Speaker 1: My Billy hunting him the Great America. Welcome this glorious Friday afternoon. The trist did a bit rainy, a bit drizzly. Hope for the weather, hold off tonight for the Luke Cone concert and so much more. But great time to be a Cincinnati, great time to be an American. And joining you and I now as Shari Polo, the main anchor despite the protestations of Mike Dartis at Channel five and Shari Pololo, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Shari, you did a story a couple of nights ago I found fascinating. It's just wonderful every time there was a horrible, disgusting event that takes place, littered afterwards are the courage and bravery of individual men or women That kind of gives you a hope that humanity will survive in the long term. The events and Florence, Kentucky Police Chief Jeff Mallory had the news conference and you did a great story on police Officer Tyler Jackson and the victims. We can't forget the victims. Delaney Ury nineteen years old, Hayden Ribickie twenty years old, just kids going to a birthday party, the brave, courageous mother who gave her life for her daughter, Melissa Parrett forty four and Shane Miller, twenty years old. It's almost been a month since it happened. I can't believe it's been so quickly. But you did a great story a couple of nights ago about this police officer that saved a young girl's life. Can you tell more about that to the American people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good afternoon, Willy. You know what, You're exactly right. And by the way, we should mention there were three other shooting victims. I believe two of the three have been released, but one I believe is still in the hospital. I mean, this is one of those shootings that just rocked this community. And a reporter, David Kershaw, was able to talk with this officer. This is Tyler Jackson. I mean, this is honestly such an unbelievable story because this guy's twenty six years old, he's only been a police officer for a couple of years, and even by the chiefs account, things like this don't happened in Florence, Kentucky. I used to live there. I lived right near this neighborhood. It's a beautiful, quiet, little community. Maybe Cincinnati police officers, you know, expect something more like this because they respond to shootings sadly almost day in and day out. But in Florence, Kentucky, they never expect something like this to happen. And they happened. This police officer and a few of the others, not all of them. This police officer happened to have this tool. It's called slats A and it was in his basically his medical bag. And if you will picture almost a syringe. It's filled with this kind of powdery substance that will solidify you shoot it into the wound, and it essentially plots bleeding. So typically what happens in a situation like this, and my understanding from talking with paramedics and emergency workers is that what will happen with so many of these shooting victims is within five minutes they'll bleed out. In this particular little girl, young girl I should say, Chloe, she was shot in the chest above the heart and she could have died had he not have had this tool.
Speaker 3: And what he did was.
Speaker 2: He, you know, he grabs it out of his medical bag, he shoots it in her chest, it's not the bleeding. He wasn't sure she was going to make it to the hospital. And he gets there and he's like, is she's still alive? Is she's still alive? And she was, and she survived because of this tool. In fact, the police chief saying that you know, they you know, he admitted that they have he believes, cutting edge training, cutting edge equipment in Florence, but that they don't have a ton of these syringes, if you will, for every police officer. They were able to get them through a grant, but now Florence Police they're going to try to come up with the money themselves to make sure they have more of them, because, as we you know, saw on July sixth, you never know when you're going to need something like that.
Speaker 1: In fact, I think it ought to be almost required, like a heart defibrillator. But nonetheless, the odds of this young officer having the wherewithal at that circumstance, and these cops aren't used to dealing with gunshot victims and to show up on the nine to one one calls. I'm glad you and Mike didn't play them a couple of nights ago or last night, because they're heartbreaking, but they're on the website.
Speaker 2: Really did you listen to that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I listened. After a while, I couldn't, so I.
Speaker 2: Had to turn it off. I'm going to be honest with you. First of all, I will say so many of the people who called in. I mean, these young people were trying so hard to stay calm. And you know, when you're at a party, how many of us know the exact address. When you're at a friend's house, you know, you don't know exactly where you are. And then on top of it, you've just been running out of a house because there's a gunman running through. I mean, those nine one one calls were horrific. I always say, no matter if fits a car crash, a shooting, a fire, it's always typically someone's worst moment when you're calling nine one one. Those dispatchers were so calm and trying to get information from these young people, but it was horrific. And then just think of these police officers and like I said this, Tyler Jackson, I mean, he was in the National Guard in twenty twenty, he trained to be a police officer tepper. Do you think you're going to be responding to a mass shooting a couple of years later and having to save a young teenager's life.
Speaker 1: It's heartbreaking, but I saw redemption and the behavior of Tyler Jackson saving Chloe's life, and the picture that you had of those two in the hospital, and I assume Chloe's going to have a full recovery, and that picture, I thought, that tells me that humanity can survive the absolute horror of the mass shooting. And we don't know why it happened at this point, the punk, the murderer snapped or did something. Do we know any thing about motive, much like the motive and the assassination at Temple Donald Trump, who knows?
Speaker 2: We don't know a lot of most well, it sounds, you know, by all indications from you know, people who we've been talking with, including you know, some of the victims who were at that party and friends of this young girl, Delaney, who died. She was nineteen years old. He had been this this gunman. She broke up with him. He was very upset. He apparently tried to get there was another party the night before and he wasn't allowed in. He had been kind of calling her. I guess friends were conserved and then he shows up at this party the next night again, another twenty first birthday party for this you know, poor kid and his mom's killed, his sisters shot, multiple friends are shot and killed. I mean, it was just such a horrific attack. And sadly, you know what the saddest part to me, WILLI is because these incidents happened so often across the country that were almost a little immune to it. I mean, here that happened on July sixth, that was only a couple of weeks ago. The next weekend, you know, former President Trump, there was the assassination attempt on him. The following weekend, President Biden withdrawals from the race. So it almost becomes old news because we've heard of these shootings so often across the country, and it's just it is honestly heart wrenching. I have teenagers, young twenty year old I cannot imagine them being at a party and being gunned down and running for their lives. One of the other nine one one calls was from a group of kids in a car who were running, who were in a car racing out of the party. They were so scared and they were calling nine one one and they thought he was choosing them, because remember that gunman fled the scene in a car. They thought he was chasing them, and he ends up luckily police caught up with him, and then he took it in in life. But it's honestly, you can't really wrap your mind around that kind of terror. And as a parent, I can't even imagine losing one of my kids because they went to a twenty first birthday party sick.
Speaker 1: And sad, and it happens there's going to be five hundred people shot in the city of Cincinnati. Just the other night, two people shot on Short Vine in Coryville, and I'm thinking, no, here, it's going to be It's been a long, hot summer. And I have great respect for police officers. How about first responders when their job is to go into an interstate highway and pride bodies out of cars. Their job is to go when someone's leg has been amputated. Their job is to go to a mass shooting and deal with a horror of the screaming, the hollering, the shouting that's going on. And it just seems, you know, the news is about bad events. It's hardly ever about good events. But to be more positive. I'm thinking the last couple of weekends, we like to always focus on the negative because that's what news is. We don't we can't come here, You can't be on the air and say, hey, things are great, not much to report on, but the positive things. You think of this toff happening last weekend and this week and you had the music festival, one hundred thousand people had the food fighters they want nuts. You had Luke Brian, Luke Combs tonight, you had all the festivals. You have the Reds are a town all weekend with the Giants. You got the Bengals as Jamar Chase. Is it a hold out or a hold in? You got Joe Burrow, you got to high school football about to start. I'm thinking, if you can't find something to do in Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky plus NKU. When I think of NKU, I think of you. Simone Biles is coming to NKU on November the second, and so the positive thing about it.
Speaker 2: I met her a couple of years ago at the Boys and Girls Club in Westchester, and she is, of course ay bitty. You know, I'm not even five feet tall, and I towered over her Wow. She is just such a she's such a little ball of and you know you're talking about positive things. Really, I got to tell you, I think one of the things. We had had a stretch here of some really tough news weeks. We came off of that mass shooting, and then of course we had the assassination tempt and as I said, then we had bid and stepping down and for our stepping out of the race, they should say. And you know, it was all consuming. We were all our team was called in even on the weekend, and then suddenly we get the Olympics, and I will tell you it has been such a breath of fresh air because we're finally able to smile and celebrate, and we've got some of these local athletes who are doing so great. Today at two forty, as you're around the television, if not, we'll replay it again on NBC tonight, our local kid, Carson Foster. He's going for his third Olympic medal. He already won bronze in the four hundred im. He won silver in the I believe it was the freestyle relay. Tonight or this afternoon at two forty, he's going for his third Olympic medal in the two hundred am. This is a kid, Willie, who grew up in Sickam. We went to Sycamore. His family lives in Montgomery now. He trained with the Mason Manna Rays. I mean, he just from the time he was a little kid, loved being in the water with uber competitive. His dad to this day filmed every single race he does because Carson's constantly trying to see can I make that turn better? What did I do wrong on that swim? You know, he was really hoping his brother Jake would be there with him. He didn't make it into the Olympics. He's instead starting medical school. But I mean, there have been so many great stories. I don't know if you followed it. I feel like anytime I walk into a restaurant this weekend that everybody has on the Olympics on NBC, you've had. Of course, there's a star power with the basketball team. You've got Lebron and these great few. They're playing pool play right now, but they should be advancing to the knockout round. Could take home a goal. The women's soccer team, with our very own rose level, they could take home another goal. You've got Katie Ledecky, who just yesterday became the most decorated women's swimmer in US history. I think she has thirteen medals. She's still got another shot for a fourteenth in the eight hundred freestyle. And then, as you were saying, really, Simon Files, I mean, she is absolutely unbelievable. Eight medals so far in three Olympics, and she's still not done with this Olympics. She has all of those individual competitions as well. So it's just nice to kind of start the news and actually be able to smile right out of the gate. It's tough instead of waiting until we get the weather.
