about Roberto Clemene. Shared the feel with Roberto Clemene. Just how much did he mean to the game of baseball?
Speaker 7: Well, he meant a lot to obviously Latin America to begin with, but also here in the States. And he was more than just a fantastic player, David. He was a guy that was involved. He was involved also even though he was on the opposing team when I joined the Chicago Cums. He was a guy that would help out young players. He wanted to talk to young players he wanted to be an example for them as well. Oh, he's going to compete against you, but it was kind of a level playing field. I never really had a one on one conversation with him. It was basically just going by him. But I do recall one ball that he hit at Wrigley Field, and we talked so many times about getting jump reading the ball off the bat.
Speaker 3: There was a ball that he.
Speaker 7: Hit line drive to center and I thought, I'm going to have to get on my horse and go deep the center field. So I ran back to where I thought the ball was going to come down because it was a vicious line drive. And I turned around and the ball had so much top spin it hit the ground about thirty feet right about where I had been standing to begin with, and I went, no, that can't happen. There's only one other ball that was hit extremely hard like that that I remember offhand in my career. The other one was Frank Howard when he was with the Washington Senators and I was with the A's John BlueMoon Odin was pitching Frank Howard, all six foots him. Obviously, people know him from playing with the Dodgers for a lot of years. Wonderful guy as well. Hit a line drive up the middle that Johnny bloomin Otum ducked. He hit the ground, I broke in from center field and then I stopped. I turned around and it hit the wall beyond the center field fence and bounced back onto the field. To me, the two hardest balls in every call seeing hit along with Greg Lozinski who hit a ball in Philadelphia off the Liberty Bill who was straightaway center field at Veteran Stadium that was hanging from the second deck. So for Clemente, he was something else. But he could beat you, not only with a bat, he could beat you with his legs. He had an arm that he could throw it from here to Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 7: It was just one of those things. But he was an exciting player to watch and to know. Now major League Baseball has the Roberto Clemente Award, which Miokie Benz has been dominated and people can vote on that for him to receive it. Overall in baseball, that is a huge, huge, huge award and really deeply felt by those that are even nominated for.
Speaker 13: And even the Dodgers that have won that award, they take great flight in winning get Kershaw still has the twenty one on his hat. That's what you get to wear if you do win the Clemente Award.
Speaker 7: Exactly, and that's a wonderful achievement. And again for those not aware of it, is for what players do both on and off the field, and it's the off the field that really touches lines because that's how Roberto Clemente lost his trying to help people in flying in supporting and flying supplies somewhere else to people that were in dire need, and it costs he and some other people their lives.
Speaker 5: Just an extraordinary person.
Speaker 13: And thinking back to the way you were describing the player that he was, is it fair to say the term five tool players started with Clemente.
Speaker 7: There's another one of those players. We talk about Otani, and if you're looking at the top players, I think of Willie Mays, I think if Hank Aaron also in this category, Mickey Mantel, if you go back Joe Demaji of Ted Williams. Those are people that when they come to home plate to hit, and we're talking about the hitters, nobody left their seats because that was like a three ring circus and you were looking at the biggest ring because this is one of the premier players. People didn't leave their seats because it was happening. It wasn't just a bat of another player, whether it be a home player or a visiting player. This was something that you didn't want to miss.
Speaker 13: Love it, Rick, I tap into your knowledge because you've experienced these things.
Speaker 5: People don't appreciate that.
Speaker 7: It happens when you've been around for a while, but very fortunate to be around some really truly great people. Roberto Clementi Award is a huge award and a great honor even to be nominated, and.
Speaker 13: We are celebrating it tonight, Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers and Braves. We'll check in with Rack and Tim Neverett a little bit later, but for now, we'll send it back to Burbank.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, DV Dodger fans. Start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick will be back with Tim for the keys to the game. But up next we go high and Tight with Dodger reliever Daniel Hudson. Dodgers and Braves, Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta of Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Atlanta as they continue their four game series against the Braves, Walker Bueller, Charlie Morton the pitching matchup, First pitch coming up at four to ten. Dodgers Baseballs presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Whiles Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. I'm the right doctor at c h L a Org.
Speaker 1: David, and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This is high and tight.
Speaker 13: Trying never to make him wait seems to be his job these days in the bullpen and in life. The one and only Dan Hudson, thanks a lot for the time and thanks for being patient with me.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: No promise from just sitting out here in the dugout some big deal.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 13: And then straggler riders want to pick your brain. You're forced to talk to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you're just there. You know, they need somebody to talk to.
Speaker 5: Dan, you look very top gun ish right now.
Speaker 13: You got the white towel around your neck, you got the top gun Navy fighter pilot haircut.