Speaker 1: You know, A wise man once told me the world is filled with evil and darkness awaits at every turn, but never allow all that's wrong in this world to obscure your good eyes to what is right, what's going on, what is positive. And the problem in news today is that filled with bad news. It's hardly ever good news. And I didn't care much for the opening ceremony. I think most Americans didn't. But when I look in Bloomberg and other websites, the viewership of the Olympics has been off the charts. It's been positive, and after the original terrorism at the Olympics, and after the original shall we say blasphemy against against the Christ portraying him to be a drag queen lusting after Saint Peter, after those bad starts in the beginning, for the last week or ten days, it's been good to watch. And if you can't find something positive in the world to do, you're not looking because there's so many positive things happening. And I think I said this to you off the air that I like to think these are the golden times for TV and radio in Cincinnati, because I said to Todd Dykes the other day the four horsemen of the apocalypse when it comes to street reporting is John London and Brian Hemrick and Karen Johnson and Todd Dykes and Curtis Fullerd does a great job. And I don't see in ten or twenty years those individuals being around, because let's face a TV news is different, radio is different, The inquiry rent medium completely different. It's stupid to grow a tree for forty years, cut it down and mail the pulp and the create newspaper that that whole thing is going away. I don't know what the future holds none of us do. But at this point, when I go ahead, please, I know what.
Speaker 2: You're saying, and I agree that things have certainly changed. I mean I was one of those people who used to get my morning newspaper every morning. I love sitting and having coffees hurting my paper, and obviously we won't do that anymore. But I do really think that there will always be a need for local news. Now, will it be in the same capacity, will there be four stations, I don't know, but I do think this what we've seen over the last Like I said three weeks ago, our conversation started with this mass shooting. Floor its I mean, people still want to know what's going on in their community, good or bye. You still want information, so yes, their young people give it on their cell phones more often than not. But I do still think I love to turn on the TV in the morning and watch the Today Show or watch your favorite morning show because I still want to know what's going on around the country, right I still want to know what's happening internationally, and so I do think that there's always going to be local news channels. I just think it's going to be different. I think we'll be doing the same thing that you're seeing where we're streaming on certain platforms. And you know, we know now we are able to capture images off of WLWT dot com where we know how many people are logging in, viewing a certain story and reacting to certain stories. We know that when weather happens, everybody tunes in, right. You want to know if a tornado is sabatory towards your community. So I do think we'll be here, Willie. I know you're ready to retire, but I think you're going to be here longer than you think.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens this year and next. But the TikTok generation Schari Pololo is coming and about forty percent of young folks get their information and news from TikTok, and TikTok is going to grow, and that worries me.
Speaker 2: I think there's I have those TikTok news viewers in my house. Yeah, and I think I think I've shown them many times where they're getting, you know, misinformation, So hopefully they come around and realize, Okay, you know, look, And I also know that that sometimes there's a distress with journalism and with national news, and what I always try to say to people is, look, we do the I can. All I can tell you is in at the local level in our newsroom, and I believe in every newsroom in this city. We're just trying to do the right thing day in and day out. We're like every other company where you're trying to do more with less. I mean, we have more newscasts than we ever have before. And you know, you've got reporters who sometimes are run out and grabbing an interview with a cell phone if that's what it takes. In our newsroom, we are one for one reporter for photographer. But I still think that people crazy news and they're I'm gonna want information and we're gonna want to trust the people who give it to them.
Speaker 1: I pray that's the circumstance in the future. Shari Pololo, you're a great American. Have a great weekend. May God bless you and God bless America. Shari, thank you very much. By Willie, A good day, God bless America. Let's continue with more, Shari Plelo. Take Tanyo O'Rourke, take Tricia Mackie. Those are about the best in town, and they're all great Americans. My comments and you are next at your home of the reds Plain tonight against the Giants on news radio seven hundred w L. You know, it's always good to check in with Shari Plelo. What's going on, sadness and greatness. There's so many evil, wrong things occurring. Never obscure your eyes to what's going on. That's right. You might recall about four or five days ago, there was a terrible stabbing attack in Britain city called Southport on Monday, July the twenty ninth. There were three little girls there are ages between five and eight years old, that were slaughtered by a seventeen year old. Eight others were injured. There were many moms and dads who had sliced wounds as they tried to take the knife away from the assailant. Two adults that were presiding over the so called party of Taylor Swift also suffered serious injuries. Six remain in critical condition. They may not make it. And I thought, who, what in the world is going on when little girls having a tailor Swift party. I'm not sure what that is, but I can imagine they're all excited about Taylor Swift wearing their bracelets and having their dress and all that kind of stuff. The Madonna crowd of thirty years ago now the Taylor Swift crowd, and the name came out as an African Muslim immigrant and he's seventeen years old. Roda Kubana is from that's his last name. The first name is Axel and he's the one that did it. And after interrogation, he seems to say that he was saving the girls from the devil, the tailor Swift represents the devil, and that this Muslim from Africa thought the best way to free these girls from the sins and crimes of Taylor Swift was to kill them. And now those around Southport, England, or shall we say, more than outraged, and they're wondering what the hell's going on. And a lot of this has to do with London europe secularism. There's a strong Christian faith in America, but in England that's not the case. You've heard reporting early on about France used to be a great Catholic nation, It is not anymore. Notre Dame Cathedral is a tourist attraction, is not a church. And for the last fifteen or twenty years, UK opened up its borders and said come on in now. The number one most popular name birth name in England is Mohammed. Number two is Liam, and the Brits are angry at immigration levels that have occurred in many of their communities, and the immigration has been so rapid it's unsurvivable. Unsurvivable. In fact, there's parts now of England much like in Paris, where the police can't go. They have separate seery of courts to separate societies. No one is blending in in the melting Pot, oh separate in the part. But this mentally ill African Muslim ruthlessly murdered little girls who wanted to have a tailor swift party because it didn't fit his vision of God, and so he wanted to kill them, which is happening in parts of the Middle East. There's something sick about an aspect of Islam that says to survive, we must kill Jews and Americans and Christians wherever we can find them. Fortunately that part has not yet struck the United States of America, not yet, and I doubt it will. But large parts of the Middle East is filled with hate and disgust, and even now as I speak Palestinians and Gossans are paid ransoms and paid money if they kill Jews. The family's taken care of the whole system. There is filled with hatred for the jew and hatred for America, hatred for Christians, and large parts of that have come to America because of all open immigration policies. So many times we look around the world and say, I don't see too many Americans and Europeans saying, you know what, I kind of want to immigrate to the Middle East. I want to be a Syrian, I want to be a Lebanese. I want to go to Jordan, I want to go to Egypt. None of that happens. He goes in one direction, and one direction alone. That is to Western societies being ruined by massive immigration and to the United States of America being ruined by massive immigration. And likely it will continue on steroids if Kamala Harris wins because she believes in open borders, she supports sanctuary cities. Going back in time, you might recall there was a great man at Fox News called Charles Crowdhammer. Charles Crotha Hammer suffered the indignities of diving into a swimming pool when he was a teenage boy, and he snapped his neck and he was in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. But what a brilliant man. I had him on two or three times. I've had a son on Charles crown Head a book Things that Matter, Things that Matter, and it's hot to say that get out of your life things that are irrelevant and that clutter and that motivate your thinking and actions based upon issues that don't matter. And he talked about the identity to pursue the matters most important to you, align your dreams with your daily priorities, recognize how money and possessions can keep you from enjoying a full life. Went on and on. It's a great book still available. You ought to get it. And so there's so many things now in the media about the presidential race that fit exactly that Things that Matter and the Rock and I discussed this a couple of days ago. Do Americans vote on what they know? Hor do they vote on how they feel? You know, men are from Mars, women are from Venus, And most women will vote upon feelings and perceptiveness, and most men all will vaid upon policies and what they know. And God blessed the difference. Women have feelings for this stuff, and that's where we are. There are things that we know, then there's things that we feel. And Charles Crodhammer wrote about how the worst places to live for minorities are in liberal, wealthy enclaves such as Washington, DC, or New York City or San Francisco. While sending their kids to all segregated white schools that are private, they will insist that no one else can get school of vouchers because I pay to send my kid to Sidwell at forty thousand dollars a year, and I don't want to give you ten thousand dollars a year to send your kid to a private school. I want to keep you locked in the public school system. Their own neighborhoods. I live in a neighborhood that is thoroughly policed and safe. To hear a siren where I live is somewhat unusual. It kind of perk up and say, I wonder what's going on there? Shots being fired almost non existent, and zoning regulations make sure that there's no tenement housing cropping up in my neighborhood, and there's no oil or water pollution anywhere. Because we choose to live there, whatever description, whatever race or color or creed, you can afford to live in certain communities. That that's the reality. And if you live in Indian Hill, you know what I'm talking about. You live in Montgomery, absolutely, if you live in Taylor Miller, Independence, Kentucky, absolutely pretty nice place. You don't hear gunshots, don't hear it. And so you would think that when Liberals and Democrats vote in areas that don't have good public schools, that are thoroughly in cased in criminal activity, that there's housing tenements everywhere, and you can't take your kid on a stroll at night because of danger. You need locks and keys, and there's water and air pollution many urban areas, not in suburban areas, that those who are voting might say, you know what, we got to change course here. This isn't working for us. We voted a certain way for the last fifty or sixty or seventy years, and honestly, we can't take it anymore. About half of the population that are homeless in America live in the state of California. Fifty percent of the population is in California because of payment social services and acceptability and the climate tends to be pretty nice. So half the homeless in America live in a blue city and a blue enclave, encouraged by the politics there. In the New York City school system not much different than Cincinnati, among the most segregated in the country, because liberals want it that way, to have a large group of voters depending upon them for public assistance and for help. In Washington d C. Like in Cincinnati, black kids attend school with high poverty rates and score an average of five grades below on achievement tests. That means if you're in the ninth grade in CPS and Cincinnati, you score about the fourth grade level. And there's no flunking. Behaviors terrible in most of the schools. So there's a feeling that we know we ought to make changes, we know we can't continue to live like this. But that doesn't happen, does it? On a national level? When Joe when Donald Trump was invited to NABJ in the National Association of a Black Journalist, which organizes itself by racial principles, not racist principles, but racial principles. And there's a difference. I would assume you can't be white or a spanding can join the black journalists. Most of the professional societies, whether it's the medical or legal societies, have different groups of black participants who organize themselves separately as if they're victimized, and they're not so when it comes to matter of voting, When Donald Trump says Kamala Harris is not black or calls her a bum, that interrupts, that interferes and hurts the feelings of many Black Americans, giving them a reason not to vote for Donald Trump because their feelings have been hurt. Things that matter? Do your feelings matter more than Kamala Harris's policies In the media. I captured a few of the words expressed about her on the covers of magazines, etc. I see things like it's camelot, it's the Camelot excitement. Kamala Harris gets all the positive press one can imagine because she doesn't hang out anything to hang your hat on to criticize her. She's been out it now for about almost two weeks and guess what, no news conferences. She doesn't interact with the press. She would never go to the NRA convention or to the Right to Life convention and make a presentation as Donald Trump did because there might be a sound by going out of there, she done one. Well, Trump doesn't play that game. He goes into the hornet's nest and says things used by the radical left for days or weeks thereafter to paint him with a broad brush that is inaccurate. So things that matter, Charles Cronhammer, And let's say you're an occasional voter thinking things that matter. Does it matter that Kamala Harris is called a bum or not really a black person by Donald Trump? How does that affect your life and the way you conduct your own life? That really matters? If Donald Trump uses the word bum against Kamala Harris or saying she's not really black, does that really change your life at all? What does change your life? Are Kamala Harris's policies to defund the police? Now, does that affect your life? How about eighty percent tax rates by Kamala Harris she said that before? Does that affect your life? How about eliminating gasoline powered cars and trucks? Does that affect your life? How about open southern borders? Does that affect your life? As opposed to a word used by Donald Trump against Kamala Harris. How about freeing rioters from jail like in Minneapolis policies of Kamala Harris? Does that affect your life? How about illegal voting and decronalizing entry into the country. Her goal is to have illegals to vote. Would that affect your life? How about criminals voting from prison and deluding your ballot with that affects your life? How about gun buybacks mandatory by the government. Government says you must sell us your guns at a fixed price, whether you want it or not. Would that affect your life? Not having plastic straws? Will that affect your life? All these policies, letting transgeneral boys in the girls locker room are competing in the Olympics? Does that affect your life? Would reparations affect your life? Would so many of these issues he's in favor of of all of them affect your life right now? Affects your life as I speak. And what Donald Trump said affects your feelings. But does it affect your life? Absolutely not. And for groups like the NABJ concerned about race matter to exclude membership in their group based upon one's a signing of a racial category sounds rather racial to me if not racist. And so by saying that Donald Trump played the race card at the NABJ is kind of duplicitous because they play the race card all the time by refusing to admit to their group individuals of a different race. I thought that was racial discrimination. I guess it isn't. So in a sense does abortion, for example, how does abortion affect an unborn baby. It's not good. It's called death killing. And so all these issues line them up, from public education to public safety, to the cost of gasoline, to the invasion on the Southern border, all of that directly affects your life. You know in your brain that's bad. We have to stop that. Well, Kamala Harris is on the wrong side of almost all those issues. There's not some hard left, stupid theory that she has not embraced. She embraces at all because she's from San Francisco and to live there you have to be a hard left liberal. She is Bernie Sanders with lipstick, Bernie Sanders with lipstick, and the media is now fawning over Kamala Harris. So you don't focus your mind on what things that are truly important, things that matter. According to Charlie Crowdhammer, how your kid is raised? How much is public education? What happens when twenty five million legals go into the emergency room, what happens twenty five million in legals seek housing? What happens in twenty five million go to school? What happens to your children? Those are things that matter, and she's against us on all those issues. But especially if you're a female, your mind is fixed on emotion and feelings, not on policy. So when Trump says something inappropriate from your perspective, you'll hold that against him more than the policies of Kamala Harris. It's kam a lot, It's Kamma mania. And the media will not line up these twenty or thirty policies she's advocated that would hurt you and hurt your family and hurt your way of life. They want to talk about Donald Trump at the NABJ, or talk about Donald Trump when it comes to comments on the Southern border or Donald Trump's hair. Donald Trump wants to divide us by race, which is exactly what the Democrats have done from forty to fifty years. They add, subtract, multiply, and divide by race. Your mind tells you one thing, your feelings tell you quite another. Let's continue with more if onn ever becomes available, which it never does. Five point three seven four nine, seven thousand. Coming up later, we have on Leland Vetter. Coming up later, we have a representative of NewsBusters dot Org to talk about media coverage and how the media will not cover the facts and the policies of Kamala Harris. They want to talk about the feelings of Kamala Harris. And I'm looking at Fox News right now and is sick if Josh Shapiro could be denied a VP slot as a Democrat because he's a Jew, And so the left ring progressives are telling Kamala Harris, do not pick a Jew to be the vice president. Now, you would think that'd be a big issue, but it's a minor, irrelevant issue unless you follow the media as closely as I do, because most don't. Most Americans don't know that that the Democratic Party's policies have hurt, mortally wounded the black community for fifty or sixty years. But because the feelings being discussed and the imagery is bad for the Republicans and good for the Democrats, there's not a stepping back by many African American voters who should say, you know what, we can't live like this anymong look at the policies that are in effect that kept us in this situation, and New's advocating them. And too many Americans vote not on what they know, but how they feel about something, especially women. Let's continue with more if the line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Big stuff going on. Luke Combs in town and you have the Reds baseball tonight, many other events all at the home of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred Wow. Bill cunning into great American. Of course, NewsBusters is part of the Media Research Center that to monitors to mainstream media, so you don't have to. One of the great producers, of course is Curtis how Ca and Curtis welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And you know, one thing I've pointed out the other day is that somehow Donald Trump was willing to go into the hornet's nest of the National Association of Black Journalists NABJ and to answer questions that he knew was going to be tough, but you would never find on God's Green Earth Kamala Harris going to the NRA or to the Right to Life society, and politically, I'm not sure it helped to hurt, but it brought to me the point that I see many websites saying that Donald Trump played the race card, and I'm thinking, way a minute, Trump played the race card. The group he went to was the National Association of Black Journalists. I think that's playing the race card. And you have all these dei pronouncements of Joe Biden before the Vice president was selected, in which he was going to limit the selection to a black female. When it came time to go to the US Supreme Court appointment, he said, I'm going to appoint a black female. The liberals never apply the race card. But but when when conservatives pointed out they're playing the race card, can you explain that to the American people?
Speaker 5: Well, I had one better. I mean, this would be like Kamala Harris going to Seapack and and being like, oh, let's do this, you know, like, Oh no, that's that's really what we're dealing with. No, I mean, I think it's just remarkable what we're seeing. This is also the same side of the aisle that's organizing white dudes for Kamala, Like what you know, white dudes, white ladies aa hpi x y Z for Kamala.
Speaker 3: Uh the side of the aisle.
Speaker 5: That literally segregates its people based on their skin color for funzies. So the irony here is not lost on me. Yes, Trump was willing to answer the questions. You know, here's the other thing. Trump didn't just walk off. Could have walked off the stage, said you're very good to just spakeable, disgraceful, and just left, but he didn't actually do that. He actually let talk. He played with her water bottle when she wasn't looking, so that was kind of funny. But other than that, yeah, he took the questions. And what was interesting was on Thursday, Harris Falter responded on her Fox News show and basically said that this was not what she was, you know, told was how it was going to go. You know, she took the high road and would and criticized Rachel Scott or the girl from Semaphore, who basically was like, you know, asked Trump about you know, Senator Vance and oh, it seems like he's against people who were divorced and all sorts of crazy pronouncements, ridiculous, ridiculous smears. So you have to give him credit for going in there. This was very twenty sixteen Trump. I think that was the main thing I kept seeing on Wednesday when people would bring this up, is people would say, this is the twenty sixteen Trump. This is why people were on the Trump train to begin with. And also I think it was really just masterful because the liberal media were in perfect sync for well over a week, I think almost a week and a half talking about Senator Vance's comments that were totally coordinated with other liberal super PACs, you know, with the news media, to talk about what he thinks about liberals who don't have children. That had been a manufactured scandal, a manufactured news cycle, and now we're not talking about that anymore. So Donald Trump, when he does these sorts of things and makes these kinds of comments, that is one of those things where you're like, oh, here, this is what he does where he's thinking ten steps ahead, where sometimes he is playing four dimension chefs. Sometimes I don't think he is, but other times he is, because he's thinking one step ahead of how can I change the news cycle? And this is obviously accomplishing that for not just the ticket but or himself with the party, and.
Speaker 1: Curtis the other thing. Of course, of course, the vice president was selected because of a race and gender, just as Chief just this Jackson was selected because of her race and gender. In fact, they announced ahead of time. In fact, Joe Biden, with the deal with the South Carolina leader Cliburn, said, look, you're going to have to have a person of color to be the vice president, preferably a woman, so that Democrats practice DEI. In fact, the first day in office, I'm looking at Executive Executive Order five eighty seven, in which Joe Biden said on January the twentieth, in the afternoon of twenty twenty one, that DEI will be a guiding principle for the employment of all agencies under the control of the federal government Office of the President. And so they simply lay out the fact, we're going to select a person qualified or not, who's female and or black, or both, or perhaps gay, and that's how we're going to govern things. So when they're called on in that, they quickly reverse it and attack conservatives and media for saying that the Queen of Dei's Kamala Harris, when Joe Biden is the one to set it up that way, and the media plays it we're stupid. And when Biden said I'm going to select a black female to be a US Supreme Court justice, there was probably no more than ten or fifteen in the country who were Circuit Court of Appeals judges. He eliminated the thousand who didn't fit the racial category. And when called on it, they reverse it and say, you're playing the race card. No, we're not. You played the race card, and we're calling it what it is. You know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, right, I mean, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: They've telegraphed.