Speaker 5: You're ready to go lather it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 15: It's so easy to get luthered up out here in this humidity. But luckily it's cloudy and overcast, so we don't have too much sun today.
Speaker 13: Dan, As you look at the Dodger bullpen, you guys have done such a tremendous job all season long, not just by the results, but the burden of innings.
Speaker 5: That have been put on you guys. What is the state of the bullpen as far as freshness and fatigue, the balance of all that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I know, the off day helps obviously with the freshness I'm coming across the country. It doesn't help with the fatigue, but you know, it's all part of it, man. I think everybody down there is just ready to strap them up and ready to go whatever the phone rings, so, you know, the innings or whatever they are.
Speaker 3: You know, the guys down there are ready to take take down whatever inning's need to get taken down. And you know, I'm proud to be down there with those guys.
Speaker 5: You came back for a reason.
Speaker 13: Has this season been everything that you had hope trying to come back from two severe knee surgeries?
Speaker 12: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 15: I think it's been even more when it comes to just a personal standpoint, Obviously, I'm in a little bit of a funk here right now. I'm trying to work my way out of it, and but you know, the first couple of months are really freaking good. So you know, I'm really kind of happy with where I'm at physically, and you know, we're just trying to push through some stuff right now and get ready for the playoffs.
Speaker 5: I always hear you guys talk about the process.
Speaker 13: Some people call it the journey, But isn't what you're going through right now just the whole thing and why you love the game of baseball so much?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, it's just it's just part of the roller coaster that is being in a Major League bullpen. You know it's not gonna go perfect every single night. You know, it's you know, I always say, I try not to ride that roller coaster emotionally. You know, I just kind of stay even keel. Don't get too ups with the with the super highs, and don't get too low with the lows. You know it's gonna even out in the end, and uh, you know you'll be right where you need to be.
Speaker 3: At the end of the season.
Speaker 15: So you know, I'm just trying to, like I said, I push through some stuff right now mechanically and mentally, and you know, get ready to go every single night whenever Dave needs me.
Speaker 13: People feel like you're invincible because you never really show all that stuff.
Speaker 15: I'm sure I show up more than more than people think. But no, it's uh, like I said, just try not to get too too low with these lows that I'm in right now, and push through it, and like I said, just be there whenever he needs me to take the ball and get ready for the series and hopefully you know, obviously in the playoffs as well.
Speaker 5: You've been through a lot in your career.
Speaker 13: Obviously, have you been able to maybe reach out or allow some of these younger pitchers that have had these elbow and shoulder injuries to lean on you just for some advice or really lean on you. I mean, how have you been able to help some of these younger guys.
Speaker 3: No, it's cool.
Speaker 15: I mean, obviously it's not great that they're injured, but like it's great that they're around. You know, sometimes you can kind of feel eggs out a little bit when you have like a major injury like that. So for them to still be around, Like you know, Stoney's on the trip with Dusk helping, helping him get through his stuff mentally, and obviously River was their last arm stand, so I got to talk to him a little bit. Yeah, we're all just everybody's there for everybody in this organization, in this clubhouse, top to bottom. Whenever anybody needs anything in a year to talk, listen to got to talk to then.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm there for him and they all know that.
Speaker 13: I don't really like to ask you guys too much about Otani and being teammates with him, but he is getting closer to making history to be the first fifty to fifty player in Major League history. What's it been like from your standpoint to watch him this season.
Speaker 15: I just I just feel like I'm lucky to have a first first row seat to this season for him. Obviously, uh, spotlight it's always on him, but I feel like it's gotten even brighter since it's gotten caught up the you know, the interstate a little bit to Dodger Stadium, and uh, he's done nothing. By answer to the bell man, he's he's there every single night, he's posting, he's doing unbelievable things on a ball field, And like I said, I just feel lucky I get to watch it every single night.
Speaker 5: Have you ever had a chance to watch his bullpens?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't. I haven't heard yet.
Speaker 15: I haven't been able to to see one of those yet. But I'm excited to kind of see where he's headed with that man. It'll be it'll be really great to see him back on the mount again.
Speaker 5: Where do you stand as far as the DH winning the m v P.
Speaker 3: Uh, I mean, it's it's his, no doubt. I don't. I don't really have a stance on that.
Speaker 15: If you're the best player in the league, most valuable player in the league, you.
Speaker 3: Get the m v P in my opinion, So uh, you know, He's been that and everything for us.
Speaker 15: The fact that he's a dah doesn't matter to me, so you know, hopefully it doesn't matter the voters as well. Hopefully he gets that hardware at the end of the year and uh, you know, hopefully top it off of the World Series as well.