Speaker 5: They've been so open about it. It's not just one of those things where liberals just kind of behind closed doors choose to do this. They've literally been opened about it. Joe Biden was bullied into doing this, Okay, he said it during a debate with Bernie Sanders or or one of the other debates with Bernie when there were still other candies out there, forget when it was at that point. But he basically said he would do that.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 5: He said he would appoint a black Supreme Court justice. I believe his first or second Executive Order as President on January twenty, twenty twenty one, was talking about out the need to implement racial equity of all government agencies and make it the center of everything we do. There was the thing that the White House Press briefing on Wednesday with AG Secretary Vilsack talking about black farmers. My goodness, like they're so blatant about it, and they don't care that we know that they're so blatant about it because if we pointed out to them, which again is just basic facts, we're called racist.
Speaker 3: It's what how about.
Speaker 5: It's a remarkable turn of events, and I think American people though at the point Bill just seeing this for what it is, that this.
Speaker 3: Is just so ludicrous.
Speaker 5: This is so ludicrous that this is where we are.
Speaker 1: Another issue that media loves to talk about. You at NewsBusters have great columns on a headline. Media try to purge the record that Kamala Harris is Joe Biden's borders are, whether it's the view, the morning shows, Afternoon Evening, whatever it is, they say, she was never the borders are. Here's the headline out of the the ap Associated Press quote President Biden is putting Vice President Kamala Harris in charge of addressing the migrant search of the US border. Here's another headline out of CBS News, Biden puts Harris in charge of border crisis. Here's another one ABC News. President Biden has appointed Vice President Harris to solve the problems on the southern border. So I'm looking back to twenty twenty one, it looks to me as if possibly the vice president is in charge of solving the southern border. O contrere moone Freyer, we're misreading that completely. She was never in charge of the southern border, and we have the video of the proofsss to the opposite. Can you explain that to me?
Speaker 5: I mean the media, I mean they're always in the business of fulfilling whatever their party over lords want them to do, in carrying out all their relevant talking points. But this might just be the most shameless example I've seen in my decade covering the media.
Speaker 3: It's just straight.
Speaker 5: Up gas lighting. It's never been more blatant where you could clearly say here's the tape, here's the tape, we roll it our bill die A Gustino has been doing these super cuts for years now. This has to be one of his best. He does remarkable work and why people should support the MRC and NewsBusters because we make these videos. We have the video files going back decades to be able to show people these kinds of crazy things. And yes, you're right, you pick the network, CNN, ABC, CBS. We have people you know.
Speaker 3: On the networks before she before finding dropped out, after buying, dropped out.
Speaker 5: Just like in just a matter of hours and days, it completely changed from saying she's responsible to she's not being responsible. And yes, okay, she was specifically tasked.
Speaker 3: To deal with root costs.
Speaker 5: It's going to Centralica and you know, trying to incentivize these other countries to keep their people from leaving. Well, even if you just look at that, I think that is definitely kind of the mean reason why a lot of people come illegally to the United States. They know that Joe Biden will let them in and their countries are the certain word that President Trump used that got him in trouble a few years ago. People leave for a whole host of reasons, but they know they can get away with it. So, I mean, this is just absolutely remarkable stuff that we've just seen.
Speaker 1: Curtis, soaka, let me share it with two headlines in your column at NewsBusters dot org that this is from July twenty first, twenty twenty twenty four, about eight and nine days ten days ago. Quote Kamala Harris was never Biden's borders are. That's from the headline of CNN. So then you go back to June of twenty twenty one, CNN Senior national correspondent Ed Lavendero said the follow him quote. The Vice President is expected to be an Lpassa today in an hour and a half for her first visit into the US border region since she was appointed. The borders are by President Biden. So CNN says at the end of July, I guess what, she was never the czar. Then you have reporting from the border right saying she is the czar and so yeah, and those who pointed out are being racist. Can you smell when I'm cooking?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean this is the it's like roll the tape, you know, like, this.
Speaker 3: Is I just cannot believe they're doing this.
Speaker 5: And this is one of the things where they are so desperate to get Kamala Harrison the White House that they're willing to do this, that they're willing to debase themselves this to this degree. I just again, I'm speechless that they made it this easy for us, and they know that we've made it. They've made it so easy for us, but they don't care. This is what years of cultivation of relationships by the Harris team has resulted in. As peace and Semaphore last Weekend pointed this out that she has been hard at work after flaming out in the primary in twenty nineteen, she didn't even make it to the Hawkeye Hawk Eye. So she decided when she was vice president to invite reporters over to the Naval Observatory to wine and dine. Then this is very common in Washington, and now for these reporters, the bill has come due, and they're willing to make themselves look like complete idiots so that they can keep their party in power. It really is remarkable.
Speaker 1: Now, now here we go again at the NABJA, in which Donald Trump made the point that she spent much of her political career not identified as a black woman, but rather as the descendant of Jamaican Caribbean immigrants and also an Indian from the Great Nation of India. And she has in a sarng actually preparing Indian dishes with other Indians around her, and she's feeding Indian dishes. Shall we say, I don't like Indian I don't like Indian food. My wife and my son loves Indian food. I do not. But she kind of morphs. She's like a shape shifter. She goes from being a descendant of a Jamaican with European roots, she claims Caribbean ancestry, and then she moves to India from Southeast Asia. I'm from Southeast Asia. Then she claims her father, who is an African American from Jamaica through Europe, and that makes her black. And so she's a shape shifter and she is whatever she needs to be. And that's fine. I assume, Curtis Hawk, you and I understand. I don't care if you're black, white, Polka doad, Hispanic, whatever it is. Just do the job, have a good record. I don't care. But isn't it true that she's spent her political life representing San Francisco liberal values and for there's a record of twenty to thirty years long. She's about sixty years old. She's been so called in public service for the last thirty three years, holding many different jobs, whatever position or identity she had to take, that's what she did. And you're not necessarily black or white. Is the identity that you choose. I guess I could choose to become a left handed Jamaican golfer, and the fact that I claim to be and identify as a left hander, that makes me left handed. But isn't it true that it's there were a political benefit at this point to be an African American and other points that was better to be an Indian American, and other points that was going to be a Caribbean American. Whatever it is, Kamala Harris is a shape shifter that fashions her message based upon the identity politics she wants to exploit. Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 5: No, you're absolutely right. I can't wait for certain people to learn or be told on air that Kamala Harris isn't down with the struggle. In fact, her family was part of said struggle. Her ancestors in Jamaica own slaves. Okay, yeah, Kamala Harris would not be part of some sort of you know, reparations process. She's so willing to sell out for this reparations conversation. There's clothes that out of her out there during the last new cycle. I believe it was at the root to talk about this, that she would be willing to buy her own basic family history, willing to pay up for said reparations because she would not benefit from it, or if so, that would be the biggest case of welfare fraud in United States history.
Speaker 1: You bring it up quickly. But I remember now going back to twenty twenty, somebody went back in time with her four bearers, and her four bearers in Jamaica literally owned African American slaves. And at the point that came out, that was a news item that quickly arose, was used in a part to get her out of the race for twenty twenty president. But then she quickly identified as African American when her four bearers and her generations owned Africans. And why is that not a public issue today?
Speaker 5: Uh? Because it's not convenient because Donald Trump. That's why Donald Trump is now the issue that that that's that's why it's it's now all about uh defeating Donald Trump. They're willing to look past all of these things that they dug up during the primary to say no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, we got to look past this right now or put a pin in it. Uh, And then we got to move to this that they are so shameless that they're willing to ignore their own reporting. It goes back to the same thing that we were talking about with the borders are gas lighting. They're willing to look past their own reporting in order able to pedal a preferred narrative by their handlers in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: So we got two people.
Speaker 5: It's literally the easiest job. You wake up every day, you get talking points sent to you and a way you go. Unlike you know, when we're at service, we actually think for ourselves and we actually got to think about what we want to say.
Speaker 1: Think about this. Curtis Hawk of NewsBusters dot org. There's two people now running for the presidency, Kamala Harris and Donald Trump. Which families owned African slaves? Yeah, Tama Harris. Now, I can only imagine if someone had done work with Donald J. Trump's family from Fred Trump, etc. And if the Trump family had owned African slaves, that would be absolute a disqualifier. But when it's the family of Kamala Harris, the media will not report on it. She doesn't deny it. It's likely true, but it doesn't fit the media narrative. So let's move on. Curtis Hack, You're about the best of what you do. MRC NewsBusters dot Org. All the articles are up. The hypocrisy is too much to discuss. But once again, Curtis Hock, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. May God bless you and God bless America.
Speaker 5: Always a pleasure, gentlemen, always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Curtis Hack, Thank you very much. Let's continue with more. This came up four years ago. The family of Kamala Harris owned African slaves. Did you know that? Why go Cunningham the Great American Live at the home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: We all sing happy tunes. And when we all sing happy.
Speaker 7: Tones and sing Merry Christmas and wish each other merry Christmas, these children are not going to have a merry Christmas. How dare we speak merry Christmas? How dare we?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hell, hello, hello, quiet, and I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 6: We all sing happy tunes. And when we all sing happy.
Speaker 7: Tunes and sing Merry Christmas and wish each other Merry Christmas, these children are not going to have a merry Christmas. How dare we speak merry Christmas?
Speaker 1: How dare we Kamala Harris seg doesn't want you to have a merry Christmas. I'll tell you what. If you don't like Santa Claus, that's it. Leave you set it off their segment. If Trump loses to her, it's time to go to Madagascar. Somebody said, I read the other day, Willie if Cher says, share share you know Sonny and share share share. Yeah. Uh, she said. If Trump wins, she's leaving, I would open the door and let her go. I'd buy her I'll buy her a plane ticket. I don't know what I'm just telling you right now. By the way, we got a report out of Claremont County. Uh oh, now, ched chip Hart Chad Dorman, Uh huh, the murderous father of those three boys. Yeah, is set to plead guilty and death is off the table. Interesting, So write that down. This is from an unnamed source deep in Claremont County. How about that. Chad Dorman, the murderous father who should rot in hell for eternity, right, is set to plead guilty, death is off the table. May he spend the rest of his life in a in a prison cell with no visitors, no food, no water. Let him die a horrible death.
Speaker 8: Well he the stooge reporters of proud Service. Every local Tamestar heating and air conditioning dealers tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful northern Kentucky called tom Reckton Heating and air Conditioning at eight five nine two six point one eighty two sixty nine. You say you gotta have temestar because it's hot out there other than the hinges of hell.
Speaker 1: Yep. But if Khalid shak Muhammad doesn't get the death penalty for killing three thousand American that's the mastermind of nine to eleven. Right, why have a death penalty? Thank you? The reason you have a death penalty is for Chad Durman, but especially for Khalid shak Muhammad, correct who murdered three thousand Americans, and the Biden administration took that off the table getting.
Speaker 8: Three square meals a day in Guantnamo. Yeah, great, figures. Why have a death penalty anybody else?
Speaker 1: Like Russia? They just take you out and you know, out in the middle of nowhere somewhere ounce leg you don't come back high rate of speed in the back of your head.
Speaker 8: We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market. Will you for the finest meets? Trust the Lears Prime Market Full catering service Deluxe Delhi located in beautiful downtown Milford at Learsprime dot Com. Lear's Prime always a cut above. Now you got me all pissed off. Segment Olympic Update brought to you by Cincinnati Tax Tax Resolution and Toff Sheldon, Sycamore grand and Mason native Carson Foster is going for his third medal of the Paris Games today in the finals are the two hundred meters individual medley, isn't that's right?
Speaker 1: Around two forty is when he goes just an hour? That's correct. Let's see.
Speaker 8: Morocco defeats the United States four goals to nil and the men's soccer quarterfinals. That ends the Americans hope in that tournament. How's that possible? What they should have done is sent FC Cincinnati and Pat Noonan to the Olympics. Could have done better. Morocco, Morocco. I don't even know where that is, do you?
Speaker 1: I think it's in Northern Africa.
Speaker 8: Xander Shaffley, Tommy Fleetwood and Headeki Matsiyama Fleetwood Max are tied at tied at eleven under after two rounds of the golf competition.
Speaker 1: How many rounds are there? I think there's four? Isn't there tomorrow too? I guess?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: Let's see women's soccer tomorrow, USA and Rose level up against Japan in the quarterfinals. Men's basketball will go up against Puerto Rico and then that that finishes out pool play for the men. They're already into the quarterfinals. Is they're so good? What else is going on?
Speaker 1: And Kevin Durant played for the women's basketball team.
Speaker 8: I don't know they got women. They got men going up against women in boxing? What's next two of them? Can you imagine that a man box a woman? Go see identifies as a woman? Say I identify as a woman. Can I be a woman?
Speaker 1: I guess so you? I guess you can be anything these days, he says, identify. That's what Bamola Harris says, just identify. And she doesn't like Santa Claus. That's an American. Nobody says Merry Christmas anyway anymore? Right?
Speaker 8: The last time somebody what was the last time somebody said Merry Christmas to you about when you were eight, I say, Merry Christmas, said, you got me all pissed off again. Reds and Giants opened up a three game series tonight at the Big Ballpark, which is also Gay Louke Combe's concert number one tonight, So it's going to be packed and stacked along the Big River.
Speaker 1: You know, we have Combs is all over our family. My aunt took us in when on Hour of Me when I was twelve. Her name was and that Combs. Well, Brian Combs is a distant of Luke. Luke Combs. He's going to be in the front road tonight. And like Benson, my aunt's name was Dorothy Benson. Am I related to Benson? The plays for the Reds.
Speaker 8: Might be number thirty six, ' ten Sports Talk and the Ralph's American Girl Inside Pitch Kelsey Chevrolet Extrading Show.
Speaker 1: After the game.
Speaker 8: Literal League Great Lakes Regional on Sunday, Willie Hamilton Westside will take a take on a team either from Kentucky or Michigan.
Speaker 1: Would you agree that Kamala Harris is a political easy target, but the media will not know. How do you say to these two Americans? Quit saying Merry Christmas because it might offend someone. Think, well, that's Democrats if Trump can't beat her.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 8: Also back to baseball, Willie Frankie Montoss, Milwarmer Red will make his first start with the Brewers tonight.
Speaker 1: At Washington Milwaukee.
Speaker 8: Bengals Updated Service, A Good Spirits, Winding, Tobacco, and Party Town are twelve locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals held an early workout today. They just got done about fifty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: What about Jamar Chase?
Speaker 8: The team has, the team has tomorrow off workouts zoom Sunday.
Speaker 1: Is it a Jamar hold out? Yes? Is it a hold in? Now it is? Well, both tell me he is old in.
Speaker 8: He did not where, he did not work be on the He was not on the field today.
Speaker 1: So now it's a holdout. I don't know. Not a hold in is min I'm going to back down. I don't what you just say. Well, Mike Brown back down. No, because he got Jamar Chase two more years. He set out his senior year at l s U. Right, he'll sit out if well, then they got T Higgins and those other guys. Believe me, when when he sees that everybody else is getting the headlines in the spotlight. He'll come back or running. What if he misses the first couple of games, including them one at Kansas City. What do you say then, segment, Well, they'll go to Kansas City and beat him, Jamar Chase. Is it a holdout or hold in? You're saying now it's a holdout?
Speaker 8: Back to soccer, Willie FC Cincinnati winning last night and the opening around under the league's cup. So FCC is in around of thirty two Monday night. They're back in action against New York City FC.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? What cup? Are they in?
Speaker 3: Leagues?
Speaker 1: Is that the like the team itself, FC is.
Speaker 8: The MLS and this these teams from Mexico are like playing each other in like a mini tournament. There's nothing going on now because the Olympics. There's no there's no racing in it. During the Olympics, there's no MLS. Only thing's going on in the Olympics is baseball. And the NFL started last night. Of course, he only went to the third quarter and got rained out. Did you see the new can new kickoff rules?
Speaker 1: I saw it a little of it. Yeah, that's really stupid.
Speaker 8: It looks like now you're gonna have to get like Scotty Scheffler to kick for you, because you can't just boom it into the seats. You got to put it in a certain spot like a golfer. Why that's the rule. That's the XFL rules. Who would have thought that the National Football League.
Speaker 1: Would have taken a rule from the x FL. What does Mike Brown say about this? I bet your.
Speaker 8: Pete Rosella is is just going nuts in heaven.
Speaker 1: It's an odd looking lineup too.
Speaker 8: They yeah, they got one, so many guys on one line and then ten yards back there's another line, and then you have to put it in a certain area or it comes out to the fifty yard line or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's stupid. I wouldn't know if you know what it is. What does Troy Blackburn say? You know what it is?
Speaker 8: They want to They want to redo and revive the kickoff return because all these guys are booming booming him into the seats and a touchback.
Speaker 1: They want to see that.
Speaker 8: But if you're a kick returner on special teams, that's like, that's like that's like a.
Speaker 1: Against the US strike. You and the best darned coach in the world and the special teams is right here in the Queens City. I'm talking about the one and only Darren Simmons. Amen. What about Troy Blackburn? What about him? Well, he probably having probably having chase a little turtle souper right, he's probably having lunched it right now in the executive dining room down there and get he's probably getting ready for Luke Combs. Does Jamarrow chase not just in cousin of Brian Combe and my and that Combes. Are you going to the concert tonight? No? No, I might go to the Deer Park Fireman's Fun Festival. Oh that's right, Chamberlain with you're a good friend, the wild Man boy. I gave him a fifty dollars bill last year. He gave me changed for a five. Yeah.
Speaker 8: He did such a great job yesterday and promoting that, didn't He wonderful?
Speaker 1: Great guy? I know He've always tonight and tomorrow right at six Chamberlain Cunningham Park, will Chamberlain Park and Deer Parks I'll come.
Speaker 8: They named it after him and not you. She scored one hundred points in a game. I'm shocked. Oh, they want to name a ballfield after me. I'm holding out for a maybe two balls. So you're like Jamar Chase, you want the Bill Cunningham Deer Park baseball center. I want the baseball center. Well, you already got a street, two streets. Uh, the boulevard leading into the school. It's that the football stadium. Now you want the baseball field.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's it's different than what about basketball? They've already got everything hanging up. Oh but sag except your number ten jersey that you wore. What you want one that when the park won the title? The guys on TVs and who is that old man on getting cutting down the down the net? Would I cut him all down? To idea? Who you were? You refuse to answer the question. What? Well, Mike Brown back down at Lamar Chase. No, does he know who he's dealing with here? I have done know who he's dealing with.
Speaker 8: I think Jamar ought to go and tell go to ex Bengals and say, how's this work go?
Speaker 1: How the hold out did that go? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Mike Brown, either that either you back you back down, or you're going to another town.
Speaker 1: I just made that up. That's not bad. It's not bad. Segment You're either back down or you're going to another town. We Leland Vitter coming up from News Nation. You'll end up with the Washington commanders and hate life like the wild Man Hates Life segment. Get me out of the Students Report, please.
Speaker 8: Willie, And honor of another hot day in the tri State and action all over the place this weekend.
Speaker 1: Well by Downtown Down, Mike Brown, back down.
Speaker 8: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 4: Now, if we started beating her in the polls by ten or fifteen points, are they going to bring.
Speaker 1: In a third Ken Today?
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, Trump is killing this guy all right, out, let's bring in a new one out out. I hope maybe at some point they get one, right, but.