Speaker 13: All Right, Dan Hadson, you know I tap into you. What you say leads my compass in baseball and maybe life.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't go that far, dude.
Speaker 15: If if that, if that's your if that's your compass, that's a bad compass.
Speaker 3: It's spinning all over the place.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time, Daniel, really appreciating, no problem there. He is the man. Daniel Hudson, great guy and happy for this journey for him.
Speaker 2: Definitely one of the good guys.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com. Dodgers losers of two in a row in Atlanta, four of their last five. Dodgers looking to get back on track with Walker Buehler on the mat, Will dive deeper into those pitching matchups to the coming up. In just a couple of minutes, we'll get the keys to the game as well. It's Sunday Night Baseball from Chewest Park in Atlanta, Dodgers and Braves of Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves from Cheuest Park in Atlanta, Game three of this four game series. Things will wrap up tomorrow in Atlanta, then off to Miami for a three game series and back home for the final homestand of the twenty twenty four regular season. First pitch coming up.
Speaker 1: At four ten, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California and Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Sacoma. See you're Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy. Hasn't been an easy year for Charlie Morton. The forty year old right hander is eight and eight with a four to one one ERA. Here's the info on him. Seventeenth season in the Big League's Pirates, Phillies, Astros Rays in the last four with the Braves. Making his twenty eighth start of the season. So he's forty years old and very durable. Making his twenty eighth start last time out, six and two thirty innings, one run, six hit, seven strikeouts, but in a loss to the Cincinnati Reds. This is his ninth career start against the Dodgers. He's one in four with a five thirty one e. He allowed two runs five hits so while striking out two back at Dodgers Stadium earlier this year. His last win against the Dodgers came in twenty twenty one. Walker Buehler on the mound for the Dodgers. Dodgers really need him to give him a good outing tonight. Thirty year old right handers one in five with a five ninety five erra making his fourteenth start of the season last time out, five innings, five runs, nine hits, four strikeouts and the loss of the Cubs. Facing the Braves for the fifth time in his career, in the first at Truest Park, He's two in one with a three, thirty three ra and nineteen strikeouts. Walker Buler last faced the Braves though, in April of twenty twenty two, before he went down with the Tommy John surgery. In that game, he went five innings, gave up three runs on eight hits, and struck out two and a loss. So it's Walker Buehler and Charlie Morton the pitching matchup Dodger fans and handsher listening experience. Download the iHeartRadio up and listen in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos lacare dot Org. Dodgers Braves were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Sunday Night Baseball. Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, it's Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Atlanta to take on the Braves Sunday Night Baseball, Walker Bueler, Charlie Morton the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at four to ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA weekend. Find out more. It's Speedycash dot com or stop in an LA area Speedy Cash store. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth Rick Monday, Tim Nevert, guys, All right, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: As we get set for baseball here tonight, it'll be on the national stage television wise person, you could hear us right here where you're listening, no matter where that is. As the Braves and the Dodgers get ready for this ballgame. Walker Bueller at one and five, the guy that really has not had the same kind of velocity that we've been accustomed to seeing him in the past coming back from injury. Maybe time to reinvent himself a little bit. We've seen him throw a lot more curveballs recently.
Speaker 7: Yump and not particularly great curve balls. In the five games since he's come off the injury list with that hip injury, he's zero to one with an e ARA above six in that particular area. In the last outing, five runs, nine hits. That was five innings against the Chicago Cubs. But for Bueller's got to work it out and the clock continues to tick and on the flip side, Dodgers have to figure out how to get to Charlie Morton, a veteran, he's forty years of age. One thing about it. He has one hundred and fifty five strikeouts. Ninety six of those have come on breaking pitches. What did that tell you? You're going to see a lot of off speed and a lot of pitches that are moving and moving a lot.
Speaker 4: This will be the second start for Morton against the Dodgers this season. Back on the third of maya Dodgers Stadium, he allowed two runs over six in a four to three Dodger win. So Morton and Bieler the pitching matchup, It's the Dodgers and Braves on Sunday night baseball. Glad you're listening to it right here, and we'll go back to you, Tim, all right.
Speaker 2: Dodgers eighty seven and sixty one. They go into play as we speak with the three and a half game lead over the Padres, five games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. Speaking of the Padres, they are tied to two in the top half of the tenth inning up in San Francisco, the Giants getting a game tying home run from Il Ramos. They're in the bottom half of the ninth inning, so they're tied in two. And the Arizona Diamondbacks, well, they are trailing the Milwaukee Brewers eight to seven in the bottom of the seventh, So David vatsay, we'll keep you update on the postgame show if you Dodger Talkie as well. It's Sunday Night Baseball next Dodgers and Braves from Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates has been Morogo Casino, Dodgers on deck. I'm the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network