Speaker 1: I hope that's the case.
Speaker 8: And also today, Willie, I just saw on X the President Trump back to back eagles on his golf course today.
Speaker 1: What correct horror fours? Back to back eagles? What on par fours? There's rumors he's going to drop the nomination and go pro. We're in trouble saying we coma media has struck. Well, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. He could just go golfing all on News Radio seven hundred WLVERA Bill Cunningham, the Great American. Of course, Leland Bitter frequent guests of the Bill Cunningham Shows, one of the main anchors, commentators, etc. Of News Nation Monday through Friday, and talked with politics and so many other issues. And Leland Bitter, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, are you somewhat amazed over the past ten days to two weeks the rise of Kamala Harris. In fact, she's given no news conferences. I'm not sure she could defend her liberal record to a Midwestern audience. But if somebody had told you two weeks ago that the Democratic nominee is going to be at or past Donald Trump, would you have believed that. What's happened.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to say we predicted it, but but the meteoric rise is because of the turning into the first living saint in history. Right, So there has been a coronation. There was a coronation of her as the nominee, and then there was quickly identification of her as the savior politician. And you rightly point out she has given no news conferences. She is becoming effectively, if you listen to her stump speech is she's tried to walk back a lot of her positions, whether it be on healthcare or the border, or crime or whatever it is. She's becoming an empty vessel in the same way that Joe Biden was in twenty twenty. It's a it's a non COVID version of the basement strategy, which is to allow people to graph fond to her whatever feelings they have that are anything but Donald Trump. And to be fair, we said for a long time leading up to this that whichever party replaced the unpopular I met unfavorability candidate that was at the top of their ticket, that'd be neither Biden or Trump. Whichever party did that was going to get a huge advantage.
Speaker 1: And in Kamala Harris's case, I've heard some of the commentators on News Nation and elsewhere and elsewhere said, well, this is a honeymoon phase, and this is a sugar high, and what's going to happen come end of October, first week in November. It's going to be different. And I say, o contrere mon frere, which is an Olympic reference, I would say not necessarily because I watched Joe Biden for a long time, hide out in his basement, not conduct interviews, not campaign at all, Ridolf a few teleprompters. He got eighty one million votes and Trumpster got seventy four million, and it's about seventy thousand vot This was the real difference in the five or six states and he won. So, Kamala Harris will not be required by the so called mainstream me to sit down for an interview with you or any of the other cable news giants, because it's not in her interest to do so. And if Trump or someone like that had not given any interviews for like fourteen days, and by the time at the end of the convention rolls around is going to be almost thirty days, there'd be a countdown clock. CNN, MSNBC, maybe News Nation, Fox would have a countdown clock. This is how long the Republican has not sat down for a broadcast interview. But in her case, well, to be.
Speaker 3: Fair, we've talked about it on the show almost every night. What day it is that she has not given an interview or have, forget an interview, had a meaningful interaction with the press. And when you talk to her supporters. They give you varying answers for that. None of them answered the key question, which is what is she afraid of? Uh? We saw and I don't know if you've played this clip for your listeners yet, but last night when she was on the tarmac and Andrews, she had to give unscripted remarks and when the when the hostages came home and and all of a sudden, the woman who I think any fair arbiter of political skill would have to say in political acumen has gotten a lot better on the teleprompter, which she has was right back to the circular word salads of Kamala Harris's past. That was last That was on what would be Thursday night into Friday morning. So I think you you you've hit the nail on the head, which is once she has been deified, then she becomes untouchable.
Speaker 1: And at this point she is and I can't conceive. I look for the next week getting ready and the next few days we're going to have the the UH and I want to talk with you about this. The Democratic VP nominee on paper, I said, it's going to be Mark Kelly, Senator Arizona or Josh Shapiro. Those are the two. And I'm watching on many cable channels how the radical left does not want Josh Shapiro because he's a Jew. And I'm watching these emails and these texts and these TikTok videos about he's a Jew, support of Israel, and to me, being a Jew is a positive thing. I practiced law in a Jewish law firm for twenty years. They certainly broadened my experiences. I went to Israel, as you know last year. I love going there. I have great respect for the Jewish people. My boss is a Jewish carpenter, and I have great respect. But there's an element. Maybe it's the AOC element, maybe it's the it's the extreme element of the Democrat party that want to hold his faith against him because he's going to hurt him in Michigan. Are you offended by the fact that we have a religious test by Democrat leftists they don't want Shapiro because he's a Jew.
Speaker 3: Well, I live in watching DC, it takes an awful lot to get me offended. I what I will say is I think it is quite interesting and to be I think fair and give credit where credit is due. Adam Schiff and Moskowitz, the congressman. I believe Florida called out their own party on this and they said, the Progressives say they don't want a Jew, say it out loud. Number one and number two. To your point, can you imagine if this was a different minority that the Democrats were discriminated against. Somehow, discriminating against Jews is the only one that is okay. I think this will tell us a lot about where Kamala Harris's head is. Kamala Harris is a political operator. We know that it does not appear as though she has any true norse. She seems to have some deeply progressive personal views, but appears willing to vacillate on the issues as she sees it and sees an opportunity. Why she ran to the left in twenty twenty when she had her own presidential campaign. Now she's trying to run to the center in a general election campaign. I think if she gets Josh Shapiro will tell us an off a lot, and she doesn't pick Josh Shapiro, it will tell us an awful lot both ways. So in a way of being president about leadership, this we will get a real sense of her leadership.
Speaker 1: She has props with the radical left in her party. She came out of San Francisco. You know, on paper, if somebody would say to Leland Viverd we without a name or a gender, we have a candidate who's been a city prosecutor, who's been a county prosecutor, who's been an attorney general, who's been a United States Senator, and who's been a Vice president. You would say, without reference to party, gender, or race, that's a qualified person. So that that's true. On the other hand, if I would say to Leland Viveritter, there's a candidate without reference, agenda, or race, who most of her life opposed fracking, supported the Green New Deal, defunded the police and private health insurance, transgenders in locker rooms in high school, having the government pay for gender reassignment surgery in California state prisons, to calls for an eighty percent tax rate, wants to eliminate automobiles that are not EV's, wants an open southern border. She wants illegals voting, she wants criminals to vote from prisons, you would say, basically that person is unelectable. So on one hand, you have the Democrats see this extremely on paper qualified candidate. But on the other side, her policies over the last really thirty years of her life have been on the far left wing the Democratic Party. So our average voter is going to focus on all these qualifications job wise, or they're going to focus on her policies, which is to the left of Bernie Sanders. And I've said Leland Villert, she's like Bernie Sanders with lipstick and high heels. And the American people would say, we don't want that, and so which chosen which is it?
Speaker 3: Well, Sarah Palin got an awful lot of lasses line just like that in two thousand and eight, yes, and and it did not work out so well for her or Republicans. And I would warn Republicans that they have a candidate who is now historically unpopular. It was that Joe Biden was historically unpopular. Now they have the historically unpopular and older candidate who is prone to say things that, shall we say, get coverage for the wrong reasons or no, or get or get a lot of coverage that is all negative. Joe Biden and you know, in the past couple of months said a lot of things. They got them a lot of negative coverage, and Donald Trump is now saying things they get him a lot of negative coverage. The American people are looking, you know, and told us over and over again, are looking for something different. And what Kamala Harris is providing with the help of the media, no question about it, is something different. And there's a lot of people who are quite excited about that. And I think any fair look at this has to include did Republicans pick Donald Trump knowing that he was historically unpopular with moderates and independence and then Donald Trump two weeks ago. I don't think we talked. When I was at the conventions, kick jd Vance could have pick Nikki Haley, could have picked Marco Rubio, could have picked Doug Bergham, and didn't kick jd Vance doubled down, and there was an awful lot of people at the convention scratching their heads, going, what in the world does he add? And now there's an awful lot of people scratching their heads going, oh, what in the world did he do? And these are Republicans that I'm talking.
Speaker 1: To Leyland Vetter, and I for disclosure, I've been friends with jd Vance for a long time, have dinner with him. Met him eight years ago a little bit of the story in Butler County, Ohio, which is the county directly north of Hamilton County, and that Butler County GOP wanted to have him to be their Lincoln Day Reagan Day speaker. About eight years ago was twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, and he said to the organizers of that, can you get Cunningham to come? He and I can bat around my book. He'll billy elergy. I said, I'm not good at public speaking, and I don't want to like speak, I said, And I thought, I said, okay, I don't know the guy. I said, I'll go meet with him. And we sat up there with one of the three hundred people. I had the book. I read it one over a chapter and it was a good presentation, and he thanked me. And since then we struck up a friendship and I liked the guy a lot. He was largely unknown on the national scene, believe it or not. Kamala Harris was also until the last two weeks unknown on the national scene. News nations sent out reporters to people to say, Hey, Kamala Harris, what has she done right? Give me one thing. In the end, it's a blank stare. So when JD was announced, they sent planeloads and bus loads of reporters all over parts of his life to find a text made or and email he had with somebody when they were at Yale Law School twenty years ago that was negative, and they reported the negative stuff. The life story of JD. Vance is the American dream, the American success story. Kamala Harris, on the other hand, led a middle class lifestyle. She at one point claimed to be an Indian American and then, of course a Caribbean American.
Speaker 3: Bill. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that facts matter, well, well they should.
Speaker 1: I want each candidate to be scrutinized by the media by the standards of Sarah Palin and JD. E. Vance. But that doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: What can you just can you just imagine, Well, look all we didn't get to the National Association of Black Journalists, But can you just imagine for a second, Okay, if a white journalist had gone after and frankly, I thought it was it was rude, and I thought it was inappropriate. The way the reporter Richard Scott ABC, Rachel Scott went after went after Donald Trump, just just in terms of decorum, because the presidential nominee, this is a former president. There's you can ask tough questions, but you can do so respectfully. You can follow up, you can do so respectfully. You know she was she was there to make a point. You and I both done interviews to make points. You know what it's like. So that's what was happening. Can you imagine if a white reporter, a white male reporter, did that Tamala.
Speaker 1: Harris, Well, the section, the gender the reporter would be the main story, not the question was asking such a way that couldn't be answered. And if he was said, Rachaw'll tell you what. I'm here to talk about the policies I've had that positively impact the black community when I was in office, talk about HBCUs, talk about enterprise zones, talk about appointments. He didn't do that. They set out debait and he lashed on to it like a tuna and ran with it. And I could not conceive of Kamala Harris ever going to an NRA meeting or Right to Life society and sitting there. She wouldn't put herself there because maybe she's better politically, but that Donald likes going into nasty environments and interchanging in fisticuffs, which results in the occasional low information voter to think about feelings more than facts. So when you say to me, well, Billy, you're constrained by the facts, yes, and the feelings about this. Many women especially, you know, most women are like some men, who care about the feelings and the presentation and the gender and the race, not the facts. If I line up the facts of what she said in the past, she's unelectable. But we're not going to get to the facts because because Donald Trump went to the NABJ and that reaction is all that matters, not facts. I care about facts. I think you care about facts. Many care about feelings. And that's why Donald Trump might lose, is that he doesn't play to the crowd that demands a little bit of feelings and touch and feel and respect. Remember Bill Clinton could feel your pain. He understood you completely. You'll never get that from Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Well, look, Donald Trump sells himself as the master of the art of the deal and the master and the understanding of the media. And we'll see. You know, I'm old enough to remember twenty sixteen when there was a moment after the Access Hollywood take to grab her by the pe cape and guess what everybody said, Oh is it can't recover? On and on, and he did and he won. So we've got a long time between now and November. Things change, Okay, I would return. I make no casillist versions on JD. Vans as a person, and you said he's the epitomed the American dreams. Great, Okay, Now, whether that makes you qualified to be president of the United States?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Which is the job of vice presidents to be ready to be president? And whether he can connect with American people and convince them of that, and whether he as a both in terms of policy and in terms of that ability, is able to connect with the people that Donald Trump can't to win two hundred and seventy electoral votes. Those are two very different conversations.
Speaker 1: And the other issue is I look at nineteen eighty eight when Bush forty one picked a person, Dan Quail of Indiana, that the media pummeled, and Bush forty one still won easily over Michael Dukakis, who who was behind fifteen points in the polls, came back and beat him. VP's honest don't matter. The only time it might have mattered was nineteen sixty when LBJ brought Texas to Kennedy. That might have mattered. But other than that, But JD Advance is the real deal.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, I'm gonna disagree with it. I'm going to disagree with you on when weather VP matters. I'll give you two other points that it matters. One it mattered in two thousand and eight, there were a lot of people who were uncomfortable with the idea of Sarah Palin being one heartbeat away from the presidency when it was a very old heart in John McCain and I would argue that now, especially given Trump stage, Biden dropping out, and the assassination attempt on Donald Trump, the public's focus on the concept of the VP. Am I comfortable with this person? He has changed? And look, you know, we can talk about how many you know, millions of votes, tens of millions, hundreds of millions of votes will be cast. That's all true. As you pointed out, we're talking about one hundred thousand to two hundred thousand votes that's going to decide this, right, right, Okay, So what you really have to think about what are you going to make those people on the margins, those hundred thousand people who are cruelly on the margins, make their decisions, and I think it is it's perfectly acceptable, but it is somewhat naive to assume that they make the decisions, their decisions on the same points and give the same weight to things that people who are diehard supporters of either candidate do.
Speaker 1: Anything could affect it, and maybe the event to determine this election has not happened yet, something could happen the rest of this month or September October that everything we talked about means nothing, and something's going to occur of such a quality, whether it's a terroristy doctor, God forbids, some other nasty bomb goes off somewhere and all of a sudden, everything we've discussed means nothing. In America may want a tough guy instead of Kamala Harris. On the other hand, we don't know.
Speaker 3: What about a couple what about another couple of nasty jobs reports?
Speaker 1: That's the markets and meltdown. That's a bad thing too, that's not And Kamala Harris owns everything in the Biden administration, plus her her background her policy backgrounds is far left wing, and maybe that's another issue. So all right, Leland, we got to run. I'm gonna give you one more thing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you one more thing for your listeners to listen to. Listen to Pamalin Harris's stump speech. Listen to the whole thing. We're fair our news nation. We broadcast rallies from both sides. Notice the one thing she doesn't say in her stump speech. You know what that is?
Speaker 1: Immigration Joe Biden. Yeah, she's separating, not last night, but she's separating from Joe Biden because he's so unpopular. And last night was that was bad. I mean to look at Joe Biden a like eleven thirty or midnight, that's bad. And that's a phone calls, that was. And if he steps down, she becomes the president acting president. Now we've got a whole new set of things and we'll see what well. Leland Vender, thanks for keeping the lines of communication open. Good luck to you and have a great weekend. Thank you, Thank you, my friend, God bless you. Let's continue with more your reaction five one, three, seven, four, nine seven thousand. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred wlb.
Speaker 7: Donald Trump, on the other hand, has been talking a big.
Speaker 2: Game about securing.
Speaker 7: Our border, but he does not walk the walk.
Speaker 1: Or, as my friend.
Speaker 9: Quevo would say, he does not walk it like he.
Speaker 2: Talks to.
Speaker 5: Hell.
Speaker 1: Hell, Hello bye, I'm broadcasting god rog news comes out about UK and I'm not talking about England. I'm talking about the Wildcats, some of their players and jobs that didn't show up in order to get paid, and they simply got paid.
Speaker 8: People around here are the sneakies.
Speaker 1: Sounds like iHeartMedia salespersonnel. That's what they're called jobs. Do we know, well the hospital they were working in a hospital. I got it right here, Rocks. That's never happened.
Speaker 8: Football violations resulted in eleven Kentucky football players being paid for work not performed at the UK hospital between spring of twenty twenty one in March of twenty twenty two that they got to vacate all ten wins for the twenty twenty one season, including the Citrus Bowl over Iowa, and also go on a two year probation.
Speaker 1: So here's my question.
Speaker 9: In the day and age of the of nil, a lot of the house works, the business will be like, hey, Willie Cunningham. We're gonna pay you one hundred thousand dollars this year, but you must show up to two of our events and you got to make one Twitter post a week. Yes.
Speaker 1: How many times do you think that agreement is fulfilled? Rarely? Rarely, if ever?
Speaker 9: And it's I mean that should be the same thing, right, he didn't.
Speaker 1: Faciliar They played football, they won, They probably got more money in NIDL than has nothing to do with football, nothing to show up at a hospital job forwards. So we're gonna punish everyone else who played by the rules to get out these ten kids that didn't. That makes sense.
Speaker 9: This is why the NCAA is in knowing respects. We seemingly do the wrong thing every.
Speaker 1: Time they know they were still in business. Are they still in business?
Speaker 9: I mean in UK and everybody's just be like, who are you? We don't even pay attention to you anyway?
Speaker 1: Does the SEC pay attention? They would never do this to Alabama or Georgia? Would they be UK? The price offer them up like this sacrificial lamb. It's a freebie or rock. I'm all angry because I say to you off the air, are angry? I'm getting it. I'm a little more hopeful than yesterday. Yes, because feelings matter. They trump facts. You understand that reality.
Speaker 9: This is what I've been saying for a long time. Feelings matter, Feelings matter more than policies. But I was thinking the other day that Trump can't win. Now I'm saying Trump can't lose if he loses to her. When she's against Christmas, I'm thinking, are you kidding me? How do you campaign against Christmas?
Speaker 1: Question? Is it was there one hundred days? More or less.
Speaker 6: We all sing happy tunes. And when we all sing happy tunes and sing.
Speaker 7: Merry Christmas and wish each other Merry Christmas, these children are not gonna have them merry Christmas. How dare we speak merry Christmas? How dare we?
Speaker 1: The trick's gonna be getting her out of the basement.
Speaker 9: They they proved in the last election they can win the presidency by keeping the actual candidate in the basement.
Speaker 1: Get her out there to say, we're going to have comprehensive background checks. We're gonna close the gun show loophole.
Speaker 8: We're gonna close the online local, close the Charleston local.
Speaker 1: Close your mouth, that's what you close your mouth? So mean standing up to the.
Speaker 8: Gun Lobbybby, close your mouth, that's what you get her out of the basement and get her own record and get her off the teleprompter.
Speaker 9: Will some journalists out there that she can't put three purgeon thoughts together?
Speaker 1: Last, No, I'm sure you were sleeping about midnight. The words Sally came out of her mouth again. I saw it. And Joe Biden went onto the wrong plane to welcome the hospital and he was getting swapped in the in the prison.
Speaker 8: Is that what's going He thought he was the twenty fifth guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and he may not complete the presidency, which worries me even more. Kamalo will make a worldwide address behind the resolute desk, then what happened?
Speaker 10: This is just an extraordinary testament the president who understands the power of diplomacy and understands the strength that rests in understanding the significance of diplomacy and strengthening alliances.
Speaker 7: This is an incredible day.
Speaker 1: See here's here's my thought. I think it's gonna come.
Speaker 9: Four years ago, Elon Musk was not in control of Twitter, right, Okay, things were able to be censor. Since he has been put back in charge, stuff is allowed to get out there. So there is millions of sound bites of her saying stuff like that, to the point where you can't ignore the woman is not bright and there's no accomplishments to line up with that.
Speaker 1: She flunked the bar exam and she hates Christmas. What else can you say?
Speaker 8: Well, elon musk that that that guy down in Venezuela wants to fight him.
Speaker 9: Maybe they're trying to see if they if they fight him, if they can make themselves as unlikable as possible yet still win. Maybe that's the game. Maybe there's like a side bet. Okay, Yeah, I worry.
Speaker 1: I worry because the Trumpster keeps giving him target rich environments when you shut the hell up.
Speaker 9: Yes, but but the guy's gotta be perfect. He's got to be perfect in everything, which no one is. The guy is on the money most of the time. Of course, he's gonna the rules are different and the rules change.
Speaker 1: He talks to everybody all the time, all the time. The black journal wants to go talk to him. He ask me any questions you want. She has not answered any questions none. If this was a trump they'd have a countdown saying he's not being no interviews for the past fourteen days and it will continue. But she's gonna announce Shapiro probably today, Tomorrow, Monday. That's going to carry you a week. Then go to Chicago sick question away from the media, and then they're going to campaign on teleprompter for two weeks after that. Then the Labor Day is gonna come. Then the teleprompter really begins, and it may not be a debate. She'd be wise if she's up not to debate Donald Trump, or.
Speaker 9: She'd be wise in my opinion, I said the other day that's the election is going to hand upon that.
Speaker 1: Everyone's going to pay attention after the debate. There's nothing else. I mean, she'll give no more interviews and Comma may Mania will go nuts. These are the the age of Kamala Kamala Camelot. It's all in the media is just begging her to say nothing and just leave us alone, and we will.
Speaker 9: The day she's declared president, does you call me yes? Skyrocket or crash?
Speaker 1: Crash? So are how are people happy about that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 9: I guarantee if Donald Trump's elected president, Economy, the socomart.
Speaker 1: Day, the roof so so explain that segment. Can you explain that no, give me some sports then, and do your duty as God gives you the light to see that duty.
Speaker 8: Willia the Istute Reporters the proud service of your local tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers Tamestar Quality. You can feel a beautiful Western Hills called Durbin Heating and Cooling at five one, three, five nine, eight eighty four forty nine or go to Durbin Heating and.
Speaker 1: Cooling dot com. There you got it.
Speaker 8: Olympic Update brought to you by a Cincinnati tax resolution powered by Toach Sheldon.
Speaker 1: Uh. They're still waiting.
Speaker 8: We are still awaiting the action with mister Carson Foster going for his third medal of the games in the two hundred meters individual medley final.
Speaker 1: The game.
Speaker 8: Uh, the team USA has taken the silver. In the equestrian jumping team.
Speaker 1: Morocco defeats the USA.
Speaker 8: They have horses that jump their fifth medal in the last six games.
Speaker 1: That don't be knocking it? What do they do? They jump?
Speaker 8: Equestrian Jumping team never heard of?
Speaker 1: You got to get out more.
Speaker 2: Do that.
Speaker 8: Morocco routes the United States four games to nil, and the men's soccer quarter finals four Zip Morocco. They need to put FC Cincinnati in that group they bring in the gold medal.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't need Morocco's gone. I looked it up. They have twelve million people. We have three hundred and fifty million, and we lose. We get shut out for Zip.
Speaker 8: Red's update Redell Giants tonight, first of a three game sets six ten Sports Talk, Ralph's American Grill, Inside Pitch and Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Ding Show after the game, and then Bengals Update service A Good Spirits Winding Tobacco and Party Town in Northern Kentucky. Bengals worked out early. Rocky were with the pebbles. All the pebbles are there?
Speaker 1: What about Chase? You talk to Lake?
Speaker 9: Little son Bronson was in basic tears because Jamar Chase was not practicing, as we told him a hundred times.
Speaker 1: But he's not gonna practice.
Speaker 9: He's probably gonna be out there, but he's not gonna practice, and he's very likely not going to sign your football that you've brought and stayed up all night wishing he would sign.
Speaker 1: Is he holding out or holding in? He's he's staging a hold in, hold in, Well, Mike Brown back down? Does Mike Brown back down? I'm gonna bet no movable movable object. Mike Brown doesn't back town, and he'll you'll find another town.
Speaker 9: By the way, I want to thank free agent linebacker for the Bengals, Mama Jung Meta. Okay, it's from Wisconsin. He came over and signed the boys some autographs after practice, but didn't have to was in the area, just came over.
Speaker 1: So the boymans are rooting.
Speaker 9: I went to Wisconsin where he was coached by Luke Figgle, and also saw Sam Hubbard, who's the best in the world.
Speaker 1: Love Sam Hubber like he's also not practicing, but he's can. They didn't try to. They didn't try to say, hey, we need.
Speaker 8: A tight end the linebackers.
Speaker 9: Great, sign it right there on the spot. Right Maybe Now with the new kickoff rules, I could run down on a kick. I would have to run like fifty yards.
Speaker 1: I could run. Well, you understand the new rules. I understand that. Kidding. I think it's going to work out. Okay, I think people are figuring it out.
Speaker 9: Look, it was either that or the play totally goes away and they just spot the ball. In the on the thirty or thirty five yard line. At least we get to play. I think there'll there'll be some creativity to it once people kind of figure out how it works.
Speaker 1: How does it work?
Speaker 9: Well, you're getting the kickoff okay, without having the long running area, so that the collisions are a little bit less.
Speaker 1: Do you kick the ball? Where do you kick the ball with? You got to kick the ball.
Speaker 9: Into the landing zone, and if it goes into the end zone, it comes out to the thirty.
Speaker 1: You have to land it between twenty and the goal right right if a golfer, if it.
Speaker 9: Goes in the end zone comes out to thirty. If it lands short of the twenty, it goes out to the forty.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. No, that's the XFL for you. What about someone catching the kick off and running it back for a touchdown? Is that's encouraged? Yes, possible.
Speaker 9: You got to catch it within the landing zone, which is from the zero to the twenty. But if you're in the landing zone, the ball goes into the end zone. If you catch it, you can run it out. But if it goes in the end zone untouched, the ball goes out to the thirty. It's sort of that that goes to the forty. Yeah, you got that.
Speaker 1: Rules? What about that? What about by the way, the the on side kick has been eliminated.
Speaker 9: Well, you can only do the on side kick in the fourth quarter. You have to be from behind and you have to announce you're doing it. Oh, that's good, So you know the days of their surprise on because you can't mechanically, it don't work.
Speaker 8: So pitchers in the big leagues will now say, hey, here comes a fastball.
Speaker 1: Right, here comes a slider, Harriet, curveball's coming right at you. Here you go. Great. I didn't think the XFL was any good. Anyway, we're acking some of those rules and applying it to Moneymack. The Moneymack can hit like a chip shot between the ten and the twenty. Right, he's got to be Scottie Scheffler now doing pretty well. I just want to wonder what it does for for a roster.
Speaker 9: Does it make you keep you know, less linebackers and safeties on your rosters?
Speaker 1: Is it naked?
Speaker 9: Can you have a Thank god, can you find like a linebacker or a safety?
Speaker 1: You can you can at.
Speaker 9: Least just boot the ball into the you know, into the landing zone then you you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe you don't need Moneymack is what you're saying, Well you need to kick field goals. Maybe that's important. R Yeah, that still works, but maybe he don't have to do the kickoffs. Bluke Combs out there agather today. I don't know, didn't see him and it looks like a farmer, but I like his music and think he's Okay, Yeah, you're gonna sell out.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of people down there, man. Bengals fever is big right now. We shove there forty five minutes before the gates open and we were about eight hundredth in line.
Speaker 1: Serious, how about this Bengal's probably this reds play pay Court packed and I would assume festivals all over the Tristley. Oh he got get a festa across the river, right Gary, Jeff Walker, the Infest, the wild Man's at and that start tonight or that's tonight. I'm Park Park, The Fireman's fun at will Chamberlain Park six to eleven. The wild Man is going to be at the pick six.
Speaker 9: Also, the other big event this weekend between now and Sunday. If you go to Valley House in Harrison, the best restaurant Harrison. If you go there on Sunday, ten percent of all protein proceeds goes to Harrison fifth Grade.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 9: Football team, that's your team, right, yes, right, you can have some good silent auction prizes you should bid on will you should stop out the Harrison A couple of grand on.
Speaker 1: A on A. I can't get there. You think you're going far enough, you keep on goal.
Speaker 9: You're just going do you almost hit Indiana and then take a left, take a loft, hard left.
Speaker 1: It's right there right there are those new homes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you'll see just like a cluster of a bunch of homes.
Speaker 1: Rocky Estates are the boy him in arms. That's what they're gonna call. I wish what's on the big show today? Rock If anything? I have no idea.
Speaker 9: Kid, We've got John mattarese yes, Richard Skinner right out of the gate on the Bengals.
Speaker 1: John Mattarez at three fifty.
Speaker 8: Reds have activated off the ten day injured list. Willie Catcher Luke Mayley Herd heate a disc in his back of the option to back to Louisville.
Speaker 1: Catcher Eric Yang. What about Reece? What about reyes Hines? Where's he? He's in Louisville. He threw a guy out the other night at home Plate Player of the Week, right, I don't know gone. Everybody's getting healthy now and the Reds are going to make their move. I might have kept him.
Speaker 8: What do you think, Well, they're going to make their move right, starting to out make a move.
Speaker 1: Keep him up here, Keep him here. He's got potential, which means you haven't done it yet. Segment. Get me out of the two as.
Speaker 8: Your point, like this, show what everybody will he everybody have a good weekend, Luke Combs. Reds get a fest Deer Park Festival in Rock, the Valley House in Harrison Sunday, Sunday Sunday.
Speaker 1: I'll be there, maybe with her with the with the wild Man. Tonight on the pick six at Chamberlain Park, I gave him a fifty. It thought a game of five, so he kept the differential. Make sure you count to his dollars.
Speaker 8: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 1: See Highway Patrol again next week.
Speaker 3: Until then, remember breakfast driving doesn't determine who's right, only who's left.
Speaker 1: This is Rodrick Crawford saying see you next week. Oh, we need him back instead of TikTok. On News Radio seven d w el